2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

Publix Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I come to this Publix basically daily during the week. The staff here is always cordial, pleasant and accommodating. Whether I come in the morning after a workout or at night to come and pick something up; the attitudes of the people that work there never change. For this store at 2250 John Rolfe Pkwy, there's only one word ... EXCELLENCE!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I absolutely love Publix! The service in every Publix I have been to has been great and the staff are always friendly and helpful. I’ve been to several Publix Supermarkets in Atlanta and they have all provided great service. The two things I love about the store other than the customer service are the fruit and deli sections. I do not purchase fruit from anywhere but Publix, and they come in different sizes containers if you need to purchase pre-cut fruit. The prices are reasonable and I shop there regularly for certain groceries I inquire. Also, sometimes the employees will help you put your groceries on belt when you’re checking out and I know for sure they will help you put your groceries in your car! Great perk.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Of all the grocery stores in my area in Knoxville TN this is my favorite of all. They are a cut above all the rest in cleanliness, courtesy, and a wide selection of foods and other products. It matters to me when you are treated like family in any area of the store. Other grocery stores here could learn a lot from Publix. May I add, the deli and bakery are upscale in all areas as well. Thank you Publix for having a store I enjoy shopping at...

Kathy

Original review: July 13, 2019

I moved to FL from NJ 5 years ago. I am extremely impressed with the excellent treatment of customers at FL Publix grocery stores, compared to NJ. Even Kings in NJ doesn't come close to Publix. The positive attitude of nearly every Publix employee is very refreshing. It is truly a pleasure to shop there. In NJ, even as a well liked regular customer, I frequently felt like an annoyance or imposition at Stop & Shop or Kings. At Publix, everyone goes the extra mile to help, with friendliness. They always offer to load my car.

The Publix brands have so far proven to be high quality. The fresh seafood display case is full of wonderful always fresh selections. Seafood service is excellent. The meat is excellent. They will always open a PKG to give you less if you ask. Produce will cut open a melon to check for ripeness, even if you don't commit to buying it. The deli always puts paper between cheese slices...with a smile! I could go on & on, but I think you can tell it's great at Publix. I know, who raves about a grocery store?! But I'm not kidding!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I was made homeless after a series of devastating events that were unexpected and uncontrollable a few months ago. I have had to force myself to search for assistance everywhere I could. After my rental car and cat, my only family and friend left, were stolen I was put on my feet to walk everywhere. Just 6 short years ago I was confined to an electric wheelchair but refused to accept that, got up and painfully started walking. Good thing! I have put as much as 8 miles in one day on shoes that were over a size too big. They blew out weeks ago and I am walking in shoes meant for 100 year old men but I am grateful to have them.

To make a spiritual, mental and physically painful story short, I have had to swallow every drop of pride a Marine/Sailor can possess and walk into grocery stores asking for work so I could eat after days of nothing. Kroger's always said NO, other stores declined any help at all. But every single Publix manager helped me. I was never told NO by any single manager. I am a 100% disabled veteran who normally gets a compensation paycheck but closed accounts after being robbed. Stopped that until a physical address can be obtained. I am thanked for my service a fair amount and when Publix says it I feel it to be true because they back it up with kindness and compassion along with food and don't ask me to work. Good thing.

My body is a total mess. I don't know if Publix assistance is a company mandate or if it just hires incredible people. I fully believe the latter since a manager in Dunwoody, GA near St. Joseph Hospital (The most uncaring, worst attitudes, Better than you can possibly be since you are homeless and don't rise to their standards and station, pompous ** doctors in the entire country) used his own money to buy me a sandwich and 10.00. He is the only manager to give me money but all 3 Publix I have been to in 3 months of fighting to survive, sleeping on concrete and worse conditions like cold, rain and scorching heat, have bought me food from the deli.

Prices of grocery in Atlanta have risen to incredible levels after the influx of 7000 people per week moving here from all over the world but Publix remains consistently fair. So when someone says "Thank you for your service" I am suspect of possible lip service from that person trying to make themselves feel good about themselves but when Publix says it I have to believe it's true. The other two stores were in Smyrna, GA and Austell, GA. GOOD PEOPLE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I would play and had millions of tokens. My computer was hacked and I had some guy continually calling my house and making claims that I won something but I had to pay an upfront fee. I confronted him several times and one day he got tired of being called out and threatened me by saying he knew where I lived and in a roundabout way I would be sexually assaulted. I filed a police report.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Cornerstone at Lake Mary Store Number: 833 825 Rinehart Rd Lake Mary, FL 32746-4867. The deli section has the most incompetent employees you will ever see. We orders Prosciutto and they never separated each slice with wax paper. It looks like a pile of meat all stuck together, seriously? The worst Publix in Florida hands down!

Original review: April 15, 2020

My $300 purchase at the Hood Road store in Palm Beach Gardens was split in 2 transactions. The credit card machine didn’t work so they called a brown haired overweight short woman from management (don’t know her name) and she refused to look at my cc screen but kept grabbing my credit card and contaminating it with her ungloved hands. So we stood there for a while holding up the line due to her refusal to help with the credit card machine. She was extremely rude and told me to go to another register instead of offering to see what the cc machine was saying in Spanish. I speak English not Spanish.

I asked for a higher store manager and this woman rolled her eyes and said she doesn’t need to this. An assistant manager gentlemen came and kindly talked me through the transactions. Despite this other manager holding up the line, putting everyone at risk due to her attitude, she stormed off stating “I don’t need to put my life on the line for this”.

This is what we have come to refer to as a “coronavirus attitude” mostly on the part of management that has not been educated and trained on how to provide customer service during a pandemic. Employees like her should be furloughed or let go. They don’t want to be at work, behave as if they are forced to be at their jobs and feel the need to announce that they are only coming to work to put themselves at risk and do you a favor. Customers are being put at great risk when managers are not doing their job to manage and assist with legitimate issues. With so many people out of jobs, you are better served by keeping the people who want to work, of which there are many. It makes for a safer environment.

This kind of unprofessional and antagonistic behavior on the part of management sets a very poor example for the rest of your employees. It’s absolutely shameful that these kind of employees think they are doing the customer some kind of favor by being at work when there are millions of unemployment claims and others who can respectfully and professionally do their job.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I tried the Publix Instacart Service & I will never use it again, what a mess! I have placed orders with both Target & Walmart websites both before & after this Publix order & the orders have always been 100% accurate with free shipping. Publix needs to take ownership of this problem & fix deficiencies & not pass it off as not their problem.

I am a loyal Publix shopper & I expected more from Publix; this needs to be fixed. I placed an order through the Publix App after an email from Publix stated the 1st order was free to try their service. My order was authorized for up to $200 based upon my total of approximately $158 & I did not authorize any substitutions.

My order arrived & it was left at the door & some items were correct however, substitutions had been made without my authorization.

Later that same day, a second load of groceries were left at my door with duplicated items, substitutions & one item that was not even on the list. A few days later, two separate charges appeared on my credit card bill for Instacart. I called the Publix Supermarket near where I live & spoke with the Customer Service employee & explained what had happened & I needed a receipt.

She informed me that Instacart is supposed to call me to authorize substitutions which they failed to do & that I should have gotten a receipt from Instacart in my email which I did not receive. To my surprise, she told me that Instacart is a 3rd Party & that I would have to call them to get a receipt & resolve this issue & she gave me a toll free number to call.

I called the number for Instacart & I got an automated message stating that my wait time would be 18 min. so I waited in what I thought was a queue when the automated system then informed me that my wait time would be 48 min. so I hung up. I tried calling Instacart the next day & the automated system informed me my wait time would be 108 min. so I gave up on that.

I called my credit card company & explained the situation & disputed both charges with instructions for Instacart to call me to resolve this issue. I only authorized ONE order & there was no indication in the Publix App that this was not a Publix service since it has the Publix logo & I had received an email from Publix inviting me to try it free on my first order.

Original review: March 31, 2020

So Publix has put limits on certain items I get that and had signs up over certain items that had limits on them. However there were no signs by cookies. I had 3 different types of cookies in my buggy that were bogo and the bagger says there is a limit of 2 on those. I replied there was no sign by them and neither by the single burritos of a 2 limit. The signs were posted in dairy section and certain frozen items as well as paper items. So I was not gonna argue about it just let them take the stuff and cashier even saved one of the cookies I had for herself to buy. LOL I had to laugh at it all because cookies are not a necessity just junk food and the 4 organic breakfast burritos I could only get 2 of them. It's all good cause for the few items I got my total was 76 and some change and they lost about 21 bucks extra on that sale and a lot more cause now I'm gone as a customer.

Publix Company Information