2. Automotive

Polaris ATVs

3.8/5 (190 ratings)

About Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

When I bought it I was told that I would have it by the end of October. NOW THEY ARE TALKING DECEMBER!! The riding season is half gone!!! I will lose a lot of value as when I get it, it will be LAST YEAR'S MODEL!! I ordered it in the spring! Wait it get better.. They may ship it without all the parts!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

After purchasing 2 vehicles from Polaris and considering a 3 purchase come to realize that the 1st and only time I tried using my warranty they denied the service or even helping out on any way because my vehicle is modified, however the modification has nothing to do with what is wrong with the vehicle that is 5 yrs old. Not mistreated as I only have 6,500 miles on it. That comes to show what a poor service they offer when they come up with an excuse rather than help. Look out. Keep that in mind before purchasing the product. I know I didn't but learned from my mistake!

Get buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I have a 2021 RZR XP Turbo that right out of the box had a bad clutch and a turbo diverter valve that was miss adjusted. Many calls to Polaris & visits to the dealership, still no help from either. Had to put an aftermarket clutch in myself to make it driveable. Finally got the diverter valve adjusted. 1100 miles on the aftermarket clutch and it drives great. Too bad I had to spend $800 plus my labor to make a new machine drive the way it should have in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The Ranger 500 has no gauge or idiot light for oil temperature or pressure. The owners manual says to check the oil dipstick before each trip. That requires laying on your belly and unscrewing the dipstick in front of the right rear tire -- not something I want to do in dewy grass. A mechanic for a competing brand says that the Ranger is a "Play UTV that can work". His brand, and several others are "Work UTVs that can play". Although the Ranger is cheaper than a Kubota or a Kawasaki, I think that I will consider those next time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have bought two machines from Polaris. Big mistake had Can-Am before. Can't get parts. Everyone I spoke to is very rude and do not care. You spend 55000. Got their money. Now my RZR sits. So now needs care a little about their customers. Hope I get a reply back but good chance. Now they got their money. I will trade my RZR and get another machines where people care about their customer.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Just now NEW. Erie, PA....We are beyond disappointed with the current events with Auto Express and Polaris.. We pd. cash on a 2021, Polaris 1000 ATV on 4-23-21. It came in approx 1 month after and was defective (Auto Express still has it at their shop)... So we still have NO 4 WHEELER. AutoExp states "It's out their hands," "They have to try what Polaris says to do"...yet? It's been weeks, several attempts and it's still unrepairable.... Yet? They have our Money? We have NO 4 wheeler and not once were we offered a loaner or did they even attempt to find us one and we use an ATV daily on our farm....(well, until now)... Polaris? They are just as bad... (at this point they have tried everything to correct it and can't.... it's now been since 5-24-21)...

All we want is our money back.... Polaris says it can take 3-4 months longer for that to happen... Auto Express..? NOT one resolution attempt for the customer.. Response... "Our Hands are Tied"... Their hands were not tied taking our funds??.. This is BEYOND acceptable. Customer Service is def not a priority for them unless you are handing the money over to them.... They need to resolve this issue and I am certain our future holds ZERO chance of dealing again with their stores.

Even after numerous calls to leave a message for the owner of stores, we hear nothing more than... It's out their hands... Polaris is in control.. and NO CALL BACK from the owner of Auto Express because he's too busy for this kind of thing. Well? If this is how an owner wants to run his business... shuffle the bad situations under the rug... and look the other way? All I can say is... Wow?... Come out and PAY your customer and make it right. This has now been well past telling the customer to be patient. Our Patience? GONE.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Hey guys and gals! Please read this before purchasing a new 2020-2021 RXR XP Turbo. I want to share my experience with you so you can have an idea of what kind of company Polaris is and make an informed decision on your purchase. Some background -- I am a major lover of all things off-road. I grew up around all types of off road machines & am a seasoned rider. I'm also a disabled vet who recently sold all of my dirtcbikes (3) and ATVs (2) due to worsening service connected physical issues with my back and shoulder. Under the recommendation of a friend who also suffers similar issues, I purchased a brand new 2021 RZR Turbo February 1st of this year and boy do I regret buying a Polaris.

This has been the worst purchase decision I've ever made -- not because of the type of machine, but because the machine I bought is a lemon. Even worse than that, Polaris refuses to believe their own Gold-Level Certified Polaris technicians that are telling them there is a problem! These are guys who have decades of experience with these machines who have hands on the machine and are the ones testing and repairing the machine. The ultimate diagnosis is made by a "Polaris Tech" that works in an office at Polaris Corporate, who is probably following a decision tree directly linked to their P&L Unsaleables & deciding if it makes financial sense to provide good customer service. The fact that Polaris doesn't trust their field techs really says something about the trust they have in their training & products. My machine has been plagued with problems since purchase.

Issues chronologically;

1 - Throttle Position Sensor fell off on first ride. - Dealer Repaired.
    2 - Belt slippage on 3rd ride - dealer replaced belt under warranty.
    3 - Same slippage on next ride - dealer replaced primary & secondary clutches and belt under warranty.

4 - Same belt slippage on next ride - dealer (Gold Cert. Polaris Tech) tested it, took video of the machine having the issue, & submitted it to Polaris corporate who also acknowledged and confirmed the issue. Currently the machine struggles exceed 50mph (on trails or pastureland) without revving to high rpms and emitting a burning rubber smell.

The dealer contacted their rep (a Polaris employee) who openly acknowledged that these are widespread issues with 20-21 RZR Turbos. Read more on that here: **. On their reps recommendation the dealer replaced the spring in secondary clutch with a stiffer one. After testing again, the dealer found that it's still slipping with no ideas on what to do next. Polaris Corp calls and tells me that slip is normal when riding machine on non-slip surfaces. The problem is, I don't ride it how they described -- I ride exclusively on wooded trails and pastureland. My dealer GM and his seasoned certified techs tested it under recommended riding conditions & confirm the issue is still present & not normal. The Polaris Corp. refuses to acknowledge that this is a REAL PROBLEM and make it right.

This model already had the clutch recalled and replaced once (before I even bought it). I'm guessing a class-action lawsuit or recall will follow shortly. The purpose of this post is in no way meant to rip on my dealer. They have bent over backwards to help me resolve the issue & are totally aligned that my machine is defective. The purpose of this post is to warn others to avoid this machine and to inform you that should you decide to purchase one and run into issues with it, Polaris will try their hardest to make you eat it. Not what I'd expect from a premium American brand. I’m not telling you that you should — but feel free to share the hell out of this. Good luck to all and happy trails!

Original review: April 27, 2021

Bought this 2019 rzr 900s new. Took it home second time out and still breaking it in check engine light comes on. Take it back to the dealer 2 hours away. They say my belt is burn. Not happy but I believe them. Buy a new belt. Take it home second ride again lost power. Speedo quit working and power steel light came on. Take it back to the dealer. They tell me I’m hitting the break and gas at the same time. I drive with one foot not 2. All they did was reset code. And when it happen I was on the throttle. Get it back home, take it out right away and guess what lost power, no speedo and power steering light on again. I call right away and tell them what happened. They tell me to take a video of it doing it. I can drive and video at the same time. There's a faulty sensor somewhere. They blame the owner right away. And gets very frustrating when they jump on you and it's your fault when you did nothing wrong.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My machine has 1300 miles on it and the rear upper A-frame mounting holes in the frame are egged out and rear wheels are leaning in. This makes the machine wonder around while riding and tires wear uneven. Wish I had bought a Can Am Outlander or a Suzuki King Quad not this overpriced pile of crap!

Original review: April 26, 2021

I bought a 2021 Polaris rzr xp1000 just a few months back. My machine broke down with 4.5 miles on it with the check engine light and the power steering light on ....Took it to the dealer and they reset my computer/ speed sensor. Brought it home ....Went riding ....It broke down again....Same thing check engine light and power steering light. I took it back to the dealer. They replaced my speed sensor. Brought it home....Went riding and less than 100 miles ....same thing....Check engine light and power steering light is back on.... Every time these lights come on I lose all throttle. I was on a steep hill climb this last time and almost wrecked cause of losing power!! This machine is dangerous and should be recalled or polaris should buy it back.... Ill never buy another polaris again!!!

Polaris ATV author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Polaris has been manufacturing recreational vehicles since 1954 and is known for its off-road innovation. Its extensive line of ATVs includes youth, utility and sport performance machines, designed to cover difficult terrain on the job or for recreation.

• Ranger series: Polaris’s Ranger series has multiple models of side-by-side utility ATVs. Riders can choose from a two-seat, full-size or Crew model. All models are built for rough terrain, farming and hunting. Ranger models can transport up to six people, carry up to 1,750 pounds and have engines ranging from 22-80 horsepower. Consumers can go online and look at the numerous models and features for each one. Pricing for the Ranger series is $8,999-$22,999.

• General series: Polaris built the General series as an all-around utility ATV that can handle any terrain on trails or a work site. Consumers can choose from multiple models in the premium, deluxe and four-seat classes of General ATVs. All models in the General series have 100 horsepower engines and can carry up to 1,100 pounds except the four-seat model which can carry up to 1,280 pounds. Consumers can check online for a full list of features and specs on each General model. Prices range from $16,299-$20,999.

• Sportsman series: Polaris has four classes of Sportsman ATVs: Recreation/Utility, Sport/Utility, Two-person/Utility and Mud and Sport. Each class has multiple models with differing features of general ATV use. Engine sizes range from 33-89 horsepower and payload capacities range from 290-575 pounds. The Mud and Sport designs all feature heavy-duty mud tires while the two-person design has a seat behind the driver's seat. Prices in the Sportsman series range from $5,999-$12,999.

• RZR series: RZR is a series of sport performance, side-by-side ATVs enhanced by over 200 Polaris-made accessories. There are five classes of RZR ATVs: Trail, Sport, Extreme, four-seat and Special Edition. Consumers can go online to look at details, features and specs for all RZR models. The RZR series price range is $10,299-$27,499.

• Polaris Ace series: Polaris Ace is a line of off-road ATVs with a single, centered seat like a cockpit. It is meant to have the comfort of a side-by-side and the handling of an open-seat ATV. The Ace series has four models: the Ace 500, 570, 570 SP and 900 XC. Each model comes with Polaris-designed accessories and upgrades. The Ace series sells for $6,999-$12,999.

Polaris ATVs Company Information