2. Solar Energy

PetersenDean

PetersenDean
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

PetersenDean has installed world-class products for residential and commercial customers for more than 30 years. Its commitments to safety, quality, and customer service have made it the roofing company of choice for many of the country's top homebuilders. PetersenDean dedicates itself to working with you to find the most affordable plan and backs its products with a 25-year warranty.

BOTTOM LINE

PetersenDean installs solar panels and provides roofing services. All installers are licensed, and the company includes a 25-year warranty with its solar power components. It offers loans but not lease or PPA options.

PROS

• Long warranty
    • Straightforward installation
    • Solar loans

CONS

• No solar lease or PPA options
    • Limited availability

Top PetersenDean Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetersenDean Roofing and Solar?

PetersenDean has a good reputation of installing. Plus it seemed like they've had a good deal on the financing. ... What I actually paid was 2,000 less than what he quoted me. I had a really good experience with the company. They're awesome.

We liked PetersenDean because they seemed knowledgeable and informative on the product and installation. After starting to sign papers we soon realized our salesperson had quit and was unhappy with the company but assured us we had made a good choice.

Unsubscribe at any time.

About PetersenDean

PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems handle a variety of home improvement projects, but the company specializes in solar and roofing contractor services. It's the perfect fit for people who want to work with a solar company that has extensive experience with roofing.

Its full line of products includes solar microinverters, solar panels, solar racking, solar batteries and EV chargers. PetersenDean installs solar power systems, roofs, fences and EV chargers.

PetersenDean solar cost

It costs between $12,000 and $15,000 for a PetersenDean solar power system, but the price varies based on system size, equipment and installation factors. You can buy the system outright or apply for a Freedom Flex loan through Solar4America. The loan allows clients to put $0 down and make no payments for 12 months. Contact the company by phone or through its website to have its staff help you analyze and compare your payment options and find a solution that fits your needs and budget.

PetersenDean installation

PetersenDean uses a four-step process to ensure your solar panels are correctly installed, properly functioning and long-lasting.

1. Start with an initial consultation to discuss your solar power and roofing needs.
        2. A solar expert then comes to your home and measures your roof to identify the best placement for panels.
        3. A team of solar and roofing specialists installs the solar power system.
        4. Local building authorities and utility company technicians perform a routine inspection and clear the system to begin producing power.

PetersenDean solar warranty

PetersenDean guarantees solar panels and roofing for 25 years. In addition to the 25-year warranty, it offers a reinstallation guarantee if you want to make changes to your solar power system or roof after it has been installed.

The company also buys back the original solar power system if you want to purchase an upgraded model, and it transfers the protection plan to the new homeowners if you decide to sell your house. Having a transferable warranty on your solar energy system helps increase your home's value and makes it easier to sell.

PetersenDean FAQ

Where is PetersenDean available?
        PetersenDean is available in Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada and Texas.
        What kind of solar panels does PetersenDean use?
        PetersenDean uses Mission Solar Energy MSE PERC 60 module panels. All panels are made in the U.S. and UL- and IEC-certified. They are rated for extreme weather and have a sleek design that is ideal for residential use.
        Who makes PetersenDean solar panels?
        PetersenDean partners with Mission Solar Energy to source its solar panels. Mission Solar Energy assembles modules at a 250-megawatt facility in San Antonio, Texas. The company also partners with Enphase, Panasonic, GAF Master Elite, Englert, Eagle Roofing Products, Unirac, LG Electronics and Silfab Solar for solar energy system parts.
        Can PetersenDean replace my roof?
        Yes, PetersenDean is one of the few solar companies with an extensive roofing background. It also offers a variety of financing options, including CA PACE loans and 20-year unsecured loans with no money down, no interest and no payments for 12 months.

Is PetersenDean worth it?

Yes, PetersenDean is worth it. The company has more than 35 years of experience serving clients and has built a reputation as being a company that provides solar energy systems that stand the test of time. The company has a team of trained and licensed professionals that specialize in solar power and roofing — a claim not many companies can make.

PetersenDean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetersenDean?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about PetersenDean Roofing and Solar?

Original review: April 26, 2020

We have had trouble with the back-up batteries that were installed. I have to say that PetersenDean was very prompt to take care of the problem....It took two tries....but they got it! Their employees are very pleasant and courteous as well. Also, back-up works very good! PG&E has lost power during the night several times and our power popped right back on using the batteries. Also, our electic bill has almost vanished! Very good investment!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

They did a great job installing my TPO roof. They were very easy to work with and got it installed just before the rains by working overtime and brought more guys. The repair team also did a great job when I called them in to seal roof penetrations for solar when using a different company. All in all, I would highly recommend Mike ** and his team at PedersenDean Roofing in Santa Rosa.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I talked about solar energy services with other people and I heard about PetersenDean from a neighbor. The enrollment process was very nice, and the interaction with the rep was beautiful. He was very knowledgeable, knew what he was talking about and everything he said happened. I had a couple of different estimates and PetersenDean had the best quote, which was right on the money. They were also the most professional and I’ve recommended them to friends. It was a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I looked into solar energy services for savings. Enrolling with PetersenDean was excellent, especially on the side of Josh, my sales rep. I know they’re a little bit more expensive, but I get the peace of mind having one to do both the roof and the solar. Bob, the superintendent for the roofing portion of it, was great too. The installation took half a day. They asked me if I needed any questions answered if I needed to leave. With them being on the roof, the ceiling shook a little bit so one of my chandeliers broke off, but that’s okay. I doubt it's their fault. It could have broken off even if it was an earthquake. Everybody from top to bottom handling the install and the scheduling were top-notch.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

PetersenDean has a good reputation of installing. Plus it seemed like they've had a good deal on the financing. Carlos, the representative, was great, helpful, and very attentive. Any questions I had, he called me back right away. What I actually paid was 2,000 less than what he quoted me. I had a really good experience with the company. They're awesome. I had someone signed up with PetersenDean and already had installed the system. I was wondering when I was gonna get my referral check.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I received a quote from them. They came out to my home and within three days, I had a quote and was able to compare it others I had received. Their reputation and attention to detail was second to none. I would recommend this company to friends and family who needed solar.

Original review: May 6, 2020

New LG battery on new system never worked. Trouble shooting LG needs to be replaced Nov. 2019. It is now end of April 2020. Battery gone. No response from my support person. No call back. 2 separate groups blame the other. Okay to send battery back to LG but not being returned for replacement.

Original review: April 25, 2020

They installed our roof and solar in Dec 2018. Since that time, the solar has failed twice. Both times during heat waves so our energy bills skyrocketed. They have poor customers service and slow response times. I would not recommend them to anyone! We spent a fortune and expect a better quality product and service.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Salesman for Petersen Dean seemed very knowledgable. Then the crews show up. That's where the problems start. I had mine installed on the ground as I didn't want problems on my roof down the road. They brought out a gas powered post hole digger which had an issue going into the very hard ground, in a attempt to get the holes deep enough they used a chipping bar I lent them. The holes tapered down as they got deeper barely passing inspection. Required depth 2', some holes a little shy. Then came install of the posts for the solar rack. The company brought out a gasoline powered concrete mixer which never was used. The crew just dumped concrete bags into the holes and added water. I Remind you I've been in the concrete business for 25 years, and didn't even fill the holes up to grade.

Making a call I spoke with the labor Forman (whom was very good). He said he would have a man out tomorrow to fill them. Next day laborer comes and still doesn't fill holes to grade. Phone call later I'm told there will be someone else out there to fill them and finally get filled. Then comes mounting the inverters on the north side of the panels to be shaded in which they had extended the rack on the ground mounting inverters on a old used piece of plywood in direct sunlight.

2nd attempt after phone call someone else came out and remounted the inverters on Unistrut mounted on old plywood in direct sunlight. 3rd attempt, Petersen dean sent a man out completely starting over and shazam it finally got done correctly. 3rd issue which is not so structural in nature but does pertain to the quality of the work that was done. In the electrical ditch for the wiring to service pole the crew threw all their lunch garbage into it as well as some extra 2' threaded galvanized pipe couplings at about $7 apiece. I was fed up at this point and cleaned their mess up and put the 2" fittings into my stock. Overall I wasn't that impressed with the work that was performed at all. After awhile on closer inspection I found a few missing bolts that would have held down panels but fixed myself rather than complaining about everything.

Initially I was looking for a company who used American made parts and would do a good job, but how wrong I was. In an attempt to make me happy Petersen Dean did make me a deal on a monitoring system for the system which every time I change my cell phone the monitoring system has to be reprogrammed which has been a pain. All in all I would not recommend this company to wash my dishes let alone install a solar system, and if it were on my roof all the mistakes would not have been seen. It blows my mind that they are on the top 10 solar companies out there. Amazing. The salesman and the labor foreman were the best of the company that I dealt with. I've had the system for about 6-7 yrs now and haven't had any problems.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We had a 36 panel system installed in September '18. Things went OK thru install, no complaints. About a year after acceptance, I noticed that one of the panels had stopped working and a couple others were running about 50% when compared to others in the same group. Example: panel #1 was putting out 608Kw whereas the problem panel was putting out 203Kw. Called repeatedly for several months, finally got the failed panel repaired but nothing was done to address the two that were underperforming while techs were here fixing the failed panel. Tech said they would all start working better once the failed panel was fixed. Sounded like B.S. but I said OK.

No surprise, the underperforming panels are still underperforming and Petersen Dean, John ** to be specific, after telling me he would make sure all panels would be repaired, is now stating the entire system is working as expected. Bottom line: This company, Petersen Dean, is good at selling systems and even installing them but the follow up is extremely poor. This is a very big deal considering the initial cost and also the expected savings. I would seek a more service oriented company if I had it to do over.

PetersenDean Company Information