2. Shopping

ALDI

ALDI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

ALDI Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALDI?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I have shopped at an Aldi store for the better part of 15 years. Until recently it was my favorite store and by all accounts still is. Prices have sky rocketed and in a lot of cases, the prices are higher than the local Walmart store. As much as I do not want to shop at Walmart, it's hard not to. I was even willing to make the 40 minute ride to the Aldi closest to me but that is becoming increasingly difficult as well. Sorry Aldi, but you are now becoming just another grocery store, unfortunately.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I shop Aldi several times a month, they have very good prices on lots of the essentials. My dogs love their small canned food, only 45 cents per can compared to Little Caesars at 82 cents per can at Walmart. Always a good selection of fresh vegetables. They also have a very good selection of cheeses and other dairy. I have found prices on fresh meats, and canned food at better prices other places. Like all markets, you have to shop around if you want to save money. But all in all a great place to save on your food budget. I do wish they had a better variety of meats and seafood.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Aldi is a great, lower cost alternative to some other grocery stores. It is kind of like a mix between Trader Joe's (a few specialty items, curated in terms of what they have and unique options) and bigger stores that sell more general food items. Prices are very good. Some items under the Aldi in-house brand are a miss (string cheese is a meh) but others are family favorites we go back for again and again (the package containing different charcuterie meats). We also like they have very spot-on seasonal non-food products.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

The store could be set up in a better manner for ease of access to product hidden behind other product and their meats are old, and they taste badly. The chips stale and the frozen goods are practically made of false product. The prices are very different than any other local grocery store and the fresh fruits and vegetables are usually bad bruised rotten. The service is horrible, if I wished to have someone just toss my food around I would do this on my own. It's not a place I enjoy visiting.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

They don't have the huge variety of the mega grocery stores but they are great for the basics with good quality & better prices. If the other stores "sale" prices on the same item do not at least match the Aldi price, it is not a real sale. The produce is almost always good. The meats are high quality. They do have some distribution issues where some stores do not get enough of a particular product for the demand & others have too much for the demand. The problem, as I hear from employees, is that the local stores have no input on what they receive. Fortunately, they have not followed the trend of self-checkout lanes, which in many mega stores slows down the checkout process & requires constant employee assistance. Aldi’s checkout is usually fast & they adjust the number of checkout lane quickly to the ever changing demand. They also have a better return policy on Aldi's products than the mega stores.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I do like Aldi's but I am getting a little tired of them advertising items and then not having them. If you ask they will tell you they have sold out even though you are there early or they will say they did not come in. How often can this happen? Not good for my Aldi's since Lidl recently open a store in the same town.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I have on numerous occasions gone to the six Aldi stores closest to my home, some 10 miles away on the start date for their add. At least 8 out of 10 times they do not have the advertised items at "any" of their locations. I'm referring to more than just one item. Looking to their website is not at all useful. While it shows items in stock and available, you might drive 10 miles only to discover they actually never had the items advertised, or, they may have had "one"... Example..."one" jacket or "one" pair of leggings. Two weeks ago it was advertised shelves. They are such a disappointment. I will no longer shop Aldi!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I've just had to throw out another 1/2 gallon of milk that had a Feb 14 expiration date and today is Feb 9. So far I've thrown out about 6 gallons of milk over last few months. All were not expired. I used to buy 3 every 10 days. Now I have reduced that amount to 2. It seems that since the milk is now put in different shaped jugs than the old standard jugs it takes on a funny taste after opening. Is the plastic in these jugs food safe? I have never thrown out milk that were in the old style jugs. I can't describe the taste other than it seems to tend toward the taste of almond milk. Are your filling machines clean and sanitary? Do you use the same ones to fill almond milk? Does the residue from almond milk settle at the bottom of the jug? This may be the issue as the taste comes out when the jug is about 1/2 empty.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

So I went to Aldi for a mortar and pestle. Could not find any. I thought I lost my phone. The cashier was very helpful calling my phone, giving great suggestions. He called my phone when I went outside to check my car. I was freaking out. Thank you so much Keon. I think that's the spelling anyway. Keon gets a 10 out of 10 from me. ALDI IN MIAMI GARDENS. 02/08 IN THE MORNING. Again, thank you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Aldi's staffed the carts and kept everything wiped down, but they've done away with that and leaving customer's to fend for themselves. What I hate about this is when you check out, you don't get to keep your own sanitized cart. Not that big a deal, I guess, since they'll wipe down the handle. However, they can't wipe down the quarter. So some runny nosed Covid 19 infected person that may have coughed on their quarter before using it, is now yours to deal with. NASTY. I think that's why I'm seeing more and more returned carts with the quarters still in them.

ALDI Company Information