1.66/5

329 Polaris ATVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned many Polaris vehicles over the years and have never had problems as I have now. Just this past year I purchased a special limited production Sportsman XP 1000 in LAVA orange paint 2018 model. I will be 60 years old this year and ride accordingly. After a weekend of trail riding my paint was completely trashed where ever paint has contact. Under the seat and all storage areas look like I dropped it from a helicopter! Deep gouged in paint and rub scratches. The special paint is garbage for an ATV and the factory even recommends against using a power washer as the paint can come off easily! The machine still gets so hot you can burn your hands on the rear luggage rack above the exhaust.

After contacting Polaris after owning the machine for 1 month they said they could not fix my paint or even reimburse me damages! They offered me a 1 year service contract for my damages but said I would have to live with the damaged paint. I contacted my dealer Sports and Turf in Pottstown PA on 3-15-19 only to find out after selling Polaris forever they dumped the Polaris line for warranty claims and that Polaris was Jamming machines down their throat that they could not sell quick enough. They are now a Dealer for Can Am only.

I also heard through certain circles that more dealers are having this problem in Philadelphia and NJ. Polaris has definitely become too big and will suffer in the near future. The dealers that I associate with are holding on to them because their service shops are extremely busy with repair and warranty work on the Polaris line! You will see a decline in Phila and Jersey in the near future. Shame on Polaris. Just remember Polaris if Rome can fall so will you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have 3 Polaris ATVs. Nothing big problems. 2016 motor Blew up at 109 hours. It was serviced regularly and used on ranch roads. It was recalled by Polaris for exhaust heating From a design flaw. Polaris is not a reliable product For a rancher with 43 section ranch. Could be up to a 27 Mile hike back to headquarters. I wouldn’t recommend A Polaris to anybody for anything. I also have a Kubota R1100 Ni comparison to the Polaris for reliability.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Bought 450 EU in 2017 for mostly home use on hobby farm - awesome machine to move trailers etc with front hitch and low gear. Unfortunately health issues prevented much use so only had 49.6 hrs on it until past warranty timeline. Feb this yr 2019 engine knocked a bit - then seized up while bringing wood to house - had to push quad to garage with tractor. Had to special order repair manual - none online. Pulled engine and removed head and oil pan - connecting rod welded to crank. I understand only 6 months warranty is standard but even 18 months is unacceptable for such a catastrophic failure with less than 50 hrs - 2 oil and filter changes (on time lapse not usage!). At my age - abusive use of this machine is not likely! No stuck in swamps or high speed trail riding. Very disappointed in what was supposed to be such a quality product!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

After having my bike back from the shop AGAIN some 35 days ago and writing my last review O boy here we go again! Engine Light is back on! This is my 3rd review on this machine, normal use and bike is in good condition but and I say BUT, when is Enough- Enough? Polaris and my Dealer took care of me on the last Go Around but as many times this bike has been in shop I am starting to Feel like a Test Dummy for this Bike! Keep you posted on next go around. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

So I bought a new Polaris General and immediately the power steering went out. I looked in the manual and online and nothing except take it in. Then I called Polaris and they said it had to come in. I had it taken there, they said then that it was a fuse. $300 (towing and assessment) later when I could have changed a fuse. So bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

No such thing as service. They can not get parts in less than 3 weeks and then wrong part. I had to have a radiator hose and it took 3 weeks to come in and a week to get it on. They are not concerned with you once the sale is made.

Resolution response: Jan. 14, 2019

OK guys - after my 1st review I wrote with the problems on my new 2018 bike I have news. After the bike had been at the dealership more than a month I have it back. As I described bad voltage regulator engine light coming on to bad battery and bad information loaded to bike's computer on and off lights, melted brake lens blown fuses to on and off hand warmers to loss of power steering to bike getting hot. I was fed up and demand a new machine or my money back after owning the bike for 1 year!

Dealing with the dealer shop owner I stood my ground, it came to Polaris getting involved with the dealer and myself. They offered me to trade in my bike on a new 2019 but the money offered to me on trade in was close but not enough to recoup money already spent. My dealer went over my bike with a fine tuned comb under Polaris' factory directions. It came to both Polaris and the owner of the dealership working with me and achieving my goals of having a good running bike. Polaris came to the table full force and bucked up to make sure I was happy owning a product with their name on it, they sent me a decent goodwill coupon to use for parts and accessories at the dealer. So far bike is plowing snow with no hiccups. My 1st Polaris bike I owned 7 years ago never once let me down. Thank you Jeremy at Polaris and the owner of the dealership for working with me. Any hiccups I will keep all parties informed.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Polaris has problems with these bikes, can say one thing once they have your money your bike will never be right! So many problems with a New Bike from Polaris, and another thing why am I paying for Extended warranty to FIX their problems? From melted brake lens, to blowing fuses to high idle to bad battery to losing running lights at night to computer was loaded at factory with wrong info to hard to start at times to getting hot to power steering going out many times.

The bike has been serviced with regulator oil and filter changes and lubes to air filter changes and washes. I use the bike for work and has never seen high speeds or a mud hole, just runs me and gear around on 6 acres of land and plows snow from driveway. So far bike has been in shop more than 50 days this year (2018). Bike went back to Dealer to be fixed, took 22 days before I heard back on fix, I demanded I sit down with Owner of Dealer and Polaris Factory Rep, never happened but did receive a call from owner of dealer, to them I said I wanted my money back or a new bike (cannot trust this bike I paid over 10K for and am still making payments, payments). They pretty much said it's not going to happen!!! It's been little more than 2 weeks and they have not called back after dealer said they would talk to Factory Rep about this situation! Anyone one else that has this situation?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Dissatisfied with Polaris with these speedometers cracking or getting small hairline cracks from weather temperature changes?? Customer service no help and you have to replace entire gauge not just window or glass. 2014 500 Sportsman. Help someone. What can I do to prevent this??

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

My Polaris 570 touring ATV has been in the shop for more hours than ridden. It is back in again; now with an EPS issue that they cannot figure out. We thought it was the dealership the first time and changed dealers; they are not happy about warranty work since they don't get paid the same as a regular repair. They sold me a machine I cannot use with a warranty they will not stand behind. I would not purchase another Polaris product unless they change.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Polaris looks for the cheapest parts they can find for their side by sides. I bought tires from them, they have flat spots on them and are dry rotted. Must have came off a side by side that sat for a long time and Polaris in turn sold them as new. BUYERS BEWARE. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT.

Polaris ATVs Company Information