Safeway

Compare Grocery Stores

Research top Grocery Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The staff at Safeway is most helpful. The wait times are less than in Walgreens and, because it is a small department, the service is better. The vaccine program is excellent and efficient.

I came into Enumclaw Safeway and mentioned calling earlier to customer service and they said they were willing to return my items after I got off work at 1 am. The manager came up and immediately split all the plastic cutlery on the ground and started laughing at me when he stepped on the silverware saying I don't have all of them so he wouldn't do the return! I was speechless. He then put them back into my original bag. He ripped open and shoved them into my arms saying, "You can try to make it happen tomorrow with customer service."

He then turned around and was laughing with his co-workers about his experience, calling me a dumb ** drug addict when I've never done or been around them in my life. I've had cystic acne in my family and me all my life and so he used this to further discourage me, knowing I was only 6 feet away!! I have probably spent a third of my income at Safeway my whole life... I have never ever been fraternized like this never even in school.

I've spent the last 2 years of my life caretaking my father with his amputated leg and not having a retirement. I'm the only thing keeping the house afloat and all other bills. His name is **. He works at Enumclaw Safeway as a night stocking manager in the AM and I have never ever been this humiliated or depressed in my entire life. This is the last thing I need at this point in this struggle for happiness. I'm so scarred by this, I'm just done with everything and everyone. Maybe this is just too much. I don't know what to do.

When I say this I am dead serious. I have officially lost all hope. and I am not going to work. In a few hours I am done. I've never ever been sad or depressed in my life I'm always happy go lucky but these two years and now this Safeway scar. That's it, I'm done. I don't know why I'm doing this but if you need to reply to this. My address is **. May God bless you, all who heard this and I apologize if I rambled on.

5/5/2017 Lincoln City, OR Safeway. Purchased a baked chicken that tasted blah. (I could be more graphic) I looked at tag on the chicken and found it had been heated for 10 hours! Industry std is 4 to 5 hours max. Apparently this store does not check how long food is left under heat lamps! Be sure to check times before you buy cooked items.

As a new resident in Duvall, WA I have never been treated fairly by the employees. I have spoken to the day manager about this matter. I am **. I find it more comfortable shopping at the Redmond Safeway. In Duvall, there is no exchange of small talk as I have heard and seen done with ** customers. When I need assistance, there is very little assistance where the employees are curt. There have been times when I have been followed while I shopped or asked many many times if I needed assistance.

This past weekend I sent two of my friends who were visiting as I prepared dinner. They are of Asian descent. They returned with the same complaint and feelings I have experienced. I have to travel out of my way to Safeway in Redmond, WA in order to feel comfortable. Why can't I be treated fairly in the Duvall, WA location? I have decided to continue shopping at the Duvall, WA Safeway. Guess the employees just have to get used to me! Should I notify KING5?

This last Sunday, April 30, 2017, at 9 AM the Georgetown Safeway store had only two checkout lines open (the non-express lanes) and those snaked up into the aisles. It’s bad enough that the store was woefully understaffed on a Sunday morning, but when I left the line to inform management, they first ignored me to continue their personal conversation, then proceeded to be extremely rude to me after I informed them of the long lines. I have been shopping here for over the 30 years and have never witnessed such rude and unprofessional behavior. Being short staffed is never an excuse to be rude to patrons, especially ones who are trying to be helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safeway?

I had to go back at least 2-3x in a month. I'd go there after ordering thru their app to find out nothing was filled. I like the pharmacist but, the techs seem like they don't know what's going on in person or on the phone. I shouldn't have to call the Dr when the prescription wasn't good, they're supposed to fax the Dr.

Sometimes they have to be reminded when they have to do the refills. So calls have to be make. I use them mostly so I can laid costs back from my employer.

First - my delivery people have all been well mannered, respectful, and helpful and no complaints with them. But when I shop online I plan my meals often times with the current ads. However, when I ordered a Hormel spiral sliced ham for Easter dinner advertised for $1.37 per pound but the same brand ham delivered was $2.49 per pound, I had to refuse it. I learned the hard way that the ads and delivery item prices don't always match. And I still don't understand how to use ad coupons. Very disappointed.

My mom works at Safeway so I know what goes on back there. The management is horrible and you have to be there right on time. Otherwise they give you a warning because they dont want you to be there too early or too late just because they dont wanna pay you overtime!!! AT THE SAFEWAY MY MOM WORKS AT THE BREAD SLICER IS MISSING A SLICER SO WHEN YOU GET TO THE END IT SHAKES LIKE CRAZY!!! And they dont let the employees slice the baguettes!!!

AND MY MOM SAYS IT'S SO BAD THAT SHE DOESNT WANT TO GO BACK AFTER HER SHIFT IS OVER TO SHOP!!! We still shop there though. The employees are nice but not the management!!! But it's still a good place to shop even if the management is bad. They also have crazy hours and thats all for Safeway complaints.

I shop at Safeway every week and the lines at this store are always long at the check out counters. Today it was maybe 2 counters open out of 7 and 30 customers waiting at both counters. I've to Chevy Chase Maryland and Bethesda Maryland Safeway stores and all counters are waiting for customers to check out. The service at this store isn't at all good. The staff is not friendly and the lines are always long. There's no soup or salad bar. I did call customer service and they replied that they were gonna take care of it but, still no results. I'll start shopping at Shoppers.

Willits, Ca. Safeway Store - So many issues. 1. Staff shortage, existing staff awesome but way over worked. 2. Constantly out of sale items. 3. Vendors decide merchandise not customer requests. Phone calls to home office produce no results. 4. U Click coupons suck, no cell service in my area and I won't cut out the stupid coupons. The Reward Card was supposed to do away with coupons! 5. Being told we'll have it tomorrow, no I don't want a rain check I can't eat a rain check, when I live 50 miles away and they are the closest and only chain store. Another 25 miles to the next store. 6. Tiny cans of gourmet cat food when rural areas usually have more than 1/2 of a cat! 7. Agreeing with the other Customers as they complain while waiting in line. Unbelievable that they can stay in business like this... Only because of lack of competition! Help us Raley's!!!

17246 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA, 98052: The (one) public bathroom had no toilet paper; someone had left a roll of brown paper towels on the ground as an apparent substitute--in a grocery store! The toilet was filled with the same, as, not surprisingly, it could not be flushed. Given that the large bathroom garbage can had no lid, it is entirely possible that some of the paper towels in there were also covered in feces, which would, of course, be a major public health hazard. If this was not bad enough, when I went to check out, it took 4 or 5 tries to use the card reader, as the software kept choosing options (such as an undesired $40 cash back) before I could do so with the stylus. This has been an ongoing problem on multiple machines. This store has always had obscenely long lines, making it already annoying, but this was disgusting and pathetic. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

PS I want to specify that I have never had any issue with any checker or customer service employee. However, this store is obscenely poorly managed and not worth the seeming convenience of shopping here if close by.

Shopping at Safeway in Kapaa, bought O Organics chicken breasts. Froze as soon as I got groceries home. Three days later thaw chicken to make dinner and found one of the breasts was rotten. Making it totally inedible. Not expecting that from what should be a great healthy product. Nasty.

I have been shopping at the Bailey Park Plaza Safeway for 30 years, but I quit as of tonight!!! The lines have gotten so long that I won't shop there anymore. There was one checker with about 20 people in line at 9pm tonight! This often happens in the evening. I plan to take my business elsewhere where the customer is appreciated!

Store on 298 King St at 11 pm 02/04/17 I asked to ** (shift leader, Chinese guy) for some cokes because the shelf ran out of sodas and he responded "If you want it come back tomorrow." and I asked to him if they have in the storage and he replied yes but he won't get for me... fortunately ** was around listening ** conduct and attitude and she apologize for her leader conduct and went to get our sodas. Safeway is an excellent stores with outstanding customer service but this ** is someone who cannot be a good representative of Safeway. Horrible service.

Safeway pharmacies fail to report ALL controlled substance medications dispensed by their stores as required by Oregon state law within 72 hours of dispensing. Pharmacists claim that it is the corporation's computer system, but no one is fixing it. Letter to the corporate office went unanswered. Complaints to the Oregon Board of Pharmacy get nowhere; they are an inept agency that only protects other pharmacists. Violations of ORS 431.964 don't matter to them, even while there is an opioid epidemic and prescribers rely on the Oregon Prescription Drug Monitoring Program to determine when such medications were filled and who wrote them, etc. Safeway cares little about law and more about their profits! They are as bad as some drug pushers--profits outweigh lives!

I moved all my Rxs from Walmart due to the average wait time of an hour or more. I like this place much better. I get my refills right away with hardly any wait. It's a more personalized service, they know me by name, let me know of any changes or concerns.

Safeway fulfills my expectations nicely, but not exceptionally. I would like to see longer hours, but they do keep fairly normal hours. They also seem to have a high turnover of pharmacists, but all have been nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. Prices seem good to me, as well.

Went in to buy grapes that were on sale and the lines were horribly long. This is in Woodland Park, CO. They have removed their self checkout which I always used so I was forced to stand in the line all the other disgusted people were in. Put the grapes back, went to buy a lotto ticket and there was one person in front of me. The girl behind the counter told her it would just be a minute and she was sorry, then she went to check out all the people that were in her line. I ended up leaving. Not only are there prices outrageously high but their customer service is horrible. Why would you remove all the self checkouts? Going to City Market, sales are much better and they are very friendly and have self checkouts.

Ever since my family and I (my wife and children) started having our prescriptions brought to them they have always been personable. They're professional, knowledgeable, helpful, well mannered, kind, friendly, and accurate. They always made sure the prescription matched us, and they have always counseled us on the dosage and warnings. Now they know us by name, they make sure our prescriptions are filled before we run out. They apologize when they are backed up, or even when they are waiting on a doctor's office to validate our prescription. And might I add they hardly have to apologize because of their punctuality. Though I am not a fan of Safeway (the grocery store), I would definitely encourage anyone to use the Safeway Pharmacy.

Their staff is pleasant and helpful. They also go the extra mile! The staff is always able to answer my questions and explain the medications - generally better than my doctor can! Their knowledge is more current, I believe.

My family and myself will never shop at Safeway again. My mother bought me a face product that was 10.00. It was not the brand I use and I helped her search for the receipt. We could not find it. I went back to the Safeway store in Litchfield Park Arizona to EXCHANGE the product for the brand I use. I was not asking for a REFUND just an exchange. The rude worker said, "Sorry no receipt no exchange." I asked to speak to the store manager. The worker tells him it's a high price item and that I don't have a receipt. I explained the situation to the store manager. He was so RUDE. I said 10.00 is a high priced item? He said, "No exchange" started to walk away. I said, "Sir you are rude and I will contact your corporate office." He kept walking away. I contacted Safeway corporate office and no one ever responded. Horrible store, horrible employees!!

The Snohomish Wa Safeway employees are great! I can't thank Dana in the floral dept enough as she put together yet another wonderful arrangement of flowers for me. She has helped me pick out vases/containers & flowers for numerous occasions including the many deaths our family has had to endure, all the while guiding me through the process of making my choices with confidence & her caring ways. Thank you!

Their prices are high considering the run of the mill selection. Top dollar for staple goods. Checkers are not accurate. It is not unusual to be charged higher prices at checkout than is advertised or is shelf-labeled.

The service was what made it special. Customer service is something that is getting rare. A smile, a pleasant response, full answers, correct grammar, listening/giving your full attention are a few of the qualities of customer service we had at Safeway.

My Safeway store is great...!!! I know the employees by name and they are always willing to help - No rudeness like at some stores because they may be tired or had a long day. They always greet you and if you have an issue with a product, they resolve it without any hassles.

Most of the employees are helpful, but the Just for U program is frustrating. Many times I've added items to my Just for U list, but I don't get the discounted price. Also, about 1/3 of the times, prices are incorrect on the register and I need to go to Customer Service to get refunded. There's typically a longish wait since others are also in line, waiting for help to correct register issues or waiting for the store rep to appear from behind their closed office door. That said, the store rep has always been good and polite about correcting/fixing the problem.

I recently purchased many bottles of wine over the Holidays and when we opened 4 of them they were corked. This is not the first time that we've bought wine at the Mountain Blvd. store that was corked when we opened it. We had guests over for dinner, and it was embarrassing to have to keep apologizing and opening different bottles, only for them to taste fizzy and be corked. Had they been the same brand wine, then I might understand that the entire batch was off, but they were different brands. It's a disgrace, and it ruined our evening as we had to run out to the grocery store on one of the busiest nights of the year while our guests waited for dinner at home.

This grocery store is always clean and well-organized. They have great selection of products, including house brands. The in-house bakery is greatly appreciated, as the products are fresh, and not pre-packaged. Highly recommended!

Overall I am very pleased with my shopping experience at Safeway. I live in Hawaii & even though they have a wide variety of food in their deli section the selections are mostly if not all are local dishes. I love living here but am not a big fan of the local foods. Also I have a favorite cake they have in their bakery & it is not consistently available even after we ask about it.

Safeway Company Profile