3.51/5

459 Dick's Sporting Goods Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

Painstaking help to review and try different cleats. We tried many different cleats and many different variety of cleats. The Representative in Nashua store, patiently helped us with Enthusiasm. Thanks John.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought the Adidas belt last Christmas and I really like it. The employees at the store was awesome. When I went into the store I was very happy. Because they have good basketball shorts. And all the merchandise is expensive. The Adidas belt was awesome. I like expensive stuff better than cheaper stuff. If you don't like Walmart stuff then you are stuck here.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

A commentary followed by an endorsement. I was never really a fan of Dick's Sporting Goods because more often than not they were the only horse in town and basically options were few due to the lack of competition where we live(d). However, in light of recent events I must say that I am slowly coming around to them as a source for future options. Backstory. Almost a year ago we bought my wife (stroke victim) a stepper with the hopes that it would help in the progress of her continued recovery. Try as she might, it just became too difficult. She called Dick's, explained her story, and that she was looking for a treadmill. Dick's said they would gladly take back the stepper (at full price) and swap it with a treadmill. Yesterday her new Nautilus treadmill arrived. So, thank you Dick's Sporting Goods for doing what you did for my wife. I am grateful and heartily endorse this generous offering.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I recently purchased an item for my son online for approximately $140. I paid via PayPal and was to receive the item Monday. Today is Friday. Upon checking the shipping status I noticed that the shipment said it was delivered, but I never received the package. I then called UPS who said they delivered the package to a different address and had me look for the package. It was never found. They said they weren't at fault because the shipping address on the package was incorrect. I checked my email and the shipping address was indeed incorrect. I contacted Dick's customer support Tuesday and explained the situation to them and they had another package sent out to me to the correct address and I received it today. I am very satisfied with my experience with Dick's. UPS is another story.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I purchased a hydro flask and a sports cap from Dick's Sporting Goods 2 weeks ago. There is no store within a 100 miles so I had to purchase them online. The cap and the bottle came at different times and in 2 separate packages. The small plastic cap came in a nice cardboard box but the more expensive hydro flask came wrapped in a mailing wrapper with no bubble wrap. Needless to say the new bottle had 2 dents in it. I even had photos to show if they wanted to see them. When I called to explain, customer service said I could send it back for a refund less $8 shipping. I said, "Do I have to pay for returning an unused damaged item?" and they said YES.

I purchase many things online from other companies and have never had a problem with return of damaged goods. Most companies are more than willing to help their customers. Needless to say I will not be doing business with Dick's Sporting Goods again and will tell any of my friends who ask about their poor customer service. It is the worst I have encountered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: July 6, 2019

I tried to buy some shoes from Dick's Sporting Goods online and they cancelled my order 2 days after saying it's not in stock? How can that happen? If it's online and it says it's in stock. IT SHOULD BE IN STOCK. This place needs to get their online website together. I'm gonna have to buy shoes elsewhere.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Delivered on 6/11. Paid for "room of choice delivery and assembly". Got a call from the freight company the day of delivery, asking if I had someone to help me unload "because it is 300 lbs and I am alone." I explained that the service I paid for was full service. He was very nice and explained that he is only a freight company and I needed to talk to Dick's about the assembly. He said they don’t contract with Dick's, they are a freight delivery service only. I immediately contacted customer service. First by chat, then a phone call. They assured me someone would be assembling the elliptical within 24 hours and someone would call me. I am still waiting. Numerous chats and calls and everyone there says someone will call me in 24-48 hours.

One chat they told me they were coming on 6/20 today. I called early to get a time frame and was told that "We are a basic delivery." and they are not assembling. WHAT??? $370 for the service and they didn't even know it was already delivered, and it clearly shows on my invoice that it is assembly and delivery for room of choice. I don't think the chat people even work for Dick's. They just tell you whatever they can to diffuse you. Today I was told twice that someone would be calling me -- it is now 8 pm and I have hit every message site I could. I have been told that my case is escalated 9 days ago and still no call. But I have a huge box and elliptical in my garage! There are great companies out there -- consider those first.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I purchased Bauer's street hockey goalie set for my son. He was so excited to open the package only to find they had sent us used pads! They were discolored, had multiple holes in them, and had clearly been worn for a while. The box it came in looked like it had been kicked around by Jim Carrey like the beginning of Ace Ventura and the tape was all messed up. How does this happen? It's incredible to me they literally boxed up someone's used/worn equipment (maybe a sly employee swapped it out and kept new pads?). They must have zero quality control. Customer service told me to use UPS label provided and send it back. What a joke.

Original review: May 13, 2019

After ordering a custom basketball hoop for my 8 year old, I had nothing but problems from Dick's as well as FedEx. When Dick's shipped the hoop, it was apparently sent out with multiple product barcodes on it. It made it to Conklin, NY via FedEx. (Approx. an hour from my home.) It made it through several other scanned checkpoints, but once here they determined they could not verify the product or recipient due to the multiple barcodes. They then returned it to Dick's, who says that once it is returned to the sender it cannot be reshipped. That is the most ridiculous policy I have ever heard of. So now my 8 year old is 3 weeks past his birthday, without his gift and it has been sent back to sit in a warehouse somewhere and they will not reship it?!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I recently tried to purchase a Gamo Big Cat Maxxim Pellet Rifle for a Birthday Gift The Gamo 1400 Maxxim. Showed up as $149.99 instead of $219 on their site. But every time I try to pay it changes to $179.99... I did 2 live chats with their reps and was told to email them a screenshots of lower price... So I did. I then get a message from them asking for my order number. I kindly explained to them AGAIN that I hadn't ordered, but was trying to and that I could get the rifle elsewhere for $150, but that I liked their service and that's why I was going thru this hassle. 3 days now and STILL no response. I will now have to order elsewhere and sadly won't get the rifle to the birthday recipient onetime... THANKS FOR NOTHING DICKS SPORTING GOODS... IN THE FUTURE, I'll just go elsewhere first.

Original review: May 7, 2019

If you live in the Grand Rapids MI area and buy a basketball hoop from Dick's Sporting Goods plan on a month or two for installation. I have been in contact with Select Logistics, their installer for the last month, first by e-mail and now by phone, I talked to a couple of different managers and they still cannot give me even an idea of time, at this point I do not know if it is going to a month or two yet. It is May 7, they could have been doing this work for a month now.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I called Dick's Sporting Goods 877 number. About lumber Jack pellets. They said they do price match Royal king so I ordered 6 bags of lumberjack pellets. The lady on the phone said she found the Royal kings website but she could not find lumberjack pellets. Which is crap. So I go to the website order 6 bags online hit the Chat button look Kwan whoever was on the other end said they do not match Royal king prices. So I call the 877 number again the gentleman all the other and ally was very helpful had no water as it has come time to pay me he puts you on hold comes back and says we do not match Royal king prices because customers are complaining that the bags they are getting are not truly 20lb. Which is total crap. Just another liberal move by Dick's Sporting Goods. Royal king was selling lumber Jack pellets for 899. Dicks sporting goods was selling it for 1499. They did not want to price match

Original review: May 3, 2019

Have only 30 minutes to modify or cancel an order. What a joke. Save yourself. Run from this store. The customer service person was sweet. The online cancel policy is not conducive to me being interested in considering product, price or availability from this establishment.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have ordered 2 times online. The first time it took approximately 2 weeks for the same item I received in about 4 days from Bass Pro Shop. I returned the item to the store for a refund. This time I ordered a fishing rod. Got a ship notification and for 2 days UPS only have preshipment info. Since then I’ve ordered the same item from another store and will receive in two days. Dick’s sporting 3 weeks and counting, Bass Pro 4 days. Not to mention Dick’s shipping point is much closer. They will never get any more of my money.

Original review: April 17, 2019

It's ridiculous that you promise shipping dates and do not deliver. A quick Google search shows that this happens often. No wonder your company is struggling. You need to under promise and over deliver. You need to work with new/better partners to compete with Amazon. Also please remove estimated totals. It seems completely illegal that I'm charged MORE than I promised to pay after I have already purchased an item. You need to be looked into by the BBB. I'm very disappointed in your company. And only offering me $5 for your mistake is completely ludicrous.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Ordered Ugly Stick Tiger fishing rod that indicated estimated delivery of 4/16. Spoke with Dick' and told that would be the latest delivery. Signed up for product delivery notifications. Was notified 4/9 that product ready for shipping. Never received any further updates until I manually tracked using the link Dick's gave me at which I was notified my order was complete, in spite of the fact I never received then rod. Called CS and told the item never shipped. Told me it was UPS or the manufacturers fault for not shipping the item and there was nothing they could do about it.

They said would refund my money when I cancelled which I did. But said it would 7 days to refund my money. Why they can take my money immediately but not give it back immediately when they fail to deliver is outrageous. Plus their system of delivery is pathetically poor. Do yourself a favor and other customers as well. Stop buying from Dick's so they will get the message that poor online purchasing service will hurt their pocket books which is the only thing companies ever understand!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I was in Dick’s Sporting Goods at Fashion Square this morning and 2 lights were flicking and an employee told me she knew they can cause seizures. They have been doing that for 2 days. I asked her to notify manager and take action to turn the 2 lights off. They were still flickering when we left. They did have 80 or so that did work...

Original review: March 10, 2019

So, Dicks Sporting Goods is a place to go for everything you need for your Sporting good needs right. This big box store that screams, "Outdoors!" Well, when it comes to Bikes and Bike parts, you may find that the inventory is slim to non existent. As I waited for Customer service from one of the two employees working, one was replacing a complete Bike because the Customer said the first one was a lemon. The other employee just avoided the counter all together. After waiting for what seemed like forever.

The one employee had to tell the other one to help me. So asking for a common replacement part, I was told that the part would need to be ordered. Then I asked for a common repair tool, again was told, "If it's not on the 8 foot by 4 foot display, we don't carry it and would need to be ordered." What was I thinking, why would this big box store carry anything I would need to maintain my bike. I will never get that time back and I will never go back for any of my Sporting good needs ever again. What a joke!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I purchased a kayak in the Huntington, NY store last night. It was the wrong kayak and my husband wanted to return and purchase the correct one. We called the Huntington and Commack store to make sure it was ok to return to Commack and were told it was ok. My husband went to the store with the receipt and Ken the manager of Commack would not return the kayak saying it was not the item. We asked him to call the manager of the Huntington store and he would not even extend the courtesy to call to figure out the issues. He had terrible customer service for a manager of a store. We will never give this location our business ever again. Ken- manager of Commack store - is horrible with customer relations and did not uphold to the standards of a store manager.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Because two children entering colleges, I had spent more than $2000 there. I am a one year new customer. I had a rewards $20 which Expired on 9/9/2018. The reward number is **. I had a shopping trip at Danvers MA and I spent $15.93 on 8/26/2018. But the cashier didn't help me to apply that partial rewards or didn't suggested me buying extra item to use that $20 rewards. I am the age not using computer that well. I had called 1-800 number customer service on phone and they refused to give me back $20. This is the sad experience that I had and I am a full-time mom for 20 years.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I purchased a treadmill from Dick's on 11/25/2018. It was delivered 12/10/2018 and no longer working 12/17/2018. I contacted the warranty company who sent out a repair person 01/09/2019. Uncertain of what was wrong with the treadmill, he several tests and could only presume it was the board or the console. Both of these parts are on backorder and Sole is uncertain when they will be in, additionally, they are uncertain if that’s the issue. The item is less than 60 days old. It is under the returnable guidelines. Dick's has told me it is my problem with Sole. I have spent $1000 on something that worked for two days and terrible customer service has left me to just deal with this issue on my own. I want to return the treadmill and receive one that works. Took my money, sold me a broken product and gave me the finger. I supported Dick's over the years. Forever done. Terrible service and runaround.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We received our table. The box was tore up and one of the stops on the bottom was broken off at the screw. Spoke to customer service. The first suggestion was take to the nearest store for a replacement. I explained just had hip replacement and am totally disabled. The next was they would email me a return slip for UPS to return. They would send another one after they received the one we got back. I also ask if they could just send the part to me and was told they were unable to do this. I explained if was able to take it to the store we would have went to the store to purchase not ordered online. Their customer service sucks and is a total jerk including the supervisors. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I bought a treadmill and it was to be delivered before Christmas. I was told their rip-off delivery service would call I stress "CALL" within 48 hours. Never received a call. I went online and seen they emailed me and delivery was set up without my knowledge. I kept getting this email. No phone call at all. I emailed back and said the date they stressed for delivery was when I would be out of town. I never got a reply and Christmas has been long and gone. I present for my wife that she never got. I present I never told her about. But now I will go to TV and say what a 'CROOKED" store that steals your money DICK'S is. I now know what DICK'S stands for. My Butt is sore and I am out of almost $ 700.00. Sales price was good but not the screwing. They should be CLOSED. There are enough complaints against the Rip-off yet nothing has been done. There is no such thing as consumer protection. Big Business rapes you of your money.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Extremely bad customer service. The manager of the store in Irving, Sherwin was very rude and I don't even know how is he even being appointed as a manager. He didn't care if I complain and very frequently asked me to just leave the store. First of all, he did not know how to do online returns and kept telling me to go to another store. I am never going to Dick's anymore and would not recommend to anyone. Actually, this is one good example of how one can tarnish the reputation of the company and create bad impressions on the customer.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Attempted to return some earmuffs I received from my mom at Christmas. She had been tied up caring for my Dad the last 2 or 3 years so was her first year to Christmas shop in a while. She had included receipts with all the gifts she got from there so returns would not be a problem. Returned them to Tupelo MS store on Sunday Dec 30 at about 4:45 pm. Young clerk only one on duty. I explained that I had a gift to return and the giver had included the receipt so they would know it was from there.

Clerk proceeds to process the return and then says she credited my mom's account. She says I can get the money back from my mom!!! The only reason I returned them to begin with was that my mom had given me some 4 or 5 years previously. All I wanted was a store credit to buy something else with. My son just got his leather jacket and we WERE always buying sports gear or hunting gear there. Not anymore. The money is not important, but not letting the giver know you are swapping something is paramount IMO.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Ordered hunting pants online from Dick's for Christmas gift for my son. Pants were on sale 50% off with good reviews so looked good. Days later received email that my order was canceled due to lack of inventory. Don't understand why their system wouldn't recognize when I ordered and left me to scramble for something else. Customer service said they would help me find a similar product and discount it by 20%. My original was 50% off and I get daily emails from Dick's for 20% or more off. Not satisfying response at all. When I replied with this no further reply from Dick's. I used to be a loyal customer but won't be back. Plenty of options out there.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

December 8th my husband ordered the kayak that after many years of waiting for one I had found the right one. Delivery December 27th. Ok no problem. I can wait an extra day from my birthday present. No delivery!!! Bull about quote weather delays. Dick's Sporting can’t find it. Shipping company just flat out lying. Refund coming. I will never shop online or in their stores ever again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

These boots arrived with an anti-theft tag. Their brilliant solution was for me to reorder - pay the money again, return the boots and THEN they would refund - o and they would give me a whopping 15% off. Save yourself the headache of talking to idiots - go through Amazon - they know how to be helpful. I would give this store a negative rating if I could.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I made purchase online, paid online and was told any returns could be made in store. Went to nearest DICK'S at Maspeth, NY (not close to my home). Was told all we needed was receipt. Once there, manager and all the other associates indicated they needed the actual card used. We did not have it with us, they would not even accept number with my ID plus their own receipt of purchase. They do earned their title, inconvenienced is, as we have to return today since tomorrow is deadline for return. Bunch of noncaring associates who don’t mind losing loyal customers over stupidities. This occurred on Dec 26, 2018 at approx 12:45 with dingbat manager in charge at this time. Never again will you see us in your store. I will review on every site.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2019

In all fairness, I wanted to post an update on my review from 12/26/2018 regarding Dick's Sporting Goods. I did end up writing a letter to Dick's about my experience and mailed it to their corporate headquarters. Yesterday I received an email from Customer Service indicating they received my letter and were looking for me to confirm my mailing address, as they wanted to send me a Dick's gift card in the amount that I paid for the boots.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Ordered a pair of boots for my step-son on 12/15, website guaranteed delivery by 12/24. Live chatted with Customer Service on 12/21 because the tracking was showing delivery 12/27, was assured the "tracking info was wrong". Had to rush out and purchase something else because the boots were a no-show. Still have not come yet. Called Customer Service this morning. Spoke to Evan, he can't help me because my order does not say "Guaranteed Delivery" on it.

Asked to speak to a supervisor, spoke to Jessica. She indicates that my order was NOT guaranteed even though the website clearly indicated GUARANTEED DELIVERY if you purchased by 12/18... because I didn't read the fine print. All promos were EXCLUDED from guaranteed delivery. So, according to Jessica, SHAME ON ME for falling into a scam. I will be sending a letter to corporate as well, and I will be returning the boots. I'll purchase them from a non-scammer. Thanks for teaching me a lesson Dick's!

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information