2. Solar Energy

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.66/5

Zenernet helps homeowners get a better deal on energy and take charge of how they power their lives. Cut expenses, lock in a better rate on energy, and gain independence from your utility company with Zenernet. The business prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, ensuring your solar investment supports your local area.

Zenernet’s low-pressure customer experience starts with an in-depth, virtual consultation to educate homeowners on solar. An expert energy consultant answers all your questions about solar and helps you design a customized system — all from the comfort of your home.

BOTTOM LINE

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

PROS
  • Fully virtual consultation
  • Installation performed by local techs
  • Modular pricing model
CONS
  • Does not give instant quotes
  • Not available nationwide

Top Zenernet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. I would recommend them to anybody looking for more info on solar as they are a top notch and respectable company...

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forward to correspondence with Zenernet in the future.

Zenernet Call Now Toll Free (913) 303-8908 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet’s mission is to accelerate energy independence for all. It aims to make solar power and other forms of energy technology more practical and affordable for more people. Zenernet focuses on transparency, convenience and competitive pricing. The company works with you to give you a comprehensive understanding of the energy you use and how it’s produced and come away with a plan to optimize your energy use for greater savings, efficiency and independence.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet’s Preferred Installer Network uses experienced, highly rated local installers to complete its projects, which supports local small businesses and gives the customer a personalized experience. Using Zenernet lets some of your solar investment stays local, and the company manages all processes and scheduling. Zenernet’s installers carry all necessary permits, licenses and insurance policies.

Zenernet warranties

Zenernet offers comprehensive workmanship warranties in lengths of 10, 20 or 25 years, which lets you choose the coverage level that makes sense for you. Zenernet’s warranties cover your entire system and roof and serve as an extension of the manufacturers’ warranties included with your system components.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
Zenernet has access to nearly any solar panel available on the market. During the consultation process, the company seeks to understand your priorities and recommend a panel that fits your needs. Zenernet offers panels in a variety of wattages and designs and from multiple manufacturers.
Where is Zenernet available?
Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
Zenernet includes standard solar production and consumption monitoring with each system. Zenernet also offers additional monitoring options, including Sense, a smart home technology application that allows consumption monitoring down to individual devices and appliances.
Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
Zenernet offers many energy storage and backup power options, including home batteries and generators.
What other products does Zenernet offer?
Zenernet also offers Electrical Vehicle chargers (EV chargers).

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes. We recommend Zenernet because of its wide range of solutions for homeowners seeking an alternative to traditional utilities and their high costs. Zenernet provides an excellent customer experience, and it offers a variety of helpful features, including modular pricing and a fully remote virtual consultation coupled with a local-touch installation experience.

Zenernet Reviews

Original review: April 15, 2021

I was interviewing several solar companies prior to making my decision to install at my home. Brett was very helpful, listened to my questions and gave me clear and concise answers. He was not pushy and did not try to upsell. Brett was available several times over a two week period when I had more questions. He had solutions to my concerns and was very caring and calm. I would recommend Zenernet as a reputable company based on my time with Brett.

Zenernet response

Thanks for the feedback Judy! You picked up on one of the things we take pride in here at Zenernet - our no-pressure approach. It is our top priority to educate the homeowner on solar while designing the best solution for your home. We're proud to have Brett on our team - we're glad that you were so impressed by him.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I don’t use a lot of electricity but I live in California and the last three years have been horrendous here. We’ve had fires where you couldn't see the sun because the smoke is so bad and pyres where you can't go outside. The heat goes along with that of 110 so I decided that it was time to get my air conditioner fixed. So I was looking and I kept looking, and Zenernet kept popping up. I called them and told them that I was interested.

The signing-up process was a long-drawn-out one. I took pictures and they were what they asked for. But they weren’t what they were expecting because I couldn't take a whole picture of the side of my house. I have a gate there so there was no way I can take a picture of the whole side of my house. I had to explain to them. I live in a two-story house and they wanted pictures of my attic and my beams. I'm 70 years old and I said that I was not going to take a chance climbing up on a ladder. Somebody should come do it. So, somebody came out and took pictures for them, which was the best thing. The customer service is good. I sent them some things they didn't receive but that's not their fault. It’s technology’s fault and that's the only thing I have a problem with because I sent it when they asked me to and they said it was not there. So I sent them again. People should consider Zenernet and put them on the lookout list.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

We had spoken with a few other companies and Zenernet leaned better into what we were looking for. Gave us more advice than the other ones gave us and was very upfront with all the costs and everything else. They were very truthful from the very beginning. So, we had no problem saying yes to Zenernet as far as putting the solar on our home. We don't have the installation done yet. We're still waiting on one permit to come through. Everything else has all been taken care of. I had just gotten a call yesterday from Zenernet to let us know what was going on. We get regular emails and they call us. When we went into it, we had telecommunication where we could speak and see each other and that was a very interesting experience because you knew who you were talking to. It wasn’t just a voice.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Just bought a new house. Before we even were on the market, we knew we were going to "go solar". I started re-searching, and by process of very quick elimination, Zenernet appeared to by the most highly regarded for Customer Service...which is the KEY factor for me. Lots of Solar Companies out there....one in particular...I left my information, and received a non-stop barrage of no less than 18 phone calls from the same number within an 18 hour period. Not with Mike. I received a very kind text and email, asking when a good time would be, we set up the consultation, it popped onto my calendar, and boom.

If Mike is any indication of the experience I expect to have with the rest of the team, this is going to be a great experience. He designed the panel layout right in front of me after analyzing my bills, usage, house/roof design and some facts I had sent him via Text and email. He asked a few more questions for clarity, and the whole while, I felt like I was talking to somebody who genuinely enjoyed what he was doing, and could read my situation, and prescribed the exact solution I didn't quite know I was looking for....but made 100% perfect sense. The tool that estimates the sun pattern year round on your roof was truly a surprise, and it turned out we do not need to plaster every square inch of the roof with panels. Just 22, in two different key locations.

If this is just the first step, then BRAVO to Zenernet, and THANK YOU Mike for making that fun, painless, and without ONE SINGLE OUNCE of that "salesy" schmarm. Genuine. We bonded over foster dogs, drums, but the entire session was driven by the solution he created for me on the shared screen. Now I just have to present the very easy to consume proposal to my wife, and with the exciting incentives ending at the end of August, and year end, I think it's going to be a pretty clear cut decision. 5 Star without a doubt!

Zenernet response

Thank you for leaving such an elaborate review, Ron! We are pleased to hear your noticed our favorable customer reviews - we take pride in providing our customers with the best customer experience in solar. We are very lucky to have such talented energy experts like Mike and we're happy you've enjoyed working with him and the rest of our team so far. It's great to hear you are taking advantage of the ITC incentive. We're looking forward to helping you gain energy independence - let us know if you need anything at any time!

Original review: May 29, 2020

I was looking at solar companies. I interviewed Zenernet, and I interviewed the big boys in the industry, SunPower as well. I had reached out to a couple other companies locally. But those two companies hadn't responded to me in time. The toss-up between SunPower and Zenernet, they both had really impressive interviews and knew their stuff. I know a lot about solar ‘cause I already have solar on my house. I was just adding my system.

Zenernet understood what I was trying to get at, way better, and we were able to immediately talk details, whereas the SunPower guy had his, like, sales spiel that he was used to giving people. He wouldn't really deviate from them, and that turned me off a little bit. The proposal was like $6,000 cheaper for Zenernet. So, it was significant.

The signing up was easy, getting everything done through DocuSign. My process right now is a little incomplete. They've been very responsive to my emails. Because of my existing system, we were having difficulty tracking down the approved permit documents, which were at the city. I got them installed a few years ago. So, I tried, and Zenernet is now trying with their third-party installer. The process, now that we're signed up, and they've gotten me the drawings, and they're just working to pull the permit, it's taking a little longer than I'd like. I've had to push them a few times. But as a civil engineer, I'm very proactive, anyway, with stuff like this, and I'm on them more than they probably expect. But I'm ready to like get the system installed and up and running.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear our experience stood out, Pete. Our consultants are experts in solar and our prices are extremely competitive. Thanks for working with us!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 15, 2021

I went to your website and entered all the necessary information seeking an estimate. I NEVER GOT A REPLY!!! Your incompetent customer sensitivity is amazing! You ask for feedback from an upset customer, then put a limit on their response...That's as bad as a sales organization that doesn't follow up!

Zenernet response

Hi James - we apologize for the poor experience. Our team attempted to reach you and was unable to connect. We'd love another shot to leave you with a favorable impression of our company. A member of our sales leadership will reach out to you soon, and we'll ensure your questions are answered promptly. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Zenernet was able to talk with me about stuff and they did a much better job compared to the previous person I was going with that didn't seem that concerned. Zenernet's customer service was nice, helpful, and thorough.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us, Bonnie! Our team is committed to giving you the information you need while answering any questions you may have. We make each homeowner's needs our priority and we're always glad to help you achieve them. Thanks for leaving us a review.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I knew very little about residential solar and Chris at Zenernet spent time and effort educating me. Chris was thorough, patient and most importantly, knowledgeable regarding his product. He listened to my needs and designed a system that met my budget and expectations. I highly recommend Chris and Zenernet, I have never had such a pleasant 'sales' experience!

Zenernet response

That's awesome Rondi! We're glad that you found Chris's presentation so informative. Here at Zenernet, we follow a knowledge-first approach to ensure that each homeowner knows enough about solar to make confident decisions. The homeowner's needs are a top priority for us - we strive to deliver services and design a system that meets your needs. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to working with you.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Zenernet contacted me from my quote request and Robert, the person I talked to, was very knowledgeable. I was looking for very specific questions to be answered and I got pretty much everything I needed.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear that Jay! We have a knowledgeable team here at Zenernet who are always ready to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for leaving us a review.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I'm more of a one-on-one person kind of thing. So, I did a video consultation, but I wasn't too happy about that. It wasn't because of the salesman. It was just the simple point of not physically seeing the house and looking at the roof and see what they keep doing. But other than that, everything was fine. I stopped searching for solar panels for now. It's just too much. I'm gonna take a break from it, and then if I decide to get some more solar panels or get different quotes, I will definitely call Zenernet.

Zenernet response

Thanks for leaving us a review Israel! Our virtual consultations are designed to inform and educate while allowing us to understand your needs. However, we can arrange for standard homevisits if needed. We look forward to hearing from you if anything changes.

Zenernet Company Information