3.50/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Food Lion

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

104 Food Lion Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Food Lion has by far the worst grapes I have ever bought. I have bought them at multiple food lions, multiple times, and every time, they are terrible!! Every time I buy them, they are soggy and have a terrible flavor. I had my husband run and pick me up some and he did not inspect the bag to see how they looked. The ones he grabbed had mold all in the bottom of the bag. We should not have to inspect the bag to make sure there is not mold. The Food Lion is close to our house so I keep trying to give them chance after chance and every time they are absolutely horrible. I will only be buying my grapes from Walmart from here on. You definitely need to fix this situation in ALL of your stores. It's disgusting.

Resolution response: Aug. 20, 2019

I was suprised to see a small refund in my bank account. I am still charged for missing item. Thats okay at least I got something back. I will never leave Walmart grocery delivery again! They are 100% on point, polite service and you don't tip the driver until after you receive your order and its correct!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I tried grocery delivery with Food Lion first time yesterday. Logged in to Instacart, began my order, was asked for MVP card number, sales prices savings appeared. Next screen everything much higher including tip I included and savings disappeared! The site said they place a hold higher than the grocery order on my card. That was fine. I assumed my sale prices would come back. They didn't! One item was never received yet I was charged for it. Instacart said they would credit my next order.

When I later complained about sale prices they refused to accept responsibility stating I didn't order from them, I must of ordered from Food Lion??? You are Food Lion! My order accepted email is from Instacart. Do not use this service!!! I was a regular Food Lion customer, now they lost me permanently over their lack of responsibility for mistakes. Even the driver pulled up in the driveway of the house across the street. I still tipped her, wish she had checked my order so I had everything first. :(

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Living in Burgaw, N.C., I have only two choices of a supermarket without traveling an inconvenient distance -- Food Lion or Piggly-Wiggly (which I do not care for at all). I am satisfied with Food Lion in general. The one point I find mildly objectionable is the fresh produce section. I find many items are of a lesser quality than I would like.

For instance, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and the like sometimes have obviously been kept too long -- skins starting to wrinkle or bad spots in them, fresh beans and carrots sometimes rubbery. Corn with dry husks and kernels not crisp. Potatoes are of lesser than top-grade, ie many imperfections, green surfaces from being grown partially uncovered giving them a bitter taste unless peeled very thick thereby wasting a goodly portion, and more than a few have black cores when cut. I was raised on a farm where we grew a lot of our own produce and I was a long haul truck driver hauling much produce to market. I DO know of which I speak. Thank you for listening.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I used to shop Food Lion. I left for their poor service. I decide to give them another try. They are not any better. I tried their To-Go service, ordered 6 items. They only had 3 even though their site said in stock. I am still holding a rain check from November of last year for a frozen Turkey breast. They keep saying should be here next week. I stop trying to redeem after it was costly just keep driving there.

Original review: June 20, 2019

The Food Lion in Westwood shopping center in Fayetteville, NC has the worse customer service. I have shopped here for years, however I have noticed a decline in the professionalism of the clerks. They do speak, or talk to you. They do not say thank you or maintain eye contact. What has happened?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Food Lion?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I recently purchased chicken cutlets that were tough. Couldn't bite into it, like it was grissle. I couldn't even finish my meal. I saved a piece to bring back to the store. Even the chicken that is already cooked tastes awful. Even a a whole chicken roasted doesn't taste right. They need to stop buying from the company and investigate what the heck they are doing to their chickens. I will not buy chicken again.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Some weeks ago I sent a complaint to Food Lion's "contact us" link about the Food Lion milk I purchase so frequently going bad before the stamped expiration date. As I wrote, I realize I could get reimbursed the $1.50 or whatever it cost by taking my sour milk carton back to the store -- but that isn't even the point. It's the inconvenience of not being able to count on having milk I can drink in my refrigerator when the expiration date isn't near.

Yesterday -- weeks after my comment -- I got an emailed response telling me, basically, that the milk was sour because I don't drink it within seven days of opening it -- which was a complete (and false) assumption on the part of Food Lion. I was shocked by this lack of customer service. At least pretend you're going to check your suppliers, or check the refrigeration at the store where I said I shop. I don't think I've ever received a response from a company that was so dismissive of a customer. This doesn't happen to me with other grocers' milk I buy. And Food Lion really doesn't care.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Every time I go to Food Lion to get a sale item it’s the same story. It didn’t come in on the truck every time and now when I ring the bell for the meat dept they won’t even come out. Specifically meat and seafood I have this issue.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have seen this promotion on going at my neighborhood Food Lion in Charlotte, NC 5624 N. Graham St. I purchased 5 of the items, but upon reviewing my receipt I couldn't see where I was credited for the $5 savings. I called the store and was told to come back for the $5 refund. My thought is how many people has this happen to that did not notice the credit was given!? This promotion has been going on for long time. First time they had 5 items I wanted. I always double check my receipts in any store. Find issues with Food Lion a lot... way too often. They are making a killing scamming people this way. They need to be charged by law enforcement.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I wanted to buy a Prime Rib for my friends that were coming by for an early Holiday gettogether. Since I have very few places to shop here in Erwin TN., I went into Food Lion to purchase a 5 pound standing prime rib beef roast. From the way the roast was shown in its package it looked like a good buy at 7.99 per pound. It was prepared by their own instructions to set the oven at 475 degrees for the first 15 minutes and then drop the temp to 325 degrees for 15 minutes per pound for a total time of one hour and a half. No problem here at all. When it was taken out of the oven, the meat thermometer read 130 degrees and we let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it. The temp rose to 140 degrees just a little above rare.

When I started to cut into the roast is where I saw a huge problem with this roast of a lot of fat and gristle throughout this roast and from cutting into it found it hard to cut into. There was two large bones attached to this roast that were cut off and as far as the actual meat itself = taste was far from tender and very hard to chew. If I didn't know any better, I would say this roast came from a Steer - not a cow. I contacted the home office by e-mail about the quality of this roast the very next day in Salisbury NC and as of the date of this posting - they haven't contacted me at all about this concern by phone or e-mail. So to all reading this - BUYER BEWARE TO ALL. NEVER AGAIN FROM FOOD LION.

Food Lion Company Information