1.66/5

329 Polaris ATVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

I bought my son a new Outlaw 110 last year. It has been in the shop 3 times!!! Broken chain and sprockets. Several weeks to get parts each time. Polaris has been no help. Piece of junk!!! Wish I would have read these reviews before I purchased a POLARIS!!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

RZR 900 EPS that was purchased from dealer when it had 4km on it and EVERY a-arm bushing, shock bushing and wheel bearing is shot after 2 years of ownership with 2600kms. Can't ride it. Also pro shaft has excessive play at both ends and axles click. I drive 5kms a day to and from coffee shop on dry trail that has a couple puddles that are a few inches deep. Engine always clacks hard when started if it sits too long. Previous machine was sportsman 570 that had piston always stuck at top dead center and was very difficult to get to turn over and start since it was bought from dealer brand new. Front axles always clicked. Quality is just not there. These machines are fun and very capable but they just don't last. Next machine is Kawi or Yamaha.

Get expert buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!! Four years ago we bought a Polaris Ranger 800 for our farm. In that time we have put 497 miles on it. Last Friday the engine blew and the machine is no good to us. We spent 10,000 dollars on this machine. All that money and we got less than 500 miles out of it. Polaris will do nothing to do the right thing and stand behind their product. We are out the 10,000 dollars and have no machine for our farm. Please. Don’t make the same mistake we did. Polaris has no integrity when it comes to their products.

Original review: June 12, 2019

My girlfriend and I bought 2 brand new 2019 Polaris 450 HO's May 13th, 2019. Hers had to go back into the shop after 4 hours to get a motor mount replaced as the engine was hitting the side of the frame. Then on June 9th I was travelling down an old fire road then onto a dirt road that cars travel on when all of a sudden the 4 wheeler stalled when I was going approx 50kph and I noticed a bunch of warning lights came on. Well the oil drain plug fell out & I lost all the oil & the motor was seized. Took it into the dealer & they submitted a warranty claim. The claim came back denied as they said there was marks on the skid plate & a rock must have come up and spun the oil plug loose & with vibration eventually fell all the way out.

You tell me how this is possible if the plug was torqued from the factory. My 4 wheeler has less than 300 kms on it and they are not willing to do anything for me. Now I am making payments for 5 years & will have no 4 wheeler as I cannot afford a new engine. I work at a heavy equipment dealership and we do everything possible to cover warranties & to make the customer happy. The reason they give is totally unacceptable and this ATV is meant to go off-road so of course there will be marks in the skid plate. I will be telling everyone I know not to buy a Polaris as they have no idea what customer support means.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have a 2016 Polaris ranger 570, I was checking my sxs out in my garage one day and started smelling plastic burn smell, I looked all around and could not find it, I started the ride up again and let it run for about 2 minutes, I smelled something burning, I cut the machine off again and looked at my fuses, after taking the fuse cover off the cover was melted and the eps relay and fuse was melted, thank god I didn’t leave my ride running and step away cause I would have lost more than just the sxs.

I was told by Polaris to take it to the nearest shop and they were sorry for the safety Issue, I took the sxs to A local shop and it was sitting there for 2 months and then I get told that Polaris would not cover this defect, I told them I should have just let it burn down and they would have had to cover more than just a wiring issue with a defect part on the EPS, the Polaris shop told me that Polaris would give me $250 for parts.. I want my ride fixed not a measly $250 and Polaris walked away like it’s not a big deal! I will be taking this up higher and I will NEVER abut another Polaris ride!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: May 19, 2019

Never owned a Polaris before but thought I'd give one a try. Bought a brand new Sportsman 450 and was first thrilled. However on a hunting trip with only 7 hours on the engine the gear shifter broke. My friends and I had to patch the thing together so I could at least continue for the remainder of the trip. Had the shifter repaired and 10 hours of engine time later it broke again. This time the dealer found that the connection between the gear shifter handle and shift bar was manufactured incorrectly. The dealer spoke with Polaris and they told them to bend the connection to the correct location. Really? Now I own a brand new Sportsman with a cheap fix and I can only hope it holds. Pretty disappointed with my purchase.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had a 2015 Polaris Sportsman ETX with 950 miles. It had an unacceptable list of issues during the time I owned it. These issues included a fuel pump assembly, two voltage regulators, water leak in the belt housing, battery, winch wiring shorting on the frame, and the water pump shaft oil seal failed and was dripping out of the weep-hole. The water pump shaft oil seal failing in less than 1000 miles absolutely infuriated me the most. On top of all of these issues, in less than 1000 miles, the rear drivetrain is sloppy and makes clunking sounds. I am told this is normal... I will never purchase another Polaris product because the build quality is poor. I was worried every single time I rode it.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Purchased E bike 504. I purchased an e bike from Polaris assuming buying a 3k bicycle from a reputable company. I had a problem with bike and company has abandoned any help on fixing it. The company does not standby its products. BE AWARE AND STAY AWAY.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have a Polaris Ranger 2x4. Bought it brand new from the dealer. The camshaft has worn out after only 483 hours. Polaris put cheap non-hardened cams in the engine. They know this but refuse to repair or even send the parts for free to my dealer. I would pay the labor. Might cost them a whole 50.00 dollars. I have had 2 - 2x4 Trail Boss ATV's and 1 - 4x4 Trail Boss. Plus this ranger. I sold all the ATV's and will sell this Ranger as soon as I get it running. I am 67 years old. Never ride sand dunes or trails. Only use these on our farm to get from point A to point B. I will never buy another Polaris.

They are junk. They use cheap parts on all of them. I guess it's becuase they can't afford quality materials. There CEO "Scott Wines" is worth 43 million. Maybe thats why they can't afford better Units. Maybe it's time to get rid of him and get someone in there that cares. STAY AWAY FROM POLARIS. Read these reviews.

They all say about the same thing. Polaris is JUNK.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have a 2010 Polaris RZR 800. When I bought the machine it had 2500 km and nothing but the brake lines had to be changed. As soon as we got back from our first trip problems started appearing: broken hub, shot bushings (all of them), snapped belt, shot ball joints, spongy shocks, rusted throttle cable (which almost killed me because got stuck at 4500 rpm on a sharp turn), and shot brake pads. Not to mention the machine had LOTS of rust considering it’s a 2010 and also has REALLY poor quality on most parts. There are also many more little things about the machine that keep going wrong.

Polaris ATV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Polaris has been manufacturing recreational vehicles since 1954 and is known for its off-road innovation. Its extensive line of ATVs includes youth, utility and sport performance machines, designed to cover difficult terrain on the job or for recreation.

• Ranger series: Polaris’s Ranger series has multiple models of side-by-side utility ATVs. Riders can choose from a two-seat, full-size or Crew model. All models are built for rough terrain, farming and hunting. Ranger models can transport up to six people, carry up to 1,750 pounds and have engines ranging from 22-80 horsepower. Consumers can go online and look at the numerous models and features for each one. Pricing for the Ranger series is $8,999-$22,999.

• General series: Polaris built the General series as an all-around utility ATV that can handle any terrain on trails or a work site. Consumers can choose from multiple models in the premium, deluxe and four-seat classes of General ATVs. All models in the General series have 100 horsepower engines and can carry up to 1,100 pounds except the four-seat model which can carry up to 1,280 pounds. Consumers can check online for a full list of features and specs on each General model. Prices range from $16,299-$20,999.

• Sportsman series: Polaris has four classes of Sportsman ATVs: Recreation/Utility, Sport/Utility, Two-person/Utility and Mud and Sport. Each class has multiple models with differing features of general ATV use. Engine sizes range from 33-89 horsepower and payload capacities range from 290-575 pounds. The Mud and Sport designs all feature heavy-duty mud tires while the two-person design has a seat behind the driver's seat. Prices in the Sportsman series range from $5,999-$12,999.

• RZR series: RZR is a series of sport performance, side-by-side ATVs enhanced by over 200 Polaris-made accessories. There are five classes of RZR ATVs: Trail, Sport, Extreme, four-seat and Special Edition. Consumers can go online to look at details, features and specs for all RZR models. The RZR series price range is $10,299-$27,499.

• Polaris Ace series: Polaris Ace is a line of off-road ATVs with a single, centered seat like a cockpit. It is meant to have the comfort of a side-by-side and the handling of an open-seat ATV. The Ace series has four models: the Ace 500, 570, 570 SP and 900 XC. Each model comes with Polaris-designed accessories and upgrades. The Ace series sells for $6,999-$12,999.

• Best for: consumers looking for many options in every type of ATV.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs