3.30/5

184 ALDI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

I shop there since years and also back in germany. Despite that some store employees are rude and you are not always getting the freshest products I used to like shopping at Aldis. Recently I bought liquid dishwasher detergent. The bottle must have had a crack and it messed up the carpet in my trunk. I have not left the parking lot yet. I went to the store manager Rob who was not very polite but saw the incident. Later on he denied seeing the damage albeit he gave me an incident report to fill out. Corporate blamed the manufacturer- the manufacturer blamed aldi therefore aldi closed the case. The corporate employees were extremly rude (especially ashley ** who even hanged up on me). The damage was on 6 figure price car. I have the damage and aldi does not care. They lost me as a customer for good

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had left my wallet on counter at Aldi. Didn’t realize until later in the day. Went back and the lady working that day had put it in the office. Long story short it show me that they’re good people working at Aldi. I try to compliment on my experience with customer service but didn’t bother to check out my story. Just appreciate the workers at Aldi. Thanks to Savannah.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had a nasty experience while checking out at Aldi. I was behind someone who was slow in emptying a large cart but the belt kept moving. So my stuff was arriving at the end before the guy in front of me was empty. The cashier looked at him and said "he (meaning me) is not paying attention." Wow. I have since learned Aldi instructs cashiers to move the belt at warp speed to reduce time. What a nightmare! I brought this to attention of the Eldersburg, Md manager and he just grinned.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The Palmetto Aldi store is getting worse about the quality of fruits & vegetables. The last several times I have tried to shop here I've seen & smelled mold on the fruits & vegetables. The employees don't seem to care when you point it out to them.

Original review: March 26, 2019

A little bit cheaper price but good quality most specially the fruits and vegetables, and if you're in a hurry, checkout is fast and friendly staff.. The items is always in stock, clean and organize inside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aldi?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have frequently shopped ALDI, weekly or more, and completely satisfied, until recently. The Salmon which I bought weekly, had to be returned four consistent times due to bad smell. I no longer purchase. In addition, chicken wings are dark, I suppose from dried blood (?). The skin, at various parts of wing, is also dry. Some prices are more expensive. To reiterate, I appreciated this store, product and pricing, for several years, but have now lost this gratitude.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Great value for the prices. Allows an individual on a fixed income to eat healthy. I also enjoy the special finds that the store has which are at unbelievable prices. Would like the opportunity to still buy some products that are special finds when they sell out.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Fresh and well placed items in all departments at a great prices. Self service and weekly as well as daily fresh food items. The hours could be extended for working people by offering more evening hours.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Cheese puffs a few months ago were 99 cents - now 1.79. Mac and cheese was 35 cents - now 69 cents. Eggs were 88 cents now over double... I went there for their low prices. NO LONGER. WALKED OUT. I'M DONE!!!

Original review: March 2, 2019

I am an Elder and I visit this Aldi in Memphis, TN on Winchester for water and vegetables. The employee named Essence has done evil to me several times 1. Throwing my case of water in the basket damaging it. 2. On Thursday she threw my money at me that it fell on counter then she refuse to put it in my hand. Instead put it on the case of water. I told her, "This is the last time you disrespect me." This girl throws rocks and hide her hands like she did nothing wrong. She needs to be fired.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I drove a long distance lured by an ALDI ad to pick up corned beef brisket on sale at a 1.99 a pound. The ad said a quantity of 2 and this is Wednesday. The ad expires on Saturday. There is a limit of two packages and I needed two packages. The corned beef brisket packages appeared identical except for the price. One packaged in a display case of about 12 packages of corned beef brisket was 1.99 per pound the rest were 3.99 per pound.

I asked what the difference was and was told that one packet was the sale and the others were the regular stock. I said, "They're virtually the same. Can you adjust the price." Manager said no. "Well then can you give me a raincheck." Manager said no. I asked why can't they adjust the price or give me a raincheck. The answer was, "We just can't but there may be more in stock by tomorrow." I said that I live far away. How could I check to see if more was in stock tomorrow. The manager said, "You can just stop by the store and check." I asked, "Are you listening? I live far away. Can I call." The manager answered no. So it's clear to me that ALDI practices bait and switch and then when confronted with their unfair practices they just don't care.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The 3 products that I had put on Potatoe salad, Coleslaw, apple streusel. These are only in the store when it is spring and summer. And the apple only when it's October. Now on the salads other stores have these products at Deli counter. Your salads are very good but why do I have to wait till Spring. And Apple Streusel til October. You should carry this all year around in the freezer. Since I live in Lewes, DE. I drive to Camden, DE to go shopping. It is 53 miles one way and I shop at that store every 2 weeks plus I always bring someone with me and they also do their shopping as well. I'm hoping you will soon open a store down in Millsboro, DE. Then it would be closer to my house and some of these other DE people will get to know more about your store. I'm hoping it will be soon 2019 of summer maybe. But overall I like All of your products New & regular products. Please don't forget to open more stores down in Sussex County, DE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I shop our local Aldi (Webster, NY) every week. My store always has the advertised items. I especially like the produce. Over the past few months I have purchased many items (e.g. pineapples, green and red grapes, honey-crisp apples, cauliflower) that were 1/2 the price of our full sized supermarkets. I also find that the quality of the bakery items are good at significantly reduced prices. All in all I am very pleased with the quality of items I have purchased at Aldi.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Aldi remodel has forced pricing to rise all over the store. Husband went to buy strawberries came back and the price was double what it would be at our local grocer. Milk has also gone up as well as eggs and cheese. I overheard on one of my shopping trips people talking while waiting in line how prices have gone up after the remodel. They do not treat their employees fairly either, a man who had worked there until retirement said it has been very challenging road and he is pleasant, quick and still has a smile on his face - probably because he knows he won't have to deal with it for long.

After visiting another more prosperous Aldi, three twenty something polo wearing regional managers got into their fancy sports cars revving them up in the parking lot and laughing all the way to the bank. What a bad image this sends, as an older adult I do not want to shop there anymore. A few pineapples that were rotten were overlooked until this ungrateful event, they stood in the store like big shots showing each other where things should go, but not lifting a finger to help out at all while boxes were everywhere and facility clearly was understaffed, then off to their cars they went, sad choice of top tier managerial employees you have Aldi, I don't want to pay for their sports cars or undeserved salary. Meijer is so much better, so is Jewel.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have been a devoted shopper to Aldi for years. I really appreciate their fresh product and fruits. Additionally, I have bought the Fit and Active brand for many years. I’m a little disappointed the brand is being discontinued and hope it can be put back on the shelf again. I really appreciate all the international foods that have been introduced and it reminds me of a Trader Joe’s (where I’ve also shopped when it’s available).

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have shopped at Aldi for years but find myself buying less there all the time. You used to be able to get bargains there but their prices keep going up and it's gotten to where you can get most items cheaper at other stores. Half the time they're out of stock on the items you want and even if you go there on the same day their sale paper goes out they will tell you they are already out of the advertised items. Every electronic item I have purchased there has not worked properly yet they seem to be stocking more of these and less food all the time.

Combine all this with the fact that you have to put a deposit on a shopping cart, provide your own bags and bag your own groceries, which is okay if you're getting a significant saving, but definitely not worth the hassle when their prices are as high or higher than other stores. I know a lot of people who have stopped shopping there and I'm about to that point too. They obviously don't read their reviews or just don't care because it just keeps getting worse. People aren't stupid and yes, we do notice these things. Wise up Aldi or you just may put yourself right out of business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Just bought scotch fillet steak from Aldi in Australind. My lord it is fresh, doesn't smell, not green. It is perfect and it has 4 days to expiry. Now I have bought meat from COLES and WOOLWORTHS and THE FARMERS MARKET in BUNBURY. That has been real bad. It was green and it stink.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have been shopping in that store for 3 or 4 years. I noticed I was overcharged 5 times for a bottle of Lysol. I went back to the store with my receipt and explained what happened and the behavior of the cashier made me think: Why is she giving me this attitude. She was smiley and I told her, "You know I come here very often and I don’t need 5 bottles." Her face and voice changed, she said: "Actually I don’t." Her attitude was worse while she instructed me what to do with my card and when I asked her how long it took for my money be returned into my account, she freshly answered she didn’t have an idea. I still do not understand why her behavior changed for something that a typical transaction in a supermarket. Customer service in that store goes below zero if anybody cares.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have been purchasing frozen produce from ALDI's for a few years and have always been impressed with the quality and price. I usually buy as many bags as are available of my two favorites - peaches and mixed berries. Last year, I got a batch (about 6 bags) of frozen peaches that all tasted like plastic and were shredded instead of sliced. Hmm, okay. So, I tried another location the next time and the peaches were fine. A few months ago, I purchased seven bags of peaches-every single one contained brown, rotten peaches that smelled fermented even when still frozen and the smell just got worse as they defrosted. The store manager was apologetic and replaced them all a week later. These new peaches were exactly the same-rotten and nasty!

I e-mailed customer service and they got back with me promptly promising to look into it, thinking (like I did) that the issue was mismanagement at the store level. Then I took a chance at an Aldi's in a neighboring city and found more of the same rotten peaches!! This tells me the problem is coming from the top. The bag says Illinois, but I don't know where they come from before there-someplace nasty, apparently. Maybe it's because it's winter and they're outsourcing to someplace with no quality control? I don't know, but I will never buy frozen produce from Aldi's again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was recently shopping in Aldi's today in the Sherman, TX location and I am not at all happy with the fact that they do not carry half of the things that they advertise in their sales flyer, nor do they have the proper staff available to help assist customer's with trying to find any of the items they would like to purchase. It's even worse when you give up, because you can't find said items, and you get in line to pay and ask the cashier (who was ** today) if there is anyone available to help you find a couple of items you're looking for and she responds with, "It's just me and my manager in the store today and there isn't anyone available to help you," and then proceeds to ask, "Do you still want to get the items in your cart?"

I didn't appreciate her attitude, body language, or tone of voice when she spoke to me nor did I appreciate her unwillingness to get someone to help me find the items that I was interested in buying. So, I asked her if I could speak with her manager, and she huffed and called for her manager to come over to help me out. That was the biggest mistake that I could have made, asking for the manager who actually turned out to be even more rude than the cashier.

The cashier told me, "Ma'am if you want me to check you out, then I need you to give me your buggy." So, I pushed it around to her and she reached out and just yanked it to her. I was like, "Are you kidding me?!" This experience is totally insane, I was perfectly happy and fine until, I reached the cashier and asked about getting help to find a couple of things I was previously looking for and wanted to purchase and then this turned in guerrilla warfare or something. By this time the manager was asking what I needed and I was trying to explain to her that I had asked about getting some help to find a couple of things I needed and that, in my opinion, it felt as if the cashier was using the excuse that they were short handed with only her and her manager there as an actual excuse to not help me or get someone else to help me find the items that I was interested in buying.

The manager looked at me and told me in a very firm and authoritative way that the cashier was right in what she was telling me and that they are allowed to tell their customer's that. I explained to her that I've been in customer service for a long time and many of my managers had suggested that we not tell that to an already aggravated customer, as it tends to frustrate them more. Instead it was suggest that we say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but is there something that I can personally do to help you." It sort of helps to put out the fire in a manner of speaking and helps to diffuse the situation.

This manager did no such thing, she proceeded to walk away from me when I was speaking, she came back with one of the items that I had asked for help finding and then I decided after I had been spoken to so rude that I wanted no part in the items any longer, that I just wanted to pay and get out of that store so that I could move on with my day. She got huffy with me about it when I said as much to her and then I asked her for the store manager, she told me he wouldn't be in until the next day and that I could come back then and speak with him if I wanted. I asked if there was a phone number I could call for customer service, she told me there was one on the bottom of the receipt, she demanded to know my age, and then yelled at me that I was acting like a two year old and implied that I was walking all over her and I should be ashamed of myself.

I asked if she could call him and she told me he wouldn't want to deal with this, it was his day off and it was something she could handle. Obviously it wasn't, because the way that she was speaking to me was senseless and was only making the situation worse. She then stormed off and came back out with her cell phone, acting as if she was calling someone. I didn't stay to find out who she was calling, I was just fed up and I left. I will be letting everyone know all over social media what happened and letting them know that if this could happen to me, then it could happen to anyone else who frequent's this chain of stores. They have the rudest individuals working for them, they are not there to take care of the customer's, they don't care if you need help or not. They are only there for a paycheck. That's incredibly sad, that this is a place of business that allows their staff to speak so ill to their customers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

** was the female employee that checked me out. She was rude and very cold to me. She threw my groceries into the basket. She threw glass on glass. She communicated that Aldi was closed and would reopen the next morning by walking down the aisles shouting. I asked permission to check out and that upset her. No one informed customers that the store would be closing and to please come to the front to check out. I had spent over an hour shopping and had close to two hundred dollars in purchases. After her consistent rudeness and throwing my things in the basket, when she told me how much my purchase was, I was so upset, I walked out without purchasing any of it.

This was my first experience at an Aldi and I am so happy I have never contributed one cent to their profits! I have no intention of ever setting foot in one of their stores again. I was informed she was the manager and there was no one else to complain to. I asked for her district managers name and she said she didn't know it but thought maybe his first name was **. This store is located at 11709 W Airport Blvd. Meadows Place, TX. This is just between Sugarland and Stafford, TX. I don't think I have ever dealt with another human being that had such a dark negative energy.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought 4 gift cards totaling $400 ($100 each) for my elderly mother. One of the gift cards was not properly activated by the cashier. I have repeatedly called & emailed Aldi Corporate. Gave all pertinent information (dates, receipt numbers, etc). They REFUSE to return my call & continue to send vague unhelpful emails that don’t address the problem. I guess the old adage is true: You get what you pay for, and with Aldi’s, all I got was the runaround. LOSERS in EVERY capacity. You should be ashamed of yourselves. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

There are a lot of grocery stores in my area, and they all compete with each other. I can buy any other store brand’s food, and for the most part it rounds out to be the same cost, sometimes cheaper, than Aldi. Aldi’s quality is terrible. The apples are flavorless, the shredded cheese tastes like cheap powdered flavored cheddar etc. The cream of mushroom soup tastes like cardboard. I’d rather spend a little more and have better quality. I think people just assume it’s cheaper, and it’s not!!! You get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

For starters there were no hand baskets in the store. Then while shopping at the Aldi in Pasadena, Md I go to take a picture and the employee says rudely and loudly I’m not allowed to take photographs in the store. After her and the “manager” watch me like I’m stealing or committing some heinous crime I walk over and ask is it in the policy. They say it is so I ask to see it in writing and her reply was , "I’ll see if I can find it on the computer." Meanwhile the rude associate is snarking and laughing every time she walks by me. It was very embarrassing. After about 15 min she finally comes back and says she called the general manager and he said it was the policy. I call corporate and she says it’s the policy also but no one can show me this policy in WRITING or where it’s disclosed at in the store or anywhere for that matter. I can’t even find anything online remotely close to that. That’s absurd. How can you have a policy but it’s not written down???

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

No environmental responsibility. Aldi‘s sends out paper advertisements through the mail every week. They have their flyers online. They have posters of their sales in store. They also have paper flyers going out the door. This is totally redundant and is a litter nightmare. We have a watershed next to the West Des Moines store and I pick up bags and other garbage from this store every week. Most of the garbage are these flyers. I talked to the manager, and his response was “thank you for understanding,” I don’t understand this complete lack of neighborliness and this total disregard for water safety in a place where water safety is already on the brink! IRRESPONSIBLE!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Carlie was our cashier. She really got upset because I had to put a few items back. She said, "Well if you added up your groceries when you were putting in your cart you would know how much you're spending." Store was dirty. The eggs section was dirty with broken eggs and dirty cartons. Also, various litter around the store. We will not return to Aldi's. The prices are just a few cents cheaper than any other grocery store close by.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have been shopping at Aldi for over 20 years and have been very satisfied up until the last year. The availability of several products has diminished sharply, some items have not been available for months, employees constantly cite supplier problems. I emailed customer service and a district manager called me. He confirmed the supplier problem, that excuse is getting very old. A company as big and influential as Aldi should be able to resolve supplier problems much more quickly. On the other hand, they seem to have an unending supply of toys, electronics, clothes and seasonal items. They have begun to think they are a department store instead of a food store. All stores in the southeastern Penna area where I am have this same problem, I have tried several.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Aldi's is awesome. I moved to Tampa Florida 15 months ago from and it's my go to store. It's less expensive than other supermarkets and the employees are knowledgeable and helpful. Today they had their grand reopening after redoing their store. They gave out gift cards for the first 100 people and I was lucky enough to get a $100 card so the card will last me three visits. They also gave me $5.00 coupons for every week of January.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

AGE DISCRIMINATION. Don’t bother applying for any position if you’re over 35-40 years old. If you see any older employees, it’s because they’ve been there since they were young. I have more than enough experience, went through multiple visits/interviews, only to receive “thanks but no thanks” letter dated the day after my 4th interview. During my last interview I was asked 4 times if I was sure I could do the job. I WOULDN’T be there if I didn’t think I could do the job. I’m in great shape, no disabilities and could probably do circles around most of their current employees, their loss!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Don't buy gift cards from Aldi. We bought 4 of the $25 gift cards which they activated and then VOIDED ALL FOUR. We didn't realize this until family members we'd gifted them to tried to use them! Now Aldi refuses to help and are very rude even though it was their fault! The vendor can't help us because it was Aldi's screw up. Merry Christmas, now we're out $100.

ALDI Company Information