2. Solar Energy
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.43/5

Zenernet is leading the charge in energy independence by helping customers go solar. It uses best-in-class panels and hardware, offers strong warranties and provides sleek designs that look great on your home. Education is also a key part of the Zenernet experience, so you can take advantage of its no-pressure solar consultations to learn more. Its prices are competitive and transparent, so you won't waste your time haggling.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zenernet offers a full range of solar energy systems and financing options to make renewable energy available to anyone. It also educates its customers on solar energy’s advantages and long-term savings.

PROS

• User-friendly homeowner portal
  • Matches any home style
  • 25-year warranty

CONS

• Does not give instant quotes
  • Not available nationwide

Top Zenernet Reviews

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. …

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forward to correspondence with Zenernet in the future.

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet is an experienced solar energy company that installs complete solar energy systems and connects them to the local power grid. The company’s systems include Tier 1 solar panels, the most efficient inverters available and monitoring tools that help you maximize your energy savings.

Because renewable energy is unfamiliar to many people, Zenernet focuses on education and demonstrates to customers how they can benefit from switching to solar. Zenernet also gives quotes and pricing without using high-pressure sales tactics.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet installs solar energy systems across the United States, usually in as few as 60 to 75 days. It also obtains all the necessary permits and authorizations from your local utility company. The company’s preferred local installers are licensed, insured and certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, which is the most widely recognized certification provider for renewable energy professionals in the United States.

Zenernet warranty

Zenernet offers a 25-year warranty designed to eliminate the risk of going solar. The warranty covers every part of the solar energy system, including components like panels, inverters and mountings. Zenernet’s warranty also covers system performance and any damage to your roof that occurs during installation.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
Zenernet offers Tier 1 solar panels with sleek, black-on-black colorways and the most efficient inverters on the market. Tier 1 status means that Zenernet’s products score well on criteria like technical performance and durability.
Where is Zenernet available?
Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
Yes. In addition to standard solar monitoring, Zenernet partners with Sense to integrate smart home technology with each solar system. This lets you monitor your energy usage to get more value from your solar power system.
Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
Yes, Zenernet does have a battery system available to those who wish to add one to their solar energy system.

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes, we recommend Zenernet because the company offers a full range of solar energy systems and educates its customers about how solar power can help them save money in the long term. Zenernet’s financing options make it a good fit for customers on a budget, and consumers looking for long-term reliability should enjoy its 25-year warranty on system components and performance.

Zenernet Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Their engineering part, the project manager, was actually the best experience that I had among the five companies that I reached out to. So, were very good. They had the tools. I was able to do a screen share. And the project manager was able to design the system right in front of me, which was nice because I kept changing the panels on them, with the quality of the panels. He was spot-on with a couple of things that he saw on the map. He was thorough and to the point, and very pleasant to work with.

They had high-quality materials. They had the LG panels, which are the latest ones. Everything sounded great. He even showed me the quality of the attachment on the roof were also topnotch. He did a great job, and no pressure tactics. The only problem was, their installer was a local company. On the other side, I had an option to a turnkey with a local company here that's been around for a long time, and the price was not an issue. The price was good and competitive. The only thing is that installer wasn’t topnotch.

So, there's a couple of drawback with that. If something happens, I know I have to go back to Zenernet. And they have great customer support and reviews. But it was just less of a hassle with everything and the permits in New York to go with one company that does it all for you. And since the price was comparable and the system was comparable, I said, “You know what? Let me just go with that other company.” But if I was gonna go with a national one, I would have gone with them.

Zenernet response

Great to hear Sal! Glad we were able to give you a great experience from the sale through the installation.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I wanted to go solar five years ago, but I had someone come out and say it would cost me $150,000 and that would only cover a third of my electricity. So, I said I was not interested. Now, the price has gone down. I went taking to 15 different solar companies and I knew Zenernet was an up-and-coming internet company and everybody seemed motivated. Enrolling with them, however, has been quite difficult, but not due to their issues. The state of Illinois started doing solar this year, and it blown like the wildfires in California.

I worked with Ryan who did an outstanding job and he answered my questions. There was a lot of issues with going solar for me because the secondary party they go to do the drawings were really slow. I started the process back in June, and it looks like I may finally get my solar on December 4th or 5th. I had several online things with their president, JP, going over stuff too. I also dealt largely with Bailey, the project manager. Again, things went slowly, but it was also not due to their fault.

I had several changes being done. One of the major changes was going with different solar panels because we didn’t want to put any solar panels on the ground. We wanted to try to get them all on the roof. So, we went from German solar panel 315 Watts to a LG 335 Watts, which really helped. Both JP and Bailey were helpful. We still haven’t got anything installed yet, but I know they are still working on the permits. Overall, they treat you like family. There was a lot of things out of their control which they could not do much about. But, they try to keep you informed.

Zenernet response

Hey Gordon - sorry to hear about the difficulties with enrollment. Illinois is a challenging market, and we appreciate your patience. Thanks for working with us - we're certainly motivated to deliver the best customer experience in solar, and it means a lot that you noticed that!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Very positive experience dealing with Heather. She explained product and company very well. The Information that she presented was very clear. I was told that she would call me at 11am and I did receive a phone call at that time. I truly appreciated that since my time is very valuable. Heather is a very positive and through person. I still have 2 other proposals that I will be looking at until I make my final decision as to whom I will go with. Heather asked me if she could follow up with me after reviewing these proposals. She said they would never want to lose a potential customer if it were due to cost. I was very impressed with her professionalism and willingness to follow up with me. Thank you Heather!

Zenernet response

Great to hear Marcos - best of luck with your decision and let us know if there's any way we can help!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Thinking green, we wanted to go to an alternative power source and have always thought about either geothermal or solar energy. We decided to go with solar, and we're very happy with it. We found Zenernet on the internet and saw that it was among the top five solar companies. Their people came out and did a bunch of surveys. Since they were at the same latitude as we are and are out of Kansas, we were very impressed with the company. And that was another reason why we went with them.

We got the solar put in in mid-February, and so far, I love the service. You can’t see the solar panels when you look at the front of our house, so it wouldn’t detract from our curb appeal. Some people are worried about that, which I was not, but it’s nice that it’s out of view. It does make things nicer. Everything has been really good, and Zenernet's people have been following up well. They suggested an app on my phone that allows me to track my solar usage per day, so I can see for each day how well I’m doing. And I use the app almost every day.

We were on equal pay with Westar Energy here in Topeka. So, we were still paying for our winter usage. I called, and Westar paid that off so we could really start seeing the results of our system. Under equal pay, we were paying about $175 a month. Then, our system here, altogether installed, is running us about $133 a month. So when we got our first real bill from Westar Energy, we had gone from $175 to $29. The second month, it was $130 because of the clear days and the sunshine. We’re saving probably $145, and it’s costing $133, so we’re doing better. And the system is basically paying for itself.

Zenernet response

Hey Paul - glad to hear you're happy with your experience! Our mission is to Accelerate Energy Independence for All, and we're thrilled we were able to work together to make your home more efficient and green.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I was clicking around and filled out some form online, which led one solar energy company to me. Their guy started reaching out to me and kept sending me stuff, so finally, I let them show me what they can do. He came and he had a proposal. I then thought that solar might just be economically feasible but I wasn't gonna go with only one guy's bid. So, I went next door and asked people about solar and got some names. Zenernet was one, and then I also looked online. I ended up getting three additional bids, which were all way more than the first guy that had been hounding me. They were all very much in line with one another, though, so I felt that the first guy was trying to get me to sign in.

All three of those that I reached out to were much more detailed. They knew exactly what panels they were using. I also learned about inverters. I would have gladly went with any one of them. Greg from Zenernet was very good and his presentation was as detailed and honest as the others. But ultimately, I went with a different company because they had a few more years in the market.

Zenernet response

Hi Gena - we're glad you enjoyed your experience working with us. Congrats on going solar!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: March 31, 2020

Did a great job at explaining about the company and what they offer. He was not aggressive in focusing me to go with the company. Encourage me to look around and compare. But was very confident that his company was the best.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Even before we were thinking of getting solar, we decided not to go with Zenernet. The person who was in touch with us said he can only do video calls for which we said okay. And then he did not even call us at the right time and said he would call in another 30 minutes. We have not been notified about the time change. And we did not feel quite good in proceeding further as we felt it is not good at all at the initial stage itself.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Excellent customer service. Mr. Greg has hospitality. Customer Service, every time when I ask about solar panels installation questions he was very quick answered. He is very good high quality customer service and professional. Solar energy industrial with Zenernet. I feels very warmer and appreciate!! Phillip **

Original review: March 4, 2020

My experience with Zenernet Solar started positively. Heather was quite perceptive and explained the process to me and answered my questions. However, things started going downhill when I started interacting with David, the operations manager. First, my installed panels failed inspection on January 6 (they were installed in December). The next inspection was scheduled on January 29, which passed. However, Zenernet did not send my signed agreement to PG&E until February 20th. David was aware of my frustration over the first delay, yet he did not lift the finger to bother to send my signed agreement to PG&E until three weeks later! I cannot recommend Zenernet to anyone. My experience with this company has been horrible. It has been full of delay and incompetence.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Spoke by phone with Heather regarding wisdom of installing solar panels on my home. Although we opted not to go forward with our plan, Heather was very professional, friendly, and informative about the topic. Very upbeat personality! She offered no high pressure sales and was understanding as to our reasoning for declining to pursue “solar.”

Zenernet Company Information