3.78/5
  • 1 star
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Publix

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

347 Publix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought several one gallon bottles of Publix water before Hurricane Irma. Put them single file in the living room closet. A month after the hurricane I noticed the laminate floor buckling! I went and opened the closet doors to find a wet floor and two bottles totally void of their water. It is under our flooring! Living in Florida, one thing you don’t want is water damage. Mold grows fast! My brother and I brought a bottle to the Publix I bought them at. The manager took a statement and sent the bottle to corporate. Of course, we got a call saying it wasn’t their fault!!! B.S.!! I posted this in Facebook and I have had many people come back and say their bottles leaked also.

Our whole floor, master bedroom, living room, kitchen, hallway all has to be replaced because of this. We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars! This is the fault of Publix and their inferior packaging. They told us to go through our insurance company. Why should we have to do that and possible have raised premiums or actually be dropped because of this claim! Plus we have a .$1,000.00 deductible - money we do not have. Publix needs to take responsibility for their crappy packaging!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Very bad unbelievable shopping experience at Publix Verano, 9335 Commerce Centre Dr. Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34986. First of all, I love to shop at Publix, the best professional customer service out of all grocery stores I had been shopping around Florida, until this happened twice at the store Verano. We accidentally Googled Publix Bogo App wasn't right location at this particular store. "I found out until later after manager explained to us what would happen". At check out, my items wasn't scanned at Bogo, we showed cashier the app on my phone, she was nice and offer to check with Manager because on the App said it effective 1/10 - 1/16, we are at the store on 1/10 around 8 pm, so how come this sale wouldn't apply to system. The other cashier from another line came over, her name is **, she said: "No not today, not until next week"

I showed her my phone why wouldn't, it said effective 1/10 -1/16. She started get louder and answer every unprofessional: "Don't even look at the App, this Halo ice cream is on sale, it better than Baskin Robbin, not on sale tomorrow, next week sale. Do you want them or not??" Just like that. Then she grabbed another male manager name ** walked by, he looked at paper App really quick, “No not until next week...” then he walked away. No explanation. I was disappointed because of her attitude, I told my cashier who bringing me up, “I'm sorry I won't get the rest of my items,” it about 11 other items. As we leaving the store, right at the door, she made comment VERY LOUD: "Oh, you don't get any of this items because THE BOGO ICE CREAM and so on..." I didn't remember all her comments.

I walked right back to the store, I asked for Manager in charge tonight. I told her she is VERY RUDE from the beginning, she shouldn't treat customer like this, I'm going to Publix for good shopping experience. Even the cashier who very nice helping me from beginning was agreed with me that ** doesn't have to be RUDE. She ran to the phone and paid over intercom, the other seem like manager ** walked around us to different direction, he doesn't want to talk to us. Then she ran in the Manager office, 5 minutes later a Manager came out after ** told her side of story. The Manager explained to us about the location on my phone, that I might picked different store, so the Bogo promotion vary by stories. I thank her to showed it to me, I didn't notice. But I shouldn't experience very BAD AND RUDE customer service from **, all she have to do just explain to me. How could I know??? If the App from Publix.com.

It happened last time with Lay’s potatoes chips, I just paid for my items and went home angry, no-one wouldn't explain to me why. I believed same person who very Rude to me, if the store would go through their video footage. We shopped at Publix 3 times every weeks, even know their Items every pricey compare to tons of grocery stores surround us. I love to shop at Publix to have the good experience, very helpful employees, I feel like family. I was shock, angry and disappointed, will never ever come back to Verano Publix again. I normally don't write review on shopping experience, I hope everyone who read this will aware of location on the App so won't have problems like me, and very bad experience if you have deal with ** at Verano Publix. I gave 1 star for Verano store only not all Publix.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Publix is my local grocery store. I probably go there at least 3/4 times a week. Their customer service is excellent & if they are out of something or especially if they no longer carry that item, they will make sure they order it for you. To me, good customer service means everything & I will go out of my way & even pay a little more for items I want, but luckily neither is necessary since their prices are reasonable & they're a store close by.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Best local store in Fl. There are too many of lesser quality here and more opening weekly. Keep going back to Publix and will keep trying the new ones in case.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Personnel are very helpful. Always ask customers if they have found products easily, or if assistance is needed. Weekly specials are always available for price comparison w/ other brands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

PUBLIX has a good variety of the groceries I need, prices usually good (other stores have sales, BOGO's, etc) and staff are dyno-mite; That has got to be a tough job dealing with different personalities but they have maintained a positive attitude!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The store has a pleasant atmosphere. The aisles are wide and easy to go around in. The clerks are nice and helpful. I love that they always have "bogos". They are handicap friendly.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Excellent service and value. They follow-through on special requests. The aisles are spotless, fresh fruits and vegetables displayed well and of excellent quality. Deli bar is accommodating.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Publix Supermarkets around my area provide an excellent quality on the products they sell and the staff, from the managers to the janitors are, by far, the friendliest and most helpful of any other supermarket!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

A little more expensive but well worth it considering the higher quality and freshness. Baked goods made in the store of pretty good quality, vegetables are fresher than any other grocery I have been, good wine selection, and reasonable check out lines.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Publix is a premium supermarket. More expensive than the other local supermarkets but the best around for quality and service. Coupons and BOGOs help drive the price of things down a bit but if price is your most important consideration you'd probably be better off shopping elsewhere. When it comes to fresh fruits and vegetables and meats I won't go to any other supermarket.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Great prices, sales and coupons. Friendly service and helpful staff. Good selection of products and items never out of stock. Clean stores and always a pleasant shopping experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Publix is great. They have VERY fresh produce. They have excellent store brands. Their yogurt is my favorite. The hot food counter is always well stocked and best looking. A+++ customer service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

The only reason I can't give a 5 in all areas is because of the very high prices, unless a product is on sale, otherwise, this store is excellent. They have products that I can't find in other stores.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Customer service is second to none!!! If you cannot find something, the employee will walk you to the proper aisle and select the product for you. One time, the bakery employee searched for me in the store because she found the item I was looking for to give it to me.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I really like my store. If they don't have something I want they get it and make sure they keep it in. This is customer service... Customer service is something most places don't have anymore and it's very IMPORTANT to me.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

The friendliness and customer service is palpable. I wish there were more brand choices and the quality of the produce could improve, too. I like the food demonstrations and the recipes with the ingredients already gathered for you to choose and purchase. The recipes are usually pretty good.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Publix is way too expensive anymore. Each one has different prices. Meat looks good but isn't. No flavor, no taste. They really didn't have competition till Walmart opened and Winn Dixie cleaned up. You almost have to buy there to hope it's USA beef. Buying two for one is their only deal. But W DIXIE has great produce like Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

They always have plenty of help and any one of them will answer your question and take you to the product if needed. The stores are always clean and well stocked.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

The stores are always clean and well stocked. The associates are always friendly and ready to help you locate things. The prices are always competitive with other stores.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have been shopping at Publix for several years. You have to watch the store ads since they have great buy one get one free sales every week. Some of their prices are high compared to other stores unless you get them on sale. They have awesome meats and produce but they are very expensive if not on sale.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Publix supermarkets are the best chain in the south. If you shop wisely their prices are comparable to all of the chains. Their BOGOs make them very competitive.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The stores are clean and set up in a logical easy way to find items. Produce and meats are are fresh. Employees are friendly, helpful and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I use Publix as my main go to grocery store. I like their coupon values. I also like their senior citizen discounts on Wednesday which is 5%. Also, they have great buy one get one free offers.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I had one real bad experience. The cashier was talking about the customer in front of me to the bagger then he did my order. I handed him my money, he puts my change on the counter and started scanning the customer behind me.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Publix is a great grocery store. I like the fact that they hire people with disabilities and the elderly. I would do all my shopping there if it was not so expensive.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Publix is a pleasant place to shop and the bakery and Deli are top notch and one of the few stores that carry cabbage rolls and their seafood section is good too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Publix prices are crazy high compared to all other shopping options. I've begun to buy everything possible at either Aldi's or Target, then Publix for items I can't find anywhere else.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The store is clean and has fresh fruit and veggies. The employee are wonderful and helpful. My husband and I enjoy going to Publix to shop. We would pass another store just to go there.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have shopped Publix since 1984 and love the store, love their ads, love the personal touch to customers and most important their quality products. Their cleanliness and helpful employees is very important. I truly trust the store and products. Publix store brands are better than any other store. I won't buy Kroger store brands but will always buy the Publix brand because I have not found one yet that wasn't excellent.

Publix Company Information

www.publix.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use