2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.48/5

Publix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: June 8, 2020

I went to my Publix # 699 located at 374 Northlake Blvd. Lake Park, FL location on 6-7-2020 and a 6 pack of Charmin Mega rolls was $18.49. I thought that was excessive. I took a picture that shows the SKU # and price. I feel that this is price gouging. I could understand higher prices due to supply & demand but this is an excessive mark up from such a large chain like Publix?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I come to this Publix basically daily during the week. The staff here is always cordial, pleasant and accommodating. Whether I come in the morning after a workout or at night to come and pick something up; the attitudes of the people that work there never change. For this store at 2250 John Rolfe Pkwy, there's only one word ... EXCELLENCE!

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I absolutely love Publix! The service in every Publix I have been to has been great and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I’ve been to several Publix Supermarkets in Atlanta and they have all provided great service. The two things I love about the store other than the customer service are the fruit and deli sections. I do not purchase fruit from anywhere but Publix, and they come in different sizes containers if you need to purchase pre-cut fruit. The prices are reasonable and I shop there regularly for certain groceries I inquire. Also, sometimes the employees will help you put your groceries on belt when you’re checking out and I know for sure they will help you put your groceries in your car! Great perk.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Publix was the only store I shop at. Yesterday, they refused to require a customer to wear a mask. Manager said all they can do is suggest it be worn. Customer defiantly went through check out line.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I buy the Publix brand 10lb bag of standard dry cat chow. It is cheaper than all of the brand names and the cats like it. It's a mix of meat and fish products with all of the recommended macro levels. I have five cats so I go through this stuff a lot. My cats have no health problems. I have been using this for six years ever since my oldest cats were kittens. I haven't fed them anything else besides table scraps so I guess Publix cat food is good enough for my cats.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Customer service refused to accept returns on items purchased in error during the pandemic. They say it's a policy not based upon wanting to keep the extra money, but rather for our health and safety. **! They certainly don't discard the tens of thousands of items picked up by customers and returned to the shelf!!! They don't discard items from the store if a employee has worked there with Coronavirus!! They only conveniently refuse to offer refunds on items purchased??? Hmmmm. Suspicious..no ridiculous. I purchased a 12 pack of Seltzers that was returned in its cardboard box and they refuse to accept it! If a sick customer is coughing and sneezing as they shop they conveniently discard NOTHING.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I usually visit the Publix located at 1400 E. Hallandale beach blvd, Hallandale, FL33009 on a weekly basis. The service is bad, specifically when ** employees are dealing with ** customers. I was standing in one aisle looking for something and a ** employee came and moved my cart away from me with no explanation. When I simply asked her to respect social distancing, she said "I need to look for something" without acknowledging what I said or even looking at me. Her attitude was bad and I felt disrespected. This is not a nice place to go to.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I would play and had millions of tokens. My computer was hacked and I had some guy continually calling my house and making claims that I won something but I had to pay an upfront fee. I confronted him several times and one day he got tired of being called out and threatened me by saying he knew where I lived and in a roundabout way I would be sexually assaulted. I filed a police report.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Cornerstone at Lake Mary Store Number: 833 825 Rinehart Rd Lake Mary, FL 32746-4867. The deli section has the most incompetent employees you will ever see. We orders Prosciutto and they never separated each slice with wax paper. It looks like a pile of meat all stuck together, seriously? The worst Publix in Florida hands down!

Original review: April 15, 2020

My $300 purchase at the Hood Road store in Palm Beach Gardens was split in 2 transactions. The credit card machine didn’t work so they called a brown haired overweight short woman from management (don’t know her name) and she refused to look at my cc screen but kept grabbing my credit card and contaminating it with her ungloved hands. So we stood there for a while holding up the line due to her refusal to help with the credit card machine. She was extremely rude and told me to go to another register instead of offering to see what the cc machine was saying in Spanish. I speak English not Spanish.

I asked for a higher store manager and this woman rolled her eyes and said she doesn’t need to this. An assistant manager gentlemen came and kindly talked me through the transactions. Despite this other manager holding up the line, putting everyone at risk due to her attitude, she stormed off stating “I don’t need to put my life on the line for this”.

This is what we have come to refer to as a “coronavirus attitude” mostly on the part of management that has not been educated and trained on how to provide customer service during a pandemic. Employees like her should be furloughed or let go. They don’t want to be at work, behave as if they are forced to be at their jobs and feel the need to announce that they are only coming to work to put themselves at risk and do you a favor. Customers are being put at great risk when managers are not doing their job to manage and assist with legitimate issues. With so many people out of jobs, you are better served by keeping the people who want to work, of which there are many. It makes for a safer environment.

This kind of unprofessional and antagonistic behavior on the part of management sets a very poor example for the rest of your employees. It’s absolutely shameful that these kind of employees think they are doing the customer some kind of favor by being at work when there are millions of unemployment claims and others who can respectfully and professionally do their job.

Publix Company Information