Formerly POWERHOME SOLAR

3.2/5 (88 ratings)

About Pink Energy

Pink Energy specializes in solar energy for residential and commercial properties. It is a full-service provider that coordinates the design, procurement, permitting, interconnection and construction of solar panel systems and associated equipment, including battery backups. The company employs licensed electricians as required by law.

Pros

• $0 down payment options
  • Military and veteran discounts
  • Energy-saving home upgrades available
  • American-made solar panels

Cons

• Not available in all areas
  • No leasing program

Bottom Line

Pink Energy offers residential and commercial energy solutions. Its systems include tier-one panels for maximum efficiency. It offers efficiency upgrades and accessories like smart power strips and insulation products.

Pink Energy services

Once you express interest, a Pink Energy consultant visits your home for an on-site audit. Once you sign a contract, your project goes through design, permitting, homeowners association approvals (if applicable) and interconnection before the final steps of scheduling and installation — nearly all of which is completed in-house by Pink Energy's own employees.

Pink Energy’s most popular package comes with panels, a battery backup (or energy storage system) and several energy-saving home upgrades. Available solutions to maximize potential efficiency include:

• Nest Thermostat
  • Attic baffles
  • Attic staircase cover
  • Blown insulation

Pink Energy costs

Like most solar companies, Pink Energy doesn’t publicly disclose average or starting costs. This is because prices vary based on location, current power usage and other factors. For the most accurate cost estimate, contact the company for a free quote.

Quotes for solar energy system installation costs include the panels, batteries, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware. The Pink Energy team also handles system design and filing of the required local permits.

Pink Energy offers discounts for military personnel and veterans.

Pink Energy financing options

At the time of publishing, Pink Energy customers can pay for panel systems upfront or through a third-party financing program. For qualified customers, 100% financing is available with zero down payment and no prepayment penalty. Those who would rather pay for their system outright can take advantage of home equity loan programs, which may include tax-deductible interest. Pink Energy does not offer a solar leasing program.

Pink Energy FAQ

Where is Pink Energy available?

Pink Energy currently has offices in 15 states:

• Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Do Pink Energy systems come with a warranty?

Yes, Pink Energy panels come with up to a 30-year linear power performance guarantee and a 25-year product workmanship guarantee (12-year warranty extendable based on registration with the manufacturer).

How long does the Pink Energy rebate work?

As of the publishing date, the minimum after-installation rebate is $2,040. On average, rebates take six to eight weeks after installation for processing. Note that rebates are not applied toward a loan by Pink Energy — you’re still responsible for paying monthly loan payments to your lender.

Does Pink Energy guarantee tax credits?

No, the company makes no guarantees regarding any customer’s eligibility for tax credits.

Where is Pink Energy headquartered?

Pink Energy is based in Mooresville, North Carolina.

Is Pink Energy legit?

Yes, Pink Energy is a legitimate company that has grown to over 2,200 employees and more than 30,000 customers across 15 states. Its business has expanded from providing exclusively residential solar systems to installing commercial solar power systems for businesses across multiple industries. If you’re interested in solar power, contact the company to learn whether your property qualifies and get more information.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pink Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pink Energy?

Original review: June 7, 2022

We had a 10kW system with an 18kWh battery backup installed. The process was fairly smooth with only 2 glitches and both were resolved quickly to bring the entire install process up to PTO from Duke to completion about a month earlier than the estimated date. The installers were amazingly friendly and hard workers. Customer service responded to questions and issues quickly. I'm very happy with the system. if I had one suggestion/complaint it would be to work on their phone system as I was dropped in transfer a few times - but was able to get right back to the person I needed by calling back.

Pink Energy response

Hi Ryan, we are so excited to hear you are enjoying your solar system! We have some of the best team members in the industry and we are happy to know they were able to assist you accordingly. We appreciate your great review!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

You need more employees like the two techs that just left my house. Both are very professional, knowledgeable, and they seem to care about their work. I recommend a leadership or management role for both of them within the company. They went above and beyond what they was here to fix, by simply explaining my system which was never done before. From someone looking outside at your company, you need more employees like these guys. 15 out of 10 rating for them.

Pink Energy response

Hi Marco, thank you for leaving your feedback and having such effusive praise for the technicians that visited your home! We appreciate you being a POWERHOME SOLAR customer. All the best in the days, months and years ahead!

Original review: July 7, 2021

Our initial installation for our panels and energy-saving package went smoothly. The workers were professional and walked us through the basic operation of the panels once they were finished the installation process. I highly recommend Power Home Solar if you are shopping for solar energy!

Pink Energy response

Eric, we are happy to hear that you have had a satisfactory experience with POWERHOME SOLAR! We take pride in helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint and are overjoyed to hear the entire process for you was enjoyable. We look forward to hearing more about your solar journey in the future!

Original review: July 6, 2021

I had Power Home Solar convert my home to 98% offset. From start to finish it was an amazing experience. My salesman Jay was very informative, not pushy at all and helped me make the right decisions. When it came to the install, the installation team was phenomenal, timely, professional and very capable of taking care of everything in a timely fashion. I highly recommend Power Home Solar. Thank you for allowing me to create my own energy!

Pink Energy response

Hi Alesha! We are happy to hear about your positive experience in owning your power! Thank you for your positive feedback and keep letting the sunshine in!

Original review: July 6, 2021

My experience with Power Home Solar has been great. I had my solar installed three years ago. Starting with a roof which Power Home Solar installed. They did an excellent job in three days. It was bitter cold but the crew worked hard and everyone was always friendly. The solar install took three days. From answering my questions to working around my dogs the crew was outstanding. With the help of customer service I myself turned on my system which was exciting. During the wait time (I signed in September and got installed in January customer service was always there for me and if I got a recording they called back right away. This company takes care of its customers. Had only two minor problems with my system (connection problems) that the company took care of right away. Saving so much money with my system, I recommend solar to anyone. With ever rising cost of power it is a no brainer and Power Home Solar delivers.

Pink Energy response

Claudia, we are glad you've had such a great experience with POWERHOME SOLAR! We take pride in helping customers own their power and join the green movement! We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing more about your solar journey in the future!

Original review: June 16, 2022

Run as fast as you can from this company. What they sell you is not what you get, customer service is hideous and system is ineffective. Or at least the 80k system we had installed a year ago, which has worked for 10 days of that year, is ineffective. And does NOT generate what we were sold when it does work. They damaged our roof and we have black mold in our bedroom. They damaged our bathroom ceiling when they stepped through it and "patched" it so it is lumpy and cracked. I spend hours on hold weekly trying to reach a resolution. I just want them to remove these things from my home, fix my roof, and pay off or cancel the 80000 we were charged for this system. Solar with this company is the absolute worst decision we have ever made.

Pink Energy response

Billy, we are sorry that your system is not functioning, but I know our team is working to fix that very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 2, 2022

1st, our salesman was great. This review is being written while on hold now going on 50 minutes. On the Day the install crew arrived, the Crew leader exited his vehicle on the phone, and he was saying “if they’re going to fire me, they’ll have to do it to my face”. The install was completed without many issues, however, when it came time for inspections, they failed HARD. There were issues regarding safety as well as workmanship. The breakers installed were sun damaged and brittle, they were lacking hold down interlocks, they did not meet manufacture recommended code for the room where the inverter and battery were installed and the system did no get installed per the drawings that were submitted to the County. The company, then Power Home Solar, now Pink Energy canceled repair service the day of or day before on no less than 4 occasions.

On days that a tech arrived, they may fix one of the failed issues. But never all until the final visit, and several times fixed nothing, took pictures, and assured me the next time they came, they would be able to take care of the rest. I always had to inform the tech crews what the issues were, because they only once showed up aware of all issues needing remedied.

I am currently producing 0-zero solar energy as all of my PV links are DOWN. The first went down in March, and they scheduled repair in May. They canceled that service on my and moved it to July. The other 2 PV links have since failed and I am paying for a product that is producing nothing. The worst part is the phone tag. Customer service does allow for a callback, but tech support does not. So actually talking to the people that can schedule the appointment tends to take multiple calls and long hold times. Sometimes to no avail. I am considering digging into UDAAP or other regulations the relationship may be in violation of. Unfortunately I am tied to Pink Energy, and their terrible service for any repairs. Thanks for reading.

Pink Energy response

Hi William, we apologize for the wait time. We have located your account in our system and will have a team member reach out to you. We appreciate your patience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 27, 2022

This company is the LARGEST waste of time and dang near highway robbery on their quotes! DO NOT SIGN A DARN THING WITH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 1 MORE QUOTE TO COMPARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING WITHOUT HAVING 24 HOURS TO REVIEW FOR YOURSELF!!! I like using Energy sage as you get 2-4 quotes with minimal time involvement.

Pink Energy scheduled a 1 hour on site assessment. My field consultant (Kurt) was solid. Came in, took a bunch of pictures around the house and in the attics. Was fairly knowledgeable. That took around 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad. Then we connected to a "senior consultant" and things went downhill. I made it clear I had already shopped around and just looking for a quote. They required a full dog and pony show, explaining how great the company was and everything. There were 15 minutes or so of technical difficulties, which I can understand as they are changing their process, but it took 2 hours for me to get to the actual quote! When I did, I almost fell off my seat. The consultant was a typical sales person, trying to build my ego and make me feel good at first, then getting real pushy to close the sale. They wanted $40K (before 26% tax credit) for the system!!!

I then heard them talking about "16" several times so I thought they meant 16 KW, which made me feel a bit better, but then I looked on the page (which they did not mention) and it was 16 PANELs, and 6KW (NO battery)!!! THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!! They were more than double then nearly every other company, even those that used the same darn panels! Yes, they added a few nice energy efficient upgrades (insulation, light bulbs, smart thermostat), but that is only if you need them (I could only use a few inches of insulation). They also add those to the energy coverage to make it look like they are really covering more energy than is true. All the while they only said the monthly payment and low interest rate, but did not mention the loan was over 25 years until I asked.

Then when I said I need to run the numbers myself, the consultant kept saying "Ok, so you have them now, want to call back in a couple hours or tonight?" (I said, "I need a couple days"). "Ok, let's schedule a call for when you get out of work tomorrow." (I said, Let's do in two days"). "Let's set up time for tomorrow just 'to touch base." DUDE! I work full time and need time to digest all this and honestly thought I was missing something at that cost.

Very glad I have a finance background and was able to see through their **. They sell you on payment, which looks close to the coverage, but SOOOO much in the details. They did not even send me a quote, though recorded the whole conversation (which of course I did not receive a copy of). I have no clue how this company is in business. Maybe they make you feel like you have already invested so much time that you may as well go with them? IDK. My experience might be a one off, but I would not recommend this to anyone. Go with another big installer or a local mom and pop, anyone but this company. You will save $10K+ by just looking at someone else.

Pink Energy response

Hi Josh, we offer a quality system to our thousands of customers. We are sorry to hear you were not enticed by the quote given. If you change your mind, we would love to still work with you through the process. Thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Today 05/10/2022 once again, Power Home Solar/Pink Energy has not full-filled their contract responsibilities. Three (3) weeks ago they were supposed to contact us to set up "Another" appointment to fix their electrical "mess." Not following instructions from Center Point Energy, of which we were copied on through email.

They did "not" coordinate within the company and sent a one (1) man team, "Without" any supplies or tools!! Power Home Solar/Pink Energy does not communicate "within" the corporation, with electrical providers or with their customers.

Except to promise and deceive people with lies to get them to sign a contract. Contact dates by phone to resolve issues: 12/28/2021, 01/10/2022, 01/19/2022, 01/10/2011, 02/01/2022, 02/28/2022, 03/01/2022, 03/01/2022, 03/17/2022, 03.17/2022, 03/17/2022, 03/22/2022, 04/04/2022, 04/04/2022, 04/05/202204, 05/2022, 04/04/2022, 04/15/2022, 05/10/2022. This does not include all the text messages trying to get “anyone” out here to fix this mess. Now "Waiting" once more for a call back!! This company is a "Joke!!!" The Attorney General of Texas should Stop/Prevent this company of lies from stealing from honest families that trusted the salesman's lies!!! Predatory thiefs!!!!

Pink Energy response

Hi Betty, we are sorry to hear experience has been less than satisfactory. We have located your account in our system and will have a team member reach out to you. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I am a 10 year Air Force (disabled) Veteran and a 9 year medically retired Police Officer. I and my wife, who is a current Detective with our local Sheriff's Office, were taken advantage of by the company PowerHome Solar, soon to become Pink Energy. We were repeatedly lied to during the sales process and continually after the sale. It is my concern that if people such as ourselves who are pretty savvy and have a healthy natural suspicion can be so easily taken advantage of, what will happen to people who are more trusting?

In the early part of March 2021 I was concerned with losing power during spring storms. This led me to search online for backup generators. This then led me to the company Generac who is a well known backup generator company. As it turns out Generac was partnered with a company called Powerhome Solar to provide backup batteries to their systems.

As I researched the company I couldn't find many negatives and the couple I did find I wrote off to a couple upset customers, not the majority. I recently found out the company continually scrubs the internet to maintain a decent reputation. Since the company appeared to have a decent reputation and made claims that you could "own your power," I contacted them in the first couple weeks of March 2021.

A salesperson came to our house and seemed pretty knowledgeable. My wife and I asked a litany of questions to include how much power the system would generate, what happens if it does not generate enough, what happens during bad weather and snow etc. all of our questions were answered to our satisfaction. We were told repeatedly that if the system underperformed they would make it right, they would add panels to cover the lack of production. We were told that the panels were designed to slough off snow to start working as soon as possible after snowstorms.

We were told that we needed a 11.55KW system to provide the power our family needed, to include charging a Tesla we owned at the time. The system was installed In April 2021. This was one of the worst financial mistakes my wife and I have ever made. The system has never performed to the level advertised. We asked about adding capacity and were told "we don't do that." Service people came out to the house and told us the panels were facing the wrong direction. Needless to say we did not turn our house and the system was designed that way.

I asked what I could do and the technician said they needed to be tilted to face the sun more directly, I asked how to get that done and he told me they don't do it, but he had seen it at other companies. To the best of my knowledge the most power the system produces under ideal conditions (no clouds) was just over 8KW. As mentioned above we addressed snow, the panels are actually the last thing to melt after a snowstorm causing zero production until they thaw.

The installation itself was less than ideal. The technicians left a mess on our property, tools in our garage, nails in the driveway, etc. This caused me to blow out a tire on our Tesla Model S. As you can imagine this is not cheap (over 400$). I don't like to make accusations I can't prove so at the time I did not address it with the company because I couldn't be 100% sure they caused it.

Shortly after installation of the system, the Generac inverter burned out. The company eventually came out and changed the inverter and one of the technicians almost killed himself by working with a screwdriver through live wires carrying over 400V. He touched one of them and it arced and I heard a boom. He actually showed me the screwdriver and it was burned and melted. This tells me they don't know what they are doing and shouldn't be trusted with people's homes. The inverter was never installed correctly causing the internet to not connect to the company. This is still an ongoing problem and they use it as an excuse to not be able to see how much we are producing.

When it comes to underproduction, this is where the large part of our frustration comes in. The system underperforms so badly that instead of producing more power than we used as they said it would, we actually pay as much as double our old payment for electricity. This is because we are paying for the solar system payment and for electricity we have to still get from the power company.

The financial woes from this system are going to continue to get worse. During the sales process of the system we were told we would get a 26% rebate on the price of the system from the federal government. The salesman showed us the payments we would need to make including this credit. As it turns out the credit is on taxes owed. This is causing us to take 5 years to get the full amount back. In the meantime the loan will adjust higher because we are unable to pay it down, directly caused by not getting the tax money back like they told us we would. If we continue at the current pace we will be over 14,000$ behind by the end of 2022.

Powerhome Solar should not be permitted to operate in Missouri, or anywhere else for that matter. They are dishonest, misleading and greedy. They take advantage of people who are just trying to do the right thing. How many times have we seen that we have to use less fossil fuels and be more responsible? It is no wonder people are so hesitant to convert with predatory companies like this out preying on people. They are actively taking food out of my children's mouths by their dishonesty. This letter does not include every problem my family has encountered with Powerhome Solar (Pink Energy). These are merely the highlights. All we ever wanted was for the system to perform like they said it would. This is obviously too much to ask of the company, and they know it. At this point I want this system off of my house before it causes any more damage and I want the loan forgiven. I want it to be like I never contacted this business.

Pink Energy response

Hi Jon, we appreciate you voicing your concerns and want to address your issues accordingly. We have located your account in our system and will have a team member reach out to you. We appreciate your patience.

Pink Energy Company Information