3.82/5

430 Publix Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2019

Publix has very fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats. The products are always fresh and clean. The appearance of food items are very clean. The store itself is always very clean. I find the store personnel extremely helpful. If you look bewildered in searching for items, the employees cheerfully assist you in finding what you need. If you are elderly, or require help in getting your groceries to the car, assistance is readily available. The store is bright and well lit. For those of us who are elderly or has vision issues, the lighting is appreciated. Some items may seem a little pricey, but actually worth it. There are weekly sale items and two for the price of one items.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love Publix as it is my grocery store of choice. I go to Publix at least twice a pick to pick up items for myself. The store is always clean, staff pleasant and very helpful. I also shop for my parents weekly at Publix in another County from where l live and am amazed at the how my experiences in both locales are the same.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Out of all the grocery stores within my area, Publix really stands out. I am always greeted by employees, they are courteous and very helpful. Being from out of state, there are some things I cannot get locally. Publix even though it is a single item, will special it in for me. The store is clean and there are products that are expired on the shelf.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I like Publix. It is clean and well laid out; however, three things I have looked for has been discontinued. Someone in the store I was talking to said the same thing, that she can’t find everything there anymore. It may be because they don’t sell enough of these products or just that the store is greedy and they don’t want to carry items that are a big sellers. There really aren’t any decent groceries other than Publix, around here.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Publix is a wonderful store. I had a particularly good experience at the Oakhurst Plaza Store last Thursday. The lady behind the Seafood counter was very friendly and helpful. I purchased the biggest, freshest snow crabs I had ever seen in a fish market or grocery store. She offered to run them under water to defrost for me since I was serving that evening. DELICIOUS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was in Lee's Publix corner today with 82 on Lehigh Acres to buy a money order with coins and simply refused to receive. The manager is called Stacy, an absurd, said that I would have to go to deposit in my bank or pass the coins in the machine. I thought money was money. A disrespect to money and the consumer.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I am so annoyed and disappointed that Publix changed something in their brand sweet tea. As soon as the label changed, the product changed, and not for the better! PLEASE bring back the old type sweet tea. Thanks. Otherwise I LOVE Publix!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Publix at hwy 400 across from premium outlets...store was much anticipated due to location. There have Been multiple problems. Grapefruit not in stock is a big one especially generic. Have to go to Keith Bridge to get although have told manager and staff. Yesterday there were two bags out and both had rotten fruit so took to Dept head and gave one to check out.

I go to this store several tomes a week and find more and more out of stock. Cranapple juice, archway iced gingerbread cookies (clerk said they were due in but he has not brought them in yet). This was about noon. Moon pies. Nabisco potato plain good thins. Gave up my list at this point. I have alerted manager and check out folks. Our Publix in the hammock which is small does better than this store. This is a super Kroger across the street which you would think would help this store be competitive. This should be a high revenue store but the way it is being run it will not make it. Sorry to complain but telling folks in the store is not working.

Original review: May 3, 2019

A Publix employee recommended I purchase Sushi on Wednesday when it’s $5.00. I took his advice however I noticed the sushi portion was about 50% less than on other days. I took a picture and returned a couple days later to talk to a manager. I was told the sushi is through a outside vendor and there wasn’t anything they could do however they did agree the promotion was deceptive. Bottom line is sushi on $5.00 Wednesday is not a savings they just give you the impression it is. Not good business Publix. I’ve attached photos showing the difference.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Publix continues to promote the needless torture of innocent animals by allowing people to be fooled that the March of Crimes is a worthy cause and by not educating themselves on the truth of the horrific things that are being done. Shame on Publix. I will never shop there again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Took prescription in, stood at drop off window for at least 10 minutes watching 2 employees standing in pharmacy, one on the phone while the other drinking her water, totally ignored. Waited for prescription APPROX 30 minutes. Presented coupon for discount given us by doctor but was not given coupon disc. Done with these people.

Original review: April 16, 2019

WORSE STORE EVER! # Publix. We celebrated our wedding this past Sunday. And a week ago we went to this #Publix store to order some deli items chicken wings and chicken tenders and we were very clear to say that we wanted nonbreaded wings, and we have the receive to prove it. Well guess what, we send the person to pick up the 150 wings and tenders. We were surprised to discover that all 150 wings were breaded. (mind you this was just an hour before the party started). We call to ask what happened, and they said that we were wrong that the ticket they have said "breaded." So we went there and the manager said that he couldn't do **. That the ticket in the kitchen say breaded "but couldn't explain how our ticket say clearly NONBREADED." He didnt even offer an apology.

So I'm ** this. I didn't just pay $160 to be treated like this. If I wanted that, I could have gone to #Walmart. Probably they would have done a better job for less money. You will think that #Publix will have their ** together with their slogan. But the reality is that buying at #Publix is not a pleasure. Save yourself money and go to Trader Joe's. And Btw nobody even ate the damn breaded Chicken wings. And have proof of this #Publix.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I went to the Publix store number 895 the other day and was verbally harassed by cashier named Tina, her conduct as a customer service representative of said store was inappropriate. Although management knows of her demeanor she's still employed at such store. I've spoken to other cashiers who stated that numerous complaints have been filed against her because of her misconduct and yet no action was taken. I strongly urge any customer who goes to store 895 go to another line for checkout, the store manager will not take any action even if you file a complaint with corporate headquarters.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I went to the checkout line, where I had a cashier named Tina, my daughter questioned cashier Tina about a price of a product, and she told my daughter that if I didn't like it, I can take my ** to another store. I reported this incident to the Corporate HQ. And all the cashier got was a slap on the hand and still she works there. So much for Zero Tolerance Policies. I would not recommend going to this store since Cashier Tina is still employed at Store # 895. I am now forced to hire an attorney for this case because the store manager does not seem to care, he only interviewed her and sent her back to the register. Q: why is Cashier Tina still working there?

Original review: March 25, 2019

Publix is an ordinary supermarket with different items in each store, which is very annoying. One store carries your product while the next does not. And they are flooded with stores here on the West coast of Florida. They offer very confusing sales, in that they have Digital and Flyer coupons every week. Their BOGO products are probably their best value. Coming from the East, definitely not impressed with this organization!

Original review: March 18, 2019

PUBLIX EMPLOYEES ARE THE BEST! Publix's produce departments are disappointing in terms of quality and value. Their meat departments are decidedly mediocre in terms of quality. Because of the excellence of the employees, Publix really is second only to Wegmans overall; but the gap between the two is large!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Beware Publix and Instacart are making so much money off of You. All items are priced higher on Instacart. The buy one get one free... You have to get 2 or you will be charged for 2. Who is making that profit? Instacart tells us Publix is and Publix will tell you Instacart is. There is so much more than a service fee that you are paying!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Publix is a great store experience. Their prices are a bit steep for me to do all my grocery shopping there but they do have a lot of sales each week. Buy One Get One deals are great. I look for those. Maybe the higher prices are why they can pay their employees better. Happy employees make the store a better place to shop!

Original review: March 16, 2019

The Publix near my house has the worst customer service. The Deli is horrible no matter what time of day or how many people are working. The deli also gives you inferior meats when ordered online. Also I have had to return the ground hamburger numerous times due to mixing of old meat and new.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Very helpful staff. Fast check out. This is a smaller store and does not have a large selection as with other Publix stores or Kroger. Most brands were available. Unfortunately, with these smaller stores there is not a full butcher shop available.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Publix is in the top tier of Fortune 500, and the reason is because they provide mediocre products at premium pricing. Their produce and meats are overpriced and is substandard quality. They juke you with the buy two for what ever the price because people are too dense to realize that you're not getting any kind of deal. Also you have to be aware of the sell by date on their products, especially their dairy. They will sell expired products. They're all about profit not quality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Not acceptable. Driver took over 3 hours with perishable items, ice cream etc. And still have not received our order. Arrived after 3.5 hours past scheduled time. The time, effort and frustration is not worth the supposed convenience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a Power Salad from Publix in Douglasville Ga on Hwy 5. Usually the food and products are really fresh. However, the salad I purchased yesterday was awful. The arugula was filled with grit and sand. I could not even eat the salad. I did not return the salad because I purchased it for my lunch today and when I started eating it I felt the grit on my teeth and looked in the bowl and the lid was filled with grit. I will address the issue at the store, however I wanted to make sure others pay attention to the salads and other food items in the store.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Prices on BoGo are a joke this week!!! Publix is charging extreme retail - to make customer think it’s actually a BoGo!!! Ex Swanson Broth, Prego Spaghetti Sauce, etc. Compare online to WM and compare to WD ad. They think we are ignorant... Sad. I didn’t like getting price gouged by Publix.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I entered my community Publix liquor store at DuPont Lakes Center. Store #1187 2783 Elkcam Blvd Deltona FL 32738. I asked the clerk a question, which she didn’t even acknowledge, looked past me like I did not exist. I asked a question again, and she gave me this look as it seemed she was annoyed.and she said she did not reply to me because she thought I was asking about a customers information. So I finally have her attention and her smirk on her face and her reply is, "Do you want the MGR’s number..."

If she felt that comfortable being rude and unprofessional towards me, I’d say this is a behavior that she is comfortable using. I immediately went in the store to speak with a Manager. Upon leaving I did notice the manager talking with his employee... I’ve been shopping with Publix for yrs, and I hope they don’t tolerate this behavior... but like I said she seemed very comfortable being rude and disrespectful. Well I guess I will just have to wait and hear about it, because until I do, I can find people who appreciate my family and our business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

When I go into Publix I am greeted with a friendly greeting, offers to assist and there is ALWAYS SOMEONE able to assist in finding items and the produce section is great. I am especially impressed with the staff in the seafood section. They are especially helpful in putting items together when necessary.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The store at Riverbridge in Greenacres, FL constantly moves things around, swapping one aisle for another and reversing the order. This is the 3rd time they have done this. According to employees, this is done to make you spend MORE time in the store because you have to search for things. THEIR REASONING? You will buy more because you will be in the store longer.

Untrue, I say. I will spend my future time at Walmart or Aldi! or Whole Foods instead of bumbling around foraging for my food. The GM always shrugs his shoulders and says “it’s upper management, we have no control”. To that I say..."upper Mgt is telling the customers to take a hike" if they don’t like it. I will, straight to another store who values my 30+ years of patronage. Quite disappointing. I say... Let’s all shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Products are double the price that Walmart as they steal money from people, very rude staff when you do any complaint about quality, disastrous place, the office of price control, also quality control office should call them attention.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

For about 30 years I had been a loyal customer at Publix until today. Several times I had it to return products because they are spoil and bad condition. I'm not the clientele whom keeps receipts and I dont even see prices when I purchase. However when I purchase something I expect to be good. I had waste my money those times when I try to return or exchange due to a poor quality. However Publix extremely don't return what I spent and they dont even exchange the product affecting me as of Client losing my money. What a shame. Absurd policy. There is not customer satisfaction but Customer Frustration and indignation because the process is annoying. Definitely will spread my detail reviews throughout the Media because this is another Turn Down Business.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I tried to use a digital coupon and when it didn’t come off my bill at the end I realized I needed to buy another one to qualify for the coupon. So I ran to get another one and the cashier had already started checking out the next person. I wasn’t thrilled that he didn’t wait for me but I waited for him to finish. Then when he was almost done checking out that person he told me I had to wait for the next person after that person to checkout before he would finish my checkout which took exactly 30 seconds!!! Of course I threw a fit especially because I had ice cream. He was new but don’t they train their cashiers there???!!!

Publix Company Information