Scooter Depot

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

In December 2014 I purchased a 2014 150cc Scooter. Everything went fine until I received the scooter, but NO proof of ownership at all. I called Scooter Depot to find out when I will be receiving any paperwork and they told me it was in the mail. So here I am with nothing at all to prove I actually own this bike and it be registered. I didn't receive any type of proof of ownership until March of 2015. The scooter was delivered in January 2015. There was some minor assembly required which I had a motorcycle mechanic assemble and check the bike over (tighten nuts, bolts, screws, etc.). In July (only 6 months later), I already had to replace the battery because we could not start it with the remote (had to kick start it). After that the bike just ran like **, I began to wonder if the bike was even new. Now the drive belt (9 months later) has shredded to pieces and in the process of replacing the belt, the kick starter shaft broken off.

I have been trying to contact the dealer I purchased from which goes by many names. I have yet to reach any of them. Coincidentally, all the voice mail boxes are full and the answering system is now automated. The company listed in my 2008 manual (why 2008, I supposedly have a 2014) says I must contact Earthstone Studios doing business as Owl Scooters. When I called the number the woman who answered was quite snappy when I told her I had a question regarding my scooter warranty. She instantly snapped and told me they don't sell scooters. I Googled them, they are in fact the correct party to contact for warranty. This company under many names is extremely unprofessional and has screwed many customers who have had to deal with the runaround and never actually speaking any customer service regardless of the circumstances. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FOR ANY OF THESE COMPANIES AS THEY ARE A SCAM/RIP-OFF.

I ordered a trike scooter from scooter depot and have not received proper paperwork required for DMV and the instrument panel does not work. l have called and emailed them and they haven't sent anything or called me back like they said they would. l encourage you to file a claim with BBB.

I ordered a bike in 2014. I spoke to an employee over the phone who explained to me that the bike would arrive in a crate, but there would be someone there (delivery driver) to help me open it. When the truck arrived, the driver didn't even work for the company. They were a third party and had no idea the company had made this promise. I opened the crate by myself to find that parts of the handlebars and one of the shells on the same side were damaged. I called to get replacement parts as their site promises. I was told they were on back order and continued to call every couple weeks to check on the status. Every time I called they had no idea who I was and had to start a new order.

After about 2 months they just told me it was still on back order and to e-mail or talk to people who were never there (even though I asked what day and time they would be there). This went on for a year. When I told them I just wanted my money back, because I hadn't rode the bike, they again told me to call and e-mail different people, who never responded. I would warn anyone against ordering from this company. The money you save is not worth the hassle.

I purchased my scooter in September of 2014 and have spent almost as much on repairs as I have spent on the scooter itself. I have collaborating documentation as well as mechanics and a shop owner who are going to testify on my behalf as to the work that needed to be done to my brand new scooter. Most disturbingly is that after being worked on several times for the same issue, the shop owner asked for permission to dismantle and rebuild it. I agreed. When all was said and done he discovered that the rear wheel had only been attached with two bolts instead of the customary four. I have pictures and extensive documentation as proof. I have repeatedly contacted them to rectify this and have been either ignored or treated extremely rudely. I will be filing a law suit against them this week.

Bought a Go Kart from Scooter Depot and the intake manifold was broken when it arrived. I called 6 times, emailed Ty in parts and even had my wife call for the replacement part. After over a month, I still had not received the part. I even offered to pay for it, I just wanted my son to be able to ride his Go Kart on his birthday. No luck!!! They even said they shipped it on 3 different occasions and provided a fake tracking number.

During my last call, the man on the phone, as I begged him to just give me some other company I could call to get the part provided me with Kandi USA. They sent me the part overnight and I have bought a few other parts from them. I always receive them quickly and ** is awesome, she catches if you are trying to buy the wrong part for the Go Kart you have. My other son wants a Go Kart for his birthday too and I will be going to Kandi USA, as these guys are total rip off artists. Stay away from Scooter Depot, I just wish I was wiser and did a search on these guys prior to buying from them, what a joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Scooter Depot?

My husband and I purchased two 150cc scooters spent almost 3,000 dollars of hard earned money, we went with Scooter Depot due to all the perks it said we would get. On website it states if we spend 1500 we get a free helmet. My bike was on special and was to come with free trunk and to save money we drove to Ontario to pick up our scooters. The place of business was not at all as shown on website, it was a small suite in middle of other business with broken parts laying all around. I did not receive my helmet, nor my trunk as promised on website in writing.

Scooters were crated and we were told we can not take out to check on their premises, drove all the way home only to find out battery compartment was broken and no trunk. Website states title will be in mail 3 days after purchase - It's been 3 weeks still no title. They do not answer phones and if you get lucky to leave message they will not return them. My issues are... a. battery compartment broken b. no helmet c. missing trunk d. over 3 weeks still no title.

My MP150 scooter arrived after 10 days which was OK, but it did not have the trunk or any paperwork. I called Gladys and she said I did order the trunk so I told her to look at the invoice and she said "OK but what color is your scooter and you have to send me pictures." Also, I asked where the title was and she said the customers have to request one as they do not have the serial number. Three weeks later, I got the title but it was not signed and the mounting brackets for the trunk did not work with my scooter. I still could not register it and had to leave on vacation without it.

Back 3 weeks later, I got it registered but the battery was completely bad as the ignition switch never turns off the power. I can start the scooter without a key so the battery never can hold a charge. I called Fausto and he told me I have 7 days to report a problem even if I still only had 10 miles on it and could not drive it. Even with locking the steering, the bike can be started with the foot starter as the battery does not work, I am afraid to leave it on the street. So after 2 months, it has 20 miles pop it. Oh yeah, it came with many fiberglass defects which looked like they were painted over. What a nightmare it has been dealing with this company.

Ordered a dual sport from Safer Wholesale. They are a Scooter Depot dealer evidently, as a lot of their scooters and such are Scooter Depot products. The dual sport I ordered was one that wasn't on the scooter depot site. After 3 days I got an email saying that the one I ordered was out of stock and offered me the df250 rte dual sport instead. I was not liking that idea because of the reviews of Scooter Depot even though I had almost order that same bike from them prior to reading the reviews. I thought about it for a week and decided to go with the bike. After I agreed to the replacement it arrived in 3 weeks at my house on a truck with a liftgate.

The guy at Safer Wholesale said it wouldn't, nice surprise. It came on a big pallet, in a metal crate, then cardboard box, and then shrunk wrapped. The bike was same color same style we agreed upon. It was in perfect shape no damage at all. It had all the parts and nothing was damaged. This was 2 years ago and the bike is still going strong. Same battery nothing has come loose. Not as cool looking as the one I originally ordered but the style has grown on me.

I ordered RED scooter MC_H150_T3 and pay for it. After a couple weeks I received YELLOW scooter (they even do not have this model in yellow), totally DIFFERENT MODEL and DAMAGED and damaged. Called them right away (next hour) and email pictures, they refuse to return scooter. Next a couple of days I send a bunch of emails and so many phone calls but they still refusing to return wrong scooter. If you look on reviews it's so many complains about them. I filed lawsuit and reported to BBB. Friendly advice, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, better pay a couple hundreds dollars more somewhere else and do not have headache. Thank you.

These bottom feeders are merely a "middleman" operation. They have only the capability to drop ship a scooter at a date over which they have no control. They stock NO parts, and sell so many different poorly constructed junk scooters it would be impossible for them to have parts for all they sell. This is addition of the fact they have ABSOLUTELY NO intent on helping with any problems, be they damage or defective parts.

I ordered a motorcycle through a local dealer that uses Scooter Depot. My dealer seems to be on the up, and has been 100% ethical with me, but they are not. Took forever to get my bike, The bike was damaged, the tank leaked gas. Fausto the parts Dept never answers, less than 2000 miles and the bike is breaking down, 1 part by 1 part. So now I want to either get another bike, engine, or have them repair and they will not honor the 12-month warranty. Their 100% unethical and a 100% scam. I am in the process of taking my dealer to small claims court. I pray he in turn takes Scooter Depot to court also. Beyond that, no shop will want to work on the bike. I hope you are a good mechanic because you will be on your own. I'm not only angry, I am livid. I didn't get to enjoy the bike but for maybe 15 days total.

It took forever to get here. The parts and service dept never get back to me. The muffler fell off in one month. Fuel pump died in 3 months. The starter failed last month.. So out of 6 months owning this junk, I can say I will never buy another scooter from them. Good luck getting anybody to help you in the service dept..

Sorry but I love my Trike, said 30 mph +/- 5 mph. I go 40 mph everywhere easily, even had it up to 50. Speed limit is 35 mph and I get passed a lot but I'm not getting any speeding tickets. In fact the cops never give me a second look and that's how I like it. That's also why I'm riding a 50 cc - no license needed in AZ. You can't drink & drive on a trike... Well you can but you'll die, and if you don't wear a helmet, you'll become an automatic organ donor. As for my trike, I got it in a clearance sale so I bought it two months ago but it was made two years ago but the only problem I've had is two bulbs burned out - one front blinker and one of my two headlights. Routine maintenance (oil changes) seem very simple and my roommate & best friend is a mechanical expert so I don't expect any problems but if I do I will post them - until then sorry you got a lemon, make lemonade.

This company is horrible. They sent me a damaged bike, incorrect color. My bike was suppose to be delivered on a Monday and they dropped it in my driveway, knocked on the door and made my 14-year-old niece sign for it. They sent me the incorrect model. Please do not do any business with this company. It's a scam to get your money and send you damaged and incorrect products. How are they still in business when they have several claims on them with the BBB?????

I ordered 2 go karts from Scooter Depot. It took a while to get them (3 weeks) but were delivered to my house. Everything was included and functional. This company lacks communication in the pre-delivery side of things. I was getting worried that they took my cash and split. The go karts came in crates in good condition. The setup took a bit longer than I thought (based on what was stated on the website), about 3 1/2 hours from unpacking to start, including nighttime test ride. I know why China hasn't taken over the world now though! I had to ream out some holes to make everything fit and everything seemed loose.

I spent the extra time to put a wrench on every bolt/nut on the thing. After all, my grand kids were going to be on them. I have since ridden the heck out of them and they have done everything I expected from them. They're quite faster than I thought they would be. FYI buy some extra Carlisle tires soon. The tires that came on the carts will shed the tread rapidly. I had to replace 1 tire on each after 5 days of riding each evening after work. Good product, poor communication on pre-delivery, great price compared to big name brands. I might buy a 3rd one for me. I don't fit very good in these 2.

Every time I call about my water they have very nasty attitude. They never get me to the right person, they always tell me to talk to someone in the parts department but I never get an answer. All I wanted to know is the information in regards to my order and I can never get an answer. And I've already took the money out of my account. They hang up the phone in my face. They have a very nasty attitude and they act like they just simply do not want to be at work. I wish I never ordered my motorcycle from these people. They are very unprofessional and really do not need to be in business dealing with anyone else.

I ordered this as a Christmas gift. It came in damaged as if Godzilla delivered it. I couldn't even begin to list all the broken parts - that's how many there were. Company fails to answer the phone or return calls. I have e-mailed Chris and probably will get a faster answer if I e-mailed Santa Claus. I would like to know why this company hasn't been shut down yet because they're running a scam... not a legitimate business. Stay away from this company at all costs.

My motorcycle came damage and when I put gas in it, it ran all out from under the gas tank. I order parts that was damage so they sent me some back that was damage too. Is there anyway we can take them to court?

I ordered a scooter on 9/30/2013 and was called the next day to see what color I ordered. I was told it was not in stock and would take an extra week to get. No Problem. Well, when it got here, it had no battery, no helmet, as promised. And it was still not the color we ordered. The back tire was flat, so we hauled it to the service center and pumped up the tire. We started it up and tested it out. We got 30 miles on it before the plug fowled and the wire melted. It has not started since. I called the Scooter Depot and told them about the problems and they said, "Sorry, we will send you the parts to fix it but the labor is on you."

So much for the warranty they tout. Please beware. The scooters may be cheap but so are the warranties and the help you get from the people at Scooter Depot. Save your money and get something from a local dealer so you can take it back to them for warranty work. It will be cheaper in the long run. Unless you like the way the scooter looks sitting on the back of your truck, or in your garage, $1200.00 is a lot of money to pay for decoration. UNsatisfied customer.

From the moment I receive my scooter out was bad. It was damaged, had a broken weld on the frame. I immediately took pictures and contacted Scooter Depot. The starter failed within a month. I contacted them about that. The electrical system is shot, I found out, that's why my lights were always dim and horn very low. Mind toy is new and under warranty. I've repeatedly tried to get them to help - nothing. The first guy Tim they said didn't work there no more. Then the second guy Tim said he lost all my information and do not know what I was referring to. Got Criss the supervisor. It's been a month. He said he lost all my information and have no record of what I'm talking about. I forward them all my emails, 7 of them, and they will not respond. Contacted their main office. They say parts and services is a separate division.

I bought a scooter from them in 2012. The battery is dead. I ordered a battery and they never sent it. They are full of crap and no one can help you. I did find out that they get those bikes overseas in China for dirt cheap. The reason they cannot help anyone is because I guess they have to order the bike from China and wait till they get it and then they ship it to the customer. They must be the middleman company or something. Bad business and I will never order from them again. I would be better off getting it from China because they are nice and willing to do what they can to help you and keep you as a customer.

The scooter does not stay running for very long. You cannot register the scooter in Pennsylvania because they do not recognize the VIN. I had to rewire the whole motorcycle and when I called the company for missing parts, they never sent them. It is junk and I would never recommend this company or product to anyone. Never ever buy from this company. They take your money and send you JUNK.

The company never mentioned the front wheel assembly had to be installed or that I would be responsible for getting rid of a large steel and wood crate. The motor scooter has been out of service and not running for most of the time I have owned it. There are problems with the starter, coolant leak, rattles; the speedometer/odometer has stopped working. The customer service department has a mostly "I don't care" attitude for service after the sale. You would be surprised with all the recorded conversations I have with the firm and the lady everyone speaks about being extremely rude. Bottom line is, find another company to buy your scooter. Find a company that backs their products.

I ordered a scooter on 6/27/13 and was told that I would have an email confirming the transaction before the day's end, but I did not get one. So I called to see what was going on. I was told that they had sent it to the wrong email address. The young lady was so nasty and rude that I said that I didn't like doing business this way. She started almost daring me to cancel the order (IMO). OK?? She did not want to refund my money. I said I don't remember seeing anything about a 10% charge for a restocking fee or a canceled order.

Keep in mind, I didn't have a transaction email at the time, but they sure know how to charge my MC, so I'm out $75.00 and the whole thing has been a real nightmare. Maybe they make more money pissing people off than selling product? Best thing that I could tell everyone is to not deal with these salespeople of unsavory reputation. Save yourself some grief. P.S. From the other comments I see, I guess I got off easy.

I purchased a 150cc 3-wheel scooter from Scooter Depot 3 months ago. When I placed the order, the price was higher than advertised. I really didn't care because I needed it for business in Miami. So I went ahead and purchased the scooter. The scooter arrived 3 weeks later. It has been nothing but one complete nightmare. The people are rude and constantly place you on hold. It's really to make you hang up and go away. When I called the 10th time to find out what was going on with delivery, they gave me every excuse in the book. They lied about everything.

The scooter finally showed up and they put it on a truck with no lift gate, so I had to wait again. Now, we were going on almost a month. Meanwhile, I asked if they sent the title. They kept saying it was mailed; it never came. I finally got it 3 months later. Meanwhile, my warranty is running out!!! By now, what I needed it for was over. I sent them emails for I was out of the country (5 weeks) and told them I needed the title so I can sell it. - Still nothing!!! I tried to put this thing together. It came with no manual or instructions. I called them and they gave me a number to call in California. They told me to go on YouTube and get the video they made for assembly.

Well, guess what? The video is for a different scooter. This was so frustrating!!! On hold, hung up on and then to find out the scooter doesn't even run, Sunny Sports/Scooter Depot (same business, I found out they did that because of the volume of complaints) does not stand behind their products at all. Now it's June 20th and they told me today that I was S.O.L.!!! The girl told me that all sales were final. Today, that scooter sits needing a new carburetor, new heads and it has never been ridden or titled.

I'm in over 3 grand and now I have to have it towed to a scooter repair shop. Mind you, it's brand new and never been ridden. Now I have to pay to get it running and I hope I can get some of my money back. Had I read the reviews beforehand, I would have never bought it. Beware and read the website stipulations. They are the worst I've dealt with in my 49 years. The seat was broken; the release that opens the seat to retrieve the battery was stuck and the paint looks like an amateur painted it. I challenge them to rebut this. I have great documentation. I feel like suing that company but why spend more money and time? Here is a pic of the scooter that doesn't work at all.

It does not have any terms and conditions or return policy on the invoice. A day after I placed the order, I called back and found out that the order would not be shipped for over a week so I cancelled the order. This is what I received from them. When Barclay Credit Card called then to intervene, Sunny Sport insisted they had no connection with Scooter Depot. This is obviously not true.

I ordered a 150cc scooter and had it delivered in October 2012. At delivery, the cage was damaged. I called Scooter Depot and was told to accept it and they would send any damaged parts. Here it is in March 2013 and still no replacement parts. I spoke with tech support and a rude lady supposedly in charge of customer service said still no parts. I kept being put on hold. I had spent 40 minutes today on hold.

I ordered a 150cc scooter model MC_M150A, with color choice of Red with Black being second choice on 3/11. Within 20 minutes of placing my order, I received a call stating the model we ordered (which had already been charged to my card) was unavailable in any color, but that a similar model was in stock in the same color. However, the extras, which came with the original order, such as the trunk, were only available on the second model at additional cost making this cheaper model actually $90.00 more than the original purchase. I was assured it was in stock and available in the color on my choice. I agreed to the additional amount for the lesser bike and received an email stating that delivery for my area was 2-4 business days. On 3/13, I received a call stating the model that the sales person assured me was in stock was damaged and they did not have any more to this 2nd model available in my colors of choice, but that they had an even lesser model (less style and even fewer safety features), at the same price that could be delivered within "a week or so" but I would have to agree to take it in yellow, not red or black.

I was completely frustrated and flabbergasted at this point and asked that they just refund my money, as they were unable to fulfill my order. I was told to call back in the afternoon as refunds were handled by accounting and they would need time to process the cancellation. I called back that afternoon and was told by the salesperson that accounting was not in again, but that he showed my order had been cancelled. I called my credit card company and asked them how to resolve this as red flags were going up in my mind all over the place. They asked me to 3 way the call with the Scooter Depot people, which I did and he again stated the order had been cancelled. However, he could not release the hold on my fund (per Chase the amount was only pending at time of this call), as that was an accounting issue and the accountant would not be in until 9am.

I called at 9:10 am today, 3/13, and asked to speak with accounting. The woman refused to give me her name saying "Me, just assistant" each time I asked for it. I explained the situation and she told me I would need to call back and speak to the manager. I called my credit card company again as instructed and they told me the charge was no longer pending and had been fully processed even though the order was cancelled due to Scooter Depot’s inability to fill it. Needless to say, I took the time to file a fraud report with the credit card company who will be issuing me a full credit. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and hopefully will prevent anyone else from thinking this is a reputable company by relating my experience.

Never ever buy a scooter from these people. Their mission statement is a joke as their support after you have paid is nonexistent. As many have written, after the money is in their hands as was my case, even getting past the first operator was a challenge, often waiting on hold for 30 min. or more. I purchased a 300 and received the bike after a 3-month wait. This was approximately in March of 2012. Assembly was alright but I had to order a replacement tire and brake handle. The tire took so long I ordered and received tires for the front from another source weeks before their replacement arrived. The bike has a severe front end shimmy and I almost lost control of it a couple of times due to it. I partially solved the problem by toeing in the front wheels. It needed a dampener on it to really fix it.

Recently, the bike broke down. I found the rear shell drive shaft nut was never fully secured and allowed the shaft to eventually chew up the corresponding grooves in the rear shell which then would no longer drive the rear wheel, therefore, there was no movement. I ordered the replacement parts and was told they were in stock. The next day, after giving them my credit card over the phone, my credit card was cancelled due to fraudulent charge attempts.

Coincidence? Maybe but if memory serves me correct, it was the second time I have had the problem, so just beware. After a couple of days, I called back and told them of my credit card problem and also inquired as to why no charge had shown up on my card yet. I was told that until they shipped, they did not charge, and that my shipment would come through soon. I gave them a couple of weeks and called back. I was told my parts were going out the next day and to look for my shipping confirmation in my email. It never happened.

I called again, was told they had a power outage but would soon see my parts. I resolved to just let the matter take its course and not call for at least two weeks. They called me and this time they said my parts were ready to ship but my credit card was being denied. I verified the new number they had on file and called my credit card company. A great associate of the C/C company told me there had been no hits on the card from them. He set up a conference call and when I finally got Josh on the line, he read back the old credit card number instead of the new one.

After getting him to try again with the correct number, it went right through. If you deal with Tim or Josh in Parts, be sure to write down who you talked to and the dates. Today, I still have no shipping confirmation after Tim promised me he was going to have it for me yesterday. They are skillful and blatant liars and complaining to their customer service, if you can get one on the line, is virtually useless. For those of us who own one of these bikes, we are at their mercy as I can find no other source of parts. Eventually, I will probably send the bike off to an early grave due to lack of support and will incur the loss, but will end my frustration. If you have gleaned nothing more from this, at this point let me just say again, never, never ever buy a bike from Scooter Depot.

I ordered a WYT-16 150 cc, California legal scooter on2/18/13. The salesperson, Jordan, was delightful. All was good I thought, but after a week of no contact regarding delivery date, I began calling them. I was told everything from, I would get a call next day to we are waiting for the mechanic to prep. After another week, I called on Friday to see what was going on. I was told to give them till Monday, and they would call for Tuesday delivery time. I called back the next day to cancel the purchase on a Saturday. The runaround I was getting was ridiculous and my own intuition was kicking in. I was assured by Anthony that he himself had made sure it was brought over from their other warehouse that day, Friday, for delivery Monday.

We argued back and forth about the semantics of why it took so long for a scooter that was supposedly in stock. He also threatened me with the $175.00 cancel fee and recited the verbiage in the transaction literature quite well, like he had done it a lot. I couldn't keep up reading along with him, he knew it so well. So, after him promising the scooter would be here Monday, I felt like I was finally going to done. Sunday night, I looked at the reviews on this website just out of chance and got terrified. I called Amex and explained the whole thing down to just reading the Consumer Affairs report right before calling them. They opened a resolution file containing all the info I gave here. They told me to stop contact with Scooter Depot and to deny delivery if it comes. They would handle all contact with them regarding the problem. Thanks to you good people, I may have avoided a disaster.

Scooter Depot Company Profile