2. Solar Energy

out of business
 2.6/5 (514 ratings)

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About SolarCity

Since 2006, SolarCity has strived to be the national leader in clean energy services and has become America’s largest solar provider. We specialize in residential and commercial solar systems. We provide energy at a lower cost than paying for energy generated by burning coal, oil and natural gas.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

SolarCity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SolarCity?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SolarCity?

Original review: April 10, 2020

SolarCity is the best website whereas I found solar products information on this website. I would like thank to marketing team who develop solar estimate near every product. That's more beneficial for me.

Original review: March 2, 2020

As you can see, there is nothing but horrible reviews of this company. Since it is now Tesla, some of the stockholders might want to know about how bad it really is. My Solar City/Tesla solar system on our home has not been producing OR REPORTING for over 6 months. I've spent many hours on the phone with customer service/engineering to absolutely no avail. They have acknowledged huge problems with their panels and I can now tell that they are doing nothing but avoiding responsibility. I have a performance guarantee in our contract which states they need to pay me for power not being produced. They are doing all they can to not have to do that. Run, do not walk from this company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Tesla, formerly Solar City installed a solar system at my home with a battery backup and inverter to run critical items in the event of a power outage. I met with the project manager to go over what would be wired in the home to power during an outage and was told that lights within the house, appliances such as refrigerator and some outlets inside the home would be connected. I was also told that things like microwave ovens and central heat and air conditioning would not be connected due to the amount of power they require. I agreed and the installation was performed. I did not go back and check the power panel to ensure they installed the service correctly and until recently I assumed in the event of a power outage, my inside lights and food storage would be operational.

A few months ago, the power company needed to shut down power to replace a vault and when my solar system came on line, I was surprised to find that none of my inside lights were working which would be very dangerous at night in a two story home. Instead, what I determined was they wired my microwave oven and the outlets in my garage instead of interior lights. Since this power outage, I have attempted to get Tesla to make the changes to the way my place was wired and not add services, but to connect the correct ones such as lighting and disconnect things such as garage outlets and microwave.

Twice now, after months of waiting I have been denied and was told they can make the changes for a $800.00 fee. I should have inspected the power panel when it was installed I guess to make sure they connected the services we discussed and agreed upon but I assumed they would do as was agreed. I'm now in a position where in the event of a power outage, a slip and fall incident could occur since none of the house lighting is connected or pay them to do what was supposed to be done from the start.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

During year 6 of our solar installation, our system completely failed in July 2019. It is now January of 2020. Techs came-out and said it's the panels have failed and our system needs a total replacement with new panels. Several months ago, I was able to get a return call from Tech/Engineering Dept.. They said our system would have to be re-engineered and reinstalled and would be about a month until I could expect an update. Several months have now passed with no update. Level 1 support says there was an entry in my record (12/19), indicating the Engineering group decided NOT to replace my panels with newer models, but there is no further information. Support says they cannot forward my call to Engineering or anyone else and I just have to wait until somebody decides to move my project along.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Several months ago the Solar City system on the roof of my AZ home started to malfunction. Solar City said the problem was with the inverter and replaced it. However, the problem was not resolved. A second visit by a now Tesla rep indicated that the problem was with the panels and they needed to be replaced. That was in October. Several telephone calls later to Tesla I have now been told that replacement panels will be available sometime in the first quarter of 2020 with still no schedule for the replacement. Meanwhile I still have to pay Tesla and the power company their monthly fee and for the power supplied to meet our needs. This is costing me over $150 per month. Clearly Tesla clearly wants to install panels that are available on new systems rather than use them to replace defective units. I would not recommend Tesla solar systems.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Solar panels are great to have UNTIL the last 5 months. I would look at the app and see how the panels were producing and how much energy was consumed. My electric bill was nothing and the winter was maybe $10 per month. Now, Tesla took away the solar city app and replaced it with theirs. The app has no information on the panels at all. I have an electric bill of over $150 and still paying for the panels.

I called them about a month ago and asked them about the electric bill. They said that the system was working and that I should clean the panels per the contract. So, I looked on the contract and it stated to wash the panels with a garden hose from the ground. So I did. It does not look any better and still have a high electric bill. What to do next? Call again?!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have hired Solar City in 2016 to install panels on my roof which they did. I pay $178.00 to Tesla besides paying my electricity bill. It work well in July and August but the rest of the year I don't see much a difference. So instead one bill I pay two bill which goes to up to $400/month. A month ago we noticed that there was a water leak from under solar panels to one of our bedrooms. I called Tesla and they sent someone to inspect it. The inspector to me that plywood under the shingles are soft and damaged. Tesla called me back and told me that the damage is not because of the panels and I should get it fixed on my own.

When I signed the contract they told me to not worry about the roof and if there is a lease solar city would fix it for free. Apparently it is not so. Today I got a bill for $200.00 for sending a guy to inspect my roof. I am so tired Solar city. I am looking forward to see if other people have same kind of issues like me so we all together take legal action against Tesla.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

The House I'm living in is being sold. The ONLY thing holding up the closing is the lease for the solar panels. My sister contacted them and found out that our DEAD before the solar panels were put on the house grandmother's name was somehow added to the lease. I don't know or understand HOW this could happen!!! Am seriously going to have this looked at by the Better Business Bureau, ConsumerAffairs bureau And the State Attorney's office.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased property July 19, 2019 and took over the Solar System per agreement transferred to me from the previous owners. I really didn't want Solar but the house came with them or no sale. Ok. Well I never got any information from anyone about how the panels work or when I would get my first bill. After several months the first bill came. They sent me a gateway which doesn't really work so I finally reached Solar City only to find out the inverters don't work and haven't since October 18, 2019. Field Tech dispatched. Field tech came October 31, 2019 and said the inverters will all have to be replaced. He shut down my system.

Now I just got a huge electric bill and I am trying to figure out when they will repair the inverters and I can't reach anyone and whether or not I have to pay my purchase agreement if the panels aren't working....Not being able to talk with customer service really is a problem and getting answers about the problem is even worse. I have no idea when they will be fixed. They are not helpful and if I didn't call them they would not have notified me that there was a problem. I would not recommend Solar City to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We bought a complete solar system from SolarCity, now known as Solarcity-Tesla. We paid the entire bill off, $48,761.87 on December 4th, 2018. THEY STILL HAVE NOT SENT A RECEIPT. All we want is a receipt. We went to refinance our home, and there is a lien on our home for the solar....IT'S PAID OFF. PAID OFF IN FULL. They need to remove the lien and send us the receipt! We've asked for a receipt repeatedly and their answer is always, "We've put a ticket in for a receipt." BUT NONE IS EVER CREATED, OR SENT TO US.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I purchased my solar system from SolarCity back in 2016 and shortly after that Tesla bought SolarCity. A few weeks ago Tesla contacted me to advise my system was not producing as much as it should be so they sent out a technician, took about 2 weeks for him to come out. Upon his review he confirmed that my system was completely shut down, the inverter was no longer working and had to be replaced. I had contacted Solar City / Tesla several times throughout the past years as I was getting error messages and they kept telling me it wasn't their equipment, the issue was with my electric company, EverSource. Of course every time EverSource came out they told me the issue was with SolarCity/Tesla's equipment so the issue was never resolved.

Tesla gave me an estimated repair date of 9/4/2020! My system is going to be shut down for almost a year because they only have ONE repair team for the entire State of MA. I don't see how that is possible since they purchased SolarCity and they had plenty of repair technicians. Tesla also said there is nothing they will do to reimburse me for the down time. I have to pay for my electricity until the system is repaired as well as pay for the non functioning system.

They said my contract has a clause that states if I don't generate a certain number of KW in a 2 year period I'll qualify for some type of reimbursement but that doesn't address the fact that I'm going to lose the credit I've built up with my electric carrier and once that is gone, pay for my electrical use. None of that will be reimbursed. Tesla refused to let me speak with a supervisor or manager, told me that they are aware of the situation and there is nothing they can do. HORRIBLE! I'd give them a zero if that was an option.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

In 2015 we were approached by SolarCity. Their pitch was that we could save money on our power bill for no upfront costs. We would pay for power generated and we would get a bill from our power company with the net result of a savings. Because our installation was optimum (south facing roof) they would only be installing a small system. Everything worked as promised. The install was completed within 45 days, our average charge from SolarCity was $56 and change which saved us about $20 per month from the local power company. In 2016 it was decided to sell the house. Luckily we received several offers on the first day. All offers were for the system to be removed from the house as recommended by the purchasers real estate brokers. SolarCity had a provision in their contract that stated the system could be moved to a different location for $1,000. ($500 upfront for removal and $500 on completion for re-installation)

The price sounded fair and since I had multiple offers on my house I wanted to get the sale completed. So I selected one of the offers with the provision that the system would be removed within 90 days of the closing of escrow. The sale of the house was completed and the system was removed within the allotted time. I continued to receive monthly invoices for $56. When I called billing about the issue I was told that my average bill would continue until the system was reinstalled. I mentioned that the contract was for "power generated" and that the system was sitting in a warehouse somewhere not generating power. I was told not to make any payments and all would be corrected when the system was up and running. It took awhile to get the possession of the new house.

So finally a SolarCity "engineer" came out for a site survey to make sure that the "new installation" could be accomplished and what it would require. (A very professional and knowledgeable guy never to be seen or heard of again) He stated that there was two drawbacks to the new installation. Because of the roof design of my new home. The system would need to be split instead of all on what appeared to be one single panel. Which was not a problem, just that it would require a two day installation instead of one.

The second issue was that now my panels would be facing southwest and northwest and the roof was a steeper angle that would block complete sun until later in the day. THE panels would not be as efficient as they were before. But that they would still be generating power. All this made sense to me. They proceeded with the installation which had some problems with quality that I noticed and had them return to make it right.

After a fight with the the local power company on a net metering issue. The system was turned on. The first bill (once the system was turned on) was for about $35 which made sense to me. (I forgot that it was for a partial month) SolarCity did credit back the "charged for" kWH that was charged during the systems storage. The next months bill was $98! I called and asked what the charge was for. The answer was for power generated. My reply was, "until you can give me an explanation as to why my bill is nearly double for a system that is no longer optimum I will not pay." That has been nearly 2.5 years ago. We have been proactive (several times) in trying to have this sorted out by SolarCity both by seeking them out at home shows and by contacting the billing department.

Each and every time there has been correspondence emailed back and forth with a promise of, “We will check it out.” No bills for a couple of months and then the billing and late notices start again. My gut feeling is that the system was originally "dialed down" to match the original claim/promise. But after the relocation all bets were off. I had recommended the system to several friends who had the system also installed and were initially satisfied with the results. The total lack of follow through and what appears to be deception on SolarCity's behalf has me looking for others that would like to participate in a class action suit. Provided that we can come up with a law firm that will take it on as a contingency. How can we do this as this forum does not allow any contact info to be listed?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Looks like my experience is the same as most. I would have given zero stars if it was an option. DO NOT BUY A HOME WITH AN EXISTING LEASE OR HAVE THEM INSTALLED ON YOUR HOME FOR ANY REASON!!!! I moved into a home with an existing solar panel lease. I was assured everything was working and that I would have 24/7 web access to monitor my production. When I moved in I immediately found out that was false. The system was not working and there was no access to the system at all. I also learned they had not communicated with my system for two years - so there was no way they could have known if it worked. I spent close to 10 hours on the phone being passed around from department to department and each person told me it wasn't their problem and there's nothing I can do. It took them 9 months to order and ship the hardware that enables the web access monitoring - 4 months to simply order it.

I had to make 4 different appointments to get the system fixed. They were no-shows for two of them and they didn't even tell me they didn't make it. I learned that the system generated an average of 200 kwh per month during the 2 years before I moved in. That's over 80% less than promised. When I asked to speak with supervisors I was told "Ain't gonna happen" or that they would call me back - which never happened. I was told I am not guaranteed any minimum energy regardless of what my contract says. I was told it doesn't matter what the electric company claims on how much energy was created so the fact it isn't as much as it's supposed to be is irrelevant. They voided the performance promise during the time my system wasn't working. It's been 14 months now and my issues are unresolved. I did find contact info to the board of directors here: https://ir.tesla.com/corporate-governance/contact-the-board

I wrote them and have not heard back. There is also a forum on their website. I have requested access so I can post threads but I it has not been granted - it probably never will. There is also a department named "Executive Resolution" which I didn't learn until after 10 months of complaining. It wasn't because I had issues. They contacted me because I refused to pay. So next time ask for them. Maybe if everyone on here did it would make a difference? The level of incompetence and unethical behavior is beyond belief.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We were harassed into buying these solar panels 5 years ago and it does not save you on electricity. The solar amounts have gone up and up since we started it. We are calling several government places to find out what to do. SolarCity did not even tell us that they were leaving and all of a sudden Tesla is now who contacts us. We cannot find out any information now like we used to since Tesla took over. We are very disappointed with all of this solar stuff.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I am leasing their panels. SolarCity is the worst. Don't use them. I was told by the sales rep (who has since disappeared) that my monthly fee would be $85 if I paid direct with a 7% discount. Well that wasn't true. My Solar City bill keeps going up each month. I was told by someone from Solar City that I pay based on how much electricity I make. Didn't buy that explanation. Keep in mind that solar energy companies are not a public utility and are not regulated. So they can charge whatever they want and increase prices each month.

Right now through the summer I haven't paid anything to my power company. But I am paying Solar City what I would've been paying to my power company. This is not a saving of any type. I should have listened to my gut and just not done it. I have written to my Congressman. Don't really expect much action. Next step is to go to the local media. I was recently told that Solar City is looking for a new buyer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Good day. I have an IMEON inverter that started, after 2 years of normal operation, showing a red light labeled “error” all the time thus going to the grid to get energy. The manufacturer says that there are leakages. But when I allow the inverter to feed-in the grid there are no more errors showing up. Any hint?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

After two years Tesla decides to send me to collections for the solar panels that they installed. When the SolarCity rep came to speak with my dad they said that the panels would be free and they would just have to pay for the electricity. I did not agree to anything. They've used the social security and have a "signed contract" with a signature that is not mine. Also, the contract is signed on a Spanish version. I speak English and have trouble translating Spanish.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I did not want to write a bad review for anyone ever, but since I have personally had to correct an uncountable number of SolarCity hack installs I felt compelled to get the word out. I am an Electrical Contractor in Sacramento, and I DO NOT do solar installs. I don't know where SolarCity finds their installers, but I can promise you, I have not seen one install that was done correctly. Not only is the workmanship bad, but the installers usually create half a dozen hazards with the original wiring that were not there before, which is ultimately is the reason I get called out to see what the issue is.

Smoke, Fire, Shock, these installers are not real Electricians. To be fair, I am sure there are a few good men out there doing things right; But when you hire a company who has a sales team that prides themselves on "Murdering Souls" with their sales tactics, you get what you pay for. An expensive lesson on how to just say NO. If anything I feel sorry for the installers, as I am sure they are all underpaid. 1099 contractors who have Mr. Bottom line cracking the whip to get as many hacked systems in as possible.

If you thought an electrical permit will save you, think again. The inspectors don't inspect anything here in Northern California. They just pass by your house and call it a PASS. A pass releases SolarCity from liability if your house burns down. As others have said here. IF you hire SolarCity, you better sure have your own independent Electrical inspector to pass the job before the City does. Or else good luck to you. Solar City: Did you know that the sun is a ball of fire? The name fits perfectly.

Original review: July 16, 2019

So after a lot of discussion on our massive energy bill, my husband and I decided to put some money into solar, arguing that once the loan is paid our energy costs will be next to nothing. Our rep, a nice guy, gave us this pitch about how when you buy solar the government gives you back $11,000 on your taxes as a solar energy credit. If this is put into the solar loan, our payment is only X amount and the loan only lasts 20 years. It sounded good. We went for it, fully intending to put all of that money into our solar loan. They worked it into the paperwork like there was no doubt that we'd be refunded that amount.

Joke was on us. The government won't refund you a solar credit more than your tax return amount. Our actual tax return was only 3k, so we only got a 3k solar credit, nowhere near the 11,000 that the loan required be put down within the first 18 months. The loan amortized and we were, of course, $8k short of the lump sum they wanted. Our payment has gone up $50 a month. (Of course, this came at a time when my husband was out of work due to massive illness, so the timing couldn't have hit us harder) Yeah, I'm mad. Should have done my homework, but honestly didn't think a big company like Tesla would pull a fast one like this on us. I emailed the rep about it and he never responded, so here I am.

Before solar our energy costs averaged $200 a month. Now we're paying $288 a month. Is the product working? Yes, the panels seem to be doing their job well so far. We've only had them for a couple of years. No leaks on the roof. We've had heavy snow and two layers of shingles on our roof with the panels, and no structural problems yet. After all of these reviews, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the panels continue to function well. It sounds like it would take an act of Zeus to get someone to fix them if they malfunctioned. Yikes. I just can't get that bad taste out of my mouth every time I look at the panels and think about the misleading financial burden.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I had a horrible experience with Tesla SolarCity. I also have all of my fax phone calls, and emails all documented to prove their lack of communication and deceitfulness. There are so many things from the beginning that I have to caution you about this product. First it offers expire or change I was never notified. Second my sales rep left, I had no clue until the day of installation that I had a new representative and my old one left three months ago. I sent all of my information and pictures to Tesla and initially their design team stated that they would be able to come in through my electrical panel and sub panel and connect it on the inside. But on the day of installation they stated that it couldn't be done and they had to put in a Hoffmann tap.

Now I have an extra box on the outside of my house drilled into my brick home, that no one contacted me about or got my approval to continue with the job to make sure that this was okay with the homeowner/buyer. Then my next representative up and quit Tesla and I had no one to contact. I had to reach out to three or four individuals before someone got back to me and then they passed me on to someone else. Each time I had to speak to a new person I had to give the new information all over again because no one either documented it or chose to read the documentation. Tesla's resolution for being on what I feel deceitful, is offering me $200 for a nest offer that expired before I signed with them but I was never made aware of by my rep.

I just feel that because in the beginning I specifically told them that they would not be able to use the electrical box or the sub panel because it was full that they just thought because I was a woman I had no clue of what I was talking about. It's a shame you can't trust people these days and you have to read the entire small print. Now I really question how good their warranty is going to be for the next 25 years supposedly that I have my warranty for.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Tesla/SolarCity installed panels on our house in 2013. The panels turned out to be defective and stopped working in June 2018. Since June 2018 through mid-March 2019, we have had no solar (9.5 months!), and we were still expected to pay the monthly fee for nothing. Anyway, during the whole time of no service, we were regularly paying our monthly fee. After multiple rounds of back-and-forth negotiations, offering new lease contract that was actually worse than our current PPA contract, we got the new panels installed on March 15, 2019.

So, according to contract, we expected that we would be refunded for the time when we did not get any solar production - which is just for 2018 more than $700. Not to mention that we had to pay to grid company (SCE) additional $300 because we fell into higher tiers, which supposed to be covered by solar. But, Tesla/SolarCity does not accept any issues, and - after multiple calls - only sent us the small check covering just 1/5 of what we paid to them. So saying that customer service is the worst - is not making enough emphasize. Their customer service is based on ignorance, lie, denial, and staffed with people fully embracing such a tenet. So right now, we are looking into our legal options.

Original review: May 17, 2019

They make money on the sale of your house by adding a 20 yr leasing term and if the new owner(s) decide not to continue the lease, you're muscled into paying 20k or more to terminate the lease. It's extremely difficult to sell a home with what they claim is not a lien on your house, but when you sign with Tesla (formerly Solar City) a UCC1 financing agreement is attached which inhibits the title company from releasing any proceeds to the seller until Tesla's financial obligations are met. The contract states that they will give you discount but fail to mention the amount. Therefore, you're at the mercy of Tesla. My "discount" is a 25k, which basically means this multi-billion dollar corporation just had me give them this money.

Also, prior to installing, I advised the salesperson that I was planning to sell the house and would it pose an issue upon sale, she stated no it wouldn't, there's no problem transferring to the new owner, and it also adds value to the house. This is not entirely true, she did not mention that if the owner did not agree to continue the lease, that it is costly to discontinue the lease. Also, when you pay the lease off, you're gifting the new owners solar panels and practically free electricity. Please stay away from Tesla and do research on terms with other companies.

Original review: April 21, 2019

SolarCity never honored my service agreement when panels stopped working. Now two years later and no reimbursement! They keep telling me the check is in the mail since September of 2018 and we are now April 2019. The end of 2017 my utility bills seemed high then by mid 2018 I contacted SolarCity. They said my panels went out. It took until October for them to change my panels but they have still to cash reimburse me for the loss of use as stated in the performance contract. They keep saying check is in the mail. Don't use SolarCity, now Tesla.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Solar City Agent explained how the contract works... 1) Solar Panels were installed on North side of the roof while sun comes on South side most of the year. obvious result production is low. 2) Two months we had high energy bills and when called they said because your meter was off. Don't they have any way to notice and notify customer to check the obvious?

3) We had a hail in Texas last year and roof needed to be replaced so I call Tesla to remove panels and their response was they are not schedule anyone until 2019 (five months away) so I said let's make schedule after that and response was we cannot do it now. Ridiculous thing ever! 4) They asked me to higher someone to remove panels and they suggested subcontractor that charge $3500 to just uninstall the panels. 5) I had to pay to remove the panels and they also expect you to pay your monthly bill regardless of panels on roof or not. 6) Now, it's over six months there are no panels on the roof (they are sitting in the backyard) and they are not sending anyone to install them. Now, that I stop paying they are calling every day for the payment and threatening to report to credit bureau. What a rip off business?

Original review: April 11, 2019

All went well my installation ~2 years ago. I was very happy with the process but 2 years on things have changed: #1: my estimated production was 14,000 kilowatts but the actual production has been 11,000 Kilowatts which is significantly worse than estimated. #2: I just found out that my local town never issued a CO once the project was completed. I had the building inspector come by. There were 3 issues that needed to be resolved. Special stickers need to be placed on a conduit and electric meter and they need a certificate of inspection. I then called Tesla/SolarCity and the customer service person said the operations team would need to handle it and would email them. It has been a week and I have not heard from the them.

In addition, they did not know what an installation certificate was. When I asked them to contact the building department they said they "do not call the city to ensure completion." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that it would take 24 to 72 hours to get a call back. When I asked how was my problem going to be resolved the representative said that she would have to wait for the operations department to get back to me but she did not know when that would be. She said to try back tomorrow. They were very good on the install but on the follow up terrible. Do not use. They are not the only solar company in town.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had to assume a PPA when I bought my house. SolarCity's contract guy couldn't send me the right agreement 4 times, so my title company had to do it for him. Now that we're done the monitoring device stopped working. So I get an email telling me the monitoring system isn't working. So I respond with, "Great, how do I fix it?" Nothing. For 3 weeks. Then I finally get an email from some guy saying he's created a "case" for me. What does that mean? Is someone going to call? Come fix it? What? He writes back - "Well, that's why I also gave you a number to call during business hours - I don't actually know if the case will do anything or when." Holy cow! Seriously? Why even bother then???

Original review: March 21, 2019

So we paid off the solar panels in full, because their billing department and inability to get a billing portal was mind boggling and extremely frustration to deal with. 1.5 years after assuming the panels they still hadn't gotten our billing portal up, never apologized once, and forced me to call in monthly (with 5-20 minute wait times) to pay manually. Also, the energy they charge for is more expensive than the utility company. When I told them this was the case they acted surprised like it had never happened before, said they would escalate, and never called back. That was a recurring theme actually - they would never follow up on escalations and, after asking more than 10 times for a supervisor to contact me, one never did. I gave it two stars because the panels work, everything else is trash. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

SolarCity is the worst decision of my life and is now costing me 30,000. I was lied to from day one!!! No savings at all. My electric bills were more than double. I'm a single mom and because my bills have been outrageous I've been forced to sell my house of 12 years. I will still need to pay out the lien they put on my home at closing. I worked so hard for my family and now all the equality in my home will go to a crooked corporate company. All because I wanted to save money so badly I believed the lies. They told me it would be easy to transfer but that's not true either and NO ONE wants to take over such a horrible lease.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

SolarCity installed my panels three years ago 12/2015. During this time I have had multiple issues with my Furnace unit which vents outside of the home through roof. I had noted multiple headaches and severe debilitating stomach issues over past few years during winter months when I use the Furnace but never realizing what was going on until just today. My System, during inspection, appears in good working order however the contractor whom installed the panels on my roof moved my Furnace vent on top of roof to accommodate panels in such damaging the vent. There is no other entities that could of damaged this and SolarCity moved the entire vent!

The sole purpose is for the Carbon Monoxide to exit the home and long term exposure can cause debilitating lifelong health issues. When I contacted SolarCity now owned by Tesla they said unless I have a Lawyer they do not and will not compensate me for my repairs to the damage they did nor will they deal with me. Still paying for darn panels that under-perform and so disappointed by customer service. I need lawyer obviously.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had my panels for 2 years. In that time, I have never received my 15k rebate from them, resulting in my payment going up, and it is not communicating with the power company. As a result, I am paying more than double what I was pre panels and SolarCity is literally impossible to get ahold of. I have been calling constant for 2 YEARS and they never follow through with helping me AT ALL. I need to pay the power company, otherwise they will turn off my power and I need to pay for the panels otherwise it will go into collections. I am held hostage and could not be more frustrated and sick over this.

SolarCity Company Information