Formerly POWERHOME SOLAR

out of business
 3.0/5 (141 ratings)

About Pink Energy

Pink Energy specializes in solar energy for residential and commercial properties. It is a full-service provider that coordinates the design, procurement, permitting, interconnection and construction of solar panel systems and associated equipment, including battery backups. The company employs licensed electricians as required by law.

Pros

• $0 down payment options
  • Military and veteran discounts
  • Energy-saving home upgrades available
  • American-made solar panels

Cons

• Not available in all areas
  • No leasing program

Bottom Line

Pink Energy offers residential and commercial energy solutions. Its systems include tier-one panels for maximum efficiency. It offers efficiency upgrades and accessories like smart power strips and insulation products.

Pink Energy services

Once you express interest, a Pink Energy consultant visits your home for an on-site audit. Once you sign a contract, your project goes through design, permitting, homeowners association approvals (if applicable) and interconnection before the final steps of scheduling and installation — nearly all of which is completed in-house by Pink Energy's own employees.

Pink Energy’s most popular package comes with panels, a battery backup (or energy storage system) and several energy-saving home upgrades. Available solutions to maximize potential efficiency include:

• Nest Thermostat
  • Attic baffles
  • Attic staircase cover
  • Blown insulation

Pink Energy costs

Like most solar companies, Pink Energy doesn’t publicly disclose average or starting costs. This is because prices vary based on location, current power usage and other factors. For the most accurate cost estimate, contact the company for a free quote.

Quotes for solar energy system installation costs include the panels, batteries, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware. The Pink Energy team also handles system design and filing of the required local permits.

Pink Energy offers discounts for military personnel and veterans.

Pink Energy financing options

At the time of publishing, Pink Energy customers can pay for panel systems upfront or through a third-party financing program. For qualified customers, 100% financing is available with zero down payment and no prepayment penalty. Those who would rather pay for their system outright can take advantage of home equity loan programs, which may include tax-deductible interest. Pink Energy does not offer a solar leasing program.

Pink Energy FAQ

Where is Pink Energy available?

Pink Energy currently has offices in 15 states:

• Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Do Pink Energy systems come with a warranty?

Yes, Pink Energy panels come with up to a 30-year linear power performance guarantee and a 25-year product workmanship guarantee (12-year warranty extendable based on registration with the manufacturer).

How long does the Pink Energy rebate work?

As of the publishing date, the minimum after-installation rebate is $2,040. On average, rebates take six to eight weeks after installation for processing. Note that rebates are not applied toward a loan by Pink Energy — you’re still responsible for paying monthly loan payments to your lender.

Does Pink Energy guarantee tax credits?

No, the company makes no guarantees regarding any customer’s eligibility for tax credits.

Where is Pink Energy headquartered?

Pink Energy is based in Mooresville, North Carolina.

Is Pink Energy legit?

Yes, Pink Energy is a legitimate company that has grown to over 2,200 employees and more than 30,000 customers across 15 states. Its business has expanded from providing exclusively residential solar systems to installing commercial solar power systems for businesses across multiple industries. If you’re interested in solar power, contact the company to learn whether your property qualifies and get more information.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pink Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pink Energy?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

In Michigan, we deal with a lot of road construction. Our roads deteriorate fast. We are used to being rerouted when small bumps become potholes so roads can be repaired. Small bumps are no big deal. My experience with this company was not without small bumps. In fact, I had a pretty big one when their install team made an error, causing my system to not perform as planned. Like the big bumps in Michigan roads, though, I watched as the departments of this company took their time to evaluate the situation, learn from it, and resolve the issue in due time. Though the process wasn't without bumps, the end result was perfect, and the company showed themselves to be honest and reliable. I couldn't be more happy with the results of my solar power system!

Pink Energy response

We are glad to see you are satisfied with the results of Pink Energy's work! It's our mission to provide all of our customers with a great experience from start to finish, and we are so glad that you chose us! Thank you!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We had a 10kW system with an 18kWh battery backup installed. The process was fairly smooth with only 2 glitches and both were resolved quickly to bring the entire install process up to PTO from Duke to completion about a month earlier than the estimated date. The installers were amazingly friendly and hard workers. Customer service responded to questions and issues quickly. I'm very happy with the system. if I had one suggestion/complaint it would be to work on their phone system as I was dropped in transfer a few times - but was able to get right back to the person I needed by calling back.

Pink Energy response

Hi Ryan, we are so excited to hear you are enjoying your solar system! We have some of the best team members in the industry and we are happy to know they were able to assist you accordingly. We appreciate your great review!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Although their prices are above average compared to others locally, PHS was nationally recognized and fairly a turn key operation from signing up, permits, etc. to complete. Pleased with experience, warranty, and service so far. Feel good about deciding to be my own power source also.

Pink Energy response

Hi Penny, thank you for seeing the value in our ability to do the behind-the-scenes work for you so you don't have to worry about much at all! All the best with you in joining the solar energy movement!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Experience was good. ....We need someone to get back to us about the what we were promised when we bought the system. We were promised a lot more panel production than what we're getting. We were told it would get reviewed in a year and it has come and gone and still no review.

Hello Lauretta,

We want to ensure that you are followed up with with a yearly review of your system and the production you have had over the year. A representative will be reaching out to you to discuss your review.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

The salesman was very knowledgeable. The installation went as planned. It was very neat and clean job. they did not leave a mess for me to clean up. I feel like my power supplier should have been lined for inspection and meter swap out for the next week after installation. I have a system that is not working.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and to better assist you, we will have a representative reach out to you to follow up on these delays you are having.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Solar links down since June. NO response even after multiple calls, and emails, This is the second time the links have stopped working, and it hasn't even been a year since installation. Now we are paying 70K in monthly installments in addition to our regular electricity bill. We are now done with this defective/non-functional product and non-existent service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We spent a lot of money in 2018 when Pink Energy was Power Homes. We have made several calls to get help. Just this past month someone was scheduled to come out on three different occasions and no one showed up. No one called to let us know they were coming. Today we were promised someone would come and another no show. My wife called their office and was placed on hold for over an hour and a half. They assured us this time they would come on September 30, 2022. Their excuse was that they have lost a lot of their staff. Yes our fun meter has been pegged out over this experience.!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Terrible customers service. Always on hold for over an hour and sometime 2 or 3 hours. No one ever has an answer for me. My power bill has not shrunk yet. Making payments on a loan I was told I wouldn't do for 1 year from now. System was turned on without a actual inspection done. I have spent the last 3 months trying to get this company to make a inspection date. Then when they did no one informed me so, no one was home. The inspection failed. I was told this set up would run my home and barn and it doesn't even do 3 rooms in our home.

Pink Energy response

Hi Sabrina, thank you for reaching out to us. We are here to help in every way possible. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you soon, we appreciate your patience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We just discovered when they came out to install our panels that the system WILL NOT PERFORM like the salesmen who sold it to us said it would. When we decided to cancel, we were told that we were past the cancel date and the fact that the system does not function the WAY WE WERE TOLD IT WOULD was fault for not reading our contract. What kind of business is this? They tell you what you want to hear and have you sign a contract that isn't anywhere close to what they tell you, then tell you it's all your fault for not reading the contract. Now they say we have to pay a $9,000 cancellation fee, FOR WHAT? I'd advise you to think very carefully about doing business with this company. We are certainly regretting it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

This company Power Home Solar/Pink Energy should be immediately shut down. They changed their name in order to avoid all of the lawsuits and bad press about scamming customers and bad products. I have 12 panels and a battery backup and my system has been inoperable for longer than it has worked. The owner and all management should be arrested and have all their assets taken to pay back the people they have harmed. I have paid for my system for 3 years and I have never reached anywhere close to what I was told the system could provide.

I have had to take multiple days off work to sit on the phone for hours straight without reaching anyone, and when you do they apologize for the wait, claim they know of the problems and are working to fix them without ever fixing them. Someone needs to be held accountable for this. Either fix the problems and refund the money lost due to faulty products or get your trash off my roof and repay all money spent.

Pink Energy response

We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry to hear your negative experience thus far. Someone from our team will be reaching out to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

Pink Energy Company Information