Government Grant Scams

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received two calls from a weird number of 9's. I answered the second call and the person had a very thick Indian accent claiming that I was among 1000 selected to receive a $9500 grant. That I don't have to pay taxes on that is authorized by Heath & Human Services. I maintained a skeptical tone and the call just disconnected, undoubtedly because he wouldn't be able to collect personal information from me. Please beware (ARRA Grant Scam). If someone wants to send you money from an official source, they should have your address and mail it you. Don't give them your address. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't send what they promised but there's no identity impact.

Yesterday my phone started ringing... the number started with a + sign and said Egypt. I usually don't answer my phone but for some reason I did. It was a guy with a foreign accent saying that he worked with the US government and I was going to receive 9000 dollars from them. He gave me a confirmation number and told me not to TELL ANYONE! That after he asked me a few questions he wanted me to call his supervisor at the treasury department. By the way besides my name, phone number, and email address every bit of the information he said to confirm was ALL WRONG! BUT he said "you are probably wondering why you were chosen" and of course I said yes.

He told me that I got picked from a demographic survey and I was getting this money because I pay my taxes on time, I don't have a criminal record, I am a single mother and because I fall into the low income bracket. I thought it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! But at the same time I thought it was a BLESSING that I needed so very much...

I got his name - he said it was Mark ** and his extension number was **. I asked him if that was his real name because of his accent I knew there was no way that it was! But he made everything sound so convincing that I hung up with him and call "the treasury department" 315-281-9371. This guy basically said all the same things but said he would stay on the phone with me till everything was complete and I had nothing to worry about - that in 10-15 minutes I would be getting my 9000 dollars! He said after he made sure everything was correct- that I was the right person getting the money he would tell me what to do next.

First he said "you can either get your money through MoneyGram, Western Union," or my bank account. He asked which I preferred - I said "MoneyGram". So then he starts telling me some crap about the taxes in Georgia and how it won't allow them to send the money to me unless I do this ONE TIME REGISTRATION. So in order to do the registration I would have to buy a $200 iTunes card. When I told him that there was no way I could pay $200 - he then said "well I can still do it for you if you purchase a $100 card." So after I purchase it and do the registration then that would activate the MoneyGram so they could receive the money from the bank and I would be reimbursed for the $100 or $200 iTunes card plus the 9 grand!!!

I got off the phone with him because I was going to try to borrow the money since I was about to be getting 9 thousand dollars so he told me to call him back. When I did try to call him back it said the Google subscriber you are trying to reach is unavailable. He called me back- I asked him why they couldn't just take out the taxes outta the MoneyGram instead of buying that card. I asked him to just send me a paper check. He kept saying he couldn't till I did that registration. I asked him where he worked at again and he said for the United States government - the federal grants department. And both the guys kept saying that our call was being monitored by the FBI and that our call was being recorded. At the end of the call - I didn't have the money to do it - thank God. So he said that I could do it today... which didn't make sense because they kept saying today was transaction day.

I was called by a phone number 202-976-7581 and told that I have won a grant for $9,000.00. I asked him how and he gave me the phone number 202-754-9863 and I was to give him a code and ask for Peter **. I called and they said he was Peter ** and I asked what kind of grant and where did it come from and he said the American Recover Act and asked me if I had any crimes. He said, "Hold on and I will get your file." He asked for my first name and when he came back he asked how I wanted the money and I said by check. He then asked for my address. I told him I wanted to do some research and I would call him back. I did not give him any more info and I did not give him my address. It sounded like a scam and I believe it is.

I received a call today by name Kelvin ** and said he is calling from the US Federal Grant Department and FBI, who informed me that I have just received $7000 through a grant because I never file bankruptcy, pay my taxes and has no criminal record. I asked her if this was a scam and she said no. She asked to verify my address and continued to asked how would I like to received this money whether through my bank account or through MoneyGram or through Walmart. I said 'Walmart'. He gave me another call back number 2064515153 and gave me a Grant Confirmation no# AQ106.

I was very excited to hear and so first I called my husband to inform him so. He asked me to Google and I found this page full of people getting cheated and information being misused. I got a call back again from Kelvin and I blasted him for being fraud. Kelvin was so confidently talking that I wondered if I was incorrect. Friends thank you for sharing your information/story, I got saved from scam.

I received a phone call with a man whom doesn't have an English accent. He stated that he was US Treasury and had information from the health department. That back in 2008 there was a crash and I was eligible for a grant of $9,000 because I was in a category of being a single male, single female with children or I worked for the government or a received funds from the government.

He then asked if that's correct. If I was either single, had children or work for the government etcetera etcetera. I replied yes because it was true. He then asked me if I would need the $9,000 for a good reason such as reconstruction of a home, paying off bills or in need of a new car. I replied yes. He then asked me if I was employed or unemployed and what my circumstances was. At this point my flag went up, actually my second flag and replied that I am not working and I'm taking care of my parents so $9,000 would help me a lot since I can't buy groceries or pay bills right now.

Thinking he would have a heart and to know at this point this is a scam not to continue and save faith. He continued by asking if there's a Walmart or a Walgreens or anything next to me that I might be able to receive the money by MoneyGram. I replied yes and then his next exclamations were how I was selected buy a random survey Across the Nation and then told me that I needed to go down to one of these locations and get a registration card for $220 so that I don't have to pay the New York tax, the California tax and then I would receive $9,220 in hand in 10 minutes.

After this long conversation about 20 minutes I agreed and I told them that I love them and God bless them and "Thank you so much because you're saving my life," and he still said, "I'll be expecting your call." These people are evil. I'm in a destitute situation. I live in a very unhealthy way because I can't afford to live anywhere else and people like me are getting scammed and it's very sad that those scrape together any kind of money thinking that the US Treasury or health department will be giving them a grant because they are destitute.

If I didn't work for the government I probably would have fell for it. I am that destitute. The most disturbing and scariest part is that they knew my address and my last name and my phone number! Here is the information that they gave me and one phone call prior to the next one that I had to call to verify with a senior accountant. $9000 dollars. ** Senior accountant phone# 2026561024. Health dept. Walgreen CA license. Chris ** The last and silly flag was the fact that the man could not barely speak English and his name was Chris **. Hahaha. I'm sorry for the people that are so broke, they aren't paying attention to the flags, that actually go through with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews?

I have been getting several phone calls per day from foreign-accented people who want to give me loans or grants. Yesterday I spoke with a heavy accented fast-speaking "Franky" Mac ** from the U.S. Federal Grants Dept. I had been chosen to receive $9000 because I pay my taxes on time, have not been convicted of a crime, and have good standing in my community. (Boy! They don't know me!) They gave me a money activation code #TL107 and a call-back number: 646-632-1162. Franky's number was 646-632-1351 x1011.

Today (April 18, 2017) I called those numbers only to find that they are not in service. I had already given them my bank info and checking account number that is currently active. Today I called my bank and found out that no money had been removed - yet. I then created a new account but cannot close out the old account until all the direct deposits have been notified and changed. For the next several weeks I have to keep a close eye on my account to prevent the scammers from getting away clean by withdrawing from my account. Lesson learned. Beware of anything free because nothing is really free in this world. We receive what we pay for. Hopefully, this will help other seniors from falling into this kind of false giveaway pretense.

I currently reside in NJ, I came here from Florida. Today @ approximately 1:21 P.M. this guy calls me, "Hi my name is Steve ** and since you've been a wonderful citizen, no criminal record in 6 months," and I pay my Bills on time, etc... the list goes on. So Steve finally tells me after getting my hopes up, first the only remaining requirements of receiving this grant from the government was I had to purchase an Apple iTunes card and pay them the government "Steve **" $200.00 OMG. THEY HAD MY HOPES UP SO HIGH, I CRIED. I couldn't believe these heartless people, lying to be working for the government and "giving" away grants. In all reality, they are stealing other people's money that we do not have. It's sad to have such marketing going on like this. Something needs to be done. His name: Steve ** badge I.D # gov **. Money tracking # is also available. I just want to know if this a scam or real? Thank you very much.

Had some fun with this! I listened to the person then told them I teleported to Walmart to pick up my 9K but said that I was strapped for cash and asked if they could front me the 200 for the card out of the money they were going to grant me. The operator said they cannot do that so I told the operator I was struggling with an addiction and that I really needed the money. I then became desperate and said I was sleeping on the streets and 9k could help me wipe my ** in the cold for a very long time. Don't waste your time with this people. I spent entirely too much time fabbing up this story to tell them.

Today, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, I received a call with a 202 area code. I almost didn't answer (because out-of-area calls are usually scams). I was addressed by name, by a man named Mark **, clearly not a American accent. Phone number 202-783-4543. Mark told me all of the same scam info that other people in these reviews have experienced. Free money $10,200 from the US Government, blah blah blah. I was very suspicious from the start, but I continued to listen, my interest was high but suspicion didn't change.

After Mark and I finished our conversation, I was told to call another number immediately, 202-552-3775, it was answered by a woman also with a different accent than I had ever heard. Her name supposedly is Jane **, Ext. **. Jane explained all of the hoops I had to go through to receive a MoneyGram 10,200. I was to go to a local market to deposit $200 into a gift card. I told them, "I don't understand why I have to give money to get money." Jane started to get annoyed with me and kept repeating the same script, I said, "You aren't answering my question by repeating everything over and over." I told Jane I would go up to my local Walmart and follow her instructions, she told me to call her before I get inside the store, I didn't. Jane said that the store clerk can't help me and she will give all the information.

I was at the front desk when I called Jane back. The clerk overheard my conversation with Jane to put 200.00 in a iTunes card. "WMC said that is a scam." I hung up and thanked the WMC for letting me know (although in my gut I knew it). I shortly called Jane back and told her she should be ashamed of herself for scamming people. I hung up, came back home. Although I was one of the lucky ones, believe it when your gut is telling you, "This is to good to be true" --

BELIEVE IT!!! There are horrible people out there that would sell their family to make a buck.

I received a call yesterday from a lady whose name is Esther ** from the US Federal Grant Department who informed me that I have just received $7000 through a grant because I never file bankruptcy, pay my taxes and has no criminal record. I asked her if this was a scam and she said no. She asked to verify my address and continued to asked how would I like to received this money whether through my bank account or through MoneyGram. I said 'MoneyGram ". She said "great." She transferred me to a Alvin ** at 206-929-6913 who informed me that all I need to do is purchase for the activation fee which is $300 and once I received the money it should be a total of $7300.

He said once I get to Walmart before I get into the store to call him and he will walk me through the process to pay for the activation fee because I cannot purchase it in Walmart. You do not pay to receive money from MoneyGram. That was the biggest red flag that I spotted and informed me that the money is a one time grant and I do not have to pay back. One thing I know, the federal government agencies do not call anyone not even IRS. I can assure anyone who receive these call are scams. Folks pay attention. We are coming to the end of the tax season and these people are out to get your hard earn tax money and then disappeared. As I read the reviews ahead of mine you can realize the pattern. All of the claims have a different telephone number to reach them. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND BE SAFE!

Received calls from supposedly the United States Federal Office of Grants and Treasury. They were asking me to confirm my personal information. When I started reading to them complaints of other people having received these calls, they hung up.

They have been blowing up my phone for several days. People with thick foreign accents calling to say I've been selected for a grant of $9000 because I pay taxes on time and no bankruptcy, etc. I was given a number to call where I was asked to purchase a card for iTunes in the amount of $250. I immediately hung up as I was certain it was a scam. Just now I answered a call from them and asked to have them stop calling me. I said they're full of ** and have been reported. The man said I'm the stupidest person on the planet then he hung up. I used ACR to record all the calls and have saved them. The strangest part is that I recently changed my Sideline number to a new area code and number. They called this morning on the other line asking for me. Only Sideline had that information so beware of that app as well. I believe my information was sold by SIDELINE. There is no other way they could know that number is mine.

I got a call from DC that stated that because I had no criminal record, never filed for bankruptcy, and paid taxes on time I qualified for a grant that never has to be repaid for $14,566. The number on CID was 202-635-6418. The callback # was 469-342-0516. The address they gave me was 200 Independence Ave Washington. The website they gave me to check was www.grants.gov which is a government website. The supervisor said his name was ** and his ID# **. He said he worked for the National Institute of Health. My supposed grant # was **. He wanted me to call him back when I was outside a retail store and he would stay on the phone with me through everything and I'd get the money after I purchased a Apple card for $250.00 and gave him the number on the receipt... He said it is 1.7% of 14,566.00 and it had to be done this way because Apple sponsored the Grant. I'm not sure 100% but I didn't do it and wanted to maybe save someone else from a mistake.

They said that I was approved for a Personal Loyalty Grant for $9,000 if I send in $200 for the registration fee. So I did then they said that they need another $450 for tax fees to wire the money from Washington D.C. The # 202-455-5679 Rebecca x162 then she transferred me to 404-455-9111 Henry. Can someone help me please.

Yesterday I received a call. The caller ID said Washington DC. A man with a heavy foreign accent said I was selected to receive a $10,000 government grant. I asked why. He proceeded to tell me because I file my taxes on time, pay my taxes on time and have excellent credit therefore I am eligible for the grant. He asked how I would like to receive it, through Western Union, Wal-Mart or, I think he said, CVS. He was very difficult to understand. He asked me to get a pen and paper to write down the money ID number and a callback number. Even though suspicious, I did. He told me to call the number immediately when we hung up. Instead I googled it and found hundreds of people who have been victimized by this scam luring them to pay fees for transferring the money which never happens. I didn't call back and dropped it.

I received at least 4 calls the rest of the day from "Washington DC". It gets better. I had a friend request on Facebook by someone in my community. I accepted the request (I had forgotten we were already friends). About 30 minutes later she said hi and ask how I doing. I replied that I was fine and asked how she was. She said she was happy and asked if I've heard the good news. I asked, "What good news?" She said about the government grant money. I immediately blocked it and unfriended that person. I checked my friends list and we were already friends and her account had been hacked. So be cautious of any friend request on Facebook. If you are already friends, don't accept it. There has to be a way to stop this!!!

I just received a call from Elaina, claiming she is with US Government Grant Dept. Her phone number is 469 214 8176. She claims I won $7000 because of good standing in paying my taxes, do not have filed for bankruptcy and with good standing in my banking system. I have to call Alvin at 646 7400559. She gave me my grant ID number **, which I should give it to this called Alvin. I knew from the start it is scam because I have other scams before since they target mainly foreign names.

After calling Al... he put me on hold for two minutes, came back and said in order to get the money I have to go to Walmart as soon as possible and once I get to the parking lot I have to call him. He said I have to pay $250.00, this is not a fee but taxes on the grant money, and asked how would I pay for it. I said cash, since I did not want to use credit just to get all information. When I call him he will tell me what to do. I have to purchase registration card and use this confirmation number ** and he will help once I get to WALMART.

I just received a call about free federal grant money but here is a twist. The guy said his name was Kevin but he has a real thick middle eastern accent. The first thing he says is that this offer won't cost me nothing and I won't have to reveal my bank account number or social security. He is a real smooth fast talker but he slips up at one point and calls me Elizabeth. It sounds like he is reading a script. They asked me to verify info such as your address, phone and email address. They will reveal that they have this info first but want you to verify that it is correct by reciting the info back to them.

So I played along but then things got weird when they I answered 5 questions (I just made up answers) then the guy turns around as says he is going to tell my the qualifying answers so I can qualify for the most money. So he commences to telling me a series of answers and the says he is going to coach me through the questions and then transfer my call to another agent. So he asks me the first question and I answer the opposite by say no, and then I tell him I shouldn't have to lie and I won't lie to qualify for this free grant money. He gets upset and asks me why did I waste HIS time? I told him I didn't waste his time and hung up the phone.

I was called. The man had a very broken accent! Said the US Government selected me to receive a 9200.00 grant. The man called from (202)789-5587. I immediately came to check if others had received the same type of call. I did not give out any of my information.

Heavily accented Middle Eastern call my personal cellphone with my address, phone number, whole name... etc. Told me I had been awarded $6700 in federal grant money from the government, told me a confirmation number **. A callback number 6466321129 my caller ID said Washington DC but when I reverse searched the number said New York. Total scam. Wants $200 to pick up money at Walgreens or CVS whatever or if I gave him my bank account I could get it in ten minutes... trust me.

After the first call I googled it and saw it was happening to hundreds of other people so I called the number and told them, "I looked it up online and it says you want $200 to pick up the money and why is it saying this online?" He said, "Well the money doesn't go to me..." (him) and I said, "OK how did you get my information..." Then he paused and I said, "I said how did you get my information!!" And he hung up. End of story. There is no free money in the world. It's a scam... stupid hacker. Indian Arab **. Do not give them money!!!

I just received a call from these scammers, and this not the first time they've called me. I spoke to a woman. She told me all about the so called fake 9000 grant I won, then she told me to call Tony. I called Tony and told him I wanted to work for him so I could scam people out of their hard earned money, I wanted to be just like him, lol. He told me this was not a scam, so I asked him, "I don't have to send you any money?" He said "no I didn't ask you for any money", then he turns around and says "but you need to pay $200 for a registration card."

I then told him, "no I just want to work for you and your company". Tony hung up the phone on me, I called back several times and he kept hanging up the phone. Finally someone else answered the phone, and I explained to them how I wanted for their company. Long story short, he said I was smart, but I would have to come to the Philippines, that's where their company was. Then he said it's easy, you have to know how to talk to people and convince them to believe you!!! Scam alert, these are nothing but scam, do not ever give anyone your personal information over the phone concerning free money that you do not know it's a scam and when they ask you for money, THAT MONEY IS FOR THEM!!!

16 March, 2017 received a call from a Government Grant Program the did not require me to repay. Caller was a female with a VERY heavy foreign accent. This call number was 206-912-1212. This number has called my home number multiple times the last two days. I answered out of frustration with so many calls. After the caller explained the reason for the call, she then proceeded to provided a "grant number" and a separate number to call for the Supervisor. His number is 206-212-1710.

I found it interesting that the prefix for the initial caller was 912. The initial caller said I needed to call back in 10 minutes as he was on the telephone with another candidate. The prefix for the supervisor was 212. Usually facility prefix numbers are the same. The initial caller had my home address, my home number. She made the statement that no government agency ever asked for neither your banking or credit card info. I for this grant because of "great credit, no defaulting on any payments for over a year and not declaring foreclosing".

I also received a call today. I went through the same process as you all. 2028367644. I went all the way as to making the second call. But before I made the second call I told the first caller I don't have time for scams. I told him that a woman has been calling me months telling me I was chosen for this grant money. He said it was impossible because this lottery just started. I continued on with the process calling second number and giving my code. I began telling him the same thing that I pray it's not a scam because I really do need the money and don't want to go through another scam. He asked me what would I use the money for and I told him I prayed for money for me to start my business and to help my kids and grandchildren. I found myself crying on the phone begging this man please don't be a scam. He promised me that it wasn't.

He then told me about the options MoneyGram and 250 fee. I said "See all this talk you did about free money, I knew there was a catch..." He began promising me again it wasn't a scam swearing on everything that he loves and said to me he hears my pain. He would never do that to me because he believe it will come back on him. I told him I didn't have the money and I would have to borrow it. He said not to worry. They will get the money back... He kept over and over saying "Please don't worry. This is real money and it is not a scam." I cried thinking this was finally the financial break I needed to get ahead after a long struggles. I began to thank him so he said "When you get there call me and I will guide you through personally." LOL. OMG. He said "And when you get this money today for you and your family you can call me and say thank you for your money."

I hung up thinking this is what I really needed. After a long challenge of filling out job applications online for a yr with no success. After crying like a baby I wiped my eyes and called my best friend who immediately said it was a scam. Me being desperate got a little upset because he didn't realize this was my miracle even though we are both Christians LOL. I wanted to believe that good is still out there and in my own way tried to convince him that the man did everything to convince me that it was legit and promised on his kids. Funny thing I didn't even know whether he had kids or not. He said "No it's a scam." I hung up from him and typed online and came across all of you who went through the same thing.

There is another scam (Secret Shoppers) with big checks through the mail and you have to go to MoneyGram or Western Union. Beware, beware, beware. I want to say to you all that are struggling like myself. Our time will come. God will see us through our trying times. Be patient and we won't be scammed by anyone. Keep your faith. This means me too. LOL.

Unlike the other reviews I was contacted by an Anne and online. A friend text me & asked if I got my money yet. I'd already @ that time dismissed this as a scam, & didn't know what he'd meant. He regave me a link to Anne Ane, government agent. I messaged her & she quickly replied. My friend said he'd gotten $40_000 & paid 1500. He said that an agent delivered the cash to his door within 24 hrs. Said that he was shown list & my name was on it & he didn't want me to miss out. This "program" is supposedly a grant for individuals that need help with finances, buying home, car etc. However you first have to send payment fee & the bigger the payment the bigger the grant is, also you pick grant amount such as $4000 for $100,000!?

You cannot reach them by mail only FB link, & then after you message them they/she messages you back. Promised 24 hr delivery cash or check, & warned me to tell no one so IRS not take 40% of grant & to avoid double claim?! My friend says he swears it's real, & he received $80,000 cash within 24 hrs to his door. Why would a government agency want you to pay first for grant & with MoneyGram? Also, why would said government agency warn you about IRS taxing your money?

Aren't they both federal government agencies? But, what would my friend have to gain by lying? Although he has been asking a lot of questions about if all do it, amount, what date & SD I give my address yet. Anyone have similar story? Anyone actually get the grant money?

I received a phone call on 3/9/2017 from a restricted number. The man said I will receive a $10,000 grant free money for being a good citizen paying my bills on time, never filed bankruptcies and not having a criminal record. He had my name, address, email and phone number. He asked my age. He said I can receive the money three ways. Direct deposits, Walmart or Walgreens.

I asked him if this was a scam. He said, "No." In my mind I knew it was a scam because the government doesn't give money away. I am a Veteran so I know. He gave me a code and told me not to tell anyone the code because people can take the money. He gave me a phone number. 206-204-5263. To talk to the account manager. Then he hung up. I never called the number. I found this site and saw the similar stories. Do not fall for this scam.

I received a call today that I had avoided answering on My Cell Phone because it was a number I knew. Washington area code 202-246-1002. But others have been from Texas, Florida, Kansas and Minnesota. At 11:15 I answered to the voice of an very heavily accented man, Not profiling but of Mid-Eastern diversity (I have always been interested in different accents and pride myself on being able to distinguish).

He began to inform me he was calling from the US Federal Grant Verification Office. And he ask if he was speaking to (my name). I knew it was a scam but played along. He confirmed me The US GOV Grant Division in December had select my name to receive $9000. Of course, I said WOW! He continued as I asked questions. He said his name was Nick, I ask for his dept. Of course he said US Grant. He gave me a Approval number, I had asked him what number was his calling from before and then he gave me a number and said I need to call it when we hung up to receive my money. He actually made it sound so real.

He continued to tell me this was enacted through American Recovery and Reinvestment ACT 2009! That I could only use this $9000 for Home improvement, pay off Home loans, etc... And nothing Illegal. He was GOOD. Oh and he verified my Address, I didn't tell him, and my Gmail Account!!! I immediately changed my passwords. Please tell your family, friends, neighbors, Out it on Social Media, Work, Spread the word and please change your passwords to your accounts. Somehow these people had my address, name, phone number and Email address.

Received a call from the Federal Grants & Treasury Department this afternoon stating that I was one of 1500 people who qualified for $8,200 of free money from the government. Started with a man with a foreign accent asking me to register for $200 in order to receive the funds at Walgreens, Walmart or deposited into my account. When tried to ask questions, he would over talk me and gave me an approval code of ** and a phone number to call 206-420-0348. Out of curiosity I called the number and spoke to Mark ** who also had a very heavy foreign accent. He also tried to over talk me when I tried to ask questions as to why someone has to pay a registration fee to receive the funds. He never gave me an answer and was getting agitated with me. I know a scam when I see/hear one and this is a SCAM. I pray that they don't prey on an elderly person with this foolishness. Beware people.

I received a call today from FL **. The lady said her name was Cecil x113. She told me I qualified for a 7800 grant and would never need to pay back because of my past history of filing taxes and no criminal record. I was told there were three options for me to claim my grant 1. If I gave my debit card number they would transfer the money to my card (duh) 2. If I gave my bank account they could deposit directly in my account (really) 3. Cash in hand. To play along a little longer I chose "cash in hand". I guess by asking for cash in hand, I advanced to level two; I was given a number ** and confirmation # TS005. She wanted me to contact the number ASAP, and let her know if there were any problems. Although I wasn't going to call the number anyway; finding this thread was a good find; so I wanted to share my experience also.

1(205) 652-9333 called from Livingston, AL. They had called me this past Tuesday which was 02/21/2017 but when I would answer they wouldn't say anything and would just hang up. Then on 02/22/2017 at 6:43 the calls started to continue again. This time they were stating that my name was randomly selected by my government saying that I was eligible for a Government Grant of up to $9,000.00 and that I didn't need to pay anything back. I didn't believe this was true so I proceeded to hang up. They called me one more time after that and I answered this time there was a lady screaming at me in another language then she hung up. I'm getting irritated by how many times they've been calling me and would like for it to stop.

I received two calls! Once yesterday and another one today! They asked me my age... and they had all of my address and email information. I asked why do you want to know my age? The one yesterday said I qualify for $7000.00 and the one today said $8000.00. They make it sound real official and say because I paid my bills on time I qualified for a Federal Grant, that the federal government was giving away since 2009. They gave me a special code or reference number and to call a phone number back, with the code. Yesterday's number was ** and today's number was ** - they also gave me the option of cash payment or bank account. I said I will not give anyone my bank account information, I will take the cash.

Then he said, "Ok that is fine", then I hung up. I was curious, so I called the last number, gave her the code and another lady with an Indian Accent told me, I could go to my local MoneyGram to pick up the $8000 in money, but I had to pay $200.00 for two cards and the Federal Government would reimburse me. I told them I did not have $200.00 and the lady with the thick Indian accent, said, "Well, how much money do you have?" I said, " None". She said call me back when you get $200.00. I said, "Alright" thank you and hung up. I can't believe how much they know about me already! It's scary!

Got a call from a New York area code. They proceeded to tell me I was approved for a $8,700 grant for paying my taxes and having no criminal record. They gave me a confirmation # and a # to call to recovery my grant. I knew this was a scam right away so I called the 1800# given and flipped the script. A man with a thick Indian accent answers and right away I start with "congratulations, you have won a government grant"... blah blah blah and so forth. There was a long pause and then the gentleman asked my name and #, so I asked him his name and #. Basically repeated everything he said word for word. Eventually he gave up and said I needed to grow up and then hung up. It was hilarious and I suggest if you receive this call, to do the same.