2. Solar Energy
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.53/5

Zenernet helps homeowners get a better deal on energy and take charge of how they power their lives. Cut expenses, lock in a better rate on energy, and gain independence from your utility company with Zenernet. The business prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in solar, beginning with a fully remote consultation, and it is the only company in the industry to offer modular pricing, which lets you only pay for the system you want. Installations are carried out by experienced local installers, ensuring your solar investment supports your local area.

Zenernet’s low-pressure customer experience starts with an in-depth, virtual consultation to educate homeowners on solar. An expert energy consultant answers all your questions about solar and helps you design a customized system — all from the comfort of your home.

BOTTOM LINE

Zenernet’s virtual consultation lets customers get a customized proposal from the comfort of their home. Its modular pricing model gives homeowners the flexibility to choose a system that suits their needs and budget.

PROS

• Fully virtual consultation
  • Installation performed by local techs
  • Modular pricing model

CONS

• Does not give instant quotes
  • Not available nationwide

Top Zenernet Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Zenernet is a company that stands behind their products, has an outstanding warranty and provides solutions based on customer needs and not on what will help make most money. I would recommend them to anybody looking for more info on solar as they are a top notch and respectable company...

I will definitely be recommending Zenernet to my colleagues who are considering switching to solar energy. ... I never felt pressured and trusted her expertise. I am looking forward to correspondence with Zenernet in the future.

Zenernet Call Now Toll Free (913) 303-8908 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Zenernet solar?

Zenernet’s mission is to accelerate energy independence for all. It aims to make solar power and other forms of energy technology more practical and affordable for more people. Zenernet focuses on transparency, convenience and competitive pricing. The company works with you to give you a comprehensive understanding of the energy you use and how it’s produced and come away with a plan to optimize your energy use for greater savings, efficiency and independence.

Zenernet financing options

Zenernet offers a variety of financing options for its solar energy products. In some areas, having a Zenernet solar system can also make the owner eligible for net metering, which is a utility billing system that gives the customer credit for excess power that their solar system generates.

Zenernet does not offer leasing — the company states it believes leasing is not a good option for the customer. Leasing costs depend on the customer's energy bill, which often results in overpayment. According to Zenernet, purchasing a solar energy system is straightforward and has more transparent terms. Also, customers who own their systems have the option to make improvements as technology advances.

Zenernet installation

Zenernet’s Preferred Installer Network uses experienced, highly rated local installers to complete its projects, which supports local small businesses and gives the customer a personalized experience. Using Zenernet lets some of your solar investment stays local, and the company manages all processes and scheduling. Zenernet’s installers carry all necessary permits, licenses and insurance policies.

Zenernet warranties

Zenernet offers comprehensive workmanship warranties in lengths of 10, 20 or 25 years, which lets you choose the coverage level that makes sense for you. Zenernet’s warranties cover your entire system and roof and serve as an extension of the manufacturers’ warranties included with your system components.

Zenernet FAQ

What kind of solar panels are available from Zenernet?
Zenernet has access to nearly any solar panel available on the market. During the consultation process, the company seeks to understand your priorities and recommend a panel that fits your needs. Zenernet offers panels in a variety of wattages and designs and from multiple manufacturers.
Where is Zenernet available?
Zenernet is available in 19 states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas and Utah.
Does Zenernet offer energy monitoring?
Zenernet includes standard solar production and consumption monitoring with each system. Zenernet also offers additional monitoring options, including Sense, a smart home technology application that allows consumption monitoring down to individual devices and appliances.
Does Zenernet provide energy storage?
Zenernet offers many energy storage and backup power options, including home batteries and generators.
What other products does Zenernet offer?
Zenernet also offers Electrical Vehicle chargers (EV chargers).

Do we recommend Zenernet?

Yes. We recommend Zenernet because of its wide range of solutions for homeowners seeking an alternative to traditional utilities and their high costs. Zenernet provides an excellent customer experience, and it offers a variety of helpful features, including modular pricing and a fully remote virtual consultation coupled with a local-touch installation experience.

Zenernet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenernet?

Original review: May 29, 2020

I was looking at solar companies. I interviewed Zenernet, and I interviewed the big boys in the industry, SunPower as well. I had reached out to a couple other companies locally. But those two companies hadn't responded to me in time. The toss-up between SunPower and Zenernet, they both had really impressive interviews and knew their stuff. I know a lot about solar ‘cause I already have solar on my house. I was just adding my system.

Zenernet understood what I was trying to get at, way better, and we were able to immediately talk details, whereas the SunPower guy had his, like, sales spiel that he was used to giving people. He wouldn't really deviate from them, and that turned me off a little bit. The proposal was like $6,000 cheaper for Zenernet. So, it was significant.

The signing up was easy, getting everything done through DocuSign. My process right now is a little incomplete. They've been very responsive to my emails. Because of my existing system, we were having difficulty tracking down the approved permit documents, which were at the city. I got them installed a few years ago. So, I tried, and Zenernet is now trying with their third-party installer. The process, now that we're signed up, and they've gotten me the drawings, and they're just working to pull the permit, it's taking a little longer than I'd like. I've had to push them a few times. But as a civil engineer, I'm very proactive, anyway, with stuff like this, and I'm on them more than they probably expect. But I'm ready to like get the system installed and up and running.

Zenernet response

We're glad to hear our experience stood out, Pete. Our consultants are experts in solar and our prices are extremely competitive. Thanks for working with us!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Seven years ago I signed a contract to have solar panels installed with NRG and they defaulted on the contract. I am now a very skeptical buyer and have gained some degree of knowledge. I saw some very positive reviews of Zenernet and wanted to know about the batteries they used. As I talked to Andrew ** he worked up a solar plan for my house and as he did I found that he really knew what he was talking about. Every question I asked he answered accurately. He didn’t try to embellish anything. If I asked a question he didn’t know the answer he didn’t make something up, he researched and got back to me. There is considerable value in dealing with a reputable company and Andrew ** and by extension Zenernet is that company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Their engineering part, the project manager, was actually the best experience that I had among the five companies that I reached out to. So, were very good. They had the tools. I was able to do a screen share. And the project manager was able to design the system right in front of me, which was nice because I kept changing the panels on them, with the quality of the panels. He was spot-on with a couple of things that he saw on the map. He was thorough and to the point, and very pleasant to work with.

They had high-quality materials. They had the LG panels, which are the latest ones. Everything sounded great. He even showed me the quality of the attachment on the roof were also topnotch. He did a great job, and no pressure tactics. The only problem was, their installer was a local company. On the other side, I had an option to a turnkey with a local company here that's been around for a long time, and the price was not an issue. The price was good and competitive. The only thing is that installer wasn’t topnotch.

So, there's a couple of drawback with that. If something happens, I know I have to go back to Zenernet. And they have great customer support and reviews. But it was just less of a hassle with everything and the permits in New York to go with one company that does it all for you. And since the price was comparable and the system was comparable, I said, “You know what? Let me just go with that other company.” But if I was gonna go with a national one, I would have gone with them.

Zenernet response

Great to hear Sal! Glad we were able to give you a great experience from the sale through the installation.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I wanted to go solar five years ago, but I had someone come out and say it would cost me $150,000 and that would only cover a third of my electricity. So, I said I was not interested. Now, the price has gone down. I went taking to 15 different solar companies and I knew Zenernet was an up-and-coming internet company and everybody seemed motivated. Enrolling with them, however, has been quite difficult, but not due to their issues. The state of Illinois started doing solar this year, and it blown like the wildfires in California.

I worked with Ryan who did an outstanding job and he answered my questions. There was a lot of issues with going solar for me because the secondary party they go to do the drawings were really slow. I started the process back in June, and it looks like I may finally get my solar on December 4th or 5th. I had several online things with their president, JP, going over stuff too. I also dealt largely with Bailey, the project manager. Again, things went slowly, but it was also not due to their fault.

I had several changes being done. One of the major changes was going with different solar panels because we didn’t want to put any solar panels on the ground. We wanted to try to get them all on the roof. So, we went from German solar panel 315 Watts to a LG 335 Watts, which really helped. Both JP and Bailey were helpful. We still haven’t got anything installed yet, but I know they are still working on the permits. Overall, they treat you like family. There was a lot of things out of their control which they could not do much about. But, they try to keep you informed.

Zenernet response

Hey Gordon - sorry to hear about the difficulties with enrollment. Illinois is a challenging market, and we appreciate your patience. Thanks for working with us - we're certainly motivated to deliver the best customer experience in solar, and it means a lot that you noticed that!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Very positive experience dealing with Heather. She explained product and company very well. The Information that she presented was very clear. I was told that she would call me at 11am and I did receive a phone call at that time. I truly appreciated that since my time is very valuable. Heather is a very positive and through person. I still have 2 other proposals that I will be looking at until I make my final decision as to whom I will go with. Heather asked me if she could follow up with me after reviewing these proposals. She said they would never want to lose a potential customer if it were due to cost. I was very impressed with her professionalism and willingness to follow up with me. Thank you Heather!

Zenernet response

Great to hear Marcos - best of luck with your decision and let us know if there's any way we can help!

Original review: July 30, 2020

I’m considering a solar plan for my home, I sought out Zenernet To research a second opinion on my project. My meeting was an unbelievably enjoyable experience and I came away with a great understanding of my needs as well as my options. At no time did I feel at all uncomfortable or pressured by my contact during the consultation. I’m likely to use the company for my solar plan. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Greg was very informative, friendly and patient with our household chaos during our video conference! By the time we finished with the presentation and our conversation, we felt so much better informed about solar. Not even a hint of a hard sell which was very appreciated.

Original review: July 28, 2020

My Zenernet representative Mike was quite knowledgeable. He spoke very clearly and made sure I understood everything discussed and involved in our quote all the way to the end after the system is installed. Mike had an answer to every question I asked and I feel Zenernet has trained their people well.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have wanted solar panels for many years but knew very little about the ins and outs. It was a great experience working with Jillian and team to learn more about the benefits of solar and financial credits that I was eligible for in Austin!

Original review: July 28, 2020

Having been through a number of these calls with solar salespeople over the past weeks I can attest that Mike is head and shoulders over his competition. I sent him 5 questions which I wanted answered and he delivered. I did not need the run of the mill sales patter on solar. Mike spoke to the 5 points and answered all the queries. I left the call even better informed than before. Rather refreshing. I would recommend a chat with Mike before you make a decision re solar.

Zenernet Company Information