Kroger

Compare Grocery Stores

Research top Grocery Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Always low stock, many times to the point of empty shelves. Not enough cashiers and too many self checkout lanes. Can't keep up with the increase of customers due to the closing of another local store. Everyone in the neighborhood is complaining and beginning to drive longer distances for a better shopping experience.

Kroger 10010 Cypresswood Dr, Houston, TX - I have been a Kroger shopper for a long time and for the most part have had good experiences with the stores. The Cypresswood store near 249 is not like the others. The cashiers treat you like they want to make you pay more than the price. If you have a coupon they will do anything they can to not honor it even if everything is correct. I just hate having coupons at this locations because the management has told all employees to make people feel uncomfortable when we have any coupons. I work hard and like to save when I can and I know the coupons are a part of the grocery business but this store thinks otherwise. Needs new management.

Sending an email to Kroger CustomerService@kroger.com is like spitting in the ocean. The folks who respond must be employees of some telephone call center rather than being employees of Kroger. In the past two weeks, I have sent two emails asking questions which should have had easy answers if the person who responded was a Kroger employee. Instead I have received plain vanilla answers which relayed absolutely no information. Love their store, but hate their online customer service. Maybe I should change stores!!!

I gathered these photos today from social media and have to say that I personally have complained to store managers for several months now and have gotten no response, now it has hit social media and the Marion County health department has been notified by myself and I'm sure many others now that social media has it listed, you people are paid a very large sum of y to keep this store open in this poor neighborhood so do you think you could have enough respect to spend some f them funds to clean it up and try to respect the clean neighbors that live in this area, this is ridiculous.

I bought a $50 T-Mobile phone card at the 530 E. Stroop Rd. Kroger on 5/1/17. When I tried to activate it, I was told the pin# on the back of the card was invalid. I complained to the customer service # several times and the store where I bought it, and they were told by T-Mobile the same thing. I was told by customer service reps. that Kroger had to get the money back from T-Mobile before I could get my money back. I purchased it in good faith at Kroger, and they did not live up to a reasonable expectation that the T-Mobile phone card would work.

I had to buy another T-Mobile card from CVS, which I was able to activate. However, I still have not received my $ back from Kroger. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and Kroger gave me the runaround, saying that the customer service # takes care of those issues (eventhough I sent the complaint to the corporate office in Cincinnati). I will not shop there ever again, and I tell everyone I know about their terrible business practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Went to Kroger today, ground beef sign said $5.99 so I pick up a package, no prices on package, no prices on any of meat. I go to check out, tell cashier no prices on meat, she says "the law says we don't have to put prices on it anymore". The meat rings up $7.99. I buy it anyways because I'm making dinner for my grandkids. I do not shop at Kroger usually, this is why I do not. Thumbs down on Krogers.

Kroger is discontinuing the discount for Srs. as of today. Said they are lowering their prices. I must be buying the wrong things as the items I usually buy have gone up in the last 2 weeks. The apple juice I never paid more than 1.19 for without coupon is now 1.49. The crackers I buy every week went from 1.00 box to 1.49; the napkins I always buy went from 79 cents to 89 cents. Also the applesauce Kroger brand Chunky went up and is no longer considered chunky. Will not buy the p-s-s-t products, they are terrible. Two weeks I purchased bag oranges and inside the package two or three were moldy. Bananas are either green or soft. Potatoes I purchased inside had bad spots. Lettuce was not up to par either. I keep throwing things out or paying more for items I usually purchase every week.

I have shopped at Kroger located at hospital road in Douglasville Ga. for 5 years. It is located in a low-income area of town. I have had to stop buying produce there because it's always substandard or just plain rotten. Most of it has been frozen, thawed, refrozen and then re-thawed again. I had a cantaloupe which was sour when I tasted it along with bad salad greens and cherry tomatoes that tasted old and waxy. My pics are of apples. I just cut and smelled rotten not just air getting to them. I couldn't finish my recipe for chicken salad due to this mess! I had to go to Public.

I went to the local Kroger gas station to purchase a pack of cigarettes. The attendant was a young girl who was more interested in her video game than doing her job. I specifically, distinctly told her the brand name of the cigarettes I wanted to purchase. She then stupidly looks at me and says a completely different brand name. I pointed to the right ones on the shelf and she said, "We don't have any." Seriously sick and tired of impudent, immature and juvenile employees that deliberately mess with customers. It's a disgrace and no way to do business. Kroger is a disgrace to the business community and certainly do not deserve my business.

It's 6 weeks past Easter and they are trying to sell their Easter candy for just about full price. Walmart and Walgreens and CVS sell their leftover candy for 90 percent off 1 week after Easter. So I and all my church members are going to ban Kroger.

3 out of 5 times I go to Kroger there is a problem with my receipt. I have to watch every swipe of the scanner. Posted prices scan differently. The mix and match deals are a joke. All it does is confuse the customer into buying more and tripping them up to keep track of how many items they HAVE to buy to get the deal. "Oh sorry, those are not the mix and match size." or "They're not included in that group they're full price." Who buys 6 ice creams or 6 bags of chips unless you have a family of 12? I see no advantage to the customer. People are busy and distracted and don't watch closely enough while errors go unnoticed (to the favor of the store.) Just put some items on special and forget the games. I go to the Kroger in Ottawa IL, The store is dirty and old and for the past 4 years understaffed. The people who do work there are friendly and helpful. I have been shopping 38 miles away to get a better selection and price on all items.

Checking out at Kroger this morning, there were two cashiers. Both busy with customers; however, one did not have a light on. This normally means that the cashier is closing. I proceeded to row up in the line of the other cashier. One woman was ahead of me waiting. Another woman comes up with a buggy and the guy in the closed lane offers to take her next. No! If the cashier was staying open and taking another customer, he should have taken the woman ahead of me; she had been waiting much longer. I voiced my opinion out loud. The cashier-guy proceeds to say that his Manager says, "just to take any customer, it doesn't have to be the next in line." Where is customer service? Where is a HEB?

I purchased $30 worth of gasoline at a Kroger station and they put a $150 credit hold on my American Express Card. First of all, this is an outrageous amount. Secondly, it does nothing to protect them since it is a credit card and if the card was no good, stolen or maxed out they couldn't get anything anyway. They said that it would go away in a day or two. Total BS policy. They kept me on hold for 20 minutes and basically said... too bad. There is no justification for holding this amount on a credit card. Understandable if it were an ATM card or debit card but this was a credit card.

We moved to this area (8 mile/Farmington) a few years ago. I frequented Kroger in the past and was excited that this one was near my new location. Wow was I disappointed (and continue to be)! It is a filthy store esp. the entry. There are few or no carts available as you enter. The produce is not replenished in a timely fashion. The employees have been rude at times. On one visit, the manager was unaware of the product line (Boar's Head) I inquired about. I periodically return to that location but always leave unhappy. As a result I shop at Busch's now. I would love to see improvements made at the Livonia Kroger!

Unless you're wishing to win a gift card or wanting extra fuel reward points, filling out a Kroger Customer Satisfaction Survey, especially if you've experienced a problem and either couldn't find anyone to rectify it or didn't have time to find someone, the survey is worthless if you are looking for any kind of results. You may or may not get contacted and if you do it is someone at store level and will listen and apologize profusely. Next time you go into the store, the same issues occur... Out-of-stocks, lousy produce, sale items out in meat departments, bakery items stale (they must bake artisan breads at night... just not fresh and crust as they should be), etc. etc. So after a while, you just use Kroger for a convenience store if that. Wegmans is a bit further and Costco is before Wegmans and I started using both and what a difference!! That's been my experience with Kroger in their Charlottesville, VA stores.

Very disappointed with the Kroger On Western Avenue. Each time I come in to shop with my son & granddaughter the meat department is never stocked with fresh meat. Same with the frozen food section Stouffer's Frozen Family Dinners. It's the same look each time I open up the frozen food section and it's nothing to choose from. I became very frustrated Wednesday. Nothing was stocked good. The seafood shop smelled fish odor. I wanted to scream my son. He got mad because I didn't get much. Because it's not good in the meat department. Kroger on Bridge Street is well stocked even with Pot Pies. This Kroger is disappointing. Western Avenue.

Kroger does not have instant check verification abilities. Bought a single gift card for my company client and had to pay out of pocket because of Kroger refused to take a check for an account that has more than enough money. The attitude I received was like I was trying to steal. Kroger made no effort for any type of customer service to correct this behavior or the inconvenience caused by their lack of service.

This is all because my bank debit card has been delayed. It had to be reissued due to believed fraudulent activity. I wrote the company check to reimburse myself and carry that to the bank. Asked Kroger to help by cashing my company check payable to myself. Keep in mind I had my state ID. Kroger tried to charge me $3 for their poor service. Bye Kroger. You just lost a 30 year loyal customer.

I decided to purchase a prepared Easter dinner this year just to save myself some work. There were only going to be 4-6 of us so I didn't want to make a big mess. I ordered the roast turkey meal with cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy, a dozen rolls and pumpkin pie. I said I would pick it up around 2:00 Saturday afternoon. I got to Kroger at the appointed time and had no trouble getting the dinner. I decided to look in the box and found I had Hawaiian rolls instead of the wheat rolls I had ordered but that was OK. Everything else looked alright. When I got outside I remembered I should have a pie and I hadn't see one. I had to go back inside and ask for my pie. I was surprised to see that the sides were just frozen items I could have picked up myself but I was still satisfied except was shaking my head over lack of quality control.

When I got home, I unpacked everything and found the turkey was still half frozen!! I got up early Sunday morning to get the turkey in the oven to defrost it and get it heated up. It still had the plastic thingie that goes inside the turkey and holds the legs together. Since it was half frozen, the plastic wouldn't come out. I put the turkey in the oven and after about 30 minutes I was able to pull out the plastic. In the process, a mess of turkey innards started coming out. All of you cooks out there know that you clean out the inside of a chicken or a turkey before you cook it. There are always bit of guts and veins and other yuck stuck to the inside that you don't want in there. This bird still had all of that yuck. I am going to have to clean it out after I cut it open. I can't serve that to my family!!

While I appreciate the convenience of having a ready made dinner, I will never order from Kroger again. Luby's would have been a MUCH better choice. Ready-to-eat turkey, fresh homemade sides, home baked rolls, etc. I didn't order from there because I don't like their gravy. Next year I will get Luby's and make my own gravy. Kroger was such a disappointment. I have always liked Kroger - and still do but just for grocery shopping. Just don't ask them to do anything special for you.

While I eating my lunch this afternoon I found a chocolate wrapper tucked inside the salmon. While I understand the pollution in the sea, you would think Kroger would do its best to buy seafood from some who sells premium meat. I think this is dangerous since I was almost about to put it in my mouth. I hope Kroger takes effective action and measures to prevent this in the future.

I bought a rib eye steak at Kroger and paid top dollar. I cooked it properly and it was too tough to eat. I have bought and cooked hundreds of ribeyes from a different store and have NEVER had this experience before. When I complained to Kroger TWICE, they did not respond to me.

I took my information and requested a transfer from another pharmacy, due to insurance reasons, to Kroger pharmacy in Carrollton, Ga at 11 am on Friday morning. They said “It should take a couple of hours but we will call you when it is ready.” I waited until 3 pm on Saturday and still had not heard from them. I have things to do also. I went to either get my medicine or my paperwork. They did not enter my insurance correctly in the computer, only filled one of my prescriptions and filled it wrong, and then wanted to know if I wanted to wait while they corrected it. I told them to just give me my info and prescriptions back. They refused. I would give them a 0 if I could. Horrible customer service.

I was excited to go to work for Kroger earlier this month. The first week I worked 34 hours, when I got my check I was paid for 26 hours. At that point I quit. As I was making minimum wage, being shorted a whole 8 hours brought me well below minimum wage. I still had one more check to collect for 24 hours I had worked the second week. My second check was for 16 hours, a short a full 8 hours again. I guess Kroger keeps prices low by cheating employees.

At times I have gone to the window and the reps just keep doing whatever they are doing and don't say anything. Nevertheless, the store is close to my house and I don't have too many scripts to fill so that makes it great for me. Furthermore, I love the rewards program being applied to prescriptions so that's also a plus. If I had a lot of prescriptions then I might use the mail in Rx program I have because that does save more money than I get with the rewards from the store.

I went to Turkey Hill gas station on Clime Rd, Columbus OH to do air. The air pump out of order. I called for help. The manager in office chilling with other staff. Nobody cares. It was 1 cashier. People there no one greet them or ask if they need help. The manager with staff have coffee break in office for hours. The manager refuse to help me and refund my money. I got only a dollar after argue with cashier. I won't never go back there. Bad service. The store number 717.

High disappointed in the 3300 E Broad St, Mansfield, TX 76063 location. I did the online grocery order due to me being sick on 1/11/2017. Pick was for 1/12/2017 between 6-7 PM. Still not feeling good on my pick up day but as a mom of 2 I needed stuff for my kids lunch and dinner. I receive a phone call at 5:35 saying that no one could complete my order and I could come after 5 PM 1/13/2017. A day that is convenient for who because it isn't for me and you had well over enough time to get my order ready.

Now what am I to do about dinner for my family and school lunch? Remind you I am under the weather. Kroger is my store of choice, however I have never had this issue with WalMart and had I known you guys couldn't live up to a service you offer, I could have used WalMart. I have worked all day and I just want to get dinner for my family going and lunch and relax but no. Now I have to physically go into a store and pick all this stuff out all over again. I AM HIGHLY PISSED AT YOUR SERVICE AND I WILL BE LETTING SOCIAL MEDIA KNOW ABOUT THIS! And to top things off this is showing up as a successful pickup and it wasn't! I never got the order! To this day I have emailed and emailed and posted on social media and received no response from anyone!!

Kroger has a convenient pickup window. Usually have my meds on a timely basis, but the pickup is at times very slow. Otherwise, I don't have many complaints. You get rewarded with points to use to obtain lower gas prices at their tanks.

They have the best staff ever from the techs to the pharmacist on duty! This store will take the time to make sure your insurance is correct too and if you ever need extra to hold you over they will accommodate. Everyone always help with a smile!

Spent way longer time than I normally would shopping, making sure the items I had matched the app coupons I had, only to be denied stating they do not accept app coupons if it's not from Kroger themselves. Why have app coupons and not provide the service or tell the app services you do not participate in app coupons. Very disappointed.

I thought Kroger was in business for their customers??? I just heard that Kroger is removing all banks from their stores in their Pick n Save stores in Wisconsin??? I have been shopping at Kroger for over 60 years in the states of Michigan-Indiana-Ohio and always was able to find one that had a bank in them. Please can someone tell me why they are taking banks out of their stores in Wisconsin.

The pharmacists are very knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely caring. Prices are as good or better than other pharmacies and they are willing to price check competitors to be sure you get the lowest price. My Kroger pharmacy really does go out of their way to be helpful and do everything they can to help me as a patient.

Kroger Company Profile