4.17/5
Based on 30 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As one of the leading solar designers and installers in California, Horizon Solar Power has been on a mission to provide California residents with smart, simple and clean energy solutions since 2008.

From day one, our customers see an average of 30% savings. We lock in rates for 20 years and there is a $0 cost for panels with free installation.

Contact us today to find out how much you could save with solar.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

30 Horizon Solar Power Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 3, 2018

Got a $250 Amazon gift card offer in the mail. No purchase necessary. When I called they said I had to sit in a solar energy consultation. Told them I already had solar. They said I was not eligible. SCAM! The mailer looks like it was directly from Amazon. Doesn't say anything about solar or sitting in on a consult. Are we so use to being deceived that this type of marketing is allowed?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 1, 2018

I called yesterday and I talked to Tommy from Horizon. I wanted to get the installer, the original guy over here to go through some stuff because we're just starting up. I remember they told me that I was going to get one free year of any electrical bill. But then Sunrun is emailing me and they're telling me I have a bill that's due in a couple of weeks. I'm really confused about this because that's not the agreement that we verbally had. Tommy's gonna send me the guy that I signed the contract with here. He said he emailed me. They are aggressive and sometimes I wonder if that gets in the way of satisfying the customer because he said, "Oh, I promise you, he'll be here, he'll call you in 20 minutes and I just emailed him." But I never got a call yesterday and I still haven't got a call today from their representative.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We have looked into going solar a bit before and then one time Horizon Solar was walking around the neighborhood and they came knocking on the door. Enrolling at Horizon Solar was easy and the installation went smoothly. We had one hiccup but other than that, it was fine and fast. In addition, the contractors did a good job. They told me what they were doing and when they would turn off the electricity. They communicated well and we didn't have any problems. I’m satisfied.

Horizon Solar Power response

Hi Jessica, First, I would like to thank you for choosing Horizon Solar Power/Sungevity to purchase your Solar System and let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review! Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000 with our Ambassador Program. Here’s how • Earn $500 for your first referral. • Earn $1,000 for your second referral. • Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter. * We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors. Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form. For Assistance Call: (866) 488-1922 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I went solar since the price is fair. When I enrolled I just put my course in the table. If Horizon Solar can make it, match it then we make a deal. If not, we don’t have a deal. So, it was my expectations. I spoke to the guy who works on the streets and he was good. Then the installer came over and did everything easy.

Hello Ivan,
First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review.
Here’s how
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My experience with Horizon Solar was good. Everybody was pleasant and trying to work out everything that was agreed upon. It works first come, first serve. Although I had an issue with the time that it took to get the service accepted finally. They let you skip to the process of the taxes. I would have made a different choice if I didn't know under the taxes that I think it's any credit.

Hi Harold,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review and congratulations on going solar!
Here’s how
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Horizon Solar Power?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I wanted to save money on our bill and Horizon Solar was the first solar energy service provider and the more frequent one that we saw being used. They seemed to get the most business around here so we decided to use them. We had a nice and easy experience during enrolment. And when we were getting everything and approved, our dealing with their customer service was not too bad. During installation, the installers showed up on time. They did everything they needed to do and cleaned up after themselves. We are paying less than what we were paying before and we are very satisfied with our decision. I'd recommend Horizon Solar.

Hi Jesse,
First, I would like to thank you for choosing Horizon Solar Power/Sungevity to purchase your Solar System and let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a great review! Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000. Here’s how
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter.

For Assistance Call: (844) 765-2780 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Horizon Solar approached us with their rep knocking on our door. At that time, we were already in the market so it made sense. It was good timing, we just had a quote from Tesla and then they approached us. Once the appointment was booked, they set it up with the consultation, and then that person gave us a quote, and it was the same quote that ended up being what we signed on the contract. And while the installation went well, they kept forgetting that they had to upgrade the electrical panel. It was included in the quote, but every time they were calling us, telling us what the next step was gonna be, they kept forgetting they had to do that. It happened three times and they said it has been taken cared of, and eventually, they got it done.

Other than that, everything was good. I told the gentleman who did the final inspection that the guys who did the electrical and the patchwork on the stucco did a good job. But they didn't clean up after themselves. While they cleaned up their stuff, they didn't clean up the mortar that they used. There was powder on the ground as well as rocks. I had to vacuum that up. Given my experience, I have already recommended Horizon Solar to two of my friends.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've had solar for years and I had Horizon Solar added to the solar that was on my house. I had a good experience enrolling with them and the process wasn't difficult. They came out and asked me to fill in a form and it couldn't have gone smoother. And the final price came close to the quote I had gotten. I've been completely happy with everything. Moreover, the installers who came were good. And my interactions with their customer service have been good as well.

Hi Wilmer,

First, I would like to thank you for choosing Horizon Solar Power/Sungevity to purchase your Solar System and let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a great review. Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000. Here’s how.
• Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter. *

Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/

For Question Call: (844) 765-2780 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com

Warm Regards,

Liz D.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was told that Horizon Solar Power has a production guarantee, but then for some reason, they switched their company that I was billing my loan through. Now I don't have production guarantee. And they haven't called me back yet. I was four weeks without panels working and now I'm paying double electric payments. Also, I don't really like their app. It did an update and now I don't know until the end of the day if used too much electric or not. But it's been a lot cheaper since I've had them. Overall, my experience was good.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I heard about Horizon Solar Power through a friend and when I found out that solar energy services would not cost me any money, I looked into it. When I enrolled with Horizon Solar, they were very professional and courteous. Brian, the rep I worked with, came over and went over the whole program from start to finish. My wife and I decided that we should go with them because the other providers didn't go over everything in detail like Horizon did. During installation, they were on the ball and they made sure that they did everything and it was an excellent experience. We’ve been with them for two weeks and the electricity works.

Horizon Solar Power response

Hi Walter, Congratulations on going solar! We would really like to let you know how much we appreciate you leaving us such a thoughtful review. Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000. Here’s how • Earn $500 for your first referral. • Earn $1,000 for your second referral. • Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter. * We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors. Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form. For Assistance Call: (866) 488-1922 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Horizon Solar came to the door and when they told me that solar energy services wouldn’t cost me anything, I decided to look into it. There were a couple of problems when I enrolled with them but they took care of it. The rep was there at the beginning but I didn’t hear from them after that. But then, if I left a message, I got called back right away. My next-door neighbor was getting installed on the day before I was supposed to get installed and the foreman said that if they knew, they could have done it on the same day. The next day was Wednesday and they weren't able to complete the work. So, it was delayed about four days but they did it from morning just until 2 in the afternoon. It’s been a month since then and I gave Horizon’s number to the next-door neighbor and she's having solar installed.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Enrolling for the Horizon Solar service was easy and the quote they initially gave was very accurate. Their sales rep at Sam’s Club was great and we had a good consultant who was able to answer our questions. Customer service was good and then installation went great. The installers were clean and they cleaned up their mess and walked us through what was gonna happen when they came. And right off the bat, we’re already seeing a reduction in our electrical bill and a credit.

Hi Richard,

We can't thank you enough for the strong feedback! It's important for us to leave your home in better shape than we found it and it sounds like that was the case. Isn't it a pretty cool feeling saving money on electric by just letting the sun take over? Give us a call if there is anything else we can do to improve your solar experience.

Senior Manager

Original review: May 12, 2018

We wanted to be more energy-conscious at the same time lower our electricity bill and we had thought about getting solar energy services for a while. We’d had many people try to give us solar for several years now but this time we were happy with the Horizon Solar consultants who came and talked to us. Andreas explained things very well and answered all our questions. He knew what he was talking about. We liked what he said and his presentation. So we got enrolled and it was a simple process. Then the installers were very professional and my husband was satisfied with them. We've had the service for a month now and we've been satisfied so far with the interactions we had with customer service reps. I would recommend Horizon Solar, and I have recommended them to a few people already.

Hi Marva,

Nothing makes us happier than hearing our customers are pleased with their solar experience to the point they are telling their friends and family about us! Thank you for choosing us as your solar provider.

Senior Manager

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have been considering getting solar energy services in the last couple of years but I just wasn’t at home. It was all about timing. I checked online and some companies didn’t offer leases and some wanted some upfront money. Horizon Solar's program seemed to fit the best for what I needed. They were pleasant, efficient, courteous, and informative. Plus, I thought they were exceptionally good during the installation.

Hi Judy,

We are happy to welcome you to the Horizon Family! We always work to ensure our customers are well-educated on the benefits their system will provide and we strive to leave their homes nicer than we find them. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Senior Manager

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have wanted solar energy services for a couple of years and compared to other providers, Horizon was reasonable and they also had a big national backing so I enrolled with them. It was very pleasant, helpful and informative and Bob, the rep, was customer-oriented. The installers were polite and professional. They concentrated on the job, told me what they were doing and were good about it. Paying for electricity and the other two-thirds of it was all taxes so I wanted to get off of that. This way, I'm just paying directly to them. It hasn't been running that long but I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable referring customers to them.

Horizon Solar Power response

Hi Samuel, Congratulations on going solar! We would really like to let you know how much we appreciate you leaving us such a great review as well as taking the time to give Bob and the install team such an awesome shout-out! Now that you have experienced the many benefits of going Solar with us let us reward you with up to $2000. Here’s how • Earn $500 for your first referral. • Earn $1,000 for your second referral. • Earn $2,000 for your third referral and every referral thereafter. * We make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, to share your love of Solar with family, friends, and neighbors. Login to the Ambassador portal. https://sungevity.getambassador.com/ Straight from your portal you can share your Link on social media or enter referrals manually by using the direct entry form. For Assistance Call: (866) 488-1922 or Email shineitforward@sungevity.com Warm Regards, Liz D.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Horizon Solar gave this $230 gift card just to talk to them, and I was thinking in the back of my mind that I'll sort it for a while. Our representative was very good, very knowledgeable, personable and very persuasive because we decided to go with them. The quote was very accurate. They put in free and we pay them. We buy electricity from them. we’ve interacted with the customer service team to come out and inspect. So far, I’m happy with Horizon Solar. I would recommend them.

Hi Alexander,

Thank you! We love to hear this kind of feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on being educational and understanding our client's needs.

Senior Manager

Original review: April 28, 2018

We’ve been thinking about solar for a while, but we didn’t know where to start, so we went to Sam’s Club and there was a Horizon Solar sales rep there. The enrolment process was very easy. One of the reps came to the house and got our information and they did everything themselves. They gave us a good offer and it was something that we were able to cope with. It rained on the date that they were coming in, so they installed it the next day and it was fast and easy. It’s new and I forget that we have it but I just received my first invoice and I would recommend Horizon Solar.

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear you are happy with your solar system. Thank you choosing us to help power your life with sunshine.

Senior Manager

Original review: April 27, 2018

Electrical power was getting too expensive and this year, with Spring, it’s going up, so I had to make a decision to try to cut back on some cost. Through a friend of mine, I found out about Horizon Solar Power and enrolling with them solved the issue. The guy who came out took care of me and it was pretty quick. My wife and I got into it in a couple of hours. The installation didn’t require much time with me but taking the prices was a little long. I understood that they had to get an engineering approval then come back and look at the roof a couple of times so that wasn’t bad. We haven’t got the hot season yet, but it’ll definitely save me some money. The website didn't wanna cooperate when I tried to set up a payment though. When I tried to pay, it won’t let me pay my deal this month so I have to set up a direct deposit. Still, I will recommend Horizon Solar to a friend.

Hi Mike,

You've made our day! Thanks for the great feedback. We truly aim to provide the best customer experience. We couldn't be happier to welcome you to the Horizon Solar family!

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: April 24, 2018

Our electricity bill is quite high so, we looked into getting solar. A Horizon Solar rep came to my house and gave me some good information. I made an appointment with the sales rep afterwards. The same sales rep came out and showed me a couple things. He gave me one of the best deals I’ve seen. Their customer service was pretty good and the installation was done within about a week. Everything was done on time. Going solar has lowered my bill. There's a good amount of difference between two bills.

Hi Adel,

Thank you for the awesome review of your experience! We are thrilled to hear that you are saving a lot of money and were able to get installed in such a fast time-frame. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your solar journey even better!

Senior Manager

Original review: April 20, 2018

We had thought about going solar but we never did anything about it. So when Horizon Solar came, we told them that we would look into it. Our neighbor in front of us hired another company that did the same thing. But it was a different contract, a different type of deal. There are so many deals now and I didn’t agree with my neighbor's too much, so I said we would look at another company. That’s when people from Horizon showed up. They were canvassing the neighborhood and they were very persistent. They didn’t push too much. But every month or so they drove by and asked us if we have thought about their service. So finally, after seven months, we told them that we would try it and enrolling was very easy.

The installation process was very simple. They came in one day and it took them six to eight hours to do the job. However, we had a little issue with the roof. The first person that came up and checked the cardboard underneath the tiles said that the cardboard looked good. He checked four different places and for some reason, he took the good part of the cardboard. And then, when they came in with all the panels to do the installation, they started removing the whole tiles and they said that it wasn't good. So, we had a little bump in there in the process. But they resolved it and said that it was their fault and that they should have checked the cardboard completely or more thoroughly and that they would cover the cost of that. Once that was done, the next week, they came over and did the installation.

Also, they said that the quote that they offered in the beginning is what we would have. I’m still waiting to see if there are any changes since we decided to go solar. The only bill we paid was for Edison and it was still the previous months. We haven’t had the one with the panels in and we haven’t been able to check the difference between what the panels are producing and what Edison is charging. Nevertheless, I’m very satisfied with the procedure and the constant checking out on us before we decided to go ahead with the project.

Hi Vicente,

Thank you for sharing. We're only happy when you are, so providing the best customer experience is always our aim. So delighted you're a part of our Horizon Solar family!

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was reluctant about going solar but Edison’s gonna be raising rates so I went on with it. I enrolled with Horizon and the process was effortless. And I didn’t pay anything. They just said, “Hey, we’re gonna put these panels here.” and then the installation went well. We don’t own the panels though. Somebody else owns them and they’re renting our roof. We haven’t been through a billing cycle yet but our experience with solar energy has been good so far. I’d recommend Horizon.

Hi Casey,

Thank you for telling others about your experience going solar. We always aim to making going solar as effortless as possible and you are now protected from any utility rate hike. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can assist you with.

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: April 17, 2018

I've been looking for solar panels for so long. I got panels from Horizon for free and I received them 20 days ago. With them, I see my bill for $10 so they were less than electric as well. Furthermore, their customer service has been great, starting from the people following up the installations and everything. They have been outstanding and I've been trying to recommend Horizon to friends.

Hi Antonio,

Thank you so much for the kudos! We pride ourselves on the experience we provide and we appreciate you telling your friends and family about us. Welcome to the Horizon Solar family.

925-241-1531 (direct line)

BHazelrigg@Sungevity.com

Original review: April 16, 2018

I was trying to save money and the enrollment process with Horizon was very good. They kept me informed. The installers were also very efficient. The final cost was right on and everything has been working fine.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My wife and I are currently tenants renting 1 of 3 units in Yorba Linda, CA. Our landlord contacted us to see if we would like to have solar panels installed on our unit which is a free-standing cottage style dwelling. She stated she was going to do it on her unit and the one connected to her by a common wall. We were interested as at only 525 sq. ft. We have been paying ridiculously high monthly electric bills from $100 to $160. Without any explanation or agency to investigate the high bills. So we invited both the landlord and the salesman to give us the details. He was convincing and re-assuring and looked at our previous year's bills and used his laptop and a phone call to an 'engineer' to determine what he called a difficult configuration but doable.

With the promise of electric bills at $69.00 and no more than possibly $100 during the peak summer months with a few cents 'possibly' going to So. Cal Edison for any overages, we eventually agreed and sent him a picture on our phone of the signed consent form needed to have Edison transfer the accounting of power usage to the new system once completed. While the salesman was in our unit, he kept looking at our ceiling thinking he could see daylight through the roof boards. (Our unit is somewhat old and was built without an attic or drop-ceiling.) What he was seeing was the reflection of metallic barrier paper between the boards and the roof. He seemed concerned but still eager to make the deal. He walked away saying they would work out the details of the particularly small roof space to install the panels but not to worry.

Within a couple of weeks they began and completed the work on the first 2 units which included our landlord's and other tenants' dwelling, both with attics and apparently good roofs. We anticipated they would be contacting us fairly soon to schedule the work on our unit. Without warning or contact by Horizon, we were notified only the day before that they would be there in the morning and we had to leave our home for a couple of days. We had no preparation or prior notification that we had to leave as that was not the case for the other units. A roofing company told us that the reason we had to leave was since there was no attic or drop-ceiling, all the particles, dust and debris that would fall into our living area was not safe to breathe in. Even the workers would be wearing masks. Apparently, to install the panels, our older roof needed to be replaced which was never discussed before.

We immediately tried to contact the salesman to both protest the lack of communication and also to inform him that there was no customer service or explanation regarding what happens to the contents of our home while all this is falling into our bedding, drapes, floors and furniture, etc.? Furthermore, although I personally have no desire to breathe in this dust, etc. when we would eventually return, my wife suffers from asthma and regularly uses a bedside air filtration unit. We also have our family dog to consider. I only got his voice-mail over and over and could only plead with him to return my call. Our landlord disappointed with Horizon's handling of this also tried to contact him to cancel the work.

When the crew showed up anyway the next morning, we had no choice but to adamantly turn them away. I tried again to reach our salesman but still only voicemails. I finally Googled the corporate office to get answers. An operations manager only returned my call when I said I was a 'potential' customer. When I explained the situation, I was put on hold and then told there was nothing they or I could do to stop it and that they were not obligated to address my concerns as they had a signed contract from the landlord and I was only a tenant. When I explained the landlord had also been trying to cancel they said they had no word of that and if we turned them away again, there would be a fee imposed on my landlord.

I told them we would have no choice with nowhere to go or no answers to our questions but to turn them away. A few days later, my landlord called me again to say Horizon was pressuring her because of the contract she signed. She kept telling them she didn't want the work done and was so disappointed in Horizon. Another morning came and there was a work crew parked by our driveway when my wife pulled up. Nervously, she stated they were not to do anything or she would contact the police. My wife explained the situation of our ceiling to the lead man to which he said he did not know the situation and would tell his supervisor when he got back.

He then said they supposedly were scheduled to have a meeting about the lack of communication. To date, my landlord is hoping Horizon will stop trying to intimidate her and force her to let them do something that never included replacing the roof. The next message our landlord received from Horizon was telling her to let us know that suddenly we don't have to leave after all during this work as they now will only be working over the garage. If this were true, why is it that initially there was not enough roof space including the garage? I understand this is a highly competitive industry but commission cannot come before people's rights and/or their health.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A friend had told us about Horizon Solar and with our $700 bill in the summertime, it made sense that we go solar. So we called Horizon. They came out and we went over the contract. Everything was great initially. The permitting and installation went well. It was excellent and I would definitely refer them. Afterwards, however, they were like, “Did you set up your automatic payment?” They were so much into doing and making sure all that stuff was taken care of and if I ask them about the referral check, that got blown away. But their rep had contacted me and said he’ll get it taken care of. I have three other friends that I’m trying to refer, but Horizon made false promises so there's now a little doubt. It's hard to refer somebody then give false promises.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Horizon told me that they could lower my bill, give me a sign on bonus, and that I wouldn't have to spend a penny out of pocket so I went solar. Enrolling was fantastic and everything was great from start to finish. Horizon did everything they said they were gonna do and they provided everything they said they would provide, which was very refreshing to me because you don’t get that in most business situations nowadays. So, I’m very happy and satisfied.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had been looking into solar and Horizon came by to do an evaluation for a solar system last August. They sent a little thing in the mail that said if I would listen to what they had to offer, they would send me an iPad. A few months ago, they came back and they were doing a program through Edison because the State of California’s trying to get more solar and Edison needed to do that. The guy that came out, Hugo, was really good at answering everything. He explained everything and went over the process. They made it really easy, so it was a no-brainer.

They had to put a new converter because the other one wasn’t working so they came out and switched that out. A gentleman came out yesterday because they forgot to get the serial number and he was really polite. He came to the door and said that was all they needed to do. They made it really easy. The installation experience was good, although it was a little loud. Everybody was very nice and very business-like. They cleaned up after themselves, which is always awesome. I got a call from Horizon saying that I was able to do the first year free, which is awesome. Then I received my first bill since it has been connected from Edison, which was $1.49 and that's good.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was referred to Horizon Solar by a friend. Our electrical bill was going nowhere but up and I thought it might be a good alternative to continue down the increased expenses over the course of time. I went with Sunrun, which is the seller and I contracted with Horizon. It took me about six to nine months to figure out what I wanted to do. It had some limitations on my house in terms of how many panels to put up. The enrolment process was super simple and I was very happy with it. There were some minimal forms that I needed to fill out and it was very fast and efficient.

There were a couple loose ends since the installation but nothing that was of any concern, just in terms of some things getting completed. It was a thing about coordinating with my schedule so it wasn’t any fault of Horizon. I paid for the panels a different way. The companies take out a lease. That's an arrangement so there’s no out of pocket expense. And I pay them on a monthly basis, but it’s a much lower fee than my normal electrical bill. My first bill was a partial month and my overall expense was about $100 less than it would have been in previous months. overall, Horizon was great. The crew was good. There was a couple of scheduling quirks, probably a miscommunication between Sunrun and Horizon, but they both did excellent work. I was really pleased with everything.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have lived a nightmare for the past two years because I wrongly selected Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. when I pursued solar for my PS home. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HORIZON SOLAR AND SUNRUN INC.! Horizon Solar illegally installed the system without my prior written consent as contractually required. SunRun Inc. has spent the last year using every maneuver possible to cover-up Horizon's contracting irregularities and delay any resolution to the matter, including dragging me through required standard process (the long kind) arbitration as we speak. They know I'm permanently disabled living on disability income and they are spending vast sums for an issue of less than $20,000 total value just to harass me until I go broke, go away or die (whatever comes first). I cannot afford a quality attorney to represent my claims.

Prime example of Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. viciousness: they have deployed Klinton **, Esquire (SunRun's Assistant General Counsel!) to face me, the permanently disabled non-attorney client in constant bone pain living solely on disability income, in the arbitration process. Not really much of a fair fight is it? Want to see copies of SunRun Assistant General Counsel Klinton **'s threatening email messages to me? Just ask and I will forward those directly to you. I invite all potential solar customers to contact Mr. ** personally and ask him if SunRun and Horizon Solar's processes and procedures truly abide by all contractual requirements, SunRun's Code of Business Conduct, applicable law and YOUR personal standards and expectations.

Ominously, SunRun Inc. is under Federal SEC investigation for allegedly misleading investors about high customer cancellation rates (it is reported that up to 40% of SunRun clients cancel the system entirely prior to install). Tellingly, SunRun Inc.'s NASDAQ stock symbol is 'RUN.' In my circle we refer to Horizon Solar as "Don Knotts and the Gang that can't contract straight!" and we refer to Mr. ** and SunRun Inc. as "The President of the United States" because they will admit to no wrongdoing ever for any reason even when presented directly with the evidence (just hit back harder!). Want to stay off Mr. **, Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc.'s vendetta hit list? Do yourself a favor and also sound the alarm to your family, friends and neighbors: When Horizon Solar and SunRun Inc. come knocking, RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!

Original review: March 1, 2017

There was significant delays in designing the system to not have panels on the front of my home. Several iterations of the designs included panels in plain view on the front of my home - which I had been clear about not wanting. Once plans were finalized, installation was scheduled. The installation team never arrived on the day agreed upon. I received a call the following day apologizing for the miscommunication internally and was assured that a team would be out in two days. Once again no one showed up.

I was called around noon to apologize again - this time apparently the team had issues the day prior and needed to finish that before starting on my installation. The installation was rescheduled yet again for the following Monday - which they did make. The team that arrived spoke with vulgarities and played loud offensive music on the roof. They also smoked on the roof and around the property. I was very disappointed in the overall purchase, but mostly in the installation and litter that was left for me to clean up. I will not be recommending this company to others.

Horizon Solar Power expert review by Zachary Shahan

As one of the leading providers of solar power installation in Southern California, Horizon Solar Power is dedicated to offering residential homes a renewable energy system at discount pricing. Their unique take on solar installation helps more homes reap the benefits of solar energy without the high cost of panels.

• $0 cost installation: Instead of charging a high installation and materials fee, Horizon Solar Power takes care of these costs and only charges residents a reduced rate for their power.

• Locked in rate: Where other utility companies offer between one and three year guaranteed rates, Horizon Solar Power offers a 20-year, locked-in power rate.

• Energy savings: By switching to solar power, residents can save up to 40 percent on their monthly energy costs.

• Fast installation: Horizon Solar Power has one of the fastest installation times in the area, so new customers can get a system designed, installed and running in record time.

• Referral bonus: Not only will new customers see a reduction in their energy bills, they can earn additional credit simply by telling others about the service.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords and small business owners.

Profile picture of Zachary Shahan
Zachary Shahan

Solar Energy Contributing Editor

Zachary Shahan is the director of CleanTechnica, and his key areas of focus are solar energy and electric vehicles. He has been referenced or interviewed by essentially every major media organization as a recognized global thought leader on solar energy.

Horizon Solar Power Company Information