3.13/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

621 Kroger Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

So, I recently used the Kroger ClickList. There needs to be a way to connect the app, the coupons, and weekly advert together. I spent nearly 3 hours putting my list together as I had to go back and forth between the ad, my coupons in my app, and the ClickList. It was complicated and I may as well have just shopped in store. This would be a much better service if Kroger could combine everything and make it able to use from the Android app and also if it showed how much you'd be paying after coupons/advert savings.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Wish they would have a larger selection of cheese, although it's getting better, and more organic selections, although that's getting better as well. It's a good store, just not Trader Joe's!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

They are pretty good for vegan choices, but they have a long way to go, their seafood is always bad!!! I have tried salmon, halibut etc, just no good way to get seafood this far and sell it half way fresh and no! No GMO salmon from Canada.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Usually shop Walmart or Costco for brand name items but Kroger has good generic brands. They have a good bakery, and select Krogers have a sushi bar and cheese bars. Also, Kroger is usually competitive for gas prices.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I suggest many more unstingy free food samples like Costco. Appreciate the cleanliness and friendly atmosphere. The produce department is kept fresh and attractive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Clean. Good sales. Fresh fruit and vegetables, meats and cheeses. Good selection of gluten free products for wife. Enjoy shopping there. They could have a little cheaper every day. Lower prices but overall I would give them a 4 rating.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I've always enjoyed the store in overall. Everyone seems to be helpful, especially the pharmacy. Always answers my questions. Along with they really seem to care about the people who come through.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Awesome produce, dairy, floral, breads, cheeses, Kroger frozen, can foods are fabulous. Organics... cat, dog foods. I visit 3-4x a week... Coupons are saving me lots of money to buy more... toiletries etc. The employees nowhere in Johnson city are as pleasant and helpful... Love Kroger.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Kroger has a great selection of foods. However, they have the highest prices of any grocery store. If I did all my grocery shopping at Kroger I could expect to spend at least $25 or more per week than shopping at Walmart or Meijer.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

They take the extra mile to answer your questions and give me help with lifting. Have a bad shoulder and just there for me. Nice selection of meats and breads and love their brand of ice cream.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Kroger has good value, good products, good service, and the addition of more and more organic products is great. To be better, the store I use could have more diverse products. The selections are limited compared to other stores. I wish we had a Trader Joe's or Central Market in Denton.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

The Fred Meyer in Oregon which is a Kroger store has the best prices and great dairy selection. They have extremely helpful staff and they go out of their way to make sure everything is right for you.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I enjoy shopping at Kroger. They always have a wide selection of foods. Kroger always has what I'm looking for. Their store brand is the best value. Their produce is always fresh and ready to eat.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Kroger is a very Friendly Store that always looks clean and inviting. The customer service is excellent and there is always somebody available to help if you need it. The aisles are marked very well with Marking that people are able to read and can find the products they are looking for. This Store always has a variety of items to choose from that are good products. Their produce and meat products are always look good and fresh. Pricing is fair and have a lot on sale as well.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The thing I like the MOST about Kroger is the quality of Kroger's private brand. Kroger's "Private Selection" line of products offers tremendous quality at a low price. If it wasn't for the Private Selection line, I would go to WalMart or Aldi for my grocery shopping because they have better prices on the national brands but if you are willing to buy Kroger's Private Selection stuff shop here!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Have to travel 60 miles for Kroger in VA. The only grocery store is 12 miles is Food Lion unless we travel 30 miles to another town for Walmart where the check out not enough open counters at the first of the month and the check out lines are long. Clerks are in no hurry.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Kroger has great meat department. Their produce always look fresh. The people behind the deli are very nice and helpful, if you're not sure if you like something they will let you try it before you buy a product. All the workers are very polite and asks if you need help finding a product.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Fuel rewards are good but product selection could be better. Kroger is usually out of stock on sale brands. Produce is never worth buying either. Bakery items always stale too. Order two birthday cakes, two years in a row, both cakes were wrong.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I shop at king soopers because their produce is always high quality and has a great price. King Soopers has everything one would need under one clean and sparkling roof.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Overall the grocery store has good sale prices but not much difference on non-sale items. Their deli meat is usually fresh and tasty. But cleanliness really depends on each individual store.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I was so glad when the be Kroger opened up, I used to shop there when I lived in Ohio. When I moved here there was one and it closed, so upset. Anyway I love Kroger's store brand foods, the only place I could find the Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce. They have terrific sales and great produce as well as a complete cheese section and the Best fried chicken. Their cold are awesome as well.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I attempted to pick up Western Union funds from Kroger in Louisville, KY. I explained I was a member of the My WU Program where one is not required to fill out forms. The rep behind the desk, Mary, says, "You either fill out the forms or you don't get your money". I am disabled and have many challenges - unfortunately Kroger's customer service reps are worse off then we are yet they get paid to represent this store. Horrid ignorant customer service at the Village of Forest Springs Kroger. And it is a Village - Kroger is the village idiot.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Kroger has everything the grocery should have and it's very organized and clean. The prices are reasonable especially if you have the rewards card. The staff are friendly and helpful too.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things. Kroger now offers what they call Clicklist, which allows the customer to order groceries online, park in the back of the store at the date and time of the customer's choosing, and Kroger employees bring out your order and load the groceries in your car for you! Best thing ever! Shopping this way allows for substitution of out of stock items, and the option of no substitutions. If you're a browser, you may not love this. If you're like me and hate to grocery shop, it's the greatest invention ever!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Kroger keeps a wide variety of goods and merchandise. The prices are reasonably priced, they are of high quality and I love the fruit and vegetable aisle. Organic products high quality that are not expensive!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Produce is sub-par at almost every Kroger I go to. I feel their "store brand" is comparable to brand name products. I also like their "organic" and "healthy" options.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

When I was at the register my digital coupons that I added at Kroger.com did not deduct from my bill as usual. Every single week I go in a manager has to come over and manually add the digital coupons. The usual manager were not in at the time so Orlando at the North Beach Street Kroger came over and said it's not their fault. It's not on a store level and there's nothing he can do for me. I told him the other managers were able to and I asked if he was refusing to honor store coupons. I threatened to complain to corporate that didn't seem to bother him any. He finally agreed to add the coupons on as if he was doing me a favor and walked off. The lady bagging the groceries started to argue with me balled up her fist and threatened to attack me.

I thought this was very unusual since she had nothing to do with it. There must be some kind of relationship going on there. I called the manager back over because that bagger said that I was wrong on the amount of one item. Orlando came over again and told the bagger to walk away. She walked around in circles acting like she was holding off on attacking me if you can believe it. To make a very long story short I am still owed money for the items that weren't even a coupon that I was overcharged for because it's not in the computer system properly.

As I was walking off Orlando the manager at the time said, "Have a nice day." Sarcastic and rude. I told him I'm going to report this to corporate. This is unnecessary. He said, "Have a nice day." Rude again. I told him "why do you have to have the last word". He said, "Have a nice day" all rude. He must have said have a nice day 12 times and he finally said that he was going to call the police and have me removed from the store. All because he had to have the last word. That's just one experience. I constantly have to go back because of rotten meat, rotten bread, expired food and incorrect pricing on my receipt. Kroger I am done with you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We have a mega-Kroger here in Peachtree City. Unfortunately, the store is plagued with chronic ongoing problems that have caused me to shift most of my shopping to the local Public. Despite receiving "feedback" pertaining to their problems, all they do is reply with "cut and paste" apologies. This store is unkempt. Products are always "out of stock" and I am constantly told to come back later in the day or the next morning after their "truck arrives". Meat and fish is left out for sale despite being as much a 4 days past expiration. Management seems unable or uncaring to address problems and some of the "managers" are either surly or candidates for the "walking dead".

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Cashier was sucking on a sucker while scanning our groceries. We thought this was not very professional and did not reflect well on the store. She did not have much of personality as well, so probably better she found time to enjoy her sucker instead of showing a lack of emotion or concern. Did let the rep at the Customer Service desk know of this experience. Because of this one experience, did not feel the need to lower the response for Customer Service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The store is organized, food is fresh and everyone is helpful. Also, the gas points is very helpful and the meat is very fresh and good priced. I really love the frozen veggies. They are ten for ten dollars and sometimes less.

Kroger Company Information