Horizon Solar Power
Looking for a solar energy company?

Horizon Solar Power

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: July 8, 2017

2 Horizon Solar Power Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: July 8, 2017

I have lived a nightmare for the past two years because I wrongly selected Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. when I pursued solar for my PS home. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HORIZON SOLAR AND SUNRUN INC.! Horizon Solar illegally installed the system without my prior written consent as contractually required. SunRun Inc. has spent the last year using every maneuver possible to cover-up Horizon's contracting irregularities and delay any resolution to the matter, including dragging me through required standard process (the long kind) arbitration as we speak. They know I'm permanently disabled living on disability income and they are spending vast sums for an issue of less than $20,000 total value just to harass me until I go broke, go away or die (whatever comes first). I cannot afford a quality attorney to represent my claims.

Prime example of Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. viciousness: they have deployed Klinton **, Esquire (SunRun's Assistant General Counsel!) to face me, the permanently disabled non-attorney client in constant bone pain living solely on disability income, in the arbitration process. Not really much of a fair fight is it? Want to see copies of SunRun Assistant General Counsel Klinton **'s threatening email messages to me? Just ask and I will forward those directly to you. I invite all potential solar customers to contact Mr. ** personally and ask him if SunRun and Horizon Solar's processes and procedures truly abide by all contractual requirements, SunRun's Code of Business Conduct, applicable law and YOUR personal standards and expectations.

Ominously, SunRun Inc. is under Federal SEC investigation for allegedly misleading investors about high customer cancellation rates (it is reported that up to 40% of SunRun clients cancel the system entirely prior to install). Tellingly, SunRun Inc.'s NASDAQ stock symbol is 'RUN.' In my circle we refer to Horizon Solar as "Don Knotts and the Gang that can't contract straight!" and we refer to Mr. ** and SunRun Inc. as "The President of the United States" because they will admit to no wrongdoing ever for any reason even when presented directly with the evidence (just hit back harder!). Want to stay off Mr. **, Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc.'s vendetta hit list? Do yourself a favor and also sound the alarm to your family, friends and neighbors: When Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. come knocking, RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!

Original review: March 1, 2017

There was significant delays in designing the system to not have panels on the front of my home. Several iterations of the designs included panels in plain view on the front of my home - which I had been clear about not wanting. Once plans were finalized, installation was scheduled. The installation team never arrived on the day agreed upon. I received a call the following day apologizing for the miscommunication internally and was assured that a team would be out in two days. Once again no one showed up.

I was called around noon to apologize again - this time apparently the team had issues the day prior and needed to finish that before starting on my installation. The installation was rescheduled yet again for the following Monday - which they did make. The team that arrived spoke with vulgarities and played loud offensive music on the roof. They also smoked on the roof and around the property. I was very disappointed in the overall purchase, but mostly in the installation and litter that was left for me to clean up. I will not be recommending this company to others.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want

Horizon Solar Power expert review by Zachary Shahan

As one of the leading providers of solar power installation in Southern California, Horizon Solar Power is dedicated to offering residential homes a renewable energy system at discount pricing. Their unique take on solar installation helps more homes reap the benefits of solar energy without the high cost of panels.

• $0 cost installation: Instead of charging a high installation and materials fee, Horizon Solar Power takes care of these costs and only charges residents a reduced rate for their power.

• Locked in rate: Where other utility companies offer between one and three year guaranteed rates, Horizon Solar Power offers a 20-year, locked-in power rate.

• Energy savings: By switching to solar power, residents can save up to 40 percent on their monthly energy costs.

• Fast installation: Horizon Solar Power has one of the fastest installation times in the area, so new customers can get a system designed, installed and running in record time.

• Referral bonus: Not only will new customers see a reduction in their energy bills, they can earn additional credit simply by telling others about the service.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords and small business owners.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
    Zachary Shahan

Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Horizon Solar Power Company Information

7100 West Florida Ave

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.