2. Solar Energy

Powering Horizon Solar & Solar Spectrum

Sungevity
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.12/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Sungevity powers Horizon Solar Power (Horizon) and Solar Spectrum – two leading solar companies offering exceptional residential and commercial solar energy solutions. As one of the leading solar designers and installers, Horizon has been on a mission to provide customers with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008. Solar Spectrum energy plans are designed for homeowners looking for the advantages of solar energy without the upfront costs often associated with going solar. Customers get a locked-in solar electricity price without taking on the burden of operating, repairing and monitoring so they can experience the benefits of solar without any hassle.

Contact Sungevity today to find out how much you could save by switching to solar for your home or business.

Sungevity Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sungevity?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: March 20, 2020

I had the pleasure of working with Crystal ** with the Sungevity Company. She had a excellent presentation about installing Solar in your home. She explained the benefits of having Solar in your home in terms of the installation process, the cost of having Solar, and benefits of using Solar VS PG&E. She was very knowledgeable about the subject and was able to answer all of my questions. I would highly recommend working with Crystal ** if you are interested in having Solar installed in your home.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I just inherited my sisters home in Southern California. Her roof at Sungevity panels on it. I have been dreading going through the legwork to get her rental agreement transferred to my name. I sent this customer service department and email and within half an hour I got a response from Blake. He got the transfer done almost immediately. It was very easy. He also took time to teach me about the system and showed me their app to see how the system is performing. I was very impressed by him. I can’t wait to see if it really will make as much power as he says it should.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I just moved into a home with their system installed already. I learned from my new neighbors that I should be able to keep track of the sun systems production on my phone so I gave Sungevity a call to learn more. I got a Blake that took my phone call. We learned that my system was not connected to the internet like the old owners had it set up. He is having an employee come to my home and set it up for me free of charge once I get internet service. I am very impressed by Blake and this company so far and I plan to tell my sisters to look into them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I was impressed by the professionalism displayed by everyone I have dealt with. Anthony ** is professional par excellence. Very knowledgeable, He sold not only his company but also himself to me. I trusted the information he shared about solar energy and his company with such passion that I didn't feel like I was being sold something I didn't need. I very rarely purchase anything on the first presentation or viewing of a product. Anthony convinced me enough that I signed after a long conversation on the phone. The solar system was installed a few days ago. The people the worked on the project did an excellent work as well. Every thing flowed smoothly from start to finish. We are happy. Recommend Sungevity and their sales staff without any reservation.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I emailed Sungevity thinking they were my solar company, not sure how I did that. Rosanna ** not only answered my email, she helped me figure out MY MISTAKE PLUS she FOLLOWED UP with me to see if I resolved my problem. Her customer service is the BEST I HAVE EVER received. I leave reviews based on customer service, not the sale I get. Some people can sell ice to an Eskimo. I wish I was a Sungevity customer, she has put my place I purchased from TO SHAME!

Original review: April 27, 2020

The main reason I selected Sungevity was the sales person. I had been talking to 3 different companies and this individual presented the best plan for my needs. I have had this installation for over 3 years and it has been satisfactory. Most of all no PG&E bills.

Original review: April 26, 2020

My home had a complete 30 panel system installed 3 years ago by Sungevity and the communication from start to finish was great. They also added an electric car charger to my garage and I have had 4 electric cars in the process since then. Excellent energy savings across the board.

Original review: April 7, 2020

SUNGEVITY completed solar panel installation 1/28/2020. Project was financed. Received a mechanics lien on 4/6/2020 from subcontractor that SUNGEVITY has not paid. I am now on the hook for over $12,000. SUNGEVITY has not returned phone calls or emails.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I recently contacted Sungevity for installation of solar panels at our home. Their sales rep Erik was awesome and very knowledgeable. He explained the entire process to us and give us several choices to select from depending on our need. Entire process went very smoothly. We can say that in the end the experience was really wonderful. Thank you Erick ** for your help.

Deepak

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

He is very helpful! Helped me through the installation process and got us a great deal. Continues to be helpful answers all my questions and my wife's also. What more can I say I gave him 5 stars! Great customer service.

Horizon Solar Power author review by Zachary Shahan

Sungevity is a leading solar power provider that designs and installs residential and commercial solar systems. It offers flexible financing options and fast installation times.

• Solar products: The company’s solar panel systems use high-quality panels and low-impact mounting hardware. Solar panel systems can accommodate multiple storage options and other functionalities, including an EV charger.

• Financing options: Fixed-payment lease, prepaid lease and PPA agreements are available.

• Installation process: Installation includes site inspection and assessment, agreement, utility interconnection, permitting, solar installation and power activation. Installation is completed in 45 days or less.

• Warranty: Sungevity’s warranty covers installation and panels for 20 years and performance for 25 years.

• Coverage areas: Sungevity is available in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Washington, D.C.

by Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Sungevity Company Information