4.5/5 (206 ratings)

About Zenernet

Zenernet is on a mission to accelerate energy independence for all. The company prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, and Zenernet stays in touch after install as a trusted partner to address changes in homeowners’ energy needs.

Pros

• Fully virtual consultation
  • Installation performed by local techs
  • Modular pricing model

Cons

• Not available nationwide

Bottom Line

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Alfred was very informative and a pleasure to work with. He took the time to understand my needs and built me a custom quote. I appreciate the awareness of the limitations of my roof. I recommend when calling Zenernet ask for him!

Thanks Rick!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Alfredo was fantastic and a great salesman. He knew the product and was able to share so many details with me regarding the great financing options. He also explained to me the amount of money I would save with Zenernet.

Thanks Emmanel!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I was very glad to have chosen Zenernet as our solar provider. Especially to have dealt with Alfred who helped our family every step of the way and gave us a great deal on our system! I look forward to have my system installed in 60 days!

Thanks Leo!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Alfredo has been great all along the whole process. He has been very informative and very knowledgeable in solar panel system. Any changes or request that I have had, he has been making them and following up greatly. Looking forward to the completion of this project.

Thanks Raveen!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Alfred ** was patient and consistent. He helped me through the whole process and I had a ton of questions. I appreciate that he would get back to me with answers whenever he said he would. He was always positive and accommodating. Appreciate all your help. Thank you.

Thanks Patrick!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Alfredo was super thorough going through all the different roof options and answering all my questions. He walked through all the trade-offs and provided the best solution for our home. Thank you so much! I feel much more informed about Solar.

Zenernet response

Great to hear that you came away from the conversation feeling so much more informed, thanks for reviewing.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Very professional and knowledgeable. Response are clear and easy to understand. Also very polite and respectful. I am definitely willing to work with him and hopefully accomplish my objectives. Thanks for your help and assistance. I hope to work with him on this project for my house.

Zenernet response

Thanks very much, Jose. We're looking forward to working with you, please get in touch if you have any more questions.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Thank you for providing all the information and answering my questions. I really enjoyed Rick answering all of my questions, providing updates to the proposal and following up with the finance team. Thank you.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your time and for leaving us your feedback, Michael.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Just spoke with David. He was very informative and professional. He answered all of my questions and was able to give me a quote customized to my needs. He is waiting on me to send some additional pictures of my electrical panels to asses them so I can take all costs into consideration.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your review, Ricardo.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Have been very helpful. He reviewed my bill and gave me information. I am now going to do my analysis and decide next step. I will be comparing quotes from other vendors but will only pick reputable vendors. This is a important decision and time are getting very challenging.

Zenernet response

We understand this is an important decision, and we highly encourage homeowners to get multiple proposals. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Zenernet energy consultant at any time if you have questions as you shop around. Thanks for taking time to leave us a review!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My sales representative Michael was great on every level of his job. Great communication, and extremely professional. The proposal that he put together for my wife and I was very detailed and easy to understand. I would highly recommend this company and have already referred multiple friends of the family.

Zenernet response

Thanks, George, very nice to hear. Check out our referral program, you could get rewarded for recommending Zenernet to family and friends.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Jonathan ** was super knowledgeable on solar, would highly recommend! We looked at competitor quotes and talked about warranty and the differences of each quote. He have his honest opinion of each. Solar can be confusing but he helped make it fun.

Zenernet response

Great to hear that we were able to make things less confusing for you and that it was such a positive experience!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

The team has been extremely responsive since day 1 of our interaction. I was able to receive an initial appointment with the consultant in less than 24 hours. Once we had a consultation, Jon was an incredibly attentive and detailed. I received a very well priced quote and plan for solar panels to be installed and the guarantee of 60 days is unbeatable. I look forward to the completion of the project, but so far great.

Zenernet response

Hello Karen, thanks for reviewing. We're honored you chose us to help you on the path to greater energy independence, and we're looking forward to getting your project done.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Good communication. Rick explained the process and so far has been quick to reply. I’m in the beginning of the process but the price is right and the panels, inverter are top quality… I had the chance to review the contract and Rick was not pushy…

Zenernet response

Thanks very much for taking the time to review, Gina.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Talked with me as a layman, gave me the numbers we needed and designed a system based on what We needed and wanted. Explained the equipment, how it works and output of each panel. Went through the complete process of adding solar to our roof. First impression is 5 star.

Zenernet response

Thanks, James. We're looking forward to delivering a great experience for you during the engineering and install phase.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Scott from Zenernet was very responsive and helpful in going through the various solar options and being available to answer all my questions and concerns. The price and timeline guarantee was also amazing and much faster than any other vendor.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you had such a good experience talking to Scott. If there's any other info you need to make a final decision on going solar with us, please let Scott know - we want homeowners to have complete confidence.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I had a meeting with Jon ** for a potential solar installation at my home. He’s been really helpful and professional with a lot of information provided. We went through the entire process and I feel pretty good so far. Would definitely recommend to a friend based on my experience so far.

Zenernet response

Thanks, Kevin, good to hear you've had a positive, informative experience with Jon.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

David was very knowledgeable and he was helpful. He answered all of my questions and he was polite and friendly. He was not pushy or rude which I really appreciate. He was respectful of my time which I also really appreciate.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your consideration and for taking time to leave your review, Robert - we really appreciate it. Please let David know if there are any further questions we could help with.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Outstanding call w/ David ** today. Knowledgeable, Friendly, Personable… The presentation was not rushed and we took twice as long as planned. He answered all my questions to help me better understand everything. Two thumbs way up for David!

Zenernet response

Thanks very much, Chuck. Get in touch with David any time if more questions come up. We want homeowners to feel 100% confident about their decision on going solar with us.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Great experience. No sales pressure. Responsive to questions/concerns. Gave me plenty of time to review documents and answer questions before I signed them. Very flexible scheduling meetings around my availability.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your nice feedback, Ryan.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Updated on 11/12/2022: Signed the contract with Zenernet for solar PV only on 6/7/22. Despite two scheduling mishaps on their part where they didn't notify me at all until a fully day after they missed their appointment, they finally installed the system on 8/18/22. Final inspection occurred on 10/14/22. So far, things were rocky, but they got the job done.

Everything went downhill after the final inspection occurred. They said that the system was up and running, connected to the electrical grid, but my electrical bill doesn't reflect that. They promised someone would follow up with me to wrap up the entire project and help me access their homeowner portal to see my solar production. After no contact from them, I began contacting them on 10/26/22. Every few days, I would escalate and include more people from their company who had worked on my project--sales, project managers, and installers. Eventually I forwarded my email to 8 staff members who had all previously contacted me and worked with me. No one has responded, even to this day.

On 11/7/22, the CEO sends a customer-wide email saying that they're having trouble keeping up with the volume and we should email a generic customer service email, which they promise is being monitored. Of course, after I've emailed that address, no one has responded to this day. No one has any courtesy or respect to even tell me that they're backlogged and when I can expect a response. They've simply ignored all my contact attempts. Even worse is my neighbor who I referred to Zenernet. They stopped contacting him after their house visit and now they're approaching the promised 60-days of installation. Similar to me, my neighbors have received no word from Zenernet. Zenernet took their payment and now is failing to even contact the customer to plan the next step.

Original Review: Still waiting on final inspection and approval, but the sales process was great and price was amazing (went through EnergySage). Sales process was a bit messy due to me initiating two different conversations with two different sales reps, but they were able to smooth things over and respect the offer they gave me through EnergySage. Installation was the most challenging, since they double-booked me first, then completely forgot to schedule me a second time. Both times, they verbally told me that they committed to a date and time for installation, only for that time to pass without any word or contact from them. I had to call and text them multiple times before hearing back from them the following day.

Zenernet response

Hi, Christopher. Thanks for your thoughtful review. We're glad to hear you had a good experience talking to our energy consultants. Sorry for the bumps in the road during installation. I see Anthony was in touch last week to let you know we are just trying to get a date pinned down for your final inspection. We're looking forward to getting your system commissioned.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

My initial Experience working with John has been extremely pleasing. John and my initial consultation was just about an hour long. His knowledge and willing to educate is really top notch. At no point did I feel like I was pushed into making a decision. I highly recommend John and will be looking forward to the next phase of our appointment.

Zenernet response

No pushing or pressure with our energy consultants, just solid information about solar so you can make a confident decision on whether it makes sense for you. Thanks for reviewing!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Mr. Alfred was quite professional. I am waiting for the written quotes. He explained how the quotes were different with each other and possible ways to get the project underway. I will check with my pool solar supplier if we can make changes as per Alfred's suggestion.

Thanks for your review!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Mr. ** followed up with on the solar proposal we received. Although he wasn't the one to initiate the proposal he went out of his way to understand our concerns, the other proposals we received. He also went out of his way to earn our business, matching the best proposal price we received. I cannot recommend Zenernet as a solar provider based on their after sales reviews. But is completely out of Mr. **'s control He was outstanding to work with.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your consideration.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I appreciate this company and my rep John **. After talking to various other companies, I didn't feel secure in spending on my investment due to shady and inadequate answers to my questions. Talking with John was different from the rest. He was honest and forthright, especially about money and cost. I didn't have to constantly dig to get answers to my questions. John was highly professional and I look forward to doing business with this company.

Zenernet response

Thanks Ronald, it's so great to hear that you were able to see a clear difference in talking to one of our energy consultants. We're looking forward to working with you as well.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Zenernet made good on engineering plans and scheduling Urban Solar, a very reputable installer. A few hurdles were overcome in the end. Solar System online and performing as described. Do your research. An experienced installer is definitely the key to a satisfactory completion.

Zenernet response

Thanks Marc, we're glad to hear you're satisfied with your experience and enjoying the benefits of energy independence.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I am very satisfied with the service that I received. They were quick to respond and I had what seem like a seamless installation. Even the company was surprised at how quickly everything was completed. I would recommend them for anyone interested in solar.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your nice feedback, Sue. Make sure you check out our referral program if you do recommend us to any friends or neighbors interested in solar.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

McKinley did an amazing job of breaking down the rather complicated world of solar. She was able to walk us through the various options with accuracy and care. She also took the time to explain the cost benefits in detail. We look forward to shifting our energy footprint! Much appreciated!

Zenernet response

We appreciate your time, and the extra time you took to leave your review. Looking forward to working on your solar project!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

Great deal, good product, materials, plan, warranty referred by friend. He had deal with the company and he is very happy that he is saving money and have clean energy. I choose them after I checked their customer rate.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I researched adding solar panels to my house and was pleased with Zenernet and decided to use them rather than the other companies. I found Zenernet to be honest and I think they were the most competitive. This review is based only on setting up the quote and preparing the next steps. The installation process has not begun.

Zenernet response

Thanks, Sheldon. We're looking forward to getting your project completed and helping you enjoy all the benefits of greater energy independence.

Zenernet Company Information