1.50/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Government Grant Scams

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

1886 Government Grant Scams Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

APPROVED FOR FREE $9,0000 GOVERNMENT GRANT CHECK. I keep receiving several calls from area codes 202, 500, sometimes the telephone number shows up as "N". These callers cannot speak English very well but they all say they have English names like Joe, James, Kate, Phil etc. Since then I have been blocking all calls from the area codes listed above. Please everyone BEWARE of this scam, especially the ELDERLY FOLKS. DON'T fall for this.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Was contacted by a woman who did not speak very good English - told me that I did not need to pay back the grant of $9950.00, and that I would need to speak with another department to get the funds. I asked what my name was, she answered. I asked what state I was in. No answer - then she got really defensive when I said I looked the phone number and nothing came up. I asked what state she was in and she answered Texas. I said, "well your phone number came up as 914-654-1832 New Rochelle, RA." When I said "Is that your number" she hesitated and then said yes - then got angry and said, "do you want the money or not." I am not going to waste my time any longer and she hung up on me. She stated she was from the US Finance Department. Called the number back and it was not even the correct number. SCAMMERS. Wish they could be caught.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I received a call from a lady this morning as I was getting ready for an appointment I had. She had a foreign accent and was very hard to understand. What I did understand was that I was being awarded a federal grant in the amount of $14,000. I stayed on the phone confirming the info SHE ALREADY HAD ON ME such as my address and telephone number. The last 4 digits of my social security number was the only info that I had to provide her with. She proceeds to tell me that I was picked to receive this grant due to demographics and the fact that I have never been convicted of a felony. (I WAS, IN FACT, CONVICTED OF FELONY DUI. The charge has been dropped to a misdemeanor.)

At this point, I am running late and she is informing me that I need to speak with her supervisor to ensure all info is correct. I politely told her that I had an appointment to be at and asked if I could give a callback. She started to talk over me. That was when I raised my voice and told her that I was hanging up. At 4:23 pm, my phone rang and it was her again. She asked if I was able to take her call and advised me that it would only take up about 15 minutes of my time. I agreed.

She recapped our earlier conversation and told me, again, that her supervisor needed to get on the line to verify all of the info. I was put on hold and about a minute later the "supervisor" was on the line. It was at this point that my gut feeling took over. As he went over my information, I was online "googling" Federal Grant Department. As I read, complaint after complaint, it was happening to me. I was being scammed. As I read on, halfway listening to this scam artist on the other end of the line, I saw that they were asking these innocent people to go load between $200 and $400 onto various cards.

He assured them that the money would and could not be touched. I stopped him in mid sentence and asked him if I was going to need to load $200 onto a card. I must have I caught him off guard because his tone of voice changed quickly into a defensive one and asked, "Who told you?" I should really have gone on with the act, but instead I told him that he had the wrong one. I told him that I was reading complaint after complaint that he was trying to scam me and I ended the call. BEWARE OF THESE SCUM!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I got a phone call this morning from a lady that didn't speak very well English and she told me I've been given a federal grant for $8,700 just because I pay my bills and bunch of other stuff and said I had no police record or bankruptcy and said it wont cost me a dime. She ask how I wanted it I said Walmart money gram. She had me call this number 202-899-9495 and talk to George ** ext **. He said it was free money only thing I have to do is pay to register at Walmart and he would also give me that money back. I called Walmart to see how much it would cost but they would not tell me. He said I need to give them my id ** I told him I dont drive so I will have to go sometime tomorrow. He said that was fine to call him when I get in the parking lot.

Then a few hours later I get another call from yes another one from the federal government again his name was James **. This time my id was ** same thing George told me so did he I asked him lots of questions this time I wanted a website he said go to obama.com. I did it said "this website is for sell" then he said "go to governmentgrants.com" and I told him I did and it says "this is a scam". I told James and he got very upset. I told him thats what it says he swore up and down this is no scam. It is free money not everyone knows about it so he asked me to call this number 206-259-5875. I told him I am doing things right now it will be a few hours before I can call. I did not give no money or pay to register at Walmart but I just have a feeling this is a SCAM. Wanted to let everyone know.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Uganda at the homeland - Callers promise $9000 from "government office" With name randomly selected (Red flags, no govern office named to verify, random, amount and no address). Inquire for address and specific government office - they defensive, unable/refuse. Ask if I call back will I get an answerable number. They hung up. If it sounds unbelievable - it may be Nigerian scammer in this country.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I received a call from 212-691-6329. A very polite gentleman with a thick Indian or Pakistani accent told me that I had qualified for a government grant of $9,750. All I had to do was to call 585-701-1025 or 845-350-0432 with the ID code he gave me and they would send a check for that amount to my home address. I decided to try it out. Interestingly, I was told that I had an incorrect number (though I had verified it with the original caller). So, I guess I'm safe for now. It's a weird scam, though. I can't imagine how they get the money from you. The original caller assured me that the phone calls were free and that I wouldn't have to give out any personal information. A puzzle!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I received a call from a Jordan ** claiming to work with the US FEDERAL GRANTS DEPARTMENT. (I have recently applied for a pell grant). He informed me that I was approved for a grant of 9000.00. He provided me with a website, www.grants.gov, a phone number, **, my grant approval ID, **, and also gave me information to contact the banking officer Danny ** at extension **. They informed me that my money had been released on 6/30/2017. He then gave me a username and a password for the website @ www.grants.gov. I proceeded to check online and sure enough I have an account on this website stating everything he had said was true. I asked for a main office address which he provided and then mapped it and it is the human and health services department in Washington Dc. This man even knew my FAFSA information.

He stayed on the phone with me continuing to tell me this is not a scam you have nothing to worry about you have all of my information. Because of the personal information he had on me, (my FAFSA information, address, phone number, bday, how many children had divorced, EVERYTHING, I fell for this stupid scam. I called another man this Jordan character had given me and his name was Ben ** from the FEDERAL BANK RESERVE in New York, New York at **. His badge number was **. He told me my mind was released as well but since it was coming from New York and going to New Mexico,( keep in mind I told him I didn't want money gram or western union I wanted it on my Emerald Card), there would be a 420.00 tax fee. I asked why he couldn't take it out of the money I was receiving and he said it's not allowed it has to be sent by the receiver.

Things just escalated from there I hung up pissed off and he continued to call me back. I even told him he had already scammed me enough he wasn't gettin anything else from me. He proceeded to tell me about the grants.gov login again telling me it can't be a scam it is a government website and a government loan. at the start my loan was $9000.00. an hour and a half later he told me again but this time it increases to 9665.00. The reason for this being my reimbursement for the taxes and registration fees. SCAM!! DON'T BE FOOLED IF THEY KNOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HANG UP RIGHT AWAY!! THEY'RE PROBABLY WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE! STAY SAFE Y'ALL AND REPORT THESE PEOPLE!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I received a call from **, Peter, Asian accent but understandable. He says the grant I applied for had been approved. All I needed to do was get a specific card and load 250$. Then confirm to him I have the card, not give him the card info or the money, he would then give me the Western Union numbers, I then go to Western Union, collect 9,700$, then give them the card with the 250$ still on it and I would be refunded that 250$ on the spot. He was not pushy, only asked me to confirm my zip code, asked for no further information. The whole thing does not make sense nor does it sound at all logical. Wondering how this Peter would get my 250$ if I will not be asked for the info on the card just confirmation that I have it. This is a scam, just not sure how they're working it. Beware, don't fall for this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have applied to a lot of jobs, so I have answered every incoming call. Normally, I screen the call and if I don't recognize the number or have a name assigned, it goes to voicemail. As a result, I have received the all zeros, unknown, private, and area codes 312, 727, 315, 325, etc. A couple have asked for me by first name, then the call drops. Others have just hung up. But I finally got to talk to a guy. $9000 Grant for being a good tax paying citizen. I chose the money order option because the only time I have received "free" money from the US Government was when I re-enlisted into the Army. Code provided: **. Call: 360-209-7339. Call received from: 360-100-2222. Did not waste my time calling. Immediately logged into here to provide information. Please, the IRS and the Dept of Defense have my account information, they been making direct deposits of my pay and tax returns for years. If they wanted to send me money, they got the info.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Just received call, from a private number, from a guy with poor english called Jackson and said I qualified for a $9000 govt. grant. He gave me a code and a number to call to get my grant, 202-657-4494. I called it and got Steve ** (also with poor english) who told me to go to my nearest Walmart with $99 processing fee and pick up my $9000 Instagram and to call him from the parking lot for further instructions and this grant would be for $9099 to reimburse me for the $99 fee to receive this. As this has every indicator of a scam to take my $99 I think I will pass up my $9000 govt. grant.

Original review: July 20, 2017

They keep calling me & telling me that I'm going to get a grant for $9,200 & that I have to go buy some gift card for $200 then call them back. But I don't have money to buy any gift card so I've told them that but they still keep calling me over & over again!

Original review: July 18, 2017

I just had someone call from 2027969232. The number came up as Washington D C5. This woman with an accent came on the line and stated that I had filled out a survey, pay my bills, and taxes that I qualified for a 9000 Loyalty Grant. She asked what method would I like my payment. Banking or checking account, on my credit card or Western Union. I choose the last to see what would happen. She then continued to give me instructions to call this number right away. The number she gave me was 2028367644 and with a ID for the grant JH201. I didn't call the number. Instead I went on here. All I said during the call was ok. There is a phone scam called "Can you Hear me now." Where they get you to say yes and use this to purchase item in your name.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I received a call at work from a blocked number at work. I usually don't answer to private numbers, however, I have just purchased a house and wanted to make sure it wasn't a lender needing more information. When I answered a woman with an extremely thick middle eastern accent was on the other end of the line claiming that she was from the US Government Grant program and told me I was randomly selected for a grant of $10,000 dollars. She told me she could give me cash or directly deposit the money to my account. I jokingly told her to send a check through the mail and she said, "Have a nice day" and hung up on me. Obviously this is a scam. Don't give out your information. Anytime you see a private number and they are asking for your bank information... DON'T GIVE IT OUT. Common sense.

Original review: July 14, 2017

So I got a call yesterday from a Ronald ** saying I've been selected in receiving 6,000 some free money because I have a clean record and then said I had to call this number and give a caller id. I said I wouldn't be able to and he said to call tomorrow, meaning today, and I was like okay but I was pretty sure it was a scam since I was able to call yesterday. I just didn't want to. Well today in the morning I had a missed call from that number and was like yeah this is definitely a scam but I called the number anyway. The line kept ringing and then it went busy. So I was like whatever I tried again and it did the same. After that I decided to look it up and came across this... lol knew it was a scam but it real true like hell yeah 6000 would do a lot in my favor.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I had 3 missed calls from a number from New York. I called back and a man whom barely spoke English said I had been selected for a $9,000 grant. I asked where he was from and he would not answer. He just kept saying the government. Then finally he said he was from Washington DC lol. While he was asking me for my name and birth date I was Googling because this did NOT sound legit. The IRS will never contact you via phone, why would some anonymous branch of the government want to call lil ol me?

Luckily for me, this site with these reviews popped up. Instead of answering his questions, I said "Ya know, I'm reading something online right now that says you're a scammer soo..." and he said "No worries ma'am! We will cut the line!" and he hung up. I laughed for like 5 minutes lol. Thanks so much for sharing your experience so that I did not get sucked into a scam that would drain the little bit of money I do have. I hope these reviews help others too. I would like to rate them with negative stars please lol. :p

Original review: July 7, 2017

I had a similar experience with multiple calls from New York today 929-274-4261 and 315-294-0082. The caller asked me to verify some information which I uh-hushed through. The first one gave me my special four digit number to give to someone at another number. I said ok and got off the phone. An hour later the other New York number called and gave me another number to call and another special id. When I called the number they gave me it was a google answering service asked for a name which I did not have.

Three hours later the first person called me back and said I had to call that number right away. Being a little curious, I called and spoke to Bruce... he gives me this big spiel about how I have won the money, I opted for the cash option, all I had to do was go purchase $200 in iTunes cards, but I had to call him before I went into the store. Told him I could not go today so he said to keep his name and number for tomorrow. Now not sure what to do about him, but needless to say, I am NOT going to WalMart for iTunes cards.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I received several cell phone calls from Unknown calls. Today, the unknown called I answered it. I ask "Who is it?" Hher name is Christine ** ID# ** saying that I was selected to receive $7,000.00 free money. I asked her how that works. She told me that the Federal Government Grant Department of Washington, DC choose the persons randomly. Christine ** ID# ** even gave me the Western Union 10 # SE32YKF321 with the amount seven thousand dollars that I was getting. She gave me this #2027809127 to call back. I was so skeptical that I did call that number. I spoke to the manager his name is Mr. ** (government extension). He wasn't American with a strong accent that I couldn't understand him. Mr. ** gave me Tracking # from Western Union 3708820031 and 3708237371 with the individual amount of $3,500.00 with both tracking # adding the amount of $7,000.00.

He wanted me to purchase a $200.00 ITunes cards from Walmart. As soon I purchase the cards I would call Mr. ** about my purchase ITunes cards. Mr. ** even gave me a Registration # GTR085301 so I can pick up the free money. I would like to know where these scammers get this information? Right now that I'm giving the complaint I received a cell phone call with this #2027809127. For those seeking who are reading ConsumerAffairs reviews please write down the phones #. These foreigners are scammers. The staffs that works in ConsumersAffairs should take action to these complaints and notify to the Federal Government.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had about 4 missed calls all day from a lot 202 number that when you call back basically says doesn't exist. They told me I was one of 1500 people receiving a $9000 grant. They gave me another number to call and a code to give to no one and I could get it at Walmart. All I had to do was buy a $250 government registration gift card which I looked up and can't really find.

I called this number and was suppose to speak with a financier or something. That's when I got told about the $250 saying it was to not get taxed on the $9000 and that I would get it back with the $9000. All I needed was to bring my I.D. with me and they would help me the whole time throughout the store so I was buying the right card. I looked all this up online and seen all these reviews and knew it must be a scam. It's all the same story. I almost fell for it. The lady's were so nice and so believable. They even told me to have a blessed day. Don't fall for it. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As for grants, the government doesn't call you and tell you when you get one specially if you didn't apply for one.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Over the last 2 days I have received over 20 calls from US numbers maintaining all 0's. Western Union, cash, bank transfer and Moneygram were my options. I gave no truthful information nor will I be calling the number. 202-827-5410-Treasury Department, Western union, $9000 US Grant, Confirmation code LM107. Jessica is the representative I finally talked with.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I received a call today from someone claiming to be David ** who told me I was randomly chosen to receive a federal grant for $9,000. I asked for the name of the grant, what government program or legislation created this grant, and he kept repeating, "It's a federal government grant!" "Mr. **" told me that I would need to pay $100 to register for this grant (I'm constantly asking him more questions during this time). He said I would need to purchase a $100 "Steam card" at Walmart or CVS to pay to register and receive the $9,000 grant. I was searching the internet to figure out what a Steam card is and learned that it is a game card you can load money onto for gifts to family and friends. He told me that CVS and Walmart had "money gram." I suppose he meant Western Union services.

I've been scammed like this before and I gave him a pretty hard time. I told him he must not understand our federal government because citizens and college students never magically receive grant monies without applying for them. I also told him that a legitimate "free grant" never required something as weird as buying a Steam card and loading $100 onto it. I told him that I understand that computer generated calls can use a Washington, DC number even if he was calling from Vietnam. He continued to insist that he worked for the federal grant department of the USA. I told "Mr. Cooper" that it would not be wise to try and scam college students, especially those with graduate degrees because we are not stupid.

I found the Consumer Affairs page with his scam listed and read it off to him. This guy would not relent, and I admit I enjoyed messing with him; similar scammers called me several times in the past. I continued to ask for the name of the grant; he was furious and began screaming, "It is a federal government grant!!!" I was laughing so hard as I continued asking him questions that he could not answer, like where is your call center located, which country, that I could barely stop laughing? I asked him for the last time what the name of the grant or program was and he yelled, "Do I have to explain this to you 50 times? It's a randomly selected (sounds legitimate, huh) federal government grant!!!" I told him he should consider moving to Russia because the Russians are much better at scamming than him and hung up.

It was a great experience to mess with a scammer so badly that "Mr. David **" lost his temper. Mr ** gave me his direct line if anyone would like to return his call; his number is (202) 813-0056, ext. #114. I hope no one falls for this scam; if anyone hears a call center in the background with Asian voices that you can barely understand, then just hang up. LOL! Update: Can anyone believe that I received another call just like the first one before I could finish writing this review? Who are these idiots? I made this guy so angry that he cursed me, used the "f" word, and told me to go to hell. I told him to enjoy his karma for trying to defraud Americans and to enjoy his desperate, miserable life. Surely our government can do something about this; is there a way to avoid these ridiculous computer-generated calls? This call's number showed as (929) 800-2686. What a day!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was called today by a 202 area code. The heavy-accented caller said I was approved for a Government Grant for 10 thousand dollars. He wanted to stay on the phone with me while I went and purchased 2-$100 Apple iTunes cards. After I had purchased them.. He wanted me to go back and purchase $499 more! After I looked online and seen how big of a scam this is, I told him I knew it was a scam. He argued with me about how it’s not a scam, and kept asking me to borrow money from someone so that I could purchase more cards. Even after I yelled and got upset with him for scamming me, he continued on with wanting me to come up with money to go back to Walmart. These foreign people are inconsiderate and they are scam artists! Something needs to be done!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I received several phone calls from a number with a Seattle area code 206-596-0560. I generally don't answer out of state calls but this one was becoming an annoyance so I answered it. A woman with a foreign accent informed me that I had been randomly selected by the federal government to receive a government grant in the amount of $9,200.00 because I met some ridiculous eligibility criteria and I was to call another number 206-596-0567. She gave me an eligibility code of **.

I called the other number and a male with a strong middle-eastern accent answered. I gave him the ID number I received on the previous call and he misrepresented himself to be an agent with the federal grants department. He gave me several options as to how to receive my money but since I wasn't registered with the grants department I would need to register and I selected Western Union Moneygram as my form of payment from them. He told me to call him back from the parking lot of my local Walmart and he would walk me through registering by purchasing a $200 debit card at Walmart. Once this was done he would debit the card and release my money to Moneygram along with the $200 I just paid for the card. He said that because of the amount, it would need to be done in two separate transactions of $4,600.00 each.

I became very skeptical at this point and told him that I didn't have the $200 to pay up front and his response was, "that's your problem, not mine," at which time I became enraged and told him to go ** himself. He told me the same in return and hung up on me. I called back and got a different male operator with the suspicious accent who told me that I didn't have to pay anything and proceeded to give me two "MTC" numbers for each of the two transactions. Then mysteriously the line had a poor connection and he told me he'd call me right back, but he never did. I was tempted to go through with this but decided to research the outfit for a scam and found many other reviews of the same nature so I called them back and told the next person that I was reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission for Internet Fraud and he hung up on me.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have received four calls today between 9:30 and 11:30 am. I was told that if I call this number 347-676-1759 and give them this confirmation number ** they would release my money. The caller was of a foreign accent. I took down the information but did not call the number. I was told that I was chosen because I pay my bills on time. The calls were coming from a NY number supposedly - 315-325-0201 or 0212. I called that number and a recording came on saying the number was not available. People please be aware. These numbers are now blocked from my phone. This is a SCAM. If it's too good to be true...

Original review: May 29, 2017

Number ** called me today said I won grant money and I could pick it up at Walgreens Western Union for me to pay 250$ but I knew this was a scam. Said her work i.d. # was ** name Victoria **. PEOPLE BE AWARE. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT SEND MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION. Don't get scammed. Hang up and report them.

Original review: May 27, 2017

For all those still unsure if this is a scam. IT IS. My only purpose for staying on the phone with them is I believe that the longer I keep these scam artist on the phone is the amount of time that they are kept from calling an unsuspecting innocent person to scam money out of. Please don't send money, iTune card or anything they request.

I read all the reviews above regarding receiving a check for a government scams. All the reported calls are the same as I received. He told me to promise not to spend the money on anything illegal like drugs, weapons, etc. I knew this was a scam from the beginning. At the end I was told the $200 would be added to my $9000.00 grant. When I told him I did not have $200.00 to send, he said he could not send the money without activation. I could not drag out the call any longer so I hung up. I receive calls like this all the time. All the time it is from a foreign accent. Scammers like those wanting to report they are from Google wanting to report they detected a problem with my computer and want to access my computer. NEVER GIVE THEM ACCESS.

MY FAVORITE is the IRS call. The guy on the phone, (also a foreigner), introduced himself as "officer" and said they did a tax audit from the last 6 years, there were serious differences in my income I reported. If I did not comply he would be forced to turn over my name and within 30 minutes there would be federal officers at my door to arrest me, confiscate all my property and home and put me in federal prison. He asked me if it was my intent to defraud the US government or if it was an honest mistake. I asked him "why is it your intent to defraud innocent victims to scam money out of by your intimidation." He was confused and asked the same question. I repeated my statement very loud and then he hung up on me. It has been about 5 days and no one has come pounding on my door. PLEASE PEOPLE BEWARE! There are so many who are trying to cheat you out of your money. Don't be A VICTIM!

Original review: May 26, 2017

I have received at least 4 calls today, 5/26/2017, from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and continuing from an Arkansas Phone number 1-501-254-7723. It is an automated message saying "The IRS is filing a Law Suit against me, and need to contact them with my information as soon as possible." They even ask you to call the 1-501-254-7723 number back with your information. Please Stop them from hurting someone not aware of the Scam.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I have been called 3 times telling me I have qualified for a grant from the government by the American Recovery Reinvestment Act. The first and third time it was from a man with a heavy Indian accent and was offered $9,000. The second time was a woman who offered $7,000. The first and second time after answering a few questions and asking some of my own they hung up on me. The third time I made it all the way through to when they gave me 3 options for collecting the money. 1-direct deposit to my bank, 2-deposit onto a credit or debit card, 3-cash in hand. I of course didn't give them any numbers to my account and chose cash in hand.

He then gave me a personal code and a telephone number to call. The person on the end of the next phone call will give me instructions on how to get the cash. I've not called that number and don't think I will after reading of the examples on your site. They told me I was chosen at random from my zip code and qualified because I have paid all my bills and have not gone bankrupt. Actually I don't have an income, I am retired and my husband pays all the bills. If the money truly is from the ARRA then the government should be more specific in granting it to people who really need it more than I do.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I have received several calls over the last month stating I'm being granted 9000 from federal grants dept because I'm a good citizen. The calls came from Washington D. At least that is what the caller ID said. In order for me to get the money I had to go to Dollar General and get a MoneyGram in order to receive this grant. The first numbers 2026574494 he David ** couldn't really understand him. Sounded foreign Iranian-Pakistani middle eastern accent. So Dave gave me my magic number nk234 and told me to call his boss to get further instructions on how I was gonna receive it. I told him to send me a check. He said call his boss and he would explain it.

So I call the other number. Steve ** badge number gov ** the phone number is 2028703033 and he wanted me to go to nearest store and wanted to know how long it would take me to get there and bring my license and phone and get a Apple itune card for 200 and I would receive 9200. In ten mins after told him I didn't have two hundred dollars and to send me the check he said they don't do checks. Ok he wanted to know when I would have it. I said later this afternoon. I had to give a time so I did. So when that time came he called back at that specific time. I didn't answer then today another call from Marvin **. He gave me my number ** that was the code I have to give the other guy. This was for the 9200 grant I'm to receive for being a good citizen and only this time in had to get a MoneyGram.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I am writing this review because I'm unhappy about the call I received from the unknown number that directed me to this phone number which is 914 810 1122. The caller informed me that I had been chosen to receive demographic grant money because I don't have a criminal record and I pay my bills on time. The amount of money he informed me I would be receiving is 9200. This would seem to be exciting information so any normal person who is not working this would have made a huge difference in my life. I have a young child and I have been looking for work. I don't appreciate people or should I say scammers for taking time out to run some particular brand of crack jokes on others who strive to be great human beings. I want it to make others aware of the situation because it is a waste of time.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Phone call 1-202-759-7000, lady said I am getting $9,000 in federal grant money for paying my bills on time and not filing bankruptcy. She said to call 1-713-936-4739 and give confirmation number. So, I called did so and the guy said go to Rite Aid, Walgreens or Krogers and get a Steam card. He (Jeff **) said drive now and I will stay on the phone with you. He was sending $9,000 through Western Union. And I only needed to pay state taxes of $199.65 before receiving the $9,000. I put him on hold and looked up scams and yes indeed found out this is a scam. I kept him on mute for 30 minutes and finally hung up on. I am hoping to spread this news so someone else doesn't fall victim to this fraud. I shared this on my Facebook.