1.25/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

772 Trilegiant Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 24, 2016

Funny how the people claiming that Great Fun is a scam are the ones that did not pay attention to what was being said to them over the phone and how it works. To get your rebate, you have to call a # during which they will tell you the terms to which you are agreeing - a 30-day free trial IF you cancel at the end of the 30 days, otherwise people you WILL BE BILLED. Your fault for forgetting to cancel or not realizing you signed up for anything! They will also try to sell you a second membership into some shoppers club for another $1. Just decline that one. Simple.

Wait for your membership materials to be emailed to you (about a week). Create an account on the Great Fun site at that time and print/mail your rebate form with receipt. Make sure to cancel within your 30 days! You do not have to wait until you receive your rebate check to do so, otherwise you're going to be well beyond the 30 days most likely.

I received my $30 Ticketmaster check in the mail about a week after cancelling. I also used a rebate form for movie tickets that I submitted before I cancelled - I've received that $15 check as well. A few days before cancelling, I also mailed in a restaurant rebate with receipt so still waiting on that $10 check. All in all, they will have paid me $55 and all I've paid is the $1 membership join fee to start the 30-day trial.

Worked for me! Again, those that are complaining are the ones that did not understand exactly how the program worked and therefore there is no one to blame but yourself. Don't call Great Fun a scam if you forgot to cancel, or didn't wait for your membership materials before cancelling, or didn't print out and mail your rebate form within the allotted time, or didn't include your receipt, etc.

Original review: May 7, 2016

This company somehow acquired my credit card number, linked with a purchase from a Tiger Direct purchase rebate. They claimed I signed up for their service, via... then you are subscribed after 30 days if you do not cancel, a check in a box, does not give a credit card number, how they got that is unclear. They also said I was a member, so that is why I was being billed monthly. However, when attempting to log into my so called membership page, it kicked back saying no one with my email was in their system. So they are not even clever enough to lie in order to cover up a lie. Stay clear of this place!

Updated on 05/24/2016: Just got off the phone, with MasterCard, for the 2nd time in as many weeks. I had an ongoing charge on my CC, for $16.99. It was from a TLG/Shoppers Advantage company. It is supposedly a shopping club. The first time 2 weeks ago, via a 3 way conference call with MC and TLG, I was told I signed up for their service, while applying for a rebate for an item purchased from Tiger Direct. They said I checked a box to do a 30 free trial. It also, I was told, said that after 30 days, if I did not cancel, they would sign me up, and charge my credit card.

First, I never checked any box. Second, I would NEVER join a buyer's club. Third, during this rebate process, I would NEVER include my CC # for a mfg rebate. For rebates, you show proof of purchase and from where, you do not show how you paid for the item. So, how did TLG get my CC #. Only place would be from Tiger. So, 2 weeks ago, MC and I stopped any further billing, CANCELLED my non-existent membership. I know it was non-existent, as I tried to log in with my email, and it said no such email existed in their system. So, that brings us to today. I looked at recent transactions, and 'snap', here is a $16.99 charge from TLG!!!

I went nuts. Called MC. Real nice lady looked through my account, and saw all this recent activity, then she said "hold on". She called this TLG. I told her to call the Sheriff too. When she came back to me, she said TLG told her I had TWO accounts, and I only requested to cancel ONE!!! So, I was still an active member. ** to that. I told the nice lady, "that was total bull". If I had two accounts, my bill should have been $33.98 per month, for two accounts. MC is going to credit me the recent 16.99. So, beware of Tiger Direct, and Rebates, and NEVER join or even talk about Buyer's Clubs.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I know people only write reviews to complain so I thought I would put my two cents in. I have saved thousands of dollars over the years in various "clubs" offered by Trilegiant. I have found their customer service to be helpful and courteous. People who complain are offered a membership for a 30 day period after a purchase from another website usually with some sort of rebate included. They are given a phone number to call to cancel after reviewing their membership materials. You can only join by phone, you can not be signed up by accident. If you don't follow the rules and cancel in the 30 days several reviewers said they got up to four months refunded, which is way beyond the terms they agreed to when they signed up. Great company with many very satisfied customers including me.

Original review: April 11, 2016

I canceled the service with TLG Trvladv in 2014 and failed to realize until recent that the money continued to be taken out of my bank. I called as was told the account was active. I explained that I canceled it in 2014 and they refused to accept that they failed to cancel. I was told they record all conversations and so I asked that they listed back. They kept telling me that the account was closed today. I asked for my money back and was told it didn't qualify for reimbursement. When I asked what did qualify they became rude. I was told that I would received 4 months reimbursed and that is it. They didn't care when I stated I would file a complaint.

Original review: March 16, 2016

My 81-year-old mother asked me to help her review her credit card account. I found two charges from TLG each month for the entire 12 month period that is online. The charges are $12.99 and $13.99 each month. My mother has no idea who this company is or how they obtained her credit card information. I have disputed these charges with her credit card company. When I googled TLG, I found hundreds of complaints about TLG on several different websites. This company needs to be stopped. What can be done? Is there a class action lawsuit that I can join? Is there any sort of investigation into this company? They are stealing money from many people and a large percentage of victims appear to be elderly. Is this company somehow related to Haband? I have read complaints from people who believe the charges began soon after placing an order with Haband? Something needs to be done about this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trilegiant?

Original review: March 9, 2016

Similar to most of the reviews, I was buying a ticket from Spirit Airlines (Another corporation that scams you) and I was charged (2) $1, 4 days after my flight. I noticed it a couple weeks later. I called the phone number on the charged they said I had to submit a form of cancellation. I mailed it in, never heard from them again, looked at my account 7 months later and they had been charging me $16.99 inconsistently over the course of the 7 months and in one month they charged me twice (2). I called again, they said they couldn't do anything but stop the charges. I asked for a manager. They said they could only reimburse me 4 charges, I accepted them. When I checked my credit card statement they had only reimbursed me 3 charges. I finally reported them on my credit card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

Stayed at a Super 8 and got swindled by these people. I cancelled but the charges kept coming. How can this be legal? These people are thieves. They have paid out in the form of class action suits in the past but they have not changed their ways. Be warned.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I recently noticed a pending transaction on my Discover Card in the amount of $19.99 from "SHOPPERS ADV" along with a toll-free phone number. After my initial confusion, I searched by transaction history and found that I had accumulated a total of TWENTY charges from both Shopper's Advantage and Great Fun, both charged monthly and both in the amount of $19.99. The initial charges were both from the same date and both in the amount of $1.00 each. My charges totaled $361.82.

After collecting all aforementioned information along with dates, I called the number listed for Shopper's Advantage. The representative with whom I spoke was friendly but did not want to cancel my memberships (Shopper's Advantage and Great Fun are the same company, but separate "programs"). Finally, he agreed to cancel my memberships but stated that I was not eligible for any type of refund and tried to end the call even though I had requested to speak with a supervisor. I interrupted him and demanded to speak with his supervisor, he relented and escalated the call to the next level.

The supervisor with whom I spoke was very professional, however, only offered to refund four months of charges. His reasoning was that I should have been more proactive in looking through my monthly credit card statements, and that I had agreed to the terms and conditions of the programs via phone back in November 2014. I then requested that the call be pulled so that I may prove or disprove my agreement. It was then that he offered to refund eight of the nine months for which I had been charged.

Why he was willing to refund eight months and not nine, I'm not sure. However, I agreed to his offer and decided that was my price for not paying attention to my credit card charges for nine consecutive months. Bottom line, if you want your charges refunded, KEEP PUSHING and DEMAND to speak to a SUPERVISOR and still KEEP PUSHING.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I was charged $16.99 for 7 months and it was unauthorized. I disputed these charges and got them removed but very inconvenient to do so.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

Signed up for a $30 credit on a ticketmaster purchased. They billed me $1 to join and never sent a membership package. Could not get a credit for $1 or for them to send me the membership package. Took 3 calls to get them to cancel, never received a confirmation that I had been canceled.

Trilegiant Company Information