OneRoof Energy

Compare Solar Energy Companies

Research top Solar Energy Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was helped with exactly what I needed. The customer service of the company provided quick and to the point information about the specific product I was looking for. I was able to give them some information and they pointed me in the right direction to which product would be right for me. I was able to make a one time payment via debit card and that was that. It was quick and painless. The value of the product I purchased is amazing. I paid for a large solar panel and it has more than paid for itself with the amount of energy that it has output. Great product. The installation was easy. There actually was an installation fee so I opted to install it myself. I am pretty familiar with installing the panels because 2 of my family members also have them. I helped them when they installed theirs too.

That was very nice help with different prices and I had saving a little money but I will tell people to buy what I own and it saves money also. The consumer service went took time to talk about the different products that have - the prices, how the power works, what would they recommend. I think the value for this product is the best one. Is not too high and is not too low. Fits right with your pocket and for your power bill. I will tell everyone about this. I paid for set up but it did not came too high or they can put it on your bill but it didn't cost to our pocket. It was a fast setup and easy job he did.

This solar panel company is literally one of the best companies that I have ever used. Their customer service is second to none and they are super responsive surprisingly. Their financing options are okay, with a few options to pick from, allowing the user to pick how much they are spending on the solar panels month by month to make them worthwhile. The value of these solar panels are amazing, allowing me to power my whole house using just solar power, and it stores over time, so now I don't ever have to pay a power bill. Fantastic. The setup is extremely easy if you do it yourself, and even if you don't want to install it yourself, just for a small fee, you are able to get it installed no problem. Highly recommend.

Great service. No long wait and helpful people. A tax break plus special deal for the rof. Great deal and wonderful product. Great to save money. The setup was quick and easy. The workers great and fast.

I called and talked about what I needed. I then decided to try what was recommended. It did not take a long time, and I got the help I needed. Options for financing were offered, but I decided to get my own financing and I am happy about the whole transaction. There were many choices of financing offered, but I did not choose that route. The overall value is just tremendous. I did not think when ordering that it would be that much of a savings, but I found out how well everything works and saves me money at the same time. I am an older lady so I knew I would not consider any of the installation at all. The men performing the installation were prompt, courteous, and knew the job very well. It wasn't long everything was working.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneRoof Energy?

Customer service was nice over the phone, but I often spent a large amount of time on hold over the phone. The people were nice, but the waiting was not. Although they did not offer many financing options, the service for the most part was quite affordable, for me at least. Based off of the money that I saved by having my solar panels installed, I would definitely say it was a valuable investment. They did not take as long as I thought they would for the people from the company to install. The installation was done with relatively fast and I did not have to be bothered by the people on my roof for very long.

From the initial investigation process to sales, to installation to technical support to billing, everything was handled very professionally and in a timely manner. They have various options through the power purchase agreement to fit the needs of most people. This allows you to pay off your equipment over time while saving on your utility bills immediately. The initial cost is high but the overall return on investment is realized daily, weekly, monthly. The control system helps you realize just how much you are saving when you compare what the power company would be charging you per kWh. It was quick, easy, and painless. It was done by professionals who were courteous and knew that they were doing and were able to explain each step to me.

It was a great company to do business with. I enjoy giving them a chance to sell me a new product. They were very nice. They had great options and was really high interest rates. I'd sure use them again if I need to. I think they are a great company and would tell my friends. It was a very good one - not a long wait time. The service person knew what they were doing and got the job done fast and done right the first time around.

I got a detailed explanation of how installing a solar roof would benefit me financially, environmentally, and personally. The process was explained and all questions were answered. I was given a plan that was according to my budget and what payments I can afford to make. My employment was a factor into calculating and accessing financing options. It is actually cooler in the summer with the solar roof. I don't need air conditioning as much as I used to rely upon it in the past. It has lowered my energy bill. They came on the scheduled start date. The installers did their job thoroughly and without slacking off. Clean up was awesome and they took trash with them when they left.

I like customer service - very good, very talkative and very nice. They help me a lot and stuff like that. The financing was good. They gave good prices and they were cheap and affordable to the crowd. I like their financing a lot. I liked the price very much it was so good I won't buy from anywhere else. Setup and installation was very easy. All the pieces were there. I didn't need to call anyone for help because it was very easy and fast to do. I likes the setup very much.

Everyone was helpful and accommodating. I received everything I needed and everything went smoothly. I was pleased with the experience. I was given financing options that met my needs and made it easy to afford everything that I needed without unnecessary burden. I was pleased with the end result. The value was good. Everything was as it should be and I got what I was paying for. I was very pleased by the end of my transaction. Everything was taken care of. The installation experience was good. Everyone was helpful and kind and I got what I wanted.

When I started considering a solar powered energy unit the customer service representative done a great job answering any and all questions with a great attitude. Good personality! I never thought I could afford a solar powered energy unit, but the financing rates they offered were outstanding. I can pay for my solar powered energy unit with the money I save on electrical bills. The overall value of my solar powered energy unit is astonishing. The power company actually sends me a check for unused energy. It's one step closer to financial freedom for me, love it! The setup and installation of my solar powered energy unit was the easiest step of all. The crew that came to my home to install it were very knowledgeable, professional, and courteous! Great job guys!

Was not very happy with customer service. Didn't answer my questions the way I would of like them to. Things were not explained to me therefore experience was very bad. Loved the options. Was very descriptive. Had as many to choose from as I thought. Nice to talk to the representative. Overall, value very satisfying. Value wise, would recommend to everyone I know. Interesting to see prices on all options. Ease of installation. Very happy. Would rate a 8. The two that came to set up my system of panels knew what they were doing. Again, very easy to communicate with them. Understood every detail.

Called for a service. Got a fast response for the time - showed up on time, fix the problem fast and answer all questions. And the best thing was there was no charge. I started to pay by credit card and thought about it and decided to pay for it in full & then he took 10% off with a rebate in the mail. Cost was the lowest around and called many companies. No one beat their price. Very very little cost. The item was installed very fast and receive a bonus - a free tablet.

Customer service agents were happy to help. It was easy to do. They tried to charge me a little too much. But I dealt with it. The customer service representatives were willing to talk and work through things. I would probably recommend to a friend but the pricing was a bit over the top. Other than that I think the company is great. The installation process was good. Did not have any glaring issues. The installation men were great. They were quick and efficient.

It is a high-quality service. I facilitates my work is helpful in addition to having a good support is very fast and effective. Certainly I recommend to the promises fulfilled.

I really enjoyed it. The service was great. The people were friendly and it was up and running in no time. I would recommend this to anyone looking for this kind of project.

I really enjoyed the service, although it was quite expensive it pretty much paid for itself within a year in all the savings. Solar is worth it! It took some time to research the best company and this one seemed like the best fit for my family. They had the lowest price at the time and installed everything for free, which is unusual for such an install.

I am very satisfied with this system. I've never had problems, I have two years with the service exceeded my expectations and I would definitely recommend.

While initial sticker shock might seem like a lot, the overall savings and satisfaction is well worth it. I have never regretted going greener and would recommend to anyone to do the same.

It was a great experience and I would greatly recommend it to other customers because of their great service to all of their customers. Thank you very much for your service and it was a pleasure working with you!

The best ever. Customer service was spectacular. Now we are saving the earth and protecting our home. The roof isn't too shiny or too dark. It gives off enough light and darkness to not be noticeable.

I feel the service was excellent and the solar roofing works great, very reliable and durable. The customer service was excellent. Not very expensive and have a 24 hour customer service so I'm happy with the solar company.

The company and service was beyond perfect. Very professional. They made sure I understood my product and made sure everything worked perfect. I would recommend them to everyone.

Service is outstanding. The price was good, the people were good. The product is very good. I would definitely recommend this product to my family and friends.

We placed a unit on the addition of our home. It seems to be a great investment though we are looking forward the solar gains in the middle of the summer 2016. No problem buying, financing was decent, installation was quick and easy.

They were very nice and fast. The customer service was very nice they were very fast and nice. I got my roof last year. It's amazing. I save a lot of money this way.

We're a very green household and adding solar panels on the roof was a no brainier. The process was very easy. I had so many questions before we actually put in an order. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and knowledgeable. After actually ordering the installation process was a breeze. The money we are saving is well worth the cost. Not to mention it's good for the earth.

OneRoof Energy, Inc., dba as ORE Solar has only been in business since 2011. However, it's President and CEO, David A. Fields, is not new to the solar market. He held the same position with Open Energy, which closed, and re-opened as Applied Solar in 2009. They, in turn, went out of business in 2010. William Lyons homes and Centex used Open Energy/Applied Solar in some of their homes, including mine. The solar panels and inverter came with a 25-year and 10-year warranty. That is useless now, as the company is closed! The SolarSave OE-34 panels are a fire hazard, as the link shows. Where was David A. Fields when two of his customers' roofs caught fire? Oh, ya. He left homeowners and Centex holding the bag, and opened up OneRoof Energy. I spent $15,000 with his company, and now I have 58 solar panels on my house that are fire hazards. This company will take your money, and close up, just like they have done TWICE.

Expert Review

Zachary ShahanSolar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.    More about Zachary→

OneRoof Energy is a young solar company founded in 2011. The company only provides solar leases, and doesn’t sell solar outright or manufacture any solar panel components.

• Fast growth: Despite getting started just a few years ago, OneRoof Energy is already in five states, showing an ability to adapt and grow fast. Despite its youth, OneRoof Energy is already on the stock market, which greatly increases the information it needs to make public and makes it accountable to a lot more people.
  • Not spreading itself too thin: Being a very young company, OneRoof Energy has been wise to focus on doing one thing very well rather than spreading itself too thin doing several things. A one-pointed focus goes a long way.
  • System buyout possible: If a homeowner would like to buy their solar system from OneRoof Energy, they have the ability to do so starting in the seventh year of the lease.
  • History: Having only been in business for a few years, OneRoof Energy’s track record with customers is hard to judge. It takes time to build a solid reputation as a good, dependable company.
  • Product offering: OneRoof Energy has a very limited product offering, only putting solar leases on the table after the seventh year of the lease – at which point purchasing the system becomes an option.
  • Best for Homeowners, small & large businesses, government agencies & nonprofits, leasing & PPA customers, solar beginners

Compare Solar Energy Companies