ALDI

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love shopping Aldi. The selections are parsed down & the majority of foods are the same brands they sell in the UK. Their produce is fresh & incredibly cheap. While my local store doesn't have a huge meat selection, other large stores do. The low price on fresh produce, the variety of products & changing selection keep me coming back. I also love renting your basket for a quarter, it keeps the lots clean & they encourage you to use nondisposable bags but have plastic & paper on hand just in case.

I find that shopping at Aldi saves me money because of it limited selections. I can run in for basics like milk, eggs, lettuce, and bread and not spend money on items I do not need. Many times in other grocery stores I end up buying many items I really did not need. I also love the fast check out. Aldi is my go-to store for basic.

I like Aldi because prices are cheaper, good meat quality and selections. Customer Service should be more friendly and looks like they want to get rid of you. Otherwise I would recommend it to everyone.

I LOVE Aldi Grocery. It is my go-to for most everything. There are a few fav items I can't find but that is the norm. I find I spend less $ at Aldi. Love their guarantee. Actually I did not read the fine print to know there was a guarantee until I received double my $ back! Fruits and Veggies 99% of the time are awesome (no one can be perfect!). Milk and eggs, so much cheaper (same as the big box stores) and lots of name brand items. I have recommended many friends and even this past Tuesday I just had to have my English Walnuts (great buy $4.99 for a big bag). I stopped in with my friend Barbara - she bought a bag, saw all the great buys and told the cashier, "I'm coming back." Thank you Aldi for a great shopping experience. I could go on and on.

I have made Aldi my go to store, I shop there first and only then move on to some of the other chains for items they may not carry. They have a good selection of organics and natural products. Most important their prices can not be beat. I admit it is a no frills store but I don't need fancy surroundings to buy my groceries.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical about shopping at Aldi at first. But it is by far the easiest place to shop, and it costs at least a third less than other grocery stores. They have a nice selection of produce and organic meat. Their staff is exceptionally friendly, even on Sunday afternoons. I always recommend Aldi to people who are looking to spend less money on their weekly groceries.

My wife and I have shopped at Aldi stores for all of our married life, all 27.5 years. We buy at least 85% of all our consumable household goods there including nearly all of our groceries. We are convinced that no one can find better quality at more reasonable prices anywhere.

Since I have lived in Germany before it was nice to find Aldi coming to our neighborhood. I love their products, I love the savings and I love how eco-friendly they are. I recommend the store to all my friends!

I love this store! I know where everything is, they don't go around changing like other stores do, and the best thing is... the total bill is always surprisingly Lower than expected. Great value all around and best Gin in the world...

I am constantly pleased and often surprised by this store's supply of goodies. I can count on them for many things. I buy a lot (veggies and fruits) and enjoy the treats in the interesting cheeses and frozen products. I rarely buy prepared products, but at Aldi I do. Staff is super kind and helpful.

Aldi uses an advertising technique that I do not like. They advertise an item like chicken legs for 88 cents per pound and then stock a small amount. They do not offer rain checks. Generally, in NJ, I find that their prices are not as good as ShopRite and have a limited number of items. I guess they do not violate any laws because in the small print they say, "Quantities are limited." They also say, "Items may not be in all stores."

I needed to replace a sagging 15 year old mattress. Did a lot of research but could not decide on a particular brand, however I knew I would spend $500 to $1500. I ran across an ad for Aldi's and saw this mattress and could not believe, for one, that they were selling a mattress (in their special buy's) and the price of $199.99. I could not find a bad review anywhere. My wife and I decided to try it as Aldi's had a return policy. This is the best money I have spent in many years. I have had 2 lower back surgeries and have been suffering with pain for a long time. This is one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on. Very firm but very comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a mattress at an unreal deal.

I do not do all of my shopping at Aldi. I buy certain things like their produce (much cheaper). Foreign chocolates. Great frozen cakes. Best price on yogurt. Best price for canned soups.

I don't expect a lot of frills. They have the types of goods I want at a great price. ALDI has products that are equal to or better than other stores. They have products that fit the dietary need of my family; all natural ingredients, no preservatives, etc.

Sometimes shelves are empty. So to be better stocked. Sometimes items are only there for special deals. They don't carry them all the time. The organic bananas are the best. Also a lot of times they are cheaper than non organic in other stores. The stores are always clean. Many of their house brands are excellent.

With many articles, they are available on week and not the next. The real problem is with seasonal foods. They may be available for only 1 day out of the year. Prior week's choices not being available for undetermined times. The absence of certain necessary items frequently forces me to go to another grocery store. Prices are very competitive when the items are in stock. Brand name choices are limited, but it speeds up the speed of the shopping experience. The number of cashiers present is usually too few for the number of customers in the store.

I love the hummus, but don't like to see so many varieties. I like Aldi for their cost, variety and associates. I only buy certain things there. I wouldn't buy the health and beauty items there because they are over my budget. I love the breads, but they don't always have what I like available.

They had advertised a portable DVD player for $39.00. I went to buy two on Thursday 5/8/2010 at 10.30am and I was told they had sold out. I went to another Aldi store and was told they were also sold out half an hour after opening. I can't get to the store before 10.30am as I am a carer and can't leave until then. Considering the sale started on that day, it seems strange that all Aldi stores across Melbourne, Victoria were all sold out. I rung Aldi head office and I was told they will look into it as they knew as others had complained. One of my friends was at the Werribee store just after it had opened and was told they were sold out. It's not the first time they have advertised a product and was sold out Melbourne wide on the first day of sale. I am waiting to hear from you. Thank you. I was planning to give them for Christmas presents.

ALDI Company Profile