3.96/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 3, 2018

371 Publix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 3, 2018

Publix is in walking distance and we walk almost daily to get items for our dinner. Love Publix and the employees are awesome all the time. My husband and I have been shopping at store 601 Oglethorpe Crossing, 3435 Ashford Dunwoody Road since 2009. For the last year or so, we have been taking items back to the store because they are out of date. In addition, we hear a lot that this Publix do not stock certain items due to location. Not sure why because this is a very nice area. It is very disappointing when we have to go out of our area to shop at the Town of Brookhaven Super Market. It is getting to the point where my husband and I do not want to shop at Publix because it is very unsettling to get home to start dinner to discover something is wrong with the item. Thank you in advance for getting Publix's standards back up to parts.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I lived in Florida for ten years and travel back frequently. I’ve have always loved Publix and we were thrilled when we heard they would finally be in Asheville. It is not at all the same. The grand opening made it seem the same but within weeks it slipped and has continued to slip. They are often out of my favorite coffee, and many other items on a regular basis; shelves are out of stock every time I visit, and that is pretty often. Last but not least the bogos are buried in the store not in front bins or in obvious positions. The last straw, they took all the gluten-free products from King Arthur out of the stores. I find myself having to go to other stores to find my items and now I’m going to move to online. Very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I was at Spanish River in Boca Raton FL and the women making my sandwich was rolling her eyes and could not talk English well at all. She was so rude. I told the store manager and he did nothing about it. If it keeps going on I will be calling some other people.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I kinda feel bad, but I’m a cashier for Rouses. My husband and I had to come in to Publix and pick up his prescription because we have never been inside so we didn’t use the drive-thru. Something I’ve always used there. We walked in and my mouth dropped! I thought we were clean, Publix is where it’s at!!! Everyone there is so nice and all smiles always asking if you need anything!! I was super impressed with the drink machine. I was kinda embarrassed that I was in my Rouses uniform! I have to add you all have baggers!!! I was so shocked. I couldn’t believe it. Where have I been all this time!

I know from now on where I’m going not just for the cleanliness of the store but I love that everyone smiles! That’s what I believe in a smile goes a long way with a customer and a simple, "Hello how is your day?" Thank you, Publix for making my first time experience super AMAZING!!! Now I see why my parents shop Publix and I can’t get them to shop at my store! That’s sad!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I love service. Always great service. And their meats are great. Some things cost more but if you get sales items you do good. Animal cat and dog foods cost more, as do laundry products. Veggies are fresh and good variety. Great lunch meats. I shop for sales and use coupons. Overall I give it a A for how clean and personnel treat customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I started using Publix pharmacy almost 2 years ago as soon as we moved down to Florida. From the very first time I picked up my prescriptions they were rude. I'm talking about Erin, Miranda, and Kim. I'm disabled and although you wouldn't see it if you looked at me I am in severe pain every minute of every day. So when I came in to pick up my prescription of a short and long acting narcotic they were angry. Who knows why but they decided I shouldn't be on those drugs.

They don't know anything about me, but they judged me. They shame me every month I pick something up, it's awful! I have left crying because of the awful way these pharmacists treat me, like I'm a drug addict. There is absolutely zero kindness in these women. I have a disease called CRPS. It is invisible and if they even ONCE contacted my doctor maybe they would treat me better. Instead I go in there and every. Single. Time. Have to wait..."they're working on it". Yeah right. They are catty, and waste more time chatting than they do counting to 90. Shame on them. I have also voided my latest script and am going to another pharmacy. These women should be fired.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

The deli at this Publix (The Market at Southside) has the worst customer service in Orlando. The employees are rude and do not greet customers appropriately. The line is always long during usual business hours. Even when there is not a line, they make you wait displaying an attitude while employees talk among themselves. I must go out of my way for Publix deli services even though this is close to home. But there are times when that is not possible. Every time I attempt to use this deli there is always an issue with bad attitudes and bad service. Tried to get slices of turkey meat the other night around 8pm when there was not a line. The woman behind the counter was wrapping up meat and did not acknowledge me even though she was right in front of the counter.

After she set the meat aside, she picked up a block of cheese and walked away. When she was in front of the slicer is when she told me with attitude she would be right with me while holding up the cheese as if to show me she is too busy to help. Frustrating! I walked away at this point. Informed the deli manager about the lack of service. Who I must say was professional and had empathy towards my experience. Too bad her crew is not following her standards. Yet, complaining about it seems to fall on deaf ears because the same awful people with attitudes still work there after years of complaints and problems. The average wait time here is over 30 minutes! And, product ordered is most of the time sloppy and mishandled.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Publix has fresher produce than Winn Dixie, meat is just as good. Items are easier to find due to aisle layout. Staff is always helpful too.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Publix is a great store where every employee is helpful and courteous, and the goods provided are excellent. The staff never forgets to inquire if help is needed taking my purchases to the car.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

My local Publix store has some good foods but their service and having items in stock is not always good. Their leadership needs help also! It is crowded and hard to find what you are looking for with their display system.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

There is always someone to help you. If an item is not in stock, they will give you a rain check. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. They will bring in a product for you if, they can.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Though its prices are high, Publix offers many sale items and buy one/get one free products. Workers in a store I visit are very friendly and helpful. Stores are always clean and smell good. Not always the case with other companies.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Publix is by far the best grocery chain in the area. Always clean, fresh produce, fantastic bakery and deli. Their employees are friendly and helpful. The store layout is easy to follow with wide isles for the carts. They always have several employees in the meat department to help with selection, cuts and the best way to cook the meat. The seafood department rivals all grocery stores around.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Publix has quality produce, good product selection, great customer service. A bit pricey on most items, but if you shop the BOGOs and special deals is comparable to big box/warehouse stores.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

They came into town as a total stranger and they changed the thinking of all the other stores overnight. Service has improved throughout as everyone has tried to copy service and quality. Some have come close but Publix is still the best.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Publix is a great store with a variety of fresh foods. The customer is treated as if they are important and valued. Their bakery is second to none. Prices are sometimes more than neighboring stores, but you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Publix stocks the best produce in our area. I can always find fresh tasting fruits and vegetables. The competition doesn't offer nearly the variety or the freshness.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Publix is our local grocery and satisfies all our needs. Other stores are opening in this area but most are not of the same quality as Publix so for me and my family, we will continue to patronize Publix.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I bought several one gallon bottles of Publix water before Hurricane Irma. Put them single file in the living room closet. A month after the hurricane I noticed the laminate floor buckling! I went and opened the closet doors to find a wet floor and two bottles totally void of their water. It is under our flooring! Living in Florida, one thing you don’t want is water damage. Mold grows fast! My brother and I brought a bottle to the Publix I bought them at. The manager took a statement and sent the bottle to corporate. Of course, we got a call saying it wasn’t their fault!!! B.S.!! I posted this in Facebook and I have had many people come back and say their bottles leaked also.

Our whole floor, master bedroom, living room, kitchen, hallway all has to be replaced because of this. We are talking thousands and thousands of dollars! This is the fault of Publix and their inferior packaging. They told us to go through our insurance company. Why should we have to do that and possible have raised premiums or actually be dropped because of this claim! Plus we have a .$1,000.00 deductible - money we do not have. Publix needs to take responsibility for their crappy packaging!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Publix is one of the cleanest and friendly stores around. They run great sales and if you can't find an item they will go and get it for you and let you know where the item was.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Staff always pleasant and very helpful whenever needed. Love the bogo offers and stores appear immaculate. Like the cooking school and the sampling for recipes. Live the online ordering for deli!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I love Publix. If I can't find a product they will order it for me especially if they do not carry the product I am looking for. Publix made the cream spinach I was looking for a permanent product for the store. No other store does this.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

They try to be more organic, diverse, however price and quality are sometimes challenging. Meats are high priced, as are veg and fruit, if I have to, I wait for my CSA to come back into production, because even though I pay up front and have to wait for produce, etc, the quality and value are amazing, so much cheaper, and no packaging to recycle or throw away.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Publix is consistently well stocked, clean and provide excellent customer service at all stores. Provide organically grown vegetable and meat selections. In store pharmacy is also convenient.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Very bad unbelievable shopping experience at Publix Verano, 9335 Commerce Centre Dr. Port Saint Lucie, Florida 34986. First of all, I love to shop at Publix, the best professional customer service out of all grocery stores I had been shopping around Florida, until this happened twice at the store Verano. We accidentally Googled Publix Bogo App wasn't right location at this particular store. "I found out until later after manager explained to us what would happen". At check out, my items wasn't scanned at Bogo, we showed cashier the app on my phone, she was nice and offer to check with Manager because on the App said it effective 1/10 - 1/16, we are at the store on 1/10 around 8 pm, so how come this sale wouldn't apply to system. The other cashier from another line came over, her name is **, she said: "No not today, not until next week"

I showed her my phone why wouldn't, it said effective 1/10 -1/16. She started get louder and answer every unprofessional: "Don't even look at the App, this Halo ice cream is on sale, it better than Baskin Robbin, not on sale tomorrow, next week sale. Do you want them or not??" Just like that. Then she grabbed another male manager name ** walked by, he looked at paper App really quick, “No not until next week...” then he walked away. No explanation. I was disappointed because of her attitude, I told my cashier who bringing me up, “I'm sorry I won't get the rest of my items,” it about 11 other items. As we leaving the store, right at the door, she made comment VERY LOUD: "Oh, you don't get any of this items because THE BOGO ICE CREAM and so on..." I didn't remember all her comments.

I walked right back to the store, I asked for Manager in charge tonight. I told her she is VERY RUDE from the beginning, she shouldn't treat customer like this, I'm going to Publix for good shopping experience. Even the cashier who very nice helping me from beginning was agreed with me that ** doesn't have to be RUDE. She ran to the phone and paid over intercom, the other seem like manager ** walked around us to different direction, he doesn't want to talk to us. Then she ran in the Manager office, 5 minutes later a Manager came out after ** told her side of story. The Manager explained to us about the location on my phone, that I might picked different store, so the Bogo promotion vary by stories. I thank her to showed it to me, I didn't notice. But I shouldn't experience very BAD AND RUDE customer service from **, all she have to do just explain to me. How could I know??? If the App from Publix.com.

It happened last time with Lay’s potatoes chips, I just paid for my items and went home angry, no-one wouldn't explain to me why. I believed same person who very Rude to me, if the store would go through their video footage. We shopped at Publix 3 times every weeks, even know their Items every pricey compare to tons of grocery stores surround us. I love to shop at Publix to have the good experience, very helpful employees, I feel like family. I was shock, angry and disappointed, will never ever come back to Verano Publix again. I normally don't write review on shopping experience, I hope everyone who read this will aware of location on the App so won't have problems like me, and very bad experience if you have deal with ** at Verano Publix. I gave 1 star for Verano store only not all Publix.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Publix is my local grocery store. I probably go there at least 3/4 times a week. Their customer service is excellent & if they are out of something or especially if they no longer carry that item, they will make sure they order it for you. To me, good customer service means everything & I will go out of my way & even pay a little more for items I want, but luckily neither is necessary since their prices are reasonable & they're a store close by.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Best local store in Fl. There are too many of lesser quality here and more opening weekly. Keep going back to Publix and will keep trying the new ones in case.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Personnel are very helpful. Always ask customers if they have found products easily, or if assistance is needed. Weekly specials are always available for price comparison w/ other brands.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

PUBLIX has a good variety of the groceries I need, prices usually good (other stores have sales, BOGO's, etc) and staff are dyno-mite; That has got to be a tough job dealing with different personalities but they have maintained a positive attitude!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The store has a pleasant atmosphere. The aisles are wide and easy to go around in. The clerks are nice and helpful. I love that they always have "bogos". They are handicap friendly.

Publix Company Information