3.18/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Travelpro

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

40 Travelpro Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

We have 3 Travelpro luggage carriers. The oldest is 20 years old. The newest is 9 years old. All parts are available. I have replaced the wheels on two of them. They were readily available and came with nuts and bolts. These luggage carriers have seen tens of thousands of travel miles and still going strong. The twenty year old one is just now starting to see some serious wear around corners and protruding parts but still has many miles left on it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

We're into our 3rd year with our maximum flying size Travelpro. It has held up well. I personally wish they provided a a zip in feature for the flat carrier instead of the overfold system because some things slide out. It does not include a toiletries bag, which we found is OK, as we prefer to supply one meeting our personal needs rather than relying on the manufacturer not to cut corners to keep the price reasonable.

Get expert buying tips about Luggage delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I did a lot of research before I bought the Travelpro Maxlite 5 carry on roller bag. I wanted a really light bag in order to put it in the overhead bin - check. I wanted a bag that had room for a laptop & iPad and cords and they were protected - check. I wanted a bag that had a front compartment for additional cords, pens, pencils and business needs - check. I wanted a bag that had room for an outfit, cosmetics and medications - check. I wanted a bag that had a strong telescope handle with a good length, strong bag material, good zippers, sturdy easy rolling wheels - check. Finally I wanted a bag with a good warranty - check. I found most everything I wanted with this bag. The front pocket could have been bigger, but that is my only complaint. Great buy. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

My Travelpro has been wonderful. It’s versatile, sturdy, and has seen a lot of miles. We got our daughters each one when they graduated from high school so they have something to pack they stuff when visiting back at home or going to see their friends all over now that they’re all in college.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I bought the largest in this series. It had ample room and a zippered separator with pockets for toiletries etc... This made it much easier to close, being that it is a large suitcase, each side got a little heavy. The lock was easy to figure out and it rolled like a charm, both on smooth surfaces and street surfaces. I wish the shell were a little harder. It was more flexible than I thought it would be, but all in all, I would recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelpro?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My first Travelpro luggage endured 12 years of heavy travel, over 1 million air miles averaging 50 nights a year on the road. I purchased the replacement (Platinum® Elite 22) directly from the Travelpro website. Travelpro is more expensive than most alternatives but I was very satisfied with my first and expected the replacement to perform in a manner consistent with the first bag. Within weeks of using the new bag the front pocket zip broke.

I contacted the Travelpro customer help # looking for options but got nothing but a truly customer hostile response. Their best and only response suggested I take the bag to a authorized repair shop 35 miles away. Btw... the repair shop is an independent shoe repair store located at 6116 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, PA so I'm sure they would be highly motivated to fix the bag while a waited. It's stunning and arrogant in 2019 to suggest it was up to the customer to get their defective product to a repair place to determine if it should be replaced. I'm still escalating the matter with Travelpro but would not recommend buying a Travelpro through them again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

My Travelpro is awesome. It is lightweight and glides as if it is on air. Love the ease of handling and I especially love the longer handle. You are able to maintain good posture and pull the luggage with no problem. Just seems sturdier than my other pieces of luggage!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I had my first Travelpro for over 10 years. It had to be repaired twice due to wheel issues and I was about to repair it again, but the cat peed on it so I replaced it with another Travelpro and am satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Travelpro is well made, light, easy to maneuver. I am an older traveler so this is important to me. Airlines damaged suitcase, Travelpro fixed and shipped repair with no cost to me. I have purchased many suitcase brands over time and travels and Travelpro stands out as the best.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I am very pleased with this set because it is very durable and versatile. The two (2) smaller pieces can both be used for carry on. All have handles that extend and roller wheels. There are storage pockets inside that are for liquids.

Travelpro expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Travelpro® is a luggage brand that was founded in 1987 when a pilot for Northwest Airlines invented The Original Rollaboard® wheeled suitcase. Since then, Travelpro has been a popular choice for flight crews and others who travel frequently.

• Luggage choices: Travelpro offers both soft- and hardside luggage including carry-ons, uprights, garment bags, duffels, rolling totes, briefcases and backpacks.

• Luggage innovations: In addition to inventing the wheeled suitcase, Travelpro developed the MagnaTrac™ spinner wheel system to keep spinner wheels from drifting or pulling. The company also patented the Contour handle grip and PowerScope Extension Handle to make it easier to pull and push.

• Award-winning: Travelpro luggage was voted World’s Best Luggage by readers of Premier Traveler Magazine in both 2014 and 2015.

• Warranties: Travelpro luggage is covered under various product warranties including limited lifetime warranties against defects in materials or workmanship.

• Retailers: Travelpro is available from many authorized retailers including Macy’s and Dillard’s as well as many luggage specialty shops throughout the United States.

• Best for: flight crews and frequent fliers.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Travelpro Company Information