4.25/5
  • 1 star
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals. Learn More.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

8 Bugaboo Luggage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The Bugaboo by Jannissima trolley looked like it was more convenient than trying multiple bags so I bought that and two add-on cases. And it was okay, however, I don’t use it anymore because it was just a little more complicated than I want when I’m trying to get on and off a plane. If it had hand controls versus the foot controls, the pop-out, the wheels, it would’ve been more convenient. I’m really short, 4’11”, so for me to reach the foot mechanism to pop the front wheels in and out was difficult for me to reach it and still try to hold on to the luggage. It’s hard to explain but if you think of lawnmower, it’s got that long-type handle. I was trying to stretch my leg to reach that mechanism to push the button, but at the same time, I had to tilt it back for the wheels to pop out. And of course, I was trying to the get on the plane and people behind me were waiting.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Purchasing the Bugaboo by Jannissima trolley online was easy. I also have their strollers and I very much like them. I use the luggage a lot and it’s very functional. I love the color and the leather. I do wish that it came in a larger size. I got the brown one and it only came in a medium. It was a little pricey but so far the quality was on par with the price. It’s very easy to use and I’m very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My purchasing experience with Bugaboo Luggage was beautiful and very pleasant. I bought two Jannissima L trolleys, as well as two sets of large and medium-sized luggage, a carry-on, and two pulleys. The purchase process was very seamless. I bought the products online and it was very easy to navigate through the system. We ordered the products and they got there on time. The products we got are fantastic and of excellent quality, and I love them. We're getting older and we were looking for simplicity so we got these products. They're easier to put in the trolley and push, so they're very convenient. We've also received lots of compliments with our luggage when people see us at the airport. But I'm not happy with the pulley because it wobbles all over the place and it's extremely uncomfortable to carry around. I can only set the pulley either way too high or much lower, and not at a middle position so I can have more control of it.

I also find the large luggage to be extremely small. It doesn’t close if I put my makeup, shoes and things on one side, and clothing on the other side. We travel a lot and I decided not to take it to Europe because of that. Although I love the product and I think it's fantastic, it needs to be tailored a little more or they can do a variation for women so we can be satisfied with it. My husband, though, loved it and was super happy with it because men are simpler and they don't have to carry so much stuff. From the perspective of a man, it's perfect. So, my husband took his Bugaboo luggage to Europe but I couldn't take mine because, otherwise, I would have to bring another bag. I chose to take my Hartmann luggage instead so that I could put everything that I needed in one bag. Being a woman, my Bugaboo luggage is more suitable for weekend travel.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Bugaboo's website was pretty easy to navigate through when I ordered a Jannissima L Trolley. It's a good looking bag that I can easily carry and I like the fact it has wheels and a pull-up handle. It's also designed well and I love it. I've taken it to trade shows and everybody in Europe would stop me, wanting to know where to get the bag. It's good for both men and women but men especially like it, especially ones who go to trade shows.

However, I didn't really understand the size as well as I would have liked. I bought the largest size and knowing what I do now, I would have gotten the medium size because it fits in the airplane underneath the seat better. The largest one doesn't fit. It has to go on the overhead. That would have been nice to know. If they had shown a person holding each one of the sizes, I would have had a better understanding. Also, I have a retail store and I wanted to sell it because every place I go with it, people want to buy it from me. Bugaboo Luggage is not offering that.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We purchased a stroller from Bugaboo years ago when my son was little. Then we found out that they were making luggage and my husband said we needed to check it out. I knew exactly what I wanted. I went online to buy it, and it was a very easy process. And I love my Bugaboo Luggage. I got the Jannissima L Trolley which was an add-on. The luggage was very easy to navigate through the airport because you push it from behind instead of pulling it. The quality seems good. The luggage is tough because it gets beat up so bad. We initially had an issue with it but Bugaboo sent us a brand-new suitcase. It's the best luggage that we've used so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bugaboo Luggage?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I travel a lot for business with a perfect size carry but more so was the system of one fitting into the other. Bugaboo works a whole bunch of new carry-ons and this works best for my needs. Their purchasing process is wonderful. I wasn’t looking for customizations. I just lowered the standard on what they offered online. I have the whole Bugaboo line and I’m very happy with the system, the whole cost and everything. But, the leather carry-on bag scratches with nothing, just any little touch so the quality of the leather is very weak. Another thing is that I don’t like that it doesn’t have an outside pocket. There are some little things that could’ve done better. Although the separate bag for the laptop that works in the bag is awesome. It works on the plane that you take it apart and get what you need, the laptop or gadgets that you want on the flight. You take the case and put it on top. It’s functional and it got everything fixed.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I've purchased my Bugaboo Luggage about a year and a half ago. First, I purchased the trolley and two pieces and then I purchased two more pieces. So I now have the big case, the medium size and the smaller of the two carry-ons. Plus the wheel one, the one that's like a tote but with the wheels. At first, I didn't realize that there were two different sizes for the ones you put in the overhead bin. I got the smaller of the two, which was too bad because I realized, that that was really quite small and that the next size up was better. The Bugaboo Luggage moves really well, even the big bag. I'm small and I find myself limited a little. I need to find an elevator because I'm a little afraid to take it up and down the escalators.

I was in New York during the UN General Assembly and the traffic was horrendous. I was up at 55th Street at an apartment on Lexington Avenue and I had to get over to the Amtrak train station at Penn Station. It was in the middle of the day and I ended up walking 30 blocks with my trolley and my two suitcases. I had no trouble at all and that was wonderful. Sometimes, the sidewalks and streets are not perfect. So I went over some rocks and it worked out. It's still fine today, after that experience. I almost took a picture of myself because I was so delighted with it. It was a great experience.

On the other hand, I'm unhappy because one of the handles of the zipper on my big case came off in travel and needs to be replaced. And also, if Bugaboo tells you that if you use alcohol you can get off the sticky that TSA puts on to identify your luggage and do the scan, that's not true. It looks crummy even though I use it all the time. Otherwise, it's a nice-looking piece of luggage and since it doesn't have wheels in the case itself, it's lighter so you can fit more stuff in and still meet the 50-pound limit. I have the big Rimowa and I can't fit as much in it even though it's also lightweight because the wheels add weight. All in all, I recommend the Bugaboo Luggage.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We liked the Bugaboo Boxer and my experience in purchasing it was perfect. It's a fantastic product with a good quality. It looks great and it's very easy to use when travelling. We travelled last week on a flight and didn't use them. We needed our bigger suitcase and it was kind of a pain in the butt to use that. Not having the Bugaboo made it difficult.

Bugaboo Luggage Company Information