Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs

3.3/5 (82 ratings)

About Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: April 30, 2022

I purchased a brand new 2021 850 May of 2021 and had to take it back because of a bad instrument cluster and then a couple of months later it started smoking and I could smell oil. I took it back to the dealer and they said it has too much oil and they drained some out and now I am facing an engine rebuild cause con rod bearing has spun out and attached to the crank and Polaris said it is out of warranty and there's nothing they can do about it, some I am paying out of pocket.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Brought my brand new Polaris 850 trail home and noticed right away that the front axle was squeaking. Now I’m just waiting for it to break down. This is not something that I would expect from Polaris. I spent the extra money on a name brand to avoid a cheaply made product, and I ended up with one anyway.

Get buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have a 2018 Polaris Ranger 1000 XP and was having some shifting issues which unfortunately left me stranded in the bush! I found out that there was a recall on the machine for quite some time, but no one from Polaris had called me even though they knew the product had the issue. Now they are saying the recall has expired and they will not cover me, they say it's under my own due diligence to look up the recall and get it fixed, that's where I'm not too happy.

I paid a lot of money for the product and if there is an issue with the product they should not be turning a blind eye on their product and be leaving it for the consumer to have to worry about it. I will most likely not be buying another machine from Polaris just for this reason and I will be informing other people who go to buy a Polaris product about this. A simple letter in the mail about the recall or phone call does not seem that difficult to me and I understand if I got the information it is then in my hands to bring in the machine, but this never happened and I was left very uninformed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Purchased a 2018 new XP 1000. The ranger stated off the bat with a seal in the clutch housing. Leaking oil and throwing belts. Then front A arm bolt fell out twice left me stranded in the woods. Last to least the top end of the motor is now bad, blew a valve and a piston burning oil like no other. Now I am stuck with a fairly new expensive machine that I can not drive or enjoy. I am very very disappointed and will not recommend anyone to purchase any Polaris products. Not made with quality and longevity.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

3.5 months ago bought a brand new 2021 Polaris General XP 1000 deluxe. From the minute we took possession of the vehicle there's been problems with it. If it wasn't the uncontrollable bouncing and shaking it was the I'm alignable front end. The defective tires there is problems with a front differential. There is problems with the secondary clutch. There is problems with the body. There is problems with absolutely everything on this machine. It has under 3,000 km on it. It has been back at the dealership getting fixed half a dozen more times. It's my everyday vehicle because where I live we're legally allowed to drive them up here and with much aggravation and arguments the dealership has not fixed the problems. He has acknowledged that I've complained about things on the machine, still hasn't fixed them, a contact at Polaris Industries and where Minnesota arguing that with them for three and a half months.

Finally they agreed to take the machine back and get me into a machine that's actually working to back down on what they said to offer us $2,000 towards a new machine. We just paid over $40,000 for this machine and we're still on the hook for the loan and they want to take the broken machine in and give us a trade-in value and give us $2,000 towards a new machine so they're expecting us to drop another $30,000 for another machine minus the $2,000 for the completely defective machine which has zero value on it right now because it is broken and they refuse to do anything about it.

I have pictures, I have videos, I have a voicemail from Polaris stating, "Don't worry. We'll get you out of that machine and get you into a machine that is more suitable for you. We will help you through the everything." Yeti at yada. I turn around and they're not willing to do so so my suggestion to you is do not buy a Polaris machine. Do not buy a Polaris anything. They do not stand by their warranty. They do not stand by their word. For a company as big as Polaris who prides themselves on the quality of their products that they pump out and their customer service they're really doing everything in their power to make the customer unhappy. Not willing to work with the customer. They acknowledged the problems and not willing to do anything about it. Basically what I am understanding is, "Oh well you got what you paid for. If you want some networks give us another 40 Grand. Will give you something that works."

So after three and a half months of arguing and fighting with Polaris and the dealership it's time now to go to the media and obtain a lawyer and start looking for all the other people in Canada and United States and globally that are having as many problems as I am with their brand new machines and getting nowhere with Polaris or the dealership. Absolutely nothing for them to take this defective machine back and give me a machine that works that I paid for. But you know the globe is in a pandemic right now and these big companies that rip people off on a daily basis are just getting away with it and it seems like there's nothing to customer can do anymore.

Go again my suggestion to anybody who's reading this: do not buy Polaris. Kawasaki is better than Polaris. Arctic Cat is better than Polaris. Hell a Chinese knockoff is better than Polaris only because they're willing to work with the customer to rectify the problem not string them along and string them along and string them along and ignore them and not return their phone calls or their emails or reach out in any way shape or form until the warranty is over and then all of a sudden the phone call. But I was smart like I did from day one. I took pictures. I gathered evidence videos. I even had part of the complete cab enclosure explode in my hands and sliced my finger open so please we Need to all STOP BUYING POLARIS AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR SUBPAR PRODUCTS, DAMAGES INJURIES ETC.... it's just ridiculous.

I own this machine for a month and a half to two months before I got a recall notice telling me to stop using this machine at once. I've never seen a company with this many recalls on any of their products like I have Polaris and I'm a lifelong Polaris guy. I bought and lots of Polaris Vehicles over my lifetime, is my second brand new vehicle from a dealership and I can guarantee you one thing right now on my children on my life I will never ever ever give one red Cent to Polaris ever again as long as I live.

It is Criminal what they are doing but I'm assuming because they have all this money all this power that nothing ever comes of it show folks. If you're looking for a good machine don't buy polaris. It is not worth the headache, aggravation or stress. If you want to spend that ridiculous amount of money to get upset contact me. I'll charge you half the $$ and still upset you. We need to hold these businesses accountable. It is unfair they can rob us like this.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

When I bought it I was told that I would have it by the end of October. NOW THEY ARE TALKING DECEMBER!! The riding season is half gone!!! I will lose a lot of value as when I get it, it will be LAST YEAR'S MODEL!! I ordered it in the spring! Wait it get better.. They may ship it without all the parts!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

After purchasing 2 vehicles from Polaris and considering a 3 purchase come to realize that the 1st and only time I tried using my warranty they denied the service or even helping out on any way because my vehicle is modified, however the modification has nothing to do with what is wrong with the vehicle that is 5 yrs old. Not mistreated as I only have 6,500 miles on it. That comes to show what a poor service they offer when they come up with an excuse rather than help. Look out. Keep that in mind before purchasing the product. I know I didn't but learned from my mistake!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I have a 2021 RZR XP Turbo that right out of the box had a bad clutch and a turbo diverter valve that was miss adjusted. Many calls to Polaris & visits to the dealership, still no help from either. Had to put an aftermarket clutch in myself to make it driveable. Finally got the diverter valve adjusted. 1100 miles on the aftermarket clutch and it drives great. Too bad I had to spend $800 plus my labor to make a new machine drive the way it should have in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The Ranger 500 has no gauge or idiot light for oil temperature or pressure. The owners manual says to check the oil dipstick before each trip. That requires laying on your belly and unscrewing the dipstick in front of the right rear tire -- not something I want to do in dewy grass. A mechanic for a competing brand says that the Ranger is a "Play UTV that can work". His brand, and several others are "Work UTVs that can play". Although the Ranger is cheaper than a Kubota or a Kawasaki, I think that I will consider those next time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have bought two machines from Polaris. Big mistake had Can-Am before. Can't get parts. Everyone I spoke to is very rude and do not care. You spend 55000. Got their money. Now my RZR sits. So now needs care a little about their customers. Hope I get a reply back but good chance. Now they got their money. I will trade my RZR and get another machines where people care about their customer.

Polaris ATV author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Polaris has been manufacturing recreational vehicles since 1954 and is known for its off-road innovation. Its extensive line of ATVs includes youth, utility and sport performance machines, designed to cover difficult terrain on the job or for recreation.

• Ranger series: Polaris’s Ranger series has multiple models of side-by-side utility ATVs. Riders can choose from a two-seat, full-size or Crew model. All models are built for rough terrain, farming and hunting. Ranger models can transport up to six people, carry up to 1,750 pounds and have engines ranging from 22-80 horsepower. Consumers can go online and look at the numerous models and features for each one. Pricing for the Ranger series is $8,999-$22,999.

• General series: Polaris built the General series as an all-around utility ATV that can handle any terrain on trails or a work site. Consumers can choose from multiple models in the premium, deluxe and four-seat classes of General ATVs. All models in the General series have 100 horsepower engines and can carry up to 1,100 pounds except the four-seat model which can carry up to 1,280 pounds. Consumers can check online for a full list of features and specs on each General model. Prices range from $16,299-$20,999.

• Sportsman series: Polaris has four classes of Sportsman ATVs: Recreation/Utility, Sport/Utility, Two-person/Utility and Mud and Sport. Each class has multiple models with differing features of general ATV use. Engine sizes range from 33-89 horsepower and payload capacities range from 290-575 pounds. The Mud and Sport designs all feature heavy-duty mud tires while the two-person design has a seat behind the driver's seat. Prices in the Sportsman series range from $5,999-$12,999.

• RZR series: RZR is a series of sport performance, side-by-side ATVs enhanced by over 200 Polaris-made accessories. There are five classes of RZR ATVs: Trail, Sport, Extreme, four-seat and Special Edition. Consumers can go online to look at details, features and specs for all RZR models. The RZR series price range is $10,299-$27,499.

• Polaris Ace series: Polaris Ace is a line of off-road ATVs with a single, centered seat like a cockpit. It is meant to have the comfort of a side-by-side and the handling of an open-seat ATV. The Ace series has four models: the Ace 500, 570, 570 SP and 900 XC. Each model comes with Polaris-designed accessories and upgrades. The Ace series sells for $6,999-$12,999.

Polaris ATVs Company Information