2. Automotive

Polaris ATVs

Polaris ATVs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Polaris ATVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Polaris ATV?

Original review: April 27, 2021

Bought this 2019 rzr 900s new. Took it home second time out and still breaking it in check engine light comes on. Take it back to the dealer 2 hours away. They say my belt is burn. Not happy but I believe them. Buy a new belt. Take it home second ride again lost power. Speedo quit working and power steel light came on. Take it back to the dealer. They tell me I’m hitting the break and gas at the same time. I drive with one foot not 2. All they did was reset code. And when it happen I was on the throttle. Get it back home, take it out right away and guess what lost power, no speedo and power steering light on again. I call right away and tell them what happened. They tell me to take a video of it doing it. I can drive and video at the same time. There's a faulty sensor somewhere. They blame the owner right away. And gets very frustrating when they jump on you and it's your fault when you did nothing wrong.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My machine has 1300 miles on it and the rear upper A-frame mounting holes in the frame are egged out and rear wheels are leaning in. This makes the machine wonder around while riding and tires wear uneven. Wish I had bought a Can Am Outlander or a Suzuki King Quad not this overpriced pile of crap!

Get buying tips about ATVs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I bought a 2021 Polaris rzr xp1000 just a few months back. My machine broke down with 4.5 miles on it with the check engine light and the power steering light on ....Took it to the dealer and they reset my computer/ speed sensor. Brought it home ....Went riding ....It broke down again....Same thing check engine light and power steering light. I took it back to the dealer. They replaced my speed sensor. Brought it home....Went riding and less than 100 miles ....same thing....Check engine light and power steering light is back on.... Every time these lights come on I lose all throttle. I was on a steep hill climb this last time and almost wrecked cause of losing power!! This machine is dangerous and should be recalled or polaris should buy it back.... Ill never buy another polaris again!!!

Original review: March 20, 2021

So I have a 2003 Polaris scrambler which has few too many issues although I just wanted the cv and boot replaced. After waiting one week I called. They told me what was wrong. I said, "Ok let's fix it." The service department told me right there on the phone they are not working on it as they don't want a piece of junk in the shop ...and "don't want to open that can of worms." I explained I would like it fixed as I would be paying top rate 150$ a hour for their services ...They told me to take it to a backyard mechanic ...like are you kidding me? I've never heard of a mechanic shop tell me they won't work on my equipment. Extremely disappointed....Spring is here. I need this fixed and thought if anyone could fix it Polaris could.

Unfortunately a backyard mechanic sounds good about now as they don't want to do nothing but overpriced oil changes ....and the service desk guy was terribly rude. I'm going in tomorrow to have to pick up the quad now and pay 225. I knew what was wrong. I just wanted it fixed and I told them what I wanted before I dropped it off. They said, "Bring it up. That's what we're here for..." Well polaris maybe you have less than backyard mechanics in your shop if you disagree fix my quad and prove it ...Very disappointed. Have to find someone else to fix it and accept the hundreds of dollars I will spend. Thanks for listening????

Original review: March 1, 2021

This is a complaint that I ordered a part through Polaris at Rocky mountain atv. The part was boxed wrong had no part number on the box. I ordered a rocker panel for passenger side. They delivered a driver's side but would not exchange it. For me that is the worse customer service I have ever received. They should not be a polaris parts distributor and really need to look at their business practices. I have never recieved such bad service. I will not be buying polaris in the future. I can not believe how many bad reviews are posted about them. It seems like they do not care. I am 60 years old and always thought polaris was great quality but have started to change my mind. I am sure this will get no attention like all the other reviews.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I drive this 2017 ranger easy, no abuse, I am 63 yrs. old. Under 200 hours, had to replace a starter, 500.00 dollars, it has a known Polaris defect built into it. Now a boot came off of the front of the driveshaft and the joint is clicking. These things are engineered to break and to make Polaris customers break in the process. By virtue of how Polaris builds things they make their customers the enemy?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I bought a Ranger 1000 brand new (2020) and a month later put over 500 dollars for a drive belt and an axle. Of course warranty wouldn't cover it because they said they are wearable parts. I understand that but a month after I bought it? At least back up your product. DO NOT BUY POLARIS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE YOUR BACK. COMPLETE JUNK.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I purchased a new 2020 Sportsman 450 on Aug 24, 2020 for my son and it has been an absolute nightmare. Has spent the last 4 months at the dealership under repair. Constant stalling, new wire harness, new clutch, belt, plugs, gas, and now they are rebuilding the engine? ATV has less than 500 easy miles and is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. Polaris Corporate Warranty department is a joke. Mitch has used and manipulated the Covid-19 crisis as an excuse to for selling me a Lemon. Today is Christmas Eve, I bought my son all new riding gear and he will be standing outside with nothing to ride. For 4 months they have been trying to fix this quad while we just sit here with nothing to ride. Here's advantage? Another joke...

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Purchased a 2020 Polaris ranger 1000 highlighter on 3/3/2020 this year. Took the bike home and put it strait in the garage. Went out 3 days later to ride it and no start. Found it was missing tons of bolts winch didn’t work headlights were not plugged in etc. no big deal I fixed all these issues. Had the machine out 5 min and both front axels snapped as soon as I tried the 4x4. Had that fixed back at dealer. Got the machine back and again same issue axels broke as soon as 4x4 was engaged back to dealer. It had 2 hours on the bike and they said it also needs new wheel bearings. How is this it’s a brand new bike? Got it back had it for about 2 weeks and took it in for its first service at 20 hours. Also had recall fixed at same time cost me $250.

Left the dealer took the bike or next morning put 2 hours on the bike and motor locked up. Took back to dealer where bike sit for a month and a half before a new motor was installed. Got the bike back out 10 hours on new motor and back in the shop come to find out timing chain came apart and blew a hole in the crank case. Has been at the dealer for 2 months now parts on backorder. Called me on Friday said we rebuilt your motor but bike has more issues so we need to replace the complete motor again. Needless to say it’s still at dealer waiting for a new motor to come in. Bike has been in the shop for 5 of the 7 months I have owned it. No help from Polaris. They state you can trade it in but you will be upside down. Don’t deal with Polaris. Stay clear.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Updated on 08/05/2020: Is now 8 days later and they now tell me it could be 3-5 days or a couple of months. Called Polaris Customer Service, no help whatsoever. Brand new $15000 machine and have to use a wheelbarrow to clean up after this hurricane that just went through. Won't entertain a loaner or replacement vehicle. As soon as it's fixed, it's out of here. Was a manager for multi franchised car dealership for 21 years and know I deserve a lot better customer service. DO NOT BUY POLARIS!

Original review: Purchased 2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Crew in April (3 months ago), currently have 50 miles on it and it simply died while riding (3-4 mph) around my back yard. Called dealership (Lejeune Motorsports, Jacksonville, NC), service department sent someone out immediately to retrieve the vehicle. Upon inspection, determined fuel pump had come apart and ceramic on spark plugs were cracked. They informed me that Polaris says has never happened before and am currently awaiting (3-5 days) for a new fuel pump to be received at dealership. Highly recommend Lejeune Motorsports, couldn't ask for better service, but have to question the reliability of this vehicle.

Polaris ATV author review by ConsumerAffairs

Polaris has been manufacturing recreational vehicles since 1954 and is known for its off-road innovation. Its extensive line of ATVs includes youth, utility and sport performance machines, designed to cover difficult terrain on the job or for recreation.

• Ranger series: Polaris’s Ranger series has multiple models of side-by-side utility ATVs. Riders can choose from a two-seat, full-size or Crew model. All models are built for rough terrain, farming and hunting. Ranger models can transport up to six people, carry up to 1,750 pounds and have engines ranging from 22-80 horsepower. Consumers can go online and look at the numerous models and features for each one. Pricing for the Ranger series is $8,999-$22,999.

• General series: Polaris built the General series as an all-around utility ATV that can handle any terrain on trails or a work site. Consumers can choose from multiple models in the premium, deluxe and four-seat classes of General ATVs. All models in the General series have 100 horsepower engines and can carry up to 1,100 pounds except the four-seat model which can carry up to 1,280 pounds. Consumers can check online for a full list of features and specs on each General model. Prices range from $16,299-$20,999.

• Sportsman series: Polaris has four classes of Sportsman ATVs: Recreation/Utility, Sport/Utility, Two-person/Utility and Mud and Sport. Each class has multiple models with differing features of general ATV use. Engine sizes range from 33-89 horsepower and payload capacities range from 290-575 pounds. The Mud and Sport designs all feature heavy-duty mud tires while the two-person design has a seat behind the driver's seat. Prices in the Sportsman series range from $5,999-$12,999.

• RZR series: RZR is a series of sport performance, side-by-side ATVs enhanced by over 200 Polaris-made accessories. There are five classes of RZR ATVs: Trail, Sport, Extreme, four-seat and Special Edition. Consumers can go online to look at details, features and specs for all RZR models. The RZR series price range is $10,299-$27,499.

• Polaris Ace series: Polaris Ace is a line of off-road ATVs with a single, centered seat like a cockpit. It is meant to have the comfort of a side-by-side and the handling of an open-seat ATV. The Ace series has four models: the Ace 500, 570, 570 SP and 900 XC. Each model comes with Polaris-designed accessories and upgrades. The Ace series sells for $6,999-$12,999.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team