toll free

Massachusetts
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our electric bill was so high and solar energy services was a great way to go. Solar Five was top notch and they helped us all the way. Also, everybody was great. Trevor gets right on the phone for me, helps me out and sends me an email right away to tell me what I should be doing. Even if something was coming, he would let me know to look over such and such and to let him know and he would take care of everything. They made it so easy to have them do all the work. They're the best company I've ever had to deal with and I would recommend them to anybody.

My husband was looking at solar energy service as an alternative because he is retired and he wanted to look into any possible ways to save on some expenses. We liked Solar Five's service, the information they provided us with and, in comparison to other companies, they were more professional. And their willingness to come back and go over the information with us, to make sure that we understood it completely. They put up with me asking a lot of questions and in the end, Scott and I agreed that they would be the ones we’d go with. The whole enrollment process was seamless when they came to install it only took a day and a half. It was done so professionally and with no problems. If we had issues like automatic deduction, Bridgette took care of everything and it has only been a couple of weeks and we already see a dip in the electric bill. Solar Five is definitely worth it.

We looked into solar energy services because we thought it might be worthwhile doing. Solar Five came out and explained what they're going to do. They went above and beyond to make everything work for us. They've been very helpful and I'm glad I went with them. I'm 100% satisfied. We're making power like we’re supposed to and everything's wonderful. I would highly recommend them.

We were investigating another vendor online and came across Solar Five who we've never heard of. They had good customer ratings, so we contacted them. We're not sure if we're going to get the return on our investment or not by going solar. But our experience with Solar Five has been very good. The enrollment process was as easy as going to Burger King. I've never met them in real life, but every concern has been met adequately and immediately by somebody, whether it's customer or technical service. They seem to be a very good team. We've interacted with a couple of other solar vendors and it went not so positively. But Solar Five had certainly met high expectations.

I'm 100% satisfied with Solar Five. However we were supposed to get money back each month and it takes three months before you get it back. There's no way of knowing that that's going to happen since they haven't completed the job yet. There were no problems interacting with their customer service. They did what they were supposed to do and they were very good at what they were doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solar Five?

I looked at all the solar companies that were out there and I wasn't comfortable taking off on my own. But when I interacted with the folks of Solar Five, I felt much better about taking the plunge because I felt I was gonna be guided along the way. When I spoke to the salesperson, I realized that a lot of the stuff was gonna be taken care of and managed for me and I didn't have to worry about getting permits, so I decided it was the right time to do it.

Also, I had always been under the misconception that my house wasn't positioned particularly well to take advantage of the solar. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I realized that I was seriously mistaken. I liked that fact that I could do everything online. I was able to take the time because I had the documents in front of me. I could sit down and really go over all of them in detail at my leisure. And that was very helpful. I also liked that it didn't interfere heavily with my work schedule. And so as it all unfolded and I realized how much was involved, I was very pleasantly surprised that all of it was taken care of online and it could be handled that way.

I liked the guys that came in to do the work. My house was coated in snow and mud on the outside. They had to spend a lot of time in my basement, and they were so careful to make sure that nothing was gonna happen with my white rugs down there. I felt so good about them after the first day that I allowed them to come back in the second day. They had my permission and I left the door for them so they can use the restrooms. They really gave off a very good air and a comfort level that I didn't have any problem with doing that with them.

They finished up yesterday, got everything running and hooked up to the Wi-Fi. The fellows that came in to do the actual work were very courteous and friendly. They explained everything in detail to me from the time when the sales person to the fellow who came in to inspect the roof and the attic. I felt my room was in very good shape and it was nice to have him look it over and do it in such detail that when he was through, he said, "Yeah, the roof is in good shape and we can go ahead with this." So every step along the way, they gave me a piece of additional information that just made me feel good about the process. Also, it was pouring rain when the guy came in to do the final flipping of the switches or the hooking to the Wi-Fi. He was standing out there and soaking wet. He didn't want to wet my floors and yet my floors were just some tile stuff and it wouldn't have mattered. He was very considerate and polite.

Customer service was very thorough and detailed. There wasn't any stupid question I could ask that they didn't politely explain to me in as much detail as I felt I needed. I also liked the fact that I could interact over the emails with the sales manager as he was starting to pull all the documents and the loan business altogether. And if I lost the document in my email pile, he would send me another email to remind me to check for it. I was able to do all of this without having to go someplace and meet someone and take time off from work. And the hours of interaction were very good working around my work schedule. So that was very helpful.

Solar Five pretty much did everything. They did a good job as far as the permitting and putting the equipment together. But the system is not turned on yet because we’re still waiting for the meter that tells whatever we produce back to the grid. At one point, we thought of putting up a bunch of solar system in one of our pastures but it was expensive. It didn't seem like that's what we wanted to do.

My light bill’s going up and a lot of people told me that my roof gets a lot of sun, and because of that and for environmental reasons I decided to get Solar Five. I looked it up and read that it was good. It was very easy to enroll with them. They explained everything to me ahead of time. I got information that I need, including the amount that comes out automatically. The service has just started but so far everything’s been good and I'm very satisfied.

Solar Five held my hand and walked me through everything. Every time I had a question, I had somebody on the phone. I never had to wait. As far as customer service goes, I'd give them an A+. The install guys were also fantastic. It felt like I knew them. After two days of them being on my roof and running around my yard, I felt like inviting them over for a barbecue. Everybody was like an old friend and they just seemed like family already. I would definitely recommend them.

Solar Five came out and they’ve been excellent. I'm fully satisfied with my decision to go solar. I'm happy right now and I'd recommend them. They went out of their way to do everything properly. They were fussy and picky and had to tweak it here and there to get the set up right. They really did the extra mile to get everything done right and secure the roof, and I was really impressed. I was surprised as I didn’t think the system was gonna be that reliable but there was a lot to it.

I looked into solar energy for the cost savings and the environmental impact, and my experience with Solar Five was excellent. Enrolling with them went well. It was a relatively smooth process and they were in communication throughout. Everyone I dealt with was professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister got services with Solar Five and then she referred me. She liked it and I liked the idea of green energy so I said okay. I've got nothing to lose, hopefully. Mark was the agent I talked to and he was really nice and professional. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them. The gentleman who did the installation for the panels was very nice, professional and accommodating. I really liked the way he acted. He went above and beyond because there were some questions that I asked that were not related to even the solar panel and he answered them and provided some information.

Solar energy has a nice environmental impact and I thought it could’ve been a financial investment. I just finished my roof, so I thought it was the right timing for it.

I found Solar Five to be less salesman-like than other companies, so they stood out as a better company to go with. They were a little more straightforward, which I appreciated. They didn’t treat me like a customer that they were trying to win over with the sale. They treated me more like someone who was already informed and just wanted to hear the details, and if I wanted to do business with them, great. They always answer the phone and address my concerns when I call them.

The opportunity to look at solar energy services was appealing because I know from the experience of various friends that it's very cost-effective in the long run and it's a great thing to have. Enrolling with Solar Five was easy but there were a couple of hurdles. At the time that I was enrolling, the state of Massachusetts was unclear about how much longer the SREC II program was going to go, and that was critical to my decision. I chose Solar Five over competitors because they were willing to rush my application through and see that I could try to get into that program. That's critical for repayment of the system and Solar Five gave a wonderful service and attention up at the front regarding that.

The issue was around scheduling the actual work to be done. I was disappointed that I had started the process early in June and had gotten this far as like the financing. We stalled out around the installation, and it was considerably longer than what they had originally forecast it would take. That's for a couple of reasons: they were shorthanded in engineering staff and putting through all the permits, which I understand to be a tricky process. I thought that they would've moved along more smoothly. They should've let me know earlier that they weren't going to be able to make the original target date.

I think they would benefit from giving customers a what-to-expect table and constant reminders as to where the process is already, because it's a very complex process with all the different layers that are involved in terms of the electric company coming out with the meter, and then getting the system turned on. Although they communicate it and I can reach my field rep at any time, the process is still taking longer and I get surprises with another whole set of steps we have to go through like they got all the panels up but we weren't done halfway along. That took another week and a half to get everything on, if not two weeks to get the system turned on. I was not aware that it was going to take that long. That's because there's all these little stuff that I have to go through and I can't move faster than the regulator is moving or the utility company does.

But overall Solar Five was fabulous and it's a good company. I don't think that there are any other installers out there who would have given better customer service than they did.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 1, 2016

The workmanship was great. Very happy with the completed job.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I knew Solar Five from the salesman and some friends had it. Enrolling with Solar Five was relatively easy.

When we started to look at solar for an option, I called a few companies to get quotes. When I found Solar Five, I was impressed with their outstanding customer service. They were also local which was great. Many other companies gave me estimates over the phone and I felt they were pressuring me into signing a contract with the first call. With Solar Five, they spent the time to help me understand the options and walked me through the entire process. Their estimates were very similar to the other companies, but with a personal touch. They gathered all the information we needed to inform our decision, thoroughly reviewed our options in person, and created multiple different models of financing with predictions of the timing to return on the investment. The process for installation was smooth, quick, and well coordinated.

They took care of all the incentives and documentation and since we have turned it on, they have checked in with us multiple times to make sure we have been satisfied. We had a local transformer blow out from a power outage which cause a problem with our solar. They came to fix it the day I called. They have excellent customer support when I have called with questions about the system. They also provide online and mobile software that allows us to track our production throughout the day. It even shows each individual solar panel through the day and how much it is producing. The kids love to check it out to see how much energy we are producing. We have been up and running since March and the production has been spot on. For all these reasons, I would highly recommend Solar Five to anyone thinking about going solar.

Solar Five was totally professional throughout the entire process. They did everything for us and made it easy to start and finish the process. We've been up and running now for a year and it is perfect. I haven't paid an electric bill in 5 months and we've paid back close to 35% of the total price in 12 months. Owning was the right choice.

I was looking to lower my rates and a friend told me about Solar Five. Enrolling was fairly easy but it took longer than I expected, from the time I first met with the person till the time it got done. Other than that, everything went well. Customer service was very good.

I decided to look into solar energy services because of the opportunity to lower my utility bill and I'm very satisfied that I did. Enrolling with Solar Five was pretty easy. There was no upfront cost and everything went as promised. Any questions I've had were answered and the sales rep put everything together. Now the system is up and running and performing very well. A couple of years ago I was skeptical and ignorant about it and didn't know a lot of the details. Now, I would recommend solar power. I have actually been talking to other people about it and they don't realize the savings in the current. In fact, maybe in a couple of years we might try to get some batteries installed to start saving solar power. Probably, I can pay for the system. The next step would be to try to go totally independent.

Solar Five

Tom, thank you for your business and I'm glad it's working out well for you. It was a pleasure to work with you. Fortunately the federal tax credit, the MA $1,000 credit, AND the SREC II (State Renewable Energy Certificates) is still on for the time being. Soon it will be the SREC III Program, which we anticipate is going to be worth a bit less, but for now we're still looking good! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly if you need clarification on any of this, and thanks again for going with Solar Five!

Adam Olsen - Customer Service Manager

Original review: June 10, 2016

A Solar Five rep came to my house and introduced us to the program. He kept us informed and updated on things. We decided to look into solar energy services because of the tax credit. The installer’s very professional and did a great job on the solar system. It looked like probably one of the best that I had seen. Moreover, most of the time we get in when contacting customer service. I was contacted by Adam in their customer service, so there was follow through. When I have questions, I'd call him. He calls me back and gives me the answer. If he doesn’t have it, he will find me the answer and it worked out great.

The only thing I dislike was that it took so long to install. We started out in September of last year and we waited for things to completely get it going. We didn’t get the project started until December 31st to install the inverter. Finally, we got the installation right then. And then from there on, we had to wait for the panels so we didn’t complete our entire project until February. Then the part that was complete would take forever. We’re still waiting to be finalized by the state for the electricity to be sold back into the system. But all in all, its system is up and running and making power right now. They hit a few snags here and there but they got it done. It’s good and I’m satisfied with the system. I’d highly recommend it to anybody who wanted one. But right now, the tax credit is no longer available so I don't know how it's appealing to others.

Solar Five Company Profile