Government Grant Scams

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Like Beverly, more than likely does, I have a 504 area code. However, I reside in San Antonio, TX. I received those same calls but I looked online and saw it was a scam. So, for ** and giggles I blocked my number and called the "account manager". First, a guy with a thick Indian accent asked me who I was and why was I calling. I never answered the "who I was" but said, "I was told to call you." He asked, "for what?" I said, "in regards to the free grant money." He said, okay and asked me for the alpha-numeric code I was given. I purposely gave him XTX0245, which was the wrong code. He replied to confirm XVS0246, which was the correct code that was given to me by the first caller (I received a call about 5 min. prior and was given a completely different code). So, still trying to figure out how he knew that it was me although I blocked my number.

I still played along just to see where the conversation would go. I told me that in order to receive my "free" grant money I needed to go to the nearest CVS or Walgreen's and to call him when I got in the parking lot. So, I acted as if I didn't understand the instructions and asked him the reason for going to Walgreen's or CVS. His reply was, "to get the registration card so you can get your $9000." I asked, "what registration card?" He used the same rebuttal, "the registration card so you can get your $9000."

So I changed the question. I asked the, "what does the registration card from Walgreen's or CVS look like?" He then asked me if I was familiar with an iTunes card. I said yes, but why does the government need me to get an iTunes card in order to receive my "free money?" He said because money can't be transferred from that card and to keep that card with me and once I called registered with that card I would receive my now $9200 within 15 minutes. I then asked if he worked for the government? He replied, yes.

I then asked him for his government ID #. He responded by asking me for the last for digits of my SSN. I told him I don't give out my SSN. He then replied, "why don't you want to give me your SSN? Are you an illegal immigrant or something?" I said, "no, it's just that I receive grants from the government all the time for going to school..." He cut me off and said, and you have to pay those back, but I'm the one giving you a free grant. I politely tried to correct him and tell him that only loans get paid back, not grants. He began to get frustrated and called me a liar. I told him, "if you work for the "grant department" you should know that."

Before he could reply I asked him where he was calling from. He replied NY, which I had already did a reverse look-up of the number and saw that the number was from Syracuse. I asked where in New York? He replied, New York City. I told him that I had already looked the number up and saw he was calling from an untraceable internet number. He said, "yes, and where are you, in a cardboard box?" I actually thought that was pretty funny, so I laughed.

That seemed to make him mad though as most Indians do when you laugh at them. He then told me that I was no longer eligible for the "free" grant money and to go get the $9000 from somewhere else. Then he hung up on me. I did all of that just to see how far these folks will go. I'm a sales professional and know that there's a lot of gullible people out there that would truly give their last $200 because they're convinced that they will receive that $9000 dollars in 15 minutes. I wouldn't want anything like that to happen to any of my loved ones nor would I want the same to happen to anyone else's.

So me and my husband just got a call from a "restricted" number. The foreign lady said we won a government grant of $9,500 for paying our taxes and no criminal record. We do not have to pay it back. So when she finished she gave us the other number to call to claim our grant. The number was 202-888-4097 and the reference number was **. This lady was very rude and asked where we wanted the money sent, I said a check. She didn't ask for my address or anything. She said "ok I send a check" and hung up on me. So I called back and asked her how could she without knowing an address, she hung up again. Long story short, I called back and let them know I knew it was scam and they need to stop trying to steal hard working Americans' money. That really ticked her off and she went ballistic. She keeps calling back to back now to argue. So I told them I was turning them in and she got even more furious.

Got a call from 1-132-454-4535 this morning. The woman with poor English knew my name and since I don't make much money, informed me I qualify for a $3500 one time only government grant. The phone number comes from China and sure enough they wanted my SS number in order to receive the grant...told her "the US government doesn't give money away only takes it" and hung up.

In the past few days I have gotten several calls tell me I qualified for a $9000 grant from the US government. I have gotten this call months ago & asked them to remove me from their list & hung up. Came from Washington DC number (202) 444-4444 & (202) 681-3787. Today I got call after call until I tried to call the number back & talked to a man with a thick Indian accent - same story - this time write down a Financial Dept Phone Number (914) 355-9728 & a confirmation #US 330. He knew my name, address, email, and clearly phone number.

I called the NY number & had another man in a thick accent mocking me & asking me if I murdered someone and was calling to confess. I hung up - they called me back and gave me the name "John **". Again - very odd attempt at conversation and man said I was calling his cell phone several times. Going to block all numbers that called & are involved - but most disturbing is the amount of info he already had on me - all my basic personal info. Why is no one official looking into this? Names they dropped: US Treasury Dept. Grants from the Administration of Human Health and Services. Annoying as ** & also lame to try to get people's hopes up & how did they get our info?

I received (2) phone calls yesterday from unknown phones and (1) today from a Moroccan number +212 8 85 64 75 8. All callers used American names with a very heavy foreign accent, each told me I had been awarded a grant, each time I asked them to send me something via mail or take me off the call list. The lady today said they can't send me anything via mail and that they would continue to call. The next time I will talk to them further to see what information they ask for and will take the situation from there. I am smart enough to know obviously a scam similar to IRS scam. They would not call. They would send information via mail. Will update once I get another call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

This is the third time I have received a call from Federal Grants. The woman on the phone, told me 1500 people were selected to receive 8500. The criteria for selection is that an individual has no criminal record or bankruptcy. She gave me a personal confirmation number and the phone number that a personal accountant would be waiting. I was told I needed to do this immediately. She also asked in what form of payment and listed the choices as cash in hand, direct deposit or visa debit card. Something seemed off about this. I researched Federal Grants and was led to this site.

I received 2 call from Washington DC area (202) 409-9177. The second was an Indian accent man who began explaining that I had been selected for a grant (around $7500 or so, not important) out of a select group of citizens. Ha ha,"nonsense I thought to myself." Before he could continue his "pitch", I asked him, "if you are affiliated with the US government, can you tell me who our current Secretary of State is?" He stammered and asked, "can you hear me?" I said yes, and repeated my question. He replied, "can you tell me who it is?" I laughed, and replied loudly, "Scam!" Then, I hung up and looked up this online, which is where I am now. Beware folks, and get the message out.

So I got a call today from miss Annabelle ** from the "treasury department"??? She was a lovely lady with a thick Asian accent who informed me that my great government randomly selected lil ol me to receive 7000 of them free $Frogskins$. They print over yonder next to her office! Dang boy I was hooting & a hollering. I was so dang happy! Had a dodo eating grin on my face that's for damn sure??? She didn't ask for my bank info or nothing! Just gave me a top secret code that I was warned not to tell a soul or somebody might scam me, impersonate me & claim all the loot! So I thanked her for the warning & promised I wouldn't.

After that she informed me "in a sincere tone" that I would need to go ahead & take $225 with me though to pay for activation fees & things like that. You know how it is... There's always some kinda hidden fees??? But that's the world we live in I reckon... so I whipped out my beat up billfold my grampa gave me when I was 10 & started counting... 1,2,3,4... Dangit! But he always taught me to have a secret stash so the women folk wouldn't know exactly how much I was worth so I dug deep in that thing. I found 3 folded up 100 dollar bills from 1988 in a side pocket??? Then told me to call another number to get the ball rolling... so I said "well bless your heart" & thanked her kindly & told her that if I could I'd kiss her momma for raising such a wonderful, sweet person??? She welcomed me & said by the sound of my voice her momma would love that but her daddy might not & we had a good laugh & said our goodbyes???

Then I called the number she had me write down immediately & a dude picked up already laughing hysterically & I gave that ol boy my secret password like she told me to... This boy had 1 job to do & ruined the whole dang scam! LMFAO! Started repeating his self a lot & stuttering real good!! LOL... All poor sweet miss ** good con work just went right down the toilet... Hahaha! If only she had a better wingman... Dang-on shame??? I'm just kidding man. They coulda never got me on that hustle boy!!! My momma didn't raise no dummy??? LMAO!! Be careful out here folks. It's a short life & a dangerous time & world we all live in where them frogskins rule it all & people will sell their youngins & kill to get em??? Stay safe & be happy y'all???

I have gotten no fewer than 50 calls in the last 4 days from an unknown # claiming to be from the US Government Grant Department in Washington DC. I answered once. Told them to take my name off the list because I don't need any grant. The next few times I ignored it. Now they are calling NONSTOP every hour, sometimes twice an hour. Always a foreign man or woman. I am wit's end. I need help and have no idea what to do. I can't block it since it's coming up unknown. I even called my phone carrier and they can't do anything about it. I'm pretty fed up. Freaking out.

I received a call today from an unknown number informing me that the United States Gov had selected a few thousand citizens to receive a loyalty grant of $8500. He said that the selections were based on no criminal history (I have a DUI), on-time bill and tax payments, and for being a loyal citizen. He congratulated me for being selected and proceeded to verify my personal information.

Although I had an inkling that this was a scam, I heard him out just in case as he did not request payment or my bank information. The three wire payment options were to have the wire transfer funds go directly to my bank account, prepaid debit card, or to a Western Union. Obviously, I chose WU. He then gave me a phone # (315-203-3446) to call to verify and receive the funds.

He warned me that the line may be busy from all the other offers (scams) given to citizens, and to try repeatedly until I was connected. Needless to say, I will not be calling as I already know I will be asked to pay x amount to receive the funds by wire. Be sure to Google everything to protect yourself. There's no such thing as free money.

Today 10/24/16 I received a call from a unknown number wanting to give me money for a grant. I proceeded with the conversation thinking an extra $9000 would be great but I'm not falling for it because that doesn't just happen. After the woman on the phone told me her phone number 202-670-4534 and a Western Union confirmation number, I decided to look up the number before calling it back simply because it didn't feel right. Lo and behold it brought me to this website. Made me feel better to know I checked it out before doing something dumb.

Contacted by DC number today +1 (202) 548-4777 and informed I was selected to be granted $9000 from the government as an incentive to stimulate the economy. An Indian individual gave me a 5-digit confirmation number and told me I could select ways of receiving my money, one which was through Walmart or Western Union, another direct deposit to my account of which he would need my account info. He then asked me my age, marital status and if I was employed. Then told me to contact his accounts manager at (646) 504-4830 if I wanted information about received at Western Union or Walmart as I did not feel comfortable about giving personal information out over the phone.

I called and was sent to an answering machine and another Indian woman called me back from the same number. I inquired but said I did not feel comfortable and she hung up before explaining further. I am a veteran and thought this may have been legit after reading the recovery act description on the website but the way of retrieving made no sense especially since as the federal government I should have been mailed the check not contacted via a phone service. I have been scanned before and this feels very similar so please be aware, and never give account information over the phone.

I would like to inform people that I too got a phone call in September; from someone claiming that I qualified for free grant money from the government. I could barely understand the woman that contacted me. I had to ask her to repeat herself because her accent was very hard to understand. I went ahead and listened to her anyway though it did not sound right. I have never heard of the government giving free money for a grant. She told me that I qualified for $7000.00. She kept asking me for information about myself and then she wanted my bank account information. I did not give that to her, because it sounded too good to be true. She also wanted to be paid $200.00. It did not sound right so I told her that I had to go. I had my husband call her back, and when he went to question her, she became defensive. He hung the phone up and he told me it was a scam.

So I answered the phone number coming from Indiana (765) 554-4666 saying that he was from the federal government and that I was picked to receive 9,888 in federal grant money that I would never have to pay back. Also saying that he worked in Washington and his name was James ** (he was foreign, maybe from India). I asked for a number so I could call him back and he gave (202) 888-5094 number. And he kept telling me that it wasn't a scam (very adamant) about it I must say. I have had them be really ugly to me before and was waiting on that to happen - He was very calm under pressure and the only time he lost it was when I questioned over and over - he was like "Oh My God." Which was funny to hear him say.

But really do people fall for these scams - it is really hard to convince them that they are scammers, but I like to tease them and will even throw in the conversation that they are scammers, and they carry on for a minute and then get right back to convincing me, us that they are for real. So honestly I can say that sometimes they are convincing and I wish someone would/could give money for nothing... Just remember that it is a scam and never fall for it.

I was called every hour, sometimes 2 times an hour all day by the same number. I even told them not to call 2 times and just quit answering after that and they called up to 4:59pm CST. The number they used was 204-556-7459. They told me I was eligible for $13500.00 grant because I have filed taxes on time and not filed bankruptcy. I just have completed a previous chapter 11 bankruptcy so I don't know where they get their information but I wasn't interested and told them that but they continued calling.

Today (October 14, 2016) I received 5 missed calls from an unknown number (204) 556-7459. 6 times within a 4 hour period. I do not answer calls from a phone number I recognize and think if it's important they will leave a voicemail, but they never did. Then they called a 7th time and I just answered. The gentleman on the other end asked for me and I said "this is them". He had a slight eastern Indian accent and stated he was with the government and they are giving me $14,000 of which I would not have to pay back. All he has to do is confirm some information and then transfer me to his supervisor.

I asked him what branch with the government he was and he said "the government". I had to repeat the question and he said with the US government of health as he stumbled over his words. I then asked him if our call is being recorded or monitored (which I wanted it to be) and replied very shortly "why of course" (which has to be disclosed at the beginning of business calls if it is, but he didn't not disclose this). I had also asked the gentleman why will I be receiving this money. He said because I had never filed for bankruptcy or have a criminal record.

He confirmed a few things with me, but I stopped him before we got to dob or anything else and simply told him I didn't feel comfortable proceeding and please put me on their do not call list. The gentleman then asked me "you don't want free money?" I told him "no I don't." Literally 30 minutes later I get a call again from the same number (at this point I'm pissed off). After I said hello the gentleman asked for me again. All I could say to him was "listen, you guys just called me" then the caller hung up. I clearly knew it was a scam, but wanted to see if anyone has been a target of this. Please don't fall for it. If it's to good to be true, it probably is.

Got a call from federal government free grant program today. The phone number did not come across caller ID. It only said incoming call. I was randomly selected from my phone number to receive a free federal grant of $9,000. Wow, long I spoke with this John Smith the more I realized this was a scam. But I let him talk. His name 1st all was "John Smith". Hmm? I don't have a checking account so my only options were Western Union gram at Wal-Mart, or prepaid card. I asked several times if I would receive this in mail. Never answered me, just kept giving me the spiel would be coming from Federal Reserve Bank from New York.

They would transfer my money to the state I live in, asked me if we were a free tax state. Now you think government would know that information? Still asking him if they would mail my card. Never answered. Gave me a number to government financial Dept and a code that I was to give them and they would give me a tracking number. Funny, I thought Federal reserve was the government financial dept. I then told him I thought this was a scam. He got irritated and asked how could I say that. Then told me to go to www.obama.net, did that and nothing but reports on Obama's financial affairs. Now I am 61, disabled and I living on social security. I really could use the money. But my parents didn't raise me stupid. I think the real Federal reserve and the US government should like into this scam and put a stop to it. What are these people thinking!!! Really???

I've been getting daily calls from Kelvey at a 202 number – telling me I'm eligible to receive free money from the government. She then gave me the phone number to call her supervisor back at 202 670-4534. When I called back I asked them to remove my information. At first, I was told... "I called them" and they hung up. Today, I called them again and they told me that it would cost me $120.00 to remove my number from their call list. I told them I was not going to pay them any money and that I was going to log a complaint with their phone number. That number was 202 670-4534. Wonder if they'll pay $120 to remove their information from our call list. John was the "supervisor".

Got a call today from Julie, 888-566-9799 telling me I was eligible for $9000.00 since my financial background was clean. All I had to do was call another number, 410-697-6247, a Maryland number and they would set me up with picking up my money at Walgreen as I had chosen Western Union for a $250.00 one-time processing fee. This scam continues! A call to my local PD, no interest. This scam also makes the rounds on Facebook.

I began receiving phone calls (unavailable or restricted#) from a very heavily accented lady saying that I was eligible to receive $9,000 in grant money that never needed to be paid back. She told me that I was eligible for this money because I have not filed bankruptcy and had not had past criminal charges. I told her that I was not interested and I knew this was a scam because the government does not give out free $. She became very irate, raised her voice and told me to disconnect the phone call. I didn't want the money. I promptly hung up the phone.

Throughout the day I received a total of 16 phone calls from this lady and another gentleman with a very heavy accent. They resorted to calling me the f word, **, **, and other various curse words. They threatened to come to my home as well. The next day it started all over again by 10 o'clock in the morning already been contacted 16 times by the same people. I contacted law enforcement, they said nothing could be done. So finally I decided I would play along. They wanted my bank account number, debit card number, or a savings account number. I declined to give them any information and told them if they wanted to send me the money they could send me a check. She said, "I'm sorry. The government does not mail checks." So I told them they could money send me a MoneyGram. She gave me confirmation number and told me to hold on to it. Since then I've not received another phone call from them.

Today, someone called telling me that US government is granting me $9,000. Is that great? Of course it is but oops! How come I'm qualified? First, I just bought my phone 3 weeks ago and the lady name "Julie" said they got my info last year December. "BOOM!" Last year? I just moved in to US 2 months ago. I'm not even a citizen here yet and it's no sense that government of United States will give me that amount of money if I came from other country. So then she stick with her script or whatsoever verifying my address and the City is incorrect. Tried to correct her and she just said, "Yes thats right". She gave me money ID and a number (4106976247) to call her Senior Manager etc name John **. This seems convincing now but still confuse.

I'm having hard time understanding his accent. (Well I do have accent but his was so hard to understand. I keep asking him same questions and he even said this money I dont need to pay back and there's no tax upon claiming it.) Since I choose Western Union, it's easier because they already have my name in their list. I can feel my excitement and hesitations until he said I need to activate this so I can get the money by buying iTunes gift card or iGunes gift card? LOL at Walgreens for $280. NO WAY!

Then I said I dont have a car yet so I can't go get that card and ask if I can call him back. Then he said, "Sure, and use extension 114". Then he keeps reminding me to be careful with my identity and call him when I'm at the parking lot of Walgreens. obviously it's a SCAM. It keeps replaying in my mind after the call. Money is deceiving sometimes so I decided to search for "US Grant Department" and found this site full of complaints. I'm glad I did. By this time, trying to call them but NO ANSWER for 10 mins now.

So I received a call from a private number, I figured, "hey, why not," and swiped to answer, then the fun began... Not only was it a Hispanic woman (no offense) that was on the other line, but she seemed very impatient with me when I asked about "Her business's website." She then sighed impatiently, gave me the "Obama.net" website, told me to click personal loans. Afterwards I asked her how I would continue to follow the steps, she told me I would have to talk to the "Grant Manager" whom of which she was not.

She gave me a 2024554045 phone number, got impatient when I asked about the "55" part, then continued on... By now I had realized this was not only too good to be true, but something I should research while talking to her. (As I'm a journalist, and I don't get fooled easily, Fact Check 100%.) I asked her if they would be able to e-mail me further instructions, she had only previously gave me 3 options, giving them a Western Union money order for some reason, my checking account info, or my bank info, and I was offering them my e-mail address, they weren't interested!!!

She began to ramble in a different language with someone else in the background, then continued to talk about the phone number, confirmation number, etc, etc. Then quickly said "Okay hope you have good day, bye bye now". Then hung up. Boy, I sure hope she knows I have the call recorded and am sending ALL of this info to the FBI right after I post this, heheheheh.

I was called today by a person telling me that I have been selected to receive a government grant, $8000.00 that I do not have to pay back. I knew that was a scam right away, because why would our government want to hand out 8k randomly for no reason, and not ask for it back. So, the lady told me that because I am employed, I pay my bills on time and have not filed bankruptcy the government was granting me 8000.00 that I DO NOT have to pay back. She gave me a conf # MK147 and a number to call back, 607-564-5211 and told me to call them and they will gather the rest of the info needed to get my my money.

What a joke, but I called the # to see what would happen, I gave them my conf # and asked this lady why the government wants to give me 8k? She said to me, "If you don't trust your own government why did I call?" She called me rude and hung up. If you get a call like this, DO NOT give them your banking info or anything. They will tell you they can direct deposit into your account, but don't do it.

Just received a call from 202-740-5887 in Washington from a lady with a heavy accent telling me that I had been approved for a $7000 grant because I have paid my taxes on time and I pay my bills. Also said I was one out of 1700 that had been approved. She gave me a grant confirmation number and a Finance dept. number (253-244-9443) and said to ask for someone named Wisler **. She also kept stressing that I would have the money today. Never called Wisler **but thought I should let someone know about the scam. Wish I knew where she got my name because she already had my full name and address.

Just received a call from 202-246-1001 (call I'd says Keisha **) stating that my name and phone number has been chosen for a $9,000 grant that did not need to pay back. I did not even let him finish talking. I told them to never call again and I was reporting the phone number and name to the FCC and Consumer Affairs. Just out of curiosity I tried to call the number back after I hung up and I got a recorded message that says the person I am trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time.

I have been getting calls from a 202- 930 3630 saying I have money from the Federal Grant then to go to the store and buy a iTunes card for $250 which will be reimbursed. Is there a grant loan of $9,250 to pick it up at Walmart? After I call him with the iTunes card number I told them to stop calling. This was a scam. They have continued call from numerous other numbers including 202-444-4444 and one other number. Then they hang up then they call back starting the whole process over. And even got into a argument with the man that called. Told me to call the police if I didn't believe him. I told him I have already contacted people through the Better Business Bureau are the consumers repair.

I have been getting calls from 206-629-603. Yes, 603. I guess they don't want me to be able to call them back or fully report them. I had already brushed them off a few weeks ago but today I got another call from a female with an accent so thick, I needed a knife to cut it. She was calling from the US Grant Department in Washington, DC. How exciting!!! And little old me was eligible for $9,200 in free money that I would never have to pay back because I haven't committed a crime or filed bankruptcy in the past six months! (Or ever, really...). So, I felt like being a ** and string her along. I said in a really excited voice "AWESOME! When will they send my check?" Oh, no, they don't do that she explains.

I can get my money 1 of 3 ways: Western Union, a pre-paid Visa card or a direct deposit into my bank account. I told her I want a check. She said they don't do that. I was tired by now so I said "You know what? That's a lie and please remove my number from your scam list! Toodles!" Then I hung up. I feel so bad for anyone who falls for this. And you know what? I am poor as ** right now, disabled, and fighting with SSA because I am too ill to work. That money would be a God send if it were real. Please don't let these wretched people take advantage of you.

So I got a call from "Peter **" of the "ARRA" saying I was approved for $9000 in federal grant money that did not have to be paid back. Just for fun I played it out. Luckily, he only had my name and phone number. He could not confirm my social and gave me the wrong city I lived in, but I didn't say anything. Of course he had a thick accent, had multiple people in the background and the number he called from (206-209-1678) was "incorrect" when I called back 15 minutes after I spoke with him. When I called the callback number he gave me, a recording told me to "state my name after the tone and Google Voice would try to connect me"... What? Can these con artists really be any less legit? DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING!

Today I received a phone call from a number 202-681-8664. Which comes up Washington DC. The callers voice was heavy Indian accent. Telling me I had been chosen for financial aid grant from the government. And gave me a confirmation number to call in later. Another Indian person answered the call took the number and transferred me over to someone with either a Czechoslovakian or Russian accent telling me to go to a Walgreens and buy an iTunes gift card for $230.00 which I will supposedly get back in the grant worth $8500.00. But they couldn't send me the cash through the mail. Which is so not how the government works. Because I received my financial aid for school through the mail. This is a total scam asking for money for a supposedly free government grant.

Today I received a phone call from a guy name Robert phone number (202)798-3209 with a very heavy Asian-Korean maybe Indian accent. He told me that the he was from US government calling from Washington DC. He said that I was chosen with millions of other people in the state of AZ to get paid a grant of 9,200 for paying my taxes, not having criminal record, and not having any bankruptcies. Of course because I am in need of money the news sounded great. He confirm all my info, name, phone number, address and asked how I would like my money in 3 options - (1) Bank Account, (2) Walmart prepaid card, (3) Western Union or Moneygram.

I was even more convince this was true; I said direct deposit. Foolishly I gave him my bank info and he told me to call a second number (202)697-8857 where the account manager Bruce ** would just confirm all the info and the transaction would be made in a few minutes. I was in shock and couldn't believe how lucky I was. I even cried because I couldn't believe it. LOL. I quickly called the second number (202)697-8857 and a answering machine came three times. I left him a voice mail requesting a call back but no respond. On my fourth attempt Bruce ** finally answered. He too had a big, deep accent. He asked for my personal ID# which I was told by Robert that I shouldn't share it with no one because "anyone would be able to claim my once in a lifetime grant from the US Government Federal Reserve Bank".

Anyways I proceed and gave Bruce my ID number and he confirm my account bank information and all my other personal info. He put me on hold for like 3-5 minutes and returned saying my bank did not comply with the regulations and that taxes had to be claimed and that the money was not going to be deposited unless I wanted to do it another way to receive my money in minutes. He said that if I wanted I should go to Walmart and buy a prepaid card with $200 dollar balance, that the federal bank would deduct the $200 and they would reimburse it once the deposit was made. It was then when I finally realize I was being scammed and my heart dropped. I didn't say anything to the guy on the phone but that I didn't have the $200 at the time. He said it was ok that they would hold my file up to a month and that my money was going to be there to be claim whenever I had the funds.

Please!!! People don't be fooled like I was. These group of scammers are professionals. They will empty out your bank accounts and take your money making you think you will receive a grant that doesn't even exist. I researched it and came across this page with many others just like me. Please, I hope this helps someone in a similar situation, and hope and pray they get caught soon and justice is serve. Everyone be careful. Be blessed and take care...