2. Automotive

Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Polaris ATVs Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

My girlfriend and I bought 2 brand new 2019 Polaris 450 HO's May 13th, 2019. Hers had to go back into the shop after 4 hours to get a motor mount replaced as the engine was hitting the side of the frame. Then on June 9th I was travelling down an old fire road then onto a dirt road that cars travel on when all of a sudden the 4 wheeler stalled when I was going approx 50kph and I noticed a bunch of warning lights came on. Well the oil drain plug fell out & I lost all the oil & the motor was seized. Took it into the dealer & they submitted a warranty claim. The claim came back denied as they said there was marks on the skid plate & a rock must have come up and spun the oil plug loose & with vibration eventually fell all the way out.

You tell me how this is possible if the plug was torqued from the factory. My 4 wheeler has less than 300 kms on it and they are not willing to do anything for me. Now I am making payments for 5 years & will have no 4 wheeler as I cannot afford a new engine. I work at a heavy equipment dealership and we do everything possible to cover warranties & to make the customer happy. The reason they give is totally unacceptable and this ATV is meant to go off-road so of course there will be marks in the skid plate. I will be telling everyone I know not to buy a Polaris as they have no idea what customer support means.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a 2016 Polaris ranger 570, I was checking my sxs out in my garage one day and started smelling plastic burn smell, I looked all around and could not find it, I started the ride up again and let it run for about 2 minutes, I smelled something burning, I cut the machine off again and looked at my fuses, after taking the fuse cover off the cover was melted and the eps relay and fuse was melted, thank god I didn’t leave my ride running and step away cause I would have lost more than just the sxs.

I was told by Polaris to take it to the nearest shop and they were sorry for the safety Issue, I took the sxs to A local shop and it was sitting there for 2 months and then I get told that Polaris would not cover this defect, I told them I should have just let it burn down and they would have had to cover more than just a wiring issue with a defect part on the EPS, the Polaris shop told me that Polaris would give me $250 for parts.. I want my ride fixed not a measly $250 and Polaris walked away like it’s not a big deal! I will be taking this up higher and I will NEVER abut another Polaris ride!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Never owned a Polaris before but thought I'd give one a try. Bought a brand new Sportsman 450 and was first thrilled. However on a hunting trip with only 7 hours on the engine the gear shifter broke. My friends and I had to patch the thing together so I could at least continue for the remainder of the trip. Had the shifter repaired and 10 hours of engine time later it broke again. This time the dealer found that the connection between the gear shifter handle and shift bar was manufactured incorrectly. The dealer spoke with Polaris and they told them to bend the connection to the correct location. Really? Now I own a brand new Sportsman with a cheap fix and I can only hope it holds. Pretty disappointed with my purchase.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had a 2015 Polaris Sportsman ETX with 950 miles. It had an unacceptable list of issues during the time I owned it. These issues included a fuel pump assembly, two voltage regulators, water leak in the belt housing, battery, winch wiring shorting on the frame, and the water pump shaft oil seal failed and was dripping out of the weep-hole. The water pump shaft oil seal failing in less than 1000 miles absolutely infuriated me the most. On top of all of these issues, in less than 1000 miles, the rear drivetrain is sloppy and makes clunking sounds. I am told this is normal... I will never purchase another Polaris product because the build quality is poor. I was worried every single time I rode it.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Purchased E bike 504. I purchased an e bike from Polaris assuming buying a 3k bicycle from a reputable company. I had a problem with bike and company has abandoned any help on fixing it. The company does not standby its products. BE AWARE AND STAY AWAY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have a Polaris Ranger 2x4. Bought it brand new from the dealer. The camshaft has worn out after only 483 hours. Polaris put cheap non-hardened cams in the engine. They know this but refuse to repair or even send the parts for free to my dealer. I would pay the labor. Might cost them a whole 50.00 dollars. I have had 2 - 2x4 Trail Boss ATV's and 1 - 4x4 Trail Boss. Plus this ranger. I sold all the ATV's and will sell this Ranger as soon as I get it running. I am 67 years old. Never ride sand dunes or trails. Only use these on our farm to get from point A to point B. I will never buy another Polaris.

They are junk. They use cheap parts on all of them. I guess it's becuase they can't afford quality materials. There CEO "Scott Wines" is worth 43 million. Maybe thats why they can't afford better Units. Maybe it's time to get rid of him and get someone in there that cares. STAY AWAY FROM POLARIS. Read these reviews.

They all say about the same thing. Polaris is JUNK.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have a 2010 Polaris RZR 800. When I bought the machine it had 2500 km and nothing but the brake lines had to be changed. As soon as we got back from our first trip problems started appearing: broken hub, shot bushings (all of them), snapped belt, shot ball joints, spongy shocks, rusted throttle cable (which almost killed me because got stuck at 4500 rpm on a sharp turn), and shot brake pads. Not to mention the machine had LOTS of rust considering it’s a 2010 and also has REALLY poor quality on most parts. There are also many more little things about the machine that keep going wrong.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I've owned many Polaris vehicles over the years and have never had problems as I have now. Just this past year I purchased a special limited production Sportsman XP 1000 in LAVA orange paint 2018 model. I will be 60 years old this year and ride accordingly. After a weekend of trail riding my paint was completely trashed where ever paint has contact. Under the seat and all storage areas look like I dropped it from a helicopter! Deep gouged in paint and rub scratches. The special paint is garbage for an ATV and the factory even recommends against using a power washer as the paint can come off easily! The machine still gets so hot you can burn your hands on the rear luggage rack above the exhaust.

After contacting Polaris after owning the machine for 1 month they said they could not fix my paint or even reimburse me damages! They offered me a 1 year service contract for my damages but said I would have to live with the damaged paint. I contacted my dealer Sports and Turf in Pottstown PA on 3-15-19 only to find out after selling Polaris forever they dumped the Polaris line for warranty claims and that Polaris was Jamming machines down their throat that they could not sell quick enough. They are now a Dealer for Can Am only.

I also heard through certain circles that more dealers are having this problem in Philadelphia and NJ. Polaris has definitely become too big and will suffer in the near future. The dealers that I associate with are holding on to them because their service shops are extremely busy with repair and warranty work on the Polaris line! You will see a decline in Phila and Jersey in the near future. Shame on Polaris. Just remember Polaris if Rome can fall so will you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have 3 Polaris ATVs. Nothing big problems. 2016 motor Blew up at 109 hours. It was serviced regularly and used on ranch roads. It was recalled by Polaris for exhaust heating From a design flaw. Polaris is not a reliable product For a rancher with 43 section ranch. Could be up to a 27 Mile hike back to headquarters. I wouldn’t recommend A Polaris to anybody for anything. I also have a Kubota R1100 Ni comparison to the Polaris for reliability.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Bought 450 EU in 2017 for mostly home use on hobby farm - awesome machine to move trailers etc with front hitch and low gear. Unfortunately health issues prevented much use so only had 49.6 hrs on it until past warranty timeline. Feb this yr 2019 engine knocked a bit - then seized up while bringing wood to house - had to push quad to garage with tractor. Had to special order repair manual - none online. Pulled engine and removed head and oil pan - connecting rod welded to crank. I understand only 6 months warranty is standard but even 18 months is unacceptable for such a catastrophic failure with less than 50 hrs - 2 oil and filter changes (on time lapse not usage!). At my age - abusive use of this machine is not likely! No stuck in swamps or high speed trail riding. Very disappointed in what was supposed to be such a quality product!

Polaris ATVs Company Information