2.48/5

141 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We were so excited to check out this new store in Punta Gorda, Florida. What a waste of time. Our first time in this store turned out to be a nightmare and I will not return to shop again. Walmart won't be losing this customer to Aldi's. The appearance of the store was quite nice and neat upon arriving! But that's about the only thing I can say good about the trip. Most newly open stores are always neat and organized when first opening. I'm a very methodical shopper and spent much time choosing my groceries filling my cart with groceries and wine. Wasted my whole morning.

Got up to the check out, cashier rang up my groceries and then proceeded to take my wine bottles out of my wine bag and put them aside. He said he needed ID. Well my husband pulled out his wallet and ID to pay for all and the cashier refused to sell us the wine. His reason? I did not have my ID. I don't carry my purse in stores because of all the theft that goes on in stores. Mind you I am 57 years old and my hubby is older than me. My grandson is 23 years old and could have gone in to buy the wine for me. Nope he just flat out refused to sell my husband the wine because he was with me.

At first we laughed. Thought he was joking. I mean come on... I think I look good for my age but that teenage look left me in my mid 30's. Just ridiculous. Needless to say we decided to take our groceries out of the bags and let them put the items back on the shelves. Even told them to keep their quarter but thanks for the free reusable bag, I can fit quite a bit in it at Walmart and I left my $5.00 Aldi coupon on a Walmart shelf.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

An accident left me blind in a wheelchair. I was shopping at ALDI with a friend, upon waiting in the check out line, I had allergic reaction to nuts all around me. My friend took me over by the door while my items were being rung up. The check out person copped an attitude that we were backing up her line, next my card did not work. He ask that she hand punch in the numbers, she copped another attitude, & she made a mistake hand punching the numbers. She did not punch in enough numbers, then yelled, "Declined, declined, declined." She then yelled out loud, "You need to take you & your card down to social services."

My friend paid my bill, We went across the street to another food shop and my card worked and has worked ever since, called corporate they said my store would be phoning. They offered me a $10 gift card, they missed the point entirely!!! I have to pay my friend the $44.90 he paid for my groceries, This is how ALDI treat their disabled customers on the SNAPP program!!! I will never get over the humiliation their check out person left me feeling.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have been shopping at ALDI for over a year now & have slowly noticed some workers are rude or abrupt toward customers. I had one cashier withhold part of a receipt from me after she made a mistake, when I realized I asked for the other half which she rolled up & put in the till, all I got was a blank look so I repeated myself & she only handed it over after asking a manager. This half had more mistakes where I was charge a higher price for similar items, why she didn't ask me or check first before charging me I don't know. She even had the nerve to say I was rude, & when I complained about this the manager didn't even care. I have come to realize their staff think they are above the customers. Yes some can be polite but when an issue arises they take a different stand altogether.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I love shopping my weekly groceries at Aldi. They have the best quality brands and I can pick any product of my choice and still expect a good quality in it. I have started to trust Aldi's products blindly. Just love it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Not sure what they are doing here at ALDI. But will no longer buy ANY meats or produce. Meats are low quality and not consistent and produce does not last more than 3 days. Called customer service and they offered no help. Was told to take back to store, after the store manager told me to call customer service. Don't waste my time, spent over 20k in the past year and will now be shopping at Wal-Mart. Also, participate in local shoppers review circle and we all agree that your produce and meat quality have gone down in the last year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I like this store. Like their fresh produce section. Like that it has mostly basics so it is a small store so I don't have to walk all over if I need to just pick up fresh produce and milk. Like the price of their canned dog food. Now I will see if my dogs like it. Lol. Liked the ingredients listed on the dog food cans. Liked the prices of their ecos cleaning products. Tried some of generic stuff. Saltine crackers were ok. Spaghetti sauce was good.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Absolutely awful. All we could taste was orange (Duck and orange pate). I will not be buying this again. It ruined what was planned to be a lovely romantic meal. All we could taste for the following hours was orange.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Whether morning or evening, each time I go to this location, there is a looong line! I'm sure a manager can see how long the line is behind that mirror facing the cashier YET they continue to make customers WAIT! They need to hire more cashiers. Also, there is ALWAYS panhandlers approaching you on the parking lot as you enter and exit. Someone from the store needs to send them away from the store.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've shopped at Aldi for as long as they have been in town and I was always satisfied with the products and the prices, but things have changed in the last few months. The packaging and the contents are not what they were. As an example the mushroom spaghetti sauce is now pasta sauce so watery doesn't taste the same, the bran flakes are so crushed, the chicken noodle soup looks like the noodles are so chopped up and the soup is thick and slimy, also the turkey bacon is not the same so much dark meat and so tough. Whatever has happened to these products I hope you can go back to something that was good. Why fix something that was great to begin with.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Every week I do my shopping in ALDI, it was one of my favorites until today that I had the worst experience with a cashier, she was scanned the products and threw them for the shopping cart without caring that I was going to pay for them, when I said her, "please, do not that", she answered me without respect, very nasty, unfriendly. I think that person does not know how to deal with clients, and she does not deserve to work there. ALDI, 16367 NW 57th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33014.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I just bought a bag of Heart to Tail Complete Nutrition Dry Dog Food, along with the rest of my groceries, at my local 34th St. S in St Petersburg, Florida. I drove home with my windows open, so I did not notice the absolutely foul smell coming from the groceries. Upon inspection, I realized the smell was coming from the dog food. I opened the bag and a swarm of flying bugs came out. Along with a huge infestation of larvae, there were a ton of moldy pieces of dog food. I looked at my other food, and realized that since there was a small hole in the bag, the bugs had already gotten to my other groceries. I had to throw everything out immediately so my kitchen was not infested.

Original review: June 10, 2018

When you buy you must verify your receipt before leaving. If you have a claim even though you paid using a credit card they aren't able to put the money back to it and you would end with cash or a Gift Card. That they charge me twice for two products. One was cancel. The other I ended with a Gift Card. Beware of their practices.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The quality and flavor of the Aldi's brand is top notch. The prices put the competition to shame. The lines move quickly and you never see shopping carts all over the parking lot.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Consumed on 5-30. Noticeable crystalline nano metals in the Jiffy Corn Bread Mix 0 72486 00220 5 sell by date 3/21/19. Purchased on 5-16. Aldi Store #72 5201 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC. Manager: **. Reactions: Stomach (bloating, gas, indigestion), crawling sensations to the head, forehead. Crystal sensations in the mouth and signal attacks to the feet. I already contacted corporate about the biscuits, which also had the same substance in it. There is more detail about contamination on my blog. If you are experiencing the same problem, we need to expose this criminal activity.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I've been shopping ALDI store 6015 State St. Saginaw 48603 for 8 years, everything was fine until a new cashier came last year. She was very rude all the time, as if every day was her bad day. Today, I was the first in line to checkout, since the person behind me only had three items, I told the cashier to let him go first. She did, then she went mad and started screaming loudly at me because I was unloading my cart while trying to let the other person go first. At that time, everybody in the line was very orderly. She didn't let the next customer behind me to unload their cart, even when I put the separator behind my last item. She seriously need training because I've seen this multiple times. She treat her customers like they owe her millions.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have bought veggies before and often have had a few small problems but let it go due to only shopping once a week here. This last time was the squash. It looked fine until I opened the package 2 days after purchase. The top was rotten and when I picked it up the top fell right off. I rinsed what was left and started to cut it up hoping I could save some of it but it was rotten all the way through. I thought of saving it to bring back to the store but being in such bad condition I decided to put it in the composter and talk to someone at Aldi the next time I went.

Well I decided to go the next day and I talked to someone. They told me I needed to bring it in. I told them I threw it out. That was the end of our conversation. You would think for an item less than 50¢ they would have just replaced it or send me to talk to someone else. Not the case. I like Aldi because you can get some great deals but even if you check out what you buy as good as you can their wrapped produce is less than it seems more times than not. As far as checking hand/grocery bags that I bring in as other complaints I have seen this has never happened. No one has ever been rude but this is a new store so maybe they just need time to catch up. Customer service is definitely not to my liking.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Aldi appear to have recently changed their provider for their popcorn brand and I think you can definitely taste the change. The new one is vile and tasteless. It tastes like it's been microwaved and then put in a bag. I will not be buying it from them anymore because of this. Sorry Aldi went the wrong way their flavor.

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I got to the checkout, a greasy haired and aggressive 20 something girl at the checkout, demanded to see inside my handbag. It was a very SMALL ladies handbag and I refused, saying that my personal handbag was not for her eyes. She ranted at me that it was a "requirement' of Aldi that I surrender my handbag to be searched and that she was calling the manager. I was appalled at being spoken to like a common criminal and walked out of the store, leaving my groceries in store.

When I contacted Aldi, they confirmed their decision to search everyone's bags when they were leaving the store, no matter how small. They apologized for the staff rudeness, but insisted on their right to search everyone. All I can say, is cheap food and even cheaper service. I won't shop there again. How pathetic. Every Aldi customer is treated like a thief because Aldi are too cheap to buy security software. Safeway and Coles supermarkets have never treated me in such an aggressive and accusatory manner. I will take my business to anywhere other than Aldi now.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Last night I was yelled by a cashier at Aldi for asking him to be gentle with a plant (orchid) I was getting. He told me "this is your responsibility, you don't want a broken plant, then hold it!" This is shocking!!! Insane!!! Cashiers' job is to take care of the customers trying to check out! When I asked for his manager, he said "my manager wouldn't do anything, call the owner of the store!" This is funny that these days you can be treated so miserably for just asking simple customer service. At the end of the day, I was not getting groceries for free. Aldi needs to do train their employees to deliver better customer service! The cashier's name was ** from 4580 Duke Street Aldi.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Aldi's used to be my favorite market and my ultimate go to grocer. Since I've been going for 4 years just recently I've discovered that the food does not get old as it used to or should. I experimented on an apple and it didn't rot after 3 days after my son took two to three bites. The food is not real. Do your own studies. Experiment with the food. We owe that to ourselves. I haven't been back since!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Stopped in quickly to buy a few groceries. I was trying to load my bag and pull the cart over to get out of the way. The cashier's response "did you buy a cart"? No. I was simply trying to load my bag without holding up the line. I was going to bring it right back to her. She then started throwing the other peoples stuff in the cart I was unloading. Don't worry. I wasn't trying to take the stupid quarter.

Original review: April 9, 2018

They advertised a gazebo on sale for 129.00 and it was never available for purchase. Why would advertise something if you dont have it and I went to every ALDI I know. All they said, "It was not send to us. There is nothing we can do." Not even I'm sorry or anything.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The cashier wanted to pat me down and got mad when I told him no, if he had a problem he could call the police and they could do it if he thought I did something wrong. He chose not to take it any further.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The fruits and vegetables are always fresh and if you find a problem all you have to do is tell the manager and he will take care of it. Their prices are reasonable, not cheap, but good for people that are older or raising a family. Their freezer foods are great quality, never had a problem with any of it. If and when I found a problem all I had to do is take it back. They refund and tell you to get another one free. What is better than that. I give Aldi a 10.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Highs: low prices, good selection, good quality, fast check out. Lows: 25 cents to rent a shopping cart, you get it back when you return the cart to cart area, Bring your own bags or buy them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Aldi is good. Price is affordable most of the time. However, food is sometimes low quality. Also, the store in Waupaca is too small and busy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

With this particular store they offer grocery items at a discount price and a lot of seasonal items as well as everyday low prices. The drawback to this is that it depends on demographics what items are available. The store is part of Trader Joe's which offers more upscale items. My only wish is to have a better selection of produce and meat.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Today my Mother & I visited ALDI for the 1st time. We noticed no grocery carts, then we looked around the store, noticed a few items and decided to purchase them. When I got to the checkout counter the cashier for me to move all my "glass" to the back. I follow her order. Then began to ring up the person in front of me quickly and the woman in front of me threw up a stopper to block our purchases. She finished her two purchases and bought 2 bags and went off to put her groceries into her 2 bags and leave store. I bought 7 small items which needed to be bagged so I purchased a bag. Then paid & tried to go to put my groceries into bags, and the cashier starts throwing other people's groceries on top of mine and tries to place my groceries up behind her cash register.

I thought she had lost her mind. I have never had this happen ever at a grocery store. It was idiotic behavior. I demanded she stop. Give me my paid groceries back to me so I could bag them. Then I left with a awful first feeling of ALDI. I will NEVER shop here again. Thank god I didn't purchase??? many bags of groceries. The lady in front of me, my mother, & the 3 people behind said they would never shop at ALDI again ever after what they witnessed. Someone needs to FIRE the brunette short haired lady cashier who works at 1st Colonial NEW store. She's rude, disrespectful, a idiot and has no clue what she's doing. There were few people in this location and the 5 who witnessed this said Never again! Worst experience ever!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Aldi has fair prices, good quality, reasonable selection, very good coffee and chocolate. Plus, supports fair trade, sustainability and helps environment by requiring patrons to supply their own bags.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This grocery store has the best deals and the best prices. Cannot be compared to any other. They sell organic, gluten-free and regular foods. Will never find a customer service like this. These folks are the best. I can only think of one downfall. If you are in a hurry this is probably not for you. Not because of the service but because of the low prices and the quality service.

ALDI Company Information