4.50/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Samsonite

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 21, 2017

12 Samsonite Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 21, 2017

I got my set way back in 1978 as a gift and I have been using it ever since. The cases show some age, but they are still in great shape and I have not had any reason to think about replacing it. I could not ask for a better set. My travel bag only has a outside pocket though and I would like to have more inside pockets for bottles and whatnots. But the zippers still work.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I like Samsonite because it has lots of extra compartment. I love the color because it goes well with other Samsonite luggage that I own. I like that it has a handle that pulls up. It also has wheels so I dont have to carry it through the airport. I like the handle but I do wish it was a lot longer, so I didnt have to bend over a little. I wish it had better closers on it and had more variety of designs and colors. I wish that it had a lock so I could feel more safe about my items inside. I also wish it had a carrying handle as well, in case I don't want to pull it. And I wish it was not so heavy. This piece had a much better price and it has more pockets and storage space than the others. It’s better because it’s a better quality piece and it's water proof and stain resistant.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 15, 2017

Light weight, durable, modern looking, luxurious, durable, sexy looking. These are just some of the words I would use to describe my luggage. Also it’s made of top of the line components. It is pretty much a flawless product that I really can't think of anything that I would approve upon. Great job Samsonite. Overall the brand is far superior to most other luggage. In my opinion, it's compact, stowable and the price is just right for luggage with such awesome quality.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The Samsonite luggage was for a European trip and was a carry-on size with rotating wheels. It has a retractable adjustable handle which makes it easy to move through crowded airports. Although Samsonite usually means good construction, I found the wheels needed to be more substantial, larger in size and not so prone to cracking from travel abuse. The luggage was bought on a promotion but I feel that having bought more expensive luggage in the past, which was ruined by the airlines, the price point on this brand fits my needs.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Purchased the traditional brand because of my prior experience with it. The last set I had was purchased in 1985 and has been around the world. I liked the robustness, the sunken open/close latches because these airport baggage handlers average about an IQ of 50. When it was time to replace, I stuck with my brand. More comfortable handles on all the pieces. The new sheets on the large units seem robust enough but I have not had the piece very long. Only time will tell. The new material Cosmolite seems OK but it feels cheap. Also prices are way too high.

There is not much difference in luggage according but I am not an expert. I looked at many brands online and in the stores and none really stood out in the price range I wanted. I fly first class, but my luggage is treated the same as some loser who pays one-tenth for their ticket. The way these union rat handle your luggage makes it a disposable product unfortunately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsonite?

Original review: July 11, 2017

The luggage is stylish and durable. This brand ages well and doesn't need replaced like other sets. The inside has many pockets and straps to keep things neat. Other suitcases I have had have been broken during the handling at airports, I even had one that ripped. Samsonite has never given me a problem. But I would like bright colors to help bags be easier to spot. Most of the cases are dark in color. Other than that I can't imagine anything going.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Has wheels so it's easy to move. It's made many trips easier for me, and I am glad I have it! It has a lot more room in the main compartment and is sturdier than anything I have owned before. It's been all over the place and it some pretty rough conditions, and it has held up so well. It also is streamlined and fits well on airplanes or buses. It would be nice to have a place to store thing like pens, pencils, etc. I would also add more organizational compartments. It only has one or two other compartments, which makes organization difficult.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I prefer Samsonite over other luggage manufacturers because it has always been a durable product. There is a wide choice of sizes and types of pieces that you can purchase. It holds up very well in air travel which is what I usually do. I like the color and the price. I have bought less expensive luggage in the past and it does not travel as well. Samsonite seems to be much more durable than other brands I have used. For the price they are not the most expensive but not the cheapest out there either. It could come in a bigger variety of pattern and color choices.

Original review: July 8, 2017

This suitcase satisfies my needs well. It has good spinner wheels so it is easy to move. The suitcase correct size to fit my needs when I go on longer trips and need to pack both clothing and equipment. It is light weight so I can handle it myself and I can fill it with purchases and still bring it home without extra fees. It is lighter than many, which is a primary issue. The luggage has a distinct color that stands out at the luggage carousel and it is easy to find. However, other companies have made luggage of a similar color as well. Assuming it lasts for years, I am happy with the features and color.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have had other brands of luggage before and the quality was not the same as my Samsonite luggage. The compartments were not large enough to hold the essential items I take with on a trip. The pull out handle broke within 6 months of owning it, the wheels had a mind of their own. I like the material used in making the Samsonite luggage, strong and waterproof to protect my belongings. A sturdy pull out handle and wheels that move with ease. I also love the compartments to separate small items. But I would like to see zippers added to the compartments to keep my items in place better and an adjustable pull out handle so that people of different heights can pull the luggage with ease. I'd recommend to family and friends.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Samsonite tends to be on the more expensive side; however, the durability, style, and prestige are well worth the price paid for these. It is a long established brand that is very powerful. It has an assortment of luggage for any situation. I like their metals collection - very chic and contemporary! Durable and outstanding, all of my items packed in are protected from the abuse of baggage handlers and bumps over the Atlantic and Pacific! However I wish there were lighter models for easier traveling and smart models to keep track of my luggage. Also, I would much prefer there was some to track my luggage's whereabouts wherever I am.

Original review: June 29, 2017

We ended up getting duffel bag-type luggage and liked that the luggage was soft, sturdy, compact and light. I prefer to travel with carry-ons only, and this made that possible. We've had it for several years now, and it has lasted longer than our old luggage, which had started to look beaten up after a few years. The price was better too, so we were comfortable buying several pieces. The model I purchased was only available in lime green and gray. I would have preferred to just buy a simple black set because I like muted colors.

Samsonite expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Samsonite is an American luggage manufacturer and retailer headquartered in Luxembourg. Founded in 1910, it offers luggage, backpacks, duffels, furniture and accessories.

• Products: Samsonite offers many types of luggage including hard- and softside, spinner luggage, glider cases, carry-on and checked luggage, sets, bags, totes, duffels and garment bags.
    • Innovative details: Samsonite luggage features details like corner guards to protect the sides of your suitcase, three-dial combination locks, glider wheels, adjustable handles and more.
    • Quality tested: All Samsonite products are quality tested. Technicians fully pack the luggage before testing it in an environment that mimics traveling conditions to determine that it meets the company’s standards for durability and strength.
    • Limited warranty: Samsonite warranties its products against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship. They will replace or fix any products during the warranty period, which ranges from three years to a lifetime depending on the product.
    • Retailers: Samsonite luggage is sold at many authorized retailers such as JC Penney, Sears, Kohls, Macy’s and Belk. It’s also available at Samsonite stores and the company’s website.
    • Best for: travelers who need a variety of luggage sizes.
    Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
    Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Samsonite Company Information