ALDI

• 2 stars0
    • 1 stars0

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with ALDI:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

I needed to replace a sagging 15 year old mattress. Did a lot of research but could not decide on a particular brand, however I knew I would spend $500 to $1500. I ran across an ad for Aldi's and saw this mattress and could not believe, for one, that they were selling a mattress (in their special buy's) and the price of $199.99. I could not find a bad review anywhere. My wife and I decided to try it as Aldi's had a return policy. This is the best money I have spent in many years. I have had 2 lower back surgeries and have been suffering with pain for a long time. This is one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. Very firm but very comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a mattress at an unreal deal.

I do not do all of my shopping at Aldi. I buy certain things like their produce (much cheaper). Foreign chocolates. Great frozen cakes. Best price on yogurt. Best price for canned soups.

I don't expect a lot of frills. They have the types of goods I want at a great price. ALDI has products that are equal to or better than other stores. They have products that fit the dietary need of my family; all natural ingredients, no preservatives, etc.

Sometimes shelves are empty. So to be better stocked. Sometimes items are only there for special deals. They don't carry them all the time. The organic bananas are the best. Also a lot of times they are cheaper than non organic in other stores. The stores are always clean. Many of their house brands are excellent.

With many articles, they are available on week and not the next. The real problem is with seasonal foods. They may be available for only 1 day out of the year. Prior week's choices not being available for undetermined times. The absence of certain necessary items frequently forces me to go to another grocery store. Prices are very competitive when the items are in stock. Brand name choices are limited, but it speeds up the speed of the shopping experience. The number of cashiers present is usually too few for the number of customers in the store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

I love the hummus, but don't like to see so many varieties. I like Aldi for their cost, variety and associates. I only buy certain things there. I wouldn't buy the health and beauty items there because they are over my budget. I love the breads, but they don't always have what I like available.

They had advertised a portable DVD player for $39.00. I went to buy two on Thursday 5/8/2010 at 10.30am and I was told they had sold out. I went to another Aldi store and was told they were also sold out half an hour after opening. I can't get to the store before 10.30am as I am a carer and can't leave until then. Considering the sale started on that day, it seems strange that all Aldi stores across Melbourne, Victoria were all sold out. I rung Aldi head office and I was told they will look into it as they knew as others had complained. One of my friends was at the Werribee store just after it had opened and was told they were sold out. It's not the first time they have advertised a product and was sold out Melbourne wide on the first day of sale. I am waiting to hear from you. Thank you. I was planning to give them for Christmas presents.