Equinox

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Ok checked my bank account and seen these rob dogs took £93.00. They are saying that it's for the cream which I never received. She said it was delivered. I said "ok who was it sign by." She said "I can't get that information." I said "so you cannot prove it was me that received it." In the end they would only refund £65.10. If anyone would like to get the money back the number you need to call is **, email address customerservice@rvtlskin.co.uk. Please do not back down, in the end you will get some money back!

I applied for a free sample of this product stating Angelina Jolie was the founder of the company. They add stated the only thing I had to pay for was postage and package which I thought was fair. I received the product with an invoice with the postage and package. Imagine my shock/horror when almost £200 was taken out of my bank account leaving me massively overdrawn and now in debt. How can a free sample cost £200 plus postage and package. My bank is investigating as I cannot find any contact details for this company and their crap product. I anyone who comes across its ad to preferably report or delete. I have well and truly been totally scammed and I've had to borrow money to sort my bank account out.

Sometime in September 2016 I signed up for online to receive some trial samples or RVTL ANTI AGEING CREAM and EQUINOX SERUM at a very good price of £35. I did not read anything about wanting anymore at a later date or signing up to do so. After all samples and a trial period are what they say they. On 5th Nov 2016 I received some more of these cosmetics which I didn't want or had asked for. Just under £200 was taken from my bank. I went to my bank and they put a block on my debit account from this company. My bank were brilliant getting their head office involved. I urge every to be on their guard. This company this time used Cher to advertise these products in their Ad. My bank advised me in the future to pay by credit card with this sort of thing online, so YES I do believe this is a SCAM like other reviewers have said about these products.

I have been reading the reviews with interest as I too was scammed back in April of 2016. Luckily I paid just postage as I had to cancel my debit card under suspicion or fraudulent activity. I rang up to cancel the subscription after reading some reviews on this rubbish cream. The celebrity that was used on the f/book advert this time was Sandra Bullock. I wonder if she knew about it. haha. Anyway yesterday 22/10/2016 I received in the post a letter of attempt to receive a debt of overdue balance of £141.72 which are RVTL anti aging cream £74.40 and Equinox day night £67.32 these being the free trial samples that I thought I was buying. I have not heard from this company since April when I canceled the subscription. Has anyone else received a letter like this? I would be interested to know what they done about it.

Victim of this scam offering a free sample of a wrinkle cream... To my horror my credit card was charged $150 14 days later... I called the number to advise them I did not authorize $150 in additional charges. This young kid answered my call and read from a script in front of her. SHAME SHAME SHAME on you Christie ** for being part of this underhanded scam. SHAME THIS HAS NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN AFTER SO MANY LOSING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. I hope KARMA comes to visit Christie ** for participating in this rip-off of all the innocent people she has scammed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equinox?

I ordered a sample recommended by Dr Oz. It was Bella something. I paid postage only or something. I was charged the correct amount. I received the product and I am not unhappy with it to date. I have had it about three weeks and there have been no additional charges. There were three additional items offered, two were serums, and the total was $35.00. Curiously I never received the additional items nor was I billed for them. I have not yet called about this. This may be a different company. I did not order through Facebook and I would counsel others not to either.

You all have a right to assume that people are telling you the truth and you are not stupid because you honor others by assuming they are telling you the truth. Sadly the world seems increasingly consumed by greed and evil. We can no longer trust people but must demand that they earn our trust. I ordered while visiting the Dr. Oz website and these products are I believe related to Cindy Crawford's company. Be careful who you trust and who you choose to do business with. I am so sorry you have all experienced these losses. Please learn from this so you are not victimized again. Make sure people are worthy of your trust and vet organizations and individuals first. This world is a minefield of greed and crime. Blessings to all good people.

I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for this scam, which in the confusing terms and conditions gives you fourteen days to say whether you like the "free sample" cream, or be charged 90 dollars for the minuscule amount of cream they've already sent you that makes your face feel dry. I thought you just had to cancel before they sent you more. Late on the 14th day, the charge appears and you're on the hook. I called on the 15th day and they said they'd send me 35% of my money back... but it still cost me a hefty chunk for my lesson in gullibility.

I too have been caught by this company (Belle Peau)., I received the 'free' trial skin serum but did not realise that I had inadvertently signed up for more stuff from this company, nothing was made clear in the original offer. It was not until several weeks later when 89.00 plus was taken from my account that I realised something was amiss and went to my bank thinking that I had been scammed somehow, when the bank checked for me and found that I had made a payment of 2.50 to this company that I realized what had happened, luckily, although they couldn't refund me the money, they have put a stop on my account and this company will no longer be able to take my money which I can seriously NOT afford as I am on a pension. I hope other people become aware of this fraud and do not get caught like I did. Good luck.

Both Companies have ripped me off. I have also noticed people on e-Bay selling both of the Creams with boxes. I doubt if I will get any money back as they pretend they are legit. I spoke to a Chinese woman with pretend ethic and pity. They do have a great cover as they have telephone number which only works in the daytime. So far I have lost £400 or so £89.00 as well as the fake Post Costs on both the Natwest refused to recoup my loss. I am now waiting to see what the Nationwide are going to do my C. card. Company are saying they will refund me... I hope they can both refund me. I am devastated about being fooled not once but twice and My partner is not amused at me or what has happened as I am on a budget. Watchdog or someone should do something. These people are thieves. Also there are no proof of any ingredients in Belle Peau so who knows what we are putting on our face???

I watched an episode of Dr. Oz and it sucked me right in. The offer was pay the shipping on the 2 products and cancel within 14 days and that was it. What a SCAM!!! I cancelled within 14 days and see 2 withdrawals for $200, 104 & 96. Get this, my bank caught it and called me (USAA) said they were showing fraudulent activity on my account. They said they would put the money back on my account and conduct an investigation. What a waste of time.

This has been 3-4 months ago. I get an email yesterday from USAA saying the company sent them valid information and they would be taking the $200 back out of my account!!! WTF!!! I didn't authorize any of that. I'm so upset with these scamming pos companies and then the banks not having the backbone to stand up for the customer. I've been at USAA for 20 years, this is total **. How can they get away with stealing people's hard earned money like that? If you or I did that we'd be facing 1-3 years in PRISON!!! I say lock these scammers up.

This is legalized fraud with breach of contract. There are four companies - so far! (No doubt new aliases will follow). Smart Serum Xtra, Pureskin, Ultra Derma Serum and Silky-Skin-Serum. You buy a risk free trial and inadvertently sign up to a conglomerate of companies all of which will debit your bank account even if you cancel within the 14 day cancellation period. You will only receive the trial product - which under the terms you can return for a refund - but you will not get one! Your account will be debited by around 300.00 and you will not receive any product for the charge. The banks will not support you. Trading Standards will not help as the company is based in Cyprus and therefore not a part of the EU. Also - just to rub salt into the wound - it doesn't work according to the girls I bought it for!!!

This company has scammed many many people out of money for their bogus products. Facebook needs to ban this company and all the other companies under the disguise of offering samples of products that you only pay shipping for and then they hit you with over $200 in face products that aren't worth the shipping costs. I am looking further into a solution. Not sure I will find one.

I ordered these crappy products, cancelled future orders and did not bother even sending back the 'trial' stuff. I just sucked it up and paid for the way over priced stuff for that first order. Thought I was good to go. NO. I get another order and found this site full of the same complaint. Of course I had not kept the information from the cancellation. We all wanna believe companies keep their word. So lessons learned? If you order something and cancel it make sure to write down the dates and get a confirmation number. You might need it later for devious, unethical companies like this one.

To solve the problem get on the phone with your credit card company or bank whichever card you used to pay for it. They have the phone number for this company. The new order comes with no invoice, no phone number, no account number, no nothing. Find the charge and dispute it. My CC company got someone on the phone from Equinox and we got a cancellation number and my CC company put a flag on them so they cannot charge me again and if they do it's trouble for them. I will throw this garbage cream back to the company. If they send it out again I will probably just throw it in the trash. I didn't order this again and see no reason to be inconvenienced in having to mail it back to them a second time. Who has time for this nonsense and based on the number of complaints why are these crooks still operating in this country? Where is the NSA or FBI or some other law enforcement that are supposed to be going after criminals and scammers?

Just as so many people have submitted on their claims, I too was scammed by the RVTL vendor via Facebook. I did not receive an no email confirmation, there was no way to trace them down. I authorized to charge my credit card $2.95 USD for shipping & handling for a trial sample of the RVTL Anti-Aging Cream product. Soon after I received an additional of same product with no invoice, contact nor return information. On February 16, 2016 I submitted a dispute to my credit card company for unauthorized charges dated January 14, February 3, 2016. To-date this company has scammed me $322.86. These charges are causing my available balance to almost reach its limits. I just canceled my credit on file, will replace with a new one. I DO NOT recommend this company!! I hope there will be a CLASS ACTION Lawsuit against this company!!

I ordered a skin cream sample online and read I would be charged $4.95. I received the product and I am billed $90 and $100 respectively for 2 different items that was never stated. There is no letter, no phone number, no e-mail!! Nothing to get in touch with the company! Only with my bank charge does HSBC give me the number to call. You Are directed to India, speaking to someone who sounds like he's talking from a toilet far away! SHAME THIS HAS NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN AFTER SO MANY LOSING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

On 03/01/16 an advertisement popped up whilst I was on Facebook offering me a "free sample" for RVTL Anti-Aging Cream. All I had to pay was the £3.95 shipping. Although my son previously warned me of this kind online so-called deals I showed it to him and he read the entire ad, and said "it looked fairly clear. You were just expected to pay the shipping" so I ordered it. After the first cream arrived with no invoice details I thought nothing of it but when a 2nd cream arrived in Feb. I thought it was odd but perhaps mistakenly sent out by the company.

Today I realized £99.93 was taken from my account on 03/02/16 & after calling Santander they informed me it was possible they had taken more as it was set up on a monthly withdrawal. When I looked at my previous statement they had also taken £93.00 on 18/02/16. THIS IS A SCAM! I called the number that appeared on my bank statement (Tel: 02031293071) and to my surprise a call center in Asia actually answered. The girl told me it was not a scam & all the information is clearly stated on their website www.rvtlskin.com which doesn't actually work. I told her so but she said it did.

I explained I was a 74 year old pensioner that simply took up the offer of a free sample + the £3.95 cost of shipping but she stated that by not contacting them after 14 days I had basically taken out a subscription to receive a cream once a month at a cost of £99 each time until I notified them. Otherwise they would keep sending cream and billing me. How can these companies get away with this?

My bank are looking into through the fraud dept. but I can't imagine that will come to much. When I called back after the initial girl put the phone down on me I spoke to a girl this time in India who offered to reimburse 50% then 70% of the last payment, and then after a quick chat with her manager she offered to repay the last payment in full but was unable to do anything about the first payment in January. Fearful that I would end up £200 out of pocket I accepted the £99 offer and she claimed it would be credited back to my account in 3-5 days.

I feel devastated that I was duped in such a way and I plan to write to Watchdog to spread the message to anyone else out there. The banks should have systems in place that block payments to these companies. My suspicion is that there must be a Terms & Conditions tick box which nobody ever reads & only when you read through it all it explains you are in fact joining a subscription at extortionate prices for rubbish cream. Please anybody out there reading this avoid this at all costs!!!

Anti aging serum - Asked for a free product and pay 2.95 P&P, got charged 4.95 P&P. After payment made was told £99 would be taken out of my account!!! Return address is P.O.Box 42388, Larnaca, 6533, Cyprus. You need to ring and get a return code.

I was silly enough to try a sample. To my surprise money has been taken out of my account. I tried to call them. That was a waste of time. I had to get in touch with my bank and they have put a stop on any further withdrawals but I have lost a lot of money. Do not trust these people!!!

Being an 80 year old wrinkly we normally laugh about using polyfilla to fill the gaps so like a total idiot I ordered the free products for a laugh, but like many other victims fell for this scam having read the terms and found the prices which should have been clearly visible on the trial order form. Later found that many companies are all connected and run by the same guy who has also apparently had problems according to Companies House. In my case, having opened both products, contacted their customer relations within 10 days and received a returns number and address in Cyprus... Yes Cyprus. Parcelforce would not accept the package going to a PO Box no, so tried another carrier at great expense. Delivery was promised by 25th January, but the carrier would not deliver without a signature and company name. I supplied them with a contact phone number which proved to be bogus.

After many emails and calls to customer relations, I ended up with 5 different company names all giving the same PO Box no in Cyprus. Delivery could not be made and now I am over the 30 days waiting for my returned package at another cost. Fortunately my bank already has them on their dodgy list and blocked 3 withdrawals so far (all trading under different names). What another lady said is we would all like to know as to what our police, banks & organizations that have responsibility for the regulation of such businesses are doing. They obviously are well aware of the concerns of hundreds of us that have fallen into the trap.

I wish I could escalate these matters but pension won't stretch to this, as I am very concerned about other OAP's and vulnerable people being left without sufficient money to manage when their money has been taken in this way. Do not touch this company or the others under the same umbrella. antiagingrevtilizating.com, skinserun-ultra.com, rvtlskin.co.uk and probably many others... STAY CLEAR.

After an ad popping up on Facebook I decided to try the sample anti-aging creams... That Dr. Phil's wife uses! Thinking they were samples. Something about the wording made me think twice. And I tried to ring the number of the company. Number doesn't exist! Like so many, I've been charged 99 pounds... And postage. I haven't opened the creams yet. I notice some people on here have been able to get through to someone. Does anyone have their telephone number or address? I would like to return them... And make others aware of this bogus fraudulent company! Many thanks.

My husband ordered the "trial" cream on 12/19/15. We were charged a total of ~$109 and $115. I called on 1/5/16 to cancel my order and received a cancellation number. We continued to receive shipment and charges on 1/11/16 & 2/8/16. I called again explaining I cancelled, what I was told, the entire purchase, and continue to receive shipment and billing. The "representative" who also spoke with his "supervisor" told me I only cancelled one product which is interesting since they shipped two. In the end I was informed I can only be credited the most recent billed amount and received a second cancellation number. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I ordered free trial package for Equinox day and night serum and get charged double of product and my account been charged with £99 after few days! Don't have no paperwork to get in contact with them as well!

Like most of the previous reviewers I too was caught out by this scam and feel very stupid. I paid by credit card and reported it to them last night. They are dealing with this on my behalf as a dispute claim. They told me that mine was a familiar story. I wonder if the celebrities used in the adverts are aware of the modus operandi of this company. Contact your credit card company for help and do not agree to any "deal" the seller offers you as that will compromise the claim that can be made on your behalf by credit card company. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! At least we can learn from this and not be caught out again.

I paid for postage for the serum and anti-aging cream believing them to be free samples. Nowhere did I agree to get these items on a regular basis, let alone agree to pay for them. Imagine my surprise when I received first the anti aging cream through the post and the following day the serums. When I telephoned I was told that free samples were not sent out and that in asking for the first lot to be delivered I had agreed to get them delivered monthly. When I disputed this I was told that my money would be refunded and I would get an email telling me this. I am still waiting for the email.

Updated on 02/12/2016: I now discover 200 has been taken from my account. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM. THEY ARE THIEVES. I was told my money would be refunded but have not received it yet.

I read an ad on Facebook about how Dr. Phil's wife Robin uses RVTL Anti Aging Cream and Equinox day and night serum lotions to look younger and for only $4.95 shipping charges ($4.95 for each product) I could try the products. I ordered the products and gave them my debit card information. I got a call that night from my bank asking if I had authorized the payments, I said I had. That was 10 days ago.

Just yesterday I noticed a $106 charge on my checking account from RVTL. I called the company and was told (via a woman reading a script) that when I ordered the $4.95 sample that I agreed to monthly shipments and monthly charges. I disagreed with her and she said that if I don't want the products that I can pay $50 to cancel the agreement. When I refused to pay $50 to cancel she said for $25 (or whatever) that I could return the product that I paid $4.95 for - she explained that the charge was to return the product to the warehouse for re-shelving. When explained that the product has been opened and used, obviously making it impossible for it to be re-shelved or resold.

Not only was I charged nearly 400 after thinking I had ordered free samples and paid only p&p but six months later my bank card details were used to fraudulently buy games and for online gambling transactions to the tune of 350. I had used this card only once and that was for the p&p so it was definitely this company. The internet is full of people like myself who have been caused lots of upset and have lost faith in humanity by these despicable people who prey on the trusting. Please do not deal with this company or any of the shipping companies connected to them.

I would just like to warn others not to fall into the same trap as I have. Having agreed to a FREE TRIAL of these products I was astounded to discover that they had taken £93 from my bank account and were attempting to take another £99 on the same day. Fortunately the Halifax fraud squad picked this up and notified me otherwise I would have been totally unaware as the credit card I used for the post and packaging is rarely used. When I signed up for this free offer agreeing only to pay post and PA packaging there was no indication of entering into an ongoing agreement. Neither did the products have any letter of explanation with them. Please do not be duped as I was.

I purchased a free sample of the cream and serum after seeing an advert which featured dame Julie Dench, in which I paid £2.95 & £3.95 shipping costs, only to find that this company went into my bank account and stole £99 and attempted the next day to take another £93. I immediately rang my bank and cancelled any further transaction with this company and phoned Equinox customer service on +44 (0)20 3129 2887, which got me nowhere. In fact the so-called manager ended the phone call because he had been on the phone too long! They tried to tell me I had signed up to receive the creams and that they were not free as advertised. I know I never agreed and never signed up for either. They said if I sent the products back within 30 days to Larnaca Cyprus they would refund me £75 of my £99 as £19 would be debuted for handling fees at the Cyprus depot!! Oh yes and I'd have to pay the postage cost.

I noticed that some of you don't have details of this company to contact them so I've included them in this review. Please people don't respond to any of these ads - they are a big con. I will let you know if I ever receive a part refund back. "CONTACT INFORMATION Contact Us. If you have any questions about the Product and/or about the practices of Company, please feel free to call a Customer Service representative at (UK) +44 (0)20 3129 2887 during normal business hours Mon - Fri from 9am-6pm GMT. For UK Customer Support: +44 (0)20 3129 2887 customerservice@equinoxbeauties.co.uk. Address: Sheridan Labs Ltd. P.O Box 483 GREEN LANES LONDON N13 4BS. +44 (0)20 3129 2887. Product Return Address: UK : Sheridan Labs Ltd. PO Box 42388 Larnaca 6533 Cyprus."

Like so many others I trusted this company who stated that for the cost of Postage & Packing I could receive a FREE Trial of Equinox Night Serum Lotion. I gave them my details and within 3 days the items arrived. But instead of what I ordered I received two packages. One with a cream and one with the Serum Lotion. However, today I have just received my bank statement and the company have charged me 99.00 for each item. This is a CON. Do not be stupid like I was and order these items from this company. When I received the goods there was no notice that I would have to pay for these items or was to cancel the order in a given time or return the items. Just the items in a Jiffy bag. How stupid could I have been.

I called RTVL to cancel my order because the product broke me out and I was told my order was canceled. I checked my credit card account and see now they charged me $103? I called to have my account credit, I was told by 3 reps they would only credit me 80.00 after I returned the product since it was more than 14 days. I explained it was less than 14 days and the product breaks me out. I was told the trial date started from the day I placed the order. I asked "how can you count days that I didn't have the product?" I was also told the $20.00 is a restocking fee. Please be careful with this company.

Equinox Company Profile