3.64/5

423 Publix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

WORSE STORE EVER! # Publix. We celebrated our wedding this past Sunday. And a week ago we went to this #Publix store to order some deli items chicken wings and chicken tenders and we were very clear to say that we wanted nonbreaded wings, and we have the receive to prove it. Well guess what, we send the person to pick up the 150 wings and tenders. We were surprised to discover that all 150 wings were breaded. (mind you this was just an hour before the party started). We call to ask what happened, and they said that we were wrong that the ticket they have said "breaded." So we went there and the manager said that he couldn't do **. That the ticket in the kitchen say breaded "but couldn't explain how our ticket say clearly NONBREADED." He didnt even offer an apology.

So I'm ** this. I didn't just pay $160 to be treated like this. If I wanted that, I could have gone to #Walmart. Probably they would have done a better job for less money. You will think that #Publix will have their ** together with their slogan. But the reality is that buying at #Publix is not a pleasure. Save yourself money and go to Trader Joe's. And Btw nobody even ate the damn breaded Chicken wings. And have proof of this #Publix.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I went to the Publix store number 895 the other day and was verbally harassed by cashier named Tina, her conduct as a customer service representative of said store was inappropriate. Although management knows of her demeanor she's still employed at such store. I've spoken to other cashiers who stated that numerous complaints have been filed against her because of her misconduct and yet no action was taken. I strongly urge any customer who goes to store 895 go to another line for checkout, the store manager will not take any action even if you file a complaint with corporate headquarters.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I went to the checkout line, where I had a cashier named Tina, my daughter questioned cashier Tina about a price of a product, and she told my daughter that if I didn't like it, I can take my ** to another store. I reported this incident to the Corporate HQ. And all the cashier got was a slap on the hand and still she works there. So much for Zero Tolerance Policies. I would not recommend going to this store since Cashier Tina is still employed at Store # 895. I am now forced to hire an attorney for this case because the store manager does not seem to care, he only interviewed her and sent her back to the register. Q: why is Cashier Tina still working there?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love Publix as it is my grocery store of choice. I go to Publix at least twice a pick to pick up items for myself. The store is always clean, staff pleasant and very helpful. I also shop for my parents weekly at Publix in another County from where l live and am amazed at the how my experiences in both locales are the same.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Publix is an ordinary supermarket with different items in each store, which is very annoying. One store carries your product while the next does not. And they are flooded with stores here on the West coast of Florida. They offer very confusing sales, in that they have Digital and Flyer coupons every week. Their BOGO products are probably their best value. Coming from the East, definitely not impressed with this organization!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publix?

Original review: March 24, 2019

Out of all the grocery stores within my area, Publix really stands out. I am always greeted by employees, they are courteous and very helpful. Being from out of state, there are some things I cannot get locally. Publix even though it is a single item, will special it in for me. The store is clean and there are products that are expired on the shelf.

Original review: March 18, 2019

PUBLIX EMPLOYEES ARE THE BEST! Publix's produce departments are disappointing in terms of quality and value. Their meat departments are decidedly mediocre in terms of quality. Because of the excellence of the employees, Publix really is second only to Wegmans overall; but the gap between the two is large!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Beware Publix and Instacart are making so much money off of You. All items are priced higher on Instacart. The buy one get one free... You have to get 2 or you will be charged for 2. Who is making that profit? Instacart tells us Publix is and Publix will tell you Instacart is. There is so much more than a service fee that you are paying!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Publix is a great store experience. Their prices are a bit steep for me to do all my grocery shopping there but they do have a lot of sales each week. Buy One Get One deals are great. I look for those. Maybe the higher prices are why they can pay their employees better. Happy employees make the store a better place to shop!

Original review: March 16, 2019

The Publix near my house has the worst customer service. The Deli is horrible no matter what time of day or how many people are working. The deli also gives you inferior meats when ordered online. Also I have had to return the ground hamburger numerous times due to mixing of old meat and new.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I like Publix. It is clean and well laid out; however, three things I have looked for has been discontinued. Someone in the store I was talking to said the same thing, that she can’t find everything there anymore. It may be because they don’t sell enough of these products or just that the store is greedy and they don’t want to carry items that are a big sellers. There really aren’t any decent groceries other than Publix, around here.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Very helpful staff. Fast check out. This is a smaller store and does not have a large selection as with other Publix stores or Kroger. Most brands were available. Unfortunately, with these smaller stores there is not a full butcher shop available.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Publix is in the top tier of Fortune 500, and the reason is because they provide mediocre products at premium pricing. Their produce and meats are overpriced and is substandard quality. They juke you with the buy two for what ever the price because people are too dense to realize that you're not getting any kind of deal. Also you have to be aware of the sell by date on their products, especially their dairy. They will sell expired products. They're all about profit not quality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Not acceptable. Driver took over 3 hours with perishable items, ice cream etc. And still have not received our order. Arrived after 3.5 hours past scheduled time. The time, effort and frustration is not worth the supposed convenience.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased a Power Salad from Publix in Douglasville Ga on Hwy 5. Usually the food and products are really fresh. However, the salad I purchased yesterday was awful. The arugula was filled with grit and sand. I could not even eat the salad. I did not return the salad because I purchased it for my lunch today and when I started eating it I felt the grit on my teeth and looked in the bowl and the lid was filled with grit. I will address the issue at the store, however I wanted to make sure others pay attention to the salads and other food items in the store.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Prices on BoGo are a joke this week!!! Publix is charging extreme retail - to make customer think it’s actually a BoGo!!! Ex Swanson Broth, Prego Spaghetti Sauce, etc. Compare online to WM and compare to WD ad. They think we are ignorant... Sad. I didn’t like getting price gouged by Publix.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I entered my community Publix liquor store at DuPont Lakes Center. Store #1187 2783 Elkcam Blvd Deltona FL 32738. I asked the clerk a question, which she didn’t even acknowledge, looked past me like I did not exist. I asked a question again, and she gave me this look as it seemed she was annoyed.and she said she did not reply to me because she thought I was asking about a customers information. So I finally have her attention and her smirk on her face and her reply is, "Do you want the MGR’s number..."

If she felt that comfortable being rude and unprofessional towards me, I’d say this is a behavior that she is comfortable using. I immediately went in the store to speak with a Manager. Upon leaving I did notice the manager talking with his employee... I’ve been shopping with Publix for yrs, and I hope they don’t tolerate this behavior... but like I said she seemed very comfortable being rude and disrespectful. Well I guess I will just have to wait and hear about it, because until I do, I can find people who appreciate my family and our business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

When I go into Publix I am greeted with a friendly greeting, offers to assist and there is ALWAYS SOMEONE able to assist in finding items and the produce section is great. I am especially impressed with the staff in the seafood section. They are especially helpful in putting items together when necessary.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The store at Riverbridge in Greenacres, FL constantly moves things around, swapping one aisle for another and reversing the order. This is the 3rd time they have done this. According to employees, this is done to make you spend MORE time in the store because you have to search for things. THEIR REASONING? You will buy more because you will be in the store longer.

Untrue, I say. I will spend my future time at Walmart or Aldi! or Whole Foods instead of bumbling around foraging for my food. The GM always shrugs his shoulders and says “it’s upper management, we have no control”. To that I say..."upper Mgt is telling the customers to take a hike" if they don’t like it. I will, straight to another store who values my 30+ years of patronage. Quite disappointing. I say... Let’s all shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Products are double the price that Walmart as they steal money from people, very rude staff when you do any complaint about quality, disastrous place, the office of price control, also quality control office should call them attention.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

For about 30 years I had been a loyal customer at Publix until today. Several times I had it to return products because they are spoil and bad condition. I'm not the clientele whom keeps receipts and I dont even see prices when I purchase. However when I purchase something I expect to be good. I had waste my money those times when I try to return or exchange due to a poor quality. However Publix extremely don't return what I spent and they dont even exchange the product affecting me as of Client losing my money. What a shame. Absurd policy. There is not customer satisfaction but Customer Frustration and indignation because the process is annoying. Definitely will spread my detail reviews throughout the Media because this is another Turn Down Business.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I tried to use a digital coupon and when it didn’t come off my bill at the end I realized I needed to buy another one to qualify for the coupon. So I ran to get another one and the cashier had already started checking out the next person. I wasn’t thrilled that he didn’t wait for me but I waited for him to finish. Then when he was almost done checking out that person he told me I had to wait for the next person after that person to checkout before he would finish my checkout which took exactly 30 seconds!!! Of course I threw a fit especially because I had ice cream. He was new but don’t they train their cashiers there???!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had several experiences in Publix stores in FL. They are in a single word, AWFUL. The Deli is woeful and pathetic; it lacks any real substance. But by far the very worst experiences I've had in their stores comes at checkout. They are stuck in the '90s and do not offer self-checkout...how backwards and short sighted! Instead we wait in line milling about whilst the teenager behind the cash register moves at a snail's pace and chats up the customer. I'm 65 and can check-out my purchases in half the time it takes most Publix cashiers. Lastly, I DETEST being solicited for donations when I'm checking out. Wake up Publix, your operations need an extreme makeover...embrace technology or perish!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

For the 4-5th time, Publix Whole milk in Tallahassee has soured before the expiration date. We do not leave milk sitting out on the counter or uncovered. Our refridgerator is running at the proper temperature. In the past, Publix milk actually lasted longer than the expiration date. But not now. So several possibilities: 1. They changed suppliers who are labeling milk incorrectly to make greater profits. 2. Publix is fiddling with the freshness of the milk to gain profits. Because if the milk was lasting longer than the date like in the past, they sell less milk. 3. The milk is not being kept at proper temperature in transit or in the store. At any rate, the result is I go back to Walmart and buy Borden milk. Borden at Publix is overpriced.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Publix usually can be trusted but recently we noticed that steaks are tough and without flavor. We hosted steak dinner on Christmas Day but the NEW YORK STRIP STEAKS were TOUGH!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING! TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Lakeland S. Fl. Ave. Publix. I had heard in the past that Publix makes charitable donations. That is the reason I have tried to shop there on several occasions. Today, I am done. So it's Christmas and my job gives gift cards as presents. The only way to check the balance is to go to the CS desk. I stand in line for about 10 minutes waiting. Then, I get to the customer service desk, I get the balance on the card. I then asked if I could have a few Lotto tickets. I was told I would need to get back in a line of 4 or 5 people to come back to the same cashier. RIDICULOUS. Ummm I am in line. I'm supposedly being waited on right now. It does not matter what city I go to, the employees are not friendly. They act as if they pay people to shop there. I will stick with Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I usually buy my groceries at Walmart but was close to Publix one day so stopped there. I thought prices were higher than I usually pay, so on my next trip to Walmart I compared prices. I paid $7.80 more for the EXACT same items, sizes and brands at Publix. This is exactly why I don't shop there unless I am desperate.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed my first online grocery store order this week. Busy schedules and kids coming home from college. Seemed like a great idea. Went to the Publix online website and placed my order without difficulty. The delivery fee of $3.99 was waived because this was my first order. I then gave the driver a $25.00 tip online. The driver gave me my in-store receipt which reflected a $81.00 difference from what my credit card was charged. My card was charged $81.00 more than what the groceries cost.

I went to the Publix to show them this and was told that their "third Party Processing" company called Instacart marks up the prices of their groceries. I was shopping on the Publix website. Publix utilizes the instacart company, and we are paying for it. All of these fees are hidden. This information is not stated anywhere that I can find on the Publix or Instacart website. In fact, when I showed the manager the store receipt, her comments was "I didn't think they were supposed to give you this receipt". BE AWARE OF THIS RIPOFF!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Activated a BOGO coupon for Emergen-C 30ct ($22.99 value) from their digital coupon site, purchased 2. When coupon wasn't credited mgr was called over to be told she could not confirm coupon and unable to credit even though I showed her coupon on a printed coupon list from their site. So I returned 1 which a 2nd activated coupon for $4 off 1 was credited. Emailed Publix with attachment showing their coupon offer. After numerous emails back and forth, explaining step by step I received an email saying they could not confirm purchased and I was credited $4 for the 1. The receipt they saw the $4 credit for 1 is the same receipt showing original purchase of 2 and 1 being returned after management said they could not honor. Apparently they can offer coupons and chose not to honor at their will. Shame on you Publix!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Very unhappy with their White Oak Village (Henrico, VA) store once again. Many months ago I had two bad experiences at the deli, and I did not return until today. I ordered a sub online at 7:45 am with a pickup time of 12 noon. This store printed my order at 10:31 am. (Shown on receipt.) I did not arrive at the store until 12:15 pm, and my sub was still not prepared. This is exactly why I stopped going to this store months ago, having had the same experience two times before. I found Aly, the store manager, and told him about this. His reply was that he has new people in the deli and he did apologize, even offering to give me the sub, but I turned him down as I had already paid for it.

My lunch break was petering away and I needed to get going. What I do not like is the excuse of new employees. Fully understood, but you obviously need to get them more up to speed with experienced employees to keep things moving at the deli rather than expecting your customers to give up their lunch breaks. Why does online ordering never seem to work at this store? Am I the only one having this trouble over and over here? I will no longer shop here. It's a good thing I have many good experiences at their stores in SC and FL or I would not be a fan of Publix at all. I hope that their new store in Mechanicsville, VA opening Jan. 5 is a whole lot better than White Oak. I will give it a try, but certainly hope that the new location lives up to their reputation.

Publix Company Information