1.39/5

132 Stores Online Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

I ordered 50 drawstring bags for a party and paid $49 EXTRA FOR expedited shipping and the bags were NOT delivered on time and were not shipped expedited! I got the bags 3 days AFTER my party. I paid to have them delivered by that date and were sent regular delivery! TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! They offered to refund my $$, but I really wanted was the bags for my swim team!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have been a steady customer of Stores Online since 2007. Up until now, my experience has been good. But, I have been trying to get their help to update my site with a new security SSI Certificate from GoDaddy for the last 11 days. I am out of business and they are not helping or responding to my request. So, I am now desperate and fear I may have to go out of business. I would like to move my site but they are not answering the question if their software is proprietary.

Get expert buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I too was sucked in by all of the hype and just wanting to nail down a business to change my financial situation. I bought the so called Platinum package in June of 2010. It cost me over $6300 for which I really didn't have but understanding you must spend money to make money. Like many of the others I received absolutely no help trying to get the websites going. I continued trying on my own which led me nowhere. I really want my money back. Why would anyone already not making money continue to invest in something that's absolutely not yielding a return? I Googled them and see they're doing business as a company called Crexendo Inc. out of Arizona.

I called the number listed and it seems as if they're still scamming but on a different level. They claim to want to help you with your existing website. They are offering help with setting up coupons for customers, how to figure out your taxation for products and how to itemize/customize products among other services. Like one of the other reviews stated they were young and impressionable as were I and it cost me. I would advise anyone looking to do business with them to NOT do it!!! So if there's a class action I definitely want in. It's a shame how they play on people's vulnerabilities. I was a single mom back then trying to secure a future for my 3 children. I still have the packet along with email correspondence from the person that was supposed to help me. All I can say is never again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Tried this in 2008. Could not get any of the help that was promised. After trying to work with it for several months, I was told I could not sell my adult products on the website. It was made perfectly clear to them before I signed anything what type of products I sold. Even with the products I have available that are not of adult nature I could not get this site to work. So without the promised help, I stopped paying because I felt I had been scammed. This evening I get a call from a collection agency saying I owe $11,000 to stores online because it was an interest bearing loan. I would like to know if anyone has spoke to an attorney about a class action suit against this company. From the previous reviews it sounds as if they are taking a lot of innocent people's hard earned money. They need to be stopped.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I was invited to attend a stores online in Charleston South Carolina in 2003. They made it sound like it was a good investment and that I would be help the entire way create a new website as well as selling the products. Initially they never said that my first customers would need a card before they could actually access the website and I have to purchase cards. When I ask for extra help they wanted to charge an extra $3,000 and when I didn't agree the representative actually hung up on me. I never made a dime. It was all a scam. I can't believe in 2016 they are still getting away with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stores Online?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

This was purchased in 2007, I had attended a conference in Washington DC. The pressure was huge, but what was advertised was not delivered. It is not a fluid or easy workable system, nor can you really put your own spin on it. I spent more time being frustrated than productive. I put a lot of time into this system to make it workable but it was impossible, the help received from the staff was superficial and never really fixed anything. They made it sound like there would be a coach to walk you through the setup process and beyond like they really wanted you to succeed.

That is not the case, I was never able to get the help and some of the advice given on the phone had nothing to do with reality and was not viable. I worked with this system for 2 years before I called it quits. I sold very little and was not able to even come close to recoup loss of initial investment and I at the time I stopped I had gained little insight as to how the system actually works due to the lack of help.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I received the invitation to a free dinner from Stores Online. I called the number and signed up over the phone. The main reason I went was that this was my field and I wanted to see what they were doing. I went to the meeting and listened to the presentation. I even got $5.00 free because I raised my hand when the man asked if anybody wanted $5.00. What they offered sounded too good to be true - and it was. Then came the pitch for the second meeting. To attend that one would cost $50.00. I thought they were out to deceive people and wanted to know for sure. I paid the $50.00 and went to the second meeting. Before I went I did some research. Good web developers are always doing one research or another.

What I learned from bbb.org was they were banned in seven states and two whole countries for their business practices with an "F" rating on a scale of A+ to F. I printed all 26 pages of the report and took them with me. The second meeting was held at a casino in Laughlin, NV and drew well over 400 people. At the meeting I listened and remained quiet through things I knew were not as easy as they were portraying. Then I saw the outright lie and had to speak up. The speaker was demonstrating an online keyword search tool from a website that I knew had been bought by Yahoo and closed. When he typed in the address bar in the web browser he typed a path rather than a web address and popped up a picture of a page from the website.

The problem is that the picture was stored on the hard drive and he was not actually on the internet. He couldn't be because that site no longer existed. I stood up and asked him loudly why he had typed a path rather than a web address? I asked if he knew that that site no longer existed. He had to or he wouldn't have put the picture up. I asked if he could explain their "F" rating with the better business bureau and why they couldn't do business in Australia. At that point the guy seated in front of me turned around and told me to shut up. He wanted to learn this. I asked him if he really thought he was going to be able to learn in one afternoon what had taken me 10 years to learn.

Then a guy showed up behind me. He was even shorter than I am and very well dressed. He informed me that I was going to have to leave. He didn't impress me but the four guys behind him with no necks did. So I left. The four guys followed me. When I stopped at the elevator they told me I had to leave the building. I told them I didn't think so and produced a room key for that casino. They said that didn't matter and started pushing me towards the exit. At this point I started making such a commotion that the casino's security showed up. They said they were escorting me out. While they were talking to one guy I spoke to the guy with the supervisor badge and explained what had happened.

I showed him my room key which he verified. He explained to the private security that I was indeed a guest there and they would have to leave me alone. They were not happy. I went up to my room, grabbed a bunch of business cards and my laptop and then stood by the exit. When the flood of people came out of the hallway I had been forced to exit through I started offering my card and told them I would offer help if they needed it. Some people took the card. Some didn't. A few people stopped to ask if what I said was true. I opened the laptop and went to the page that had caused my early departure. There was the Yahoo banner saying the keyword search tool was no longer available and sorry for any inconvenience.

I gave away over 200 business cards that day. All total I talked on the phone or in person with about 75 of them. I didn't charge any of them a dime except for the three people that actually hired me to build a web site for them to make this work. I charged them half my going rate as they had already been taken to the cleaners once. Those people I taught many things. Like how to transfer their domain to a less expensive hosting provider and registrar. I told them how to research keywords, optimize titles and descriptions, and how to lace content with their keywords. As I have never used a drop shipper I was very little help with finding a good one. One of the women I was helping through this said that she had bought five sites at $5000.00 apiece. She felt incredibly ripped off. I don't blame her for feeling that way at all.

She also said that at least 300 of those people had made purchases that day. I felt badly for all of them except the guy that told me to shut up. I hope he lost a house out if it. I know a woman who did. I met her well after she had used their "service" and could do little to help her at that point. She just kept throwing more money at them trying to make it work which it never did. Eventually we did get a site up for her where she sold baby items that she crocheted. She didn't get rich off the site but did show a profit and made a little money. But nowhere near what she had lost. If anybody needs help with a site they have purchased from these scavengers I would be more than happy to help if I can. Whole sites will cost money but advice and knowledge are free.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I purchased with this company in 2007 to the tune of 6800 dollars. The promise of 6 certificate to start my online business, a book of instructions to get started with a DVD on how to proceed with eBay and nothing more. Needless to say I received no sites, no assistance with getting sites up and running and no online support. This is one of the worst companies and I feel it's a part of a pyramid scam. It draws people in and take their money. Sure they are rich because they have made their money off others. They served you lunch but they could afford it, after all it was your money they used.

I also feel like they should be made to pay everyone back that was falsely lead into buying into this scumbag company. My payments went into collection and so I therefore just finished paying this off so I could repair my credit. I had pack the items away and had started destroying some parts of it before I decided to check and see if there was any information out there about them. There should be a lawsuit against class action lawsuit brought against this company so that people can recoup their losses.

Anyone out there that is doing or a part of a lawsuit against this company, please keep me in the loop. I am so hoping they schedule another meeting in my area so I can go and warn others not to jump off that bridge with them because they'll be the only ones with a life vest on and anyone else will drown. Something really needs to happen because they are still out there doing the same thing, taking people's money and offering nothing in return.

Original review: July 7, 2016

These guys came up to Ottawa a few years back, and I bought in to their very appealing business venture, for a hefty sum of $6,500.00, with the promise that the package they offered would provide me with all the information I would need to successfully launch my business venture online. Apart from a few set templates and sample pages, it provided me with little to no assistance to set up my venture. After several unsuccessful attempts, and now subscribed to their monthly service for a recurring fee, I was no further ahead than before. I soon received a phone call from one of their reps (who certainly noticed my difficulties with setting up my site) who offered to help me... once I bought into the program.

Having already invested more than $6K for a service that was generating nothing to date, I was certainly reluctant to accept anything... just a little too cautious, and after speaking with the rep, a little suspicious. I enquired as to how he could help me, after which he proceeded with yet another sales pitch - with a hefty price tag of $7,000.00. No thank you! I hung up immediately, decided to cut my losses @ $6K... a costly lesson learned.

Be careful the initial presentation for any of you who have not yet seen it. They insist you purchase from them at the time of the presentation, and that any offer they presented would be void as soon as you walked out the door empty-handed. Word to the wise... keep your money, find a local mom and pop outfit for a lot less that can assist with SEO, and you'll be as successful, with money already in the bank - money that you would have otherwise spent for a sales pitch that doesn't deliver.

Original review: June 24, 2016

This company is a total scam... any positive reviews on this site and others are more than likely written by employees at Stores Online. I attended a sales seminar with the promise of a laptop - which was a very cheap useless toy. I gave it to a 4-year-old relative. They prey about vulnerable folks, give false statements and claims, and lie about their services. They do not disclose full costs including hosting fees, how difficult it truly is even for techies to set up and maintain websites and couple them with vendors. True answers can be found on Google. I plan on suing either individually or class action. High pressure guilt sales tactics. I was told in the seminar that there would be several future training sessions in mass included with the fees - never happened.

I was also told that their customer service was outsourced to call centers such as the Philippines, India, etc., where ENGLISH is not the native tongue. I spent 100's of hours with folks who not only did not understand nor speak English, they were poorly trained and half the time I ended up figuring out solutions myself. Truth be told with huge companies such as Home Shopping Network and QVC, whose model is to drop ship and they outsource every vendor, why in the world would anyone of us attempt to compete. There should be federal legislation to prevent fraudulent companies like this from operating. It is the similar sale pressure in the Timeshare industry. Walk out. Don't sign anything.

Stores Online Company Information