Safeway

Compare Grocery Stores

Research top Grocery Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mom works at Safeway so I know what goes on back there. The management is horrible and you have to be there right on time. Otherwise they give you a warning because they dont want you to be there too early or too late just because they dont wanna pay you overtime!!! AT THE SAFEWAY MY MOM WORKS AT THE BREAD SLICER IS MISSING A SLICER SO WHEN YOU GET TO THE END IT SHAKES LIKE CRAZY!!! And they dont let the employees slice the baguettes!!!

AND MY MOM SAYS IT'S SO BAD THAT SHE DOESNT WANT TO GO BACK AFTER HER SHIFT IS OVER TO SHOP!!! We still shop there though. The employees are nice but not the management!!! But it's still a good place to shop even if the management is bad. They also have crazy hours and thats all for Safeway complaints.

I shop at Safeway every week and the lines at this store are always long at the check out counters. Today it was maybe 2 counters open out of 7 and 30 customers waiting at both counters. I've to Chevy Chase Maryland and Bethesda Maryland Safeway stores and all counters are waiting for customers to check out. The service at this store isn't at all good. The staff is not friendly and the lines are always long. There's no soup or salad bar. I did call customer service and they replied that they were gonna take care of it but, still no results. I'll start shopping at Shoppers.

Willits, Ca. Safeway Store - So many issues. 1. Staff shortage, existing staff awesome but way over worked. 2. Constantly out of sale items. 3. Vendors decide merchandise not customer requests. Phone calls to home office produce no results. 4. U Click coupons suck, no cell service in my area and I won't cut out the stupid coupons. The Reward Card was supposed to do away with coupons! 5. Being told we'll have it tomorrow, no I don't want a rain check I can't eat a rain check, when I live 50 miles away and they are the closest and only chain store. Another 25 miles to the next store. 6. Tiny cans of gourmet cat food when rural areas usually have more than 1/2 of a cat! 7. Agreeing with the other Customers as they complain while waiting in line. Unbelievable that they can stay in business like this... Only because of lack of competition! Help us Raley's!!!

17246 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA, 98052: The (one) public bathroom had no toilet paper; someone had left a roll of brown paper towels on the ground as an apparent substitute--in a grocery store! The toilet was filled with the same, as, not surprisingly, it could not be flushed. Given that the large bathroom garbage can had no lid, it is entirely possible that some of the paper towels in there were also covered in feces, which would, of course, be a major public health hazard. If this was not bad enough, when I went to check out, it took 4 or 5 tries to use the card reader, as the software kept choosing options (such as an undesired $40 cash back) before I could do so with the stylus. This has been an ongoing problem on multiple machines. This store has always had obscenely long lines, making it already annoying, but this was disgusting and pathetic. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

PS I want to specify that I have never had any issue with any checker or customer service employee. However, this store is obscenely poorly managed and not worth the seeming convenience of shopping here if close by.

Shopping at Safeway in Kapaa, bought O Organics chicken breasts. Froze as soon as I got groceries home. Three days later thaw chicken to make dinner and found one of the breasts was rotten. Making it totally inedible. Not expecting that from what should be a great healthy product. Nasty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safeway?

I have been shopping at the Bailey Park Plaza Safeway for 30 years, but I quit as of tonight!!! The lines have gotten so long that I won't shop there anymore. There was one checker with about 20 people in line at 9pm tonight! This often happens in the evening. I plan to take my business elsewhere where the customer is appreciated!

Store on 298 King St at 11 pm 02/04/17 I asked to ** (shift leader, Chinese guy) for some cokes because the shelf ran out of sodas and he responded "If you want it come back tomorrow." and I asked to him if they have in the storage and he replied yes but he won't get for me... fortunately ** was around listening ** conduct and attitude and she apologize for her leader conduct and went to get our sodas. Safeway is an excellent stores with outstanding customer service but this ** is someone who cannot be a good representative of Safeway. Horrible service.

Safeway pharmacies fail to report ALL controlled substance medications dispensed by their stores as required by Oregon state law within 72 hours of dispensing. Pharmacists claim that it is the corporation's computer system, but no one is fixing it. Letter to the corporate office went unanswered. Complaints to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy get nowhere; they are an inept agency that only protects other pharmacists. Violations of ORS 431.964 don't matter to them, even while there is an opioid epidemic and prescribers rely on the Oregon Prescription Drug Monitoring Program to determine when such medications were filled and who wrote them, etc. Safeway cares little about law and more about their profits! They are as bad as some drug pushers--profits outweigh lives!

I moved all my Rxs from Walmart due to the average wait time of an hour or more. I like this place much better. I get my refills right away with hardly any wait. It's a more personalized service, they know me by name, let me know of any changes or concerns.

Safeway fulfills my expectations nicely, but not exceptionally. I would like to see longer hours, but they do keep fairly normal hours. They also seem to have a high turnover of pharmacists, but all have been nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Prices seem good to me, as well.

Went in to buy grapes that were on sale and the lines were horribly long. This is in Woodland Park, CO. They have removed their self checkout which I always used so I was forced to stand in the line all the other disgusted people were in. Put the grapes back, went to buy a lotto ticket and there was one person in front of me. The girl behind the counter told her it would just be a minute and she was sorry, then she went to check out all the people that were in her line. I ended up leaving. Not only are there prices outrageously high but their customer service is horrible. Why would you remove all the self checkouts? Going to City Market, sales are much better and they are very friendly and have self checkouts.

Ever since my family and I (my wife and children) started having our prescriptions brought to them they have always been personable. They're professional, knowledgeable, helpful, well mannered, kind, friendly, and accurate. They always made sure the prescription matched us, and they have always counseled us on the dosage and warnings. Now they know us by name, they make sure our prescriptions are filled before we run out. They apologize when they are backed up, or even when they are waiting on a doctor's office to validate our prescription. And might I add they hardly have to apologize because of their punctuality. Though I am not a fan of Safeway (the grocery store), I would definitely encourage anyone to use the Safeway Pharmacy.

Their staff is pleasant and helpful. They also go the extra mile! The staff is always able to answer my questions and explain the medications - generally better than my doctor can! Their knowledge is more current, I believe.

My family and myself will never shop at Safeway again. My mother bought me a face product that was 10.00. It was not the brand I use and I helped her search for the receipt. We could not find it. I went back to the Safeway store in Litchfield Park Arizona to EXCHANGE the product for the brand I use. I was not asking for a REFUND just an exchange. The rude worker said, "Sorry no receipt no exchange." I asked to speak to the store manager. The worker tells him it's a high price item and that I don't have a receipt. I explained the situation to the store manager. He was so RUDE. I said 10.00 is a high priced item? He said, "No exchange" started to walk away. I said, "Sir you are rude and I will contact your corporate office." He kept walking away. I contacted Safeway corporate office and no one ever responded. Horrible store, horrible employees!!

The Snohomish Wa Safeway employees are great! I can't thank Dana in the floral dept enough as she put together yet another wonderful arrangement of flowers for me. She has helped me pick out vases/containers & flowers for numerous occasions including the many deaths our family has had to endure, all the while guiding me through the process of making my choices with confidence & her caring ways. Thank you!

Their prices are high considering the run of the mill selection. Top dollar for staple goods. Checkers are not accurate. It is not unusual to be charged higher prices at checkout than is advertised or is shelf-labeled.

The service was what made it special. Customer service is something that is getting rare. A smile, a pleasant response, full answers, correct grammar, listening/giving your full attention are a few of the qualities of customer service we had at Safeway.

My Safeway store is great...!!! I know the employees by name and they are always willing to help - No rudeness like at some stores because they may be tired or had a long day. They always greet you and if you have an issue with a product, they resolve it without any hassles.

Most of the employees are helpful, but the Just for U program is frustrating. Many times I've added items to my Just for U list, but I don't get the discounted price. Also, about 1/3 of the times, prices are incorrect on the register and I need to go to Customer Service to get refunded. There's typically a longish wait since others are also in line, waiting for help to correct register issues or waiting for the store rep to appear from behind their closed office door. That said, the store rep has always been good and polite about correcting/fixing the problem.

I recently purchased many bottles of wine over the Holidays and when we opened 4 of them they were corked. This is not the first time that we've bought wine at the Mountain Blvd. store that was corked when we opened it. We had guests over for dinner, and it was embarrassing to have to keep apologizing and opening different bottles, only for them to taste fizzy and be corked. Had they been the same brand wine, then I might understand that the entire batch was off, but they were different brands. It's a disgrace, and it ruined our evening as we had to run out to the grocery store on one of the busiest nights of the year while our guests waited for dinner at home.

This grocery store is always clean and well-organized. They have great selection of products, including house brands. The in-house bakery is greatly appreciated, as the products are fresh, and not pre-packaged. Highly recommended!

Overall I am very pleased with my shopping experience at Safeway. I live in Hawaii & even though they have a wide variety of food in their deli section the selections are mostly if not all are local dishes. I love living here but am not a big fan of the local foods. Also I have a favorite cake they have in their bakery & it is not consistently available even after we ask about it.

I shop at Safeway for their sale products or extra Air Miles point products, or for the couple items I can't purchase anywhere else. It is common knowledge their regular prices, other than sale prices or Air Miles point items that bring me to the store, are higher priced than anywhere else. I would shop at Safeway for all items if their regular prices were comparative to others I shop at. But, I am price-conscious on my pension.

I like shopping at Safeway. The price of the product is reasonable and the quality is good. The customer service is great. Always greeted with a good day and a smile from the cashiers. When an employee sees that you are looking for something they ask if they can help you and they assist you in finding your item. I also like their reward.

Never have enough of the smaller carts. You only see male clerks anymore. Groceries are bagged carelessly. Male clerks just throw stuff. Never have enough checkers. Two is the norm even at busy times. Don't always ask if you need help.

This store is in a rural area and is smaller than most. It has much higher prices than larger stores in the big city 50 miles away. So the variety is smaller and the aisles are so close together that they are difficult to navigate. As far as the larger stores go, they have competitive pricing on just about everything, but the quality of their meats is just average.

The store I use is well organized with items easy to find. Clerks are pleasant and helpful. There is a good selection of products & easy parking. There are enough checkout stations to avoid very long lines.

This Safeway is Clean, comfortable, well-stocked and the products are displayed so that they are easy to find. The personnel are friendly, pleasant, give good service and are cooperative when you need help with something. The shopping experience at the Duval Mine Rd, Safeway Store is my preference because the parking is easier to manipulate. Definitely a nice friendly market. I would recommend it.

I use their delivery service - Vons.com. Very good service, good sale prices, good delivery people. I save between $15 - $40 on my groceries. They offer free delivery on orders $150 or more. Otherwise, delivery ranges up to $12.95 per trip, depending on time slot chosen. Order minimum is $50. Good and extensive selection of groceries. No tips for drivers.

Friendly and helpful employees. Like the reward points that can be used for gas. Good quality foods and good sales. Love Just for U coupons. Love $5 Friday sales. Fruits and vegetables very fresh. Store is very clean and you are able to push carts comfortably down aisle even if another cart is side by side.

Safeway Company Profile