Dick's Sporting Goods
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Dick's Sporting Goods

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 2, 2017

343 Dick's Sporting Goods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Ordered a shirt online for home delivery. Item arrived with incorrect size ordered. Tried to obtain correct item size but was told I needed to return to a store or I could send item back at my expense for refund. If I had ordered incorrect size I concur I should pay but the error was on their end. I ordered the correct size and receipt states correct size but item is incorrect. Will use my rights as a consumer and choose to conduct my business elsewhere. Dick's Sporting Goods is now on my "Do Not Shop at List".

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We ordered a Powercore Dual Bag & Stand online. It came in before the actual delivery date, which was nice. After we put it together, we found that an end stabilizer cap was missing. I called Dick's. To get that piece, we have to take it down and return it to get another one! Really? I don't think so. I will think twice before I order online again from Dick's!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Ordered online for store pick-up. Received email saying ready. Got to store and had 1 item out of 4 ready. The rest was cancelled because it wasn't in stock. Now a week later they refuse to refund the original charge but charged a second time for the 1 item they had in stock. I get the runaround about it and they play the pass the buck phone crap.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

If I could give them 0-star rating I would. When I bought my Fitbit at Dick's, the cashier convinced me to buy a warranty, which cost $34 for a $150 Fitbit. I should have known better than buy a warranty from this store. A year after, my Fitbit wasn't working so I went to the store hoping to get a replacement. Well, the guy at the store told me he couldn't give a new Fitbit, and that I'd have to call their customer service to file a claim. I called and filed a claim alright. That was 4 months ago, and with many many follow-up phone calls, I still haven't receive my gift card as promised. By far the most horrible warranty program. Do not buy warranty from this store.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I placed an order on Saturday September 2nd, for my daughter’s softball gear. On Sunday my order was canceled. I spent 20 min on hold, with a customer service rep who could not figure out who to transfer me to. They finally sent me to a man named James after about 45 minutes, who was a world of help. James told me that LP canceled my order because when the order was placed, the street name for the billing address wasn't capitalized. Which is stupid. James understood my frustration. I replaced the order, and it was immediately canceled again. This time I spent over an hour on the phone, I was told that LP didn't log the call correctly and there was no reason my order should have been canceled. Order was placed again with James on the phone (mind you, now it shows 3 charges on the credit card, from Dicks, and I only have one order that has not been canceled.)

I wake up this morning and have an email that my order is shipped (how awesome, I am beyond excited.) I open the email and realize, only half of my order has shipped, and none of it is what my daughter needs right now. So I do the online chat with customer support, who tells me the cleats, bat and slide shorts aren't being shipped because of inventory. What is the point in 1 day shipping when you don't get your order in time? The ONLY reason I placed the order for the THIRD time, is because James was a saving grace, but at this point, I am not sure even he can fix this. Worst experience of my life, and I worked in retail for years. Definitely never shopping here again, once this is taken care of, and James deserves a pay raise and a promotion, because he seems to be the only person holding the call center together, and that knows what he is doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

If I could I wouldnt even give one star to Dick's on 1604 and Culebra in SA TX. My sister ordered my twins sneakers online for store pickup and I specifically asked Daniel in footwear if it would be a problem if I picked them up because my sister was in the military. He said no as long as I had the email from her with the barcode. Well I arrive to the store and ask April asst. manager for help and she said no I couldnt pick em up. I explained to her the situation and what Daniel said and she said no I still couldnt pick em up.

Well my sister is in the military and can't pick em up. She still said no so I asked her for her manager and of course they are not available. I ask her for corporate number and she calls another coworker to the front and makes me wait til she closes the door and he's just staring at me while she's whispering something to him. I felt very belittled yet disappointed. I will not even pick up shoes and of course never buy anything from dick's again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

So I order a fishing rod from Dick's online, 7 days later I get the rod broken in half. Ok ** happens. Jump in the truck bring it back to UPS send it back to them. I call them and told them "Hey rod was broken in half. I sent it back. Can I have another one? Send back to me when you get the broken one." "No sir we can't do that." "Well I don't want the money. I want the rod." "Well sir you will have to buy a new one and wait for the money of the first one to be put back in your card."

Fine I order a new one. 3 days later get a email the rod was in my front door. I call my sister "Hey can you get the package from the front door." She calls me back "There is nothing outside." Ok get home and there was nothing anywhere. Call Dick's. Dick's said call UPS. UPS said call Dick's. Dick's said, "ok we will send a new one for you ok."

3 days later nothing. I call them and tell them I wanted a update on my delivery. "Ok sir that never went through. I will go ahead and reship one for you ok." 3 days later call them back. "Sir that order never went through I will go ahead and reship one for you." Well today was my 4th time calling them and hearing the same **. All I know is that they have $78.90 from the first one and $64.11 from the second one and I have nothing. What do I do now? Any help would be great. Thanks and ** Dick's I will never ever order or buy anything from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

The last several attempts at purchasing shoes at 2 different Dick's stores, the shoe sales people are hard to find. It seems like a bother to ask them for help. They seem like they HATE being there. They are slow to move. I'm not sure what the problem is! You are at WORK after all!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I bought Scentlok Scent Removal Field System from Field and Stream, at Dick’s Sporting Goods store and when it was delivered, the shampoo was busted and it ruined my soap also. When I called customer service they would not send me a return label to send it back and they wouldn't replace the item. They said I would have to bring it back to a store to get a refund or send me a return label to my email address so I could print it myself, and I explained to the manager that I do not have a computer and that I only use my phone for the internet. He didn't care and would not help me in any way, pretty rude if I say so myself. I also explained to him how much my brother and my son had spent the past couple weeks and the manager couldn't care less. The worst customer service I have ever had and will never go into another Dick’s Sporting Goods store again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I ordered a few things for the first time for my father's birthday present. Not only was the shipment delayed but I did not get my order. Called and I spoke to someone who "understood" my frustration and disappointment at the time (since the present was suppose to be given at the birthday party that weekend) and stated she processed my refund, and would have a manager call me next morning at the very latest. I did not get my refund processed and I did not get a call back next morning as promised.

Had to give them a call myself only to speak to a supervisor (Ray) who obviously doesn't know how to deal with customers and clearly has an attitude because she screamed right back at me when I raised my voice out of my frustration with this company. And FYI Not once did she apologize to me for all the inconvenience. Long story short, I will not be shopping with Dick's Sporting Goods... That was my first and last time. And I'm still waiting on my refund btw and was not offered anything for the inconvenience this has caused me due to their inability to do the job well and lack of customer service skills!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I ordered a golf club - Odyssey Putter Oworks #7 and was sent a ladies golf glove. I mean how incompetent can you possibly be to even send that item. They aren't even close to being the same item. Plus this isn't the first time this has happened to me with ordering items online from Dicks. Maybe I'm the incompetent one that continues to order from this website? The first time, I ordered basketball shoes for my daughter and it looked completely used. Isn't there a quality department that reviews orders before they go out?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I went to a store to find a small inexpensive attachment for my GoPro. They didn't have it in stock but said they could order it online. The lady at the store helped me locate the part and I made the order online. Since I needed the part for an upcoming trip, I paid an extra $25 on a $20 part to have it shipped overnight. I received an email confirmation of my order but it didn't show up. When I called customer service, I was told the part was in stock but only had 17 left. So why didn't they ship me the one I ordered? I asked them to cancel the order since they couldn't deliver the part but he said they can cancel it!! DON’T BUY ANYTHING AT DICK’S!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

When I bought my mountain bikes at Dick’s they messed up my order and made me drive 25 miles out of my way coz they don’t have a return policy on bikes because they forgot to hold the right side. And on the other bike kept changing gears on its own after the bike was left for left there when I bought it for the same issue at the Plano, TX shop. They never even looked at it. Had to drive another 30 miles for an exchange for the right frame and gear issue. NEVER BUY YOUR BIKES FROM HERE. Just go to a bike shop. Save you the hassle.

Original review: July 31, 2017

This review comes after trying to place a successful order and having the product delivered for 3 months. We need a custom football helmet for a high school in the Atlanta area. The order was originally placed back in May. Once placed we were asked to send the customization via email attachment to customer service. We were expecting delivery in June. As the due date approached we got an email from Dick's cancelling the order at the customer request. Since we didn't request the order be cancelled, we called customer service. We were told the cancellation was made because the product was not in stock. Of course that would not have been at our request so we waiting while the person investigated further. She said the product order was cancelled in error because she could see there were over 100 of the correct helmet in stock.

The order was placed again and we again submitted the artwork for customization. We were given an incident number to use in case we needed to call again. In less than a week, we received another email saying the order was cancelled. Another investigation was done, another incident was reported and we had to place another order. The new order was to be ready by July. Football practice had now started and our student had no helmet to practice in. These cancellations and orders continued twice more. We were given another incident number on one call and that was joined to the original incident number. There are at least 6 names attached to the incident now and many supervisors involved that never got on the call, but were part of this fiasco.

We were told there was a technical "glitch" in the system showing the product out of stock in error. We were also told that we received a huge discount and free overnight shipping for our trouble. The real trouble is not receiving the product. We STILL do not have the helmet. I am currently on the phone waiting to hear why the helmet has not been shipped yet again. Of course the last order was promised to ship no later than July 31, 2017... Today's date. The order has not shipped. I am holding for the representative from Dick's Sporting Goods to speak with the proper person. Whoever Dick's is using to get the football helmets is who I am being told is to blame. If Dick's can't get products from them in 3 months... The blame has to be on Dick's!

The very worst part of this is that the students are the ones suffering for the corporate mistakes. As I continue to hold for resolution, there is a repeated message telling us that Dick's is the place to go for your team equipment. That couldn't be further from the truth for Tucker High School!

Original review: July 27, 2017

This kid Markell should be fired!!! I asked him if the item I called for was brought to the cashier's desk as I requested and he got some nasty attitude with me. He threw his hat and sighed and pouted as his lazy ** had to walk to the shoe dept to get my son's cleats. When he came back to the register he still had that same ** attitude that forced me to tell him, "Is there a problem"? He played it off like he didn't hear me because he said he was listening to his head set. I will never go back to the Willowbrook store again because if I do I might slap this kid's face and teach him some manners and respect for customers!! Also he never asked me if I had a rewards card, which I do, so I got cheated out of points too. I've been a customer at Dick's since he was still breastfeeding from his mother and I don't pay money at stores just to be harassed!! Get rid of that kid before you have a big lawsuit on your hands!!!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I had a problem with the website when trying to order a present for a family member so I called and the rep took my order. He told that I would be receiving a confirmation email shortly, but instead I received an email cancelling the order. I had to make multiple phone calls - one because the department I needed to talk to was closed, I got transferred more times than I could remember spending about 45 minutes on the phone with the Dick's service team before anyone could figure out why the order was cancelled and how to get the order placed again. It was an extremely frustrating experience and most of the time I was on hold until they could figure out who to pass the call onto. I talked to too many people who truly did not care about the lack of quality of service that was being provided. I would never recommend ordering from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I placed a large order from the Dick's website. Two Kayaks, two Kayak paddles, and two life vests. Never got a confirmation email. Have now called three times to have the confirmation email sent to me and still nothing. Have been told three different stories about my order, one that it isn't in the system and that I need to call my credit card company to see if there is a charge on my account from Dick's and it isn't possible for them to see if the order has been processed. Really IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN WHO DOES???

Then because it was less expensive to have the Kayaks shipped to two local stores separately and now they aren't sure if my order has been placed as yet... One of the Kayaks were canceled because the Kayak and vest are now no longer available. Wait... I'm confused no record of my order... yet... it does show that part of my order has been canceled. HUH? The third call the woman excused herself twice... kept me on hold... then said the confirmation will be emailed to me... Ummm... no... still no confirmation email for the original order. TERRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!! I don't force them staying in business for long if this is how they conduct themselves!!! TERRIBLE!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Purchased a baseball bat on the 26th of June and paid for expedited shipping for item to arrive on the 28th. System indicated arrival to be the 28th, however Item arrived on the 29th. I returned item to local store and received the credit for the bat but not the shipping. Called customer service and after 30 minutes on the phone and two disconnects they will not return the shipping charges as they have stated that policy and the time frame for the delivery was acceptable. Very disappointed in the position they have taken especially for a customer who spends several thousand with them every year. I would not recommend ordering anything from them online... Amazon policy for return is the better option. Totally stupid by Dick's customer service for $16.15. They clearly have a bad policy and will not shop with them again.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Purchased a Golf Driver on 7/3/2017 about 8pm, took it to the driving range on 7/5/2017 and it broke! Now I am definitely no pro, but I certainly know that the heads of drivers are not supposed to outdrive the ball, especially on the first day of use! When I took the club into the store today, the "Manager" seemed like he was making up his own rules, because he could not show me on my receipt or anywhere posted in the store what their return policy was, but he initially refused to give me a refund, give me store credit or evenly swap out the club for another one.

Now I am a disabled veteran with over 26 years of serving our country and I would never threaten another human being unless being threatened, but he only offered to send the club to the maker for repair and I refused, so I requested to speak with the General Manager and he refused and said that he was not available! When I went outside to protest and wait for the GM, the shopping mall police and the Corpus Christi Police Department showed up stating that I had threatened the Manager with the golf club. Wow, first poor customer service now lying to the police to have me arrested, what's next? Really Dick's? And to end the visit they have me banned from ever visiting the store again like I ever want to spend my money there again???

Original review: June 28, 2017

Worst customer service. Ordered a t-shirt via the internet and tried to cancel. Wouldn't let me cancel because I didn't try within 30 minutes after placing the order. Called customer service because I was told that they could cancel but they shipped it anyway to Santa Clara CA a week later and then charged my PayPal account. I then refused the shipment and it took a week to go to Louisville KY when it was shipped from Visalia, CA. Called them after 3 days for them to credit my PayPal account and was told that this couldn't happen for 30 days because that was PayPal's policy which is not correct. I have had money refunded from merchants on eBay within 3 days. I asked to speak to a supervisor to explain this policy and was then hung up on. I will never buy from this retailer again. The name DICK is how they treat their customers.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I walked in the store to return a few shirts that I was given for Father's Day. I had no receipts for them but the tag said they were 24.99. Since I had no receipt the cashier said that I can exchange them for others that were similar. Unfortunately there was no others that I liked in that style of shirt so when I ask for store credit they only wanted to give me 4.99 per shirt. They said that was the lowest sale price. However all the other shirts that were identical to mine were 24.99 they are just ripping people off so I will never shop there again even though I like their styles. I will look online or elsewhere.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I was returning home from a trip and stopped into Dick's to buy my son some lacrosse balls for his birthday. Dick's had a bag clearly labeled "15 lacrosse balls" on the front. I purchased the balls in cash and drove the remaining 100 miles to my home. When my son opened the bag, only 12 balls were inside. I photographed the balls, the bag, and the receipt and called Dick's "service" number and asked them to either ship me 3 more balls or refund me the cost of the 3 that were missing. They said there was nothing they could do. Only option would be to return to the store 100 miles away and take it up with the manager. I later tried an online chat with their service dept. and received the same response. Extremely poor service...this is why Amazon is killing the traditional big box stores. How long before Dick's is the next dinosaur to go belly up? You think they'd learn something from Sports Authority and all the others already in the graveyard.

Original review: June 23, 2017

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! It's unbelievable that 3 associates are standing at the register and they cannot stop their conversation to help 1 customer in line. You won't get very many customers this way.

Original review: June 21, 2017

You've got 30 minutes to edit your order boys and girls. After that, it's locked out to their own employees. Nothing they can do. I placed it yesterday, it hasn't even been processed yet, and there's nothing they can do. I have to wait till there's a tracking number with UPS and then call them. Yes, I'm serious. Do not order online. Customer service - F, Support Staff - F, Customer Support Policies and Procedures - F.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I bought a $50 fishing pole. Guy talked me into buying the 2 year replacement plan for $13. I gave in because it seemed too good to be true. It was. Exactly 9 months and 22 days later I broke a guide in my rod. I walked into the store and the lady said I have to call or go online. I called and was transferred 3 times. Then another lady tells me that I have to go thru the manufacturer for the factory warranty because the two year replacement plan doesn't work until the factory warranty ends. So I go through hoops for about 2 hour. Now the rod company wants $15 shipping and handling after I pay shipping the rod to them which is $14 plus a $6 4 ft box and tape that I don't have.

So let me get this right...I'm paying $50 to replace a $50 fishing pole. I get it. BUT if I just bought a new pole, I'd have it last week and I'd still have my current broken rod. And I would be stuck with that ripped off feeling of a bogus warranty that didn't honor its agreement. That has no value to me. The employee that sold it to me made it seem easy to replace. Crooks. Warranty scamming is a very big money maker. I literally gave them $13 to tell me I have to use the manufacturer warranty...but I broke it. Oh! One of the ladies said I can wait until the factory warranty is expired. That's 2 months from now. 2 year replacement plan my butt. Then I get asked why this was the best service ever...really? Only good thing about Dick's Sporting Goods is the exit. I'd add pics and receipt info but all that's in the car and I'm in bed.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Brody took the time to order a shirt I needed online and matched the warehouse price to the sale price shirt in the FlatIron Crossing store. He was more than willing to take the time to help me get the product I was interested in. Awesome service and I thank you Brody! My shirt arrived earlier than promised and the shipping was free.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I placed an online order on 5/22 for Golden State Western Conference Champ shirts. Delivery ETA was 6/1. First, I never received an order confirmation. I had to email to request status and then got an email 5/31. It's 6/6 and the items have not shipped, contacted via email and called customer service but says they cannot cancel even though it has not shipped and they cannot even give a new ETA of when or if it should ship. When I track order online it just states in process and still shows 6/1 estimated date.

On top of that, the items are now 50% off online and show in stock and available to ship for new orders, it even shows the sale prices when I go to track your order online but that is not the prices I was charged. Even the customer service agent I spoke to who was nice agreed that it should be able to be cancelled since it has not shipped and way past the stated delivery date. If I ever do get the order I will return as they won't honor the current sale prices with a refund or store credit, it will probably be the 2018 season by the time I get it. Bad service for online orders and emails, false Information. Never ordering with them again.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Received a gift of a box of golf balls with no receipt. Went into the store (without the balls first) to ask about returning the balls. Waited at customer service for five minutes. No one came so I went to the cashier (Greg) and explained I had the balls in the car. He said without a receipt I can only give you a reduced price. I said, "What would that be?" He said, "I don't know." I went to the car and brought the golf balls back in. He scanned them and said the sale price was 25.99 but that he would only give me $12.50 for them. I said "What, why only $12.50?" He said, "You don't have a receipt". I said the price on the shelf is $35 right now. The sale price is 25.99 and you are only giving me 12.50 back. He said "Yes, do you want to return them?" I said, "No" and walked out.

I was in disbelief of this policy. The golf balls were unopened and would have been returned to the shelf to be sold for $35. Not a bad idea for a company to sell the same item twice and make a nice percentage on the sale twice. However, not a very consumer friendly exchange. How about offering me a gift card to spend the 25.99 in the store? This system works for most stores I have ever had to return an item without a receipt.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Got a shirt with matching capris for my birthday that I didn't exactly like but did not want to hurt my elder family members feelings by asking for the receipt so I called to see what their policy was. When I was told I could exchange for exact items just different sizes if needed or I would get lowest selling price in the system currently I said, "That is great!" Since I got these two very small, thin items in a birthday gift bag, I just put them in my purse, went to Dick's and started looking around for my new items. I had a cart full and was trying on different things including three pairs of shoes, for over an hour when I was interrupted while on the phone by an officer and the same manager that had been helping me thru out my shopping experience who I had been giving back items I did not like after trying them on to put back for me, asking me what I was up to and who the guy I was with? What? I was alone!

So then I said, "What is this about?" to the cop when I was told they heard the sounds of the sensors while I was in the dressing room so I told them the very strappy sports bra I was trying on which the sensor was on the strappy part was twisted so being by myself I was trying to fix it yeah might of made a little noise but not much at all honestly when it hit my bare back... I thought it was a joke but no it wasn't. They asked me did I have anything in my bag. I did only what I brought in with me to exchange so then I was told to go into the back where I gave them personal info blah blah blah. Was repeatedly asked who the "guy" was I was with as if I were lying! Then they literally took my outfit from me, totaled up everything in my shopping cart which none were concealed then told to fill out papers.

I asked if I were in trouble and what for when they told me they were charging me with theft for my very own outfit so in all reality they are the thieves since they technically stole my outfit from me! The manager was a mid aged ** man named Rob and the store was Whitemarsh, MD. Guess they thought I was planning on taking all three pairs of shoes and two of them were even on hangers and the other items too and I even asked them, "Well did you find any hangers after me in the dressing room since everything in there I touched besides the shoes were on hangers..." No... did they find Any sensors taken off any merchandise by me? No. Did they see any damage done to any of the things I had touched or tried on like trying to rip a sensor off or out? No... I just don't get how they can do this! Thinking to contact my lawyer?

Original review: May 5, 2017

My son is going to the Celtics & Wizards Playoff game on Sunday. I went online to order him a jersey. To ensure the jersey got here in time, I paid express $24 to receive it on Thursday. Friday I called Dick's, they explained to me that I SHOULD receive the jersey on Monday. I explained to the young lady, "but I paid extra to receive the product on Thursday". She explained to me that the jersey is still sitting in the warehouse and I would not receive the jersey. It takes 3 days to process items. My response is "don't advertise something when you know it takes 3 days". Not only am I not going to get the jersey on Thursday, I am not going to get receive it on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. What part of that is express?

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information