2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.51/5

Kroger Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Cost is cheap. Have pharmacy which is fair and produce as well as groceries so one stop shopping. Sometimes they are out of things. Do have kosher items too. It's the place to go to stretch a dollar. Recommend.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

The staff is always friendly, eager to help you find everything and helping you to get it off the shelf. I love their grocery pickup because you can use mobile coupons on the app but also give them paper coupons when you pick up your groceries.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

All the employees are ok, some are better than others. I don't like how they remodeled the store, harder to find things. The only thing that really bothers me is the checkout. While waiting in line the cashier and customers being served love having conversations, ones that when they are checked out, continue with the cashier sometimes ignoring us until they're done. I love the self checkouts because I get out faster, however I wish they would be set on a cashier scan mode where there is no pause after each item. Staff is generally friendly and try to help when asked.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I keep reading Kroger is doing great in their numbers and profit. Well what do you expect from a company that try to make their employees pay back the money they overpaid. Or the cutting back on staff and those left to work in multiple departments. All the while the CEO get a several million dollar bonus. Then how they are holding their customers money hostage. I bought appliances for an event, then suddenly the coronavirus happened and immediate no return was implemented. They are still unopened because had to cancel the event because of social distancing. What ticks me off the store level is no help, I messaged them on social media and said would forward to leadership team. Just BS, they say they care about customer, then why the hell can't get my money back.

They are playing with people's livelihood by holding their money hostage. I've been laid off, irs still hasn't given my refund, I don't qualify for benefits, so I pay out pocket and struggling to survive. Yet every other store out there started doing returns again or gave some update. But krogers hasn't updated anything, because they know it will mess up their numbers and bottomline, but us consumers need to take it to the Better Business Bureau and a lawsuit.

Original review: June 23, 2020

This was my 2nd order using Kroger pickup. Kroger had advertised I could use my EBT card with a pickup order. Because I am disabled & immunocompromised, I was very thankful for that service. But when I picked up my first order a few weeks ago, a young man came out to my car and told me I had to go inside to customer service to use my EBT card because their machines weren't working. No one at Kroger sent me a message about this problem beforehand. I was quite unhappy with this. I made another order yesterday and the same thing happened. I was told I had to go inside to use my EBT card. This time I was quite furious. But I had to comply to get my order.

Once I got home I realized that they had forgotten several items I had ordered. When I looked at my receipt, only one of those items that was missing was on my receipt. For some reason, three items I had put into my cart weren't reflected at all on the receipt. They just seemed to have disappeared! And I did not get an email or a text alerting me that these items were no longer available. They were just omitted with no explanation. I had to drive back to Kroger, go inside to the customer service desk to retrieve 1 jar of Nutella that the employee who prepared my order forgot to put with my groceries. No one offered to take the cost of this item off my order for all the trouble. I am very unhappy with these 2 experiences at Kroger and don't plan on using the pickup service again. I have used Walmart pickup throughout most of the pandemic, and I've never had a problem with them. I can use my EBT card from my car and it's never been an issue there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: June 21, 2020

I just came from the Clicklist area at the Oakley, OH Kroger where the man answered the phone when I spelled my last name he yelled, "Whoa whoa" and started talking I thought to me but it must have been with someone else. I yelled HELLO and asked if they were talking to me. Next thing you know some woman had the phone took my information and said they would be out in a little bit. I was car #4 and watch a lot of other cars pull up. The first 3 cars received their groceries so I would have assumed mine would have been next, nope they waited on cars that came in after me. They waited on 4 other cars that came after me. ***Guess they were putting me in my place for wanting to get my groceries!!**

I called in to ask when I would get my groceries and the guy yelled out to get the groceries for my last name. He told me the reason was they were having trouble with the printer, but if that is the case would the other people have issues as well getting their groceries. No they would not. Still nothing. I was there half an hour just sitting watching people come and go. I called in and spoke to a manager who agreed that was bad service and said my groceries would be out. In just a short time after that conversation a ** guy brought my groceries out, struggled to get my last name and then put my groceries in my car. I will never use their clicklist again. First of all they are very unprofessional, lack of customer service, rude people. I know it is just a job to them, but at least do the job right. I will be calling on Monday to the customer service department at the headquarters on Monday. No way to treat customers.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I've always thought Kroger quite expensive for the clothes but assumed that they were made in America. I browsed some today planning to purchase some shorts/tops, willing to pay. However, the disappointment that they are "made in China" was followed by disbelief that anyone would pay such prices for (proven) low quality.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Used ClickList during Covid pandemic, they charged my debit card 80$ worth of groceries, I only received 44$ worth..this was May 17th. Today is June 1st..still no refund! Cannot get ahold of anyone on the 1800#. Kroger service desk themselves cannot help at all, I tried this service for my mother in law as well, everything she wanted to buy, was out of stock, so the website will say, however I walked right in the store and got a 24pk of water, that was supposed to be sold out or not available. Lazy, rude staff, nightmare getting your refund. Will never use this service again and would never, ever, refer anyone else to use clicklist.

Original review: May 29, 2020

The Kroger commercials tout their Covid-19 safety precautions, but many of their employees do not wear masks and do not keep 6 feet away. Sometimes there is someone to clean the shopping carts, but today an unmasked man brought them in from the parking lot and no one cleaned them.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I placed an order for delivery on the 20th to be delivered on the 23rd. After the shopper left, half of the order was missing. My online receipt showed everything was scanned and paid for. Today I was notified that a second charge is being posted on my bank account. The shopper had placed an order for in-store purchase, identical to the delivery order. Kroger confirmed this. But this is not their responsibility. They are not concerned how an Instacart shopper was able to do this. Instacart claims they are investigating but know for a fact that their shopper didn't steal anything from me. In fact, they told me that the shopper doesn't work for Instacart. He is an independent contractor. That represents Instacart and Kroger. He eventually gets paid by them. They aren't really concerned about how all of this happened. The shopper made two purchases on my account and card AND stole half of one and kept all of the other. About $70 worth of MY food.

Kroger Company Information