3.44/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Shoprite

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 10, 2018

224 Shoprite Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

First time using home delivery, I shop at Shoprite routinely and I like their selection and price, but I was truly disappointed with my first home delivery. My window was between 12 and 2. The guy got here at 3:30. He forgot ALL my frozen items. I call, they said he'd be here soon... It's currently 5:20 And no delivery yet. Called again, spoke with a manager, at least they'll credit me the $20, but this is very, very disappointing. I expected better. I'll give them another chance...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Shoprite paid to advertise the sale flyers coming to our mailbox? 2/3/18 what flyers? There are none and the post office has none and Kenny Family Wilmington Store has none per Cassi in customer service who does not care where I shop! Well that is discrimination and unfair. I shop regularly at Shoprite yet I am not given the opportunity to have the sales flyer?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

While shopping today at Shoprite Supermarket at Metro Plaza, Jersey City, NJ, I had to use their customers' restroom. What I found there was shocking: Definitely one of the filthiest restrooms I have seen in my life. Outrageously unsanitary conditions, especially in the case of a food store. Now I am wondering about their food handlers...

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Perdue Chicken legs & thighs was going on sale today, Jan 21. At 10AM there was none. I asked 2 people in the meat dept. and they said they have none. I asked for a manager at cust. serv. and the girl said that the Manager will say the same thing and she refused to page Him.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Big thank you for your Assistant Store Manager, ANDREW **, from ShopRite of Lodi. This gentleman did everything to fix the problem, marked in the meat section of this store. ShopRite management, you need more workers like this guy, take care of him, because he is the best person I ever meet in stores. Thank you again ANDREW.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The new Shoprite in Vineland used to be a clean place to shop when it first opened but lately not so much. It smells in there and the fruit is always very old. Every time I buy pastries they are hard. The lettuce is brown and I found a long black hair in my soup. I don't understand why it's so dirty now?! The pharmacy is also becoming a rip off with prices. It is always switching its prices, increasing every month higher and higher. I will no longer shop here even if I must go to another town.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Although I am not the principal shopper in the family, I am called upon to do it from time to time. Shoprite is easy to shop with a traditional store layout. Everything from the mundane to the exotic is readily available. Special dietary needs are accommodated with a good array of vegan, gluten and dairy-free products.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The only problem I have with Shoprite is the quality of the meat. I've noticed quality differs from owner to owner. ie: Newton has excellent meat, Perth Amboy very good meat but I will not buy meat at the Edison or Woodbridge stores, 3 different owners.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Shoprite is my husband's go-to place to shop - he worked there before retirement and knows where everything is - we buy most of our meat and seafood online (as I prefer organic food primarily) - but James buys our beer and produce there as he knows everyone who works there. However, they pull items from their shelves when consumers prefer other brands than Shoprite's and that limits what we purchase there.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

ShopRite has great produce, meat, dairy, pharmacy and general merchandise. They have excellent personnel. I'm very pleased with every aspect of this immaculate store.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The managers of this store walk around like overinflated parade balloons doing nothing and stopping staff from helping customers to do things they could do if they weren't so lazy.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ever since the new store opened first thing I noticed was the smell of the food & I adore your salad selections. I eat so much salad & my favorite thing is your fresh baked rolls. They go with my salad & my bottle of water. Also, you can tell that all your meat is so fresh. I was amazed to see everything clean & associates are everywhere throughout store & if I can't reach, there's always someone ready to help me. There has been no shopping center like yours. Congratulations & I will be seeing you soon.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I love the fact that Shoprite has everything in the store. There is even an organic foods section. There are other pluses that other stores don't have such as a salad bar, grill, pizzeria. And many of them have a coffee shop that is built into the store such as Dunkin Donuts... Very convenient!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Shoprite in Manchester NJ needs to have more available cash registers. There is ALWAYS a long wait to check out. But the food is always fresh and the managers are friendly.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Seniors Unite. So you spend what little money you have with Shoprite all year and when it comes time for Thanksgiving or Christmas, they insult seniors by charging the absolute highest price on turkeys anywhere so they can reward the larger families by giving away a Free Turkey if they spend $400 in less than a month. Most seniors can't spend that much so basically they take our money all year and then when the holidays come they say to hell with you. On the other hand Stop & Shop is charging only 39 cents a pound for turkey so they are accommodating seniors. We all should boycott Shoprite and spend our money with Stop & Shop because I have been in contact with the corporate office at Shoprite and basically, they just don't care. The only thing they will listen to is our buying power as a group.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

When I shop here I always have the overall sensation that it's dirty. I don't think the employees are well supervised (especially the cashiers). Once I bought ground beef and it had blue styrofoam ground up with it due to lack of supervision. Once the entire store smelled of urine. I hate shopping here.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Shoprite is a very large store and has great product selections. Produce, meat, seafood and deli counters are spacious with fresh quality product. The staff is amazing when assistance is required. Plenty of parking and opens early, closing late.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Shoprite always has fresh meats and the best variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Their shelves are always well stocked especially the sale items that are in the weekly circular. Thank You for being in our neighborhood.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's a good store with good sales. Very good giving rain checks. Some of the stuff is pricey. If I can I wait for it to go on sale. The store is clean and the checkout people are very nice.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My local Shoprite is very clean and is easy to find what I need although it takes a little longer for them to stock newly introduced products. I love the coupons in the local Shoprite's weekly circular.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Shoprite in Aberdeen, NJ is so clean, the prices are great. Love this store. The workers are always willing to help. Everything is fresh and wonderful.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Great quality of all available items. Lower prices. Helpful employees. Great advertised sales and incentives. Cleanliness is awesome. Very pleased with parking as well for handicapped persons.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Weekly specials, digital coupons, and overall low prices help make grocery shopping affordable. Sale items are in stock and available. Quality of produce, meats, and dairy are good with good quality.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I prefer to shop at Shoprite because the food that I purchase is always fresh. I had two recent experiences where I was on my way home and I needed to pick up a few items and I stopped at the closest market to pick up some chicken. First was the store was Key Food. As soon as I got home and opened the package of chicken I could tell something was wrong. That went in the garbage. Couple weeks later I went to Food Town. I cooked the chicken I purchased and after the third bite threw up everything. Shoprite the food is fresh. Generally the employees are helpful and if they are out of a sale item they gladly issue rain checks. To top it off the items are competitively priced.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Shoprite of Rochelle Park, NJ has very good prices, and large staff that is always around to answer questions. Rarely is it necessary to go to the courtesy desk to find an answer.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Best selection and prices. When I need to restock my pantry I will go here and fill two shopping carts for about $100. And I am supplied for at least a month. This includes food items plus paper, cleaning, and general household items.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Zallie's Shoprite in West Deptford, NJ has a great bakery, great specials, and very good check-out time. The single draw back is the poorly laid-out parking lot, and people parking illegally in handicap spaces.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I went to the customer care to get Shoprite rewards card and they took all my info and told me the card will be mailed to me while usually they just hand it out. I never got the card. Then today I again went to customer care and treated the same way. I asked the person to just give me a new card, and he refused to do so. Not sure what is wrong, they are refusing to give me a reward card and finding out excuses. Absolutely ridiculous... refusal to give out a reward card... I go to Shoprite at Glen Mills, PA.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Whenever I go to Shop Rite the store is always clean and organized. If I have questions the sales clerks are extremely helpful. At checkout the cashiers are more than friendly and take great care of my purchases meaning they are not just thrown around. I find the cashiers to always be friendly & polite as with all the employees.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Store is not as clean as it should be. Lines in the deli are always too long. Not enough help to serve customers. The ready to eat foods from the bistro used to be much better. Price went up and quality went down. The lines for the checkout are always too long. Not enough help. You shouldn't have to wait in line longer than it takes you to shop.

Shoprite Company Information

www.shoprite.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use