2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Kroger Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

All the employees are ok, some are better than others. I don't like how they remodeled the store, harder to find things. The only thing that really bothers me is the checkout. While waiting in line the cashier and customers being served love having conversations, ones that when they are checked out, continue with the cashier sometimes ignoring us until they're done. I love the self checkouts because I get out faster, however I wish they would be set on a cashier scan mode where there is no pause after each item. Staff is generally friendly and try to help when asked.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The staff at the stores in the Greenwood, IN area are tops! Whenever I need assistance, I can usually find someone in the particular department to bring my requests to! Recently, when I couldn't find a specific cut of meat in the case, someone CHEERFULLY went to the back to bring some out for me! Just yesterday I had some difficulty locating an item in the refrigerated section, and one of the personal shoppers led me right to it! Kroger corporate should be congratulated on their hiring process and on the caliber of people they employ. People on their corporate customer service have been very helpful, too. Occasionally I've reported issues with Kroger brand product quality and they have been cordial and appropriately responsive to the reports.

There are some areas in which Kroger corporate could (and perhaps should) improve. People who bag groceries need better training. It's been more than a few times that I've had to call and report problems with how things have been packaged. Even when we do our best to sort items as we load them on the check lane, baggers often mindlessly shove things willy-nilly into those cheap plastic bags--things like canned goods that become dented by the time you get the groceries home. And speaking of those cheap plastic bags, we had several rip lately, spilling the contents. Thank God, when that happened most recently there was no broken glass as the result. No business is perfect, but Kroger gets a 5-star shout-out for giving good customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My Kroger store is very nice. It's a very reliable place to shop. Kroger's have friendly employees and always standing out to help their customers the best way they can. They have a variety of groceries in stock at all times. Helping handicap people the best way they can. Making sure that they are comfortable while shopping at the store. The parking lot is very big so everyone have a place to park.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like that store. It was the only store in Wake County NC that was worth going to. The sales were great and the line of product were better that the other stores in this area who charge 5x more for the same things or things that were not even as good. Besides, I hate Harris Teeter, Publix and Lowe’s. They are rip off, high cost stores with less quality. I miss Kroger’s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Kroger most of the time because it's very convenient and it has a wide range of organic products at more reasonable prices than anywhere else I've tried to shop. While I don't know how well they treat their employees, I haven't heard any negative reports, which is another reason I shop there rather than some other major store. The people are friendly but always busy; the store isn't as nice as Publix but the prices make a big difference to me. If you make a request for something they will do their best to meet it, although it seems like sometimes they have trouble meeting their supply needs. I recently ordered online for a store pickup, and it worked ok; that can be a huge boon to busy families. My main complaint is that they do have trouble with their distribution. In the past I've had meat that seemed to expire sooner than the due date, but that hasn't happened for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

At the self checkout kiosks, the machines provide a voice guide through the checkout process. However when the bagging scale doesn’t detect the weight soon enough, that business-like voice from the machine will turn into a demanding, curt, louder tone immediately. The delay in weighing that the machine blames on you may come from items that are too light, from additional time you take to peel plastic bags that stick together, or from time you take to organize contents in the bag. The voice has no mercy and keeps repeating loudly for anyone around you to hear. It automatically treats you as an attempted shoplifter scoundrel that needs to beg Kroger for food. Try it next time if you bother to shop there and see how much time the machines give you before they judge you.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

For the 3rd time, items that I paid for were not placed in my cart. If cashiers and baggers would focus on their work instead of the non stop conversations they have while checking someone out, customers might actually get what they pay for. Of course when you call, the manager puts you on hold and then states nothing was left behind. I hope the next person in line enjoyed my cold cuts and wings.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

SO excited to use Kroger Ship,now available in my small mountain town. Went to site to use Kroger Xmas gift card. Site is not as easy to use as others and they DON'T ACCEPT GIFT CARDS! Shame on Them!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I placed an order for pickup. Before placing the order I called the store to make sure they have enough of what I was ordering. I ordered donut shop coffee (6) boxes. A flavor that most stores never have. I was told the night before that they had them in the back and I could order them. I placed my order the night before. I went to pick up at 10am. The wait time was an hour. I ended up walking into customer service because of how long I was waiting. I was told I had to go back and wait again which was another 30 mins. When I got my order for just the 6 coffee boxes they were a substitute for a different flavor. When I asked the worker about checking to see if any boxes were in the back like I was told the night before he said that has nothing to do with me. I’ve called that same store a few times about the coffee and have been told they are in stock. Just not on the floor.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

The grayson highway location is THE most inconsistent Kroger EVER...the general mgr AND the deli mgr should both be fired...Hands down their rotisserie chicken salad is THE best when made right but this location consistently can only get it right about 60% of the time...Now for a baseball player thats one great batting average but for a restaurant or supermarket that is pathetic...Consistently it's missing the red grapes which is the MAIN taste or it's too dry or the chicken is even diced or cut up or theres no seasoning to it...Ive been to several other krogers but this location sucks...Ive already started going to publix again because they CARE about their customers so PRESIDENT of kroger beware of publix because they will take you down and instead of counting your yearly bonus take more heart in the company you are supposed to run cuz if you arent doing your job then who else IS????

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kroger Company Information