2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Kroger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I like the Kroger brand, although, the store nearest me is usually understocked, old and poor management. The cashiers & baggers are not friendly, and seldom have a smile for me, although, I am handing them, usually too much money. Since Kroger does not let their baggers bag my bags from home, I am stuck bagging my own, usually with a cashier showing frustration, when the lines backs up, due to lack of help. Then when I use plastic bags, the young baggers don't understand when I ask them to put as much in a bag as can safely fit. I think they hear, put 1 item in each bag. Not sure what is wrong w/ these younger baggers, I think Kroger needs to put in place a training program on bagging.. Really!!! And smiling when cashiers are taking my hard earned money.

The products are good, but the pricing is getting a bit too high! They need to update some of their dated stores and modernize. Again, their products are usually very good, but some management needs to move on and let more knowledgeable people take over. Coupons are another issue.. I can bet every time I leave my Kroger, I have to return and get $ back for coupons that weren't applied via Online, or sale prices NOT applied. I am getting frustrated with that. Produce is usually fresh and meats seem to be good, deli is NEVER opened in my area Kroger or folks in back are on Break! I have started shopping elsewhere due to poor management at my area Kroger!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I find that Kroger carries many plant-based alternatives which is very important to me. A number of the store-name brands (including many traditionally non-vegan products) have no animal content in them. Other Kroger-owned brands such as Private Selection and Simple Truth also give many, many high-quality plant-based alternatives to meat, many of which are also organic.

I also like the fresh produce sections. I find whatever I need almost always. Fresh veggies/fruits are affordable, and have good shelf-life. In comparison to other brands, I find that Kroger is probably second only to Trader Joes for options, but many Kroger stores (such as Fred Meyer, Payless) costs much lesser Trader Joes. But I prefer TJ over QFC, if I'm willing to spend more money. My complaint about Kroger is that I've never found good Indian groceries. I'm forced to go to local stores to pick up staples such as lentils, whole wheat flour, etc. Kroger is expensive for modest Indian grocery shopping.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

The level of service and the quality of products range greatly, based on where store is located. From my home address, I can access three different Kroger's. Two are Market Fresh stores. Availability of my typical items varies. Don't know if it's the stocking date/time(s) that cause me frustration when shopping. They have also gone away from offering "free" sample items if you are a Kroger Plus participant. Two of the stores have started providing the 'salad' bar; with everything COVID, not sure if that was a good idea. They were probably pressured into it, because of the customers they serve. Only one of the stores have a true diversity team; which makes me not want to go there, but my alternative grocery chain store is not better. Kroger used to be the best place to go to find great fresh vegetables and great prices.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have been going to Krogers for the last 40+ years and they have kept expanding the products available especially the prepared foods and fresh meats cut your way, not just pre-packaged. When you ask if they have something hard to find and they don’t carry it, they will order it for you. Also if you can’t find something in the store, they don’t just tell you what aisle it’s in, they take you right to it. Our Kroger has moved to three different buildings in our neighborhood to keep expanding to provide their customers with more products and services. They have also hired many employees over those years that have some mental or physical problems that are wonderful, great people and for that alone, I love Krogers. Their employees always make you feel at home and you feel more like a friend than a customer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Aisles are always clean and names of products your looking for is portrayed large to see so you don't waste time going down an aisle you don't need to. Fruits and vegetables are fresh, washed and not spoiled at the bottoms. Prices are great, look at ad every week because there are different sales going on each week. Make your list for each week and save. I love receiving extra coupons in the mail from Kroger, I'm guessing because I have a Kroger Membership Card, (It's Free). Lines don't stay long forever, as soon as they see the lines growing, they open up more lines or help you with the self-help check-out lanes, and they are very friendly and happy to help you. Choices of food is available, if not ask a manager in the department and they will order it. I love Kroger.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

At least two out of three times shopping at Kroger's the price of items on sale are charged at the full price at the register when checking out. I recently went to the store on Hwy 105, and was told by the manager they were not honoring the weekly ad due to inventory shortages. The items were on display with a price more than double the weekly ad price. Does anyone else pay attention to the price when checking out? If you do not, you have been warned...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Horrific smell, rotten produce, rotting meats, deli has flies all over everything, dirtiest store I have ever seen or smelled. NEVER AGAIN! (pukes) Most expensive prices I have ever seen. Even if it's the only store in your area you will be better off ANYWHERE else.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Since 12/12/2020 Kroger was applying delivery tips without my knowledge...never received an email letting me know they were doing this. They were like "well, sorry you didn't know"...really?! Don't go!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Bought an Amazon gift card from a Smith's in St. George Utah. When my son tried to use it Amazon stated it was already used. Contacted Amazon and they told me I had to get with the store where I bought it. Called Smith's (Kroger) and after 5 weeks and several phone calls and emails they said there was nothing they could do. I will never step foot in a Smith's or any of Kroger stores ever again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Kroger is nothing more than a racist company that appeases to people who have never had to endure the pain or agony of slavery or segregation, while treating ** who never had any part of slavery or segregation like crap! Be careful what you wish for, Arbor place mall started this racism a few years ago, making ** feel unwanted, changing all dummies to **, I was actually threatened by a kiosk worker for accidentally walking on wrong side of her kiosk in middle of mall, security which I called was literally laughing and talking sexual to her as she leaned on his arm, I walked out, joined the rest of my family and friends who will not go there anymore due to being discriminated against for being born **. Go check out Arbor place now!

I just left Kroger and will never go back. I have pretty much stopped shopping there since they put all their cartoon characters saying “fresh for everyone” but not one ** person. After complaints they added a elderly ** lady and a man with pot belly showing, I have been a loyal customer for Kroger since my first baby of 4 who is now 35 years old, My bill was never less than $100 until they started this ** bashing, I went in today only for waters and chose to get a few items, I used to always buy the deli baked chicken meals, I waited in front of hot counter while the lady behind the counter was slicing meat for a man.

I was just about to give up after patiently waiting over 10 minutes when a male employee walked up, put on gloves as if he was about to help me, just about that time a ** lady walked up to the cold side, the employee told me, "She will be right with you," pointing at the lady finishing up slicing meat and he goes to the ** lady and says can I help you. It was so obvious and sickening. I’ve never had a racist bone in my body. We don’t get to choose our race OR gender and I will not be treated like crap because I was born **.

My neighbor is elderly and asked me why is it every time I get to checkout the item rings up more and the cashier tells me the sign was only IF you had digital coupon, elderly people are not tech savvy and as she said, I already have to keep a Kroger card just to get the regular price and now I have to get digital coupons just to get the same price others do, She also said she saw a cashier take a ** lady's phone in front of her and do the coupon for her but never offers to help her.

Publix has the right price. No card needed, They don’t treat you bad because you're **, they really aren’t any more expensive than Kroger, I’ve learned what is pricey there and go to Ingles for those items and their bogos are great. You don’t have to get 2. You can get one for half price, the meats last 3 days in the fridge versus any meat you get at Kroger needs to cooked that day or froze, especially the chicken and never buy chicken on sale!! Always stinks.

Last time I bought Perdue on sale there I got home, smelled disgusting. Took it back, rude lady at Customer service told me she could not exchange it without receipt which I had thrown away when I unloaded my groceries, claimed because they don’t refund anything over 30 days, Seriously! Who would take meat back 30 days later, I pointed out, this is fresh meat, or was supposed to be so it has a date on it and no way it was bought 30 days ago, I could have went home, dug through my trash and found receipt but I had already started dinner before opening meat and bout gagged from the smell, so I left it sitting on her counter and left, stopped at Publix and got fresh chicken. I’m fortunate enough to live a mile from both Publix and Kroger, I’ve never bought meat there again and after today I’ll never step foot in this racist establishment again!!

Kroger Company Information