2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

4.1/5 (453 ratings)

About Publix

Publix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have been shopping at Publix in West Palm Beach for over 50 years. Many times when I shop the sale prices are not posted in the produce department. Some salad kits are on sale marked BOGO or three for $10. When I shopped at Greenwood Shopping Center Publix the sale prices were never posted. The salad brands were mixed so you would get different brands. Spoke with manager 4 times. Nothing done. Spoke with produce manager. Nothing done. Tried Publix at Polo Grounds Mall and it is great. No ripoff sale prices are posted. The produce department is well managed. All salad kits are grouped by brand. The produce manager is Riguens **. I commended him while shopping and now want every one to know the Publix at Polo Grounds mall in West Palm Beach is honest and cares for the buying public.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Probably the best grocery store I've shopped at. Some frozen food stock hasn't been replaced in over a month but overall Publix is a delight to shop at. This may not be Publix fault as some products are replaced by vendors. The staff is always courteous and helpful. Unlike some big box grocery stores Publix employs certified Deli folks that don't act like they are doing you a favor. The prices are higher then the Arkansas big chain but it's worth it for all the amenities. They package your groceries, have a wide selection of just about everything including better quality of meats. I have to travel more than 60 miles for the nearest Publix. I sure wish they would open a store in my city.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I have been through many many many food stores, And by far hands down Publix’s Supermarket’s all of them are so Friendly and From the time you walk through their Parking lots the Employees are incredibly friendly and always have a huge smile on their faces and you’re always greeted with, "Hello how are you doing today?" and "Wish you a Great and Wonderful day.." I have never ever been greeted by any other Food Store like this and I really must say that it really does make a lasting impression on me and I’m sure everyone else who shops at Publix.

As you do your shopping whether it’s for one item or more the Staff and the Management are only to Happy to assist you with all and every single thing that you need and or have any questions about. And I really love when you’re checking out and they are really only too happy with packing your groceries they ask you if you would like assistance with bringing your groceries to your car and load your groceries into your car and then, With a Smile and conversation they are saying Thank you and to have a good day.. I have never had this experience with any other store.. And that is why I will always be a Publix’s Customer for life. They truly appreciate your business and your experience with their Stores, each and every one of their Stores. It’s such a Wonderful Store.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Publix is the best when it comes to customer service. Everyone goes out of their way to greet you, ask if you need help, and assist you in every way they can. Check out their gourmet section in their newer stores--it's scrumptious. They even have a whole section that you can pick different varieties of olives. Olives with feta, olives with pickles, olives with anything you can imagine. The varieties are endless. The homemade breads and pastries amazing, the meat section endless perfection, the deli absolutely delicious and fresh produce everywhere you look. I haven't even told you about the cleanliness of the stores. They are meticulous. Oh, and stop by the pharmacy for a flu shot and get a $10 gift certificate. Also, on your way out grab a fresh bouquet of flowers to brighten up your day, that is if shopping in Publix hasn't already done that!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The reason I choose to shop at my Publix is more than just the weekly specials, yes it's nice to have those buy one get one free specials every week & it's really nice when the specials are something I buy all the time because then I can really save money & buy a little extra to stock up the shelves at home. But I have another reason to shop my Publix & that's the people that work in my Publix. I am disabled & because of this I have a hard time getting around sometimes which also means I could use a hand getting my grocery into my car. But at my Publix before I can ask if someone can help me I find myself being asked, "Sir can I help you with your groceries?" Until you find yourself in that need to don't understand what it's like to need a hand & find that there's no one to help you. But at my Publix I've had the manager help me.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I always have friends or family visiting me from other states and every time I bring them to Publix, they leave saying everyone was so polite and helpful. They appreciate how we were acknowledged by the employees and how instead of them telling us where something was, they would guide us to where we need to be. Keep it up. Good job.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Publix stores throughout the South are now offering COVID-19 vaccine shots. But not in Alabama. Are Alabama residents seen as second class customers? Are our lives less important than those in Florida? Equally troubling, there's no transparency about this issue. Local Publix employees in Birmingham have no idea if or when any vaccine will arrive. Publix corporate leaders: Do you understand this is literally a life and death issue? The lack of leadership and transparency being displayed now is destroying decades of accumulated goodwill.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Beware... Anytime you order food for pickup or delivery from Publix the cost of goods purchased are higher with instacart than if you went and bought it directly in the store. The amount varies based on what you buy.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Best BOGO'S! Publix makes shopping more budget & healthy- eating friendly.

-Price/ounce is listed on shelf. Can't find that in many grocers.
    -Items have shelf tag icons & labels for nutritional best choice, organic, natural, gluten free, preservative free, or best buy.
    -Produce & Wild Seafood are the best all around!
    -Plenty of Electronic & Paper coupons.
    -Usually a wide range of sale items.

I have tried other grocers to beat Publix's quality & prices. Publix always wins hands down! Buy mostly Publix brands, sales, & specials. BTW: Publix dates in canisters are better priced than all the rest!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My order was very simple. 18 vanilla and chocolate cupcake with white frosting on the top. The appearance of the cupcakes were like a 3 year old had applied the frosting. I mention to the lady at the bakery and all she said was "I'm sorry". I had to take the cupcakes. I had no time to wait or re-order since the birthday party was going to start at about 1 hour later. Normally you expect the best of Publix but this time they really failed to give the best customer service that they claim to have. I went to the customer service counter and told the person there that I was very unhappy with the cupcakes and all he said was "Ok I will tell the bakery manager."

Publix Company Information