2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Publix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I stopped by Publix 524 in Lutz, FL at 11:30am this morning and ordered some chicken wings to be ready at 1:00pm. I returned at 1:00pm only to find out that they were made and somehow given away to another customer. **, the deli manager, immediately fixed the problem by offering to have the wings made and then personally delivering them to my house 45 minutes later. He delivered twice the quantity I requested and did not charge me a penny. Publix ALWAYS makes it right. The Tampa Bay area is fortunate to be home to the best grocery chain in the country.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I went to my Publix # 699 located at 374 Northlake Blvd. Lake Park, FL location on 6-7-2020 and a 6 pack of Charmin Mega rolls was $18.49. I thought that was excessive. I took a picture that shows the SKU # and price. I feel that this is price gouging. I could understand higher prices due to supply & demand but this is an excessive mark up from such a large chain like Publix?

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I come to this Publix basically daily during the week. The staff here is always cordial, pleasant and accommodating. Whether I come in the morning after a workout or at night to come and pick something up; the attitudes of the people that work there never change. For this store at 2250 John Rolfe Pkwy, there's only one word ... EXCELLENCE!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I absolutely love Publix! The service in every Publix I have been to has been great and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I’ve been to several Publix Supermarkets in Atlanta and they have all provided great service. The two things I love about the store other than the customer service are the fruit and deli sections. I do not purchase fruit from anywhere but Publix, and they come in different sizes containers if you need to purchase pre-cut fruit. The prices are reasonable and I shop there regularly for certain groceries I inquire. Also, sometimes the employees will help you put your groceries on belt when you’re checking out and I know for sure they will help you put your groceries in your car! Great perk.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Went to buy oranges at 2.99. Charged me 4.99. Assuming I grabbed the other Florida oranges that were also 4lb bag and not on sale? Where are the managers and assistant managers on Saturday mornings? Associates need to take initiative of these things and take off sale tags when product not on shelf. My store is super good about doing these small details and every store has to do this or else deal with complaints. Not good.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I wanted to buy Lakewood Pure Cherry Tart juice today before the buy one get one free offer expires tomorrow. Publix was out of the Pure Cherry Tart, so I went to the customer service desk to ask for a rain check. I was told they could not offer me a rain check because of Covid. That’s ridiculous! What does Covid have to do with issuing rain checks? At least if the product comes in, I will get the sale price for the product that I specifically made the trip to Publix for and they have a happy and loyal customer. Covid is being use for any ridiculous excuse!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I was in the Publix at Northwood Plaza Sunday morning and one young employee was only wearing a thin, stretchy gator (proven to be no protection at all) and an older employee stocking the freezer section wasn't wearing a mask at all. I am concerned for myself and all customers safety. All employees need to wear a protective mask, and Publix should supply them for any employees who don't have ones that meet the health standards.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

The worst Publix to go for in Jacksonville.. The manager was so rude and the cashier too.. I always get anything on deal but they didn't let me take everything I want and they said they're on do you so you cannot get all of them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was standing in the seafood counter and the young ** male or female was just looking at me from the meat room. I was on the phone with someone talking while waiting for anybody to come to ask if I needed help. Thankfully the person was finally in that door between seafood and meat room and I wave so she will come and help me, unfortunately she was rude to me. I told her I need salmon fillet and with her mean tone she said, “I don’t understand what you’re saying cause you’re on the phone”. This is just a review about the customer service I got from the place. In the check out, the guy named Phil. G is also not friendly. But what’s important is I know how the people there treat their customers. I will never be back there again, and of course who cares, it’s just 1 customer and this review doesn’t matter.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Publix was the only store I shop at. Yesterday, they refused to require a customer to wear a mask. Manager said all they can do is suggest it be worn. Customer defiantly went through check out line.

Publix Company Information