2. Shopping

Dick's Sporting Goods

3.7/5 (428 ratings)

About Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dick's Sporting Goods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Me and my mom went to Dick's Sporting Goods with a huge problem with my bike. The chain was stuck so was gears and friction. An employee named Chris fixed my bike in about a minute and I asked what we owe him. He said don't worry about it, gave me my bike, and said have a nice day. I hope this guy gets a promotion or higher pay because he is skilled and friendly.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I generally go to Dick's when they are having the end of year winter sale or when I need a specialized sporting item. They always have nice clean stores and quick delivery if ordering online. I appreciate the quality of the store brand although I tend not to get the Dick's brand as often as some of my other favorites. Dick's is my number one go to for everything sporting and training.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Outstanding Customer service and excellent products! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for! The associates go above and beyond to meet the need(s) you may have. My personal experience was at the Pennsylvania Amish County Outlet Store, (Lancaster area?) the Nike shirts I was looking for had sold out and the sale was active and ongoing. The manager researched and located the shirts and shipped them to me at my home in Danville, Virginia. Now that's service... with an extra smile. I am committed to Nike for this kind act.

Original review: June 5, 2021

Staff said, "Hello. How can we help you today." They have a good selection of Adidas clothes which I like. I play tennis, they have a nice tennis section, so I go there often to pick up tennis supplies. Staff members would check to see if they could be of service-very nice. I had to return an item, staff was very helpful with positive interaction and outcome. Great place to shop for any and all sports items.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I am glad I bought my new Horizon Fitness elliptical locally from Dick's Sporting Goods, and I was glad I spent the extra dough for the special delivery & setup. It was delivered in just a little over a week after I ordered it. Amazing nowadays. The guys were really nice, wore masks, were very careful of my belongings, and obviously knew what they were doing. It took no time at all and I was confident it was all done correctly and was positioned right where I wanted it. Thank you so very much, I am very happy with it!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Ordered a pair of shoes with size 8 Wide. Received in time but no shoe box, 2 shoes tied together with zip tie. Even worse, one is size 9D, one is 9 Wide. And one shoe is missing insole. I’m speechless.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I ordered a Kayak from Dick's Sporting on July 28th. The Kayak was scheduled to be delivered on August 17th. The morning of the 17th Pilot Freight informed me that my kayak was "missorted". I called Pilot and Dick's that afternoon. Pilot didn't seem too concerned and Dick's did a check the box follow up, meaning they called Pilot and emailed them. At no time did Dick's logistics team get involved. I was even told on the 18th that is was put on a truck that didn't deliver to my area. Now I am being told no one can find a 12ft 6in kayak. All Dick's is willing to do is to continue to call Pilot or give me a credit to which I have to chase my credit card company to get the money back. In the end, Dick's and their system lost a $2,300, 12 ft 6in kayak and basically I am stuck in the 1-800-WHO-CARES system. All I hear is, "We are sorry". No escalation within Dicks or customer accommodation.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I’ve been researching on which fitness equipment I should purchase for 2 months, I narrowed it down to an elliptical and decided on Dick’s Sporting store. ANDREW (rep) was amazing, answered ?’s and gave super customer service A plus…

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I place an order on an item that only had only 5 in stock, pay and wait. Delivery day comes and goes with no delivery. I wait two more days, still no delivery or update on the status of the delivery. I contact customer service and was told, "The carrier must have lost your order." (I'm sure as quickly as the response was received there is no way to have verified so this is just a quick reply to get rid of me.) Remember, Dick's didn't follow up on the order, I contacted them or I'd still be waiting, unacceptable practice.

The lady tells me that's it's unfortunate that the item is out of stock now and all they can do is offer a refund, which of course I am getting. I then express my dissatisfaction, how could you give shipping details on an item, then several days later after daily updates admit it must have been lost by the carrier then tell me "it would never happen again", her exact words. If you're going to lie to your customers at least make it a believable lie. This is the kind of customer service issues that I will not tolerate. Lots of places to get my good other than Dick's, they will never see another dime of mine, and that's a statement I know will be kept. You know, if they'd said, "Hey we are really sorry, not something we can control. How about 10% off your next purchase," I might have not gotten so upset as I do when you lie to me. Good luck on your order if you decide to trust them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

This review is specific to Dick's Sporting Goods on Broadway and Wilmot in Tucson AZ. I purchased a bike online and after delivery took the bike to the store for assembly that is included in the price. The idiot who checked it in had no clue of the paperwork to fill out and almost left me without a receipt which thank goodness I asked for and got a copy of. I called daily to make sure it was being worked on only to be told "tomorrow" and the "bike mechanic is out sick today" and "it's being worked on."

I spoke directly with the bike mechanic Luis who asked for the SKU number and told me "tomorrow for sure." Today the bike department told me "it's there and partially completed" and will be ready tomorrow for sure. Not ten minutes later the manager Hannah calls and admits my bike was "stolen from the store" 3 days ago! So, after waiting 2 weeks to get my bike, loading it to the store, waiting nearly a week and calling daily, I find out they have been lying all along. Stinks, stinks, stinks. Bad on all of you Dick's.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information