2. Solar Energy

4.1/5 (60 ratings)

About Zenernet

Zenernet helps homeowners get a better deal on energy and take charge of how they power their lives. Cut expenses, lock in a better rate on energy, and gain independence from your utility company with Zenernet. The business prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, ensuring your solar investment supports your local area.

Pros

• Fully virtual consultation
    • Installation performed by local techs
    • Modular pricing model

Cons

• Does not give instant quotes
    • Not available nationwide

Bottom Line

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: July 6, 2021

The team at Zenernet was really positive. It's just that based on the information they provided, I'm not sure it's something I'm wanting to go forward with from a financial perspective. It doesn't make sense at this point. But they were the most convenient to work with of the companies that I tried.

Zenernet response

Hi Rusty - thanks for your feedback. We understand that the numbers don't add up for every homeowner, but we appreciate you working with us and would love to help you revisit this opportunity down the road!

Original review: July 5, 2021

We played a little bit of phone tag with the customer service, but otherwise, the interactions were all good. Working with Zenernet was pretty easy and I was very satisfied. It was a good and smooth experience. No regrets.

Zenernet response

Great to hear Paul - thanks for working with us!

Original review: July 3, 2021

Zenernet referred by a friend. They gave me a price and it seemed reasonable for the solar panels and the system itself, but I don't have the resources as far as getting installation.

Zenernet response

Thanks for the feedback, Jesse! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if the situation changes.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Once engaged everything went well. Richard is great! Initial engagement took more time than it should. I would recommend Zenernet for your solar needs. From the inception Zenernet showed they cares! Rob is great, Aleona my concierge had a slow start but, later did good.

Zenernet response

Thanks for leaving us a review, Venkatesan! We make it a priority to help each homeowner build a system that meets their needs. We're glad that you enjoyed working with us.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Customer service was nice to talk to and very informative. I spoke with the rep John and he explained everything to me. It's just that Zenernet's warranty is not as strong. The other company that I've talked to has much better warranties at 25 years across the board. Most of the solar companies are very similar in what they offer these days. They all make a big deal out of string versus microinverters but they all have microinverters or optimizers. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of difference between them. On the whole, I wouldn't take Zenernet off my list and would certainly consider them.

Zenernet response

Hi Barbara - thanks for your interest, glad to hear you enjoyed working with us. We do have 25-year bumber-to-bumper warranties available. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Original review: June 21, 2021

The way Zenernet's customer service rep handled the relationship was really good. But we didn't go forward with them and the inverter was one of the biggest reasons. The inverter they are using is a single point inverter instead of a micro inverter, which I'm a big fan of. We have one system installed and it's been in there for about seven years. We have micro inverters on them and we’ve had very good luck with those. The single point inverter is cheaper but not as efficient nor is it as effective.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I contacted Zenernet and interestingly enough, the estimate that I got was very much in line with the price I was expecting. I also really enjoyed the sales experience. It was very professional and very well-put-together. Getting set up with an actual plan and figuring out what kind of equipment I needed was straightforward. My solar installation is scheduled a week from now.

Zenernet response

Thanks for the feedback, Scott! We are dedicated to providing the best customer experience in solar at competitive prices on the market. We strive to make the process of going solar straightforward and painless for you. We're happy to be working with you.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Zenernet did a great job installing my solar panels from start to finish. Worked with me to ensure my power needs were met, and kept me updated through the permitting and installation process. Once installed, they walked me through the set-up and how to track my panels through the solar app.

Zenernet response

Thanks for the feedback, Nicholas! We're thrilled to hear that your system is up and running and that your power needs are being met. We are committed to helping our homeowners achieve energy independence. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any questions going forward.

Resolution response: May 21, 2021

There were some misconceptions on my part. While there are still a few outstanding issues that I am somewhat confident will be resolved the company did reach out and is saying that they want to correct my issues (many are product-related and not their fault) as soon as practical.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I contracted them for a system, there are issues with the panels not producing and the software not doing (telling me how many kwh per day are used) what I was told it would, the system being sized too large (ma will only allow 10kw to be produced and they sold me a 15.41kw system), panels that are not operating properly, and they will not even return phone calls. I am going to have to take them to court! Don't walk away from them-run! I paid cash for my system to boot!

Zenernet response

Hi Frederick - thanks for working with us and for hearing us out on those misconceptions. We look forward to resolving those issues to your satisfaction and leaving you with a favorable opinion of Zenernet!

Original review: April 15, 2021

I went to your website and entered all the necessary information seeking an estimate. I NEVER GOT A REPLY!!! Your incompetent customer sensitivity is amazing! You ask for feedback from an upset customer, then put a limit on their response...That's as bad as a sales organization that doesn't follow up!

Zenernet response

Hi James - we apologize for the poor experience. Our team attempted to reach you and was unable to connect. We'd love another shot to leave you with a favorable impression of our company. A member of our sales leadership will reach out to you soon, and we'll ensure your questions are answered promptly. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you!

Zenernet Company Information