2. Shopping

Dick's Sporting Goods
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dick's Sporting Goods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have bought different kinds of sport items at Dick's Sporting Goods. My family has bought Tennis rackets there to go play tennis. They were very good quality and they still have last after 5 years of use. We also were able to get my 6 year old son a nice racket that works for him and fits right for him. We have also bought baseballs there for my son to work on hitting. We have also bought him a baseball bat there for his size. Dick's Sporting Goods has a lot of equipment and the clothes there are also very good. When I buy anything from there it lasts even though some of the prices there could be a little high. The product lasts and fits to what we need it for.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Dick's Sporting Goods is our largest sporting goods store around without having to go online. They have a little bit of everything but yet their selection is limited for certain sports. For example, we have quite a few swim teams in the area and Dick's hardly has anything in store forcing you to order online. Trying to find any associates to help you is like looking for a needle in a haystack. That combined with not being able to find what you are looking for makes for a frustrating experience. I end up leaving empty handed and going home and ordering online.

Get buying tips about Sporting Goods Stores delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I have now bought my daughter's softball mit, her softball bat and her softball pants and socks all from Dock's Sporting Goods. I loved their bat cage for my 11 year old daughter to not only try the bats but had a great interactive program that rated her hits with the bat so we could make a good informed decision. This was important when buying a $400 bat. We also bought her mit there as they were able to do a good break in process for her new mit so it was more comfortable the first day she used it.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Bought a new bicycle, numerous accessories & other smaller items. The Diamondback bike did not have sizing on it - later found out it was hidden, so I bought the wrong size. They accepted it back and gave me the smaller size - thankfully. They had allowed me to ride it around the parking lot but it just wasn't enough for me to realize that it was too big, and I didn't ride it much because I felt guilty using it when I didn't yet own it. The salespeople are always helpful and cheerful and willing to help, and they do a great job helping. Got a helmet, water bottle, lock, numerous items. It's the best sporting store I have ever been to.

Original review: May 16, 2020

My experience with Dick's Sporting Goods has always been very good throughout the years. I've found exactly what I need every time with a customer service representative not far away to answer any questions for me. I've never been bothered by staff or followed like I'm going to steal something like most stores do these days, and I always end up getting a handful of items that I couldn't pass up because the sales are so good. Even online the shopping is easy, quick and painless. I would always recommend Dick's Sporting Goods for outdoor supplies and sports, including spotters and a good variety of accessories and shoes for everyone in the family.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I have been into Dick's Sporting Goods in many states due to my kids travel league sports. I have never felt so miss treated as I was on this day (8/31/20) at Dick's Sporting Goods in Lafayette, LA. which happens to be my home store. I am an older ** female with 2 adopted kids that happen to be **. From the beginning this sales person in the shoe department made it clear he was not impressed to be helping us. I ignored this at first thinking he must be having a bad day.

Mind you, I have spent much more than I did today in previous trips...Yet, when my son finally decided on his tennis shoes... This salesman pulled the box of shoes out of my son's hands, stated he would walk us to the register and then stood there, at the register, while I bought the shoes and made snide comments, like oh..she has a coupon..and a credit card..Hmm and walked off but only once my sale went through on my debit card. Now let's back up a few.... Prior to my kids and I leaving the shoe department, other all ** families were allowed to walk away with their choice of shoes and some with multiple boxes of shoes...

At first, I was embarrassed, but by the time I made it to the front I was very upset. There were 2 young ladies at the front, 1 was obviously embarrassed by his mannerism... or maybe because I asked why I had to be escorted then watched while I paid for two pairs of shoes? (I also bought a pair of Nike's for my daughter).. I asked does he work on commission? I got silence. the 1st young lady just dropped her head further down.

The 2nd young lady, who seemed to be a supervisor or manager also would not look at me and stated when you buy something over 100.00 you must be escorted especially for Nike products. I stupidly continued and bought the shoes to not cause a scene in front of my children. I have bought so many shoes, cleats, bats, gloves, clothes, chairs etc that were way more than $100. and I have never been walked to the counter... I do not look like white trash, in fact I came there in my business attire after work... SO, I am not sure what his problem was.

This was the first time I ever truly felt my children were racially profiled. We have put up with a lot over the years since I adopted them..And I guess I was judged for having ** children...This upset me so much as it was so blatant and nothing was done even after I contacted Dick's chat line! Shame on this crew and their team leader, and shame on Dick's for not even taking the time out to apologize, not to me but to my kids that felt less than the others! To Dick's Sporting Goods, I would hope in this day and age that your policies and procedures would be a little more cautious and customer service oriented to all!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I bought a bike and three year warranty. First day the bike had a flat and the seat was loose. I called and they said they could repair but they have no inner tubes, but if I bought one they could install. So I spent 20 dollars to have one shipped to me. After a week I got it repaired and I was happy. Three miles into my first ride I had another flat. I was riding on a smooth bike path. I called to exchange the bike and they said “Sorry, but there Are no returns or exchanges on bikes." 303.00 for the bike, 64.93 for a three year warranty and 20 dollars for an inner tube. Total 387.93 given to Dicks Sporting goods for a useless bike.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I ordered this mask online on August 4th. By August 27th, after receiving no correspondence from Dick's Sporting Goods, I decided to contact them to find out when the item will arrive. I chatted online with an agent that said it was outside the 30 day window to arrive so she would escalate the order and I would hear back in 1-2 days. After hearing nothing, I contacted an agent again through chat. This agent informed me that the item was actually a presale item that wouldn't ship out until September 28th! There was no mention of this when I originally ordered the item and there has been no communication to this fact via email. I requested to cancel the order and was told that I am only able to cancel the order 30 minutes after ordering, but I could return it when I receive it. I'm so disappointed in their customer service and especially their lack of communication. I will never order from them again!

Original review: July 15, 2020

I decided to purchase some clubs at Golf Galaxy online but will never again. Beware! I was told that I would receive hardcovers for my new purchase. I received my purchase with no hardcovers and a note with a Dick's gift card saying, "Sorry, if you want to return they would understand!!" Really?? I’ve been waiting a month after my complaint? Still no response!! Go to Carl's Golfland or PGA superstore for golf supplies.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I ordered a Nike jacket online due to Cov-19 and I received my order in the mail. When looking at the item I received the item was dirty and I can tell the tag by the tag it was returned. Did you look at the item before shipping this item. Not happy about my nike jacket.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Information