Shoprite

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is a go-to store. Huge customer volume - usually has 8 or more checkouts in use. Due to high turnover, produce is fresh; organic selection is considerable. A real fresh fish department exists not just a pre-packaged version.

My Burlington Township, NJ ShopRite is very clean, has a large parking lot and being on a bus stop is convenient. There is a liquor store, prepared food and a small dining area to sit down and eat. Just about 99% of the employees are friendly and efficient. I definitely would rate it a 99.9% for other customers to shop there.

Customer service is good and salespeople friendly and helpful. The produce and meat dept. have excellent customer service areas. The produce dept. needs to have more variety however. The managers are always pleasant.

In my neighborhood, Shoprite is the go to grocery store due to the freshness of produce, dairy and meats. No other grocery is close in comparison. There is a Whole Foods, a Stop & Shop, and a Trader Joe's within a ten mile radius and none compare.

The store is newer located in Howell, New Jersey. They have a wonderful Patisserie and bountiful selection in each department. The staff is friendly polite and helpful. I really DON'T LIKE the new floor plan as PAPER PRODUCTS are "off the beaten path". THEIR MEATS ARE ENTIRELY TOO EXPENSIVE in comparison to other local supermarkets and their quality of meats not as good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

ShopRite is a great store to shop. The store is very clean and tidy. The workers are nice and when you go every week you get to know some of them by name. I think they have great sales on select items. Overall it is a great place.

ShopRite in EHT, NJ provides a wide array of products. As a rule the staff is polite. Parking is a problem. If the store provided baggers and assistance in with transporting packages it would improve the experience.

I've been a Shoprite customer [S Philadelphia-Snyder to Oregon Ave.] for some years now because I like the fact that it's cooperative. I live in the city & a bicycle is my main transportation. My Shoprite was farther than I would have liked considering I buy a lot when I go & I'm a senior, making it a bit more difficult to haul everything back home, but I've done it anyway for years.

One week I rode my bike to Shoprite only to find that it had moved even further than it was already! [Must have been very poor signage since the move was a complete surprise to me.] I was conflicted about whether I wanted to travel farther than before just to stick with Shoprite; there are after all about a half-dozen other stores within blocks of where I live & and I pass another half-dozen or so to get to Shoprite. I decided to try & see how it goes.

I called the Meat Dept. & spoke to Mike, the manager, a couple of weeks before Christmas. My children were coming from California & I wanted a FRESH turkey instead of the usual frozen. The order was taken, pick-up date arranged & all was ready. Thursday. Dec. 22, I went to get my fresh turkey. Mike wasn't working so another person from meat went to storage and brought me the "fresh," HALF-FROZEN turkey! When I gently reminded him that once turkey that has been frozen & thawed IT'S NO LONGER FRESH, he said that it wasn't their fault but the fault of the supplier.

Okay, I come from a grocery family; I get that mistakes happen & suppliers cannot always be counted on. However, that is between the store & the supplier... customer is NOT in this equation. Mike, who is the face of Shoprite to the customer, had my phone number to call me & inform me that the turkey was no longer fresh. He chose not to do that. In my case, that few minutes would have saved me a whole lot of trouble. Since my bike was broken, I had to wait about 45 minutes for 2 buses to get there & walked the 3 miles home because there's no place to carry a full carry-cart on the bus. So, my decision about whether I should go to the trouble to get to Shoprite to shop has now been made. Thanks for helping me out.

I have been shopping at Shoprite in Glen Burnie since opening of the store, but lately I have had quite a few problems with the arrogance of employees. Last week I was in the Glen Burnie store looking for graham cracker crumbs. I was sent to 3 different aisles by employees of the store before any of them realized that Shoprite does not stock graham cracker crumbs. On another occasion there was a sale on Betty Crocker, cake mix for $1.00 (one dollar) and also Shoprite brand jellied cranberry sauce regular price $0.95 but was on sale for $0.79. When I was checking out the products were coming up at the regular price.

Today I was in the same Shoprite looking for maraschino cherries. I ask an employee who was stacking shelves. He sent back to the aisle I had been in. I went back to him asking him to find the maraschino cherries. He went into the same aisle but to no avail. I became very frustrated and ask for the manager. When I spoke to the manager who had a rude and arrogant attitude, he mentioned that there were a lot of new employees who did not know where certain items were. I also mentioned to him the problem I had the previous week. In a rude manner he ask what could he help me with. In the meantime I walked away and heard him make a comment about me. When new employees are hired they should be trained to know where items are located in the store, whereas the employees and customers should not have to spend so much time going from aisle to aisle to find products.

Excellent quality products. I love the fact that they carry the big stores quantity products just like Bj's and Sam's. Thank you ShopRite for always having the best sales each week in your circular ad.

I've been shopping with ShopRite for many years. I normally get everything done in one shot. Their store brands are great and some are even better than brand names. They have great weekly ads, which I get a flyer for every week. I also have my ShopRite card I use at check out.

I went to a Shoprite store at the Sanlam Randburg square this morning to try and buy groceries. When I went out of store I was called by the rudest security guard on planet earth. She was harassing me with the way she asked to search my laptop bag. When I asked for the manager she responded by saying that I can go ahead and talk to the manager as she doesn't care. When I got to the manager I was told that I was out of line and I can do whatever I feel I needed to do, as they do not care and the manager refused to give out her full names and shop details as per FAIS declaration.

Not only that when I left the store without my complaint handled or solved I was sworn at by the same security guard in front of her manager. "** off. You think taking pictures here will scare us" as the staff was laughing at me like I am dog... Please kindly assist as I need to escalate this matter to the ombudsman. In another separate incidents I was misled into buying a product that did not match the branch they had pasted on the shelf. The third incident was when I went into the store to do a cash back and I was told the store does not have money and when I asked for the manager the very same rude manager would lacks basic customer services skills ignored me and yet again I was made a mockery of the public.

In most cases they are very consumer friendly. However, they seem to treat their employees very badly. Most of them feel mistreated and devalued. As a result they disregard the customers. Most of them are unhappy. They should check into having employee satisfaction to improve the environment. Customers can be cruel and indifferent but their employers should not be. As a shopper they still offer better value but is seems to be becoming a hostile environment.

I have been coming to ShopRite in Somers Point for 7 years now and I come twice sometimes three times a week to get a sub made. Now this new employee Margo who makes subs yelled at me and was just ignorant. I ordered a turkey sub. Asked for extra mayo, thousand island dressing, oil, Vinegar, onions and whenever I come in there and ask for extra on my sub she's like "I can't give you that much. That's enough I can do. I'm not putting more on there." Then when my husband comes in and orders a wrap a California wrap she doesn't allow him to put peppers on it, honey dressing, extra mayo, oil and vinegar. It's ridiculous because I'm a customer.

It says you can make it the way you want. Why every time I come in there I have to settle for less because she don't want to take our orders. We are not the only ones either. I've heard employees say they get a lot of complaints about this woman and how she takes everyone's order. Now if they get a lot of complaints why is she not fired or suspended!? I shouldn't have to come in there and feel like I can't order something. Whenever they had the other girls make the subs they knew how I liked it they did it with no problem. They said hello, smiled and not give me a attitude with starting off "what do you want!" Something needs to be done with this woman now.

This rudeness has happened four times. I figured I would give her chance after chance but I see she don't get it to be nice and give great customer service to her customers so I have no choice but to complain and if nothing's done I'm going to corporate!!!! I know what it means to give great customer service. I run a Dunkin Donuts so I know what I'm talking about and she needs to be trained correct! I feel like I need to just go to Acme instead just so I can be treated with respect and friendly.

I placed my order for delivery on the 6th of December and my issues still haven't been resolved. I have called and email, but no response. Was promised a call back from the store two days ago but nothing as of yet. My order was an hour late, I was over charged and had missing items, which I was charged for. I was very unhappy with the items, that I did get because the shopper didn't follow the special instructions for items not eaten in my house. Mind you these aren't gluten free, vegan or any other time consuming list: just no low fat, lite, or reduced anything, even that was too complicated.

I called the help phone number and was even given an excuse by the voicemail, as to why, there is nobody there to help me after I've spent my money. Apparently, they are all being retrained, and their customers just aren't important enough for them to have someone available to help them. I don't recommend this service. I could have gotten everything I wanted and made sure I wasn't over charged 3 days ago, instead of still wasting time every day trying to get Shoprite to fix their error.

Wakefern (ShopRite) is systematically stealing from its hard working independent vendors every day. It's done through frivolous "fines" on invoices which have minor errors (usually a UPC code). These fines in most cases are MORE than what is earned on the invoice itself! In our company alone thousands of dollars per week are stolen. There are no grace mistakes and hundreds of invoices are generated weekly. It would be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to never make a mistake which makes this an easy cash grab for this greedy corporation. Eventually there will be lawsuits and the money will be returned, but in the meantime it is a financial hardship on the very people who help keep this company earning millions of dollars by providing great service and products.

I am a frequent customer at Shoprite in the Belleville town of New Jersey. Over 16 years with Shoprite From Nutley but we moved to Belleville. I had earned my 400 points to get my free turkey, weeks ahead. When I went to pick it up on Wednesday 23 Nov, 2016 in the morning. I was told by the manager and the store manager that I can't get the frozen kosher turkey -The offer was for the regular frozen turkey that's what they told me - That was a lie. We used to get the kosher turkey every year from Shoprite, and if the turkey exceeded the 9 pounds we would pay some extra. Both the lady manager and the store manager lied to me telling me that it was not the case.

And when I told them about the previous years, the store manager looked at the flyer and said "We don't have the kosher one anymore." I asked him to check for me in the Nutley store so that I can go there. He lied to me again telling me that they run out of them over there too. He said he knows because he spoke with the manager of Nutley and he told him. One very honest girl in the customer service counter said: "they should have them in Nutley. I will call and check for you." At that point the store manager walked away and vanished. After calling she told me they had them. In nutley I got my turkey without any problems, with a smile and thank you on top.

What I want to say is that we spend half our paycheck in Shoprite of Belleville. We were loyal to a dishonest management that did not value us. The workers there are good people, but too bad the managers are greedy and liars. We are taking our money and loyalty back to the Nutley store, and I am telling my friends and my community.

In the sales flyer beginning Nov 6, Inserra Supermarkets listed sheet sets on sale for $9.99 (which is a great price). I am a loyal Shoprite shopper and have been very pleased with the brand. However, I was very disappointed this week. I went to three different Inserra Shoprite stores looking for this item. I went early Sunday morning to ensure my being able to purchase the sheets. At each store I was told they never received the item, not that they ran out, but they never received them. THIS IS FROM THREE (3) DIFFERENT STORES. Very disappointed in the Shoprite brand. This is akin to false advertising and trickery. I never thought that Shoprite would have to stoop to such trickery to get customers in the store. Very DISAPPOINTED!

I purchased ShopRite brand steam in the bag vegetables labeled Broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, and water chestnuts. When I microwave my vegetables and then opened the bag, what I found was a bag full of water chestnuts and maybe 2 tablespoons of carrots and broccoli combination. I extremely disappointed that I could not provide a wholesome meal for my husband who was just informed he was pre-diabetic.

I bought groceries online on August 12, 2016. Within this past week I've thrown away 2 packages of rotting strawberries, a rotting pineapple, rotting tomatoes and just tonight a gallon of milk!! I poured a glass of milk thinking once again this doesn't taste right. Looking at the date of the milk it's August 12!! THE SAME DAY I BOUGHT IT!! I'm so mad right now, but see your store is closed, or I'd bring this LAST STRAW to that store and make your manager drink a glass of this sour milk!! I've thrown out $16 in groceries this past week!! I can't believe in the poor customer service given to online shoppers!

I PAID YOU $10 TO SHOP FOR ME and you picked out all the fruits that were ready to spoil and the outdated milk??? Now after paying YOU to shop I've wasted $26 of my hard earned money! I'm fuming right now! I definitely won't be doing business at this store again, and telling EVERYONE & ANYONE who will listen about my experience with your services of online shopping. I think I'll send this to corporate offices also. I get the feeling nothing will be done to make it up to me for my losses from this store.

While on Line #7 waiting for the cashier to finish checking my order out last Friday morning August 13, 2016, I seen a front-end cashier be harassed by another employee of ShopRite firsthand. I have to say it was uncalled for and very unprofessional. How did this person become a supervisor? Her name was Christine with red hair, heavy-set. Not sure of her last name. She was screaming and yelling at a cashier named Katie who was on Register #6 to take her break. The cashier on #6 finished up with her customer and as she was closing down noticed the items on the end of the register building up and starting to fall to the floor. She came and assisted with packing up the order, and assisted in making sure my items were handled properly.

This supervisor CHRISTINE SHOULD NOT BE supervising anyone the way she did and I for one will not be returning to ShopRite until this Christine is removed. She should NEVER be allowed to be around the public in any manner. It should be stressed ShopRite should always make sure the customers are taken care of which this cashier did and I commend her on her caring enough of my items didn't fall or hit the floor.

I have noticed in the past year that Shoprite, who previously had good prices on groceries, has changed, quite drastically in their pricing, by cunningly and cleverly raising their prices in a different way. Their new common pricing is 2x for whatever the products are i.e. 2 for $ 5.00, which enables them to discount less on sale prices to unsuspecting consumers, by as much as 20% as what it was previously when you had a single item on sale, and not 2 for's... They are now following the pricing strategies of many of the more outrageously priced supermarkets in the Northeast, including Delaware. Beware folks. You are being conned by a once terrific supermarket.

Today was the very last time we will ever shop at ShopRite. We were told the chicken was supposed to be out in 10 minutes and we waited 57 minutes! I just got off the phone with Nick, a customer service representative, from your phone number 1-800-746-7748 and told him the very same thing. The Selden store is always out of things that they are supposed to have on sale even if it's the very first day of the sale! The clerks always says the very same thing, "We can give you a rain check," like we nothing else to do but come back to buy things that should have been on the shelf.

We will shop elsewhere and enjoy every minute of it. Let me just say this, I will be posting my comment on my union board so my fellow brothers and sisters will know how we were treated at a union store. The Gallagher family really needs to do some work in a store that should go out of business instead of being in it. Aldi in Selden is opening soon, good for anybody who has ever shopped at ShopRite. ShopRite has not even called me back.

I live in the neighborhood of the East Windsor, NJ Shoprite and have been a customer since they opened. This store has pretty much always been 'satisfactory'. In the past 6 months give or take, more often than not there has been an item or two misrepresented. The competition between 80% and 85% ground beef is ridiculous for anyone who knows their beef. Having been cooking for the past 35-40 years I am quite familiar with the differences in appearance of ground beef from 80% through 95%. If you put the three side by side you too will see the difference. Well, here there is absolutely no difference from 80% to 85% so go ahead and pay less (which has still gone up significantly) because they are packaging them as different, but they are the same (and to give benefit of a doubt, in a kitchen test, sure they might pass as 80 and 82%, but I doubt it).

Two weeks ago I purchased Mahi Mahi. I am not a fish expert, but I often eat Mahi Mahi in the Caribbean. So, I bought a piece. It was not Mahi Mahi. Here I blame the lack of education in the fish department. I guess I have to believe it is a lack of knowledge because today, just 30 minutes ago the fish counter had 'large' shrimp displayed with the pricing tag for colossal shrimp. I was livid. I mean, just fed up. Has this become "How can we fool the public and rip them off Shoprite?" Knowing one of the fish guys behind the counter, I told him that those were not colossal shrimp and shouldn't be priced that way.

The scallops looked horrible. My fantasy of shrimp and scallops for dinner destroyed. I am so done with you Shoprite. I will drive further to your neighbor Stop & Shop in Monroe. Their fish department is wonderful and definitely better priced. After being a loyal customer, you will not see me here anymore. You are not just ripping me off. You are ripping off my neighborhood.

Until a few months ago, many items were offered at sale prices or with digital coupons. This is no longer the case. Commonly used products are rarely on sale, instead items that are not appealing may be offered with digital coupons and are touted as a giant giveaway, making Shoprite no better than other supermarkets. Shoppers will soon wise-up and the stores will lose their following.

While fairly new to shopping I trusted their app. I have realized though that when I choose weekly ad, it chooses the ad for the next week. I have been getting ripped off because I would assume the day I go shopping would be the week of the circular the app chose. Shoprite knows of this issue and has done nothing about it. Thieves. As for the ratings below, I challenge anyone to go into stores I shop in and not see crap picked through and many times rotten veg and many items without prices. Although I have only been shopping for less than a year, I have yet to fully complete a shopping list.

What I love about Shop from Home at Middletown, NJ Shoprite... Designated parking spots close to the door, your own entrance, groceries are bagged and organized beautifully, they put it in the shopping cart for you, friendly and wonderful customer care, quick and easy from the app to belly. I was a disbeliever when I first heard about this option of shopping... now I'm preaching it! Save time! Do it!

Primo water is one of Shoprite vendors. As a loyal customer of Shoprite, I didn't realize that the Primo water is charge 5 gallons water bottle until I tried to return the empty bottle. I used to purchase 5-gallon water in different stores such as Stop Shop, Walmart, Home Depot. Those stores always give customers deposit back after customers return empty bottles. However, the Shoprite contracts with Primo water does not provide this policy until customers found out theirselves. It is not a big money, but it does mislead customers to purchase their water. Can you imagine if every customer had to pay the bottle when they buy 5 gallons water? How much money the Primo water made just for sell the bottle?

That is ridiculous that customers have to keep the big bottle if they don't need. I have asked the manager who works at Hightstown NJ. His name is Mario, he said, "When you buy the 5-gallon water then you have to buy the bottle, there is no deposit back for the empty bottle, you own the bottle." Then I called the customer care of Shoprite. I was suggested, "You can drop the bottle at recycling center." Why I paid $6.99 for the empty bottle and drop at recycling center. Do you understand my point? That is not right to force customers to buy the bottle. I did not see any policy.

I was in the new Shoprite and you have a cheese case filled with cut cheese but most of the cheese has no nutritional or calories labels on the item. I believe this is against consumer law. I have filed a complaint with the NYC consumer affairs. I like to know what my family and I are eating.

Ask for Black Bear turkey breast and received Shoprite brand and was charged Black Bear price.

Shoprite Company Profile