Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs

2.4/5 (514 ratings)

About Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have bought two machines from Polaris. Big mistake had Can-Am before. Can't get parts. Everyone I spoke to is very rude and do not care. You spend 55000. Got their money. Now my RZR sits. So now needs care a little about their customers. Hope I get a reply back but good chance. Now they got their money. I will trade my RZR and get another machines where people care about their customer.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Just now NEW. Erie, PA....We are beyond disappointed with the current events with Auto Express and Polaris.. We pd. cash on a 2021, Polaris 1000 ATV on 4-23-21. It came in approx 1 month after and was defective (Auto Express still has it at their shop)... So we still have NO 4 WHEELER. AutoExp states "It's out their hands," "They have to try what Polaris says to do"...yet? It's been weeks, several attempts and it's still unrepairable.... Yet? They have our Money? We have NO 4 wheeler and not once were we offered a loaner or did they even attempt to find us one and we use an ATV daily on our farm....(well, until now)... Polaris? They are just as bad... (at this point they have tried everything to correct it and can't.... it's now been since 5-24-21)...

All we want is our money back.... Polaris says it can take 3-4 months longer for that to happen... Auto Express..? NOT one resolution attempt for the customer.. Response... "Our Hands are Tied"... Their hands were not tied taking our funds??.. This is BEYOND acceptable. Customer Service is def not a priority for them unless you are handing the money over to them.... They need to resolve this issue and I am certain our future holds ZERO chance of dealing again with their stores.

Even after numerous calls to leave a message for the owner of stores, we hear nothing more than... It's out their hands... Polaris is in control.. and NO CALL BACK from the owner of Auto Express because he's too busy for this kind of thing. Well? If this is how an owner wants to run his business... shuffle the bad situations under the rug... and look the other way? All I can say is... Wow?... Come out and PAY your customer and make it right. This has now been well past telling the customer to be patient. Our Patience? GONE.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Hey guys and gals! Please read this before purchasing a new 2020-2021 RXR XP Turbo. I want to share my experience with you so you can have an idea of what kind of company Polaris is and make an informed decision on your purchase. Some background -- I am a major lover of all things off-road. I grew up around all types of off road machines & am a seasoned rider. I'm also a disabled vet who recently sold all of my dirtcbikes (3) and ATVs (2) due to worsening service connected physical issues with my back and shoulder. Under the recommendation of a friend who also suffers similar issues, I purchased a brand new 2021 RZR Turbo February 1st of this year and boy do I regret buying a Polaris.

This has been the worst purchase decision I've ever made -- not because of the type of machine, but because the machine I bought is a lemon. Even worse than that, Polaris refuses to believe their own Gold-Level Certified Polaris technicians that are telling them there is a problem! These are guys who have decades of experience with these machines who have hands on the machine and are the ones testing and repairing the machine. The ultimate diagnosis is made by a "Polaris Tech" that works in an office at Polaris Corporate, who is probably following a decision tree directly linked to their P&L Unsaleables & deciding if it makes financial sense to provide good customer service. The fact that Polaris doesn't trust their field techs really says something about the trust they have in their training & products. My machine has been plagued with problems since purchase.

Issues chronologically;

1 - Throttle Position Sensor fell off on first ride. - Dealer Repaired.
2 - Belt slippage on 3rd ride - dealer replaced belt under warranty.
3 - Same slippage on next ride - dealer replaced primary & secondary clutches and belt under warranty.

4 - Same belt slippage on next ride - dealer (Gold Cert. Polaris Tech) tested it, took video of the machine having the issue, & submitted it to Polaris corporate who also acknowledged and confirmed the issue. Currently the machine struggles exceed 50mph (on trails or pastureland) without revving to high rpms and emitting a burning rubber smell.

The dealer contacted their rep (a Polaris employee) who openly acknowledged that these are widespread issues with 20-21 RZR Turbos. Read more on that here: **. On their reps recommendation the dealer replaced the spring in secondary clutch with a stiffer one. After testing again, the dealer found that it's still slipping with no ideas on what to do next. Polaris Corp calls and tells me that slip is normal when riding machine on non-slip surfaces. The problem is, I don't ride it how they described -- I ride exclusively on wooded trails and pastureland. My dealer GM and his seasoned certified techs tested it under recommended riding conditions & confirm the issue is still present & not normal. The Polaris Corp. refuses to acknowledge that this is a REAL PROBLEM and make it right.

This model already had the clutch recalled and replaced once (before I even bought it). I'm guessing a class-action lawsuit or recall will follow shortly. The purpose of this post is in no way meant to rip on my dealer. They have bent over backwards to help me resolve the issue & are totally aligned that my machine is defective. The purpose of this post is to warn others to avoid this machine and to inform you that should you decide to purchase one and run into issues with it, Polaris will try their hardest to make you eat it. Not what I'd expect from a premium American brand. I’m not telling you that you should — but feel free to share the hell out of this. Good luck to all and happy trails!

Original review: April 27, 2021

Bought this 2019 rzr 900s new. Took it home second time out and still breaking it in check engine light comes on. Take it back to the dealer 2 hours away. They say my belt is burn. Not happy but I believe them. Buy a new belt. Take it home second ride again lost power. Speedo quit working and power steel light came on. Take it back to the dealer. They tell me I’m hitting the break and gas at the same time. I drive with one foot not 2. All they did was reset code. And when it happen I was on the throttle. Get it back home, take it out right away and guess what lost power, no speedo and power steering light on again. I call right away and tell them what happened. They tell me to take a video of it doing it. I can drive and video at the same time. There's a faulty sensor somewhere. They blame the owner right away. And gets very frustrating when they jump on you and it's your fault when you did nothing wrong.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My machine has 1300 miles on it and the rear upper A-frame mounting holes in the frame are egged out and rear wheels are leaning in. This makes the machine wonder around while riding and tires wear uneven. Wish I had bought a Can Am Outlander or a Suzuki King Quad not this overpriced pile of crap!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I bought a 2021 Polaris rzr xp1000 just a few months back. My machine broke down with 4.5 miles on it with the check engine light and the power steering light on ....Took it to the dealer and they reset my computer/ speed sensor. Brought it home ....Went riding ....It broke down again....Same thing check engine light and power steering light. I took it back to the dealer. They replaced my speed sensor. Brought it home....Went riding and less than 100 miles ....same thing....Check engine light and power steering light is back on.... Every time these lights come on I lose all throttle. I was on a steep hill climb this last time and almost wrecked cause of losing power!! This machine is dangerous and should be recalled or polaris should buy it back.... Ill never buy another polaris again!!!

Original review: March 20, 2021

So I have a 2003 Polaris scrambler which has few too many issues although I just wanted the cv and boot replaced. After waiting one week I called. They told me what was wrong. I said, "Ok let's fix it." The service department told me right there on the phone they are not working on it as they don't want a piece of junk in the shop ...and "don't want to open that can of worms." I explained I would like it fixed as I would be paying top rate 150$ a hour for their services ...They told me to take it to a backyard mechanic ...like are you kidding me? I've never heard of a mechanic shop tell me they won't work on my equipment. Extremely disappointed....Spring is here. I need this fixed and thought if anyone could fix it Polaris could.

Unfortunately a backyard mechanic sounds good about now as they don't want to do nothing but overpriced oil changes ....and the service desk guy was terribly rude. I'm going in tomorrow to have to pick up the quad now and pay 225. I knew what was wrong. I just wanted it fixed and I told them what I wanted before I dropped it off. They said, "Bring it up. That's what we're here for..." Well polaris maybe you have less than backyard mechanics in your shop if you disagree fix my quad and prove it ...Very disappointed. Have to find someone else to fix it and accept the hundreds of dollars I will spend. Thanks for listening????

Original review: March 1, 2021

This is a complaint that I ordered a part through Polaris at Rocky mountain atv. The part was boxed wrong had no part number on the box. I ordered a rocker panel for passenger side. They delivered a driver's side but would not exchange it. For me that is the worse customer service I have ever received. They should not be a polaris parts distributor and really need to look at their business practices. I have never recieved such bad service. I will not be buying polaris in the future. I can not believe how many bad reviews are posted about them. It seems like they do not care. I am 60 years old and always thought polaris was great quality but have started to change my mind. I am sure this will get no attention like all the other reviews.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I drive this 2017 ranger easy, no abuse, I am 63 yrs. old. Under 200 hours, had to replace a starter, 500.00 dollars, it has a known Polaris defect built into it. Now a boot came off of the front of the driveshaft and the joint is clicking. These things are engineered to break and to make Polaris customers break in the process. By virtue of how Polaris builds things they make their customers the enemy?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I bought a Ranger 1000 brand new (2020) and a month later put over 500 dollars for a drive belt and an axle. Of course warranty wouldn't cover it because they said they are wearable parts. I understand that but a month after I bought it? At least back up your product. DO NOT BUY POLARIS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR BACK. COMPLETE JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased a new 2020 Sportsman 450 on Aug 24, 2020 for my son and it has been an absolute nightmare. Has spent the last 4 months at the dealership under repair. Constant stalling, new wire harness, new clutch, belt, plugs, gas, and now they are rebuilding the engine? ATV has less than 500 easy miles and is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Polaris Corporate Warranty department is a joke. Mitch has used and manipulated the Covid-19 crisis as an excuse to for selling me a Lemon. Today is Christmas Eve, I bought my son all new riding gear and he will be standing outside with nothing to ride. For 4 months they have been trying to fix this quad while we just sit here with nothing to ride. Here's advantage? Another joke...

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Purchased a 2020 Polaris ranger 1000 highlighter on 3/3/2020 this year. Took the bike home and put it strait in the garage. Went out 3 days later to ride it and no start. Found it was missing tons of bolts winch didn’t work headlights were not plugged in etc. no big deal I fixed all these issues. Had the machine out 5 min and both front axels snapped as soon as I tried the 4x4. Had that fixed back at dealer. Got the machine back and again same issue axels broke as soon as 4x4 was engaged back to dealer. It had 2 hours on the bike and they said it also needs new wheel bearings. How is this it’s a brand new bike? Got it back had it for about 2 weeks and took it in for its first service at 20 hours. Also had recall fixed at same time cost me $250.

Left the dealer took the bike or next morning put 2 hours on the bike and motor locked up. Took back to dealer where bike sit for a month and a half before a new motor was installed. Got the bike back out 10 hours on new motor and back in the shop come to find out timing chain came apart and blew a hole in the crank case. Has been at the dealer for 2 months now parts on backorder. Called me on Friday said we rebuilt your motor but bike has more issues so we need to replace the complete motor again. Needless to say it’s still at dealer waiting for a new motor to come in. Bike has been in the shop for 5 of the 7 months I have owned it. No help from Polaris. They state you can trade it in but you will be upside down. Don’t deal with Polaris. Stay clear.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Updated on 08/05/2020: Is now 8 days later and they now tell me it could be 3-5 days or a couple of months. Called Polaris Customer Service, no help whatsoever. Brand new $15000 machine and have to use a wheelbarrow to clean up after this hurricane that just went through. Won't entertain a loaner or replacement vehicle. As soon as it's fixed, it's out of here. Was a manager for multi franchised car dealership for 21 years and know I deserve a lot better customer service. DO NOT BUY POLARIS!

Original review: Purchased 2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Crew in April (3 months ago), currently have 50 miles on it and it simply died while riding (3-4 mph) around my back yard. Called dealership (Lejeune Motorsports, Jacksonville, NC), service department sent someone out immediately to retrieve the vehicle. Upon inspection, determined fuel pump had come apart and ceramic on spark plugs were cracked. They informed me that Polaris says has never happened before and am currently awaiting (3-5 days) for a new fuel pump to be received at dealership. Highly recommend Lejeune Motorsports, couldn't ask for better service, but have to question the reliability of this vehicle.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Purchase 01/2018. After a 45 min leisurely ride & 48 hours on engine my ATV motor exploded underneath me with metal and oil from engine hitting my legs. Not to mention how worse this could have been! After contacting Polaris with runaround after runaround they decided not to help me at all. After 3 months in their possession I had to call them for them to tell me that they would not replace or repair my ATV. I drove to pick up my pieces of 1000 and had to pay $500 to even get my own ATV back and did I mention in PIECES. I would never recommend in anyway for any to ever purchase a polaris product! They do not stand behind their product or their customers. They need to take lessons from SUBARU on customer service and product backing!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I bought a 2018 Polaris general from Ride Now in Surprise Az. It had 350 miles on it and I was told it was a demonstrator, I found out from DMV that it was registered in another person's name not the dealer, it now has 1300 miles and I have had nothing but problems. The first time I took out it had rained, the radiator is exposed from behind and allowed mud to get between the fan and radiator, guess what new radiator. Then the fuel pump went out. Now it sounds like a rear shock is gone, ($650. a piece) I have had four other atv's and side by sides, I'm 70 years old and not hard on them. I can't recommend Polaris to anyone.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I bought my RZR Turbo S 4 seater last May and within 4 months the paint on my trailing arms started fading away. Now is building some rust. I only have 260 miles on it???. I tried to open a case but they denied it. Don’t buy this crap brand, they don’t want to be responsible for anything. Nothing but scammers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Bought a brand new 2019 Polaris Ranger XP900. Crap crap crap. 3 hrs out of its first service I blew the belt up 15km from my house in the snow middle of the night. Had to walk out. Came back with another Polaris Rzr tires towing me out his 4x4 blows up. Went to polaris today in Comox BC. They laughed when I asked if they'd give me a free belt to replace the faulty one that blew up.... so I bought two belts one to have as a spare. Complete Chinese **. Wish I bought a Can-Am. I'm going to bring down polaris if they don't compensate me

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We bought our son a 10,000.00 Polaris Ace for Christmas. My husband took it for a spin. He came out of a turn not going fast at all. One of the front wheels bent inward and it flipped. We took it to the place of purchase for repair. They said the arm and frame were bent. Estimate of 5500.00 to fix it with 2 miles on it. Their general manager said they were built for abuse and we should not have that kind of damage. A month later still making payments, Polaris will not cover anything under warranty and the shop is seeing what they can do to get cost down for repair. We are planning on getting another ATV but it definitely will not be from Polaris.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased this quad in October 2018 new. Since the very beginning I had issues starting it. Polaris just says it's the battery. Had the replaced and the next dealership just says that it is because it has one big cylinder. It wont turn over complete sometimes so you need to click the key back and forth a dozen times before it starts to turn.

The second issue is that the check engine light has been coming on for the last six months. Taking it to a dealership seems useless as they really don't seem like they want to work on them, just sell new ones. When the check engine light comes on it sputters which is dangerous if you're going up a hill. The electric power steering has been blowing fuses from day one. In one year I have gone through about 24 fuses. Each time you need to remove 4 screws to get to the fuses. Another issue is that the suspension is very soft compared to the competitors. I was going back wards on level ground, turned and hit the brake, not crazy speeds and plus it has a speed limiter in reverse so your really can't go fast unless you override that limiter. The quad turned on its side breaking my color bone and ribs. This Quad is total crap.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I bought a Polaris Ranger 900 XP Crew 2019. I've had it less than a year and it's not been good. Problem after problem with it. Can't Polaris can't fix the misfire code I keep getting. I have less than 1200 miles on it and I have to replace all my u-joints. The warranty from Polaris is a joke. They find a way not to fix anything. I will never buy Polaris again and I will not recommend Polaris to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

The 850 EPS has had some minor issues but has been used the last 7 years every plowing season for a 600 ft driveway and summers mainly to move trailers. The only issue has been after 5 years a starter issue and the first year an electronic issue in the brain to the check engine light appeared. My machine has more than almost 2000 miles and has only needed a battery replacement with a maintenance repair to the brakes/basic maintenance to all the lubricants without issues for $550. A common issue does seem to be at some point the shifter may break and require a repair for around $100. Overall, my machine has been used worked and not abused without issues. In review of the reviews, it looks like it can be hit or miss if it was put together from the factory well or not. Good luck.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

The Polaris 570-4 I purchased is not assembled in the US. After purchasing the UTV I discovered that the machine is assembled in Mexico. I would never have purchased knowing that a company that brags made in USA is actually assembled in Mexico. After shipping the product to the USVI I discovered that a 6.5% duty was owed because the vin # starts with a #3. I really had to dig deep to verify this as I am sure Polaris has worked hard to hide this fact. Shame on you Polaris!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Purchased the 2015 Polaris Razor XP 4 1000. After 1000 miles on the engine three bolts from the flywheel sprag came loose and shared-off and destroyed the engine, Polaris did not want to back up their product or replace anything on it. Just walked away left me holding the bill, knowing they forgot to put the blue Loctite that goes on the three bolts too the Sprag on the fly wheel and they know this and have not yet put a recall out to save other people from destroying their engines.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I bought my son a new Outlaw 110 last year. It has been in the shop 3 times!!! Broken chain and sprockets. Several weeks to get parts each time. Polaris has been no help. Piece of junk!!! Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased a POLARIS!!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

RZR 900 EPS that was purchased from dealer when it had 4km on it and EVERY a-arm bushing, shock bushing and wheel bearing is shot after 2 years of ownership with 2600kms. Can't ride it. Also pro shaft has excessive play at both ends and axles click. I drive 5kms a day to and from coffee shop on dry trail that has a couple puddles that are a few inches deep. Engine always clacks hard when started if it sits too long. Previous machine was sportsman 570 that had piston always stuck at top dead center and was very difficult to get to turn over and start since it was bought from dealer brand new. Front axles always clicked. Quality is just not there. These machines are fun and very capable but they just don't last. Next machine is Kawi or Yamaha.

Original review: July 12, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!! Four years ago we bought a Polaris Ranger 800 for our farm. In that time we have put 497 miles on it. Last Friday the engine blew and the machine is no good to us. We spent 10,000 dollars on this machine. All that money and we got less than 500 miles out of it. Polaris will do nothing to do the right thing and stand behind their product. We are out the 10,000 dollars and have no machine for our farm. Please. Don’t make the same mistake we did. Polaris has no integrity when it comes to their products.

Original review: June 12, 2019

My girlfriend and I bought 2 brand new 2019 Polaris 450 HO's May 13th, 2019. Hers had to go back into the shop after 4 hours to get a motor mount replaced as the engine was hitting the side of the frame. Then on June 9th I was travelling down an old fire road then onto a dirt road that cars travel on when all of a sudden the 4 wheeler stalled when I was going approx 50kph and I noticed a bunch of warning lights came on. Well the oil drain plug fell out & I lost all the oil & the motor was seized. Took it into the dealer & they submitted a warranty claim. The claim came back denied as they said there was marks on the skid plate & a rock must have come up and spun the oil plug loose & with vibration eventually fell all the way out.

You tell me how this is possible if the plug was torqued from the factory. My 4 wheeler has less than 300 kms on it and they are not willing to do anything for me. Now I am making payments for 5 years & will have no 4 wheeler as I cannot afford a new engine. I work at a heavy equipment dealership and we do everything possible to cover warranties & to make the customer happy. The reason they give is totally unacceptable and this ATV is meant to go off-road so of course there will be marks in the skid plate. I will be telling everyone I know not to buy a Polaris as they have no idea what customer support means.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a 2016 Polaris ranger 570, I was checking my sxs out in my garage one day and started smelling plastic burn smell, I looked all around and could not find it, I started the ride up again and let it run for about 2 minutes, I smelled something burning, I cut the machine off again and looked at my fuses, after taking the fuse cover off the cover was melted and the eps relay and fuse was melted, thank god I didn’t leave my ride running and step away cause I would have lost more than just the sxs.

I was told by Polaris to take it to the nearest shop and they were sorry for the safety Issue, I took the sxs to A local shop and it was sitting there for 2 months and then I get told that Polaris would not cover this defect, I told them I should have just let it burn down and they would have had to cover more than just a wiring issue with a defect part on the EPS, the Polaris shop told me that Polaris would give me $250 for parts.. I want my ride fixed not a measly $250 and Polaris walked away like it’s not a big deal! I will be taking this up higher and I will NEVER abut another Polaris ride!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Never owned a Polaris before but thought I'd give one a try. Bought a brand new Sportsman 450 and was first thrilled. However on a hunting trip with only 7 hours on the engine the gear shifter broke. My friends and I had to patch the thing together so I could at least continue for the remainder of the trip. Had the shifter repaired and 10 hours of engine time later it broke again. This time the dealer found that the connection between the gear shifter handle and shift bar was manufactured incorrectly. The dealer spoke with Polaris and they told them to bend the connection to the correct location. Really? Now I own a brand new Sportsman with a cheap fix and I can only hope it holds. Pretty disappointed with my purchase.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had a 2015 Polaris Sportsman ETX with 950 miles. It had an unacceptable list of issues during the time I owned it. These issues included a fuel pump assembly, two voltage regulators, water leak in the belt housing, battery, winch wiring shorting on the frame, and the water pump shaft oil seal failed and was dripping out of the weep-hole. The water pump shaft oil seal failing in less than 1000 miles absolutely infuriated me the most. On top of all of these issues, in less than 1000 miles, the rear drivetrain is sloppy and makes clunking sounds. I am told this is normal... I will never purchase another Polaris product because the build quality is poor. I was worried every single time I rode it.

Polaris ATVs Company Information