Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods

4.0/5 (682 ratings)

About Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dick's Sporting Goods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

If I were able to leave a 0 star I would. Was given a coupon from Temecula LL. The store would not honor. I asked for the manager, and spoke to her.. She did nothing to help. I have 3 kids that ALL play sports and we get these coupons all of the time so it's not like they are a rare event! Manager Gave me the run around.. I even reached out to their corporate chat line and was given the same POOR customer service. It's ok... Sporting goods sector is very competitive and there are plenty of options online. Just unfortunate that I can't help local business! Oh well... I tried.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I know exactly what shoes I want. However I cannot go to the back and get myself. Will buy on Amazon from now on. Keep your lousy service and grouchy employees and shoes. It is mid morning during the week with 7 customers and 6 employees visible in the store. One employee working. The rest with attitude. Do not disturb!!!

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Chat personnel were Rude and not helpful at all. Buy your sporting goods somewhere else or you may wind up regretting regarding it if you have to deal with their customer service on any level whether it's live chat or over the phone.

Original review: July 27, 2022

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE! Let me start by saying that this issue began on Sunday, July 10th - over two weeks ago. My partner and I went to Dick's to buy a treadmill and we couldn't find anyone to help us with buying it so we had to go to the front register. During the purchase, we arranged to have it delivered and were given a date of 7/18 - fine, no problem. We receive a call the same day that it could be delivered the next day 7/11 because they had a cancelation. We blocked a 4-hour window to be home and wait for the delivery (having to take time off of work). My partner got a call that it would be late and she was concerned because of the time - after 8pm at this point. During the call she established that the delivery company didn't even have the treadmill because the order on their list was for "assembly only". So, back to square one.

They rescheduled the delivery for Friday, July 17 between 10-2 - again, taking time away from work. At 1:50pm my partner called the driver and ("SELECT EXPRESS DELIVERY") he told her he'd be late (4-7pm). The previous day when this new window of time had been established, my partner was crystal clear about not being available after 2pm Sunday - we wouldn't be home. The driver suggested he could just leave it outside the door between 4-7pm. This was her breaking point. She called Dick's and told them to please refund her card because the delivery company cannot get the item delivered properly.

Now, this is the real kicker! They told her that her card would only be refunded when the treadmill was returned to the store! A treadmill we had never even seen - they were making HER responsible for it. She was flexible when they told her it would be 2-3 days before "SELECT EXPRESS DELIVERY" returned it. 4 days pass and she had to call the credit card company to cancel the payment. Leah, the store manager, still hasn't called her to confirm the treadmill was returned and it's been about a week now (not "2-3 days" as she promised). My partner also had to reach out to corporate who also didn't give a hoot or help with the matter. Thank goodness the credit card company could help!

Original review: July 26, 2022

On June 17th an order was placed. A month later it hadn't arrived. I contacted Dick's about it. Neither the order number or tracking number they gave me was valid. They claimed that FedEx SurePost had lost it. They offered to send a replacement. Again it never arrived. The tracking and order number were again dubious. They claim that FedEx lost it again. They say that they can't send it a third time so my only option is to get a refund. Maybe this will really happen. Now it's July 26th and I don't have the item. I wish that I had read the reviews here on Consumer Affairs. It's really surprising how many people are having are having a HORRIBLE experience with Dick's. I'll never shop there again.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Help - Is it abuse? What should I do to prevent it? I would not like to see this happening to any other children. In the morning of June 19, I took my son (9yr) and my daughter (13yr) to the store getting a bicycle for my son. We were so excited, and he was going to upgrade the kiddy bike to a big kid bike with brakes on handles. Since I did my research, I asked the Sales, Mike, to try the 20"Wheel bike for my son. Mike had my son on the seat and holding the front wheel with his two legs. He asked my son to step down on the bar. Their faces were around 10" apart. He said to my son "THIS IS TOO BIG FOR YOU!" With all the respect, I asked "Can we have him try it here, I think that it could be the right size. Or can he grow into it?" Mike, again, ignored me and said to my son directly, looking down to my son's face, "OH NO, THIS IS TOO BIG FOR YOU, YOU MAY DIE, OR YOU WILL GET HURT!"

I thought he must be joking for a second, although he was very serious. Instantly, my son got off the bike and said to me nervously "I don't need it, it's too big. I don't want a bigger bike anymore, I will get hurt!" I tried to be as calm as possible so that I don't scare my son anymore. I asked Mike "what would you recommend?" He pointed to the kiddy bike in the boxes to us. Right away, I said "Thank you for your help, we are done today." However, I realized that I had to speak up. I said "Sir, I respect what you do, however, you could never ever tell a child -You may die and get hurt!" There was another employee on the side the entire time. Then Mike, seemed to be offended deeply, raised his voice to me saying "My wife and I had two kids and they are all grown up, etc.... " He would not stop talking, and nothing was relevant at that point.

Both of my kids were upset with me. My son was really shaken at that point. I said to Mike while walking away "That is ok, Mike, that is ok..." trying to stop him from talking behind me louder and louder. By then, my kids thought that Mike was the expert, and my son could die if he used the bigger bike. Until we passed by the bike buying guide in the store. He run over to measure himself, than my kids were convinced, the 20"wheel that my son tried, was even almost too small for him (he is 9 yr). Now, my son refuses to buy another bike that fits his size, although he is too big for his old kiddy bike.

I understand that everyone makes mistakes. I didn't blame the business at all at the beginning. However, I demand any business to stop any employees that may potentially discourage or mentally abuse kids. As a mother, I couldn't stand that people like Mike could scare away another child from learning new activities. We all know how hard it is already to encourage our kids to learn something new like biking. I expect all businesses try their best to resolve issues like this. I am a business owner myself. However, we contacted the store, corporate office for answers. NO ONE FROM DICK'S SPORTING GOODS HAS RESPONDED! They simply recorded my experience and said they would get back to me. As of today, July 11th, they have NOT!! What would you do if you were in my experience? Thank you for your time.

Paige

Original review: June 27, 2022

I paid for a treadmill online and was given a 6/2/22 delivery date which did not happen. Then select shipping set up delivery for 6/21, and again did not show up. Re-schedule for 6/26 and I even got a dick's rep involved - jason at the cust service in CT and he contacted select and verified delivery date for 6/26 - but guess what??? The driver called me and said he is too busy to deliver to me on 6/26 so he would arrive 6/27 at 10. It is now after 10am and no sight of anyone delivering to me. Dick's Sporting Goods will take your money and you will get a big fat runaround on the delivery. You will be lucky to even receive your order. Run far and fast from these thieves.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I ordered a gift card online from Dick's, almost a month before Christmas. They did not ship it till December 16th. It had been a week since the 16th so I called. I was told it would be 10 to 15 days for delivery. How was this company so unprepared for Christmas? Why does it take so long to deliver a gift card after it has been shipped? Why did they not warn patrons that an email gift card may be the way to go since they were having issues? Poor management decisions....

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE! I started a transaction that wasn’t able to be finished because of technical difficulties. But they took the money out of my account and didn’t give me a product. They’re now saying that the transaction doesn’t exist and they have no record of taking the funds out of my account. My bank has confirmed they took my money. They’re not trying to give me the money back or anything. And it’s Christmas time. I was trying to purchase Christmas gift for my mom! WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SHOP HERE. They don’t care about their customers AT ALL! They don’t care that they’re ruining people’s Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Bought a Sole treadmill and was having their "3rd party" (Select Express) to deliver and set up. Per Dick's computer screen they only deliver in my area on Wednesdays. Checked Dec and Jan. only Weds. Booked 12/8 and within 24 hours the date was moved to a MONDAY 12/13. I had rearranged my schedule for the 8th. Called Dick's and said no delivery on 12/8, I was coming in to get a credit and buy somewhere else. Called Select Express 3 times and they were useless in NY.

Dick's store Manager no help either. After the 3rd call got someone from SE in CO who said they were making it a priority to deliver on 12/8. Now have confirmation from Dick's for both the 8th and the 13th with no idea what day they're coming. All reviews on Select Express I read were terrible with them taking weeks to deliver and moving dates back further each week. Took a chance to get the wife a new unit after the Bow Flex crapped out with no help. Being in Sales for over 45 years this is the worst companies to deal with, Bow Flex, Dick's and Select Express. BUY FROM SOMEBODY ELSE....

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information