3.78/5
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

18 Target Photo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered a series of mugs on 11/25/18 and never received them. I commenced to calling Target Photo and emailed but never received a response. So I called Target directly and the rep said she'd send an email notification to Target Photo and they would contact me. Apparently Target Photo is operated by EZ Prints; therefore there's nothing Target could do about it.

So, I emailed them again today and I finally received a response. They said, my order was canceled because the promotion I used was for one mug. Well, I'm very upset because here it is 12/14/18 and they couldn't even send me a courtesy email that my order was canceled. Also, if the promotion was for one mug, why did my order process and why did I receive a confirmation? Target needs to get out of the photo business and sever ties with EZ Prints because that's not how you conduct business. EZ Prints is ruining Target's reputation. Now, I will make it my business to tell everyone I know to never use Target Photo because of their shady practices.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

For twelve days I have called Target Photo Customer Service number 800-279-1154 and left dozens of voicemails. The phone never rings no matter what time of day. A auto msg comes right on and the only option it gives you is leave a msg. I have sent multiple emails to targetphoto@certifiedcustomercare.com and no one responds. I have chatted for over an hour with 2 people (Kathy & Karma) and they have no knowledge of Target Photo. I have called the Target Corporate office 612-304-6073 and pressed numbers just to get a person, and no one knows anything about Target Photo. Once woman asked me how to spell it. I have an email with an order # and a tracking number that is useless because UPS states no package was given to them. My order number cannot be found anywhere. I am so beyond frustrated I have no words. I have never in my life encountered such lack of sense or ignorance within a company. It is really surreal.

Get expert buying tips about Online Photo Printing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 26, 2018

The online format was easy to use, and fairly self explanatory. It was simple enough to navigate through the website... But I was disjointed with the time it took to download and process the photos as I was expecting a much shorter turn around time. Target Photo could also make the online format more touch pad friendly, with larger buttons spaced further apart. As well as some color modifications so it is easier to read.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I like the ability to upload photos from smart phone and be able to order prints directly to delivery within an hour. They also give me a discount for REDcard usage. But they should reduce the prices to be more competitive in market, but given that, their service is still very appealing to me. It is better than Walgreen's photo.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Great customer service and reasonable pricing, always able to respond with any inquiries and problems in timely fashion. Also offers discounts the more you use the service. But wish there was located closer to my home or work place, have to travel out of my way for Target Photo. Wait times could also be a little long from time to time. But they have helpful and discreet customer service that helps with the process. Also has the highest quality prints and reliable people to aid you. It's a very welcoming environment. I highly recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Target Photo?

Original review: April 23, 2018

It was quick and efficient, and the people working there were very polite and nice. The quality is alright for being a grocery-store style printing shop. It was good for the price, but I would definitely recommend trying to find some local shops before coming here. It was a little lower quality than some of our local shops. Also, Target is a little farther away, so the travel wasn't the best. However, I still feel the price can't be beat.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Convenient and familiar brand that I identify with. I enjoy being able to shop Target when I can. It is largely similar to the competition but I like how I can use my REDcard debit card to receive five percent off. It was very easy to use and navigate in store and online - my photos turned out perfectly. I was very happy with the final product when I received the photos. But they should add more promotions or discounts to stay competitive with other companies offering the same service.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I like the multiple sizes, large canvas, quality of prints. But I don't like the location and takes a while to print, but can shop. Go through your photos at home before you get to the store and keep them in a folder on a thumb drive.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The app that I used was easy and the time it took from sending the pictures from the app to actually holding them in my hand was minimal. I also thought it was neat that apparently via wifi the machine recognized my phone when I arrived. I loved that I could send it to Target to print because more than likely I'll be there shopping at some point soon anyway. It was fairly quick, simple, and not too expensive. However, I would like more photo size options. I chose not to edit the pictures because that process did seem a bit confusing. Also I felt like some of them turned out slightly blurry/distorted when I hadn't thought they looked that way on the device that took the photos. But overall it was a good experience. And I've gone back and used the service numerous times.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Target Photo is very convenient. I can pay through kiosk and no need to deal with anyone. Can be done all on your own. I would use this service each and every day if needed all day long without any doubt. It is very good experience.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Easy to navigate online process and they do pictures really good. I can upload pictures and do other things too. I have a camera that takes pictures that I print at this place that is good to print them at. But they could improve the time to print. Other than that, it was a very good experience. I got everything I needed in the timeline I needed them.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Target Photo makes your printed photos high quality, vibrant, and helps you to create unforgettable memories that you will always treasure. Great customer service for any questions or problems that may arise. However, Target could improve the cost of printing photos or offer rewards or discounts for their loyal customers who are valued. They should also have more printing and payment options. I have had a wonderful experience using Target Photo printing services. They are fast and efficient. They always offer high quality prints and they make me feel like a valued customer.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I loved Target Photo and use it frequently. They have delivery or pick up option. You can find it on their website quickly. I've found it to be great. But their website can be better because overall it's not appealing. It's not user friendly and platform needs work and I expected more package deals and more understanding. Other than that, Target Photo has quick and easy service, very cheap. No waiting in long lines when you can go online from the comfort of your home. You can't beat that and they have lovely and great quality photos at great prices.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I liked that it was easy and I had no trouble ordering them online to be picked up at the store at my convenience. I also liked that I could use the one hour service to pick up prints if I need them quickly. But I wish I could have chosen a different finish (matte vs. shiny) when I printed as I tend to be very particular about my pictures and how they're printed. I didn't like that I had a few issues with choosing a finish that I wanted in the time frame I needed to get the pictures in. I think Target is a really convenient photo service if you have a Target near you. It also has a good price point and I would definitely use this service again if I needed prints quickly.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I enjoyed that I was able to upload the photos from my home PC and pick them up when I was ready. Target Photo offered many different print sizes and coupon codes. However, on more than one occasion I went to pick up my photos after being told that they were ready and they couldn't find my order. I'm not sure what triggers the email prompt that the photos are ready. Both times they were still in the hopper. Online uploading is the best option but wait some time before you try and pick up even if it is in the window. I also like that if I desired I can create custom photo gifts from my pictures.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Target is close to me in proximity to my home so it only takes about 5 minutes to get there versus using another service like Costco where it will take me 40 mins round trip. I like the fact you can download your pictures on-line through their service and then pick up your photos when ready. I also like the fact that you can request special services such as having your photos put in an album with special labeling as well as asking to have your photos put in frames. But having the website provide alerts to you via text or email when your pictures are ready for pickup would be very favorable.

Also, I would suggest that Target ask the customer for their preference in how to be contacted for updates and status of their order. I also would like to see Target set their prices to be more competitive than the other online and in store competitors. But overall, using Target photo service is a good way to get your pictures printed and they even provide other options such as albums and framing. Target is a great neighborhood store and it is very convenient to use their photo service.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I love that I can get my pictures put on anything from a mug to a card. I also love that I get invitations made or a passport photo. There's nothing they can't do and I'm convinced about that. But I dislike that I can't bring my own mug for them to put a photo on and I don't want to pay $15 for a plain mug. If I already have the mug I don't see the problem. But my photos or whatever I'm getting is always done in a timely manner and I like that you can get photos done on metal as well. The prices can't be beat and I have had nothing but great experiences. Target Photo is amazing and highly recommended.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I really liked that it was easy to use and I liked how I could do it in store or online and good quality. The pictures were really good for the price and the ink was good quality. I would include even more customizations like borders and graphics and sizes and number of prints. But my overall experience was positive. The process was easy and the price was reasonable and I was happy with the final result.

Target Photo expert review by Jonathan Trout

Target’s online photo center lets you print digital photos in multiple sizes and styles, create custom projects and design creative photo gifts. Target also offers additional services like passport photos, 35 millimeter film processing and photo CDs.

• Digital prints and panos: Choose from multiple sizes, styles and surfaces to print your digital photo. Upload photos from your Facebook, Instagram or other social media accounts. Print high-quality panoramic photos on a metal surface with a glossy, matte, lustre, pearl or deep matte finish. Panoramics start at six inches high and go up to two and a half feet high. They can be as long as 13 feet. Panoramics of this size are great for office spaces or big rooms with a lot of empty wall space.

• Wall decor: You can decorate your blank wall space using your own photographs by choosing multiple styles of wall decor products from Target’s photo center. Choose multiple sizes to create a variety of looks with framed and gallery-wrapped canvas prints and mounted acrylic prints.

• Photo books: Target offers nine styles of photo books ranging in size from 4x6 to 12x12. All hardcover photo books include 20-60 pages, have sewn binding and can come in suede with a window cover or a full-photo cover. Target also offers three softcover photo book options with up to 30 pages. Those can be picked up in a store.

• Miscellaneous options: From calendars, cards and stationery to over 15 different gift options, Target has a variety of other ways to use your photos to customize products. Many gifts come with a 20 percent off code to be used upon checkout.

• Additional services: Target will take and print passport photos, develop 35 millimeter film and let you upload up to 100 photos on a photo CD. You can upload photos from an SD card, USB device or any of your social media accounts.

• Best for: consumers wanting an in-store pickup option after creating and ordering photo projects online.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout