3.41/5

Shoprite

Have a problem? The ShopRite Customer Care team is available at 1-800 SHOPRITE 8a-6p Monday through Friday and 9a-5p Saturday and Sunday.

ShopRite is the registered trademark of Wakefern Food Corp., a retailer-owned cooperative, based in Keasbey, N.J. and the largest supermarket cooperative in the United States. With nearly 250 ShopRite supermarkets located throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware and Maryland, ShopRite serves more than five million customers each week.

A long-time supporter of key community efforts, ShopRite is dedicated to fighting hunger in the communities it serves. Through its ShopRite Partners In Caring program, ShopRite has donated $29 million to 1,700 worthy charities and food banks since the program began in 1999. As a title sponsor of the LPGA’s ShopRite Classic, ShopRite has raised more than $24 million for local schools, hospitals and community groups.

For more information, please visit www.ShopRite.com.

View More View More

262 Shoprite Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Flyer advertising prime rib and they never sell prime. Only choice, BIG difference. All meat personnel just laughed and said I was right about wrong advertisement.

They should be advertising choice rib roast.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The Wallingford CT. branch don't except printed coupons!! I TRIED TO USE A COUPON FOR ** I download from the ** website. I was told by a supervisor that Shoprite don't accept coupons printed off websites. I told her I had used printed coupons many times before, she said it was a new policy. Is this correct?

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

ShopRite West Babylon. 3/27/19 6:49 p.m. receipt. I went to ShopRite of West Babylon on the evening of March 27, 2019, a place where I often shopped, to pick up a few things. I went to the egg department to get eggs. I opened up a carton, checked the eggs by sight, saw 1 egg I didn’t like the looks off and so I switched it with another egg from another carton. I then moved away from the eggs to look at the orange juice section, where there was a male employee unpacking items near there. He asked me what was wrong with the egg. (His tone from the beginning, was NOT friendly, in my opinion.) I didn’t realize he was watching me get eggs, but I was not trying to hide anything; this is how I’ve always checked my eggs.

My response was “I didn’t like the way it looked!” As I started walking away, he said to me next time don’t switch them, just take another carton! (Again, I didn’t like his tone.) I asked him what the difference was and his response was that people don’t like other people touching their eggs (shells). Once he explained it to me, even though I felt he was unnecessarily reprimanding me over replacing 1 egg, I understood his point, I am an adult, so my response was simply “OK”.

After CLEARLY saying “OK”, I walked away to head towards the registers. (The registers, naturally, are all the way in front of the store and the eggs are all the way towards the back of the store, in the last aisle.) I’m at the register, pay for my food and then start heading towards the door. I noticed that there are TWO guys FOLLOWING ME, after I left the register, to go towards the exit and was in disbelief when I realized that one of them is the guy that was just talking to me about the egg in the last aisle and as I continue walking towards the door, the second guy he was with, who was following me too said “Excuse me”, to STOP ME from walking out the door!!!!

So not only did the boy in the dairy department follow me all the way from the eggs area to the registers, BUT ON TOP OF THAT, he told another employee, who ALSO CHOSE TO MAKE THE DECISION to follow me towards the door, so TOGETHER they BOTH were following me after I left the register towards the door, which at this point, is absolutely ridiculous, unnecessary harassment of a customer. I asked the second guy a rhetorical question, WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO SAY?!?! I told him that I already told the employee OK! At that point, it was so ridiculous, I asked to speak to a manager! I was not even apologized to (yes, I was upset, for good reason! ), was just told that the employee made a “mistake”, was told that he didn’t realize that’s what customers do (check eggs).

I was then told by the manager to just pay for my food and I let him know that I already paid! (I paid at a register, but went to customer service to wait for the manager.) I don’t think it was clear to the manager that I was already walking towards the exit after paying and leaving the register, where the two employees chose to follow me, to talk to me AGAIN, over an egg!

I need to make it very CLEAR, this was NOT just a “mistake” by an employee. This was a very unnecessary, ridiculous harassment of a customer, where not just one employee chose to stop me from heading towards the door, after I already paid, but this was now two employees, where the second employee was told that I switched an egg and they both decided it was necessary (really crazy!) to follow me all the way up to the registers from the egg department, after paying and stop me from walking out the door in order to confront me (again!) about an egg!

They were 1000% following (stopping) me from heading out the door, ONLY because of the egg; when the manager asked the second employee about being called up to customer service, the SECOND male proceeded to tell him that I switched an egg. This was the reason not one “mistaken” employee, but two(!!) shoprite employees chose to follow me all the way to the front of the store from the egg department, after I already said OK, after he told me (in a not nice tone) not to do it again, after I already paid for my food, to stop me from leaving the store in order to confront me again!

This is the way a customer who does not pay for food, should be followed and stopped from leaving the store, not a customer who touched an egg! I was in disbelief and shock when I realized that they were following me towards the exit from the registers! These employees went too far, especially that my last response to the first employee was “ok” and then I walked away! This was not a “mistake” of one employee, this was bullying of a customer, by two employees and I hope my writing about this absolutely ridiculous situation never happens to another Shoprite customer by their employees, ever again!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I went into Shoprite to purchase a rotisserie chicken. While I was there I noticed the manager's specials and found vegetables to go with the chicken. They had two left, these containers of seasoned vegetables. I thought "Great! I have dinner now." Oh boy, do I regret purchasing these vegetables! I brought them home and ate them with my chicken. I had also bought other prepared chicken in which tasted somewhat normal, but salty. However, the "seasoned vegetables," were so salty that I could barely eat them. I did eat enough of them, and afterwards I thought to myself, they didn't even taste like they were salted with iodized sodium. That would be way too much salt for what I tasted, and that would be gross tasting.

The next morning I gave them another try. I washed a small portion with what I had left, with boiling hot water. I cooked them in an omelette and melted cheese on it. After eating it, I thought it would be fine because I didn't taste what I had tasted before, since I washed the vegetables. Not long after, I began to feel extreme tiredness and what felt like elevated blood pressure and warmness to my face. I then realized that this was something different. I believe that what I had been eating tasted more like Monosodium Glutamate also known as MSG and then I thought to myself, well that's not good! I never would have thought in a grocery story store that they would be selling food like this.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Shoprite has recently changed! They offer lots of free items and inexpensive coupon items that boldly and with large letters indicate the low prices and the free items. What they HIDE in very small print is that all those offers are subject to a great deal of other purchases in the store. This is a change. Shoprite was much more transparent in the past few years. It looks like they are trying to make the unsuspecting customers pay for the recent renovations to the store.

The customers in Setauket are primarily elderly and cannot read the small prints. Others are very young students at Stony Brook University who pay little attention to the coupons and the small print demands. They ALL end up paying more to Shoprite than they need to. This particular Shoprite is notorious in overpricing even compared to their own store on Nesconset Highway, a few miles away. They need to move in the direction of honesty and transparency. I hope that the Consumer Affairs will bother to investigate them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoprite?

Original review: April 4, 2019

I questioned the sale mark "Local sale 2 dollars off" to a store staff discount on who told me I will get 2 dollars off at check out. After check out, I noticed I didn't get discount on these items. I went to customer service and had to show the staff where were the sale signs, and the answer was I got the wrong information from the Shoprite employee. I requested to talk to the manager since I felt this is not fair for a customer to spend 20 minutes to look for some products based on the wrong sale information received from their employee. I was so disappointed that the manager was not nice, simply just said sorry, we will do more teaching to our staff then turned away. How about the customer? I spent more than 30 minutes here for nothing? Just a sorry? Don't you need to make adjustment for the wrong sale sign and the incorrect information from your staff to me? What a bad experience I had at Shoprite in Somerville, NJ today!

Original review: March 22, 2019

I went to the Hillsborough NJ Shoprite only to be followed, targeted, and yelled out over 2 coupons I gave the cashier. The front end girl literally followed me to the line, the cashier then must have hit the button to call or or she came over to watch my transaction. The cashier asked if I had any coupons I said yes, I gave her 2, she is looking and looking at them like they are in a different language.

The nasty front end girl told me I can only use 1 coupon, I said why? It says I can use 2 of the same coupons per day. She begun to tell me that I was doing coupon fraud and that my coupons were fake!!! I showed her other coupons that even say limit 4 of the same coupon per day but she still was calling me a fraud. I said to her can I split up the order? She said no. Who the heck does she think she is telling me I can’t use 2, 1 dollar coupons? you are going to fight with a customer over a dollar difference? Meanwhile she was overriding other customers coupons but giving me a hard time over the 2 coupons I gave her. I felt I was mistaken for another customer maybe? I shouldn’t have to feel this way when I shop at the Shoprite in Hillsborough.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Called customer service to inquire what the upper case letter B and F mean next to all the item prices on my receipt... I purchased some items for work and some for home and was trying to determine which items were taxed in order to be correctly reimbursed. There no longer is a Tax denotation next to each item only a Tax dollar$ total at the end of receipt. After 20 minutes on hold I called customer service from my other phone and was told "I can't get the information you need" because "We have customers standing in line!" I replied "I am a customer too!" She didn't get it.

Customer service training would have at least picked up the phone to take my number to call me back or apologize for the wait would I mind continuing to hold. And what is customer service dept doing NOT providing assistance and ringing up customers instead? They have cashiers! What's the point of a customer service desk? Granted I called at a busy time but MY job required I get the information. Oh Shoprite of Lawrenceville NJ... This could have so gone another way...

Original review: March 11, 2019

The app never ever works. I completed a $600 order only to get where I select pick up time and I get an “oh snap something went wrong” message and my entire cart was gone ~ this happened TWICE!!! Today I go pick up my online order ($500) and I had a promo code which never got emailed to me, only to be told they can’t enter it from their end (which has been done before) and I would have had to do it when I put my order in!!! WTF!!! Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 2, 2019

On February 28th at about 7 pm. My boyfriend and I stopped in for a gift card for his grandmother and a couple other things. He asked the girl at the customer service desk if we could pay there since she was doing nothing anyways and we wanted some lottery tickets and the lines were crazy per usual, her reply was “I guess.”

Then she started slamming our stuff down on the counter and continued to be rude. I asked her if I could put a store card in and she said it was too late so I got no sales on what I bought. She then threw a brown paper bag on the counter and we weren’t sure what it was so I asked what’s that and she replied “it’s your ** gift card.” We ended up not getting any lottery tickets. We just wanted to get out of there. I have been a manager at a grocery store for years and would never speak to anyone the way she spoke to us. I have never been treated so terribly or cursed at by someone I was buying something from. She should not be working in customer service. I will be calling corporate as well. Never shopping there again. Also spreading the word around to everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Website never works right and digital coupons never download. Shoprite's website is a joke. It is slow, it freezes, can't download coupons. The last time I couldn't even get through their online circular, let alone make a list. I doubt if I'll be able to place an online delivery order for my 93 year old mother next week. I have had so many problems. I am now going to have to travel for 2 hours and shop for her in person. It is bad enough they are cheating me out of my coupons but now I have to worry about my mother not having what she needs as well. Good job Shoprite. For me, I am shopping elsewhere for my groceries, I am sick and tired of their website. It gets worse and worse.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I went to buy cupcakes for Valentine's Day for the family. I reached in and picked up a package of 12 that said "Club Size Savings - no membership fee required to get these extra savings on family sized packages". They were priced at $7.49 per dozen. After looking further in the case I saw packages of the same cupcakes packaged 6 per package also decorated for Valentine's Day. These were priced at $2.99 per package so I purchased 2 packages of 6 cupcakes for $5.98 and saved $1.51 on the purchase.

I pointed out to the bakery supervisor of the apparent error of charging more for a larger package that is marked big on the outside "CLUB SIZE SAVINGS" when in fact they were using it as a tool to dupe the consumer. Her response was that they knew it cost more. That is their practice and it is corporate policy. It is a disgrace that a company such as Wakefern dba ShopRite engages in such a practice. Be wary of ShopRite Club Size Savings.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Waited in line for 30 minutes for two cashiers to ring up an EBT order. They did not know how to do it. They kept running to ask the manager questions. Finally after 30 minutes the manager Tommy comes over. He tries a few time to swipe the card. I say, "I might as well go to a different cashier if no one can get this to work." Manager rolls his eyes at me then tells me to, "Go do what you want." His attitude was terrible. I told him that's he should have an attitude with me. I'm the one waiting here and he should have waited a half an hour to come and help the cashiers. Then he mouths off... I tell him he shouldn't be in customer service - that he was young and stupid and didn't even know how to do his job. He then calls me old and rude. Poor guy with EBT. Had his food taken out of the bags and thrown down telling him it wasn't EBT approved. I felt bad for the guy. Manager was a huge jerk. Everyone needs more training in that store. It's a real joke!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I'm a caretaker for a disabled person and among other things I also do his groceries. On 1/10/2019 I went to pick up his medications from Shoprite Pennington pharmacy and needed to pick milk for him as well. This was the first time I was using a EBT card and asked the cashier that I don’t know how to use it and if she could help me. I explained her the situation and she asked me for EBT cardholder's ID which I provided to her. She then told me that she needs to confirm with her manager, Marcia who further told me that I cannot purchase anything for anybody else. I explained her the situation and told her that I have been picking up the patient's meds from last 5 months at their pharmacy and the pharmacist/staff is also aware of his situation. I also showed her the meds that I had just picked up from their pharmacy but, she said that she cannot let me purchase the milk.

After pressing her she finally asked me to step aside and go to the customer service and don't know what she told the bookkeeper who came out and without hearing me said that I cannot purchase anything from their store and told me to bring the patient's medical record or Power of Attorney or something and she might consider it. When she saw that I got mad about her asking me for medical records she decided to call the store manager. I presented the patient's Driver’s License, Credit card and explained him the situation that due to a Traumatic Brain Injury he is paralyzed and cannot do his own shopping or be transported without an ambulance hence, I needed to purchase the milk for him and in the future will be doing his groceries.

I also gave him my IDs and told him that they can make copies of my license. I was told to come back the next day and talk to another bookkeeper "Mike" who will further assist me in this matter. I had no idea that Shoprite would ask for people's “medical records” in order for caretakers to be able to purchase patients' groceries especially when their pharmacy has a 5-month record of his condition. As far as I know it's illegal to ask for somebody's "medical records"! I'm disturbed by the behavior of the employees and at one point was told by the bookkeeper to stay out of her and the manager's conversation. Her actual words were "that she wasn’t talking to me" while I tried to correct her during her conversation with him. I’m appalled by their prejudice behavior that I witnessed at Pennington Shoprite. I didn't know that to purchase ONE item and that too milk and not drugs, Shoprite needed to see medical records!?!?!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Absolutely horrible and I'll never return. The store sale as printed incorrectly. The ad said if you buy two Pizzas you get a pizza stone free. But when you get to the register the pizzas were free and stone cost the price. I paid with food stamps. So I had to pay cash for my order when I wouldn't have had to. This led to a huge ordeal and I was really told and I quote "You're going to have to wait longer" after I pointed out the third time that the ad was wrong. Not to mention the staff from cashier to managers are incredibly rude, usually texting and distracted, show zero concerned for customers. If it wasn't the only grocery store in the area, it would not still be there.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

So I was shopping at the Shoprite of West Long Branch NJ ON THURSDAY EVENING. My cashier Krystan was extremely helpful friendly and outgoing and very patient as I had a large order and didn’t realize that he was an Express lane. I spent almost $400 that trip and have to say I WILL NOT EVER RETURN TO SHOPRITE OF WEST LONG BRANCH NEVER. The way in which the supervisor who I believe to be named Barber spoke to the cashier was degrading and demeaning. I am a locate business owner myself and I would never tolerate that behavior from one of my senior's staff members. The cashier who kept his cool and remained calm and didn’t let his “supervisor” affect his mood or attitude Should be recognize for his ability to keep calm in a high stress situations. The supervisor should be Reprimanded for her actions especially obviously being an older more experience employee she should know better.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I just used the "Home Delivery" option to purchase groceries from my local Shoprite. I am beyond impressed! After reading a few bad experiences by other customers, I was hesitant to place an online grocery order. Due to my car being repaired & empty cabinets in my kitchen, I decided It was more than necessary to at least try home delivery from my local Shoprite in West Deptford, NJ. I'm happy I did. My experience was awesome! Aside from a few website issues (my cart also emptied itself a total of 3, yes THREE times while "proceeding to checkout." Luckily I was able to select the "back" feature a few times & somehow managed all 3 times to retrieve my full cart). The only thing is an item ended up getting deleted which caused me to lose out on $6.00 in savings.

This week there was a sale to purchase mix-n-match Halloween candy by "Nestle", "Snickers," & "Hershey" at $1.99/bag. BUT you had to purchase 6 bags or they would ring up at $2.99. I selected 1-Kit-Kat, 2-MilkyWay, 1-Take5, 1-Snickers PB Squared, & 1-PayDay all fun-size. Upon delivery I noticed the package of PayDay were missing. This was not Shoprite's fault. I double checked my emailed list and the PayDays are not included, nor did they appear on my receipt. Somehow during the website glitches where the cart emptied out the 6th bag of candy that would have gotten me all bags at the sale price of $1.99/each jumped off my list. Annoying? Yea, a little. (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PayDay candy bars.) But, ultimately even $2.99/bag isn't a bad price around a candy-based holiday. (And let's be honest, those PayDays were NOT making it to Halloween!)

I definitely think Shoprite needs to do some work on the website. Though I did love being able to add products to my cart directly from their weekly circular! Other than that ALL my products, including fresh meat, chicken, & produce were picks I would have made on my own. The sell-by dates on my meat are over a week out! The lunchmeat turkey & ham have sell-by dates of tomorrow but I didn't make any notation like I did with the fresh meat. I'll make sure to specify freshly sliced deli-meat next time. The delivery driver was completing his very 1st day on the job and was the sweetest, most courteous man. He even made a point to hand me my eggs & bread directly so nothing would get squished or broken. :)

Only REAL issue? Please allow customers to add gratuity onto credit card transactions! I called Shoprite & they said you technically are not supposed to tip? Why? I did some research, and supposedly delivery drivers are not employees of Shoprite so you 'can' tip? I'm confused. My delivery driver was new, so he did not know anything about tipping procedures. I understand if the drivers make a good hourly wage, but even so, gratuity for the personal shopper & delivery driver should at least be an option. Though I can see how payment using EBT or Snap cards might make tipping difficult or even impossible.

Next time I order I will be sure to have cash on hand. I'm a bartender, not having cash left me with no way to tip my delivery driver - especially on his first day. I felt horrible. Sometimes tips make or break certain professions. All in all an awesome experience! My kitchen is fully stocked. All I did was unpack my bags... I didn't even have to carry them inside!! Coolest thing ever! Totally saved us this week! I will definitely use Shoprite Home Delivery again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Over the last 2 years I have experienced issues with this site being slow and taking a while to load. I once got to the very end only to have the cart completely zeroed out. Another time I was unable to check out, and I called the 800 number and they did it remotely for me. I have been a loyal customer, using this site every 2 weeks even though it is shoddy to say the least.

Today was the last straw. After FOUR hours of attempting to check out a full cart which took me over an hour to fill and cost over $300, I was unable to check out. I called the 800 number to ask if they could check me out remotely. I was told the website was down on their end as well, that it should be up in an hour but I would probably have to put everything in my cart again. There was no "We apologize for the inconvenience" let alone any sort of coupon code provided for the awful experience. Obviously Shoprite from Home does not value customer satisfaction or experience. It is extremely disappointing to waste an entire weekend day trying to place a grocery order. From now on I will spend the time driving 20 minutes further to shop elsewhere. Good riddance, ShopRite!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have been trying to place an online "order for Home" on the Shoprite website for the past 45 minutes. It continues to spin and say 'waiting for Shoprite'. Holy Smokes! In this day and age, to have a website that frustrates people into not buying from you is business breaking. This has also happened the 3 other times I have ordered from them. It takes longer to order online than it does to go to the store. Shoprite, PLEASE fix your website!!! Two stars b/c the employees who bring the food to the car and very nice and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have been shopping at home from Walmart for 2 years now with ease. A recent move to an area without Walmart’s shop at home forced me to start using Shoprite. They have one of the worst websites I’ve ever seen. Horrible lag, so the process of searching for items takes forever. No confirmation of my current order, and almost impossible to try and figure out how to add an item. I have no way of knowing if my order was actually submitted. The only reason I give the 2 stars is for the employees because they are wonderful, very friendly and professional. Based on my experiences with the website, I’m going to find some other way to shop, maybe Amazon Pantry.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I am very disappointed in Shoprite from Home and the Shoprite app. I just recently went to have a delivery from Shoprite from Home put together. I ordered red and green peppers. I am making soup with them. I wanted large ones they gave me small ones that Barbie could eat. They never double bag heavy item so my items fall out of the bag and roll down the street. It's like they don't know how to shop and get high school kids who just want to be lazy. Several times like today I have to go back to the store to exchange things they screwed up on. Plus they charge nearly 30 dollars for delivery. Don't ask for grapes you may get 10 grapes for 2.99.

I asked for seltzer water that I put an order in for in advance and had to be called several times to change because it was out of stick but still on the website. I have to check my list over to see I got all my items. I sometimes get extra items. If you are asked to substitute an item and asked if there is another item at same price they say I don't know. The circular is in the store. You can't say I don't know. The app kicks you out of the website and can't search by name a lot of times. I am thinking to do my shopping on my own next time. Plus, you go there to exchange last time I got a nasty woman at the courtesy counter who told me if I had put the right name of the item I would get it. Plantains are cooking bananas.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Shoprite does occasionally have good sales but their customer service is consistently bad. From their sales staff to their cashiers, it's like they do all they can to make sure you know that they can't stand you. Sometimes it's not always in words but in their actions, their expressions, their body language. Most people who go there do so because of the prices as have I. If not for that, I would be in Trader Joe's every day. If I could give them 0 stars I would.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Continuing D.V. problems. Bought same car twice within days. Exchange due to broken. No receipt of it may be given to me and I am three miles away, 55lb dog with me, two broken rear tires. They want to give me the same one. I have to still look for exchange receipt. Bought due to car repair cost having to wait. No home. Valuable items nowhere to hold them safely. Poor quality being sold. Albany, NY store. Won't last 24 hours for $21 dollars. Ath logo on front. Unpackaged for sale. I think ShopRite is pretty wonderful except for this product. I have to wait until store manager is there to see if they can do anything for us after I call to talk to them. Sept 2018. **. Personal tel. numb.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

They literally have the worst website and app. It's beyond slow, unorganized, the categories and the search bar suck. I'll type in something simple like "pasta" and it will take 10 minutes for anything to load on the screen. Not even exaggerating, either. When I saw a little over a month ago that they were doing maintenance of their website, I was so happy. I figured they'd finally get better servers and stop being so cheap about their website since everyone I know orders groceries online now. But nope. If anything it only ended up even worse. For instance. EVERY single time I log in it now asks me to search via state and zip which freaking Shoprite I use. Like, I've already logged in, no?

You should know I go to the same darn Shoprite especially when it's my selected store and EVERY single purchase is from the same store, but nope. Without fail. And it takes a good 5 minutes to get that cued up. Weekly Circular. It might as well not exist online. Every single time I try and select things to put in my cart it never works. By the third item, I add it bogs down and makes the entire experience which should only take 15 min top. An hour long experience. I might as well just go to the actual grocery store. Or better yet, I'm going to start using Stop and Shop or Amazon Whole Foods more often because at least their website works.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We've been using Shop from Home for over 10 years and have never had too many problems until the rash of recent website updates. Tonight was the last straw. After adding $256 worth of items, we saved it to a list and the priced jumped to $415 for the same cart. After multiple attempts at unsuccessfully trying to correct the problem, we ended up having to print the list, empty the cart and start all over. The entire process - without this review - took several hours. The Shop from Home website is getting worse with every frequent update. There are so many problems now that this service is no longer worth the time or money, and as another reviewer stated, you are losing customers.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The Shoprite shop at home website has not been working for a while. I made my grocery list yesterday and when I tried to get back on it is not letting me. I was told that it should only be an hour or so, but it has been at least 12 hours. If you are going to update your site, make sure people can use it at the same time. You are losing business doing this.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

There is one clerk at the Deli dept. who rubs his nose while slicing meats. I have seen this many times and had complained to him about it and asked for another clerk to slice my meats. My next visit to the Deli, a week later, the same clerk was observed still rubbing his nose. Nasty! At another visit to this Deli, I ordered some meats and I always request my meats shaved (Sliced extremely thin). I had to ask this Deli clerk many times if he could shave the meat thinner. He was slicing it too thick. I watched him take every slice and actually grind them up between his fingers... I also noted at that time that his plastic gloves were all ripped up and falling apart. Real Nasty! I complained many times to the management about these Deli clerks and they never asked me which clerk was doing these nasty things which only proved to me that they never did anything about it. That was the Last time for going to that store.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I went to Shoprite Scarsdale, New York, 7/17/2018, to purchase fish and oil which was on sale. When I went to get the oil, there were none on the shelf. I went to customer service desk, and while I was online for about 15 minutes, I asked one of the stock guys to please look to see if they had more oil in stock. If they did, could he get a bottle before I reach the customer service associate. When I got to the customer service rep, she printed out a rain check receipt for me, simultaneously the stock person told her they possibly had more oil in the back. She said she would hold on to the rain check receipt until he brought the oil to the counter. The stock guy said he'd be right back. I waited at the customer service desk with my 2 -year- old son whom at that time was sleeping. No one showed up. I asked the CS rep for the rain check. She stated the stock person had to go down the basement and get the item.

Another 10 min passed. Aggravated and anxious, I ask the customer service rep to please give me the rain check so I can leave because I had to go pick up my other son from daycare. No one showed up... I ask for a manager. After several minutes the manager Glenn showed up. He seemed stressed and irritated. I explain to him how long I'd been waiting. Instead of the. MANAGER DIFFUSING the situation and my complaint, he IGNITED it.

Moments after the manager arrived the oil came. "The oil is here. Go pay for it," he said in a nasty tone. I was a bit upset and I explained to him if you couldn't get it to me quicker and it's not on the shelves you should have given me a rain check so I could come back another day. Glenn told me "the oil is here now. Go pay for it." I asked him, "Why are you speaking to me like this. You shouldn't speak to me this way." He told me, "I can speak to you any way I want." I said, "You don't speak to a paying customer in that manner... I'm the customer you should listen to my concerns." He says, "I never listen to a guy like you." I took this as a racial insult. I asked him to repeat what he said, "I NEVER TAKE ORDERS FROM A GUY LIKE YOU... YOU PAID FOR THE OIL NOW. NOW GET OUT!"

I was appalled, humiliated, embarrassed. I was so frantic I couldn't find my credit card which was later found and returned to customer service and put in a volt. I went to customer service and return the items... I was so upset one of the sales associates told me that this manager had only been there a few months and was difficult with employees as well. I called Shoprite customer support. Spoke to Eric, he took note if the incident, apologized for the manager's behavior. He guaranteed a call back from the owners. As of to date 7/17/18 no contact from Shoprite.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have been a Shoprite patron at the Nelson's Corner Shoprite in Hillsborough, NJ, since it opened. In the last few years it has been on the decline - in the products offered and the atmosphere. While shopping today, another customer stated to me, that this store had a terrible odor, she's right. You once had a choice of brands for products. The choice is getting slimmer - Goya is superseding all other brands. The meat department is not any different. It once carried John Martin & Son ham products along with Cook's (which is preservative laden and bilious). John Martin & Son products are no longer available. The end cap in the meat department carried Pat La Frieda, Purveyor of fine meats, products. There are less Pat La Frieda products now that this Shoprite has crammed more of their mediocre, Shoprite meat and poultry into the end-cap.

Mixed in with Chicken wings and turkey products you now find skinned rabbits (ugh! dead rodents). They used be housed in a separate case with other not so delectable choices that Americans don't normally consider for daily meals. This is not the UK or Asia! Today, was the last straw for me, I couldn't find half of the items, I needed. It was convenient to shop there, as it is only 3 miles from my home; but, I intend to shop at another Franchise owner's store, that provides choices in brands and products. The Hillsborough, NJ Shoprite is on a downward slide.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Visiting from Florida & tried their shop from home at Shoprite of Fairless Hills. What a joke. I ordered 12 cases of PA Dutch Diet Birch Beer, which is not sold in Florida, to take back home with us. Ordered at 7:00 AM for pickup between 6:30 & 7:00 PM. Received a call a little after 6 PM saying they were running behind & it wouldn't be ready at 6:30. OK, no problem, so we arrived at 7:35 & went in to find they didn't have it & substituted Diet Mug Root Beer??? (I did not list a substitute.) They called at 7:23 to tell us this! So they didn't know they didn't have it when they called at 6 to tell us the order would be late??? Don't they have computers to keep track of their inventory? How could they possibly, after 12 hours, not know they had no stock? I think their system needs a bit of work.

Shoprite Company Information