2. Shopping

Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dick's Sporting Goods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I am glad I bought my new Horizon Fitness elliptical locally from Dick's Sporting Goods, and I was glad I spent the extra dough for the special delivery & setup. It was delivered in just a little over a week after I ordered it. Amazing nowadays. The guys were really nice, wore masks, were very careful of my belongings, and obviously knew what they were doing. It took no time at all and I was confident it was all done correctly and was positioned right where I wanted it. Thank you so very much, I am very happy with it!!

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have bought different kinds of sport items at Dick's Sporting Goods. My family has bought Tennis rackets there to go play tennis. They were very good quality and they still have last after 5 years of use. We also were able to get my 6 year old son a nice racket that works for him and fits right for him. We have also bought baseballs there for my son to work on hitting. We have also bought him a baseball bat there for his size. Dick's Sporting Goods has a lot of equipment and the clothes there are also very good. When I buy anything from there it lasts even though some of the prices there could be a little high. The product lasts and fits to what we need it for.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Dick's Sporting Goods is our largest sporting goods store around without having to go online. They have a little bit of everything but yet their selection is limited for certain sports. For example, we have quite a few swim teams in the area and Dick's hardly has anything in store forcing you to order online. Trying to find any associates to help you is like looking for a needle in a haystack. That combined with not being able to find what you are looking for makes for a frustrating experience. I end up leaving empty handed and going home and ordering online.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Bought a new bicycle, numerous accessories & other smaller items. The Diamondback bike did not have sizing on it - later found out it was hidden, so I bought the wrong size. They accepted it back and gave me the smaller size - thankfully. They had allowed me to ride it around the parking lot but it just wasn't enough for me to realize that it was too big, and I didn't ride it much because I felt guilty using it when I didn't yet own it. The salespeople are always helpful and cheerful and willing to help, and they do a great job helping. Got a helmet, water bottle, lock, numerous items. It's the best sporting store I have ever been to.

Original review: May 16, 2020

My experience with Dick's Sporting Goods has always been very good throughout the years. I've found exactly what I need every time with a customer service representative not far away to answer any questions for me. I've never been bothered by staff or followed like I'm going to steal something like most stores do these days, and I always end up getting a handful of items that I couldn't pass up because the sales are so good. Even online the shopping is easy, quick and painless. I would always recommend Dick's Sporting Goods for outdoor supplies and sports, including spotters and a good variety of accessories and shoes for everyone in the family.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I bought an exercise bike on Dick’s Sporting Goods website. The next day I got an email saying my order was canceled without any reason given. I telephoned them today. The customer service rep was so rude and ignorant. She said “just order it again” and hung up. Pathetic customer service.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I ordered a treadmill on March 1, 2021 from Dick's Sporting Goods and have yet to receive it. The estimated delivery date was March 18th, and today is March 24th. My account still shows March 18th as the estimated delivery date. I have contacted Dick's several times by phone call & chat but I get nothing but I will check on it. You have my money but you can't give me an update. I have contacted the delivery company and the phone only rings and I get no response from an email. I will NEVER order from Dick's again.

I spoke with a supervisor last week and she promised she would give me an update in 2-3 days. It is now the 5th day and I have not heard from her. They actually sent me an email to review the product that I have not received yet. I am so disappointed and frustrated. I asked them to cancel my order and they sent me an email after I call them stating they are unable to cancel because my order has been shipped to the delivery company. I am disappointed with customer service, leadership and delivery.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I would give zero stars if I could. I live in Turlock, Ca. and wanted to buy a kayak but the closest store that had it in stock was a 109 miles away in Folsom, Ca. I called to verify if they had the Vibe Yellowfin 100 kayak and explained I would be driving to the store to pick it up. I wanted it asap for a fishing trip I had planned for 2 days from now. So I bought it online last night and drove the 109 miles today to the Folsom store. I used their curbside pick up service that they provide. I then drove 109 miles back home. When I got home and unloaded the kayak I noticed the right foot peg was missing and the connecting hinge on the chair is broken as well. I called the Folsom store and spoke to a manager who told me he couldn't do anything to help me unless I drove all the way back up there. I don't I know what he could've done for me if I went back there that he couldn't do me here at home.

So now I have a $700 kayak that I cannot use and will be missing the fishing trip in 2 days all because the staff who bring the merchandise out to the curbside pick up have no sense of quality control and obviously do not check to make sure that everything is there and that nothing is broken. I am blown away that not 1 but 2 quality control issues happened with my order. So I'm just going to return it to the store here in my town for a refund. Unfortunately I'm still losing if you count the 218 miles I drove and the gas it took to drive there plus I'm not going to be able to make my fishing trip so all the gear and supplies I bought will not be used either.

I have shopped and spent a lot of money at DSG over the years and because of this incident and the fact that I was given an item that is broken and missing key components and then had the manager pretty much tell me to get boned and not make things right I will never shop at another DSG again and will get as many people as I can to boycott them as well. There is no reason why the manager couldn't send me a replacement foot peg and chair when I know they have more Vibe kayaks there in the store. Very sad customer support and TERRIBLE quality control and a manager who doesn't want to make right the wrongs his employees made on my purchase.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

The beginning of February I ordered a jacket. The next day after receiving the jacket which was too small I returned it. 3 weeks later I still have had no credit to my account for my return. After making a second phone call they did acknowledge they received my return 2 weeks ago and said a credit would be issued. A week later I still have not received my credit and no one can tell me why. They tell me it could take an additional 30 days which would be a total of 45 days to return the product which they debited from my account within 10 minutes of my purchase.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Very shady business practice, customer service, and shipping department. I placed a Pre-Sale order online in December for a product. I get an email update on 1/7/21 that the item is delayed and will ship by 1/22/21. By 1/26/21, my order still has not shipped out so I contacted customer service about a status update and they escalated it to a higher up. The next day, they cancelled my order saying it was out of stock, which should not have been the case because that is the whole point of a Pre-Sale/Pre-order system. You're supposed to only take pre-sale orders based on how many orders you can fulfill. If it was out of stock, I should've been notified immediately when I placed the order. I shouldn't have to wait more than a month to be told out of stock. It just doesn't add up.

So I tried contacting customer service again for an explanation and the agents were not able to tell me anything and said I should speak to a supervisor but every time I tried to ask them to connect me to a supervisor, they would disconnect the chat or call. It sounded a little suspicious that they wouldn't connect me to a supervisor or the shipping department. After numerous attempts, I was able to connect to a higher-up representative via a call. I was told that they are experiencing delays and that they're still waiting for the shipment but could not explain why my order would get cancelled if they're still awaiting shipment. If anything, it should still be in the delayed/in-process stage of an order.

I know a few people who also placed this pre-sale order as well and they received the product. What an odd coincidence that my order got cancelled after I inquired about it to a customer service agent. It seemed like someone in their departments cancelled my order on purpose and told me it was out of stock. One of the service agents offered me a small amount reward points which would be useless to me considering I would not want to shop from Dick's Sporting Goods again after this negative experience. Overall a shady online practice and bad customer service.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information