Kroger

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently experienced a problem with a Kroger pharmacy and filled out a comment on the website. I immediately got an automatic response back saying that I would be contacted. About a week went by with no comment so I called and spoke to a representative and told her my problem. She said she would have someone contact me but no one ever did. I called back yesterday and they said they did not have a record of me calling so again I explained my problem. I told them that if no one contacted me I would be moving all of my and my wife's prescriptions from Kroger. I have been dealing with them for over 20 years and never had a problem until I moved. I realize they are a large company and my business is not going to break them but I just wanted to let them know of my problem.

I wrote a check to Kroger on Dec 23rd. The first time it did not clear because my SS check had not hit but they put it back thru and it was paid on 12-28-2016. On Jan 9, 2017 they charged my acct 50.00 because they had to send it back thru. I checked Ky. charges and it says they can only charge 25.00. They are making money on all of us. Shame on Kroger's. I could understand if the bank did not pay the check but this overkill!!! They got the 42.85 plus 50.00. Awful. Just Awful.

Great store in-house savings, friendliness of the staff and inviting atmosphere for me. I'm satisfied each visit with my purchases and can always find a good bargain and different food choice I wasn't looking for.

I like this store because the meat and produce are dependably fresh and are good quality. The staff is wonderful and helpful, there when you need them and go beyond the expected. There is a bagger here who, even on his off days, will step in and help the staff when he is there as a shopper. His name is John and is exemplary in all he does.

Kroger Smiths is family. EVERYONE smiles with a warm welcome. It makes a difference, especially after a particularly rough day. For a single parent, sometimes it's the ONLY adult interaction and can make or break someone's day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

I shop at Fry's/Kroger store. They have great customer service and their products are always a good buy and they always have great sales on items that I buy and use and their rewards are better than others.

Our Kroger is in a transitional Phase at the moment and all that will do is make the store a better place to Shop. Customer service is Personal at every section and the employees are exemplary. We have no intention to shop anywhere else, especially after it is enlarged completely.

Some Kroger locations are nicely designed, while others look like a barebones warehouse with a nice facade being the only thing going for them. As a frequent customer of Kroger, I find that some of their employees are a bit rude and quite simply burned out. Other locations, and competing brands are often much more pleasant and more human when it comes to interacting with employees. Sprouts and Trader Joe's are great examples of good customer service. I realize these are grocery stores, and will be tiring and repetitive and even boring, but I do think the employee attitudes are quite important. Otherwise, I am happy with Kroger.

Our local Kroger-owned stores are called "Fred Meyer" (aka "Freddy's"). The stores are a super-center, having both groceries as well as a wide variety of consumer hard goods. Their variety is quite wide, but their prices are somewhat usurious. We generally use only their pharmacy and gas station, preferring to purchase our food items at other, more reasonably priced supermarkets.

One of the best stores I've ever shopped at - even the pharmacist is friendly helpful and they all take the time to understand what you're trying to find out and help you. I love that Store Marshall Texas Kroger's. Thank you.

While renovation has improved Kroger stores - opening displays, more attractive lighting - it falls short of Publix with selection and customer service. For example, in one local Kroger, while the cereal aisle is expansive, there are limited options in the name brands. In the ice cream cases, two very popular brands offer only a few choices of flavors while Kroger house brands line 2 full cases of three shelves each. Despite commercials currently aired with friendly customer service, in actuality, there is very little interaction between the staff and the customer until checkout. Their cashiers are generally friendly, but help within the store is minimal.

I was shopping at the Fry's on Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, Az. I went to self checkout. One of the items did not scan. Rung bell for attendant who was standing a few feet away from me. He shut it off and was chitchatting to a old man that he seemed to know personally. They were talking about personal stuff. He did step over and offered to help after 4 rings for service. 2nd item also problem. I put the two items on top of self checkouts and moved to another one. Attendant was pissed, said "it is going to do the same at this one." I said "no" - I put the items up on top. "I did not want to interrupt your private conversation." He then said "what have you done today?" Looking at my handicap cart. He said "I have been busy all day. What are you going to do today?" looking again at my handicap cart.

He called supervisor over who said nothing - appearing to take his side. I told him I would let corporate know and wrote his name on piece of paper. Jeremiah **. Said he is beyond reproach and the company will not do anything to him. Go ahead and report him and then come back and he will tell me nothing has happened. It is bad enough to be disabled but to have employee make fun of disability is much worse. This company should stand behind Americans with disabilities. I will not return to a store that openly discriminates.

Your commercials are saturating the local television programming channels to the point it is apparent this is why your prices are so high. You used to have a decent store and then decided to build one that it could eat our town. Maybe another reason you charge so much. I will transmit this comment but NOT submit it.

This store is still called Harris Teeter but was purchased by Kroger. Since that purchase the quality of the produce has dropped (to the level I remember over 30 years ago when Kroger had a store in Charlotte), many food options have disappeared and the prices have risen. What was once a quality grocer with better prices has now gone down and I shop other stores for better quality and price. Their customer service is very good but I have seen some attitude changes in the last few weeks.

I go to the Kroger that is closest to my home. It's older & smaller than some of the other Krogers, so it doesn't offer as much selection as some of the larger ones, but it's clean, the prices are reasonable, and the cashiers are friendly & courteous. I love their bakery & they also have great markdowns. Kroger is my go-to grocery store.

Very friendly staff, always willing to stop what they are doing to help you find what you're looking for. I'm a regular customer of Kroger/Fry's food store, and am treated like family. Always greeted when I walk through the doors. Thank you Fry's food and drug Yuma, Arizona store.

This store is so clean and always stocked on my supplies, the check out people are always friendly. I love the selection of fresh meats and deli cheeses. They have one of the best organic sections close to me. Other than them, I normally shop Trader Joe's.

This store has very friendly, very helpful employees - from the people who bag the groceries, the clerks, the stockers and the managers. Always has the lowest overall pricing and the weekly ads are overflowing with great sale items in EVERY department. There is also a great customer loyalty program that sends extra coupons each month that targets the products you buy most. Every 100 pts earned on the card is 10 cents off a gallon of gas. Also features great promotions to earn special prizes for sports teams; sends random "Thank You for shopping" coupons worth extra money in addition to all their other saving offers - great store - my favorite, and I shop a lot!!

My experience at this store is always top-notch. They carry all of my favorite brands and products!!! The store is always organized and neat. Their meats, and produce are always fresh!!! Sales are fantastic!!!

There are several people who have been able to get produce from Kroger's after their markdown price because they just throw it all away. We would give it to animals that were in need! But instead of throwing it away they would sell it to us in box lots (would not donate it)! Kroger's and Dole rep. started deciding they wasn't going to donate the bags of salad anymore stating were afraid it would go bad before it would get to the animals & afraid we would sue. We take this food less than 5 min from store & have for 1 1/2 years along with baskets of fresh fruit most could have been donated to the homeless shelters as well but not they just throw it all away.

I have pictures of all their food they decide to throw away instead of helping those in need. They do donate from bakery to homeless & the meat before markdown which we all know can be bad. It's thrown in a back of a pickup truck not refrig. How many people can that hurt? Why can't they just deliver fresh instead of taking the chance of the older meat thrown in the back of a truck growing bad bacteria and toxins! YOU CAN SEE SOME OF THE MEAT DONATED IS ALREADY BROWN. God bless the man in the picture he is only trying to help others in need.

I went to Kroger this week as the store I have been shopping at has closed (Martin's). I find Kroger to be too large to shop in. I was also surprised that the cashier placed the ground beef on top of the pineapple without first putting in a plastic bag.

I use to love Kroger but over the past few years they are dropping name brand foods and substituting with their brands which cannot equal to the quality of name brands. So now I shop at Kroger for eggs, milk and bread and then go across the street to Walmart to get what I need and want. What a hassle!

Fred Meyers is my go-to supermarket because as they promote: one stop shopping. Often times I'm looking for a product unrelated to food. Fred's (Kroger) has several departments: paint, automotive, groceries, clothing, cosmetics, shoes, bedding/towels, toys, gift items, cards, kitchenware, liqueurs!

We have been shopping at a Kroger (King Soopers) since 1969 or earlier. I would recommend this to any new customer that has moved into this area. We have used their pharmacy since it was put into the store. The meats are kept very well and the fruits and vegetables are kept fresh.

I enjoy shopping at our neighborhood Kroger store (QFC), as the store is clean and employees very friendly. Our little store doesn't carry all brands that I would like because it is so small. However, it is very convenient to my house.

It's always neat & clean, kept well stocked as possible. Everyone is helpful, friendly. I really enjoy the 5% senior discount day of Thursday every week. The coupons I click on my phone also give me extra discounts anytime I go there. The restroom is always spotless. I can get my prescriptions there also.

I love the convenience of this store and how close it is to my house. The staff feel like family and are generally helpful and pleasant. Because it is one of the smaller stores in our area, it does not carry as much of a variety of the products that I like. They also are out of stock on some items which is disappointing. Their produce department is very good with a good variety of both conventional and organic options.

It by far is my favorite store. It is rather competitive with the big discount stores. It does not have the same variety that Martin's has; however, the prices are much higher for the same products. I prefer price over variety. Kroger's gas discounts also add up!

I have to shop two different Kroger stores - at times - to get the sale items because frequently they will be out of popular sale items. Stores are clean, easy to find things. The Kroger store brands are usually same quality as name brands; if not satisfied, you can return them.

I like my big Kroger. Has wide aisles and good selection. My main problems, Sometimes sales in flyers aren't marked as such in store. And sometimes the produce is not as fresh as I would like. Sometimes the produce area is out of items I need. But overall I like the store. The prices have gotten better and the customer service much better.

Kroger Company Profile