Dick's Sporting Goods

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son is going to the Celtics & Wizards Playoff game on Sunday. I went online to order him a jersey. To ensure the jersey got here in time, I paid express $24 to receive it on Thursday. Friday I called Dick's, they explained to me that I SHOULD receive the jersey on Monday. I explained to the young lady, "but I paid extra to receive the product on Thursday". She explained to me that the jersey is still sitting in the warehouse and I would not receive the jersey. It takes 3 days to process items. My response is "don't advertise something when you know it takes 3 days". Not only am I not going to get the jersey on Thursday, I am not going to get receive it on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. What part of that is express?

There were a pair of glasses on sale, no Store carried them and all suggested to buy them online. After purchasing the item and a day had gone by, they cancelled my order, because my billing address was different than my shipping address. No issues when I made the purchase online, I even received a confirmation email. I am out of the product and a promised gift. I will NEVER, use this store for any purchases again, not the online, not the physical store. Their customer service is a joke, uninformed and useless. I was transferred to 3 different individuals to tell me that they were not sure why the order been cancelled, just a doubt with the different addresses. What an inefficient and unprofessional way to conduct business.

Went to Dick's in Baton Rouge a few days ago... 3 employees in hunting all kept passing and glaring as if I was a shoplifter. None asked if I needed help. The cashier was rude to an employee over the walkie about a price for the man ahead of me. Who I assume was a manager then, after 5 minutes, checked me out on another register and then proceeds to say this... "Man I bet you're coming back in here again, huh?" WHO THE HELL ASKS A CUSTOMER THAT!!?? Spending money at Bass Pro or Academy forever and a day. NEVER again will my feet step in Dick's.

Like many of the other reviewers, I placed an online order. I needed golf shoes for my son, and Dick's was advertising a pair of Nikes at a really good price. While ordering the shoes, I decided to order socks as well. What was strange, there was no shipping charge for just the shoes, but once I ordered the socks, a shipping charge appeared. (Maybe because they knew they were never going to follow through on the shoe order?) The socks came immediately.

After waiting a few days, I went back to view my emails. After reading through them and realizing they hadn't charged me for the shoes, it became clear to me what they were doing. They offer a really too good to be true offer. Maybe stock a minimum number just to say they actually did sell some at that price, then hope that while people are on their page, they will buy other things. They never did notify me that they "ran out of inventory." I had to call to find out. It just seemed like a really sleazy way to do business. I won't be shopping with them again.

I took my golf clubs in on Friday afternoon at 1:00 to take advantage of free installation on grips. The young man said he would not be able to get to them today but would have them ready on Saturday. Dick's called on Saturday and said they were busy and they would have them for me Sunday morning. I had to call them on Sunday at 5:00pm only to be told that I could come get my clubs and bring them back later to have the grips installed as they were busy. I don't care if you were busy. Not my problem. You promised a service and failed terrible. I will never go back to this store or Dick's in general. They showed me that they do not care about customer service or at least me. I will tell everyone who will listen about my experience. Goodbye forever!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

I went to Dick's to purchase hiking shoes. There were only 3 options for women while men had more than 20. There were limited sizes and the laces varied on the same shoe in different sizes (as if they were stolen). It felt as if the store did not believe women actually hiked or spent time outdoors unless they were in sandals.

DICK's SG in Metairie, LA. Dick's has one of the worst customer service. I would not visit this store in the future. I purchased a NIKE sweatshirt in one size, returned for another size days later with the receipt. Of course the store did not have the other size. That frequently occurs when I shop at Dick's. The sales clerk instructed me the online ordering has the shirt in my size, so see the other clerk at the kiosk to order. She proceeded to give me a gift card to order online. I was reluctant to accept the gift card, but I went to the kiosk with the clerk to order the shirt. That in itself was an ordeal. Manager had to be called, because the shirt online cost more than the shirt in the store. Finally, the shirt was ordered for the same price as in store, and I was on my way.

Shirt ordered on 3/14/2017, and to date, I have not received the item. I went back to the store, and asked to cancel the order, and give me my money back. The manager said he could not do that, as I had to call the 1800 # to inquire. More hassle!!! I called the 1800#, and held on for 18 minutes, before a clerk could help me. I gave them the gift card number, and other info. No order showed up in their system? So now, the CSR on the phone said it has to be sent to another department to see what happened. Now, the gift card has -0- on it, so the $50.00 disappeared and no item was received. I assume I have to go back to the store to complain again, and attempt to get my money back. This is awful customer service.

Purchased a treadmill in January 2017. Have still not received the treadmill, and customer service is unresponsive -- in spite of REPEATED promises to get back to me within 48 hours. As you can see from the details below, I have been at this for awhile. The unresponsiveness is stunning. The details: Ordered a treadmill January 3, 2017. Received an email saying the order was in process and the expected delivery date was between January 10 and January 17. The item was shipped via AIT Worldwide Logistics. I was given a tracking number. At some point in January, AIT called to say they had the treadmill and would deliver it to me when they had a full load to take to Des Moines (where I live). On March 2, I logged into my Dick’s account to check on the status, and Dick's records showed the item had been delivered. I emailed Dick’s Customer Service to report the problem. No response.

Emailed AIT (the shipping firm) on March 5. They told me the item had been returned to Dick’s at Dick’s request, and provided the tracking number. Emailed Dick’s with the information from AIT. Still no response. Emailed again on March 6. Each time, I got an automated response saying I would hear back within 24 hours. Never happened. Finally, on March 8, I received an email response to my March 2 complaint. Customer Service rep said she would look into it. No follow up. Emailed customer service rep again on March 19. She said Dick’s records show the item was delivered to me (ignoring the specifics of the problem). I again gave her the information that I had received from AIT and asked if someone at Dick’s could please contact them. No response to that email to date.

On March 19, I also called customer service, thinking it was time to talk to a real person. He was helpful. Took my information, talked to his manager, said it needed to be referred to “Research”, and they would follow up with me within 48 hours. Didn’t happen. Sent another email to customer service on March 26 detailing everything that had happened and asking for guidance. Also called customer service again on Sunday, March 26. Spoke to a manager, who apologized and said he would reach out Research on Monday and someone would get back to me that day. It is now Wednesday evening, and I have heard nothing. Pretty much at my wit's end. I paid over $1000 in January (nearly three months ago). I have now been at this for over three weeks. Still no treadmill, and no one responding to phone calls or emails.

I placed 2 orders online on 2/20/17 and 3/11/17, including items on clearance, while using a coupon. Both orders included 2 items, and both were partially shipped on the stated shipment date. After not receiving the complete 2/20/17 shipment 2 weeks past shipment date, I called customer service, since I had not been contacted via email or phone about the 2nd item. They apologized and stated the item is no longer available and will credit me. Although annoyed because I was waiting for the item, I got over it.

I had to order baseball cleats for my son on 3/11/17 and since they did not meet the required $49 for free shipping I ordered a 2nd item (sweatshirt) on clearance that was really not needed. Upon the shipment date, once again I only received the sweatshirt with no cleats. No communication about the status of the baseball cleats! Here it is on 3/26/17 and I still have no status on the baseball cleats and order that was supposed to be shipped on 3/17/17 (which it was, but without the cleats). I purchased the cleats today at a competitor's store and will no longer be using Dick's Sporting Goods!

I order my son a $120.00 pair of shoes from Dick's Sporting Goods, only to open the package and see they failed to remove the security ink tag... yeah thanks Dicks for ** us. The closest Dick's is 80 miles from us. Dick's Sporting Goods should be ** people in the ** sporting goods. Pissed. I will never order from them again.

I ordered sneakers from Dick's and used PayPal "cash" as a payment. I waited and waited and waited for delivery of said sneakers. Eleven days after my cash payment, I received an email stating that my order was canceled. No reason given. Angry, but more concerned about my money, I noticed my "cash" had not been returned to my account. After a screaming phone call, Dick's finally returned my "cash" to my account. This is a scam to earn interest on their customer's money. The shoes I ordered were out of stock, but Dick's accepted payment anyway. Unethical, and most likely illegal.

I went online to purchase a pair of sandals. For some reason the order didn't go through so after call them, they were to cancel that order and reprocess it. That never happened. They shipped both pairs and one item I had to pay UPS to have the delivery date change because I was out of town. Dick's Sporting Goods was suppose to refund the UPS charge like told me they were going to do but did not. I am still fighting to get my money.

Never have what I need; rude service. I don't know why I even waste my time. This year, it was only the end of February; baseball/softball season doesn't even start here until April. I was looking for baseball gloves for two kids. Of course they didn't have the size I needed. When you first walk into this huge store, your first thought: I'm sure they have what I need, and most likely a huge selection of it, too. NOT. I always end up going to Walmart or Target and find the same stuff and half the price. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

But that is not all. I tried to tell the cashier that baseball season is upon us and they are out of gloves, and the very defensive cashier lectured me that I should come sooner since "we are now in the middle of baseball season and we run out of merchandise very fast". It makes me wonder: haven't they learned their lesson from the year before, and the year before that??? Which was my response, after which she told me that I should plan accordingly. Last year it was about soccer cleats; yes, even shorts and socks. Wow!

My first shopping experience there was when I purchased a Kayak. It was marked down due to some scratches. I purchased it but realized that the hull cover was missing when I arrived at home. My error. I should have checked it out a little closer. But when I went back and asked them if they could provide me with the hull cover, I was told that they could not, and all sales on marked-down items were final. The kayak company sent me one at no charge, and even they were appalled that Dick's didn't try to even find the missing cover. Dick's is no longer an option for me. With a little research I can find what I am looking for at a fraction of the cost, and much better customer service.

I had ordered some soccer cleats for my child. The order came on time at the designated date of 7 days. The problem that I had was that the soccer cleats had 2 right sided shoes and they were the wrong sizes. One was a size 1 in boys and the other was a size 2. So I do not believe that the shipping department is organized.

Company warehouse excels in ineptitude. I ordered a pair of Bauer (X500) Ice Hockey Skates (size 11) over a week ago, and selected standard shipping. I was initially told I would receive my order on Monday 2/27, but I got them Thursday 2/23. Great News!!! Not exactly. The shipping box was in great condition, but I noticed the product box inside was a tad beat up. Upon opening my box, I noticed all packing material for the skates were completely absent. Not only that, they decided to send me the WRONG SIZE skate (size 9), and the WRONG STYLE (X400) skate!!! The product box contains all the correct information, however the contents reveal an inferior, pre-worn product with crust stuck to the back of the boot.

Now I'm waiting to hear from Dick's, after it's spent 3 days being shipped back, and 2 days sitting at their warehouse. I tried calling to get an update, but I was told I needed to wait for an email that could take another 1 to 3 days. I initially wanted this exchanged but I'm pretty sure I've lost all trust and confidence in Dick's, so I will be seeking a refund whenever they get back to me. I still may have to explain why I'm returning a USED pair of CHEAP, INFERIOR skates when I paid for something better. I didn't pay extra money to get duped! I should be playing hockey but it looks like I'll be waiting at least another week, whenever they decide to refund me. THANKS, DICK'S!

Purchased an airbed online. I wish I didn't. The bed was badly damaged and used and they make it impossible to return. Most companies will have the customer service send you a shipping label but these fools you can't get an agent, just an automated, expecting you to pay for the shipment out of pocket. It's not fair. I totally wasted my money.

Poor customer service from both Brianna and her supervisor Diallo. Wait times exceeded 40 minutes plus with no solution to changing my shipping address. Something so simple yet unobtainable. Also couldn't cancel order because label had been printed but there wasn't updated tracking information on UPS website, which leads me to believe that UPS hadn't actually picked up the package because when they do, they scan the label.

Also, which is horrible, while you are on hold, expect advertising throughout. What a great way to get free advertising when there is a "more than expected hold time due to increased volume of calls"... Why not fix this issue and hire more people? Or just make an excuse like Diallo did and say, "We are working on it." I'm sure you are. I would never recommend shopping at Dick's. They have lost my business. Once you go through their Customer Service, you will find many other places to buy your sporting goods.

Terrible experience with trying to order something off their website. One of my items just disappeared AFTER I had put in the order. I never received any contact about why or that it was happening and if I had not checked I would have not even known until I received my order. I contacted customer service and they just apologized and said they didn't have it. If you don't have it don't sell it! Never ordering or shopping at Dick's again. Would rather pay a little more from better businesses to know that I will actually receive what I ordered!

I ordered a item online a week ago, I was told it would be shipped via UPS ground. That went fine except I could have rode a bike faster than this service. This is where the problem starts. It was delivered to the UPS depot in my city which meant it would be here today, Not a chance. They were told by the seller to send it to the Post office for delivery, Which meant two more days. I am finished with this company. By the time it get to the post office it could have been to my home, since the route from UPS to the post office goes by my front door.

The other day I came across a great deal on their website. An Arborwear double thick hoodie for about $25. I had read good reviews and decided to order one. I submitted the order and my card was charged. I even received a confirmation email. The next day I get an email saying that my order has been cancelled. So I call up and talk to someone who says it's weird that my order was cancelled because they have a bunch in stock. He puts me on hold and comes back a minute later to tell me that the price online was wrong, it should have been $99. He goes on to say that for my inconvenience he will knock 15% of the price.

Later that day I posted something on an arborist Facebook group and found out other people had ordered the same thing. Some orders had been shipped, others cancelled. I called Dick's back and spoke to someone else. She gave me the same story, they have them in stock but they screwed up on the price. She told me regular price was $84. I am not very happy with how they deal with their customers and now I have 26,000 tree guys that know it along with whoever looks at this review.

I ordered a row machine online. I spent an entire morning getting all of the pieces out of the packaging and putting it together. I finally finished and something was wrong with the motor. I contacted Dick's and they are sending me a new one, but I have to disassemble the machine and box it for shipment. Then I have to put the new one together all over again. I am very disappointed in this customer service. I cannot believe they do not have a company that can provide assembly/disassembly service.

I purchased an item for guaranteed holiday delivery before the deadline and called customer service when it still hadn't arrived by December 24th. I was told to call back the next week and they would ship my item for free as well as not charge me for it. The following week, as I was getting ready to call them, I got an email that my order was cancelled. I called and they said that it was out of stock so they cancelled it. Well, I was still able to put it in my online shopping cart so that didn't make any sense. I called them out on it and the "system must not be caught up yet because of high demand". I asked to speak to a supervisor as I did not cancel my order and the item is still in stock online. A supervisor was to call me back within 48 hours and it never happened.

I called back three days later and again got the runaround. Also, receiving an email for 20% off!! This is NOT what was promised. Again, a supervisor was not available. Third time a charm, and talked to a supervisor. Since the order was cancelled they can't honor the guaranteed delivery. And she said that the nearby warehouses were out of stock. No answer to why it would take 10 days to notify me it was out of stock! Never ordering online from Dick's again and after poor customer service, they have lost my in-store business as well.

I ordered a shirt for a Christmas gift on Dec 17th using the Guaranteed by Christmas promo through Dick's Sporting Goods. I called on December 23rd because I had not yet received tracking info. I was assured by the phone rep that it could make it in time and if it did not it would be free because of the promo. On Dec 27th I received an email saying the order had been cancelled. I called to speak again with the customer service and all they offered me 20% off a future order. The $52.99 item was supposed to be free but since it was cancelled they said there is nothing they can do. Definitely seems like a scam to me to just cancel the order instead of sending it for free. Truly Disappointed!

Seem to have everything. We have used Dick's for many years. Our girls were all into sports and it was great having Dick's around for all their needs. Now we still go there but now it's for our grandsons and my husband.

My boyfriend told me about a week before Christmas that he really wanted a jersey from his favorite football team. I felt bad that I had not known this before, so I quickly went online and researched places that I could purchase this jersey from. There are NUMEROUS places I could have chosen, but I chose Dick's Sporting Goods. Big mistake. I ordered the jersey on 12/21 and paid for two-day shipping. My order was taking awhile to process, and so I called customer service three separate times to make sure my order would be received by Christmas Eve. The first two representatives reassured me that my order would arrive on time. By 6:00 on Christmas Eve I had not received my order, and this is when the third representative told me that it would not be there on time. I realized that Christmas was a busy time, but I had paid for the two-day shipping.

I figured it was okay if my order came a couple of days late. However, not only did my order not come by Christmas, it was not delivered until 12/29. That is WAY beyond two days. Because my order was so late I filed a claim for a refund. I was told it would take 3-5 business days for my claim to be reviewed. Another representative told me 5-7 business days. I am now on business day number 8 and I have contacted customer service four times and all representatives have said that I should receive an email and there is nothing they can do for me. So now not only was my order late, but my claim is also late. On top of it all, the size I ordered didn't fit, and so I had to exchange it. Dick's Sporting Goods apparently doesn't do exchanges, only returns and refunds.

I got a refund and had to re-order the jersey and wait yet again for it to be shipped. I was reassured it would take two business days. I re-ordered the jersey on 12/29, and it was not delivered until 1/5. Both times that I ordered something online it was beyond later than I was told and customer service has made false promise after false promise. I intend on getting a full refund, but I am still waiting on my claim. Do not order anything online from Dick's Sporting Goods.

So, I made my order on 01/02/2017 and they took my money. So, this whole time I was thinking I would get my merchandise, but I was wrong. They just sent me an email stating that they have cancelled the order even after they took my money from my account. I was so disappointed!! This was supposed to be a gift and everywhere was out of stock but supposedly they had it!! Never I will purchase anything from here and will tell my family and friends about it. FYI people I know loves sports and hunting!

I was surprised when my granddaughter said at last minute she wanted roller skates for Christmas. I saw Dick's holiday guarantee and felt secure in ordering. I ordered skates within deadline and naturally no skates on Dec 24. The day after Christmas I looked further online and saw you had to call customer service to make a claim, claims are not automatically applied and this had to be done by 1/03. So I did this. I finally was connected with a person 27 minutes later and made the claim. Just received email today that it was denied due to the brand of skates. Guaranteed Delivery is a risky business especially if a child's Christmas gift is at stake. But to add that it is free if it is not delivered and not honor your ads. Dick's you're the worst!! Doesn't say much for your company.

I placed an online purchase for Asics Gel-Nimbus 18 running shoes on 12/27/16. I received the order on January 4, 2017. When I opened the box, the shoes were already laced up and the bottoms of the soles were dirty. When I called customer service on January 5, 2017, the agent stated that the shoes were now out of stock. I asked her if she could locate a replacement pair at a local store and she stated they were all out of stock as well. She was unable to offer a time frame for having them in stock again and she told me to return the shoes using the return label included in the shipment. I asked her how long it would take for a refund and she said it would be 7-10 days for them to receive the return and another 7-10 days to process the refund.

Not only is my order completely unacceptable, but now I have to wait 20+ days to get a refund so that I can purchase shoes elsewhere, and I have concern about their honesty and integrity in regards to whether they will even acknowledge the return since I have no way to confirm it from my end. My fear is that I will end up with no shoes and no money! I will not order from Dick's again and I will suggest that others do the same. I am very disappointed in their lack of concern for the quality of their products and their customer service.

Wow - I really wish I would have found this site before placing my online order with Dick's. I see now that our collective experiences are similar, and this retailer has horrible customer service. If I could rate my experience "zero" stars I would have. (Not so) Briefly: Ordered an expensive (to me) exercise bike for a mutual Christmas gift for my wife and I (was over $900). It was a "fan" bike. Had the fan blade front wheel and we were going to start using it for exercise at home. I had seen crappy plastic ones at big box stores. I was looking for a sturdy, gym-quality bike, and believed I had found one at Dick's. I ordered the bike on November 23, 2016. It said "In Stock" and estimated delivery date was 12/13. Those two factors were important in my ordering decision, and so I pulled the trigger and bought it.

12/13 came and went. I made my 3rd call to customer service on 12/16. I was told "it's Christmas," "we're busy," "we're sorry" each time. They also kept blaming the "outside vendor," "the shipper," etc., but the two things keeping me sane by that point was 1) it wasn't Christmas yet, and 2) they hadn't billed my card yet. Magically, on 12/16, the shipper "received" the order from Dick's, I was charged the $900+ on 12/18, and they provided a tracking number. Still not Christmas, still might make it. I fully believe that my phone call on 12/16 (3 days after I was estimated to receive it) was the time the actual order got placed. I checked the tracking number daily (AIT shipping). It said stuff like "attempted pick-up" and "information e-mailed", but I couldn't find who tried to pick it up from where or what info was in who's e-mail.

I called in a panic on 12/22, hoping for an update. The shipper was blamed, "we'll check on it, a supervisor will call you back." No call, no Christmas present. After Christmas I asked for a cancellation/refund. Call taker told me he couldn't authorize a refund because it was "over $900, my supervisor has to approve it." I finally spoke with a supervisor and cancelled this God forsaken order on 12/28 at 6:04 PM. Was told refund "in 3-5 business days." Magically, again, I received a call on 12/29, from AIT (the shipper), saying "we've got your bike. We're ready to deliver tomorrow 12 NN-5 PM." I couldn't believe it. The day after I cancelled it they finally wanted to deliver. I called Dick's, said "what's up. Is this a scam or a trick. What happens if this thing gets left at my door." Spoke with a supervisor again. Was told to refuse delivery with shipper, call Dick's back 2 business days later.

They "normally require our physical receipt of returned items then 3-5 business days for refund," but because of my troubles she said (her name was "Summer") that if I called 2 days after cancelling they would be able to look in computer, see the refused delivery, see that the bike was coming back, and they could "expedite" my refund. Today is 1/4/2017. I do not have my refund. I called this morning (I hope for the last time in my lifetime) and was told that they see the refusal, they see the return, but they would never tell me they could expedite refund (calling me a liar after ruining my Christmas), and that it could be 8-10 business days be the WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. At no time did ANYONE at Dick's try to make this right. No discounts, no explanation, nothing ever initiated by them, just endless excuses, scapegoating. The have my money and I have not received promised goods/services.

Called my bank to dispute the charge. They said I had to wait 15 days from cancelled order. Marked it on my calendar - Friday 1/13. I don't expect resolution before then. If you were smart enough to find this site before making a dick.com online purchase - congratulations, run away! If you are coming here (like me) after a horrible dicks.com experience - I am sorry. I will tell anyone who asks, and many who don't ask, how crappy this business truly is.

The worst online experience! A week before Christmas I ordered my son a Lebron James basketball jersey and paid an additional fee for next day shipping. The jersey didn't arrive as expected. I contacted customer service and I was told that the item never left the warehouse and it will be shipped out again. That didn't happen! I talked to another agent who told me that it was USPS who didn't deliver it. The USPS confirmed that the package was never sent from Dick's Sporting. The next agent assured me that the jersey would be sent out and that I would receive a guarantee to deliver refund in addition to the jersey. I didn't arrive & I was unable to track it! Finally, the last agent admitted that it was out of stock. In the meantime, Dick's did not contact me once about the issue! Now I have to wait 7-10 days for a refund!

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Profile