1.52/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Harris Teeter

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2017

52 Harris Teeter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Ok... I have used multiple Harris Teeter throughout the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area. I used to go inside all the time but due to medical issues have had to use the "order online and pick up" options. When I went inside most locations, they seem nice, clean, stocked well, etc. But when you use the online functions the satisfaction drops significantly. The images of the products online are sub standard compared to other companies. I can't zoom in and see the details on the packaging. Many times items don't even have a preview image. I found that many times if I type in the search window a partial word, it says "no item found" but if I change "chicken strip" to "strips", all of a sudden it finds the product. You have to be very specific what word you type.

Multiple times, I was told 5-6 items on my list were unavailable so I finally parked my car, went inside (The Bowie, MD location) and found 3 out of 5 of the missing items right there on the shelf. Was the staff inept or lazy? Just yesterday, I caught them trying to put the wrong items in my car. I had to wait a long time for the correct item. I got home and 2 of the items in the bags were the wrong items. Not replacement items that are the same thing, from a different company, completely different items. I highly suggest you NEVER use the shopping online option.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have been increasingly disappointed with my shopping experiences at my local Harris Teeter on Main Street, Hilton Head Island. The following are some of my issues: About 90% of the time, I am unable to find one or more products I have purchased before. So, I end up spending valuable time searching for products that HT no longer carries. Finding someone to ask is frequently difficult.

The quality of fresh fruit, especially melons and berries, is below par and expensive. I know I can return it, but I don't want to have to make a special trip to lug it back. I would rather HT opt to put out only good quality fruit. Though I am 5'6" tall, I often can't reach products on the top shelf. There are two approaches to this problem, neither of which is satisfactory. I can wait for an employee or a tall customer to go by and ask for assistance. Or, more frequently, when no one goes by, I will try to find a gadget of some kind (e.g., a toilet bowl brush) to extend my reach.

A few of the employees who appear to be upper management could use some training in "Greeting and Treating" customers. Some of the old cliches should still apply, such as "The Customer is Always Right" and "Treat the Customer as You Would Like to Be Treated." I would like to commend some departments and employees: Most of the cashiers are efficient and friendly. ** and ** are two of my favorites. The meat department is very good, and the butchers knowledgeable, congenial, and helpful.

Same as above for the new Pharmacy as well as the wine department. Though I don't see him much anymore (perhaps due to different hours ~ not sure) **, a member of the Management Team is always cordial, efficient, and accommodating. The men who stock produce and dairy are very busy, but always take time to offer a pleasant greeting. Admittedly, I am a discerning shopper with high expectations, especially in a store that positions itself as a cut above its competition. Now retired from my business, Retail Details, I used to tell my clients, "Do It Right" or don't do it at all. As far as Harris Teeter is concerned, I am at a tipping point as to whether I will continue to shop there.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

HT was recently acquired by Kroger, and since then, the overall quality of products has decreased. Noticed especially in the meat and produce department. The bakery department uses frozen cake from which to sell for birthday/special occasions... Stale and dry.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I entered the store at 3:30 PM wanting to purchase 3 cold subs. They had 3 white buns available. I was told cheese buns would be available in 45 minutes. I came back 45 minutes later and was told they were just coming out of the oven and that they had to cool before they could be cut which I understood. By this time over an hour and a half had elapsed. I went to the service counter and told the service manager that I had been in the grocery business over 50 years and it was a general policy to have white and cheese buns available when they were featured in an ad.

It wasn't rocket science in my opinion. He paged a manager who never came to the service desk. He asked if I could wait a minute and went into the office and came out with 2 five dollar gift cards and offered an apology for what happened. He should be commended for his efforts. I was President of BeLo Markets in Norfolk, VA when I retired and previously Vice President of Colonial Stores Norfolk, VA and a Vice President of A&P Indianapolis Division before that. I felt compelled to let you know of my experience. It is not necessary to contact me. Thank you. I do most of our family shopping at Kroger.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Just went to Harris Teeter in Shirlington and asked whether they have bulk nuts. The sales person responded by rolling her eyes and saying "We don't have anything like that." She seemed utterly disgusted by my question and having to do me the favor of responding. I am in utter shock.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harris Teeter?

Original review: June 17, 2017

Cashier informed me today I couldn't use my blue evic coupon even though there is no expiration. I was never given notice at anytime of their new policy. I waited 45 mins for deli to give me a turkey breast then I was told I couldn't use my blue evic coupon. They don't make enough turkey breasts and they sell out of turkeys fast so I was not able to use my coupon any sooner, if there weren't any turkey breasts. The manager on duty refused to let me use my evic coupon. I have been a loyal HT customer for at least 17 years but am seriously considering going to Publix now. I was so disappointed in Jamie the manager on duty at the Mountain Island Harris Teeter. I definitely am telling all my friends to not go to HT. We should have been given notice of their new policy and they should exchange the blues ones for the red ones. Terrible customer service. This store will definitely reap what it sowed today!

Original review: June 12, 2017

The Potomac Yards location was very nice when it first opened up a few years ago. They had a terrible flood & had to renovate. Since reopening the store hasn't been the same with customer service or stocking of product freshness in departments that has expiration dates that are readable to the customer. I don't know if management cares or what the issue is but the traffic of $$$ must be a lot less than they projected. Courtesy & freshness is a must in the grocery bag!!!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I had visit to my local Harris Teeter in Lansdowne today May 14, Mother's Day and our wedding anniversary also, I found a wonderful card to give my husband and would like to get some flower by myself for dining table. When I step by Floral Department, manager was out, but some old man, who was in orange vest was picking bouquets from small vases on floor and staking them over and over and over in one bigger black vase on floor. I picked up two peonies bouquets and it was a distant between water level and bouquets. Lots of them from the top of vase almost 18 inch, so a lot of flowers couldn't hydrate and lasting proper time. I am nicely said to that man- employee about flowers and water level way too below, he wouldn't and won't listen and started raising his voice on me and manipulate his hands by saying: They are OK, YOU, YOU ATE TIME OUT and showed to me ''time out'' hands sign...

I was in shock, be honest, I asked him what is his name? He did not say, but I saw his tag with name as a Nick. I said to him that, "It's not right to talk to customers like that, and I did not say anything wrong to you, it was a proper help," and he replied, "Oh, GO, GO and complain and I will tell, you are a LIAR!" I told manager in front-end about his attitude, she promised talk to him, but on my way out I saw him at the door and he started yelling at me again and again. My question is, WHY they are hiring emotionally not stable people for ruining our special days, birthdays, anniversaries and life, because we are all hard workers and want to be respectful! I left store without flowers...

Original review: May 10, 2017

On May 10, 2017 the Highland Creek store refused to prepare additional fried chickens during dinner shopping rush. This location usually does not prepare enough for customer volume (Less than 8 buckets) yet services an extremely highly populated community from Concord, Huntersville, Pineville, and North Charlotte. This refusal happened on three separate occasions while their least competent staff was working the bakery/deli department. I'll be taking my business to the nearby Publix and BI-LO in the future. Shame on them for investing in a lovely new in-store Starbucks and pizza cafe while hiring subpar underperforming staff.

Original review: April 18, 2017

On April 15, 2017 I visited the Fair Ridge Dr Fairfax VA store. I was at Customer Service to get Rainchecks (very common since the products they advertise are not in stock). They were new rain checks with a expiry date of 60 Days. I casually asked what happens to the previous Rain checks. The manager on duty Allen said they're not going to accept them past May 31, 2017. I informed him they don't expire. He said Corporate policy. Nowhere does it say they can be changed or they can stop refusing to accept them. Unethical behavior. Take your Business somewhere else! Harris Teeter is owned by Kroger. All they think about is making money!

Original review: April 4, 2017

For several weeks I have been able to purchase Gala Apples for 99c per lb. Best price in town! And for a healthy Apple Sauce, simply peel, core, and cut apples into pieces, place in enameled saucepan with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a very small amount of water. Simmer until soft, mash with potato masher (could be blended for a smoother apple sauce). And you have an inexpensive, healthy homemade apple sauce.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I hear the store director calls out which sections for security cameras to scan the moment I enter. It's insulting. Today, I returned the store brand whipped cream and 2 Sunkist smiles. She, the manager says "you return a lot of items. Is there anything I can do to make you happy with our products." I just said "I return anything that tastes off to me." Whether it's rotten, or an odd flavor, or it makes me sick. I have returned bakery, milk, eggs, some produce. She then says "don't forget to get your "FREE" cookies."

So I know that she was referring to my returning the store brand for cash and replacement. She believes I want free food. Harris Teeter dumps all the bakery, pizza, Asian and salad bar into the trash every night when they could donate it to the poor and she's insulting me for returning items that I think are spoiled, or are just not great tasting? She's young and classless and doesn't know how to speak to customers, that's why I will continue to shop at Publix. They don't track returns or what I have bought.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I started shopping at the Harris Teeter in Shirlington VA about 3 years ago. Their breads, milk, cello salads and spinach go bad before the Sell By date. This seems to be a "red-headed stepchild" store although it serves a fairly exclusive area. In the last year I've returned several products including milk, bread, peaches, and filet mignon which was full of sinew. I have half of a gallon of HT 2% milk in the refrigerator that's beginning to go bad with a Sell By date of Jan 25 (writing this Jan 16). My fridge works great and is always cold. I've stopped shopping in the produce section, nothing there is appealing. Recently they sold beautiful but HUGE apples, one of which I weighed at 3/4 lb. 3/4 lb apples are too big for a single person to finish so the rest usually goes into the trash. Btw the apples are priced by the pound.

But the most aggravating part of my shopping experience here are the parking meters in each slot in the covered lot adjacent to the store. The meters are labeled "Free Parking". Except in smaller type is "Push Button to Park" (or similar). So you must push the button to register 60 minutes' parking. It costs nothing and you can push it as many times as you're willing to stop shopping and run out to your car, but if you don't notice or forget to push the button you risk a parking cop leaving a ticket on your windshield with a $15 fine. Neither my wife or I had ever noticed the button until we received a ticket. I'd like to know what this accomplishes. Rushing your customers to finish their shopping in 60 minutes, making them furious when they receive a ticket, or minimal profits you receive while doing the aforementioned. Think about it guys, does this policy really benefit HT or its customers?

As others have written the only reason I shop here is its proximity to my home. HT needs to show a bit more care with its customers.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The store is well-lit, has wide aisles and the people who work here are very nice. They have excellent customer service and if they don't have a product available, they will substitute another product. Vic and e-Vic specials are excellent and they have lots of buy one get one free, and buy 2 get 3 free promotions. The other thing that I really like is their meals... you can get complete meals in the Fresh Foods section for 6 or 9 or $12 and they are an amazing value.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

This is the only market in walking distance so I have nowhere else to go. I wish I did, because most of the employees look at me like I'm garbage, and I hear the store director calls out which sections for security cameras to scan the moment I enter. It's insulting. Not only that, but I have taken home spoiled chicken, ground beef, bakery products, bacon and lunch meat. With ground beef, when you pull the plastic off the tray, you see another layer underneath. Then the smell hits you. Being handicapped and since walking is painful, I can't turn around and take it back. All I can do is toss it in the trash.

I run out of money every month because I'm stuck shopping here, and to buy food I can't even eat is a slap in my face. And I don't want to complain. I'm afraid they'll retaliate. This is not a high-end grocery. Their prices say so, but their atrocious store manager and customer service people make me wish a Giant Food were in its place.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I started shopping in this Harris Teeter since about 3 years ago. But in the last few months it has become unbearable. I used to like their breads for half of the times I bought it there but lately the breads are stale and sometimes even moldy. The personnel working at the bread stand seems uninterested when I tell them about the deteriorating quality of the bread products. Also I have been telling them for over a month now that their bread slicer is not working right because of huge holes in the middle of the bread, but they don't seem to care. I told the manager a few times but nothing has changed.

Besides the bread quality disaster, also a lot of their prepared dishes for sale in the deli section are spoiled! I had this happen to me a few times and of course I only discovered when I opened the container... Then the "fresh" products are not fresh at all. On several occasions I had bought kale and spinach pre-packed but "fresh" and when I opened it a stench of rotten greens was released in my kitchen! And the prices of products are high, but I guess that is because of the location of the store? For example a gallon of 1% lactose free milk is 6.07$ at HT (on sale) but at Wegmans I find the same gallon $4.5 (NOT on sale). And last but not least, the cashiers need training on how to pack products. For example, on multiple occasions my eggs were crushed and frozen products or meat not packed separately.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Stupid signs. Harris Teeter customers only one hour to eat. Certain people are allowed to stay in the store longer than one hour while paying homeless customers are harassed to leave and being watched by management repeatedly. Construction workers bring outside food in the store and nothing is said to them at all. The old town alexandria store manager is very anti-homeless and has favoritism when it comes to those who drive fancy cars and dress nice over the minority groups who shop there.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

The milk has a sell by date that is only a few days into the future and sometimes already past the sell by date. This is a regular occurrence. Consequently, the milk sours soon after the sell by date with at least half the gallon still in the jug. Surely, Harris Teeter can do better than this.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I regularly shop at Harris Teeter Northcross in Huntersville NC. There is a nasty employee by the name Melissa **. She is always loud and obnoxious with an annoying laugh like a hyena. Anyway. One Wednesday night a woman of ** descent came in with two kids. The kids were 2 and 3 at the most. The kids were being kids being loud and whatnot. This Melissa had the nerve to say that this woman was a bad mother because she popped one of the kids on the tush for showing out. How dare she?

This woman did not abuse her kids. The pop was so light, the kid didn't even cry. I also heard her mention "** women" then laugh. This woman has no business working here. How racist is that? Employees I've spoken to says she has an award for outstanding customer service. Really Harris Teeter? This woman is a fake, a phony, and a downright undercover racist. I may not return to your store as long as people like her work there.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I've been shopping at the Highland Creek Harris Teeter for about 10 years and it has gone steadily downhill. It has never been the best place to shop, but it's convenient. They are constantly out of stock on advertised items. You need an employee to find anything. Try finding an individual can of say V-8. You would think it would be on the juice aisle with the other juice and you would be wrong! Try ordering something from the deli department where the employees are among the most miserable employees (if there's one at the deli counter in the first place). You can stand at the deli counter, ring the bell, wave your hands and then find something else to buy since you aren't getting any service.

Employees in this department are not permitted to smile. You can buy some moldy berries, bad oranges, green potatoes or you can leave and go to Publix where you will find friendly employees willing to help with a smile. They are opening a Publix across the street from this miserable Harris Teeter and I think it will reduce the time you wait in line on a crowded end of work day as those of us who are disgusted with rotten produce, bad service and out of stock advertised items flock to Publix. They have expanded this store recently to include a Starbucks, a pizza bar and a salad bar. Prior to Publix building across, they could care less if the people using this store had any of these amenities. Motto should be Harris Teeter, Who Needs Customers.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Cubed steaks purchased at Harris Teeter in Old Town Alexandria VA 22314. My gum was more than likely punctured or agitated by the attempt to chew my steak. Currently, I struggle with headaches on the side I was chewing with. Not sure if it's due to the impact of the metal contacting my back molar but I certainly wasn't experiencing the frequent headaches prior to this incident. It seemed like my tooth may have chipped a bit as the molar now feels a little sharp when grazed by my tongue. Not sure if this will potentially become a problem. Currently it's just uncomfortable to touch. Hopefully, a dentist will be able to provide me with better understanding of the aftermath and discomforts I have succumb thus my purchase of cubed steaks from Harris Teeter on April 30, 2016.

Disappointment. With already suffering with OCD this experience will only intensify my condition. Apprehensive to eat as my appetite has decreased tremendously. I particularly feel depressed/disappointed in relation to being a long time Vic Member. I have isolated most of my grocery purchases to one Harris Teeter based on their brand. I have put great thought into how this incident occurred and can only hope others will not experience the same. The agony of wishing I didn't become sucked in by the "Buy One Get One FREE" deal. The Butcher who prepared and packaged those cubed steaks could have NOT known that a blade had been broken or perhaps attention was not focused at that very instance. How could the meat make it to the sales floor? How???

Proper protocol would have been to dispose of any and all product that came in contact with the blades during preparation. I am absolutely terrified to indulge in cube steak thus Sunday, May 1, 2016 for the remainder of my life. I don't eat alone. The thought of my children eating meat from this very same package of meat makes me nauseated. Oddly I am so grateful it was my steak that the blade fragment was in... A sense of relief. In still while discarding leftovers I noticed a chip of a blade in my Son's steak. I can only thank God for him not consuming that piece. I am taking pm meds to assist in falling asleep because unfortunately I am a being of calculated thinking so I continue to try and make sense of this incident not just for the safety of my family but for the safety of the public.

It's highly unlikely the one package of meat was the only tainted package... That is so far fetched. Which is more than likely the reasoning of overly thinking of this incident, day in and day out. I am hopeful this symptom will evaporate. The compulsive analyzing will eventually make the mind sick. With never experiencing a situation of this nature or magnitude: the time frame in which it will take to regroup is unknown. This ordeal has prompted the question of how much is my life worth? Is there a numeric number that would compensate and or that I could fathom exchanging for my life... Thus seeking dental work to repair the broken molar that HT initially extended to pay for that option has NEVER been revisited and also their representation has produced fraudulent pictures to support the action of not settling the damaged to my tooth and punitive damages as they clearly knew the machine was broken.

However they, HT, chose to still operate from the broken machine in which they were cited for by the Alexandria Health Dept. What amazes me is how they pay thousands, possibly billions amounts of dollars for insurance policies and legal representation. However, they will lie cheat and harm the public safety to SAVE a BUCK... Totally NOT COOL and very reckless. I am still shopping at HT. However, I choose to purchase my meats elsewhere. It is my intent to make the public aware of the operations and lack of integrity on HT part. I was never looking to get rich or file suit, however the gross negligence shown and demonstrated shall make HT accountable.

Original review: June 15, 2016

June 15 around 12 pm. I bought a few things and went to the register. There were a couple people in front of me and a few behind. Sue, the employee, kept eyeing me out of the line and gave me rude stares. I ignored it. Sue kindly completed their transaction and finally when it was my turn she would scan an item and slam it on the counter. She squished the bread and almost broke the eggs. The people in front did not have a VIC card as I did not either. When she asked for it I replied "I don't have one" and she rudely shouted, "Well fine then," rolled her eyes and told me the total. Just to see if others were noticing her behavior I turned around and everyone in line was shocked by her attitude.

As I completed the payment and the receipt printed she threw it on the counter. I left it there because of how rude she was and said "Why are you being so rude?" She stood there with her hand on her hip and stared at me offensively as I gathered my bags to leave. I believe she was discriminating against me (I was the only South Asian amongst Caucasians), but I am 100 percent sure she was completely disrespectful towards me. Sue was very ill-mannered and impolite. I don’t usually shop at Harris Teeters but this incident definitely will make me never want to give business to the store again.

Original review: June 10, 2016

The quality of food at HT is poor in my opinion. 3 times since January I have looked at their berries out for sale and could see mold growing on them. Their bakery doesn't really bake bread. They truck it to their Aldie, VA store from a commercial baker in DC. I bought a loaf last week that was so over aerated that there was a hole in the middle of the loaf that was 3.5" in diameter. So most of the bread was in fact air. They have made their loaves so small, you can't make sandwiches out of them. The also refuse to ever make cinnamon raisin bread which is the most popular in most places. Their fruit quality is very spotty. Many times by the time it comes off their trucks, the fruit is over ripe. Many times the fruit I buy from them has to be thrown out just a few days after buying.

HT sells extra wide Swifter for cleaning floors, but never the wet refills. Really??? HT lists their fish as "fresh" when it's clearly not. They don't tell the customer or label seafood that has been previously frozen then thawed. The also keep their "fresh frozen" fish for sale for up to 7 days. Wegman's is 5 days max in comparison. And when they say Fresh, they mean it. The last straw was yesterday where they were selling cold fruit drinks for $2.99 to $3.99. I went to a coffee shop in the same center and bought a fruit drink for $2.15. I also noticed that the egg foam packaging has gotten thinner and I get 1-2 cracked eggs in every dozen I buy. Too much ripping off the customer in my humble opinion. I try never to shop at HT anymore.

Original review: March 21, 2016

This is without a doubt, one of the most poorly run businesses I have had the misfortune of spending money in. None of the employees looked happy and seemed stressed. Manager doesn't help matters any by ignoring the obvious internal problems. Thank goodness Fresh Foods opened last year in Fayetteville, NC because that is where a lot of people, including myself have taken their business. A much more pleasant environment and better run by any standards.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

On Mondays Harris Teeter has pizza special, any pizza for $7.99. Last week I ordered two Pizzas, one with all veggies and one with pepperoni. When I brought it home and opened the boxes to find out to my surprise that the quantity of veggies and pepperoni was very skimpy. Skimpy to the extent that I really had to search for the toppings to find out where they are. This I feel is outright cheating.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

Yesterday I purchased two boneless skinless chicken breasts from the HT at Flowers Shopping Center in Clayton. I asked the butcher to butterfly the chicken breasts for me. He replied that they don't do that because of cross-contamination. I told him I would do it myself and left. The more I think about this the more annoyed I get. They evidently handle chicken somewhere behind the counter or they wouldn't have it in the display case. I think he just didn't want to do it. Wish I had gotten his name so I could talk with the manager.

Original review: July 17, 2015

My fiance & I have been shopping at Harris Teeter for years now. Being on a budget we've always used coupons occasionally (she more than I). We're not shelf clearers. Normally at store #88 we're treated with respect and the customer service is great. Yesterday we went in and were checking out and 3 of our coupons didn't scan. Any case like this before and someone from customer service came and manually put them in for us. Instead, the actual store manager came over wouldn't take them and wasn't even nice. He was cold and then walked away. I will not be shopping there anymore! I expect to be treated like every other customer.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I did a beer demo in Harris Teeter park Rd. I been doing demos for 20 years. I have never been talk to the way that manager talk to me at my company. I purchased the ice, the beer or wine we don't pay for. I had the paper to show him at the end of demo, I took remainder that was left to customer service. He said I should have paid for the product. I never want to work in that store or shop. He said he don't care what my paper said, it was awful. They lost my business.

Original review: June 23, 2015

I went this night to use the web checks to get a milk for my little 4 month old son. It was just two on shelf and I have four on the check. They did not help me with any solution to get the other cans just we have to follow the book. I asked "what kind of book let a 4 month without milk? What kind of rules do that?" But like I'm talking to a robot doesn't have any mercy. Yes they let me go without milk even I'm a regular customer or they didn't help me because I was wearing a different religion clothes. Me and my older son. But I'm sure they didn't do all their effort to found it in stock. Other stores are closed and my son crying and thanks a lot employee of Harris Teeter at Park Rd in Charlotte NC.

Original review: June 9, 2015

On May 31, 2015 my wife and I went to the Harris Teeter in Waxhaw NC at Cureton. After about 30 minutes of shopping and a hand basket full of items, I find a check-out lane with one woman who has a few hand basket of items checking out and got in line. Immediately I noticed the cashier stopped checking and an older woman employee came to assist. The older woman was holding what appeared to be a check and was entering information into the register. She entered the information apparently with no success and re-entered. Again no success with what she entered and she tried again. After 5 or 6 times of entering what seemed like the same information, no success. At this time I saw 4 different customers in line in different lines checked out and leaving. She tried again and no success. By this time I had been in line for 10 minutes and was wondering if I had made a big mistake with this line.

I spoke and suggested she may want to have this transaction performed at the customer service counter and she snapped at me and said I could get into another line. At this time all lines were 3 or 4 deep and I felt trapped. Finally another woman employee came to help. She did the same input into the register 2 times and no success. I was feeling like I was going to spend my afternoon waiting in line as it had been close to 20 minutes by that time. I spoke and asked if the second woman could check me out at the customer service desk. The older woman whispered to the second woman who then left the register. I asked again and was told by the older woman yes she can check you out at the CS desk. I left the line, placed my basket on the CS counter and watched as the second woman went to the self service station. I'm like "What's going on??"

I went over to the second woman at the self service station and asked if she planned to check me out as I was told? This woman then snapped at me and said I would have to wait. I stated "I had already waited 20 minutes and would you please check me out?" She shouted at me with many expletives, I would have to wait another 20 minutes. At this time I was appalled and took out my phone to take a picture of her for reference. She then came over to me and snatched the phone from my hand and threw it at a shopping buggy and started cursing me. I was totally shocked and asked for the manager. At this time another woman employee came to the CS counter and said she would check me out but was very snarky. About this time the manager came and asked what the problem was. The woman checking me out started telling him how this was all screwed up and started cursing.

The manager then said he would check me out and did not respond to this woman's insubordinate behavior. While checking me out all the manager said when I questioned what was happening, he would review the video and I could call him later. My wife at this time was waiting outside. Finally I got my groceries checked and left, meeting my wife outside. She told me there were employees outside yelling and cursing, 2 were the last two employees I encountered. We left and the next day I sent HT a complaint by email.

Next day I was told I would receive a call from the store director. Over the next 3 days not call. I responded to HT corporate there was no call and was replied to the next day that there was nothing they could do? What the heck is going on with this company? It was so good before Kroger bought it. I've been a customer for over 20 years and never had such blatant display of disrespect by employees and customer service. I will be shopping at Publix from now on and will go out of my way not to do business with this company and suggest others do the same. It is very sad as this company was so good but now is downright shameful. No more, my biz is going Plublix.

Harris Teeter Company Information