1.15/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

440 Dick's Sporting Goods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We received our table. The box was tore up and one of the stops on the bottom was broken off at the screw. Spoke to customer service. The first suggestion was take to the nearest store for a replacement. I explained just had hip replacement and am totally disabled. The next was they would email me a return slip for UPS to return. They would send another one after they received the one we got back. I also ask if they could just send the part to me and was told they were unable to do this. I explained if was able to take it to the store we would have went to the store to purchase not ordered online. Their customer service sucks and is a total jerk including the supervisors. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I bought a treadmill and it was to be delivered before Christmas. I was told their rip-off delivery service would call I stress "CALL" within 48 hours. Never received a call. I went online and seen they emailed me and delivery was set up without my knowledge. I kept getting this email. No phone call at all. I emailed back and said the date they stressed for delivery was when I would be out of town. I never got a reply and Christmas has been long and gone. I present for my wife that she never got. I present I never told her about. But now I will go to TV and say what a 'CROOKED" store that steals your money DICK'S is. I now know what DICK'S stands for. My Butt is sore and I am out of almost $ 700.00. Sales price was good but not the screwing. They should be CLOSED. There are enough complaints against the Rip-off yet nothing has been done. There is no such thing as consumer protection. Big Business rapes you of your money.

Get expert buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Extremely bad customer service. The manager of the store in Irving, Sherwin was very rude and I don't even know how is he even being appointed as a manager. He didn't care if I complain and very frequently asked me to just leave the store. First of all, he did not know how to do online returns and kept telling me to go to another store. I am never going to Dick's anymore and would not recommend to anyone. Actually, this is one good example of how one can tarnish the reputation of the company and create bad impressions on the customer.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Attempted to return some earmuffs I received from my mom at Christmas. She had been tied up caring for my Dad the last 2 or 3 years so was her first year to Christmas shop in a while. She had included receipts with all the gifts she got from there so returns would not be a problem. Returned them to Tupelo MS store on Sunday Dec 30 at about 4:45 pm. Young clerk only one on duty. I explained that I had a gift to return and the giver had included the receipt so they would know it was from there.

Clerk proceeds to process the return and then says she credited my mom's account. She says I can get the money back from my mom!!! The only reason I returned them to begin with was that my mom had given me some 4 or 5 years previously. All I wanted was a store credit to buy something else with. My son just got his leather jacket and we WERE always buying sports gear or hunting gear there. Not anymore. The money is not important, but not letting the giver know you are swapping something is paramount IMO.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Ordered hunting pants online from Dick's for Christmas gift for my son. Pants were on sale 50% off with good reviews so looked good. Days later received email that my order was canceled due to lack of inventory. Don't understand why their system wouldn't recognize when I ordered and left me to scramble for something else. Customer service said they would help me find a similar product and discount it by 20%. My original was 50% off and I get daily emails from Dick's for 20% or more off. Not satisfying response at all. When I replied with this no further reply from Dick's. I used to be a loyal customer but won't be back. Plenty of options out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

December 8th my husband ordered the kayak that after many years of waiting for one I had found the right one. Delivery December 27th. Ok no problem. I can wait an extra day from my birthday present. No delivery!!! Bull about quote weather delays. Dick's Sporting can’t find it. Shipping company just flat out lying. Refund coming. I will never shop online or in their stores ever again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

These boots arrived with an anti-theft tag. Their brilliant solution was for me to reorder - pay the money again, return the boots and THEN they would refund - o and they would give me a whopping 15% off. Save yourself the headache of talking to idiots - go through Amazon - they know how to be helpful. I would give this store a negative rating if I could.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I made purchase online, paid online and was told any returns could be made in store. Went to nearest DICK'S at Maspeth, NY (not close to my home). Was told all we needed was receipt. Once there, manager and all the other associates indicated they needed the actual card used. We did not have it with us, they would not even accept number with my ID plus their own receipt of purchase. They do earned their title, inconvenienced is, as we have to return today since tomorrow is deadline for return. Bunch of noncaring associates who don’t mind losing loyal customers over stupidities. This occurred on Dec 26, 2018 at approx 12:45 with dingbat manager in charge at this time. Never again will you see us in your store. I will review on every site.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2019

In all fairness, I wanted to post an update on my review from 12/26/2018 regarding Dick's Sporting Goods. I did end up writing a letter to Dick's about my experience and mailed it to their corporate headquarters. Yesterday I received an email from Customer Service indicating they received my letter and were looking for me to confirm my mailing address, as they wanted to send me a Dick's gift card in the amount that I paid for the boots.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Ordered a pair of boots for my step-son on 12/15, website guaranteed delivery by 12/24. Live chatted with Customer Service on 12/21 because the tracking was showing delivery 12/27, was assured the "tracking info was wrong". Had to rush out and purchase something else because the boots were a no-show. Still have not come yet. Called Customer Service this morning. Spoke to Evan, he can't help me because my order does not say "Guaranteed Delivery" on it.

Asked to speak to a supervisor, spoke to Jessica. She indicates that my order was NOT guaranteed even though the website clearly indicated GUARANTEED DELIVERY if you purchased by 12/18... because I didn't read the fine print. All promos were EXCLUDED from guaranteed delivery. So, according to Jessica, SHAME ON ME for falling into a scam. I will be sending a letter to corporate as well, and I will be returning the boots. I'll purchase them from a non-scammer. Thanks for teaching me a lesson Dick's!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Ordered items for our little boy's Christmas gift on December 12th with guaranteed delivery by December 19th. Without any notice, Dick's changed to a cheaper shipping option that won't deliver until January. Guess my little boy's Christmas will be pretty bleak because of Dick's! Don't waste your time or money on this ripoff Dick's company. Amazon is a much better option with better customer service and real shipping and delivery.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I called in and placed an order for Christmas gift for my son, I paid for expedited shipping, and was assured several times by the Customer Service Rep (more like Moran Rep) Nema ** that my son's Jersey would arrive by 12/24. On the 24th I called to check on my order and got the bad news that my order hadn't even shipped! I spoke to a Supervisory by the name of Fiona who tried to give some BS that the expedited shipping is not a guaranty? She graciously offered to refund the 24.99 expedited shipping fee. WOW how sweet of you! I demanded a discount for the horrible service and for ruining my son's Christmas. NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM DICK'S AGAIN!!! BEWARE. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR WORD. AND THIS IS NOT THE END. I will be writing a letter to corporate.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Ordered a Ravens coat for my son for Christmas in store on 12/19/18 and was told it would arrive before Christmas. Called 1-877-846-9997 the next day to be sure the Santa30 discount was applied and was told it was. I was checking the tracking of the coat today, only to find out it was canceled without any notification. Called customer service and spoke with, Joanna a supervisor, only to be told, "Sorry we did not have the inventory to ship!" Do not trust Dick's for any online ordering. Only buy in store unless you want to be disappointed. Now I am without a Christmas present.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered an item for Christmas only to find out days later that it was canceled because they did not have it in stock. Went back to order the same item in a smaller size. Next day it was once again canceled. They shouldn’t let you order if it’s not available. Must not be keeping track of inventory.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had been shopping for air guns (BB guns) as a Christmas gift for my grandsons. I found the identical guns at Dick's, Amazon and Cabelas but the decision to buy from Dick's was price and availability ($20.00 less than Cabelas). It was in stock at Cabelas and I could have gone to pick it up that day but I wanted to save some money. It was even less expensive through Amazon but Amazon said it wouldn't be delivered until December 27th (go figure, Amazon got it right). I placed the order online with Dick's and on that order page from it stated it would be received December 19th to the 21st (Great. I'm saving money and will get it before Christmas).

The following day I received confirmation that my order had shipped from New York on the 18th then from Illinois at 5 am on December 20th but the date scheduled to arrive to me was not till December 27th 6 days later than it stated on Dick's order page said it would. As anyone would have been I was upset but hey maybe it's just a glitch (nope). I tracked my order on the 22nd the day after it was originally scheduled to be here but was extremely frustrated to see it was still sitting in Illinois.

I now believe in order to make a sale any sale Dick's will publish misleading information to get unknowing consumers like myself to buy from them instead of their much more transparent competitor's. Since Dick's purchased Joes (formerly GI Joes) many years ago I've watched Dick's quality and customer service decline and it is such a disappointment. I have spent my last dime with Dick's.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I made an order on Dec 12th for 2 items for Christmas. Shipping was for 2 days. I only received one item 3 days later. After not receiving the 2nd item I called on the 19th and they said the label for the item was printed in the warehouse but it must have been lost. Being the label was printed I couldn’t get a refund so they promised to overnight the same item. After 3 days I called Dick's again as the overnighted item never arrived.

First agent was extremely unprofessional. She answered the phone in a rude manner, you could hear employees in the background goofing off, she kept yawning, talking over me, and never apologized for my order being messed up TWICE. She said the second order was created but never “pushed” because IT never did their job so it was left in limbo. She said she could send me another pair of shoes overnight but it wouldn’t get there until Dec 27th... I asked to have my money refunded but she couldn’t do that because of the incorrect status in the computer. I asked to speak to supervisor.

Once connected to the supervisor she wasn’t able to do anything as well but additionally she didn’t even have the power to refund my money due to needing an override in the system so I have to wait until the credit department initiates the refund. I was blown away. Dick's has been around for too long to have a less than par shipping/receiving/customer service department. I’m going to return every item I purchased for Christmas at Dick's tonight. They lost a customer. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a pair of new boots (Timberland Pro). Dick's website stated free shipping and returns. Unfortunately the boots had a defect upon opening and I needed to return them. Called customer service first, 30 minute estimated wait time. Had to pay to return the boots. Fine print on website return section states return shipping costs not refunded. Stay away from Dick's Sporting Goods!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I ordered a treadmill on 11/23/18 online. On 11/27/18, I was emailed from Dick's that my order was on its way. Expect by 12/10/18 and there was a tracking number for shipper AIT. Which showed last track 12/2/18 shipment in transit. By 12/14/18, I called Dick's which told me to call AIT and they will reach out to them too. AIT said it will take up to 3 days to find out what's up and they'll have to review video!!! (This was a warning sign). By 12/17/18 I contacted Dick's again, I need a resolution...refund or treadmill. They gave me a number to call Dick's service that would call AIT while I waited and get an answer.

All I ended up getting was they can't refund or send out another treadmill as to the original treadmill is still showing in transit! Dick's said AIT will contact me by day's end 12/18/18. Needless to say, I was back in contact with Dick's at 6pm on 12/18/18 and their answer was a $20 off coupon code and give AIT 12-48 hours (more!??) To give an answer. I am putting a case in with my credit card company. I will never give any business to Dick's again!!! Customer service is not happening here.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Ordered online a heavy punching bag and stand. Only one piece arrived, the stand. Called Dick's and they said they messed up and would send the bag out right away. This is my son's Christmas present. Received two separate tracking numbers going to the wrong address. When I contacted FedEx they said both tracking numbers were bogus and they had nothing from Dick's. Then we called Dick's. Their customer service rep Sara was apprised of the situation and she said if we did not pay for expedited shipping then there was nothing she could do. When we explained to Sara it was a dual shipment and she needed to straighten it out she laughed at me and when I asked for her last name and badge number to talk to her supervisor. She said she was the supervisor so I informed her I was now recording her and her laughing and she hung up on me. I will never shop at Dick's again and recommend you do the same.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Bought new golf clubs at store. Good experience, ordered the fairway woods online. 25 percent discount. NOT applied. 10 percent discount for signing up for email. NOT applied. Free shipping. Again, fee applied. Tried to cancel order, but can’t cancel after 30 minute window. But... it took 40 minutes to get an actual real person on the phone. No sooner then I was basically told tough luck, the funds were withdrawn from my account. Money is to be taken when product is shipped. And of course, my order has not been shipped. Very bad experience. Dick’s has lost my business for life. I will pay more someplace else before I spend another cent with this company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered personalized golf balls for a Christmas present on Dec 9th with a delivery date of December 19th. Received no notice on status of order but when I checked, found out the delivery date is now January 4, 2019. I called to cancel the order and was told that they only accept cancellations within 30 minutes of ordering a product. Otherwise, nope, no cancellation for any product. Can't find a way to expedite the order or to change shipping method to express delivery because there are "no buttons to push" for customer service. Just too bad you won't be able to give your gift for Christmas but you can try returning it after you receive it in January. I was told that I should remember that when ordering from them again. No problem, I will never shop at Dick's again. Dick, you just lost a good customer.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I will NEVER order online from Dick's again. They charged my credit card two extra times, claiming they put an additional hold for funds. This is ridiculous and insane. It’s a week before Christmas and I personally don’t have an extra $100.00 to just place on hold. I’ve never heard of this before. I’m completely unsatisfied with my whole experience.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I placed an order a few months ago to order pair of BLUE Crocs. With many calls and emails they sent a pair of crocs two different times. And they were green. I said forget it and now I gave them another try. I ordered some Yeti products and North Face products with the bonus of Dick's cash for each order. I placed the order weeks ago and still no Dick's Cash. Made a phone call and chatted online. I think I am no longer a customer of Dick's Sporting Goods! As I have not received my Dick's cash.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I've been waiting for a hat I ordered to find an email that it was cancelled due to an over abundance of orders. That is bad business and they lost any form of business from me in the future. I strongly recommend people go elsewhere for your outdoor needs. If a company is going to sell things online you the consumer should receive said item...

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I took my son to Dick's for his 14th Birthday to pick out a basketball goal. We ended up with the most expensive one on the floor with all the bells and whistles! We paid for goal and installation and over two months later still do not have goal. We have made several calls to the store speaking to two store managers and all they say is, "We'll refund you." Completely unacceptable. So buyer beware. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO PURCHASE. The Woodruff Rd Store in Greenville will not appreciate your business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Do not waste your time buying online. I ordered two Carhartt beanies. Everything went smooth, I got a tracking number and once I got an emailing alerting me it had been delivered, I checked my mail and come to find, my package was indeed not there. I then called right away, the lady I talked to refused to reship my order and instead I was told to go to my local USPS and UPS store to get information. There was none. I finally called back and got my reshipping set. I was told both Carhartt beanies were in stock.

I woke up to a confirmation email stating only one of the beanies was being processed. Following, I got a second email saying my other beanie was out of stock when I was told it was in stock. Of course I got a refund. Fast forward to almost two weeks later I finally got my reshipment and I was given the wrong color beanie. Do not waste your time with this company online. The people are rude over the phone and they clearly cannot get a simple order correct.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got a pair shoes for 70% off. They then canceled my order saying that they screwed up. They should honor the sale regardless of inventory. Or, offer a similar sale. I messaged customer service, and they basically said tough luck. Order # **. Willing to remove for fair resolution. Contact- **.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Outsourcing customer service or even tech support. They don't even hear the reason you're calling. They would rather tell you, "This is how much you owe - how are you going to pay?" Really? After being transferred 5 times I blew up. At that time they offered to transfer me to tech support I told them I would take care of it myself. Please stop outsourcing to other countries. Not a happy customer at all. I just want to cancel my account.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Keep in mind that I am new to hunting and have just moved to a new area. I went in looking to purchase a rifle for deer season and told them exactly what I wanted it for. They said the 30.06 was a great choice so I bought it. Found out 1 week later that the ammo for that weapon was illegal to hunt with. I then had to get a different hunting rifle. Next trip I tell them that I would like a buck permit. They ask what county and sell me a firearm permit. I get home and read the booklet they gave me and find out firearm season has been done in my county for 17 days already. I will not shop Dick's Sporting Goods ever again and I will tell everyone I know not to shop here as well! Very disappointing visit and this was at 2 different stores so I know it is happening at all of them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Ordered pants during Black Friday sale. 5 days later, after the sale was over, my money was refunded and pants were posted out of stock. I should have ordered from another store. I will never shop at Dick's again. That is unprofessional, as well as unfair to the customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I recently purchased online a smaller golf travel bag for my wife as a gift, priced at $49.99. I picked the bag up at the store, gave the clerk my Dick's email address for rewards tracking and left. My wife did not think it was smaller than her present bag and returned the purchase with all the tags (Dick's) attached. Since she did not have the "original receipt", only, the PYPL receipt showed the purchase from Dick's, they refunded a store credit of $33.00. Dick's will and is the loser on this transaction. Don't purchase your sport needs at this company. Not the money, just the principle. I could have bought at Amazon for the same price but was supporting them. No more. My money will be spent elsewhere.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information