Ingles Markets

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First of all, I'm not in this for anything. I think it's time to go back to the testing department and rethink this Ingles brand sharp cheddar cheese. I know my cheeses, this isn't one of them. I'm not sure of the taste, either. No bite, no sharpness. I'm not certain what they're tasting in the lab. I'll always shop at Ingles, it's my stop on the way home from work, but I'll be looking for a better brand next time. I have a ways to go. My husband bought the 2 lb pack. It was costly. No need for any coupons or any such thing. I'm not returning. Just improve your product. That's all.

Let me start my review by saying "Ingles Markets" have the highest inflated above retail prices on the lowest quality foods especially the meat and produce departments. The meat they carry isn't even the industry standard black Angus or even Angus beef or even from in most cases it's not from the United States but rather from countries like Mexico, Australia, Argentina and so on. The reason the beef from other countries is much cheaper and of poor quality but yet they charge outrageous prices for it far more than the market standard black Angus beef that is raised in the United States, it's all about selling garbage grade beef with a very high profit margin.

2nd "seafood' I have noticed that even the seafood like Haddock which is caught right here in the north Atlantic Ocean along the New England coast is imported from Vietnam! Cod and Alaskan Pollack which is caught in the North Pacific ocean from Seattle Washington up to the Alaskan coastline again "Ingles" buys it from far away countries whose standards if they even have them are poor! 3rd "produce" if you look again it's of very poor quality often not even ripe and from countries like Honduras and Guatemala where it nowhere from ripe. All of these produce are grown year round in our country. How about we talk about the tasteless Tomatoes that look red and ripe but have no taste or they taste like cardboard? The reason poor produce that again is imported from 3rd world countries. The reason is that some fruit is placed in a gas that makes them appear to be ripe but it isn't.

To sum things up demand that that they start giving consumers what they pay for local Angus Beef, Seafood and produce from this country or better yet save yourself a bunch of money and get much, much better quality food elsewhere. Even Wal-Mart carries Black Angus beef for far less money and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I understand Public's carries Black Angus beef. Let us put the pressure on Ingles where it hurts them most... in the pocket book! Or shop elsewhere save some money and get healthier food.

The store where we do the bulk of our food shopping has been in business at this location for close to 20 years. We are pleased with the meat department as well as some of the people who staff the store. One nicer thing (which I am sure they do not control) would be to lower meat prices. Their prices are higher in a lot of things yet where we are located gives them an advantage in that it is only about 5 miles from our home. Many of their store brand items are excellent; some are not. Whenever I have had a problem with any item, they are very quick to correct the situation. The staff at our store is hands-down excellent. You will occasionally encounter someone having a rough day... yet, they do their very best to make you feel valued.

I walked over to the deli and I was on the phone. I want to say there was maybe three or four employees visible behind the counter, not one walked over to help until I ask for help which was maybe 10 minutes. After I placed my order, a person walked up and received immediate attention. When the person returned with my order she responded by say, "You're welcome." I should have responded by saying, "For what?" I will never shop at INGLES ever again, for sure you have lost a customer, and I will talk bad about you to everyone I know due to my experience with a worker's extremely bad customer service skills.

I returned a frozen food product I was not happy with. The open box was tossed, but the manager took the unopened boxes and told the cashier "I will restock these while you do the refund". Hello, do you want to purchase frozen food that someone returned? This violates state laws, not to mention common sense (by the way the retail value of these was $12 so he was saving $6-8 to compromise food safety.) Tried to phone corporate office but no one answers their phones. Time to shop elsewhere for me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ingles Markets?

There was an open box cutter on an orange box of Koolaid Jammers (normally my son would have reached in to get), that I picked up. I took it to the store manager and told her the situation and all she said, "Oh my goodness I will talk to my stock people." I'm very upset nothing else was done. What if my 13 autistic son or my 4.5 year old daughter would have cut their hands? Would they have done something then? I normally shop there every day or every other day. I WILL NOT be shopping there anymore. I'll take my business elsewhere.

U.S. Army retired combat veteran with many physical issues trying to get a prescription filled and it turns out the pharmacy realized it had been written wrong as they filled as written and then kept it (written script) on their counter top awaiting my return. When I return in three weeks with bottle in hand, the pharmacy cashier snatch the script up, threw it in my face and laughed as she explained it had been written wrong, no care to my pain and suffering. She enjoyed the fact that she could make fun of my pain. I have since made a complaint at Ingles corporate, over two weeks ago now, with NO response or caring from the corporate HQ, so I can only assume that it is ok to abuse veterans at Ingles.

Background: script verbiage said take two daily but number to dispense said 30, honest mistake from doctor, pharmacy knew it was wrong and should have said something instead of using this as an opportunity to make fun of a human being in pain.

Don't touch the deli or the salad open items. With a rating of 90 in Asheville, that's the worst rating I've seen. I've complained to them directly enough. Despite the problems it will cause, they need to shut down. Hadn't gone in some months and no change. It's really a potential hazard eating the food. This Ingles is near route 40 in South Asheville - the one further down by Earth Fare is fine except you can't get there easily due to the new traffic patterns.

At check out rang up everything, double checked bagging area & didn't somehow get all my food. When I called the person acted angry. I would ask if they found my food. Rude people and service.

The whole store is old and grubby-looking. Need renovations to update and make it look clean and appealing to consumer.

Everybody needs to know how Ingles is cooking food in the deli. They are cooking fish and chicken in the same oil. They don't change their oil cause you can tell by the way food looks. I have even gotten bad meat in a sandwich. Someone is going to get sick. Cross communication Ingles Deli don’t have nothing on showing they are using the same oil for fish and chicken. They can cause someone to die in using the same oil.

I am in no way trying to hurt Ingles but you need better management on how to cook. I even went in Ingles and the person I saw was so nasty she was an assistant in the deli here in GA. Her clothes were so nasty she had crap all over her jacket and the shoes beyond anything I had ever saw. DO YOU NOT HAVE A DRESS CODE? YOU NEED SAFE SERVICE IN YOUR KITCHEN for all who cook.

Where do you get these people? Do you not care we come to shop? So lately I have gone somewhere else because I did go to the front and say something but the girl is still there. I'm trying to spread word of mouth and it's a small town. Everybody knows everyone. The deli manager talks to her employees like they are dogs.

There have been numerous complaints filed with Kathryn ***** in Risk Management (828-669-2941 ext **) in regards to a chemical substance sprayed on my neck while I am shopping for necessaries in this grocery store. My first formal complaint was mailed to Ingles on May 24, 2008, after the dissatisfaction of reporting the incident to store management. It is now to my attention that employees of Ingles Markets are definitely participants in these malicious attacks.

It is no mistake when there was a repeat attack in the check-out lane, and a female cashier was standing directly behind me who could have easily sprayed a chemical on my neck resulting in the "Wet Sensation" observed while swiping my card in the machine on Oct 25, 2010 at 2:29pm in store 84. There was also a shopping cart blocking the isle making it very difficult for a customer to approach me from behind.

There was another situation when I was filling a box of doughnuts and had a similar experience, three managers were standing directly behind me and it is believed there was also participation by store personnel who will deny the occurrence by abusing their position with the company due to decentralization. On each occurrence, I suffered "severe emotional distress" and several ill effects lasting for several days. I have also sought counseling as a direct result of the paranoia sustained. These are some of the ill effects I suffered as a result of the chemical assault: blurred vision, burning stinging eyes, difficult breathing, heart palpitations, anxiety, stimulation, runny nose, panic attack, unable to make eye contact, enlarged pupil size, and sexual dysfunction. I am in the process of publishing this information on YouTube under the username "UndueHarassment" to expose this situation. Ingles has not made an effort to remedy the situation as it is continuing well beyond two years since it was reported to the corporate office.

I just cannot for the life of me understand how this company continually gets away with advertising goods as on sale and then do not carry them in the store. Their new week sales paper came out yesterday and I went to the store to purchase a few of the items on sale and 2 of the 3 items I went in for were not anywhere to be found. Last week it was organic peaches. They have yet to have one on their shelf.

Ingles Markets Company Profile