3.95/5

849 Kroger Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

All the employees are ok, some are better than others. I don't like how they remodeled the store, harder to find things. The only thing that really bothers me is the checkout. While waiting in line the cashier and customers being served love having conversations, ones that when they are checked out, continue with the cashier sometimes ignoring us until they're done. I love the self checkouts because I get out faster, however I wish they would be set on a cashier scan mode where there is no pause after each item. Staff is generally friendly and try to help when asked.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The staff at the stores in the Greenwood, IN area are tops! Whenever I need assistance, I can usually find someone in the particular department to bring my requests to! Recently, when I couldn't find a specific cut of meat in the case, someone CHEERFULLY went to the back to bring some out for me! Just yesterday I had some difficulty locating an item in the refrigerated section, and one of the personal shoppers led me right to it! Kroger corporate should be congratulated on their hiring process and on the caliber of people they employ. People on their corporate customer service have been very helpful, too. Occasionally I've reported issues with Kroger brand product quality and they have been cordial and appropriately responsive to the reports.

There are some areas in which Kroger corporate could (and perhaps should) improve. People who bag groceries need better training. It's been more than a few times that I've had to call and report problems with how things have been packaged. Even when we do our best to sort items as we load them on the check lane, baggers often mindlessly shove things willy-nilly into those cheap plastic bags--things like canned goods that become dented by the time you get the groceries home. And speaking of those cheap plastic bags, we had several rip lately, spilling the contents. Thank God, when that happened most recently there was no broken glass as the result. No business is perfect, but Kroger gets a 5-star shout-out for giving good customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My Kroger store is very nice. It's a very reliable place to shop. Kroger's have friendly employees and always standing out to help their customers the best way they can. They have a variety of groceries in stock at all times. Helping handicap people the best way they can. Making sure that they are comfortable while shopping at the store. The parking lot is very big so everyone have a place to park.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like that store. It was the only store in Wake County NC that was worth going to. The sales were great and the line of product were better that the other stores in this area who charge 5x more for the same things or things that were not even as good. Besides, I hate Harris Teeter, Publix and Lowe’s. They are rip off, high cost stores with less quality. I miss Kroger’s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Kroger most of the time because it's very convenient and it has a wide range of organic products at more reasonable prices than anywhere else I've tried to shop. While I don't know how well they treat their employees, I haven't heard any negative reports, which is another reason I shop there rather than some other major store. The people are friendly but always busy; the store isn't as nice as Publix but the prices make a big difference to me. If you make a request for something they will do their best to meet it, although it seems like sometimes they have trouble meeting their supply needs. I recently ordered online for a store pickup, and it worked ok; that can be a huge boon to busy families. My main complaint is that they do have trouble with their distribution. In the past I've had meat that seemed to expire sooner than the due date, but that hasn't happened for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I decided to use the Click list feature today from Kroger for the very first time today. I placed my order online and scheduled the first available pickup time which was 5 to 6 pm. At 4:34 pm I was told that it would not be ready until 7. That was fine so I went to town to do a couple of things and then was called again be told my order would not be ready to pick up until tomorrow because, "We're too busy." This is a Sunday and I have to work Monday through Friday and do not get home until 7. This is the weekend before school starts. Again what kind of manager does not schedule enough employees to handle it being busy. Of course it’s gonna be busy.

So I called back to talk to a manager to cancel and she did not apologize at all only said, "I can’t do that. Click list has to do that." So she cancelled it and a, "Yeah sorry 'bout that." So now since I waited all day for my order I have to now go to the store at night by myself to go grocery shopping. It is unsettling so I called to let Kroger know what incompetent employees they have at this store and that nobody should be treated this way. If a company cannot even be counted on to be there for their customers then what are they good for? I spend 1200 a month at this Kroger and this is how they treat their customers. At least the corporate office was nice enough to give me a credit to use. But I am a petite woman and shopping by myself at night is not safe and I shouldn’t have to do this. They need better customer care.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I placed an order for delivery with Kroger. Instacart is the company scheduled to deliver my groceries. Delivery was scheduled for 11am. At 2pm today I called my local Kroger store where an associate was very rude. I then spoke with her manager, he spoke to me in ghetto slang and broken English. Very unprofessional. He told me “it ain’t my problem after it leaves tha sto”. Ok, so I call Instacart to see where my groceries are and they place me on hold momentarily and return to tell me my groceries were taken back to Kroger’s. I call back to Kroger’s and the same associate that was awful to me told me “it’s gonna be the same answer every time I call”. So since I placed my order through Kroger, Instacart can’t do anything. And I will take my 180$ loss and never ever step foot in that place again. Bizarre how Kroger’s thinks I’m non-deserving of any legitimate explanation in proper English but congrats Kroger you lost a customer today!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Tried to place an order for curbside pickup. It told me it could not place the order. But still charged me twice for the order....I was on the phone for 30 minutes just for the lady to tell me she can't help me and transfer me to another department where apparently the person I need to talk to was on break, and I would receive a call back depending on his break time of 15 to 35 minutes. We're going on over an hour now and no call back.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have shopped Kroger my whole life, used Clicklist, and even used the delivery before with no problems, but when we finally had a problem, Kroger has handled it so poorly we are seriously thinking about never even shopping there again. On 6/28 we ordered groceries from the Sunbury, Ohio store to be delivered to our campground. We had done this several times before, and they always texted "so-and-so is shopping", and when they left the store, then the delivery driver called when they were close. This time, no calls no texts.

Finally my wife called the store and the manager said "the driver just got back, your groceries are here, you never answered your phone". Neither of us had received a single call or text. Since our groceries were still gathered we asked them to be delivered. They refused. "That order is cancelled, you have to re-order". My wife did, they were delivered, and we were billed for BOTH. We have emailed, called, and stopped in the store in person. No one wants to help, they just want to shuttle you off to a different phone number. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I am not a fan of Kroger delivery using Instacart. Each time I ordered for delivery I had issues with product selection for substitutions saying out of stock when actually the shopper does not take the time to find the item, subs that don't make sense. Sometimes for click list orders they also say out of stock and I have parked the car, went inside and pulled the out of stock items and stood in line to get them. The service Kroger has would be so much better with additional training.

Kroger Company Information