2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

View More View More

Shoprite Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Shoprite has recently changed their store brand to bowel and basket. Usually they are pretty good with their milk but my recent purchase of their milk was anything but good. The milk I purchased has an expiration/sell by date of 1/7/20 but my milk already went bad 1/2/20. After this experience it will be nice if they change it back to the original but for right now I will be shopping elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Whenever I buy my half & half (their own brand) at ShopRite, it doesn’t last past three weeks. I don’t understand; I love my ShopRite in Commack NY. I shop there all the time. That’s why I keep on buying the product there but there has to be a reason why this is happening. Not going to buy my half & half there anymore. Sorry ShopRite. You’re good at everything else. Great customer service, great prices too so my two star rating is only for the one product.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

This review is strictly about this store's parking lot, on three occasions my car was hit while parked and once while standing waiting for a car to vacate its spot for me to take. There is little to no security patrolling out front parking and little to no assistance from Shoprite to assist in security camera details or research. The store itself is great but having no confidence in having a safe experience is frightening, for this reason it's worth going out of my way to shop elsewhere to guarantee my safety.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

ShopRite of Stratford CT. I was confronted by the store manager at this ShopRite and a woman who I never met before. I brought my own water in their store with my receipt..My receipt was never checked. I was told to leave my water in customer service. I said no. If any problems called the police. The woman at the front followed me in the middle of the store. I took her pic. She had absolutely no right doing that. I am not a thief. I am disabled and a CS survivor. I went home I had pain all night and was sick.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have been shopping with Shoprite Online for about 3 years now and the delivery service has gone down the drain. Last week they delivered someone else food to me and this week they delivered at the wrong time and day. I spend over $10,000 dollars a year on food at your store. I will no longer use your store to feed my family. Too many mistakes and not enough integrity on the service provided. Now it's time to try Stop & Shop instead or Whole Foods. Bye!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I had to called about a missing item on my Receipt, which not only took 4-5 hrs to get but delivered to the wrong house next door and had an embarrassing experience with the neighbors. Be careful doing deliveries!

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am a customer of the Southington CT Shop Rite. I purchased a package of sealed Cabot cheese on 5-30-19 with an expiration date of 6-6-2020. It turned dark green after about 2 weeks. I returned it to the Southington CT store hoping that they would give me a store credit. The item only costs $3.99. The manager of the store said he could not give me a store credit or replace the cheese because I did not have my receipt. They even looked up my Shoprite card and seen that I had purchased Items on that day. I always loved that store because of the products that they carry but unfortunately I will never shop at Shoprite again because of the principle. If they sell products that go bad and don't take responsibility for them then that's just Bad Business ethics.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Shoprite from Home Parsippany store very disorganized. I have been using Shoprite from home for quite some time now and in the past it worked fine. The last 3 months they are extremely disorganized. My orders have been incorrect, late (even though you pick the time-frame for delivery). They have no concept of time and think their customers have all day to wait for a delivery. The most recent event today, they were to deliver between 10-12, they did get here by 11:45, but forgot my frozen food items. I immediately called and they said a driver would deliver these items between 2-4, at 4:15 I called to find out my items are still there and now they want to bring them by 6 pm. I have given them 3 chances to improve, time to go back to Peapod where I never had any issues!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I bought blueberries, mango, cherries, and string beans and could not believe how bad they were. CHERRIES were uneatable as was the mangoes. The blueberries looked real but sadly had no taste. The string beans were green. That was how I knew what it was. These were not isolated purchases. I will not be buying fresh F&V anymore at Shoprite. I live on a budget as do most of us and these purchases hurt.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I am a big supporter of ShopRite. From the meat department, Dairy, Seafood, Prepared foods, my experience of purchase has always been SUPER FRESH. Store coupons are endless. Price club coupons are like getting food for free. They also have fun things to incorporate holiday points and you receive a free choice of meat. Automatic price club points applied JUST LIKE CASH. The Gallagher Family runs the MOAFS A.K.A. Mother of all SUPERMARKETS. Not one other company I love more and this locations is always Orderly, Friendly, Courteous, Run On INTEGRITY, Built on PRIDE. Handicap ACCESSIBILITY, Motorized shopping carts. There’s not one thing this company forget to implement in a HIGHLY SATISFIED SHOPPING EXPERIENCE.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Shoprite Company Information