ALDI
3.87/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ALDI

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ALDI Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

In general, I really like Aldi a lot. The Aldi store brands are all very good. I have found only a couple of things I'm not crazy about. But the PRODUCE! The store was recently remodeled. The produce is at the front at the entrance. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea. Immediate bottleneck. The produce has always had a problem with freshness. I've shopped at Aldi for years. I learned long ago to look at produce and fruits from top to bottom; feel it; put your face in the potato and onion bag and smell it. I've stuck my finger in rotten fruit, picked up rotten fruit/produce and set it on the floor for them. Then they decide to put it all in front of the store where the doors are constantly opening making it warmer in produce area. SMH...but I will continue to shop there-cautiously.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I purchased meat at a local ALDI store. It looked a little brown, but all the meat did that day. I never buy meat anywhere else because everywhere else is never brightly colored nor stays fresh more than a day. This time I bought it, even though I wasn't ecstatic with the color. A couple days later, I take it out of my fridge and it's really brownish gray. I was mad that I couldn't call to get a CSR on the phone, so I emailed them. They sent a very timely reply, saying take it back to the store-can take any product that doesn't wow me back. I felt a little weird returning food, but it was $14 that would just be wasted.

The lady at the checkout asked how I wanted to proceed, I said I would just like another one because this one was not fresh. She made it seem like it was no big deal-like I wasn't putting her out or anything. This made me feel good. So, I go to pick out a new one, bring it to the register. Some lady lets me and my little girl go ahead in line, which was so sweet. Then when I get to the checker, she scans the items and proceeds to hand me cash too! This all the while not making me feel like a slimeball! I couldn't believe it! Everywhere else, they act like you put them out and grumble about a return. This young lady was so sweet and did the return fast too. She said they have a double satisfaction or double return policy.

It basically means, you can exchange for a non-lemon and they give you your money back. I have never seen anything like that! I am so excited that something that I stressed overturned into a wonderful experience! They seriously have been only store in town that had the most beautiful and tasty meat for years! I also do the family packs-gives a lot of meat for my teenage boys. The replacement was the same beautiful meat I always see. I just can't stop thinking how ALDI took a scary situation and made me feel so good inside! Thank you Aldi in Sedalia, MO! You were very kind! (I just couldn't not say anything!) (I know-double negatives, but I'm just so stinkin excited!)

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I usually shop Aldi first. I get all my basics. The Russet potatoes are 1/2 the price of Jewel and so on. The milk chocolate bars from Germany are excellent. I actually taste tested Aldi chocolate against Godiva. The Godiva was sweeter, but that was the only difference and a fraction of the Godiva chocolate price. Then across the street to Jewel for items Aldi does not carry.

When ever Aldi puts out bananas, they are cold. That leads to some kind of bruising, so I buy bananas from Jewel. You have to learn the stores. Easily, Aldi gives you a bigger bang for your buck and has the shortest check out lines because they open new ones when the queue gets too long. Jewel has 12 check outs, but only opens 2 to force people to use the frustrating self check outs. Jewel has a bigger selection as it is a bigger store. So, Aldi has a definite place in my shopping as it saves me money.

The home delivery I will save for an emergency since delivery cost, higher item prices, failure to pass on instant store mark downs, 28 cents a bag and tip brings cost up 20-25 and I can't get everything I want. Then Jewel has the same mark up for delivery. I don't know about you, but it takes a lot of time to key in a shopping list when things "may be out of stock" and they want to know a substitute. My wife will only eat Aldi $2 thin crust cheese pizza. The tuna in a can is mushy and my wife says it tastes "off." I once wrote Aldi saying I did not want a refund but FYI your one product tasted off and I'm not too fussy. Aldi said nothing was wrong and they MAILED me another. Aldi is very serious about business.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Today is July 9, 2019 and my mother and I went to Aldi’s on Richmond Hwy. The lines were starting to get backed up as we approached the registered. Within a few seconds of standing in line Jenna the manager stepped in and opened another register. Upon reaching the front of the line I asked the name of the store manager and she info me she was. I asked were they still hiring and explained how they just got another manager - how he is trying to get a feel for the store but they will be hiring in the next few weeks. She was very friendly and very knowledgeable. She also was very upbeat and had a smile on her face. Thank you Jenna for all your help and for answering all my questions.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The 3 products that I had put on Potatoe salad, Coleslaw, apple streusel. These are only in the store when it is spring and summer. And the apple only when it's October. Now on the salads other stores have these products at Deli counter. Your salads are very good but why do I have to wait till Spring. And Apple Streusel til October. You should carry this all year around in the freezer. Since I live in Lewes, DE. I drive to Camden, DE to go shopping. It is 53 miles one way and I shop at that store every 2 weeks plus I always bring someone with me and they also do their shopping as well. I'm hoping you will soon open a store down in Millsboro, DE. Then it would be closer to my house and some of these other DE people will get to know more about your store. I'm hoping it will be soon 2019 of summer maybe. But overall I like All of your products New & regular products. Please don't forget to open more stores down in Sussex County, DE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have recently had a couple issues with this store only (Gaylord & Traverse City are much better). The first time an item was clearly marked for $4.99 but rang up $9.89. The sign said 12 double rolls of toilet tissue. They had 12 packs in front of the sign. Turns out they were mega rolls. Still 12 rolls in the pack. So I said OK I will take 2 of the correct ones. Management said, "Well we don't have those, only these." That's probably why they put them there. OK I figure they should honor the price then. Management said no. I said, "You should at least change the sign so future customers are not deceived." Management said, "No we will have the other ones in stock soon." So I asked to speak to a different manager and they refused as well.

I thought maybe it is just me. Strike 1 but I will give them another chance. Looking at my $40 receipt from this transaction they double charged me on 2 items totaling $5.98. As others have said they ring so fast they make mistakes rarely but sometimes in favor of the customer but more times than not in their favor. So I went back in and they did refund the $5.98 with no problem. OK maybe just a fluke but if you check your receipts you will notice being overcharged or double charged several times at this store. They are bad about changing signs and several products don't have signs at all (which is against the Michigan Pricing Law). Other Aldi stores are much better.

Fast forward about a month and I am buying several things but one of their reusable bags they sell for $1.99 had a large hole in it. I had only had it about a month and only used it a couple of times. I figured they would exchange it since they should stand behind their products but no. The cashier said, "I don't know man. It looks like it has been used a lot (2 times)." I said, "No I just got it a month ago," and he said no. Well I know it is only $1.99 but if they won't even stand behind a simple shopping bag how would you trust them to stand behind anything else. The cashier said, "I can call a manager but I don't think they can do anything." I was like, "Don't bother and you can keep your other products you just rang up. I am done with this store."

Amazing. Gaylord and Traverse City Aldi stores are awesome - clean - well stocked - larger stores in size so it does look cleaner and operated better with associates that seem friendly and they actually enjoy their jobs. I don't know if the Petoskey store has a prick for a manager or what but I will never do business with this store again. If you want your retailer to stand behind their items, not be double charged (which defeats any savings of course), and receive at least halfway friendly treatment and service I would certainly go anywhere else in town or go to a different Aldi store. If you do patron them good luck. You will probably need it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Great concept and prices, however, lately the Forest City, NC store has issues with freshness. Have returned 4 times with unexpired half & half that was bad - chunky and sour, stale shelled peanuts, fish and poultry that go bad within a couple of days, fruits and veggies that are half rotten. I know they offer satisfaction guarantees, but I shouldn't have to travel 12 miles to exchange a pint of half & half or bad meats. I miss Wegmans. I'll have to start going to Ingles or Food Lion now. Shame.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My Wife does most of our Shopping. Thank you. I think the ALDI brands are bad. The Hot Dogs are nasty. The Cereal Just taste off. Clancy's Potato Chips not good. The coffee creamers taste like chalk, very limited life on produce. I give One star for the good candy bars.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I bought 2 items totaling $2.00 and gave the cashier at store#67 In Hollywood Florida a $50.00 bill, he then proceeded to give me change for $20.00. I looked at him and said, "I gave you a $50.00 bill." He denied that I did. I got the manager involved and she sent him to count his box by himself. 1st of all if I told you he gave me short change the next thing would be to count his box under supervision. He was left alone in a room to count his own box and then comes back that he does not have extra.

Anyway the cops were called in and even though they could check the cameras and see the transaction they could not see the exact denomination given to the cashier. I left my house with 3 $50.00 bill. No $20.00 bill in my wallet. I refused to accept change for a $20.00 and told them I am going to reach out to corporate and get back my money. The manager there was very kind as she knows we are regular customers and offered her apologies. I want some loyalty back in return from Aldi. The cops told me they believe what I said to be true but they just could not prove it from the angle of the cameras. Aldi I want my money back.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I’ll first say that I am a loyal ALDI shopper. I have no problems with products. I could be a paid spokesperson I like the store so much. However, my local ALDI which is 1 mile from my home is under expansion construction. Since this construction has began I have had screws and more lodged in my tires. I now need a full set. There are other neighbors and customers who also sustained tire damage. My gripe is ALDI or its insurance company holds no responsibility for damage in its parking lot. I have been directed to the contractor themselves.

The contractor is dishonest and denies the screws found are from him despite overwhelming proof. Case Contracting could care less about costs and damage folks are incurring due to their negligence. This sort of attitude is now conducive to the message of the company. This contractor builds all over Florida, large scale operations and obviously could not care less about damage along the way. This is not the disconnected tone ALDI sends to its patrons. For this, I am disappointed with the company for allowing this to be the case.

ALDI Company Information