2.65/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

134 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Whether morning or evening, each time I go to this location, there is a looong line! I'm sure a manager can see how long the line is behind that mirror facing the cashier YET they continue to make customers WAIT! They need to hire more cashiers. Also, there is ALWAYS panhandlers approaching you on the parking lot as you enter and exit. Someone from the store needs to send them away from the store.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I've shopped at Aldi for as long as they have been in town and I was always satisfied with the products and the prices, but things have changed in the last few months. The packaging and the contents are not what they were. As an example the mushroom spaghetti sauce is now pasta sauce so watery doesn't taste the same, the bran flakes are so crushed, the chicken noodle soup looks like the noodles are so chopped up and the soup is thick and slimy, also the turkey bacon is not the same so much dark meat and so tough. Whatever has happened to these products I hope you can go back to something that was good. Why fix something that was great to begin with.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Every week I do my shopping in ALDI, it was one of my favorites until today that I had the worst experience with a cashier, she was scanned the products and threw them for the shopping cart without caring that I was going to pay for them, when I said her, "please, do not that", she answered me without respect, very nasty, unfriendly. I think that person does not know how to deal with clients, and she does not deserve to work there. ALDI, 16367 NW 57th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33014.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I just bought a bag of Heart to Tail Complete Nutrition Dry Dog Food, along with the rest of my groceries, at my local 34th St. S in St Petersburg, Florida. I drove home with my windows open, so I did not notice the absolutely foul smell coming from the groceries. Upon inspection, I realized the smell was coming from the dog food. I opened the bag and a swarm of flying bugs came out. Along with a huge infestation of larvae, there were a ton of moldy pieces of dog food. I looked at my other food, and realized that since there was a small hole in the bag, the bugs had already gotten to my other groceries. I had to throw everything out immediately so my kitchen was not infested.

Original review: June 10, 2018

When you buy you must verify your receipt before leaving. If you have a claim even though you paid using a credit card they aren't able to put the money back to it and you would end with cash or a Gift Card. That they charge me twice for two products. One was cancel. The other I ended with a Gift Card. Beware of their practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: June 3, 2018

The quality and flavor of the Aldi's brand is top notch. The prices put the competition to shame. The lines move quickly and you never see shopping carts all over the parking lot.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Consumed on 5-30. Noticeable crystalline nano metals in the Jiffy Corn Bread Mix 0 72486 00220 5 sell by date 3/21/19. Purchased on 5-16. Aldi Store #72 5201 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC. Manager: **. Reactions: Stomach (bloating, gas, indigestion), crawling sensations to the head, forehead. Crystal sensations in the mouth and signal attacks to the feet. I already contacted corporate about the biscuits, which also had the same substance in it. There is more detail about contamination on my blog. If you are experiencing the same problem, we need to expose this criminal activity.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I've been shopping ALDI store 6015 State St. Saginaw 48603 for 8 years, everything was fine until a new cashier came last year. She was very rude all the time, as if every day was her bad day. Today, I was the first in line to checkout, since the person behind me only had three items, I told the cashier to let him go first. She did, then she went mad and started screaming loudly at me because I was unloading my cart while trying to let the other person go first. At that time, everybody in the line was very orderly. She didn't let the next customer behind me to unload their cart, even when I put the separator behind my last item. She seriously need training because I've seen this multiple times. She treat her customers like they owe her millions.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have bought veggies before and often have had a few small problems but let it go due to only shopping once a week here. This last time was the squash. It looked fine until I opened the package 2 days after purchase. The top was rotten and when I picked it up the top fell right off. I rinsed what was left and started to cut it up hoping I could save some of it but it was rotten all the way through. I thought of saving it to bring back to the store but being in such bad condition I decided to put it in the composter and talk to someone at Aldi the next time I went.

Well I decided to go the next day and I talked to someone. They told me I needed to bring it in. I told them I threw it out. That was the end of our conversation. You would think for an item less than 50¢ they would have just replaced it or send me to talk to someone else. Not the case. I like Aldi because you can get some great deals but even if you check out what you buy as good as you can their wrapped produce is less than it seems more times than not. As far as checking hand/grocery bags that I bring in as other complaints I have seen this has never happened. No one has ever been rude but this is a new store so maybe they just need time to catch up. Customer service is definitely not to my liking.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Aldi appear to have recently changed their provider for their popcorn brand and I think you can definitely taste the change. The new one is vile and tasteless. It tastes like it's been microwaved and then put in a bag. I will not be buying it from them anymore because of this. Sorry Aldi went the wrong way their flavor.

Original review: May 13, 2018

When I got to the checkout, a greasy haired and aggressive 20 something girl at the checkout, demanded to see inside my handbag. It was a very SMALL ladies handbag and I refused, saying that my personal handbag was not for her eyes. She ranted at me that it was a "requirement' of Aldi that I surrender my handbag to be searched and that she was calling the manager. I was appalled at being spoken to like a common criminal and walked out of the store, leaving my groceries in store.

When I contacted Aldi, they confirmed their decision to search everyone's bags when they were leaving the store, no matter how small. They apologized for the staff rudeness, but insisted on their right to search everyone. All I can say, is cheap food and even cheaper service. I won't shop there again. How pathetic. Every Aldi customer is treated like a thief because Aldi are too cheap to buy security software. Safeway and Coles supermarkets have never treated me in such an aggressive and accusatory manner. I will take my business to anywhere other than Aldi now.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Last night I was yelled by a cashier at Aldi for asking him to be gentle with a plant (orchid) I was getting. He told me "this is your responsibility, you don't want a broken plant, then hold it!" This is shocking!!! Insane!!! Cashiers' job is to take care of the customers trying to check out! When I asked for his manager, he said "my manager wouldn't do anything, call the owner of the store!" This is funny that these days you can be treated so miserably for just asking simple customer service. At the end of the day, I was not getting groceries for free. Aldi needs to do train their employees to deliver better customer service! The cashier's name was ** from 4580 Duke Street Aldi.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Aldi's used to be my favorite market and my ultimate go to grocer. Since I've been going for 4 years just recently I've discovered that the food does not get old as it used to or should. I experimented on an apple and it didn't rot after 3 days after my son took two to three bites. The food is not real. Do your own studies. Experiment with the food. We owe that to ourselves. I haven't been back since!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Stopped in quickly to buy a few groceries. I was trying to load my bag and pull the cart over to get out of the way. The cashier's response "did you buy a cart"? No. I was simply trying to load my bag without holding up the line. I was going to bring it right back to her. She then started throwing the other peoples stuff in the cart I was unloading. Don't worry. I wasn't trying to take the stupid quarter.

Original review: April 9, 2018

They advertised a gazebo on sale for 129.00 and it was never available for purchase. Why would advertise something if you dont have it and I went to every ALDI I know. All they said, "It was not send to us. There is nothing we can do." Not even I'm sorry or anything.

Original review: April 4, 2018

The cashier wanted to pat me down and got mad when I told him no, if he had a problem he could call the police and they could do it if he thought I did something wrong. He chose not to take it any further.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The fruits and vegetables are always fresh and if you find a problem all you have to do is tell the manager and he will take care of it. Their prices are reasonable, not cheap, but good for people that are older or raising a family. Their freezer foods are great quality, never had a problem with any of it. If and when I found a problem all I had to do is take it back. They refund and tell you to get another one free. What is better than that. I give Aldi a 10.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Highs: low prices, good selection, good quality, fast check out. Lows: 25 cents to rent a shopping cart, you get it back when you return the cart to cart area, Bring your own bags or buy them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Aldi is good. Price is affordable most of the time. However, food is sometimes low quality. Also, the store in Waupaca is too small and busy.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

With this particular store they offer grocery items at a discount price and a lot of seasonal items as well as everyday low prices. The drawback to this is that it depends on demographics what items are available. The store is part of Trader Joe's which offers more upscale items. My only wish is to have a better selection of produce and meat.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Today my Mother & I visited ALDI for the 1st time. We noticed no grocery carts, then we looked around the store, noticed a few items and decided to purchase them. When I got to the checkout counter the cashier for me to move all my "glass" to the back. I follow her order. Then began to ring up the person in front of me quickly and the woman in front of me threw up a stopper to block our purchases. She finished her two purchases and bought 2 bags and went off to put her groceries into her 2 bags and leave store. I bought 7 small items which needed to be bagged so I purchased a bag. Then paid & tried to go to put my groceries into bags, and the cashier starts throwing other people's groceries on top of mine and tries to place my groceries up behind her cash register.

I thought she had lost her mind. I have never had this happen ever at a grocery store. It was idiotic behavior. I demanded she stop. Give me my paid groceries back to me so I could bag them. Then I left with a awful first feeling of ALDI. I will NEVER shop here again. Thank god I didn't purchase??? many bags of groceries. The lady in front of me, my mother, & the 3 people behind said they would never shop at ALDI again ever after what they witnessed. Someone needs to FIRE the brunette short haired lady cashier who works at 1st Colonial NEW store. She's rude, disrespectful, a idiot and has no clue what she's doing. There were few people in this location and the 5 who witnessed this said Never again! Worst experience ever!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Aldi has fair prices, good quality, reasonable selection, very good coffee and chocolate. Plus, supports fair trade, sustainability and helps environment by requiring patrons to supply their own bags.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

This grocery store has the best deals and the best prices. Cannot be compared to any other. They sell organic, gluten-free and regular foods. Will never find a customer service like this. These folks are the best. I can only think of one downfall. If you are in a hurry this is probably not for you. Not because of the service but because of the low prices and the quality service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

As long as you know what you're looking for. Can't beat the prices. Fruits and vegetables are local so you don't have any preservatives. The chicken and pork are good. I'd stay away from Hamburg unless you going to mix it with something. Bring your own bags.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

In recent months have noticed that their produce has deteriorated in quality. Other than that their products match up to other store brands and their prices are more consumer friendly when you need to shop on a budget.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Prices are much lower than the big box store WalMart, Kroger, etc. I don't like getting ripped off, and I feel WalMart, Kroger, etc are ripping people off with their prices.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Starting 12/30/17 and continuing for my next 3 weekly visits to Aldi the store at zip code 19050 has been out of fresh broccoli. During my second visit, I simply made an inquiry to the store manager. She was less than pleasant and downright dismissive. She said it is an ordering problem and she has no control over that. She just kept saying sarcastically she was sorry for the inconvenience on my continued polite attempts to ask how the store could resolve it or elevate the ordering issue. The third week she approached me and asked if I saw the broccoli, I kindly replied it is not there. She escorted me to the location and realized there was none and I just mentioned politely this was the third week in a row they were out of broccoli. The manager did not offer any response other than it was there that morning as the truck delivered it that morning.

I realize this store does not have multiple truck deliveries, therefore it would be some time before customers will be supplied with this produce. 1/16/18 I called Aldi customer service. The agent said due severe heat in California and Mexico there is a shortage of broccoli. I did not find this shortage in other local grocery stores. I replied there was plenty of cauliflower the past 3 weeks which is grown in similar locations. I asked why the store manager responded with a different reason, the agent said managers are not as aware of these issues. I think it would benefit the store managers to be made aware, so they don’t provide false information.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

We have been shopping at ALDI for years, and for the most part have been very pleased with their store-brand products, especially some of their imported items from Germany. However, lately, buying their store-brand products has felt like playing the lottery! Rarely, some items are surprisingly good (the French-Fried Onions that truly rival the national brand) and some are utterly awful, like the organic chicken broth that tasted like nothing but plain salt water. We joked about the fact that maybe it really was chicken broth, but that the recipe called for one chicken in 20,000 gallons of water! Ha!

All jokes aside, it can be wearying to have to keep bringing products back because they are tasteless or otherwise unacceptable. The list of items that are not as good as other store or national brands include guacamole, hummus, some cheeses, frozen chicken breasts (we had some that still had pin feathers on it!) and more recently, skim milk that tasted watered down, apple turn-overs that turned out to have almost no apple filling, cheap-tasting egg-nog flavored ice cream, and frozen stuffed pasta shells with cheese and spinach with filling that tasted rather chalky and didn't have much spinach in them at all!

I've given ALDI two stars because at least at our local store, they do honor the double-your-money back guarantee. The disappointment, however, extends to how I believe they handle returns. They do cheerfully refund the purchase, but at times it seems like they're not particularly surprised nor alarmed at problems with quality. I wonder whether information on returns even gets shared with upper management or whether ALDI demands quality from its manufacturers or not.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Bought this individual salad for my work day lunch and looked fresh and delicious through packaging but once opened, there were lots of orange and ugly lettuce to be found including a large piece of lettuce with what seemed like dirt still on it, which means it probably wasn't washed very well. I love ALDI's prices and a variety of foods, but their customer service is not great and I have almost been ran over by a forklift while they were attempting to move a banana box/crate while shoppers were in the aisles. No apology at all for the inconvenience either.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I went to Aldi's yesterday, put 4 dark chocolate bars in my cart, label says 1.49, the register rings them up at 1.99, Some kid came out of the manager's office, went to where the bars were, came back and said "they are 1.99", I said no, I was just over there and they were 1.49. He said they are 1.99, I ask them if he had changed the tags, of course, he looked at me (rather looked down at me) and said, "They are a 1.99." I said, "Ok, I want a refund," he made some smart-aleck crack about he does not worry about $2.00. He gave me the refund, he was very rude, this is the second time, this switch on pricing was done to me. I only can come to the conclusion that Aldi does not care about the customer... It's the money.

ALDI Company Information

Aldi
1913
www.aldi.us

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business