2. Solar Energy

Powering Horizon Solar & Solar Spectrum

4.1/5 (318 ratings)

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

About Sungevity

Sungevity is a seller and installer of solar energy systems for homes and businesses. As of publishing, the company only operates in five states — California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut — and it offers roof-mounted solar panels exclusively. Sungevity handles all the paperwork and offers financing options to make solar energy affordable.

Find Solar Energy Companies partners near you

Pros

• Customized systems
    • Financing options
    • Real-time system monitoring

Cons

• Only available in five states
    • Offers only roof-mounted systems

Bottom Line

Sungevity provides custom solar energy systems. It only offers roof-mounted systems. The company handles the entire installation process, including paperwork. Currently, it’s available in just five states.

Sungevity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sungevity?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sungevity?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I always get quick answers and fast service. With the few issues I have ran into over the course of 5 years I always get fast resolutions. Blake and his team always take good care of me. I am in the middle of getting my neighbor to buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We received a flier in the mail from Sunrun, with a promise that they would send a $250 Amazon gift card if we would call the number on the flier and schedule a Solar evaluation. No purchase Required. We jumped through the hoops, got all the power bills, did the dog and pony show- and they sent us an assessment- but NO gift card like was promised. I have called several times, and they either say- "Our mistake, it must have slipped through the cracks- we will get one in the mail right away", or will say "Sorry, we just have records of actual customers who have installs- you will have to email your consultant" (which disappeared). Total bait and switch- lie to get all your info then ghost you. These guys are a bunch of crooks.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I placed the initial call to Solar Spectrum not knowing anything about the whole process. Ray, our consultant, was on top of his game when explaining the solar panel concept. he answered all my questions and was understanding of our concerns. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family if they decided to go solar

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I just bought a home with Sungevity panels. Blake took care of getting me set up and explained it all. The system had a internet issue that didn’t allow it to track my energy but he had someone out to my house to fix it. I appreciate his help and time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Sonny ** (yes, at Sungevity) was wonderful to work with. He was incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and supportive, and I wish I'd worked with him when I bought the house and my last three cars! I highly recommend him and the company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Presentation was easy to follow and understand, representative was honest and courteous. I have better understanding of the solar systems thanks to consultant Crystal **. I would highly recommend Sungevity to my friend.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I was impressed by the professionalism displayed by everyone I have dealt with. Anthony ** is professional par excellence. Very knowledgeable, He sold not only his company but also himself to me. I trusted the information he shared about solar energy and his company with such passion that I didn't feel like I was being sold something I didn't need. I very rarely purchase anything on the first presentation or viewing of a product. Anthony convinced me enough that I signed after a long conversation on the phone. The solar system was installed a few days ago. The people the worked on the project did an excellent work as well. Every thing flowed smoothly from start to finish. We are happy. Recommend Sungevity and their sales staff without any reservation.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Great experience. William was very professional and timely, clearly explaining every step of the process, thank you! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to my friends. They kept me up-to-date on what was going on throughout.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I have never had any issues or problems with this company. I bought my house and it came with a 7 year warranty plan. I am hopeful that I can buy an extension when the time comes. The systems makes more energy than my family uses. It has been wonderful to have this installed at our house.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We purchased a solar system from Sungevity in 2014. We own the system outright. The installation was contracted out to Solarponics in San Luis Obispo, which went very well and was well done And is flawlessly functioning now. What we didn’t know when we purchased was that Sungevity was deeply in debt and failing financially. So our 20 year warranty was worthless six months after the system was in.

Please beware that this company is just a company. Research the principal characters behind it. The founders of this failed company are still actively involved in it. Anticipate that your contract may only be honored as long as it is to the benefit of Sungevity. There are thousands of Sungevity systems and customers in California and elsewhere whole were abandoned so the founders of this company could line their pockets. Hundreds of employees were let go when the company filed for bankruptcy just a few years ago with very little notification.

Sungevity Company Information