Schnucks

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I cannot think of a more harmful and petty thing to do than what the management of Schnucks did recently. In order to control costs, the company fired their warehouse employees, and replaced those folks with a non-union firm... Merry Christmas. The union representatives of the warehouse employees wanted to stand and hand out circulars at the doors of the grocery stores. Schnucks allows charities to fund raise on their sidewalks. Union said you have to treat us like the charities.

Schnucks' attorneys or management went to Sears to get their degrees and in an act of abject chicken ** cowardice, blocked the Salvation Army Kettle Ringers from collecting in front of the stores, and the Girl Scouts from selling Cookies. I am surprised these morons did not block Mother Teresa's canonization. Can you spell stupid, petty and ignorant? Will you ever see me spending another dime at Schnucks? Nope... There are too many other grocers who help their community. A big ** to Schnucks.

Produce Department: store label on counter indicates that the product is 'Ruby Red Grapefruit'. However, when you open the grapefruit it is just an ordinary 'pink' grapefruit. However, the price is as if they were 'Ruby Reds'. I have asked the store about the label and they indicated that the labels are put on the grapefruit at time of picking. This has gone on for months and I decided I will no longer buy any PRODUCE from Schnucks. I can buy better produce products from Aldi and at a more reasonable price.

We went to check out and the clerk insisted on cleaning his hands. Great. He then went on to explain, "In culinary, you must first pass sanitary tests." Great. Now he tells us that he needs to clean his hands because he had done something nasty with his nose. This was just not right. Could have said sneezed, blew his nose; better yet say nothing and clean hands. I was so disgusted as we left. Going back to K-market.

For 45 years I have been on Sulfasalazine for Crohn's Disease. Recently I began having strange new symptoms. They got progressively worse over several months, and I decided I needed to make an appointment with my gastroenterologist. Before I could get the appointment set up, I ran out of the medication and called for a refill. When I went in to pick it up, I was informed by the person behind the counter that they had substituted Sulfazine. When I told her I was supposed to have Sulfasalazine, she said the pharmacy was having trouble getting that drug, and she showed me that the Schnucks pharmacy had been substituting Sulfazine for my Sulfasalazine prescription for several months.

I was appalled since I had been told several times over the past 45 years that Sulfazine was fine for ulcerative colitis, but not for Crohn's Disease! I have an emergency appointment with my gastroenterologist this afternoon. He will decide what tests I will need to undergo in order to determine if my being given the wrong medication has caused further damage to my intestinal tract. Those tests will be very expensive! How can a pharmacy decide to substitute one drug for another without permission from the doctor or the patient?

Tried to use a pharmacy coupon. Was told it probably wouldn't work but bother with it later come back to them another time. They have been the rudest people to me since I started there over a year ago. I intend on leaving, going to Walgreens and never shopping there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schnucks?

I ordered turkey from Schnucks for thanksgiving. They had advertised for fresh Turkeys, I had one order from Rabers Meats in Peoria ail, but decided I would order from Schnucks. I talked with a young man in the meat dept prior to putting in my order, I asked him several times were they hormone, and antibiotic free, he said yes, I ordered one, got to thinking about it and wondered how my turkey could be fresh if I had ordered two weeks in advance, called today 11/24/14, asked same questions again today, I was told the same by the same young man.

A little while later, the meat dept head called me, I asked him about the turkeys, he said they are hormone and antibiotic going back 90 days. In other words they had the antibiotic, and hormones and all the other chemicals up to 90 days ago. Then I asked how could it be possible to get a fresh turkey when I ordered two weeks ago, he said, they put them in vacuum packed backs so they keep longer, so they are not fresh nothing about them are fresh. I was so disappointed and will never trust their advertising or what they claim about theirs meats. If you want real fresh meats go to Raber's or fresh Market in Peoria IL. Don't be fooled like I was into thinking you are getting fresh, antibiotic, hormone free turkeys or meat, not at Schnucks that is for sure.

I have been a loyal customer of the O'fallon Pharmacy for years. In the last 3 months I have been very disappointed with them. Twice in the last 3 months they have been out of the medicine I needed. They send me to the Dardene store which is 5 miles out of my way. (They filled the prescription in 10 minutes.) When I drop off a prescription they will tell you it will be at least 1 hour, so I always plan on having to come back instead of waiting. Dan and Cathy are very friendly and helpful, but it seems they need to have more help so the customer doesn't have to wait so long.

I don't know how Schnucks can still call themselves "The Friendliest Stores in Town." No one was overtly rude to me, but I also didn't leave their stores feeling warm and fuzzy from outstanding service. My checker yesterday was so busy talking to the person she just checked out, clearly a coworker, as they were discussing a meeting, she keyed in the wrong code for my produce - an error I caught, not she.

When I went to the O'Fallon store in December 2013, the meat I purchased was horrible. Their so-called "extra lean ground beef" created so much grease when I cooked it, it was very clear to me that they were passing it off as 80/20 - but at the premium price they charge for extra lean. The pork steaks I baked in the oven smelled so bad, I threw them out and we had to get take-out for dinner.

I went to the St. Peters store yesterday. Their meat still looked dubious, so I didn't buy any. And today, when I opened their three-pack of romaine lettuce, it was so brown, I had to throw away a third of it. Mind you, I spent a lot of time trying to find a package that looked good to me, reaching in the back for the freshest. It wasn't just brown, it was slimy. I may spend more at Dierbergs initially, but how is shopping at Schnucks cheaper when I am throwing out poor quality food and driving to another store to purchase food I refuse to buy at Schnucks?

Was shopping at Schnucks in Creve Couer. Sitting in my car, I saw in my rear view mirror, a shopping cart in front of their store where they stack them, roll across the travel lane and slam the back of my car. By the time I got out of my car, another cart had started to roll and I saw it bounce off of a car that was driving through and slam into another parked car. They should know better than to keep the shopping carts in front of the store. It doesn't take much brain power to know that there will be carts loose from people taking them from the stack, and in that area right near the driveway, carts will move on a windy day. I consider it negligent to store shopping carts in such a manner. Surprise, surprise! After an "investigation" they absolved themselves of all responsibility. Had they made any effort to at least help with the cost of repairs, they would have made their money back in a few weeks with continued patronage. NOT NOW!

I have been a customer for 20 years plus. The Schnucks in Festus has a new pharmacy manager. Now I can get my medication without fighting. My doctor fax over a scrip for meds. I call pharmacy they tell me I can pick up meds at 4:00. I get there at 4:45. The manager tells me I have to call my doctor and have them call her to verify the scrips was send by him. That should be the pharmacy job to call dr, I call meds in 5 days ago, why do they do this. Now I'm out of medication again and it is hard to maintain life. I have cancer and heart failure. I do not need the stress. Walmart Pharmacy told me they will do all the legwork and guaranteed my medication on time. I think maybe it time to move my medication and get my groceries at Walmart.

I am appalled at your Cahokia's pharmacist to lie about my refill was too soon to be filled. I called my insurance (BCBS) to ask why? I was told they paid for the medicines but your pharmacist canceled it out but they didn't know why because they would not pay for medicine that is too soon to fill. I called back & was told by your pharmacist he has the right to do as he please.. I will no longer use your pharmacy again after this kind of treatment & the fact they lied to me about the medicine. I am a cancer patient trying stay calm & pain free the best I can. I don't need him playing doctor with my life. I have a caretaker who gets my medicine on days she come which is not everyday plus I have to pay for her gas each time she runs back & forth for me.

I can't afford this & try to pay for medicines needed to keep me well. They had my phone number & could have told me when I called this & my other medicines in plenty of time as they do with my regular orders. Thank you.

A pharmacist is making policy for Schnucks. One Schnucks I shop at several times, I have never been treated with such disrespect. My prescription for a controlled substance was broadcasted to the public by him and stated that I had to pay the full amount because he, the pharmacist, did not recognize my discount card at every Schnucks, but this one is accepted. Why did Schnucks have me fill this out and it's good in all the other stores but this one? This is the friendliest store in town? Belittling your customers, please correct this or I will start my Costco card again. The price for my medicine is cheaper there but with my discount and convenience, I came to Schnucks, but this will stop! Thank you Rock Road and Lindberg Schnucks.

Schnucks is without conscience! There is so much stuff there made in China that we drive out of our way to go to other food stores. Let's support our country! We do not need to poison ourselves and our animals with ** from China. People have to be pretty ** lazy and ignorant to buy there!

The customer service experience was great, but the maintnenance of the store was completely horrible, as if Schnucks Supermarket Chain has forgotten this part of there enterprise. Its sad that this chain of supermarket that puts deluxe stores in deluxe areas were people spend the same amount of as the people of the N.Grand store.Its a shame, bad food choices,discolored meat,broken freezers, it was not a good shopping experience. I am not a fan of this supermarket and until they take all consumers serious I will never ever go there again.

I come into Schnucks quite frequently, and am always very satisfied with your service. However, Monday (Nov.10th) I was shopping in your store and there was a young man working behind the counter of the seafood department. This was at approximetly 7:30 a.m.

I asked him for 3 of the flounder fillets and he said he could not help me because the department was not open yet. I usually shop early morning, so I explained to him that the young ladies that work back there never have a problem helping me. His response was that the rules had changed, and he was the new seafood manager. Why would the friendliest store in town have a manager that does not support their slogan? I found him to be very rude, I will not be going back that seafood department.

Schnucks Company Profile