Polaris ATVs

Compare ATVs

Research top ATVs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a supposed 2014 Polaris 570 razor but it's really a 7 of 2013. Didn't want a one-year old razor. Paid for paperwork fee 200. Paid delivery fee. Junk has 400 miles because leftover battery cell trash from day one. Now 403 miles later odometer 4x4. Gas etc out not working. Glad I spent 14000.00 on junk to get this thing safe and working. Nothing but junk for big dollars.

Purchased a Polaris from these guys in 2015. Service-wise they charge like a bull but had no complaints until I sent my vehicle in just 26 months after purchase. The vehicle has been on relatively light utility work but asked them to come to us (extra cost) as a bit concerned as it seemed to be making a funny noise. Handed the keys over and specifically asked the engineer to test drive it. Returned 90 minutes later no engineer, no note but service complete. Received a bill a couple of days later for £200 for the service. 3 days later, the vehicle literally ground to a halt on a Saturday afternoon at a shoot after traveling just a mile.

Mortons shut so called a local mechanic who is very respected and just happened to be the senior mechanic at the ATV dealership that they acquired a while back. He diagnosed total transmission failure but somewhat oddly virtually no transmission fluid in a vehicle that had been serviced in the past few days. Heat marks all over the transmission that either should have been spotted on the service or mysteriously occurred sometime after. Rang Mortons and was told as they hadn't attended (although they were closed so I was supposed to leave it in the field for the weekend) therefore they couldn't be sure that the reputable local agricultural mechanic was lying or had removed the transmission fluid himself!

They would call me back still waiting three months later. Transmission repaired elsewhere not giving these jokers £1500. Received a chase up today on their bill! Will pay but only after my promised phone call! Was telling this amongst a group of Norfolk farmers and they all looked at me and said should have bought a Kubota same price, better vehicle and good dealership. Lucky you, reading this.

I purchase a new Polaris 700 in 2005 and had it for 9 yrs and never had a problem. So in 2015 I sold my 700 and purchased a new 570 sportsman, that's when the problems began. When I first got it and rode it you could not stand the heat. The right side of the ATV was burning up. So now I have 20 hrs on the unit and it would not start, I take it to the dealer, and he tells me the woodruff key is bad. Even though the ATV had only 20 hrs on it was not covered by warranty. So I paid for it. So now I got 30 hrs on it and it quit running. I took it to dealer, he told me the fuel system was gone and would cost $1000.00 to repair. I traded the Polaris 570 for a Honda Pioneer 500. In almost one and a half years this Honda has never seen the dealer. I have no idea what happen to Polaris. This was a good company.

Have owned Polaris before but very disappointed with my recent purchase. Since purchasing this vehicle new I have had nothing but issues with it. First the starter burned out but fortunately this was covered by warranty. My last visit to the repair shop at 328 hrs level the battery had shorted out and front differential needed new seals and U-Joints and carrier bearings required replacement. The statement from the dealer was these went out because I drove in mud (I thought this was an off road vehicle). The power steering works less than 50% of the time and the dealership stated that was a common issue due to electrical issues and basically recommended I live with it. This vehicle is used on a cattle ranch and has very little off road use. Used mostly on gravel roads.

I told the dealership that the design of the vehicle creates a large amount of mud build up and they agreed but could sell me mud guards that should help for 500.00. Seems if they are building off road vehicle this would have been in the original design. Also bought a gun rack for $145 then was told it would require a floor mount which was an additional $89.99. Purchased a 750 windshield that is unusable due to the amount of dirt/grass it puts into the cab area. Was told if I purchased a rear window it might be better but not willing to spend any more money on this bad purchase. It is obvious that this is a poorly designed vehicle that is geared towards making you purchase expensive accessories to make the vehicle usable.

This review is about the 2016 Polaris Ranger 900xp limited edition camo. I purchased this machine new in February 2016. After 30 miles the machine was in the shop for a bad starter relay, kept blowing fuses. At 68 miles in the shop again for a bad TPS sensor and rough idle. The shop Absolute Motor Sports in Grants Pass, Oregon could not figure out how to fix the problem. I told them that the machine was a lemon and wanted it replaced. They said that there was nothing they could do and to contact Polaris corporate office.

Machine wash in the shop at 132 miles for another bad sensor and for the last time at 210 miles for a bad drive belt. I got rid of this machine after the last repair made at my own expense. In summary, these machines made by Polaris are complete garbage!!! Especially at the 17-29 thousand dollars that they price them at. They are nothing but trash!!! Buyer beware!!! You will get screwed out of your money and will have many headaches afterwards!!! Polaris is 100% garbage!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Bought a new Polaris Ranger 800 March of 2012, drove it for 1800 miles then the motor blew up, needed new pistons and rings not covered under warranty. Cost $1200 in repairs. Once fixed drove it until it 4,000 miles total then blew up again same problem. I then overhauled it myself. Cost me around 600 for parts, drove it until 7000 miles then traded it off for a 2015 Ranger 900p. Put 2000 miles on the 900 hundred and the front gear-case went out. Overall recommend a can-am Defender or Honda Pioneer 1000.

My father bought me a 2005 Polaris sportsman 400, and my brother a 2011 Polaris sportsman 400 H.O. and all I have to say is, stay away from Polaris. 1 month after riding, my brakes failed, so we got them fixed, then a month later, mine overheated... After 2 months the battery in my brother's died, so we got a new battery, then the next week, a fuse blew. Then we were trouble free for 3 months, until AGAIN mine overheated. Then the fuel pump in my brother's went bad after sitting for ONE MONTH... Then mine started to leak coolant, then my engine had a blown head gasket, and my brother's transmission broke. So we bought Suzukis, and we've had them for 5 months, with no trouble. So DO NOT BUY POLARIS!!! Stick with Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha. You won't regret it.

Oil seal came out on my Polaris 570 EFI. No light came on or low oil sensor showed up on dash of my four wheeler. I had purchased a 3 yr extended warranty. They denied my warranty. They said I didn't have a proper maintenance record that was supposed to be printed out. Now I'm still paying for a 4 wheeler and need a motor.

We bought a 2006 500 H.O used w/ 100 hours. We have now had it for 4 years. We pull big logs w it. Haul deer. We haul big trailers full of wood, normally have 3 for people on it at a time. (Farm use) We have not had to do anything to this atv besides put on a new caliper and regular maintenance like change oil. It's a beast. I have friends who have Hondas and arctic cats that are very impressed w/ my atv - it's a tank nothing can stop it. Well with the $3500 I paid for it.

I purchased the Polaris 900 EPS in April of 2016. Brought it back for service in June. In September it has 254 hours and engine failure. I purchased the extended warranty and they are denying the claim because the air filter was dirty!!!

Polaris Sportsman 570 Two-up. Multiple horrible design flaws. Most problematic: the seat mount. The back of the seat is kept located by two fragile plastic pins the size of a pencil. They break very easily with all the tossing side to side that a rider does on an ATV. The front of the seat is held by fragile metal bars that easily bend side to side. I had to build a custom rear seat-locator system out of angle iron, but the seat still wouldn't keep from side-to-side movement.

The right middle seat-post is supposed to rest on a piece of sturdy metal, but it got so hot the seat post melted and the seat post slipped off to the right. The seat post molded into the middle left part of the seat has a nice rubber foot on it intended to rest on a frame member, but IT'S IN THE WRONG PLACE AND DOESN'T REST ON ANYTHING! It just floats in space just left of the frame. The result of all this terrible design was the middle of the seat sagging and putting pressure on top of the engine and causing the fuel rail ($192 repair) to be crushed and squirt fuel all over the engine. I'm lucky I didn't catch fire.

Secondly, a rubber bungee strap is NOT a battery retention system. It's nearly impossible to keep hook number one in its slot while you stretch the band over the battery to latch hook number two. I had to build my own retention system with threaded rods, a metal top plate and wing-nuts. The hinge on the front hood is a tiny pin going through thin tabs of plastic molded to the hood. VERY fragile. I had to rebuild this area with a sturdy slab of steel and a metal hinge.

The 2nd passenger seat is comfortable, but there is nothing to lock the seat-back into the upright position. It is only held up by the person sitting in it. Otherwise it's just there flopping up and down. Not a critical problem, but stupid, annoying and indicative of the shoddy design work this vehicle is revealing to me daily. The plastic pins that are supposed to hold the side panels on are crap. They give you a special plier to pull them out with, but they almost always break when you do. You'll have to buy a bag of spare pins if you ever need to get into your engine area. I finally did away with them and went with metal bolts and wing nuts.

The side panels slide into place in the front, but the holes for the retention pins at the back of the panel are placed too far back on the vehicle. The result is that the panel won't stay located in its front groove. I ended up having to re-drill new holes just to keep the side panels tightly in place in their front groove. The overall design is lacking in sturdy lash-points. The truck-bed is cool, but the lash-points on the side of it are cheap plastic crap. I ended up having to put aluminum plates on a frame member behind where my foot rests and making a lash point there that I could trust with heavy loads. VERY UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT, AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE AT THE POLARIS DESIGN TEAM.

I bought a 2016 sportsman 570 sp and I've noticed after the first ride that my exhaust was very hot. I could feel it on my leg and even through the seat. One night after a short ride I noticed something glowing red under the bike. The whole exhaust pipe was bright red, the pipe is inches away from a coolant line and right under your gas tank. I know that my plastic will melt soon. It's happened to my friend. The dealer says it's normal but it's funny how they are facing a class action lawsuit over it.... Do not buy Polaris - you've been warned.

I recently purchased a 2016 Polaris ranger highlighter edition. I began using this utv under normal, as advertised conditions, off road, some mud and some water no deeper than 18." After only 2 tanks of fuel the belt slipped while riding off road and the utv began making a weird noise. I immediately loaded the utv on the trailer and brought it to a dealer. I was told that water had gotten in the belt housing and destroyed the belt and clutch and repair was $2000, and was not covered under warranty because of water damage. It was found by the dealer that the gasket came out of the belt cover (not properly installed at the factory) but I am still responsible for the bill!!!

I've own Polaris 2015, Polaris 570 sp efi, eps, ebs. I haven't had no problems other than the rear brake master cylinder being replace after a week I got it. It was under warranty. I paid nothing. I really think it depends on the dealer you get it from. Mine takes care of me. I now have 812 miles on it after one year. No broken axles. I only have it in four wheel drive when I need it. I have had it in deep mud, I do not abuse it, I keep my oil change every 300 miles on the engine, front axle 250 miles just because it only holds 8 oz. The rest is by Polaris recommendations, still running strong.

I purchased my Polaris GENERAL about 6 months ago. In that 6 months my reverse chain has broke 2 times from simply backing up! This vehicle costs roughly 18,000$. I shouldn't have to worry about it breaking every time I put it in reverse! This is a problem that needs to be fixed! Whether it's recalled or replaced for free! It's getting ridiculous!

Purchased a new 2016 570 sportsman last year. After 6 months the indicator started showing low voltage values, after driving through water, until the engine stops. The dealer could not fix. Polaris customer service said they never heard of the problem in 100K+ units and recommended taking it to another dealer. I've been treated like I'm making it up.

I have purchased a Polaris 570 four wheeler, and it is one year old. We've had nothing but trouble out of it and have spent over $1,200.00 on it in this past year. Seems to that Polaris is trying to "work out the kinks" on these 570s (AT THE OWNER'S EXPENSE). It is not fair that you give a big price for a piece of junk. Only a 6 month guarantee???WHAT??? THEY NEED A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM.

Received recall June 28, 2016, Called Polaris. I don't have a trailer to carry my ranger to dealer. They said call Dealer. Called dealer Mid South Motoplex Clarksville TN. They want 300.00 to pick it up. Called Polaris support back. They replied get a buddy with trailer to carry it to have recall done or rent a U-Haul trailer. I asked if they were willing to pay to put hitch on my car to rent trailer. They said no. They don't understand people buy these ATVs for their property and expect them to buy a trailer to haul it for maintenance. Almost 3 months cannot ride my ranger because recall says not to. What a bunch of **. They should have to provide transportation but won't. The issue is a heat shield that was not installed on the 2015-16 and it makes the seat get uncomfortably hot. Could catch on fire.

People of America never ever buy anything that has Polaris on it. I don't care what it is or what your friends and family have said good about them. They are trash. This company makes vehicles that last for 5000 miles then you need a new clutch, cv joints, motor overhaul, tranny overhaul and totally change all other parts of machine. Then it will last for another 5000 then do it all over again. One other thing I would like to say if you live in great falls NEVER EVER go to sports city Cyclery. They are total rip offs. They will charge you 1000 to replace clutch when you can buy for 500 and install in 20 minutes for free labor, to do a oil change. They charge well over 100 dollars if you bought filter and oil from 3rd party. You could do it for 30 dollars. It goes on and on. Just take this advice. Never buy Polaris and never go to sports city Cyclery. You would be better off buying a Honda or Yamaha.

2014 ranger xp 900 - Fuel pump went out on my ride at 2 years old. Ordered part for $211. Come to find out it's back ordered. Dealer say it won't be in for a month. Very pissed off. Piece of ** Polaris owner. Also this was after I had to purchase 2 rear tires for $200 cause my stock tires cracked and we're going flat. They had at least 3/4 tread left. POLARIS = JUNK. DON'T BUY ONE.

My Polaris ranger has had continual problems from new. It's unsafe & they don't seem to have recalls on faulty parts. I think Polaris are dumping substandard bikes on the New Zealand market. I have had problems with the downhill descent with a near miss accident because of faulty gear. I have had near miss accidents due to the pins in the steering braking. This has happened twice with a near new machine. I ended up in a ditch as it caused loss of control.

The disc brakes were also faulty. The drive belt keeps breaking. The last one lasted only 3 weeks. I have had 3 drive belts replaced in 12 months. When the drive belts break the back end locks up and causes loss of control. Replacement clutch kits. It's never ending. Polaris don't stock many spare parts so it take a long time to get bike fixed. I am a farmer and have stock to feed & shift every day. I cannot do this when my bike is continually getting fixed. I tried to talk to Polaris N. Z but they don't want to know. Polaris N. Z are too busy importing these ** bikes into the country and don't have time to deal with concerned customers.

I owned a 2012 Polaris RZR 800 50". I had zero issues with this machine. I rode it hard sometimes. Had it so covered in mud you couldn't tell what color it was. However, I always did a thorough cleaning afterward. Maintenance was a real pain. Everything was hard to get at. Or I had to disassemble half the machine to get at things. But after a couple times I developed a system that saved time and busted knuckles. I did a couple of changes that aren't really recommended (like) disconnected the front sway bar links. Huge difference in ride and off road traction and stability!! On roads it did increase body roll. But I rarely drove over 35 anyway.

In September of 2015 I traded my 800 in on a new 2016 900 Trail. I had almost 3000 miles on it. Great machine! The 900 has many upgrades over the 800. Tons more power. Slightly larger cab. Stronger frame and power steering. Most of my riding is around our rural, gravel road farming community. Or putting around with the grandkids. But do haul it to the state trails where it performs like a mountain goat on steroids! I was notified in the mail about a couple of recalls on my machine. This was four months ago. My dealer still don't have any parts for the fix (heat shield & fuel tank vent). And since the first notice. Polaris issued another recall on the voltage regulator. I am very disappointed with the snail like response on these recalls. We're planning a trip in couple of months. And it better be made safe by then or my next post will not be so forgiving.

I purchased a new Polaris EV early in 2015. Before the warranty expired it began making a popping noise in the front end. It is a 4x4. I took it to the dealer whom I have known for over 30 years and after 2 weeks he said he couldn't be sure what the problem was without tearing the front end down and that Polaris wouldn't pay for labor to explore. I told him that the noise was serious and would lead to front end failure prematurely if not fixed. He gave me a number for the Polaris rep and I called them. I told them everything and they refused to fix it.

The noise continued and got worse. The warranty lapsed and finally you could tell there was too much play in the front axles. Something had been misaligned or something all the time. Now they refuse to fix it because the warranty is lapsed. The EV is less than 17 months old and has needed fixed since it was 5 months old. I am 63 and it hasn't been abused ever. I have an extended warranty with another company but Polaris should pay for this. It is their problem and has been.

I bought a Polaris Slingshot at this dealership. In late January of this year I had an accident and had it towed to this dealership. They said "We'll order the parts and get right back to you." I gave them my insurance info and called the Insurance company to give them a heads up. I waited and waited. Each call was answered with "The parts aren't in yet". The insurance company sent me a check based upon their estimate. We are now three months into this. Upset, I went to the dealership, but not all the parts were in "yet". This was Friday. I informed the manager that if my bike was not finished by Monday I would be on the sidewalk with a 3X4 sign and would be there each day until my bike was done. His response, "We're not open on Mondays." "I am", I replied.

Lo and behold I got a call the next day that my bike would be ready just about the time they would be closing. I was there with bells on. I paid them and the parts lady walked me out to check my bike over. She explained to me that they had taken body parts from their demonstrators and we determined that one fender was scratched and mounted a little askew. Not to worry. "We'll call you just as soon as the parts arrive. Then we will swap them out." Presently we are approaching six months of this nonsense. In the meantime they have moved the dealership. I called the new store. "I'll have the person who can handle this call you right back." That was ten days ago. Still waiting. Their current address is Indian Motorcycle, 2677 East Willis Road, Chandler, AZ. Patronize them at your own risk.

I have a 2012 Polaris 800 RZR and last fall was riding in the fall when the leaves had fallen off the trees. The leaves had gotten wet and when driven on were picked up by the tires and thrown up onto the exhaust on the right side of the header from the engine. My friend was behind me and waved at me. At first I thought he was just being nice so I waved back. He then yelled, "Fire. Fire." at which point I stopped and got out and looked under the wheeler with him and yes there was fire there.

As I was brushing out the fire and touching the hot exhaust I melted a good pair of gloves and got first degree burns on two of my fingers. If my friend hadn't been behind me I do not want to know what would have happened. We checked the exhaust at regular intervals and found smoldering after the first cleaning. I think some deflector or shield needs to be retrofitted to fix this serious problem before someone or someone's RZR is destroyed, by no fault of the owner, by this very serious problem.

I have a 2012 RZR 800 EFI trail. It just turned 1,000 miles. And the (known problem) of oil pressure relief valve sticking open or closed. Caused my engine to get trashed. Why are you people not making this $18,000 product to last? Why are you guys not covering the damage on these vehicles, caused by a design error?

I have had the same problem with both of these quads. At the 1200 mile mark both quads have valve lashing problem. Dealer fixed under warranty, rode 100 miles and had the same problem. Both quads started using oil at a rate of one quart every 75 miles. I am currently in battle with Polaris on the 2012 because I purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Polaris has a problem with these motors and are washing their hand off it. They are even refusing to fix the 2012 which has an extended warranty. I have been a huge Polaris guy, but they have managed to screw that up. The XP motor is junk!

I paid for a brand new 4-wheeler Polaris 500 high output with less than 3 hundred miles. It sits dead in the garage. Polaris is very rude to me. This machine has never been wet, or jumped no abuse, just cruised on to mushroom hunt. Everyone has problems with the Polaris and I also believe Can-Am is owned by Polaris as well. Please don't buy their junk. Learn from the so many people who have been ripped off. Check the BBB when it comes to any high ticket item you plan to buy. Buy Honda. Buy Suzuki. Buy Yamaha. Buy Kawasaki. From now on I will stick with the Honda. It will outlast 20 of these Polaris machines. Please beware of the Polaris. You will be sorry if you don't.

I paid almost $15,000 to buy a top of the line ATV (Polaris RZR) in Aug 2015. I paid extra for windshield and rear window as well as top. It took a week to get my new expensive ATV as the parts were ordered and installed a broken rear window and reordered. I am a retired educator and disabled Vietnam vet. I put 10 hours on my RZR and took it back to Rocky Mountain Supply for mandatory oil change to keep my 6-month warranty in place. This was over $100, they also wanted to charge over $100 to check to see if any parts were originally installed improperly and to insure their work was correct, what a ripoff.

I went back to my main home to find a recall in my mail. A month later I went back to Cloudcroft and took my RZR 16 miles and 4000' down to the dealership. As usual they were rude and indifferent, a few days later they called to say to pick it up as nothing was wrong. I should note the RZR does not come with front or rear tie downs so plan to spend $50 - $75 more to be able to properly haul your top of the line ATV in a trailer. I hauled the RZR to my main residence at the end of October, drove for under 10 hours when I got a recall letter with a DO NOT OPERATE notice in late March (same parts as declared safe by the dealer in Oct) then a second letter with more parts in early April.

I returned to Cloudcroft, NM in early May, and took the RZR to the dealer Rocky Mountain Supply, Alamogordo, NM. I complained about my expensive purchase. They placed all the blame on Polaris and took no responsibility, additionally there was no time on parts delivery. Two days later they said they had it fixed, so I hook up the trailer and when I arrive at the dealership, they said a couple of the recalled parts they installed were now on a new recall list. ATV's in NM must clear an inspection to show spark arrests and other fire place and the forest service issues a safety sticker.

I live at 8000' elevation and 100 yards from a huge national forest, and my wife and I do most of our ATV driving in that forest. Four years ago 115,000 acres burned and was within a mile of my home. This vehicle is unsafe, a fire hazard, with at least one death attributed to poor engineering and construction. I have purchased a $15,000 boat anchor. Polaris knew about this long ago, and it took a death, near certainty of lawsuits, and probable federal intervention to initiate a DO NOT DRIVE recall. My top of the line RZR again sits in the shop.

1/4 of my summer is over and no hope in sight. If they have lied and have produced an inferior product, I will most assuredly feel uneasy to drive into the forest, wondering if I will burn down the heritage of the forest and the property of those who live near it. IF I HAD IT TO DO OVER AGAIN I WOULD NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Do not let my experience become yours... Never buy a Polaris and warn anyone you know. Please do not become the next person writing a review like this one.

I bought a Polaris 900 trail and paid over $14,000 for it new. I received a stop ride recall on it that says it may catch fire and to call the dealer to get it fixed. Polaris offered ZERO compensation for my loss of use. In addition their customer service line was very unhelpful when I called to discuss my concerns. It has been over a month and the dealer still does not have any parts to fix it. They tell me they do not know when the parts will be here, but I cannot ride it in the meantime. This is my 5th Polaris product and probably my LAST.

Compare ATVs