Call toll free
4.20/5

Powering Horizon Solar & Solar Spectrum

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Sungevity powers Horizon Solar Power (Horizon) and Solar Spectrum – two leading solar companies offering exceptional residential and commercial solar energy solutions. As one of the leading solar designers and installers, Horizon has been on a mission to provide customers with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008. Solar Spectrum energy plans are designed for homeowners looking for the advantages of solar energy without the upfront costs often associated with going solar. Customers get a locked-in solar electricity price without taking on the burden of operating, repairing and monitoring so they can experience the benefits of solar without any hassle.

Contact Sungevity today to find out how much you could save by switching to solar for your home or business.

View More View More

278 Sungevity Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: July 25, 2019

I was looking into going green. Enrolling with Horizon Solar was pretty good. There was a little bit of mix-up with the information though. I was confused. It wasn't explained correctly about the tax rebate. It seems like I got coaxed into a tax rebate, but it wasn't even a thing that I could get because I was leasing, not buying. I was gonna get them anyways, but it just seemed odd how to use it. They tried to explain that we couldn't use it, but then towards the end, when I was getting to make up my mind, he sort of said that I could. So, that's the only thing. Nobody really has the answers. But I just dropped it, and I just got over with it.

Installation went great. I only had one issue, so far. There's an issue with pigeons going underneath them, and nobody ever mentioned anything about having an issue with that, or whether I needed to put something. So, now, they want me to install something, but it's only something that either Horizon or Sunrun offer. I can't do my own, it will void the warranty. So, they were never upfront with that. And so, it's an additional cost now and it's pretty steep-priced. If they would have been upfront, I would have, since the beginning, either install it or plan for it at least. But their customer service has been good. They've been communicating. And overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: July 24, 2019

We purchased a 20k+ system from Solar Spectrum. The day that it was suppose to go online the system did not work and now we have on top of our roof a useless piece of hardware. Cristina ** from Solar Spectrum has just given us the runaround. Day 5 and nothing proactively has been done to fix the issue except that one guys called us that they think a toggle switch is bad which I find it odd. I am a very technical person and I help design high tech gear so I know the problem might not be a switch.. I am waiting patiently for this thing to get fix.. A few more days I will start legal proceedings against Solar Spectrum, installer and manufacturer of the inverter. Just be aware! A dissatisfied customer.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I was looking at solar, but a different company came and they said I didn’t qualify. I was looking at it through Costco, and they told me I just needed to be in the house for a bit longer so I could show my energy consumption. It was kinda in between that point when Horizon hopped on the scene. The door-to-door guy was awesome. Rosa who was my installation consultant was nice. There was a lot of communication disconnect between her and I which made me nervous but overall, I was satisfied with the product.

I did get one of the new bills, and I was confused about it. Obviously, it’s kind of separated between the gas and the electric, but I didn’t understand what was owed and how that worked. So, I contacted John. I reached out via text message, and he kinda broke it down. He told me at the end of the year, based off what I produce and what I consume will be subtracted, and that’s what I will owe to my electric company. Also, I got it turned on for maybe a month now, and it’s already requiring service. That's kinda weird.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Going solar was financially beneficial. I got a flyer in the mail from Horizon and we made contact. Going with them was a pretty smooth process. Their rep was always available if I had questions. They kept me informed. We bought their system on lease and the cost would be based on the energy that we use. If we had a surplus, the price would be in our favor.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I went with Horizon Solar after getting a recommendation from by buddy. Transitioning to them was smooth and I went through an easy process. The installation was well-taken-care-of and I'm really satisfied thus far. I was able to get the rates I always wanted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've been in the market for a long time just to try and save on my bill, and one of the stipulations for doing solar with Horizon was that I wanted a bigger electrical panel. Being a welder at home, I already had my panels pretty overcapacitated and was ready to upgrade it. For them to throw the upgrade in there and keep my electric bill pretty much the same was a big deal. But when Horizon initially pulled the permits, they pulled us for a smaller panel and I noticed that. So they had to go back and refile permits. So the installation took a little while but it didn't bother me any and the enrollment process was very easy. Jessie was willing to do what it took to get me a plan that works.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Great experience with Sungevity Solar 2 years ago. I just wanted to lower my PGE bill and Alex was able to show me all different options. Although I didn't qualify for the program I wanted to go with, they found another program which I did qualify for and didn't give up on me. I have not had any issues at all, but I do get a call from Alex every 6 months to see how things are going. Appreciate the follow up.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Eric ** was great pleasure to work with. I greatly appreciated his detail understanding of the systems and ability to respond to all my questions. I am currently awaiting some new funds and at that time I will be purchasing a system from Eric.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My friend who is a sales rep for Horizon told me about their company. My July-August electric bills were through the roof and I was looking for lower rates. Enrolling with Horizon was easy. I worked with their rep Greg and he was super informative. He gave us all the options. However, we had a lot of hiccups. I had to call to find out information and Horizon wasn't communicating with me. That part was super frustrating. My panels were installed in, what, January, February, and we didn’t get it turned on till like the beginning of July. Everyone blames the electric company, but it was just Horizon’s communication with the contractors and Edison. Still, most of the process was good.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Enrolling with Horizon was really easy. The rep who helped me was really outgoing. Any question I had, he would try to be there. If he didn't know, he would find out right away. Thereafter, Horizon installed everything pretty well and everything was on time. However, when we tried activating the system, it worked for one day then stopped. We tried again and it would work again for one day then stop again. It took forever.

I called the new company I'm interacting with right now and they told me that it was gonna take one week for them to call me back, to make an appointment, and then after that, a week or two to actually go to my house and fix it. So, I called the guy that I did the Horizon deal with and they sent people from Horizon to check the system out. Now it's working.

Sungevity Company Information