3.86/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kroger

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kroger Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

All the employees are ok, some are better than others. I don't like how they remodeled the store, harder to find things. The only thing that really bothers me is the checkout. While waiting in line the cashier and customers being served love having conversations, ones that when they are checked out, continue with the cashier sometimes ignoring us until they're done. I love the self checkouts because I get out faster, however I wish they would be set on a cashier scan mode where there is no pause after each item. Staff is generally friendly and try to help when asked.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The staff at the stores in the Greenwood, IN area are tops! Whenever I need assistance, I can usually find someone in the particular department to bring my requests to! Recently, when I couldn't find a specific cut of meat in the case, someone CHEERFULLY went to the back to bring some out for me! Just yesterday I had some difficulty locating an item in the refrigerated section, and one of the personal shoppers led me right to it! Kroger corporate should be congratulated on their hiring process and on the caliber of people they employ. People on their corporate customer service have been very helpful, too. Occasionally I've reported issues with Kroger brand product quality and they have been cordial and appropriately responsive to the reports.

There are some areas in which Kroger corporate could (and perhaps should) improve. People who bag groceries need better training. It's been more than a few times that I've had to call and report problems with how things have been packaged. Even when we do our best to sort items as we load them on the check lane, baggers often mindlessly shove things willy-nilly into those cheap plastic bags--things like canned goods that become dented by the time you get the groceries home. And speaking of those cheap plastic bags, we had several rip lately, spilling the contents. Thank God, when that happened most recently there was no broken glass as the result. No business is perfect, but Kroger gets a 5-star shout-out for giving good customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 22, 2019

My Kroger store is very nice. It's a very reliable place to shop. Kroger's have friendly employees and always standing out to help their customers the best way they can. They have a variety of groceries in stock at all times. Helping handicap people the best way they can. Making sure that they are comfortable while shopping at the store. The parking lot is very big so everyone have a place to park.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I like that store. It was the only store in Wake County NC that was worth going to. The sales were great and the line of product were better that the other stores in this area who charge 5x more for the same things or things that were not even as good. Besides, I hate Harris Teeter, Publix and Lowe’s. They are rip off, high cost stores with less quality. I miss Kroger’s.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Kroger most of the time because it's very convenient and it has a wide range of organic products at more reasonable prices than anywhere else I've tried to shop. While I don't know how well they treat their employees, I haven't heard any negative reports, which is another reason I shop there rather than some other major store. The people are friendly but always busy; the store isn't as nice as Publix but the prices make a big difference to me. If you make a request for something they will do their best to meet it, although it seems like sometimes they have trouble meeting their supply needs. I recently ordered online for a store pickup, and it worked ok; that can be a huge boon to busy families. My main complaint is that they do have trouble with their distribution. In the past I've had meat that seemed to expire sooner than the due date, but that hasn't happened for several years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Kroger for over over 30 years. I have found the quality of the beef, chicken and pork has been declining the past few years. All cuts are not as tender and sometimes are too tough to eat. The ground beef is a serious issue. There have been bone fragments in the ground meat. I have cracked a tooth eating it and had to pay for and endure getting a tooth fixed. My husband recently broke a tooth so bad eating Kroger ground beef that he had to have a root canal and the costs of repairs of that tooth will exceed 2500.00. I will not be buying ground beef from Kroger in the future. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

After 30 years we have switched to HEB. Congratulations Kroger on your new “no customer service” business model. Instead of friendly and fast checkout, you have decided to use your customers to check themselves out. I’m sure you are making a bunch more profit using your customers as “shadow labor”. The store we have frequented now has an impressive 16 self checkout lanes. This leaves two full service lanes for the entire store on most days. The result? We either struggle through figuring out the fruit and vegetable thing, or we wait 15 minutes in the full service lane. Our choice? We now drive right past you Kroger’s, while traveling the extra 3 miles to an awesome HEB. Good luck with your new business model. I’m sure you will never miss us. (Unless there are a whole lot of “us”.)

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I brought Kroger’s Shredded Mozzarella and Sharp Cheddar cheese for my 2019 Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese. It was ruined. The cheese would not melt especially the sharp cheddar. They must have cheapened their recipe but it was the closest thing to eating plastic...Horrible and very disappointing. I will never buy Kroger Cheese EVER IN LIFE.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Read the notes in my file. You’ll get up to date, if your employees made accurate notes about all the calls I’ve made to you, Instacart, my bank, and credit card company customer service. Recap I had $200 set aside for my family Thanksgiving. I ordered delivery in the Kroger app. Nowhere did it say delivery was being outsourced. Next I get a text from Instacart they're running 2 hours behind. That’s when I looked up instacart then figured it out. I chatted with the shopper via of text on substitutions. It went silent for about 45 minutes when I get an email, not text, driver needs gate code. I replied via of text and email 154. I get another email "Meet shopper outside. He can’t find you."

I go downstairs and the gate was propped open, people were moving, and didn’t see anyone in my small half circle driveway entrance/exit in front of my complex. I text and emailed, "The gate has been open since 8:30pm, I asked, and your driver's at the wrong property." Next I get an email my order was cancelled! That was our thanksgiving groceries. I sent 8 emails to customer service with Instacart to bring my order. You put a pending charge of $169.07 on my credit card that wouldn’t drop off for 7-10 days. I called the bank, cc company, you, Instacart starting at 4am day before thanksgiving. I only had available $30 left of credit to buy thanksgiving. Your supervisor, heartless, said the best he would do is give me a $50 credit.

I was furious for so much deception. The only way I could use the $50 was to get delivery! Forcing me to use you and Instacart again when you already had my $169.07. I didn’t see the credit of $50 on my account so I Kroger and was told to type in I have a $50 credit on a product instructions for substitutions. I couldn’t spend over $30 because I had to put my cc down again and your rep said you wouldn’t make any charges. After checkout the $50 would be applied. This is what happen. You took the amount of groceries from my cc leaving me with no money to buy thanksgiving and to top it off, you had the audacity to charge me a delivery fee plus driver tip. Subtracted from that “$50 credit”. You didn’t give me $50. It worked out to be around $35. Once again you also put a pending charge on my cc leaving $3 available credit. You stole my family’s thanksgiving.

I’m sending this to you on thanksgiving since the only thing I had ingredients to make was a cake and bread in our bread machine. I hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving knowing you screwed, stole my family’s thanksgiving. We’re new to Dallas so we don’t have anyone to even help us out. I will be posting this on every social network, Kroger’s and Instacart website reviews, App Store, and sending this scam to channel 4.5 and 8. It is so hard on me when I have 3 sons home from college and can’t give them thanksgiving. I feel so stressed out, anxiety, depressed, like a horrible single parent. This is because even though both of your companies knew you blocked my money, had no groceries, would have no food for thanksgiving, DID NOTHING! You should feel embarrassed and ashamed of kicking me in the street.

I want my money released immediately, something to make up for my family not having thanksgiving except for a cake and loaf of bread, and some type of reprimand to every heartless, horrible customer treating employee that I pleaded plus begged to help me. This I hope goes viral on the web. It is so unbelievably I can’t believe this happen to me. So this story is going to shock every reader. Did I mention I’m also disabled and a senior citizen? I just did, just like I did yesterday, to explain I’m on a fixed income with 3 sons in college, which did not escalate to any authority to solve this problem. I expect a reply that will rectify all the wrong you did to me for thanksgiving.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I am out of my mind today. My daughter's birthday is Monday. I ordered her a cake 3-4 days ago from Kroger from the only person in the bakery that was Chinese or Japanese, whichever and didn't speak great english. She was nice though. I special ordered this cake. Tonight when I picked it up, it was brought to me in a huge box. It was not enclosed in any container of any kind. Just sitting in the bottom of this box. I thought this is odd. When I got home I thought, "What am I gonna put this cake in until my daughter arrives next week?" I don't have a cake holder. I got cake out and this is what I saw – a lopsided cake. WTH happened? I was furious. The box was one thing but then I get a lopsided cake? REALLY? So I call up to Kroger and spoke with this same lady (in fact she's the only person I have seen in the bakery and dealt with on all occasions).

She didn't seem to hear anything I was saying. I told her about the cake. She said nothing she could do until tomorrow, she was closing. I said, "Is there a manager to speak with." She said, "This isn't my dept. I am only covering." THAT'S FUNNY. 3-4 days ago she took my order in the store. LIAR. Then I asked if there was a manager to speak to. She said no, I would need to call back tomorrow. I said, "Is there not a manager on duty?" She ignored me. I asked again. She said, "No...no manager." I started screaming and cussing at this point and demanded to speak to a manager. She put me on hold. A guy gets on phone and I asked if he was the manager. He said yes. His name was Tim. (LIE number two from her).

I told him about what happened. He said bring the cake back for a full refund...and to just go to one of the front registers, so I did. I told him I would just go elsewhere to order a cake. His reply, "OK". (Why didn't TIM show up to apologize and see for himself and tell me to just keep the cake?) I showed the guy at the register. I had him pull out the cake to take a look. He was shocked at the cake. Anddd, my daughter's name isn't even centered in the cake. What kind of service is this? Kroger should have GIVEN me the cake on top of all my trouble and apologized for such a mess they made. I went down the street to HEB and ordered a cake from them. They had 10 people working in the bakery and was ready and willing to go out of their way to help me. Kroger lost me forever. NEVER EVER will I order a cake from them again..EVER! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Kroger Company Information