4.6/5 (212 ratings)

About Zenernet

Zenernet is on a mission to accelerate energy independence for all. The company prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, and Zenernet stays in touch after install as a trusted partner to address changes in homeowners’ energy needs.

Pros

• Fully virtual consultation
    • Installation performed by local techs
    • Modular pricing model

Cons

• Not available nationwide

Bottom Line

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

Top Zenernet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. I wo...

Verified

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forwa...

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet’s mission is to accelerate energy independence for all. It aims to make solar power and other forms of energy technology more practical and affordable for more people. Zenernet focuses on transparency, convenience and competitive pricing. The company works with you to give you a comprehensive understanding of the energy you use and how it’s produced and come away with a plan to optimize your energy use for greater savings, efficiency and independence.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet’s Preferred Installer Network uses experienced, highly rated local installers to complete its projects, which supports local small businesses and gives the customer a personalized experience. Using Zenernet lets some of your solar investment stays local, and the company manages all processes and scheduling. Zenernet’s installers carry all necessary permits, licenses and insurance policies.

Zenernet warranties

Zenernet offers comprehensive workmanship warranties in lengths of 10, 20 or 25 years, which lets you choose the coverage level that makes sense for you. Zenernet’s warranties cover your entire system and roof and serve as an extension of the manufacturers’ warranties included with your system components.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
    Zenernet has access to nearly any solar panel available on the market. During the consultation process, the company seeks to understand your priorities and recommend a panel that fits your needs. Zenernet offers panels in a variety of wattages and designs and from multiple manufacturers.
    Where is Zenernet available?
    Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
    Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
    Zenernet includes standard solar production and consumption monitoring with each system. Zenernet also offers additional monitoring options, including Sense, a smart home technology application that allows consumption monitoring down to individual devices and appliances.
    Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
    Zenernet offers many energy storage and backup power options, including home batteries and generators.
    What other products does Zenernet offer?
    Zenernet also offers Electrical Vehicle chargers (EV chargers).

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes. We recommend Zenernet because of its wide range of solutions for homeowners seeking an alternative to traditional utilities and their high costs. Zenernet provides an excellent customer experience, and it offers a variety of helpful features, including modular pricing and a fully remote virtual consultation coupled with a local-touch installation experience.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I signed into Zenernet for 14 Roof Solar Panels in early January of 2022 and finally finished it this month just now Although panels were installed in March, but many problems from subpanel upgrade, inverter malfunctions, and EV changer connection problems all happened and the first two project managers essentially avoid to help me due to those problems were so complicated. There is one time my laundry dryer lost electricity for 2 weeks during the subpanel upgrading, and the project manager didn't care and just left me suffering from it. The last step of EV charger setup took 3 month still can't find a end. I thought it may never have an end and almost collapsed my hope and totally lost my trust to the Zenernet.

The only good system of this company is its customer service department, their staffs truly help. They finally send their best Manager Bill ** to me to solve this problem. Bill is very different from the other project managers - he is a very honest person, after a careful review of my case, he contacted me and the installation company, figured out the problem, and made an appointment for the installer to talk to the EV Charger company's tech support, get the problem solved nicely. Bill's friendly manner, always keep his promise to help, and his integrity towards challengers, impressed me very much. Bill's help, restored my trust to the Zenernet and now I can say Zenernet is not a bad solar company. Thanks to Bill and all other customer service staffs, they are the true work horse for this company. I wish Zenernet give me a better rating system: for the other Project managers, rating is 1 star, for customer services and Bill **, they are 5 Stars!

Zenernet response

Hello. Thanks for your thoughtful and honest feedback. It's not a secret that we have gone through some internal changes this year as we restructure our project operations and customer service departments to give customers the experience they deserve - unfortunately that inevitably led to some turnover because not everyone was prepared to work hard enough to meet our standards. Thanks for sticking with us through the bumps in the road.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Have to start off with, I have been super skeptical with the solar companies and their sales people for a long time. Have heard too many horror stories from friends, co-workers and acquaintances being disappointed, dissatisfied and basically lied to about what they were getting when signing up for solar power. With that said, I began my search to find an honest solar company, as well as educate myself about the in and outs of going solar. After looking at a lot of the big companies I did a random Google search: Best Solar companies in Central California and I stumbled across Zenernet. Never heard of them, but they were rated #1 by customer reviews, so I checked them out.

Glad I did!!! I received my call from one of Zenernet's sales/solar designers, McKinley **. She was so pleasant, willing to answer all my questions...and I had a lot of questions throughout our discussions, lol. She designed a system that was specific to my needs for power, making sure I would maximize the benefits switching to solar on my specific property. The price was exceptional and now I am hopeful and confident the rest of this process will continue to be the same. Thank you, McKinley...You have been awesome!!!

Zenernet response

Thank YOU, Gary. We're excited to have this chance to work with you and show you what makes us different.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I already used Zenernet last year for my solar. And this year I decided I would like a battery I don’t know why I didn’t just call them. I guess because I got some emails from another company so I just followed up with them. The customer service was horrendous and three months later really nothing it happened. Anyway I decided to get back to Zenernet since I had such a good experience with the solar panels.

Emily answered the phone early in the morning. She sent my information to the same man who sold me the solar which was extremely ethical of her. And then I asked her if she could advise me on how I could get out of the contract I was in legally and she was very informative and helpful. Turns out the company that I originally signed up with was going to sell me something that would have avoided my warranty with my solar panels. They didn’t even ask me the proper questions to find out what I needed. I’m so glad I’m now working with Zenernet again. And only sad that I’m not working with Emily but it was really good of her to refer me back to my primary person.

Zenernet response

Hello Elizabeth. We're so glad to hear that we could help you avoid a bad situation here. Thanks for your trust in us and for taking the time to leave us this review.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Jack is the best sales person I talked to on our solar project. He is very knowledgably, patient, and willing to work with us with transparency and honesty. We're able to talk through all the aspect of a solar project including equipment, warranty, price, project timeline and etc. Jack never pushes for a sale, instead, he listens to us and tries his best to get a best solution for both customers and the company.

At this point, we're still considering multiple quotes due to the highly competitive market and aspects that Jack has less control. So I'm not qualified to give feedback on the project as well as the whole company. But I can't wait to leave a good review for Jack because of his great attitude and communication with us. This does reflect that the company is taking serious by acquiring awesome employees even though there're some negative recent reviews on Google (possibly due to supply chain issues faced by the whole industry). Big PRO to Jack. I will live a much happier life if all sales people are as professional as Jack!

Zenernet response

Thanks very much for your review. We fully endorse homeowners shopping around and getting lots of quotes so they can make a final decision they feel good about. Let us know if there are any other questions we can answer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We called four top-rated companies and asked for estimates. After that, we looked at the installation companies that they all contract out. We also looked at the financing organizations that financed all the deals. After we factored those, Zenernet came up on top. We did that virtual home visit, so I ran around and took pictures of the electrical panel, the roof, the attic, and all that stuff that they asked for. Then I didn't hear back from them for a week, so last week, I contacted our concierge as well as our contact person and asked them to give me a status update. I'd like to at least be informed on a weekly basis about the progress of the project and they haven't reached out and done that.

They gave me some contact people, which is good. But the downside is we'd like to know where the project is. They said the next thing that's probably going to happen, may happen at the end of this week, and I might not have heard back a couple of weeks. They’re still evaluating our electrical so they can come out and do the site visit. We're still waiting.

Zenernet response

Hello Howard! It's great to see that we could win your business after you did such thorough research. We'll make sure that your project coordinator and our operations team keep you in the loop about every step in the process going forward.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Alfredo was super thorough going through all the different roof options and answering all my questions. He walked through all the trade-offs and provided the best solution for our home. Thank you so much! I feel much more informed about Solar.

Zenernet response

Great to hear that you came away from the conversation feeling so much more informed, thanks for reviewing.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Very professional and knowledgeable. Response are clear and easy to understand. Also very polite and respectful. I am definitely willing to work with him and hopefully accomplish my objectives. Thanks for your help and assistance. I hope to work with him on this project for my house.

Zenernet response

Thanks very much, Jose. We're looking forward to working with you, please get in touch if you have any more questions.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Thank you for providing all the information and answering my questions. I really enjoyed Rick answering all of my questions, providing updates to the proposal and following up with the finance team. Thank you.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your time and for leaving us your feedback, Michael.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Just spoke with David. He was very informative and professional. He answered all of my questions and was able to give me a quote customized to my needs. He is waiting on me to send some additional pictures of my electrical panels to asses them so I can take all costs into consideration.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your review, Ricardo.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Have been very helpful. He reviewed my bill and gave me information. I am now going to do my analysis and decide next step. I will be comparing quotes from other vendors but will only pick reputable vendors. This is a important decision and time are getting very challenging.

Zenernet response

We understand this is an important decision, and we highly encourage homeowners to get multiple proposals. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Zenernet energy consultant at any time if you have questions as you shop around. Thanks for taking time to leave us a review!

Zenernet Company Information