4.5/5 (147 ratings)

About Zenernet

Zenernet is on a mission to accelerate energy independence for all. The company prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, and Zenernet stays in touch after install as a trusted partner to address changes in homeowners’ energy needs.

Pros

• Fully virtual consultation
    • Installation performed by local techs
    • Modular pricing model

Cons

• Not available nationwide

Bottom Line

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

Top Zenernet Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. I wo...

Verified

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forwa...

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet’s mission is to accelerate energy independence for all. It aims to make solar power and other forms of energy technology more practical and affordable for more people. Zenernet focuses on transparency, convenience and competitive pricing. The company works with you to give you a comprehensive understanding of the energy you use and how it’s produced and come away with a plan to optimize your energy use for greater savings, efficiency and independence.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet’s Preferred Installer Network uses experienced, highly rated local installers to complete its projects, which supports local small businesses and gives the customer a personalized experience. Using Zenernet lets some of your solar investment stays local, and the company manages all processes and scheduling. Zenernet’s installers carry all necessary permits, licenses and insurance policies.

Zenernet warranties

Zenernet offers comprehensive workmanship warranties in lengths of 10, 20 or 25 years, which lets you choose the coverage level that makes sense for you. Zenernet’s warranties cover your entire system and roof and serve as an extension of the manufacturers’ warranties included with your system components.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
    Zenernet has access to nearly any solar panel available on the market. During the consultation process, the company seeks to understand your priorities and recommend a panel that fits your needs. Zenernet offers panels in a variety of wattages and designs and from multiple manufacturers.
    Where is Zenernet available?
    Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
    Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
    Zenernet includes standard solar production and consumption monitoring with each system. Zenernet also offers additional monitoring options, including Sense, a smart home technology application that allows consumption monitoring down to individual devices and appliances.
    Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
    Zenernet offers many energy storage and backup power options, including home batteries and generators.
    What other products does Zenernet offer?
    Zenernet also offers Electrical Vehicle chargers (EV chargers).

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes. We recommend Zenernet because of its wide range of solutions for homeowners seeking an alternative to traditional utilities and their high costs. Zenernet provides an excellent customer experience, and it offers a variety of helpful features, including modular pricing and a fully remote virtual consultation coupled with a local-touch installation experience.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: April 2, 2022

Jack is the best sales person I talked to on our solar project. He is very knowledgably, patient, and willing to work with us with transparency and honesty. We're able to talk through all the aspect of a solar project including equipment, warranty, price, project timeline and etc. Jack never pushes for a sale, instead, he listens to us and tries his best to get a best solution for both customers and the company.

At this point, we're still considering multiple quotes due to the highly competitive market and aspects that Jack has less control. So I'm not qualified to give feedback on the project as well as the whole company. But I can't wait to leave a good review for Jack because of his great attitude and communication with us. This does reflect that the company is taking serious by acquiring awesome employees even though there're some negative recent reviews on Google (possibly due to supply chain issues faced by the whole industry). Big PRO to Jack. I will live a much happier life if all sales people are as professional as Jack!

Zenernet response

Thanks very much for your review. We fully endorse homeowners shopping around and getting lots of quotes so they can make a final decision they feel good about. Let us know if there are any other questions we can answer.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We called four top-rated companies and asked for estimates. After that, we looked at the installation companies that they all contract out. We also looked at the financing organizations that financed all the deals. After we factored those, Zenernet came up on top. We did that virtual home visit, so I ran around and took pictures of the electrical panel, the roof, the attic, and all that stuff that they asked for. Then I didn't hear back from them for a week, so last week, I contacted our concierge as well as our contact person and asked them to give me a status update. I'd like to at least be informed on a weekly basis about the progress of the project and they haven't reached out and done that.

They gave me some contact people, which is good. But the downside is we'd like to know where the project is. They said the next thing that's probably going to happen, may happen at the end of this week, and I might not have heard back a couple of weeks. They’re still evaluating our electrical so they can come out and do the site visit. We're still waiting.

Zenernet response

Hello Howard! It's great to see that we could win your business after you did such thorough research. We'll make sure that your project coordinator and our operations team keep you in the loop about every step in the process going forward.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

What I liked about Zenernet was there was no representative. I get everything online. I just put all my information in and that was a lot better than dealing with a salesperson. The website was fabulous. It’s a little confusing because I'm not used to doing that. But I figured it out. As far as everything, I sent in the pictures, everything of the electrical box, and everything that they asked for. They laid out a plan, sent me a thing, said that if I didn't like it, to let them know, and they would change it.

I only talked to a couple of people during the whole thing. One was the credit person and that was about three minutes because they wanted to verify who I was. Then I would just hit up people to come out. Having solar is interesting because I can see what each one of my utilities is doing because I can see the power is drawing. And with the battery backup, I think that’s great because I can notify Edison. I'm totally satisfied. I’ve recommended Zenernet to some friends.

Zenernet response

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our process, Albert! We are a tech-enabled company that aims to make the process of going solar as easy as we can for the homeowner. Thanks for leaving us a review.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I liked the professionalism that Zenernet showed. Brett was my rep and he was there the whole time checking in on me. He explained things in a way that I could understand even though I'm not an engineer. He didn't talk dumb to me or down to me. He was honest and caring but not in a condescending way. I'm a little bit sensitive to that kind of thing. He treated me like a human being. He also worked with the people and got me a 0.99% loan. Who wouldn't put in 100 solar panels when 80% of the project is paid for by somebody else's money at 0.99%?

We are at the engineering phase. When I get back in a few days, the engineers are going to come out and do the process then we go to the permitting phase then the construction. This is perfect timing because we're coming into monsoon which is the most destructive time of year. We're going to get all the paperwork done during this time then they can construct into August. The decision to go solar is great. I am hoping that the process will go smoothly, easily, and without too much heartburn.

Zenernet response
      That's awesome, Jennifer! We follow a knowledge-first approach here at Zenernet - we're glad that Brett did such a great job explaining the process of going solar to you. It is our priority to make this process as painless as we can for the homeowner and ensuring that you are well informed.

We look forward to getting your system up and running.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Someone on our street had Zenernet and he said he did an exhaustive search for six months before he chose it. He told me Zenernet was the least bad. We went with Zenernet and overall, they were a huge improvement over the company that we were initially going to go with. We're very happy with Taylor, the sales rep. She was very helpful and she answered all our questions.

My husband handled customer service mostly. I was happier than he was. We had to keep a watch on everything. Some of the follow-ups were disjointed because Zenernet is nationwide and they have people all over the place. One example is when it came time to pay the 80%, we tried to do it electronically and it wouldn't go through. We had to finally probe and found out that it was because the bank cannot take those kinds of transfers from a trust fund. It has to be a standard checking account. That was a small detail but it took a while to figure that out. Zenernet should have a little more attention to detail.

The other detail that we did not like was that we ended up sending a paper check. We FedExed it and the gal gave us the wrong address in Arizona. This girl is our project manager or the concierge and she didn't even know where the company is headquartered. She is newer to the company. Zenernet didn't get the check and it turned out the check was delivered somewhere else in the neighborhood. The company had moved. And instead of picking up the check, they returned it to us and we had to send another check.

Also, the engineering specs were initially not right. We sent photos for the engineers to draw up the specs for the panels. They had our box incorrectly placed. We had to be constantly on it to catch little details. There were also a couple of delays but they were very understandable. They had a delay because someone got COVID. There was another delay because the father of one of the local installers here in our area in California just passed away the night before. That aside, it all worked out. We had the installation yesterday and we were very happy with it and with the two members on that team.

My husband had to be there hands-on. In the garage, one of the connectors had to be on an inside wall. One of the team members was going to put something but the other guy came and he said, “No, it's an inside wall, it needs to be different.” An inspector that was supposed to come out and the local installer had requested yesterday in the PM. The inspector came at 8 o'clock in the morning as it was on his route. The inspection was delayed until next week. There's a little disconnect because there is no attention to detail. We have been using solar as of yesterday. But we're not going to have the new rates and connect it to our local power company until Tuesday.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Jon ** was very knowledgeable, professional, intelligent and courteous. His grasp of the presentation allowed him to mold it to my particular situation and objectives allowing him to answer many questions before they were asked. It was a pleasure interacting with him because one doesn't often encounter such aptitude to gently guide a potential client to a positive conclusion. Jon is an excellent representative for Zenernet.

Zenernet response

Thanks very much Bill, we'll never get tired of hearing about he positive experiences people have with our energy consultants.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Jack went over everything with me in great detail. Answered my question and gave me honest expectations for how the whole solar process would go. I'd recommend anyone interested in solar at least check out Zenernet. I am getting my project started soon.

Zenernet response

Thanks for your nice feedback, James. Check out our referral program to see how you can get rewarded if you do decide to recommend us to family and friends.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I had a wonderful and informative video call with McKinley the other day. She explained the benefits that going solar would provide for our home. She was somewhat new to her position at sales but has been in the industry for quite some time. She was a pleasure to converse with and I am putting her proposal at the forefront of the rest that I've received thus far.

Zenernet response

Thanks, Mark. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any more info we can provide that would be useful as you make your decision, we want you to have confidence in your choice.

Original review: May 20, 2022

The sales process was easy to understand and was accurately communicated. The permit submittal and engineering was impressive in its level of detail. The installation was high quality and done in a timely basis, two days start to finish. I am delighted with the monitoring portal.

Zenernet response

Excellent! Thanks for your review, and be sure to check out our referral program if you have any family and friends considering solar you might want to recommend us to.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Mark was knowledgeable and explained everything clearly. Went over my options, financing and rebates. I didn’t feel pressured at all. He was friendly and professional. When I said I needed to do some research with my HOA and advisor, he set up a follow up meeting so we could discuss any other questions that might arise. Great meeting.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear you found the talk informative and didn't feel pressured. Hope your follow-up meeting goes as well. Thanks for reviewing.

Zenernet Company Information