4.5/5 (161 ratings)

About Zenernet

Zenernet is on a mission to accelerate energy independence for all. The company prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, and Zenernet stays in touch after install as a trusted partner to address changes in homeowners’ energy needs.

Pros

• Fully virtual consultation
    • Installation performed by local techs
    • Modular pricing model

Cons

• Not available nationwide

Bottom Line

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had a good initial experience with this company. They were very knowledgeable and very courteous and eager to answer questions. I have not made up my mind on my choice. I did find the initial sales call very satisfactory.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your feedback. Wee highly encourage homeowners to talk to several different providers so they can ultimately make a decision with confidence. Please let us know if there's any other information we can provide.

Original review: June 15, 2022

McKinley did a super good job explaining options for going to solar on my house. She explained all questions well and knew her product. The company appears to offer a quality product and stand behind it. Doing more research before committing but will be discussing options with this company in the final rounds.

Zenernet response

Thanks Dale, we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Yes Mrs. ** was very informative with my Questions regarding Solar. Very Friendly and nice. I asked about my power company and battery back up. I hope to speak with her in the future regarding solar projects.

Zenernet response

Thanks for letting us know about your positive experience. We'd love to have a chance to work with you.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I was very impressed with Scott’s experience and knowledge about solar products, design, and installation. Being an Electrical Engineer, I can tell when people really know their product and Scott is the real deal. I would highly recommend Scott and ZENERNET Solar for anyone interested in installing solar!!!

Zenernet response

Awesome to read, Charles. We put a lot of work into training our consultants about solar so that they can have an informative talk with homeowners regardless of the homeowner's prior level of knowledge. Make sure you check out our referral program!

Original review: June 12, 2022

I already used Zenernet last year for my solar. And this year I decided I would like a battery I don’t know why I didn’t just call them. I guess because I got some emails from another company so I just followed up with them. The customer service was horrendous and three months later really nothing it happened. Anyway I decided to get back to Zenernet since I had such a good experience with the solar panels.

Emily answered the phone early in the morning. She sent my information to the same man who sold me the solar which was extremely ethical of her. And then I asked her if she could advise me on how I could get out of the contract I was in legally and she was very informative and helpful. Turns out the company that I originally signed up with was going to sell me something that would have avoided my warranty with my solar panels. They didn’t even ask me the proper questions to find out what I needed. I’m so glad I’m now working with Zenernet again. And only sad that I’m not working with Emily but it was really good of her to refer me back to my primary person.

Zenernet response

Hello Elizabeth. We're so glad to hear that we could help you avoid a bad situation here. Thanks for your trust in us and for taking the time to leave us this review.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Jon was nothing short of outstanding. Technically strong, friendly, down to earth and totally thorough in his presentation. The meeting was always on track using time wisely. Jon was able to answer all of my questions and showed me exactly what my system would look like on my roof. He even showed me how my system would be affect by time of year and shading. Very impressive. Jon was simply fantastic.

Zenernet response

We can't add add anything to that, so we'll just say 'Thanks!'

Original review: June 9, 2022

Ruben ** did a great job explaining to me what Zenernet has to offer for a solar system at our house. We are getting multiple bids before we decide on who we are going to go with. Thank you very much for providing the details.

Kind regards,

Brenda

Zenernet response

Thanks Brenda. We always recommend homeowners shop around and compare different solar providers so they can make a confident decision. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Ruben Was great to talk to today in regards to walking me through the solar program. He explained everything very clearly and made it very easy to understand the process. I really appreciated him taking the time to go over everything.

Zenernet response

We appreciate the opportunity to help you learn more about solar, Kinda. Thanks for reviewing.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I entered into a contract with Zenernet Solar, in March of 2021, to install solar panels and a battery backup system on my home in Fremont, CA. They sent a subcontractor from Fresno (3 hours from my home) to start the job on July 26th of 2021. The subcontractor, EcoBright Solar, “completed” the job in August. However, their work never passed city inspections and was never approved by PG&E for switchover to my solar gear. It turns out that they filed incorrect plans, left my new break box empty, and never connected the solar system to my existing utility service. EcoBright has since been brought up on numerous fraud and embezzlement charges in the Fresno area. There are multiple accounts of them doing exactly what they did to me.

Meanwhile, nearly 18 months after I signed a contract, Zenernet has never been able to get my system approved by the City of Fremont or PG&E. I have demanded that they remove the equipment that was installed by EcoBright and start again. They have no-showed to my home numerous times, failed to arrive when a building inspector was here to meet them, and have never communicated problems to me, without me first reaching out to them. If I had never complained, I would simply have an inoperable system sitting on my roof, and a battery wall backing up nothing. They took the money, and left me and my family behind.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Ryan was very straightforward and helpful, understanding that I had already been through the process with another company and so modified our conversation so we did not waste any time. He gave me clear information on a loan and cash payment options. Very friendly. I hope to do business with this company.

Zenernet response

Thanks Lisa, we'd love to have the chance to work with you. Let us know if there's any other information that would be helpful to you in deciding whether to move forward.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Ryan was knowledgeable but what I appreciate most is he was direct into the point. I didn't have to ask him a million times to answer my questions and he offered me the best rates of any company so far. I really appreciate it.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your feedback, Angela. Great to hear you had such a positive impression after considering a number of different solar providers.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Ruben is great. He is outstanding in answering our limitless questions. He is also very understanding too. No problems from my perspective. I’m excited he is helping us out. He has provided plenty of graphics and images to help us decide on a solution.

Thanks, JT!

Original review: June 1, 2022

The presenter did a good job of describing his company's service. We decided to go with another option that had more effective pricing terms. The industry has increased pricing so most saving goes to company.....margin over the cost of panels, inverter, racks and other equipment is high.

Zenernet response

We appreciate your time and consideration, Jon.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 1, 2022

Missed deadlines, poor communication, unauthorized installers, poor engineering. System does not work as a back-up although when it works it reduces my electric bill. Problems take multiple phone calls and weeks if not months to resolve. System cost over $40k and never worked as promised. This company is an abject failure. System failed in December and it's June 1.

Zenernet response

Hello. We're sorry for the technical issues with your system. We are currently waiting to receive replacement components to replace the faulty ones removed from your system. As soon as we have the replacements in hand, we will be in touch to schedule a work order to get your system up and running again. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Ryan asked good questions to qualify my needs. He also answered the questions and concerns that I had. He provided valuable information on the company, the panel manufacturers. He also explained the financing options and rebate potential in an easy to understand manner.

Zenernet response

Thanks, Wayne. Sounds like Ryan covered everything well, but if there are any other questions that come up, don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Jon ** was very knowledgeable, professional, intelligent and courteous. His grasp of the presentation allowed him to mold it to my particular situation and objectives allowing him to answer many questions before they were asked. It was a pleasure interacting with him because one doesn't often encounter such aptitude to gently guide a potential client to a positive conclusion. Jon is an excellent representative for Zenernet.

Zenernet response

Thanks very much Bill, we'll never get tired of hearing about he positive experiences people have with our energy consultants.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Jack went over everything with me in great detail. Answered my question and gave me honest expectations for how the whole solar process would go. I'd recommend anyone interested in solar at least check out Zenernet. I am getting my project started soon.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your nice feedback, James. Check out our referral program to see how you can get rewarded if you do decide to recommend us to family and friends.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I had a wonderful and informative video call with McKinley the other day. She explained the benefits that going solar would provide for our home. She was somewhat new to her position at sales but has been in the industry for quite some time. She was a pleasure to converse with and I am putting her proposal at the forefront of the rest that I've received thus far.

Zenernet response

Thanks, Mark. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any more info we can provide that would be useful as you make your decision, we want you to have confidence in your choice.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The sales process was easy to understand and was accurately communicated. The permit submittal and engineering was impressive in its level of detail. The installation was high quality and done in a timely basis, two days start to finish. I am delighted with the monitoring portal.

Zenernet response

Excellent! Thanks for your review, and be sure to check out our referral program if you have any family and friends considering solar you might want to recommend us to.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Mark was knowledgeable and explained everything clearly. Went over my options, financing and rebates. I didn’t feel pressured at all. He was friendly and professional. When I said I needed to do some research with my HOA and advisor, he set up a follow up meeting so we could discuss any other questions that might arise. Great meeting.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear you found the talk informative and didn't feel pressured. Hope your follow-up meeting goes as well. Thanks for reviewing.

Resolution response: May 25, 2022

Zenernet said that they were sorry, and would work to get better.

Original review: May 19, 2022

The good news is that the Zenernet sales process is pretty good. The bad news is that Zenernet was unable to execute the simplest step leading to installation and operation of these panels without me getting involved every step of the way. Even with me baby sitting them, it took 113 days from installation to Permission to Operate (PTO), and I am still not operational. Zenernet's tag line is 'The best customer experience in Solar". Nothing could be further from the truth. Working through a safety concern that the utility had on the initial installation, I spent a month trying to convince Zenernet not to dig up my existing conduit and meter, and to just relocate the solar production meter as per the utility concern. I finally escalated to the utility company to provide a manager to provide some adult supervision to Zenernet, who finally accepted the issue and who brought in a new electrician to correct the error created by the installing electrician.

You'd think that it would be smooth sailing at this point, but no. Zenernet then completely dropped the ball to schedule the production meter upgrade to 2 way meter (so that the utility company could credit my account with electricity produced). Others seem to have had a good experience, and you may too. Just be aware that my experience was miserable and I truly regret my decision to go with Zenernet. My suggestion is to not pay them until all of the work is completed and operational. Good luck if your installation requires some utility navigation, or you'd like a call back for any reason once they have your money.

Zenernet response

Hello Mark. We're sorry for the missteps in your project, and we will review what happened as we work to improve. We appreciate your feedback and your patience. We are currently doing all we can to resolve the production/monitoring issues with the installer and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

Original review: May 18, 2022

This gentleman is awesome and I will work with him anytime. He worked at my place, answered all my questions. The one question that he didn’t know the answer to as it was really out of his wheelhouse he said he said that he would research it and get back to me. This gentleman is amazing!!!

Zenernet response

Great to hear you had such a positive experience, Elizabeth, thanks for letting us know.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Ron ** of Zenernet has been very supportive and responsive in evaluating my solar system requirements and getting the initial site survey set up so we can get this install done in a timely manner. Looking forward to getting this done before summer rolls around and start saving some money long term.

Zenernet response

Thanks Brian, we're looking forward to working with you.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Mike was very patient and forthcoming with all my questions. He addressed my concerns and timelines as well financing options. I would highly recommend Mike to family and friends looking for solar. Mike was the first solar company to respond to my inquiry.

Zenernet response

Thanks very much, Anita. Please let Mike know if there's any other info you could use to help you make a decision as you shop. If you do decide to go solar with us, be sure to ask Mike about our referral program so you can get rewarded if you recommend us to friends and neighbors.

Original review: May 14, 2022

This salesperson was very informative and seemed to care about educating potential purchasers. Knowing he may not get the sales he still took a lot of time to educate and make sure that the consumer understood the industry and panels.

Zenernet response

Education about solar is the primary goal for all of our energy consultants in their first talks with homeowners. Thanks for your review!

Original review: May 14, 2022

Jon was very professional and informative during his presentation. Jon’s presentation was punctual and it took exactly an hour. He provided me with several purchase offers. Jon offered the best purchase. In addition, He showed me how the system works and solar productive.

Zenernet response

Thanks Luis, great to hear you had such a good experience.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Jon ** was prompt, courteous, and had the answers to my questions while we were on the phone. He effortlessly described to me the available options completely, including financing and installation too. I will recommend Zenernet and Jon to anyone.

Zenernet response

Thanks Michael. Be sure you check out our referral program if you do recommend us to your friends and neighbors.

Original review: May 12, 2022

McKinley was friendly and informative. She was also careful to be as accurate as possible for us as we compare your product to others for our final decision. I appreciated her taking the time to walk me through the proposal and even offered an unexpected military discount. Thanks McKinley!

Zenernet response

Just what we like to hear about our energy consultants. Glad you had such a good experience, we appreciate the review.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I've been looking for a company that could give me exactly the specifications I requested on a new solar system with battery backup. Bruce ** of Zenernet has been so helpful and I got exactly what I requested. Also the terms of the loan for the equipment and installation were very favorable. Such a good experience. Cannot recommend them enough!

Zenernet response

Thanks Robert. Be sure to check out our referral program if you do want to recommend us to friends and neighbors.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I called Zenernet and I was so fortunate to receive Jon as my consultant! He was so patient and answered all my questions! He also went above and beyond in informing me more than anyone about solar quality and different brand solar panels. I really liked how he help me build a solar system that would fit my roof and needs! So I want to thank Jon so much for everything!!

Zenernet response

Always great to read these experiences people had chatting with our energy consultants, Ryan. Thanks for your feedback.

Zenernet Company Information