3.90/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Bugaboo Luggage

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Bugaboo Luggage Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I bought the luggage to go and visit my grand Kids, & at first it was doing good. I loaded on my little computer dolley so that the weight wouldn't tear it up or damage it. But as I was visiting certain little compartments started wearing down and then one or two of my pockets broke, then my zipper got stuck. Well I fixed that and on my way home I figured that I would add a few more items to my baggage. I left Victorville and got downtown Los Angeles and it seems like everything just went haywire on me but I did get it back before I decided to throw it away. Have a blessed day to all.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Someone sent me an email telling me about the Bugaboo Luggage product. I purchased online the Bugaboo Boxers and the process was fine. The luggage looks good on the video, but it turned not to be as good as it looks. Firstly, it’s too heavy and secondly, the wheels are not stable. When you’re walking down, it shifts from side to side. There is certainly a problem with it and the wheel things need to be adjusted. Moreover, the fact that it’s a hard case makes a limited amount of space when you put X amount of things into it. If it will be a soft case, it will be much easier to use. I actually stopped using it because it’s too heavy, too cumbersome, and has limited space. The product that costs an amount of money about $1600 is nowhere near that worth. It was very poorly designed and way too expensive.

Bugaboo should go back to the drawing board and figure how to make the luggage lighter. They should be able to design a way where you get some benefit from putting more things into it. And they should ratchet up the technology part. A lot of these new products coming out can charge the phone or have easy accessibility to stuff that’s around you. The Bugaboo Boxers, I just close the box and that's it. You can’t get anything. There’s no way to get unless you open the whole thing up. And the fact that it opens in the length rather than the width, also makes it complicated. I don’t use it and I’ve given it to others to use but they just give it back.

Get expert buying tips about Luggage delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 20, 2018

I saw Bugaboo Luggage advertised and I wanted to try it out. I bought a Bugaboo Boxer for work, and I have used it and it’s great. I'd recommend it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Bugaboo Luggage was very highly reviewed when it first came out. I bought a Boxer online, and it was easy. But it was definitely overpriced. It was touted as a special, fancy system, but it’s not the easiest thing to use. And when other people handle it they have no idea what they’re doing. If there was a bellman at a hotel or a cab driver or the luggage people at the airport, they have no idea how to fold it up properly because it’s atypical in the design. And I also picked the white one, and it immediately gets totally scuffed out and marked after one trip, checking it as a bag.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I bought a Bugaboo Boxer in time for a trip. I did it online and the purchase process was easy. And the shipping didn't take an obscenely long period of time. I've used my Bugaboo luggage a few times, and I’ve been very happy with it. I like the overall package and the fact that the wheels work the way that they do in terms of being able to push instead of pull, and combining the systems together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Luggage?

Original review: March 31, 2018

I got a Bugaboo Boxer and the purchase went fine. I did it online and it arrived and I gave it to my husband for Christmas and it was all good. But I haven't completed my concern with Bugaboo Luggage yet. One of the wheels on the chassis broke, and Bugaboo is being incredibly difficult. So, my enthusiasm for the Bugaboo Luggage system is waning rapidly because it's not worth it without the chassis and without the rollers on. So, their guarantee isn’t really good. It looks like it's a good guarantee but they're making me jump through hoops. The luggage is at my other house. I'm in South Carolina and I have to go back to New York and order the photograph and answer a hundred questions on how it got broken that they wanted me to do. And you can't buy the chassis by itself. So, it's worthless to me. I've been a big proponent of them because I love the suitcase, but now that it broke and they aren't helpful, I can't endorse it.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I love my Bugaboo Boxer. It was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I purchased it online through the Bugaboo website, and it was shipped fine. It was intact and usable when it got here. The design blows away every time I use it. I like that I push it like a stroller instead of pulling it. It's a hell of a lot easier to wheel around airports and to steer than dragging a luggage behind you. And it holds up and is really compact. The only thing is $1,000 is extremely expensive for a luggage, but if a person travels enough to use it like I do nearly every week, it's 100% worth it.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My wife likes the Bugaboo Boxer I purchased from Bugaboo. I would recommend Bugaboo Luggage.

Original review: March 24, 2018

The Bugaboo Luggage was a gift from my wife. I purchased it about 15 months ago. I ordered it online and it was an easy process. Soon thereafter, it arrived and it’s what I ordered. So far, the quality appears to be very good. The functionality is excellent. It’s a great system and we really like it. And we travel a good bit and I felt that the design of the Bugaboo system was superior to other luggage systems. Also, a couple of our children have purchased Bugaboo baby strollers and they were really pleased with them, with the quality and the functionality.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I purchased the Boxer suitcase from Bugaboo a year ago and it went really smoothly. There was a pop-up store in New York and I went to look at the product. They were really friendly and I got to test it out. Someone from the headquarters had actually come down to New York so the experience was really great. They showed me how to use everything and the way the product worked was really amazing. This product was one of a kind because it used the same idea from when you're pushing the stroller. That was applied to the luggage, which I had never seen before. For someone who travels a lot like my dad, it was a pretty genius product and I knew he would definitely like it and he would love using it.

Then I purchased it online. The website was user-friendly and the shipment came on time. My dad was in Hong Kong and they don't sell this product in Asia yet. So when he's traveling, a lot of people come up to him at the airport and ask him where he got it. It's a really great product and Bugaboo would really have a big market in Asia for their suitcases specifically. I also advocate for this luggage all the time to my friends and people who travel. The product is of great quality and there's great customer service also.

A couple of months ago, there was a bit of an issue with the piece at the back where you can slide your laptop in. You can pull that out and open it for security scanning and then you slot it back in at the back of the chassis. But the button that my dad pressed wasn't working so he couldn't remove it. We contacted Bugaboo's customer service and told them about it, and as soon as there was another one of those in stock, they immediately sent it to me free of charge.

Bugaboo Luggage expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Bugaboo has been around since 1994 and makes strollers and luggage systems for active adults. Its two luggage systems, the Boxer and the Jannissima can come with a variety of add-ons for an additional price.

• The Boxer: The Boxer luggage system is designed to keep all of your bags in one place while you’re maneuvering to your destination. You can reconfigure it in seconds and its steering design makes changing directions and pushing a breeze. Other features include a luggage strap that secures your coats, a click-on-click-off organizer and an inner bag that doubles as a daypack. The Boxer retails for $1,030.

• The Jannissima: The Jannissima is designed with luxury in mind. Choose from a collection of six luggage bags designed to look like elegant handbags. Each Jannissima bag can fit on the Boxer luggage system or used on its own. You can switch from a handbag to a roller bag in seconds. The Jannissima retails for $349.

• Add-ons: The Boxer and Jannissima luggage systems can include a variety of add-ons for an additional price. You can choose from three sizes of compartment cases for the Boxer. Prices for the cases range from $400 to $460. If you need to safely transport a laptop, Bugaboo offers an elegant laptop bag that works with either system for $595. You can also choose from three styles of inner bags ranging in price from $55 to $110.

• Parts: Bugaboo sells replacement parts for both luggage systems online. From handles and hooks to wheels and luggage straps and everything in between, you can find any part and its price on Bugaboo’s website.

• Free returns: Did you order the wrong luggage system or part? You have 30 days to return the item for a full refund. Simply fill out a contact form online and a customer service representative will send you a prepaid return label.

• Best for: frequent travelers who want a long-lasting, easy to maneuver luggage system.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
      Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Bugaboo Luggage Company Information