2.66/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

TUMI

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

47 TUMI Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have carried Tumi luggage in various pieces for over 20 years through most domestic and international airports subjecting these pieces to varying degrees of handling and I still have them all. They had withstood the test of time and travel. My favorite is a carry-on 22 inch with various pockets, expandable, and a top opening which is immeasurably handy, as is the side pocket which holds my hair curler, always a difficult item to pack due to its length. I even have a red set with matching make-up case from the 90's! Can't part with it so it holds out of season items for the next adventure. All in all Tumi luggage has served me

well and I feel confident and proud when carrying any of the pieces as they indicate to the World that I value quality and style.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

The TUMI luggage set I bought was made of leather and cloth materials. Its beauty matches the price tag. It is expensive looking. The quality was well made. It was almost the first generation of multi directional spinning wheels. Best of all it has lifetime warranty. It even has a serial number inside each luggage which you can register with TUMI, as a tracker in case the luggage got lost and being reported to TUMI.

Get expert buying tips about Luggage delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Like the facts that they are lightweight and have wheels that move in 2 different modes. Easy to spot on the conveyor belts at the airport is another plus. At my age with thin skin I need a bag that is stable and not fall on my legs.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have the Tumi Vapor series from 2012 & 2013 and my pieces have held up beautifully with multiple airline trips per year. No dents or dings; most scuffs can be simply wiped away. The pieces are lightweight and the multidirectional wheels roll smoothly without exerting much effort. They still look like new, expect to have them for many many years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I bought my briefcase over 30 years ago. Some time back one of the zips broke, and recently I had a problem with the strap. After returning it to Tumi, and speaking with the service Dept regarding the age of the briefcase, it was all fixed and quickly returned to me in excellent condition. Such service is very rare in this day and age. Well done Tumi, and thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TUMI?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

If you fill both sides of this luggage the top side cannot be leaned against the wall etc. Will not fit any luggage rack when flat. Must be put flat open on floor. Nowhere on the site does it say this. I have 9 pieces of TUMI luggage that I love but I will never buy another. I did not use it within the 30 day limit so cannot return it. Also it has a stick-on with my initials on it that also voids the return. Of course they offered that free so they wouldn't have to accept a return. Purchased online Tumi.com.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I returned a very expensive large luggage because the outside corner came off which was repaired. But the inside strap came with screw returned. And corner was repaired but the inside strap was not the screw. Was just put back in the hole and wasn’t secure. How does something come jury-rigged and returned. Too bad, have always bought TUMI products but disappointed and probably Won’t buy another.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Do NOT buy Tumi luggage, their warranty is poor. I had a very high end carry on size roller bag of theirs that was less than a year out of warranty. The nylon fabric started to split on both sides of the bag (which is disappointing since I used it maybe 8 times/year for short trips). They claimed that they could not repair the bag but would give me a $125 towards the purchase of a new bag, which is $625, BFD. I told them to keep the damaged bag and their offer. I will never buy a Tumi bag again given their poor warranty service. Do yourself a favor and go with Briggs and Riley, unconditional lifetime guarantee!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have purchased seven Tumi bags and have always been happy but never had a failure, until now. My briefcase front outside pocket zipper broke (un-zipped). I took it to my local Tumi store and they sent it for service. They contacted me saying it was NOT REPAIRABLE. They offered to scrap and give me a coupons towards another ($50 I think) or ship it back. I got it back and took it to a local shoe shop. They replace the zipper for $29 and it looks like new. Is this what “world class service” looks like? NO!!!! Never will I buy another Tumi.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We bought our luggage at Nordstrom in 3-2014, believing we were getting a quality brand. After two years one end of the handle came off in 11-15-16; we sent it back for repairs. The same repair failed again 7-31-19. One end of the handle came off at our departure airport, losing both our scannable luggage tag plus our red leather personal information tag on the same handle. We lost this luggage for 6 days, retrieving it because I had my wife's initials on her TSA luggage lock.

Airline baggage said they tried to use our TUMI serial number to locate the owner, but were unable to obtain our identity, even though we had registered 3 pieces of luggage at the TUMI website. I would not recommend purchase of this luggage. I did also did not find customer service to be responsive to the airline or to us as an ultimate source of lost luggage identification. We are, of course, beyond the 30 day warranty. We feel that we paid an exorbitant price for a poorly constructed piece of luggage for which TUMI has offered no full or partial compensation.

TUMI expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

TUMI is a luggage brand owned by Samsonite. It was founded in 1975 and introduced its iconic black nylon travel bags in the 1980s. Today it offers a wide range of luxury products in leather, canvas and proprietary composite materials.

• Luggage options: TUMI offers carry-on and checked luggage as well as duffels, satchels, garment bags and backpacks.

• Alpha 2 collection: This softside collection is made of coated canvas for durability. Choose from backpacks, checked and carry-on spinners, messenger bags and satchels ranging from about $250 to $1,300.

• 19 Degree Aluminum line: This luggage collection features hardside spinners for short trips, extended trips and carry-ons in 22, 26 and 30 inches. These feature telescoping handles and four dual-spinning recessed wheels and are available in silver, rose gold and matte black.

• Sinclair: This collection is designed for women and features spinner carry-ons and checked back with smaller handles and backpack widths along with matching purses, clutches and wallets.

• Retail stores: TUMI has more than 60 locations in over 30 countries. It has flagship stores in Moscow, Dubai, Cape Town, Osaka, Milan, Beverly Hills and New York City. It also has boutiques and retail locations in stores like Harrods, Elephant Trunk, Dillard’s and Macy’s.

• Best for: frequent travelers who want luxury luggage.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

TUMI Company Information