3.95/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kroger

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kroger Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

All the employees are ok, some are better than others. I don't like how they remodeled the store, harder to find things. The only thing that really bothers me is the checkout. While waiting in line the cashier and customers being served love having conversations, ones that when they are checked out, continue with the cashier sometimes ignoring us until they're done. I love the self checkouts because I get out faster, however I wish they would be set on a cashier scan mode where there is no pause after each item. Staff is generally friendly and try to help when asked.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The staff at the stores in the Greenwood, IN area are tops! Whenever I need assistance, I can usually find someone in the particular department to bring my requests to! Recently, when I couldn't find a specific cut of meat in the case, someone CHEERFULLY went to the back to bring some out for me! Just yesterday I had some difficulty locating an item in the refrigerated section, and one of the personal shoppers led me right to it! Kroger corporate should be congratulated on their hiring process and on the caliber of people they employ. People on their corporate customer service have been very helpful, too. Occasionally I've reported issues with Kroger brand product quality and they have been cordial and appropriately responsive to the reports.

There are some areas in which Kroger corporate could (and perhaps should) improve. People who bag groceries need better training. It's been more than a few times that I've had to call and report problems with how things have been packaged. Even when we do our best to sort items as we load them on the check lane, baggers often mindlessly shove things willy-nilly into those cheap plastic bags--things like canned goods that become dented by the time you get the groceries home. And speaking of those cheap plastic bags, we had several rip lately, spilling the contents. Thank God, when that happened most recently there was no broken glass as the result. No business is perfect, but Kroger gets a 5-star shout-out for giving good customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My Kroger store is very nice. It's a very reliable place to shop. Kroger's have friendly employees and always standing out to help their customers the best way they can. They have a variety of groceries in stock at all times. Helping handicap people the best way they can. Making sure that they are comfortable while shopping at the store. The parking lot is very big so everyone have a place to park.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like that store. It was the only store in Wake County NC that was worth going to. The sales were great and the line of product were better that the other stores in this area who charge 5x more for the same things or things that were not even as good. Besides, I hate Harris Teeter, Publix and Lowe’s. They are rip off, high cost stores with less quality. I miss Kroger’s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Kroger most of the time because it's very convenient and it has a wide range of organic products at more reasonable prices than anywhere else I've tried to shop. While I don't know how well they treat their employees, I haven't heard any negative reports, which is another reason I shop there rather than some other major store. The people are friendly but always busy; the store isn't as nice as Publix but the prices make a big difference to me. If you make a request for something they will do their best to meet it, although it seems like sometimes they have trouble meeting their supply needs. I recently ordered online for a store pickup, and it worked ok; that can be a huge boon to busy families. My main complaint is that they do have trouble with their distribution. In the past I've had meat that seemed to expire sooner than the due date, but that hasn't happened for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Got gas and two receipts, one for $150. Attendant said she doesn’t handle pump problems, customer service was too busy. Called credit card and they see two charges but I have to wait till changes get posted. So, from now until my card posts, people using that pump will have their credit info stollen. I’ll be sure to never use Kroger. NO customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Kroger has their troubles just like any business today. Kroger and most businesses today forget they need consumers to provide their revenue yet they treat the consumer so poorly that it seems they are trying to run them off. Several years ago, I purchased a Kroger 123 rewards prepaid visa card to use at times when I was hesitant to use my major credit card such as an online purchase for a movie or such. Last year, without notification from them, my card did not work and when I called them they said they had a breach but sent me a new card. Fifteen days ago, my card did not work but I knew I had just loaded $200 to it a couple of days prior. I called and was told they had a breach but their explanation sounded a little suspicious. I asked why I had not been notified and all I got was an "I don't know."

I requested a written explanation detailing the "alleged breach" but so far have received nothing. I was, however, told I would need to make a photocopy of my Ohio driver's license and fax it to them in Florida or I would never be able to use the funds on my card. I called Kroger Corporate and was informed by 'Asia' that Corporate was the entity that decided it was a good idea to tell a fraud victim to further the fraud by sending a photocopy of their identification card. This certainly paints an entirely new picture of the Kroger company. I sent a letter of complaint to Kroger Corporate and to their affiliate that runs their prepaid visa accounts. They gave me the address to Cardholder Services at P O Box 551617, Jacksonville, Florida 32255. I googled the address and the information connected to that address and that business is very disturbing.

Again, this paints a disturbing picture of the Kroger Company when they steer their consumers to such a disreputable company. Sometimes, the company we keep says a lot of who we are and now I know some of the criminal activity that Kroger engages in. Small claims court appears to be my only option. I hope the President/CEO of both Kroger and Cardholder Services enjoyed the meal they got with the $200 they stole from me.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I'm done shopping at Kroger. I'm 55 years old and they ask for my ID every time I purchase wine. Do not insult me, you know I'm older than 21. I can see asking for my ID if I was in my 20's or 30's, but 50's? Really? Also, Kroger executives encouraging for more gun control is the final straw that broke the camels back. I will shop at another store.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I've shopped at Kroger's for years in Michigan. Recently, I stopped buying meat from them. One of the main reasons is something that frustrates me and frankly makes me angry. Chuck roast is typically $3.99 to $4.99 a pound but when they get ready to do their buy one get one free Chuck roasts they Jack the price up to $7 a pound. It is grossly unfair to do this. That is not a true buy one get one free if you are basing that statement on average recent pricing prior to the promotion. I now get my Meats from Westborn Market, Value Center, Aldi's, and a meat market in Dearborn Heights. I buy the bulk of my produce from Randazzo's because their quality is just as good as Kroger's but their price is fractional.

Krogers, you're becoming a great disappointment to people who patronize your store. Neighbors in my area have recently discussed the fact that CEOs received a 9 million dollar raise but the employees who work at Kroger's that we have seen day in and day out for years and years and years received a badge or a button but did not receive raises.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

If you ever want to experience the "Twilight Zone" or go back in time by all means come to the Russell Springs, KY. Kroger store. The new Dollar Stores are twice as big as this. Upon entering turn left into the Produce Dept. & you will find shopping carts beating & banging & turning side ways because there is no room in the aisle. On to the bread aisle you will have to wait for others because only 1 cart at a time can go thru the aisle. The same goes for the packaged lunch meat in the Meat dept, only 1 cart at a time. It is like sitting in big city traffic during Rush Hour to get home. You're going to have to work for whatever you want before you ever buy it.

On to the "Sales Ad"....they do NOT carry everything that is in their ads. They do NOT carry all the the Deli cuts & Cheeses & Bakery items in their ads. AS a matter of fact they no longer carry Low Sodium meats except for their Low Sodium chicken. They do NOT carry all the fresh Meats & Seafood in their ads. I was told by a Meat dept. employee that ALL the meats are prepacked & trucked in except for a few of the steak cuts to save money. As a matter of fact they do NOT have a Seafood dept. The Pet Dept. supply is very dismal & they do NOT carry everything that is in the sales ad.

There are NO U-Scans in the store or Self Checkout. Too many times I have seen carts lined up in the aisles waiting to check out. Customers are muttering to each other about the long waits & Employees are complaining to the customers but nothing ever gets done. Seems everyone has been "DUPED" to shop there because of its location but I do NOT mind driving a few extra miles to get what I want to eat at Walmart. We only live once & have I no place for substitutions at my dinner table.

Kroger Company Information