2. Shopping

ALDI

ALDI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

ALDI Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALDI?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: March 10, 2020

This is one of two German discounting supermarkets, now a worldwide brand. Their business model is unique in that they offer budget prices for an ever-growing range of groceries, fresh vegetables and fruit and a range of non-food items e.g, tools, toys etc that change every week. My only complaint would be that, in tourist areas, it should publish its signage, in its weekly promotional magazines etc not only in the local language but also in, say, two of the most popular languages e.g. English and Spanish.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Aldi is my first, but not only, place to grocery shop. I always try to go there first because while they have a more limited selection, the prices and quality of what they do have are great. They have an awesome selection of plant based products lately. The only downside is the limited selection but what they do have is fantastic!

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

In general, I really like Aldi a lot. The Aldi store brands are all very good. I have found only a couple of things I'm not crazy about. But the PRODUCE! The store was recently remodeled. The produce is at the front at the entrance. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea. Immediate bottleneck. The produce has always had a problem with freshness. I've shopped at Aldi for years. I learned long ago to look at produce and fruits from top to bottom; feel it; put your face in the potato and onion bag and smell it. I've stuck my finger in rotten fruit, picked up rotten fruit/produce and set it on the floor for them. Then they decide to put it all in front of the store where the doors are constantly opening making it warmer in produce area. SMH...but I will continue to shop there-cautiously.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I purchased meat at a local ALDI store. It looked a little brown, but all the meat did that day. I never buy meat anywhere else because everywhere else is never brightly colored nor stays fresh more than a day. This time I bought it, even though I wasn't ecstatic with the color. A couple days later, I take it out of my fridge and it's really brownish gray. I was mad that I couldn't call to get a CSR on the phone, so I emailed them. They sent a very timely reply, saying take it back to the store-can take any product that doesn't wow me back. I felt a little weird returning food, but it was $14 that would just be wasted.

The lady at the checkout asked how I wanted to proceed, I said I would just like another one because this one was not fresh. She made it seem like it was no big deal-like I wasn't putting her out or anything. This made me feel good. So, I go to pick out a new one, bring it to the register. Some lady lets me and my little girl go ahead in line, which was so sweet. Then when I get to the checker, she scans the items and proceeds to hand me cash too! This all the while not making me feel like a slimeball! I couldn't believe it! Everywhere else, they act like you put them out and grumble about a return. This young lady was so sweet and did the return fast too. She said they have a double satisfaction or double return policy.

It basically means, you can exchange for a non-lemon and they give you your money back. I have never seen anything like that! I am so excited that something that I stressed overturned into a wonderful experience! They seriously have been only store in town that had the most beautiful and tasty meat for years! I also do the family packs-gives a lot of meat for my teenage boys. The replacement was the same beautiful meat I always see. I just can't stop thinking how ALDI took a scary situation and made me feel so good inside! Thank you Aldi in Sedalia, MO! You were very kind! (I just couldn't not say anything!) (I know-double negatives, but I'm just so stinkin excited!)

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I usually shop Aldi first. I get all my basics. The Russet potatoes are 1/2 the price of Jewel and so on. The milk chocolate bars from Germany are excellent. I actually taste tested Aldi chocolate against Godiva. The Godiva was sweeter, but that was the only difference and a fraction of the Godiva chocolate price. Then across the street to Jewel for items Aldi does not carry.

When ever Aldi puts out bananas, they are cold. That leads to some kind of bruising, so I buy bananas from Jewel. You have to learn the stores. Easily, Aldi gives you a bigger bang for your buck and has the shortest check out lines because they open new ones when the queue gets too long. Jewel has 12 check outs, but only opens 2 to force people to use the frustrating self check outs. Jewel has a bigger selection as it is a bigger store. So, Aldi has a definite place in my shopping as it saves me money.

The home delivery I will save for an emergency since delivery cost, higher item prices, failure to pass on instant store mark downs, 28 cents a bag and tip brings cost up 20-25 and I can't get everything I want. Then Jewel has the same mark up for delivery. I don't know about you, but it takes a lot of time to key in a shopping list when things "may be out of stock" and they want to know a substitute. My wife will only eat Aldi $2 thin crust cheese pizza. The tuna in a can is mushy and my wife says it tastes "off." I once wrote Aldi saying I did not want a refund but FYI your one product tasted off and I'm not too fussy. Aldi said nothing was wrong and they MAILED me another. Aldi is very serious about business.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought ten mangoes a month ago and it’s still green and hard, been waiting long enough to see it ripens, it’s not even rotting. Probably they put formalin in it to stop rotting. I also bought some carrots and I had to dump it because it was rotten.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Would you want to shop at a grocery store that does not honor their weekly advertisements? Aldi's central customer service has reconfirmed that if their weekly newspaper ad does not match the ad in the local store then the store manager does not need to honor it. This happened again at the Aldi Fairfax Blvd store. It happened to me and it can also happen to you!!!

The weekly Aldi Washington Post ad showed butter $1.69 per pound limit 4. Normal store price is $2.02. The store manager declined to honor the sale price on my $30 order as it was different from the in-store advertisement flyer. The good news is the Lidl's new store will be opening in Fairfax City in the next two or three weeks so you will no longer need to be subjected to this type of unsatisfactory bait and switch service.

Original review: July 8, 2020

ALDI INCIDENT REPORT. 5/31/2020. Consumed a Sundae Shoppe Strawberry Frozen Fruit Bar with a strong pungent salty and bitter taste. Developed a severe headache and abdominal cramps. Immediately contacted Poison Control who advised I take a trip to the ER and was diagnosed with Gastroenteritis/Acute Food Poisoning. Followed up with primary doctor who referred me to a Gastroenterologist because blood test that showed inflammation and due to prolonged headaches, abdominal cramps/burning, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, loss of appetite, thirst, hunger, tiredness, irritability, loss of taste and a boil. Reported incident to Aldi who sent me a $3 gift card for the purchase of 6 boxes and referred me to the manufacturer for compensation. Spoke with the manufacturer who diverted me back to Aldi.

6/9/2020. Lo and behold they were still selling the fruit bar after I reported it to them, FDA, Texas Department of Health. 7/2/2020. Findings: Ulcerative Colitis/Toxic Gastritis due to ingestion of a corrosive substance such as a strong acid or poison. 7/7/2020. My life has been turned upside down as I continue to suffer daily. Daily symptoms: Swollen abdomen, gas, bloating, constipation, thirst, loss of taste, loss of appetite, hunger, headaches, body aches. I am limited on what I can eat or drink and on top of that still can't taste anything.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I shop regularly at the Aldi Grocery Store on Clifford Street in White Settlement, Tx. On a recent visit I wore a mask as did many other customers that day. However, I observed two young women shopping there who were not wearing face masks. When I spoke with the Manager and objected to their presence in the store, he said he was unable to require people to wear masks because they may be immune-compromised or disabled. I pointed out that it is his responsibility to prevent customers from entering the store who are not wearing masks and that the two young women looked perfectly healthy to me. He said he was sorry and did nothing. Aldi is violating the law to the detriment of its customers.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I've shopped Aldi’s for years. Can't beat their produce. But I won't be going back until they require masks. Narrow aisles, too many people, no way to stay six feet away from people and only 20% of the people were requiring masks. If you want to keep your loyal following, show that you care about your customers.

ALDI Company Information