2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

Shoprite Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: June 10, 2020

While MD is in Stage 2 of reopening in the pandemic, I am a cautious senior citizen. So I opted for online ordering from my nearby Aberdeen, MD Shoprite where I have shopped for years. I used the curbside pickup and parked in one of four convenient designated spots. The directions at the site said to text that I was there, but I did not have the technology for that, so I waved an employee over and gave him the slip of paper I'd brought with the order number on it. In a few minutes another very courteous employee, who acknowledged me by name, came out with my order and associated receipts. The order was completely correct; there were a couple of coupons; the ice cream was frozen, and when I unpacked the order at home, an extra complimentary vegetable had been added. This was outstanding service!

Original review: April 8, 2020

I realize that there is a lot of frustration with on-line shopping not only at ShopRite but pretty much everywhere. We all have done it with this pandemic and the conditions by which we are all under. We can't get a timeslot on ShopRite so we jump to the next grocery chain only to have the same frustration. IT IS UNUSUAL times people. I want to go on record saying that despite over 3-5 hours in one week trying to "get in virtual line" to shop, these people that work at our grocery stores are there to help us and risking their own health. Give them a break. My first experience using this service in lieu of going into the store was amazing and I am so appreciative that these people are there to help us. They don't need all the 1-Stars and complaints. These are tough times for all of us regardless of our personal situations.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Yesterday I ordered my groceries online. They were ready for me at my pick up time. Also whoever the personal shopper was did an outstanding job. Fox street Shoprite in Philadelphia. I am 59 with a heart condition, they may have just saved my life.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I have used Shop At Home several times. The site is difficult to navigate and fails often. Orders are dropped routinely. The credit card purchase process and functionality fails often and there have been several instances where the actual order has not completed even though the site indicate completion. There have been 3 cases where the order was dropped and in each case to store took no responsibility for the problem. The person I spoke to said they don't have problems with most customer, but their online ratings attest to the fact that they have many problems and assign blame incorrectly. We have shopped at Shoprite Lawnside for many, many years and it is an adequate store, the people are generally positive.

The Shop at home is absolutely terrible. They also have a tendency to blame everything on covid issues. If they can't get an online order right, I wonder what else may be wrong. They gave me a 10 dollar discount on the last order because it was not completed properly, but waiting for days for an order, after your order has been dropped, to find out you can't get it ---- and there is no record of it.... Makes the 10 dollar allowance like lemon juice in the eye. This service is absolutely terrible at the Lawnside Store and with the website overall. The online staff is courteous but inept. If you have another option, take it.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have been a Shoprite customer 35 years & have never ever been to such a horrific store than this one!! Every single staff member is so utterly unprofessional, make rude & demeaning comments to anybody that complains & the worst staff are the 2 guys that work customer service! This store never ever has anything on sale in stock & they do not give rainchecks. I go on Monday, the 2nd day the sales start & I have never walked out with more than 20% of the items I went there for!! I told mgmt they either have to ensure they ordered enough product to get through the sale week or offer rain checks!! That store is run so poorly I am literally shocked Wakefern allows it to remain open! Mgmt is useless & acts as immature as the 16 year old cashiers!

I've actually yelled out loud if "I was being punked & that Ashton Kutcher or John Quinones better jump out from behind a kiosk cause there is no way what I was experiencing was real". No matter what NJ town I live in I am a loyal customer to the local Shoprite & now that I am in North Bergen I have no choice but to go to this one since it is the only one in the area. I literally cringe & get sick to my stomach the second I pull into the parking lot already knowing what I am going to experience but as low income I need to save whatever $ I can on food.

I moved to North Bergen 1.75 years ago & love this town but can no longer stay because of this Shoprite.. Yes, this is the reason I am leaving the area!! Since day one this store has not improved & don't think it's going to. It's very obvious they just do not care!! I called them right before writing this review, to ask if they had 2 products in stock before I went out in this heat to go up there and the nasty little girl that answered sucked her teeth before hanging up on me!!! Corporate needs to get on top of this store!!!

Original review: June 11, 2020

Online time slots are difficult to obtain. Immediately after completing order, I attempted to correct a requested item. The online menu would not allow me to accomplish this. The order is still 6 hours away from being accomplished and I cannot communicate with anyone regarding substitution or cancelling the order. Phone support is extremely difficult. The Phone access on hold for this issue has been more than three hours.

Original review: May 4, 2020

Hours of operation start at 8am. I called (800-746-7748) on Monday, 5/4/20, at 8:17am and received a recording that "No one is available to take your call. Try again at a later time". This is unacceptable customer service. If you're not going to open when advertised, change your hours or hire someone who will show up when they're supposed to.

Original review: April 11, 2020

In the store a couple of weeks ago and I purchase 6 Dannon yogurt marked down to .75 each and you get another .25 off when you get to the register. I didn't look at my receipt but when I got home I notice it didn't take of the .25 off at the register. So I lost 1.75. In the store today bought 2 Express Fresh Green Crisp salad, marked 2/$4.00. At the register it rung up $2.49 each, it didn't acknowledge the .25. This time I got an worker to check it out and I was correct and she gave me my .98 back. Beware of what's going on especially at this time. The change add up to dollars.

Original review: April 6, 2020

My wife just got back from a quick shopping trip to Shoprite on Long Island on Rte 111 in Hauppauge NY. Jansens Shoprite. She was wearing a mask and gloves as we have all been instructed to do because of the Coronavirus but many shoppers and many employees were not including the manager of the store. When my wife was leaving she went to the manager and complained and his response was "Yeah Yeah. Have a nice day". This is in total disregard for anyone's health and well being at this time. This needs to be reported because this is a very dangerous thing for them to be doing and they are not adhering to the guidelines that are being put out there by the state and federal governments.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I have been a consumer of Shoprite for decades. Recently my disabled husband who is a vet had an issue with his benefits. So this month has been, unimaginably rough. We have a kid we need to feed. So we called pantries and were told there was a week of two out to get anything. I couldn’t take it anymore so I called a Shoprite store directly, was told I needed to speak with the main office. After being given a complete run around I finally speak with the executives office and it gets worse. They apparently have a minimum of what they will do to help anyone. I was told by one guy, I’m sure an Inserra, that a thousand people call up every single day demanding food. So at that point I understood their pushback but to a degree. Anyway he says he will have someone from a location, that they send food to, call me. I never got a call back.

Two hours later I called back, because I needed for them to tell me that they had better luck than I. Well they didn’t, but still would not help. I said to the lady I know you guys gets thousands of calls, basically repeating what one of the Inserra’s had told me on the prior call, she cuts me off and says, “No we don’t.” I said that’s what the other gentleman told me she said, “no we don’t get calls like this everyday. It is just our policy.” I said your policy? Shoprite’s policy? She said “it is on our website as a corporate policy not to give people food.” I said of all the things I have been disgusted by in this process, that right there makes me physically sick. You tell people to go to pantries. To get things like peanut butter and jelly, rice, canned tuna and vegetables. But at these locations they don’t have bread, butter, eggs, milk, you know the basics you need to make these items like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I said you make millions if not billions... She cuts me off and says, “no we don’t make anywhere near that.” I pulled Shoprite’s Revenue it is 16.6 Billion dollars. I continued and said it is absolutely disgusting that there is a quota on your help. A cap to which you would help an individual, in what actually is apparently one of an isolated situation. Because this isn’t something that they experience on a daily basis or regularly, someone calling to say they need help feeding their kid. I mean absolutely disgusting. I say this not because they have any obligation. They don’t know me or my family, but I know for a fact that if someone says to me, I’m hungry. They will speak no more on an empty stomach.

But what is to be expected from a store who has hourly wages as low as 9, 10 dollars for employees, but then at the end of the night instead of allowing those employees working for such low wages, who do not get employee discounts, to take the remaining refrigerated food home if needed. I did a little asking around and from the mouths of current employees and found the Inserra’s actually mandates all the meats go to the garbage. Why when consumers go shopping and keep out food in the fridge and freezer (keeping freshness), they make their low wages employees throw all of that meat in the garbage. I have never been more disgusted.

My husband is a disabled vet. We have a child. I have no income currently but just started a small company. But speaking as a consumer, I will never endorse Shoprite as I have in the past. When you are an individual in position to stop at least one persons hunger, let alone a vet and child, forget me okay, forget me, but A Veteran and A Child; a person whose sacrificed their life for your family and your own life and freedom on this soil and the life of something so Innocent such as a child, you are an abominable individual. I mean grotesque is too kind of a word. This was my experience that I needed to share, not with any particular store location but about the owners that literally are in a position to help families that are not living off of welfare, supporting themselves and pushing ahead but said hey can I get a dollar loaf of bread and a group of owners whose moral compass is apparently out of whack.

Shoprite Company Information