Publix

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When this location first opened it was great. Lately they have had more managers come and go. The current one just got sent here from the McCalla al Alabama location. She is the most hateful racist person I have ever encountered. Needless to say Aldi's will be getting my business from here on out and the seafood dept stinks.

I shop at Wal-Mart, Winn-Dixie and Publix. I absolutely hate Wal-Mart, adore the Dixie but my fave is Publix, especially their outstanding produce which lasts a good long time in the fridge! Love their choices. I can even obtain Wild Rice and Red Lentils there without having to journey to a specialty store. Additionally, the aisles are well marked with clear and readable signs indicating where items are located. Great service as well.

Publix is great. I love shopping there. The staff is almost like family. I'm always greeted with a smile and "Can I help you with something". The coupon and return policy is the best. Customer service always goes out their way to help satisfied you. There is always B1G1 free sales. What more can one ask for? Also during the holiday's items that a family would use for their family celebration for the most part are always on sale and that makes meal planning great.

I love this store. They always have all the latest products and the BOGO deals are always a great way for me to save money. The people are always friendly and very helpful. I always leave Publix with a smile on my face.

I just tried Publix for the first and last time. Just before Christmas I went into Publix to buy veal shanks for osso buco. There weren't any in the case so I checked with the butcher. He checked and came back and said yes he had some and would have it out to me right away. He handed them to me and that was the only thing bought. Last night I decided to make osso buco. I was really taken aback by the amount of bone. I bought 2 pieces total just over a pound and it came to $21.00. When I turned the pieces over I found one had a huge bone. I made them anyway, but was really annoyed. I weighed the bones. One piece had bone weighing 1.7 oz. That is perfectly acceptable and about what one expect in an 8 oz shank. The second, however had a bone weighing 3.7 oz. Nearly half of the eight ounce shank was bone!

So today I went into the store to express my disappointment. And if it were a case of me picking up a package out of the case that was like that, it would be on me. But remember I spoke to and received these pieces directly from the butcher. Today when I went into the to show why I would not ever shop there again the young lady was very pleasant. She even offered a refund which I declined. She convinced me to talk with the meat dept manager. I said ok. But I said what would he do say "oops I got caught cheating a customer". As it would turn out, the manager was the guy with whom I made the order.

When I showed him the bones he said he hadn't actually cut them, that he had someone cut them and that person should have boned them better. He offered veal shanks at some future date. But made no effort to do anything today. I cannot believe a store like Publix that makes such an effort to be more than the competition, is just like a small time butcher shop with the thumb on the scale. Don't shop Publix!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

The Publix Store I usually shop at is well run, ample stock, neat, clean, and pleasant management and associates. A nice shopping atmosphere. Prices are competitive, and weekly BOGO offer are done at the regular pricing. Some retailers raise the price as a loss leader. Publix does not follow these practices.

Publix has always been my favorite grocery store however, they have gone downhill in the past 5 to 6 years. But our closest store is the Roseland Sebastian Florida store. This has to be the worst store in the chain, or at least the worst I have ever shopped at. Employees are clueless and their choice of merchandise seems to be in short supply. They ALWAYS say, "We have limited shelf space". Forget about special ordering, they haven't been able to get a special order product yet. They have even advertised items in their weekly flyer and this store doesn't have it. "We don't carry that" they say. So why was it in the ad? In addition the prices at Publix are much higher than Walmart which is practically next door so guess where I buy those items? I go to Publix only for their BOGO'S and their milk. This Roseland store has a lot to be desired.

Publix is a high-end store which is good shopping however, many prices are higher on the same items that can be purchased at other stores. With so many new products on the market, Publix cannot stock all the items because of shelf space. What I do like about Publix is that they carry a line of meats and other products called Greenwise. The meats are grass fed, and the products are organic. I'm into health so I do like their Greenwise products.

I always enjoy shopping at Publix. They are friendly, courteous, and helpful. When I had bronchitis, they helped me with medicine or I would have been really worse. The food is delicious. They even steam lobster and shrimp.

Publix is generally awesome. Customer service, over the top; doesn't carry an item - mention it to manager, you will probably see it show up a few weeks later. I moved and the new Publix by me was sub-par, I took a survey and was honest and boom - the following week, the employees were over the top friendly and accommodating. It was impressive.

One on Anderson road Tampa just reopened. Been shopping there for 14 years and hate the new store employees are very cold and just don't care about customers. Use to know everyone in deli and rest of store. Use to look forward to shopping at this location. Now I will not get any response from Publix because they don't care for their customers any longer. Use to be such a nice place to shop.

Publix is a grocery store that has just about everything. Their prices are very reasonable & their store is very clean. Ambiance is one of calmness & cleanliness with employees dedicated to attending the consumer. All you have to do is ask if they can carry a product & they make it their mission to come through. I have only had GREAT experiences with Publix & never expect anything less.

Always a pleasant experience, despite the fact I hate grocery shopping. Everyone who works there is friendly & will provide exceptional customer service if assistance is needed. Sometimes I find selection limited, but that is the exception. Would love to see Publix incorporate some of Wegmans' features, i.e., on-site cafe.

Well the store has very good lighting, which lets you read the prices and labels. Aisles are very spacious, you don't bump into other carts. Has a great deli selection on Boars Head cold cuts and cheese of all tastes, as well as imported. Their prepared food selection is varied and delicious. Oh their fried chicken is very good, as well as sub sandwiches. Meat selection has many different cuts and they have many types of fresh fish. Overall their motto is spot on.

I have been thankful that Publix takes care of my pharmacy needs as well as groceries. Publix has several bargains on its groceries and it's usually products we like. I like the availability of the store. The main complaint is that we start liking a product and they discontinue stocking it. I also don't like the way they keep moving their products around so I can't locate items where they were before. Most of the workers there are great but sometimes the evening management is uncooperative when there is a problem that needs to be taken care of. Their produce is good and kept clear of rotting produce. I like their fresh breads, muffins and cakes (Very tasty).

Most of the employees are nice. The stores are generally clean. Sale items are plentiful - don't have to get a rain check. They also have a large variety of seafood as well as specialty items in stock. Their bakery is awesome!!! Everything from cannolis to buns are fresh and really the only place I buy bakery items. The only complaint - need to open more lines especially during peak hours.

Publix stores are neat, tidy, clean, staffed by very pleasant people who always make you feel welcome. They actually have a sense of humor (most of the time). Managers often try to obtain the products you request at other times they don't stock the products you want or that they have discontinued. It seems the boys in the backroom (CEO et al.) make decisions that are really lacking in understanding the customers' needs. All in all it's a pleasure to shop at Publix. Love those $10 gas coupons. Keep it up!

Publix is a great store. Clean, neat and easy to find everything. Excellent produce and fresh meats. Fresh take out and fair prices. Bakery is always clean and items fresh everyday. The employees are friendly and always very helpful.

On an ongoing basis, Publix has BOGO'S for sale. Very often, in the store located in the Garden Shops, Boca Raton, the register does not deduct the second item. I have called Publix corporate, I have spoken with the manager frequently, and this, I believe, deliberate rip off continues. I have been given more excuses than I can count. This happened again, earlier this week.

On occasion, you simply don't know where to find a particular item. I've been amazed at how each of the Publix employees get involved. The last time I was there, I was looking for puff pastry and could not find it. A clerk who looked like he was putting cans on a shelf saw my frustrated look, asked me what I was looking for and ultimately walked me to the exact location where my item was. Now that's customer service! This has happened to me several times. And the people do it with a nice attitude.

I mean it, this store's employees make you feel like part of their family from the moment you walk in. Strangers sharing in conversations, helping each other like when you're looking for something another customer might say, "Oh you know what? I made this season and it was so easy" and the employee that's there helping may add something else and if needed will take you to where it is. It's like walking in a small town where you feel like you know everyone. It's clean, friendly. They have a fabulous bakery where you can easily order for any occasion. They also have fresh __ 's.

The Deli has Boar's Head meat which they always ask you to taste and try what you're ordering to make sure it's sliced just the way you want it. Their homemade bread for Lunch Time heroes is so fresh you don't even need to put meat on it. The butcher is always in or you can get fresh sushi, or pre-made lunch trays. The fish market is always fresh with many different types of homemade seafood dips.

Supermarket changes depending on the location. Seems like the older the store is, the worse the service is. They have a great selection, knowing your prices really helps. Some are great deals and some are high. I prefer only going in for their sales or Bogo's.

On Sunday December 11, 2016 I went to Publix at the Westport Square located at 1660 Taylor Rd. Port Orange, FL. I was shocked to see a golden retriever running loose in the store. The dog was jumping on employees and customers. The owner finally appeared but just laughed at what the dog was doing. Not one employee approached the man to ask him to please leave the store. This incident was unbelievable. I sought out the assistant manager and registered my complaint. The bottom line was their policy was not to confront people with service animals. The dog I saw was not a service animal. It was off-leash and behaving badly. There is fraudulent misuse of what constitutes a service animal. The State of Florida states very clearly service dog policy in public places. The statute is: 413.081. It is available online for anyone to read - including Publix management.

I took a copy of this statute to Publix the next day and asked for the top manager. He was "in a meeting" and could not talk to me. Hum? I spoke to an assistant manager in one of the departments. All he would tell me is that they are following what comes down through management. Pointing out that the store would be liable if a dog bit someone did not seem to register. I also pointed out that some people are truly afraid of dogs and don't expect them to be running loose in a grocery store as if were a dog park. And this is above and beyond the health code violation. What is the matter with Publix and other stores selling food? The underlying message I get is that stores do not want to lose the business of the customer, who is stating falsely, that his/her pet is a service animal. However it does not appear that the store cares if I shop there again.

Publix top level management needs to take a much closer look at their policy of "I won't ask and I won't tell" that the service dog is a fake. Buying service dog halters online is out of hand. People can even buy "papers" online that say the fake service animal can now go anywhere with the owner. Using this online venue for obtaining a fake service dog halters and papers is doing a very big did disservice to those individuals who really have a legit disability. Publix, please clear up your policy on this issue. I know that I will not return to this Publix. I once thought Publix was the "premier" grocery chain in Florida. I now think much differently.

Publix does not actually handle the online shopping part of their business, though you won't know that unless you have a problem as I did. It's a third party vendor that adds its own additional fees called Instacart. Check it out: https://delivery.publix.com/store/publix. The total of my order (and the total of my paper receipt) was $94.52 but I was billed $120.15. When I called to ask why, I didn't get a publix. I got "Instacart" whose rep told me the $94.52 was what it cost them (Instacart) to purchase the groceries for me. The rest was service fees they added for their service.

None of this is clear on the site. Everything on the site says Publix. The online and print receipt say "Thank you for shopping at Publix." You would never know about Instacart unless you call with questions. That's when you discover they are adding their own undisclosed fees. The gentleman I spoke with tried to say Publix charges more for online products than in their stores, but that has nothing to do with it what I agreed to pay. I agreed to the prices I saw online. I did not agree to pay Instacart.

It was a nasty feeling to find an additional $26 dollars add to my account. Plus they authorize your card for an additional amount that isn't returned for a week. Needless to say I will not be shopping with Publix again. Finally, the Instacart rep was upset that I received the paper receipt (which I fully expected to get so I could confirm what I was charged for. If I had not received it, I would have asked for it). "You were only supposed to see the online receipt," the rep said, as if I had seen something I wasn't supposed to see. So in other words, I was just supposed to see the online receipt so I wouldn't question the final total.

This has left me feeling deceived and ripped off. It's less about the amount than having these fees appear after the fact by a company I didn't even know I was dealing with. And because I was a first time shopper Publix "waived" its $5.99 online fee. So if I went back, I could expect to have Publix try to rip me off too? Geesh.

I live in the UK and for some reason get bombarded by emails from a company called PUBLIX. When I attempt to unsubscribe, I am told that I can't because I AM OUTSIDE THE USA. Well that's exactly why I want to unsubscribe. I have made multiple attempts to contact PUBLIX by email all of which have been ignored. What sort of company sends emails but doesn't let you unsubscribe. I have even written to the CEO but once again get nowhere.

Publix was taking money out of my paycheck weekly for health insurance. I had a doctor's appointment and was told my insurance was not activated. Very upset that I have been paying for the insurance and couldn't be seen is fraud on Publix behalf. I called Publix and wanted my money back for the time that I really wasn't covered and they could do nothing for me. Lost a lot respect for Publix. That is not taking care of your employees. Shame on Publix!!! When you start getting insurance call and make sure you are activated. What if I would have been in a bad accident? "Sorry, not covered." Bottom line, I was outraged. FRAUD!!!

Publix stores must belong to a commonwealth. They seem to have their own inflation rate reflected in their prices and it is way above the national average. I went in today and my dogs usual bag of treats had jumped up one whole dollar in price since my last purchase one week ago. I checked the prices at Walmart and they had not moved and are now a dollar and sixty cents less. This is just the icing on the cake. Every time l go in there one of my staple buys has raised in price from yoghurt to dish soap. I have never bought produce or meat from them as their prices are basically stupid and l would feel the same way if paid for them so l always visit the farmers and meat markets, oh yeah! Throw cheese into that scenario too.

I have tried buying fish a couple of times but the results were bad. Fishy tasting and looking so old that the disciple Peter must have landed them. I tried the Sushi one time and found it sticky with the consistency of drying cookie dough. Anyway! The dog treats tipped the scale today and I'm done with the whole "where shopping is a pleasure" scam and l left the store for the last time today. I felt a need to complain because my dog never listens to me and returning home without his treats has done nothing to improve our relationship.

I'm employee for Publix on Kennerly Shopping Center store 17 in Irmo, SC. They gonna give employee vacation paydays and I got aunt work there. She haven't been there long and she work part-time. They gonna say other part-time can't get, that someone need to do something 'bout it and so that I should get vacation payday off since she gonna be where I'm at too.

Publix is currently running a sale on whole chicken tender subs at $5.99, which is a fantastic deal... You get 4 tenders on your sub, 3-4 pieces of cheese, and whatever toppings you desire. Well, I prefer the wraps to the whole foot long loaf that they typically have... Just way too much bread, so I order my tender sub on a white wrap (which Publix considers a half sub). I only get 2 tenders, 2 pieces of cheese and no other toppings. I opt for the combo and my meal cost me $8.39 (a combo upgrade is only $1.50, so my meal should have been 7.49 plus tax)... My problem is, I am being charged MORE and getting less... Since I ordered a wrap, it does NOT fall under the "on sale" and you pay FULL PRICE...

I asked several people behind the counter to please explain to me "How" this works that I get less than what I would, but pay more? No one could answer this question... It seems that if you treat my wrap as a half sub and I receive 2 tenders, instead of the 4 a whole gets, I should either get 2 wraps to equal a whole or 1 wrap with 2 tenders and 2 on the side... Seems fair... NOT PAYING MORE THAN THE OTHER CUSTOMERS AND GETTING LESS ALL THE WAY AROUND... Please explain this logic to me how you market this. I have always, I mean always loved Publix, but I just do not understand this... I understand that a wrap might cost more, BUT when you only give me 2 pieces of chicken and charge me the price of a whole, there should be no additional cost for that wrap...

Publix is overpriced and most of the assortments never changed for years. Publix Deli has always the same choices and those are often not very tasty. The Bakery never change, and pieces of cakes and bread look pretty much the same every single day. Not much good to say about Publix Deli. By walking in the store we can see everything the same for years and from the same food producers. Many products are not very healthy; having too much sugar, GMO and artificial flavoring. Meanwhile, me and my family we are surprised that we are getting a new Publix in the Dowtnown, instead of something much more sophisticated.

Today we need stores which can serve our needs much better. For example Traders Joe's it's a good one, but the location of that store it's very shameful. There are so often many problems with the parking space. Today to prevent diabetes, obesity, heart diseases and more we need more healthy foods than those sitting up for years on the Publix shelves.

Publix Company Profile