Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Food Lion Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2020

I waited a week before grocery order was filled; and most products were sold out; the receipt don't show refund totals, the strawberries had a dirty red color and container was half empty already. A call from my shopper would have been preferred. This would give a shopper an idea how to personal shop for Food Lion clients.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I tried to order products online for home delivery, and when I was asked to enter my MVP customer number, I was told it was invalid. I tried multiple times. Absurd. I've used this card on multiple occasions at Food Lion. Publix now has a new online ordering customer.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2020

The manager was operating a checkout. To open a bag for checkout he licked his fingers first. I don't think that is a good idea today, wasn't a year ago, won't be next year. I asked him if he knew what he did. He replied yes but that he wasn't touching my food. Of course he was. He said he wasn't sick; how would he know what he was exposing me to and himself.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I shopped at Food Lion on E. Main Street Rock Hill SC 29730. One of the store managers rang me out. In conversation with him, it was stated that he "was not allowed" to order certain items (note: This during the COVID-19 national emergency) that they are out of, like eggs, cheese, beef, chicken, Etc. and when these staples to life were ordered, the order was not filled. I thought that was a bit odd. I drove across town to a more affluent section of town and went to Food Lion there. To little surprise, that store has these essential items such as eggs, cheese, milk, chicken, beef, Etc. This is being bias, prejudice... at its simplest term, selective. Being prejudice is illegal. I will NEVER return to a Food Lion store.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The meat has been getting worse. You can't have anything sliced (no saw) the meat is fatty, they hide the bad side on the bottom. I worked in Food lion meat dept for years and know the quality has really gone down. I'll be going to Costco from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Food Lion?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

There was this old guy staring at me. He made me very uncomfortable. He was looking me up and down. He had his eyes penetrated on my chest. I seen him three times in the store doing the same thing. When I was checking out I asked the cashier, "Who is that guy?" She said his name was Larry **. I ask her, "Does he work here?" She said, "No." He was from corporate office. My husband is very very pissed off and we will never shop in that store again after 25 years.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have been to this store a number of times and always end up overcharged and get home to find out my meat was spoiled, I can't understand why the state does not do something about this, I am too old and to sick to deal with spoiled meat.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I shopped at Food Lions in Clayton and Knightdale. I spend about 160 a week. I revived a twenty dollar coupon at the Knightdale store Nov 22. The receipt was very faded and needed the printer to be replaced. You can see, if you bother to look, that it expires two weeks from nov 22, which is tomorrow. I tried to use on my $60 order today and the cashier could not read it so I was told to go back to Knightdale. Well. I will go to Lowe’s or Harris Teeter. I worked eight years in Lowe’s as cashier and front office. We would NEVER refuse a coupon because our own printer made it difficult to read. We replaced them way before they were in such bad shape. You can plainly see the date and coupon. I have learned a lesson. Cannot wait for more Wegmans to open. They know how to treat customers.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

On Sunday, November 24, 2019, I bought groceries at Food Lion, 251 Faith Road, Salisbury, NC. Upon return, I found that two rolls of raw pork sausage were placed in a bag with frozen vegetables and most importantly cheese slices. Although the cheese was wrapped, sometimes when cheese is opened, it may come in contact with either the wrapper or hands having handled the wrapper which then causes food contamination and even food poisoning. The sausage wrappers were greasy from the raw meat.

I have over the years requested that raw meat be placed away from non-raw items and from raw vegetables which may be eaten without heating. I have had little success in this separation. I have even gone to managers over the years with little success. Unfortunately, I was not able to catch this till I got home. Usually I would try to bag the raw meat myself and when they put cooked meat with raw, I would try to stop them before the contamination, sometimes without success. I feel that in the process of running their business, customers' concerns are not listened to.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Why won't Food Lion go all natural on their bakery items? Wal-Mart is doing most of their bakery items such as pound cake, cake and cupcakes as all natural, no preservatives, no high fructose corn syrup, no food coloring and it is delicious! Why can't Food Lion do the same? This is just a suggestion but Food Lion's baked goods are loaded with high fructose corn syrup, presevertive and food coloring, all which is very bad for health. I don't need my red velvet cake to be really red if that food color red 4 is cancerous. The taste is what matters.

Food Lion Company Information