Call toll free
4.47/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zenernet is on a mission to Accelerate Energy Independence for All - from leading the charge in energy independence and helping customers go solar today. They use the best-in-class panels and hardware, offer the strongest warranties in the industry, and provide sleek designs that look great for your home. Education is also a key part of the Zenernet experience, so you can take advantage of their no-pressure solar consultations to learn more. Best of all, their prices are competitive and transparent -- you won't waste your time haggling on price.

Call today for more information or if you're ready to make your home energy independent!

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Zenernet Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Their engineering part, the project manager, was actually the best experience that I had among the five companies that I reached out to. So, were very good. They had the tools. I was able to do a screen share. And the project manager was able to design the system right in front of me, which was nice because I kept changing the panels on them, with the quality of the panels. He was spot-on with a couple of things that he saw on the map. He was thorough and to the point, and very pleasant to work with.

They had high-quality materials. They had the LG panels, which are the latest ones. Everything sounded great. He even showed me the quality of the attachment on the roof were also topnotch. He did a great job, and no pressure tactics. The only problem was, their installer was a local company. On the other side, I had an option to a turnkey with a local company here that's been around for a long time, and the price was not an issue. The price was good and competitive. The only thing is that installer wasn’t topnotch.

So, there's a couple of drawback with that. If something happens, I know I have to go back to Zenernet. And they have great customer support and reviews. But it was just less of a hassle with everything and the permits in New York to go with one company that does it all for you. And since the price was comparable and the system was comparable, I said, “You know what? Let me just go with that other company.” But if I was gonna go with a national one, I would have gone with them.

Zenernet response

Great to hear Sal! Glad we were able to give you a great experience from the sale through the installation.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I wanted to go solar five years ago, but I had someone come out and say it would cost me $150,000 and that would only cover a third of my electricity. So, I said I was not interested. Now, the price has gone down. I went taking to 15 different solar companies and I knew Zenernet was an up-and-coming internet company and everybody seemed motivated. Enrolling with them, however, has been quite difficult, but not due to their issues. The state of Illinois started doing solar this year, and it blown like the wildfires in California.

I worked with Ryan who did an outstanding job and he answered my questions. There was a lot of issues with going solar for me because the secondary party they go to do the drawings were really slow. I started the process back in June, and it looks like I may finally get my solar on December 4th or 5th. I had several online things with their president, JP, going over stuff too. I also dealt largely with Bailey, the project manager. Again, things went slowly, but it was also not due to their fault.

I had several changes being done. One of the major changes was going with different solar panels because we didn’t want to put any solar panels on the ground. We wanted to try to get them all on the roof. So, we went from German solar panel 315 Watts to a LG 335 Watts, which really helped. Both JP and Bailey were helpful. We still haven’t got anything installed yet, but I know they are still working on the permits. Overall, they treat you like family. There was a lot of things out of their control which they could not do much about. But, they try to keep you informed.

Zenernet response

Hey Gordon - sorry to hear about the difficulties with enrollment. Illinois is a challenging market, and we appreciate your patience. Thanks for working with us - we're certainly motivated to deliver the best customer experience in solar, and it means a lot that you noticed that!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Very positive experience dealing with Heather. She explained product and company very well. The Information that she presented was very clear. I was told that she would call me at 11am and I did receive a phone call at that time. I truly appreciated that since my time is very valuable. Heather is a very positive and through person. I still have 2 other proposals that I will be looking at until I make my final decision as to whom I will go with. Heather asked me if she could follow up with me after reviewing these proposals. She said they would never want to lose a potential customer if it were due to cost. I was very impressed with her professionalism and willingness to follow up with me. Thank you Heather!

Zenernet response

Great to hear Marcos - best of luck with your decision and let us know if there's any way we can help!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Thinking green, we wanted to go to an alternative power source and have always thought about either geothermal or solar energy. We decided to go with solar, and we're very happy with it. We found Zenernet on the internet and saw that it was among the top five solar companies. Their people came out and did a bunch of surveys. Since they were at the same latitude as we are and are out of Kansas, we were very impressed with the company. And that was another reason why we went with them.

We got the solar put in in mid-February, and so far, I love the service. You can’t see the solar panels when you look at the front of our house, so it wouldn’t detract from our curb appeal. Some people are worried about that, which I was not, but it’s nice that it’s out of view. It does make things nicer. Everything has been really good, and Zenernet's people have been following up well. They suggested an app on my phone that allows me to track my solar usage per day, so I can see for each day how well I’m doing. And I use the app almost every day.

We were on equal pay with Westar Energy here in Topeka. So, we were still paying for our winter usage. I called, and Westar paid that off so we could really start seeing the results of our system. Under equal pay, we were paying about $175 a month. Then, our system here, altogether installed, is running us about $133 a month. So when we got our first real bill from Westar Energy, we had gone from $175 to $29. The second month, it was $130 because of the clear days and the sunshine. We’re saving probably $145, and it’s costing $133, so we’re doing better. And the system is basically paying for itself.

Zenernet response

Hey Paul - glad to hear you're happy with your experience! Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we're thrilled we were able to work together to make your home more efficient and green.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I was clicking around and filled out some form online, which led one solar energy company to me. Their guy started reaching out to me and kept sending me stuff, so finally, I let them show me what they can do. He came and he had a proposal. I then thought that solar might just be economically feasible but I wasn't gonna go with only one guy's bid. So, I went next door and asked people about solar and got some names. Zenernet was one, and then I also looked online. I ended up getting three additional bids, which were all way more than the first guy that had been hounding me. They were all very much in line with one another, though, so I felt that the first guy was trying to get me to sign in.

All three of those that I reached out to were much more detailed. They knew exactly what panels they were using. I also learned about inverters. I would have gladly went with any one of them. Greg from Zenernet was very good and his presentation was as detailed and honest as the others. But ultimately, I went with a different company because they had a few more years in the market.

Zenernet response

Hi Gena - we're glad you enjoyed your experience working with us. Congrats on going solar!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

There is very little communication with the Zenernet team, I have to chase your people and still there is no answer. Your agents appear to be so busy that they forget about those of us that are in the process. We are at risk of losing the energy credit from APS due to your lack of follow up and work. I have a contact person at APS ready to speed our application but Zenernet has not even submitted the forms to APS!

Zenernet response

Hi Julian - thanks for your feedback. We apologize for the lack of communication and appreciate your understanding when you spoke with our leadership today. We look forward to getting your project completed and earning an improved rating!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Great customer service. Very friendly and educated on the subject manner. The online demonstration was easy to understand and very helpful in education me on solar systems. Would recommend to others interested in solar. Thank you for all of your help.

Zenernet response

Great to hear Tom - glad we were able to help! Thanks for working with us.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Greg was great to work with. He tailored the system to our needs and wasn't pushy. I received quotes from local installers but Zenernet ended up with the best price and best warranties. Very happy with the whole process! They even went the extra mile to install an EV outlet for us at a very reasonable price. Every one at Zenernet was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Zenernet response

Great to hear John - glad your experience with us was so positive. It's important to us to be knowledgeable, competitive on pricing, and pressure-free. Thanks for working with us!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The proposal was written by Zenernet, but was handed off to a 3rd party installer. When my questions came up, it was unknown who was responsible to answer, installer or sales staff. The install was finally completed, with a couple of glitches that were quickly corrected by the installer. The use of Buildertrend application to determine project progress was lacking, I believe because of the 2 different companies involved. The communication lines fell thru the cracks in the hand-off.

Zenernet response

Hi Jeffrey - thanks for your feedback. For future reference, although we use trusted installation partners, we manage all customer communications and will have answers to any questions related to ongoing projects. We're working on improving our lines of communication after the sale. Glad to hear your installation was completed successfully - thanks for working with us!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I went to about 10 solar companies and Zenernet's price was very reasonable. All the people were cording the same panels and it seemed their price was preferential. It was easy enrolling and getting everything set up with them. The rep walked me through the whole process, did most of the stuff, and handled it good. It was quick. The installers were very knowledgeable and they came up and knocked it out in three days. It has been producing solar energy for a year now and I feel good about the decision of going solar. I’m in California and we have tiered energy systems. So, my goal was to stay out of the top two tiers, and it has been working out well.

Zenernet response

Thanks Abe! We do our best to offer extremely competitive pricing on the best solar equipment available. Great to hear that your experience with us was smooth and enjoyable from consultation through installation. Congratulations on going solar, and thanks for your business!

Zenernet Company Information