2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

4.0/5 (1270 ratings)

About Kroger

Kroger Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I like the Kroger brand, although, the store nearest me is usually understocked, old and poor management. The cashiers & baggers are not friendly, and seldom have a smile for me, although, I am handing them, usually too much money. Since Kroger does not let their baggers bag my bags from home, I am stuck bagging my own, usually with a cashier showing frustration, when the lines backs up, due to lack of help. Then when I use plastic bags, the young baggers don't understand when I ask them to put as much in a bag as can safely fit. I think they hear, put 1 item in each bag. Not sure what is wrong w/ these younger baggers, I think Kroger needs to put in place a training program on bagging.. Really!!! And smiling when cashiers are taking my hard earned money.

The products are good, but the pricing is getting a bit too high! They need to update some of their dated stores and modernize. Again, their products are usually very good, but some management needs to move on and let more knowledgeable people take over. Coupons are another issue.. I can bet every time I leave my Kroger, I have to return and get $ back for coupons that weren't applied via Online, or sale prices NOT applied. I am getting frustrated with that. Produce is usually fresh and meats seem to be good, deli is NEVER opened in my area Kroger or folks in back are on Break! I have started shopping elsewhere due to poor management at my area Kroger!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I find that Kroger carries many plant-based alternatives which is very important to me. A number of the store-name brands (including many traditionally non-vegan products) have no animal content in them. Other Kroger-owned brands such as Private Selection and Simple Truth also give many, many high-quality plant-based alternatives to meat, many of which are also organic.

I also like the fresh produce sections. I find whatever I need almost always. Fresh veggies/fruits are affordable, and have good shelf-life. In comparison to other brands, I find that Kroger is probably second only to Trader Joes for options, but many Kroger stores (such as Fred Meyer, Payless) costs much lesser Trader Joes. But I prefer TJ over QFC, if I'm willing to spend more money. My complaint about Kroger is that I've never found good Indian groceries. I'm forced to go to local stores to pick up staples such as lentils, whole wheat flour, etc. Kroger is expensive for modest Indian grocery shopping.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

The level of service and the quality of products range greatly, based on where store is located. From my home address, I can access three different Kroger's. Two are Market Fresh stores. Availability of my typical items varies. Don't know if it's the stocking date/time(s) that cause me frustration when shopping. They have also gone away from offering "free" sample items if you are a Kroger Plus participant. Two of the stores have started providing the 'salad' bar; with everything COVID, not sure if that was a good idea. They were probably pressured into it, because of the customers they serve. Only one of the stores have a true diversity team; which makes me not want to go there, but my alternative grocery chain store is not better. Kroger used to be the best place to go to find great fresh vegetables and great prices.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have been going to Krogers for the last 40+ years and they have kept expanding the products available especially the prepared foods and fresh meats cut your way, not just pre-packaged. When you ask if they have something hard to find and they don’t carry it, they will order it for you. Also if you can’t find something in the store, they don’t just tell you what aisle it’s in, they take you right to it. Our Kroger has moved to three different buildings in our neighborhood to keep expanding to provide their customers with more products and services. They have also hired many employees over those years that have some mental or physical problems that are wonderful, great people and for that alone, I love Krogers. Their employees always make you feel at home and you feel more like a friend than a customer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Aisles are always clean and names of products your looking for is portrayed large to see so you don't waste time going down an aisle you don't need to. Fruits and vegetables are fresh, washed and not spoiled at the bottoms. Prices are great, look at ad every week because there are different sales going on each week. Make your list for each week and save. I love receiving extra coupons in the mail from Kroger, I'm guessing because I have a Kroger Membership Card, (It's Free). Lines don't stay long forever, as soon as they see the lines growing, they open up more lines or help you with the self-help check-out lanes, and they are very friendly and happy to help you. Choices of food is available, if not ask a manager in the department and they will order it. I love Kroger.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I ordered online 04/22/2021, they messed up the order and were supposed to refund me almost 30.00 and I still have not gotten it. I call and they hang up, they say each time that they have to reprocess it and now I have to wait another 10 business days which they will have had my money for over a month!!!! They are thieves!!!!

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have use Kroger delivery before even during this pandemic and never this bad. This food was missing that I ordered was that sent was sub. Even though I requested it not be. I really needed items not included that weren’t even tried to sub and what was was sub was more expensive than what I had ordered and why do were have to pay for delivery and tip too. Pay your employees a decent salary.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I have been satisfied with Walmart grocery pickup since its inception. However, after friends raved about Kroger grocery pickup, and since store closer to my home, I decided to give them a try. The very first grocery pickup, employee brought out 1/2 gallon Half and Half with an expiration date in three (3) days. That's lots of coffee in three days! So, thinking this may have been an oversight due to rushed work environment, I gave Kroger another try. This time, several products I ordered needed substitution. The products offered for substitution were of lesser value and lesser quality. Finally, one more try, just to give them every chance. The result was the same, substitutions of lesser value and quality and VERY limited use by dates. I'll stick with Walmart for the service and quality.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

At least two out of three times shopping at Kroger's the price of items on sale are charged at the full price at the register when checking out. I recently went to the store on Hwy 105, and was told by the manager they were not honoring the weekly ad due to inventory shortages. The items were on display with a price more than double the weekly ad price. Does anyone else pay attention to the price when checking out? If you do not, you have been warned...

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Horrific smell, rotten produce, rotting meats, deli has flies all over everything, dirtiest store I have ever seen or smelled. NEVER AGAIN! (pukes) Most expensive prices I have ever seen. Even if it's the only store in your area you will be better off ANYWHERE else.

Kroger Company Information