East Coast TVs

eastcoasttvs.com

East Coast TVs was founded in 2008 on the principle of providing unbeatable prices and excellent, personal customer service. Such a combination that is unfortunately, hard to come across today. Since then, we have continued to practice our philosophy every day. Our greatest feat is having served thousands of extremely pleased customers.

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had white glove service for delivery of a big Weber Summit BBQ. We had to prove it was white glove by showing the receipt. The white glove service was basically placing the BBQ where we wanted it but not actually setting it up. Plus, we had to chase them to take the carton and packing material. The cover was not included with the shipment so we called ECTV and they sent one out. There was an upcharge for insurance but all in all, we got a good deal from them and have no complaints. The BBQ, according to my husband who is the one who uses it almost daily, is excellent.

First off, it took me 3 weeks (22 days) to receive my LG OLED65B. It cost way < what it cost at Best Buy. They do use White Glove, which is annoying because the product couldn't be tracked for 2 of the 3 weeks. When it finally came, they did unbox it, plug it in and ensure it worked. And, it did work. I have a remarkable 2016 edition OLED television. The shipping process is annoying, but East Coast TVs is legit. I felt morally obligated to write a review since everyone was bashing them, on here. They CAN improve their communication, but the bottom line is: they deliver!

I ordered an LG OLEDB6P 55" on Jan. 8th and chose their free shipping option. They called me and told me it would take 21 to 28 days to get to me in California. I emailed after 21 days to track the delivery and got a one sentence response that the trucking service would call me the day before. I called at 28 days, and was told by the agent that it was 28 BUSINESS DAYS, so I'd have to wait up to 1.5 more weeks. OK. I called again now fully 2 MONTHS after placing my order and was told that Dispatch would call me to give me an update. It's been 2 days and I haven't heard from anyone. I am canceling my order and buying from Cliff Deals for a slightly higher price, but delivery within 7-14 days, also with free shipping. East Coast TVs, at least for this order, was a complete scam.

I was shopping for a TV. Spent time researching at rtings.com. Chose a specific model. Eastcoasttvs.com had the price $850 lower, than at Amazon. Too good to be true? It is. After completing the purchase, I received 4! emails asking me to call them to verify the order. I called them the next business day. The operator, named Arlene, was not very friendly - probably having to deal with frustrated customers whole day. She transferred me to someone else, who put me on hold right away, then told me "We are out of stock for this particular model". I answered right back: "Then cancel my order, please." He replied: "Ok, good". I will see if the charge goes through and how long it will take to reverse.

What I don't like about their selling method: Why sell what you don't have? Why ask me to call to confirm, if you know you don't have it? Just cancel the order and apologize to customer. They are willing to bait me, waste my time over and over, just in the hopes of redirecting me to a different product, that they can make profit on.

The same usual tricks. Placed an order for OLED TV online that advertised "no gimmicks". Said in stock, ships in 24 to 48 hours. Called them up to verify that this is the case and what day I should be receiving it. They told me that delivery should take place in 28 business days. Explained the TVs are on a boat in the ocean. Asked why that their website said it was in stock and ships within 24 to 48 hours. They said they are in stock. They ship from the boat! Asked which OLED TV was in stock and the guy tried to upgrade me to a full price model at the same price in Best Buy. These guys essentially keep you waiting months and months for a TV until they actually go down to that price and then ship you a discontinued model. Avoid these guys at all costs. I was told my card will be charged and I would just have to wait for the TV to be delivered! These guys need to be stopped.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about East Coast TVs?

Same as others, ordered great deal on TV, states no gimmicks. Didn't want to pay extra for free shipping offered, was willing to wait the 3-4 weeks as promised. Then after 5 wks was told the Korean made TV was coming from Europe and suddenly it was "28 business days". I think it was Kellyanne Conway taking the call. If enough people keep complaining along with few OK reviews, why not go to a site that has a little higher price with consistently good reviews. Not worth the aggravation.

The web site showed 2 Weber grills in stock, ordered on Dec 9 received the grill on Jan 18th. Lots of effort to get a real tracking number that showed the grill was on the move. Received the grill and went to register it with Weber, noticed the tag with serial number on the grill was missing and the 3 labels on the box with serial numbers were missing. In contacting East Coast TVs they let me know that the labels were removed because they are not an authorized dealer and any warranty issues will need to go through them. I don't know what is going on but it seems wrong, hence the one star. For the discounted price difference I would have gladly paid more for the peace of mind.

I find it funny the stories that other people are reporting. I had my stepdad order from East Coast TVs and they pulled the same con artist stunt that many others are reporting. My stepdad recieved an email or missed phone call stating that they needed to confirm the order. This was two days after placing the order. He called them to confirm it and the salesperson told him that the TV was an earlier model that had an 8 bit processor and he can be upgrade it to the 10 bit for $129 more. Unfortunately he did it. I did the research to see if there truly was a difference with the model. There was not! Needless to say, I will be contacting them in the morning to cancel the order. All you had to be was honest and you would have had our money. Now you get none of it. STAY AWAY!!

I never write reviews but I thought this may help someone else from making my mistake. I ordered a Sony 75" TV on Black Friday. It was advertised as a great deal (a few hundred less than Amazon). A month later and after at least 6 calls and being lied to I was told the TV was being shipped from Japan. I was lied to each time I called in and told the TV was in stock and on its way. TOTAL SCAM. BUYER BEWARE! Had to cancel my CC and delayed my remodel project a month. Huge pain and not worth it.

Do Not Order From East Coast TVs. I ordered the LG OLED65B6P on Dec 21, 2016 for the amount of $2069. East Coast TVs even gave me another $10.00 discount, calling it Pre-Black Friday and brought the total due down to $2059.00. I received a call from George on Dec 22 (which I believe is a fake name). George said it will take about 28 days to receive my TV because it's coming from Asia, more specific, Malaysia. Then he tried to convince me to get a TV from Mexico because it would have a better screen quality, which I know is a load of malarkey. So I canceled my order. If you do decide to order from this company, I highly recommend you use a credit card and not use a check, debit card or money order. I would attach a copy of the invoice but I don't feel like redacting all my personal information.

So anyway, I explained to George that the EastCoastTVs.com site does not say anything about the TV coming from another country and that I thought the TV was coming from New Jersey, since that is where the company is located. That's when he explained they get the TVs from overseas. That's when I expressed the fact that East Coast TVs don't even see the items that customers order and have no idea of the conditions of items. Luckily, I saw other reviews from customers on ConsumerAffairs.com. I didn't see any pending transactions on my credit card account. But if I do, I'll be contacting my credit card company immediately to ensure no transactions are processed.

It appears that I am not the first customer to be strung along with an online order as East Coast TV takes money, yet delivers no product nor tracking confirmation. The guy on the phone is loud and rude in your ear bamboozling you into believing he is giving you the "best" option and how it's his "last offer," how he only has "two left," and how you "need" the warranty to "just get it." Then, they string you along with "awaiting tracking number" as they place "blame" on the "shipping truck" for needing to "scan the order into the local hub" and THEN you will get your tracking number, meanwhile 8 days have passed and still no information about where your order is and when you can expect delivery.

They will avoid your questions about when and where with repeat statements "as soon as the truck scans the item, you will get your tracking number." Why would they say it "shipped" without a tracking confirmation number? That is not good business. I emailed cancellation, ordered immediate refund, and ordered them NOT to call me because I will no longer fall victim to their scam artistry. I reported them to the BBB, my bank, and canceled my account so that no further withdrawals could be made.

I ordered 2 OLED TVs on Black Friday. They waited until after all of the Cyber Monday deals expired and then emailed me to call them. When I called they said I purchased 8 bit Asian manufactured TVs and I should upgrade to the 10 bit Mexico manufactured models. I argued that there was nothing on their site which described this difference and that the 2 "different" TVs had the exact same model number. They said it was in my best interest to pay an extra $500 more for the 10 bit model and that I should send them a check instead of using my credit card to receive an additional discount.

I hung up and called LG directly to confirm. LG said they DO NOT produce 8 bit TVs and ALL of their models are manufactured in Asia and assembled in Mexico. LG suggested I cancel the order and purchase from an LG authorized dealer. I called East Coast TVs back and informed them of what LG said and they said nothing but "we'll cancel your order" and hung up. Total scam! I trusted their positive google reviews, as someone else on this board has stated, they must be tampering with those reviews.

I found the TV that I wanted on their website. A LG OLED65C6P TV for $2069. It seemed like a good deal, since everyone else was selling it for $2799, so I submitted the order and received the confirmation email. An hour later, I received another email saying that I needed to call to confirm my order. When I called, and waited on hold for 20 minutes, I finally talked to a representative who recommended that I get the 'White Glove service' for $139. When I told him I wasn't interested, he became very rude with me but said he would submit the order.

The next morning, I log in to check the order to see that it was still in a 'pending' status. I checked my credit card to discover it had not been charged, and I also noticed that they had lowered the price to $2029. At this point, I decided to call in to see if I could get my order price reduced to what was currently listed since they hadn't charged my card yet. After waiting only 12 minutes on the phone this time, I finally talked to a representative who said that he would meet the advertised price, but then he said, "You realize you ordered the TV with the 8-bit screen right? You really want the one with the 10-bit screen that's made in Mexico." He informed me that this 'better' TV was $2799 (imagine that), but that they had it on sale for $2399, and he directed me to the ad on his website for this TV.

When I informed him that I just wanted to get the TV that I ordered, he too became rude with me, telling me that I had taken up his time for him to show me the 'better' TV and I didn't even want it. He said that he would correct the price to $2029 and basically hung up the phone on me. It was at this point that I really became suspicious. I watched my order and my credit card all day, and there was no change with either. I also began doing some research and discovered the other reviews on this site from people who had gone through the same thing. Not wanting to wait for anything more to happen, I decided to call back and just cancel the order.

I waited on hold for more than 45 MINUTES!!! Before someone finally answered the phone. After a brief but fairly heated discussion, he finally agreed to cancel my order. I went back and looked at the ad afterwards, and they've raised the price on this TV to $2169. At this point, I feel lucky that my credit card has not been charged, but you can bet that I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and will dispute any charges that happen to show up.

No reputable business operates this way. Any decent business will sell their products at the advertised price and ship in a reasonable time. I feel that I was lucky to have gotten out of the transaction relatively unscathed, and I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Oh, and by the way, the same people runs joesav.com as well.

Before ordering my television from East Coast TVs I came to a site very similar to this one (may have been this one) and read the reviews. Many bad, but enough good that I thought the low price made it worth the risk. I placed my order for an LG 55E6P set. The next day I got the call that all of the negative reviewers complain about. You can get the TV set much quicker if you pay for upgraded shipping, otherwise you have to wait approximately 28 business days. I told him I wasn't in any hurry, and he didn't press the issue. 28 days later I called back because the order status still reported "awaiting tracking number". The rep said it is business days, so about another week and a half. No worries. 10 days later, still the same status. Call again - rep says maybe another week, still hasn't cleared customs. Call a week later, same status - hasn't cleared customs.

At this point I was pretty fed up and canceled the order. But here's the twist to this bait and switch operation. I believe there was never any television once I hung up with the original guy that requested the shipping upgrade. They just let you wait and wait until you cancel the order, which they fully expect you to do. It's dishonest and disappointing - if they want to bait and switch, that's fine - own it. But don't let people just wait believing this could actually happen for 6 weeks or more. It's just not necessary.

Now, this next part I can't prove, but I feel I have to mention it anyway. Shortly after placing my order, my credit card was used fraudulently all around NYC. Several visits to some barbecue place, lots of EZ Pass charges, car insurance payments - you name it. Again, I can't prove it was East Coast TVs, because I used that same card at a gas station in NJ right around that same time, but it was one of the two and given East Coast TVs deviant business practices, I wouldn't put it past them. They certainly didn't do anything to earn my trust. So, to sum it up - it seems East Coast TVs makes money in two ways - anyone that pays a regular price for a tv gets a tv, and anyone that refuses the upgrade to a regular price - well, let's have a party with their card info! Want to stress once more - can't prove the second part.

They lied to me several times. Told me the model TV I ordered was being recalled, but that only the Asian made model was being recalled. There was a model that was Mexican made that was still good, and I just need to spend $1,000 more with them to get it. It is a classic bait and switch scam shop. They show really low prices hoping to entice you, and the try to upsell you on the same product you already ordered. It took over 3 weeks to get to the point where they saw I wasn't going to pay more than what I said I would at checkout on their website; and once they realized that, they cancelled my order. I also believe they are artificially inflating their google review score. If you look at other ratings for them, they are never as high as what google purports. They need to be reported to some kind of consumer board for their shady practices.

They listed a TV at rock bottom price then tried to upsell me on the -originally free- "white glove shipping." When I refused to pay for "enhanced shipping" the order remained in limbo for two weeks and then was they emailed me saying my order was canceled when the TV mysteriously went "out of stock." From the number of one star reviews, it would appear I am not the only one experiencing this scam. Save your time and money.

I ordered a projector from them back in Sept 2016. After multi emails, phone calls, and multi answers with no one calling me back or emailing me. 30 days later still getting the runaround and they asked they found a replacement but I needed to pay more! Really do what you say you will do refund or send the projector! If I would you I would think twice about ordering from them!

This is not a legitimate business. Ordered a projector based off the price and looked like a great deal. Here's the scam... free shipping is not free (it's negotiated after you place the order). Once they see how much they can get for insurance from FedEx they tell you it will ship in a day or two. After checking back with them a week later they said they can get it out quicker if I pay more for shipping. They were not willing to cancel the order so I was forced to put in a dispute with American Express. Reminded me of Don't Mess with the Zohan (Sony guts inside). After looking at all of the other complaints on here, it's the same story! Stick with a local retailer! What a hassle.

I recently purchased a TV online and received confirmation of my order. The next day I received a phone call from an employee named George who said he needed to confirm my order. He then told me was it OK for me to wait 3 to 4 weeks for my TV to arrive because that's how long it was going to take because it had to come from Asia unless I wanted to upgrade to the better Mexico made panel. The website list this tv as U.S. Model in stock to ship within 2 days. And model number confirms this tv is not made in Asia.

When I told George this was bait and switch and what he was telling me was lies, he tried to tell me it was not and there was two different models of this tv being sold and although advertised as U.S. it was not and had a faulty panel that would produce a lower video output than the better Mexico made and he claimed two different models of the TV was being made one earlier and one newer. He said I wanted the newer then. I told him to cancel my order I was not interested in bait and switch. He said OK and I hung up.

Within 10 minutes I received a call from East Coast TVs from the manager Tony who asked about my canceling of the order. I tell Tony George lied and I was not interested in a bait and switch and I asked to cancel. Toni tried to tell me George must have explained it wrong to me and he would make it right. He then tried to tell me there are two different models one made in Asia and one in Mexico to which I interrupted him and said that would make it two different model numbers if they were not identical in operation and parts it cannot be sold as the same tv and LG would not conduct business that way. He continued trying to upsell me telling me there was a difference and I would be dissatisfied if I didn't spend more money to get the one made in Mexico.

I told Tony if they were not going to honor the advertise price I was not interested in purchasing false upgrades that don't exist. Tony told me he would honor the advertise price and he would even send the upgraded TV with no extra cost and told me he hoped I would enjoy the TV and to have a good day. My order was canceled from their computer system and is no longer visible in my account as being completed. I sent a support ticket from their home page explaining the situation and asked the information to be reentered so shipping and such information could be tracked. This ticket was closed however I receive no follow up phone call or other correspondence and the order was not reentered.

When I tried to call him from the phone number he had originally contacted me on I recognized his voice when he answered as we previously had a fairly long conversation and was Tony was not in. A reverse search of the phone number also indicated the owner of the phone and that it is a cell phone. Untrustworthy and breaking the law under New Jersey consumer protection laws. A report will also be completed with them.

This is my dilemma the Order date: 09/05/2016. Order number: **. Items ordered: Price: Status: 1 of LG B6P Series 65" Class UHD Smart OLED TV - OLED65B6P [Choose: No thanks!] $2,399.00 Awaiting tracking number. They will not answer any e-mails or Customer Support Tickets. They called day of order, said I needed to upgrade to faster shipping at additional cost, then said it will ship at end of month maybe, also tried to get me to buy extended warranty, which I declined. They always say in support tickets to call back with no name/contact info. Do you think that a company would keep doing this if they were on the up and up. Checked BBB and they have a F grade. My fault that I did not check them out first. I also but a hold on my CC to them until it ships (that is the biggest laugh of all).

9/5/16: Ordered - said in stock, ships within 1-2 business days from New Jersey to New York. 9/10/16: Emailed customer service to ask why order hadn't shipped yet (order status = holding; awaiting tracking number). 9/12/16: Customer service replies, "Once this gets scanned into the local hub you will be receiving your tracking information". I ask how long that takes - they reply, "It usually takes 3-4 business days to get scanned into the local. You should be getting that either tomorrow or Wednesday." 9/14/16: Emailed customer service to cancel the order and issue an immediate refund if the order hasn't shipped yet.

9/15/16: Customer service replies, "Your order has shipped and it is in transit you will be receiving tracking information later today." I tell them if no tracking # by 7 PM EST, I expect a full refund immediately or I will be submitting a BBB complaint and dispute with my credit card company. Someone (David?) from the company calls me that night and promises the order was shipped, but they can't contact the hub for the tracking number until the next morning, so please wait until morning to hear from them. 9/16/16: Nothing from customer service. No emails. No calls. Submit complaint to BBB and dispute to credit card company, as promised.

9/19/16: Company calls and tells me my order shipped, but they sent it to the wrong address, and it was returned to them. They can ship it out again today and I will receive it tomorrow or the following day. I tell them I already submit a complaint to the BBB and a dispute with my credit card company. He says, "I wish you had told me sooner." I snorted and told him I emailed customer service constantly up to this point, and even spoke to someone there. He says, "Oh, OK, so I guess you want me to cancel this order then?" Yeah...

I usually give a company the benefit of the doubt, but this experience has been the worse that I have ever dealt with in my life. On August 1, 2016 I ordered the Onkyo 7.1 Channel Network Home Theater System - HT-S9700THX based on the sale price and free delivery. I was contacted and told that I needed to pay shipping of 29.95. I wasn't too concerned and was told they had 2 left in stock and it would be shipped within the next day or two. I also already had an installer all lined up for my theatre room build-out that had been scheduled for a couple weeks. So this would surely be arrived in time.

Guess what, after back and forth for the past 11 days, I finally got my tracking number and it only shipped yesterday and will not arrive until the 16th. NICE. I had to go buy a system locally today in order for my installer to complete the build out of my theatre room. They did agree to refund my shipping cost. I will check my CC the next few days and see what happens. I would think that after several bad reviews on delivery and customer service they would correct the issues. It would be better if they would just tell the facts upfront so a customer knows what to expect. The truth is always the best unless you're Hillary Clinton (Had to throw that in there). I've been in the logistics field for over 31 years and this was a terrible experience.

Ordered an Onkyo TX-NR757 receiver on 6/26/16 but have not received it yet. Checked the order status and it still say "hold/waiting for tracking number". Contacted seller twice and received the same response that they have contacted their distributor to forward me mine tracking information. Took my money for over 2 weeks and have not fulfilled my order. Very disappointed in this seller!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Received tracking number on July 5th, and Item arrived on July 8th. The prices are excellent, customer service a bit lacking and shipping is quick once shipped.

William of Naples, FL on

Original Review

IN STOCK - Ships in 1-2 days - WHAT A JOKE!!! So the website order status says I ordered an Onkyo Receiver TX-NR757 on June 20th 2016. It is now July 5th 2016 and I still do not have a tracking number from the company. I have emailed them once and called them on the phone 3 times, and I get the same story each time. I have been told that they would have to contact their distributor to find out and then was told that the dist. misshipped the item and it was returned, and that they would be creating a new shipping label and then they would forward a tracking number to me in a couple of days. Well the first time I got this story was on June 25 in answer to my email asking for a tracking number.

I waited till the 29th of June 11:16am and called in person. Once again I got the exact same ** & bull story and stated If I would give them 1-2 days I would have a tracking number. Once again I waited and then I called again on July 1st at 2:02pm. The same woman answered the phone and went through the same story from start to finish again. Upon my complaint of the amount of calls and time it has been she put me on hold once again to "Check My Order" status and came back and said all the same story over again except switched from distributor to saying the Audio Dept would be handling this and I would have a Tracking Number shortly. Once again I said "Thank you" and that I WOULD BE WAITING for the Tracking Number.

Today is July 5th - NO Tracking Number, no receiver, nothing but empty promises. I have talked to the C.C. company and they tell me that the seller has 15 days from date of purchase to get you the product that you bought or they are in VIOLATION of their agreement with the Credit Card Processing Company (At least this particular CC company) BOA. Extremely unhappy, dissatisfied and frustrated with the lack of service, lack of delivery and poor customer service & support.

Worst online shopping experience I've never had. Promised to ship within 1-2 days, delivery within 7-10 days. It's now Day-16. I've emailed twice and called 7 times. Keep telling me the same lies "it'll ship today or tomorrow the latest". Manager refused to process refund. Had to get dispute it with my credit card company.

TV new Sony TV is not working within a month. When I called them they said call on Monday. When I ask about the warranty information, they are asking me which language I am talking and he just hang up the line.

I ordered a 65" HDTV online (with a promotional wall mount included) on 3/16/2016, later that day I get a call for me to call them back. I returned the call the next day and spoke with a guy that says he is the manager. He tried to add extra shipping charges, insurance protection, and express shipping totaling over $450.00 to which I flatly refused and threaten to cancel. After that heated conversation I received the TV after three week, in good condition. Delivery guys brought it inside, unpacked it and plugged it in. Everything worked great without the promotional wall mount I'm still waiting on. THIS SUCKS!!!

East Coast TVs is a huge scammer if you request a refund. Purchased a receiver in which I did not like the sound. So I contacted East Coast for a refund via their website. I received a response the next day to call them. I called and spoke to David **, who 1st asked when the receiver had been delivered. I told him I was requesting a refund within the 5-business day window which is indicated on your website. He then states, "Well that's not the way it works." Said he would have to speak to his Supervisor and call me back. Never received a call, so I called him back. Stated his Supervisor was in a meeting and he would call me back. Never happened.

I called back again the next day, same situation, told he would call me back but never did. I will be calling them back again to request a refund. So for the consumers who plan on making a purchase from East Coast, expect a extended delivery time, and if you have to return an item they will not refund your money. Even though their website indicates they will provide a refund. Buyer beware. I will never make a purchase from them again and will warn all others that I know about this terrible business.

I ordered an Epson Projector ($1759.10) and called within 5 minutes to confirm they had it in stock and no was the answer. They told me that they would have to add $35.90 to the order for using a credit card. I told them that I could buy it somewhere else and didn't want to pay the extra money. They tried to switch me to another model and I said "No just cancel the order." He basically hung up on me. Immediately after that (within 20 minutes of ordering) I sent an email confirmation to cancel the order. No answer the next mid-day so I emailed again... Later the same day they emailed back and said that I would have to call to cancel. That it can't be done via email. I tried calling twice and waited 5-6 minutes and then each time call disconnected. So I again sent them an email back advising them that I have cancelled order both by voice and by email.

Soooo, today I wake up to a charge to my credit card from East Coast TVs for the unagreed upon amount of $1795.00. Very Disappointing for Sure!! These guys are very shady and seem to be very dishonest. I would never do business again with East Coast TVs and recommend that no one come close to these guys as from the looks of it many others have similar type complaints!

We ordered a Sony television and almost immediately received a phone call from Kenny who supposedly is the manager, who told us that for $400 more he would give us a TV set that costs $900 more because it has a 10-bit panel instead of an 8-bit panel or something like that. So I called Sony, they had no idea what he was talking about. Kenny told me the TV was shipped on February 8th. On February 19th I still had not received the TV and called them to cancel the order. They told me that I could not cancel the order and I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money refunded. Stay away from these scammers.

East Coast TVs Company Profile