2.72/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Shoprite

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

View More View More

235 Shoprite Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

There is one clerk at the Deli dept. who rubs his nose while slicing meats. I have seen this many times and had complained to him about it and asked for another clerk to slice my meats. My next visit to the Deli, a week later, the same clerk was observed still rubbing his nose. Nasty! At another visit to this Deli, I ordered some meats and I always request my meats shaved (Sliced extremely thin). I had to ask this Deli clerk many times if he could shave the meat thinner. He was slicing it too thick. I watched him take every slice and actually grind them up between his fingers... I also noted at that time that his plastic gloves were all ripped up and falling apart. Real Nasty! I complained many times to the management about these Deli clerks and they never asked me which clerk was doing these nasty things which only proved to me that they never did anything about it. That was the Last time for going to that store.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went to Shoprite Scarsdale, New York, 7/17/2018, to purchase fish and oil which was on sale. When I went to get the oil, there were none on the shelf. I went to customer service desk, and while I was online for about 15 minutes, I asked one of the stock guys to please look to see if they had more oil in stock. If they did, could he get a bottle before I reach the customer service associate. When I got to the customer service rep, she printed out a rain check receipt for me, simultaneously the stock person told her they possibly had more oil in the back. She said she would hold on to the rain check receipt until he brought the oil to the counter. The stock guy said he'd be right back. I waited at the customer service desk with my 2 -year- old son whom at that time was sleeping. No one showed up. I asked the CS rep for the rain check. She stated the stock person had to go down the basement and get the item.

Another 10 min passed. Aggravated and anxious, I ask the customer service rep to please give me the rain check so I can leave because I had to go pick up my other son from daycare. No one showed up... I ask for a manager. After several minutes the manager Glenn showed up. He seemed stressed and irritated. I explain to him how long I'd been waiting. Instead of the. MANAGER DIFFUSING the situation and my complaint, he IGNITED it.

Moments after the manager arrived the oil came. "The oil is here. Go pay for it," he said in a nasty tone. I was a bit upset and I explained to him if you couldn't get it to me quicker and it's not on the shelves you should have given me a rain check so I could come back another day. Glenn told me "the oil is here now. Go pay for it." I asked him, "Why are you speaking to me like this. You shouldn't speak to me this way." He told me, "I can speak to you any way I want." I said, "You don't speak to a paying customer in that manner... I'm the customer you should listen to my concerns." He says, "I never listen to a guy like you." I took this as a racial insult. I asked him to repeat what he said, "I NEVER TAKE ORDERS FROM A GUY LIKE YOU... YOU PAID FOR THE OIL NOW. NOW GET OUT!"

I was appalled, humiliated, embarrassed. I was so frantic I couldn't find my credit card which was later found and returned to customer service and put in a volt. I went to customer service and return the items... I was so upset one of the sales associates told me that this manager had only been there a few months and was difficult with employees as well. I called Shoprite customer support. Spoke to Eric, he took note if the incident, apologized for the manager's behavior. He guaranteed a call back from the owners. As of to date 7/17/18 no contact from Shoprite.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have been a Shoprite patron at the Nelson's Corner Shoprite in Hillsborough, NJ, since it opened. In the last few years it has been on the decline - in the products offered and the atmosphere. While shopping today, another customer stated to me, that this store had a terrible odor, she's right. You once had a choice of brands for products. The choice is getting slimmer - Goya is superseding all other brands. The meat department is not any different. It once carried John Martin & Son ham products along with Cook's (which is preservative laden and bilious). John Martin & Son products are no longer available. The end cap in the meat department carried Pat La Frieda, Purveyor of fine meats, products. There are less Pat La Frieda products now that this Shoprite has crammed more of their mediocre, Shoprite meat and poultry into the end-cap.

Mixed in with Chicken wings and turkey products you now find skinned rabbits (ugh! dead rodents). They used be housed in a separate case with other not so delectable choices that Americans don't normally consider for daily meals. This is not the UK or Asia! Today, was the last straw for me, I couldn't find half of the items, I needed. It was convenient to shop there, as it is only 3 miles from my home; but, I intend to shop at another Franchise owner's store, that provides choices in brands and products. The Hillsborough, NJ Shoprite is on a downward slide.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Visiting from Florida & tried their shop from home at Shoprite of Fairless Hills. What a joke. I ordered 12 cases of PA Dutch Diet Birch Beer, which is not sold in Florida, to take back home with us. Ordered at 7:00 AM for pickup between 6:30 & 7:00 PM. Received a call a little after 6 PM saying they were running behind & it wouldn't be ready at 6:30. OK, no problem, so we arrived at 7:35 & went in to find they didn't have it & substituted Diet Mug Root Beer??? (I did not list a substitute.) They called at 7:23 to tell us this! So they didn't know they didn't have it when they called at 6 to tell us the order would be late??? Don't they have computers to keep track of their inventory? How could they possibly, after 12 hours, not know they had no stock? I think their system needs a bit of work.

Original review: May 8, 2018

ShopRite website for Online ordering is not working properly, they are really making us waste time, when precisely the reason of the online ordering is to save time, I mean how come they are going to release an upgrade of their site, without performing normal test, unbelievable, where is the IT staff, eating dog food?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: April 18, 2018

Today is 4/18/18 and I was looking online to hopefully find a cake I've been looking for. Unfortunately, the cake wasn't posted online on the website which is to no surprise. Mostly all of the cakes are not online. So, I decided to call the store instead of chancing it that the store will have it tomorrow and wasting my time. I call, the automated system prompted me with the department listing and I selected 4 for the Bakery. No answer. I tried 4 more times and no answer. I then thought, why not try to contact the customer service/floor manager for assistance... When I tried, no answer. I tried 4 more times and no answer! Now, I'm livid! I'm at work trying to make sure a cake is there for my job and I can't even get the manager/customer service/bakery department on the floor.

I then decided to try the Bakery Department again. No answer. I said I'm going to keep calling them until someone answers... And then finally after the 4th time again... A guy answers. I asked him if they still had any carrot cakes in the store. He said hold on... He will go and check. He came back on the phone and said, "Yes." I asked him if I can schedule one for a pick-up tomorrow (4/19/2018), he said, "Yes." Then there was an awkward silence as I'm waiting for him to ask me for my pickup information. He then says, breaking the silence, so tomorrow pickup, I said, "Yes." He then says, "Okay you're all set."

Now, I am all confused. How does he know who is coming to pick up? He never took any of my information... not even a phone number nor name. The only reason I called is because I always purchase cakes monthly from ShopRite and sometimes, they don't have this cake out and if they do, it's not always a full-size cake. I am a faithful/loyal customer to this Bakery and the store itself and the customer service is RIDICULOUS!!! Literally on my top 3 for worst customer service! This has to change... Or I will take my business elsewhere. Customers don't deserve bad service. Just to remind you, I was only asking to place a pickup for one cake and went through all of this. This took up way too much of my time and I work at the front desk of a global company to play games on the phone. FYI... The store address is 13 City Place, White Plains, NY 10601.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am reviewing this store (Shop Rite of Marlton) negatively because of experiences with rude employees. Most recently, I asked the customer service person (Rachel **) where to locate an item. When, she couldn't find it, I said okay and headed back to my cart. This was also after the courtesy desk person could not locate the product. As I proceeded to my cart, I heard Rachel call me a name. I asked her what she said and what her name was. She refused to give me her name and covered over her name tag with her sweater. Her behavior was unbecoming and unacceptable. The manager said he would speak to her. I hope he did. If it was my employee, she wouldn't be anymore.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Remember the days when the plastic bags were Heavy Weight to your products did not end up on the tarmac before you even got home? Not anymore...Shoprite has become Shop Wrong. Only bags they provide now are med/light weight and cannot hold the weight of 2 1/2 gal. bottles of milk at the same time. Their Excuse: Corporate has stopped providing stores from now on with Heavy Weight bags. Why??? Of Course it is as always only another way to make more money off of the consumer. Has absolutely nothing to do with environment=strictly corp profits at the consumers' expense. DO NOT SHOP - SHOPRITE ANYMORE UNTIL THEY START LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP THEM IN BUSINESS - THE CONSUMER.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The meat manager, Matt, left about 50 circulars in the meat department which showed last week’s sales. Instead of honoring the price, he refused and said “we go based on the price tags.” This is very poor customer service in my opinion. If you make an error, you should fix it, not argue with the customer over where you got the circular from. Matt had every opportunity to fix the pricing but never took the opportunity to fix it. He should really practice his customer service skills. I refuse to go back to this business the way I was treated by Matt.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I have been shopping at Kearny NJ Shoprite and am greeted every morning by 4 to 8 smokers whom smoke at the front entrance. Have talked to three different managers, still nothing has changed. If you love getting hit with stinky smoke in the morning, go to Shoprite Kearny, where the smoking employees will tell you to shop somewhere else if you don't like it.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I find everything I need every time but one thing I do not buy from this store... Milk is always a few day before due date. Not good. Has happen to me the last few time I was there. Will not buy milk from the supermarket.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I enjoy shopping at Shoprite. The sales are good on any given day. The stores are very clean from what I can see, and the salespeople are very helpful. Their most popular sales would be the can-can sales which they have twice a year.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

First time using home delivery, I shop at Shoprite routinely and I like their selection and price, but I was truly disappointed with my first home delivery. My window was between 12 and 2. The guy got here at 3:30. He forgot ALL my frozen items. I call, they said he'd be here soon... It's currently 5:20 And no delivery yet. Called again, spoke with a manager, at least they'll credit me the $20, but this is very, very disappointing. I expected better. I'll give them another chance...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Shoprite paid to advertise the sale flyers coming to our mailbox? 2/3/18 what flyers? There are none and the post office has none and Kenny Family Wilmington Store has none per Cassi in customer service who does not care where I shop! Well that is discrimination and unfair. I shop regularly at Shoprite yet I am not given the opportunity to have the sales flyer?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

While shopping today at Shoprite Supermarket at Metro Plaza, Jersey City, NJ, I had to use their customers' restroom. What I found there was shocking: Definitely one of the filthiest restrooms I have seen in my life. Outrageously unsanitary conditions, especially in the case of a food store. Now I am wondering about their food handlers...

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Perdue Chicken legs & thighs was going on sale today, Jan 21. At 10AM there was none. I asked 2 people in the meat dept. and they said they have none. I asked for a manager at cust. serv. and the girl said that the Manager will say the same thing and she refused to page Him.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Big thank you for your Assistant Store Manager, ANDREW **, from ShopRite of Lodi. This gentleman did everything to fix the problem, marked in the meat section of this store. ShopRite management, you need more workers like this guy, take care of him, because he is the best person I ever meet in stores. Thank you again ANDREW.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The new Shoprite in Vineland used to be a clean place to shop when it first opened but lately not so much. It smells in there and the fruit is always very old. Every time I buy pastries they are hard. The lettuce is brown and I found a long black hair in my soup. I don't understand why it's so dirty now?! The pharmacy is also becoming a rip off with prices. It is always switching its prices, increasing every month higher and higher. I will no longer shop here even if I must go to another town.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Although I am not the principal shopper in the family, I am called upon to do it from time to time. Shoprite is easy to shop with a traditional store layout. Everything from the mundane to the exotic is readily available. Special dietary needs are accommodated with a good array of vegan, gluten and dairy-free products.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The only problem I have with Shoprite is the quality of the meat. I've noticed quality differs from owner to owner. ie: Newton has excellent meat, Perth Amboy very good meat but I will not buy meat at the Edison or Woodbridge stores, 3 different owners.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Shoprite is my husband's go-to place to shop - he worked there before retirement and knows where everything is - we buy most of our meat and seafood online (as I prefer organic food primarily) - but James buys our beer and produce there as he knows everyone who works there. However, they pull items from their shelves when consumers prefer other brands than Shoprite's and that limits what we purchase there.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

ShopRite has great produce, meat, dairy, pharmacy and general merchandise. They have excellent personnel. I'm very pleased with every aspect of this immaculate store.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The managers of this store walk around like overinflated parade balloons doing nothing and stopping staff from helping customers to do things they could do if they weren't so lazy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ever since the new store opened first thing I noticed was the smell of the food & I adore your salad selections. I eat so much salad & my favorite thing is your fresh baked rolls. They go with my salad & my bottle of water. Also, you can tell that all your meat is so fresh. I was amazed to see everything clean & associates are everywhere throughout store & if I can't reach, there's always someone ready to help me. There has been no shopping center like yours. Congratulations & I will be seeing you soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I love the fact that Shoprite has everything in the store. There is even an organic foods section. There are other pluses that other stores don't have such as a salad bar, grill, pizzeria. And many of them have a coffee shop that is built into the store such as Dunkin Donuts... Very convenient!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Shoprite in Manchester NJ needs to have more available cash registers. There is ALWAYS a long wait to check out. But the food is always fresh and the managers are friendly.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Seniors Unite. So you spend what little money you have with Shoprite all year and when it comes time for Thanksgiving or Christmas, they insult seniors by charging the absolute highest price on turkeys anywhere so they can reward the larger families by giving away a Free Turkey if they spend $400 in less than a month. Most seniors can't spend that much so basically they take our money all year and then when the holidays come they say to hell with you. On the other hand Stop & Shop is charging only 39 cents a pound for turkey so they are accommodating seniors. We all should boycott Shoprite and spend our money with Stop & Shop because I have been in contact with the corporate office at Shoprite and basically, they just don't care. The only thing they will listen to is our buying power as a group.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

When I shop here I always have the overall sensation that it's dirty. I don't think the employees are well supervised (especially the cashiers). Once I bought ground beef and it had blue styrofoam ground up with it due to lack of supervision. Once the entire store smelled of urine. I hate shopping here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Shoprite is a very large store and has great product selections. Produce, meat, seafood and deli counters are spacious with fresh quality product. The staff is amazing when assistance is required. Plenty of parking and opens early, closing late.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's a good store with good sales. Very good giving rain checks. Some of the stuff is pricey. If I can I wait for it to go on sale. The store is clean and the checkout people are very nice.

Shoprite Company Information

www.shoprite.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business