4.6(395)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Armstrong Steel

Armstrong Steel manufactures and ships pre-engineered steel structures. Buildings are do-it-yourself or professionally installed and offer versatility. By buying directly from Armstrong Steel, you work with a dedicated project manager who ensures permitting is followed. Retail purchasing options are also available. Armstrong Steel structures come with 35- to 50-year warranties.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Long warranties
  • DIY install
  • Available nationwide
  • Low maintenance
Cons
  • Fluctuating steel prices
  • Can be pricey

Featured Reviews

Verified
Moravia, NY

The company is very responsive and professional. Austin ** was my Building Consultant and he was extremely knowledgeable and able to quote exactly what I wanted. They are competit...

Verified
Castro Valley, CA

Working with Alex was exceptional! Responsive, accurate and understanding, would 100% recommend! Quick to send drawings and pricing. Product is exceptional and well build. Constru...

What is Armstrong Steel?

Armstrong Steel offers commercial and residential steel buildings. Structures are used for garages, workshops, office buildings, storage and more. Steel building benefits include durability, little to no maintenance and energy efficiency. Armstrong Steel has free online quotes, and buildings are designed for easy install. All steel buildings come with warranties covering the structure, roof and paint.

How does Armstrong Steel work?

To get started with Armstrong Steel, you request a free quote online or by contacting a representative. Quotes are customized to your project. Armstrong Steel has pre-engineered designs that offer competitive pricing.

Once you choose your design, a deposit is required to secure the order. Two purchasing options are offered: Armstrong Steel’s direct buy program or retail.

• Direct buy: Direct buy takes out the middleman, and you purchase directly from Armstrong Steel. Steps include a free quote, placing your order, approval drawings and markups, shipping, delivery and construction. Direct buy offers a hands-on option so you’re involved in every step.
  • Retail: Retail purchasing gives you a full-service buying experience. Armstrong Steel building experts assist in managing the project from start to finish.

Structures come with a do-it-yourself install, or you can request installation from a local contractor. Armstrong Steel structures include a 50-year structural warranty, 35-year roof warranty and a 40-year paint warranty.

Armstrong Steel products

Armstrong Steel products are pre-engineered metal structures. It manufactures its products from its headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Steel structure use examples include:

• Office spaces
  • Garages
  • Workshops
  • Agricultural buildings
  • Barns
  • Storage units
  • Churches
  • Aviation hangars

During a project, Armstrong Steel project managers assist with the entire process, from the initial quote to permitting and delivery. Structures are designed for a DIY install, or you can find a local contractor to partner with. All structures include warranties for paints, roof and the structure itself.

How much do Armstrong Steel buildings cost?

Steel building prices vary greatly based on the size and project scope. Factors affecting cost include building size and shipping location. Additionally, if you hire a local contractor for installation, this will add to the overall cost. The best way to receive an Armstrong Steel quote is on its website. You can enter your project information and connect with a representative to discuss pricing.

Armstrong Steel FAQ

Does Armstrong Steel have a warranty?

Yes. Building systems include a 50-year structural warranty, 35-year roof warranty and 40-year paint warranty.

Who installs Armstrong Steel buildings?

Buildings can be installed yourself, or you can hire a local contractor.

Where are Armstrong Steel buildings available?

Armstrong Steel buildings ship nationwide via freight shipping. It manufactures its buildings in Denver, Colorado.

Are Armstrong Steel buildings up to code?

Yes. Part of the purchasing process includes permitting to ensure structures are up to code requirements.

Is Armstrong Steel worth it?

Armstrong Steel structures provide versatility, little to no maintenance and a good steel building option with a long warranty. Armstrong Steel offers two purchasing options that let you be as involved in the process as you want to be. With nationwide shipping, you have access to a steel structure wherever your project is located. Additionally, you can install the building yourself or hire a local contractor. Armstrong Steel is beneficial for first-time and seasoned builders.

Stars Rating

• 76%
  • 15%
  • 5%
  • 0%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armstrong Steel?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed June 14, 2024

All the material, instructions arrived as expected and were easy to follow. With some special equipment, I was able erect the full 2400 sqft building all by myself, one person. here is a link to and overview. The support personnel when I did call were very helpful. I would recommend Armstrong Steel for anyone interested in a steel building. I am a very happy customer. The building has been used every day even before it was completed. **

Pinned

Tom, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Armstrong Steel. Customer feedback enables our team to provide unparalleled service and products in the steel building industry. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance in the future.

The Armstrong Steel Team

Get buying tips about Steel Buildings delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

The Armstrong Steel building is a very high-quality product. The blueprints and drawing package that Armstrong provides is perfect for permitting, even here in California. The building was erected in just a few days and were are very happy with it. The online building creator gave us many options to decide which building was the best fit for our property. We are very happy with the product supplied. I would recommend this product for those who are searching for a building.

Pinned

Bret, we’re thrilled to learn your steel building has exceeded your expectations. Stories like yours keep us committed to our mission of providing the best steel buildings in the industry to suit the needs of contractors, builders, and do-it-yourselfers.

Staff

Reviewed May 28, 2024

Excellent experience, everyone at Armstrong from the first salesperson to the driver delivering the building was a joy to work with. I was impressed with the knowledge and confidence of the product. The details of the construction manual were excellent and definitely gave you confidence that construction would go smoothly. Material, material packaging was excellent and greatly enhanced the handling and construction of the building. We are very proud of the structure and get constant reviews and questions from all of our guest. Highly recommend using Armstrong Steel.

Pinned

We’re glad to hear that you had a great experience working with our company, Duane! We believe the right building can be life-changing and are committed to providing quality steel buildings at competitive prices.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

Working with Armstrong has been a wonderful experience. I just passed the design phase working with Breanna ** my project manager who has walked me through each step. She is excellent to work with and is very prompt in returning calls and working through ideas. We made a few design modifications which dialed in my building requirements. Can't wait to see the product onsite and built. Blueprint and logistics are up next then to fabrication. I expected the remaining steps to be just as smooth.

Pinned

Thank you so much for the kind words, Ross; we'll pass them along to Breanna! At Armstrong Steel, we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and look forward to serving you in the future.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2023

I just wanted to let y’all know that Joshua ** has been a wonderful resource for helping with the process of buying a steel building! I have called or emailed him so many times with so many different questions and he has answered all my questions thoroughly and kindly every time! I could not decide on what size of building to purchase and so he got me quotes on several different buildings. He is very knowledgeable about what changes should be made to a building if it’s going to be a home instead of a shop. Joshua gave advice, and guidance with fantastic customer service over the last few months. Thank you!

Pinned

Thank you so much for the kind words, Janell; we'll pass them along to Joshua! At Armstrong Steel, we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Staff

Reviewed June 23, 2024

Working with the staff at Armstrong Steel was a pleasant experience. From the initial ordering, planning the layout, working through the engineering process, and the final plans the people I dealt with were very knowledgeable and professional. The final product is a very well built and designed building. I would recommend Armstrong Steel buildings to everyone.

Pinned

Thank you for your great feedback, Mike! We care deeply about our customers, and we are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience working with our team.

Price

Reviewed June 22, 2024

I was able to design a building to suit my needs at a reasonable price. A structurally sound building that garners many compliments. I have ample space and due to the structural steel and purlins I can add interior finishes, supporting equipment and even some display items. I have added a 10,000# vehicle hoist, a wood working section, a roomy office space and a bathroom to clean up after dirty automotive work. The possibilities are limitless with a correctly designed and built steel building.

Pinned

Thank you for the positive review, Robert. We're so happy you had a great experience with Armstrong Steel. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We hope you enjoy your building!

Installation & SetupStaffProcess

Reviewed June 19, 2024

Great Building. Built exactly as I requested. My men had no problem assembling the building. Building looks great on my property. Everyone was very easy to work with during the entire process. They kept me posted on the construction and delivery process. I live in the county so permitting was not a problem since this is considered a commercial building.

Pinned

We are glad you had a positive experience with Armstrong Steel, Joe! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed June 19, 2024

Best choice made going with Armstrong Steel. Purchasing process was made easy with much help from Brooke and her co-workers, price was great and delivery was a breeze. Install went smoothly due to hiring a contractor with experience in steel buildings. Quality is outstanding. Very happy with our choice. We have referred several people since the erection on building has been completed.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I put my Armstrong building up myself as a first timer and everything went great. The staff at Armstrong were very communicative and easy to work with. I loved the blueprints and plans. Everything was laid out clearly so installation was simple. Delivery driver communication was great and arrived when expected. I highly recommend Armstrong Steel.

Pinned

We’re thrilled to learn you’ve had a great experience with your first steel building, Kenneth! Thank you for the opportunity to work with you on your project.

Armstrong Steel Company Information