4.19/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As one of the leading solar designers and installers in California, Horizon Solar Power has been on a mission to provide California residents with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008.

From day one, our customers see an average of 30% savings. We lock in rates for 20 years and there is a $0 cost for panels with free installation.

Contact us today to find out how much you could save with solar.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

66 Horizon Solar Power Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The enrollment with Horizon Solar was fairly easy. The day the rep knocked at the door, he offered the quote. He explained the pricing, how it worked and he got us the financing right there and then. The final quote was the same as the initial. The first time, the reps were okay but the last few times, I haven’t been able to reach them by phone. Also during the installation one of the guys mentioned he had an emergency, so they left and they didn’t come back for like two months, so that delayed the process until I had to call back and had them reschedule again and finish the job.

When they finished the job, they didn’t really have a lot of information. Another concern I have is that they just go and check it out and they never really say anything to us like, “Oh, we’re here for this and we’re here for that.” That’s something that I’ve been meaning to call customer service because it’s a concern for me because what if we’re not home and they just go there. Going solar has been a pretty good decision. Not getting the $200 bill is a big change. The service is good; however I was a little disappointed about how it all went through.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider. I am sorry to hear that we had to reschedule and slow the process of getting your system operable. I am glad to hear that you are saving some money on your electric bill. If there is ever anything I can do to help with your solar experience, please do not hesitate to let me know.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Because of the high prices of electric, I decided to look into solar energy services. I had another company come in. But what the rep of Horizon Solar gave me seemed logical and it also had a rebate that came directly to me, which I was comfortable taking. The sales process and the first measurement with Horizon went well. The first installation went well too. They were unable to establish a ground and it took more weeks than it should’ve taken though, but then they established a ground and everything works fine now. They were also easy to get in touch with. That wasn’t difficult, it was getting their office manager to get somebody out to do the work. But when they were able to get a crew out, they were great and very professional too.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had just moved up to Hemet from San Diego area, and I knew that it got pretty hot. At the time, I had a six-month-old baby, and I knew I’d be running the AC all day. So, I looked into solar energy services and liked Horizon's pricing. I enrolled with them and everything was straightforward. Their rep was able to answer any questions I had. He was always available whenever I needed anything.

Hi Francisco,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and congratulations on going solar!
Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

For Assistance Call: (866) 488-1922 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

A girl from Horizon Solar came knocking on my door and I decided to go solar as it was going to be free to me and they were gonna give me my money back. However, it became the most horrible experience I’ve ever had in my life. The panels went up a few weeks right after I signed the contract, then they did nothing at all. It took me forever to get my check from them. They promised two to three weeks and then they said, “Oh, no, we changed that. It’ll take eight to 10 weeks for you to get the check.” Finally, after me calling and calling they finally got the check but it was nowhere near the timeframe that they had promised it and I had bills to pay with that check.

They didn’t have the proper paperwork. It's a little bit ridiculous. If the panels are on, they should be moving along with the paperwork, getting everything straightened. They also never called Edison. Edison had no record of Horizon ever calling them. It was me that was calling to get everything done. I finally got a woman who was very sympathetic to my needs. Since the dispute’s been going on so long, she would put me at a priority on it. I would never recommend Horizon Solar for anything. They’re a horrible company. Everybody was rude. Every time I talked to anybody they said they would get back to me but no one ever did. They lie.

They can improve by, first of all, giving some customer service. When the panels are installed, they should be working on getting the process going. They shouldn’t just leave the customer sitting there. I could have had the service for the whole month of July and August but no, I had to pay Edison their high prices because they couldn’t get their paperwork straight.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback. We pride ourselves on the experience we provide and it sounds like the ball was dropped. I would love to set some time aside to discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me using my contact information below and we can setup a phone call.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We talked to PetersenDean and their program was not as flexible as Horizon’s, so we chose Horizon instead. We were fine with the lease and we didn’t need anything down. They also were able to send in an email if we needed it, and they answered our texts as well if we had any questions. The quote they gave was on the money, spot-on. They didn’t do anything before showing us exactly what was gonna happen. The rep came over to make sure that we knew how to use that box from the side of the house. The installation team also did everything they said they were going to do. We haven’t had a bill yet, so we don’t know what we’re getting but so far so good.

Hi Anjanette,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are glad to hear the installation went smoothly and everything was communicated clearly to help set expectations. If there is anything I can do to help with your solar experience please don't hesitate to let me know.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We wanted Horizon Solar because our electric bill was out of sight. This is a household and we're 80 years old. We don’t spend $400 a month on electricity. It was just completely unreasonable. We talked about doing solar with Omar, the rep. We did it and it has been working out very well. In the enrollment process, the transaction had something to do with Sunrun. Horizon wanted to see a year’s worth of Edison bills so I gathered it all up and sent it to Sunrun. There was a bunch of gobbledygook and Omar was sent out to get everything straightened out. We went from there and with the solar panels in place, the electric bill dropped to $14.

Horizon decided how many panels would be needed to accomplish what we wanted. During installation, everybody was wonderful and after they had the job done, they didn’t look like they were mad at each other. They were cordial, accommodating, answered questions and listened to my stories. The installers were friendly and it went fast. Horizon had electrical lines connected here and there so I bought paint and they let me paint all the lines the color of the house, and it blends in very well. I would tell people to call Omar and talk to him. Overall, it's been a great experience. We are a couple of old folks and we're just happy.

Hi Hildrith,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on your new low bill!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My light bill was ridiculous, so I went with Horizon Solar and the enrollment process took a couple of hours. The solar guy was great. I'm pretty much computer-challenged, so he walked me through everything. Also, I could call him then he'd find out what was going on and get the ball rolling again. He did that all the time. However, it took a long time for Horizon Solar to finish up. I started in April and everything just got finished on the 8th. They would give another timeline and they would delay it. They came out and put the panels in, then they couldn’t do anything because the electrical box wasn't right and they had to replace it. But other than that, Horizon's crew was nice. They came out to replace the panel, repaired the house where they had to cut in through, and it was like nothing ever happened.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Horizon Solar Power's service is good. Their representatives answered everything when they called me. Everything was pleasant about Horizon's enrollment process. The guys who came and did the installation were excellent. The installation was on time, too.

Hi Charles,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on going solar!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The cost of energy was rising with Southern California Edison. At the time, I had already heard about solar and have done extensive research. A Horizon representative named Matt came to my front door. I always turn such people away, but there was something about him that made me choose Horizon. Though Matt was wonderful, setting up and getting the solar panels going hasn't been an easy process. It was very time-consuming. We had our panels put on in May and they weren’t even turned on until August 23rd. Thereafter, we found out they didn’t produce for almost two weeks.

When we couldn’t see anything on our Sunrun generation app, we called and asked what's going on cause we didn't find any information. They told us we're not generating any. Now, we have uncovered a problem, which is very sad since Horizon didn't monitor that. I had to go through Sunrun, who then had to jostle Horizon. Once it was up and running, it was the end for them and there hasn't been any follow up from them. It was actually Sunrun that had to get the ball rolling with Horizon to say that we aren't getting their electricity or any power generated through the solar panels for the last two weeks.

Other than that, the people who installed the solar panels were very good. I was not pleased though that I was promised to get one-year free electricity and a small rebate that would be applied toward my electricity payment only to find out that Horizon changed their policy well after we’ve signed our contract. They issued a check but I don't want a check. That was to be given to Sunrun to pay for my electricity and Horizon in the contract is to pay for anything over that for a year. And I have been in a great deal of difficulty and this is still unresolved. I even had to get Matt out and he took my check and he’s trying to get it resolved. So far, his follow-through has been amazing, he called us on his day off and he was the only person that has stuck through it with us.

Whatever the outcome, I'm not going to take a tax consequence at all. I refuse to sign the check and I’m going to hold them the task to give me that year of free electricity by paying that 2,400 to Sunrun. Furthermore, they need to make the rest of that payment if it’s owed to SCE for the one year as promised and as stated in the contract.

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for choosing us for your solar needs! I am sorry to hear the process took longer than expected. I will review the project with the team to check for learning opportunities and ensure we are as efficient as possible moving forward. If there is anything at this time I can do to assist you with your solar project, please don't hesitate to let me know!

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The salesman of Horizon Solar was real nice. He came up twice. I called him back and asked him to come on. We went over a few other things and made a deal. I got their service for the price and they did everything during the enrollment. Everything is so easy. I didn’t have to put any money down. I’m just gonna make monthly payments and it would be lower than my electric bill. So far, Horizon Solar is great and I would recommend it.

Hi Bruce,
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I liked the email marketing of Horizon Solar. I was also impressed by their salesperson who came and visited me. Their services were competitively priced as well and they appeared to be a reputable company as compared to a couple of other providers that I've looked at. I had no problems during enrollment and their installers were all excellent. Thereafter, I paid exactly what they quoted me.

Hi Paul,
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We were really convinced with Horizon Solar as not only the plan was appealing, but the salesperson was also very thorough and low-key. He was the one that came out several times, and even the day of the installation, he came out briefly to oversee it. When the solar panels were put on, I thought it was gonna take a week, but it was done in one day and everything worked out much better than we expected.

Hi Carol,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on your new solar project!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I believe we should be on renewable energy and get off fossil fuels. I had done a lot of research and I’ve wanted to go solar but I didn’t know who to call. When I found out my friend had started working for Horizon, it made me feel good because he would research into a company and he wouldn’t work for one that was lying, cheating and stealing. That gave me a lot of confidence going with Horizon. Enrolling with them was easy and I was quoted no cost out-of-pocket, which was exactly what it came to be. Their customer service was also great. We went to get the permission to operate from Southern California Edison. After we got it, they tried to walk me through getting the inverter to talk to the Edison meter. The next thing I knew there was a guy here making sure everything was put online.

Hello Ms. Gath,
First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. It was awesome to read, and we love your thoughts on renewable energy!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Our neighbors down the street had Horizon Solar and we had the rep come by. I made an appointment with her and she was very friendly. Enrolling was very painless and the quote was very accurate. She came by for a follow-up visit and showed me the whole system, and that was excellent. The only thing that was a little concerning was the miscommunication between the front office and then the installers. They were on two different pages on what was going on with the subpanel. The installers said that they need to put it, and the front office told me that I was actually up and running because I have the PTO. Then come to find out, a different installer showed up and said that I don’t need it, and then a different installer showed up that said I do. Finally, this guy said he could work it where I don’t need the subpanel, and I was like, "Guys, just get it working." It got mixed up but it was resolved.

Hi Stanley,
I would like to apologize for the miscommunication you experienced in the beginning and thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. Congratulations on your new solar system and we hope you are enjoying the savings!
Here’s how:
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.
Login to the Ambassador portal: https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Our house was piped for solar energy, so we already knew that we wanted to go solar and that was something that we were planning on. Horizon Solar's enrollment process was decent. Their rep, Duke, was a good salesperson and we were comfortable with him. He did what he set out to do to take care of business and it worked out well. We signed up into a leased program and it was right on the money. We added a couple of panels so the cost went up a little, but that was because we were making sure that we got enough transferable energy so that we would be netting a zero.

We also changed some of their plans since the house was already plumbed for the system and we told them that we would like to use the existing conduits. Most of the people up and down the street have horrendous-looking pipes hanging outside of their homes, while ours are all built-in and it looks really slick on the outside of our house.

Once Duke was done with the sales process, they contacted us right away and we had gotten the installation set up within a matter of days. The installation team was phenomenal. The follow-up from Duke in the next couple weeks was great. Then the final inspection through the city and Horizon was great. By the time everything went into Southern California Edison, we had gotten the approval to turn the switch within 24 hours. Overall, our experience with Horizon Solar was really good.

Hello Inglis Family,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review and giving Duke the awesome shout out! We will be sure to let him know!

• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I had been looking around for solar energy services for years because of our electric bills and I was waiting for the opportunity of having a company do a deal with us like what Horizon Solar did. Enrolling with Horizon was pretty good and they answered all our questions. The rep customized our solar energy system on the computer so it would fit our home and our budget. I asked him questions on the system's excess energy production based on how much energy it was gonna be producing and how much energy we were supposed to be using. He explained all that so the customization process was easy. The installation was great too. The installers were really fast and the installation was faster than with most of the other companies. Compared to the final cost, the initial quote that they gave us was very spot-on.

However, one complaint I have is that we were supposed to get the sensor which would have given us an idea of how much electricity we were using during a certain time of the day, but we weren't able to get that important piece of equipment because something wasn’t compatible with the extra box. One of the installers was supposed to be looking into getting something else, but we haven't heard back from him, so we'd be buying that. Nevertheless, our overall experience with Horizon was pleasant and their people have definitely been professional.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Reviews on Google and Yelp prompted me to go with Horizon Solar. The installation was good and my only issue was with the communication. In enrolling with Horizon, I spoke with the salesman, Rob, in the beginning and he was great. He came to my home a couple of times and he did the whole presentation. But when I was transferred to the next person, the communication breakdown started. It was hard to get in contact with the guy as he didn’t have a phone number and then he no longer worked for the company. So, I was transferred once more to someone else whom I spoke with once, then I had no contact with her again. I've worked with a number of reps, but I've been trying to get in contact with the program manager that was assigned to oversee my process so that person can walk me through how everything works, but that has been very difficult to do.

Nevertheless, compared to the final cost the quote that they gave me was spot-on. We purchased more of what we needed and had to get, and that was a good thing. Also, since the installation of my solar energy system, I've had a good feeling about my decision to go solar, but I want to make sure that we're not exceeding the amount of kilowatts that we’re generating daily. But I have no idea how to track of my energy usage and I’m still trying to figure that out. I’ve contacted Customer Service and they've been great. But I was waiting for a letter from the city, which I received, and I forwarded it over to Horizon. They were supposed to initiate the activation of my system, which was the last step, but I haven't heard from anyone else. They should have a good follow-up system and, in fact, I’m still waiting for that.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

California is making solar energy mandatory on all the new houses and I figured I might as well try to save some money. When I did the search online, I filled out a questionnaire and it ended up taking me to the Horizon website and then they ended up calling me. I set up an appointment to talk to one of their sales reps. I got some friends at work that have a different company here and they’re not happy with their solar companies. On the other hand, everything sounded good with Horizon so I gave them a try. The whole process was smooth and with minimum interference. I didn’t need to be at home, so I didn’t have to take time off work. Horizon showed up, they installed it and the inspector showed up and did their inspections. It was a non-interference basis and everything looked good.

I've had the system installed for almost a month now and we got the permission to operate about two weeks ago. I went out, verified the system and it was all turned on. I thought it was all activated and ready to go, but I kept getting emails saying, “Activate your system.” I called the leasing company to see what the issue was and they said I needed to do a reset. I did the reset and it still didn't work. So, they submitted a work order which goes to Horizon. Horizon said they couldn't get out here for another two weeks. I told them, “This thing hasn’t worked since you guys installed it. Did you not do an ops check? Did you not verify your job?” which they couldn’t answer. That's crappy customer service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Horizon put the system up really quick. We just moved in the house and my husband looked at our bills from our old home and based the budget on that. The installation happened faster than I thought it would. They called for the installation date and they were there. But the guys had to move some things in the back side of our house and then, there was a little bit of debris and they didn't clean it like my husband would have liked. Other than that, everyone has been very nice and everything was done with no issues. We went live at two weeks and so far, it has been a very positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

A salesman from Horizon Solar Power came in, talked to me and then gave me 10 days to make the decision. After reading all the information they provided me, I called them back and I decided to go ahead. The customer service representatives that I spoke with were really helpful and the quote that they gave me was okay. The installation went great. However, there was a little damage to the tiles on my roof and I don’t think I have had that repaired yet. One of the salesmen promised me that as soon as they installed my solar that he's going to come in by person and hand to me a year and a half free solar check, a gift card, and a monitor to check how much power I used. It has been almost a month and I don't have anything yet. I’ve already gotten the A9 form on my phone yesterday and I sent them back right away.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

We were signing a contract with SOLAR-TEC but a friend referred us to Horizon who they were the ones that came to install. The enrollment process was good and the period from that to the installation was quick. Their customer service let me know where I was and what I should do next. They also called to inform me that the system was completely set up and that it would start working right then. It's been a week since the system has been live and it's been good so far.

Hello Peng Family,

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had been thinking about solar energy services but I was not looking into it. Then, Horizon came door-to-door and their people were very informative. They spelled out all the options so that I understood the program, what was happening, and they designed a plan that worked for me. They were also able to answer my questions and took care of the installation without me being at home. Then, they gave me quotes that were way out as far as the timeline was concerned. I’m sure they had a margin and it made me even more pleased when it was done sooner than expected. The solar is a lease so there was no out-of-pocket cost. I’ll know if it was what they quoted me for when I get the bill.

Now, I’ve gone live with solar on one house for barely two weeks and I’ve also gone live with the others in two houses. But I kept noticing that my electric meter was still increasing every day. So, it didn’t sound like the system was putting out enough to cover what I was using. I got an email from them and they said that they figured out something wrong in their system monitoring and they are sending out a technician to fix it. I felt comfortable that they have to maintain the system and they guaranteed the roof underneath. It seemed worry-free and I liked it.

All in all, Horizon was very informative and very friendly. They met all my expectations and exceeded what they said would be the length of the time it would take to get it done. They installed different smoke detectors and the O2 sensors that are now required because there wasn’t enough in the house to meet the code. It was the same thing with the other house. The inspector wanted the system grounded so they came back out and installed grounding rods to make sure that the system met the code and all at their cost. I also recommended Horizon to other people and they’ve had new systems installed because of the recommendation.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I was referred to Horizon by a friend. He got his own and he put a good word in. I worked with their sales rep, Don, and he did a good job. The installation took less than half a day and the installers did a clean job. Also, the process to customize the system went well. But the fact that I’ll be paying almost the same amount for the next 20 years was what stood out to me.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I wanted solar panels for the longest time but I never got along to check it out. My son-in-law has Horizon Solar at his house and he recommended and sent them over to me. It was much easier. Everybody with Horizon was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. They got the permits faster than I expected and the installation took about one day. It was very fast and I'm happy with the overall experience. Then, if I really save money on the electric bill at the end of the year, having solar panels is worth it. And I will definitely recommend the company.

Hello Chioibasu Family,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. It was great to read.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The electric bill in the summertime in the desert is really high. We had looked into solar energy before but the constraints on the contract and if we sold the house would end up either us or our heirs paying an exorbitant amount. Then Horizon Solar Power gave an offer that was in line with what we wanted and there were no restraints on our ability to sell the house or if we change our minds. CUIC helped us get everything organized and arranged all the contractors, and it was really good.

Horizon did a great job at our Desert Hot Springs house and they got it all done in one day. We've only had the system for a month now and it seems to be working fine. At the Highland house though, the installation took a little bit extra time that I wasn't counting on. They had to upgrade the power panel and it's taking a long time. They thought they had to get Edison involved and there was a backlog of services required. But now that they're doing it, Edison didn't need to get involved. Overall, I’m really satisfied with my decision to go solar.

Hello Mordue Family,

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Before we signed up with Horizon Solar, we discussed all the pros and cons with the sales agent named Tom. He knows where I'm at and he is easy to work with. The quote I got was competitive. I wasn't in the house for the most part of the installation and they were already closing the process when I came home. They were right on target. A guy also showed me everything but I didn't go up into the roof. It's been 2 weeks since we got Horizon but I haven't yet received the incentive or bonus for signing up. Other than that, Horizon Solar is recommendable.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I received a phone call from Horizon Solar in Palm Springs and I asked if they did work in San Diego. They said yeah and I asked if we could get an estimate. Thereafter, I met with Greg, their rep and they signed me up. Everybody was very polite and nice. We experienced good, positive results. Moreover, the initial quote was the same as the final cost. The installation process was fairly good and it looks like they did a very good job on the installation. However, we don’t know how much we’re saving yet. I feel that when we get our bills, we ought to know a little more about it. Still, everything went okay and our system is working.

Hi Cass,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: July 21, 2018

My pool pump was making my bill very high. We contacted Horizon and they sent a rep out who gave us a ton of information. We didn't know exactly what that meant and when we inquired, he continued to tell us everything good about the company. And that left us with a bit of a question because anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. So we decided to research a little further and started asking some things about the company. And although we weren't particularly pleased with our rep, we were organized during the next process. We were told absolutely everything good, bad and indifferent, so we had multiple choices. And we signed up because we were very comfortable with the information we had been given. And then it was very easy after we got through the sales pitch of the program.

For the installation, we dealt with Ray and he set everything up. The installers came as he said they would and they carried the panels up individually. He explained that he would put the solar panels on anchors underneath the ceramic tiles in the choices of the roof. The anchors have been engineered to hold the weight. There were seven installers and they were here 3/4 of an afternoon and the job was done. It was neat and there was not one trace that they had been here. Every panel looks amazing and they seem to be producing like they're supposed to. Everything has been exactly as we were instructed in the beginning. And there's still contact with the company from us for any questions. Horizon delivered exactly as promised and we are absolutely elated with the service.

Hello Candee Family,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and giving Ray the awesome shout out! We will be sure to let him know!

• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had some bets prior to Horizon Solar. And then I had to see this email from Horizon. For some reason, I answered it. Then I talked to a lady. She convinced me that I was interested in getting more information. So, she sent me to Steve. He came out and he convinced me that solar was the answer for me. I bought into it. The price was also much better than the first bets I had. The installation was excellent too. They did it in one day and never made a mess here. So, my wife and I were very pleased. Everything else is very good with Horizon Solar.

Hello Axel,
we would really like to let you know how much we appreciate you leaving us such a great review. We will be sure to let Steve know about his awesome shout out as well as the installation crew.
Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.
* We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors. Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My husband and I have just moved to the neighborhood. We had solar on our previous property so we knew we wanted to get solar again. We just didn't know what company we wanted to use. So when a young man from Horizon came by my house, knocked on the door and asked us if we were interested in solar, we set up an appointment. Prior to Horizon, we were paying per kilowatt but our bill would fluctuate. How much energy we produce, that's how much we would have to pay. I like that Horizon had one flat rate. No matter how much energy we produce, it's still that one flat rate so I know each month how much I am going to pay and I can budget for that much. Plus, we had also gotten one of the lowest kilowatts an hour.

Horizon's customer service won me over. The guy that came to the house, the two young ladies that came to the house to do the contract and talked to me about the numbers, the lady that I had spoken with on the phone, the gentleman that came out and installed the equipment, and even the inspector were all professional, really responsive, and very friendly. They answered all the questions I had and they were always perky and polite.

With my last company, when I called them, I would either stay on hold for almost an hour or I would leave a message and they wouldn't call me back until 72 hours later. I was hesitant to call Horizon at first to ask questions, but they picked up the phone within five minutes. I was dealing with one certain person and if had to leave her a message, she'd get back to me within two hours if it was earlier in the day. If it was later in the day, she'd get back to me the next morning. I also love the fact that they are local. They're in the Hemet area and if I had a concern and couldn't get a hold of anybody, I could just drive down the street.

There were two young ladies that came and they gave me the option for Sunnova as well as the option for Sunrun. They broke down how many kilowatts per hour each one was and displayed how it could look on my bill. They took the time to explain everything to me. They explained the process to me very thoroughly and answered all my questions. They explained to me that they'd pay a whole year of my energy bill. I understood more this time than I did the previous time I purchased a solar.

The previous company's guy just ran through everything. He didn't really answer my questions thoroughly, but these young ladies did. My children were running around crazy and my dogs were barking, but it didn't seem to matter to them. They were very friendly and warm. They stayed and weren't just straight Horizon representatives to a customer. It felt like a friend talking to a friend instead of a customer talking to someone trying to sell them something.

The installation went awesome. We wanted our solar up and running as fast as possible and Horizon worked with me and my husband's schedules. They gave us a Saturday appointment, but Saturday was just terrible for us because we have sports and children activities. I told them that Saturday won't work, and asked if they had available on Monday. The lady on the phone that was scheduling said she has a Sunday. I told her that would be awesome. And they had gotten me in right away for my installation. The installers were extremely friendly, really respectful, had very nice personalities and cleaned up after themselves. I didn't hear any vulgar or inappropriate language.

There was a couple of loopholes that Tanisha had to jump through and she made it happen quickly. We only had a four-hour delay, not a two-week one. The process went super-fast. I was expecting a two to three-month wait, but Horizon moved faster than I had expected. We moved in in May and started the solar process in June. The system was up and running at the beginning of July. I'm very pleased with Horizon. If I know anybody that needs solar, I will definitely recommend them to Horizon.

Hello Barboa Family,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and give such awesome shout outs. We will be sure to pass them along!

Horizon Solar Power expert review by Zachary Shahan

As one of the leading providers of solar power installation in Southern California, Horizon Solar Power is dedicated to offering residential homes a renewable energy system at discount pricing. Their unique take on solar installation helps more homes reap the benefits of solar energy without the high cost of panels.

• $0 cost installation: Instead of charging a high installation and materials fee, Horizon Solar Power takes care of these costs and only charges residents a reduced rate for their power.

• Locked in rate: Where other utility companies offer between one and three year guaranteed rates, Horizon Solar Power offers a 20-year, locked-in power rate.

• Energy savings: By switching to solar power, residents can save up to 40 percent on their monthly energy costs.

• Fast installation: Horizon Solar Power has one of the fastest installation times in the area, so new customers can get a system designed, installed and running in record time.

• Referral bonus: Not only will new customers see a reduction in their energy bills, they can earn additional credit simply by telling others about the service.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords and small business owners.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Horizon Solar Power Company Information