4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As one of the leading solar designers and installers in California, Horizon Solar Power has been on a mission to provide California residents with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008.

From day one, our customers see an average of 30% savings. We lock in rates for 20 years and there is a $0 cost for panels with free installation.

Contact us today to find out how much you could save with solar.

Horizon Solar Power Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

106 Horizon Solar Power Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We had a very unpleasant experience with Horizon. They had a guy come out once the panels were in place and he made sure we would pass the inspection. They went through everything and he said that the trench was left open, so the inspector could see where the ground wiring was. He dug a trench last minute, but we still failed inspection. We had to wait for the guy to come back out, then they put us on hold and it took us about a week or two before they could come back out to put the fence around. We finally got the fence, but they left the trench open, so we had to have the guy come back and we had to wait again to put us on the list for the people to come back out to fill the trench.

Then, we had a windstorm and my husband noticed that one of the panels blew over, so I called. There was a guy that lives up here and I called him. He said not to bother with the company and that he would send one of the crew out that night. It was a weekend and he said that they would take care of it for us. He was very nice, however, nobody showed up, so we got very upset and we ended up calling Sunrun. They said they would have somebody come out on Monday because nobody works during the weekend and that they put a priority order on it because it was very dangerous. The winds got really bad and the panels have flown. They have gone to my bed and windows and he said that it could kill somebody.

But late that night, there was a knock at the door and it was one of the nice guy's crew. He said he was there to fix the panels. He came to the door and he said there were no pins in the panel. They had just laid it on top of the device and they saw another panel that had no pins in it either. He said to call Horizon, make sure somebody comes out and make sure that all the other panels were secured because there could be a possibility of other panels not having pins to secure them down. The next day, we discovered that one of the panels wasn't working and it took another week and a half before they finally got somebody out here. I was waiting and waiting. I called Sunrun and they said that it was gonna take 24 hours to contact Horizon, and Horizon will take another week to a week and a half for them to get somebody out to fix everything. I wanted somebody out here, but they said that they had a schedule that they gotta follow. I was very mad.

About a couple of days later, I got a phone call and they said that they had a crew that can come out in such date. I said that would be so nice and I would appreciate it so much. I'm disabled and my husband always locks the gate before he goes to work, so it is very hard for me to get down my steps and to get to the fence and unlock it, but I was more than willing to do it to get the thing fixed. I told them if they could have them call me when they were on their way and that I would go down and unlock the gate. The person said okay and that they would do that.

I waited and waited and I finally got a call that the crew was on its way and that they were almost here. I said that I would unlock the gate. So, I went down the steps and unlocked the gate. I pushed the heavy gate open and came back in. I sat and waited, but nobody showed up. I got a phone call at 4 o'clock and they said that they were so sorry and that they had to reschedule. I asked why and the rep said that the crew discovered they had to travel on dirt roads. I said that we are 1/16th of a mile from the paved road and that we are the first house of the first road of the main paved road. I also said that I knew exactly what was going on. It was 4 o'clock and the crew wanted to go home. I told the lady to forget it and I slammed the phone down on her. I was so upset. I called the really nice guy that I've talked to and I told him what happened. He said a crew was working up in Phelan and 95% of the road in Phelan is dirt.

I called Horizon the next day and I demanded to talk to the highest person I could talk to. I talked to the customer service manager and she had a crew come out the very next day and fix everything. When she called me back, she said she had talked to the lady that I have talked to about sending me the crew and then telling me that they had to reschedule the last minute. She said there was no excuse the crew couldn't come that day and she apologized. She also said that if there was anything she could do, I could have her personal number and call her. She was very nice and amazing, but the crew that they sent out was a total mess.

My daughter and her friends had the same problem. She had one friend that they were all set up for and have Horizon go out and install, but they put everything on hold and they never showed up. They completely forgot and their friends were so furious because they stayed home from work and they missed the day of work. When Horizon reschedules, they purposely cancel the appointment on the last minute. They were so mad and they canceled on Horizon. It also took them forever to get the referral check. Horizon was doing a $2,300 or $2,100 payment thing, but I didn't qualify for that because we couldn't buy ours because we have a manufactured home. The rep promised me a $500 sign up bonus, but I've never seen it. Evan and the customer service manager were the only two people I liked out of the whole thing. We've been so frustrated.

Get expert buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We were looking into solar and my brother used Horizon. He loved it, so we went with it. It was good when we started. Steve came in, gave us the quote, worked with us on the pricing and we had a deal. The installation team was great and the process was quick and easy. The guys who installed the panels was effortless. They came in, they were very polite, let us know what was going on and then cleaned up when they left. However, this has been the longest process. Nicky was originally handling us and I had to ask if she could be removed to get some movement on the case. She wasn't returning my calls. Steve let us know also with needing a panel upgrade and it would take four months but we’re nine months into it and I’m still waiting to get a phone call back from Olivia, just to have someone come out and show us the system. The customer service was horrible and I wouldn’t recommend Horizon.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We have 36 panels already from Horizon that were not producing. They suggested another extra 30 panels at an extra 200 a month to keep from getting a high electric bill. First it took forever to get someone to come and do the plans. Then they kept putting me off on the install date with different days. Finally they forgot to have their installer show us the plans and they installed the electrical and disconnected my current solar panels without telling me. However two guys showed up at property unannounced my ring and ADT camera went off so I called the cops and they were criminals with a wrap sheet - they were arrested. The company accused of having their team arrested. We were appalled to find out these guys were just wandering my property. They were a subcontractors people.

Then they sent a second set of guys and they left garbage and dirt everywhere they installed the panels in the wrong area and with the Santa Ana winds two panels ripped off. My husband told them that by sending a second set of guys with from the same company was a bad idea, we feel it was on purpose. Now three months later I have begged, pleaded and threatened to have these panels removed. They are not even working or hooked up. They are sitting on my property as an eyesore.

The kicker they didn’t pay the concrete company therefore the company put a lien on my property for lack of payment. Apparently when solar doesn’t pay their contractors it becomes the homeowner's responsibility to pay. This nightmare never ends. I'm not sure why they won’t take their equipment or their panels and just leave us alone. They don’t call us back they have not reached out to speak with us and now we have a lien to figure out. If you value your home or your life don’t do it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I got a bunch of quotes from different contractors and Horizon is one of them. The interaction with the reps went well as far as everything, going in and going out. I gave them what I was looking for and the stuff that I wanted. And then they did their take off as far as designing their system and then what I needed. They called me and found out what my average use was, and then what size of a system was gonna cost it. After that, I came on to term as far as money wise or what their quote was.

They always said the incentive bonuses were gonna come right after I got Permission To Operate. And now, they said it's six-day weeks out, at least. But outside of that, they did what they said they were gonna do. The installers were fine. They showed up when they said they were gonna show up, and they installed the solar. However, there was a little bit of a time where I was wondering what was happening because I didn't hear anything back from Horizon or the contractor.

I would call Horizon and they would tell me eventually. But there wasn't like one point of a contact person that I would call. So every time I'd call, I got a different representative or a project manager. That kinda left me in the dark. Also, there's still a tile broken on my roof and I told Horizon that their contractor cracked that tile. I'm still waiting for that to get fixed. It has been about two months now. Nevertheless, I have told my neighbor who was looking at solar panels to look at Horizon.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Horizon Solar sounded like they knew a lot more than the other companies and Matt, the first person I talked to, was good from start to finish. The timeline made a difference in our decision since we wanted to get it done way before the end of the year so we could get to finish it also in our taxes. The installers were quick and they did everything perfectly. They took care of the sign off on our pool at the county that was causing us a lot of problems. I don’t look at the meter much but Matt came over and showed me what to look for. He put it in my phone so I could look at it. It pops up and down as power is being made. Horizon Solar was great and I’m planning on recommending them to a lot of neighbors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

There was a young gentleman from Horizon walking door-to-door. We chatted and he was persistent. The numbers added up, we went with it and I'm happy. So we did the second home as well. From beginning to end there hasn't been like one issue where I was displeased, confused or misled. The project coordinator and the guys that came out to the house did a really fantastic job. We have a brand new home, so my wife was concerned about pipes on the outside running from the panels down to the box and how awkward it would look. I related that information to the installers and they did a very, very symmetrical job, considering the wall. It was exposed a little bit, but you couldn't get around it.

There's one receptionist, kind of a troubleshoot girl that's fine to me, so when I call someone else, they kinda transfer me over to her, and she kinda has all the notes thereof. My neighbor across the street had panels installed and he was not happy with the way that the whole final product came out. He wished he would've went with my company. Horizon did a great job. The bill was fair, according to my 12 months of service so I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have had a $450 power bill, and I decided I didn’t want any more of that. I got on the internet, and Horizon Solar was the first name to pop up on the list to have 5 stars. I called for an appointment, and about 10 days later, got a call back and had the appointment. A very nice gentleman told me about your program. I explained that I was looking for a way to run my air conditioning system and he said, “We don’t work at that way,” and he told me more about the system.

I’m not in the position to buy equipment, so I was sort of giving up. And he explained then that I could kind of work out a lease basis. I’m still not quite sure how that all works out but at any rate, I got a solar system without any out of pocket expense, and I appreciated that enormously. They came and installed the system very nicely. They were very, very nice people that come and do the installation. But they had trouble with my roof because it’s cement tile, which is very old and very brittle.

They were careful, but they couldn't help damaging the tiles up there. And the repairs were not permanent-type repairs. They were kinda glued-down-type repairs. Fortunately, I have a handyman who knows my roof and has repaired it a couple of times, and he sort of took over. So I would recommend that Horizon Solar have people who are very much more expert in roof installation, at least with old-style roofs like mine. Mike repaired everything, but they provided a lot of equipment. They were here. They brought a pallet of tiles, which I appreciated, and they worked along with Mike. Between his work and their work, I explained to the workmen who came how delicate those tiles were. Overall, did a wonderful job of installation.

They had to come back a couple of times because they repaired my big box. There were two units that they installed. One, the main box, and then there’s the control mechanism and the big box had to be in the place where they had put the control mechanism. There was a delay reinstalling the equipment and a couple of crews came out, but with incomplete information and no resources to do the work. They were given not very good information about what they were expected to do.

The third crew came out after I called and explained that I was getting a little frustrated. They sent a very professional young fellow out who brought a handy back-up person with him to do some of the work. He knew exactly what to do. He installed the equipment and the house met all of the code inspections from the city. And it is clearly working well, so I’m very, very happy with it. He did a wonderful job. I have a little paint to put on the wall. But other than that, the house looks just fine.

The unit is now working. My first power bill from Edison was for $5 and 2 cents so that was better than I could imagine. I don’t know how long that will go, but we’ve had lots of sunny days, and I appreciate having the solar system. I feel very good about having it up there and Horizon does a very fine job of follow-up. Bob, from Horizon, came by this morning to convey the contract and to give me a quick overview of the equipment. He’s a very nice man. I’m 84 and not as sharp as I used to be but he was very clear and very patient. I appreciated the time and energy he put in on his explanations and left me good documentation. Everyone who made an appointment showed up on time. I will highly recommend Horizon Solar.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My bills are around $400 a month for power and I’ve been researching solar for a while. Horizon Solar sent me a gift card from Amazon and I called it. They came and did an estimate, and it all looked good. They had a good deal so I jumped on it. The enrollment process went very easily and smoothly. All my representatives were good. The installation was good too and it was all done when I came back. Everyone did what they said they’re gonna do and they did it a lot earlier than the time frame that they gave me. Going solar is great and I’m really happy. We’re saving money now since the bill is 50% less than what I’ve been paying, which is always a good thing. I don’t have to worry about what I use as far as my air conditioning. It’s nice to not have to crack down on power. Horizon Solar did a great job and I’m 100% pleased with them. I definitely recommend them. If you're considering, call Horizon Solar.

Good morning, Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. Congratulations on your new solar system and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the savings!
Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.
* We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors.
Login to the Ambassador portal: https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

A friend referred me to Horizon Solar. I’m really big on customer support and the deal as well as the customer support that I got from the rep, John, made me decide to sign up with them. I told John to include the deal and that in order to have a good sale, customer support and communication with me were gonna be the major selling points. So, he did everything that I asked him to do and there was nothing that he needed to do extra. If you’re gonna tell me that you’re gonna be on time, I expect you to call me 15 minutes prior and let me know that you’re on time or if you’re running late, or if you can’t make it.

I went through and read everything, then I discovered some issues with the contract. There were some things that needed to be changed in their documents to make these clear to the customer. I had John send the contract back to Horizon Solar for revision. There was some miswording that was being used, but that got fixed. November was a partial month for us in going solar and I haven’t seen the December bill yet from the electricity company. But I have already recommended Horizon Solar to three of my friends and I’m just waiting for when they would be ready to give their information. So far, everything in my experience with going solar has worked well and John took care of me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had been interested in solar energy services for a while, but I bought an electric hybrid and it was costing me $50 a month to keep it charged. I thought it was time to get serious and got Horizon Solar. It was unbelievably easy enroling with them. The salesperson was very informative but not pushy. He laid out the program, put the whole system in, and got it up and running. I didn’t think I was gonna find a better deal. Also, their reps have all been very helpful. Most receptionists don’t know any more than how to transfer your call to somebody and I couldn’t believe how up to speed the lady at Horizon was on everything. I know it’s a big company and whenever I called her and asked her something, within 30 seconds, she had an update for me. They’re very efficient.

The installation went wonderfully well. They were very quick. They had to replace the tar paper under the roof and they came and did that in one day. The next day, they came and installed it and was all done. The installation was done in probably about six hours. So far, it has been good. I haven’t got a bill from the electric company yet to see and we’ve had more cloudy days than normal. But they guaranteed that it’ll produce electricity that we talked about. Also, I’ve had other customers tell me that if it didn’t produce every year what they said it would, they send you a check for the difference so you can’t beat that.

Hello Douglas,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review and congrats on going solar!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My wife told me all about Horizon Solar Power and we decided to see what it does and if it could help our electric bill. The reps explained what it was and we signed on. They came out, measured the house and saw how many panels they needed for it. The cost was a couple of dollars lower than what was quoted. It took them a month to schedule the installation. From the time they scheduled it to the time they got it all up and running, it took five weeks and we’ve been live for two weeks now. When the system went offline, they checked it and they found out that it was their system at the monitoring place that wasn’t reading my system. They discovered it was a glitch on their end.

Hello Gerald,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We will be sure to let Jim and his managers know about the kudos, and we are sorry to read about the glitch. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do for you to make your solar experience even better!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My electric bill was outstanding and solar energy was something that I’ve been wanting to do. Jim, the Horizon sales rep, was a friend of mine and I reached out to him. He took care of me. Enrolling with them was a fantastic experience. It was easy, simple and very non-intrusive. The installers did a great job. It was a simple installation and it took half a day. The system is up on my house and it looks good. I like the way they designed it and so far, it is operating as normal. Horizon is a great company and they do quick and efficient work.

Hello Israel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful 5-star review. We will be sure to let Jim and his managers know about the kudos.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I don’t like the fact that I don’t really use my AC in the summertime, and I still have $500 or $600 a month electric bills. We were Googling different solar companies in our area, and got one or two quotes. I really liked the guy who came out and talked to us from Horizon, so we went with them. It was one of the most simple things I’ve done. I thought it’s gonna be a whole lot more complicated than it was but it was easy. I didn’t really do anything.

Mike came out to talk to me and Rosa Marie coordinated everything. If I send her an email, I get a response within minutes and that’s what I like. We had a couple of days arranged and I was waiting for just a little bit of work to get done. When I haven’t heard from anybody for a little bit, I contacted her and within minutes, she got me taken care of. I got somebody coming over. I got a date set up. She was on top of it. I get busy. I work for the school district and I’m not home a lot. So the fact that I don’t have to do any of the legwork to get ahold of somebody was really nice. That was the biggest thing. The communication was great, with her.

Then the guys who actually put the solar up, were phenomenal. Everything they did there is absolutely zero damage done as far as like if they’re drilling holes or anything. I don’t know exactly what else is involved with installing it. There's no visible signs of knowing that somebody worked on my house. There were no trash, no foul language, which to me, I wouldn’t have cared anyways. But the fact that they were just so professional was really nice. Other than that, the solar was up.

I’m excited to see what my bills are gonna really start looking like, other than what I owe every month to. When I know I’m gonna pay $231 a month, and that’s pretty much it, that’s gonna be real nice because I’m all about budgeting. When I don’t know month-to-month what I was gonna be paying for electricity, that sucked. And now that I know every month this is all I pay, I can budget. I can use my AC, when I didn’t use my AC before. That’s gonna be huge because it gets hot here.

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice 5-star review. We will be sure to let Mike, Rosa, and their managers know about the shout-outs and congratulations on those savings!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I bought the solar back when this was a different company. That was around three and a half years ago. I had 32 panels put on my house, which is a lot of panels, but the system wasn't putting out the amount of electricity that they said it would. Since I've had solar, I've had a bill at the end of every year for $1,000 but I don't wanna have to pay that. I'm gonna pay the solar company $100 a month or whatever the service costs but I don't wanna see an electric bill. That's the reason I got extra panels.

Sunrun is the one I had first then for the extra panels, I bought through Horizon. But when I bought the extra panels and Horizon came out, they led me to believe that they were gonna add these panels to the Sunrun panels I had and I was gonna get one bill. But I'm getting two bills. I'm getting the bill from Sunrun and a bill from Horizon. I want one bill though. I knew that Horizon took over Sunrun but I thought it was still one company. Now, it looks like I've got two companies with two bills and two sets of people I've got to go through. The last time I talked to Horizon, they gave me a person from Sunrun too.

My theory is that if I get solar, I don't wanna pay the electric company a dime. I'm paying the solar company to run my electricity for me but if they can't produce enough electricity, then I don't need them. I got 16 panels through Horizon but I don't know whether that's gonna cover my electricity usage or not. In fact, I don't even know if it's working now. They call me and say it's working. But I'm not satisfied with the amount of energy it's producing. I also can't get online to see what it is producing so I can complain about it that way. I can get people to call me and tell me how to set up my online things but I can't get anybody to come out. And I'm really getting disappointed with them.

I think they don’t want me to get online. They don't want me to know what the system is producing. I guess they're also mad at me because I've yelled at them a couple times. It also seems like Horizon is back east somewhere. They're not from out here in California. They still have salesmen and affiliates here but the salesmen don't know how it works. They just know how to sell it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I wanna go green and pay just one fee every month consistently. John, the guy from Horizon, came by and I was already interested in getting solar energy services a while back. Enrolling with Horizon was very fast and very good. John listened to what we needed and he got us what we needed like the number of panels. He did a good job. Also, the quote that he gave us was the exact same quote every month. However, he told us that Edison wanted just a $10 line fee so they can be on the grid, but it’s a bit more. Horizon has to be upfront on the costs. Moreover, I was supposed to get some rebate, but nothing came. Other than that, our experience with Horizon has been great. I like having solar for the future and saving money down the road.

Hi Nathan,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice 5-Star review.
We will be sure and let John know about the kudos.
Nathan, now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I called Horizon Solar and I ended up knowing the salesman from high school, Ted. The process was a big run-around. I was looking to get a new roof and their first roofing company was no call, no show. And then their install people were no show. They’re supposed to get a rep or someone to come down and show me how to use this sensors thing. They just hooked it up and left. I’ve done as much as I could possibly do, like downloading the app, and I don’t know how to use it. I was told that someone would get ahold of me, and nothing. And that’s the worst part, at least with me. Don’t tell me you’re gonna do something and then don’t do it. It’s not cool.

I was also supposed to get a rebate check from them. I got a second solar thing done on there, and I still ain’t received my rebate check. But Ted and a lady named Olivia, were cool. She offered me $300 more on my first rebate check because it was such a hassle. I have a pretty decent-sized project. My first set was 43 panels, and then my next set was 16. So we’re looking at 59 panels I have on my house from them. I know that’s a good amount because I know other people only got 30 at most. I would think that they would treat it like it was a decent-sized contract but they didn’t really care a lot of the times.

Hi George,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. We are sorry to read about your experience and want to let you know your review has been forwarded to leadership and someone will be in contact shortly to help with a resolution.

Please, do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

Best,

Liz

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I wanted to reduce my electric bill and I knew that I gotta have solar. I was motivated to run all my electricity and not have to pay Edison anything. Horizon Solar told me that if I'd get an electric bill from Edison, they would pay for it. The enrollment process with Horizon Solar was easy and I was very happy with the rep that I worked with. He was a good salesman. He explained and he made me understand very well. I had a couple of troubles with Horizon Solar, but it all worked out. Everybody was good.

The installers got everything up the first day and the clean-up was good, and they had to come back another day to finish off. As far as the service and getting hooked up, I was happy with the guys. They were excellent. We have enough panels on here and there is a big difference in what I'm paying for the solar panels compared to what I was paying for electricity since I got a pool in. I can use all my stuff all the time if it works out and I haven't gotten a bill from Edison yet.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful 5-star review. Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Enrolling with Horizon was simple and the quote I was given was accurate with no hidden fees. We actually had another company come out before, but they were too pricey for us. Everyone was really nice too. I had to call a few times and people answered my questions politely. Even the representative that came to our house explained everything thoroughly to us. However, the installation crew didn't come when they were supposed to. But they contacted us several hours later, apologizing and saying they were behind schedule. They didn't have enough men working. They had set up another date and they were on time then. Everything went smoothly. They said it would take day, and they were there for a few hours. We're so very new to having solar but so far, it's been really nice not having that high electric bill because we used to have a really high energy bill in the summer time.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review and being so understanding about the crew being shorthanded on your original installation date.

Please, do not hesitate to reach out of there is anything else we can do to make your solar experience even better.

Best Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

After reading all the online reviews of all the solar companies, I almost gave up. I thought of trying Horizon 'cause they were rated number one in California. And I was pleasantly surprised the whole way through. I was expecting problems all along but I had nothing. Enrolling with Horizon was super easy and I was amazed. I'd email the rep in the morning and I'd get an answer or a phone call back in the afternoon. He was always on top of everything and kept me well-informed at all times. If there was a change in schedule, he would call me well in advance and let me know it was gonna be delayed by a day or two.

The installation went smoothly and was activated way ahead of schedule. I had a tile roof, but underneath the tile, there's an underlayment roof that actually protects the roof from rain. I was worried about that so I told the installation crew that if I need to, I would renew that sub-layer. They said, "It looks fine." Next thing I knew, they took that off and put a brand new roof and never asked me for a dime. I also had an issue with one panel being in the wrong place. I didn't want it so they came back and moved it for me without any question.

By the end of the first month of going solar, San Diego Gas & Electric owed me 20 bucks versus the $500 I was normally billed. I will never go back because Horizon saves me 500 bucks a month. Although I have to pay them $174 a month for 20 years for the solar system, but that's part of the deal. I put no money out of pocket and $174 versus $500 is a pretty easy take. And if I paid cash for it, the payback would have been in six years, and that's pretty incredible.

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice 5-star review.
It was great to read all of your positive feedback and congratulations on those savings!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I went on the Horizon Solar website, we were looking for it and they contacted me. The sales coordinator came out to my house. We met and discussed things, and we went over the electric bills. They were responsive in the process that I signed up with. I was connected with Tanesha, one of the representatives from Horizon Solar, and she kept me informed with emails. When I'd call and ask questions, I had to call directly ‘cause I never get through when calling the 800 number in which I get one other people and then I get connected.

The people that came and did the service for the roof was a hell of a crew and they did what they were doing. However, they basically spoke Spanish. One gentleman can speak some English and tell me a little bit of what’s going on, but I really couldn’t get the answers that I wanted when they were on the field, so I had to call Tanesha.

The people would have done it all in one day, but there was a miscommunication between the town of Apple Valley and Horizon's inspector. He was supposed to be there that morning and he didn't show up until 3:00 o’clock that afternoon. The two started their first portion but they couldn’t finish up ‘cause they were waiting for the inspector to get approval. One guy stayed and the rest of them went to start another job.

The people were supposed to come the next day, and that was when we got that big rainstorm so they had to come back and finish it up two days later than what they previously thought they could. They came out, whipped it out, the inspector came out and signed off on it, and another inspector came out and gave the final authorization. The timeline would have been pretty good if not for the storm that delayed things. I’m waiting for the bills but right now, I’m happy. It looks like it’s dropped. My first bill doesn’t really start with Horizon until the 24th of December and I’m hoping I get my $500 check.

Hello Henry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.
We will be sure to let Tanesha and her managers know about the recognition, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding with the weather conditions as well.
Henry, If you haven't received your incentive check thus far, please feel free to send us a private message and we will look into this for you.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was bombarded by all kinds of solar companies, but word of mouth, customer satisfaction and my friend’s referral were the reasons why I went with Horizon Solar. Enrolling with Horizon Solar was great. I had it on my home that I just sold. I also put it on three of my rentals. My neighbor hooked up and put it on because he was happy with my service. I went with Horizon again. We didn’t use Sunrun and we used Suniva. But I used the same company and just recently put it on my new home.

Customizing the panels went smooth as well. I didn’t get involved with that and I let the experts do their thing. I told them I wanted as much power as I could. They might have gone a little overkill on my panels, but that was per my request. Also, the final cost was right on the money. Horizon Solar did everything they said they would do, and they’ve been quick. The only thing I would recommend that they change is that for someone like me who has multiple properties with multiple billings, they need to put the address on each billing. I identify it by the cost. Nevertheless, it's a no-brainer going solar. It’s smart, it’s inexpensive and it’s the way to go.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such an awesome 5-star review. We were thrilled to read about your experience and want to let you know most of the reason we provide such an awesome customer experience because we have such awesome customers like yourself.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to make your solar experience even better and congrats on going solar!

Kind Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Electric bills are quite high so, I wanted to save cost. The enrollment with Horizon was great and the process was pretty easy although the commissioning process took about a month. I worked with Thomas and he did wonderful. He answered all the questions and he was pretty straightforward. Also, the solar system was sized pretty well and the quote was accurate to the final cost.

Hi Imad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a pleasant 5-star review. We will be sure and let Thomas and his managers know about the shout-out!
Now that you have encountered the many advantages of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Due to the cost from production versus my current electric bill, particularly in the summertime, I got interested in solar energy services. I went with Horizon Solar since a friend of mine referred them. He used them for about a year and liked them. Also, there was no huge down payment with Horizon Solar. It was a straightforward payment process, where it is a flat rate of $86 a month. Then every year or so, it’s gonna go up 2 bucks per month. I haven’t paid my first bill yet, but the quote they gave me was accurate.

I had a good experience enrolling with Horizon Solar and the whole process was easy. I had one meeting with the sales guy, and then their people came out to the house a couple of times. I worked with Steve and he was very friendly, knowledgeable, easy to talk to and very helpful. The reps at Horizon Solar were also helpful and knowledgeable. The installers just took one day to put the panels in, and I just let them in and didn’t need to be home.

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a pleasant review and congratulations on those savings!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The high cost of electricity, especially here in the summer months, led me to solar energy services. I went with a referral that I trusted and the whole enrollment process with Horizon was good. I was impressed with the representative's accuracy to detail and willingness to give out correct information. The quote I was given was also very accurate. The people who came out and installed also did a really good job. They made everything match my house. The experience I had if I had an issue or a question, with just being able to call in to get an answer, was very easy as well. The customer service representatives were very polite. They were also very fast to get me a question and a correct answer. It was very good dealing with them. Since I’ve been on solar, it's seemed to be okay. The system just went online and I haven’t got a utility bill. But so far, it's been a great experience.

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice 5-star review.
It was great to read such positive feedback.
Justin, now that you have encountered the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our referral program.

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I shopped around for solar companies and after I inquired online, I got a bunch of calls. I asked a few questions and got a few estimates, then I settled with Horizon Solar. I paid cash for the unit and they made it so easy for me to get what I needed. They also had a good price, which was within my budget. I like the young man from Horizon Solar who came out. His name is Jonathan and he was very knowledgeable and a pleasant person to talk with. I was very comfortable interacting with him and we became friends.

The customer service rep was very polite. She called to check and see how things were going and asked me about the installation. My experience with the installation was wonderful and the installers were very polite as well. They were very quick with the installation and were very thorough with the explanation of what was going on and what they were gonna be doing. Whatever questions I asked, they answered.

Going solar means that I don’t come off the grid, but I’m not having to pay for the electricity that I normally would have. I’m very satisfied with my decision going solar. I got an acre of land and wanna do some landscaping, but I wanna put some lights in back there. Also, since it gets so hot out here, my dogs could have air conditioning. So, I needed so many panels as I wanna make sure that everything would be covered and make having solar profitable for me.

Hi Aaron,

We would really like to thank you for taking the time to give us such an awesome 5-star review. We will be sure to let Jonathan and his managers know about the kudos. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to make your solar experience even better!

Kind Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We got Horizon Solar and it was a smooth transaction. Everything went according to plan as they saw fit and there wasn't any trouble at all. The quote was very accurate. We stayed a little on the quote when the work was done and saved a little bit. Also, the rep was a great representation of Horizon. As soon as I call him and if I leave a message, he responds back right away.

We had a really enjoyable time considering getting the system installed. My wife had me on the phone at the time that the installation was happening and it went really well. They told us the preliminary of the things that they were gonna do and they seemed to have followed every step of it. They did a wonderful job. We have a dog in the house and it's good that we can run the AC at a moderate temperature to where she doesn't have to be hot in the house.

Hi Sedrick,

Thanks so much for the great review! It was very nice to read such thoughtful feedback.

Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2,000.00

Here’s how

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was invited to try the solar and I looked into it because my electric bill was high. One of Horizon's customer services called me and explained everything to me. They explained that I don't need to own it and because my bill is high, they could give me an option where they can give me a promotion. They set up an appointment to have a meeting with me and my husband. They were quick, professional, and friendly. The experience with Horizon was outstanding and it was everything that was promised. I mentioned to all my co-workers about the sunroof.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

California has one of the most expensive electricity and it got to the point where it was becoming so much of a cost. It was just unreal. I asked about different solar companies through our little community Facebook notification and everybody recommended Horizon. So, I looked into them more and they were the ones I chose to go with. I absolutely loved the girl that I dealt with initially. Kathy genuinely cared about what we wanted and she spent more than ample time answering my stupid questions a thousand times over. She did her follow-up and went over everything with me again and again.

The quote was pretty dead accurate. Kathy was right on. Also, she made the customizing of the system super easy. She went through everything, asked us what we needed and what our plans were gonna be in the future, and how everything was gonna work. She was fantastic with dealing with everything and understanding what our needs were and what our future needs were gonna be. She pretty well set it all up and she was there throughout the entire process. She even called me several times and emailed me to make sure that the guys that were coming out doing the work were doing their job right. Horizon's reps were friendly and easy to deal with. They're one of the only companies that I would deal with.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a pleasant 5-star review. We will be sure and let Kathy and her managers know about the kudos!

Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My electric bill was so high, so I decided to look into getting solar energy services. I happened to see Horizon Solar Power and they said that there'd be no hassle. The other companies didn't have that and I just got tired of the hassle to get things accomplished, so I tried Horizon and they're at it right on. Getting enrolled with them was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. I've called their rep, Rob, a few times just to ask him questions and he was wonderful. The lady who called me about appointments was wonderful too. Everything they've told me came right on schedule and if it hasn't, they called me plenty of times to let me know. Also, the four gentlemen who did the installation were very polite and clean. My experience with Horizon was excellent, overall. I’ve never had a quality service like this. They've done a pretty good job and I’ve told quite a few people about them.

Hi Alberta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this wonderful review. It is very important to us that we keep our process as "hassle-free" as possible for our customers. It always feels great when we get this kind of feedback from our customers. If there is anything else we can do to help improve your solar experience, please let us know!

Blake Hazelrigg
Senior Manager

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I was told that going solar could save you some money on the electric bill, so I checked it out to see if it'd work for me. At the time, I liked what Horizon Solar offering. It was a good deal and what they said made sense, so I went with them. But during my enrollment, some things were a little bit off. They told me that the bill would be $139, but there was an extra charge for taxes that they forgot to tell me which was gonna be $140 something depending on what bill I chose. That was the only surprise though and everything else went smoothly and on time.

Their reps were also very knowledgeable and for the installation, their guys came in, did what they had to do, and left. It was done pretty quickly and met my expectations. After that, I had to call for them to send me my free motor tank. They were supposed to send it and I thought I was supposed to receive it automatically in the mail, but I had to call and get them to send it to me. Other than that, everything was good and I'd recommend them.

Hi Clarence,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you chose use to be your solar provider.

Blake

Senior Manager

Horizon Solar Power expert review by Zachary Shahan

The company is a leading solar power provider that designs and installs residential and commercial solar systems in California. It offers flexible financing options and fast installation time.

• $0 cost installation: Instead of charging a high installation and materials fee, Horizon Solar Power takes care of these costs and only charges residents a reduced rate for their power. The process includes site inspection and assessment, agreement, utility interconnection, permitting, solar installation and power activation. Installation is completed in 45 days or less.

• Locked in rate: Where other utility companies offer between one and three year guaranteed rates, Horizon Solar Power offers a 20-year, locked-in power rate.

• Energy savings: By switching to solar power, residents can save up to 40 percent on their monthly energy costs.

• Referral bonus: Called Shine It Forward, the referral program pays you for every completed installation from referrals you submit. Not only will new customers see a reduction in their energy bills, but they can also earn additional credit simply by telling others about the service.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Horizon Solar Power Company Information