3.30/5

184 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I got to the checkout, a greasy haired and aggressive 20 something girl at the checkout, demanded to see inside my handbag. It was a very SMALL ladies handbag and I refused, saying that my personal handbag was not for her eyes. She ranted at me that it was a "requirement' of Aldi that I surrender my handbag to be searched and that she was calling the manager. I was appalled at being spoken to like a common criminal and walked out of the store, leaving my groceries in store.

When I contacted Aldi, they confirmed their decision to search everyone's bags when they were leaving the store, no matter how small. They apologized for the staff rudeness, but insisted on their right to search everyone. All I can say, is cheap food and even cheaper service. I won't shop there again. How pathetic. Every Aldi customer is treated like a thief because Aldi are too cheap to buy security software. Safeway and Coles supermarkets have never treated me in such an aggressive and accusatory manner. I will take my business to anywhere other than Aldi now.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Last night I was yelled by a cashier at Aldi for asking him to be gentle with a plant (orchid) I was getting. He told me "this is your responsibility, you don't want a broken plant, then hold it!" This is shocking!!! Insane!!! Cashiers' job is to take care of the customers trying to check out! When I asked for his manager, he said "my manager wouldn't do anything, call the owner of the store!" This is funny that these days you can be treated so miserably for just asking simple customer service. At the end of the day, I was not getting groceries for free. Aldi needs to do train their employees to deliver better customer service! The cashier's name was ** from 4580 Duke Street Aldi.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Aldi's used to be my favorite market and my ultimate go to grocer. Since I've been going for 4 years just recently I've discovered that the food does not get old as it used to or should. I experimented on an apple and it didn't rot after 3 days after my son took two to three bites. The food is not real. Do your own studies. Experiment with the food. We owe that to ourselves. I haven't been back since!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Stopped in quickly to buy a few groceries. I was trying to load my bag and pull the cart over to get out of the way. The cashier's response "did you buy a cart"? No. I was simply trying to load my bag without holding up the line. I was going to bring it right back to her. She then started throwing the other peoples stuff in the cart I was unloading. Don't worry. I wasn't trying to take the stupid quarter.

Original review: April 9, 2018

They advertised a gazebo on sale for 129.00 and it was never available for purchase. Why would advertise something if you dont have it and I went to every ALDI I know. All they said, "It was not send to us. There is nothing we can do." Not even I'm sorry or anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: April 4, 2018

The cashier wanted to pat me down and got mad when I told him no, if he had a problem he could call the police and they could do it if he thought I did something wrong. He chose not to take it any further.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The fruits and vegetables are always fresh and if you find a problem all you have to do is tell the manager and he will take care of it. Their prices are reasonable, not cheap, but good for people that are older or raising a family. Their freezer foods are great quality, never had a problem with any of it. If and when I found a problem all I had to do is take it back. They refund and tell you to get another one free. What is better than that. I give Aldi a 10.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Highs: low prices, good selection, good quality, fast check out. Lows: 25 cents to rent a shopping cart, you get it back when you return the cart to cart area, Bring your own bags or buy them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Aldi is good. Price is affordable most of the time. However, food is sometimes low quality. Also, the store in Waupaca is too small and busy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

With this particular store they offer grocery items at a discount price and a lot of seasonal items as well as everyday low prices. The drawback to this is that it depends on demographics what items are available. The store is part of Trader Joe's which offers more upscale items. My only wish is to have a better selection of produce and meat.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Today my Mother & I visited ALDI for the 1st time. We noticed no grocery carts, then we looked around the store, noticed a few items and decided to purchase them. When I got to the checkout counter the cashier for me to move all my "glass" to the back. I follow her order. Then began to ring up the person in front of me quickly and the woman in front of me threw up a stopper to block our purchases. She finished her two purchases and bought 2 bags and went off to put her groceries into her 2 bags and leave store. I bought 7 small items which needed to be bagged so I purchased a bag. Then paid & tried to go to put my groceries into bags, and the cashier starts throwing other people's groceries on top of mine and tries to place my groceries up behind her cash register.

I thought she had lost her mind. I have never had this happen ever at a grocery store. It was idiotic behavior. I demanded she stop. Give me my paid groceries back to me so I could bag them. Then I left with a awful first feeling of ALDI. I will NEVER shop here again. Thank god I didn't purchase??? many bags of groceries. The lady in front of me, my mother, & the 3 people behind said they would never shop at ALDI again ever after what they witnessed. Someone needs to FIRE the brunette short haired lady cashier who works at 1st Colonial NEW store. She's rude, disrespectful, a idiot and has no clue what she's doing. There were few people in this location and the 5 who witnessed this said Never again! Worst experience ever!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Aldi has fair prices, good quality, reasonable selection, very good coffee and chocolate. Plus, supports fair trade, sustainability and helps environment by requiring patrons to supply their own bags.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This grocery store has the best deals and the best prices. Cannot be compared to any other. They sell organic, gluten-free and regular foods. Will never find a customer service like this. These folks are the best. I can only think of one downfall. If you are in a hurry this is probably not for you. Not because of the service but because of the low prices and the quality service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

As long as you know what you're looking for. Can't beat the prices. Fruits and vegetables are local so you don't have any preservatives. The chicken and pork are good. I'd stay away from Hamburg unless you going to mix it with something. Bring your own bags.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

In recent months have noticed that their produce has deteriorated in quality. Other than that their products match up to other store brands and their prices are more consumer friendly when you need to shop on a budget.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Prices are much lower than the big box store WalMart, Kroger, etc. I don't like getting ripped off, and I feel WalMart, Kroger, etc are ripping people off with their prices.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Starting 12/30/17 and continuing for my next 3 weekly visits to Aldi the store at zip code 19050 has been out of fresh broccoli. During my second visit, I simply made an inquiry to the store manager. She was less than pleasant and downright dismissive. She said it is an ordering problem and she has no control over that. She just kept saying sarcastically she was sorry for the inconvenience on my continued polite attempts to ask how the store could resolve it or elevate the ordering issue. The third week she approached me and asked if I saw the broccoli, I kindly replied it is not there. She escorted me to the location and realized there was none and I just mentioned politely this was the third week in a row they were out of broccoli. The manager did not offer any response other than it was there that morning as the truck delivered it that morning.

I realize this store does not have multiple truck deliveries, therefore it would be some time before customers will be supplied with this produce. 1/16/18 I called Aldi customer service. The agent said due severe heat in California and Mexico there is a shortage of broccoli. I did not find this shortage in other local grocery stores. I replied there was plenty of cauliflower the past 3 weeks which is grown in similar locations. I asked why the store manager responded with a different reason, the agent said managers are not as aware of these issues. I think it would benefit the store managers to be made aware, so they don’t provide false information.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We have been shopping at ALDI for years, and for the most part have been very pleased with their store-brand products, especially some of their imported items from Germany. However, lately, buying their store-brand products has felt like playing the lottery! Rarely, some items are surprisingly good (the French-Fried Onions that truly rival the national brand) and some are utterly awful, like the organic chicken broth that tasted like nothing but plain salt water. We joked about the fact that maybe it really was chicken broth, but that the recipe called for one chicken in 20,000 gallons of water! Ha!

All jokes aside, it can be wearying to have to keep bringing products back because they are tasteless or otherwise unacceptable. The list of items that are not as good as other store or national brands include guacamole, hummus, some cheeses, frozen chicken breasts (we had some that still had pin feathers on it!) and more recently, skim milk that tasted watered down, apple turn-overs that turned out to have almost no apple filling, cheap-tasting egg-nog flavored ice cream, and frozen stuffed pasta shells with cheese and spinach with filling that tasted rather chalky and didn't have much spinach in them at all!

I've given ALDI two stars because at least at our local store, they do honor the double-your-money back guarantee. The disappointment, however, extends to how I believe they handle returns. They do cheerfully refund the purchase, but at times it seems like they're not particularly surprised nor alarmed at problems with quality. I wonder whether information on returns even gets shared with upper management or whether ALDI demands quality from its manufacturers or not.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Bought this individual salad for my work day lunch and looked fresh and delicious through packaging but once opened, there were lots of orange and ugly lettuce to be found including a large piece of lettuce with what seemed like dirt still on it, which means it probably wasn't washed very well. I love ALDI's prices and a variety of foods, but their customer service is not great and I have almost been ran over by a forklift while they were attempting to move a banana box/crate while shoppers were in the aisles. No apology at all for the inconvenience either.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I went to Aldi's yesterday, put 4 dark chocolate bars in my cart, label says 1.49, the register rings them up at 1.99, Some kid came out of the manager's office, went to where the bars were, came back and said "they are 1.99", I said no, I was just over there and they were 1.49. He said they are 1.99, I ask them if he had changed the tags, of course, he looked at me (rather looked down at me) and said, "They are a 1.99." I said, "Ok, I want a refund," he made some smart-aleck crack about he does not worry about $2.00. He gave me the refund, he was very rude, this is the second time, this switch on pricing was done to me. I only can come to the conclusion that Aldi does not care about the customer... It's the money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

BE AWARE!!! ALDI'S WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE FAULT FOR STORE INJURIES BUT WILL HAPPILY TAKE YOUR MONEY!!! BE AWARE!!! While shopping in the ALDI's store in District Heights, MD. Oct. 2017, I had at least 6-7 heavy foldable hampers, made of metal, and cloth slip from the shelf, and fall onto the ankle portion of my leg causing an injury. The injury was so serious that I wound up having to go to the emergency room, and taking medical leave (doctor's orders) from my job. (I have medical documentation).

Following, a written report to the store manager, before leaving the store, I was contacted by the store's legal team weeks later, the person contacting me, refused to return my calls. Following email contact, the same investigator called me, leaving several rude, non caring remarks on my phone, following up by a letter, days later, said ALDI's was not liable for my injury. They state that I caused the injury myself by pulling the hamper on my own foot as they saw on the store tape. When asked to review the tape myself with them, they said I was not entitled because they did their investigation, and in their OPINION, that is what happened.

Just for clarity, I informed all persons involved that I was not seeking any compensation of any type. I just wanted an apology, a store review of their shelving and safety procedures as well as assurance that no one else want sustain such an injury, or any other injury in their store. Instead I got rude statements from investigators, who acted with lack of concern, empathy, and care. I had a friend that said she had also been in the store, had a similar incident and received the same negative results. ALDI'S DOES NOT CARE!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I shopped in this store in Germany. Good to know there is 1 here close to me. The German/Austrian chocolates are better than the USA since your dairy is hormone free. No GMOs in this product. But you'll need a quarter to get a shopping cart. Good system and makes the consumer more responsible. Their organics cost half than our typical supermarket. Enjoy...

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Aldi has the best everyday prices, by far. Now they have their own product line called Fit and Active which describes the food perfectly. Also, they now carry fresh meat and produce, which is cheaper than any other grocery store in town.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Today at 3 p.m. I went to my ALDI at 9660 Legacy Dr, Fort Worth which had remodeled and mailed me a $5 off coupon. I put one jar of blue cheese stuffed olives in my cart which had a total of over $50 in groceries. The $3.29 olives had a shelf tag with "Special $2 off" red sticker on it. When they rang up $3.29, I notified the cashier and took her to the place where the shelf tag showed $2 off. She removed the tag saying they go by the computer not the shelf tag (I have always gotten the shelf tag price at Aldi when it rang up higher, so that is LIE #1). I asked for the manager, and a guy (**, I think) told me that the shelf tags are preprinted and never changed (LIE #2, they change the shelf tags many times with a red marker). I asked ** "So you are not going to honor $2 off on ONE BOTTLE OF OLIVES? I spend about $75 a week at Aldi."

His response was that they can't override the prices (LIE #3, they can, and have). I told the manager I would just cancel my whole order and that losing a $3,500 a year customer over $2 was insane. Not a word from the manager as I walked out with my groceries still on the conveyor belt. About 30 seconds later, I came back in, and the checker said "I knew you would be back," and started ringing up my items. I said "I want my quarter back for the cart deposit." I went to the nearby Kroger and paid a few dollars more for their own store brands, mentioned my experience with Aldi, and the store manager even gave me $5 off for my Aldi coupon. THAT'S how you make and keep loyal customers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Prices are always lower than ShopRite or other grocery stores in town. Wide aisles, great customer service and great variety of seasonal food items. I buy a lot of their store brand items, which are of high quality.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

ALDI helps cut price of food and had more really natural products than some larger markets. They have really fresh produce, they really sell out and average savings is about 45 percent less than Walmart. Not only that they rotate the stock and produce and meat and dairy more than once a day. I've never gotten a product I had to return.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Best prices of any store and get good product without paying gold prices. Co. not perfect but neither is Publix, we eat 3 times a day with no complaints as to what we eat.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Great prices on produce & other items. You just need to get used to the idea that these are not advertised brands, however their quality is just fine.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Great products and prices. Easy to maneuver. Love the cheese selection and dairy products as well as seafood and specialty products. It's also nice that there is a large selection of healthy and organic products.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I reported twice a problem regarding the same product to Customer Service. Each time I received an automated response, which proves that they don't pay attention to our concerns and specific problems related to their products.

ALDI Company Information