2. Shopping

Stop & Shop

Stop & Shop
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Stop & Shop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stop & Shop?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about StopnShop?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

The pharmacy team at Stop & Shop is very helpful, and take the time to answer questions and provide information. It's also very easy to fill a prescription through the automated phone system.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I used to go to Walgreens for years because it's local and a major pharmacy in the neighborhood. One day I decided to check out Stop & Shop, so I had my prescription sent there. It was a lot cheaper.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I called on labor day to order some food for my daughter's wedding. A woman called me back to verify. When my husband went to pick up the food there was no order. Ugh. Bill at the deli took great care of us and made me everything I had ordered. He his the best. Made my daughters wedding. I feel that you have a great employee in him. Thank you so much.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Hi, I’m writing to express how happy I am with the customer service of the Stop & Shop Store located in Trumbull, CT. First of all during this pandemic I’ve come to depend on your store for all my regular and emergency purchases. I’m a regular customer there and I’ve come to be familiar with most of the employees in that branch. Lately, because there are products that I’ve come to depend on, the assistance that I’ve been getting from your employees has been top notch.

I’d like to highlight two employees in particular. Ms. Sharon ** and Mrs. Choon **. There are products that they know that I always purchase and they would let me know if these products are available on the shelves, if I’m unable to make it to the store and select them. This allows me to visit your store and easily browse your isle for all of my needs including those products that I’ve been notified of by these two star employees, in my eyes. The definitely need to be recognized for their years of service and excellent hospitality. Thank you.

Original review: March 22, 2020

The New Fairfield, CT Stop n' Shop is our choice when it's time to stock up on groceries and during this hideous pandemic it's become more important than ever. Recently they instituted a 'seniors only' time frame for shopping each day which I took advantage of on a recent Saturday morning. I must say I was very impressed! The store was clean and sanitized, previously out-of-stock items we restocked such as paper towels, bread, and water. Best of all, they refrained from price gouging. The meat department's inventory was lean but after I talked with a member of the department I found out why. They can't even place an order because they are sent product strictly determined by their corporate office because of the ongoing pandemic. Their employees were friendly and helpful. Thank you Stop n' Shop, New Fairfield especially for those special senior shopping hours. You make our community proud.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Unlike my former pharmacy, they always have the RX I need on hand, or get it quickly. The same familiar pharmacists are always there, and the service is personal & exceptional.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I bought ice cream awhile back and returned it to the store in Neptune City cause someone had stuck their fingers in it. I then proceeded to get another one when I saw the manager put the same container I brought back into the freezer to be sold once again. I know this cause I opened the one he put back. Then the other day I bought the ice cream sandwiches that were on sale.. I went to eat one and it was frozen like it was old. Both boxes were the same. I didn't want to bring it back cause I figured the same thing would happen again. I'm done shopping at that store and will tell my friends about this also. I feel like the products are old and sit there for a long period of time. I will be shopping elsewhere. Have a great day. A disappointed customer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I tripped over a hand palette mover about 6' from the front door 6/16/2020. NO SECURITY cameras to see what happened. Six feet from the front door, still under the roof not in lot and NO CAMERAs! That's crazy and scary!!! The insurance company dismissed what happened. They did NOT want to see pictures of my injuries. I kept putting her supervisor on the emails and she kept removing her. When I called customer service they promised it would go above the supervisor level... Guess who called me.... her supervisor. All they kept saying was I didn't go for medical attention. I had bruises, scrapes, some pain but I chose to go with just ** and ice. With everything going on w/ COVID I didn't want to go URGENT care as I have health issues. There's no way to call/email etc corporate. SAD, VERY SAD.

Original review: July 15, 2020

My complain is about Stop & Shop located at Franklin St Bloomfield NJ. This store is pricey, I know that, it's no news but it's sad. But my most recent experience takes the cake. I threw away a full gallon of stop & stop brand milk yesterday because it was bad. I was so upset about it because the same this happened last month and I let it go. The stamps on it says "sell by July 8" and yesterday was July 14th. How could it go bad after 7-8 day of sell by date. I called the store to complain and the store manager had the guts to ask if I had a receipt.. Who keeps grocery receipt after 7 days? He did not even offer any help or replacement. The kids could have drank the milk and all get sick and what he cared about was receipt? Another concern here is, why do I get bad milk from this store every month? It is scary! I can't trust their dairy section anymore.

Original review: July 2, 2020

After my trip to the local Stop & Shop located at 15 Franklin St, Seymour, CT 06483, I was highly disappointed in one of their employees. As a newly pet owner of a young puppy, I was not aware of the "No dogs" policy in the store. However, as I was walking with my pup inside his locked crate, a manager rudely approached me and told me that my puppy, who was asleep at the time, was not allowed in the store. So, as I exited the store with my puppy, a ** couple walked in with a huge golden retriever on a leash with no sign that it was a service dog and instead of approaching the couple the same way he did towards my boyfriend and I, he started petting the dog.

I was highly disgusted because I felt as though my boyfriend and I were racially profiled after the manager took the time to walk in front of us to see what was in the small crate. I know my complaint may get pushed aside but I felt as though I needed to voice my concern seeing that the managers in that Stop and Shop do not treat their customers the same based on their race.

Stop & Shop Company Information