1.75/5

89 Albertsons Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

Open Nature Lamb and Brown Rice was not a product my two large dogs would eat. There is a 100% money back guarantee posted on the bag which I did not attempt to verify. I hope by sharing my experience you are able to make the right choice for your pets.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I recently moved to Vegas and starting shopping at my local Albertsons. I soon came to realize that their produce is not fresh at all. I bought a small container of grape tomatoes, only to find out that they were rotten when I got home. I was looking for vinegar, so I found the oil but not vinegar. I asked an employee and they told me it was 2 aisles down. Why would the oil and vinegar not be together? I was buying black bean and practically every can was dented. Not a little dented, but really dented. My husband bought shrimp, only to discover when he got home that they were bad. This store has got to get its act together.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Albertsons had 3 days sale on blueberry 6 oz package for $1.25. The sale was for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I came in store #212 on 8350 Cheyenne Ave in Las Vegas on Friday around 7 PM. Bought 2 boxes of blueberries instead of $2.50 the cashier demanded $7.98. I mentioned to him that they are on sale for $1.25 each. He corrected the amount to $2.50 total. I asked the cashier how come he does not know that they are on sale. And I am sure that I am not the first person buying blueberries today. His reply was that the store changes prices frequently. The item was on sale for the last 19 hrs. It happened to me many times before, when items are on sale. I think that Albertsons knowingly ripping off customers. I tried many stores and same thing happened in all of them!!

Original review: April 7, 2019
Hi. So, I'm leaving a 1 review only because I can't give a zero because I purchased ground beef yesterday, and I open the ground beef, I found spoilage underneath the fresh produce. I took a video of everything. I couldn't get it on my computer. This is the video. And all of that is fresh ground beef covered by spoilage of ground beef. Like, I don't understand how this is acceptable. I have a young child at home, and if I've given this to her, supposed she was sick, supposed she got really sick and I have to take to the hospital? This is unacceptable. Really bad. This is the second time I purchased beef from this store and found spoilage. Another thing is that they have containers with yogurts. And all of those yogurts are pretty much expired. Expiration date-- passed expiration date, and it's all hidden in the back. I don't understand what's going on. I really don't understand. At all. That is the second half of it, and I separated everything 'cause I don't want everything on my counter, but wow.
Original review: March 26, 2019

I have done the majority of my shopping at this store for the last 15 years. It is not the nearest nor is it the least expensive. However, it has a wide variety of merchandise and a outstanding produce and meat department. It is always clean and well staffed. And, best of all the employees are excellent. They are friendly, knowledgeable and provide excellent customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Albertsons?

Original review: March 18, 2019

Overpriced, and receipt is a nightmare to decipher. It's very common to be ripped off by incorrect prices on their advertised items. Produce is wilted, overpriced. Meat dept = beef packages 95% lean priced higher, but when you cook it, the water and fat content is as bad as the cheapest 75%.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I am so sick and tired of Albertsons on 32nd street in Yuma AZ. You have to use the app in order to get their sales. They make the miserable job of grocery shopping harder then it needs to be. Their new app you have to check off what you are buying before you buy it. Then if you're lucky you might get the discount or not. If you complain in store it doesn't make any difference. I don’t want to shop and feel like I am working. Absolute worst store around. People who work there are either just stupid or they don’t give a damn. There is absolutely no work ethic in the place. Until they get rid of the card which is just a way so they can advertise a sale and not give it to you. Horrible place to shop. Fry's and Walmart will have to do.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Had a seven day sale large eggs $.99 dozen with coupon. I went in late day 2 no stock. I live close to 2 stores so I went in both stores day 3 & 4 no stock. Finally day 6 I asked for a rain check. Checker said not until final day. This is the store on 17th street in Santa Ana, CA. I won't be back. Stater Brothers is 2 blocks further and cheaper and better!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Alpina, CA 91916. 10:13 am 4:42 PM on September 18, 2018. I was overcharged for a 6-8oz of cheese that was supposed to be free on the Just for U app, a pack of 8 cheese that was on sale for 4.99 (charge at the register for 7.99) and a loaf of bread that was in the fab 5 for 99c (charged 1.99). Looking at my receipt, I see that I was overcharged and cashier sent me to another cashier that was not happy that she had to do the refund. Albertsons continues to overcharge consumers millions of dollar without consequences. Then he refunded my money and didn't apologize for the inconvenience or nothing. Consumers check your receipts and make your complaints here.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have shopped at Albertsons for years. It has just been remodeled and every since the store is freezing. I will not go into the store unless I have a jacket. Even the checkout clerk had on a jacket... totally ridiculous. I am considering not shopping there anymore.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I'm posting this because of Roger and Terri, an Albertsons Service Manager in Euless, TX. Terri went above and beyond to help me fix a problem with an online order that had nothing to do with her store. I ordered groceries from Albertsons Online and it was the best ever. I could see more clearly the items I wished to purchase and found more bargains than I would have if I had been walking around in the store. I had ordered from OTHER online grocery stores and had gotten meats that looked like they had been frozen for months. But my Albertsons bacon, chicken, fish, vegetables and fruits were all 100% fresh.

Albertsons in store shopping is great as well. The people actually smile, greet you and offer to help and those qualities are rare these days. As for cost, I see little cost difference between Albertsons and other stores that claim to save you money. There are fees for grocery deliveries but they are small in comparison to the what you save on time, gas and money from great deals. The grocery delivery service is good for elderly people, busy people, people who stay home or for people who may pay to go to the grocery store. They make great gifts too because once you pay the yearly fee you are no longer charged a delivery fee.

But again, I'm posting because of Terri, an Albertsons service Manager who did not know me from Adam. She took it upon herself to help me fix a problem that did not involve her store. She stayed on the line 35 minutes to help me get in touch with Ed and then with Roger, a local store Director who was great as well. He resolved my problem in less than 10 minutes. People like Terri, Roger, Robert and Ed is why I choose Albertsons.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The Albertsons on San Elijo Road in San Marcos, CA regularly overcharges for items that are on sale and on the electronic coupon list. They send e-mails with links to their site and when you log in it allows you to download electronic sale coupons to your rewards account. But every time we do so they simply disregard those sale prices and charge full price.

This is not isolated, they do it all the time and then seem lost when they have to correct it. An example was today... we had a coupon for a free coffee creamer and they charged $3.49 for it anyway. The cottage cheese was on sale with a coupon and no, that wasn't there either. Avocados were buy one and get one free and no, that didn't happen either. We lost $1.50 on the avocados as we didn't spot the error in the store, and had to finally get a manager to help getting the other two items taken off the bill. We try and shop locally but this is the end for Albertsons. We will exclusively shop at Winco Foods. A bit farther away but better pricing on most items and less hassle.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I’m referring to the Albertsons grocery at 51 ave and Cactus in Phoenix AZ. Many times I’ve gone in there and the chicken wings station in front of the Starbucks coffee stand is out of some of the wings and/or out of the containers. You let people there know and no one does anything about it. I once waited 20 minutes thinking, "Ok maybe they are working on it," but you have been ignored. So, you can’t buy any of the wings cause you don’t have anything to put them in and no one has bothered to check to see if they are low. Waste of time asking for any help in that place. Complete waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I called down to the Albertsons Pharmacy at 3:00 to make sure I had a prescription ready, I was told yes, I told them my husband would be down before they closed. My husband showed up at 3:43 and was told they had put it back because they close at 4:00. My husband told them that was ridiculous. I had just called. They said to come back tomorrow. I am just outraged. I have been with the same pharmacy since I was 18 now 37, not only loyal customer but it wasn't even a controlled medication. It is for seizures. Without it I don't feel safe to even drive due to how disoriented I feel. I have to work at 10 in a different town and there is no way I will be able to get it and make it to work.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I usually come to the store to buy the advertised specials. They never have them in stock. I think this is the illegal practice of "bait and switch" or "booby-trap" advertising, just to bring customer to buy another, more expensive items. Given the experience they have they should already know the quantities they should offer for the specials everyday. The products are good, just expensive for the low middle class.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I only shop their weekly specials, because their prices are so high. The quality is good, as is the selection, I just can't afford their regular prices.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Albertsons is very expensive. Store layout is good. I usually only shop there if I am in a rush. I do like their new sandwich/sushi/fresh salad section.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Albertsons Supermarket ran and sent out a large full color ad in the mail advertising Ribeye Roast, bone in, $4.77 a pound. Offer good through November 23rd. Great prime rib for Thanksgiving! Wrong, Albertsons ran out on November 22nd. The butcher told me to get a rain check. When I checked out with my other items, the cashier told me that there were no rain checks and that the ad said, "while supplies last." Come on Albertsons, you run out of your biggest Thanksgiving special the day before the holiday? That's so deflating. Clearly very poor planning at the least or just plain bait and switch. The clerk wasn't even nice about it. I went home and looked at the ad. It only says supplies last regarding Signature Farm Turkey. I guess I'll just go to Costco next year.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Customer service is about gone, prices go up. Quality and quantity go down. It's no wonder stores are closing, clean stores full shelves and fair prices are getting harder to find.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Portable MP3 Music Player Mini Media Music Player Fashion 216GB Mp3 Player on sale that is sold by Albertsons Inc is very cheaply made, they are con artists. You need to stop selling their stuff on your site and in stores asap! I ordered this item. They took my money. Then canceled my order for no reason after they got my money!

When I asked them to give my money back seeing as they canceled my order for no reason they lied to me and said that they don't know what I'm talking about and they didn't take my money! Yet my bank account says a totally different story! I will sue this company and Walmart for stealing money and advertising a product as being something it's not! Walmart should actually read reviews so they know to stop selling things from certain companies!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I really appreciate Albertsons having organic foods as well as traditionally produced choices. The prices are great for us on fixed incomes. I also appreciate the "club" prices along with the gas points.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Sale prices are usually very good, however they rarely manage to keep sale items in stock. Fresh foods are lacking in quality but employees are usually very friendly.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I like shopping at Albertsons. The only issue I have is that the sales items a lot of times are out of stock within a few days. Items go on sale Wednesday and I buy groceries on Friday and more often than not many of the sales items are out of stock by then. Need to do better about ordering for their weekly sales.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I like the multiple checkouts for less than 15 items, plus opening new checkouts if more than 3 in line, although that is not always adhered!!! Quality of produce is usually good.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I like Albertsons for their meat, dairy, and produce selections; however, I often have to go down the street to Walmart because of Albertsons' outrageously high prices. I keep a close eye on their weekly ads in order to find good values. One thing I find frustrating, because I live alone, is that their sale items often require multiple purchase of five to eight items in order to get the sale price. This isn't good for me because I neither need, nor am able to store those quantities in my home.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've gotten spoiled food, not the brands I want. I would like to have Safeway back in Albuquerque. I asked Albertsons where they're fish came from and they said China. I worked for Shop Rite (Piggly Wiggly) back in the day and USDA had an office in our office and they were out inspecting the quality of meat & fresh foods all day. I wish we still had them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Perishable items - including milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir, eggs, + juice in the carton - are almost always expired including up to 3 months past the expiration date. The stench of rotten seafood at the back of the store reaches the front of the store upon entering. Overpriced fruits + vegetables are often in very poor + rotten condition. Non sale items are terribly overpriced. We buy our perishable food items + produce at either Vons (only on sale, though, due to the high regular prices) or Food Maxx. We also occasionally buy 1 of about 4 specific items at Smart + Final. We make special purchases - often of low priced organic foods - at Costco.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I received an email stating I would receive $10 off a purchase of $50. When I purchased $57 in grocery I was told I could not get the discount. I was told to call customer service. After calling three times put on hold by a computer for five minutes and hung up on each time. I will not open their email offers and remove their app.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I was first very disappointed to see that the Albertsons near my home removed their self checkout. I then was very irritated to wait in long checkout lines for 1-5 items every time I go to Alberstons. Either the store is understaffed for their 3's a Crowd program that they heavily advertise or the staffers do not pay attention to the amount of people waiting at check out. I thought we lived in a technology advanced era so why remove the self checkout??? Until then, I will be avoiding Alberstons for peace of mind.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Last night was the 3rd time in the last few months that I was overcharged for an item at the Albertsons in Escondido, CA. The item scans different than the advertised price. I bought fruit a few months ago and I was charged double the price per lbs than advertised, another time pickles advertised on sale and I was charged full price and last night Ferrero Rocher candy advertised $3.99 and I was charged full price.

Albertsons Company Information