4.29/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Travelpro

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 21, 2017

14 Travelpro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

Travelpro looks great and I really like the design and concept of the luggage. It's great to see the materials they used for the product, which are very good quality materials. I'm a big fan and it is my favorite luggage brand. Top of the class.

Original review: July 15, 2017

This luggage that I have now is more upscale, with more looks and spacious room to put my things. I absolutely love Travelpro compared to the previous luggage that I owned. I like its different compartments, colors, the inside material that it's made of, the branded logo on front of the luggage, and much, much more. I also love the style difference and the eye-catching look. My experience was a great one and everything is just the way that I like it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 14, 2017

It's good for short weekend trips. The design in my bag is super cute and I consistently get complimented on it. However, it doesn't hold a lot of things in general. The size is good but I can only use it for short overnights. Also, there aren't any individual or outside compartments which is extremely inconvenient for me. I like my Nike duffel bag way more than it. It is simple and black with a swoosh on it but it has outside zipper compartments and an inside compartment. The size of my Nike bag is also way better for the price.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Travelpro luggage has an awesome hard shell on the exterior that keeps my items safe and uncrushed no matter how rough they are handled. I really enjoy the easy to clean fabric on the interior as well. But I am not a huge fan of the Travelpro wheels. Sometimes they stick or have issues where they get caught up on small items like a rock or a piece of trash. The price of Travelpro luggage is much higher than my usual brand but it is also much higher quality so it does go to show that you get what you pay for.

Original review: July 12, 2017

They have great pieces that have different storage options. TravelPro is a really great luggage company to use if you travel a lot. The difference between them and different other brands is their luggage is always sturdy and high-quality. I've been using their luggage for years and it always last me a long time. You don't have to worry about it breaking or falling apart.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelpro?

Original review: July 11, 2017

The zippers run smoothly after several years of use. These bags are trouble free. As a business traveler that flies every week, this is a priority for me. The strength of the fabric and quality of the moving parts were second to none. I love the platinum color and the fact that it is light weight. My Travelpro luggage is wonderful and we recently purchased a second set because it is so well made. I would love a lifetime guarantee though that replaces any bag purchased that becomes damaged. Also when I purchased the first set there weren't any small accessories like a travel wallet or passport holder available. But compared to my Tumi pieces, the Travelpro has been much more hardy. The extendable handle used to pull the bags are much sturdier on the Travelpro. The platinum color hides dust much better than black Tumi. I love my Travelpro!

Original review: July 10, 2017

The Travelpro is a bit more expensive than my previous luggage but it is of higher quality and therefore a better value. It is light, durable and very roomy. You can carry more clothes which are held in place well with strong inner straps. Its polyester fabric is also stain free, waterproof and more durable and this makes it last longer. I also like the four wheels spinner system as it glides smoothly. Its top, side and bottom handles are great. They are stronger and can be used at specific times. However, if you use the side handles to pick up the luggage, the weight of the bag causes a deformity in the side panel. Though the handle seems to be securely fastened to the bag, it might cause tear later. It might be too large if you travel with it in some public transportation and this might be very inconvenient.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I love this brand because of the simple fact that its products for luggage are spacious and there are extra pockets inside the big luggage compartment to put my unmentionables and other types of necessities. It's not too bulky looking on the outside and it's extremely durable and material are fancy looking like high class luggage. The pricing is high but great product overall.

Original review: July 8, 2017

It has good space, good storage for clothes, shoes, the price is affordable and quality. It's durable and it has good textures and beautiful roller. It's lucrative, unique, and very beautiful. It stands out and the color is amazing. However I will like an improvement in the spaces for laptop, tablet, cellphone charger, accessories for my electronics. Also automatic lock.

Original review: July 5, 2017

One I had was poor quality and fell apart quickly. I wouldn't recommend it and this brand unless I just got a bad one or something. But definitely needed better spacing inside little more pockets inside. I wasn't happy with the spacing inside at all. This is the only brand that I have purchased and wasn't happy with any of it but the color. It is the only thing I liked about it. But I would have rather had a good quality one on a color I didn't like than to have one with a color I liked and no good quality at all.

Original review: July 4, 2017

The luggage I recently got has a nice neutral color and seems well made. A lot better than my older luggage. I can organize my things without them becoming messy in the luggage. It is also light unlike my last luggage set. My older luggage was pricey and didn't last as long as the one I have now. My other luggage started falling apart after only a couple of months of usage. I would possibly like luggage to be a little bigger and for the zippers to be slightly bigger and maybe add a strap for smaller luggage and a separate compartment to keep some of my snacks cool.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I like that Travelpro is easy to carry and lightweight but still able to protect the luggage. I like the black color and came in either cool options. I wish there some cool patterns though like marble or others that I have seen on other brands. It would be cute and nice for me to have. I would make it more stylish looking and perhaps a cheaper price point because this was a little more expensive than other brands. Also, there is roughly the same amount of storage from this brand than other brands. Overall equal to other brands. Not too good but at the same time not too great. But overall, I like this brand better than others that I have tried.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I picked the luggage because of the color: it was bright neon green and green is my favorite color. The color on the luggage is also so unique that it would be difficult to get lost. I am satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I like this luggage a lot. It can fit all of my clothes, books, toiletries, and other supplies. It's also very easy to pack, and easy to carry around. I like having that. It's more compact, it works well, and it keeps everything safe and dry. My other luggage was more unwieldy and did not quite work as well. However I don't quite like the color, and the design. It's not an extremely pretty luggage. Then again, it's not supposed to be pretty. I wish it also had a specific place to put my cellphone.

Travelpro expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Travelpro® is a luggage brand that was founded in 1987 when a pilot for Northwest Airlines invented The Original Rollaboard® wheeled suitcase. Since then, Travelpro has been a popular choice for flight crews and others who travel frequently.

• Luggage choices: Travelpro offers both soft- and hardside luggage including carry-ons, uprights, garment bags, duffels, rolling totes, briefcases and backpacks.
    • Luggage innovations: In addition to inventing the wheeled suitcase, Travelpro developed the MagnaTrac™ spinner wheel system to keep spinner wheels from drifting or pulling. The company also patented the Contour handle grip and PowerScope Extension Handle to make it easier to pull and push.
    • Award-winning: Travelpro luggage was voted World’s Best Luggage by readers of Premier Traveler Magazine in both 2014 and 2015.
    • Warranties: Travelpro luggage is covered under various product warranties including limited lifetime warranties against defects in materials or workmanship.
    • Retailers: Travelpro is available from many authorized retailers including Macy’s and Dillard’s as well as many luggage specialty shops throughout the United States.
    • Best for: flight crews and frequent fliers.
    Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
    Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Travelpro Company Information