2. Shopping

ALDI

ALDI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

ALDI Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

In general, I really like Aldi a lot. The Aldi store brands are all very good. I have found only a couple of things I'm not crazy about. But the PRODUCE! The store was recently remodeled. The produce is at the front at the entrance. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea. Immediate bottleneck. The produce has always had a problem with freshness. I've shopped at Aldi for years. I learned long ago to look at produce and fruits from top to bottom; feel it; put your face in the potato and onion bag and smell it. I've stuck my finger in rotten fruit, picked up rotten fruit/produce and set it on the floor for them. Then they decide to put it all in front of the store where the doors are constantly opening making it warmer in produce area. SMH...but I will continue to shop there-cautiously.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I purchased meat at a local ALDI store. It looked a little brown, but all the meat did that day. I never buy meat anywhere else because everywhere else is never brightly colored nor stays fresh more than a day. This time I bought it, even though I wasn't ecstatic with the color. A couple days later, I take it out of my fridge and it's really brownish gray. I was mad that I couldn't call to get a CSR on the phone, so I emailed them. They sent a very timely reply, saying take it back to the store-can take any product that doesn't wow me back. I felt a little weird returning food, but it was $14 that would just be wasted.

The lady at the checkout asked how I wanted to proceed, I said I would just like another one because this one was not fresh. She made it seem like it was no big deal-like I wasn't putting her out or anything. This made me feel good. So, I go to pick out a new one, bring it to the register. Some lady lets me and my little girl go ahead in line, which was so sweet. Then when I get to the checker, she scans the items and proceeds to hand me cash too! This all the while not making me feel like a slimeball! I couldn't believe it! Everywhere else, they act like you put them out and grumble about a return. This young lady was so sweet and did the return fast too. She said they have a double satisfaction or double return policy.

It basically means, you can exchange for a non-lemon and they give you your money back. I have never seen anything like that! I am so excited that something that I stressed overturned into a wonderful experience! They seriously have been only store in town that had the most beautiful and tasty meat for years! I also do the family packs-gives a lot of meat for my teenage boys. The replacement was the same beautiful meat I always see. I just can't stop thinking how ALDI took a scary situation and made me feel so good inside! Thank you Aldi in Sedalia, MO! You were very kind! (I just couldn't not say anything!) (I know-double negatives, but I'm just so stinkin excited!)

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I usually shop Aldi first. I get all my basics. The Russet potatoes are 1/2 the price of Jewel and so on. The milk chocolate bars from Germany are excellent. I actually taste tested Aldi chocolate against Godiva. The Godiva was sweeter, but that was the only difference and a fraction of the Godiva chocolate price. Then across the street to Jewel for items Aldi does not carry.

When ever Aldi puts out bananas, they are cold. That leads to some kind of bruising, so I buy bananas from Jewel. You have to learn the stores. Easily, Aldi gives you a bigger bang for your buck and has the shortest check out lines because they open new ones when the queue gets too long. Jewel has 12 check outs, but only opens 2 to force people to use the frustrating self check outs. Jewel has a bigger selection as it is a bigger store. So, Aldi has a definite place in my shopping as it saves me money.

The home delivery I will save for an emergency since delivery cost, higher item prices, failure to pass on instant store mark downs, 28 cents a bag and tip brings cost up 20-25 and I can't get everything I want. Then Jewel has the same mark up for delivery. I don't know about you, but it takes a lot of time to key in a shopping list when things "may be out of stock" and they want to know a substitute. My wife will only eat Aldi $2 thin crust cheese pizza. The tuna in a can is mushy and my wife says it tastes "off." I once wrote Aldi saying I did not want a refund but FYI your one product tasted off and I'm not too fussy. Aldi said nothing was wrong and they MAILED me another. Aldi is very serious about business.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Today is July 9, 2019 and my mother and I went to Aldi’s on Richmond Hwy. The lines were starting to get backed up as we approached the registered. Within a few seconds of standing in line Jenna the manager stepped in and opened another register. Upon reaching the front of the line I asked the name of the store manager and she info me she was. I asked were they still hiring and explained how they just got another manager - how he is trying to get a feel for the store but they will be hiring in the next few weeks. She was very friendly and very knowledgeable. She also was very upbeat and had a smile on her face. Thank you Jenna for all your help and for answering all my questions.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The 3 products that I had put on Potatoe salad, Coleslaw, apple streusel. These are only in the store when it is spring and summer. And the apple only when it's October. Now on the salads other stores have these products at Deli counter. Your salads are very good but why do I have to wait till Spring. And Apple Streusel til October. You should carry this all year around in the freezer. Since I live in Lewes, DE. I drive to Camden, DE to go shopping. It is 53 miles one way and I shop at that store every 2 weeks plus I always bring someone with me and they also do their shopping as well. I'm hoping you will soon open a store down in Millsboro, DE. Then it would be closer to my house and some of these other DE people will get to know more about your store. I'm hoping it will be soon 2019 of summer maybe. But overall I like All of your products New & regular products. Please don't forget to open more stores down in Sussex County, DE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Quite embarrassing to have dinner guests and cut into what you thought was going to be an amazing dinner, only to find out that 95% of your roast is nothing but pure FAT! So much so that we could barely feed 2 people much less 4! Worst piece of meat ever! Highly disappointed! Never again!!! I have pictures should you need to see for yourself.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

NO such thing as customer SERVICE in this company! Bought a prepacked salad mix and when I went to use it 2 days later, it was rotten. Sent an email to them with VERY clear pics showing the rotten produce, UPC Code and sell by Date. I did this on the 6th, sell by date was the 5th. should not be rotten ONE DAY past sell by date and NOT OPENED before. Got a snarky, BS scripted response. It is insanely ridiculous to expect someone to take a taxi to return the item to the store, would cost more than the item did. And include the receipt? WHO saves them? I ask the cashier to throw mine out as they are coated with BPA. Great way to make it such a PIA no one bothers. PICTURES ALONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROOF ENOUGH! Well, LIDI is opening a brand new, much larger store much closer to my home.... Guess where I am going to do my shopping! Great way to lose customers!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

When Aldi came out with the 0 net carb bread, I rushed to find it. After 3 mos of trying to find it, I finally found two leaves left and quickly grabbed them. Aldi did not disappoint as it was fantastic! Again tried to find it and found another three loaves three months later. I was told by the cashier at the Sugar Grove IL store last month that Aldi was no longer selling it because the supplier couldn’t keep up with the demand. Now two months later I stumbled upon it again but in the Batavia IL store. Based on my experience and unsure if it would actually be carried again, I grabbed 6 loaves.

I get up to the register, the cashier calls management and asks if there’s a limit and was told by her “manager” that I can only get two. I asked her why there was no sign to tell me quantities were limited so the cashier finally said to go ahead and they would let me get all six. As I was paying, a woman comes out from the office, identifies herself as the DM and proceeds to tell me that I’m not allowed to take a “case” (I assume a case is six loaves) because of something to do about the supplier, limited item etc etc. I advised her that next time they should put a sign so customers know.

She went on to try and explain that whenever a customer wants a large quantity, the customer should ask first. I felt like I was being scolded, while the line was being held up and I felt completely humiliated. I then told her to just take four back. Then, out of the blue, she tells me she’s going to let me have all six loaves and walks away like she’s mad and leaves me standing there. Aldi needs to tell customers how many items are allowed of the same product and train the DM how to be more customer friendly. Thanks for the six loaves Aldi but the experience has put a bad taste in my mouth about shopping there again despite the fact it’s been my go to store for years. I realize this bread has a high demand but don’t make it the customers fault when we want to try and stock up. Or at the very least, let the customer know before getting all the way up to the cashier. I’m not a child and expect the be treated with respect!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We just had a nice big Aldi's open. I am handicapped. Can walk very little. I thought with a nice big store they would make it easier for handicapped people to shop. No handicapped motor scooters or wheelchairs with cart on front. Guess I will shop at the stores that accommodate handicapped. Oh and the handicapped parking was no closer than a lot of the other parking.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I finished shopping and went to check out. As I was approaching the cashier she called anther person to check out, then I went to the next cashier who told me she will close after the current person. I went back to the first cashier waiting for my turn and a gentleman came after me. Then the cashier told the other one to open for this gentleman and when I said I need to talk to manager ** came and I asked him about Aldi's policy. He told me that their policy to help the last person in line. When I told him this is not fair, they should help the next person in line, not pick and choose he said he will support his employee. I asked him for his name because he didn't have a name tag. He went and wrote his name in a big font as he is mocking me. ** is the worst manager eveeeer. He was so rude to me and support unacceptable behavior. I wish you have surveillance camera that captured what happened as an evidence. Aldi on 3705 Tampa Road, Oldsmar Florida.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

ALDI Company Information