ALDI
  • 1 star
Based on 85 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ALDI

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

93 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

BE AWARE!!! ALDI'S WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE FAULT FOR STORE INJURIES BUT WILL HAPPILY TAKE YOUR MONEY!!! BE AWARE!!! While shopping in the ALDI's store in District Heights, MD. Oct. 2017, I had at least 6-7 heavy foldable hampers, made of metal, and cloth slip from the shelf, and fall onto the ankle portion of my leg causing an injury. The injury was so serious that I wound up having to go to the emergency room, and taking medical leave (doctor's orders) from my job. (I have medical documentation).

Following, a written report to the store manager, before leaving the store, I was contacted by the store's legal team weeks later, the person contacting me, refused to return my calls. Following email contact, the same investigator called me, leaving several rude, non caring remarks on my phone, following up by a letter, days later, said ALDI's was not liable for my injury. They state that I caused the injury myself by pulling the hamper on my own foot as they saw on the store tape. When asked to review the tape myself with them, they said I was not entitled because they did their investigation, and in their OPINION, that is what happened.

Just for clarity, I informed all persons involved that I was not seeking any compensation of any type. I just wanted an apology, a store review of their shelving and safety procedures as well as assurance that no one else want sustain such an injury, or any other injury in their store. Instead I got rude statements from investigators, who acted with lack of concern, empathy, and care. I had a friend that said she had also been in the store, had a similar incident and received the same negative results. ALDI'S DOES NOT CARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Today at 3 p.m. I went to my ALDI at 9660 Legacy Dr, Fort Worth which had remodeled and mailed me a $5 off coupon. I put one jar of blue cheese stuffed olives in my cart which had a total of over $50 in groceries. The $3.29 olives had a shelf tag with "Special $2 off" red sticker on it. When they rang up $3.29, I notified the cashier and took her to the place where the shelf tag showed $2 off. She removed the tag saying they go by the computer not the shelf tag (I have always gotten the shelf tag price at Aldi when it rang up higher, so that is LIE #1). I asked for the manager, and a guy (**, I think) told me that the shelf tags are preprinted and never changed (LIE #2, they change the shelf tags many times with a red marker). I asked ** "So you are not going to honor $2 off on ONE BOTTLE OF OLIVES? I spend about $75 a week at Aldi."

His response was that they can't override the prices (LIE #3, they can, and have). I told the manager I would just cancel my whole order and that losing a $3,500 a year customer over $2 was insane. Not a word from the manager as I walked out with my groceries still on the conveyor belt. About 30 seconds later, I came back in, and the checker said "I knew you would be back," and started ringing up my items. I said "I want my quarter back for the cart deposit." I went to the nearby Kroger and paid a few dollars more for their own store brands, mentioned my experience with Aldi, and the store manager even gave me $5 off for my Aldi coupon. THAT'S how you make and keep loyal customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I reported twice a problem regarding the same product to Customer Service. Each time I received an automated response, which proves that they don't pay attention to our concerns and specific problems related to their products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My mom gave me a candy bar purchased from Aldi. Tasted fine, but there was plastic mixed into the chocolate. I wasn't that upset about it, but I thought I would contact the company to let them know that wherever they were buying their chocolate from needed a little more supervision. I am unable to contact them. Everything else on their website works, including the frequently asked questions that are basically generic and have scripted responses. But when it comes to sending them a complaint by email, conveniently nothing connects. I opened the website several times, several different ways, on several different devices. It would seem they just don't want to hear any feedback. We will see over time if they review this site and try to contact me. Any takers that the answer is affirmative?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Prices are really good. ALDI carries a lot of unknown brands but they are not too bad. Fruits and veggies are fresh and cheaper than most stores. The cons are having to bring your own bags or buy them there and having to put a quarter in their shopping cart but you do get it back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Aldi is a good supermarket for your basic food needs. Your commodity items like milk, butter, cottage cheese, some baking products, cereal, frozen and can vegetable are as good as most all other stores. Meats and chicken doesn't always seem stable, their produce, I would shop elsewhere. It's overly ripe or not ripe enough, it is hit and miss. Paper products are as good as any store brand. You will spend much less 10-15% less than your average grocery store and much more than at Giant Eagle and other regional stores.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

They don't take personal checks, card or cash. They don't really carry name brand but what they carry is just as good and for a discount store you don't get all the bells and whistles save a dollar makes a difference.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Aldi has really stepped up their game on variety, quality and the experience overall. The produce is very good and low cost. I have cut my grocery bill in half over the last year by switching to Aldi for most of my items.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I love Aldi and they have gluten free so I can do all my shopping there. They have good prices and I like that everything is GMO and trans fat free. I get healthy food at a low price from Aldi.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Their meat prices are extreme, sometimes fruits and vegetables cost too much for the way they look. They do offer items you probably won't find anywhere else including non-food but you can't make that your only store because of things they don't sell.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

While Aldi doesn't have everything you are looking for sometimes, they are still well worth stopping by and picking up what they do have–great value and products.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I shopped Aldi's when I lived in Germany. I like the idea of using local products and of bringing my own bags to keep prices down.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I love shopping at Aldi as their store brands are just as good if not better than the name brands and the price is so much less. Their produce is great and they have unique items non grocery for sale too at great prices. They save money by having you bag your groceries and renting the grocery cart. Great place to shop!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Aldi is a small grocery store and their produces are not too pricey. Selection is limited to some fresh, regular and organic fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, juices, breads, some frozen foods and other things. They do not carry the big brands but the facility is clean and they have good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Being on a fixed income, and eating healthy foods is somewhat of a paradox these days. Aldi provides many organic, quality products for a reasonable price, which allows me and my little family to stay within budget and eat well. And, they are continually adding more and more options. The customer service is exemplary, and I am able to do the majority of my grocery shopping at Aldi.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Shopped at Aldi since I was a child in Europe and in the US since the 90s. Almost never disappointed. Once I bought an inferior product - a door hook panel (Made in China). It started corroding in the bathroom after 6 month. Good that I kept the package and receipt. Called the toll free number from the package (Aldi customer service). They asked me only 2 question after I identified the product: What is wrong with it? And my name & address (No discussion or any arguing, but a pleasant very short talk - two questions!). A week later I received a check for the full refund plus $1. They did not even want me to return the failed product. Beside that I don't recall any issues. Save thousand of dollars over my lifetime.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

ALDI offers a great selection of foods at really reasonable prices and their produce is always fresh and they have a wide selection. Even though they have their house brand on most items, I find them to be very good tasting. If I cannot get the product I need/want there, I then go to my regular grocer - Remke's.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I like that the basic products are there at an economic price. I wish they had more of the personal care products under their brand names. If I have to buy a name brand product I will buy it where I can use a coupon.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I used ALDI semi-skimmed milk today, from a newly opened four-litre carton (use-by date 23 October). Bought six days ago from the Great Harwood store and kept refrigerated since. Coffee had bits floating in it, obviously derived from the milk. This has happened several times in the last year or so, but never with milk subsequently bought elsewhere. A few weeks ago, after yet more milk replete with floaters (which are still present even if half the carton is poured away), I registered a complaint via the ALDI website. I supplied barcode and batch details. I did not receive a response. Poor customer service indeed. Won't be buying milk from ALDI again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have been shopping at ALDI for almost four years now. Not once, have I been let down by price, flavor, or quality. My reason for writing this review is to recommend this store regardless of what others say. The prices are cheap, and the food quality is wonderful. I can buy a dozen eggs for 45 cents and the organic food is NOT overpriced compared to places like Walmart or Whole Foods.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I visited Aldi's on Holland road in VA beach Virginia a couple of weeks ago. It has only been open a couple months. I am very dissatisfied with prices and quality of merchandise. Bread that molded within 24 hours, strawberries that were black inside, corn that tasted like dirt. No brand names, brand name prices for generic merchandise. Also the staff acted as if you were bothering them if you inquired information about anything. I would never recommend Aldi's to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Drove 33 miles further to shop. Aldi store was closed remolded. Looked at page for location two days and day before ads for Burlington and Durham NC. Burlington location did not have closed for remolding. Sent email and of course CS blame my browser one time maybe but not several times. I went to bookmark and surprise they had corrected the page. All they had to say was “We corrected the problem.” If you need customer service just remember it is your fault or your computer.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Purchased a package of Sea Queen Wild Caught Soy Ginger Salmon Fillets skinless and boneless. It said it has two Fillets and when I opened the package I saw one was salmon but one was another kind of white fish. So I turned the box over and saw the contents were Salmon and tilapia. On six sides of the box it says Salmon but there is one tiny sentence on the back of the box that says the contents are Salmon, tilapia. It is very misleading. I thought I was buying a package of salmon not half salmon and half tilapia.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Today my partner and I shopped in ALDI. Unfortunately my partner discovered his Debit Card was missing when he returned home about 2 hours later! I immediately returned to ALDI and saw the young lady who was on the check out at till 5. She realized he had left his card and rushed out to find us in the car park but couldn't see us. She kept his card in the draw by the till which I collected. What a star she was, a credit to her and a great asset to the Aldi store. We have been through her till many times and she is very professional and courteous, as I said, a great asset to ALDI.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Fresh items are Australian and very good value but all tins and packaged items are imported. The staff are extremely unfriendly and won't acknowledge you if they are not on the register.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Carries a large variety of foods, fresh & frozen. Meats are good, at very reasonable prices. The problem is, not all states have Aldi's Supermarkets. I moved from Cleveland to Colorado Springs & there is no Aldi's Store.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Have been shopping at ALDI #73 for almost seven years and have loved it. The quality has always been excellent, in fact, I prefer the ALDI brand above others. You may be wondering why I'm giving them only three stars? The reason for only three stars is out of concern from several recent visits. With hopes Aldi will address, hopefully, just experiencing growing pains. The past several visits to the location in Euless, Texas, has been more than a disgusting disappoint. The last visit, actually had to leave and shop somewhere else. The entire store was absolutely filthy.

Starts with the carts, there was so much garbage on the ground and stuck in and around the carts, felt like I was shopping at the local dump. Proceeded into the store, trash, dirt, and debris all over the floors and shelves. Produce on the floor, dried up broken eggs on the floor in the coolers. A large amount of dust and dirt all over the cans, etc. You could literally write "clean me" on the top of the coffee cans. Every corner had so much built up dirt stuck in them, it looked like it has never been cleaned. Then looked at some meat, and it was past expiration. Decided then we had to leave because I was concerned about purchasing contaminated food for my family.

As a loyal customer, asked to speak with the manager. The cashier was less than kind with that response. I then did a quick walk around the store and discreetly took a few pictures to sent to corp with hopes they can address. I then went to another Aldi, which was perfect and the staff was so nice. Will now shop at that location. As a concerned loyal customer, called the customer complaint line. Left a message with concerns of Euless location. Have not received a response. I am writing this review with hopes Aldi will make a attempt to maintain all their stores. Concerned of sanitation and selling contaminated food to the public. I really hope they address these issues because other than the stated location, Aldi is awesome.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I started shopping at Aldi many years ago. Back then the company only took cash and the cashiers memorized all the prices. I would go in with a list and a calculator to make sure that I did not go over the amount of money that I had brought with me. I was always amazed at how much food that I was able to buy. Being a single mother of 3, that was very important to me. Now they take debit cards and have a bigger selection (sometimes name brands) but the overall experience is still the same. Much food for less.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I love ALDI. I used the store a lot when I lived in Brighton, it was only a small one. I moved to Worthing some years ago and in the last five years my osteoarthritis has got worse to the point that I can barely cross the road. You can imagine my excitement when I found out recently that a new store had opened about 5 miles away in Rustington West Sussex. A large brand-new out of town store. On my arrival recently I was disappointed to find only six disabled bays in a large carpark. All full.

Luckily I had my own wheelchair with me since I found there were no wheelchairs or electric mobility scooters provided within the store (there were however clip on wheelchair attachment baskets). Sadly I won't be able to use this store either as access is just so difficult for me, and this must be the same for many other disabled people that are even worse than myself. I'm just so surprised in this day and age that ALDI stands out from most of the other large stores by actively discouraging disabled people to come to their store.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Store #104 at 6295 West Broad St. is the closest supermarket to my home so I shop there often, but I have a real issue with some of the employees. One employee in particular by the name of ** who is always rude. Every time I walk up to her register, instead of a friendly hello I get a dirty look and utter silence. To top that off she throws items into the cart like she's shooting hoops. Anything that actually does come out of her mouth is rude. ** also doesn't hand me my change but throws it on the counter, this has happened on several visits to this location.

One other employee with whom I've had an unpleasant encounter was a rather androgynous girl with short dirty blonde hair and glasses. I didn't get her name but on a recent trip to this store I checked out with her and didn't originally have a cart, so this girl put my items into the cart that was already sitting there. When I attempted to take the cart over to the counter to bag up my items she ripped the cart from my hands and told me I couldn't take it. Now I'm aware that ALDI company pays cashiers more than the average checkout person takes home, I would think that and the cushy chair they get to sit in would afford them better customer service skills.

I don't pretend to know what these girls' issues are because frankly I really couldn't care less, a 5-7 minute interaction shouldn't entail so much unpleasantness. On a positive note there is one employee by the name of Jacob who is top notch. Always friendly, service with smile, no issues, no chip on his shoulder, the guy is awesome, especially compared to the two "ladies" I just mentioned. They could really stand to learn a thing or two from him. Perhaps he should re-train them. Just some insight from a rather dissatisfied customer.

ALDI Company Information