3.37/5
Based on 306 reviews that contain star ratings

eastcoasttvs.com

East Coast TVs was founded in 2008 on the principle of providing unbeatable prices and excellent, personal customer service. Such a combination that is unfortunately, hard to come across today. Since then, we have continued to practice our philosophy every day. Our greatest feat is having served thousands of extremely pleased customers.

345 East Coast TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Where to begin... Ordered an LG 65" OLED TV on 11/24/17, the website said in stock, ships in 2 days. After a week I naively ask for an ETA through a customer service link... Never got an answer. Finally called, George told me it was a mistake on the site and the item was ordered from overseas, ETA 2-3 months!!! After 2 months I call again, Sean answers, tells me: "why did you order the 8 bit, I can give you the 10 bit for slightly more". Confirms they have it in stock and will be delivered within 10 days, that was January 19th 2018.

I took the bait and ok'ed the order. At this point, my card was charged. 10 day after, of course, nothing, I call again (2h on hold mind you...), George gives me the number of "One Way Shipping" which is a bogus company that sits at ECTV offices, bogus tracking number only via phone. Tried calling them again, this time no answer from ECTV or the "shipping company". At this point I had enough and called to cancel the order, after another 2h on hold. I get a representative that rudely says: "I cant cancel since the item is in transit." Asked to talk to the manager: "She leaves at 4"... Never tried to call again. Called my CC company and filed a claim, got my money back. Do yourself a favor and don't call these scammers. It is a mystery to me how they are still in business.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Ordered an LGOLED65C7P from East Coast TV on Sunday January 28/18, called them on Tuesday January 30/18 to check why order was still pending, at this time they told me that they were experiencing problems with their system and needed me to verbally confirm credit card information which I reluctantly did. The next question was “why did you chose the 8 bit panel instead of the much better 10 bit panel, I can sell you the ten bit for 2299" (instead of the 1934 that I had already committed to). I told him I would investigate this and get back to them. I quickly discovered that all LGOLED TVs with HDR and Dolby Vision are 10 bit. I then called them back and talked to the same person who abruptly said the he would need to verify it and would get back to me and hung up which of course didn’t happen.

The next day I called again asking for an update and this time the person I was speaking with the previous day briefly muttered “we will be with you in a moment” after I had already been on hold for a while so he obviously knew it was me again. Shortly after another person got on the phone and told me that the TV I ordered was an 8 bit panel and had to be ordered directly from Taiwan and that it was going to take at least 35 days to get it here. He also gave me the same line about 8 vs 10 bit and referred me to a Google search for “TV panel lottery” which he claims clearly describes what he is talking about. I again got into another debate about their misinformation and finally after telling him that the HDR REQUIRED AT LEAST 10 bit panel to process the number of color variations produced he said let me check that. He got back a short time later and said the TV that I had ordered does not have HDR.

The advertised product that I purchased definitely clearly stated that it has HDR in addition to a host of many other options. I then asked him what the difference in model numbers were between an 8 and 10 bit display panel. He said that the model numbers were identical. He then offered me the same TV as the other person did the previous day for 2495, and when I asked him how the price could go up so much in one day he put me on hold to get the best price which ended up being 2399. I was so fed up with the entire experience by this time I said that I was thinking about canceling which he gladly did immediately and then hung up. I just cannot believe that this is allowed in the USA, this business should not be allowed to scam people the way that they do. They had no intention of honoring their published price, instead they use it as a way to get you in the door so they can up sell more a higher price.

I am concerned that they could sell credit card information to the dark web. The average person has no idea regarding differences in the number of display panel bits and I am sure they use this line on everybody. It is classic bait and switch. Attached are the photos of the original order clearly showing TV model number and features, in addition I have provided a picture of the advertised priced which led me to this purchase. You can see from these photos that the advertised information clearly defines that this unit has HDR etc... the order is canceled but I honestly would love to force them to sell the unit for their published price and stated shipping times of 1 to 2 days.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have purchased 2 TVs from East Coast in the last 4 years. The first was a Samsung UN55D8000 in 2013 and an LG OLED TV 65EG9600 in 2016. I was impressed with my initial experience that I went back 3 years after and received even a much better treatment. This time, I was given a pair of 4k HDMI cables and a wall mount. I'll be returning this 2018 for 75" TV. Probably after August.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Look at reviews from anywhere. These guys basically take your money and tell you they will ship it out but don't until... well I Don't know. 6 months later I'm still waiting. Don't do it please. I wouldn't wish this upon even Hitler.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Where do I begin. Ordered a Sony 65" TV from Joe's TV aka East Coast TV aka One Way Shipping. First ordering the product I noticed order went into processing. Then I get a call from Joe's AV the order was declined by my CC company, was surprised. They (Joe's AV) suggested I call my CC company to confirm the order was good which I did. Now your CC company has you on tape that the order is not fraud. First mistake. Next they upsell me for a better TV. Then the order via email was incorrect so many times I couldn't count. Still not suspicious. Then when I called for a tracking number they were unavailable for a week due to a religious holiday.

Finally, I get a person by the name of Elizabeth, she gave me a bogus tracking number and stated that the TV was shipped 12 days ago. Gave me the so called shipper's phone number, guess what? Voicemail at other end and mailbox full. Look for the shipping company online and guess what came up, Joe's AV. Okay, I then called my CC company and told them what was happening. I put it all together at that point. I believe they do not post a tracking number because of interstate commerce laws. I'll check further on that. I also asked Elizabeth why the tracking number was not posted on their site under my order particulars. She couldn't answer that. I asked to speak with her manager. Her manager was not available today but would call me back the following day.

The so called manager's name was Stephanie, Hmmm! I called East Coast TV, guess what, Elizabeth on the other end, she hung up. I assume caller ID. I will be calling the AG's office in New Jersey tomorrow and the credit card company has started an investigation on all three companies. Funny thing, the voice on "One Way Shipping" sounds very much like Elizabeth's. Hmm! Time to get tough on these people. The scamming of the consumer, credit card companies and legit online companies needs to stop. Let's start with Joe's/East Coast/One Way Shipping. I found Joe's through Amazon. Amazon has deep pockets and should go after them. Elizabeth, I hope you like orange jumpsuits.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about East Coast TVs?

Original review: July 10, 2017

East Coast TV Mm. Phone 8664965784. Order no. **. Vinasa 2-14/17. Vijay 3/5/2017 Told me that if I want to cancel the order he will do for me in rude words.

4/20/17 Re-ordered. Comes in 28 days. Called 5/18/17. Called Jassica 6/21/17 11:30. 6/27/17 5:07 Hung up phone. Said call back without listening me but never called back. 07/09/17 10:50 am Ann picked up the phone and told me the same thing as told me before. She told me that store manager will call me back and without listening me back she hung up the phone. My conclusion. Maybe fake company. It's been a long wait without any response.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Unless you absolutely do not care when you receive your item, and will not bother to try and hold them to any kind of delivery timeline, DO NOT BUY FROM EAST COAST TV. Multiple calls, emails, assurances, all for naught. No grill for Memorial Day weekend (and they have the nerve to say if it comes on Sunday, after at least four assurances I'd have by Friday, that it still makes it for the weekend). Item was ordered on May 9th.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Worst experience ever!!! Do not use this company for any purchase. Shame on me for not reading reviews first. I purchased a VocoPro microphone set. I NEVER received tracking information. I kept calling and still no tracking number. They said, "It will get there." It did get to me but it was the incorrect order. I was told by David, who by the way is completely rude, that he would "talk with shipping and get it corrected." I was told I would receive a call in about an hour... that call never came. On the second day of trying to correct issue he said he needed information to get correct order. I told him I would email him the information. When I obtained the information, I sent it to the email he provided however, my email kept bouncing back.

I called and spoke to Stephanie, who said "it was close of business and she was the last one left." After telling her about my email issue, she sent me a test email and I tried to respond to it with no luck... then I got smart. I send it from another email address and it went through. DAVID BLOCKED MY EMAIL IN ORDER NOT TO RECEIVE THE INFORMATION!!! When I commented to Stephanie about situation she said, "Let me get someone to help." Hello, I thought you were alone. I sent back the equipment next day... let's see how long it takes to get a refund. The worst thing about this experience is they are unfazed and completely do not care. I wouldn't have given them any stars but I had to rate them. DO NOT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! The only thing you will get for your money is heartache and a terrible headache.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Shipping is a little slow so be patient...Mine took about 4 weeks. Buy purchasing this Summit E670 propane grill on East Coast TVs, I saved at least $350 and got exactly what I wanted. Also remember, these are New Jerseys boys and they can be a little curt at times...Overlook that.

Original review: May 15, 2017

This quasi-criminal organization should be avoided at all costs. If you are so masochistic as to want to do business with them, simply put your head down and run full tilt into the nearest brick wall. It will be cheaper and easier and will get you to same degree of pain! Ordered 2 tv's and 5 months later, didn't get either one of them. They didn't try to steal my $ [so far], but short of that they did just about everything possible to qualify tops on my list of worst companies in the USA to deal with. You will get promised a good, no, a great deal, but in the end all you will have in your hand is you know what. Any class action lawyers reading this site, please contact me as a volunteer to be a lead plaintiff.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Ordered a 75" TV and got a great deal. Then, I read the reviews about ECTV, many of which revolved around lack of delivering on time. So, I ordered the same TV from another (more reputable) retailer with the intention of accepting whichever TV came first and returning/canceling the other. They were both scheduled to be delivered on the same day. No surprise, ECTV never showed up. The additional 5% I paid is well worth the peace of mind dealing with a reputable retailer. Also, I was left speechless after hearing the way they were talking to me when I cancelled the order. A bunch of thugs over there. I don't understand how they're allowed to operate.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Placed an order for a Weber Summit S-470 Propane Grill from ECTVS website. Was told that I qualified for $50 off plus and extra $100 paycheck bonus plus a choice of free freight or white glove shipping. Gave them my credit card info and was told that they would email a receipt. I printed a receipt just in case they didn't email.

The next day, I received a horrible phone call from one of their service reps calling himself, George. George started off the conversation by saying, "The discounts would not be applied, unless...” I paid by personal check, instead of credit card. An odd request! Then he said, "Oh, I see you are in Pennsylvania, well we don't ship there. But, if you pay for shipping we may be able to work something out." At this point he started pressuring, "You want the order or not?" He got abusive shouting and cursing. I told him that I was a journalist and had read complaints about their bait and switch tactics and false advertising claims. He said, “Those aren't complaints, those are reviews." Company claims that a price quote, payment, and receipt are not a binding agreement. They actually falsified the receipt on their site to show their new higher price, but I have a copy of the original.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I will not recommend this vendor to anybody. Their advertisement is misleading. A customer service by the name of GEORGE (most probably a fake name) was very rude. They advertise discounts and then they call you to say that the discount is only valid if you pay by check. For suspicious reasons THEY DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS WITH CREDIT CARDS. You be the judge.

Original review: April 14, 2017

The price was so low I was concerned it was a scam. They are not. They are legit. I bought a high end 65" LG LED TV. The TV shipped from LG defective. The bluetooth remote didn't work. LG was a nightmare to deal with, but once I realized I needed to deal with East Coast, they were very helpful. They sent out a technician the next day who replace the motherboard and had it working right away. He told me this is very uncommon. East Coast doesn't warehouse their goods, so the low price does come at the expense of a long wait, but I knew that up front. It probably helped that I live in nearby Brooklyn - the technician literally fixed it the day after I called East Coast. In the end they sent me a free wall mount and thanked me for my business. I highly recommend them. LG, on the other hand, needs better quality control.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I was in need of a JBL commercial mixer that was on back order at my local supplier. After looking online I came across East Coast TV's website that stated they had one in stock. Placed the order with their rep, who promised me I would have it within 7-10 days, that was about a month ago... I have called several times for an update only to get the run around. They say they will call me back with updates, never a call back. No emails or tracking numbers. I actually spent about $100 more than it would have cost through my distributor but I was in a pinch to get one. As of now, I still don't have it and there has been one sitting at my distributor for about a week but already paid East Coast and don't wanna pay twice. Wish I would've looked at the reviews on this company before I used them, seems like everyone has had the same problem as me.

Original review: March 28, 2017

Bought a 65" OLED TV online - sale price was amazing. Taught me to do more due diligence as weeks went by though; I know now to use BBB or other services (like this one) to vet all my online shopping experiences. So, what happened? I put in an order for an LG OLED65C6P and has a guy have me call him to "confirm" my order. It was then when he attempted to upsell me on not only shipping and a warranty -- to be expected, honestly, and I wasn't upset about them -- but to try and sell me another panel that had "better refresh rates." The only drawback to the 2016 OLEDs from LG has been the response time and that was fixed via firmware with a free download LG put out. So, that was a lie that should have had me suspicious.

I was then told it would be a while before the TV was received from Korea and to be patient. Called Customer Service to see why my card hadn't been charged or why I hadn't heard anything. I was told "28 days from your order" and hung up on. Four weeks went by. Card still hasn't been charged and order status online is just "processing." I finally get in touch with the Customer Service, and told "28 business days." Okay, another week and change. I call again. "We're just waiting on the ship to dock."

At this point, I've done enough research to know that everyone in this company is completely full of ** and I ultimately decide, instead of waiting for more than a month to purchase air and nothing else, to cancel my order. The fact no one tried to get me to stay with them and deleted my order almost instantly tells me that they were only interested in a customer they could lie to in order to sell something at a regular price equal to their legitimate competition. I seriously am disappointed with myself for giving them so much patience. A worthless group of liars... Even if they delivered remotely close to acceptable product for the prices claimed, I still wouldn't patronize them as they are contemptuous. I hope individuals who've actually transacted money with them (or the other ones like them, such as Abe's of Maine, Cliff's Deals, or Joe's AV) sue them for the numerous civil infractions they are associated with.

Original review: March 16, 2017

First off, it took me 3 weeks (22 days) to receive my LG OLED65B. It cost way < what it cost at Best Buy. They do use White Glove, which is annoying because the product couldn't be tracked for 2 of the 3 weeks. When it finally came, they did unbox it, plug it in and ensure it worked. And, it did work. I have a remarkable 2016 edition OLED television. The shipping process is annoying, but East Coast TVs is legit. I felt morally obligated to write a review since everyone was bashing them, on here. They CAN improve their communication, but the bottom line is: they deliver!

Original review: March 8, 2017

I ordered an LG OLEDB6P 55" on Jan. 8th and chose their free shipping option. They called me and told me it would take 21 to 28 days to get to me in California. I emailed after 21 days to track the delivery and got a one sentence response that the trucking service would call me the day before. I called at 28 days, and was told by the agent that it was 28 BUSINESS DAYS, so I'd have to wait up to 1.5 more weeks. OK. I called again now fully 2 MONTHS after placing my order and was told that Dispatch would call me to give me an update. It's been 2 days and I haven't heard from anyone. I am canceling my order and buying from Cliff Deals for a slightly higher price, but delivery within 7-14 days, also with free shipping. East Coast TVs, at least for this order, was a complete scam.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I was shopping for a TV. Spent time researching at rtings.com. Chose a specific model. Eastcoasttvs.com had the price $850 lower, than at Amazon. Too good to be true? It is. After completing the purchase, I received 4! emails asking me to call them to verify the order. I called them the next business day. The operator, named Arlene, was not very friendly - probably having to deal with frustrated customers whole day. She transferred me to someone else, who put me on hold right away, then told me "We are out of stock for this particular model". I answered right back: "Then cancel my order, please." He replied: "Ok, good". I will see if the charge goes through and how long it will take to reverse.

What I don't like about their selling method: Why sell what you don't have? Why ask me to call to confirm, if you know you don't have it? Just cancel the order and apologize to customer. They are willing to bait me, waste my time over and over, just in the hopes of redirecting me to a different product, that they can make profit on.

Original review: March 5, 2017

The same usual tricks. Placed an order for OLED TV online that advertised "no gimmicks". Said in stock, ships in 24 to 48 hours. Called them up to verify that this is the case and what day I should be receiving it. They told me that delivery should take place in 28 business days. Explained the TVs are on a boat in the ocean. Asked why that their website said it was in stock and ships within 24 to 48 hours. They said they are in stock. They ship from the boat! Asked which OLED TV was in stock and the guy tried to upgrade me to a full price model at the same price in Best Buy. These guys essentially keep you waiting months and months for a TV until they actually go down to that price and then ship you a discontinued model. Avoid these guys at all costs. I was told my card will be charged and I would just have to wait for the TV to be delivered! These guys need to be stopped.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Same as others, ordered great deal on TV, states no gimmicks. Didn't want to pay extra for free shipping offered, was willing to wait the 3-4 weeks as promised. Then after 5 wks was told the Korean made TV was coming from Europe and suddenly it was "28 business days". I think it was Kellyanne Conway taking the call. If enough people keep complaining along with few OK reviews, why not go to a site that has a little higher price with consistently good reviews. Not worth the aggravation.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

The web site showed 2 Weber grills in stock, ordered on Dec 9 received the grill on Jan 18th. Lots of effort to get a real tracking number that showed the grill was on the move. Received the grill and went to register it with Weber, noticed the tag with serial number on the grill was missing and the 3 labels on the box with serial numbers were missing. In contacting East Coast TVs they let me know that the labels were removed because they are not an authorized dealer and any warranty issues will need to go through them. I don't know what is going on but it seems wrong, hence the one star. For the discounted price difference I would have gladly paid more for the peace of mind.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I find it funny the stories that other people are reporting. I had my stepdad order from East Coast TVs and they pulled the same con artist stunt that many others are reporting. My stepdad recieved an email or missed phone call stating that they needed to confirm the order. This was two days after placing the order. He called them to confirm it and the salesperson told him that the TV was an earlier model that had an 8 bit processor and he can be upgrade it to the 10 bit for $129 more. Unfortunately he did it. I did the research to see if there truly was a difference with the model. There was not! Needless to say, I will be contacting them in the morning to cancel the order. All you had to be was honest and you would have had our money. Now you get none of it. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I never write reviews but I thought this may help someone else from making my mistake. I ordered a Sony 75" TV on Black Friday. It was advertised as a great deal (a few hundred less than Amazon). A month later and after at least 6 calls and being lied to I was told the TV was being shipped from Japan. I was lied to each time I called in and told the TV was in stock and on its way. TOTAL SCAM. BUYER BEWARE! Had to cancel my CC and delayed my remodel project a month. Huge pain and not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Do Not Order From East Coast TVs. I ordered the LG OLED65B6P on Dec 21, 2016 for the amount of $2069. East Coast TVs even gave me another $10.00 discount, calling it Pre-Black Friday and brought the total due down to $2059.00. I received a call from George on Dec 22 (which I believe is a fake name). George said it will take about 28 days to receive my TV because it's coming from Asia, more specific, Malaysia. Then he tried to convince me to get a TV from Mexico because it would have a better screen quality, which I know is a load of malarkey. So I canceled my order. If you do decide to order from this company, I highly recommend you use a credit card and not use a check, debit card or money order. I would attach a copy of the invoice but I don't feel like redacting all my personal information.

So anyway, I explained to George that the EastCoastTVs.com site does not say anything about the TV coming from another country and that I thought the TV was coming from New Jersey, since that is where the company is located. That's when he explained they get the TVs from overseas. That's when I expressed the fact that East Coast TVs don't even see the items that customers order and have no idea of the conditions of items. Luckily, I saw other reviews from customers on ConsumerAffairs.com. I didn't see any pending transactions on my credit card account. But if I do, I'll be contacting my credit card company immediately to ensure no transactions are processed.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

It appears that I am not the first customer to be strung along with an online order as East Coast TV takes money, yet delivers no product nor tracking confirmation. The guy on the phone is loud and rude in your ear bamboozling you into believing he is giving you the "best" option and how it's his "last offer," how he only has "two left," and how you "need" the warranty to "just get it." Then, they string you along with "awaiting tracking number" as they place "blame" on the "shipping truck" for needing to "scan the order into the local hub" and THEN you will get your tracking number, meanwhile 8 days have passed and still no information about where your order is and when you can expect delivery.

They will avoid your questions about when and where with repeat statements "as soon as the truck scans the item, you will get your tracking number." Why would they say it "shipped" without a tracking confirmation number? That is not good business. I emailed cancellation, ordered immediate refund, and ordered them NOT to call me because I will no longer fall victim to their scam artistry. I reported them to the BBB, my bank, and canceled my account so that no further withdrawals could be made.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I ordered 2 OLED TVs on Black Friday. They waited until after all of the Cyber Monday deals expired and then emailed me to call them. When I called they said I purchased 8 bit Asian manufactured TVs and I should upgrade to the 10 bit Mexico manufactured models. I argued that there was nothing on their site which described this difference and that the 2 "different" TVs had the exact same model number. They said it was in my best interest to pay an extra $500 more for the 10 bit model and that I should send them a check instead of using my credit card to receive an additional discount.

I hung up and called LG directly to confirm. LG said they DO NOT produce 8 bit TVs and ALL of their models are manufactured in Asia and assembled in Mexico. LG suggested I cancel the order and purchase from an LG authorized dealer. I called East Coast TVs back and informed them of what LG said and they said nothing but "we'll cancel your order" and hung up. Total scam! I trusted their positive google reviews, as someone else on this board has stated, they must be tampering with those reviews.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I found the TV that I wanted on their website. A LG OLED65C6P TV for $2069. It seemed like a good deal, since everyone else was selling it for $2799, so I submitted the order and received the confirmation email. An hour later, I received another email saying that I needed to call to confirm my order. When I called, and waited on hold for 20 minutes, I finally talked to a representative who recommended that I get the 'White Glove service' for $139. When I told him I wasn't interested, he became very rude with me but said he would submit the order.

The next morning, I log in to check the order to see that it was still in a 'pending' status. I checked my credit card to discover it had not been charged, and I also noticed that they had lowered the price to $2029. At this point, I decided to call in to see if I could get my order price reduced to what was currently listed since they hadn't charged my card yet. After waiting only 12 minutes on the phone this time, I finally talked to a representative who said that he would meet the advertised price, but then he said, "You realize you ordered the TV with the 8-bit screen right? You really want the one with the 10-bit screen that's made in Mexico." He informed me that this 'better' TV was $2799 (imagine that), but that they had it on sale for $2399, and he directed me to the ad on his website for this TV.

When I informed him that I just wanted to get the TV that I ordered, he too became rude with me, telling me that I had taken up his time for him to show me the 'better' TV and I didn't even want it. He said that he would correct the price to $2029 and basically hung up the phone on me. It was at this point that I really became suspicious. I watched my order and my credit card all day, and there was no change with either. I also began doing some research and discovered the other reviews on this site from people who had gone through the same thing. Not wanting to wait for anything more to happen, I decided to call back and just cancel the order.

I waited on hold for more than 45 MINUTES!!! Before someone finally answered the phone. After a brief but fairly heated discussion, he finally agreed to cancel my order. I went back and looked at the ad afterwards, and they've raised the price on this TV to $2169. At this point, I feel lucky that my credit card has not been charged, but you can bet that I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it and will dispute any charges that happen to show up.

No reputable business operates this way. Any decent business will sell their products at the advertised price and ship in a reasonable time. I feel that I was lucky to have gotten out of the transaction relatively unscathed, and I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Oh, and by the way, the same people runs joesav.com as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Before ordering my television from East Coast TVs I came to a site very similar to this one (may have been this one) and read the reviews. Many bad, but enough good that I thought the low price made it worth the risk. I placed my order for an LG 55E6P set. The next day I got the call that all of the negative reviewers complain about. You can get the TV set much quicker if you pay for upgraded shipping, otherwise you have to wait approximately 28 business days. I told him I wasn't in any hurry, and he didn't press the issue. 28 days later I called back because the order status still reported "awaiting tracking number". The rep said it is business days, so about another week and a half. No worries. 10 days later, still the same status. Call again - rep says maybe another week, still hasn't cleared customs. Call a week later, same status - hasn't cleared customs.

At this point I was pretty fed up and canceled the order. But here's the twist to this bait and switch operation. I believe there was never any television once I hung up with the original guy that requested the shipping upgrade. They just let you wait and wait until you cancel the order, which they fully expect you to do. It's dishonest and disappointing - if they want to bait and switch, that's fine - own it. But don't let people just wait believing this could actually happen for 6 weeks or more. It's just not necessary.

Now, this next part I can't prove, but I feel I have to mention it anyway. Shortly after placing my order, my credit card was used fraudulently all around NYC. Several visits to some barbecue place, lots of EZ Pass charges, car insurance payments - you name it. Again, I can't prove it was East Coast TVs, because I used that same card at a gas station in NJ right around that same time, but it was one of the two and given East Coast TVs deviant business practices, I wouldn't put it past them. They certainly didn't do anything to earn my trust. So, to sum it up - it seems East Coast TVs makes money in two ways - anyone that pays a regular price for a tv gets a tv, and anyone that refuses the upgrade to a regular price - well, let's have a party with their card info! Want to stress once more - can't prove the second part.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

They lied to me several times. Told me the model TV I ordered was being recalled, but that only the Asian made model was being recalled. There was a model that was Mexican made that was still good, and I just need to spend $1,000 more with them to get it. It is a classic bait and switch scam shop. They show really low prices hoping to entice you, and the try to upsell you on the same product you already ordered. It took over 3 weeks to get to the point where they saw I wasn't going to pay more than what I said I would at checkout on their website; and once they realized that, they cancelled my order. I also believe they are artificially inflating their google review score. If you look at other ratings for them, they are never as high as what google purports. They need to be reported to some kind of consumer board for their shady practices.

East Coast TVs Company Information