eastcoasttvs.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

East Coast TVs was founded in 2008 on the principle of providing unbeatable prices and excellent, personal customer service. Such a combination that is unfortunately, hard to come across today. Since then, we have continued to practice our philosophy every day. Our greatest feat is having served thousands of extremely pleased customers.

East Coast TVs Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I'm not sure if they are still in business, but I'll share my ordering experience. I ordered my Sony TV Z9D from them in November of 2017. The price was great and they took my order without any funny business. I was a little nervous, because of the many bad reviews that I had read, but since I was using a credit card, I thought that I would give them a chance. I kept watching their site for a shipping order and also for any price changes. When I failed to get a shipping order number, I called them up. I had also noticed that the price for the TV had dropped. I told them this and they gave me the price difference. They also told me that the TV was coming from Japan and that the shopping was a private shipper and used local shipping once the TV arrived in Florida.

It took a couple of months to get my TV, but once they got the TV into the Port of Los Angeles, my credit card was billed and I was given the shipping information. So, even though the shipment was slow, I got my TV at the price the lowered price that I was quoted. The local delivery was very helpful. The driver even helped me unbox and set up the TV for free. I wound up giving him my old Sharp TV as a thank you. So, even though the delivery was slow, there was no run around and I got a terrific price, with extended warranty. They didn't send me the wall mount, but I wasn't going to use it anyway. In the end, I was happy with the great deal and a great TV.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Where to begin... Ordered an LG 65" OLED TV on 11/24/17, the website said in stock, ships in 2 days. After a week I naively ask for an ETA through a customer service link... Never got an answer. Finally called, George told me it was a mistake on the site and the item was ordered from overseas, ETA 2-3 months!!! After 2 months I call again, Sean answers, tells me: "why did you order the 8 bit, I can give you the 10 bit for slightly more". Confirms they have it in stock and will be delivered within 10 days, that was January 19th 2018.

I took the bait and ok'ed the order. At this point, my card was charged. 10 day after, of course, nothing, I call again (2h on hold mind you...), George gives me the number of "One Way Shipping" which is a bogus company that sits at ECTV offices, bogus tracking number only via phone. Tried calling them again, this time no answer from ECTV or the "shipping company". At this point I had enough and called to cancel the order, after another 2h on hold. I get a representative that rudely says: "I cant cancel since the item is in transit." Asked to talk to the manager: "She leaves at 4"... Never tried to call again. Called my CC company and filed a claim, got my money back. Do yourself a favor and don't call these scammers. It is a mystery to me how they are still in business.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Ordered an LGOLED65C7P from East Coast TV on Sunday January 28/18, called them on Tuesday January 30/18 to check why order was still pending, at this time they told me that they were experiencing problems with their system and needed me to verbally confirm credit card information which I reluctantly did. The next question was “why did you chose the 8 bit panel instead of the much better 10 bit panel, I can sell you the ten bit for 2299" (instead of the 1934 that I had already committed to). I told him I would investigate this and get back to them. I quickly discovered that all LGOLED TVs with HDR and Dolby Vision are 10 bit. I then called them back and talked to the same person who abruptly said the he would need to verify it and would get back to me and hung up which of course didn’t happen.

The next day I called again asking for an update and this time the person I was speaking with the previous day briefly muttered “we will be with you in a moment” after I had already been on hold for a while so he obviously knew it was me again. Shortly after another person got on the phone and told me that the TV I ordered was an 8 bit panel and had to be ordered directly from Taiwan and that it was going to take at least 35 days to get it here. He also gave me the same line about 8 vs 10 bit and referred me to a Google search for “TV panel lottery” which he claims clearly describes what he is talking about. I again got into another debate about their misinformation and finally after telling him that the HDR REQUIRED AT LEAST 10 bit panel to process the number of color variations produced he said let me check that. He got back a short time later and said the TV that I had ordered does not have HDR.

The advertised product that I purchased definitely clearly stated that it has HDR in addition to a host of many other options. I then asked him what the difference in model numbers were between an 8 and 10 bit display panel. He said that the model numbers were identical. He then offered me the same TV as the other person did the previous day for 2495, and when I asked him how the price could go up so much in one day he put me on hold to get the best price which ended up being 2399. I was so fed up with the entire experience by this time I said that I was thinking about canceling which he gladly did immediately and then hung up. I just cannot believe that this is allowed in the USA, this business should not be allowed to scam people the way that they do. They had no intention of honoring their published price, instead they use it as a way to get you in the door so they can up sell more a higher price.

I am concerned that they could sell credit card information to the dark web. The average person has no idea regarding differences in the number of display panel bits and I am sure they use this line on everybody. It is classic bait and switch. Attached are the photos of the original order clearly showing TV model number and features, in addition I have provided a picture of the advertised priced which led me to this purchase. You can see from these photos that the advertised information clearly defines that this unit has HDR etc... the order is canceled but I honestly would love to force them to sell the unit for their published price and stated shipping times of 1 to 2 days.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have purchased 2 TVs from East Coast in the last 4 years. The first was a Samsung UN55D8000 in 2013 and an LG OLED TV 65EG9600 in 2016. I was impressed with my initial experience that I went back 3 years after and received even a much better treatment. This time, I was given a pair of 4k HDMI cables and a wall mount. I'll be returning this 2018 for 75" TV. Probably after August.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Look at reviews from anywhere. These guys basically take your money and tell you they will ship it out but don't until... well I Don't know. 6 months later I'm still waiting. Don't do it please. I wouldn't wish this upon even Hitler.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about East Coast TVs?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Where do I begin. Ordered a Sony 65" TV from Joe's TV aka East Coast TV aka One Way Shipping. First ordering the product I noticed order went into processing. Then I get a call from Joe's AV the order was declined by my CC company, was surprised. They (Joe's AV) suggested I call my CC company to confirm the order was good which I did. Now your CC company has you on tape that the order is not fraud. First mistake. Next they upsell me for a better TV. Then the order via email was incorrect so many times I couldn't count. Still not suspicious. Then when I called for a tracking number they were unavailable for a week due to a religious holiday.

Finally, I get a person by the name of Elizabeth, she gave me a bogus tracking number and stated that the TV was shipped 12 days ago. Gave me the so called shipper's phone number, guess what? Voicemail at other end and mailbox full. Look for the shipping company online and guess what came up, Joe's AV. Okay, I then called my CC company and told them what was happening. I put it all together at that point. I believe they do not post a tracking number because of interstate commerce laws. I'll check further on that. I also asked Elizabeth why the tracking number was not posted on their site under my order particulars. She couldn't answer that. I asked to speak with her manager. Her manager was not available today but would call me back the following day.

The so called manager's name was Stephanie, Hmmm! I called East Coast TV, guess what, Elizabeth on the other end, she hung up. I assume caller ID. I will be calling the AG's office in New Jersey tomorrow and the credit card company has started an investigation on all three companies. Funny thing, the voice on "One Way Shipping" sounds very much like Elizabeth's. Hmm! Time to get tough on these people. The scamming of the consumer, credit card companies and legit online companies needs to stop. Let's start with Joe's/East Coast/One Way Shipping. I found Joe's through Amazon. Amazon has deep pockets and should go after them. Elizabeth, I hope you like orange jumpsuits.

Original review: July 10, 2017

East Coast TV Mm. Phone 8664965784. Order no. **. Vinasa 2-14/17. Vijay 3/5/2017 Told me that if I want to cancel the order he will do for me in rude words.

4/20/17 Re-ordered. Comes in 28 days. Called 5/18/17. Called Jassica 6/21/17 11:30. 6/27/17 5:07 Hung up phone. Said call back without listening me but never called back. 07/09/17 10:50 am Ann picked up the phone and told me the same thing as told me before. She told me that store manager will call me back and without listening me back she hung up the phone. My conclusion. Maybe fake company. It's been a long wait without any response.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Unless you absolutely do not care when you receive your item, and will not bother to try and hold them to any kind of delivery timeline, DO NOT BUY FROM EAST COAST TV. Multiple calls, emails, assurances, all for naught. No grill for Memorial Day weekend (and they have the nerve to say if it comes on Sunday, after at least four assurances I'd have by Friday, that it still makes it for the weekend). Item was ordered on May 9th.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Worst experience ever!!! Do not use this company for any purchase. Shame on me for not reading reviews first. I purchased a VocoPro microphone set. I NEVER received tracking information. I kept calling and still no tracking number. They said, "It will get there." It did get to me but it was the incorrect order. I was told by David, who by the way is completely rude, that he would "talk with shipping and get it corrected." I was told I would receive a call in about an hour... that call never came. On the second day of trying to correct issue he said he needed information to get correct order. I told him I would email him the information. When I obtained the information, I sent it to the email he provided however, my email kept bouncing back.

I called and spoke to Stephanie, who said "it was close of business and she was the last one left." After telling her about my email issue, she sent me a test email and I tried to respond to it with no luck... then I got smart. I send it from another email address and it went through. DAVID BLOCKED MY EMAIL IN ORDER NOT TO RECEIVE THE INFORMATION!!! When I commented to Stephanie about situation she said, "Let me get someone to help." Hello, I thought you were alone. I sent back the equipment next day... let's see how long it takes to get a refund. The worst thing about this experience is they are unfazed and completely do not care. I wouldn't have given them any stars but I had to rate them. DO NOT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! The only thing you will get for your money is heartache and a terrible headache.

Original review: May 16, 2017

Shipping is a little slow so be patient...Mine took about 4 weeks. Buy purchasing this Summit E670 propane grill on East Coast TVs, I saved at least $350 and got exactly what I wanted. Also remember, these are New Jerseys boys and they can be a little curt at times...Overlook that.

East Coast TVs Company Information