Food 4 Less

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a parent that goes all out for my children's bday, being that they only get one a year. With that being said I make sure I try to get the best quality cakes and other items. This year for my daughter's 6th birthday my theme was Sophia the first. Jasmine in the bakery department assured me that the cup cake dress would be great and I can truly say she met above and beyond my expectations. Not only did it look beautiful just like Sophia's dress but it taste great as well. I just really wanted to acknowledge Jasmine in the bakery department in Hammond, Indiana. She was respectful and professional and did a great job. Thanks again for superb customer service.

I, Crystal ** has intent to sue Food 4 Less for emotional, mental, racial profile, slander, defamation of my character, ask to search or order me to open search my purse without a search warrant. RE: Racial Profile at Food 4 Less at location: 1245 Sanborn and Long Beach Blvd, time: 9:00-9:15 am, date:08-07-2016.

What Happen? I Crystal** went into Food 4 Less at the above address. Beforehand I purchase a couple of spicy chicken biscuit at 7-11 when I went into Food 4 Less probably for a 5 minutes flow before I change my mind about buying more food..

When I first came into the store I grabbed a electronic push cart due to my legs being swollen. I'd been up all night and had been walking so I wanted to sit down off my feet. Upon changing my mind from buying food I was using the electronic cart to keep me off my feet to the bus stop which wasn't that far from Food 4 Less, matter of fact right in front of the store.

I get real bad water gain due to high blood pressure while using the cart towards the bus stop. I heard someone say "Mam, mam.." So I knew she probably want the electronic cart back, I said it's not that serious. The manager on duty said that approach me which was ** said this to me. "Why don't you give me what you put in your purse?" I said, "What? What are you talking about?"

I explain to her that my leg was swollen from being up all night that's why I AM in the electronic cart. Two security guys was with me. She said a customer said they seen me put something in my purse? Huh, so you approach me base off the words of a customer? I told the store manager "she has no right to discriminate against me." I told her she racial profile, false accused me for taking thing from the store, illegal ask to search my phone, on their video will show me, refuse to give me their name and badge identity and corporate number.

First, I want to thank Bee. The woman who saved my son's 4th Birthday party. This past weekend was our son's birthday celebration and the original cake-maker in our crafting circle fell through with our Ninja Turtle cake. So with that and a day to find a cake, the stress was on the find a delicious birthday dessert in time, and our budget. After calling many grocery stores in search of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake, large enough, and to be prepared by the time of party. Basically, my options were running low, and looking very dim at this point.

My oldest daughter asks, looking from her phone, "Have you called Food 4 Less?" This was my next call. And to my surprise I was greeted with excellent customer service as I waited for Bee to check the schedule for our dream cake. She explained that they were extremely booked and said can't take anymore orders right now??? I quickly explained our situation and basically begged her to so something like a child to a mother. She not only listened to my needs (and wants) but then met and exceeded them to the fullest. She says, "Hold on. Let me see what I can do". After a moment, "Can you be here in 30 mins to place your order?" "I'll be there in 10 min" I said eagerly. She's not only attentive but she was understanding. She singlehandedly saved my son's party. I couldn't thank her enough. I was able to pick up our cake the next day just before our guests arrived. THANK YOU BEE FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!!

My wife and I are both seniors on disability. We have been issued a bank card that Chase Bank told us we can use as a credit or debit card. The card has a chip on it. My wife went shopping at a Food 4 Less grocery store in Harbor City, California. She had a cart full of groceries she wanted to purchase. When she went to use her bank card on "credit" to purchase her groceries the store requested she to submit a pin number. We do not use pin numbers because of identity thief problems. Can you imagine the embarrassment of having to leave the groceries there and walking out of the store with nothing.

Food 4 Less tells us it's a bank problem. Bank says that's not true. Our bank manager says he has a Food 4 Less near his house and he has no problem using his card as "Credit" without using a pin numbers. We called Food 4 Less corporate office today 5-17-16 at 1:40 PM and spoke to supervisor "Kia" (I believe that's her name) and she confirmed that is the store's policy. We will no longer do our grocery shopping at Food 4 Less.

If you are anything like me and you use coupons you will understand my frustration all too well. Every time I download digital coupons and go to the Food 4 Less on 103rd street in Los Angeles, CA the system does not recognize or add my coupons so in turn I end up with items being rung up for full price that I intended on getting at a cheaper price because I have COUPONS! It's so frustrating! If they aren't going to honor the coupons then it would be best just not to offer them!!! Meat and poultry sit on the cookie isles because there isn't enough help for go-backs. This store although it's in an urban area gives Kroger a bad name. The store is needed but just because the area is poverty stricken doesn't mean those of us of have to shop in this area should be subjected to poor quality of service. IT'S WRONG!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Food 4 Less?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Hello I went shopping with my two boys on January 20th and a incident happen. After we paid for our food we were walking thru the doors to leave as our cart locked. The basket launched forward halfway and hit me in the stomach and left me injured. The basket knocked the wind out of me. We did not understand what had happen and why it locked when a cashier came out and told us we had stolen and that is why it locked. She falsely accused us and after telling her I got injured she did not care and did not apologize for what had happened. She just kept accusing us and told us we could pick up a complaint with the store director. We called the store director just for him to hang up on us, so we went outside and the store director George took a copy of our receipt and told us that Vincent would be there today. We called today and no response.

Cashier #** was rude on a recent visit to Food4Less while shopping at the March Lane store.

I have always been a good customer to Food 4 Less. Now I recently moved from Los Angeles to San Gabriel by Temple city and to find out there is no Food 4 Less here I'm really upset cause I have two kids and I cook everyday. This city really needs a Food 4 Less here. Please make one here near my area.

Problem: All the Food for Less in the area seem to be out of my preferred sugarless coconut almond milk. Then, I find it, only to find it priced higher than the store down the street from my grandmother's house. I asked for the manager to inquire about and exchange of the milk I have from the store on my street. Rather than calling a manager as I requested, a checker tells me she is acting manager and that she will not exchange my milks purchased at another food for less for a different flavor because she can tell from the computer scan that the milk is a different price.

There was an angry customer with many groceries in line behind me who asked her to check her out so she could leave. I once again asked her to speak to a store manager. The checker tells me that she is the acting manager. I asked her to give me the number to her corporate office and she tells me that she will call the manager. This is over a price difference in milk from a Food for Less one more exit over, less than a mile and 1/2 away. I know that for exchanges of items the price make no difference for an exchange, at least it hasn't the last couple of years I have shopped and worked for grocery and my mother has worked for grocery and my husband and every other time I have exchanged bad or wrong items. However, today this employee decides to act as if I am taking something from her personal pocket and she wants to play manager, until I ask for the corporate number. Meanwhile, my handicapped aunt is still sitting in the car waiting for me to get out and take her home with the sugarfree milk.

Scenario: Checker, whose name I neglected to get. She was about 5'6 with tattoos on her right forearm, black hair, medium length, she wore it pulled back in a mid length bun. I believe she is of hispanic descent. I stood in the back of the line with three Califia milks and asked if she could call the store manager. She asked me what the problem was. She asked if I needed a price check. I told her I would like to speak with the acting manager. She told me to stay in line and she would help me. Background: Food for less on Imperial and Long Beach are out of stock on Califia toasted almond coconut milk 6/10/15. The milk was priced at $2.99. This is a dollar cheaper than the price I saw in Maywood at the Food For Less on Slauson and Pine Ave 6/09/15 $3.99 the morning before, and they were also out of stock.

This time I asked an employee at the Imperial location to check in the back for me. After checking he found there was no more milk available, I asked for a rain check. He spoke to the lady who was "acting manager" or "team..." is what she calls herself. I have seen her there numerous times, tall, she wears a short, high bun in her hair, and wears it pulled back. The male employee who helped me told me that the manager said that rain checks are only given for things that are in the sell paper. I did not bother to check the sell paper to see if the milk was there because I have never personally seen Califia milk advertised in a sell paper. What is the deal with the customer service around these parts. When do the food for less in the area get the new stock in? Why are the prices different from Los Angeles to Lynwood. They are both poor areas.

Went to the food 4 less on Hollywood & Sunset and these disgusting people can't even check what and what not is expired. My kids got a stomach ache after drinking expired juice. I call & complain and the manager tells me "ok what’s your point how?" ** rude. I can't even get an "I'm sorry." Shame on your so called manager.

I checked the Food 4 Less online ad, verified the dates of availability and made my list. Almost none of the items were available for the advertised prices. Nearly all were being sold for higher amounts. I had to take the bus, which is a major trip. Now that I know the ad was just bait and won't be honored, I won't be back. They got my money today because I did not have the time or energy to make a trip to another store. Food 4 Less won't get any more money from me. I've learned my lesson.

As I was leaving Food 4 Less my cart locks on me right on the exit door hitting me hard on the front of my right leg. Right away I get the help of one of the cart guys and security guy as they are trying to unlock the cart and could unlock it they start dragging it out. Meanwhile I'm in pain lifting up my pant, I show them it's bruising and getting swollen. I ask the cart guy "can I get a manager?" He runs to help get him out. ** the manager comes out already piss off asking, "Why it happen? Did you go through our registers cause this normally doesn't happen," he try accusing me of a thief now. I ask "can I get an ice pack?" He said "we don't provide any. I can get you some from the meat department," total ass. I ask "let me file an incident report," he say "we don't offer incident reports unless you ask for one."

Then he runs back inside the store, brings me an icepack and says "here you go and if something really happened here we have cameras on out entrance and exit door," well guess what ass good you tell me that this manager was a total punk. When he brought the icepack he thought I was just going to leave, so I said "thanks for the ice supposedly you didn't have but I still want to file the incident report." He's all mad say "follow me." I tried following as fast as I can but now I'm limping and lost him for a minute. Ok he comes back out, throws me the paper, and still has the nerve to say I don't have any witness. I said the security guard, he says "no he doesn't count, he does not work for us." The cart guy finally, he just gave me the cart guy's name, went home, called corporate office's managers at Food 4 Less, seriously need training on how to give good customer service.

On Jan 21st, I shopped at Food 4 Less, the store at 112 W 87th St. Purchased 4 cans of Campbell Chunky Soup. I had a Food 4 Less coupon from the weekly sale paper that said .79 with coupon limit 6 per customer with additional $10.00 purchased. I met all the criteria yet they would only give me two cans at .79. Head cashier wasn't trying to make me a happy customer. So I called corporate not once but twice; but no response. I have a case #**.

You will slowly lose your faithful and dedicated customers that were comfortable with the prices on your meat selections. Now Smiths Food will double their prices on meat and everything else. Why do you think it was called Food-4-less in the first place? That was the only place that I could go and many other families that are on fixed incomes and that pretty much live pay check to pay check. But, apparently you don't care about the consumer which just so happens to be the customers that were giving you their hard earned money. What a slap in the face! I hope this merging together backfires in your face for what you did to families that are low income!!! Corporate bigwigs are always ** over the little guys at the lower end of the food chain!!! I'm still winning **!

Last week I had a very bad experience at El Centro store. I asked for a rain check from one day past due specials for two bags of potatoes for only .99c. each (a night before, I spent $237.59 in Calexico store). Cashier told me that he could not give me any rain check because it was one day expired. I asked him to talk to his manager and I talked to Chuck (name). He asked me where I live and I told him in Calexico, 15 miles from that store and he asked me why I do not go to Calexico to buy all I want there. I answered because I had a doctor's appointment in El Centro and I just stopped there to buy what I need. I commented that people in Calexico do not have any kind of such problems and he called Jose at Calexico's store and I think he was calling FBI, Police Dept. Fire Dept, etc. etc. (smiles) because he spent about 10 minutes to attend my purchase only $ 1.98 total sale. And when he came back he told me that he needs to be checking his store profile etc. which customer do not care about profiles, customer just want to buy cheap food according to U.S. economy. Thanks for your time and I hope you really follow up to this matter.

Food 4 Less/Kroger are a union-busting organization using scare tactics against their employees and encouraging them to resign their union. The company is refusing to negotiate a realistic contract on their workers' behalf. If Food 4 Less/Kroger are successful, the workers will suffer from frozen pay rates and benefits. Please boycott all Food 4 Less stores and encourage the workers to stand tall and fight for their rights. In addition, please boycott all Ralph's stores (also Kroger owned) to show that no company has the right to such unfair treatment of their employees.

Although I did get your Email I never heard back from your store manager but, as a consumer as well as, a retail manager myself we are always told that the consumer is right and to try to make a simple shopping trip memorable. This trip was just that form the moment I tried to checked out so much so I wanted to share it with other people around me and with today's interconnected media I wanted to let others know what to expect out of there form food-4-less. I will end up not ever going back to any food 4 less and rather as a cumsummer take advantage of Walmarts ad price match.

Original Review

I have shopped at Food-4-Less for as long as I can remember while I lived In Van Nuys, CA back in 1998 and every time I pass one, I tend to stop in. Now I have seen and I am familiar with the pallets stacked to the bottom of the sign and when we come across a good deal we tend to buy more. Well this morning I was just going to get coffee and cookies for work when I came across what looked to be a good deal, Powerade 3 for $1.00 not too crazy of a price so I grabbed 3 cases off while the Coke rep. was there stacking the Powerade in front of the sign as you walk in to the store where all of their best deals are.

I even found Rockstar $.89 when you buy 6 so I get to the register and get hit with sticker shock just under $50.00. I asked thinking the computer has not been updated on the Powerade and I am told no they’re $.89 a piece. The cashier threw me attitude like I don’t know what I am talking about and asked a co-worker to check the price. Without even thinking about it, he said, “Yeah, they are 3 for $1. I just saw them.” Then she tell him to go check and make sure. By this time she is on the phone telling her co-workers to get rid of the sign. The head checker comes over to tell me the sign is wrong and it is for another product even though there is no product name on the sign. By this time the co-worker has come back to confirm the price once more and now there are two Food-4-Less workers taking away the sign.

I asked to speak to a Manager and, the Co- manager comes out, he said, “Yeah sorry I know the sign is up with new product but we can give you 6 Powerades for that price but not 45.” So they admit the price was there and they would not honor it. I then asked for a corporate number and now I am running late for work. If this was any other store, Albertson, Wal-Mart, Vons or even Smith/Kroger, their parent store, there would not even have questioned the price after seeing it but I get the run around at Food-4-Less, I just don’t get it. Anyway I call the corporate number and get “It’s up to the manager, sorry, too bad.” After today I will never shop at another Food-4-Less again. It’s not like there is one even close to where I live but when I drive by one I tend to stop in and buy at least a cart of groceries.

8530 Tobias Ave, Panorama City, CA 91402 - my wife and my 2 children come from Walmart store to buy Pampers and wipes, so I tell my wife to go inside. I was getting a shopping car and I find it. These security guys try to check the stroller with my wife pregnant and 2 kids. I was so mad about this, I asked the security guys if he always does this to the other people, no answer. So I told him to call the manager because we're gonna complain about his action. We spoke to the manager and the manager got angry and kicked us out like animals. He agreed with the security guy, so we left because we do not want more problems but we feel like criminals. The manager, he's really a jerk and really rude.

I recently made a purchase at Food 4 Less in Rialto and bought 3 bushels of Cilantro (which were marked "Cilantro" and tied up in a bundle), after making a large amount of ceviche using those bushels of "Cilantro" and taking a bite of my dish, I find out it tastes bitter like Parsley with a cilantro taste!! After complaining to the person "in charge" at that market, I come to find out that a few of my friends that shop at Food 4 Less in another city had the same problem! Rialto and Ontario Food 4 Less.

I wrote a check at Food 4 Less which did not clear the first time, but it did clear the second time it was presented to the bank. They then took it upon themselves to automatically deduct a $25.00 fee from my bank account without prior knowledge or contacting me to settle the fee on my own with them. I then received a notice almost 2 weeks later with them informing me pursuant to Nevada state law that they deducted $25.00 from my bank account.

I understand the $25.00 fee and that's fine, but to take it out of my bank account without letting me know they were going to do that or sending me any kind of notice beforehand is, I feel, a direct violation of my personal and private rights as a consumer. So now not only do I have to pay a $25.00 fee or a $35.00 overdraft fee and the amount of the check, but they are refusing to do anything about the fee and are telling me they have a right to do that. The check was written in good faith with funds in my account to cover the amount it was written for.

I went to shop at Food 4 Less and right when I got in the line with the cashier, she gave me a face. I didn't feel much good around her. Then, I told her that I want to use a $6 WIC coupon and she was "like ah whatever!". Then I saw that I was short in vegetables, it was only $2 and I had $4 left in the coupon. I told her I wanted to get more vegetables and I would get back in line. She didn't even say anything back! She just snatched the coupon from me and gave me my receipt! I was really offended with her attitude. I had never gone anywhere where they treated me like this and for that, I don't want to go back to the store!

It was pouring down rain outside this past weekend 4/13/12. I don't live too far from the store on University and Chicago. I was disappointed that this store does not sell any baked chips at all. I had to therefore go all the way out of my way to Stater Brothers to purchase baked chips. I want to know why baked chips are not sold at Food 4 Less. As a matter of fact, Food 4 Less does not offer many healthy food choices, but offer many deals and sales on foods that are not healthy for adults or children. What can be done to change this?

I was at the store yesterday, when I was walking out, I saw 2 guys jump out of a mini van and star to beat a guy until there was a pool of blood, and there was no security on site. I do not feel safe and I am very afraid to shop there. Address 1836-1852 W. Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90047.

Every time I try to enter your contest, it lets me do the survey and kick me out. When I try and go back in, it says those numbers have been used already. These are my entry numbers on 10/05/11 at 6:36 pm: **. This is the second time this has happened.

It's about Food 4 Less, Highland Store 385, Highland, CA, (909) 425-8040. The store's bathrooms were disgusting--no hot water, no soap, no toilet seat covers. There was some toilet paper and paper towels. What is up with no soap? There is a bakery/deli, meat dept, Chinese fast food, etc., inside the store. And no soap?

I want to inform you of my dissatisfaction with the box of Hoffy Hot Links, I purchased on Saturday, March 30, 2002, @ your Food4less Market located @ Jefferson and Western. the serial number, the Barcode is 7318300060 0

My complaint concerns See the attached Letter sent to Food4less.

There were approximately 4 other individuals whom complained of sickness

On March 30, 2002. I purchased groceries from your store located at
Jefferson and Western.
I purchased a Box of Hoffy Beef Hot Links, which I prepared on
afternoon for a
Bar-B-Q,.I had eaten (2) Hot Links, and my guests had also eaten the
Links, myself, and my company
were very sick, they phoned me and told me how they were very sick,
nausea, and vomiting,
I was sick all night, and still today very nausea, and vomiting. I
opened the box of Hot Links they have a funny

smell like spoiled meat, and theyhad a color of something green on the Hot Links.

This is terrible, I just purchased the Hot Links (2) days
ago, this should not be possible unless the meat was already spoiled,
when I purchased it @ the Market.
the Beef Hot Links which I purchased on (03-30-02) before the