Dick's Sporting Goods

• 4%
  • 1%
  • 80%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Reviewed July 18, 2024

Fraud! I’ve been a returning customer and have spent thousands over the years! I recently purchased a pair of shoes online for my son and the next day, my card was compromised where another pair of shoes was ordered in my name for a ridiculous amount. When my bank notified me of the suspicious charge, I called Dick’s Sporting Goods Fraud Department, filed with the police and my bank. Long story short Dick’s Sporting Goods sent paperwork to my bank saying they have reason to believe I made this purchase and it was my responsibility. The bank later on disagreed and made it right but Dick’s Sporting Goods…. Will not get another penny from me.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 13, 2024

Bought a 4-position chair lounge a few months back. My Granddaughters started using it about a month ago and where it lays back the plastic area has just completely folded to the point it won't hold the chair upright. Called the store and was told they can't do anything without a receipt which I didn't keep. All I was requesting was a Replacement so off to the dumps with it and finding another sporting goods store to use.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I ordered a pair of sneakers priced at $46.97. By the time I was done, they cost me over $74.00. The sneakers were too small, so I asked about an exchange and was told I could bring the shoes to Dick's store and order another pair online in the correct size. I did all of that, per instructions. I was charged for shipping $$8.99/pair x 2 ($17.98). First, with the volume of business they do, I do not believe Dick's paid that amount for shipping one pair of sneakers. When I got my refund, there was no refund for shipping fees and I was charged an additional $2++ for what the customer service person said was Dick's shipping fee (whatever that is). All in all, what started out as a reasonably priced pair of sneakers, turned into not reasonable at all. Lesson well learned: I will never order from Dick's Sporting Goods online again.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 9, 2024

I purchased from DICK’S sporting goods store a higher end pickleball paddle and I also purchased a pickleball set (a plastic bag containing 2 rackets and 2 balls), so I could have a couple of less expensive spares for friends to use. I went to the pickle courts, opened the plastic bag containing the set, and took out one of the paddles in the set to try. After hitting pickleballs with it for just about 5 minutes, I knew the top third of the racket was dead and immediately put it back in the bag. The day after I purchased the racket set, I took the set back to the DICK’S store and explained what I experienced with the racket, and said I wanted to return the set for a refund or credit/gift card equal to the purchase amount. I was told by a store employee I could not get a refund/credit because one of the paddles had been used.

I explained the paddles came in a sealed bag and there was no way to know the paddles were terrible until I hit a few balls (I also had not used either of the two balls that came in the set). I was I could call customer service at 877-846-9997. I called the customer service number and was told no refund/credit because product had used. I again explained there was no way to know the paddles in the bag were basically garbage paddles until I hit a few balls. The rep said I could take the set to another DICK’S and not tell them I used racket. I said that would be dishonest and I would not do that.

The customer service rep then asked for my phone number on my rewards scorecard, which I provided. The rep told me she would put 600 points on my rewards. I asked if 600 points equaled my $50 purchase price; she said it was worth $20 and I said, “No thanks”. I try to support stores around where I live instead of using Amazon, but I won’t make another purchase from any DICK’S store. Amazon takes back ANY product I’ve purchased, used, and found to be of poor quality.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 5, 2024

I want to explain my bad experience with this store, I purchased a sneaker online and did not receive my order, where it was claimed by the delivery man from the company Doordash, that the delivery was not made because he was unable to communicate with me, but in no way At that moment I received some kind of call or message about the delivery, I was following the delivery using the link that Dick's provided me, where it said that my order would be delivered at around 7:00pm, to my surprise my order did not arrive and after updating the link the information was already returned to the store, I went to the store the next day and was informed that no order had been returned and that they could not help me because the purchase was made online.

I called customer service and the attendant informed me that I was going to make the refund, but I didn't receive any confirmation email, I waited 5 days, I got in touch via chat and the attendant informed me that the refund had already been made via gift card, and I didn't make any refund request through gift card, in short, he asked me to wait 48 hours for the responsible department to check my problem and so far nothing has been resolved.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 12, 2024

Received the wrong item; no option for this mistake to be corrected. Still waiting for the refund confirmation email. Someone called Alyssa ** is currently waiting for a pair of shoes that will never arrive. I have them at my house; nobody will pick them up

Sales & MarketingPriceProcess

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Their advertised sale prices are never the same in your cart. They send out numerous advertisements promoting clearance prices, but they are never honored. The entire process is shady to say the least!

Customer Service

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I got fitted for golf irons in the store. The clubs I got were way too stiff for a 68 year old golfer. I returned to the store, they said there was nothing they could do about it. I’m out almost a thousand dollars. They have told me they would call Callaway. That was two weeks ago. I have gone back to the store 3 times in the past couple of weeks. They never called me back. Just keep telling me they will call. I have driven there 3 times. It’s a 5 hour round trip. Awful experience!!

Verified purchase
      Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Horrible experience, they sell malfunction e-bike and refused to give refund and they still haven't fix it. We bought an e-bike a-week ago on Friday, a Minooka for $1499 + $99 warranty. The safety check passed (open box, floor sample) but unable to turn in the power (electric), they said "Just charge it when you get home, the battery need to be charged 1st".

We charged the battery as instructed, the next day still NO POWER - never worked. We return it to the store in Southland, Aurora, where we purchased it, they tried to fix it - they said they’ll call us when it’s ready. One week later, still in the back room not fixed. I asked for a refund since it’s broken (NO POWER) to begin with, the clerk refused to give me refund and for us to just sit tight and wait until they fix it - "Not sure for how long…" She said “I have nothing else to say to you Mam, now I’m gonna move to next customer.”

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2024

I selected shoes to try on. Told they would bring them out. Not crowded. Waited 20 minutes. No shoes. Asked. Told they are coming out now. 10 minutes more. No shoes. I told a worker standing around that I was leaving. He shrugged. I will get them faster from Amazon.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information