3.95/5

849 Kroger Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I went to Kroger this week as the store I have been shopping at has closed (Martin's). I find Kroger to be too large to shop in. I was also surprised that the cashier placed the ground beef on top of the pineapple without first putting in a plastic bag.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

I use to love Kroger but over the past few years they are dropping name brand foods and substituting with their brands which cannot equal to the quality of name brands. So now I shop at Kroger for eggs, milk and bread and then go across the street to Walmart to get what I need and want. What a hassle!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

Fred Meyers is my go-to supermarket because as they promote: one stop shopping. Often times I'm looking for a product unrelated to food. Fred's (Kroger) has several departments: paint, automotive, groceries, clothing, cosmetics, shoes, bedding/towels, toys, gift items, cards, kitchenware, liqueurs!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We have been shopping at a Kroger (King Soopers) since 1969 or earlier. I would recommend this to any new customer that has moved into this area. We have used their pharmacy since it was put into the store. The meats are kept very well and the fruits and vegetables are kept fresh.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I enjoy shopping at our neighborhood Kroger store (QFC), as the store is clean and employees very friendly. Our little store doesn't carry all brands that I would like because it is so small. However, it is very convenient to my house.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

It's always neat & clean, kept well stocked as possible. Everyone is helpful, friendly. I really enjoy the 5% senior discount day of Thursday every week. The coupons I click on my phone also give me extra discounts anytime I go there. The restroom is always spotless. I can get my prescriptions there also.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I love the convenience of this store and how close it is to my house. The staff feel like family and are generally helpful and pleasant. Because it is one of the smaller stores in our area, it does not carry as much of a variety of the products that I like. They also are out of stock on some items which is disappointing. Their produce department is very good with a good variety of both conventional and organic options.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

It by far is my favorite store. It is rather competitive with the big discount stores. It does not have the same variety that Martin's has; however, the prices are much higher for the same products. I prefer price over variety. Kroger's gas discounts also add up!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I have to shop two different Kroger stores - at times - to get the sale items because frequently they will be out of popular sale items. Stores are clean, easy to find things. The Kroger store brands are usually same quality as name brands; if not satisfied, you can return them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I like my big Kroger. Has wide aisles and good selection. My main problems, Sometimes sales in flyers aren't marked as such in store. And sometimes the produce is not as fresh as I would like. Sometimes the produce area is out of items I need. But overall I like the store. The prices have gotten better and the customer service much better.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

My Kroger is SMITHS. As my neighborhood store I shop for most products and always their great specials. Their meat is always superior and at the best area price. (Although I am a vegetarian. My husband eats meat.) Great loyalty coupons as well as unadvertised specials. Management is very helpful. Their bakery is convenient and we especially like their cranberry-orange cookies.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I had a scary situation while in line waiting to pay for my purchases at Hyde Park Kroger. A customer went into a rant and another customer in line also started acting out. None of the Kroger employees regarded this is out-of-the-ordinary. I can't be a Kroger customer if there is no plan to address these kinds of threats.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

On 12/9/16 I visited the Boonsboro Kroger in Lynchburg, VA intending to pick up a bottle of peppermint extract for my wife's candy making. There was none on the shelf. I bought several other items and asked when checking out if there was anyone who was stocking that could get me a bottle from the back and was told that they don't stock til a truck comes in. On 12/10/16 I visited the Timberlake Kroger in Lynchburg, Va and found an empty shelf where the extract had been. A 1-ounce bottle of peppermint extract drove me to shop at Food Lion (who had what I wanted by the way). There are 2 new Walmart groceries and several Food Lion stores in Lynchburg and I will be trying them out for a while. May find something better than Kroger.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Kroger Bad Gas! On 11/20/2016 I pumped gas from the Kroger in Tomball Town Center, 14060 FM 2920, Tomball, TX. After a day and half of my car sitting in the garage, I attempted to do some Black Friday shopping but the car would not start! We had the car towed to the dealership to see what was wrong with the car. A service representative from the dealership called back and said that they had tested everything and that it was contaminated fuel. My car was drained and cleaned all for the price of $780.16!

I went back to the location on Sunday and asked to speak to the manager. The customer service lady said the manager (**) said that she is busy at the moment and to take my information and she would call back. On Tuesday, I went to the store and filled out the incident report and returned it to the attendant accompanied with a copy of my invoice from the dealership and a copy of my bank statement to show that it was the last place I pumped gas.

I left without getting a copy of the report and drove back to the store. I went in the store and asked the customer service that I just filled out an incident report and forgot to get a copy. A not so pleasant manager, ** walked up to me and said "What can I help you with?''. I told her that I forgot to get a copy of the report and if I could get a copy or just take a picture of it from my phone so that I would have it for my records. She did not explain why but only said "No" and Kroger cannot give me a copy. She also told me that she had my information since Sunday but she's been busy and have not had a chance to call me back. ** was very rude.

After a day of phone tag, I was able to speak with Pamela ** from Kroger Customer Care in Cincinnati, OH. After a few simple questions of she was able to determine that my claim was not valid and denied my claim. Pamela stated based on her decision, she was able to conclude due to two things: I was the only one that complained about the fuel and she requested two reports from the store and another from somewhere else. She did not go into detail but that she was to deny me of my claim and that there was nothing else I could do. I don't understand how someone in Ohio (24 hrs. after the claim) can sit there and decide on something without researching it very much before denying the claim? She didn't consider with the gas sample or even call the dealership to gather more information before coming to a conclusion. Nope! None of that! Is this how Kroger take care of their customers?

I have been in retail and customer service industries and know that this is not how you treat customers. I have been a customer of Kroger for many years. I shop at Kroger for the great meat and produce that they have to offer not to mention great sales on other items but I am very disappointed with the service I have received from the store manager and the customer care representative but also Kroger does not take responsibility to do the right thing. Lesson learned Don't pump gas at Kroger!!! I want to let people know about my experience so that if it happen to them, report it or don't pump gas at Kroger.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I called to transfer prescriptions from a different pharmacy chain. So I was told to bring all in and that would transfer. Brought in and all numbers were written down. No prescription were transferred. So I called and was told when I needed a refill to call and each time they would then contact the other pharmacy and transfer that prescription but not all. Why could they all not transfer at the same time? Some I've transferred by call. One by going online to transfer and did happen but took four days. My last refill the person handling acted very much like I didn't exist. When finished with the transaction I said thank you and was completely ignored. Dropped a written prescription off yesterday to fill. Said I would pickup in the morning. It's now almost 12:30 in the afternoon. Still not filled. Called at 12:00 and was told it would probably be filled within a few hours.

Why should it take that long because it was written and turned in the day before? Makes no sense. About $15,000.00 is spent on my prescriptions each year. I'm wondering if I made the right choice to transfer to Kroger. I left the other pharmacy chain because of problems with them. And I still have other prescriptions still in the other pharmacy chain that have not transferred because they're not ready for refills yet. So it's going to take months to get them all moved into Kroger. And why would that girl lie and say she was going to transfer them after writing them all down? Makes no sense. I hope that management becomes aware of what's going on in this pharmacy. And I hope all changes so I don't have to change pharmacies again...

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I purchased a half of gallon of milk on October 24, 2016. Unfortunately, the expiration date of November 2, 2016 did not apply due to it expiring sooner. I attempted to eat a bowl of cereal and the milk was spoiled coming out in chunks. I was STARVING AND MORTIFIED because it was a waste of money. Something has to be done regarding this matter. I have noticed several similar complaints regarding this matter.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Local tv adds do not work at this store, they do not honor friday freebies, coupons no good at this Kroger store (paris tn). I have complained several time at this store. I had digitable coupons I for 1.00 off Country Crock spread. Don't work here. 1.00 off 5 cans Chef Boyardee 1 free Hershey choc with almonds. Got home checked bill, none of these worked at this store. I am senior living on small income, I don't have extra bucks too much to spare. My advice check every item for sale price and coupons, even if it holds up the checkout lane. I am a long time Kroger customer. Never have I been in a Kroger store like this. My advice take your food shopping to somewhere else, you will save in the long term.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

On October 20, 2016, I visited the Little Elm, TX store to return a pair of defective Foster Grant reading glasses and a small container of bad watermelon. I frequently visit this store. There was one customer service rep having to deal with a lady trying to get numerous and separate credits or adjustments for prior purchases she had made. The rep told me things like this happen; and I told her no, they don't need to if she would just ask for help. The queue was getting longer; so after about 10 minutes I asked to talk with a manager. So finally, an assistant manager came forward and said the store manager was on vacation. After another 5 minutes I was directed to a cashier at the self-checkout who so graciously helped me with a refund.

In general, most of the employees care less about the customer, exhibit poor service traits, and just don't care. They spend more time talking to their coworkers than the customer. These people take zero ownership in the store and customers. Last week in the same store I had a bag of fresh green beans and the cashier asked me what they were? After answering her questioned she replied "Oh, I like green beans." Wow! I'm was blown away. I can't wait for HEB to come to Frisco.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Fruit at both of my local Frys stores, has been underripe for over a 18 months, the pears, peaches, avocados, nectarines, cantaloupe especially. All have been hard when purchased and we leave on the kitchen counter for a day or so - they rot immediately, never ripening. They are also tasteless and the sugar content isn't right. It is a marvel when we can buy strawberries, pea pods and green beans without a 'rot spot'. I purchased walnuts from the bulk dispenser area and they were rancid. Obviously slow selling, the large amounts of nuts in the dispenser turn rancid before reaching the bottom. Kroger 'less sugar' Cherry Cordial ice cream... doesn't have any cherries in it! Three tubs of this ice cream over 5 weeks have been without cherries. Four visits in a row I had to bag my own groceries. No order number on my receipt - last four on VIP customer card: **.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Recently in the new at different stores cashiers refused to wait on people wearing a shirt supporting police. Kroger refused to fire the employees. If they had refused to wait on a ** person or someone supporting ** what do you think would have happened?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

For years I have shopped exclusively at Kroger on Boonsboro Road in Lynchburg VA. They had the best health food section of any store around (We do not have a Whole Foods here). They had everything that I wanted to buy 99% of the time- specific health food items and specific gluten free items especially. They started a huge renovation project in February 2016. All of a sudden the health food section was cut down to about 1/3 of the merchandise that was previously available. All through the spring and summer the renovation continued. Many, many customers were complaining about the lack of products in the health food section. I heard someone other than myself complaining almost every time I went in there.

At least four times, I spoke with a manager who asked me to be patient and assured me that the health food section would be bigger and better than ever once the renovation was complete. Well after eight months of doing without many of my favorite products, I went in the store this evening and they were celebrating the end of the renovation project and the reopening of the store. I walked back to the health food section, expecting to see it bigger and better than ever before as faithfully promised by management and it was much worse and much smaller than it had been during the renovation... That is less than 1/3 of the merchandise that regular devoted customers had been promised for eight months.

I asked a nice young store clerk about it and he admitted to me that many customers had been complaining about the lack of available merchandise in the health food department. He went to find a store manager for me to speak with. At this point I was still quite polite. After 30 minutes of waiting to talk to a store manager, I was told that all the store managers had left the building at 5 PM. So during the grand re-opening of a store at 6:30 on a Friday night, there was no one in charge. I became quite irritated that after 8 months of waiting for the store to deliver on their promise of a bigger and better health food section to no avail and after 30 minutes of waiting to speak to a manager about the problem, there was no one there I could talk to and no one knew when a manager would be back on duty.

The young cashiers and baggers in the store were very helpful but there was nothing they could do about the problem. An older cashier from the pharmacy department came over and began complaining to me about fussing at the young workers at the customer service counter. I was not fussing at them, but I was fussing about the situation and they were obviously not taking it personally. I told the lady that what she was telling me was only making matters worse, yet she continued to blame me /insult me for being upset. I told her one more time to stop talking to me because she was only making matters worse. She continued even louder and I gave her the "talk to the hand" sign and walked off while she was still complaining at me for being upset. By the time I checked out I was so upset that I could barely drive home. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

Very unhappy with the digital coupon process. I even called their CS dept. who couldn't help except to say they would report my concern. The term "can be used up to five times" is inaccurate -- to be truthful they need to say 5 times in one visit. Their saying 5x is misleading. You would think you could go back on 5 different times but not so. This misrepresentation cost me $7.00. Not happy feel like they are using false marketing especially when you consider the areas they service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

After years of being short changed, overcharged, cheated out of fuel points, consistently inconvenienced, and disappointed, I am giving up on Kroger. They can build big, fancy stores, but have no idea how to manage them and, whether intentionally or not, seem to have a never ending ability to short-change or overcharge customers at the register or gas pump. If you bring it to the attention of store customer service they prefer to engage in lengthy confused debate, even over $1.00. Writing to the corporate office is useless as they will never respond.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Visited the store to purchase washing powder product with coupons. The manager BOLDLY didn't read the coupon properly and refused to allow me to use the required amount of coupons. He was treating me unfairly. There were other customers with the same product and coupon and he allowed them to use the coupons. He was very disrespectful and treated me unfairly due to my race. Two other customers witnessed this behavior.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I was in the Kroger on North Fry Rd. on yesterday morning to pick up a L'Oreal skin care cream. I was in the checkout line when the cashier took my coupon and did not know why it was not working so I asked to speak to a manager to figure out what was the problem. The manager was speaking to the cashier and shaking his head and flaying his arms from across the store, so then the cashier came back and said "The manager said we can't accept the coupon." I told the cashier I wanted to speak with him and not for him to just answer from where they were standing. He finally came over to rudely say "We can't take this coupon." He said "This coupon is fraudulent." I assured him it was not fraudulent. It was from L'Oreal the company. I told him I will call them so I did.

I called the company in the store and spoke with a rep. named Joan, she wanted to know what problems they were having using the coupon and was giving suggestions on typing in the numbers. I asked him if he would speak her so she could explain this was a real coupon from L'Oreal and he refused. He said and I quote "I am not speaking with her." I then asked her to be on speaker phone and she heard how rude he was speaking to me. She then apologized for how he was acting and she said it would be noted the problems I was having in the store. I was so humiliated from him accusing me of trying to use a fraudulent coupon. Everyone was staring at me as I had to explain to him this was a legitimate coupon. I want something done about his behavior.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I need to be fair here, being Kroger does sell other great food products. However their meat is spoiled and stinky. Heritage farms and even Perdue brand chicken stinks very bad every time I used to buy it there. Their ground beef is even spotted with black coloring on the inside, and I have purchased rolls of ground beef that are rotten. I got sick of returning items and having to open the meat for the people to check themselves, and went to Safeway. No regrets. I believe Kroger has gone to hell, trying anything to make an extra buck at the expense of people's health. What a lousy company. No more Kroger for me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

I just went to the Kroger at brownsboro rd by the paddock shops and I decided I have had enough of your freezing cold temperature in that store. I left an entire cart of goods in the aisle and left because it was so cold. This has been going on for 2 years now and I have had enough. Sunday I wore a coat. But no more! I am going to find a store that does not have frost on the carts.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I know people often submit reviews only when the experience is negative. My experience today was outstanding. Myself along with about a dozen have customers, we effectively communicated with and received our items in a timely manner. The pharmacy Department obviously worked as a team very effectively. Thank you for the Superior Service!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

Every time I go into this store I get attitude from EVERY employee there. Make a call to talk with customer service only to get hung up on 5 times. This store is the nastiest ** store I ever been into and the people are just trashy. I will never go to this store until they remove the trash they call employees. Need less ghetto and more human before this store will be worthy of my cash.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I purchased an outdoor glass table at the Kroger on Old Alabama and Haynes Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA. When finally trying to put the table together I realized one of the legs will not stay on the slot, so I returned it to the Kroger by my house on Holcomb Bridge, Johns Creek, GA. Before I bring the table inside of the store I went in there asking an associate if I can return the table. She told me I can, someone just have to retrieve the receipt, so I went to my car and have someone help me bring the table in. The store manager thought that's too much work for her to do, with no explanations she told she can't help me, I need to go to the Kroger that I purchased the table to return it.

I think that so lazy of her. If, all Kroger is Kroger why do I have to go through this while your merchandise is defective? That Kroger on Holcomb Bridge is so ratchet from the store manager to some of the associates. When someone from corporate will see that, I'm sure I'm not the only customer is complaining. I spoke with someone from the home office, she told they do not have to take my return if not purchased at that location. That really sucks. Kroger need to change this stupid policy.

Kroger Company Information