Bravo Supermarkets

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I would like to report that I was pleasantly surprised shopping in two Bravo Supermarkets in the greater Fort Lauderdale, Florida area. (The one on N. Dixie at the Pompano Beach - Deerfield Beach line -and- the one on State Road 7 in Margate). Both Bravo Supermarkets had a well-stocked, varied produce department with some of the best pricing I have seen anywhere but farm stands. Also a large selection of Caribbean and South American root vegetables, plenty of fresh spices, huge bins of fresh citrus.

We were particularly impressed that their butcher(s) will cut your order for free. My better-half picked out some giant turkey drumsticks, so big they looked like something Henry VIII would eat. The butcher immediately asked if we wanted them cut, to stew I presume. There is a great variety of canned products; once again with an emphasis on Caribbean and Hispanic products.

My advice: try something new!! We bought a large bag of parboiled rice from Mexico. The BEST rice we have ever cooked. There is a brand of large round crackers called "Unica". We tried those and loved them. Hubby wrote "buy another 5 bags" on the next shopping list. Everyone who worked there was polite and cordial. The one minor negative we've noticed is a disagreeable smell noticeable at the fresh fish section of the State Road 7 store. Everything looked fresh. It may have been the smell of seaweed used for packing.

The meat in the frozen section, specifically the ground round beef had a dull brown color as opposed to red for freshness. I didn't buy the meat. I bought soda, lettuce, ice cream and chicken patties. But I will never go back.

Disgusting people. Disgusting food. Disgusting store. The workers are the most disgusting pieces of slurry shot scumbag of this planet. Kissimmee bravo needs to close down. Everything is rotten and the employees are the rudest nastiest slurries **. Don't speak English and suck at giving good, decent customer service. ** this place and their people.

I was stopped outside Bravo Supermarket in Lakeland Fl, and accused of stealing because I did not buy anything. I was trespassed and the police thought that it was funny since I not done anything. I would not buy a coke from this type of fake store. Merry Xmas.

On September 5, 2015 at 17:48:48, invoice #**, trs #**, I went to Bravo Supermarket located at 10400 N.W. 7th Ave. Miami, Florida 33150. I bought a 20-Lb Royal basmati rice, cost $26.99. When reach home the bag already opened with white rice in the bag. I took it back. A tall man about 6ft tall said is the store manager with no name tag said his name is **, curse me out, use profanity words and I was accused of opened the rice. I was verbally abuse by the manager and I was forced to take another bag of rice. The second bag was still unseal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bravo Supermarkets?

Went to the Bravo located in 32807, between 436 and Colonial Dr. I bought a chicken, once inside my car, the car started smelling bad. The chicken was rotten. Took it right back to the store and manager did not want to give me my money back. He said I left the chicken in my car. I told him here is the receipt, I just bought it, eventually gave me my money back. Looked at me nasty and didn't even apologize. I should have known better, their meat display is dirty, full of blood and smelly. The only reason I stopped there in the first place was because it was convenient.

The manager treated me like I was an illegal alien, one that would not complain, demand my money back and better customer service. I was told not to buy anything there especially meats, but again it was close to me. But never again. I am so sure that if Code Enforcement gives them a visit, they will close their meat department down. There are so many things that are wrong in that department, someone can seriously get ill. For the sake of your life and your family, please be careful. I would add a receipt but the manager kept it.

I was asked by one of your customers to do their shopping at your store. I purchased $70.00 in food, produce, vegetables, chicken and beef, dairy products.. Your customer asked me to take the beef because he thought I had spent too much money. Against my better judgment I did take the beef home. I went to prepare it today. The date on the package (at $4.99 lb Beef Ribs,) is today 8/3. When I opened the first of two package I vomited in my sink. Your beef was tainted rotten spoiled. The only thing missing was maggots!! I put the opened rotten meat in a zip lock bag then in the Bravo shipping bag with the unopened package of rotten meat. Went to the store. The food was purchased on Thursday returning on Monday.

Customer service. "How can I help you?" "I have purchased some beef that is rotten, I would like my money back." "Do you have a receipt?" "Oh no I don't." "We only return money within 48 hours." "You're kidding me?? All I can say is you have the most disgusting store and policies, for a FOOD store.. especially when you knowingly sell tainted meat. Your manager wouldn't even open the bag at smell the rotten meat." Horrible manager. Said I could have a store credit. "And you have to use it now." What?? I laughed. Like I would ever shop here again. I don't smoke but I asked for two packs of cigarettes, because I know you didn't have anything to do with it's packaging. I will never go to your store and I will tell every person I know what a pathetic store you run. P.S. my next message is to the health dept. Have a nice day. Try not to poison anyone.

First, the prices are high for no reason. It's almost 75% higher than other grocery places. This by itself is a rip off and disrespecting the consumers. Second, the staff especially the cashiers are super rude which reflects so badly on the business reputation. Obviously the management don't care about costumer's satisfaction which explain the employee behavior. Now I'm talking in particular about the branch on 2004 14th St West, Brandenton FL. The owner of the company needs to make some changes immediately or the place will be shut down. Enough said.

Tuna was on sale and there was a limit. I got my tuna and my mom wanted to buy tuna so I took her there and they refused to let us buy tuna because we were family but we don't live together. We told them we do not live together but they were very rude and disrespected us and did not give her the tuna. The location was in the NY, Bronx, Archer Street 10460.

I was waiting in line at the customer service check out and after a while was told need it to go to another. Went to other and the cashier kept taking care of others and talking. When said something, she was rude and said should have went somewhere else. I told her no need to be rude and the other cashier said, "Then leave." Both were nasty and rude.

Before I go to shopping I go online to find out what's on sale. I went to BravoSupermarket.com. I went to store on 3081 Michigan ave in Kissimmee. I was looking for the advertised Flora bathroom tissue 12 rolls and Flora paper towels priced each at $3.99. The manager said it wasn't on sale at his store, claims all Bravos are not the same. I went to the other Bravos at 4108 West Vine St. They had the Flora bathroom tissue but they only had two left and one Flora paper towels. I gave manager a coupon for .55 cents and he claimed they don't accept coupons when an item is on sale. I live in Orlando and it's a distance for both locations. I asked for number to corporate and the manager said he didn't know the number and suggested I look it up online. What a disappointment. No customer skills whatsoever, unlike my neighbor wonderful Publix. Unfortunately they don't carry Flora paper products.

I am a disabled woman with a service dog. My husband took myself and my service dog as well, to the store with my grocery list to do some shopping. My dog has her tags/service permit tag clearly displayed on her collar. I also carry a bag on the bag of my wheelchair because I cannot hold a purse and the dog's leash. I keep my wallet and my glasses only a few minor things in that bag. The store manager after we entered and got a basket and went a few yards, came up and started hassling us about whether or not my dog was truly a service dog, to which I said well here are her tags. So he kinda huffed off at that. We shopped approx. about 10 more min. and I had a small plastic basket in my lap and holding the dog, I had a few items in that basket. My husband was 2 aisles from me looking at spices and I was waiting when I was approached by an employee who told me the manager sent him to take my bag! That he wanted it to be taken to the front because I could be putting things inside of it! I was so upset. I said no, my wallet is inside, my hands are full I can't even reach for it at this point.

My husband came over and told the man, no if there was a problem with my having the bag, the manager should have said something at the time we entered when he approached us about the dog. The guy then ran to the front yelling to the manager we refused to give him the bag, and the manager came rushing back. I was so mad, I hadn't done anything! I placed my plastic basket to the side of the ground, and the manager grabbed it and dumped it and told me he was gonna check my bag! My husband just kept pushing me towards the door! The manager grabbed at my bag and looked inside, and huffed because there was nothing inside but my wallet, glasses case, and the sale papers. My husband was angry and told him off and said we'd never come back to that store again ever! And the manager said fine that was great!

I am really surprised that we were treated so horribly. First off, we had done nothing wrong. If we were suspected of taking something then we should have been held and the police called for further investigation. But it was all handled horribly. I think he didn't want us in there from the start because I had a service dog. I feel that I was treated with prejudice because I am disabled, and the store is a business and should treat all customers with respect and common decency no matter what their situation is in life. Whether they are disabled or not!

After finishing a very early work shift (5 am) and also having six teeth pulled two days prior, I entered the Bravo store hoping to find something to eat that wouldn't hurt my gums. Also, new to the store I thought I would look around. It seems to be mostly Hispanic. I am not. I found the aisle I wanted and was looking at products and reading labels. I noticed him, a store employee. I don't know if he was a regular clerk or someone from assets protection. Either way he watched and watched. Every aisle I walked down, there he was. He went from watching from afar to standing right beside me. I finally told him that he didn't need to follow me, that I wasn't doing anything wrong. He then asked if I needed any help. I said no that I was still looking. He then asked, not so nicely, if I was going to buy anything! Really? I told him that I didn't know yet. Truth is, despite the high prices, I was going to purchase a few items. But he pissed me off, so I just walked out of the store.

I was ACTUALLY KICKED OUT of store for trying to use coupons on their products. Had coupons for Flora paper towels and Kraft Barbeque Sauce. Had several different items I was buying. I had also made a call to store before going to make sure coupons were allowed... Bravo Supermarket, Daytona Beach, FL. Have never been treated so badly in my life. Also very embarrassing.

I went to Bravo Supermarket on February 13 2014 to buy some fish like I always do. The young man that was behind the meat counter was very rude. I ask him to clean my four yellowtail fish, he told me his boss say he couldn't clean my fish because they was on sale. Then I ask him why he couldn't clean my fish, but he clean the Spanish man fish who was in front of me. Who brought the same yellowtail fish that was on sale that he couldn't clean for me. Why because I'm black in color. And that man speaks the same language he speak. I didn't go to the manager because I was so upset.

I have been to Bravo Supermarket a few times! 12/3/2013, I stopped by to get a colada. While I was waiting for my colada, there was a big glass in front of me. Inside there was an old men cooking soup in a big pot. I noticed a big piece of chicken had fallen off the pot to the dirty ** floor. I saw the old men picking it up and putting it back on the pot of soup and cleaning off his hands with his dirty ** pants, and he kept putting his dirty ** hands inside the pot! I called the store manager right away and told him what I saw and I also called the Florida Health Department and reported that dirty grocery store! Store is very dirty and nasty looking, customer service sucks, very rude people.... I will never go back again, not even for a cup of coffee.

I was at Bravo Labor Day, at Kimberly North Lauderdale, FL 33068 September 2nd 2013, around 5:20 pm, at the customer area receiving money from Western Union. The cashier treated me like dirt. She called me all different kind of names. She throw my receipt on me like she was in drugs. What make it worst, I ask for a manager; when he came, he didn't ask me why happen. He just said "The door is open or I call the cops on you." If you're not Latino, please don't go there. They are racist. They ruin my Labor Day. That was just such a hassle. If you want somewhere to shop in peace, don't go there. The employees are disrespectful.

This store is destined for failure. The managerial staff and workers could care less about treating customers with any type of care. Today I walked into this smelly place to purchase a few items because it is close to home. The cashier which I was unfortunately graced which never spoke to me during the entire process until I challenged him on a price. He snatched the items back from the bag he had thrown it into and yelled, “It will cost you more". What he had done was to weigh each tomato inside the clear plastic bag separately while they were still in the bag. Why he chose to do this was beyond me.

When he weighed all together as per my request the cost was 100% less than it was his way. He slung them back into the flimsy Bravo bag. He stood there with this stupid look on his face. So I returned the look. Knowing he wanted me to proceed to pay my bill. But I refused to do so as he had not given me a total. Finally he '''yelled'' the total at me. I proceeded to pay my tab and flagged down the manager. I expressed my concerns but this ninny just stared at me. I asked if this creep was his son. He never answered so I walked out. Do these idiots understand that a satisfied customer will bring new customers while a dis-satisfied one will cause 5-9 customers to stop shopping there or never go there to begin with. It's a matter of time till they fill the crunch of poor customer service.

On three occasions, my boyfriend or I bought meat before the due date, which turned to be spoiled. I need someone to inspect their meat department.

Occasionally, we shop at Bravo Supermarket at 7733 W Hillsborough, Tampa, Florida since it is close to where we live. It has been some time since it changed from being a U-Save store and supposedly was undergoing a renovation, but it certainly shows little or no sign of improvement. The floors and bathrooms are disgustingly filthy and there is a terrible stench throughout the store, which is disgusting as well. The rows are not clearly marked since they are located primarily at one end of each row. There should be signs at the end of each row for the convenience of the customer.

There is little or seems to be few employees on duty and there is little or no effort on their part to help the customer find what he or she needs. There used to be two doors, one at each end, for customers to use, but only one was used. Recently, they installed a door in the middle, but they don't always use it. Many of the shelves are not restocked properly. All of this reflects an attitude of indifference towards the customer. For this reason, and many others, we prefer to shop at Publix or Wal-Mart where the employees go out of their way to help us because they value our patronage.

I was at 311 route 9w Glenmont, NY store on 2/9 at 12:14 pm terminal # 26011457 with Latoya as cashier. She proceeded to literally throw my groceries into my shopping bags. There was no care at all taken with the items. They were thrown in every which way with heavy on top of soft and crushable. The sides of my structured bags were bulging out and they were unable to stand up. My purchases are valuable and should be treated as such. I had to repack everything myself. Store clerks should be trained to pack correctly and value the customer's merchandise. There was no available manager to voice my discontent to at the time I was there. There never seems to be a front end manager available at this store and could very well be the reason for this problem.

This supermarket on several occasions has tried to get away with selling products which dates had past. In the meat aisle, products were still for sale although dates on them were 3 or 4 days old. Canned products were stamped for Sept. 2011 and it is January 11, 2012. This was in an entire shelf!

I was working at Bravo. They told me that I was on laid off. Now they cut only my hours in which I'm white. They kept all the Spanish people there. They never gave me a chance. They told me that they were calling me back and never did. This is discrimination and I might get a attorney on this company. I don't think it is very nice having discrimination while working for a company that just opened up. They should be closed down for discrimination. I'm very upset about this that they are aloud to do this.

I went to this store yesterday April 4, 2011 and I see the 20 pound Canilla Rice on sale for $6.99 and I took 2 bags. I didn't see a limit sign anywhere. I also didn't see a limit you needed to spend so I took 2 bags. I proceeded and asked one of the man that was working on produce if that was the right price and he says yes.

My son and I keep on shopping; then we were approached by another worker wearing a blue shirt and he told us you can only buy one bag and only if you spend $10. I told him that it don't say that on the sign so I started to go back and he told me I will bring you the circular so you won't walk back there. He left and we went back to where we got the rice from and again it doesn't state anything like that. By that time, he came back with a circular showing us where it says that but the problem is that the circular only shows Riceland and Rico Rice, nothing about Canilla Rice. He got mad and went to all cashiers telling them that unless we spend $10 on groceries don't give us the rice at that price.

I believe this is a scam and it needs to be looked into. Also the way he treated us was very unfriendly like we were doing something wrong. So neither on the circular nor where the rice is anything printed that shows that you need to buy in order to get the rice at that price. Thank you.

I have visited hundreds of "latin" groceries in Florida and was grateful to find Bravo Supermarkets! My foods and specialty items from Puerto Rico at great prices surprised me and the people like Mario at the Palm Bay store really showed how dedicated they are to their customers. I have only one thing to say, beware of those trying to call themselves "latin" grocers!

The store circular ad/mailer always advertises meat specials but when you go to the store to purchase such items, you find out that there is a minimum 10lbs purchase, which is never listed in any of their ads. Case in point: The week of Jan. 21-Jan. 27, 2010. The chicken leg quarters were advertised at 38 cent a pound but when I went to the store, you had to buy a 10lbs bag. The store manager said the fine print at the bottom page of the ad states "Not Responsible For Typographical Errors". How can it be a typo error when nothing is stated? I believe this is a deliberate omission to draw customers in! I have complained many times about this to the store managers and Bravo corporate headquarters. This fraudulent advertising practice has been practiced by them since they opened their stores all throughout Florida several years ago.

I bought some meat at the Bravo store closest to me. It looked fresh from one side, but when I opened it as I got home, I saw the other side was completely green. The meat was spoiled. I tried to go back to the store to return it, just to get it exchanged, but the manager wouldn't take it back. This isn't the first time it has happened either, when I bought something bad and tried to return it. They wouldn't take it back. The manager looks like he had some sort of attitude about the matter, being rather rude. I have no choice but to buy things from there though, with it being the closest Bravo store to me. I just can't stand the fact they treat their customers so poorly.

Bravo Supermarkets Company Profile