2. Solar Energy

Powering Horizon Solar & Solar Spectrum

4.1/5 (318 ratings)

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About Sungevity

Sungevity is a seller and installer of solar energy systems for homes and businesses. As of publishing, the company only operates in five states — California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut — and it offers roof-mounted solar panels exclusively. Sungevity handles all the paperwork and offers financing options to make solar energy affordable.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• Customized systems
    • Financing options
    • Real-time system monitoring

Cons

• Only available in five states
    • Offers only roof-mounted systems

Bottom Line

Sungevity provides custom solar energy systems. It only offers roof-mounted systems. The company handles the entire installation process, including paperwork. Currently, it’s available in just five states.

Sungevity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sungevity?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sungevity?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I emailed Sungevity thinking they were my solar company, not sure how I did that. Rosanna ** not only answered my email, she helped me figure out MY MISTAKE PLUS she FOLLOWED UP with me to see if I resolved my problem. Her customer service is the BEST I HAVE EVER received. I leave reviews based on customer service, not the sale I get. Some people can sell ice to an Eskimo. I wish I was a Sungevity customer, she has put my place I purchased from TO SHAME!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Sungevity has great customer service compared to any electric company I have ever dealt with. Instead of treating me like I’m forced to deal with them they act like they genuinely care how my experience goes. While buying a home with their solar they have been very accommodating. Blake has gotten back to me quickly and has answered my questions. I believe I am getting a great deal on my electric with this system. I will update my review if things happen to go downhill.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I called in thinking I wouldn’t get the answer I was looking for. I was wrong. I got it and I got it fast thanks to Blake. Great service. This company is never done wrong by me. In addition the savings on my electric can’t be beat!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Please choose wisely when purchasing a solar panel system from Sungevity/Horizon Solar Power/Solar Spectrum. I moved into a place that had a Sungevity system installed in 2015. In 2017, before I moved in, the company went out of business but was later bought by Solar Spectrum. Solar Spectrum revived the name Sungevity but will not honor any of the previous contracts/warranties as the original Sungevity company went out of business and they say they have nothing to do with the original company, even though they reactivated the old emails and phone numbers from the old contracts.

From what I have heard this is all legal, that companies do it all the time for different reasons but mainly to avoid any long term warranties. My system is 4 years old and is currently having what I hope is a small issue but Sungevity is saying that they are not responsible to warranty their work. All solar panel companies might be the same but this is my experience with Sungevity. -Alex

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

William ** was very informative and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Sungevity. My experience in getting knowledge on solar was a good one. They offer great warranties for their systems. I will choose them if I decide to go solar this year.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Enrolling with Sungevity wasn’t easy but it wasn’t that difficult. We had a couple of things we had to work out as to how much and what, but that worked out all right. There were also a couple of things that they had to come back and correct. I’ve been paying Edison around $30 a month in addition to what my solar cost is. But then, I got a bill from them that was $360 for some kind of a make-up thing, and I didn’t understand it. My power bill was too high with Edison and now that I'm with Sungevity, I'm far better off than I was staying all-electric.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I interacted abundantly with Sungevity for weeks as I wanted to add solar panels to my house. My interlocutor was Cameron **. In the end, Historic Georgetown regulations here in DC limited possibilities and the project did not materialize. But at the end I felt extremely grateful for Cameron's patience and willingness to help me learn, his friendliness, competence and the clear sense he was working in my best interest with rigor and impartiality. I would highly recommend Cameron and Sungevity to any of my friends or neighbors.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We worked with Scott. Scott was very patient and helpful and answered every question we had. (We had many.) After several calls between us we decided that if we are going forward with Solar this is the company we want to work with. Scott went to great lengths to obtain our business. Our many thanks to Scott.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was tired of paying PG&E almost $1,000 a month in the summer and looked into solar energy services. Sungevity was the highest rated on Google and I thought they had their crap together. They were using US-made panels and upgraded my Panels and made things right going along. But they dropped the ball by hiring Divine Power. Sungevity contracted Divine Power here in Bakersfield, which I had no problem with. But so far, the installation is still not completed.

The inspector who came out here for Kern County asked if the four C-Tranes we had were permitted. I said that they weren't. He said that C-Tranes must be permitted, which put everything on hold. Sungevity screwed up my central vac system and it does not work. The central vac guy said that it was something Divine Power did and to call them back out and have them fix it. Divine Power hooked up two wires wrong, which could have caused major issues. We've been without a vacuum for approximately 40 days.

I got ahold of another electrician here Bakersfield and asked him to figure out Divine Power did and fix it. The 200 Amp main breaker panel that Divine Power put in looks like a spider web inside. Wires have gone everywhere and not routed correctly. Every wire was about a foot too long. It looked terrible. On top of that, that panel is where my central vac is hooked up, but it's not hooked up correctly. The electrician said that it was gonna take him a while and that he'd come back the next day. But that night, his mother-in-law died in a major accident. This last week was due to the C-Trane, but prior to that, Divine Power was here a total of 30 hours and that’s within one month. I'm not happy about the whole thing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

What a pleasure doing business with Sonny! He was ethical, professional and competent at each and every phase of the process. His technical expertise and communication skills were matched by his ability to build trust and rapport through personalization and going the extra mile. He literally saved us from going with a less trustworthy and more costly company that was trying to take advantage of us in unethical ways. Based on this experience, I will be an enthusiastic advocate for this company and its services within my circles of trust and influence.

Sungevity Company Information