3.88/5

436 Publix Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

Of all the grocery stores in my area in Knoxville TN this is my favorite of all. They are a cut above all the rest in cleanliness, courtesy, and a wide selection of foods and other products. It matters to me when you are treated like family in any area of the store. Other grocery stores here could learn a lot from Publix. May I add, the deli and bakery are upscale in all areas as well. Thank you Publix for having a store I enjoy shopping at...

Kathy

Original review: July 13, 2019

I moved to FL from NJ 5 years ago. I am extremely impressed with the excellent treatment of customers at FL Publix grocery stores, compared to NJ. Even Kings in NJ doesn't come close to Publix. The positive attitude of nearly every Publix employee is very refreshing. It is truly a pleasure to shop there. In NJ, even as a well liked regular customer, I frequently felt like an annoyance or imposition at Stop & Shop or Kings. At Publix, everyone goes the extra mile to help, with friendliness. They always offer to load my car.

The Publix brands have so far proven to be high quality. The fresh seafood display case is full of wonderful always fresh selections. Seafood service is excellent. The meat is excellent. They will always open a PKG to give you less if you ask. Produce will cut open a melon to check for ripeness, even if you don't commit to buying it. The deli always puts paper between cheese slices...with a smile! I could go on & on, but I think you can tell it's great at Publix. I know, who raves about a grocery store?! But I'm not kidding!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I was made homeless after a series of devastating events that were unexpected and uncontrollable a few months ago. I have had to force myself to search for assistance everywhere I could. After my rental car and cat, my only family and friend left, were stolen I was put on my feet to walk everywhere. Just 6 short years ago I was confined to an electric wheelchair but refused to accept that, got up and painfully started walking. Good thing! I have put as much as 8 miles in one day on shoes that were over a size too big. They blew out weeks ago and I am walking in shoes meant for 100 year old men but I am grateful to have them.

To make a spiritual, mental and physically painful story short, I have had to swallow every drop of pride a Marine/Sailor can possess and walk into grocery stores asking for work so I could eat after days of nothing. Kroger's always said NO, other stores declined any help at all. But every single Publix manager helped me. I was never told NO by any single manager. I am a 100% disabled veteran who normally gets a compensation paycheck but closed accounts after being robbed. Stopped that until a physical address can be obtained. I am thanked for my service a fair amount and when Publix says it I feel it to be true because they back it up with kindness and compassion along with food and don't ask me to work. Good thing.

My body is a total mess. I don't know if Publix assistance is a company mandate or if it just hires incredible people. I fully believe the latter since a manager in Dunwoody, GA near St. Joseph Hospital (The most uncaring, worst attitudes, Better than you can possibly be since you are homeless and don't rise to their standards and station, pompous ** doctors in the entire country) used his own money to buy me a sandwich and 10.00. He is the only manager to give me money but all 3 Publix I have been to in 3 months of fighting to survive, sleeping on concrete and worse conditions like cold, rain and scorching heat, have bought me food from the deli.

Prices of grocery in Atlanta have risen to incredible levels after the influx of 7000 people per week moving here from all over the world but Publix remains consistently fair. So when someone says "Thank you for your service" I am suspect of possible lip service from that person trying to make themselves feel good about themselves but when Publix says it I have to believe it's true. The other two stores were in Smyrna, GA and Austell, GA. GOOD PEOPLE!

Original review: April 27, 2019

Publix has very fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats. The products are always fresh and clean. The appearance of food items are very clean. The store itself is always very clean. I find the store personnel extremely helpful. If you look bewildered in searching for items, the employees cheerfully assist you in finding what you need. If you are elderly, or require help in getting your groceries to the car, assistance is readily available. The store is bright and well lit. For those of us who are elderly or has vision issues, the lighting is appreciated. Some items may seem a little pricey, but actually worth it. There are weekly sale items and two for the price of one items.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I like Publix. It is clean and well laid out; however, three things I have looked for has been discontinued. Someone in the store I was talking to said the same thing, that she can’t find everything there anymore. It may be because they don’t sell enough of these products or just that the store is greedy and they don’t want to carry items that are a big sellers. There really aren’t any decent groceries other than Publix, around here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I live in Coral Springs for years. Been going to the Publixs near me. Went to the one on Wiles Rd and ordered 3 sandwiches. 3 persons tending to customers but all they did was talk constantly, and I hate people talking over my food because I didn't want to buy anyone's saliva. When I asked about the Philly cheese steak which tasted horrible she was so rude. Spoke to the supervisor whom seemed as if I was a bother. I will NEVER buy another sandwich at this Publix ever again and will be shopping less to never here. Managers PLEASE teach your staff and be professional and proper sanitation when preparing food. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2019

How Publix Cheats People:

1) Items priced lower on the shelf than at the register.
2) Similar items made to look like they are all on sale while only one type is actually on sale.

3) Two for one sale items ringing up as two.

These are just a few of the ways Publix screws people out of their money. They are not honest. In all the years of being ripped off by these cheats I have NEVER had an item ring up LOWER than the advertised shelf price. This would indicate that they are not just incompetent buffoons but are engaged in a systematic and illegal form of theft.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Each month, I purchase a money order from my local publix store, on Glades Road, In Boca Raton, Florida, for my rent payment. I like the fact that I can purchase with my debit card rather than having to carry cash. Last night I went to the store, like every month and the lady behind the desk asked if my card had a chip or a strip. I said my card is the older kind with a strip, the lady informed me she was told she can only accept debit cards with a strip??? I told her that I have been using the same card forever and if this were a new policy. She told me no, this is what I have been told for a long time. I asked for a manager, since I have done this time and time again, and the night manager named Matt, told me that its policy for security to have me show my ID and as long as I used the PIN it should be fine. I explained that the card is in the name of my wife, who just got out of the hospital, but I had the pin and my ID with the same last name.

Matt told me that even though my wife was ill, he needed to have her come, in, show ID, then we could purchase the money order. Since that was policy, I had no real issue, I went home, got my wife out of her sick bed, dragged a wheelchair and returned with her to Publix to get the money order. When I returned to the courtesy desk, the same young lady was there and she said, “Regardless if you brought your wife or not, I do not feel comfortable completing a sale with a card that does hot have a chip.” I instantly asked her to call the manager Matt, who just moments earlier told me to return with my wife, he checked her ID and said everything looks fine, and motioned to the clerk to sell us the money order and run it.

I was shocked when she said, “No, I will not, I was trained not to accept, debit cards without a chip.” Matt, the "supposed Manager" turned to me and said, “I am sorry, she says no.” I thought that he was joking, he said that if the clerk feels so strongly about this, I don’t think it right to force her, please come back tomorrow, maybe the day people can help you??? After telling me to bring my disabled wife into the store and then backing down to a clerk was beyond my imagination.

I asked him why he changed what he told me moments earlier and he then said "Publix did not give him much training as a manager, and maybe the clerk was trying to teach him proper policy, and there was no more that he can do". I have no words except for that I Will NEVER EVER shop there again. As an aside, the next day, I went to the US POST office who gladly accepted the debit card in question for a money order, so I Guess Publix has standards above the US Postal Service......

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was in Lee's Publix corner today with 82 on Lehigh Acres to buy a money order with coins and simply refused to receive. The manager is called Stacy, an absurd, said that I would have to go to deposit in my bank or pass the coins in the machine. I thought money was money. A disrespect to money and the consumer.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I am so annoyed and disappointed that Publix changed something in their brand sweet tea. As soon as the label changed, the product changed, and not for the better! PLEASE bring back the old type sweet tea. Thanks. Otherwise I LOVE Publix!!!

Publix Company Information