Dick's Sporting Goods

Compare Sporting Goods Stores

Research top Sporting Goods Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received a $50 gift card from my job at a Health Fair. I decided to pay it forward. I used $15 to send someone a secret Santa gift. I then went back in and ordered a pair of snow boots for my toddler. As soon as I clicked submit I noticed I forgot to change the address to mine instead of the secret Santa person. I immediately called Customer Service. It had to be less than 5 minutes. They told me they would change the address. The next day I received an email with a tracking number. It was STILL the wrong address. I called and used the online chat function. A guy told me I could go to UPS and pick up my package. I drove 30 minutes only to be told I couldn't get the package because the address didn't match my license.

The day before Thanksgiving I received a call from a supervisor. She apologized and asked me to verify my correct address. She assured me my package would be sent in two days. I then received another email. WRONG ADDRESS AGAIN! I called again. A man told me nothing was changed. At this point I asked to be refunded. They told me they couldn't do that. The man claimed to have changed the address. Today I get another email. Nothing has changed. I spoke with another lady (Lucy) and she told me to just wait and see what happens. She said she did not know if the address was changed. I told her the email had a tracking number and the wrong address. She ended the chat. I STILL do not have my package or my money back. Never again will I buy from this store. They have made a minor adjustment very difficult. THANKS FOR NOTHING! No customer should have to call 12 times and still not receive any help.

Wanted to purchase a new hunting rifle at the Dick's store in Madison, MS. I found one I wanted. I have a Mississippi firearms weapons permit and other identification which did not matter according to "Dick's policy" so they had to do a background check. This should only take minutes but was told it could take up to 3 days. I never received a phone call back from the store after 5 days. I called the manager and he gave me the run around telling me the system was rejecting my request. So I took it upon myself to do some research and after making numerous calls to the FBI and the ATF, I was told by the FBI that the background check came back fine that same day I tried to buy the rifle.

Dick's can and will refuse to sell you a firearm if they don't "like" you or maybe because of skin color. I believe they were racially profiling me because of my pacific islander decent. Needless to say, I called Dick's again and after the manager found out I contacted the FBI, his whole attitude changed and was telling me it was ok to come back to their store to purchase the rifle. Of course I never bought the rifle and because of the situation, I will never buy anything from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Just received advertising insert to newspaper this am (11/24/16) for day after Thanksgiving sales and for online purchases all day Thanksgiving. Went to website to order advertised Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun. Of the 29 stores listed for Nevada, where I reside, not one store has availability. Called customer service, was told can not order and have shipped to store. She claimed people must have purchased everything earlier today. What BS, I received my newspaper before 6:00 am PST and checked ads. I have never shopped with this company before and NEVER WILL in future. As far as I'm concerned this is false advertising and nothing but a come-on.

Horrific experience. Items were purchased for a community sports court. Then the shipment arrived only 1 package was received out of 2. The company typed in the wrong tracking number blaming UPS for the error. The company then stated that the items was going to be resent (which it never happened) as it was a time sensitive matter. Later, the story changed after a few days and I was informed that the item was in back order.

A week later I was told that the item was returned to the store as "rejected" when it was never delivered. I had to purchase 2 more items (basketball hoops) and DeShaun "Supervisor" for the customer care line at 1-877-846-9997 called me back on a recorded line along with other supervisors but no one can pull it up. I was told at this time that I was going to have my money refunded and a call ticket was going to be sent (never has up to today). 2 weeks have passed and I still don't have my refund for the order that was "approved" over 11 days ago has not been processed. I had to pay to install the hoop, remove the hoop, now I am getting interest on the purchase that should have been "processed a while ago". This has been a total nightmare and I will never purchase anything from this store. Someone should be accountable for this "mistake" and lack of professionalism.

My first vivosmart hr worked fine until a week ago - I couldn't pair it to my phone anymore. Thinking it was broken, I went back to Dick's, purchased another one and experienced the same problem - I couldn't pair it to my phone, either. So, I returned the new one, and I'm stuck with the original one. Come to find out there has been innumerable complaints of this product. Dick's shouldn't be allowed to keep selling the product after so many complaints!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dicks Sporting Goods?

I placed 2 orders for merchandise. With one order, I received the wrong item. I was told the correct item would be sent and a return label would be provided. 4 times (so far) the order for the replacement item has inexplicably disappeared from the system. The 4th time I was told it would take 2-3 weeks for the order to PROCESS.

With the other order, the items were supposedly shipped, however I never received them. The tracking number they provided clearly shows that I never received the item (or that it left their premise for that matter), however I've been told I have to wait 21 days before they can help submit a UPS claim. Shipping is always slow with this company and customer service is awful. With this approach, this company won't be around 5 years from now. They will be another victim of the Amazon machine.

Okay Dick's sent me an email stating I could receive $20 off over $100 purchase so I went on to their website to begin shopping. I noticed that there were a lot of things not covered under this promotion but I continue to shop anyways. Long story short I spent $100 and never received my $20 off. Basically the email I received was simply a hook to get people into the website to shop and buy their products. This is turned out to be an awful experience for me because my wife allowed me to purchase the items I was purchasing based on receiving the $20 off now my wife is upset with me and I have done nothing wrong. I think the customer service is very sorry. They were not willing to give me the $20 off even after I talk to customer service and if you will look at the exemption list it pretty much covers everything in their store. So if I have one piece of advice for you out there it's don't shop at Dick's. Go to Green Top.

We wanted to purchase a rifle for our son's birthday so we looked online and decided to go to Dick's in Independence Missouri. The store is new and hasn't been opened long but has very few people working. We waited at the gun counter and after about 10 minutes had to search for someone to help us. They didn't have the advertised rifle in stock and said they couldn't order it but they did have one at Zona Rosa which is about 40 minutes from us. After driving to that location it was the same. There was no one working on the entire floor. After searching the store and not finding a clerk my husband called the store from his cell phone and eventually a young man arrived although he was not able to sell guns so again along with several other customers we waited only to be told they could only sell a gun if two people were working. We are paying a little more but shopping Cabela's from now on.

Dick's opened a store in my hometown a year or so ago. I had always shopped at Big 5, Sports Authority or Turners for my sporting goods needs until the advent of Amazon & other online retailers, but decided to at least pay Dick's a visit to see how competitive they were in this age of online stores. As I should have known, it was a huge store with almost no employees & even fewer customers. The employees I spoke to in the fishing-hunting gear area had not a clue about the goods they were peddling. I left very disappointed.

Last week they advertised a special sale on .22 cal. ammo. The price point was attractive & I drove to their location with the intent of purchasing 4-5 boxes of the shells. I was informed they would sell each customer only one box. When I asked why, the flustered salesperson pointed to a 3x5 inch card tacked to a back wall & stated that was the directive from management that dictated the policy. Again I left Dick's empty-handed & disappointed. This operation must be losing millions on an annual basis. It is a bankruptcy waiting to happen or some kind of business plan using losses to reduce taxes in some fashion.

I ordered two Tangle NightBall soccer balls, one green, one blue. A couple hours after I placed my order, I did further research and realized they were half the size of a real soccer ball, so I wanted to cancel my order. I tried canceling through my online account but kept receiving a message that I have to wait 24 hours before I can cancel an order. So I waited 24 hours then called customer service. They said it was too late to cancel the order because it was already ready to be shipped. Ok. Sure enough, the balls arrive in totally used condition. They were covered in shoe scuffs and one of the balls didn't even have any tags or labels on it. It totally looks like these were pulled from a kid's toy box after being played with for a few months. The lights on the blue ball are significantly dimmer than the lights on the green ball. I'm sure the batteries are ready to die out soon after being played with so much. So disappointed.

I recently tried to purchase shotgun ammunition at Dick's in Deptford NJ. I was told by the salesperson/manager that I had to show my driver's license and firearms ID card to purchase this ammunition. That is not the law in NJ. The law states that I have to show those 2 ID's to purchase rifle and handgun ammunition not shotgun. When I confronted him about that he claimed that Dicks purchasing policy is in addition to the state law. Sorry Dick's your in store policies can't override state laws. That is totally illegal. Currently escalating this to the BBB and the State of NJ. In the meantime I am encouraging everyone to boycott Dick's and shop at Cabelas where you get a bigger selection, better prices and knowledgeable salespeople.

We purchased a bicycle from Dick's. The bike came -- delivered in a box -- which I had to put together. I'm not the most handy person around, but we did manage to put it together with some help from a friend who is a biker. At the conclusion of the assembly, it was apparent something was not quite right. I took it to a bike store who told me to take it back where we purchased it.

The bike supervisor at Dick's told me he would take a look at it the next day. After about 5 days and several phone calls, it was ready. Apparently it was a very simple repair and could have been done when we took the bike to the store. The bike is exactly what we wanted, the service from Dick's was less than stellar, but it is now rideable and seems just fine. All was well when it finally was ready for use.

On their website they offer a pair of Dallas Stars socks. The description says the socks are size 13-15. That's the ONLY reason I ordered them. When they arrived, the socks were a size 10-13. The C/S rep said "sorry for the description being wrong. I'll send you a shipping label so you can return them. Our fault." Well today they processed my return and ONLY gave me credit for the cost of the socks. They did NOT credit my credit card for the shipping and tax that I paid for those socks. The worst thing a company can do is not give you your shipping money back when THEY are the ones who shipped the wrong item. Ticks me off and I will never shop at Dick's again. Never. Still can't figure out why I don't get my tax back either.

I'm writing regarding a recent purchase. My husband and I in June purchased 3 kayaks and all the accessories. We were going to pay cash that day but 2 store associates told us if we open a credit card account we would receive a check in the amount of $58? Not scorecard points. We waited and received no check. I called the today and told my story. I was giving 4 different numbers because each department told me they couldn't help? They also told me they had no such promotion going on. My husband, me, and 20 year old daughter was present at the time.

They downright was dishonest to us so we would open a credit card with them. It's not the money I care about, it's that they would be dishonest about it. Anyway, after getting nowhere I asked to talk to corporate which she told me they would credit my account that day and I would promptly get an email when it was done. Guess what? Never got that email. We have many hunters in my family and we will tell them all to take business elsewhere. Very bad customer service.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The first order I had from Dick's Sporting Goods was a Barnett recruit recurve crossbow. The crossbow I received was defective and I had to return the product. This was not easy as there is no UPS Store that close to my home and I work very much. Dick's sent me a 10% off coupon I assume for my troubles. When I called to redeem the coupon it was a very nice young lady that I actually offered me then 15% because of my issues trying to order online. Which brought the price of the crossbow to $90. A huge discount. I did not have my card available at the time and needed the 3 digits on the back of the card though I have a card on file with them. When I called back it was treated very rudely and spoke down to with what seemed like kids with huge attitude problems. They did not care and we're absolutely I'm concerned with the situation.

Do they not know their accounts, could they not pulled the information or were they just unwilling. I told him I would do no business with him and ask to be taken off the email list. Which one I signed up did not think I was going to receive 20 emails a day. I spent an enormous amount of money online and would have continued to do solid business with them as they were several of the products that I was looking at at the time. For a small amount of money Dick's lost what could have been a lifelong customer due to their rude customer service and the fact they would not honor a promotion or discount. I don't know any but business that can survive in this economy with customer service and just like these. They surely lived up to their company name.

I made an online purchase order ** using PayPal credit as form of payment. I reviewed the return policies online to the store and it said I could. The order was in large boxes so I called Dick's customer service to make sure I could return them at the store and receive a refund to my PayPal credit account. They said I could but to call the store to tell them I was bringing it in. I called the store and asked the same question about bringing items in and getting refund to PayPal credit. I was told it would be fine and to take the items to the register and ask for a manager if any help was needed. The girl at the register took all items out of the boxes. The boxes were taken to the back. It was time to refund the transaction and was told Dick's would only give a store credit.

So asked for a manager and was told that the only way to get the refund to PayPal credit was to ship the items back. The boxes had been broken down and hauled away and shipping would probably be around $50. Left the store infuriated and letting them know I have no intention of shopping there again. Yet now I'm stuck with a $274 merchandise credit AND I have to pay this amount to PayPal. After three points of contact to confirm the return could be refunded this was not the end result. I want my account refunded and this credit voided. If you are unable to comply with this request I will make my experience public so others do not go through this nightmare. If it is your policy not to refund PayPal this should be clear in your policies and your phone agents should be better prepared for this question. Extremely disappointed.

On September 13th my wife bought me a $400 gift card to purchase a bow from Dick's Sporting Goods for my birthday. I purchased the bow online because they didn't have it locally. The next day I get an email stating the bow is on backorder. I called the store an hour and a half away and they had the bow in stock and held it for me. I called online services and cancel my order. I asked the online associate how long it will take for my money to be back on my gift card I was told that the money is still on your gift card because they don't charge you until the item ships and the item hasnt shipped so the money was still there. So I cancelled the order. the next day I drove an hour and a half to this local store got my bow all set up got to the register and there's no money on my gift card.

I called back from the store phone and then was told that the money will be on my gift card at 6 p.m. that evening. I drove an hour and a half for nothing and then had to turn around and drive another hour and a half home. At 6 p.m. that evening there was still no funds on my gift card. Today there is still no funds on my gift card so I call again they tell me that I was misinformed and that the funds usually take 2 to 3 days to be put back on my gift card and that my funds will be there Monday. This is poor customer service and once I get my money on my gift card and purchase my bow I will never spend money at Dick's Sporting Goods again. I will take my business to Cabela's or other local sporting good stores. Now I have no money no bow, and no birthday gift and no one cares. I was pretty much told, "Sorry for your luck there's nothing we can do". Worst customer service ever.

So frustrated with dicks sporting goods. Ordered a very important item back on Sept 4th, still hadn't arrived, went rounds with their customer service twice first - they said there was a 4 to 5 day hold on items like the one I purchased, then a different customer service agent said it was out of stock but in Stock at a different warehouse, my order was transferred to that location and would ship the following day.

Now I get an email saying they had to cancel my order because it wasn't in stock there either but they will give me 20% off a different item... what so I can spend more money on an item I probably will never receive?? Thanks but no thanks. THE EXACT SAME ITEM I ORIGINALLY ORDERED IS STILL LISTED AS IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP on their website... what kind of dumb asses do they have doing inventory!?!

Now I'm playing the chase down my money game. They claim they release the hold immediately. Well... they didn't so now I sit on hold waiting for a manager getting more and more irritated that they are ruining my opening day/birthday. I can guarantee you I will tell my friends to avoid this goat rodeo and I WILL NEVER set foot in their new store in traverse city michigan (if it ever opens because they can't do that right either, since the opening now being pushed back again) better off sticking with a reputable place like CABELA'S and GANDER MOUNTAIN!

I order a wagon from Dick's. I had horrible customer service from the people at the store. From phone call to pick up. The guy who brought the wagon to my car was actually nice but the check out person not so much nor were the people on the phone to top it all off. I drove from Syracuse, NY to Buffalo to get the wagon and the wagon is purple. Not blue! Horrible. Worst 85 dollar I have ever spent. And I was very excited about the wagon too. It's heartbreaking.

On the afternoon of September 3, 2016 my husband and I bought 2 Nishiki bikes from the store at Bel Air, MD. The person that attended us was named John. I told him we hadn't bought bikes in a long time. The last time I had one was a banana seat bike without gears. He recommended a comfort bike. I bought the Women's Tamarack, frame size 15. My husband bought the Men's Tamarack 18. John asked my height. I told him 57. He recommended the 53-57 frame. We then fitted it for seat height and he did the regular maintenance check and we left.

We then left and test rode the bikes. I kept saying to my husband "I don't like this bike. It feels like a kid's bike. The frame is too small and uncomfortable." He told me to try his and it was completely different, I could ride much better and more comfortably. We went back to Dick's an hour after leaving with our bikes. I told the front desk I wanted to return the bike and they took me and the bike back to John. I told John the frame is too small. It is not the height, it is the length between the handle bars and the seat is too short. I said "I rode my husband's bike and that is better, I want to return this and get my husband's bike." He said "our policy is we do not return or refund bikes". I said "I was gone an hour." He called the manager. I did not catch her name. John said to his manager "I fitted the bike, she could have said then it was too small."

I told her I could not know that until I had a chance to ride it. John said "she could have ridden it in the aisles", which is a completely absurd statement. There are customers in the aisles, there is merchandise everywhere, there is no place to safely ride a bike in the store. John never said during the purchase of our 2 bikes that they are not returnable or nonrefundable. It does not say that on the receipt customer copy of the buyer's checklist. There is no signage near the bikes that makes that statement. John said to the manager it was her call but bikes are not returnable. I think she was going to allow it, since it was clear we just had the bike for an hour, but it was obvious John was pissed off and he said it belligerently, it's her decision, bikes aren't returnable. She seemed more intimidated by making John happy than the customer and said "I am sorry but bikes aren't returnable".

I told her that was a bad business and customer service decision. I was just gone an hour and that I was a good customer. I just bought 3 kayaks and all the gear in the last 2 years, we each bought sneakers that morning. By making that decision they basically said we do not want your patronage at Dick's any longer. That was such a bad business decision that there is no way I would spend my hard earned money at Dick's ever again. I wrote a letter to customer service. They sent an email reply stating they received the letter and would contact me in 24 hours. That was Sept 4th. I did not receive a return call or email. I called 1-866-677-4771 customer service on Sept 8th and told them my case #. They didn't have it and asked me to explain what happened. She said they cannot override the policy and only the store can authorize the return.

We decided to stop by Dick's Sporting Goods on Sage Meadow Trail in Ft Worth tonight to get my daughter some soccer gear. This will be her first time to play and we had no clue what she needed or what we were looking for, to be honest. We asked for help and she made it very clear she was not going to help us! I looked on my own for a few minutes, then decided to call Academy. Academy said they would be more than happy to help us, so we left Dick's Sporting Goods and took our business to Academy! I was very disappointed and will never return to Dick's Sporting Goods again!

Asked associate if the gift card info would be on shipment. She said no. 1st. Misadvisement. It is displayed. Was advised shoes would be received in 3 to 5 business days. 2nd. Misadvisement. Was NOT advised shoes were being shipped from separate locations and have separate shipment #s and I was not provided a 2nd shopping #. 3rd failure to advise. #4th I called to complain about shipment date and procedures. Spoke with Supervisor Toraryn who advised me I would have to go in a store to be refunded in cash. And it wasn't his job to correct in store misadvisements and I would have to contact the store manager if I wanted to complain. When I went in the store 3 hours later they had no clue what I was talking about, the could not reference the order# in the email I received from Dick's Sporting online. I was advised to call back to their online store.

4th failure to advise. Called and spoke to Supervisor Dashawn who advised me it takes 24 hrs for gift card to be refunded. He confirmed my previous exchange with the supervisor but insisted on having me explain again and mockingly apologized for my 40 mile round trip inconvenience and advised me I could call corporate hdqtrs to complain. Corporate offices were closed for the weekend so he gave me a solution that was no solution to my problem.

#5 Misadvisemdirty Called back to complain, was advised by supervisor Jeffrey it takes 3 to 5 days to refund a gift card. Neither Supervisor accurately advised me. They always took my complaints personally therefore they never really did anything to help or resolve any of the problems except to acknowledge the problem and deflect the errors and their own policy inconsistencies. Called corporate headquarter today. 5th failed to advise me. I was being BLIND TRANSFERRED FROM CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS BACK TO ONLINE DEPARTMENT.

12 days from the date of purchase for a football game on 8/11 still haven't received 2nd pair of shoes. Purchased them at the same time same transaction. But received 1st pair 8/10 with s security tag on the shoe. My son was unable to wear the shoes. Called today and was advised by another Supervisor she'd take my complaint to a Sr supervisor because I was redirected from any Manager and no manager ever spoke to me from the online department or corporate office. And not because I didn't try to speak with a manager about the misadvisements of Supervisors.

From the reviews they know how bad their business is. They're in the business of covering each other's asses. They know it's bad and none of Supervisors there will power or authority to do anything. Don't trust anything, any one of them says there from an associate to a manager. They all lie. I did talk to Puyallup, Wa in store manager. He had a us vs them attitude against their warehouse/Shipper/online store. Too bad people don't read these until they've been done dirty by a store taking advantage of its customers' naivety.

I followed their employees advise every step of the way and nothing they said worked out the way they said. Quick to apologize quicker not to do ** about the problem. If you do decide to call. The people who take the complaints are the people who screw up your order (ie. Received 1 pair of shoes with a security tag on shoes.). 1st mistake: Going to Dick's Sporting. "At least now I know why the call it Dick's." Still don't have the shoes ya Dick!

Went into my South County Mo. Dick's Sporting Goods store on 8/13/16. Place was somewhat busy I guess... Couldn't find any employee to help us. Found our way to the tennis skirts rack. There were 2... ex small and ex large. Now with school starting... 58 girls on our team... hundreds of schools... you would think there would be more. I did track down an employee to ask if by chance there were more somewhere else and was told "I don't know and I don't have time to deal with you". REALLY?

Waited for 10 min for someone to unlock the dressing room and they wouldn't look or help. At 50 dollars and up I wanted to have more than 2 sizes. Neither fit as I needed a small... Rudest place I think I have ever been to. My money spends EVERYWHERE. I will never return. Store was dirty also... Just the rudest people. No chance of seeing a manager if there was one there. I hope their district office reads these... You will be joining Sports Authority if you aren't careful...

I visited the store near Countryside Mall north of Clearwater, FL today and all I can say is be very careful about any purchase from this store. I wanted to buy some workout t-shirts and they had a prominent sign above one rack of shirts saying that they were on sale for just under $8. I was buying a number of other items and when I was checking out they tried to charge the full ticket price which was nearly $20 per shirt. I would have never bothered picking the shirts off the rack at the full retail price. The cashier went with me back to the rack in question and agreed that it did suggest that the shirts were on sale. Then another associate and a manager said that the sign actually was for shirts on an entirely different rack (that did not have a sale sign).

They seemed to care less about what is clearly deceptive marketing and when I suggested they should at least move the sign so that it is not misleading it was clear they could care less. My feeling is mgmt is gambling that if someone picks up the items and waits to check out that either they will not notice the full price being applied or perhaps will just buy it anyway. I've seen many other comments on this practice at Dick's and I wish I knew before I wasted my time at their store. In addition to the deceptive pricing I also found when I got home that a pair of shorts I purchased had all of the tags removed already making it impossible to return them (or even double check the price).

The tag was there when I bought them meaning the cashier must have removed it while putting it in the bag. I can't see how either practice is legal and even if not illegal treating customers with such contempt in the age of Amazon and other online retailers seems suicidal. If you must go to the store, try on what you need and take note of the size and item number and then go home and order it on Amazon. As said many times in this comment board Dick's certainly lives up to its name.

First of all, I want to thank you the store operation manager Lynda. After calls to the store associate and manager, no way to resolve the issue. I stopped by the store and was lucky to see Lynda walking inside. She asked if she could help. She's very polite and willing to resolve the issue. Ok, here's the issue: I purchased a f85 treadmill at Dick's Sporting Goods in Frisco Stonebriar Mall recently. The product was ready to ship at that time.

After a week, there was no follow up delivery call. I called the store and talked to the associate and merchandise Manager Kyle. Kyle looked into the system and told me that I should call the delivery company and found out why it's delayed as all information should be in the system. I called the number she gave to me, the delivery company said there is no information at all for my delivery and asked me to call Dick's store again.

I called the store and the manager was busy and was told he will look into it and call back. Then I received a text message regarding the delivery information - the item description was wrong and still no delivery address in it but only with a wrong zip code. I called the store again and couldn't contact to Kyle to correct the item and address. After all the headache on the phone, I decided to go to the store and Lynda picked up the issue and help me to resolve it. Now, I really lost my confidence to Dick's Sporting Goods!

I went to Dick's Sporting Goods at Des Peres (MO) mall. I purchased a pair of sunglasses. On my way out of the store, I noticed some Missouri Tiger gear. I saw a golf shirt that was marked $29.99. I've been needing to update my business casual clothing, so I decided to purchase the golf shirt, plus a t-shirt and ball cap. I got to register, and a young woman by the name of Ashley rang up my merchandise. When she told me my total was $107, we reconciled the items. I walked over the the rack where I purchased the golf shirt and verified the price of $29.99. This differed from the price I was charged which was $59.99. The department manager Sarah, came over and looked at the price sign for about 30 seconds.

She told me it was only for shirts on one arm of the rack, despite the sign stating $29.99 on both sides of the sign. She immediately grabbed the sign and destroyed it. This, to me, in destroying the sign is an admission of dishonest marketing. There was no offer to allow me to buy the shirt at the advertised price. I suggest if you are going to do business with Dick's Sporting Goods, you'd better pay attention. This was not a polite misunderstanding. I've read several of the comments on this forum and it appears to be a trend. I will be doing my shopping on the Internet going forward. I will not be going to Dicks, and I will be writing a letter to their corporate office and the Better Business Bureau. Your company name suits you.

I bought a life jacket online Saturday. I immediately got a confirmation with a delivery date and my credit card was charged. Wednesday I get an email that it's no longer available and that my order was canceled. My cc still has a pending charge. Why did they sell it if there was no stock? Why did they wait till Wednesday to tell me (I needed it by the weekend)? Why can't they send it out when it's in stock again? No answers from Dick's, just a quick "order canceled" note.

Go to get a bike and found it a $100 cheaper so ask the bike guy to do the price matching as per Dick's website. He said they do not price match, then asked him to verify with the manager because I had their website up on my phone where it clearly states they do and the manager only comment was "sorry we do not price match." Went and got the same identical bike for a $100 cheaper at the other retailer. Way to go Dick's in Royal Palm Beach Florida.

I was in a few weeks ago to purchase a kayak, paddles and life vest. The one salesman selling me the vest was not very knowledgeable or helpful in picking out the right vest. Long story short, the vest I bought for kayaking rode up the back of my neck while paddling. I took it back a week later. The salesman at this time, who had the name of DON, was very very helpful. I was sold the wrong vest for kayaking the first trip and he showed me the right vest that should be used for this sport. Unlike the one I had. He was very helpful and even showed me some other things that I was looking for and picking out the best ones for my use. Thanks Don...you were super at the York store.

Ordering a treadmill, the delivery service was available 10 days after I purchased the treadmill. The delivery service set the appointment time and date 1 week early--which was great--June 29. Confirmed. I scheduled my last day off that I could take for the year from work and made sure I would be here for the delivery. The day before, they re-confirmed. Great. They were to arrive between 10am-2pm. At 10:30am, they call to say the delivery person had to take his mother to the emergency room and they had to reschedule. Really? We all know how hard it is if WE, the customer, miss a delivery time or are not here. But when it is in reverse then hypocrisy knows no bounds. I told the person who called (supposedly managing the schedules) that I could not schedule any other days off for this - especially if this is the habit of cancelling on the day of.

The only day left was July 4th. This would make it 3 weeks after the purchase date. Wouldn't it have been better customer service if the person had contacted other delivery trucks to honor this scheduled date FIRST? So one man is unavailable and everything gets cancelled? The person said she would TRY to find someone else but, yes, they were scheduling July 4th deliveries as well. I said, if today can't work then July 4th I'll make myself available (i.e. cancel my plans on an official day off to make this work).

I call the manager of Dick's. Friendly but somewhat distracted. Before I could finish my sentence regarding this issue, he immediately confirms that they have had issues with this delivery contractor before and typically delays will occur because this is high season for basketball equipment delivery, etc. In other words, not only is KNOWN that this delivery service creates continuous problems for customers but Dick's won't bother to find a different, more reliable delivery service! Neither does Dick's forewarn the customer during time of payment that this kind of issue may occur and that a customer would likely have to keep several days on hand at the delivery service's disposal. Is that how a business works now? I told him that was not the reason the delivery service gave me but rather that the driver's mother had to be taken to the emergency room. So there is no backup? There is no effort to solve the problem to honor these deliveries?

The scheduler indicated that all the deliveries slated for this delivery person would have to be rescheduled. Really? Can Dick's afford to upset a group of customers all in one day? And imagine if this happens day after day? I told him that such issues make it impossible to schedule things, especially if customers also work full-time, and ultimately can lead to cancellation of the item purchased. I could hear him simultaneously talking to someone else while I was talking. He took my last name, phone number, and said he'd make some calls, see what he could do and call me back. It has been 2 hours - neither the Delivery Service Scheduler nor the Dick's Manager of Novi have called back with any solutions.

Dick's Sporting Goods Company Profile