3.62/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

TUMI

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 7, 2018

13 TUMI Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Horrible! I purchased an expensive bag for one of my family members' birthday, and talked with the customer service on the same day. They made me sure that I received the item max in 7 days which is today. I went to their shipping page and found out it has delay for 5 days!!! I called the customer service. They said, "This is UPS problem not us!!!" I also asked to talk to supervisor and they said she is not available and when I said I am going to write a review she said it is ok!!! Irresponsible people, never purchase anything from this site.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was 6 days over the return date and this was an Christmas Gift. I buy from TUMI every year and I wanted to still purchase another item for the person, they just wanted something else. I was told by TUMI they wanted me to be "happy" with my item but that there was nothing they could do. It was a holiday gift and obviously the person is not happy, so for 6 days it would be nice if I could at least make an exchange so this person can actually be happy, so I won't be buying gifts from them again next year as I used to every year! Apparently they don't care! A little customer service goes a long way but I guess they don't need my money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have a TUMI wallet and my wife bought me a TUMI computer bag for work! I love the bag and the quality! The shoulder strap pad however is bad and the soft black padding is dried out and comes off on my clothing! Most places when I call they send me a replacement no charge no issues! TUMI wants me to drive two and a half hours to drop off and fill it form for a SHOULDER STRAP! I get it, if it was the bag itself but a SHOULDER STRAP!!! If you want quality I still am a fan, but customer service is a no go! I hope this gets better as I was just in Vegas at the TUMI store and Chicago on the magnificent mile at the TUMI store looking for my wife a small bag or purse and now I may not just because of how emotional she gets when she has to call about something that may be wrong!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I purchased a Tumi T-Tech luggage under the impression that it would last for years considering the premium price. After a couple of years, the wheels begin to fail which then caused the bag to drag. Tumi advised not to worry and take the bag to the nearest Tumi store for repair. I was charged a $25 processing fee and a $400 deposit for a loaner bag. After a couple of weeks, I was told bag failure was not repairable and was offered a $295 credit to purchase another bag. I explained that $295 was only enough to purchase a wallet. It was a slap in the face! I would rather buy my luggage at Costco than feel like I'm negotiating at a flea market.

Original review: July 14, 2017

This luggage is much lighter and easier to wheel. Can wheel sideways, forwards and backwards and can be wheeled without tilting. It's also very easy to lock and unlock with built in locks and has durable construction, too. However, my other case had better storage compartments. I wish this had more compartments, better protection against scuffing with airline baggage handling, more color options, more inside pockets, secret inside pocket and ability to attach a small case on top.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TUMI?

Original review: July 13, 2017

I am very happy with the luggage offerings of TUMI because it is a upscale luxury brand that denotes quality and durability. I especially like their small leather goods such as Dopp kits. I also like their clean and masculine lines and I would repurchase again from this brand. The main difference between the luggage offerings of Tumi and other brands is quality and price, in which area Tumi is superior. Tumi also is a smaller and more niche luggage brand, which makes me feel unique for carrying it. Given a choice, I would prefer Tumi generally. One issue which I have with the luggage offerings of Tumi is that they can be slightly expensive compared to cheaper options. Sometimes with such expensive quality luggage, I worry about damage or theft while flying. For this reason, I stick with the smaller leather goods from this brand.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like the quality of the material and the handles of my TUMI luggage. I'd like that I could recognize it easily off a baggage carousel. The appearance is really nice. The black color truly stays black and doesn't scratch as fast. Plus the storage is decent and it has great features. I wouldn't say it's better than a lot of other brands but overall the quality of the luggage is significantly nicer. But it is very expensive. I would prefer to receive this brand as a gift because of buying it for myself I could barely afford it. I guess it does last a long time but I could only buy this brand rarely but when I do the product last. So I wish the price was more affordable.

Original review: July 10, 2017

My Tumi luggage that I purchased has an extending strap and pop out wheels that I love. It can even double as like a type of stroller which is way convenient when I am traveling with my three year old daughter. When thinking about my Tumi luggage, I can not think of one single thing that I would say that I dislike in any way. My Tumi luggage differs from other brands by its space and many different compartments. It is also quite fashionable and I have been known to color coordinate with my Tumi luggage when I do travel from time to time.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I find the Tumi brand stylish, durable and of good weight. It's a very attractive bag that I'm proud to carry. I wish I had more of them. The Tumi bag is the most attractive bag, it holds a lot and is easy to pack. Also, it doesn't close on me while I am packing like my other previously regular travel bag.

Original review: July 8, 2017

The TUMI luggage came with password locks, extra storage space, and many other awesome features. It's a cool purchase and it fits with my need. The luggage have much more storage space inside, slightly more compartments for categorization, and a stronger password lock. It is truly a great luggage. The best I have ever used. I love it!

Original review: July 3, 2017

It’s so disappointing to have luggage breakdown on you but it's worse when it's done by someone else. I’ve had luggage destroyed while flying cross country a really nice set. The largest piece was broken on a flight from San Diego to Baltimore. But, TUMI's hardcover stands up to airport baggage handlers, weather, tight squeezes in shuttle storage and looks good. Handles like a dream with 4 rotating wheels. The Tumi bags are so greatly made that once you've had them awhile you forget they were expensive but you remember how awesome the air when getting thru the airport quick. If the price tag reduced by about 30-50% I'd buy the whole set. I love the excellent quality.

Original review: July 2, 2017

This bag is very soft leather and has a shoulder strap which is convenient and I like the smaller size for quick business trips. It can also be used as a large brief case when I need to carry major presentations. Sometimes it is too soft for me to pack as I wish. Some of my trips demand that I have a larger bag and a hardsided bag. I also prefer a bag with wheels for trips where I am staying longer and have more clothing to carry with me. My other luggage is hardsided or more rigid with wheels.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I like that Tumi offered luggage that looks very professional and goes well with my outfits when I am traveling for business. It has a classic, sophisticated and elegant quality. Everything about this suitcase is clean and modern. I liked the quality of the materials and the technology used such as the wheels. But now that I have come to rely on them for my luggage needs, I would like a line of weekend bags that are more fun colors and/or patterns. Tumi luggage does cost more than other luggage but makes up for it based on quality. I have had my luggage for quite some time and traveled to many different cities and the luggage still looks new, wheels well, the seams aren't coming apart and nothing has broken.

TUMI expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

TUMI is a luggage brand owned by Samsonite. It was founded in 1975 and introduced its iconic black nylon travel bags in the 1980s. Today it offers a wide range of luxury products in leather, canvas and proprietary composite materials.

• Luggage options: TUMI offers carry-on and checked luggage as well as duffels, satchels, garment bags and backpacks.

• Alpha 2 collection: This softside collection is made of coated canvas for durability. Choose from backpacks, checked and carry-on spinners, messenger bags and satchels ranging from about $250 to $1,300.

• 19 Degree Aluminum line: This luggage collection features hardside spinners for short trips, extended trips and carry-ons in 22, 26 and 30 inches. These feature telescoping handles and four dual-spinning recessed wheels and are available in silver, rose gold and matte black.

• Sinclair: This collection is designed for women and features spinner carry-ons and checked back with smaller handles and backpack widths along with matching purses, clutches and wallets.

• Retail stores: TUMI has more than 60 locations in over 30 countries. It has flagship stores in Moscow, Dubai, Cape Town, Osaka, Milan, Beverly Hills and New York City. It also has boutiques and retail locations in stores like Harrods, Elephant Trunk, Dillard’s and Macy’s.

• Best for: frequent travelers who want luxury luggage.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

TUMI Company Information

www.tumi.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use