Kroger

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I took my information and requested a transfer from another pharmacy, due to insurance reasons, to Kroger pharmacy in Carrollton, Ga at 11 am on Friday morning. They said “It should take a couple of hours but we will call you when it is ready.” I waited until 3 pm on Saturday and still had not heard from them. I have things to do also. I went to either get my medicine or my paperwork. They did not enter my insurance correctly in the computer, only filled one of my prescriptions and filled it wrong, and then wanted to know if I wanted to wait while they corrected it. I told them to just give me my info and prescriptions back. They refused. I would give them a 0 if I could. Horrible customer service.

I was excited to go to work for Kroger earlier this month. The first week I worked 34 hours, when I got my check I was paid for 26 hours. At that point I quit. As I was making minimum wage, being shorted a whole 8 hours brought me well below minimum wage. I still had one more check to collect for 24 hours I had worked the second week. My second check was for 16 hours, a short a full 8 hours again. I guess Kroger keeps prices low by cheating employees.

At times I have gone to the window and the reps just keep doing whatever they are doing and don't say anything. Nevertheless, the store is close to my house and I don't have too many scripts to fill so that makes it great for me. Furthermore, I love the rewards program being applied to prescriptions so that's also a plus. If I had a lot of prescriptions then I might use the mail in Rx program I have because that does save more money than I get with the rewards from the store.

I went to Turkey Hill gas station on Clime Rd, Columbus OH to do air. The air pump out of order. I called for help. The manager in office chilling with other staff. Nobody cares. It was 1 cashier. People there no one greet them or ask if they need help. The manager with staff have coffee break in office for hours. The manager refuse to help me and refund my money. I got only a dollar after argue with cashier. I won't never go back there. Bad service. The store number 717.

High disappointed in the 3300 E Broad St, Mansfield, TX 76063 location. I did the online grocery order due to me being sick on 1/11/2017. Pick was for 1/12/2017 between 6-7 PM. Still not feeling good on my pick up day but as a mom of 2 I needed stuff for my kids lunch and dinner. I receive a phone call at 5:35 saying that no one could complete my order and I could come after 5 PM 1/13/2017. A day that is convenient for who because it isn't for me and you had well over enough time to get my order ready.

Now what am I to do about dinner for my family and school lunch? Remind you I am under the weather. Kroger is my store of choice, however I have never had this issue with WalMart and had I known you guys couldn't live up to a service you offer, I could have used WalMart. I have worked all day and I just want to get dinner for my family going and lunch and relax but no. Now I have to physically go into a store and pick all this stuff out all over again. I AM HIGHLY PISSED AT YOUR SERVICE AND I WILL BE LETTING SOCIAL MEDIA KNOW ABOUT THIS! And to top things off this is showing up as a successful pickup and it wasn't! I never got the order! To this day I have emailed and emailed and posted on social media and received no response from anyone!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Kroger has a convenient pickup window. Usually have my meds on a timely basis, but the pickup is at times very slow. Otherwise, I don't have many complaints. You get rewarded with points to use to obtain lower gas prices at their tanks.

They have the best staff ever from the techs to the pharmacist on duty! This store will take the time to make sure your insurance is correct too and if you ever need extra to hold you over they will accommodate. Everyone always help with a smile!

Spent way longer time than I normally would shopping, making sure the items I had matched the app coupons I had, only to be denied stating they do not accept app coupons if it's not from Kroger themselves. Why have app coupons and not provide the service or tell the app services you do not participate in app coupons. Very disappointed.

I thought Kroger was in business for their customers??? I just heard that Kroger is removing all banks from their stores in their Pick n Save stores in Wisconsin??? I have been shopping at Kroger for over 60 years in the states of Michigan-Indiana-Ohio and always was able to find one that had a bank in them. Please can someone tell me why they are taking banks out of their stores in Wisconsin.

The pharmacists are very knowledgeable, helpful and genuinely caring. Prices are as good or better than other pharmacies and they are willing to price check competitors to be sure you get the lowest price. My Kroger pharmacy really does go out of their way to be helpful and do everything they can to help me as a patient.

They always have my meds in stock and ready for pickup. I like using the drive-thru, but sometimes the cars are backed up. The price is right, the reward points really bring down the price of my gas and the customer service is excellent.

When I enter the store I like to know I am more than just a potential sale. Often the pharmacist cannot identify me and I feel as though I am being interrogated. When you're purchasing a doctor prescribed treatment, this is not the response you welcome. Also the pharmacy aid changes occur too often.

The staff are very friendly, courteous & knowledgeable. They contact my doctor for refills when I don't have any remaining. The wait time is very reasonable. They have a drive-thru & their business hours are great for me.

I recently experienced a problem with a Kroger pharmacy and filled out a comment on the website. I immediately got an automatic response back saying that I would be contacted. About a week went by with no comment so I called and spoke to a representative and told her my problem. She said she would have someone contact me but no one ever did. I called back yesterday and they said they did not have a record of me calling so again I explained my problem. I told them that if no one contacted me I would be moving all of my and my wife's prescriptions from Kroger. I have been dealing with them for over 20 years and never had a problem until I moved. I realize they are a large company and my business is not going to break them but I just wanted to let them know of my problem.

I wrote a check to Kroger on Dec 23rd. The first time it did not clear because my SS check had not hit but they put it back thru and it was paid on 12-28-2016. On Jan 9, 2017 they charged my acct 50.00 because they had to send it back thru. I checked Ky. charges and it says they can only charge 25.00. They are making money on all of us. Shame on Kroger's. I could understand if the bank did not pay the check but this overkill!!! They got the 42.85 plus 50.00. Awful. Just Awful.

Great store in-house savings, friendliness of the staff and inviting atmosphere for me. I'm satisfied each visit with my purchases and can always find a good bargain and different food choice I wasn't looking for.

I like this store because the meat and produce are dependably fresh and are good quality. The staff is wonderful and helpful, there when you need them and go beyond the expected. There is a bagger here who, even on his off days, will step in and help the staff when he is there as a shopper. His name is John and is exemplary in all he does.

Kroger Smiths is family. EVERYONE smiles with a warm welcome. It makes a difference, especially after a particularly rough day. For a single parent, sometimes it's the ONLY adult interaction and can make or break someone's day.

I shop at Fry's/Kroger store. They have great customer service and their products are always a good buy and they always have great sales on items that I buy and use and their rewards are better than others.

Our Kroger is in a transitional Phase at the moment and all that will do is make the store a better place to Shop. Customer service is Personal at every section and the employees are exemplary. We have no intention to shop anywhere else, especially after it is enlarged completely.

Some Kroger locations are nicely designed, while others look like a barebones warehouse with a nice facade being the only thing going for them. As a frequent customer of Kroger, I find that some of their employees are a bit rude and quite simply burned out. Other locations, and competing brands are often much more pleasant and more human when it comes to interacting with employees. Sprouts and Trader Joe's are great examples of good customer service. I realize these are grocery stores, and will be tiring and repetitive and even boring, but I do think the employee attitudes are quite important. Otherwise, I am happy with Kroger.

Our local Kroger-owned stores are called "Fred Meyer" (aka "Freddy's"). The stores are a super-center, having both groceries as well as a wide variety of consumer hard goods. Their variety is quite wide, but their prices are somewhat usurious. We generally use only their pharmacy and gas station, preferring to purchase our food items at other, more reasonably priced supermarkets.

One of the best stores I've ever shopped at - even the pharmacist is friendly helpful and they all take the time to understand what you're trying to find out and help you. I love that Store Marshall Texas Kroger's. Thank you.

While renovation has improved Kroger stores - opening displays, more attractive lighting - it falls short of Publix with selection and customer service. For example, in one local Kroger, while the cereal aisle is expansive, there are limited options in the name brands. In the ice cream cases, two very popular brands offer only a few choices of flavors while Kroger house brands line 2 full cases of three shelves each. Despite commercials currently aired with friendly customer service, in actuality, there is very little interaction between the staff and the customer until checkout. Their cashiers are generally friendly, but help within the store is minimal.

I was shopping at the Fry's on Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, Az. I went to self checkout. One of the items did not scan. Rung bell for attendant who was standing a few feet away from me. He shut it off and was chitchatting to a old man that he seemed to know personally. They were talking about personal stuff. He did step over and offered to help after 4 rings for service. 2nd item also problem. I put the two items on top of self checkouts and moved to another one. Attendant was pissed, said "it is going to do the same at this one." I said "no" - I put the items up on top. "I did not want to interrupt your private conversation." He then said "what have you done today?" Looking at my handicap cart. He said "I have been busy all day. What are you going to do today?" looking again at my handicap cart.

He called supervisor over who said nothing - appearing to take his side. I told him I would let corporate know and wrote his name on piece of paper. Jeremiah **. Said he is beyond reproach and the company will not do anything to him. Go ahead and report him and then come back and he will tell me nothing has happened. It is bad enough to be disabled but to have employee make fun of disability is much worse. This company should stand behind Americans with disabilities. I will not return to a store that openly discriminates.

Your commercials are saturating the local television programming channels to the point it is apparent this is why your prices are so high. You used to have a decent store and then decided to build one that it could eat our town. Maybe another reason you charge so much. I will transmit this comment but NOT submit it.

This store is still called Harris Teeter but was purchased by Kroger. Since that purchase the quality of the produce has dropped (to the level I remember over 30 years ago when Kroger had a store in Charlotte), many food options have disappeared and the prices have risen. What was once a quality grocer with better prices has now gone down and I shop other stores for better quality and price. Their customer service is very good but I have seen some attitude changes in the last few weeks.

I go to the Kroger that is closest to my home. It's older & smaller than some of the other Krogers, so it doesn't offer as much selection as some of the larger ones, but it's clean, the prices are reasonable, and the cashiers are friendly & courteous. I love their bakery & they also have great markdowns. Kroger is my go-to grocery store.

Very friendly staff, always willing to stop what they are doing to help you find what you're looking for. I'm a regular customer of Kroger/Fry's food store, and am treated like family. Always greeted when I walk through the doors. Thank you Fry's food and drug Yuma, Arizona store.

This store is so clean and always stocked on my supplies, the check out people are always friendly. I love the selection of fresh meats and deli cheeses. They have one of the best organic sections close to me. Other than them, I normally shop Trader Joe's.

Kroger Company Profile