2. Solar Energy
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.81/5

Zenernet helps homeowners get a better deal on energy and take charge of how they power their lives. Cut expenses, lock in a better rate on energy, and gain independence from your utility company with Zenernet. The business prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, ensuring your solar investment supports your local area.

Zenernet’s low-pressure customer experience starts with an in-depth, virtual consultation to educate homeowners on solar. An expert energy consultant answers all your questions about solar and helps you design a customized system — all from the comfort of your home.

BOTTOM LINE

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

PROS

• Fully virtual consultation
  • Installation performed by local techs
  • Modular pricing model

CONS

• Does not give instant quotes
  • Not available nationwide

Top Zenernet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. I would recommend them to anybody looking for more info on solar as they are a top notch and respectable company...

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forward to correspondence with Zenernet in the future.

Zenernet Call Now Toll Free (913) 303-8908 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet’s mission is to accelerate energy independence for all. It aims to make solar power and other forms of energy technology more practical and affordable for more people. Zenernet focuses on transparency, convenience and competitive pricing. The company works with you to give you a comprehensive understanding of the energy you use and how it’s produced and come away with a plan to optimize your energy use for greater savings, efficiency and independence.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet’s Preferred Installer Network uses experienced, highly rated local installers to complete its projects, which supports local small businesses and gives the customer a personalized experience. Using Zenernet lets some of your solar investment stays local, and the company manages all processes and scheduling. Zenernet’s installers carry all necessary permits, licenses and insurance policies.

Zenernet warranties

Zenernet offers comprehensive workmanship warranties in lengths of 10, 20 or 25 years, which lets you choose the coverage level that makes sense for you. Zenernet’s warranties cover your entire system and roof and serve as an extension of the manufacturers’ warranties included with your system components.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
Zenernet has access to nearly any solar panel available on the market. During the consultation process, the company seeks to understand your priorities and recommend a panel that fits your needs. Zenernet offers panels in a variety of wattages and designs and from multiple manufacturers.
Where is Zenernet available?
Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
Zenernet includes standard solar production and consumption monitoring with each system. Zenernet also offers additional monitoring options, including Sense, a smart home technology application that allows consumption monitoring down to individual devices and appliances.
Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
Zenernet offers many energy storage and backup power options, including home batteries and generators.
What other products does Zenernet offer?
Zenernet also offers Electrical Vehicle chargers (EV chargers).

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes. We recommend Zenernet because of its wide range of solutions for homeowners seeking an alternative to traditional utilities and their high costs. Zenernet provides an excellent customer experience, and it offers a variety of helpful features, including modular pricing and a fully remote virtual consultation coupled with a local-touch installation experience.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

We had spoken with a few other companies and Zenernet leaned better into what we were looking for. Gave us more advice than the other ones gave us and was very upfront with all the costs and everything else. They were very truthful from the very beginning. So, we had no problem saying yes to Zenernet as far as putting the solar on our home. We don't have the installation done yet. We're still waiting on one permit to come through. Everything else has all been taken care of. I had just gotten a call yesterday from Zenernet to let us know what was going on. We get regular emails and they call us. When we went into it, we had telecommunication where we could speak and see each other and that was a very interesting experience because you knew who you were talking to. It wasn’t just a voice.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

When I decided to go solar I started accumulating proposals and putting them all together in a spread sheet. I had found Zenernet and my assigned rep is Robert. Seriously this guy was SO helpful. I was friendly and personable and answered any questions I could throw at him. And believe me, I asked A LOT of questions. In the end it was between Zenernet and another company and Robert won me over with his straightforward nature and made me feel like I will be taken care of throughout this adventure. Excited to move forward and save $ with sunshine! Thanks Robert!

Zenernet response

That's awesome, Brenda! We're always here to answer any questions you may have. There's no such thing as asking too many questions - we want you to feel completely confident in making decisions about solar. Congratulations on going solar!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Mike took us through the whole process online showing the roof of our house and where the best place is to put the panels. He answered all of my questions of which there were many. He compared cost and gave us a proposal that would fit in our budget. He was just awesome and it was done all from the comfort of our home. He sends an invitation to your email so that you can see what he is seeing on his program. It is super cool. Thanks Mike for your time and professionalism.

Zenernet response

Thank you for your review, Joanie! We're very proud of our fully remote processes and we're glad you enjoyed the bonus of the convenience and comfort aspects. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Just bought a new house. Before we even were on the market, we knew we were going to "go solar". I started re-searching, and by process of very quick elimination, Zenernet appeared to by the most highly regarded for Customer Service...which is the KEY factor for me. Lots of Solar Companies out there....one in particular...I left my information, and received a non-stop barrage of no less than 18 phone calls from the same number within an 18 hour period. Not with Mike. I received a very kind text and email, asking when a good time would be, we set up the consultation, it popped onto my calendar, and boom.

If Mike is any indication of the experience I expect to have with the rest of the team, this is going to be a great experience. He designed the panel layout right in front of me after analyzing my bills, usage, house/roof design and some facts I had sent him via Text and email. He asked a few more questions for clarity, and the whole while, I felt like I was talking to somebody who genuinely enjoyed what he was doing, and could read my situation, and prescribed the exact solution I didn't quite know I was looking for....but made 100% perfect sense. The tool that estimates the sun pattern year round on your roof was truly a surprise, and it turned out we do not need to plaster every square inch of the roof with panels. Just 22, in two different key locations.

If this is just the first step, then BRAVO to Zenernet, and THANK YOU Mike for making that fun, painless, and without ONE SINGLE OUNCE of that "salesy" schmarm. Genuine. We bonded over foster dogs, drums, but the entire session was driven by the solution he created for me on the shared screen. Now I just have to present the very easy to consume proposal to my wife, and with the exciting incentives ending at the end of August, and year end, I think it's going to be a pretty clear cut decision. 5 Star without a doubt!

Zenernet response

Thank you for leaving such an elaborate review, Ron! We are pleased to hear your noticed our favorable customer reviews - we take pride in providing our customers with the best customer experience in solar. We are very lucky to have such talented energy experts like Mike and we're happy you've enjoyed working with him and the rest of our team so far. It's great to hear you are taking advantage of the ITC incentive. We're looking forward to helping you gain energy independence - let us know if you need anything at any time!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I was looking at solar companies. I interviewed Zenernet, and I interviewed the big boys in the industry, SunPower as well. I had reached out to a couple other companies locally. But those two companies hadn't responded to me in time. The toss-up between SunPower and Zenernet, they both had really impressive interviews and knew their stuff. I know a lot about solar ‘cause I already have solar on my house. I was just adding my system.

Zenernet understood what I was trying to get at, way better, and we were able to immediately talk details, whereas the SunPower guy had his, like, sales spiel that he was used to giving people. He wouldn't really deviate from them, and that turned me off a little bit. The proposal was like $6,000 cheaper for Zenernet. So, it was significant.

The signing up was easy, getting everything done through DocuSign. My process right now is a little incomplete. They've been very responsive to my emails. Because of my existing system, we were having difficulty tracking down the approved permit documents, which were at the city. I got them installed a few years ago. So, I tried, and Zenernet is now trying with their third-party installer. The process, now that we're signed up, and they've gotten me the drawings, and they're just working to pull the permit, it's taking a little longer than I'd like. I've had to push them a few times. But as a civil engineer, I'm very proactive, anyway, with stuff like this, and I'm on them more than they probably expect. But I'm ready to like get the system installed and up and running.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear our experience stood out, Pete. Our consultants are experts in solar and our prices are extremely competitive. Thanks for working with us!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

We had a consultation with Zenernet. They reached out and the representative looked at our configuration. He said that it doesn't make sense for our house to get solar panels and that it's going to be a lot more expensive than what we want. He was very honest. We didn't end up using them.

Zenernet response

Thanks for leaving us a review, Andrew! At Zenernet, we'll never pressure you into going solar - especially if it doesn't make sense for you or your home. We're glad you picked up on your energy consultant's transparency and no-pressure approach.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I love Zenernet. I looked into five or six different companies and they were the only ones that I felt comfortable with. They were honest, very low pressure and very personable. I really liked them. At first, they told me that it was going to be a high return. Then they came back with more accurate readings and let us get out of the contract. I was really upset. They came back to apologize and with more realistic figures. We ended up going back with them. They're super accommodating and the experience is great so far.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The pricing from solar companies was based on the size of the unit that was installed and Zenernet was about a penny or so better than their closest competitors. Mike, the original sales rep, was excellent. I'm now trying to do a virtual tour and we're having problems with the link so they have an individual working on it today. Also, I sent them some information the other day, and apparently, they didn't receive it and I’d like to get this resolved.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

The representatives with Zenernet try to sell the product and they promise everything, but then they don't deliver it. They have not been able to complete the home inspection. The city has to do it and they have not done that yet. It was installed in November and we are now in January. Now, I have to recontact them that I'm still getting electrical bills, even after the time that they installed the system, and the bill is what it usually is. I'm waiting for them to finish their service so I can finish paying them.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

My initial contact with the salesperson, Mike, was outstanding and I went to Zenernet because of him and my experience with him. He was phenomenal. It felt like talking to an old buddy and he did his job. But once I agreed and started moving through the paperwork process, Zenernet seemed to drop the ball. The next person, who was the project manager, didn't meet my expectations and things got delayed. They were supposed to do their job and they didn't do it the way I expected it to be done or I wished it was done.

I went back to Mike and asked what was going on. He addressed it right away. He didn’t have to do that but he brought it to the attention of his superiors. They got the vice president of sales and a bunch of other people involved. They got on top of it and they got it handled so I'm a big customer service person. They were very attentive and addressed every need. They agreed that their performance was unsatisfactory. They did everything in their part to address the issues and I couldn't complain other than the delays. I'm still moving through the process with Zenernet. I'm waiting for the permit to come through for the panel and things have been taking a lot longer than I anticipated and hoped for. But it’s out of their hands now. It’s with my town and however long they feel like taking.

Zenernet Company Information