2. Automotive

Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Polaris ATVs Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2020

Purchase 01/2018. After a 45 min leisurely ride & 48 hours on engine my ATV motor exploded underneath me with metal and oil from engine hitting my legs. Not to mention how worse this could have been! After contacting Polaris with runaround after runaround they decided not to help me at all. After 3 months in their possession I had to call them for them to tell me that they would not replace or repair my ATV. I drove to pick up my pieces of 1000 and had to pay $500 to even get my own ATV back and did I mention in PIECES. I would never recommend in anyway for any to ever purchase a polaris product! They do not stand behind their product or their customers. They need to take lessons from SUBARU on customer service and product backing!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I bought a 2018 Polaris general from Ride Now in Surprise Az. It had 350 miles on it and I was told it was a demonstrator, I found out from DMV that it was registered in another person's name not the dealer, it now has 1300 miles and I have had nothing but problems. The first time I took out it had rained, the radiator is exposed from behind and allowed mud to get between the fan and radiator, guess what new radiator. Then the fuel pump went out. Now it sounds like a rear shock is gone, ($650. a piece) I have had four other atv's and side by sides, I'm 70 years old and not hard on them. I can't recommend Polaris to anyone.

Get buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I bought my RZR Turbo S 4 seater last May and within 4 months the paint on my trailing arms started fading away. Now is building some rust. I only have 260 miles on it???. I tried to open a case but they denied it. Don’t buy this crap brand, they don’t want to be responsible for anything. Nothing but scammers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Bought a brand new 2019 Polaris Ranger XP900. Crap crap crap. 3 hrs out of its first service I blew the belt up 15km from my house in the snow middle of the night. Had to walk out. Came back with another Polaris Rzr tires towing me out his 4x4 blows up. Went to polaris today in Comox BC. They laughed when I asked if they'd give me a free belt to replace the faulty one that blew up.... so I bought two belts one to have as a spare. Complete Chinese **. Wish I bought a Can-Am. I'm going to bring down polaris if they don't compensate me

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We bought our son a 10,000.00 Polaris Ace for Christmas. My husband took it for a spin. He came out of a turn not going fast at all. One of the front wheels bent inward and it flipped. We took it to the place of purchase for repair. They said the arm and frame were bent. Estimate of 5500.00 to fix it with 2 miles on it. Their general manager said they were built for abuse and we should not have that kind of damage. A month later still making payments, Polaris will not cover anything under warranty and the shop is seeing what they can do to get cost down for repair. We are planning on getting another ATV but it definitely will not be from Polaris.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased this quad in October 2018 new. Since the very beginning I had issues starting it. Polaris just says it's the battery. Had the replaced and the next dealership just says that it is because it has one big cylinder. It wont turn over complete sometimes so you need to click the key back and forth a dozen times before it starts to turn.

The second issue is that the check engine light has been coming on for the last six months. Taking it to a dealership seems useless as they really don't seem like they want to work on them, just sell new ones. When the check engine light comes on it sputters which is dangerous if you're going up a hill. The electric power steering has been blowing fuses from day one. In one year I have gone through about 24 fuses. Each time you need to remove 4 screws to get to the fuses. Another issue is that the suspension is very soft compared to the competitors. I was going back wards on level ground, turned and hit the brake, not crazy speeds and plus it has a speed limiter in reverse so your really can't go fast unless you override that limiter. The quad turned on its side breaking my color bone and ribs. This Quad is total crap.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I bought a Polaris Ranger 900 XP Crew 2019. I've had it less than a year and it's not been good. Problem after problem with it. Can't Polaris can't fix the misfire code I keep getting. I have less than 1200 miles on it and I have to replace all my u-joints. The warranty from Polaris is a joke. They find a way not to fix anything. I will never buy Polaris again and I will not recommend Polaris to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

The 850 EPS has had some minor issues but has been used the last 7 years every plowing season for a 600 ft driveway and summers mainly to move trailers. The only issue has been after 5 years a starter issue and the first year an electronic issue in the brain to the check engine light appeared. My machine has more than almost 2000 miles and has only needed a battery replacement with a maintenance repair to the brakes/basic maintenance to all the lubricants without issues for $550. A common issue does seem to be at some point the shifter may break and require a repair for around $100. Overall, my machine has been used worked and not abused without issues. In review of the reviews, it looks like it can be hit or miss if it was put together from the factory well or not. Good luck.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

The Polaris 570-4 I purchased is not assembled in the US. After purchasing the UTV I discovered that the machine is assembled in Mexico. I would never have purchased knowing that a company that brags made in USA is actually assembled in Mexico. After shipping the product to the USVI I discovered that a 6.5% duty was owed because the vin # starts with a #3. I really had to dig deep to verify this as I am sure Polaris has worked hard to hide this fact. Shame on you Polaris!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Purchased the 2015 Polaris Razor XP 4 1000. After 1000 miles on the engine three bolts from the flywheel sprag came loose and shared-off and destroyed the engine, Polaris did not want to back up their product or replace anything on it. Just walked away left me holding the bill, knowing they forgot to put the blue Loctite that goes on the three bolts too the Sprag on the fly wheel and they know this and have not yet put a recall out to save other people from destroying their engines.

Polaris ATV author review by ConsumerAffairs

Polaris has been manufacturing recreational vehicles since 1954 and is known for its off-road innovation. Its extensive line of ATVs includes youth, utility and sport performance machines, designed to cover difficult terrain on the job or for recreation.

• Ranger series: Polaris’s Ranger series has multiple models of side-by-side utility ATVs. Riders can choose from a two-seat, full-size or Crew model. All models are built for rough terrain, farming and hunting. Ranger models can transport up to six people, carry up to 1,750 pounds and have engines ranging from 22-80 horsepower. Consumers can go online and look at the numerous models and features for each one. Pricing for the Ranger series is $8,999-$22,999.

• General series: Polaris built the General series as an all-around utility ATV that can handle any terrain on trails or a work site. Consumers can choose from multiple models in the premium, deluxe and four-seat classes of General ATVs. All models in the General series have 100 horsepower engines and can carry up to 1,100 pounds except the four-seat model which can carry up to 1,280 pounds. Consumers can check online for a full list of features and specs on each General model. Prices range from $16,299-$20,999.

• Sportsman series: Polaris has four classes of Sportsman ATVs: Recreation/Utility, Sport/Utility, Two-person/Utility and Mud and Sport. Each class has multiple models with differing features of general ATV use. Engine sizes range from 33-89 horsepower and payload capacities range from 290-575 pounds. The Mud and Sport designs all feature heavy-duty mud tires while the two-person design has a seat behind the driver's seat. Prices in the Sportsman series range from $5,999-$12,999.

• RZR series: RZR is a series of sport performance, side-by-side ATVs enhanced by over 200 Polaris-made accessories. There are five classes of RZR ATVs: Trail, Sport, Extreme, four-seat and Special Edition. Consumers can go online to look at details, features and specs for all RZR models. The RZR series price range is $10,299-$27,499.

• Polaris Ace series: Polaris Ace is a line of off-road ATVs with a single, centered seat like a cockpit. It is meant to have the comfort of a side-by-side and the handling of an open-seat ATV. The Ace series has four models: the Ace 500, 570, 570 SP and 900 XC. Each model comes with Polaris-designed accessories and upgrades. The Ace series sells for $6,999-$12,999.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team