1.62/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

556 Safeway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I ordered Safeway delivery yesterday and gave a delivery window that I knew I would be home. I waited for 3.5 hrs only for the driver to call and cancel last minute. So wasted my time waiting here, then charged me for $100 worth of groceries that I don't know if they will refund. I will never ever again order Safeway delivery and I warn anyone trying to order with Safeway to be careful, they are a fraud!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have given the Safeway delivery 3 tries now. Each time the service was worse and I won't be using the service again. First delivery showed up as expected, without some of the things I ordered, but oh well. The 2nd delivery never showed up at all. I never heard from Safeway about the reason and called and emailed but received no response. I finally started calling Safeway in the area to find out where my order was. After a very frustrating hour, I was able to track down the store that had shipped my order; they couldn't answer my question about where my order was but sent out my order again, everything in duplicate. (Seemed like a nice way to make amends.)

The 3rd order was short about half of my items. No explanation was given nor was I able to get one. The driver did not seem to have a clue what my order was comprised of and my emails/phone messages to Safeway about this were not responded to, with the net-net that I was charged about $30 for groceries I never received. Never again will I use Safeway delivery. It is supposed to save time and stress! Believe me, you won't be getting any of that from utilizing Safeway delivery.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I ordered 20 cases of coconut water to be delivered. Order# **. It did not show up. 16 hours later I called the customer service number 1-877-505-4040. I was on hold for 58 minutes. A woman from customer service picked up. I introduced myself and told her the order number. She hung up. I sent 2 emails to address listed on my order. Generic automatic response is all I got. This is no way to do business Safeway. I am extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Don't use their delivery service: they rip you off and do not honor the advertised prices. The past three deliveries, I had many items where I was not charged the advertised price. 1st one: overcharge of $6, 2nd $19 and again today (and my the last time shopping with them) $12. The 1st time, I hung up after sitting on hold for 15+ minutes (no one ever picked up). Being $6, I didn't really care too much. Then a month ago, I was overcharged $19. It took FOUR emails before I got a response and they refused to fully refund me (I got $9 back) because they said it was a store issue and I had to go down to the store and talk to the manager. I even provided screenshots of the advertised prices.

Today was the last straw: Safeway overcharged me $12 and I was missing an item. I had to argue with the guy to write up the missing item. I also sent him back with the 8 items I was overcharged for which definitely aggravated him. The convenience was awesome but in the past 5 weeks, but this not honoring advertised prices, making it impossible to get a response from customer service and having to argue with drivers about missing items? I give up. I won't even shop in Safeway anymore - they lost a long-standing customer today.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I stood at the register for ten minutes. An Asian lady was 6 ft away from me putting together rice bowls. One lady was at the far end of the deli busy slicing meat for a customer, and a young lady was making several sandwiches for someone. Five minutes into my wait a lady came up next to me and asked the Asian lady if there were any employees at this end of the counter that could help us. The Asian employee looked at us, again she was only 5 or 6 feet from us both, motioned towards the lady at the other end and turned around and went back to her rice bowls. The customer left.

Five minutes later, a total of ten minutes the lady making sandwiches looked at me and asked what I needed and I responded with, "I just wanted to pay for my hot chicken wings. They were already packaged so I only needed to pay.” She told me she couldn't ring me up from this register, that I had to go up front. I said, "And this lady 5 to six feet away from me couldn't tell me that in ten minutes of standing here. She knew I was there but never said one word.” Think about that. I stood there for ten minutes right next to her, and I am a commanding figure. Six ft tall, 220 lbs, with an athletic figure. She knew I was there. No doubt about that. And all she had to do was tell me that she couldn't ring me up there. But let me just stand there.

Then, feeling so happy, I had to go stand in another line to check out front. I can't tell you how upset I am. It wouldn't be printable. And since Safeway does not have ANY customer service, that is the last time Safeway will get a dime from me. I'll go to any Safeway store again. And the reason this one time seals their fate is because it's not the first time I've had problems with Safeway, and reading all these reviews made up my mind. Bye bye Safeway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safeway?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We ordered our some basics online for the first time (and last) as we were coming in from a transatlantic flight late at night. Some delivery had arrived when we got in, half of it belonging to someone else. We tried to call Safeway to correct the mistake feeling sorry for the person still waiting for his/her delivery. Nobody answered the phone and after 20 minutes we gave up. The next morning, when we wanted to cook some eggs, it turned out that three of the twelve were missing and one was broken.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I purchased two Cheerios cereal. Had just for you. 99 cents each. Had a manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off if you buy two. I bought two. I guess my $1.00 off didn't work. Told Terri at customer service. “Oh I was wrong!!! It always worked before” I told her. “No you can't get your dollar back. Ok I will call manager.” She said, “Here comes someone who will know.” Ok I show the other girl my phone. She told Terri I was right. Terri said she was wrong too and proceeded to check other people out. After Terri left to find someone who would agree with her and it's been a half hour she finally gave me my $1.00. This is Safeway!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Just went to Safeway in Eureka, CA., Store No. 2908 on Nov 1. The cashier was friendly and helpful. When it came time to pay the balance due of $72.49 is when the trouble started. My mom who is a active 89+ senior citizen was told her check was declined. Cashier called for assistance and was not able to complete the transaction because she did not have recent history of writing checks. She has a Safeway card and proper id. (She is a 60 year resident of Eureka and a long time customer of Safeway.) She was asked to go to the customer service. The young man indicated he got no help when he called somebody up the chain. My mom felt humiliated and frustrated by this experience!

Simply, there was no reason to put her through this experience. She also noted there were no nearby chairs for those who need to rest. Yes, there were a few chairs in the Starbucks area or outside opposite end of store. Because of age and health conditions this whole experience has angered her and made her ill. She also felt discriminated against because she does use a computer or smart phone she can’t bring in digital coupons for items in the store. There is a large portion of society that do not use a computers or smartphones, so digital coupons aren’t available. At least, this store owes my mom a apology for making her stand waiting for nearly 20 minutes, and embarrassing in front of people waiting in line.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Why does the store location in Anchorage Alaska, the Minnesota/Benson Aurora Village Carrs, does not allow returns from other Carrs locations, even with a receipt. It is very frustrating. I purchased some supposed to be fresh fruit and it was rotten, it was purchased from one location and the store told me to take it back to the store I bought it from, instead of just taking it back and giving me my refund. Now I have to drive out the way to go back to that store and I don't see why.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

As a customer with my 10 year old son, I witnessed and felt intimidated by a Safeway manager (Edwardo) who shouted across the deli and isle to an employee that was helping me. In a dominating and aggressive manner, Edwardo crosses his arms and thrust out his chest when he shouted “what, we make customers get their own bread bowls now.” A nearby employee shushed him in reaction to his outburst. The manager maintained his dominating body language and stared at the deli employees until my transaction was finished. I have never seen a manager try to belittle an employee by bullying them In front of customers. His behavior was nefarious enough to warrant termination and legal ramifications by the female employee he was harassing. We teach our children to not bully. Clearly, Safeway management needs the same lesson. Bullying employees is intolerable— especially in front of customers!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

SAFEWAY NOT READY TO PROVIDE GROCERY DELIVERY SERVICE. I paid for and scheduled a grocery delivery on Friday 10-5-18 for today Monday 10-8-18 between the hours of 1:00 -2:00 pm. I am disabled and had to schedule this specific time because my son would be here to help me receive the grocery order. The delivery did not come and no one from Safeway called to let me know the order would be late. When I contacted the 1-800 number for grocery deliveries, I was told I would not receive my order for an additional two hours at approx 4:30 or 5:00. I was not contacted by anyone at Safeway to let me know. Very inconvenient for me.

I tried Safeway but will not use Safeway again. I just spoke with the delivery person from Safeway in Superior and was told he had two orders ahead of mine. I live in the city of Denver and I asked why he was delivering from so far and he said that the closest Safeway on Third and Broadway (the closest to my address) is out of my delivery area. Safeway constantly and consistently sends me e-mails for grocery delivery and this is how they treat their customers!! THIS IS REALLY BAD BUSINESS. I WILL SHOP AT KING SOOPERS OR WALMART FOR DELIVERY.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

1ST: THEY DON'T GIVE YOU A TRACKING NUMBER. ONLY AN ORDER NUMBER (that's a red flag).

2ND: THEY DO NOT DELIVER DURING THE SPECIFIED TIME (instead of your groceries coming during the window of time you selected, they'll either be 4-5 hrs late or you'll have to call their customer support number just to figure out where your food is at).

3RD: INSTEAD OF SENDING A TEXT/EMAIL TO LET CUSTOMERS KNOW OF THE DELAYS, THEY WON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING (you will literally have to sit on the line for about 20 -30 minutes to talk to a customer rep, where they'll try to convince you to reschedule). People have busy lives, and to assume that we are the ones inconveniencing them when we paid for our groceries to be here a certain time, is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

4TH: YOU'LL BE WAITING AT LEAST A WEEK BEFORE YOU GET A REFUND (if you don't get it within the week you'll have to call their third party support center for them to expedite your money back). I will definitely not order with them until they get their online delivery service together and I will definitely let all my friends and their friends know, not to do it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Used the delivery app for the first time and my order never came, never got a call or email. Called customer service, 50 minutes of being on hold with no answer. I even emailed customer service and haven’t heard anything back. Called this morning, was given the runaround, “the manager isn’t here”, etc etc. Called again when he was supposedly there, “he’s on the floor. I’ll have him call you”, and then was informed the delivery driver had noted I wasn’t home. In the notes I put that they needed to call me- I live in a gated apartment complex and they would need to be let in. My fiancé was home the entire delivery window and I never received a call.

Where is my refund? Where is my call or email that they weren’t delivered? And why do I have to run around in a giant circle just to get this righted? Still waiting on the correct manager to call me! I cannot believe how unprofessional my experience has been, nevermind the fact I was forced to stay home during the window of time I expected my delivery, which had items that were intended for dinner, so I couldn’t run to the store to pick up the items instead! Really nice, Safeway. Glad I paid for delivery that never came, couldn’t make dinner, and still have my money being held hostage. Where is the accountability?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

This is the second time I have ordered delivery from Safeway with a no-show and no explanation. It seems like the drivers don't feel like doing it, so they don't. Called customer service, they couldn't get in touch with the driver or the store. No one bothered to inform me my order wasn't coming. No apology, just offer to cancel and wait for refund. Last time it took almost a month and I had to call twice to complain. I suspect the delivery service is a scam to inflate monthly earnings reports. They probably only deliver 10%-20% of the orders. If I'm wrong, prove it, Safeway, release documents showing the percentage of orders fulfilled. Losers.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My First and LAST Safeway Delivery Experience: This was my first time using Safeway’s delivery service and I am really amazed by the INCOMPETENCY of the service. 1st Issue: I placed an order through Safeway App yesterday. I scheduled the delivery for Wednesday, 9/12/2018; 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. The delivery driver showed up at 2:15 pm. 2nd Issue: I would have been ok with the timing, if they delivered the right order. Out of the 10 items ordered only 3 were found to be correct. I did not even receive 7 out of 10 products, I had ordered. Furthermore, whatever item I received were not in right quantity. For example: I had ordered 8 bananas, I received 5 instead.

3rd Issue: I called the customer service (877-505-4040) and I was placed on hold for several minutes. Next time I called, I put my name on automatic call list. After 12 minutes, I got a call back from Safeway and again; I was placed on hold. After several minutes of waiting, the call got connected but no one spoke on the phone. Instead the call hung up. Finally, I decided to call my LOCAL store. The lady answered the phone told me “this issue is handled by .COM section and she is going to transfer my call to them”. And again you guessed it Right... I was placed on hold and couldn’t get in touch with anyone.

I called the store again, spoke to the same lady and she told me the person in the .COM section is not available and call again later. I have also sent an email to deliverysupport@safeway.com [I haven’t got any response yet]. I am hoping someone will soon answer my email and refund the amount for the products I didn’t receive. Finally, I see the delivery service as the way to save my time. If I have to spend several hours to connect to customer service and track the missing items; this defeats the purpose of using the service. I would like the refund and I won’t be using this service again!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

First the good: Driver arrived a few minutes after the start of the pickup window, and was courteous enough. Now the bad: I had ordered several bags of red grapes. Many of the grapes that I received were rotting, smashed, unripe, and the ones I ate tasted awful. Nearly every grape in one bag had to be thrown out, as it was simply inedible. I had just previously been to this same store last week, and picked out delicious grapes. I am unsure why the packers cannot make this distinction.

The frozen seafood I ordered felt like it had been sitting out for a few hours. This was not as big of a deal as the grapes, as I was able to immediately transfer the food to my freezer. I am unsure what the procedures are for the packers, or if they have freezers or coolers within the trucks? I e-mailed Safeway a few days ago about my experience, and received the "we will be in touch with you", but to date have not heard from them. Maybe it's just common sense to not order any fruit or veggies - really any food that can be handled directly by packers who do not have oversight, and may not follow proper procedures like hand washing or choosing ripe enough, quality items.

As I dislike going to the grocery store, I will probably use their service again - but not for fruit or veggies. Also, depending on their response (or lack of response) to my e-mail, I will be chomping at the bit to give Amazon Fresh a shot once they are up and running in my area. Safeway really needs to tighten up their procedures, and attention to detail, if they want to retain customers long term.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Was rejected for a simple alcohol purchase by an employee that had no idea what she was doing. After speaking to the manager, he avoided involving himself and showed disdain for being called to the checkstand. Although I had two valid forms of identification, I was rejected because my hair is longer than in my photo. I have contacted customer support, but have received no response. Will not be shopping there in the future.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I live in downtown Seattle so rely on delivery services. This is 5 times now that I have ordered groceries from Safeway delivery and not received my groceries and no call with an update while online it says my stuff is delivered. You then have to wait on hold for over an hour just to talk someone. This most recent situation I ordered my groceries on Sunday for delivery on Tuesday between 9 and 10pm. At 8pm I received a call that they won't deliver my groceries because they are "too busy" and I had to call Customer Service to reschedule. I sat on hold for an hour. Finally received someone who only offered me 4 hour delivery windows during the day while I am at work. I was able to get something scheduled for Thursday between 9-10pm. Thursday night arrives and I have received no call and no delivery and of course their customer service is closed.

It is now 4 days since I placed my order and I still have no groceries. Groceries are something you need so meeting a delivery is critical. I have now had to eat out 3 straight days because I have no groceries and I won't have groceries again tomorrow since they don't do same day delivery. This is the worst customer service imaginable. I highly advise no one use this service. It is horrible consistently missing delivery dates and every order typically is missing an item that you have to contact for a refund.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Worst Safeway (Livermore, CA) I have ever been to. I would give them minus rating if I am allowed. July 27, 2018. First time to feel racism in CA after living there for 20 years. We were in a leisure trip, went to the store at 11 pm. We tried to ask about soda and boy, we met the rudest stocker I have met in my life. We had to look for what we're looking for before she curse or hit us. Yes it was that bad. Next, Lauren, the cashier. As grumpy as it gets. However she had the case of selective grumpiness, she was politically correct with the person before and after us.

We were moving along the line, my wife was pulling the cart while I was paying so we can expedite the process since there were few people in line. Just of the sudden she almost yelled at me asking me to move the cart forward. I answered firmly that my wife is doing just that. Next she asked if we need bags and I answered no thank you. She asked me sarcastically is that a yes or no. What comes next is really funny if it wasn't sad. I asked the bagger to call a manager. Her name I believe was Alissa. Waited for 7 minutes patiently.

Only to find that she went home. They grabbed somebody who claims that he is in charge but not a manager. His name was Tony or Joe. He wasn't even interested to hear what I got to say. Usually, as a courtesy they say I am sorry you felt this way. Not acknowledging any wrongdoing. Not a sorry word from him. Just said that he will let them know in the morning. That was all. The funny thing I found that the headquarters is 10 minutes away from the store. And after reviewing comments on Google, found out that I am not the only one who is treated this way. Will call or go to headquarter tomorrow to see if they even care.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My delivery order was cancelled unexpectedly. According to them, they could not re-deliver that night and they promised to get me my refund for my charge. They "forgot" to record my refund and when I called a second time 7 days later, they had no idea I was due a refund. The local Safeway store manager followed up while I was physically in store. Did he bother to follow up once I left the premises? No.

I have tried to call Safeway Stockton delivery about 12 times since the aborted attempt and most times I have given up since I have waited on hold for 15+ minutes. A couple times when I have gotten through I have been told "the refund is in the mail." But it has now been 14 days later and I still have not received my refund for original charge. Multiple Safeway employees have just not cared in the slightest or else dropped the ball after a slight bit of worry. Either way, I have not gotten my ** refund! Give me my stupid refund already so I can move forward with my life!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Safeway American Canyon, CA 94503 - I recently moved to American Canyon, CA. We only have two choices for grocery purchases, Wal-Mart Superstore and Safeway. The Wal-Mart always seems dirty and the Safeway was the worst managed I have ever seen. Yesterday, at lunchtime the deli, hot food and sandwich station was staffed by one person. Five people waiting for sandwiches, three for deli service and two for hot food. After waiting 10 minutes for deli service I gave up. The store has no self-checkout facilities and is chronically understaffed, today only three checkout lanes open each with five or six people in line.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I don’t like doing these reviews because I feel one experience should never dampen an entire brand. However, I have changed my mind because I feel this should be an important lesson to businesses. I have shopped at this store for at least five years. Never have I experienced anything like this. Never have I experienced anything like this, ever, in the entire time I have lived in Phoenix and shopped at any store. It disturbed, upset, and angered me. On Saturday, June 9th, I did my usual shopping here. My mother and I go every Saturday, sometimes more than once a week, to this very store to shop for groceries.

I was in the shampoo aisle looking at items when a man with a clipboard approached me and asked how I was doing. I said fine. He then proceeded to tell me two of his employees identified me as someone who stole from his store. That I stole diapers several times. Shocked was the only way I could describe this. At first I thought it was a joke so I asked him if he was serious and he said yes he was. My shock turned to anger and I just remember becoming very upset. I didn’t know how to react to this. First, he never identified himself. I had to ask him who he was. His name was Larry and he told me that was his store. I demanded he tell me the names of the two employees and he refused and told me he didn’t have to do anything. I argued with him for about 10 minutes. I still find this hard to write about because I’m still angry, upset and hurt about it. Disgusted. He was arrogant.

The fact that I had to justify my innocence to this person still has me nauseated, sick to my stomach. After about 10 minutes of me telling him that they were mistaken and I shopped there every Saturday, he apologized and walked away, but I informed him I would be lodging a formal complaint. It felt like his accusing me was just nothing to be swept under the rug. I went to customer service and asked to speak to the person in charge of the store. One of the ladies there said the director wasn’t in, but she took down my information. Not good enough, so I called corporate when I got home and spoke to the representative, telling them what happened to me. She seemed sympathetic and told me she would have the director call me when he was available.

He called me two days later and I again explained what happened. He seemed shocked and upset and told me that what happened was not their procedure. He apologized to me, but I can’t help feeling that this was just not enough. I never want to go back to that store, ever. After years of loyalty, and thousands of dollars I spent there, this occurred and I feel sick about it. Those who live in downtown Phoenix know that we have little options in the way of grocery stores, so now I have to go way out of my way to find another grocery store chain. This is an experience I won’t soon forget, and again, I just feel sick about the entire thing. I really hope those employees are dealt with, because that manager and those employees were simply in the wrong.

Original review: May 6, 2018

While waiting to put my groceries on conveyor I let the man in front of me know he had room for his 24 pk. of bottled water, she then gave me the most awful glare. Then as we waited again Manerva asked me in a rude manner if I was ok. I responded, "I dont' know. We'll see." Meaning depending on her further attitude and level of customer service. It didn't get any better in fact I thought it necessary to let her know her customer service was awful and at that point refused service instead of trying to remedy my complaint. Then I asked to speak to the manager, she called someone then I waited 3 mins when she received a call. They extracted their info and I was told the manager went to lunch but I can wait if I want. I let them know how cowardly it was not to have anyone I can talk to. Then I left and went to Albertsons.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Safeway-3902 Washington Blvd, Fremont CA. I was at the deli on 5/4/2018 around 5pm and was being helped. A Asian lady screamed "water" near the in window for ordering-sandwiches. This staff (** lady with glasses) screamed from the other side "you can say please, **!" The staff gave her a bottle of water from the fridge and the customer had her money out to pay. Then the staff yelled "you're still standing here? You can go to the front because I'm too busy." The customer did not understand and stood there, again, the staff starting yelling and mumbling, the customer then left the counter and left the water. I was shocked! The deli was busy but everyone deserves respect even if you are having a bad day.

I work at the Health Center across the street from the Safeway store and never had I seen this kind of treatment. We (health center) deal with underprivileged people everyday with bigger issues. Also, as a ex-Safeway employee for 10 years, I think this staff should be fired. Please keep in mind that excellent customer service in the retail industry is an absolute necessity. Without the right people on your staff, you’re not going to be able to maintain and grow a successful, and respected business.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Pacific Avenue Stockton CA 95209 - This staff member's name in question is Matt. I have been shopping at Safeway since 2012 diligently and have never had issues with returns until today when I decided to return some items and was faced with Matt. He told me to make sure to bring a receipt next time and I told him I never had to produce a receipt since I’m a club member, all he needs to do is call the member number and verify the items because I cannot guarantee I’ll be holding on to every receipt I get for each purchase. And his eyes got wide and he got really upset and started raising his voice saying, "How dare you challenge me? I work here and I’m telling you to come with a receipt next time."

I stood my ground and said, "I can’t guarantee that, and please don’t talk to me like that, who do you think you are screaming at?" Next thing I knew he called security and said, "I want you out of my store, I’m the manager" and I told him he shouldn’t be dealing with customers with that attitude. He said “get out of my store” and security cams and told me to leave. "Leave now! That’s the door!" I have never felt so humiliated in all my life. And I have since filed a complaint with the cooperate Office. No customer deserves to be humiliated over nothing. Just watch out for this guy called Matt. He has a temper and an ego that is very unfit for customer service.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Safeway in Auburn is usually a great store... unless Cindy is helping you. She is ALWAYS very rude, unfriendly and constantly unpleasant. She never smiles, she is very short and stern, and half the time doesn’t hand out monopoly tickets unless asked. I’m surprised she hasn’t been fired yet!! She has terrible customer service on every occasion and makes me not want to shop at Safeway.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have used Safeway's delivery service for years. Tomorrow's will be the last. The prices have suddenly gone through the roof. $4.09 for a half gallon of milk and that is just one of the examples. About 90% of my order, things I've ordered for months, was strangely and ridiculously overpriced. I will not be gouged and will find another service.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I went in (Safeway Willow Pass) on 04/10/2018 to pick up Western Union. I was waiting at the customer service desk for at least 30 min. One of the front end managers came over and saw that I was holding a Western Union paper and said "OH **! I DON'T HOW TO DO WESTERN UNION." Then she said, "Hi. I'm sorry but I don't know how to do Western Union." So I asked for the store manager and the assistant store manager Maritza or Sam. Her name tag says Maritza but the other lady called her Sam. The assistant store manager don't know how to do Western Union. So I asked her, "There's not a single person in this store can help me right now?" and she said, "No. I work for Safeway company and something so simple not any manager or employee can help me with it." I asked her, "How did you guys become managers?" and she just rolled her eyes and walked off. Embarrassing!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I visited Safeway on Stevens Creek and Lawrence on Sunday, April 8, 2018. I visited the meat department and I met “Sam”. He gave me an excellent service. Because of him I recommended to all my friends who are all “meat/beef eaters”. He deserves a 10/10.

Original review: March 31, 2018

My Safeway grocery delivery experience has been the worst customer service I have encountered. They sent the wrong order. They didn’t substitute items or try to contact us via email, text or phone that they wouldn’t be able to deliver several items ordered. The worst part is over 2 days & three phone calls in which I held on the line for over 20 Min. each. time; only once did someone answer. They really could care less. I won’t ever use this service again.

Safeway Company Information