1.50/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

404 Publix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Products are double the price that Walmart as they steal money from people, very rude staff when you do any complaint about quality, disastrous place, the office of price control, also quality control office should call them attention.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

For about 30 years I had been a loyal customer at Publix until today. Several times I had it to return products because they are spoil and bad condition. I'm not the clientele whom keeps receipts and I dont even see prices when I purchase. However when I purchase something I expect to be good. I had waste my money those times when I try to return or exchange due to a poor quality. However Publix extremely don't return what I spent and they dont even exchange the product affecting me as of Client losing my money. What a shame. Absurd policy. There is not customer satisfaction but Customer Frustration and indignation because the process is annoying. Definitely will spread my detail reviews throughout the Media because this is another Turn Down Business.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I tried to use a digital coupon and when it didn’t come off my bill at the end I realized I needed to buy another one to qualify for the coupon. So I ran to get another one and the cashier had already started checking out the next person. I wasn’t thrilled that he didn’t wait for me but I waited for him to finish. Then when he was almost done checking out that person he told me I had to wait for the next person after that person to checkout before he would finish my checkout which took exactly 30 seconds!!! Of course I threw a fit especially because I had ice cream. He was new but don’t they train their cashiers there???!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had several experiences in Publix stores in FL. They are in a single word, AWFUL. The Deli is woeful and pathetic; it lacks any real substance. But by far the very worst experiences I've had in their stores comes at checkout. They are stuck in the '90s and do not offer self-checkout...how backwards and short sighted! Instead we wait in line milling about whilst the teenager behind the cash register moves at a snail's pace and chats up the customer. I'm 65 and can check-out my purchases in half the time it takes most Publix cashiers. Lastly, I DETEST being solicited for donations when I'm checking out. Wake up Publix, your operations need an extreme makeover...embrace technology or perish!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

For the 4-5th time, Publix Whole milk in Tallahassee has soured before the expiration date. We do not leave milk sitting out on the counter or uncovered. Our refridgerator is running at the proper temperature. In the past, Publix milk actually lasted longer than the expiration date. But not now. So several possibilities: 1. They changed suppliers who are labeling milk incorrectly to make greater profits. 2. Publix is fiddling with the freshness of the milk to gain profits. Because if the milk was lasting longer than the date like in the past, they sell less milk. 3. The milk is not being kept at proper temperature in transit or in the store. At any rate, the result is I go back to Walmart and buy Borden milk. Borden at Publix is overpriced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Publix usually can be trusted but recently we noticed that steaks are tough and without flavor. We hosted steak dinner on Christmas Day but the NEW YORK STRIP STEAKS were TOUGH!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING! TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Lakeland S. Fl. Ave. Publix. I had heard in the past that Publix makes charitable donations. That is the reason I have tried to shop there on several occasions. Today, I am done. So it's Christmas and my job gives gift cards as presents. The only way to check the balance is to go to the CS desk. I stand in line for about 10 minutes waiting. Then, I get to the customer service desk, I get the balance on the card. I then asked if I could have a few Lotto tickets. I was told I would need to get back in a line of 4 or 5 people to come back to the same cashier. RIDICULOUS. Ummm I am in line. I'm supposedly being waited on right now. It does not matter what city I go to, the employees are not friendly. They act as if they pay people to shop there. I will stick with Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I usually buy my groceries at Walmart but was close to Publix one day so stopped there. I thought prices were higher than I usually pay, so on my next trip to Walmart I compared prices. I paid $7.80 more for the EXACT same items, sizes and brands at Publix. This is exactly why I don't shop there unless I am desperate.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed my first online grocery store order this week. Busy schedules and kids coming home from college. Seemed like a great idea. Went to the Publix online website and placed my order without difficulty. The delivery fee of $3.99 was waived because this was my first order. I then gave the driver a $25.00 tip online. The driver gave me my in-store receipt which reflected a $81.00 difference from what my credit card was charged. My card was charged $81.00 more than what the groceries cost.

I went to the Publix to show them this and was told that their "third Party Processing" company called Instacart marks up the prices of their groceries. I was shopping on the Publix website. Publix utilizes the instacart company, and we are paying for it. All of these fees are hidden. This information is not stated anywhere that I can find on the Publix or Instacart website. In fact, when I showed the manager the store receipt, her comments was "I didn't think they were supposed to give you this receipt". BE AWARE OF THIS RIPOFF!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Activated a BOGO coupon for Emergen-C 30ct ($22.99 value) from their digital coupon site, purchased 2. When coupon wasn't credited mgr was called over to be told she could not confirm coupon and unable to credit even though I showed her coupon on a printed coupon list from their site. So I returned 1 which a 2nd activated coupon for $4 off 1 was credited. Emailed Publix with attachment showing their coupon offer. After numerous emails back and forth, explaining step by step I received an email saying they could not confirm purchased and I was credited $4 for the 1. The receipt they saw the $4 credit for 1 is the same receipt showing original purchase of 2 and 1 being returned after management said they could not honor. Apparently they can offer coupons and chose not to honor at their will. Shame on you Publix!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Very unhappy with their White Oak Village (Henrico, VA) store once again. Many months ago I had two bad experiences at the deli, and I did not return until today. I ordered a sub online at 7:45 am with a pickup time of 12 noon. This store printed my order at 10:31 am. (Shown on receipt.) I did not arrive at the store until 12:15 pm, and my sub was still not prepared. This is exactly why I stopped going to this store months ago, having had the same experience two times before. I found Aly, the store manager, and told him about this. His reply was that he has new people in the deli and he did apologize, even offering to give me the sub, but I turned him down as I had already paid for it.

My lunch break was petering away and I needed to get going. What I do not like is the excuse of new employees. Fully understood, but you obviously need to get them more up to speed with experienced employees to keep things moving at the deli rather than expecting your customers to give up their lunch breaks. Why does online ordering never seem to work at this store? Am I the only one having this trouble over and over here? I will no longer shop here. It's a good thing I have many good experiences at their stores in SC and FL or I would not be a fan of Publix at all. I hope that their new store in Mechanicsville, VA opening Jan. 5 is a whole lot better than White Oak. I will give it a try, but certainly hope that the new location lives up to their reputation.

Resolution response: Dec. 3, 2018

Previous wrong was corrected by upper management. An update of my 11/30/18 review of the Boynton Beach, FL, N.Congress location. I did get an immediate response from Publix, office of the CEO, and I am satisfied with their handling of my situation. Therefore, I am changing my review to 5 stars for their quick handling, and their response.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been going to the Publix, Boynton Beach, Fl, at 133 N. Congress since it opened about 4 years ago, and take the bus provided by the condo where I live. They sure underwent some changes in attitude recently. Since I take the bus, I have them bag the groceries and I rearrange, re-bag, into my thermal bag, and may take a few extra plastic bags for spreading things more evenly.

I had the most insulting experience on Friday 11/30/18, when a customer service rep approached me and told me that I am not allowed to re-bag, and I am not to take any of their plastic after they have finished bagging. She said that was Publix policy, they are a 'green store' and don't waste bags, don't allow customers to do bagging. She made me feel like a criminal, almost to the point of being accused of stealing, that despite the fact that I spend about a hundred dollars/week in that place. A very bad rude attitude, with a chip on her shoulder. If this is Publix policy, her coarse approach was not the way to say it. Needless to say the other residents that also take the bus were outraged when I told them. I e-mailed Publix Corporate and asked if this is their policy. I am waiting for their reply.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Publix has lost their mind! A few days ago I was going to buy Kraft Natural Cheese from there but they had it for $4.19, where Walmart sells the exact same item for $2.38. Then I just left there in a huff because the Arnold Oatnut Bread my daughter wanted was left on the shelf; it was $4.29... almost double the price at Walmart. I am an Aldi shopper but will go to a close by store if I need something real quick. Well no more Publix for me. At this rate people will stop shopping there and they will no longer hold the title “The Florida Store”. Greedy!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Hi. I came in the Heron Creek Publix on Sumter Blvd in North Port, FL mainly to buy fried chicken and redeem yet another raincheck for soda. After picking up these items and a few more, I decided to get a sub instead. There were about 6 or more employees working there and no one was in line waiting for a sub to be made. There were 3 people to the left of me purchasing other items in the deli. So, I'm standing there waiting for about 3 min and a lady looks up and says she will be with me when she finished making the sub she was working on. I was fine with that. So I wait and another few min go by and she says she will be done as soon as she gets the orders done.

I'm assuming she's talking about the one she was making! Well another few min go by and she got the sub done and started working in another one! I walked away. Didn't get the sub or fried chicken. How rude!!! She could have made my sub, which is meat, cheese and veggies! That's it! No condiments even! Very easy! Then after go back to making an online sub. People started lining up behind me. I have no idea what happened after I left.

Then I go to check out and the cashier starts to ask me a question. I said hello! She just looked at me. She was confused how to do my BOGO raincheck so asked another employee for help. He did and everything was fine. I commented to them both how I made sure I gave the raincheck before she rang them up, because in the past when I didn't, the cashier literally threw a fit! So this cashier today says, "Oh no not this store! This is a friendly store."

Now mind you this is coming from a cashier who never bothered to greet me, acted like the raincheck was questionable, and I just came from the deli COMPLETELY dissatisfied with my treatment there. Then she said, "Don't you agree!" I said it was best I didn't comment and sometimes it's best just not to say anything. Then I said that actually I like the Coco Plum Publix on RT 41 (Tamiami Trail) in North Port, FL much better. The manager I've dealt with there is great! I really didn't appreciate being put on the spot.

I shouldn't end up having a dissatisfied experience Everytime I shop in that store. I really try not to go in that often. I'm hoping Aldi's builds another store in this area. Their manager is great and so are their employees! I've complained to Publix about their store, but it basically gets me nowhere! Thank you for your time. (By the way, after reading the reviews on this site, it appears people are extremely dissatisfied with Publix stores in many areas in FL and other states.)

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Our family has had some tragic events so for my son's sixth Birthday party we went all out on expenses... he just survived a surgery and this celebration of life was a big deal. For a six-year-old Cake decorating and balloons, ice cream and toys make life worth living. I ordered a huge dinosaur theme cake and he went in the ER on Saturday morning. We postponed everything for Sunday and I called Publix bakery to see if his cake was still there and to say I would pick it up today (Sunday October 21st).

My original order number was ** for the metro West village Location... the women manager in bakery apologized and said it must of gotten thrown out! It was 5pm. Party was already going and my son so excited for a dinosaur cake! I cried when I hear their unprofessional reasoning because he's been talking about his cake in the hospital mad he was sick and they toss it! A 80$ cake! I think they just took it home or sold it. So heartbreaking. They offered a plain small cake. I had 50 people at my house and a sad child with no dinosaurs! Horrible experience???

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I used to shop at Publix in Coral Gables, and now in Fort Myers, and am finding an ever diminishing supply of fresh fruits and vegetables as the corporation increasingly offers pre-packaged produce in plastic. Packaged or loose, the produce is often rotten or substandard the day I buy it, requiring a return trip or money and food tossed. Publix in my mother's day built its reputation on better quality food and Southern hospitality that it felt entitled it to charge higher prices than its competitor Winn Dixie. Today it's just over-priced and bad. I've started shopping at Super Walmart.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Last thing I would expect in a half gallon of ice cream would be a nail. Yes a nail! How the heck does a nail get into ice cream? Luckily this did not end up in the mouth of a child or it might be an entirely different story, I did return the container and nail to the manager on duty. There was not much concern shown. I was offered a free half gallon of ice cream. Yup, a free half gallon. How nice. I did not take it as I wanted them to just be aware. Weird things are found in food products everyday, but again, how does a nail make its way into churned ice cream? Go figure.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

As most people know, Publix is usually the best place to order cakes, which we have done for years. We ordered a $26 bday cake just recently and when we picked it up the name was spelled incorrectly. Well the bakery attempted to fix it but let's just say it was sloppy. Due to time constraints we had no choice but to take it as is. I later wrote to Publix, explained the entire incident, was given the option for credit towards our next cake or refund. I chose and thanked them for giving us the refund. Never heard from them again.

A week later I inquired. Now being told that I would have to come into the store, ask for the manager, explain my story all over again, to see if he would be willing to refund me. NOW it's become MY (the unhappy customer) responsibility to try to get reimbursed for a cake that their employee misspelled. So much for customer satisfaction Publix. We still shop there because we don't have a lot of other choices at the moment BUT BJ's makes a pretty good cake as well and I do believe our family will be giving them a try for a while.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The Publix in my neighborhood in Franklin, TN keeps reducing SKU selection and prices continue to go higher. There are also fewer and fewer customers to be seen. Sometimes I walk across the street to them as a convenience, but never if I have a lot of shopping to do. Kroger has a much larger selection and is much more affordable. Publix seafood selection is skimpy, mostly farm raised in SE Asia (sorry, not gonna touch that stuff) and laughably expensive.

They carry a wonderful selection of wine that is approximately (on average) 35% more expensive than the liquor store just down the street. Do they really think anyone is going to buy a $65 bottle of champagne that costs $49 down the road. The kicker is that they have an ill employee that nobody in the store knew about, or seemed to care about. An employee who is bankrupt because her company insurance carries a $20,000 deductible. I suspect this company will be out of business soon.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Longtime employees at this store have a horrible attitude more times than not. Newer ones seem to be a bit more helpful not much. All, for example, hate customers. Managers are the exception if you can catch one not busy doing something other than observing his business. We are just annoying. Like I have just a few items but know better than to set the plastic carrying bin I picked up at the front door on the checker's conveyor belt. Disgusting is what I am for that. To garner anything close to a smile or something other than stone cold stare you have to take everything out of the basket... then pay attention. Some of them want that basket on the floor at the beginning of the conveyor belt. Others want to take it right away for some reason. I thought this was surely just me until the same thing happened to a neighbor and my wife, separately.

Then there's the rule or no rule about scanning cases of stuff. If on sale, it's iffy. They may need all of them on the belt or none or one. Depends on the direction of the wind I think. Please don't get me wrong, I have no problem with rules. Still, this situation at this store is in such a different universe than the Hunt Club store. I think Publix must have sold the place. Horrible customer service EXCEPT THE PHARMACY - it's the only department that shows any recognition of our business whatsoever. They are quite nice and very helpful. The rest have zero customer service skills.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I've been going to the above Publix for many years and never had a problem until the last 6 months. Im not sure if they have new staff but they do not do a good job in the Deli (1297 S State Rd 7 North Lauderdale). All the Employees that works behind the counter has a stiff face (not helpful). This has been happening time and time again. I place an order online on several occasion and when I went to pick it up it's something totally different. I order Boars head Turkey before I got there and they made ham. Remind you I put my order in a hour before I go so when I got there I have to wait 30 mins for a new order. Someone needs to fix this problem. Your employees is not reading the online orders correctly. It's so annoying that they cant differ turkey meat from ham. I do not eat pork. I really think they need new staff there.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I am a client of Publix Supermarket for more than 20 years. The store appearance has since improved and many fancy items added to their shelves. The store is very clean and I love to shop there. However, I noticed that the prices are going up really quick. Some items that I buy in a regular basis, have suddenly been raised about 25%. Publix cereal, parmesan cheese, Tyson chicken nuggets, the milk, which is more expensive than in other grocery stores. The packed salads are $3.99 the small pack! I now only buy salads if they go BOGO.

The other day my husband wanted to have a bite to eat while shopping there but he gave it up when the attendant said the price: $.75 a piece! We buy chicken wings frequently and the box with 20 has also gone up to almost $12! We are now going to ALDI and Winn-Dixie for some items. I love Publix but they need to manage their prices in a better way. I live in Highlands County, Florida, which has many retirees. We don't get social security pay raises to afford price raises like that!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Many years, we have bought 2-3 bags of salad weekly. The past several months, they have been really bad! After we open it, the next day or two, it is soggy and real brown!!! We are so upset with this situation.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Publix is a wonderful store. I had a particularly good experience at the Oakhurst Plaza Store last Thursday. The lady behind the Seafood counter was very friendly and helpful. I purchased the biggest, freshest snow crabs I had ever seen in a fish market or grocery store. She offered to run them under water to defrost for me since I was serving that evening. DELICIOUS!!!

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have been blessed to live in an area where we have a CHOICE of where to grocery shop and am quite dissatisfied with finding a Publix on EVERY corner in FL! I have NEVER seen such exorbitant pricing! "Sale" items are NEVER available and "rain checks", although convenient for the store, are time wasting and consuming for the CUSTOMER! There are always green shirts throughout the store; but finding one knowledgeable is futile! What is the POINT of asking if "you find everything okay" when you're met with complacency when answering "no"?! The number of times my items ring incorrectly in comparison to their aisle tag pricing is INFINITE! When I contest the pricing, it's ALWAYS a spectacle and I'm the one feeling ashamed I kept others waiting and feeling as if it is MY fault; the cashiers are amoeba-like personalities and offer NO apologies for ANY store inaccuracies!

Today, I tried... one MORE time to shop Publix (EVERY one in this town is sorely lacking professionalism and/or customer SERVICE); after 30 minutes of aisle shopping, searching for items apparently now discontinued, and not finding ANY help ANY where... I left the cart with all my items right beside the frozen food stocker who was OBVIOUSLY annoyed I stopped to ask HIM if they had a particular item. I got in my car and drove 18 miles to Aldi's. Even though this trip was longer and cost of gas averaged in, I wound up SAVING $31 on the groceries I WOULD HAVE purchased from Publix. The Aldi cashier was personable, fresh faced, and made ME feel like a VALUED customer. I do NOT value Publix, their blatant complacency, or the astronomical price GAUGING. Perhaps, others simply LIKE paying MORE for identical items AND being treated like a number on their stock exchange.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I requested a sunflower for the top of a chocolate ganache birthday cake and asked that it be as realistic as possible. I was blown away by the exquisite flower that was created! It looks exactly like a beautiful sunflower with each petal perfectly defined. I ordered it from the Powers Ferry Publix bakery in Atlanta, Georgia. Kudos to a great creative team!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Publix is not my favorite place to shop. You can never guarantee that if you find a product or item you like that they won’t discontinue it. They take your phone number and tell you they will order what you want, but you grow old waiting in vain for them to call. If you go with a grocery list you can guarantee your shopping list won’t be filled. They always ask if you found everything you were looking for. When your answer is “No,” they shrug-too bad. The Publix at Bee Ridge and Tamiami is the worst of this poor chain. I keep hoping Wegmans will move south.

Original review: June 14, 2018

On Wednesday, June 13 2018, between 10:00 and 10:30 a.m. I visited the Publix located in 4655 Gulf Blvd, St. Pete Beach, FL 33706. I fell on the floor in hall 10, there was water on the floor and there was no warning sign. I suffered for hitting my right knee. An employee came and only told me, "If everything is fine, you must get up", he never asked me how I felt. My husband and son were in another hallway and they arrived after I was able to get up from the floor. I had a lot of pain. I went with my son to the customer service to demand that they put a warning sign on their floors. They only heard me but they did not offer me any apologies or help. They do not care about the customer. They do not care if an accident happens in their supermarkets... They are negligent.

Original review: June 1, 2018

As a long-time and loyal customer of Publix for 20+ years, I have continued patronizing their stores in spite of an increasing trend of issues which eventually led up to me getting injured in their store during one of my recent shopping trips: they are routinely out of sale items at the start of their weekly sales, difficulty getting help in the deli with long wait times, insufficient lighting in the parking lot, employees that don't speak English and those with no knowledge of brands or where they are located in the store, produce that is either already bad on the shelf or it goes bad the next day. Dairy items routinely past their expiration date still on the shelf, poorly trained employees that refuse to check in back of the store for products out of stock on the shelf, food spills left on the floor too long, dirty bathrooms, long checkout lines, and inflated pricing.

During the hottest time of the year, the temperature of their stores is very very warm the last couple hours before closing time which can't be good for perishables. When I asked about it, I was told that the A/C is on a timer and is either turned off or the thermostat is turned way up a couple hours before closing. At about the same time, they close one of their entrances, so if a person is parked in a handicapped parking space, it isn't very helpful for them to have to walk all the way around to get to their car. It defeats the purpose of having handicapped parking. I have had a large amount of cash stolen, envelope and all, from my purse between the time it took me to pay for my groceries at the register before I could get out of line.

The people who bag your groceries are aggressive as they are quick to pull your cart away from you while your purse is still it, in order to bag your groceries. I have had 3 blouses ruined as they somehow get caught on sharp edges or spurs on the grocery cart, so when the grocery bagger decides to pull the cart away from you to put groceries in it, the blouse gets snagged. I have complained, but the issues continue. While they are flawless about making sure the customer is being charged for every item in a person's cart and on the belt, they often forget to put the items we pay for in our bags. This has resulted in several extra trips back to the store and another wait in line to get the item.

Publix keeps relocating inventory making it impossible to find anything and items don't get restocked timely. Out of stock items remain out of stock for extended periods of time. It is getting more and more difficult to shop at any given time of the day because their staff leaves large carts of inventory unattended, blocking customers access to grocery items. I consider myself a good and honest customer, because there have been times, when I have gotten home and found that items I never paid for mixed in with my groceries. I have made multiple trips back to their stores to return the items for their benefit and it was on my dime (gas money) even though it wasn't my fault.

Publix here in South Florida failed the community when hurricane Irma hit. Hurricane season comes every year, yet last year according to Publix's corporate office, they diverted a large portion of their water to Texas due to Hurricane Harvey leaving South Florida with a shortage of supplies also need by Floridians in preparation for Irma. There was no water to be found at any Publix stores unless you wanted to camp out in the heat from 7:00am til 11:00pm hoping for a shipment. One of the managers at the store told me they hadn't gotten a shipment in 2 days a few days before the hurricane was suppose to hit us. Sadly, many of us weren't able to get any water and After Irma concluded, the government never brought us anything like they had with previous hurricanes.

When Publix reopened their stores in the aftermath of the storm, they made all their loyal customers stand outside in the blistering 95+ degree weather while they let a few of us in at a time. I don't know what they were so worried about because the shelves were at least 50% empty. Publix was very insensitive to their customers during such a trying time. They even stopped giving us rainchecks after we made the treacherous trip there thru debris and waited in two very long lines. One of the reasons I preferred Publix over other stores was because of cleanliness. Unfortunately I can't say that anymore. Over time, I have reported spills and have noted a trend of Publix not addressing spills as promptly as they should be on busy days. They usually at least put a cone next to spills, but it doesn't always prevent accidents from happening.

When the store gets busy and the lines are long, Publix calls everyone up front until the lines of people paying for their groceries have been taken care of. A few months ago on a very busy holiday when the store was packed, I slipped in a very large spill on their floor. One of the other customers tried to warn me, but it was too late. My right Knee which already had issues slid sideways and nearly out from under me with me reaching out for my cart of groceries to prevent my fall, Of course the cart moved too. One of the witnesses close to me offered to get someone to help me from the back (meat and seafood department). Shortly after that, the store manager showed up. I had to ask for an incident report to be done when none was offered. He offered to clean my shoes.

When I took my left shoe off, I accidentally set my foot back down in the spill which others identified as soup, most likely from their hot bar a few feet away, but there was no container on the ground, nor was there any broken glass or any other container next to it. The food on the floor didn't come from the aisle shelf of that aisle. The temperature of the spill (soup) was room temperature, so it had been there for a few minutes, which doesn't make sense to me because the aisles were crowded with people. I stayed in the aisle where I had slipped until the incident report was completed. I barely got around the corner into the next aisle before the pain really set in. I tried to finish shopping, but the pain was too intense and I could feel my knee swelling up and a clicking sensation.

I notified the store manager what was going on, telling him I wouldn't be able to finish my shopping trip. 5 Months have passed and I haven't gotten any help from Publix on pain management, doctor's appointments, or diagnostic tests. Since I had been shopping at the store for the last 20 years, I really just wanted to settle this without legal representation. I was trying to give them a chance, but as it turned out, trusting Publix with my safety and then with accountability and integrity, was too much to hope for. Publix has a policy of only one pay out for settlements. I had no money for medical care, and for 5 months, I have truly suffered believing that Publix would do the right thing, but they didn't. They did offer me a small sum of money which is a joke.

At the same time, they do not feel they are responsible for my injury even though my MRI revealed a complete ligament tear because it was partially torn already and the recent slip completed the tear 100% in additional to a new meniscus problem. I am already disabled. My ACL was completely torn previously. I had it repaired. It was my ACL repair graft reconstruction that had a partial tear, but slipping at Publix completed the tear. This has now put me in the position of having to get an additional surgery I hadn't planned on getting any time soon, because my pain was minimal until what happened in their store. My knee is extremely painful and unstable now since my ACL graft reconstruction is completely torn. A brace had been ordered for me previously to help prevent additional tearing of my ACL graft, but there's no ACL to protect anymore.

Here's the kicker and double edge sword! According to Publix my expenses were minimal and that is part of the reason for the low settlement amount offered. Since Publix hasn't paid for any medical care for me and because my income is so small, that was all I could afford. If I had more money, I would have gotten more medical care a lot sooner. Now, I will have to wait even longer before I can go back to work again. I guess I will have to get an attorney now. I had really hoped that since I was trying to work this out with Publix, they would at least responsibility and be fair, but apparently not. I really needed to go back to work, because I'm don't have enough income to cover my living expenses. I really need to get my health issues resolved so I can work again.

This has cause a major setback for me. All this, and the pain, with no help from Publix. I wish I had gotten an attorney from the start. I can't believe it. During the 5 months that followed, their rep called me and made a point to throw their attorneys up in my face. How could I ever set foot in that store again. It isn't safe there, and they definitely don't take responsibility for not keeping their store safe and clean like they used to. This is how they treat their loyal customers who choose to spend their money in their stores. I just want people to see how Publix treats their loyal customer. I wonder if they have a clue how much money they are going to lose just from not having my business.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Not once but 3 times my Subs orders are never ready to be pick up, had to wait 10 to 25 minutes each time. Shopped at Woolbright. Have the worse deli associates you can imagine. Stay away from this Publix.

Publix Company Information

www.publix.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.