1.79/5
Based on 61 reviews that contain star ratings

81 Albertsons Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Alpina, CA 91916. 10:13 am 4:42 PM on September 18, 2018. I was overcharged for a 6-8oz of cheese that was supposed to be free on the Just for U app, a pack of 8 cheese that was on sale for 4.99 (charge at the register for 7.99) and a loaf of bread that was in the fab 5 for 99c (charged 1.99). Looking at my receipt, I see that I was overcharged and cashier sent me to another cashier that was not happy that she had to do the refund. Albertsons continues to overcharge consumers millions of dollar without consequences. Then he refunded my money and didn't apologize for the inconvenience or nothing. Consumers check your receipts and make your complaints here.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have shopped at Albertsons for years. It has just been remodeled and every since the store is freezing. I will not go into the store unless I have a jacket. Even the checkout clerk had on a jacket... totally ridiculous. I am considering not shopping there anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I'm posting this because of Roger and Terri, an Albertsons Service Manager in Euless, TX. Terri went above and beyond to help me fix a problem with an online order that had nothing to do with her store. I ordered groceries from Albertsons Online and it was the best ever. I could see more clearly the items I wished to purchase and found more bargains than I would have if I had been walking around in the store. I had ordered from OTHER online grocery stores and had gotten meats that looked like they had been frozen for months. But my Albertsons bacon, chicken, fish, vegetables and fruits were all 100% fresh.

Albertsons in store shopping is great as well. The people actually smile, greet you and offer to help and those qualities are rare these days. As for cost, I see little cost difference between Albertsons and other stores that claim to save you money. There are fees for grocery deliveries but they are small in comparison to the what you save on time, gas and money from great deals. The grocery delivery service is good for elderly people, busy people, people who stay home or for people who may pay to go to the grocery store. They make great gifts too because once you pay the yearly fee you are no longer charged a delivery fee.

But again, I'm posting because of Terri, an Albertsons service Manager who did not know me from Adam. She took it upon herself to help me fix a problem that did not involve her store. She stayed on the line 35 minutes to help me get in touch with Ed and then with Roger, a local store Director who was great as well. He resolved my problem in less than 10 minutes. People like Terri, Roger, Robert and Ed is why I choose Albertsons.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The Albertsons on San Elijo Road in San Marcos, CA regularly overcharges for items that are on sale and on the electronic coupon list. They send e-mails with links to their site and when you log in it allows you to download electronic sale coupons to your rewards account. But every time we do so they simply disregard those sale prices and charge full price.

This is not isolated, they do it all the time and then seem lost when they have to correct it. An example was today... we had a coupon for a free coffee creamer and they charged $3.49 for it anyway. The cottage cheese was on sale with a coupon and no, that wasn't there either. Avocados were buy one and get one free and no, that didn't happen either. We lost $1.50 on the avocados as we didn't spot the error in the store, and had to finally get a manager to help getting the other two items taken off the bill. We try and shop locally but this is the end for Albertsons. We will exclusively shop at Winco Foods. A bit farther away but better pricing on most items and less hassle.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I’m referring to the Albertsons grocery at 51 ave and Cactus in Phoenix AZ. Many times I’ve gone in there and the chicken wings station in front of the Starbucks coffee stand is out of some of the wings and/or out of the containers. You let people there know and no one does anything about it. I once waited 20 minutes thinking, "Ok maybe they are working on it," but you have been ignored. So, you can’t buy any of the wings cause you don’t have anything to put them in and no one has bothered to check to see if they are low. Waste of time asking for any help in that place. Complete waste of time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Albertsons?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I called down to the Albertsons Pharmacy at 3:00 to make sure I had a prescription ready, I was told yes, I told them my husband would be down before they closed. My husband showed up at 3:43 and was told they had put it back because they close at 4:00. My husband told them that was ridiculous. I had just called. They said to come back tomorrow. I am just outraged. I have been with the same pharmacy since I was 18 now 37, not only loyal customer but it wasn't even a controlled medication. It is for seizures. Without it I don't feel safe to even drive due to how disoriented I feel. I have to work at 10 in a different town and there is no way I will be able to get it and make it to work.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I usually come to the store to buy the advertised specials. They never have them in stock. I think this is the illegal practice of "bait and switch" or "booby-trap" advertising, just to bring customer to buy another, more expensive items. Given the experience they have they should already know the quantities they should offer for the specials everyday. The products are good, just expensive for the low middle class.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I only shop their weekly specials, because their prices are so high. The quality is good, as is the selection, I just can't afford their regular prices.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Albertsons is very expensive. Store layout is good. I usually only shop there if I am in a rush. I do like their new sandwich/sushi/fresh salad section.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Albertsons Supermarket ran and sent out a large full color ad in the mail advertising Ribeye Roast, bone in, $4.77 a pound. Offer good through November 23rd. Great prime rib for Thanksgiving! Wrong, Albertsons ran out on November 22nd. The butcher told me to get a rain check. When I checked out with my other items, the cashier told me that there were no rain checks and that the ad said, "while supplies last." Come on Albertsons, you run out of your biggest Thanksgiving special the day before the holiday? That's so deflating. Clearly very poor planning at the least or just plain bait and switch. The clerk wasn't even nice about it. I went home and looked at the ad. It only says supplies last regarding Signature Farm Turkey. I guess I'll just go to Costco next year.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Customer service is about gone, prices go up. Quality and quantity go down. It's no wonder stores are closing, clean stores full shelves and fair prices are getting harder to find.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Portable MP3 Music Player Mini Media Music Player Fashion 216GB Mp3 Player on sale that is sold by Albertsons Inc is very cheaply made, they are con artists. You need to stop selling their stuff on your site and in stores asap! I ordered this item. They took my money. Then canceled my order for no reason after they got my money!

When I asked them to give my money back seeing as they canceled my order for no reason they lied to me and said that they don't know what I'm talking about and they didn't take my money! Yet my bank account says a totally different story! I will sue this company and Walmart for stealing money and advertising a product as being something it's not! Walmart should actually read reviews so they know to stop selling things from certain companies!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I really appreciate Albertsons having organic foods as well as traditionally produced choices. The prices are great for us on fixed incomes. I also appreciate the "club" prices along with the gas points.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Sale prices are usually very good, however they rarely manage to keep sale items in stock. Fresh foods are lacking in quality but employees are usually very friendly.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I like shopping at Albertsons. The only issue I have is that the sales items a lot of times are out of stock within a few days. Items go on sale Wednesday and I buy groceries on Friday and more often than not many of the sales items are out of stock by then. Need to do better about ordering for their weekly sales.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I like the multiple checkouts for less than 15 items, plus opening new checkouts if more than 3 in line, although that is not always adhered!!! Quality of produce is usually good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like Albertsons for their meat, dairy, and produce selections; however, I often have to go down the street to Walmart because of Albertsons' outrageously high prices. I keep a close eye on their weekly ads in order to find good values. One thing I find frustrating, because I live alone, is that their sale items often require multiple purchase of five to eight items in order to get the sale price. This isn't good for me because I neither need, nor am able to store those quantities in my home.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've gotten spoiled food, not the brands I want. I would like to have Safeway back in Albuquerque. I asked Albertsons where they're fish came from and they said China. I worked for Shop Rite (Piggly Wiggly) back in the day and USDA had an office in our office and they were out inspecting the quality of meat & fresh foods all day. I wish we still had them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Perishable items - including milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir, eggs, + juice in the carton - are almost always expired including up to 3 months past the expiration date. The stench of rotten seafood at the back of the store reaches the front of the store upon entering. Overpriced fruits + vegetables are often in very poor + rotten condition. Non sale items are terribly overpriced. We buy our perishable food items + produce at either Vons (only on sale, though, due to the high regular prices) or Food Maxx. We also occasionally buy 1 of about 4 specific items at Smart + Final. We make special purchases - often of low priced organic foods - at Costco.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I received an email stating I would receive $10 off a purchase of $50. When I purchased $57 in grocery I was told I could not get the discount. I was told to call customer service. After calling three times put on hold by a computer for five minutes and hung up on each time. I will not open their email offers and remove their app.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I was first very disappointed to see that the Albertsons near my home removed their self checkout. I then was very irritated to wait in long checkout lines for 1-5 items every time I go to Alberstons. Either the store is understaffed for their 3's a Crowd program that they heavily advertise or the staffers do not pay attention to the amount of people waiting at check out. I thought we lived in a technology advanced era so why remove the self checkout??? Until then, I will be avoiding Alberstons for peace of mind.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Last night was the 3rd time in the last few months that I was overcharged for an item at the Albertsons in Escondido, CA. The item scans different than the advertised price. I bought fruit a few months ago and I was charged double the price per lbs than advertised, another time pickles advertised on sale and I was charged full price and last night Ferrero Rocher candy advertised $3.99 and I was charged full price.

Original review: April 13, 2017

My mom bought both some of the deep fried chicken and the boneless wings that have spicy sauce on them from the deli, and when we all sat down to eat the first impression I had was an overwhelming odor and taste of Ammonia. I spit mine out immediately and refused to eat another bite. The rest followed. This is not the first time I've gotten bad chicken from Safeway (before Albertsons took them over), but this will be the last. After some reading I see some things that disgust me beyond belief. It seems that ammonia is not an uncommon complaint, however it is a nasty issue which should steer everyone away from eating it. DO NOT EAT SAFEWAY/ ALBERTSONS FRIED CHICKEN OR YOU MAY GET SICK!

Thankfully it was so disgusting that I sensed it immediately and didn't swallow any. Like I said, I will NEVER patronize this establishment again. This has ruined my night after working all day long and now I have no appetite at all. I'm extremely aggravated with the lack of quality from this store. It was slightly better before Albertsons got their grubby corporate mittens on it, but even still, their deli food is well below any decent food service standard. These employees and managers should be forced to eat this garbage before putting it on the shelf. They should be forced to eat that which just ruined my entire night! This chicken is going back to the store and we'll see if someone there would like to eat it. Signed, fully disgusted! If a picture of this chicken would do any good I'd post it, but it looks perfectly normal on the outside. Eat this Albertsons/Safeway garbage at your own risk!

Original review: April 6, 2017

It has taken me awhile to write this but am doing so now. I entered the store, picked up packaged cheese and proceeded to the checkout stand in the front of the store. The clerk (blond hair) unknown to me, stated the package was open and needed to be replaced. She stated she was sending the girl bag checker to replace the cheese. Clerk then began a speech about the bag check girl being her friend telling me I needed to take a good look at her. I was informed by the clerk all about friendship.

In the meantime another woman employee showed up and both of them went on and on about friendship and didn't I get it. I did not know any of these women. I was appalled. The bag check girl wore a baseball cap and kept her head down the entire time. The behavior of the staff was intimidating and frightening alluding to a very private issue I was going through at the time. My expectation is I enter a store, select items to purchase, purchase the items and leave the store. I do not expect employees to deliberately intimidate me for any reason. I am applying the reasonable expectations.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Checkout clerks never ever ring anything up correctly then demand you go to "customer service" which is non-service staffed by hideous Halloween witch, literally, **, filthy looking hag, Henderson, Nv. Biggest witch ever dealt with anywhere. Nasty, rude, filthy and takes 45 mins & harasses people that are forced to even be there because the clerks are too stupid to "scan" anything correctly. Do they ever even know what they sell or read their ads? No. This hag at the "customer service" never ever go to that store. 575 College Dr Henderson NV 89015 unless you are a **.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I go there over Wal-Mart. Meats are better, veggies and fruits are fresher. People are much nicer. I recently had surgery and have mobility issues. They have carts to help. Was laughed at older Wal-Mart for asking for a cart!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Disabled people NOT WELCOME TO SHOP. Store director, ** at Albertsons located on 26521 Agoura Rd Calabasas, California, embarrassed my partner and I in front of a store full of people due to his lack of ADA knowledge. THE WORST.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Albertsons closed in May 2016 and since then it has turned into a parking lot for the homeless and drug dealing. There is a white truck with camper that has different people coming and going constantly, the police were there today and they wouldn't open the camper door. Albertsons needs to get that store reopened or with other businesses in there. So appalled by what I have to see every single day. Drug needles in the parking lot from what one guy who walked across the parking lot to get to another business. Enough already. This was a neighborhood that didn't need this and Albertsons did the unthinkable. Now it's a nightmare!!!

Original review: June 28, 2016

So we came into the Albertsons store on Trent and Argonne in Millwood, WA. We went to the bakery and we ordered a Batman cake for our son's birthday. The lady filled out the form in front of us while asking my son questions about what kind of cake he wanted. We also showed her the exact Batman cake we were talking about from their cake catalog. We did call a couple of times to make a couple changes to the cake because some things changed like more people were coming to the party and the day for the party got moved up.

So the day of the party my husband and so went to pick up the cake only to be told there was no record of us ordering a cake. My husband explained that we had called a couple times to make changes and maybe it got misplaced. The lady told my husband "no we don't have record of it at all. You must have ordered it at another store." Not the case at all. We know we ordered it from there because that is the only grocery store we go to and it was just a couple days before that that we ordered it.

The lady said she would make the cake for us right there on the spot which is good but she was going to make my husband pay for it after making him and our son late to his own birthday party. My husband told her he would not pay for it after they lost our order and then accused us of being stupid and not knowing where we ordered the cake. She did then give it to him for free. This was our first and only problem we have ever had with this store. Normally we love this Albertsons. They are so nice there and very helpful.

Albertsons Company Information