Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods

3.9/5 (96 ratings)

About Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dick's Sporting Goods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Me and my mom went to Dick's Sporting Goods with a huge problem with my bike. The chain was stuck so was gears and friction. An employee named Chris fixed my bike in about a minute and I asked what we owe him. He said don't worry about it, gave me my bike, and said have a nice day. I hope this guy gets a promotion or higher pay because he is skilled and friendly.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I generally go to Dick's when they are having the end of year winter sale or when I need a specialized sporting item. They always have nice clean stores and quick delivery if ordering online. I appreciate the quality of the store brand although I tend not to get the Dick's brand as often as some of my other favorites. Dick's is my number one go to for everything sporting and training.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

This is a terrific store. They really try and help the customer out with looking for inventory when it is not available in one store. They will even mail the item to your home if needed. The pricing is very reasonable, even sometimes cheaper than an outlet store. I have seen this with Under Armour and when I have compared pricing, Dick's was much cheaper.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Outstanding Customer service and excellent products! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for! The associates go above and beyond to meet the need(s) you may have. My personal experience was at the Pennsylvania Amish County Outlet Store, (Lancaster area?) the Nike shirts I was looking for had sold out and the sale was active and ongoing. The manager researched and located the shirts and shipped them to me at my home in Danville, Virginia. Now that's service... with an extra smile. I am committed to Nike for this kind act.

Original review: June 5, 2021

Staff said, "Hello. How can we help you today." They have a good selection of Adidas clothes which I like. I play tennis, they have a nice tennis section, so I go there often to pick up tennis supplies. Staff members would check to see if they could be of service-very nice. I had to return an item, staff was very helpful with positive interaction and outcome. Great place to shop for any and all sports items.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I ordered a gift card online from Dick's, almost a month before Christmas. They did not ship it till December 16th. It had been a week since the 16th so I called. I was told it would be 10 to 15 days for delivery. How was this company so unprepared for Christmas? Why does it take so long to deliver a gift card after it has been shipped? Why did they not warn patrons that an email gift card may be the way to go since they were having issues? Poor management decisions....

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE! I started a transaction that wasn’t able to be finished because of technical difficulties. But they took the money out of my account and didn’t give me a product. They’re now saying that the transaction doesn’t exist and they have no record of taking the funds out of my account. My bank has confirmed they took my money. They’re not trying to give me the money back or anything. And it’s Christmas time. I was trying to purchase Christmas gift for my mom! WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SHOP HERE. They don’t care about their customers AT ALL! They don’t care that they’re ruining people’s Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Bought a Sole treadmill and was having their "3rd party" (Select Express) to deliver and set up. Per Dick's computer screen they only deliver in my area on Wednesdays. Checked Dec and Jan. only Weds. Booked 12/8 and within 24 hours the date was moved to a MONDAY 12/13. I had rearranged my schedule for the 8th. Called Dick's and said no delivery on 12/8, I was coming in to get a credit and buy somewhere else. Called Select Express 3 times and they were useless in NY.

Dick's store Manager no help either. After the 3rd call got someone from SE in CO who said they were making it a priority to deliver on 12/8. Now have confirmation from Dick's for both the 8th and the 13th with no idea what day they're coming. All reviews on Select Express I read were terrible with them taking weeks to deliver and moving dates back further each week. Took a chance to get the wife a new unit after the Bow Flex crapped out with no help. Being in Sales for over 45 years this is the worst companies to deal with, Bow Flex, Dick's and Select Express. BUY FROM SOMEBODY ELSE....

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Ordered a pair of shoes with size 8 Wide. Received in time but no shoe box, 2 shoes tied together with zip tie. Even worse, one is size 9D, one is 9 Wide. And one shoe is missing insole. I’m speechless.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I ordered a Kayak from Dick's Sporting on July 28th. The Kayak was scheduled to be delivered on August 17th. The morning of the 17th Pilot Freight informed me that my kayak was "missorted". I called Pilot and Dick's that afternoon. Pilot didn't seem too concerned and Dick's did a check the box follow up, meaning they called Pilot and emailed them. At no time did Dick's logistics team get involved. I was even told on the 18th that is was put on a truck that didn't deliver to my area. Now I am being told no one can find a 12ft 6in kayak. All Dick's is willing to do is to continue to call Pilot or give me a credit to which I have to chase my credit card company to get the money back. In the end, Dick's and their system lost a $2,300, 12 ft 6in kayak and basically I am stuck in the 1-800-WHO-CARES system. All I hear is, "We are sorry". No escalation within Dicks or customer accommodation.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information