4.95/5

Looking for a solar energy company?

Massachusetts

Solar Five provides solar power for homes and businesses. Focused on professionalism and excellent customer service, we offer weekly check-ins after your solar system is professionally installed so you’re never left hanging. Delivering clean, renewable energy that saves you money, while also helping the environment, is our priority. Our team believes in building long-lasting partnerships that benefit our customers and their communities. If you live in Massachusetts, give us a call today!

Looking for a solar energy company?

22 Solar Five Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Having Solar Five was one of the best decisions I made for a home. I've known them through the MESA program. The person we dealt with, as well as their installers, were excellent. I've already recommended Solar Five to others.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I went looking into solar on the web and I interviewed five different companies. I liked the Solar Five people I was dealing with better than others and they were helpful with the financing. I’ve only been with them a month and I haven’t had an electric bill yet. But if the web monitoring system is right, it should be very good. The only bad thing about going with any of this stuff is that there are so many different hands in it like the financing people, the state people, the electric companies and the engineers. But Solar Five's reps did a pretty good job in getting all that in line. Their customer service people were very good, too. They said the process would be completed in 12 weeks and it was done in 12 weeks. I’d recommend them to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Our electric bill was so high and solar energy services was a great way to go. Solar Five was top notch and they helped us all the way. Also, everybody was great. Trevor gets right on the phone for me, helps me out and sends me an email right away to tell me what I should be doing. Even if something was coming, he would let me know to look over such and such and to let him know and he would take care of everything. They made it so easy to have them do all the work. They're the best company I've ever had to deal with and I would recommend them to anybody.

Original review: June 18, 2017

My husband was looking at solar energy service as an alternative because he is retired and he wanted to look into any possible ways to save on some expenses. We liked Solar Five's service, the information they provided us with and, in comparison to other companies, they were more professional. And their willingness to come back and go over the information with us, to make sure that we understood it completely. They put up with me asking a lot of questions and in the end, Scott and I agreed that they would be the ones we’d go with. The whole enrollment process was seamless when they came to install it only took a day and a half. It was done so professionally and with no problems. If we had issues like automatic deduction, Bridgette took care of everything and it has only been a couple of weeks and we already see a dip in the electric bill. Solar Five is definitely worth it.

Original review: May 17, 2017

We looked into solar energy services because we thought it might be worthwhile doing. Solar Five came out and explained what they're going to do. They went above and beyond to make everything work for us. They've been very helpful and I'm glad I went with them. I'm 100% satisfied. We're making power like we’re supposed to and everything's wonderful. I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Solar Five?

Original review: April 29, 2017

We were investigating another vendor online and came across Solar Five who we've never heard of. They had good customer ratings, so we contacted them. We're not sure if we're going to get the return on our investment or not by going solar. But our experience with Solar Five has been very good. The enrollment process was as easy as going to Burger King. I've never met them in real life, but every concern has been met adequately and immediately by somebody, whether it's customer or technical service. They seem to be a very good team. We've interacted with a couple of other solar vendors and it went not so positively. But Solar Five had certainly met high expectations.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with Solar Five. However we were supposed to get money back each month and it takes three months before you get it back. There's no way of knowing that that's going to happen since they haven't completed the job yet. There were no problems interacting with their customer service. They did what they were supposed to do and they were very good at what they were doing.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I looked at all the solar companies that were out there and I wasn't comfortable taking off on my own. But when I interacted with the folks of Solar Five, I felt much better about taking the plunge because I felt I was gonna be guided along the way. When I spoke to the salesperson, I realized that a lot of the stuff was gonna be taken care of and managed for me and I didn't have to worry about getting permits, so I decided it was the right time to do it.

Also, I had always been under the misconception that my house wasn't positioned particularly well to take advantage of the solar. And when I spoke to the salesperson, I realized that I was seriously mistaken. I liked that fact that I could do everything online. I was able to take the time because I had the documents in front of me. I could sit down and really go over all of them in detail at my leisure. And that was very helpful. I also liked that it didn't interfere heavily with my work schedule. And so as it all unfolded and I realized how much was involved, I was very pleasantly surprised that all of it was taken care of online and it could be handled that way.

I liked the guys that came in to do the work. My house was coated in snow and mud on the outside. They had to spend a lot of time in my basement, and they were so careful to make sure that nothing was gonna happen with my white rugs down there. I felt so good about them after the first day that I allowed them to come back in the second day. They had my permission and I left the door for them so they can use the restrooms. They really gave off a very good air and a comfort level that I didn't have any problem with doing that with them.

They finished up yesterday, got everything running and hooked up to the Wi-Fi. The fellows that came in to do the actual work were very courteous and friendly. They explained everything in detail to me from the time when the sales person to the fellow who came in to inspect the roof and the attic. I felt my room was in very good shape and it was nice to have him look it over and do it in such detail that when he was through, he said, "Yeah, the roof is in good shape and we can go ahead with this." So every step along the way, they gave me a piece of additional information that just made me feel good about the process. Also, it was pouring rain when the guy came in to do the final flipping of the switches or the hooking to the Wi-Fi. He was standing out there and soaking wet. He didn't want to wet my floors and yet my floors were just some tile stuff and it wouldn't have mattered. He was very considerate and polite.

Customer service was very thorough and detailed. There wasn't any stupid question I could ask that they didn't politely explain to me in as much detail as I felt I needed. I also liked the fact that I could interact over the emails with the sales manager as he was starting to pull all the documents and the loan business altogether. And if I lost the document in my email pile, he would send me another email to remind me to check for it. I was able to do all of this without having to go someplace and meet someone and take time off from work. And the hours of interaction were very good working around my work schedule. So that was very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Solar Five pretty much did everything. They did a good job as far as the permitting and putting the equipment together. But the system is not turned on yet because we’re still waiting for the meter that tells whatever we produce back to the grid. At one point, we thought of putting up a bunch of solar system in one of our pastures but it was expensive. It didn't seem like that's what we wanted to do.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My light bill’s going up and a lot of people told me that my roof gets a lot of sun, and because of that and for environmental reasons I decided to get Solar Five. I looked it up and read that it was good. It was very easy to enroll with them. They explained everything to me ahead of time. I got information that I need, including the amount that comes out automatically. The service has just started but so far everything’s been good and I'm very satisfied.

Solar Five expert review by Zachary Shahan

Based in Massachusetts, this company provides affordable solar energy to homeowners, businesses and governments. They manage the installation process from start to finish for an easy transition to solar power.

• Solar Five Ambassador Program: Solar Five will give customers a $500 Visa gift card if the person they refer ends up going solar. There is no limit to the number of referrals a customer can make.

• Community-focused: Solar Five believes in building a stronger community by supporting neighborhood businesses that employ local residents. They also support local initiatives.

• Weekly check-ins: Once the sales period has closed, Solar Five will keep you updated with weekly check-ins, so you always know the status of your solar project.

• Financing options: Solar Five customers can purchase their system in full or finance it using a lease, PPA, solar loan or MASS Solar Loan, a program in which the state of Massachusetts buys down the interest on your solar loan.

• Free online quote: Get a free quote for your solar energy project using Solar Five’s online quote form. Input your address, contact information, average monthly electric bill and any additional information you want to provide to receive your quote.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
      Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Solar Five Company Information