3.64/5
Based on 224 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

764 Kroger Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

Kroger has an entrance but the carts are parked outside far away. It is not feasible for older people to park, come in the store and then go back outside and walk for the length of the store to get a cart. This store is not user friendly!!! One buys less If they can only purchase what they can carry, but it calls for another trip. So frustrating!

Original review: June 7, 2018

Well, Kroger ~ after being a loyal paying customer for nearly 20 years, I won't be shopping at any of your stores anymore. Fuel points & coupons are great, but the embarrassment caused by having my personal check for $122.00 declined in front of a store full of people with Certegy's lame explanation as to why is unacceptable. Be aware that Certegy is evasive with the reasoning and blames YOUR criteria but fails to provide any negative history. The last 10 checks I have written were to Kroger and they all cleared my account without incident. I write one at least once a month. Sometimes twice. Thanks for nothing.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have been ordering cakes from this Kroger in Atascocita. Tx. for years for my company and personal events. They have a new Cake Decorating person. With that said, I will not be going back there. I Picked up a cake today. It was for a Girl at my work turning 21. I ordered 1/2 sheet Choc/white with Happy 21st Birthday Sandra. With Pink and Yellow balloons. The strings on the balloons are White and so is the Cake, so that doesnt look very good. And When they spelled Birthday, they put little letters even the b is lower case, and it looks like they forgot to put the t so they made that a Capital T. So it says Happy birThday Sandra. And with the strings blending in with the cake it looks very plain. I had another cake made there about two weeks ago for a 30th Birthday. I wasnt happy but thought I would give them another try, so I did and No not going back there again. Thank you. Need to hire a new Baker...

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have been a customer at this Kroger for many years and have as such thought the Ladies Room left much to be desired. Recently, I've been more disgusted with it. It is old and dreary looking, the floor is always somewhat wet with paper on the floor, and it smells really bad. I'm not talking about usual bathroom odors, but rather the smell of sewage. I know the store must make a lot of money, so I can't understand why some remodeling can't be done, as well as some plumbing work. Generally the store looks worn out, and most supermarkets have been remodeled in this area - Food Lion and Lowe’s Food to mention two. I really like the service I've gotten, and have no complaints about the employees - it's just the bathroom!

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been a faithful Kroger shopper for over 20 plus years. I am in shock that the recall of their ground beef with plastic in it, is just NOW happening! Around 1 year ago I was starting to make a meatloaf for dinner for my family when I opened a package of Kroger ground beef and placed it in a big bowl. I then went to get my other items I use in my meatloaf. I was getting ready to start adding the items when I stopped because I noticed a piece of something on the ground beef. I looked closer and I immediately could see that it was a piece of hard, white plastic. I went and got my husband and had him take a look at it and he agreed that it was a piece of hard, white plastic.

There was no possible way it came from my bowl beings it was a stainless steel bowl. I then placed it back into its original package and took it back to the same Krogers that I purchased it from. I took it to the customer service counter and the general manager was the 1 who helped me. I explained my situation and he did not seemed bothered by it in the least bit. Told me to get a new one and that was it. At the time I did not think much of it but seeing that now, over 1 year later they are recalling the same ground beef for the same reason, concerns me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kroger?

Original review: May 4, 2018

I love Kroger, been shopping there for 20 years, only recently the shelves seem to missing quality items. Some items are only Kroger brand, I would like to have a choice. I shopped a few days ago and at 10 am you would think produce would be stock and only one register open, half of the self checkout was not operational and the one I did use after waiting in line for had problems, each time I scanned an item the machine said, "Please remove last item and scan". I really don't want to change store, just fix some of the issues. Thanks.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Kroger is often cheaper than Walmart. The self-checkout is a pain but there is always someone to help you. Also, fresh veggies and fruits are usually amazing.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Store needs to be cleaned and organized a wee bit better. Shelves need to be stocked later in the evening. Products are ok but why are the prices higher in Danville than in Avon?

Original review: April 24, 2018

I love Kroger when shopping for grocery. They offer a wide selection and digital coupons. The Woohoo sales are great. My grandkids know everything about the stores when shopping at Kroger.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I love this store. However, it is more expensive and the things I can find at Walmart cheaper I will buy there. But Kroger offers more variety in several areas.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Great market for a big box store but I wish I could purchase in smaller quantities. Other than that always stocked and helpful if I have questions.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I shop at the Ralph's Kroger store downtown Santa Barbara because of the parking availability... It has most of the staples I use. But not enough of the brand name products. Too many Kroger products!!! Getting worse in this respect. But good fresh produce at reasonable prices. Cheese and meat counters have good name brand. Service is always nice and respectful. Breads are great choices. Need to bring in much much more natural, health food products! Have shopped there and for many years and no problems. But have to go to Costco for bulk items, low prices and Trader Joe's for natural foods and health products.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Pretty good variety of products, nice produce selection, occasionally good sale prices, good deli and bakery. Wish it had more vegetarian products and the website was better, better organized and easier to navigate.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I prefer a store with a variety of products, of the same brand. Brand is a guy top quality I look for when shopping for my weekly grocery shopping. Thank you for a ear for me to voice my opinions.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The one thing that brings me back to Ralph's is that they offer the best selection of Tillamook yogurts. Produce is very good. Their seafood quality is variable and average meat selection.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Was I surprised today when they told me my check was rejected because I couldn't write a check for over the amount. Evidently Kroger gives you a certain amount you can write checks for that TOTAL $250 over YEARS! I don't shop at Kroger as my #1 store; once in awhile, I'll write it over for the $25 which is their limit. Talked to the manager. I would have to write 10 checks to equal this amount. Would probably take a few years for me to write that amount over.

Updated on 05/16/2018: My info could have been compromised so I had to change info. In meantime had given Kroger a check which of course did not clear. I called and was told I had to get something from my bank. I didn't want to go through that since I had been through enough changing everything. Kroger charged me almost $50 and this was the first time anything like this has happened in over 30 years doing business with them.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The store is not a clean and neat as I would like. Music in store is too loud. The cashiers and stockers are friendly which I appreciate, and helpful.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have always liked shopping at Kroger but the store I shop at needs renovated. The fresh produce department needs expanded and the frozen food department is rather small.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I love shopping at my local Kroger. The fresh fruit selection is great! It’s convenient and the prices work for my family. I also love the points I use for gas.

Original review: April 21, 2018

The mng. needs to quit moving the stock around every few days as it is really irritating to have to always search for something when you are in a hurry or not.

Original review: April 21, 2018

The product selection is fantastic, the pricing is competitive but lower than name brands with the same quality. The store is also very clean and customer service is no 1.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Customer service is the worst! At all of their store's Deli they are rude! No one seems to know what they stock or care about what you're looking for.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Kroger on 4395 Orchard Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI 48323. I would like to complain about the customer service desk at this Kroger. I have been a customer for many years, but the customer service at this Kroger is getting worse, and I am not the only one to complain. In about 80% of time, there is nobody at the desk; sometimes people have to wait in line for several minutes for somebody to show up. If there is somebody, sometimes they just walk away, tell us to wait and do not show-up again for several minutes. That is what happened to me today (not the first time), 4/20/2018 at 3:10. First, nobody was around, and when she showed up, she told me to wait, she walked away.

After some minutes waiting, I asked the associate on the floor to call for somebody; when she (manager? her name tag was covered with the jacket) showed-up again, her attitude was not customer friendly; we exchanged words; she asked me why I could not wait, and I told her I always have to wait at this Kroger. I asked for lottery tickets, and she slowly started to punch my numbers, then for some reason the lottery machine stopped to work (?), and she slowly started to write my numbers on the piece of paper; I was under impression that she was dragging the service to irritate me; thus I told her to forget it, turned around and left.

I believe that she yelled something after me, and Kroger people around laughed. This lack of customer care is not unique to this only customer service rep, but it is similar with other service personnel working in this Kroger; though they may be more courteous. In addition, the store is dirty. This is not the case with Kroger on Union Lake and Commerce, there is always somebody at the customer service desk, and people are courteous, friendly. I believe the proper training, carefully selecting people to work at the service desk, and the store and corporate management involvement could help to improve the situation in this Kroger.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I feel as though Kroger's prices are too high so I don't shop here very often. Only when there is a sale on something that I need that another store does not carry.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I love Kroger. They are always friendly and courteous. Always satisfied with produce, meats etc. Fish good too. Very happy and very satisfied overall with them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My Kroger is close, clean and they always have what I'm looking for. With the Kroger Card, I can upload coupons and they send me coupons in the mail for products I usually buy. I'm disabled and the staff is extremely helpful.

Original review: April 19, 2018

They need to have more checkout lanes opened where they check you out. In the evening hours from 10-12 there is usually a shift from the hospital close by that is getting off work. Usually there is only the option where you have to check out yourself. The deli and meat departments are closed by 9, which means you have to go shopping during 9am- 9pm. Other than that it's a well stocked store!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I like the selection and the customer service. The self checkout is easier than other stores to use. I use it almost every time I go to the store and have fewer problems in Kroger than other stores.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I enjoy shopping at Kroger's because they carry most of the items that I purchase on a regular bases. Their pricing is comparable to the other stores in the area.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Kroger stores are clean. Floors are always clean and dry. Veggies area always fresh, and I enjoy the flowers selection. The meat are fresh and looks nice. The butchers are always helpful. And the cashiers are great and the checkout are always done quickly.

Kroger Company Information