1.26/5
Based on 151 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Trilegiant

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 6, 2017

769 Trilegiant Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

It was written to their site that once you reach $5 cash back on your account they will send you the check. I made my purchase on my 1st day trial and I earned more than $5 in my account after a week but until now no check has arrive and some of my purchases is missing. I emailed them regarding my purchases twice and they replied that it will take 4-8wks to process. I tried to call them as well but their rebate hotline will keep you on hold for long time. It's not worthy at all!

Original review: June 29, 2017

This company is stealing money from people and they are completely ok with it. I never signed up for this, asked for a rebate on anything, authorized a trial, nothing and when a customer service rep said I did and asked for my email and it wasn't my email they had on file, she tried to say I still authorized it. What kind of reputable company does this??? If someone makes a fraudulent charge they handle it and refund you. Now, they did refund me 4 months worth but what about MY OTHER MONEY. This is theft plain and simple and from what I've read from other reviews, I'm not the only this has happened to and they should not still be in business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: March 7, 2017

I signed up for the trial membership, cancelled within the terms of doing so, and was charged again, and again and then after a charge to Trilegiant came a string of credit card frauds to .com retailers. I cleaned that up and after months they decided to enroll me again without my permission. Again, this was followed by several credit card fraud charges. Do not give this site your CC number, you will be charged without your consent and your credit card information will be sold to whomever they like.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I was eligible for a rebate for buying concert tickets from Sleep Train Amphitheater. After waiting for Great Fun to send me the paper work I needed I had to go through the hassle of getting all the correct paperwork sent back to them. Once that was done I didn't hear anything back for three weeks until I called, at which point the paperwork still hadn't been processed.

A few days later I got a notification denying my rebate stating I did not have my purchase receipt when in fact I went to the live nation site and printed my confirmation/purchase receipt because that is the only thing they offered. Waste of my time and still pissed I didn't get my money. Not to mention they sign you up for a subscription that you can't cancel until you get the rebate (if you get it) and it charges you monthly. So even if you do get your rebate you will still probably be charged for a 'Great Fun' subscription because it takes them so long for them to get you any form of documentation. Highly don't recommend any type of service from them!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Found out about this company when purchasing tickets through Allegiant Airlines. After I purchased them, it said I could receive a $50 rebate for the tickets if I signed up for Great Fun. I did as it asked; signed up, paid the $1 and before the 30 days were up, I had no issue getting ahold of a live person and they quickly cancelled my subscription as asked. I also received my rebate check a lot sooner than expected (it said 6-8 weeks and I received it in about 4). Very pleased with this experience. Didn't have any trouble cancelling and I legitimately received my rebate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trilegiant?

Original review: July 25, 2016

Ordered Tickets through Ticketmaster. At the end of the order a message was there to call 877-661-3616 to get a $30 rebate, no mention of having to join "Great Fun". After denying to join Great Fun I was told the $30 rebate is not available. This is false advertising!

Original review: July 20, 2016

Do not fall for their $50 rebate scam. I have been waiting for over 3 mos to get my rebate. Every time I call I get a different excuse. I was told the check was in the mail. Then when it never showed, I was told I need to fill out a coupon and return it. NO ONE ever told me or sent a coupon. I asked them to re-email it and they said they could not do that. This reads as a stall tactic and that is precisely what they are doing!!! My advise is "Don't Bother"...

Original review: May 24, 2016

Funny how the people claiming that Great Fun is a scam are the ones that did not pay attention to what was being said to them over the phone and how it works. To get your rebate, you have to call a # during which they will tell you the terms to which you are agreeing - a 30-day free trial IF you cancel at the end of the 30 days, otherwise people you WILL BE BILLED. Your fault for forgetting to cancel or not realizing you signed up for anything! They will also try to sell you a second membership into some shoppers club for another $1. Just decline that one. Simple.

Wait for your membership materials to be emailed to you (about a week). Create an account on the Great Fun site at that time and print/mail your rebate form with receipt. Make sure to cancel within your 30 days! You do not have to wait until you receive your rebate check to do so, otherwise you're going to be well beyond the 30 days most likely.

I received my $30 Ticketmaster check in the mail about a week after cancelling. I also used a rebate form for movie tickets that I submitted before I cancelled - I've received that $15 check as well. A few days before cancelling, I also mailed in a restaurant rebate with receipt so still waiting on that $10 check. All in all, they will have paid me $55 and all I've paid is the $1 membership join fee to start the 30-day trial.

Worked for me! Again, those that are complaining are the ones that did not understand exactly how the program worked and therefore there is no one to blame but yourself. Don't call Great Fun a scam if you forgot to cancel, or didn't wait for your membership materials before cancelling, or didn't print out and mail your rebate form within the allotted time, or didn't include your receipt, etc.

Original review: May 7, 2016

This company somehow acquired my credit card number, linked with a purchase from a Tiger Direct purchase rebate. They claimed I signed up for their service, via... then you are subscribed after 30 days if you do not cancel, a check in a box, does not give a credit card number, how they got that is unclear. They also said I was a member, so that is why I was being billed monthly. However, when attempting to log into my so called membership page, it kicked back saying no one with my email was in their system. So they are not even clever enough to lie in order to cover up a lie. Stay clear of this place!

Updated on 05/24/2016: Just got off the phone, with MasterCard, for the 2nd time in as many weeks. I had an ongoing charge on my CC, for $16.99. It was from a TLG/Shoppers Advantage company. It is supposedly a shopping club. The first time 2 weeks ago, via a 3 way conference call with MC and TLG, I was told I signed up for their service, while applying for a rebate for an item purchased from Tiger Direct. They said I checked a box to do a 30 free trial. It also, I was told, said that after 30 days, if I did not cancel, they would sign me up, and charge my credit card.

First, I never checked any box. Second, I would NEVER join a buyer's club. Third, during this rebate process, I would NEVER include my CC # for a mfg rebate. For rebates, you show proof of purchase and from where, you do not show how you paid for the item. So, how did TLG get my CC #. Only place would be from Tiger. So, 2 weeks ago, MC and I stopped any further billing, CANCELLED my non-existent membership. I know it was non-existent, as I tried to log in with my email, and it said no such email existed in their system. So, that brings us to today. I looked at recent transactions, and 'snap', here is a $16.99 charge from TLG!!!

I went nuts. Called MC. Real nice lady looked through my account, and saw all this recent activity, then she said "hold on". She called this TLG. I told her to call the Sheriff too. When she came back to me, she said TLG told her I had TWO accounts, and I only requested to cancel ONE!!! So, I was still an active member. ** to that. I told the nice lady, "that was total bull". If I had two accounts, my bill should have been $33.98 per month, for two accounts. MC is going to credit me the recent 16.99. So, beware of Tiger Direct, and Rebates, and NEVER join or even talk about Buyer's Clubs.

Original review: May 3, 2016

I know people only write reviews to complain so I thought I would put my two cents in. I have saved thousands of dollars over the years in various "clubs" offered by Trilegiant. I have found their customer service to be helpful and courteous. People who complain are offered a membership for a 30 day period after a purchase from another website usually with some sort of rebate included. They are given a phone number to call to cancel after reviewing their membership materials. You can only join by phone, you can not be signed up by accident. If you don't follow the rules and cancel in the 30 days several reviewers said they got up to four months refunded, which is way beyond the terms they agreed to when they signed up. Great company with many very satisfied customers including me.

Original review: April 11, 2016

I canceled the service with TLG Trvladv in 2014 and failed to realize until recent that the money continued to be taken out of my bank. I called as was told the account was active. I explained that I canceled it in 2014 and they refused to accept that they failed to cancel. I was told they record all conversations and so I asked that they listed back. They kept telling me that the account was closed today. I asked for my money back and was told it didn't qualify for reimbursement. When I asked what did qualify they became rude. I was told that I would received 4 months reimbursed and that is it. They didn't care when I stated I would file a complaint.

Original review: March 16, 2016

My 81-year-old mother asked me to help her review her credit card account. I found two charges from TLG each month for the entire 12 month period that is online. The charges are $12.99 and $13.99 each month. My mother has no idea who this company is or how they obtained her credit card information. I have disputed these charges with her credit card company. When I googled TLG, I found hundreds of complaints about TLG on several different websites. This company needs to be stopped. What can be done? Is there a class action lawsuit that I can join? Is there any sort of investigation into this company? They are stealing money from many people and a large percentage of victims appear to be elderly. Is this company somehow related to Haband? I have read complaints from people who believe the charges began soon after placing an order with Haband? Something needs to be done about this company!

Original review: March 9, 2016

Similar to most of the reviews, I was buying a ticket from Spirit Airlines (Another corporation that scams you) and I was charged (2) $1, 4 days after my flight. I noticed it a couple weeks later. I called the phone number on the charged they said I had to submit a form of cancellation. I mailed it in, never heard from them again, looked at my account 7 months later and they had been charging me $16.99 inconsistently over the course of the 7 months and in one month they charged me twice (2). I called again, they said they couldn't do anything but stop the charges. I asked for a manager. They said they could only reimburse me 4 charges, I accepted them. When I checked my credit card statement they had only reimbursed me 3 charges. I finally reported them on my credit card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

Stayed at a Super 8 and got swindled by these people. I cancelled but the charges kept coming. How can this be legal? These people are thieves. They have paid out in the form of class action suits in the past but they have not changed their ways. Be warned.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I recently noticed a pending transaction on my Discover Card in the amount of $19.99 from "SHOPPERS ADV" along with a toll-free phone number. After my initial confusion, I searched by transaction history and found that I had accumulated a total of TWENTY charges from both Shopper's Advantage and Great Fun, both charged monthly and both in the amount of $19.99. The initial charges were both from the same date and both in the amount of $1.00 each. My charges totaled $361.82.

After collecting all aforementioned information along with dates, I called the number listed for Shopper's Advantage. The representative with whom I spoke was friendly but did not want to cancel my memberships (Shopper's Advantage and Great Fun are the same company, but separate "programs"). Finally, he agreed to cancel my memberships but stated that I was not eligible for any type of refund and tried to end the call even though I had requested to speak with a supervisor. I interrupted him and demanded to speak with his supervisor, he relented and escalated the call to the next level.

The supervisor with whom I spoke was very professional, however, only offered to refund four months of charges. His reasoning was that I should have been more proactive in looking through my monthly credit card statements, and that I had agreed to the terms and conditions of the programs via phone back in November 2014. I then requested that the call be pulled so that I may prove or disprove my agreement. It was then that he offered to refund eight of the nine months for which I had been charged.

Why he was willing to refund eight months and not nine, I'm not sure. However, I agreed to his offer and decided that was my price for not paying attention to my credit card charges for nine consecutive months. Bottom line, if you want your charges refunded, KEEP PUSHING and DEMAND to speak to a SUPERVISOR and still KEEP PUSHING.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I was charged $16.99 for 7 months and it was unauthorized. I disputed these charges and got them removed but very inconvenient to do so.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

Signed up for a $30 credit on a ticketmaster purchased. They billed me $1 to join and never sent a membership package. Could not get a credit for $1 or for them to send me the membership package. Took 3 calls to get them to cancel, never received a confirmation that I had been canceled.

Original review: July 23, 2015

I joined Shoppers Advantage to try the service and was offered a $50 Wal-Mart Gift card and was not able to redeem the gift card. After trying for months I finally spoke to a nasty individual from the president office who and basically told me they weren't giving me a gift card because the membership was cancelled and my information was not in the system although I have the disclosure that says they'll give the gift card whether you're a member or not.

Original review: July 20, 2015

I purchased their spray on grass seed (worthless). They contacted me about a membership. After five no's for a dollar I said "fine, but I will cancel as soon as I get product." I did cancel four days later. Then 30 days later they pulled two separate amounts out of checking account. Called first they couldn't find my account. Then six phone calls later they still haven't replaced money and their guarantee grass seed has no guarantee. I am at my wits end, ANY suggestions?

Original review: June 16, 2015

SCAM! These guys are WORSE than the SCARM ARTIST in a NY SUBWAY where you have to GUESS which CUP is HIDING the BALL. DEVILISH telemarketing that SWINDLES you out of LOTS of MONEY under the pretense you will save a lot of money on discounts. What they DON'T TELL YOU is that if you sign up for one, you inadvertently SIGNED UP for SEVERAL OTHER COMPANIES (BUYERS ADVANTAGE & GREAT FUN) that end up CHARGING YOUR CARD. The telemarketers became ANGRY and tried to HANG UP ON ME when I politely insisted on CANCELING my service. They COUDN'T even GIVE me a CANCELATION NUMBER via email but had to give it to me OVER THE PHONE so that I could EASILY FORGET it when they KEEP CHARGING MY CARD. EVERYTHING is set up to SERVE THE COMPANY and NOT the CUSTOMER. Trilegiant is DECEITFUL, ALOOF, AND DISHONEST.

Original review: June 2, 2015

Knowing better I signed up for Trilegiant TLG shopper but have been billed double. Trilegiant says I also signed up for TLG fun. I did not, and after thirty minutes on the phone with someone from India I managed to get the TLG fun account canceled, I hope. I then called a US number and I hope I got the TLG shopper account closed. The salesperson is a sweet talker and I fell for it. MY BAD.

Original review: May 30, 2015

I was offered a 50.00 gift card from Wal-Mart in exchange for a trial service from Great Fun for 1.00. I never receive the 50.00 gift card.

Original review: May 26, 2015

To put it in short - Like all the reviews here, I cancelled my account within 30 days.... but little did I know I signed up for 2 different companies. They tell you you sign up for one thing and don't tell you you still have an account with another company they are affiliated with. So when I cancelled Great Fun's and the money still come out of my account, I had to ring again and again. So hard to get hold of them. Eventually got through and they told me that my account is cancelled with them but not with Buyers Advantage (Trilegiant). So they put me through to this company and once again it was such a hassle. I really think this is illegal!!

Original review: May 7, 2015

I purchased an Allegiant Air ticket and was somehow signed up for the Shopper's Advantage program - which I did not authorize. I was recently going through my bank statements and discovered they have been charging me $16.99 a month! I called and they refused to refund my money.

Original review: April 24, 2015

I joined Great fun as a trial. When I quit I had never received the $100.00 that was promised. I called and told them. Eventually I did receive 2 $50.00 vouchers. There was never a mention of it being only for motels. We do not use motels as we have a travel trailer and that is all we use, secondary to medical equipment. So as for the vouchers they are useless. I believe this is a rip off and will discourage anyone I know from using Trilegiant or any of its companies.

Original review: April 21, 2015

Just like the other people. Tried to cancel but I still got charged $16.99 for 3 months. I called within 30 days. But you have make two phone calls to cancel this scam (Shopper advantage and travelers something). You will be on hold for a long time and listen to at least 10 reasons why you should not cancel. Run as fast as you can, this is A scam!!!

Original review: April 17, 2015

I suffered the same experience as so many others. I signed up for Great Fun, and got charged for a second service -- Buyers Advantage. This transaction was not authorized. I contacted my bank to file a complaint against Trilegiant, and I contact the Attorney General Office (AGO) in CO. I believe people on this board need to contact their Attorney General in order to put these guys out of business. These boards for filing complaints is good when it comes to warning others, but the only way legal action will take place is if enough complaints can be filed with the AGO. The charges are small, so it travels below the radar, and one case by itself is not pursuing, but if you have thousands of complaints -- the $$ adds up!

Original review: April 9, 2015

Have discovered 6 unauthorized charges, each for $16.99, over the past three months, totaling $112.99. I have never heard of the company and certainly did not authorize the charges. Charges were made to my Capitol One Credit Card.

Original review: April 8, 2015

First off I had purchased tickets for my kids to see Frozen on Ice. During the conversation I was offered a 25 dollar rebate plus another 25 dollar rebate if I pay a dollar to be a member through shopper’s advantage. I cancelled and they still promised my rebate. I never got it, and then they billed me twice 16.99 plus continued to bill me even though I cancelled. I called back, string cancelled, and they told me no, I didn't. Both people would not accept no for an answer when I told them to cancel my account until I got angry. This is the worst company! With false promises that just want to steal your money.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I just noticed a $16.99 on my account, that I didn't make. I googled the name and still didn't recognize the company. So I decided to give them a call. It took 10 minutes just to get someone in the line. Finally an Indian man named ** answered the phone. I gave him all the information that was on my statement and my name. He put me on hold for five minutes to find my name. He finally got back on the phone and informed me that when I booked a flight for Spirit that they signed me up for a rebate with Great Fun for $1, and they also signed me up for Shoppers Advantage.

I informed him that I cancelled my Great Fun account. He then laughs and says I had to cancel the Shoppers Advantage account as well. I then tell them I would like to cancel it right now. He then tells me since I'm a new member he would like for me to go over to their website and see what they had to offer. I tell him I would like to cancel again. He then says I will take some money off and now you will only have to pay $13.99. Lol. I then politely say I would like to cancel for the 3rd time. He gave me the cancellation number and I hang up. Wth kind of company is this?

Trilegiant Company Information