1.58/5
Based on 80 reviews that contain star ratings

135 Ralph's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ralph's Market in Thousand Oaks, Ca. is deleting brand name products, and is substituting Kroger Brands. Bought a can of Kroger fruit cocktail to make ambrosia as a dessert, and unfortunately had to throw it out. No fruit taste whatsoever, and some of the fruit was very hard. I was considered Ralph's best customer, but at this point, will do my shopping at another market that is not owned by KROGER.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Alex-New Manager Complaint. The new Manager Alex was very rude to me and confronted me tonight about a return I made last night. She had no right bringing up a return I made the night before. She said, "I heard you had quite a large return last night." I said, no. It was just three things, she said, "Well it was a really expensive return, I heard it was $50", Alex then Said next time I need to do a return I need to bring in the rotten food to get a refund, that She needs to see the expired product. I was told in the past by the other manager John That I can do a return with just the receipt. Then when I did the return another manager said to just bring in the label so Ralph's can get refunded for the product I’m returning, which is fine.

I talked with the manager Daniel today and he told me to meet with Alex to get some deli meat because you were all out of the Italian sub kits. If I knew I was going to get harassed and feel threatened by Alex then I would not have came in, I would have just went to a different store to get the lunch meat. So over the last eight months every time I shop at this Ralph's in Encinitas something is always either not fresh or goes bad in a few days with the expiration date and now I have been harassed about my return by Alex.

I don’t feel like returning to Ralph's ever again because of the way I was treated by Alex. Alex would not even admit that your store has a problem with expiring food on the shelves and acted like it’s my problem I’m getting old food. I even took her to the lunch meat island and showed her some rotten lunch meat still on the floor from when I was there last night. I spend around $600 to $700 a month at this Ralph's and now I’m being forced to shop at Vons or some other grocery store in the area. I’ve been shopping at this Ralph's for 10 years and I’ve never received such rotten customer service here before this. Alex is the worst manager I have ever met. You just lost a great customer.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I came in to the Ralph's in Riverside a few days before Christmas and bought 5 gift cards. Supposedly they were put into a bag with a coffee cup (this is what the book keeper said after watching footage) and handed to me. I got home 25 minutes later and the gift cards weren't in my bag. Coffee cup was there but no cards. I called immediately and the clerk who answered the phone laughed and asked how I didn't notice I didn't have them. She told me to hang on and she would go look and she never came back on the line I called again and explained everything over and was told oh well we cant do anything call back tom when a manager was in. I was appalled. You mean to tell me there was nothing they could do? I called the next day and was told to call corporate.

I called corporate and they traced the sale, gave me the gift card number and told me to call the merchant that the gift cards were for. After 2 hours on the phone the merchant told me they couldn't refund them or cancel them out because I didn't have the pin and I should call Ralph's again and see if they could help. What a joke! I sent Ralph's corporate office a message and they simply responded with your Rewards card you used doesn't match your day. Sorry for your experience. I have used my mom's card for the last 4 years! I will NEVER go back and will tell everybody about this terrible experience. Hope someone enjoyed my hard earned money! I will never know the truth about where those cards went.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I am filing a complaint about the Ralph's at 5225 Canyon Crest Dr, Riverside CA 92507. The Cashier ** very rude and impolite to the customers and made a terrible experience. I went to the cashier desk and said "How are you doing?" to **, he pretended he did not hear it and ignored me. After asking me whether I have a Ralph's rewards card, I said "Yes sir" and handed my key chain to him for scanning. After he is done, he rudely threw my key chain to the corner of the table and I had no way to reach it. In the meantime, he was just talking with another cashier and laughing. It was the other customer behind me who helped me grabbed my key chain and returned it to me.

This cashier ** made me very angry and unpleasant. What's even worse was that after I noticed that he forgot to put the green bags points to my rewards account, I went back to him and politely asked whether he could help fix this. He then turned around and started to grab COINS from the cashier machine and said "it will just save you five dimes, here you go...". I was standing there and felt being humiliated. Is this what Ralph's call Customer Service when an employee treat their customer as beggar? Is this what Ralph's call Customer Satisfaction when the customer feel seriously offended and humiliated? I really hope Ralph's or Kroger can take action to prevent this from happening. That cashier ** working at Ralph', located at 5225 Canyon Crest Dr, Riverside CA, is ruining the customer experience as well as the reputation of Ralph's and Kroger company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Rude employee in Starbucks self serve area... asked for a sample coffee. Was handed a cold sample so I made mention, "this is lukewarm." Was answered back... by young male. "It's free isn't it?" The other night a human ** was left on the sink the size of King Kong... manager slow to act did nothing. I bought chicken tenders by the company Purdue... already cooked. Opened the package right after purchasing it. It smelled from here to holy hell. Was reading reviews here about this store and was shocked about spoiled meat purchased by three different brands... at this same store. Went to return it. It was only 2.99. Checker denies return and turns it over to new bald headed manager... who also will not return it despite the smell coming from the newly purchased package of tenders which contained about ten pieces uneaten.

I did not care if I got a credit or cash. He would do neither. So I took it back to another store and had no problem with the return... last time I shop at Ralph's Westchester... and this Ralph's is a very nosey one where they try to figure out who you are and stand outside to monitor that car you get in and make reference how now you are going to the toilet which the other night has a seven inch human ** on the sink in the men's room with girth like a man's appendage that this same manager did nothing about... and then questions are asked like that is your name which is none of their business. Or you go to check out in the self checkout and comments are Lord give me air.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ralphs?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I’m a tourist and went to Ralph's Culver City, LA. The guy who was packing the items stole some items and I noticed when I arrived at my accommodation, I purchased a lot of things and didn’t see what’s missing only when I searched for it at home, it’s my mistake I know but this never happened to me in any place I visited in my life. Very cheap and will never visit again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Passed around from employee to employee for a return that should have taken a minute to process turned into a harass fest...nasty behavior on received Bento Box current merchandise in store...eventually leading to Checker Karen ** trying to stop return because she is obviously deranged...screaming at me that she is not a dog...she is not a dog! With teeth bared into ugly grimace after she ordered me into another line that she refused to wait on me. I dont know her except when I returned a salad with a bug in it to the manager she took it and ate it to be gross.

All Checkers are held hostage until Shanika, manager gives the word to process the return with every excuse made not to return it. "It's not the right price." "That's not the right receipt." "That isn't our merchandise." "We don't carry this...go back where you bought it." Enter Vanessa to stand in for Ed on conference call and Juice product guy trying to get Ed on the phone to come down. No name badge on Shanika...told by passive employee to go ask her then laughing...disgusting place.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Passed around from employee to employee for a return that should have taken a minute to process turned into a harass fest... Read screenshot attached to get better idea of nasty behavior on received Bento Box current merchandise in store. Eventually leaving to Checker Karen ** trying to stop return because she is obviously deranged... Screaming at me that she is not a dog... She is not a dog! With teeth bared into ugly grimace after she ordered me into another line that she refused to wait on me.

I don't know her except when I returned a salad with a bug in it to the manager. She took it and ate it to be gross. All checker are held hostage until Shanika gives the word to process the return with every excuse made not to return it. It's not the right price. That's not the right receipt. That isn't our merchandise. We don't carry this. Go back where you bought it. Enter Vanessa to stand in for Ed on conference call and Juice product guy trying to get Ed on the phone to come down. No name badge on Shanika. Told by passive employee to go ask her then laughing. Disgusting place.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

This review details my very negative experience at Ralph's at 670 S Western Ave, 90005, specifically the people in the ticketing booths there. It is my hope that managers reading this will take action to the person (detailed below) at the ticketing booth and reprimand/fire that employee. If not, they can expect this review to be posted publicly on all social media sites, and places where Ralph's is reviewed, AND where the higher ups can see it.

Story: This happened on August 23rd at around 5 pm and the ticket booth person was a ** Male in his late 30's/early 40's. I am an Uber driver. I drive people everywhere. I drove my client to a the Wells Fargo on this particular Ralph's to make a withdraw. I got a ticket from the booth. The time I was there WAS UNDER 5 MINUTES! I stress this now as this will be important.

I flip a quick u-turn to exit of the ticket booth so we can head out. The guy checks my ticket and says, "I cannot let you through." Wait what? He says I need a validation. I explain I am an Uber driver and it was a pickup (my Uber trade dress CLEARLY shown) and I was under 5 min. "Please let me through." He refused and said I can wait. This was the only exit know to me and I was stacked 4-5 cars behind me. Did I have to buy something??? I'm working, I'm not blocking all this traffic and spending money I'm trying to earn to feed my family!!!

He said, "That, or you can go to the ticketing booth on the other side." Again, there were 4 cars behind me!!! I was between a slab of raised concrete that stretched 20 feet and the ticketing booth. (I thought: I was trapped, AND THIS GUY, ME FOLLOWING ALL THE RULES AND SEEING THE PREDICAMENT IM IN, WON'T PRESS A ** BUTTON TO LET ME THROUGH???) I was angry, so was my passenger for me witnessing all this, and so were all the people behind me. "Don't worry, they'll let you through." Wtf??? I have to wait for 5 min for everyone to slowly reverse, them nearly crashing into each other because of this idiot ticket booth person won't push a button?

I reverse and because of the cars' orientation and that of those behind me, as I reverse, I end up scratching my Prius against the raised concrete. I. Am. PISSED!!! I nearly hit the driver behind me as there is so little room offered, and I feel bad for everyone in the process. After another 3-4 minutes of reversing and maneuvering with cars, I FINALLY GET OUT to the other side and am let through.

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE THIS!!! I was willing to offer a small compensation even, if asked, because I wanted to just continue on with my drives and my day. But this ** Male just has to make life hell. I bet you ANYTHING I'm not his first victim. I bet he takes a joy in making people suffer like this. Well, I'm here to stop people from coming to this Ralph's with this review until that ticket employee is fired. For clarity, I have no doubt that this Ralph's itself is a friendly one, but I CANNOT allow this ticketing booth employee to continue to create toxic experiences for the guests of Ralph's. Again, please take action against this employee. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Regarding Ralph's 10861 Weyburn Ave 310 824 5994. MGR: **. Complaint of ID theft. I went to Ralph's supermarket located in Westwood (California) located directly opposite the UCLA campus at close to 3:00 pm on a busy Saturday... I went to return/exchange a can opener and I'm not fussy. I just wanted a summer lunch bag of equal value. I was told by ** front end manager that the new policy is I document my ID driver's license in a big binder before he would allow an exchange. I was turned away by a female checker in the fast lane who also would not do an exchange or return or credit because she was reprimanded three times by the manager already. So I had to get in line a third time and met another manager Q... and he at first said I could do the return exchange with no problem.

After waiting in an endless line at 3:32 pm he said I had to produce a driver's license that he would take down the information in a book and when I said, "That's ID theft," he took the bag away from me and said he would not do the transaction. I then went to another Ralph's Culver City store 86 and could get nowhere that I needed a receipt... that my can opener was just too expensive to give me a credit slip. When I got a drink from Starbucks at Manhattan Village Ralph's Manhattan Beach that is the new healthy cocoa drink it was the worst thing I ever tasted. I was told to get a refund at the Ralph's checkout and was told by female front end manager to call Starbucks to get the refund. I was told the same thing when returning a Starbucks water bottle with receipt. Until I got mean.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Ralph's is clean, organized, well-stocked. They have fresh veggies and fruit and great selection of frozen food products. Lots of new products to try, good prices on paper goods.

Original review: May 23, 2018

After leaving UCLA emergency clinic in Santa Monica, we stopped at this Ralph's Pharmacy at 7221 Woodman, Van Nuys, to be told they could not fill the prescription because it was five minutes from closing and they did not have enough time to set up the prescription and fulfill it...

Original review: May 12, 2018

I rarely complain about Ralph's, but this experience should Not have happened to a Real, Honest, Paying Customer! I went to this Ralph's located at: 17840 Ventura Boulevard, Encino, California 91316 at approximately 12:40 p.m. today being Friday, May 11, 2018 because I took a Yoga Class just about a mile or so down the street and was hungry and this was the closest location to get to.

Well, when I went inside there was a woman named ** working at one of the counters who was nice to me by offering ME a sample of cheese. There was No Problem there, however, when I went over to one of the salad bars, I wanted to try just a sample of the Grape Leaves because the Ralph's where I live does not sell them. Furthermore, I did use the metal utensil in order to pick it up and placed the grape leave on the counter and then I put the utensil back and then I used my hand to pick up the grape leave and put it in my mouth. As soon as I did that ** (the Female Employee that gave me the sample of cheese earlier on) comes up to me and falsely and wrongfully accuses me of using my hand to go into the bowl where the grape leaves were and take one (1) of them out with my hands and then tells ME that if I do it again, she will throw me out!

I was Very Angry, Offended, Insulted and Humiliated by ** for doing Absolutely Nothing Wrong and She LIED To ME The Whole Time! I did Not Complain about the incident because I was still hungry and did not want to cause a scene and so I just went ahead with my business and went to another counter and ordered my Tuna Fish Sandwich, paid for it and left! However, based on this horrible, disgusting, customer service experience that was displayed towards me from **, I Will NOT be going back to that Ralph's location anymore! I am not into liars or haters or bigots or prejudice people! Thank you. Angry, Upset And Pissed Off Loyal Ralph's Customer For Over 20 Years.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I went to this location (RALPH'S AT 3827 Culver Ctr, Culver City, CA 90232) two months ago. I had some coupons that the corporate office sent my household to use. I went to purchase my staff with these coupons. While I'm checking out, I discovered that I did not have my credit card, so I left my groceries with the cashier (** lady) along with my coupons, and I told her that I would be back with my credit card which I had to bring from home. She agreed that she would keep my stuff till I come back along with my coupons.

When I came back the same day after almost an hour, I did not find my groceries or even my coupons. Politely, I asked that cashier for just my coupons, but I was shocked to find her declining to give them back to me. She wanted to keep them for herself. I called the corporate office to complain, they filed a complaint for me against that store, and they confirmed that the store manager would contact me to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, no one contacted me till now (almost two month).

Today, I was there doing some grocery purchases. When I was going through the check out with a cashier, she treated me in a very aggressive way. She was throwing my stuff everywhere while I was checking out. When I got upset, and asked why she was doing that, she said this is how she was. I lost some of my stuff due to the action that was done aggressively by the cashier. When I called to talk to the manager, I was put in hold forever, so I had to hang up. No professional customer service practices are run in that place, and moreover, no real management is found there.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The checkers are really nice. The people who bag are unfriendly. Good selection of items. Better than any other market. Clean and neat. Manager asked if you need help. Pasadena Lake store.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

There are some things that I can only get at this grocery store. They are also very consistent. Their apples and their sweet onions are exceptional (produce in general is) and this is all the time. They have all that I need and like at this store. The only problem is they are a little pricier so I have to go to Walmart too.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

It really means a lot to be able to walk into Ralph’s local store and have the employees recognize you and treat you as if you were a friend. Not only that they are very helpful and overall just pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I have always shopped at Ralph’s, but as of late the fact that Kroger owns Ralph's, and Ralph's is slowly but surely using more and more of the Kroger line of products, and there are many from sponges to tuna dip and I also believe that one day in the not so distant future that is all they will carry. That is not freedom of choice or of any sort.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I've just completed my shopping & usually I go to the self check out but this one time I didn't because I was purchasing alcohol, so I looked at the check out lanes to see which one was the shortest & seen it was lane #10 or was it #11??? On 3-15-17 between 7 & 7:30 pm. The cashier is a fat boy by the name of Boris who works in Burbank Ralph's on Buena Vista/Hollywood way. As I got into his lane just as he was finishing up with a customer, he told me to leave & go to the other register. I felt offended. It was such a horrible feeling. I walked around the store... I remember thinking maybe he's closing up, but as I came back around he had customers in his lane. I don't know or understand why he would do that to me???

I brought it to the attention of a store manager by the name of Rosie??? She tries to cover it up by telling me some BS, but I told her it was unacceptable & that I wasn't going to back down & let this go. She never told me the director was on vacation. I found out from Josh who I believe is covering for Al ** while on vacation. Josh listened to me & told me he would look at the video & offered me gift card which I greatly appreciate. In time I will pick up. Boris needs to be reprimanded! 1 week pay! I know he wouldn't want his mother treated that way. I'm an adult now, so to handle situations like I've done before would just be wrong. I'd rather make him feel it in his wallet than in his jaw because if this had been 20 years ago... I would have caved his face in. I refuse to tell my son about this little incident. Please handle this one corporate. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Most of the employees are friendly. There's one man, holds his tongue but looks at you like you're a moron and to draw attention to his displeasure with you. He shuts down the conveyor until he deems everything is to his liking. He is one of the most arrogant people I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I love the fact that they have a program that gives a percentage of sales to charities that have been vetted. Our small nonprofit at the local senior center has a couple dozen participants and their purchases give the group a few hundred dollars yearly that we would not have otherwise. I also like our newly remodeled store in Irvine, CA. The cheese selection alone is worth a special visit. The bakery is really nice too, and they have some cake designs that belong on the foodie channels. The produce section is maintained well too. I hate to get home and find out that the berries in my basket are all smooshed or overripe underneath the top berries. This does not happen at Ralph's, and I have shopped at many of them. I also have shopped Kroger's when I have traveled to Oregon, and they are superior markets also.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have to eat gluten free foods and they have a pretty good selection probably cheaper than Whole Foods and it is closer to me. Of course all gluten free products are much higher than the ones with gluten and other way to take advantage of our needs.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

The self checkout woman have some major attitude let me tell you. They are mean, cruel and nasty to deal with. They act like they own the store and are total brown-nose ** especially the one who was working at The Ralphs on Sunset in Hollywood around 5:30 pm. Get a life woman. You should be fired. How dare you treat me like I'm stupid and stare at me with your nasty arms crossed. I have been shopping for many years at this store. I was not stealing an apple you crazy nut. I just typed in the wrong # code for the fruit. Give me a break and be nice. Nastiness will certainly come back to haunt you!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Visited Ralph's store #131 on 9/14/2016. Didn't receive my $40 cash back upon paying with a debit card. Called Customer service telephone # the same day. Nobody answered the phone. Is that telephone # worth anything? Returned the following day, and spoke to the manager on duty by the name Sonia. She was very courteous and took down the info with a promise to call me back the following day after the accountant would checks the register receipt. NEVER CALLED BACK!!!

Original review: June 27, 2016

I bought a salmon fillet on Ralph's in El Segundo - CA and after 1 hour I started to throw up and feel very bad. Food poisoning. I cannot understand how they can sell a food that is out of date.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I was at Ralph's, 380 East 17th Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92627 where I submitted a credit card application. Since the application has very sensitive information I handed the application personally to the manager identified as manager called **. As I handed the application to that young man, I requested that he would be careful with this paper that contains personal information about me. Instead, I got a joke pointing to one of the girls, that if my info would be misused, it would be her fault. He had no regard to the personal info I just handed him.

I received the card few days later and phoned to activate. After being on the call for 20 mins, ** entered the wrong social security number on the card! If they correct the info, they have to run another credit check. I cancelled card and went back to store to confront the comedian but got the same response. After shopping at Ralph's for several years, the store hired this clown. If you gave your personal info, it goes to managers like this clown that you can misuse. The value of a customer lost for lifetime is what Ralph's needs to consider when hiring these clowns.

Original review: April 6, 2016

I think it is unfair that many of the items on their weekly ad stating that you need to buy 5 or 10 items to receive the discount or sale price. As a senior citizen my only income is Soc Sec. And I live alone no need to buy 10 items that I would not use in order to benefit the sale. Exp: Coca Cola 12pk normal price is $5.99. The sale price is $2.99 only if you buy five 12 packs. I enjoy a can of soda once in awhile, but cannot afford the $5.99 price and certainly don't need 5 cases. There are many other items that require you to buy 4 or more of things you don't need. I feel this is unfair to Senior Citizens and to families with low income. We all would like to enjoy the sale prices when available. However, I have complained to the store manager and they are very nice and usually will give me one item at the sale price, but It's embarrassing to ask. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2016

I rarely shop at my local Ralph's store here in San Diego on Mission Blvd in Mission Beach, but today, 3/29/16, I went because their asparagus was on sale. Walking around, I picked up a few items and found Boar's Head 4 oz goat cheese reduced to $1.99 (reg $5.99) in their manager's special area. Interesting it had 2 "Woohoo!" stickers. One to cover the barcode so that it rings up at the discounted price, and another to cover up the sell by date. My red flag sensor was in full deceit mode.

I bought the cheese and when I came home carefully removing the sticker I found the best before date was 4 days ago 3/25/16. No surprise here. Then I called Ralph's customer service and confirmed with a product complaint person that the store policy is to remove the item from the store once it has passed its expiration date. Clearly the manager's policy is to hide the date and sell the item at a reduced price to recoup some of the money. It is insulting to the well being and intelligence of your customers. People: when an item has been reduced in price, check the use by date. If the date has been intentionally obliterated, chances are it is past due. Do not buy it and if you are like me, report it. I took incriminating photos but head office was not interested. Chances are they do nothing!

Original review: March 24, 2016

I'm highly disappointed with the manager and Ralph's because I went this morning to buy some Theraflu and day quilt for my wife sister and the manager ** didn't sell it to me because I didn't have a California ID and I show him my medical, high school ID and my Costco card that it have my picture and he said that I have to take a California ID and I told him "do I have to bring a California ID?" He said "yes". I ask "can I bring any other ID", he said "no, California ID". I told him any ID because I don't have a California ID, he said that I don't make the rules he is the boss and I have to show him a California ID, but he means it with a bad attitude and I told him "you're being racist." He said "this is America you need a California ID" and the product I was buying was on the regular stuff.

You need ID only for the product they have under lock and the cashier got surprise because he was acting totally rude to me and I ask him for his name he told me he was the boss so he didn't give me his name. I saw it on his ID store, he had it on his chest. His name is **, he works on Ralph's that is located on 120st and Vermont that happened on the line 2 went. I have him his name he act like if I wanted to do something to him. He told me "buck up kid". I told him to provide me his name to file a complaint on him and he left. He left me the without resolve my problem. I couldn't buy anything anymore, he don't let me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

It's got a lot of nice things, BUT there are a lot of people working there that have smart mouths and be prepared to take a lot of trash talking garbage if you shop there. I told one of the employees that I was trying to cut back on the sweets there among other things and the clerk said, "Yeah, sure you are" and held up a box of coffee cakes. I told him I wasn't the only one living in my apartment, then he started rambling on, getting real nosy asking me how many people live with me and all of these "stupid" questions. I told him that I buy for the whole family and he actually seemed a little surprised when I told him.

Also to add insult to injury, I was in an electric scooter and was over 60 years old. To make matters worse, when I got home I called the so-called "manager" up and complained to her and she was actually not much better, then she started telling me she was busy and she had 4 people waiting in line. The moral to this story is, go to these places to buy food not to chummy up to anyone. To add insult to injury, I spent over $400 there a few days ago and tonight spent $463 again in less than a week. You don't need to meet anyone like this and they could care less about you. You're a CUSTOMER and as long as you keep the relationship like that you'll be fine. If you need someone to talk to, go on Match.com. It's unfortunate, but YOU'LL wind up being the one that gets hurt, trust me.

Ralph's Company Information