2. Shopping

ALDI

ALDI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

ALDI Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALDI?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

Too many people in store at the time I went. No mask on customers walking around the store. Need improvement from management. Overall a great store to shop at. Safety must be the top concern for their employees and staff.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

As I was checking out today the couple behind me did not have on facemask and the cashier would not ask them to leave. I requested that they enforce the face mass policy posted on their front door but she laughed In a nervous manner and did not do anything. I requested that the manager come to the front and they did not do anything either. This was a dangerous situation and they offered to give them face mask but they had been in the store and had a grocery cart full of items. This is not acceptable. It is dangerous to other customers. I tried to get in touch with Aldi customer service but they do not have a phone number and so it was a waste of time period. I did file a complaint with a person on the chat.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I like ALDI because I don’t feel overwhelmed with many brands to choose from. I also like the prices, which are very affordable. I always find most of what I need. In general I like the quality of produce and fruits, but meat and chicken sometimes aren’t of the best quality. Staff is polite and helpful, and other customers are courteous for the most part. Given the difficult times with the Coronavirus, I think ALDI is acting in a responsibly manner.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

The store is good and the prices are good, many good ideas here, like with bring your own bags and quarters to return carts. The big problem at Aldi is customer service, they rush you, a lot of their employees show no education, consideration, or respect to their customers, rushing people, being aggressive, and throwing your fruits and vegetables. Even the managers are aggressive and rushing you, they train all to be this way, this is the biggest issue with Aldi. Two, they often have wrong prices, the sign will say one thing lower, and it rings up more, you have to correct them on a lot of prices and look at each item as it rings up to verify prices, as many are often wrong. They do have some good products and prices!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I shop Aldi several times a month, they have very good prices on lots of the essentials. My dogs love their small canned food, only 45 cents per can compared to Little Caesars at 82 cents per can at Walmart. Always a good selection of fresh vegetables. They also have a very good selection of cheeses and other dairy. I have found prices on fresh meats, and canned food at better prices other places. Like all markets, you have to shop around if you want to save money. But all in all a great place to save on your food budget. I do wish they had a better variety of meats and seafood.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Aldi’s would get a 5 star rating if they carried absolutely everything I shop for. They have consistently observed all health protocols during the pandemic and we feel safer shopping there than any other grocery in the area. The food items are good, fresh, healthy and fair priced. Their coffee is the best. There are some items that I can only find at Aldi’s (their coffee, chocolate and Greek yogurt), and some that are always lower priced than anywhere else (avocados, sweet potatoes, winter squash, pineapples, croissants, cashews).

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Aldi is a great, lower cost alternative to some other grocery stores. It is kind of like a mix between Trader Joe's (a few specialty items, curated in terms of what they have and unique options) and bigger stores that sell more general food items. Prices are very good. Some items under the Aldi in-house brand are a miss (string cheese is a meh) but others are family favorites we go back for again and again (the package containing different charcuterie meats). We also like they have very spot-on seasonal non-food products.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

The store could be set up in a better manner for ease of access to product hidden behind other product and their meats are old, and they taste badly. The chips stale and the frozen goods are practically made of false product. The prices are very different than any other local grocery store and the fresh fruits and vegetables are usually bad bruised rotten. The service is horrible, if I wished to have someone just toss my food around I would do this on my own. It's not a place I enjoy visiting.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

I have been to a few different Aldi's and found the location in La Quinta, CA to be the most pleasing and organized store of them all put together. It was easy to see from a distance what was located in that section, particularly the cold food items. Very impressive and classy. Most stores are just bla and I'd go more often if my local ones were this nice. Prices were great on cheese, butter, bread, eggs, ice cream, frozen pizzas, water, spices and good quality.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

They don't have the huge variety of the mega grocery stores but they are great for the basics with good quality & better prices. If the other stores "sale" prices on the same item do not at least match the Aldi price, it is not a real sale. The produce is almost always good. The meats are high quality. They do have some distribution issues where some stores do not get enough of a particular product for the demand & others have too much for the demand. The problem, as I hear from employees, is that the local stores have no input on what they receive. Fortunately, they have not followed the trend of self-checkout lanes, which in many mega stores slows down the checkout process & requires constant employee assistance. Aldi’s checkout is usually fast & they adjust the number of checkout lane quickly to the ever changing demand. They also have a better return policy on Aldi's products than the mega stores.

ALDI Company Information