2. Shopping

ALDI

4.0/5 (417 ratings)

About ALDI

ALDI Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALDI?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I have on numerous occasions gone to the six Aldi stores closest to my home, some 10 miles away on the start date for their add. At least 8 out of 10 times they do not have the advertised items at "any" of their locations. I'm referring to more than just one item. Looking to their website is not at all useful. While it shows items in stock and available, you might drive 10 miles only to discover they actually never had the items advertised, or, they may have had "one"... Example..."one" jacket or "one" pair of leggings. Two weeks ago it was advertised shelves. They are such a disappointment. I will no longer shop Aldi!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I've just had to throw out another 1/2 gallon of milk that had a Feb 14 expiration date and today is Feb 9. So far I've thrown out about 6 gallons of milk over last few months. All were not expired. I used to buy 3 every 10 days. Now I have reduced that amount to 2. It seems that since the milk is now put in different shaped jugs than the old standard jugs it takes on a funny taste after opening. Is the plastic in these jugs food safe? I have never thrown out milk that were in the old style jugs. I can't describe the taste other than it seems to tend toward the taste of almond milk. Are your filling machines clean and sanitary? Do you use the same ones to fill almond milk? Does the residue from almond milk settle at the bottom of the jug? This may be the issue as the taste comes out when the jug is about 1/2 empty.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

So I went to Aldi for a mortar and pestle. Could not find any. I thought I lost my phone. The cashier was very helpful calling my phone, giving great suggestions. He called my phone when I went outside to check my car. I was freaking out. Thank you so much Keon. I think that's the spelling anyway. Keon gets a 10 out of 10 from me. ALDI IN MIAMI GARDENS. 02/08 IN THE MORNING. Again, thank you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Aldi's staffed the carts and kept everything wiped down, but they've done away with that and leaving customer's to fend for themselves. What I hate about this is when you check out, you don't get to keep your own sanitized cart. Not that big a deal, I guess, since they'll wipe down the handle. However, they can't wipe down the quarter. So some runny nosed Covid 19 infected person that may have coughed on their quarter before using it, is now yours to deal with. NASTY. I think that's why I'm seeing more and more returned carts with the quarters still in them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Too many people in store at the time I went. No mask on customers walking around the store. Need improvement from management. Overall a great store to shop at. Safety must be the top concern for their employees and staff.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

As I was checking out today the couple behind me did not have on facemask and the cashier would not ask them to leave. I requested that they enforce the face mass policy posted on their front door but she laughed In a nervous manner and did not do anything. I requested that the manager come to the front and they did not do anything either. This was a dangerous situation and they offered to give them face mask but they had been in the store and had a grocery cart full of items. This is not acceptable. It is dangerous to other customers. I tried to get in touch with Aldi customer service but they do not have a phone number and so it was a waste of time period. I did file a complaint with a person on the chat.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I like ALDI because I don’t feel overwhelmed with many brands to choose from. I also like the prices, which are very affordable. I always find most of what I need. In general I like the quality of produce and fruits, but meat and chicken sometimes aren’t of the best quality. Staff is polite and helpful, and other customers are courteous for the most part. Given the difficult times with the Coronavirus, I think ALDI is acting in a responsibly manner.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The store is good and the prices are good, many good ideas here, like with bring your own bags and quarters to return carts. The big problem at Aldi is customer service, they rush you, a lot of their employees show no education, consideration, or respect to their customers, rushing people, being aggressive, and throwing your fruits and vegetables. Even the managers are aggressive and rushing you, they train all to be this way, this is the biggest issue with Aldi. Two, they often have wrong prices, the sign will say one thing lower, and it rings up more, you have to correct them on a lot of prices and look at each item as it rings up to verify prices, as many are often wrong. They do have some good products and prices!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Aldi’s would get a 5 star rating if they carried absolutely everything I shop for. They have consistently observed all health protocols during the pandemic and we feel safer shopping there than any other grocery in the area. The food items are good, fresh, healthy and fair priced. Their coffee is the best. There are some items that I can only find at Aldi’s (their coffee, chocolate and Greek yogurt), and some that are always lower priced than anywhere else (avocados, sweet potatoes, winter squash, pineapples, croissants, cashews).

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I have been to a few different Aldi's and found the location in La Quinta, CA to be the most pleasing and organized store of them all put together. It was easy to see from a distance what was located in that section, particularly the cold food items. Very impressive and classy. Most stores are just bla and I'd go more often if my local ones were this nice. Prices were great on cheese, butter, bread, eggs, ice cream, frozen pizzas, water, spices and good quality.

ALDI Company Information