3.61/5

200 ALDI Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

Today is July 9, 2019 and my mother and I went to Aldi’s on Richmond Hwy. The lines were starting to get backed up as we approached the registered. Within a few seconds of standing in line Jenna the manager stepped in and opened another register. Upon reaching the front of the line I asked the name of the store manager and she info me she was. I asked were they still hiring and explained how they just got another manager - how he is trying to get a feel for the store but they will be hiring in the next few weeks. She was very friendly and very knowledgeable. She also was very upbeat and had a smile on her face. Thank you Jenna for all your help and for answering all my questions.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Only two flavors to choose from; vanilla & chocolate but this isn't fake ice cream. I was surprised by how heavy the cartons are because it's not 1/2 air (and 1/2 chemicals!) like Breyers & the others. It's hard when frozen & melts like real ice cream does. It has a good, clean, real flavor. It fills you up unlike the fake 'ice creams'. All 5 ingredients are real food. The milk isn't from cows fed genetically engineered growth hormones. Makes excellent milk shakes & sundaes. Both flavors are delicious. At $4.16 it's a steal. Glad a friend told me about this ice cream. Hope ALDI continues to carry this product.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I love ALDI! When I walk into Aldi I see everyone coming out with smiles on their faces. I love their products. There's a couple I don't like but that happens with every grocery chain. The employees are friendly and human. I appreciate that we bag our own groceries and that we use a quarter to rent a basket as that is one of the reasons that they have such very low prices. I found the store when I was spending my social security check to feed my grandkids. Aldi has saved me. I have not found better prices anywhere including Walmart which has low-quality products. I am a happy Aldi customer and I have my Aldi Smile on right now!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The 3 products that I had put on Potatoe salad, Coleslaw, apple streusel. These are only in the store when it is spring and summer. And the apple only when it's October. Now on the salads other stores have these products at Deli counter. Your salads are very good but why do I have to wait till Spring. And Apple Streusel til October. You should carry this all year around in the freezer. Since I live in Lewes, DE. I drive to Camden, DE to go shopping. It is 53 miles one way and I shop at that store every 2 weeks plus I always bring someone with me and they also do their shopping as well. I'm hoping you will soon open a store down in Millsboro, DE. Then it would be closer to my house and some of these other DE people will get to know more about your store. I'm hoping it will be soon 2019 of summer maybe. But overall I like All of your products New & regular products. Please don't forget to open more stores down in Sussex County, DE.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I like this store. Like their fresh produce section. Like that it has mostly basics so it is a small store so I don't have to walk all over if I need to just pick up fresh produce and milk. Like the price of their canned dog food. Now I will see if my dogs like it. Lol. Liked the ingredients listed on the dog food cans. Liked the prices of their ecos cleaning products. Tried some of generic stuff. Saltine crackers were ok. Spaghetti sauce was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: July 3, 2019

I went to ALDI for the first time yesterday because one of the food blogs I subscribe to spoke highly of the store. I bought some organic broccoli (Josie's Organics). Cooked it today and small bugs were floating in the cooking water. When I was washing it before cooking, I thought it was grains of sand or dirt but it was BUGS. I also bought pre-made chicken salad and the chicken pieces are mushy which is not very palatable. I tried to call store but there is no number for the stores, you have to go on their website and either chat or email. Tried to chat for over half an hour but no one was "available". They advertise on keeping prices down but when you have to throw out the food, you're losing money, not saving. I will NEVER go back to an ALDI store.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Prices are great on their non-brand items which are just as good as the much bigger brand items. Items are easier to find as their stores are smaller and they are continually restocking the shelves as opposed to the other much larger big name stores. Also, the employees are very courteous and their customer service is outstanding. Really wish we had shopped at Aldi's earlier than we did as we really love this store.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Hello, Just writing to you to give a feedback of the service we were given at Castle Hill, Westfield store in NSW by an employee "Mumme". On 22nd July between 1.30 pm and 2:00 pm, we were at the payment counter to buy wine and other groceries. But she asked for Ids for my husband and me as we were together. My husband had the ID but my ID was in the car so I couldn't present it. But she refused to give us wine, but didn't explain why as she apparently couldn't explain, so then her colleague sitting at the back gave us the reason for that. It was weird and embarrassing as she was very rude and had sarcastic and was almost laughing or happy face when we were upset with refusal, as she knew there is nothing we can do according to the rules.

We didn't understand why, as she had not reason to say no apart from not having the ID and then this rude behaviour was day spoiling for us (by the way I am almost 30 and not at all look less than 25 and we decent, if want you can check the surveillance camera recordings as well). But then we said at the counter that my husband will come again as a new shopper and I will stand outside, not knowing that once refused she will not let us buy again. But she again has that laughing face embarrassing us and not explain us that even if he comes again, she will not let us but the wine. She just let us go ahead, my husband again stood in the line and when he reached at the counter, she again refused him rudely. This was something we call misuse of the rights you are given.

She was a RSA holder, if she refuses we cannot do anything and this was something she used, as she apparently was very confident that we cannot do anything. And to be honest, we could not think of any reason she would have done this, and sadly made us think that this act was of racist nature. But this not just about refusal, it's also about rude and insulting attitude, bad communication skills and not wanting to help customers and explain anything they don’t know to avoid their inconvenience.

This was the extreme level of insult and bad customer service as she was not ready to explain anything to us, she was just trying to make us do effort and then embarrass us, we couldn't understand why and will never do, because she could have explained us everything nicely at the very first time and made it easy for us, but she chose a really bad way.

After that we asked us to talk to the manager, manager was very nice and apologetic to us. He explained us that if he was at the counter, he would have given us the drinks and as that lady has RSA and has refused us, he can't sell us now. So manager explained everything nicely and had good customer service, while Mumme gave a horrible experience at ALDI with her rude and insulting attitude, bad communication skills and not wanting to help customer and explain anything. We are regular customer of ALDI but after this incident we will always keep ourselves away from ALDI as it is hard to forget that insult to a decent customer without any reason. Kind Regards, Neha

Original review: June 21, 2019

I have had two totally unnecessary checkout experiences. I have absorbed rising prices. Been patient with food freshness not being good enough on cold cuts. Crowded conditions with young children racing around. But mgr has been helpful while obviously stretched thin. Cashiers however are rude and not helpful. They need to review and adjust checkout procedures. Cashiers are not friendly or ever helpful. They are rude with the excuse they have to be faster. No they have to serve the customer and be a positive face of the company! There are always too few running registers or stocking. I've adjusted to many shortcomings as a loyal customer but I will NOT cap off a less than good experience with a totally rude cashier.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Tried Aldi for the first time, buying fresh produce and a supreme pizza. We cooked the pizza the same day (6/19, expire on 6/23). Within hours my sister and I were both in the bathroom with diarrhea (this was my only meal of the day). Dreadful - will not be shopping here again.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought the grill on clearance at an Aldi food store. It works fine. It’s just my wife and I saw a small grill is perfect. Are use Walmart brand charcoal and it works just fine. We like to economize. We’re very frugal and cheap.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I just used Aldi for the 1st and last time. I don't like their creamer at all and our ice cream was freezer burnt. This may seem minimal to some but we're on a fixed income. And for me it was a waste of money. Also the one thing I ordered and needed they ran out of but at least my money was refunded back to my card.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Bell Peppers had DIRT and MAGGOTS inside!!!! Horrible market and they slave their employees! They only get 15 minute breaks, and there’s only one person working the registers. Stop going to Aldi people. Meat Recalls every Month too!

Original review: May 30, 2019

The prices most of the time are great! Their brands are amazing on quality. I love the store a lot and I can recommend this store mostly. Even though we shop at Walmart right now, we still love this store and will go back when we can!

Original review: May 23, 2019

The store in Flemington, NJ does not have quarter return cart stations in parking lot, and their carts roll around and dent cars, and they refuse to pay for the damage. Terrible customer service. They should be responsible for damage to cars.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Check your produce and slice each fruit before you decide to buy a carton of strawberries here. My teen daughter almost devoured a disgusting looking horn looking black beetle from a California Fresh Strawberries Carton. We just emailed Aldi's about this waiting for response. Our family is now scared in buying produce here again. Super disgusted!!!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought a sandwich from Bruce Grove Store in Aldi to see yet after less than 5 min that the sandwich expires same day on top of that I paired full price, I returned to the store and asked if I could exchange the sandwich as I need it for tomorrow. One shop assistant turned her head and in a rude way said no then I asked to speak to someone senior.

They called in a Polish manager who above being rude told me that Aldi has the policy not to change and food and then he gave me a line about the law. I found it extremely rude and ridiculous and told him it was the first store I ever heard such a nonsense. Whenever I shop in Tesco, Lidl or any other store they would have change the product for me with no problem whatsoever.

And then I told him that it’s the first store then they put products which are no longer fresh at the same price with the products that expire in a few days. That’s ridiculous and rude and poor customer service. I found all the experience distressing and annoying and the poor customer services I was offered. It really upset me so I will no longer shop at Aldi. Store should always check the products reduce prices on the expired items and make sure customers are aware of the rubbish are selling.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My name is Ernst **, and live in Western Pennsylvania. I'm a senior and would need always transportation for grocery shopping. I consider already Amazon as my General Store, now Aldi's grocery home delivery solved this issue. I have tried it already twice, and I'm very satisfied with their service and products! Highly recommend!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I shop there since years and also back in germany. Despite that some store employees are rude and you are not always getting the freshest products I used to like shopping at Aldis. Recently I bought liquid dishwasher detergent. The bottle must have had a crack and it messed up the carpet in my trunk. I have not left the parking lot yet. I went to the store manager Rob who was not very polite but saw the incident. Later on he denied seeing the damage albeit he gave me an incident report to fill out. Corporate blamed the manufacturer- the manufacturer blamed aldi therefore aldi closed the case. The corporate employees were extremly rude (especially ashley ** who even hanged up on me). The damage was on 6 figure price car. I have the damage and aldi does not care. They lost me as a customer for good

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had left my wallet on counter at Aldi. Didn’t realize until later in the day. Went back and the lady working that day had put it in the office. Long story short it show me that they’re good people working at Aldi. I try to compliment on my experience with customer service but didn’t bother to check out my story. Just appreciate the workers at Aldi. Thanks to Savannah.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had a nasty experience while checking out at Aldi. I was behind someone who was slow in emptying a large cart but the belt kept moving. So my stuff was arriving at the end before the guy in front of me was empty. The cashier looked at him and said "he (meaning me) is not paying attention." Wow. I have since learned Aldi instructs cashiers to move the belt at warp speed to reduce time. What a nightmare! I brought this to attention of the Eldersburg, Md manager and he just grinned.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The Palmetto Aldi store is getting worse about the quality of fruits & vegetables. The last several times I have tried to shop here I've seen & smelled mold on the fruits & vegetables. The employees don't seem to care when you point it out to them.

Original review: March 26, 2019

A little bit cheaper price but good quality most specially the fruits and vegetables, and if you're in a hurry, checkout is fast and friendly staff.. The items is always in stock, clean and organize inside.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have frequently shopped ALDI, weekly or more, and completely satisfied, until recently. The Salmon which I bought weekly, had to be returned four consistent times due to bad smell. I no longer purchase. In addition, chicken wings are dark, I suppose from dried blood (?). The skin, at various parts of wing, is also dry. Some prices are more expensive. To reiterate, I appreciated this store, product and pricing, for several years, but have now lost this gratitude.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Great value for the prices. Allows an individual on a fixed income to eat healthy. I also enjoy the special finds that the store has which are at unbelievable prices. Would like the opportunity to still buy some products that are special finds when they sell out.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Fresh and well placed items in all departments at a great prices. Self service and weekly as well as daily fresh food items. The hours could be extended for working people by offering more evening hours.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Cheese puffs a few months ago were 99 cents - now 1.79. Mac and cheese was 35 cents - now 69 cents. Eggs were 88 cents now over double... I went there for their low prices. NO LONGER. WALKED OUT. I'M DONE!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I am an Elder and I visit this Aldi in Memphis, TN on Winchester for water and vegetables. The employee named Essence has done evil to me several times 1. Throwing my case of water in the basket damaging it. 2. On Thursday she threw my money at me that it fell on counter then she refuse to put it in my hand. Instead put it on the case of water. I told her, "This is the last time you disrespect me." This girl throws rocks and hide her hands like she did nothing wrong. She needs to be fired.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I drove a long distance lured by an ALDI ad to pick up corned beef brisket on sale at a 1.99 a pound. The ad said a quantity of 2 and this is Wednesday. The ad expires on Saturday. There is a limit of two packages and I needed two packages. The corned beef brisket packages appeared identical except for the price. One packaged in a display case of about 12 packages of corned beef brisket was 1.99 per pound the rest were 3.99 per pound.

I asked what the difference was and was told that one packet was the sale and the others were the regular stock. I said, "They're virtually the same. Can you adjust the price." Manager said no. "Well then can you give me a raincheck." Manager said no. I asked why can't they adjust the price or give me a raincheck. The answer was, "We just can't but there may be more in stock by tomorrow." I said that I live far away. How could I check to see if more was in stock tomorrow. The manager said, "You can just stop by the store and check." I asked, "Are you listening? I live far away. Can I call." The manager answered no. So it's clear to me that ALDI practices bait and switch and then when confronted with their unfair practices they just don't care.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I shop our local Aldi (Webster, NY) every week. My store always has the advertised items. I especially like the produce. Over the past few months I have purchased many items (e.g. pineapples, green and red grapes, honey-crisp apples, cauliflower) that were 1/2 the price of our full sized supermarkets. I also find that the quality of the bakery items are good at significantly reduced prices. All in all I am very pleased with the quality of items I have purchased at Aldi.

ALDI Company Information