3.99/5

839 Kroger Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

The staff at the stores in the Greenwood, IN area are tops! Whenever I need assistance, I can usually find someone in the particular department to bring my requests to! Recently, when I couldn't find a specific cut of meat in the case, someone CHEERFULLY went to the back to bring some out for me! Just yesterday I had some difficulty locating an item in the refrigerated section, and one of the personal shoppers led me right to it! Kroger corporate should be congratulated on their hiring process and on the caliber of people they employ. People on their corporate customer service have been very helpful, too. Occasionally I've reported issues with Kroger brand product quality and they have been cordial and appropriately responsive to the reports.

There are some areas in which Kroger corporate could (and perhaps should) improve. People who bag groceries need better training. It's been more than a few times that I've had to call and report problems with how things have been packaged. Even when we do our best to sort items as we load them on the check lane, baggers often mindlessly shove things willy-nilly into those cheap plastic bags--things like canned goods that become dented by the time you get the groceries home. And speaking of those cheap plastic bags, we had several rip lately, spilling the contents. Thank God, when that happened most recently there was no broken glass as the result. No business is perfect, but Kroger gets a 5-star shout-out for giving good customer service!

Original review: March 22, 2019

My Kroger store is very nice. It's a very reliable place to shop. Kroger's have friendly employees and always standing out to help their customers the best way they can. They have a variety of groceries in stock at all times. Helping handicap people the best way they can. Making sure that they are comfortable while shopping at the store. The parking lot is very big so everyone have a place to park.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I love the organic foods Kroger offers. I’m a real organics fanatic, and find Kroger has more options to choose from than most grocery stores. Pair that with the fact that they offer fuel points, so what more could a girl ask for. I don’t work for Kroger, have no relatives or friends working there, I just enjoy their food choices and my fuel discounts.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like that store. It was the only store in Wake County NC that was worth going to. The sales were great and the line of product were better that the other stores in this area who charge 5x more for the same things or things that were not even as good. Besides, I hate Harris Teeter, Publix and Lowe’s. They are rip off, high cost stores with less quality. I miss Kroger’s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Kroger most of the time because it's very convenient and it has a wide range of organic products at more reasonable prices than anywhere else I've tried to shop. While I don't know how well they treat their employees, I haven't heard any negative reports, which is another reason I shop there rather than some other major store. The people are friendly but always busy; the store isn't as nice as Publix but the prices make a big difference to me. If you make a request for something they will do their best to meet it, although it seems like sometimes they have trouble meeting their supply needs. I recently ordered online for a store pickup, and it worked ok; that can be a huge boon to busy families. My main complaint is that they do have trouble with their distribution. In the past I've had meat that seemed to expire sooner than the due date, but that hasn't happened for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: June 13, 2019

First, I want to start by saying, that I have used Kroger Clicklist, a.k.a. Pickup, multiple times and love the service and find that it is well worth the little extra one pays. I was expecting to have the same care and satisfaction using Kroger Delivery. Sadly, that was not the case. First off, they talk on their website about getting groceries delivered in 1 or 2 hours. When I went to check out they did not even have that option. I figured that they must be having an unusually high volume of deliveries, so I wasn't upset. So, I selected the quickest option available. However, the order did not arrive in the time slot I selected, but in the next one. This was mildly irritating, but not enough for me to leave a review. What really irritated me, is that I had ordered a 52oz Green Machine for 4.99 and they substituted it out for (2) 15oz Green Machines and charged me 5.37. So, I got nearly half the amount and was charged more for it.

They also substituted my Almond Milk for a more expensive one, it was supposed to be 2.50 and instead it was 3.19. When I've used clicklist, if they can't find the item, they find something as close as possible and always, always price match. I never get charged more. In addition, they didn't bring me a receipt, which apparently is standard, so now, in addition to having to return said items, I have to print out a receipt...with my non existent printer, and then exchange it myself. Lastly, they didn't go over any of the changes, just dropped off my groceries and left. Again, with clicklist, they go over everything and make sure I'm happy with the substitutions. Now, I realize that the delivery has different people than Clicklist, but they should have the same standard of care and, in fact, should have higher standards since they charge more. Regardless, I will not be using this service again.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I ordered a cake online from the Fremont Ohio Kroger's bakery. This is the third cake I have ordered. This last cake I ordered for one of my daughter's birthday and it was supposed to be 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate. They made the whole cake white. Was very disappointing. I let them know right away and I have had absolutely no response. Not even an apology. Guess they do not value my business. I did take a picture of the cake to verify that it was made wrong. I am ordering my other daughter's cake from Meijer. Can't believe not even an apology. Their customer service was one of the things I really liked about Kroger but it has deteriorated lately.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I shop in your store at least 2/3 times a week. After today don't think I will again. I get all my med fill at your pharmacy. Have for some years now. I got a couple of prescriptions filled and the pharmacist by the name of Joanna not sure what her last name is but the store is on Chamblee, Dunwoody Rd in Dunwoody, GA. She fill one of my prescriptions wrong. I took some of the med. Thank god I am still here. I called them when I realize it wasn't the right med. Not helpful at all on the phone. So I took the pills back into the store to show them.

A different pharmacist was on duty by the name of Stephanie which was so unprofessional and she showed no compassion for me or the situation. She claim she didn't know what the med was that they fill wrong. This whole experience was horrible and this story gets longer too much to explain in a review. I am going to give Kroger a chance to try and make good on this horrible situation if not I will be reaching out to my attorney.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I went to download my Kroger Card digital coupons because I have not noticed any coupon discounts lately when I shop at Kroger's. I went to my account and there was NO alternate ID number attached to my account anymore. I have not been able to use any of my coupons or get any Kroger Rewards credit. Why would they take away my number that I have used for years? I hope they respond quickly so we can get this resolved.. I would check your Kroger's Rewards Card account info from time to time just to make sure the same thing does not happen to you.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Have shopped at Kroger here in Hopkinsville for years but after tonight, 5-24-19, we will only stop in for a few necessities as a convenience to us or for a few fruits and vegetables. There were NO, absolutely NO checkout lanes open...only self-checkout and our order was a large cart full. It came to over $200 but with coupons, was reduced a bit. We requested the staff at self-checkout to do the order. They obliged though not very willingly. Manager said they did not have enough help and offered not much of an apology. We are not, nor have never been employees of a Kroger store, and thank goodness never will have to be. To have NO lanes open with a busy store on a Friday night is not acceptable. Sad to say after all this time, but Kroger will get little of our business again.

Original review: May 17, 2019

They are discriminating and dangerous! They are a part of the opioid epidemic! Refusing to fill LEGAL prescription from my doctor because, "we don't know him." Well they knew him enough 4 weeks ago. Isn't it illegal to discriminate FOR ANY REASON, but by zip code! That is the worst!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I didn't realize Kroger had hired me. I am now a Kroger cashier and bagger. Shopping at Kroger was at one time a pleasant experience, now they have made it the most frustrating part of my day. I will go out of my way to shop online or at another grocery store. Thank you Kroger for nothing.

Original review: May 6, 2019

My 8 yr daughter saved her allowance for a couple months so she could buy gift cards for her iPad. Minecraft and Roblox. The cards didn't work and Kroger refused to refund them. The game makers wouldn't help us either. Kinda feel like Kroger is responsible for defective product. Made a little girl very sad.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Besides the fact that the restrooms are always filthy and backing up today they had a major sewage backup bringing brown water out into the store, pharmacy and adjoining credit union. They should have closed the store but didn’t. Can you imagine raw sewage in a grocery store. They are aware they need to fix the pipes but don’t want to spend the money. I will never shop here again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

This company fails to take responsibility when their property damages their loyal customer’s property. One of their shopping carts rolled out of their parking lot into a major street and hit my wife’s truck while she was driving past the store. Kroger and their 3rd party claims company Sedgwick refused to take responsibility for the damage leaving us to eat the cost of the repairs. We will no longer give Kroger or any of its affiliates any of our business.

Original review: April 20, 2019

On 1/5/2019, I responded to an ad and joined the Kroger Rx savings club family plan for the price of $72/year. Unfortunately, I was not able to check prices without first joining. I found that the other family already had good prescription pricing and according to the information on the Kroger website, it was a simple task to change over to the individual plan for $36/year. So I downgraded expecting a $36 credit.

Since I had not received a credit on my account by 1/15/2019, I called and connected with Debbie after waiting on hold for 28 minutes. Debbie was courteous and indicated that a credit would be issued. She suggested that I call back the next day for verification. I could not get through to Kroger Rx on 1/16/2019, but was able to speak to a representative the next day and he indicated that a credit for $36 had been issued.

I checked my Chase Visa account on 1/18/2019 there was no $36 credit from Kroger. I filed a partial dispute for $36 with Chase bank, supplied documentation and they issued a credit for $36 to my account. On 4/3/2019, I received an email from Kroger indicating that my membership was cancelled. I called on 4/4/2019 and spoke to Debbie. Debbie indicated that my membership account had been closed and a refund credit of $36 for the individual membership would be issued. Debbie said that I could re-apply for a new membership. However, there was still no credit on my account. I am not interested in being charged another $36 for a membership that should not have been cancelled in the first place. It appears to me that Kroger waited beyond 60 days to cancel my membership and thereby prevented another dispute and chargeback.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Digital coupons not working or half working over and over again. Told cashier and they fixed them half the time. Last time walked off and left 138.00 in groceries on the check out counter due to coupons not working again. Some times they can look up the coupons and manually put them in, a 20 digit code to enter for each one. Today cashier refused to do it. Sent me to customer service who said cashier should have done it. Called 2 manager and digital coupons not fixed. 800 number told me to talk to the store. How much money are they making tricking America into thinking the coupons worked. I hope someone files a class action suit against them for dishonest advertising practices.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I purchased a $200 Amazon gift card at kiosk at Fred Meyer/Kroger store. It was in a heavy paper packaging that supposedly protected the claim code. Upon getting it home I found that the package had been opened the resealed and the claim code had been cut out. I immediately called both Kroger and Amazon to file a complaint. Both companies claim that they had no liability that the $200 went to someone else Amazon account.

Fred Meyer claims that they have their policy of "All gift Card sales are final; there are no refunds or exchanges. If your card is lost or stolen, damaged or destroyed it will not be replaced and the value remaining on the card is lost." is posted at all gift card kiosks. There is no policy posted anywhere at the Fred Meyer store in Hillsboro OR. When I talked to the store customer service they acknowledged that this happens fairly often. Fred Meyer/Kroger has to have some responsibility to keep the gift cards secure if they are going to enforce the all gift card sales are final.

I bought the card in good faith believing that I was getting the product I paid for. Fred Meyer/Kroger admitted that they knew there were problems with the credit cards but did nothing to prevent continued fraud. They do not have their policy posted and if customers knew that there was a good chance the gift card they were purchasing was going to be defective and they would lose their money I doubt anyone would buy a gift card. Even the radio ads are all about getting four times the fuel points if you purchase a gift card. If the store cannot keep the cards secured and safe they shouldn't be selling them. I am still out my $200 so trying to warn others about the risk involved in buying gift cards.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Kroger's pickup service is now requiring that customers who use the click pickup service also place their credit card info on file with the company. This is unnecessary in order for Kroger to process a credit card transaction, and it allows the possibility of a user's identity to get compromised in the inevitable situation where Kroger's data gets hacked at some point. Whoever made this decision at Kroger has done a huge disservice to their customers.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Spoke with Lex KY manager Carol early March regarding what appears to be slime (innards???) and a resulting black smudge left on cracker wrapper. Sent the photo and never heard from Kroger. Called on April 2, complaint was met by flippy response from (Seth) who only could imagine calling the store for a refund... Maybe alert Kroger buyer of possible contamination??? Asking to contact his supervisor left me on phone over 30 min with no pickup. Maybe it's time to lawyer up, sure to get response!

Original review: March 26, 2019

This Kroger store allows a lot of product to sit on the shelves that has expired by weeks. We didn't realize that Kroger allows their lunch meat to expire by weeks. It doesn't even look good. There are only Hispanics working here it his Grocery Store other than some of the checkers, so they don't check for Expiration Dates. Store is Dirty and not cleaned properly. If you want to get sick, just go to that store and you will catch something down by the Pharmacy. We have had the Flu from there. Not a clean place.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Absolutely furious with ClickList. I purchased my groceries on March 14th and it barely got billed today March 25th. Ridiculous if you ask me. I called them and they said their system was down and there is nothing they can do. 12 days later they charge my card. Wow! Never using ClickList again and wouldn’t recommend it to anybody else.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Went to deli department on Sunday morning at 8:30 to get one pound of deli meat. It was 8:40 am, was informed by the THREE women standing there that they did not serve customers until 9:00. Left, not going back!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I been shopping at Kroger over twenty years. There always a deal and discount love the Kroger coupons I receive in the mail. They give free things and discounts. They have a variety of products as well as international foods. The Kroger brands make it affordable for many people and myself. My dollar goes far at the store.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Why did Kroger quit carrying Ocean Spray Ruby Red Light 50 grapefruit juice? I buy this every week, it’s the only juice I can drink. I would greatly appreciate seeing this back on Kroger shelves. I love shopping at Kroger. Appreciate your help.

Original review: March 23, 2019

The store is very big and clean with a huge selection of merchandise and it’s close to my house so I don’t have to go far from home. They even have pharmacy section with other household products. It even sales a selection of made food.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I would like to know why Kroger has decided to remove so many name brand products. I go to buy certain products and they no longer have them. I remember when they started opening Marketplace Kroger. You could find so many things. Now everything is changing to Kroger products. I don't mind buying some of your products but I do like my name brands. Ask people who are shopping and they all say the same thing, yes it is getting very irritating. You can't buy what you want, feels like they are forcing you to buy Kroger. Well I got one thing to say. Remember when Thriftway Grocery Store did that and no longer around. Now I'm forced to go to Walmart to get the products I want.

Original review: March 18, 2019

They keep cutting down on selection. Customer has to compete with employee when shopping, they block aisles and will just about knock you over to get a product off the shelf. Only 2 checkouts open most times which means longer lines. They care more about curbside customers then actual customers in store. I started shopping elsewhere since they have shown no regard for in store customers.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The local Kroger in McConnelsville, Ohio is extremely small. Its parking lot is even smaller and it's difficult to navigate in both. The store aisles are much too narrow...2 carts going opposite directions can barely fit past each other. Some products I want aren't even stocked and require special ordering if desired. Prices are higher in this store compared to the larger store 25 miles away, and frankly, I'd purchase more and spend more if the local store was more convenient, had a larger parking lot and had a much broader product selection. On one occasion one of the cashiers was rude and argumentative while I was checking out. As a result, I try to avoid shopping there whenever I can find what I want elsewhere.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My nearest Kroger is small, therefore selection is limited to space allowed for products. Further away there is a very large Kroger that I seldom shop because of its size. Sure, it has a huge selection, but it's a day trip to cover the entire store. There is a new Kroger being built in Bluffton and it appears to cover 2 city blocks. Possibly they will sell furniture and tires too as there certainly will be room. I will not shop there!

Kroger Company Information