3.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ALDI

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

74 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have been shopping at ALDI for almost four years now. Not once, have I been let down by price, flavor, or quality. My reason for writing this review is to recommend this store regardless of what others say. The prices are cheap, and the food quality is wonderful. I can buy a dozen eggs for 45 cents and the organic food is NOT overpriced compared to places like Walmart or Whole Foods.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I visited Aldi's on Holland road in VA beach Virginia a couple of weeks ago. It has only been open a couple months. I am very dissatisfied with prices and quality of merchandise. Bread that molded within 24 hours, strawberries that were black inside, corn that tasted like dirt. No brand names, brand name prices for generic merchandise. Also the staff acted as if you were bothering them if you inquired information about anything. I would never recommend Aldi's to anyone.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Drove 33 miles further to shop. Aldi store was closed remolded. Looked at page for location two days and day before ads for Burlington and Durham NC. Burlington location did not have closed for remolding. Sent email and of course CS blame my browser one time maybe but not several times. I went to bookmark and surprise they had corrected the page. All they had to say was “We corrected the problem.” If you need customer service just remember it is your fault or your computer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Purchased a package of Sea Queen Wild Caught Soy Ginger Salmon Fillets skinless and boneless. It said it has two Fillets and when I opened the package I saw one was salmon but one was another kind of white fish. So I turned the box over and saw the contents were Salmon and tilapia. On six sides of the box it says Salmon but there is one tiny sentence on the back of the box that says the contents are Salmon, tilapia. It is very misleading. I thought I was buying a package of salmon not half salmon and half tilapia.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Today my partner and I shopped in ALDI. Unfortunately my partner discovered his Debit Card was missing when he returned home about 2 hours later! I immediately returned to ALDI and saw the young lady who was on the check out at till 5. She realized he had left his card and rushed out to find us in the car park but couldn't see us. She kept his card in the draw by the till which I collected. What a star she was, a credit to her and a great asset to the Aldi store. We have been through her till many times and she is very professional and courteous, as I said, a great asset to ALDI.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Fresh items are Australian and very good value but all tins and packaged items are imported. The staff are extremely unfriendly and won't acknowledge you if they are not on the register.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Carries a large variety of foods, fresh & frozen. Meats are good, at very reasonable prices. The problem is, not all states have Aldi's Supermarkets. I moved from Cleveland to Colorado Springs & there is no Aldi's Store.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Have been shopping at ALDI #73 for almost seven years and have loved it. The quality has always been excellent, in fact, I prefer the ALDI brand above others. You may be wondering why I'm giving them only three stars? The reason for only three stars is out of concern from several recent visits. With hopes Aldi will address, hopefully, just experiencing growing pains. The past several visits to the location in Euless, Texas, has been more than a disgusting disappoint. The last visit, actually had to leave and shop somewhere else. The entire store was absolutely filthy.

Starts with the carts, there was so much garbage on the ground and stuck in and around the carts, felt like I was shopping at the local dump. Proceeded into the store, trash, dirt, and debris all over the floors and shelves. Produce on the floor, dried up broken eggs on the floor in the coolers. A large amount of dust and dirt all over the cans, etc. You could literally write "clean me" on the top of the coffee cans. Every corner had so much built up dirt stuck in them, it looked like it has never been cleaned. Then looked at some meat, and it was past expiration. Decided then we had to leave because I was concerned about purchasing contaminated food for my family.

As a loyal customer, asked to speak with the manager. The cashier was less than kind with that response. I then did a quick walk around the store and discreetly took a few pictures to sent to corp with hopes they can address. I then went to another Aldi, which was perfect and the staff was so nice. Will now shop at that location. As a concerned loyal customer, called the customer complaint line. Left a message with concerns of Euless location. Have not received a response. I am writing this review with hopes Aldi will make a attempt to maintain all their stores. Concerned of sanitation and selling contaminated food to the public. I really hope they address these issues because other than the stated location, Aldi is awesome.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I started shopping at Aldi many years ago. Back then the company only took cash and the cashiers memorized all the prices. I would go in with a list and a calculator to make sure that I did not go over the amount of money that I had brought with me. I was always amazed at how much food that I was able to buy. Being a single mother of 3, that was very important to me. Now they take debit cards and have a bigger selection (sometimes name brands) but the overall experience is still the same. Much food for less.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I love ALDI. I used the store a lot when I lived in Brighton, it was only a small one. I moved to Worthing some years ago and in the last five years my osteoarthritis has got worse to the point that I can barely cross the road. You can imagine my excitement when I found out recently that a new store had opened about 5 miles away in Rustington West Sussex. A large brand-new out of town store. On my arrival recently I was disappointed to find only six disabled bays in a large carpark. All full.

Luckily I had my own wheelchair with me since I found there were no wheelchairs or electric mobility scooters provided within the store (there were however clip on wheelchair attachment baskets). Sadly I won't be able to use this store either as access is just so difficult for me, and this must be the same for many other disabled people that are even worse than myself. I'm just so surprised in this day and age that ALDI stands out from most of the other large stores by actively discouraging disabled people to come to their store.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Store #104 at 6295 West Broad St. is the closest supermarket to my home so I shop there often, but I have a real issue with some of the employees. One employee in particular by the name of ** who is always rude. Every time I walk up to her register, instead of a friendly hello I get a dirty look and utter silence. To top that off she throws items into the cart like she's shooting hoops. Anything that actually does come out of her mouth is rude. ** also doesn't hand me my change but throws it on the counter, this has happened on several visits to this location.

One other employee with whom I've had an unpleasant encounter was a rather androgynous girl with short dirty blonde hair and glasses. I didn't get her name but on a recent trip to this store I checked out with her and didn't originally have a cart, so this girl put my items into the cart that was already sitting there. When I attempted to take the cart over to the counter to bag up my items she ripped the cart from my hands and told me I couldn't take it. Now I'm aware that ALDI company pays cashiers more than the average checkout person takes home, I would think that and the cushy chair they get to sit in would afford them better customer service skills.

I don't pretend to know what these girls' issues are because frankly I really couldn't care less, a 5-7 minute interaction shouldn't entail so much unpleasantness. On a positive note there is one employee by the name of Jacob who is top notch. Always friendly, service with smile, no issues, no chip on his shoulder, the guy is awesome, especially compared to the two "ladies" I just mentioned. They could really stand to learn a thing or two from him. Perhaps he should re-train them. Just some insight from a rather dissatisfied customer.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have shopped at ALDI for several years. I have notice lately the quality of some of their produce products is not what it use to be, their fruits and veggies that are bagged e.g. grapes, mini peppers, green peppers etc. often times have rotten pieces in the package. They have also increased their prices on items that are off brand to cost almost as much as a brand name of the same item. The cost savings for me is not there anymore. I have slowed down considerably in my purchases with this company.

Original review: July 19, 2017

We have been Aldi customers for 37 years, and I believe their quality of products is slipping. I suspect it may have to do with the recent big remodeling expense. Namely, Northern Catch Sardines were from Canada and good taste, now the last container says, Product of Poland, lesser amount and poor taste, never buy again. The other product was gourmet "Specially Selected" Kalamata Olives. They used to be dark (ripe) and large, now they are not ripe and smaller, about the size of a jelly bean, never buy again. Too bad Aldi, looks like success has spoiled your image!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have been a loyal customer of Aldi for many years. When they opened the Crestwood MO store, it was not initially crowded. I told people to open their minds and try it. The store is now one of their older locations and they do not stock it well, compared to newer locations, nor do they respond to suggestions or by email. The online complaint form is very time consuming and cumbersome and then they don't bother responding. Loyal customer? They couldn't care less.

Original review: July 8, 2017

ALDI always puts a good item at a great price to lure you into their stores. That is fine but they do not give rain checks. They run out of these items the first day of the advertised range. They treat the public like Pavlov's dogs.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I always enjoy shopping at Aldis! Great products at a reasonable price! The shelves are always stocked with new products that are hard to find at local stores. The products from Germany are delicious, especially the chocolate, soups, bakery, and the cheese products are especially good. Produce at bargain prices. Happy shopping!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been shopping at Aldi's for about 3 years, at least 2x a month. These past two visits have been quite discouraging. A couple weeks ago when I went, they stated their truck was a few palates short... which was acceptable. This time, there was still a lot of empty spaces in the store. Hardly any produce, and what was there was very weary looking. The employees, who used to be so nice, are becoming rude. Maybe they are stressed from the lack of items to sell as people who enjoyed shopping there in the past are becoming unsatisfied. It just makes me wonder... are they selling out? Also... even the boxes of cereal are lacking. They are stale. These are flavors my kids and I have enjoyed in the past, but now taste absolutely horrible. I'm just not sure what is going on. I may give it a try again in a few weeks, but if things are still on a downward spiral, I may be separating ways.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Have not shopped here before but stopped at the Heath, Ohio store to buy salsa. Couldn't find the salsa and there were no clerks or cashiers in the store to get assistance. After nearly 15 minutes, I called a friend who shops at this store and she told me where it was located. I purchased 2 containers, drove all the way home and when I opened one is was watery and tasted funny. I looked at the date and it was a week out of date. Then I drove back to the store (15 miles total) to exchange and everyone of the salsa on the shelve were out of date. Also, clerks are very unfriendly here and don't even smile, they just run the other way so they don't have to wait on you.

Original review: June 20, 2017

ALDI was having grand reopening after remodeling. Store was very organized and very well stocked. I checked out with cashier named Victoria. I told her the store was amazing. She said, "Yeah until customers trash it." She complained about her machine. I ask if it was new. She said, "No it's not new." I said, "It's nice that all the freezers are new." She said, "Whatever." She was just overall a very, very rude person and not a good representative of ALDI at all? She made me feel like a bother to her.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Tried to buy rib steaks - no inventory but said they will have in 2 days. They come in packaged in 3 steaks at a time and not individual steaks (AD NEVER SAID THIS). ALDI employee said that they were short because they sent all their inventory to a new store 10 miles away.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I arrived approximately 1 p.m., the weekly flyer stated grapes for $.89 a pound. There weren't any out. The produce department was a mess, containers empty and disheveled and most product missing. I also looked for the Angus patties at $5.99. None of those either. I don't think I'll go back to that particular Aldi. It seems to be very poorly managed.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I love ADLI. It's a great place for groceries. However, their cashiers are very inconsiderate. No one in line behind me, yet the cashier throws my fruits like she has to rush. I told her... "Please don't throw my fruits", as she throws my bananas, then the apples and pears directly on top. When, I finally get to pay, I had to move my cart forward to switch to the "new" cart where she had been throwing all my food. There was no room for the heavier items like cases of water, because everything was thrown all over, so I had to repack in order to try to switch carts... Still no one behind me in line.

She starts to talk to a co-worker rather than help. So, I said "I don't know where to put the rest quickly. Effort to move out of line because I have to my re-pack the cart to fit the $92 worth of food I just got." She says to me... "What do you expect me to do, we don't pack your bags for you." I need a break from ALDI, because she almost got a case of water thrown at her. Still, love the store over all but damn, your rude employees will cause an issue. Maybe she didn't want to be at the work, I don't know.

Original review: April 11, 2017

One of the ladies on the floor was very rude, seemed like she didn't want to be there and was put out that there were customers. Horrible customer service. The other cashier was pleasant and helpful. I like this store and shop here often. This girl must be new, but her attitude is horrible. It's at the Webster, TX off of Bay Area Blvd. I have been in other Aldi's store in Texas and Chicago and haven't had this unpleasant experience before.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

The store is very clean. You can find a good variety of produce at good bargain prices too. The store is well stocked for sale and regular items. You usually can find some markdown items which help especially when you are on a budget. The store associates are very pleasant, and very aware and proactive when a line forms at the checkout. If you ask questions, the staff will stop and help you find what you need.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

Do not buy if you rely on warranty! Products that has a warranty logo is pretty much without warranty! If you have to use their warranty, you have to send the default part to them and they will determine if it is covered or not. If you don't have the warranty paper and your purchase receipt, then you are on your own. If your product is missing a part, even right after purchase, you are in a big ** hole! If you have everything they need and spend the postage money to send all to them and keep up with follow-up phones (usually no answer) and Emails, then guess what? They send you a form asking you for your bank account "including your routing number" so they can send you a refund. This, in my opinion, is Deceptive advertising, also known as false advertising.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

They have organic produce but mostly bulk quantities and does not work well for a single person. They have very healthy groceries, yet it's hard to find any popular name brands. Also has a very limited selection of gourmet items. Prices are decent for price versus value and all items are clearly marked. They have limited pet supplies and food. The fresh meat section is very small and not much variety. There is no fresh fish. The frozen section is also limited and mainly family sized portions. An interesting section is nonfoods. It offers a variety of many items for both indoor and outdoor especially during holidays. Customer service is excellent. The reason I go are for healthy items and it is close to home. It is a lot quieter than Walmart across the street.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I went in there to get produce. The items in the sale flyer especially the mushrooms were brown. When I got the peppers home the stems were soft. The produce is prepacked so you can't tell what you are buying. You would think that things on sale would be turning over fast enough. Appleton bacon very fatty. Anyway probably won't go back because you wouldn't be able to buy items that were good in every category.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Good values, lots of fresh vegetable and fruit. Low price on milk and the checkout is super fast. At Christmas lots of good German products, cookies, cakes. German brats, good meats, dairy and frozen foods. People are friendly and lots of times a pass-it-on cart is given to customers. However, The Aldi I go to is always crowded and hard to find a parking place.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Aldi's is a no frill value for money supermarket. They have exposed Coles and Woolworths for the rip-off companies that they are. We save at least 20-30% on good value products every time we go. They don't have a "full range" of products such as the majors but buy at least 90% from Aldi's. Long may they survive.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I really love Aldi since the very one open up on Lehighton PA. My husband and I were unemployed in 1994 and we had 4 children to feed. And the other store were overpriced. Aldi was the best. It felt so great to walked out with a buggy full for less than $50.00. I would tell everyone about Aldi. My daughters now shopped at Aldi. Today Aldi has fresh produces and Fit and Active water that my grandson love to drink. Also the sour cream and onion potatoes chip are the BEST. The grambabies will not eat the others potatoes chips.

I can go on and on about Aldi! My husband uses to always wanted brand name food but he tried the Aldi's brand and he hooked. He told a lot of his co-workers about Aldi and now they also shop at Aldi. When I pulled into Aldi I see very expensive cars or trucks in the parking lot. They doing their shopping at Aldi. So it doesn't matter whether you have money or not. It's the food and other products that we all go for!! Don't ever take Aldi away!! I had been shopping there for 22 yrs now.

ALDI Company Information