3.29/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

315 Publix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Publix is where I shop 99.9% of the time. They have a great selection of products, great products available under their own name and great customer service. Their bakery is top notch and they also make subs and have a great selection of hot foods.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Been going to the Publix on summit and military for over 10 years. I am almost 9 months pregnant. Stood in line to get a sub with 2 people in front of me for about 30 minutes. A group of teenagers came behind me acting very disruptive. They knocked over a trash can to the right of me then 1 of them bumped into me. When I called and spoke to Miguel ** about the entire experience all he said was I should order online. What a horrible way to respond especially to a full blown pregnant woman. Will not return to this Publix.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Publix can be more expensive on some items, but they offer many sales and the product selection, cleanliness of the store and their excellent customer service make it true that "shopping is a pleasure at Publix"!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

When I first walked into a Publix many years ago I thought this store is so clean I could eat off of the floor. It has not changed. My only complaint would be their produce is priced too high. Most of the other products you get by with their b1g1 plus their sales and coupon books.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I have shopped at 5 different Publix locations and they all had great customer service. They will go out of their way to help you find something in the store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Publix is a superstore, its value limited only by elevated prices. As a military retiree, I am head of household and, because of ever increasing inflation and diminished effective value of our fixed income by price increases caused by unrealistic and unwarranted increases to minimum wages which make hamburger-flippers' wages more than my retirement pay, I have to look for cheaper prices. I have base shopping privileges, of course, but the crap you read about huge savings at on-base stores are just that - crap. Regular Publix prices are beyond our means, but my wife and I do take advantage of their frequent sales.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Publix's attention to quality, cleanliness, and customer service is always 100%. Our local store is small compared with others, but it has thrived while four other groceries closed in the area. Employees stay with Publix - we consider them part of our family!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I drive 35 miles to shop at Publix, the stores in our small town do not carry many different products. Publix has many to chose from and great place to shop!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Publix is always clean and customer service is great. The selection of food items is very good and the pharmacy is great. Overall they make every effort to make sure you are happy.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I am an 85 yr old retired drug store owner & have lived in this area since 1952 & I do the shopping & Publix is the "BEST" in Live Oak, FL. Recently due to part time employees and transfers out often, it has deteriorated in some Quality respects for me as I have shopped there for many years and miss getting to know the regular employees. Publix does not have a Pharmacy and I have to go to Winn-Dixie which has a rapid turnover of employees.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Winn-Dixie is OK but Publix is great. They each have a captured audience down here and I shop both depending on the deals of the week. Publix stores are more updated if in Miami than Winn-Dixie, at least down here.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Publix is eager to help and always polite. They go above and beyond with customer service. They help you in any way that they can and the pharmacy is very easy to work with, too.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It's a pleasure to shop at Publix. Stores are clean, well stocked, and have friendly people that work there. They offer quality and selection is the best compared to other stores.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I find Publix has the best customer service because if you ask them where you can find a product they not only tell what aisle it is on, but they will personally walk you to the product. Also, if there are more than 3 people on line they will open a new register even if the store manager has to run it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Always go to Publix. The store is clean, you have a wide selection of brands - high and low price range, and the deli and bakery foods always look fresh. There is also great customer service. I have never come to them with a problem they did not resolve to my satisfaction.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

The store is neat and clean, well stocked. The employees are polite and helpful. They are progressive in their approach to keeping up with the times.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Where I shop in Fort Myers, the staff goes above & beyond to be helpful, whether it's in the bakery, deli, or meats. I've NEVER been dissatisfied with a recommendation. Additionally, I'm always able to find what I need on the shelves, sometimes with the help of an employee that will take me right to the product. Finally, I commend their commitment to hiring people with differing abilities. I may pay a little more at Publix, but the service is worth it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I love Publix all the way around, however, they are high on a lot of their items and so I usually only take advantage of their BOGO's. Their brand of products are just as good as name brand products so I will buy them if other brands on are not on sale.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I really love Publix and I can't wait for their bigger and better store to open. The staff is friendly, their product selections are terrific, but they do tend to be pricey. I try to get around that by taking advantage of their BOGO sales, though.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Publix is a wonderful place to shop, very relaxing and very friendly. But, they are more expensive for the same products that I can get at Wal-Mart. Though the fresh fruits and veggies are much fresher at Publix and is worth going there just for that.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I am always greeted and if an associate is in the aisle they always offer to help. Everyone has a smile and is so personable you feel like you are shopping with your friends and you are.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Staff and supervisors are always friendly and speak with you. If you are at a loss for the placement of an item one of the clerks will walk you to the product you're looking for. The store is immaculately clean, bright, and cheerful. I love the convenience of prescriptions available while I'm shopping.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Prices could be lower, but employees make the difference. Friendliness and customer service are topnotch and the reason I love this store. Their selection of items is superior to other stores in the area, as well.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Publix has great staff that help always, clean store, foods that are truly fresh, a deli of delights you can taste before you buy, easy returns, rain checks.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The stores are very clean and well organized. They carry excellent products, but I would like to see even more. Their prices are slightly higher than some, but the ambiance is excellent.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I only shop at Publix now due to their customer service. The food is always fresh, the meat cutters will cut anything you want and they carry the bags to the car.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

They are always polite. Store clean and tidy. If they don't have a certain brand or item, they try to get it for you. Deli food is delicious and Bakery goods fresh & amazing.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Every time I go shopping it is usually Saturday am, the shelves are empty, nothing in stock, no bogos deals to be found. All I get from stock boys "all out of stock, waiting on the truck." Well if it is in your sales flyers why is it not on the shelves? Same goes for the meat dept. Everything is picked over or a few pieces like hamburger meat or a beef, pork roast, chicken etc are left at $20-$30.00 sometimes higher, the Deli Dept is really bad. You can stand there for over an hour just to get lunch meat and same with the sandwich counter, trying to get you to put mayo on your sub with lukewarm mayo. Gross!

I have to tell you 1 instance I took my elderly parents to the store and as we are checking out, my dad who uses a walker and can't hardly walk handed the cashier $110.00 cash and wanted $10.00 back in a roll quarters (so they could go to the laundromat) so my dad asked the cashier for a roll of quarters. The cashier screamed at him! "NO I cannot give you quarters from my drawer, you can't have them, you take yourself over to the service desk and they will give you the roll of quarters." I was shocked, she was so rude to my father, couldn't she see, he can hardly walk? What happened to customer service? And I told the store manager this right away and pointed her out to him and they did NOTHING about it. She still works there! I got my dad's quarters at the bank.

Shame on you Publix! This is the way you treat customers, especially the disabled elderly? And why is each store different. 1 has stock like frozen baby broccoli tops only. 1 store around here carries it and that is at Southgate, and the other stores tell you they don't carry it?? These are the stores I used to go shopping at, 1 store is just as bad as the other... store #1020 at Southgate Shopping Center N.P.R, Publix at River Crossing N.P.R, #643 and Publix Super Market at Mitchell Ranch Plaza #873 Trinity. All I see is higher and higher prices every week and crappy rude and mean employees, I am done, gone over to Winn-Dixie. At least we get better care over there and bogos are all in stock and same with the shelves and lower prices to boot! I hope one day maybe Kroger would move down here and take over all Publix stores.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I placed order 1 week before homecoming for my son's girlfriend with the "floor specialist" as she referred to herself. I came in on day to pick up. She didn't have the order ready, didn't even remember anything about it and was ready to argue until she located the order slip with the piece of ribbon choice attached. She said "I wonder how this got all the way at the bottom?" referring to her stack of approx. 20 orders. Then she said "oh, his was for today". I said, "Yes. It was 2 hours past the listed time." She said she would have to wait to get more flowers and I looked over at the stack of white roses and I said, "Do you not have enough flowers?" She said, “Well I guess I could go ahead and do it now.”

She then asked if I could come back tomorrow because she wanted it to look nice. I explained to her I didn't know because I had to work and the kids had pictures and dinner plans lined up and I just didn't know if I could get back by. HER EXACT WORDS "well, you're really making it hard on me." I was appalled... I stood there confused... Thinking the reason I ordered it for Friday was because of my Saturday schedule. I just said I don't know. And left almost in tears wondering what to do.

She called and left me message Friday evening and said, "This is **, the floor specialist at Publix and your corsage is ready to pick up." She never apologized… Never acknowledged the situation she put me in. I was shocked. My husband and ALL my friends have heard this story and all in disbelief she told me I WAS MAKING IT HARD ON HER... AND NEVER APOLOGIZED. Needless to say, I didn't make changes to Saturday's schedule and a friend made a beautiful corsage on a 2 hours notice. I hope someone reads this and understands why I was and still I’m upset about this. I plan to tell anyone who ever mentions using Publix for flowers exactly what happened.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was starving after my workout and wanted potato salad. I bought the largest container. It's absolutely INEDIBLE. I had to spit it out. It was bitter as if the potatoes were too green and or weren't cooked completely as they were hard.

Publix Company Information