2. Shopping

Giant Foods

Giant Foods
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Giant Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Giant?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Heather, the bakery manager at the Harford Road store, took such great care of us. I ordered a birthday cake for my nephew who beat cancer throughout his body in this last year. Heather was kind and more than accommodating with creating a cake that represented his life and the hope for things to come. It was just a wonderful experience. Thank you!

Original review: July 6, 2020

Ms. ** who is the store manager for Giant Foods in Potomac, MD, is an excellent manager. She is caring and goes above and beyond to take care of shoppers. I asked her the same thing I asked several other local store managers. She took responsibilty, took care of the matter and delivered her promise. I felt welcomed and respected as customer. I wish her the best!

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

My doctor told me to see a nutritionist because of borderline prediabetes. Giant, where I often shop for groceries, sent me an ad for a free Saturday morning seminar on diabetes and prediabetes. A nutritionist gave a presentation, which was helpful, and said we could get individual consultations for $25, which would be refunded in the form of a $25 Giant gift card. I signed up for an individual consultation, which was thorough and helpful, covering everything I eat in a week with suggestions for improvements. Afterwards, the nutritionist showed me some recommended products on the shelves, walking around the store with me.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Karen, the store manager at Shrewsbury, PA Giant Store, remembered my telling her that my father is on oxygen and at high risk on one of my previous visits. When she saw me today, she asked what I was looking for. She had me remain at customer service while she went and got my items. I was also allowed to pay at the customers service counter. I consider that customers service above and beyond. Thank you Karen!!

Patricia

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

At the Giant in Aston PA the overnight women named Teresa is one of the most ignorant and disgusting women I've have ever come had to deal with. She did nothing but complain about her job and her husband Joe cursing up a storm and every time I've ever gone in this store she makes you feel extremely uncomfortable. I'm not sure what she's trying to accomplish but I will no longer shop at this store because of her. I've heard her make racial slurs and laugh at them. I can't believe she thinks this type of behavior is on.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I just got back from Giant in North Wales, PA. The cashier was NOT WEARING GLOVES during this pandemic, and neither was the person who bagged my groceries. I didn't notice when she started bagging or I would have asked her to stop. What's worse, she picked up my purse out of my cart WITHOUT ASKING and WITH HER UNGLOVED HANDS and set it in the bagging area so she could fit the groceries in my small cart. Now all my groceries, the bags, and my purse have been touched by two people without gloves, who have been taking money from people, who may have been touching their faces, etc. Why would Giant bother implementing social distancing measures if they're going to continue with this dangerous practice?

Original review: April 8, 2020

Yes this is a very chaotic and crazy time in this county but I would expect that if a corporation like Giant Foods rolls out curbside delivery they would have perfected the implementation. We waited a week for a time slot, dutifully sent in a very long shopping list which include much needed items for our Passover celebration. This was to be picked up Tuesday 6-7. At 5 PM got a call the system was down but it would definitely be pulled this evening and only things like toilet paper and paper towels would be missing (totally understandable). My kids went to get it and came home with maybe a third of the order and no invoice. Told they couldn’t print one, I have no idea what they charged my credit card but I do know that now the night before Passover I am scrambling to find foods we must have.

Why couldn’t they have been honest at 5 PM, they never even called to say come get it, we had to track them down. I know things are frantic especially at grocery stores but all I am asking for is common decency and adequate communications so in this land of abnormality I can try and introduce some normality for my kids in the form of a Passover Seder. Now we have nothing to do that with and I will wake up at 5 AM tomorrow and try searching for even one box of matzah let alone everything else that is needed. You can’t tell me Giant was out of rice, cranberry sauce, potatoes, onions, etc. in Rehoboth. Just be honest people and communicate. We all have to live with some degree of flexibility but it is hard to do so when you are not given the facts. Thank you Giant for ruining our holiday and not caring one bit!

Original review: April 6, 2020

Havertown and Broomall Giant Food Stores. April 6, 2020: Both of these stores are still empty and nothing is in the paper or cleaning sections of the store. They both look like nothing has been restocked in months. Just so you know the ACME stores around us my have lower stock, but they are filling the shelves as fast as they can and the stores of ACME look better stocked and even cleaner. We will never be shopping at Giant ever again. They suck with the way they keep their stores stocked on normal business days and now with this COVID19 pandemic it is ever worse. We will never shop Giant stores again and will tell everyone we know not to go there in the future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I recently shopped at giant in Owings Mills Blvd..the new Giant 2318. It’s horrible. The customer service is terrible.. The worst is the management.. Every time I go in there it’s always a problem with the management.. Lisa..she is so nasty.. she walk around like she’s better than everybody, better than the cashiers, better than all the employees. And she acts as if it’s a problem to help the customers, last time I was in there shopping she in there bouncing around walking extra fast as if she was so busy, and when I stopped her to ask her a question, she rolled her eyes and turned around, I guess she thought I didn’t see her but I did..

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I went to Giant store located 65 RT611 Bartonsville. Did a little shopping and came to a cashier to pay. Said hi. While cashier scanning my few items I tried to scan my bonus card and scanner beeped but we saw nothing on screen. Tried it twice more and same thing happened. Cashier started to get crazy and told me by whispering "why don't you give it to me?" with an angry face. I gave the card to her and she scanned. Same thing happen beep but we did not see anything on screen. She started to go back and forth by murmuring and act like I did something wrong which I just scanned my bonus card.

You cannot imagine the act that I have faced by that cashier and I told her, "I will talk to your manager." She said, "Whatever." I got my bags and went to manager. He listened to me and went to her register while I am watching him and came back to me and said sorry. Offered me 10$ gift card which I didn't get it. She ruined the rest of my day and seems like continue to do others to.

Giant Foods Company Information