2.13/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

806 Kroger Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased a case of this water, opened a bottle to find a large plastic shard in the water. Have photos. Wondering how many times plastic pieces are consumed by drinking bottled water. This is completely unacceptable. Cannot drink the tap water as it contains arsenic. There needs to be stronger regulations regarding plastic in bottled water.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Am I just stupid, and everyone else KNEW that Kroger Powdered Sugar contains CORNSTARCH??? CORNSTARCH in SUGAR??? Is there a good reason for this? I don't make my cake icing with CORNSTARCH! I'm getting really sick of Corporate greed on this scale.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I go to the Kroger's in Basswood Saginaw, Fort Worth, Texas, because that's the only closest stores to my house less than 1 mile. I'm always disappointed when I reach the cashier's register, because the prices on the shelves are one price and the cashier's counter has a much more higher price. Now this is so deceiving to the customer, because you think that you are paying the sale price, but you are actually paying more. Whoever is changing the prices at the shelves are not doing their job and changing it at the register. I think this is scam because u buy a lot of items, it's difficult to check every item price at the register. My neighbors have also complained to the cashiers but no action has been taken.

Yesterday I purchased cage free eggs, in big letters it said 2 packs for $5.00 at the register it was 2.99 each and milk was 1.29 sale price on the refrigerator doors, but the register had it for 1.69. I asked the cashier to come with me to check the prices, but instead, she gave me the advertised price. I think this is happening a lot. Last week I had the same bad experience and I was asked to take my paid groceries to customer service for the refund price. That's another 30 minutes wait time there. Who has time to waste at their customer service, this should be done at the register before the prices are changed at the shelves. Kroger's is the most annoying stores that I have been to. If it was not for the convenience I will never go there! I see they have a lot of 1 stars reviews... The 5 stars are probably given by the employees!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchase groceries from Kroger and I had good experience till date. But I noticed that the eggplant I purchased just two days back has completely turned tender and when I cut it open, it was full brownish inside. I had to throw it since I felt it was rotten. The question is - is this normal for eggplant to get rotten in two days. I have purchased eggplants before and never experienced before.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Several neighborhoods and then the streets will have Kroger shopping carts shoved into grass, or almost sidewalk, that I have called about for months, and they will not pick them up. The simple solution if you have this problem is to call the city and they will take them and recycle. Krogers doesn't need those shopping carts. Tired of Kroger's not listening. Granted, it's not in my neighborhood as we don't have this problem, but it's a neighborhoods and on streets that I drive by every single day.

At one point, I suggest they take random shopping carts and on the inside where they're normally paid to have food advertising, put a sign saying, "if you steal this shopping cart and take off our lot, you will be photographed by parking lot security cameras. Then fined for stealing. But, what do these men know? It all falls on deaf ears. Just call your local city, and they will take their carts. Krogers can always buy more. When left on side of streets, dangerous to animals, children and they can blow into roadways and cause serious accidents. Kroger's more in tune with money, not safety of others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I called in to the 800 number tonight due to a problem with my digital coupons. The young man who helped me was Zian ** and he assisted well and solved my problem. He was very courteous and that goes a long way with me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I frequent this store because of its location to my house. As long as I don’t interact with the employees my experience is okay. There are a number of incidents that were unpleasant there. One such incident, two weeks ago. I went to the seafood department to buy crab legs. I walked up the counter, was the only person in line. I saw a lady behind the counter, she looked at me but didn’t say anything.

After a few minutes I asked if I could get 1 lb. of king crabs and 1/2 lb. of snow crab. She said, “Are you gonna take them home to cook or are you gonna Force me to cook them.” (I thought, heaven forbid she would have to do her job.) I said, "Ashley if you don’t mind I would like you to steam them for me." She rolled her eyes, sighed then asked what type of seasoning. I said, "Old Bay but not too much," she sighed again, then I noticed her pointing to the sign with the seasoning options. When I finally got my order she got the quantity and the seasoning wrong. I didn’t say anything, just moved on.

I went back a week ago to get more crab legs, thinking maybe service will be better this time. This time there was an older lady behind the counter, again I was the only person in line. She was wrapping seafood. She looked up, then continued to wrap the seafood. I stood there for a few minutes then said, "Excuse me, could I get some crab legs." She continued wrapping the seafood. I said, "Did you hear me?" Then she stop wrapping the seafood and came over to get the crab legs for me. She had a mean look on her face. Another time I had a basket full of groceries, saw a young lady with an empty line. When I got ready to come to her line she looked at me like, OMG a customer is coming to my line. It was clear she didn’t want me to be there. I don’t feel comfortable at this Kroger.

The other problem I have with this store is, I asked a manager over a year ago twice about them possibly ordering Blueberry pop-tarts. He told me he would talk to the Kellog man, I believe he was just blowing me off. Every time I talk to them they don’t really seem interested. I have to travel to Wal-mart or Publix which is farther from my house, if I want them because this Kroger never have them. I have never known them to ever have them in stock. I have lived here 2 years. I don’t know what the problem is at this Kroger. Maybe the employees don’t like their job, so it isn’t my fault. I should have to deal with the attitude. All the employees, of course aren’t like this but too many of them are.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I had a simple question about some Kroger brand vitamins, so submitted the online form back in October (2018). I heard back right away from Jennifer with Kroger Customer Connect, promising she'd refer the question to a "Corporate Food Tech." After a month, I inquired and she said she was waiting to hear from someone. Another month went by and finally she told me I had to call the product supplier and gave me an 800 number. The supplier put me on terminal hold! When I reported this back to Customer Service, they offered no further assistance. When I related this story to my local Kroger pharmacist (Brentwood TN), he said, "That doesn't surprise me."

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We have been shopping at Kroger for over 4 years in Maryville, Tennessee and occasionally in Knoxville, Tennessee. We have had multiple issues over the years but last night was the final straw. We will no longer shop at Kroger! Here’s the most serious issues. A couple of years back we bought fresh cod from the Maryville store and cooked it the very next day and as we started eating it we smelled ammonia, we stopped eating it and googled it and found that the ammonia smell meant it was decomposing! We called Kroger and was told to throw it out and we would have a $20 gift card waiting for us when we come back. Since we had to go out to eat that night this wasn’t much of a compensation.

A few months ago we bought pork chops at the Maryville store that we were going to cook the next day but when we took them out they were slimy to the touch, we ended up going out to eat that night as well. Understand that with our jobs and the distance we have to drive to work we eat out during the week and only eat at home on the weekends. We usually have frozen fish or frozen chicken that we thaw and cook. Rarely do buy fresh meat and our experience purchasing fresh meat from Kroger has not been good.

Last night as we walked through the Knoxville store we kept smelling something bad and couldn’t figure out what it was or where it was coming from. At the register the young man bagging our groceries noticed the smell and we were smelling the package of bacon trying to figure out where it was coming from and ended up not finding it until we got to our car. As we picked up the bag that had our sliced deli meat in it, we smelled it. We opened the bag a little and the smell would about knock you over! How did the person slicing this meat not smell it!

My husband took it back in and got our money refunded and there was no apology. He only asked if we wanted more. I’m so glad we caught this before we drove all the way home! When we did get home we realized he gave my husband the receipt for the refund but neglected to give him back our original receipt and when we put away our groceries we realized a bag of chips we bought was missing!

We have on other occasions gotten home and found things missing that we paid for. In addition very young cashiers and baggers in the evenings that are more interested in talking to each than taking care of the customers. We explained multiple times we need cold items together and explained why only to have the distracted bagger mix items. Deli people can never be consistent with slicing the meat and they make a mess with it. We have gotten sliced cheese with meat scraps on it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had my son purchase a whole chicken for me from the Kroger in Cypress, TX. When I saw it I could tell immediately that it did not weigh what it said. The chicken was 2.7 lbs. less than the weight showed. Since it was all I had to cook that night I kept it, but left a comment with Kroger online. When they got back to me all they said was that it could be water weight. Well I had weighed it after I took it out of the package and the water weight was only 3 oz. I got back with them and told them this and that I was still charged for over 2 extra pounds. I enclosed a picture showing the chicken in its packaging (before I took it out) with the actual weight on a scale and the sticker that shows how much it weighs and the price. I never heard back from them and am very disappointed in their lack of customer service. I usually enjoy shopping at Kroger, but have taken a lot of my business elsewhere due to getting no help in this matter.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

The manager had taken issue with me. She accused me of shoplifting at first then changed it to I was filming inside the store after being told not to. I was NOT shoplifting or filming in the store and no one confronted me saying I did. This vindictive manager secretly followed me around inside the store hiding around corners while on her cell phone to the police. If she had asked me to leave I would have, but she wanted me arrested. She is good friends with the Grove City police.

The man at the checkout willingly sold me two cartons of cold lemonade, thanked me for my purchase and as I left she tried to call me back, afraid that I would be gone before her police friends got there. I ignored her and kept walking. Her friends (Grove City police) abducted, beaten and raped me abusing me for two days before charging me with criminal trespass.

They continue the abuse to this day, the police, following me into stores and trying to talk the management or employees into banning me from their store. Walmart, Audi Foods, Kmart, Meijer, I don't know what they are telling these store employees but I found that they told them at Meijer that I was breaking into cars in their parking lot.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have shopped at Kroger stores for over 50 years. I moved to Aiken, SC about five years ago. There is one Kroger here which I have gone to since moving. The store has had self checkout lines for years. Recently, the concept is being pushed. The machines and counters are not user friendly. I have worked with computers and machines for well over 5 decades and I am acceptive of change. However, the setup is not easy to use for several reasons. If someone only has a few items, it is not too bad. If a person has a cart full, it is almost impossible. The checkout requires that the user bag everything in the bagging area but you can only get a certain amount in the bagging area. If you try to put the bagged items back in the cart, the machine starts beeping and saying 'put bagged items back in the bagging area'.

I was told by one of the personnel that you can also put items on a shelf which is about three feet above the bagging area and you have to lean forward to place the items there. I have back problems and it is very painful to have to lean forward with a bag that weights more than a few pounds. Also, there is not something with which someone can pull over to scan heavy items in the cart. These are available at the counters that have personnel behind them. Even then, there is not enough space on the shelf.

I worked with physically handicapped people for many years. These checkouts are not handicapped accessible. I am sure that the store will say they do have a line or two lines open but everyone wants to get in those lines so it is a long wait. I have called the national headquarters twice and frankly, they don't seem to care. If I was legally handicapped I would sue them. I tried the Scan and Go once. It was even worse. The little hand carried scanner did not sync with the machine at the checkout and it took the people who work there over five minutes to figure it out, so it was not just me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Kroger on West Broad St Columbus Ohio - My husband and I purchased our groceries and were drove up upon by some woman demanding gas money. I explained we didn't have any extra cash and asked her to move on. She got out of her vehicle and tried to assault us. Needless to say my husband was there to protect us! That store has panhandlers hiding in wait to either hurt you or rob you. My question is WHERE IS THE SECURITY?!?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

On December 20, 2018 there were five unauthorized charges processed with my debit card at two different Kroger locations in Tucker, GA as well as Atlanta, GA. The charges were in the amount of $25.00, there were three charges in the amount of $54.95 and one charge of $57.72. I'm located in Tampa, FL and there is no Kroger's located in Florida at all. The card was in my possession so I can only assume that a criminal had access to my information. How could this happen??? Would this not have been a red flag to your employees. Did anyone think to check ID? I called right away before the payments were processed and was advised that there was nothing that can be done. It's Christmas time and I have no way now to pay my existing bills. I've never heard of Kroger's until this happened and I don't ever plan on shopping at Kroger's. What is YOUR responsibility to preventing such fraudulent behavior??

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

On 12/7/2018, I purchased a Frozen Turkey, at the Murphysboro, Illinois Kroger and it had no price tag. A cashier, by the name of Cody decided to weigh the turkey, he said it was 20 lbs. I did not check my receipt until I searched for it on yesterday. I called the store on 12/17/18, spoke with someone in the meat department, and the service desk person, Mandie. I shared with the meat department, that this Cody, weighed the turkey at 20 lbs., so I cooked the turkey at that weight, on 325 F, for the time of a 20 lb. turkey. Well, the turkey was dry from the inside out.

The meat department was willing to give me a turkey, and I was willing to bring the turkey in the roaster to the store. I was told; "You don't have to do this, bring your receipt, the turkeys are still .29 cents, and we will give you the turkey or your money." Well, I did not get to the store until yesterday evening. The same cashier, Cody, was at the service desk. He had been on a break and returned while I was showing the other worker the receipt and explaining what he did. There is an ** manager, who was once at this store, and she had obviously, returned to the store, since I was last there. She looked at me as though I was lying, and told me to go home, and get the turkey from the garbage. I had the turkey in the dumpster with other trash and wore gloves to get this turkey, that had fallen apart, out of the garbage, that was originally in my home, that was now in the dumpster.

Now, I was told by this manager, who had returned to this location in the past two weeks, after I explained that I had been told to toss the turkey, that had been in the garbage in my kitchen, and then took it, and tossed in the dumpster. When I came into the store, after being forced to dumpster dive to retrieve this turkey, this rude cashier, Cody, (who was the person who originally completed the transaction on 12/7/2018), told me that this ** Manager told him, to not accept the turkey, they were not going to accept garbage, and to leave the store! Now, mind you! This is after I was told to retrieve this turkey from the garbage outside. I had just gone home, dumpster dived at the age of 64.

This manager, she obviously assumed that I was trying to get Kroger’s money. I was not. I wanted to make the point that this person, Cody, had arbitrarily weighed this turkey, on the produce scale, gave me a frozen turkey weight of 20 lbs., and I cooked the turkey at that weight, following the cooking instructions on the package for that weight, and it over-cooked. The manager told him to give me my money rudely, and he then told me to get out of the store, because I obviously, had other issues! I turned to her, and said; “Did you hear what he said to me? She claimed that she did not hear him. I know that she was lying. She was at the door near the desk, that they go up the stairs at.

I promise you, that I will never come back to none of your stores. Walmart, Sam's, Schnucks and Aldi's will get my money. How dare he tell me; "You need to leave! You obviously have other issues!" I was treated in this manner for $5.90. For a turkey priced at .29 cents a pound. I don’t want to imagine what type of treatment would have been given to me, had the turkey been priced at the normal prices at $1.49 -$2.99 per pound. But, for $5.90 I was told to get the turkey out of the garbage, and bring it back to the store, have someone tell me that this was not the entire turkey, and verbally assault me.

I reported one of you clerks approximately two weeks ago, Emily is her name, I watched her hand a pack of cigarettes to a young lady, without Id’ing her. After the lady left, I shared with her that she could get your store in trouble. She claimed that this Kroger had a policy, where an employee could profile a person on the way they looked. So, if they looked 21 years of age, they could just ask them to give them their date of birth. I was wondering if this was retaliation for this. That cashier was at a register with other cashier’s smirking and laughing as this unbelievable scene unfolded. The ** manager's name is Serena.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The other day I sent my husband to get a money order for $580 at Kroger Livonia, Michigan. He purchased the money order and the cashier had an attitude as usual. They always treat people like it's a bother to wait on a customer. Today I was filling out the money order and I noticed it was only for $500 and not the $580 that I asked for. I asked my husband why and he got really ??? upset. He knew that he said $580 to the cashier and that he had indeed paid her $580 plus 98 cents for the money order. He gave me the receipt and sure enough it said $580. He took the money order and receipt back to Kroger to straighten out the problem. He was basically told that he was wrong and the same cashier knew that she gave him the right money order amount. She told him her drawer did not come up short that day and she could pull the tape but it would take like 2 weeks. Yadda yadda and was very rude.

He showed her the receipt and she tried keeping it. Boy was he pissed!!! Yes, he should have checked the amount to make sure!!! It clearly says MO order amount $580 on the receipt. He only had $581 in his wallet when he purchased it. I am now contacting the corporate office in Ohio over this because I am so tired of being treated badly at that store. They are there to take care of people. They are in business to serve their customers. The cashier didn't handle the situation professionally at all. We were told in different words "You are wrong and you are screwed out of $80"!!!

Needless to say, after years of being a Kroger shopper, my whole family and I won't shop there anymore. I do not have $80 to just throw away and now because the whole payment of $580 was not sent, there will be a $60 late fee. Regardless of how people choose to pay things in life, they should be treated with respect. It has been bad enough in the past getting attitude while paying my electric bill there and now just screwing us out of $80 and we are supposed to just say "Thanks". I don't think so!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I got a rain check about a year ago. Tried to use it recently. Was told they would not honor it. When I called corporate they said it was up to the store manager as to whether they will honor a rain check. There is nothing on the rain check stating that and there is nothing printed on the raincheck stating that. All I was quoted was company policy. Customer unfriendly. Dishonest. Will not shop here anymore. Was also told by corporate that Kroger had sold all or most of the Harris Teeter stores. This is totally incorrect. This company clearly has problems.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Kroger at 1601 Willow Lawn Drive - I called yesterday for help updating my UVC card and she couldn't help me and would not allow me to speak with someone who might could. Then she hung up on me. I called back twice and she hung up both times and asked me NOT to call back. I got my daughter to call to ask for a manager and she told her "you are calling for that lady" and hung up on her. I called other Kroger stores and explained to them what was happening and a manager from another store called and asked to speak to the closing manager. To no avail; it was never reported until I reported it today.

I called the District Manager. Hopefully he can be aware of some of the practices that go on with this woman because it may have happened to someone else and was concealed. I chose to shine some light on this situation because I shop there a lot and feel I shouldn't be disrespected if I need help. I don't know this woman and she doesn't know me which makes it even more outrageous!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I hate going to the deli counter at the Brownsville Kroger in Powder Springs, GA. One lady in particular always makes you wait until she mops the floor or something then she cuts the meat how she wants and gives you how much she wants regardless of what you ask for then she expects you to accept it based on her reasoning.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

After making a couple of purchases at Kroger on LaGrange Road, Louisville, a supposed manager, Tim (wearing no identification), followed me out to my car accusing me of leaving without paying. I said I had the receipt and while searching for it, he said it was too cold outside to wait for me to find it and would send it up to loss prevention while he also took my license plate number. Upon finding the receipt in my purse and taking it back into the store he refused to review it and ran upstairs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a 4 pack of whole kernel corn, went to cook it and they're all creamed corn! I then looked at their website to see if anyone else had this issue and saw so many good recalls it makes me very nervous to buy Kroger brand again, or even shop there.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I bought milk and orange juice from Kroger Granbury TX that both expired way before the expiration date on the jugs. The milk went bad and my husband told me a few days ago the orange juice didn't taste right. This morning I got it out and was going to drink some and the jug was all bloated. I have had milk go bad early before but I'm done buying dairy products from your store. The orange juice had an exp. date of Nov 24th! Today is the 17th. Wow!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

While at the Kroger Marketplace in Newport Kentucky my husband was shopping a new Hot Wheels display that an associate took out of the box and said it was ok to look at to having Daniel a so called acting manager come out of nowhere and snag the whole display and box and product out of my husband's hands and got rude with us as he dragged it away. Since when is it ok for a store employee to take product from a guest's hands and do this??

When we said the lady told us it was ok he went down an aisle saying the lady’s name, "Show your face." Omg. Then he ran off with the products putting them into the back room. This was totally unacceptable and I’ve never seen anyone act like this ever. Had to go home and explain to my son, "Sorry I didn’t get you what you wanted because the guy took it from daddy’s hands." I won’t be going to a Kroger ever again. This was the last time I will tolerate being treated badly by an ignorant grocery store employee.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I shopped at Kroger on October 28th 2018. I was shopping for a special dinner. I noticed the bagger when checking out, was messing up my order with the customer behind, me in line. I corrected the bagger who was placing the customer behind mine into my cart. When I returned home, I noticed that I was missing items that I purchased. I called Kroger immediately and asked for a manager. A man by the name of Craig answered and told him what happened, he said sorry there was nothing he could do. I contacted the corporate office and they took my information but did nothing to get my money back. I do not recommend shopping at Kroger, from my experience they do not care about stealing from their customers.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I was at Kroger store located at 720 Commerce Drive Decatur Georgia, on Wednesday November 7 2018. I was speaking to store supervisor about an employee that was loud rude and out of control. The employee came over into meeting and shouted out more, horrible loud hurtful and rude comments, much worse than I was there to complain about. It is obvious that the employee has no respect for their manager. So I am ready here to let everyone know if you go to the Kroger, the employees do not respect their managers or supervisors and if you complain to the manager supervisor the employee may come over to try to bully you or intimidate you, this bad conduct was done right in front their own manager. It is obvious that the employee has no respect for their manager.

So I am writing here to let everyone know if you go to the Kroger grocery, the employees do not respect their managers and supervisors. If you complain to the manager or supervisor like I did, the employee may come over to try to bully you in intimidate, and call you a name, thus is what happened to me. All right in front the store own manager. The employee is **, the front end manager is **. I am going to call there whenever ** is in duty to try to get an explanation for poor customer service. What is most impactful to me is that well speaking to the store supervisor Ms. **, that employee came over and was more louder than ever, Ms. **, call me a name and was very disrespectful. Moreover she still works at this store.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We have been Kroger customers for years, but being seniors, very unhappy with your new automated checkout. We changed to Walmart yesterday for this reason and spent $361.63 - money that we would have normally spent with Kroger. The reason is that your Washington Rd. store in Evans, Ga., and I'm sure other Kroger stores, now have only one or two lines that offer clerk checkout and grocery bagging. We tried the automated checkout 'service' first, but because we had so many groceries, it just wasn't practical for us. I'm sure a lot of money is being spent by Kroger to automate and save having to pay clerks, but I think you are going to lose older customers who don't appreciate the service. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

KROGER 25050 F.M. 1093 Richmond, TX 77406 Phone: (832) 586-7375 - In Kroger a manager stole my wallet. His name is Mr. **. The same person once tried to stole the my daughter's wallet too. All your managers know that. But Nobody help me. There's camera all over the store. They made me wait to earn time. Because they knew the camera records were erased in 60 days. They are protecting a thief. I'll go to the police and the court.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I recently used my debit card to purchase gas at a Kroger gas station because I also take advantage of my points on my Kroger card. The gas purchase was $50, however the next day I noticed the amount of $125 was taken out of my account as a hold from Kroger. I called the bank and they were shocked because usually gas stations only take like $1 to test the card. The bank told me to call the gas station and the guy at the gas station had me call Kroger customer service. The woman at Kroger told me to be careful when using your card at gas stations because they can put a hold on your money.

She said she couldn’t clear it. I told her; "so you are telling me not to get gasoline at Kroger or not to shop there anymore, thank you, goodbye." Because of this hold I had to sleep in my car because I didn’t have enough money in my account for a hotel room on a cold October night. The customer service and money holding at Kroger left me to decide to not purchase anything from this company ever again!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

When recently moving to the area, I found that the Kroger's supermarkets have the best coupon deals in the area, for food and gas. However the regular run of the mill grocery foods of the Kroger brand seem to be full of salt, sugar, and high fructose corn syrup. We need to have better healthy brands of food to choose from. Even the applesauce, a couple of small jars of it to be found way down on the bottom shelf unseen without crouching down there to look, tasted flavorless and sweetened, although it is claimed on the label to be unsweetened. Lots of things that I used to find in a normal grocery store, such as kippered herring in cans, does not exist at any of the town Krogers I have been to look for them. They do have nice fresh vegetables that are organic, but it is a very small part of their entire vegetable section.

Their frozen veggie sections of pre-prepared medleys of ready to cook veggies are voluminous and found in several sections. The tea and coffee brands at the present are still varied enough to find one's favorites. There are some brands that I stay away from that are full of heavy metals, but Kroger also sells a few of those that have been tested and found pure. The coffees offered are great, equal to those found in expensive high end stores I find. Many of my basic favorite brands of things are missing. These include B&M original Boston baked beans in a glass jar, Clorox color safe bleach, sales on Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs natural ice cream, which I used to be able to get at 3/$10.00 at my former grocery store, and my favorite brand of vinegar, Regina Red Wine Vinegar, all of which I could easily find in Virginia at Giant and Walmart.

One must find out what time the trucks come in with the meat and vegetables to get there before the shelves get ransacked by weekend shoppers to get the best quality and selection of stuff. Bargains at the meat counter can be great if you come early on a Saturday before the mob, for they like to unload the weekly unsold stuff before the new stuff arrives. The gas credits are really great, but whenever I get a bargain on gas like that I worry about the quality as I like to keep my car in good running condition. What I was not used to seeing was 50% of the store size taken up by clothing and household goods, like a 5 & 10 used to be.

Now that they are trying to look like Wegmans Supermarkets with another 15% of their stores being renovated as a massive wine and beer section. I am less satisfied that the items in the specialty section, for instance feta cheese, the olive bar, the salami section, and the Berea bakery breads products seem to be vanishing, or now we have to pay a lot more for ever smaller packages. Olives that we once could dip out at their olive bar to the size needed with little added water now come prepacked in very small plastic containers that are mostly full of water that spills out all over every time one tries to open the plastic carton. A few olives in there, and I could not determine if the net weight included both olives and water, or just the olives. And the price by weight for the water in there is not honest retailing.

If they start to go to the centralized mega-packing centers for meat and use only Kroger brand sourced stuff to save money, as Giant did in Virginia, I will probably look for other stores to buy my meats. For now, I have found the meat and fish selections available in their butcher section to be first class, and their price is reasonable and if those disappear, guess I will either try Fresh Markets or Whole Foods or Costco in the future, as a former landlord swore by Costco's organic meats and products.

I will have to see if Fresh Market still has bargain coupon days like they did in Virginia or I will have to find another store in town that has a butcher section on site. The biggest complaint is that I spend way far too much time trying to find stuff I need in Kroger due to the huge department store on one floor layout scheme. There is a good thing about this problem though, the staff every time I have been there, are extremely kind in offering help finding stuff. If you look wandering aimlessly and confused, someone will notice and offer to help you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Kroger Salmon Burgers 12 OZ. 4 - 3 OZ Burgers - Not this time. Only got 3. ;-( So disappointed. It was to be a dinner party for four. Now how will we decide who gets the Spam burger? We understand that nothing is always what it seems. Please forward one Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Burger to us. Regards. So Disappointed.

Kroger Company Information