Ronco Showtime BBQ Rotisserie

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I use this machine about once or twice a week. I've been using it about 2 years now. Well today I put sausage in the basket and turned it on. Good thing I walked into the kitchen and caught it in time. Flames were to the ceiling of my kitchen. The whole machine was engulfed in flames. I unplugged it and threw a pitcher of water to make to go out. Set it and fire!!! And my machine is clean so this is not the reason for the fire. This is the first time I put sausage in it. I'm now afraid to use to machine and set it and forget it.

I have owned the showtime platinum edition for probably close to 15 years and use the ** out of it. The only complaints I have are the plastic supports (the one on the left broke years ago. I simply stick it back under, though I've vowed to repair it with high-temp epoxy) and the cord gets very hot most of the time. Otherwise, no problem -- and, as almost every review or complaint I see is with the company/customer service -- as is the case with MOST of these 'infomercial items' (well, that AND the shipping costs), BUY IT AT A STORE. You save shipping, and if there's an immediate problem (doesn't work, dented, etc), you can BRING IT BACK FOR AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND, no having to deal with overseas CS reps (who can promise you the world, but have no control whatsoever of fulfilling them) or a corrupt 'fulfillment company' who doesn't do what they're supposed to. Just saying...

I purchased two of the E-Z Store Rotisseries from Ronco in October, 2014. They arrived. One worked fine but the other never worked. Despite contacting the company numerous times, I have never received another unit, nor has my bank account been credited with a refund for the defective unit. At this time, all I want is my money back! Believe me I will NEVER buy another Ronco product!

Ronco 4000 - Plug gets hot very hot. On one occasion the plug started to melt. Can't use it, wrote the company and got no response.

Ordered a RONCO EZ Store Rotisserie in NOVEMBER and the item was sent to my house with MISSING ITEMS! I have not used the item because it's missing an item. Called them SO MANY TIMES only to have been told that the missing item was sent and "lost" in package. IT HAS NOW BEEN TWO MONTHS. Their customer service is the most terrible. I've been told that the issue was taken to their supervisors, but they wouldn't tell me the full names of the supervisors handling my case. AGAIN, IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS. Where are the missing items? OR BETTER YET, AND WHERE IS THE REFUND?! I'm not sure they'd even send a PREPAID SHIPPING LABEL, so I can ship this thing back to them and get a full refund. I'd have to spend money to ship it back. AWFUL COMPANY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ronco Showtime BBQ Rotisserie?

I got my first Ronco Rotisserie from a friend. I used it 4 times and the heating element does not heat up. I went online to order a new part and I called Ronco and they said you can't get parts for them. I got the phone number and the lady said they are not on their web site. I saw pictures of the parts, and they do have them. . I don't know why this Co. of Ronco can't speak the truth. I see a lot of people have bought their garbage as well. Why do they continue to allow these products to be sold? They start fires. Now I don't know if I do want to fix mine.

It caused my wall receptacle to melt. Now I can't plug anything else into it.

Last night we cooked a Pork loin roast in our Showtime grill. As I was leaning on my stove top where I had the Showtime on a wooden cutting board, I was adjusting the spits in the Showtime, when I felt a slight shock in my forearm. I immediately got my voltmeter and discovered a 35-volt AC reading between the metal housing of the Showtime and the metal stove frame. I also took a reading between my kitchen sink faucet and the Showtime to eliminate the possibility of the stove being hot but got the same reading of 35 volts AC.

The electrics of the Showtime are built into the plastic housing of the Showtime on the right side. The only place this Showtime could be electrified is through the heating elements. The AC cord for the unit is only two wires with no third wire grounding it. If it were a three-wire plug, the ground fault breaker plugs in my kitchen would immediately pop. This could have have very easily been fatal. I feel lucky.

I have owned and used the Ronco 4000 rotisserie for several years. I experienced a problem with the timer switch about a year ago and after finding out then how long a replacement shell would take to ship to me, I successfully resolved the problem myself.

Two weeks ago, I experienced another problem involving the settings switch which I was not able to resolve myself.

On October 20, 2011, I ordered a new shell for the rotisserie and was told on the telephone that it would be shipped to me within 5-10 business days and I would be sent an email when it was shipped.

On November 1,2011, I called to check on the order since 9 business days had passed and I had not received an email indicating shipment. I was told at that time that the item was not in stock and that their inventory information indicated that none were expected through the month of November. I was then told that if the item were to become available, I may expect delivery in 4-6 weeks. If it becomes available!

Given the millions of that item that Ronco has sold, this is a totally unacceptable and ridiculous situation. Replacement parts should be available off the shelf for immediate shipment. Not having replacement parts available for such a popular item is very poor business practice.

After a year of using the rotisserie that I am still paying for ($269), I was cooking a roast and the next thing I knew, it started on fire. I heard popping noises and saw the heating element in flames. I then unplugged it and called them.

I was informed they only guarantee their product for 6 months! I’m glad I didn’t leave the house like they advertised. It would have burned down my house.

I am now out $269. I have emailed the company and have gotten no response. When I called back, they said to just plug it in and it will work (apparently this happens a lot). It did not work.

I called back and they said I could not get a heating element but I could pay shipping and handling to send it to them to fix. I was then cut off. When I called back seconds later, they were closed. It was 2:00 PM Pacific time.

This doesn't say much for this company if they don't stand behind their product.

I ordered hair products on August 30, 2010. Here it is November 18, 2010 and I still haven't received them. I called customer service after the 6 weeks and was told it would be sent by October 22. A customer service rep called me last week to see how I liked the knives. I said I didn't order knives, but I would like to ask you about the hair products I ordered. She said, "They are back ordered." And as I attempted to ask another question, she hung up on me.

I called today and the response I received was again "it is back ordered" with a promise that it will be sent at the end of November. I'm not holding my breath. At least they haven't charged my account yet. I do have to say, I have ordered these products twice in the past and though it took 6 weeks to receive them, I did receive them. Another complaint, the cost of shipping was the same cost as the product. I ship items all the time by UPS and it has never cost that much. This is the last time I will order from them. Poorly run company.

I ordered from a TV ad special - buy one set of knives get the second free. They have arrived and the first set of knives cost $39.99 and list the second set as free. But my credit card was billed another $43.40 for shipping and handling. The knives are not heavy and Pacoima Ca, is less than 100 miles from my home. I am outraged at these shipping costs but I immediately went online to see if I could contact the company or find out more about it and all I read about is how they have scammed everyone one way or another.

I feel like it would be useless to contact them as they either do not return e-mail, won't answer the phone, or hang up on you. I could try sending the knives back but would have to send them certified as they constantly tell others they they never have received the returned products and won't reimburse them. Plus, why would they reimburse me for shipping charges when they actually shipped the product. It just seems they they have all the answers and I have no recourse.

I ordered the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie back in May 2010. When I finally received the box, all that was there was the oven shell and manual. Weeks later, other accessories such as the knives, had finally arrived. However, I had still not received the spit rods (which are essential for the machine's operation). They claimed these parts were on back order, and could not give a definite time frame for delivery.

After more weeks of waiting, I finally decided to pack up the items and send it back. It's been 2 weeks now and my bank account has still not been credited for the amount paid. I think we all need to file for a class action lawsuit against this company! I am unemployed now, and am in a financial bind. Not having this money refunded, is placing even more undue financial stress, and difficulty paying bills. My cellphone is soon to be cut off as a result. Need help!

I purchased the set of knives they advertised in the infomercial for $39.99. The next day I contacted them to cancel the order and they said to contact them the next day. The next day I contacted them and they said they can't cancel because they already shipped the product. When I received the knives I noticed they charged me $43.40 for shipping. They never advised me that shipping will be that much. I paid $39.99 and $43.40 total of $83.39.

Please be aware this company is a scam. The knives felt and looked cheap. I returned them and I paid only $19.12 to send everything back including insurance and taxes. There is no way USPS charged them $43.40 for shipping. They get you in the shipping charges. They say the shipping charges are not refundable. I got scammed for $102.39. I will be lucky to get a refund of $39.99 from them. Do not buy anything from Ronco.

I made an order with this company for a set of 2 knives for $83.89. I was told that I would get them in 4-6 weeks. This was placed, I believe, the 1st of March. I called today because I still have not gotten the items paid for. I was told that it was delivered already. I explained that if it was delivered, I didn't get them and there must be a mistake. The man I spoke to said that he is going to send me an affidavit to fill out and then they will reship my order. I just read all of these complaints and just want my money back. I know that it probably won’t happen, but I won’t let this rest if it doesn't.

We bought 2 sets of knives a few years ago. Both scissors have broken, and the handle on the paring knife has broken. When the knife broke, the handle slipped, and I cut a hunk off the tip of my middle finger on the left hand. The company said they would replace them, but we had to pay shipping and handling charges. They should pay me for my finger. Warning to the public,do not buy these knives they are dangerous, and you will not get any help if you have a problem. All you get is someone in India to talk to, and all they say is "it is company policy". The company has no customer service. If you have bought the knives, then cancel your order if possible, and save yourself from a lot of problems.

I ordered a set of knives from an ad I had seen on TV from a company called RonCo. They billed my debit card over two months ago 116 dollars and I still haven't received my order. They said it would take one to six weeks. I've tried numerous times to contact them but I never can get hold of anyone. In my eyes that's no different than stealing or robbery, and if there's anyone who has any info on what I should do, please let me know. I don't see how that can even be legal; it's no different than someone setting up a website to sell something, taking people's money and not sending the product.

I have been reading about the poor service by Ronco. I just want these people to know that contacting their State Attorney General’s office may be their savings grace. I have in the past and everything was resolved in days.

I ordered a knife block on 01/03/10. I called the customer service a week after the debt was on my account and was told that it shipped FedEx and would arrive on 01/25/10. On 01/26/10, I called customer service and was told it would arrive on 01/27/10 and was given the FedEx tracking number. When I tracked it, there was nothing. The item arrived on 01/28/10 by US postal. I am sure that I was charged for FedEx shipping that I did not receive. Beware of the costs that this company charges you, you are not getting what you pay for.

When I called the 1-800 number to ask before ordering, the person would not answer any questions before my giving him my name and address. AND HERE IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM: even though the tv ad indicates we would be able to order and get a second set with only shipping and handling charge, the total price for the order was over $175.00. The knife set is supposed to be 2 payments of $33. which equals $66. Therefore, shipping and handing for 2 sets of knives is $104. Note: I just paid to have a motorcycle shipped from Pennsylvania to Texas, and paid $120. That's 16-dollars more than 2 sets of Ronco knives.

Rotisserie part broke on 11/08. contacted company on 3 different occasions about part, and have yet to receive it.

Last contact was 07/10/09,and was told part would arrive in 90 days. still no part, and have not heard from them.

Just e-mailed them again and will call again next week.

I think its pitiful that I have been unable to use this for a year, considering what I paid for it. It was the deluxe edition.

My story is similar to other complaints. I did not the reputation of Ronco. I mistakenly ordered 2 sets of knives. I immediately (within 2 minutes) attempted to cancel the order. My credit card was charged. The order was placed on a Sunday. I called first thing Monday morning to cancel. I was told it was too late, the order had shipped. I was instructed to refuse the shipment. I did so. Ronco says they never received the knives back and will not issue a refund. Have contaact them repeatedly. Will not answer emails. Un-cooperative on the phone.Thieves, liars, crooks.

Well I ordered the six star like everyone else over a year ago. Well after many call and pretending to be someone else I am finaly getting my product. EVERYONE fax CESAR at 818-253-3862. Do this over and over and over again you will get a call back also call Joana at 800-463-3339 you may have called this number before but ask for ext-6022 also do this over and over. This is how I got my product after a year....

The dial to my rotisserie broke after about 24 uses. These things happen. What shouldn't happen is the runaround I've gotten to obtain a new dial. E-mails are not returned and each time I call "customer service," I'm told in a rather curt manner to call back in 2 weeks. This has caused extreme annoyance and it's hard to use the rotisserie now. We use it a lot in summer by setting it in the garage. Now, I don't know when the food is cooked. I can't just "set it and forget it."

I purchased a ronco showtime oven on Mar 21st. 2005 with an extended service contract good for four years plus six months. i contaced ronco on 3/17/09 by fax and provided my warrany information, explained the oven was not heating. Repeated calls are ignored, they promise to honor the warranty but no one responds. Indians answer the phone and repeatedly lie.

I purchased the Ronco Rotisserie as a Christmas gift from my mother. I purchased it from Kohls. I mailed the proper documents to Ronco to receive my $30 rebate. I believe I mailed it before Christmas. As of today, May 19, 2009, I have not received my $30 rebate. I will try to contact them, since I have not done so yet. However, I'm not very confident that I will get anywhere. Class action lawsuit?

purchased showtime pro in dec.2008. Gear wheels with nonstick rods broke. I want a new one at ronco's warranty guarantee. I will not pay shipping or other expenses. The phone numbers i was given were bogus. I will contact the better business bureau and our state attorney general office of consumers affairs if this is not handled within a timely manner. 5 to 7 business days, and I expect a response from your company. I have read of all the complaints from your company and I will take action if nothing is done and I get the runaround. I will be waiting for your response.

We contacted your company in December 2007 to get a few of our knives replaced as they were broke. We followed the proper procedures to send them back in with a check for $10.00 to get them replaced or fixed. We sent in the knives and a $10.00 check that has cashed for shipping back in January 2008. It was sent Fedex to show your company received everything. Please see all the enclose documentation. After many times to contact your company and receiving a different person and story each time. Please see the enclosed notes of our many many attempts to contact your company over 16 times to complete our request.

This is horrible customer service. I am going to contact the BBB and report this. You many have a great product but your service levels are unacceptable. I am faxing you this ever week until this has been resolved.

I purchased my Ronco Rotisserie in December 2008 from a kitchen store in my town. I have no complaint about the product. I sent in the rebate offer way before the deadline of January 09 and have heard nothing back from the company including the rebate. It has been over 4 months.

I bought 2 rotisserie ovens and was supposed to get a rebate on them. I mailed them in December and January. As of yet, I have not received them. I keep getting different excuses from them. I talked to them on 3/16/09 and was told they would forward my info to the corporate office because a new company took over. Now I'm being told my check was mailed on 2/28/09 by Caroline. One of the customer service reps I talked to just minutes before this told me I had to resubmit everything or I wasn't going to get my rebate. I don't believe either of them.

Ronco Showtime BBQ Rotisserie Company Profile