2.9/5 (21 ratings)

About POWERHOME SOLAR

POWERHOME SOLAR specializes in solar energy for residential and commercial properties. It is a full-service provider that coordinates the design, procurement, permitting, interconnection and construction of solar panel systems and associated equipment, including battery backups. The company employs licensed electricians as required by law.

Pros

• $0 down payment options
  • Military and veteran discounts
  • Energy-saving upgrades available
  • American-made solar panels

Cons

• Not available in all areas
  • No leasing program

Bottom Line

POWERHOME SOLAR offers residential and commercial energy solutions. Its systems have tier-one panels for maximum efficiency. It offers upgrades and accessories like smart power strips and insulation products.

POWERHOME SOLAR services

Once you express interest, a POWERHOME SOLAR consultant visits your home for an on-site audit. Once you sign a contract, your project goes through design, permitting, homeowners association approvals and interconnection before scheduling and installation — all of which is completed in-house by POWERHOME SOLAR's own employees.

POWERHOME SOLAR’s most popular package comes with panels, a battery backup (or energy storage system) and up to 10 energy-saving upgrades. Available solutions to maximize potential efficiency include:

• Nest Thermostat
  • Attic baffles
  • Attic staircase cover
  • Blown insulation

POWERHOME SOLAR costs

Like most solar companies, POWERHOME SOLAR doesn’t publicly disclose average or starting costs. This is because prices vary based on location, current power usage and other factors. For the most accurate cost estimate, contact the company for a free quote.

Quotes for solar panel installation costs include the panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware. The POWERHOME SOLAR team also helps with design and filing local permits.

POWERHOME SOLAR offers discounts for military personnel and veterans.

POWERHOME SOLAR financing options

At the time of publishing, POWERHOME SOLAR customers can pay for panel systems upfront or through a third-party financing program. For qualified customers, 100% financing is available with zero down payment and no prepayment penalty. Those who would rather pay for their system outright can take advantage of home equity loan programs, which may be tax-deductible. POWERHOME SOLAR does not offer a solar leasing program.

POWERHOME SOLAR FAQ

Where is POWERHOME SOLAR available?
POWERHOME SOLAR currently has offices in 15 states:
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
Do POWERHOME SOLAR systems come with a warranty?
Yes, POWERHOME SOLAR provides a manufacturer's 30-year linear power performance guarantee plus a 25-year product workmanship guarantee.
How long does the POWERHOME SOLAR rebate work?
As of the publishing date, the minimum after-installation rebate is $2,040. On average, rebates take six to eight weeks after installation for processing. Note that rebates are not applied toward a loan by POWERHOME SOLAR — you’re still responsible for paying monthly loan payments to your lender.
Does POWERHOME SOLAR guarantee tax credits?
No, the company makes no guarantees regarding any customer’s eligibility for tax credits.
Where is POWERHOME SOLAR headquartered?
POWERHOME SOLAR is based in Mooresville, North Carolina.

Is POWERHOME SOLAR legit?

Yes, POWERHOME SOLAR is a legitimate company that has grown to have over 2,200 employees and more than 30,000 customers across 15 states. Its business has expanded from providing exclusively residential solar systems to installing commercial solar power systems for businesses across multiple industries. If you’re interested in solar power, contact the company to learn if your property qualifies and get more information.

POWERHOME SOLAR Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POWERHOME SOLAR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about POWERHOME SOLAR?

Original review: July 23, 2021

This is our second experience with this company. Very happy with everything they have done. We first did windows and now they just completed our new roof and gutters. We have really bad experiences with other companies in the past and Power made it so smooth and easy. We would highly recommend.

POWERHOME SOLAR response

Hi Maryanne, we are thrilled you had a great experience in having your new roof installed! However, I believe you have the wrong company as we specialize in solar panel installations. Nevertheless, thank you for the 5 star review!

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

You need more employees like the two techs that just left my house. Both are very professional, knowledgeable, and they seem to care about their work. I recommend a leadership or management role for both of them within the company. They went above and beyond what they was here to fix, by simply explaining my system which was never done before. From someone looking outside at your company, you need more employees like these guys. 15 out of 10 rating for them.

POWERHOME SOLAR response

Hi Marco, thank you for leaving your feedback and having such effusive praise for the technicians that visited your home! We appreciate you being a POWERHOME SOLAR customer. All the best in the days, months and years ahead!

Original review: July 7, 2021

Our initial installation for our panels and energy-saving package went smoothly. The workers were professional and walked us through the basic operation of the panels once they were finished the installation process. I highly recommend Power Home Solar if you are shopping for solar energy!

POWERHOME SOLAR response

Eric, we are happy to hear that you have had a satisfactory experience with POWERHOME SOLAR! We take pride in helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint and are overjoyed to hear the entire process for you was enjoyable. We look forward to hearing more about your solar journey in the future!

Original review: July 6, 2021

I had Power Home Solar convert my home to 98% offset. From start to finish it was an amazing experience. My salesman Jay was very informative, not pushy at all and helped me make the right decisions. When it came to the install, the installation team was phenomenal, timely, professional and very capable of taking care of everything in a timely fashion. I highly recommend Power Home Solar. Thank you for allowing me to create my own energy!

POWERHOME SOLAR response

Hi Alesha! We are happy to hear about your positive experience in owning your power! Thank you for your positive feedback and keep letting the sunshine in!

Original review: July 6, 2021

My experience with Power Home Solar has been great. I had my solar installed three years ago. Starting with a roof which Power Home Solar installed. They did an excellent job in three days. It was bitter cold but the crew worked hard and everyone was always friendly. The solar install took three days. From answering my questions to working around my dogs the crew was outstanding. With the help of customer service I myself turned on my system which was exciting. During the wait time (I signed in September and got installed in January customer service was always there for me and if I got a recording they called back right away. This company takes care of its customers. Had only two minor problems with my system (connection problems) that the company took care of right away. Saving so much money with my system, I recommend solar to anyone. With ever rising cost of power it is a no brainer and Power Home Solar delivers.

POWERHOME SOLAR response

Claudia, we are glad you've had such a great experience with POWERHOME SOLAR! We take pride in helping customers own their power and join the green movement! We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing more about your solar journey in the future!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The biggest problem was getting the unit installed. It took a year to get it inspected as it took four inspections for it to pass. The customer service is horrible to say the least. A month after it passed the PV S205 failed, which Generac and Powerhome were aware of the failure in the product. It will take 3 weeks for a technician to fix it.

Mr. Alston,

We apologize for the delays you experienced when getting your system up and running. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a great and timely experience and it seems this was not the case for you. We have had a specialist reach out to you in regards to your issues and will make sure we get these addressed and handled immediately. Thank you for bringing these issues to us so we can look further into it and make things right by you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

System does not produce like the salesman explained it would. What sales tells you is different than what the contract says. They lie and cheat veterans out of their money. Do not sign a contract unless you have a lawyer look at it.

Hello Robert,

We do apologize for the delayed response. We were able to confirm that you have been in close communication with one of our resolutions representatives. We do not ever want any of our customers to feel as though we have taken advantage or neglected them. Your representative has communicated all information to their best ability regarding your panel production and consumption, in addition coordinated and followed up with other departments to ensure that we are taking the correct steps and addressing each and every concern. If you are not receiving the assistance that you need or currently have additional questions and concerns then please feel free to contact your representative for her to take further action.

Thank you & Merry Christmas!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We had a gentleman come out to the house to provide us with some quotes on solar panel and battery back up. Our main focus was the battery back up side due to the poor power issues in our area. The salesman was very polite and presented his case but in such a way that it was very unclear. My wife is an accountant and even she could not understand all the numbers that he was throwing at us so fast. At the end of the day we were at well over $40,000 for a 1300 square-foot house. We thought this was a bit excessive. They were offering 1.99% financing but if we sold the house in the next 20 years the new owners would have to assume that loan. To us, it seemed a little bit excessive. I would never buy a house and have to assume alone from somebody else.

Anyway when he left we asked him to email us with all of the numbers that he had presented to us so we could ponder the whole situation. That email it was never sent. He also never left any brochures or any information whatsoever with us. It was almost like they were trying to hide in case we did not go with them and wanted to write a review.

The worst part of all of this was that a few days later we received a call from a gentleman that was extremely high pressure and rude. When I was speaking he would start talking right over top of me and not stop. Super high pressure. Could not understand why we were not interested and now after that conversation I would not buy a toilet seat from them. Very poor business practices. Thank God we did not get involved with this company. The salesman noted that they were going to go public next year, I can’t see how with this particular mindset that they have.

Hello Brad,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the experience at the consultation. When trying to verify your account, I was unable to access it with the name provided. My goal is to ensure this type of pressure is not applied to any future customer. Whenever you have the chance sir, please update me the name of the representatives that contacted you as well as came to your home. After receiving that information, I will update my upper management regarding those reps and your experience for them to address. Although we are sad we were unable to have you as a valued customer, we sincerely wish you the best of luck on your solar hunt!

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I am glad I didn't write a review right away. The salesperson was great, and although the installation went longer than expected they got it done. Everything seemed fine. Then we had a power outage a few weeks ago due to wind storms. The battery came on and powered the protected loads just as expected and I was happy.

The next morning, everything shut down. The customer service team, Ivy ** and Tyrone **, couldn't have been nicer, they heard me out and assured me that everything would be taken care of and even put me in touch with the National Service Manager Alex **. He was sorry that nothing could be done until the power came back on. I trusted all of them but I'm not sure those are even real names as they cannot be found on the internet. The main issue was that they never registered our system when they installed it in September of 2020, a year ago. When I explained the setup to 'Alex' he said he wouldn't have done it that way which was not very reassuring at all.

Our power was out for FIVE days. We lost all of our food because of the system failure. I sent them photos and a cost estimate since Tyrone said they would reimburse us. It took over a week for them to come look at our system after the power was restored. That apparently is what ASAP means to Alex **. When the techs arrived they asked my wife why they were there. I left work and came home and they asked me the same thing. I called Alex confused. He got on the phone with them and they did some work. I had to return to work but at one point the tech had Alex on speakerphone and my wife heard Alex say "just figure something out, this guy is a real **". That's nice, I just want my $65,000 system to operate and I'm the **.

The system continued to fail to operate. I notified Alex of this on Thursday, September 2nd. He said he would have service setup. Saturday I reached back out to him. No response. This afternoon I reached back out. No response. Tonight again and he said that someone should have reached out to me but he didn't know what the holdup was. All the while, Tyrone in customer service has no longer responded to my emails. He told me via email on August 21st that he would have an update 'early next week'. I have never heard from him again.

Ivy ** reached out this past Saturday as a follow up to my original call during the blackout. I told her the situation and she called me immediately and asked me not to post any online reviews or take further action until Tuesday when she would definitely call me back. She was sorry and understood how I felt. I believed her but she never responded either.

I will now be entering into a legal battle with the company. Who knows what will happen. They will most likely post a canned response to this as they do to most negative reviews that are posted. I should have done more homework. If I can save one customer the disappointment of dealing with this company and feeling as if they were completely defrauded, I hope this review will do that. They lie, they pretend to be helpful, but they walk away and you are left with nothing. Fortunately I have the resources to take them on. I'll post an update soon. Stay far away, honestly. I have never once taken the time to go online and write a negative review. Ever. This was too much to just stand on the sideline and watch another family get ripped off by these guys.

Hello,

We understand your desires to have a working system. I understand that someone from our Advanced Resolutions team has reached out and is working to get the work order scheduled for your internet connectivity to the system so that it can be monitored remotely.

We have also reached out to the representatives that you were speaking with to ensure that we get the reimbursement request submitted for the food that was lost due to the system malfunction.

We will be in contact with anymore questions, and will update you accordingly.

Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Your workers that been to the house are great. Your company to fix or find out the problem 20 months is ridiculous. Hopefully it's fixed this time and to get the owner or higher ups to address the problem - what a joke.

POWERHOME SOLAR Company Information