3.04/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Shoprite

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

View More View More

231 Shoprite Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2018

ShopRite website for Online ordering is not working properly, they are really making us waste time, when precisely the reason of the online ordering is to save time, I mean how come they are going to release an upgrade of their site, without performing normal test, unbelievable, where is the IT staff, eating dog food?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Today is 4/18/18 and I was looking online to hopefully find a cake I've been looking for. Unfortunately, the cake wasn't posted online on the website which is to no surprise. Mostly all of the cakes are not online. So, I decided to call the store instead of chancing it that the store will have it tomorrow and wasting my time. I call, the automated system prompted me with the department listing and I selected 4 for the Bakery. No answer. I tried 4 more times and no answer. I then thought, why not try to contact the customer service/floor manager for assistance... When I tried, no answer. I tried 4 more times and no answer! Now, I'm livid! I'm at work trying to make sure a cake is there for my job and I can't even get the manager/customer service/bakery department on the floor.

I then decided to try the Bakery Department again. No answer. I said I'm going to keep calling them until someone answers... And then finally after the 4th time again... A guy answers. I asked him if they still had any carrot cakes in the store. He said hold on... He will go and check. He came back on the phone and said, "Yes." I asked him if I can schedule one for a pick-up tomorrow (4/19/2018), he said, "Yes." Then there was an awkward silence as I'm waiting for him to ask me for my pickup information. He then says, breaking the silence, so tomorrow pickup, I said, "Yes." He then says, "Okay you're all set."

Now, I am all confused. How does he know who is coming to pick up? He never took any of my information... not even a phone number nor name. The only reason I called is because I always purchase cakes monthly from ShopRite and sometimes, they don't have this cake out and if they do, it's not always a full-size cake. I am a faithful/loyal customer to this Bakery and the store itself and the customer service is RIDICULOUS!!! Literally on my top 3 for worst customer service! This has to change... Or I will take my business elsewhere. Customers don't deserve bad service. Just to remind you, I was only asking to place a pickup for one cake and went through all of this. This took up way too much of my time and I work at the front desk of a global company to play games on the phone. FYI... The store address is 13 City Place, White Plains, NY 10601.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am reviewing this store (Shop Rite of Marlton) negatively because of experiences with rude employees. Most recently, I asked the customer service person (Rachel **) where to locate an item. When, she couldn't find it, I said okay and headed back to my cart. This was also after the courtesy desk person could not locate the product. As I proceeded to my cart, I heard Rachel call me a name. I asked her what she said and what her name was. She refused to give me her name and covered over her name tag with her sweater. Her behavior was unbecoming and unacceptable. The manager said he would speak to her. I hope he did. If it was my employee, she wouldn't be anymore.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Remember the days when the plastic bags were Heavy Weight to your products did not end up on the tarmac before you even got home? Not anymore...Shoprite has become Shop Wrong. Only bags they provide now are med/light weight and cannot hold the weight of 2 1/2 gal. bottles of milk at the same time. Their Excuse: Corporate has stopped providing stores from now on with Heavy Weight bags. Why??? Of Course it is as always only another way to make more money off of the consumer. Has absolutely nothing to do with environment=strictly corp profits at the consumers' expense. DO NOT SHOP - SHOPRITE ANYMORE UNTIL THEY START LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THEM IN BUSINESS - THE CONSUMER.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The meat manager, Matt, left about 50 circulars in the meat department which showed last week’s sales. Instead of honoring the price, he refused and said “we go based on the price tags.” This is very poor customer service in my opinion. If you make an error, you should fix it, not argue with the customer over where you got the circular from. Matt had every opportunity to fix the pricing but never took the opportunity to fix it. He should really practice his customer service skills. I refuse to go back to this business the way I was treated by Matt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: March 17, 2018

I have been shopping at Kearny NJ Shoprite and am greeted every morning by 4 to 8 smokers whom smoke at the front entrance. Have talked to three different managers, still nothing has changed. If you love getting hit with stinky smoke in the morning, go to Shoprite Kearny, where the smoking employees will tell you to shop somewhere else if you don't like it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I find everything I need every time but one thing I do not buy from this store... Milk is always a few day before due date. Not good. Has happen to me the last few time I was there. Will not buy milk from the supermarket.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I enjoy shopping at Shoprite. The sales are good on any given day. The stores are very clean from what I can see, and the salespeople are very helpful. Their most popular sales would be the can-can sales which they have twice a year.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

First time using home delivery, I shop at Shoprite routinely and I like their selection and price, but I was truly disappointed with my first home delivery. My window was between 12 and 2. The guy got here at 3:30. He forgot ALL my frozen items. I call, they said he'd be here soon... It's currently 5:20 And no delivery yet. Called again, spoke with a manager, at least they'll credit me the $20, but this is very, very disappointing. I expected better. I'll give them another chance...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Shoprite paid to advertise the sale flyers coming to our mailbox? 2/3/18 what flyers? There are none and the post office has none and Kenny Family Wilmington Store has none per Cassi in customer service who does not care where I shop! Well that is discrimination and unfair. I shop regularly at Shoprite yet I am not given the opportunity to have the sales flyer?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

While shopping today at Shoprite Supermarket at Metro Plaza, Jersey City, NJ, I had to use their customers' restroom. What I found there was shocking: Definitely one of the filthiest restrooms I have seen in my life. Outrageously unsanitary conditions, especially in the case of a food store. Now I am wondering about their food handlers...

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Perdue Chicken legs & thighs was going on sale today, Jan 21. At 10AM there was none. I asked 2 people in the meat dept. and they said they have none. I asked for a manager at cust. serv. and the girl said that the Manager will say the same thing and she refused to page Him.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Big thank you for your Assistant Store Manager, ANDREW **, from ShopRite of Lodi. This gentleman did everything to fix the problem, marked in the meat section of this store. ShopRite management, you need more workers like this guy, take care of him, because he is the best person I ever meet in stores. Thank you again ANDREW.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The new Shoprite in Vineland used to be a clean place to shop when it first opened but lately not so much. It smells in there and the fruit is always very old. Every time I buy pastries they are hard. The lettuce is brown and I found a long black hair in my soup. I don't understand why it's so dirty now?! The pharmacy is also becoming a rip off with prices. It is always switching its prices, increasing every month higher and higher. I will no longer shop here even if I must go to another town.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Although I am not the principal shopper in the family, I am called upon to do it from time to time. Shoprite is easy to shop with a traditional store layout. Everything from the mundane to the exotic is readily available. Special dietary needs are accommodated with a good array of vegan, gluten and dairy-free products.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The only problem I have with Shoprite is the quality of the meat. I've noticed quality differs from owner to owner. ie: Newton has excellent meat, Perth Amboy very good meat but I will not buy meat at the Edison or Woodbridge stores, 3 different owners.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Shoprite is my husband's go-to place to shop - he worked there before retirement and knows where everything is - we buy most of our meat and seafood online (as I prefer organic food primarily) - but James buys our beer and produce there as he knows everyone who works there. However, they pull items from their shelves when consumers prefer other brands than Shoprite's and that limits what we purchase there.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

ShopRite has great produce, meat, dairy, pharmacy and general merchandise. They have excellent personnel. I'm very pleased with every aspect of this immaculate store.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The managers of this store walk around like overinflated parade balloons doing nothing and stopping staff from helping customers to do things they could do if they weren't so lazy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ever since the new store opened first thing I noticed was the smell of the food & I adore your salad selections. I eat so much salad & my favorite thing is your fresh baked rolls. They go with my salad & my bottle of water. Also, you can tell that all your meat is so fresh. I was amazed to see everything clean & associates are everywhere throughout store & if I can't reach, there's always someone ready to help me. There has been no shopping center like yours. Congratulations & I will be seeing you soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I love the fact that Shoprite has everything in the store. There is even an organic foods section. There are other pluses that other stores don't have such as a salad bar, grill, pizzeria. And many of them have a coffee shop that is built into the store such as Dunkin Donuts... Very convenient!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Shoprite in Manchester NJ needs to have more available cash registers. There is ALWAYS a long wait to check out. But the food is always fresh and the managers are friendly.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Seniors Unite. So you spend what little money you have with Shoprite all year and when it comes time for Thanksgiving or Christmas, they insult seniors by charging the absolute highest price on turkeys anywhere so they can reward the larger families by giving away a Free Turkey if they spend $400 in less than a month. Most seniors can't spend that much so basically they take our money all year and then when the holidays come they say to hell with you. On the other hand Stop & Shop is charging only 39 cents a pound for turkey so they are accommodating seniors. We all should boycott Shoprite and spend our money with Stop & Shop because I have been in contact with the corporate office at Shoprite and basically, they just don't care. The only thing they will listen to is our buying power as a group.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

When I shop here I always have the overall sensation that it's dirty. I don't think the employees are well supervised (especially the cashiers). Once I bought ground beef and it had blue styrofoam ground up with it due to lack of supervision. Once the entire store smelled of urine. I hate shopping here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Shoprite is a very large store and has great product selections. Produce, meat, seafood and deli counters are spacious with fresh quality product. The staff is amazing when assistance is required. Plenty of parking and opens early, closing late.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's a good store with good sales. Very good giving rain checks. Some of the stuff is pricey. If I can I wait for it to go on sale. The store is clean and the checkout people are very nice.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My local Shoprite is very clean and is easy to find what I need although it takes a little longer for them to stock newly introduced products. I love the coupons in the local Shoprite's weekly circular.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Shoprite in Aberdeen, NJ is so clean, the prices are great. Love this store. The workers are always willing to help. Everything is fresh and wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Great quality of all available items. Lower prices. Helpful employees. Great advertised sales and incentives. Cleanliness is awesome. Very pleased with parking as well for handicapped persons.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Weekly specials, digital coupons, and overall low prices help make grocery shopping affordable. Sale items are in stock and available. Quality of produce, meats, and dairy are good with good quality.

Shoprite Company Information