2. Automotive

Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

Polaris ATVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We bought our son a 10,000.00 Polaris Ace for Christmas. My husband took it for a spin. He came out of a turn not going fast at all. One of the front wheels bent inward and it flipped. We took it to the place of purchase for repair. They said the arm and frame were bent. Estimate of 5500.00 to fix it with 2 miles on it. Their general manager said they were built for abuse and we should not have that kind of damage. A month later still making payments, Polaris will not cover anything under warranty and the shop is seeing what they can do to get cost down for repair. We are planning on getting another ATV but it definitely will not be from Polaris.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased this quad in October 2018 new. Since the very beginning I had issues starting it. Polaris just says it's the battery. Had the replaced and the next dealership just says that it is because it has one big cylinder. It wont turn over complete sometimes so you need to click the key back and forth a dozen times before it starts to turn.

The second issue is that the check engine light has been coming on for the last six months. Taking it to a dealership seems useless as they really don't seem like they want to work on them, just sell new ones. When the check engine light comes on it sputters which is dangerous if you're going up a hill. The electric power steering has been blowing fuses from day one. In one year I have gone through about 24 fuses. Each time you need to remove 4 screws to get to the fuses. Another issue is that the suspension is very soft compared to the competitors. I was going back wards on level ground, turned and hit the brake, not crazy speeds and plus it has a speed limiter in reverse so your really can't go fast unless you override that limiter. The quad turned on its side breaking my color bone and ribs. This Quad is total crap.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I bought a Polaris Ranger 900 XP Crew 2019. I've had it less than a year and it's not been good. Problem after problem with it. Can't Polaris can't fix the misfire code I keep getting. I have less than 1200 miles on it and I have to replace all my u-joints. The warranty from Polaris is a joke. They find a way not to fix anything. I will never buy Polaris again and I will not recommend Polaris to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

The 850 EPS has had some minor issues but has been used the last 7 years every plowing season for a 600 ft driveway and summers mainly to move trailers. The only issue has been after 5 years a starter issue and the first year an electronic issue in the brain to the check engine light appeared. My machine has more than almost 2000 miles and has only needed a battery replacement with a maintenance repair to the brakes/basic maintenance to all the lubricants without issues for $550. A common issue does seem to be at some point the shifter may break and require a repair for around $100. Overall, my machine has been used worked and not abused without issues. In review of the reviews, it looks like it can be hit or miss if it was put together from the factory well or not. Good luck.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

The Polaris 570-4 I purchased is not assembled in the US. After purchasing the UTV I discovered that the machine is assembled in Mexico. I would never have purchased knowing that a company that brags made in USA is actually assembled in Mexico. After shipping the product to the USVI I discovered that a 6.5% duty was owed because the vin # starts with a #3. I really had to dig deep to verify this as I am sure Polaris has worked hard to hide this fact. Shame on you Polaris!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Purchased the 2015 Polaris Razor XP 4 1000. After 1000 miles on the engine three bolts from the flywheel sprag came loose and shared-off and destroyed the engine, Polaris did not want to back up their product or replace anything on it. Just walked away left me holding the bill, knowing they forgot to put the blue Loctite that goes on the three bolts too the Sprag on the fly wheel and they know this and have not yet put a recall out to save other people from destroying their engines.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I bought my son a new Outlaw 110 last year. It has been in the shop 3 times!!! Broken chain and sprockets. Several weeks to get parts each time. Polaris has been no help. Piece of junk!!! Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased a POLARIS!!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

RZR 900 EPS that was purchased from dealer when it had 4km on it and EVERY a-arm bushing, shock bushing and wheel bearing is shot after 2 years of ownership with 2600kms. Can't ride it. Also pro shaft has excessive play at both ends and axles click. I drive 5kms a day to and from coffee shop on dry trail that has a couple puddles that are a few inches deep. Engine always clacks hard when started if it sits too long. Previous machine was sportsman 570 that had piston always stuck at top dead center and was very difficult to get to turn over and start since it was bought from dealer brand new. Front axles always clicked. Quality is just not there. These machines are fun and very capable but they just don't last. Next machine is Kawi or Yamaha.

Original review: July 12, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!! Four years ago we bought a Polaris Ranger 800 for our farm. In that time we have put 497 miles on it. Last Friday the engine blew and the machine is no good to us. We spent 10,000 dollars on this machine. All that money and we got less than 500 miles out of it. Polaris will do nothing to do the right thing and stand behind their product. We are out the 10,000 dollars and have no machine for our farm. Please. Don’t make the same mistake we did. Polaris has no integrity when it comes to their products.

Original review: June 12, 2019

My girlfriend and I bought 2 brand new 2019 Polaris 450 HO's May 13th, 2019. Hers had to go back into the shop after 4 hours to get a motor mount replaced as the engine was hitting the side of the frame. Then on June 9th I was travelling down an old fire road then onto a dirt road that cars travel on when all of a sudden the 4 wheeler stalled when I was going approx 50kph and I noticed a bunch of warning lights came on. Well the oil drain plug fell out & I lost all the oil & the motor was seized. Took it into the dealer & they submitted a warranty claim. The claim came back denied as they said there was marks on the skid plate & a rock must have come up and spun the oil plug loose & with vibration eventually fell all the way out.

You tell me how this is possible if the plug was torqued from the factory. My 4 wheeler has less than 300 kms on it and they are not willing to do anything for me. Now I am making payments for 5 years & will have no 4 wheeler as I cannot afford a new engine. I work at a heavy equipment dealership and we do everything possible to cover warranties & to make the customer happy. The reason they give is totally unacceptable and this ATV is meant to go off-road so of course there will be marks in the skid plate. I will be telling everyone I know not to buy a Polaris as they have no idea what customer support means.

Polaris ATVs Company Information