Publix

Compare Grocery Stores

Research top Grocery Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Publix in Pensacola, FL (Mobile Hwy Location), hiring new cashiers, unfortunately wasn't trained on customer service. The cashier and (Bagger) was determining if they would accept a Coupon!!! I have been going to this store since it opening and have used this Competitor's coupon over 20 times before. Cashier determined I was $5.00 under amount needed, Bagger had calculator out going over my order, (customers behind me rolling eyes) cashier kept looking to her for confirmation they wouldn't accept coupon. Yes, it was very tacky, unprofessional and absolutely the craziest behavior I have ever seen in a grocery checkout Lane. Completely embarrassed in front of the other customers, like I was trying to steal something.

I left the lane, bought additional $10 plus and returned to the same Lane as she held my order. As I returned Cashier apologized and I said "It's a little late for that." Cashier said "I don't think you need the additional merchandise and was going to check with manager." (OMG) I said "Forget it, I have it already in my cart (as all my cold food is hot now due to this circus)..." Bottom line she didn't read the coupon and just made assumptions, this coupon has no restrictions and had no idea what she was talking about or doing!!! We spend between $500 to $700 a month. Wow!!! Lose a customer over cashier not trained, and Bagger needing to know their position not to jump in where they didn't belong!!!

Purchased a watermelon at one of the stores in Pensacola. When I got home cut it in half to find the inside white and slimy. Well since I paid 9.99 for it I took it back and went to the service counter to complain to find out they did not want to see (and asked me not to take it out of the bag - as if he did not want to clean up what he had just sold us). Then the guy took it and put it on the floor then gave me some kind of gift card. I then asked for my money back to be rudely told they do not give back money only gift cards. I guess I could understand that if the product was in good shape and I just wanted to return it but this was uneatable and the website says any money will be gladly refunded. Well you find out it is only gladly refunded if it is under $5.00. They should remove the whole batch from their shelves and take them off the market.

Publix claims for the customer satisfaction that if a customer is not satisfy with an item bought from Publix then Publix can gladly refund for the item. I came to Publix 1591 GA highway 20 NE Conyers GA but the manager refused to let me return the item because it was used. Hello, how could someone be not satisfied unless he uses the item. I called customer service 800# but according to them it's totally up to the manager decision. When I asked about the Publix promising sign the rep said it's franchise policy to put the sign. Which means they have policy to make promise but it's up to the manager if he keeps the promise.

When I go grocery shopping I need to pack up my bags very light because I have multiple sclerosis and have extremely painful nerve pain my hands. The policy is if I say that I would prefer bagging that my wishes get respected. Well tonight, he refused and I said, "It's important for the bags to be very light. Make them lighter than you would define as light." I get my bags to the car and two large containers of strawberries and 3 large containers of blueberries are in one bag. Another bag had multiple, large creamers and additional items in one bag. I asked for no more than 4 cans of vegetables and each one had five. So I was forced to carry these bags and now my pain is flared. If I have a right to bag my own groceries then I don't want to go through a five minute explanation of why. Just respect my wishes as a customer. I'm extremely disappointed that this continues to be a area that is not getting through to the workers. Everything else is run well.

I went to Publix Pharmacy at Veranda Shoppes in Plantation/FLORIDA 02/08/2017 at 4:00 pm (less than 250 ft from home) and with the prescription on hands I asked about ** and I believed that the attendant was honest to provide the best information, unfortunately not. He was attending me and a friend of him called and he said to me to wait a little bit and started to laugh on the phone (around 05 min). I believed he must learn urgently to respect the client because for him his friend is much more important than the client. He said the price is around US$ 52 to US$55 if I don't have insurance and I must wait around 10 minutes to be manipulated. Anytime he informed me that product I don't need to buy with him, he was rude.

I didn't like the way I was treated!!! I picked up my car at home and drove to Target Pharmacy 8201 SW 3rd Street Plantation/Florida (0.7 miles from home) with the prescription and the attendant informed that product I could find on the shelf for around US$22. Of course I bought there and I never more will buy at the Publix Pharmacy. It should be noted that The Publix Supermarket the employees are always respectful, and honest and provide the best information. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Ever since my Publix in Prattville made changes in the store, it has gone down hill. I always loved shopping here, but not now. The first thing that hits you is the strong fishy smell. This was one thing that has changed. This is a sign that the fish dept is not cleaning as they did before change. They had plenty of people working, so you didn't have to search the store for items. Often out of stock of advertised products. This has happened to me just about every time I have been in the store, since they changed. They don't want the people stocking to help a customer. This is just a few of the things that are making me search out for other options. The staff for the most part is great. Just don't have enough workers. I can get this kind of service from a big box store.

If there were a zero star I would review as a zero! PUBLIX BY THE MEADOWS #588. For the past several years this Publix has always been low on inventory. There isn't one time that I visit this Publix that I can find all the items I need. You walk down the isles and they are empty. Many times they don't have the milk my daughters drink, juice, snack bars. Either the manager needs to go or retrained on how to always have the stored stocked. A regional manager needs to visit this store to see how shopping is not a pleasure. Very poor customer service in regards to inventory.

Also, there are times that I have gone and they don't even have steaks, pork, etc. If the items are BOGO good luck if you can find them because they run out and do not restock up. Most of my neighbors and I have switched to the Publix on Coral Way since this manager does really know what he's doing. They are always fully stocked, but the bad thing is that it's a bit farther and store #588 is closer!

I live very close to both a Publix and Winn Dixie Supermarkets. I have shopped at Publix since 1992 when I first moved here. My Publix is the Delray Square Shopping Center in Delray Beach, FL. My issue is with their policy at their bakery. I cannot buy FRESH baked bread, same day baked, unless the day old bread in their shelves is sold out. I want FRESH bread and if that is available, why not allow the customers to buy it? Some people don't care, but I do! I buy enough for 2 days. Therefore for me, 3 day old bread is OLD bread. I've tried to explain this to their bakery people, to the Bakery Mgr, and today to the Store Mgr to no avail. They all give me their version of fresh bread. Please! I'm not an idiot. I guess I have to take my business elsewhere.

Being handicapped I am relieved that there is always a cart available for me. I also am pleased for the organic and vegan dairy substitute sections... Please offer more choices. On the negative side the prices are occasionally substantially higher than a nearby competitor such as the cost of So Delicious ice cream made with coconut milk and almond milk and sweetened with a fruit source instead of sugar.

When this location first opened it was great. Lately they have had more managers come and go. The current one just got sent here from the McCalla al Alabama location. She is the most hateful racist person I have ever encountered. Needless to say Aldi's will be getting my business from here on out and the seafood dept stinks.

Customer service is very good and the stores are clean. When it gets busy at the registers they open up another register and they always offer to help you out with your groceries. Sometimes they have to do extra training to new employees as to bagging the product you purchase be it like items together and how much to put in a bag and even out the weight. The quality of their meat is very good in comparison to other grocery stores I have bought the meats at. Prices are a little higher and I wish they would run lower prices on specials in their meat department. But you pay more for the convenience of the fast customer service and the overall cleanliness of the whole store.

Has a great variety of products and I like their BOGO ads. Meat quality is excellent but feel it is overpriced. I wish they would carry more of a hostess selection and keep it better stocked. Usually their cashiers are friendly but they and their bag people need training on bagging.

I shop at Wal-Mart, Winn-Dixie and Publix. I absolutely hate Wal-Mart, adore the Dixie but my fave is Publix, especially their outstanding produce which lasts a good long time in the fridge! Love their choices. I can even obtain Wild Rice and Red Lentils there without having to journey to a specialty store. Additionally, the aisles are well marked with clear and readable signs indicating where items are located. Great service as well.

Publix is great. I love shopping there. The staff is almost like family. I'm always greeted with a smile and "Can I help you with something". The coupon and return policy is the best. Customer service always goes out their way to help satisfied you. There is always B1G1 free sales. What more can one ask for? Also during the holiday's items that a family would use for their family celebration for the most part are always on sale and that makes meal planning great.

I love this store. They always have all the latest products and the BOGO deals are always a great way for me to save money. The people are always friendly and very helpful. I always leave Publix with a smile on my face.

I just tried Publix for the first and last time. Just before Christmas I went into Publix to buy veal shanks for osso buco. There weren't any in the case so I checked with the butcher. He checked and came back and said yes he had some and would have it out to me right away. He handed them to me and that was the only thing bought. Last night I decided to make osso buco. I was really taken aback by the amount of bone. I bought 2 pieces total just over a pound and it came to $21.00. When I turned the pieces over I found one had a huge bone. I made them anyway, but was really annoyed. I weighed the bones. One piece had bone weighing 1.7 oz. That is perfectly acceptable and about what one expect in an 8 oz shank. The second, however had a bone weighing 3.7 oz. Nearly half of the eight ounce shank was bone!

So today I went into the store to express my disappointment. And if it were a case of me picking up a package out of the case that was like that, it would be on me. But remember I spoke to and received these pieces directly from the butcher. Today when I went into the to show why I would not ever shop there again the young lady was very pleasant. She even offered a refund which I declined. She convinced me to talk with the meat dept manager. I said ok. But I said what would he do say "oops I got caught cheating a customer". As it would turn out, the manager was the guy with whom I made the order.

When I showed him the bones he said he hadn't actually cut them, that he had someone cut them and that person should have boned them better. He offered veal shanks at some future date. But made no effort to do anything today. I cannot believe a store like Publix that makes such an effort to be more than the competition, is just like a small time butcher shop with the thumb on the scale. Don't shop Publix!

The Publix Store I usually shop at is well run, ample stock, neat, clean, and pleasant management and associates. A nice shopping atmosphere. Prices are competitive, and weekly BOGO offer are done at the regular pricing. Some retailers raise the price as a loss leader. Publix does not follow these practices.

Publix has always been my favorite grocery store however, they have gone downhill in the past 5 to 6 years. But our closest store is the Roseland Sebastian Florida store. This has to be the worst store in the chain, or at least the worst I have ever shopped at. Employees are clueless and their choice of merchandise seems to be in short supply. They ALWAYS say, "We have limited shelf space". Forget about special ordering, they haven't been able to get a special order product yet. They have even advertised items in their weekly flyer and this store doesn't have it. "We don't carry that" they say. So why was it in the ad? In addition the prices at Publix are much higher than Walmart which is practically next door so guess where I buy those items? I go to Publix only for their BOGO'S and their milk. This Roseland store has a lot to be desired.

Publix is a high-end store which is good shopping however, many prices are higher on the same items that can be purchased at other stores. With so many new products on the market, Publix cannot stock all the items because of shelf space. What I do like about Publix is that they carry a line of meats and other products called Greenwise. The meats are grass fed, and the products are organic. I'm into health so I do like their Greenwise products.

I always enjoy shopping at Publix. They are friendly, courteous, and helpful. When I had bronchitis, they helped me with medicine or I would have been really worse. The food is delicious. They even steam lobster and shrimp.

Publix is generally awesome. Customer service, over the top; doesn't carry an item - mention it to manager, you will probably see it show up a few weeks later. I moved and the new Publix by me was sub-par, I took a survey and was honest and boom - the following week, the employees were over the top friendly and accommodating. It was impressive.

One on Anderson road Tampa just reopened. Been shopping there for 14 years and hate the new store employees are very cold and just don't care about customers. Use to know everyone in deli and rest of store. Use to look forward to shopping at this location. Now I will not get any response from Publix because they don't care for their customers any longer. Use to be such a nice place to shop.

Publix is a grocery store that has just about everything. Their prices are very reasonable & their store is very clean. Ambiance is one of calmness & cleanliness with employees dedicated to attending the consumer. All you have to do is ask if they can carry a product & they make it their mission to come through. I have only had GREAT experiences with Publix & never expect anything less.

Always a pleasant experience, despite the fact I hate grocery shopping. Everyone who works there is friendly & will provide exceptional customer service if assistance is needed. Sometimes I find selection limited, but that is the exception. Would love to see Publix incorporate some of Wegmans' features, i.e., on-site cafe.

Well the store has very good lighting, which lets you read the prices and labels. Aisles are very spacious, you don't bump into other carts. Has a great deli selection on Boars Head cold cuts and cheese of all tastes, as well as imported. Their prepared food selection is varied and delicious. Oh their fried chicken is very good, as well as sub sandwiches. Meat selection has many different cuts and they have many types of fresh fish. Overall their motto is spot on.

I have been thankful that Publix takes care of my pharmacy needs as well as groceries. Publix has several bargains on its groceries and it's usually products we like. I like the availability of the store. The main complaint is that we start liking a product and they discontinue stocking it. I also don't like the way they keep moving their products around so I can't locate items where they were before. Most of the workers there are great but sometimes the evening management is uncooperative when there is a problem that needs to be taken care of. Their produce is good and kept clear of rotting produce. I like their fresh breads, muffins and cakes (Very tasty).

Most of the employees are nice. The stores are generally clean. Sale items are plentiful - don't have to get a rain check. They also have a large variety of seafood as well as specialty items in stock. Their bakery is awesome!!! Everything from cannolis to buns are fresh and really the only place I buy bakery items. The only complaint - need to open more lines especially during peak hours.

Publix stores are neat, tidy, clean, staffed by very pleasant people who always make you feel welcome. They actually have a sense of humor (most of the time). Managers often try to obtain the products you request at other times they don't stock the products you want or that they have discontinued. It seems the boys in the backroom (CEO et al.) make decisions that are really lacking in understanding the customers' needs. All in all it's a pleasure to shop at Publix. Love those $10 gas coupons. Keep it up!

Publix is a great store. Clean, neat and easy to find everything. Excellent produce and fresh meats. Fresh take out and fair prices. Bakery is always clean and items fresh everyday. The employees are friendly and always very helpful.

On an ongoing basis, Publix has BOGO'S for sale. Very often, in the store located in the Garden Shops, Boca Raton, the register does not deduct the second item. I have called Publix corporate, I have spoken with the manager frequently, and this, I believe, deliberate rip off continues. I have been given more excuses than I can count. This happened again, earlier this week.

Publix Company Profile