Government Grant Scams

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

1894 Government Grant Scams Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Just received a phone call from 202-345-6781. ID said Washington DC. Stated he was from the Federal Grant Central Treasury Dept. Said I had received a $9000 dollar Grant. I asked why and it's because I have paid my taxes on time every year and not filed bankruptcy in the last 6 months. Gave me an information ID number TA211 and another number to call 315-636-0077. I called the number and a recording stated to say my name and Google would place the call. Nobody answered, which was a shame because I really wanted to blast them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Same number 4x while at work: 303-698-4167. When I picked up the phone a lady obviously from a country in Africa, with much broken English began her script. When asked to take me off of her list, she got irate and began talking vulgar. In disbelief that any agency would have or allow someone to speak in ways that was not only offensive but illegal (verbal assault) she repressed herself. And said when people spoke to her in such a way she is forced to speak to them that way. Merely responded by, "I simply asked you to remove me from your list." She then asked me If I was a “vulgar” face. Her name was along the lines of Win, or Wilma... Again complete scam, broken English and bad scam artist, horrible manners, even for a hoax.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Beware, beware, BEWARE!!! of this number coming through on your phone 202-123-5546. The person on the other end will say they are from the government. And because you have no criminal record, bankruptcy within the past five months and have been paying your bills and taxes on time you have been randomly picked from a governmental database to receive $9,200 which you do not have to pay back. Wow! Sounds great. You are given a control number and another phone number which they say is their accountant. I noticed after each sentence they said "alright" the person asks how would you like to receive your money. Options are in your bank saving, debt account or you can pick your money up at Walmart, Walgreens. But first you must call this number 1-240-233-4415. The personal accountant person who will ask for your ID number and proceed to tell you about a $200.00 dollar fee that must be paid first.

Steven was his name and he went on and on and on about this grant money and the $200.00. Well to say the least I had enough and began asking questions like what state was he from. He said Washington, D.C. the Capital. I informed him that my caller I.D. stated that he was located in Maryland and that Washington D.C. number starts with 202. Further, the first number does not take incoming calls. The Government allows for both in and out calls. Steven cursed at me, and then hung up but not before I told him that I knew this was a scam and that he should be ashamed of himself preying on people. As we all know the government does not do business that way. Ask questions. Get as much information as needed to be able to report them. This has to stop. So many people are vulnerable and are on hard times and would be the ones to fall for scams like this.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had been receiving calls from a California # that I never answered. Today they called from Michigan saying that I was approved for a 9,200 grant. The guy was Indian or Middle Eastern. He proceeded to read from a script about how I can go to Walmart and pick up my grant money to which I told him that if Uncle Sam wanted me with some of his money, he would mail it to me. He gave me some I.D. number and another phone number to call once I got to Walmart. This is a scam, if the government wanted you with money they would mail it to you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Male with foreign accent called to tell me the US Government was rewarding me with a $9,200 grant. Asked if I wanted it directly deposited or sent through MoneyGram at Walmart. Obviously I said the latter as I assumed this was a scam. Called the # he gave me out of sheer curiosity. Man on phone with a British Indian accent answered very generically "Hello how may I help you?" & at the end of the convo he told me to call him once I got to Walmart so he could tell me how to properly fill out the form. I asked why he couldn't give me the info now & he skimmed over the question but told me to call him back by 7. Also I asked him to tell me how I could confirm this wasn't a scam. His response mentioned that the $150 fee would be reimbursed & acted as more of a deposit. It was an Unknown # that called me but the # I was supposed to call back was 8459774646. Hope this helps.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My cell and house phone keeps on ringing for the past two weeks calling from 202-100-2000 or 202-827-6594. I decided to answer it. The man had a foreign accent. He said my first name and zip code. I said, “Yes, and who is this?” He said, “This is the Federal Government and your name was randomly selected to receive a Grant in the amount of $9,000.” He also said I can use it to buy a car, pay bills, etc. I can also pick up the money by wire transfer (Western Union or Walmart), debit card, check or direct deposit. I told him wire transfer. I asked him, “Do I need to pay it back?” He said No, because it’s free money from the Federal Government. He gave me a code ** and call 202-643-8737 to receive instructions on getting my money.

At first, it sounds too Good to be True. So, I called the phone number and a woman had a foreign accent. She asked for my code (**), she said my name and zip code correctly. She said, “You can pick up your money from Walmart, but we would need $200 for bank fees.” I told her I do not have $200. She said, “Can you borrow it from a friend, family member or a spouse?” I told her No and said never mind and hung up the phone!! If the Government is giving you FREE Money, they should not ask for money from you. Be Careful, it’s a SCAM!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Non-Return Grant Money $9800.00. I received a call from operator with strong accent. Asked my age and said because I had not filed bankruptcy or did not have felony through the American Recovery & Reimbursement Act of 1990 I was awarded a grant that did not have to be paid back. I was given a code and told to call another number for senior agent who would release cash through Western Union at Walmart. I asked for the address of their office in Washington, he gave me the address and call back number and extension.

The man wanted me to go to Walmart right away and he would walk me through the process to avoid being charged registration fees with the federal reserve bank. I told him, "I would call back with my lawyer to make sure everything was legit." He said, "No", that no one else can know my code. After he walks me through it and I get the money the department will send text with legal documents. I said, "I will call you back when I'm dressed." He said, "Okay." I called original number that called me to see if someone would answer and they did but I hung up and checked your site. There the reviews sounded familiar and I knew that gut feeling was right. Who can't use the money, but I realize they are targeting seniors. So sad.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

US Treasury Grant ID ** FREE SELECTION 10-11-2017 MDH - Was called by 202 670-6518 (Google Phone) given Grant ID ** and ask for Amy **. Amy told me to take $200 CASH to Walgreens and buy a card. Call her from there. She will tell you which card to buy. When done call her again & Amy will tell you which Western Union to go to collect your $9,000 CASH + $200 refund!! Amy's ext is **. Oct 11, 2017.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

APPROVED FOR FREE $9,0000 GOVERNMENT GRANT CHECK. I keep receiving several calls from area codes 202, 500, sometimes the telephone number shows up as "N". These callers cannot speak English very well but they all say they have English names like Joe, James, Kate, Phil etc. Since then I have been blocking all calls from the area codes listed above. Please everyone BEWARE of this scam, especially the ELDERLY FOLKS. DON'T fall for this.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Was contacted by a woman who did not speak very good English - told me that I did not need to pay back the grant of $9950.00, and that I would need to speak with another department to get the funds. I asked what my name was, she answered. I asked what state I was in. No answer - then she got really defensive when I said I looked the phone number and nothing came up. I asked what state she was in and she answered Texas. I said, "well your phone number came up as 914-654-1832 New Rochelle, RA." When I said "Is that your number" she hesitated and then said yes - then got angry and said, "do you want the money or not." I am not going to waste my time any longer and she hung up on me. She stated she was from the US Finance Department. Called the number back and it was not even the correct number. SCAMMERS. Wish they could be caught.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I received a call from a lady this morning as I was getting ready for an appointment I had. She had a foreign accent and was very hard to understand. What I did understand was that I was being awarded a federal grant in the amount of $14,000. I stayed on the phone confirming the info SHE ALREADY HAD ON ME such as my address and telephone number. The last 4 digits of my social security number was the only info that I had to provide her with. She proceeds to tell me that I was picked to receive this grant due to demographics and the fact that I have never been convicted of a felony. (I WAS, IN FACT, CONVICTED OF FELONY DUI. The charge has been dropped to a misdemeanor.)

At this point, I am running late and she is informing me that I need to speak with her supervisor to ensure all info is correct. I politely told her that I had an appointment to be at and asked if I could give a callback. She started to talk over me. That was when I raised my voice and told her that I was hanging up. At 4:23 pm, my phone rang and it was her again. She asked if I was able to take her call and advised me that it would only take up about 15 minutes of my time. I agreed.

She recapped our earlier conversation and told me, again, that her supervisor needed to get on the line to verify all of the info. I was put on hold and about a minute later the "supervisor" was on the line. It was at this point that my gut feeling took over. As he went over my information, I was online "googling" Federal Grant Department. As I read, complaint after complaint, it was happening to me. I was being scammed. As I read on, halfway listening to this scam artist on the other end of the line, I saw that they were asking these innocent people to go load between $200 and $400 onto various cards.

He assured them that the money would and could not be touched. I stopped him in mid sentence and asked him if I was going to need to load $200 onto a card. I must have I caught him off guard because his tone of voice changed quickly into a defensive one and asked, "Who told you?" I should really have gone on with the act, but instead I told him that he had the wrong one. I told him that I was reading complaint after complaint that he was trying to scam me and I ended the call. BEWARE OF THESE SCUM!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I got a phone call this morning from a lady that didn't speak very well English and she told me I've been given a federal grant for $8,700 just because I pay my bills and bunch of other stuff and said I had no police record or bankruptcy and said it wont cost me a dime. She ask how I wanted it I said Walmart money gram. She had me call this number 202-899-9495 and talk to George ** ext **. He said it was free money only thing I have to do is pay to register at Walmart and he would also give me that money back. I called Walmart to see how much it would cost but they would not tell me. He said I need to give them my id ** I told him I dont drive so I will have to go sometime tomorrow. He said that was fine to call him when I get in the parking lot.

Then a few hours later I get another call from yes another one from the federal government again his name was James **. This time my id was ** same thing George told me so did he I asked him lots of questions this time I wanted a website he said go to obama.com. I did it said "this website is for sell" then he said "go to governmentgrants.com" and I told him I did and it says "this is a scam". I told James and he got very upset. I told him thats what it says he swore up and down this is no scam. It is free money not everyone knows about it so he asked me to call this number 206-259-5875. I told him I am doing things right now it will be a few hours before I can call. I did not give no money or pay to register at Walmart but I just have a feeling this is a SCAM. Wanted to let everyone know.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Uganda at the homeland - Callers promise $9000 from "government office" With name randomly selected (Red flags, no govern office named to verify, random, amount and no address). Inquire for address and specific government office - they defensive, unable/refuse. Ask if I call back will I get an answerable number. They hung up. If it sounds unbelievable - it may be Nigerian scammer in this country.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I received a call from 212-691-6329. A very polite gentleman with a thick Indian or Pakistani accent told me that I had qualified for a government grant of $9,750. All I had to do was to call 585-701-1025 or 845-350-0432 with the ID code he gave me and they would send a check for that amount to my home address. I decided to try it out. Interestingly, I was told that I had an incorrect number (though I had verified it with the original caller). So, I guess I'm safe for now. It's a weird scam, though. I can't imagine how they get the money from you. The original caller assured me that the phone calls were free and that I wouldn't have to give out any personal information. A puzzle!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I received a call from a Jordan ** claiming to work with the US FEDERAL GRANTS DEPARTMENT. (I have recently applied for a pell grant). He informed me that I was approved for a grant of 9000.00. He provided me with a website, www.grants.gov, a phone number, **, my grant approval ID, **, and also gave me information to contact the banking officer Danny ** at extension **. They informed me that my money had been released on 6/30/2017. He then gave me a username and a password for the website @ www.grants.gov. I proceeded to check online and sure enough I have an account on this website stating everything he had said was true. I asked for a main office address which he provided and then mapped it and it is the human and health services department in Washington Dc. This man even knew my FAFSA information.

He stayed on the phone with me continuing to tell me this is not a scam you have nothing to worry about you have all of my information. Because of the personal information he had on me, (my FAFSA information, address, phone number, bday, how many children had divorced, EVERYTHING, I fell for this stupid scam. I called another man this Jordan character had given me and his name was Ben ** from the FEDERAL BANK RESERVE in New York, New York at **. His badge number was **. He told me my mind was released as well but since it was coming from New York and going to New Mexico,( keep in mind I told him I didn't want money gram or western union I wanted it on my Emerald Card), there would be a 420.00 tax fee. I asked why he couldn't take it out of the money I was receiving and he said it's not allowed it has to be sent by the receiver.

Things just escalated from there I hung up pissed off and he continued to call me back. I even told him he had already scammed me enough he wasn't gettin anything else from me. He proceeded to tell me about the grants.gov login again telling me it can't be a scam it is a government website and a government loan. at the start my loan was $9000.00. an hour and a half later he told me again but this time it increases to 9665.00. The reason for this being my reimbursement for the taxes and registration fees. SCAM!! DON'T BE FOOLED IF THEY KNOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HANG UP RIGHT AWAY!! THEY'RE PROBABLY WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE! STAY SAFE Y'ALL AND REPORT THESE PEOPLE!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I received a call from **, Peter, Asian accent but understandable. He says the grant I applied for had been approved. All I needed to do was get a specific card and load 250$. Then confirm to him I have the card, not give him the card info or the money, he would then give me the Western Union numbers, I then go to Western Union, collect 9,700$, then give them the card with the 250$ still on it and I would be refunded that 250$ on the spot. He was not pushy, only asked me to confirm my zip code, asked for no further information. The whole thing does not make sense nor does it sound at all logical. Wondering how this Peter would get my 250$ if I will not be asked for the info on the card just confirmation that I have it. This is a scam, just not sure how they're working it. Beware, don't fall for this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have applied to a lot of jobs, so I have answered every incoming call. Normally, I screen the call and if I don't recognize the number or have a name assigned, it goes to voicemail. As a result, I have received the all zeros, unknown, private, and area codes 312, 727, 315, 325, etc. A couple have asked for me by first name, then the call drops. Others have just hung up. But I finally got to talk to a guy. $9000 Grant for being a good tax paying citizen. I chose the money order option because the only time I have received "free" money from the US Government was when I re-enlisted into the Army. Code provided: **. Call: 360-209-7339. Call received from: 360-100-2222. Did not waste my time calling. Immediately logged into here to provide information. Please, the IRS and the Dept of Defense have my account information, they been making direct deposits of my pay and tax returns for years. If they wanted to send me money, they got the info.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Just received call, from a private number, from a guy with poor english called Jackson and said I qualified for a $9000 govt. grant. He gave me a code and a number to call to get my grant, 202-657-4494. I called it and got Steve ** (also with poor english) who told me to go to my nearest Walmart with $99 processing fee and pick up my $9000 Instagram and to call him from the parking lot for further instructions and this grant would be for $9099 to reimburse me for the $99 fee to receive this. As this has every indicator of a scam to take my $99 I think I will pass up my $9000 govt. grant.

Original review: July 20, 2017

They keep calling me & telling me that I'm going to get a grant for $9,200 & that I have to go buy some gift card for $200 then call them back. But I don't have money to buy any gift card so I've told them that but they still keep calling me over & over again!

Original review: July 18, 2017

I just had someone call from 2027969232. The number came up as Washington D C5. This woman with an accent came on the line and stated that I had filled out a survey, pay my bills, and taxes that I qualified for a 9000 Loyalty Grant. She asked what method would I like my payment. Banking or checking account, on my credit card or Western Union. I choose the last to see what would happen. She then continued to give me instructions to call this number right away. The number she gave me was 2028367644 and with a ID for the grant JH201. I didn't call the number. Instead I went on here. All I said during the call was ok. There is a phone scam called "Can you Hear me now." Where they get you to say yes and use this to purchase item in your name.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I received a call at work from a blocked number at work. I usually don't answer to private numbers, however, I have just purchased a house and wanted to make sure it wasn't a lender needing more information. When I answered a woman with an extremely thick middle eastern accent was on the other end of the line claiming that she was from the US Government Grant program and told me I was randomly selected for a grant of $10,000 dollars. She told me she could give me cash or directly deposit the money to my account. I jokingly told her to send a check through the mail and she said, "Have a nice day" and hung up on me. Obviously this is a scam. Don't give out your information. Anytime you see a private number and they are asking for your bank information... DON'T GIVE IT OUT. Common sense.

Original review: July 14, 2017

So I got a call yesterday from a Ronald ** saying I've been selected in receiving 6,000 some free money because I have a clean record and then said I had to call this number and give a caller id. I said I wouldn't be able to and he said to call tomorrow, meaning today, and I was like okay but I was pretty sure it was a scam since I was able to call yesterday. I just didn't want to. Well today in the morning I had a missed call from that number and was like yeah this is definitely a scam but I called the number anyway. The line kept ringing and then it went busy. So I was like whatever I tried again and it did the same. After that I decided to look it up and came across this... lol knew it was a scam but it real true like hell yeah 6000 would do a lot in my favor.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I had 3 missed calls from a number from New York. I called back and a man whom barely spoke English said I had been selected for a $9,000 grant. I asked where he was from and he would not answer. He just kept saying the government. Then finally he said he was from Washington DC lol. While he was asking me for my name and birth date I was Googling because this did NOT sound legit. The IRS will never contact you via phone, why would some anonymous branch of the government want to call lil ol me?

Luckily for me, this site with these reviews popped up. Instead of answering his questions, I said "Ya know, I'm reading something online right now that says you're a scammer soo..." and he said "No worries ma'am! We will cut the line!" and he hung up. I laughed for like 5 minutes lol. Thanks so much for sharing your experience so that I did not get sucked into a scam that would drain the little bit of money I do have. I hope these reviews help others too. I would like to rate them with negative stars please lol. :p

Original review: July 7, 2017

I had a similar experience with multiple calls from New York today 929-274-4261 and 315-294-0082. The caller asked me to verify some information which I uh-hushed through. The first one gave me my special four digit number to give to someone at another number. I said ok and got off the phone. An hour later the other New York number called and gave me another number to call and another special id. When I called the number they gave me it was a google answering service asked for a name which I did not have.

Three hours later the first person called me back and said I had to call that number right away. Being a little curious, I called and spoke to Bruce... he gives me this big spiel about how I have won the money, I opted for the cash option, all I had to do was go purchase $200 in iTunes cards, but I had to call him before I went into the store. Told him I could not go today so he said to keep his name and number for tomorrow. Now not sure what to do about him, but needless to say, I am NOT going to WalMart for iTunes cards.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I received several cell phone calls from Unknown calls. Today, the unknown called I answered it. I ask "Who is it?" Hher name is Christine ** ID# ** saying that I was selected to receive $7,000.00 free money. I asked her how that works. She told me that the Federal Government Grant Department of Washington, DC choose the persons randomly. Christine ** ID# ** even gave me the Western Union 10 # SE32YKF321 with the amount seven thousand dollars that I was getting. She gave me this #2027809127 to call back. I was so skeptical that I did call that number. I spoke to the manager his name is Mr. ** (government extension). He wasn't American with a strong accent that I couldn't understand him. Mr. ** gave me Tracking # from Western Union 3708820031 and 3708237371 with the individual amount of $3,500.00 with both tracking # adding the amount of $7,000.00.

He wanted me to purchase a $200.00 ITunes cards from Walmart. As soon I purchase the cards I would call Mr. ** about my purchase ITunes cards. Mr. ** even gave me a Registration # GTR085301 so I can pick up the free money. I would like to know where these scammers get this information? Right now that I'm giving the complaint I received a cell phone call with this #2027809127. For those seeking who are reading ConsumerAffairs reviews please write down the phones #. These foreigners are scammers. The staffs that works in ConsumersAffairs should take action to these complaints and notify to the Federal Government.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had about 4 missed calls all day from a lot 202 number that when you call back basically says doesn't exist. They told me I was one of 1500 people receiving a $9000 grant. They gave me another number to call and a code to give to no one and I could get it at Walmart. All I had to do was buy a $250 government registration gift card which I looked up and can't really find.

I called this number and was suppose to speak with a financier or something. That's when I got told about the $250 saying it was to not get taxed on the $9000 and that I would get it back with the $9000. All I needed was to bring my I.D. with me and they would help me the whole time throughout the store so I was buying the right card. I looked all this up online and seen all these reviews and knew it must be a scam. It's all the same story. I almost fell for it. The lady's were so nice and so believable. They even told me to have a blessed day. Don't fall for it. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As for grants, the government doesn't call you and tell you when you get one specially if you didn't apply for one.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Over the last 2 days I have received over 20 calls from US numbers maintaining all 0's. Western Union, cash, bank transfer and Moneygram were my options. I gave no truthful information nor will I be calling the number. 202-827-5410-Treasury Department, Western union, $9000 US Grant, Confirmation code LM107. Jessica is the representative I finally talked with.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I received a call today from someone claiming to be David ** who told me I was randomly chosen to receive a federal grant for $9,000. I asked for the name of the grant, what government program or legislation created this grant, and he kept repeating, "It's a federal government grant!" "Mr. **" told me that I would need to pay $100 to register for this grant (I'm constantly asking him more questions during this time). He said I would need to purchase a $100 "Steam card" at Walmart or CVS to pay to register and receive the $9,000 grant. I was searching the internet to figure out what a Steam card is and learned that it is a game card you can load money onto for gifts to family and friends. He told me that CVS and Walmart had "money gram." I suppose he meant Western Union services.

I've been scammed like this before and I gave him a pretty hard time. I told him he must not understand our federal government because citizens and college students never magically receive grant monies without applying for them. I also told him that a legitimate "free grant" never required something as weird as buying a Steam card and loading $100 onto it. I told him that I understand that computer generated calls can use a Washington, DC number even if he was calling from Vietnam. He continued to insist that he worked for the federal grant department of the USA. I told "Mr. Cooper" that it would not be wise to try and scam college students, especially those with graduate degrees because we are not stupid.

I found the Consumer Affairs page with his scam listed and read it off to him. This guy would not relent, and I admit I enjoyed messing with him; similar scammers called me several times in the past. I continued to ask for the name of the grant; he was furious and began screaming, "It is a federal government grant!!!" I was laughing so hard as I continued asking him questions that he could not answer, like where is your call center located, which country, that I could barely stop laughing? I asked him for the last time what the name of the grant or program was and he yelled, "Do I have to explain this to you 50 times? It's a randomly selected (sounds legitimate, huh) federal government grant!!!" I told him he should consider moving to Russia because the Russians are much better at scamming than him and hung up.

It was a great experience to mess with a scammer so badly that "Mr. David **" lost his temper. Mr ** gave me his direct line if anyone would like to return his call; his number is (202) 813-0056, ext. #114. I hope no one falls for this scam; if anyone hears a call center in the background with Asian voices that you can barely understand, then just hang up. LOL! Update: Can anyone believe that I received another call just like the first one before I could finish writing this review? Who are these idiots? I made this guy so angry that he cursed me, used the "f" word, and told me to go to hell. I told him to enjoy his karma for trying to defraud Americans and to enjoy his desperate, miserable life. Surely our government can do something about this; is there a way to avoid these ridiculous computer-generated calls? This call's number showed as (929) 800-2686. What a day!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was called today by a 202 area code. The heavy-accented caller said I was approved for a Government Grant for 10 thousand dollars. He wanted to stay on the phone with me while I went and purchased 2-$100 Apple iTunes cards. After I had purchased them.. He wanted me to go back and purchase $499 more! After I looked online and seen how big of a scam this is, I told him I knew it was a scam. He argued with me about how it’s not a scam, and kept asking me to borrow money from someone so that I could purchase more cards. Even after I yelled and got upset with him for scamming me, he continued on with wanting me to come up with money to go back to Walmart. These foreign people are inconsiderate and they are scam artists! Something needs to be done!

Original review: June 1, 2017

I received several phone calls from a number with a Seattle area code 206-596-0560. I generally don't answer out of state calls but this one was becoming an annoyance so I answered it. A woman with a foreign accent informed me that I had been randomly selected by the federal government to receive a government grant in the amount of $9,200.00 because I met some ridiculous eligibility criteria and I was to call another number 206-596-0567. She gave me an eligibility code of **.

I called the other number and a male with a strong middle-eastern accent answered. I gave him the ID number I received on the previous call and he misrepresented himself to be an agent with the federal grants department. He gave me several options as to how to receive my money but since I wasn't registered with the grants department I would need to register and I selected Western Union Moneygram as my form of payment from them. He told me to call him back from the parking lot of my local Walmart and he would walk me through registering by purchasing a $200 debit card at Walmart. Once this was done he would debit the card and release my money to Moneygram along with the $200 I just paid for the card. He said that because of the amount, it would need to be done in two separate transactions of $4,600.00 each.

I became very skeptical at this point and told him that I didn't have the $200 to pay up front and his response was, "that's your problem, not mine," at which time I became enraged and told him to go ** himself. He told me the same in return and hung up on me. I called back and got a different male operator with the suspicious accent who told me that I didn't have to pay anything and proceeded to give me two "MTC" numbers for each of the two transactions. Then mysteriously the line had a poor connection and he told me he'd call me right back, but he never did. I was tempted to go through with this but decided to research the outfit for a scam and found many other reviews of the same nature so I called them back and told the next person that I was reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission for Internet Fraud and he hung up on me.