It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As one of the leading solar designers and installers in California, Horizon Solar Power has been on a mission to provide California residents with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008.

From day one, our customers see an average of 30% savings. We lock in rates for 20 years and there is a $0 cost for panels with free installation.

Contact us today to find out how much you could save with solar.

Horizon Solar Power Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

81 Horizon Solar Power Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Electric bills are quite high so, I wanted to save cost. The enrollment with Horizon was great and the process was pretty easy although the commissioning process took about a month. I worked with Thomas and he did wonderful. He answered all the questions and he was pretty straightforward. Also, the solar system was sized pretty well and the quote was accurate to the final cost.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We got Horizon Solar and it was a smooth transaction. Everything went according to plan as they saw fit and there wasn't any trouble at all. The quote was very accurate. We stayed a little on the quote when the work was done and saved a little bit. Also, the rep was a great representation of Horizon. As soon as I call him and if I leave a message, he responds back right away.

We had a really enjoyable time considering getting the system installed. My wife had me on the phone at the time that the installation was happening and it went really well. They told us the preliminary of the things that they were gonna do and they seemed to have followed every step of it. They did a wonderful job. We have a dog in the house and it's good that we can run the AC at a moderate temperature to where she doesn't have to be hot in the house.

Hi Sedrick,

Thanks so much for the great review! It was very nice to read such thoughtful feedback.

Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2,000.00

• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.
* We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors.
Login to the Ambassador portal: https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was invited to try the solar and I looked into it because my electric bill was high. One of Horizon's customer services called me and explained everything to me. They explained that I don't need to own it and because my bill is high, they could give me an option where they can give me a promotion. They set up an appointment to have a meeting with me and my husband. They were quick, professional, and friendly. The experience with Horizon was outstanding and it was everything that was promised. I mentioned to all my co-workers about the sunroof.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

California has one of the most expensive electricity and it got to the point where it was becoming so much of a cost. It was just unreal. I asked about different solar companies through our little community Facebook notification and everybody recommended Horizon. So, I looked into them more and they were the ones I chose to go with. I absolutely loved the girl that I dealt with initially. Kathy genuinely cared about what we wanted and she spent more than ample time answering my stupid questions a thousand times over. She did her follow-up and went over everything with me again and again.

The quote was pretty dead accurate. Kathy was right on. Also, she made the customizing of the system super easy. She went through everything, asked us what we needed and what our plans were gonna be in the future, and how everything was gonna work. She was fantastic with dealing with everything and understanding what our needs were and what our future needs were gonna be. She pretty well set it all up and she was there throughout the entire process. She even called me several times and emailed me to make sure that the guys that were coming out doing the work were doing their job right. Horizon's reps were friendly and easy to deal with. They're one of the only companies that I would deal with.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My electric bill was so high, so I decided to look into getting solar energy services. I happened to see Horizon Solar Power and they said that there'd be no hassle. The other companies didn't have that and I just got tired of the hassle to get things accomplished, so I tried Horizon and they're at it right on. Getting enrolled with them was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. I've called their rep, Rob, a few times just to ask him questions and he was wonderful. The lady who called me about appointments was wonderful too. Everything they've told me came right on schedule and if it hasn't, they called me plenty of times to let me know. Also, the four gentlemen who did the installation were very polite and clean. My experience with Horizon was excellent, overall. I’ve never had a quality service like this. They've done a pretty good job and I’ve told quite a few people about them.

Hi Alberta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful review. It is very important to us that we keep our process as "hassle-free" as possible for our customers. It always feels great when we get this kind of feedback from our customers. If there is anything else we can do to help improve your solar experience, please let us know!

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was told that going solar could save you some money on the electric bill, so I checked it out to see if it'd work for me. At the time, I liked what Horizon Solar offering. It was a good deal and what they said made sense, so I went with them. But during my enrollment, some things were a little bit off. They told me that the bill would be $139, but there was an extra charge for taxes that they forgot to tell me which was gonna be $140 something depending on what bill I chose. That was the only surprise though and everything else went smoothly and on time.

Their reps were also very knowledgeable and for the installation, their guys came in, did what they had to do, and left. It was done pretty quickly and met my expectations. After that, I had to call for them to send me my free motor tank. They were supposed to send it and I thought I was supposed to receive it automatically in the mail, but I had to call and get them to send it to me. Other than that, everything was good and I'd recommend them.

Hi Clarence,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you chose use to be your solar provider.

Blake

Senior Manager

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My husband and I got solar for our house a number of years ago. At that time, the company that was promoting it was Verengo but they used Sunrun. When we sold our house and bought a new one, we found Horizon. With them, we were able to choose from many different options and anytime there was a problem, they came out and serviced the system without us having to work out money for that. I worked with Jason and he was really thorough. He was able to run the numbers with all the different options and there was zero turnaround time in terms of communication. He did a great job.

There were a few things hooked up incorrectly here and there during the installation but they were taken care of immediately. They were on top of it the whole time and got things installed. With Horizon, we have lower electric bills, and I feel a lot more comfortable being able to run the AC and the pool equipment. I'm very pleased with our experience and people should go with them. They can look at all the different options in terms of payment and whether they want a flat rate or an increasing rate.

Hello Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.
We are so happy to have been able to assist with your family's energy needs and will be sure and let Jason know about his awesome shout out!
Diane, now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program.
Here is how.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Prior to going with Horizon Solar Power, we had solar with another company that eventually went out of business. At the time it did, we weren't getting the production we were promised when we signed up so we wanted to see what our options were. My best friend who was friends with one of Horizon's reps told us about the company. We went ahead and added to our existing system to get more solar.

Enrolling with Horizon was super easy. The rep, Melanie, did everything for us and everything was done online. Melanie wasn't out to sell and was really nice. She wanted to help consumers and was very informative. If we didn't need something, she wasn't going to sell it to us. The installation of Horizon's system went well. They let me know what was going on step-by-step. One time, our power box was stuck in standby mode. Their reps turned it off on their end and thereafter everything was good to go. Since having Horizon, we've had credit to our Edison account instead of owing. We’re still cut back on the electric that we use because we noticed that we were using more than what we should have. Still, it’s nice to have the power to use if we want to.

Hi Stefanie,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We will be sure to let Melanie and her managers know about the awesome kudos and congratulations on those savings!
Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.
Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

We scheduled an appointment with a salesman. He was/is a friendly guy. He went through the details of how it all works - there was NO PAMPHLETS or PAPERWORK involved in the entire transaction - made me very nervous. Hubby liked the idea of solar so we signed up. Again, NO PAPERWORK...More nervous. The “Project Coordinator”, Ashley called like the next day and asked if they could install that Friday. I pushed it out to the following Monday due to previous commitments. The so-called engineers came out that Monday, inspected and approved the roof for installation.

That Friday the installation crew came out to install. I kept hearing them talking to each other asking questions (that they should know the answer to) like “how do you (do something) in the panel" - getting real nervous... Then I saw this guy walking around my backyard - he had absolutely no reason to be in my backyard. Then my cable and internet went out. I went outside and asked what happened and was told it would be back up in an hour or so... In the interim I was asked to plug in their power tools and one of the guys cell phone. When they were finishing up, I was told that they could not finish the job cause they did not have the right breaker.

I was told that someone will be out in a 2 or 3 days to finish the install. That never happened BUT what did happen was I got a PRELIMINARY LIEN NOTICE FOR 14K from this company that never even finished the job. I called the salesman and was told that this company has done this before. Very nervous at this point. Told the salesman I am ready to call an attorney - salesman says he is calling his manager right now - It’s been two days and we HAVEN’T HEARD A WORD. No system connected, no call from the salesman, absolutely NO COMMUNICATION.

Hi Sandie,

Thank you so much for reaching out. We would like to apologize for the negative experience you have been faced with.

We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and have the chance to make things right. If you wouldn't mind sending us an email to inquiry@horizonsolarpower.com at your earliest convenience, with the name on your project and your preferred method of contact, we will have someone from our Customer Advocacy Leadership Team get in contact with you right away.

Warmest Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

It seemed to be the right time to look into solar energy service and I was referred to Horizon Solar. Signing up and enrolling was fairly easy and the rep I worked with was great. He seemed to be knowledgeable and friendly. Then, the installation was quick and I didn't even know they were here most of the time. Their reps were all professional and they let me know what was going with the steps. They're easy to work with. It hasn't been a month since I started using it and hopefully, we can use our air conditioner more.

Hi Esther,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It was really great to read about what a nice experience your solar project was. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can assist you with and congratulations on going solar!

Best,

Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Because of the high cost of electricity, I looked into solar energy services and the experience with Horizon has been wonderful. It's been very smooth and enrolling was extremely easy. They did all the work and they were very professional. They seem to know their business. It was cheaper to lease when you look at how much you save. I needed the savings in the beginning and I got a 25-year lease. Besides, in 25 years, my solar bills will still be lower than my electric bill is right now. You gotta look at inflation. Why would they want this whole stuff? It doesn't make sense. Plus when the lease is up, technology would have so much difference.

During the installation, they were super professional. I was at work and I didn't even know they were there. They were in and out, and when I came home, everything was cleaned up. There were even a few things that they had to do. They had to take my wall off but they fixed it then they actually painted. They also had to reroof part of my roof before they could put the panels on. Then they put the panels on and came out and did the electrical. Everything was wonderful. Everything that they set was correct too. They said they could have everything installed within a week and a half, and they did.

They were also safety conscious. When they were installing, it was during the hottest part of the year and their supervisor/manager only allowed so many on the roof at one time. Somebody else had to be down and he didn't let them stay up that very long. So being a safety professional, I know how important that is. When they were up on the roof, they were also wearing their fall protection. Everything was just to my satisfaction. They turned the system on a few weeks ago and so far, I'm extremely satisfied.

Horizon Solar Power response
Thank you so much for your kind words, Crystal. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Safety is one of our number one goals here, and we are thrilled to hear how well it was practiced during your installation process.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

One time, I became tired of my high electric bill and decided to go solar. I went with Horizon and it was the easiest thing I ever did. I dealt with Steve and he was able to answer my questions at the time. I got their basic package and the quote they gave was right on the money. Their rep told me what he could do for me, returned and the system he put in was everything he said it was. Also, it was good enough that I put it on another house. Their installer did two houses in one day. I'm completely satisfied and happy with them.

Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review. We will be sure and pass on the awesome kudos to Steve and the teams.
Gary, now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral, and every referral thereafter.
Login to the Ambassador porta: https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or you can enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The Horizon Solar agent who came out and talked to me was excellent, very informative, and very knowledgeable. He gave excellent answers and he wasn't pushy. He's a good person for the job. The guy who came out and inspected the roof was cool but the roofers were a disaster. They threw nails off the roof into the yard and they didn't pick them up. My dogs could have gotten messed up. Also, my husband had a nail getting to the lawnmower because he had no clue the nails were in the grass. In spite of that, the people who installed the solar panels were great. They did the installation in one day and didn't have to come back. Horizon Solar's customer service was good. They made sure things were getting done. I would definitely tell others to go with Horizon Solar because they are very informative and they keep you in the loop of things.

Hi Audrey,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are sorry to read about the nails left behind by the roofers. Safety is the main priority with our company, and we will be sure to apply this incident as a training opportunity with the roofing teams.
Audrey, now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral, and every referral thereafter.
Login to the Ambassador portal: https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or you can enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The cost of Hughes Electric's services was already high but they increased it between the timeframe of 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. So, I decided to look into solar energy services. The Horizon Solar salesperson was knowledgeable and he was able to answer all my questions. He was also very keen in going through the contract and all the things that I had to sign. So, I went with them. The incentive they gave me was competitive compared the other companies and my enrollment with them was good in general. It was complex, but easy. Thomas was my rep and he was very knowledgeable. But when I had a question, he never called back. Then I found one person and she was definitely on the ball. She knew exactly what to do and she was helping me.

The installation, however, was managed very poorly and I had a lot of problems. Four crews came out here and nobody knew how to install the solar panels. I almost gave up on Horizon then. The last crew who came in still had the wrong brackets but they got new ones from a hardware store in Anaheim and everything was done. They did a good job. They told me that that was so easy and that they didn't know why the other 3 crews could not do it. Horizon should have quality control over the people they are sending out. Some of the guys didn't even know which roof a thing should go.

After the installation, I went to the approval process with San Diego Electrical Inc. and it was a smooth. The salesman also came out one day and explained everything to me and what to do especially in emergencies. I had a good experience with Horizon and I'm very happy that I made the decision to go solar. I feel very good that I use reusable energy and that I don't have to burn any coal, oil, or gas. I would recommend Horizon but be very careful at the start of the project. If you don't like something, call them almost daily until they fix it.

Hi Heinz,

We sure appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

I wanted to let you know that we have definitely utilized the training opportunities provided by your assessment and appreciate you letting us know. We strive to provide the best experience for our clients, day in and day out and it always feels great to get such thorough feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to make your solar experience more enjoyable and congratulations on going solar!

Kindest Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We were looking into solar and realized that it's so expensive so we were holding off until the price has dropped. Also, a lot of people told us that there was still a lot of problems with the solar manufacturers, so we were waiting for everything. Then, I got something in the mail from Horizon Solar Power that said we can get $200 gift card to Amazon if we get a consultation with a rep. We had the consultation and it sounded awesome and really cheap.

We really liked the enrollment process with Horizon Solar. It was easy. Someone came to our house and helped us out. I also like how they emailed us everything and let us know. The quote was very accurate and it was more like a promise. They told us what it was gonna be and they kept their word. But we didn't like that when we spoke to a consultant, they made it sound like the process would be done within a couple of weeks. So we were preparing ourselves for a couple of weeks and it took a couple of months. We thought we were doing something wrong in our house and it was just a miscommunication. Someone could have just told us it would take a couple of months and we would have been fine with it. We needed to get approved by the city, then by our HOA and then by Edison. There were a lot of approval things but it wasn't Horizon's fault. It was mostly the other companies'.

When we were complaining because we thought it was taking too long, the rep, Cheryl, explained the process to us again and told us nicely that we had to wait. She was very professional. There were times when she wouldn't answer our emails, but it was probably because she was busy. A rep may have worded something wrong in the paper saying we have an old HOA and we told them we had a new HOA and asked if they could correct that. They said, however, that on their computer, it says it's the new HOA, so we thought nothing of it. Then we noticed it was taking a while so we asked them if they were sure that they contacted the right HOA. When they double-checked it, it was sent to the old HOA.

The installer came over and they were very professional and courteous. Our installation experience was amazing. They were here for only a couple of hours, did their job and cleaned up after themselves. Customizing our system was easy. They asked us for information and they brought a laptop and showed us everything. They tried their hardest to make the panels fit and they spoke to Edison to make sure that they knew the exact number that we needed. Horizon made us purchase the panels and we like the fact that they have these monthly payments.

We live in the inland where it’s always hot, and having all the sun and the house being always hot, it’s perfect that we are making energy out of the sun. We're having trouble paying for these but I like Horizon’s deals and I like how we don't have to pay any money down and the bills are stable. I'm going to school and my husband is a single provider. Going solar with Horizon helps us save more money and we are now a bit closer to being more financially stable. It takes a while but it's worth it at the end. We're very satisfied with our decision to go solar.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are sorry to hear about the miscommunication at the beginning of your solar project and are happy to read it was taken care of.

Kimberly, now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The enrollment with Horizon Solar was fairly easy. The day the rep knocked at the door, he offered the quote. He explained the pricing, how it worked and he got us the financing right there and then. The final quote was the same as the initial. The first time, the reps were okay but the last few times, I haven’t been able to reach them by phone. Also during the installation one of the guys mentioned he had an emergency, so they left and they didn’t come back for like two months, so that delayed the process until I had to call back and had them reschedule again and finish the job.

When they finished the job, they didn’t really have a lot of information. Another concern I have is that they just go and check it out and they never really say anything to us like, “Oh, we’re here for this and we’re here for that.” That’s something that I’ve been meaning to call customer service because it’s a concern for me because what if we’re not home and they just go there. Going solar has been a pretty good decision. Not getting the $200 bill is a big change. The service is good; however I was a little disappointed about how it all went through.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider. I am sorry to hear that we had to reschedule and slow the process of getting your system operable. I am glad to hear that you are saving some money on your electric bill. If there is ever anything I can do to help with your solar experience, please do not hesitate to let me know.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Because of the high prices of electric, I decided to look into solar energy services. I had another company come in. But what the rep of Horizon Solar gave me seemed logical and it also had a rebate that came directly to me, which I was comfortable taking. The sales process and the first measurement with Horizon went well. The first installation went well too. They were unable to establish a ground and it took more weeks than it should’ve taken though, but then they established a ground and everything works fine now. They were also easy to get in touch with. That wasn’t difficult, it was getting their office manager to get somebody out to do the work. But when they were able to get a crew out, they were great and very professional too.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had just moved up to Hemet from San Diego area, and I knew that it got pretty hot. At the time, I had a six-month-old baby, and I knew I’d be running the AC all day. So, I looked into solar energy services and liked Horizon's pricing. I enrolled with them and everything was straightforward. Their rep was able to answer any questions I had. He was always available whenever I needed anything.

Hi Francisco,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and congratulations on going solar!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

For Assistance Call: (866) 488-1922 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

A girl from Horizon Solar came knocking on my door and I decided to go solar as it was going to be free to me and they were gonna give me my money back. However, it became the most horrible experience I’ve ever had in my life. The panels went up a few weeks right after I signed the contract, then they did nothing at all. It took me forever to get my check from them. They promised two to three weeks and then they said, “Oh, no, we changed that. It’ll take eight to 10 weeks for you to get the check.” Finally, after me calling and calling they finally got the check but it was nowhere near the timeframe that they had promised it and I had bills to pay with that check.

They didn’t have the proper paperwork. It's a little bit ridiculous. If the panels are on, they should be moving along with the paperwork and getting everything straightened. They also never called Edison. Edison had no record of Horizon ever calling them. It was me that was calling to get everything done. I finally got a woman who was very sympathetic to my needs. Since the dispute’s been going on so long, she would put me at a priority on it. I would never recommend Horizon Solar for anything. They’re a horrible company. Everybody was rude. Every time I talked to anybody they said they would get back to me but no one ever did. They lie.

They can improve by, first of all, giving some customer service. When the panels are installed, they should be working on getting the process going. They shouldn’t just leave the customer sitting there. I could have had the service for the whole month of July and August but no, I had to pay Edison their high prices because Horizon Solar couldn’t get their paperwork straight.

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback. We pride ourselves on the experience we provide and it sounds like the ball was dropped. I would love to set some time aside to discuss your experience and see what can be done to turn things around. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me using my contact information below and we can setup a phone call.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We talked to PetersenDean and their program was not as flexible as Horizon’s, so we chose Horizon instead. We were fine with the lease and we didn’t need anything down. They also were able to send in an email if we needed it, and they answered our texts as well if we had any questions. The quote they gave was on the money, spot-on. They didn’t do anything before showing us exactly what was gonna happen. The rep came over to make sure that we knew how to use that box from the side of the house. The installation team also did everything they said they were going to do. We haven’t had a bill yet, so we don’t know what we’re getting but so far so good.

Hi Anjanette,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are glad to hear the installation went smoothly and everything was communicated clearly to help set expectations. If there is anything I can do to help with your solar experience please don't hesitate to let me know.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We wanted Horizon Solar because our electric bill was out of sight. This is a household and we're 80 years old. We don’t spend $400 a month on electricity. It was just completely unreasonable. We talked about doing solar with Omar, the rep. We did it and it has been working out very well. In the enrollment process, the transaction had something to do with Sunrun. Horizon wanted to see a year’s worth of Edison bills so I gathered it all up and sent it to Sunrun. There was a bunch of gobbledygook and Omar was sent out to get everything straightened out. We went from there and with the solar panels in place, the electric bill dropped to $14.

Horizon decided how many panels would be needed to accomplish what we wanted. During installation, everybody was wonderful and after they had the job done, they didn’t look like they were mad at each other. They were cordial, accommodating, answered questions and listened to my stories. The installers were friendly and it went fast. Horizon had electrical lines connected here and there so I bought paint and they let me paint all the lines the color of the house, and it blends in very well. I would tell people to call Omar and talk to him. Overall, it's been a great experience. We are a couple of old folks and we're just happy.

Hi Hildrith,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on your new low bill!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My light bill was ridiculous, so I went with Horizon Solar and the enrollment process took a couple of hours. The solar guy was great. I'm pretty much computer-challenged, so he walked me through everything. Also, I could call him then he'd find out what was going on and get the ball rolling again. He did that all the time. However, it took a long time for Horizon Solar to finish up. I started in April and everything just got finished on the 8th. They would give another timeline and they would delay it. They came out and put the panels in, then they couldn’t do anything because the electrical box wasn't right and they had to replace it. But other than that, Horizon's crew was nice. They came out to replace the panel, repaired the house where they had to cut in through, and it was like nothing ever happened.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Horizon Solar Power's service is good. Their representatives answered everything when they called me. Everything was pleasant about Horizon's enrollment process. The guys who came and did the installation were excellent. The installation was on time, too.

Hi Charles,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on going solar!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

The cost of energy was rising with Southern California Edison. At the time, I had already heard about solar and have done extensive research. A Horizon representative named Matt came to my front door. I always turn such people away, but there was something about him that made me choose Horizon. Though Matt was wonderful, setting up and getting the solar panels going hasn't been an easy process. It was very time-consuming. We had our panels put on in May and they weren’t even turned on until August 23rd. Thereafter, we found out they didn’t produce for almost two weeks.

When we couldn’t see anything on our Sunrun generation app, we called and asked what's going on cause we didn't find any information. They told us we're not generating any. Now, we have uncovered a problem, which is very sad since Horizon didn't monitor that. I had to go through Sunrun, who then had to jostle Horizon. Once it was up and running, it was the end for them and there hasn't been any follow up from them. It was actually Sunrun that had to get the ball rolling with Horizon to say that we aren't getting their electricity or any power generated through the solar panels for the last two weeks.

Other than that, the people who installed the solar panels were very good. I was not pleased though that I was promised to get one-year free electricity and a small rebate that would be applied toward my electricity payment only to find out that Horizon changed their policy well after we’ve signed our contract. They issued a check but I don't want a check. That was to be given to Sunrun to pay for my electricity and Horizon in the contract is to pay for anything over that for a year. And I have been in a great deal of difficulty and this is still unresolved. I even had to get Matt out and he took my check and he’s trying to get it resolved. So far, his follow-through has been amazing, he called us on his day off and he was the only person that has stuck through it with us.

Whatever the outcome, I'm not going to take a tax consequence at all. I refuse to sign the check and I’m going to hold them the task to give me that year of free electricity by paying that 2,400 to Sunrun. Furthermore, they need to make the rest of that payment if it’s owed to SCE for the one year as promised and as stated in the contract.

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for choosing us for your solar needs! I am sorry to hear the process took longer than expected. I will review the project with the team to check for learning opportunities and ensure we are as efficient as possible moving forward. If there is anything at this time I can do to assist you with your solar project, please don't hesitate to let me know!

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

The salesman of Horizon Solar was real nice. He came up twice. I called him back and asked him to come on. We went over a few other things and made a deal. I got their service for the price and they did everything during the enrollment. Everything is so easy. I didn’t have to put any money down. I’m just gonna make monthly payments and it would be lower than my electric bill. So far, Horizon Solar is great and I would recommend it.

Hi Bruce,
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I liked the email marketing of Horizon Solar. I was also impressed by their salesperson who came and visited me. Their services were competitively priced as well and they appeared to be a reputable company as compared to a couple of other providers that I've looked at. I had no problems during enrollment and their installers were all excellent. Thereafter, I paid exactly what they quoted me.

Hi Paul,
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We were really convinced with Horizon Solar as not only the plan was appealing, but the salesperson was also very thorough and low-key. He was the one that came out several times, and even the day of the installation, he came out briefly to oversee it. When the solar panels were put on, I thought it was gonna take a week, but it was done in one day and everything worked out much better than we expected.

Hi Carol,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and congratulations on your new solar project!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I believe we should be on renewable energy and get off fossil fuels. I had done a lot of research and I’ve wanted to go solar but I didn’t know who to call. When I found out my friend had started working for Horizon, it made me feel good because he would research into a company and he wouldn’t work for one that was lying, cheating and stealing. That gave me a lot of confidence going with Horizon. Enrolling with them was easy and I was quoted no cost out-of-pocket, which was exactly what it came to be. Their customer service was also great. We went to get the permission to operate from Southern California Edison. After we got it, they tried to walk me through getting the inverter to talk to the Edison meter. The next thing I knew there was a guy here making sure everything was put online.

Hello Ms. Gath,
First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. It was awesome to read, and we love your thoughts on renewable energy!
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Our neighbors down the street had Horizon Solar and we had the rep come by. I made an appointment with her and she was very friendly. Enrolling was very painless and the quote was very accurate. She came by for a follow-up visit and showed me the whole system, and that was excellent. The only thing that was a little concerning was the miscommunication between the front office and then the installers. They were on two different pages on what was going on with the subpanel. The installers said that they need to put it, and the front office told me that I was actually up and running because I have the PTO. Then come to find out, a different installer showed up and said that I don’t need it, and then a different installer showed up that said I do. Finally, this guy said he could work it where I don’t need the subpanel, and I was like, "Guys, just get it working." It got mixed up but it was resolved.

Hi Stanley,
I would like to apologize for the miscommunication you experienced in the beginning and thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. Congratulations on your new solar system and we hope you are enjoying the savings!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Our house was piped for solar energy, so we already knew that we wanted to go solar and that was something that we were planning on. Horizon Solar's enrollment process was decent. Their rep, Duke, was a good salesperson and we were comfortable with him. He did what he set out to do to take care of business and it worked out well. We signed up into a leased program and it was right on the money. We added a couple of panels so the cost went up a little, but that was because we were making sure that we got enough transferable energy so that we would be netting a zero.

We also changed some of their plans since the house was already plumbed for the system and we told them that we would like to use the existing conduits. Most of the people up and down the street have horrendous-looking pipes hanging outside of their homes, while ours are all built-in and it looks really slick on the outside of our house.

Once Duke was done with the sales process, they contacted us right away and we had gotten the installation set up within a matter of days. The installation team was phenomenal. The follow-up from Duke in the next couple weeks was great. Then the final inspection through the city and Horizon was great. By the time everything went into Southern California Edison, we had gotten the approval to turn the switch within 24 hours. Overall, our experience with Horizon Solar was really good.

Hello Inglis Family,

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review and giving Duke the awesome shout out! We will be sure to let him know!

Horizon Solar Power expert review by Zachary Shahan

As one of the leading providers of solar power installation in Southern California, Horizon Solar Power is dedicated to offering residential homes a renewable energy system at discount pricing. Their unique take on solar installation helps more homes reap the benefits of solar energy without the high cost of panels.

• $0 cost installation: Instead of charging a high installation and materials fee, Horizon Solar Power takes care of these costs and only charges residents a reduced rate for their power.

• Locked in rate: Where other utility companies offer between one and three year guaranteed rates, Horizon Solar Power offers a 20-year, locked-in power rate.

• Energy savings: By switching to solar power, residents can save up to 40 percent on their monthly energy costs.

• Fast installation: Horizon Solar Power has one of the fastest installation times in the area, so new customers can get a system designed, installed and running in record time.

• Referral bonus: Not only will new customers see a reduction in their energy bills, they can earn additional credit simply by telling others about the service.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords and small business owners.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Horizon Solar Power Company Information