2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Publix Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Bought chicken salad, potato salad, cheese danish ring, crab cake and one meatball. All of these deli items were disappointing. Crab cake was mostly bread crumbs. Meatball was tasteless. Chicken salad was bland. Potato salad lacked the sweet pickle relish. Cheese danish ring could have been sweeter. Moreover prices tended to be higher than competitors. Publix won’t last in this area with high prices and poor quality deli items

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

The customer is NOT always right at the Winter Springs Publix. I was a loyal customer at the 1160 East State Road 434 Winter Springs location. I had shopped there for 2 years before one of their check out employees told me that for every $50.00 you spend you can purchase local $50.00 gas cards for $40.00. I was told this was offered on a weekly basis. I went to Publix today to purchase a gas card and my order was $39.00. I had just purchased $179.00 worth of groceries the day before and I asked if they could consider the prior days purchase. I was informed at the “customer service” desk that there are no exceptions and I had to make up the $11.00. After I added another $11.00 to my order I asked when the gas card promotions were each month. Peggy indicated that Publix has no set date for these gas card promotions and it is my job to look at their 4-5 different fliers EVERY TIME I come into their store.

I also called Publix Customer Service @ 1800-242-1227 and a Joel provided the WORST customer service experience I have ever had. He argued with me when I stated the customer was clearly not right at Publix. I spend thousands of dollars there each year and they won’t make an exception for $11.00 and they cannot have a set day or days each month for the gas card promotion. Publix you lost a loyal customer over $11.00 and an inability to have a set day for your gas card promotions.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I been a Publix customer for so many years and my kids' cakes are from this store for the past 10 years. On my last experience I ending buying 3 cakes from them! Overspending money because they made my son’s cake wrong. I did place my order in advanced like usually and when I received my cake we did not notice it was in the wrong whipping. We order whipped cream cake and we received a buttercream cake instead. We find out once my kid get the first bite it was the wrong whipping. My son was so disappointed that his custom cake was not what he expected and he was so sad about it.

My husband went back to Publix and bought an ice cream cake so my kid will have a cake that he likes to celebrate with. Even though he loves ice cream cake was not happy that was not the custom cake that he order for his birthday. I ending going back the next day and order again a custom cake for my son in whipping cream and they made it even though it was a short notice. I explained the whole situation and they were happy to get it done right this time. And this is how We ending buying 3 cakes from Publix and overspending money thanks to their mistakes.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

The cake decorations I chose was sophisticated but I got more of a cartoonish version. When I asked them to redo the writing portion the decorator responded with an attitude and stated it would be An hour because everything would have to be scraped off. My event started in an hour so I reported the attitude to the manager and asked for a discount and the name of the decorator. He refused to give me the name (name tag?). Bad attitude all the way around. All I wanted was for the cake to not look like a kid wrote the words or to look like someone cared about their work when decorating it. I reported the situation to the store manager. I’m letting it go now that I am doing this review. I am also letting Publix bakery go as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I live in Coral Springs for years. Been going to the Publixs near me. Went to the one on Wiles Rd and ordered 3 sandwiches. 3 persons tending to customers but all they did was talk constantly, and I hate people talking over my food because I didn't want to buy anyone's saliva. When I asked about the Philly cheese steak which tasted horrible she was so rude. Spoke to the supervisor whom seemed as if I was a bother. I will NEVER buy another sandwich at this Publix ever again and will be shopping less to never here. Managers PLEASE teach your staff and be professional and proper sanitation when preparing food. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: July 12, 2019

How Publix Cheats People:

1) Items priced lower on the shelf than at the register.
        2) Similar items made to look like they are all on sale while only one type is actually on sale.

3) Two for one sale items ringing up as two.

These are just a few of the ways Publix screws people out of their money. They are not honest. In all the years of being ripped off by these cheats I have NEVER had an item ring up LOWER than the advertised shelf price. This would indicate that they are not just incompetent buffoons but are engaged in a systematic and illegal form of theft.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Each month, I purchase a money order from my local publix store, on Glades Road, In Boca Raton, Florida, for my rent payment. I like the fact that I can purchase with my debit card rather than having to carry cash. Last night I went to the store, like every month and the lady behind the desk asked if my card had a chip or a strip. I said my card is the older kind with a strip, the lady informed me she was told she can only accept debit cards with a strip??? I told her that I have been using the same card forever and if this were a new policy. She told me no, this is what I have been told for a long time. I asked for a manager, since I have done this time and time again, and the night manager named Matt, told me that its policy for security to have me show my ID and as long as I used the PIN it should be fine. I explained that the card is in the name of my wife, who just got out of the hospital, but I had the pin and my ID with the same last name.

Matt told me that even though my wife was ill, he needed to have her come, in, show ID, then we could purchase the money order. Since that was policy, I had no real issue, I went home, got my wife out of her sick bed, dragged a wheelchair and returned with her to Publix to get the money order. When I returned to the courtesy desk, the same young lady was there and she said, “Regardless if you brought your wife or not, I do not feel comfortable completing a sale with a card that does hot have a chip.” I instantly asked her to call the manager Matt, who just moments earlier told me to return with my wife, he checked her ID and said everything looks fine, and motioned to the clerk to sell us the money order and run it.

I was shocked when she said, “No, I will not, I was trained not to accept, debit cards without a chip.” Matt, the "supposed Manager" turned to me and said, “I am sorry, she says no.” I thought that he was joking, he said that if the clerk feels so strongly about this, I don’t think it right to force her, please come back tomorrow, maybe the day people can help you??? After telling me to bring my disabled wife into the store and then backing down to a clerk was beyond my imagination.

I asked him why he changed what he told me moments earlier and he then said "Publix did not give him much training as a manager, and maybe the clerk was trying to teach him proper policy, and there was no more that he can do". I have no words except for that I Will NEVER EVER shop there again. As an aside, the next day, I went to the US POST office who gladly accepted the debit card in question for a money order, so I Guess Publix has standards above the US Postal Service......

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was in Lee's Publix corner today with 82 on Lehigh Acres to buy a money order with coins and simply refused to receive. The manager is called Stacy, an absurd, said that I would have to go to deposit in my bank or pass the coins in the machine. I thought money was money. A disrespect to money and the consumer.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I am so annoyed and disappointed that Publix changed something in their brand sweet tea. As soon as the label changed, the product changed, and not for the better! PLEASE bring back the old type sweet tea. Thanks. Otherwise I LOVE Publix!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Publix at hwy 400 across from premium outlets...store was much anticipated due to location. There have Been multiple problems. Grapefruit not in stock is a big one especially generic. Have to go to Keith Bridge to get although have told manager and staff. Yesterday there were two bags out and both had rotten fruit so took to Dept head and gave one to check out.

I go to this store several tomes a week and find more and more out of stock. Cranapple juice, archway iced gingerbread cookies (clerk said they were due in but he has not brought them in yet). This was about noon. Moon pies. Nabisco potato plain good thins. Gave up my list at this point. I have alerted manager and check out folks. Our Publix in the hammock which is small does better than this store. This is a super Kroger across the street which you would think would help this store be competitive. This should be a high revenue store but the way it is being run it will not make it. Sorry to complain but telling folks in the store is not working.

Publix Company Information