Equinox

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

L'Amour Skin Products as advertised by Donald Trump's wife Melania - After paying my $5.95 for trial, I looked everywhere where it might have said auto ship to come later. Found nothing - one month later I've been charged $350 for more products that I have not even received yet nor even would think about reordering unless I likes the product and wanted more - I have not even tried the trial sample I received and finding out they want $357 more.

Not a chance they will get it as I've already brought my lawyer into the scenario and my credit card company as well. These scammers should be ashamed of themselves for prying on seniors with no cash and use a credit card in good faith. Anyone else been screwed by these scumbags? We should all band together and start a class action suit against them. Anyone up for the challenge? Contact me if so.

My experience is typical of those listed here. I was ill after ordering the creams so didn't pay attention for a while. What little cream I used was unremarkable. However, when I read paperwork with the cream and researched under "scam" online, I realized I'd been a victim of fraud. I called my credit card company and they advised me they would put an immediate stop on this company removing money from my account. I told them that wasn't enough and I wanted a completely new account and card number, which they agreed to as I'd discovered that the company would try to debit me again using a different company name. I called the customer advice line in Cyprus. I told her I would be returning the creams and I wanted no more to do with the company or the free trial. This was within the two week cooling off period required under English law.

The lady advised me she would extend the "return period" to 30 days and not to worry as she gave me a cancellation number and told me to send everything back to Cyprus, at my expense, together with proof of posting. I told her exactly what I thought of the company's business model and that they did not have my permission to debit any money from my account. She then tried to get me to pay a reduced amount for the creams if I would change my mind! I told her she must be joking. I sent back the creams, one unopened, the other slightly used and have proof of posting. So far so good. The credit card company were true to their word and no charges were allowed. Now, three months later I have received a letter from a debt collection company based in Birmingham, Goldman Reeves Ltd, for £99. I have the evidence I need to see them in court. Bring it on. They have messed with the wrong person.

I too have been ripped off by this company... whoever they are!! They have taken £397 from my bank account without authorization. Have been in touch by email and spoken to an Asian girl on the phone and demanded my money back... they are only prepared to return half of it. Said I should have canceled within 10 days. Didn't even receive second package, though Hermes said it was left with a neighbour who has no knowledge of it! Think they may be running scam between them!! I am now going to contact my bank to see if they can help. I asked for their address and was given Equinox & RTVL P.O. Box 483 Green Lane London NIB 4BS, though she said ** first of all... obviously not very traceable!! This has left me in the red and in dire straits in an already difficult month... shouldn't be allowed!

On 8th Nov I ordered trial RVTL. When I pressed "BUY NOW" button, order summary included Equinox day&night, which I did not want. So I immediately rang customer service who told me it could not be canceled, but they would extend trial period to 30 days from 10 days. I said 10 days was not evident on the website. Today I rang again to cancel re-order and was told I am going to be debited £93 & £99. So I rang my bank "Co-Operative" and thankfully they are going to block the payments and any future ones, also refund my original shipping charges! They are nothing short of wonderful looking after sops like me! So if you smell a rat, get on to your bank immediately, they are all very switched on to fraud now.

Usual story... fell for the misleading Facebook ad, they drained my account of £400, since then I had many arguments with them, informing they are in breech of the 2008 Consumer Rights Act, heard all their spiel about I didn't read the T&Cs (which there weren't any), special customer. I had to fight to get back £300 refunded, I think they work off keeping a percentage. I am still pursuing this with Barclays. As anybody considered taking this to the small claims court, it appears the company is Arc Lab Inc., 483 Green Lanes, London. However, I am mindful if I win judgement, how do you enforce payment?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Equinox?

Ok checked my bank account and seen these rob dogs took £93.00. They are saying that it's for the cream which I never received. She said it was delivered. I said "ok who was it sign by." She said "I can't get that information." I said "so you cannot prove it was me that received it." In the end they would only refund £65.10. If anyone would like to get the money back the number you need to call is **, email address customerservice@rvtlskin.co.uk. Please do not back down, in the end you will get some money back!

I applied for a free sample of this product stating Angelina Jolie was the founder of the company. They add stated the only thing I had to pay for was postage and package which I thought was fair. I received the product with an invoice with the postage and package. Imagine my shock/horror when almost £200 was taken out of my bank account leaving me massively overdrawn and now in debt. How can a free sample cost £200 plus postage and package. My bank is investigating as I cannot find any contact details for this company and their crap product. I anyone who comes across its ad to preferably report or delete. I have well and truly been totally scammed and I've had to borrow money to sort my bank account out.

Sometime in September 2016 I signed up for online to receive some trial samples or RVTL ANTI AGEING CREAM and EQUINOX SERUM at a very good price of £35. I did not read anything about wanting anymore at a later date or signing up to do so. After all samples and a trial period are what they say they. On 5th Nov 2016 I received some more of these cosmetics which I didn't want or had asked for. Just under £200 was taken from my bank. I went to my bank and they put a block on my debit account from this company. My bank were brilliant getting their head office involved. I urge every to be on their guard. This company this time used Cher to advertise these products in their Ad. My bank advised me in the future to pay by credit card with this sort of thing online, so YES I do believe this is a SCAM like other reviewers have said about these products.

I have been reading the reviews with interest as I too was scammed back in April of 2016. Luckily I paid just postage as I had to cancel my debit card under suspicion or fraudulent activity. I rang up to cancel the subscription after reading some reviews on this rubbish cream. The celebrity that was used on the f/book advert this time was Sandra Bullock. I wonder if she knew about it. haha. Anyway yesterday 22/10/2016 I received in the post a letter of attempt to receive a debt of overdue balance of £141.72 which are RVTL anti aging cream £74.40 and Equinox day night £67.32 these being the free trial samples that I thought I was buying. I have not heard from this company since April when I canceled the subscription. Has anyone else received a letter like this? I would be interested to know what they done about it.

Victim of this scam offering a free sample of a wrinkle cream... To my horror my credit card was charged $150 14 days later... I called the number to advise them I did not authorize $150 in additional charges. This young kid answered my call and read from a script in front of her. SHAME SHAME SHAME on you Christie ** for being part of this underhanded scam. SHAME THIS HAS NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN AFTER SO MANY LOSING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. I hope KARMA comes to visit Christie ** for participating in this rip-off of all the innocent people she has scammed.

I ordered a sample recommended by Dr Oz. It was Bella something. I paid postage only or something. I was charged the correct amount. I received the product and I am not unhappy with it to date. I have had it about three weeks and there have been no additional charges. There were three additional items offered, two were serums, and the total was $35.00. Curiously I never received the additional items nor was I billed for them. I have not yet called about this. This may be a different company. I did not order through Facebook and I would counsel others not to either.

You all have a right to assume that people are telling you the truth and you are not stupid because you honor others by assuming they are telling you the truth. Sadly the world seems increasingly consumed by greed and evil. We can no longer trust people but must demand that they earn our trust. I ordered while visiting the Dr. Oz website and these products are I believe related to Cindy Crawford's company. Be careful who you trust and who you choose to do business with. I am so sorry you have all experienced these losses. Please learn from this so you are not victimized again. Make sure people are worthy of your trust and vet organizations and individuals first. This world is a minefield of greed and crime. Blessings to all good people.

I'm embarrassed to admit I fell for this scam, which in the confusing terms and conditions gives you fourteen days to say whether you like the "free sample" cream, or be charged 90 dollars for the minuscule amount of cream they've already sent you that makes your face feel dry. I thought you just had to cancel before they sent you more. Late on the 14th day, the charge appears and you're on the hook. I called on the 15th day and they said they'd send me 35% of my money back... but it still cost me a hefty chunk for my lesson in gullibility.

I too have been caught by this company (Belle Peau)., I received the 'free' trial skin serum but did not realise that I had inadvertently signed up for more stuff from this company, nothing was made clear in the original offer. It was not until several weeks later when 89.00 plus was taken from my account that I realised something was amiss and went to my bank thinking that I had been scammed somehow, when the bank checked for me and found that I had made a payment of 2.50 to this company that I realized what had happened, luckily, although they couldn't refund me the money, they have put a stop on my account and this company will no longer be able to take my money which I can seriously NOT afford as I am on a pension. I hope other people become aware of this fraud and do not get caught like I did. Good luck.

Both Companies have ripped me off. I have also noticed people on e-Bay selling both of the Creams with boxes. I doubt if I will get any money back as they pretend they are legit. I spoke to a Chinese woman with pretend ethic and pity. They do have a great cover as they have telephone number which only works in the daytime. So far I have lost £400 or so £89.00 as well as the fake Post Costs on both the Natwest refused to recoup my loss. I am now waiting to see what the Nationwide are going to do my C. card. Company are saying they will refund me... I hope they can both refund me. I am devastated about being fooled not once but twice and My partner is not amused at me or what has happened as I am on a budget. Watchdog or someone should do something. These people are thieves. Also there are no proof of any ingredients in Belle Peau so who knows what we are putting on our face???

I watched an episode of Dr. Oz and it sucked me right in. The offer was pay the shipping on the 2 products and cancel within 14 days and that was it. What a SCAM!!! I cancelled within 14 days and see 2 withdrawals for $200, 104 & 96. Get this, my bank caught it and called me (USAA) said they were showing fraudulent activity on my account. They said they would put the money back on my account and conduct an investigation. What a waste of time.

This has been 3-4 months ago. I get an email yesterday from USAA saying the company sent them valid information and they would be taking the $200 back out of my account!!! WTF!!! I didn't authorize any of that. I'm so upset with these scamming pos companies and then the banks not having the backbone to stand up for the customer. I've been at USAA for 20 years, this is total **. How can they get away with stealing people's hard earned money like that? If you or I did that we'd be facing 1-3 years in PRISON!!! I say lock these scammers up.

This is legalized fraud with breach of contract. There are four companies - so far! (No doubt new aliases will follow). Smart Serum Xtra, Pureskin, Ultra Derma Serum and Silky-Skin-Serum. You buy a risk free trial and inadvertently sign up to a conglomerate of companies all of which will debit your bank account even if you cancel within the 14 day cancellation period. You will only receive the trial product - which under the terms you can return for a refund - but you will not get one! Your account will be debited by around 300.00 and you will not receive any product for the charge. The banks will not support you. Trading Standards will not help as the company is based in Cyprus and therefore not a part of the EU. Also - just to rub salt into the wound - it doesn't work according to the girls I bought it for!!!

This company has scammed many many people out of money for their bogus products. Facebook needs to ban this company and all the other companies under the disguise of offering samples of products that you only pay shipping for and then they hit you with over $200 in face products that aren't worth the shipping costs. I am looking further into a solution. Not sure I will find one.

I ordered these crappy products, cancelled future orders and did not bother even sending back the 'trial' stuff. I just sucked it up and paid for the way over priced stuff for that first order. Thought I was good to go. NO. I get another order and found this site full of the same complaint. Of course I had not kept the information from the cancellation. We all wanna believe companies keep their word. So lessons learned? If you order something and cancel it make sure to write down the dates and get a confirmation number. You might need it later for devious, unethical companies like this one.

To solve the problem get on the phone with your credit card company or bank whichever card you used to pay for it. They have the phone number for this company. The new order comes with no invoice, no phone number, no account number, no nothing. Find the charge and dispute it. My CC company got someone on the phone from Equinox and we got a cancellation number and my CC company put a flag on them so they cannot charge me again and if they do it's trouble for them. I will throw this garbage cream back to the company. If they send it out again I will probably just throw it in the trash. I didn't order this again and see no reason to be inconvenienced in having to mail it back to them a second time. Who has time for this nonsense and based on the number of complaints why are these crooks still operating in this country? Where is the NSA or FBI or some other law enforcement that are supposed to be going after criminals and scammers?

Just as so many people have submitted on their claims, I too was scammed by the RVTL vendor via Facebook. I did not receive an no email confirmation, there was no way to trace them down. I authorized to charge my credit card $2.95 USD for shipping & handling for a trial sample of the RVTL Anti-Aging Cream product. Soon after I received an additional of same product with no invoice, contact nor return information. On February 16, 2016 I submitted a dispute to my credit card company for unauthorized charges dated January 14, February 3, 2016. To-date this company has scammed me $322.86. These charges are causing my available balance to almost reach its limits. I just canceled my credit on file, will replace with a new one. I DO NOT recommend this company!! I hope there will be a CLASS ACTION Lawsuit against this company!!

I ordered a skin cream sample online and read I would be charged $4.95. I received the product and I am billed $90 and $100 respectively for 2 different items that was never stated. There is no letter, no phone number, no e-mail!! Nothing to get in touch with the company! Only with my bank charge does HSBC give me the number to call. You Are directed to India, speaking to someone who sounds like he's talking from a toilet far away! SHAME THIS HAS NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN AFTER SO MANY LOSING THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

On 03/01/16 an advertisement popped up whilst I was on Facebook offering me a "free sample" for RVTL Anti-Aging Cream. All I had to pay was the £3.95 shipping. Although my son previously warned me of this kind online so-called deals I showed it to him and he read the entire ad, and said "it looked fairly clear. You were just expected to pay the shipping" so I ordered it. After the first cream arrived with no invoice details I thought nothing of it but when a 2nd cream arrived in Feb. I thought it was odd but perhaps mistakenly sent out by the company.

Today I realized £99.93 was taken from my account on 03/02/16 & after calling Santander they informed me it was possible they had taken more as it was set up on a monthly withdrawal. When I looked at my previous statement they had also taken £93.00 on 18/02/16. THIS IS A SCAM! I called the number that appeared on my bank statement (Tel: 02031293071) and to my surprise a call center in Asia actually answered. The girl told me it was not a scam & all the information is clearly stated on their website www.rvtlskin.com which doesn't actually work. I told her so but she said it did.

I explained I was a 74 year old pensioner that simply took up the offer of a free sample + the £3.95 cost of shipping but she stated that by not contacting them after 14 days I had basically taken out a subscription to receive a cream once a month at a cost of £99 each time until I notified them. Otherwise they would keep sending cream and billing me. How can these companies get away with this?

My bank are looking into through the fraud dept. but I can't imagine that will come to much. When I called back after the initial girl put the phone down on me I spoke to a girl this time in India who offered to reimburse 50% then 70% of the last payment, and then after a quick chat with her manager she offered to repay the last payment in full but was unable to do anything about the first payment in January. Fearful that I would end up £200 out of pocket I accepted the £99 offer and she claimed it would be credited back to my account in 3-5 days.

I feel devastated that I was duped in such a way and I plan to write to Watchdog to spread the message to anyone else out there. The banks should have systems in place that block payments to these companies. My suspicion is that there must be a Terms & Conditions tick box which nobody ever reads & only when you read through it all it explains you are in fact joining a subscription at extortionate prices for rubbish cream. Please anybody out there reading this avoid this at all costs!!!

Anti aging serum - Asked for a free product and pay 2.95 P&P, got charged 4.95 P&P. After payment made was told £99 would be taken out of my account!!! Return address is P.O.Box 42388, Larnaca, 6533, Cyprus. You need to ring and get a return code.

I was silly enough to try a sample. To my surprise money has been taken out of my account. I tried to call them. That was a waste of time. I had to get in touch with my bank and they have put a stop on any further withdrawals but I have lost a lot of money. Do not trust these people!!!

Being an 80 year old wrinkly we normally laugh about using polyfilla to fill the gaps so like a total idiot I ordered the free products for a laugh, but like many other victims fell for this scam having read the terms and found the prices which should have been clearly visible on the trial order form. Later found that many companies are all connected and run by the same guy who has also apparently had problems according to Companies House. In my case, having opened both products, contacted their customer relations within 10 days and received a returns number and address in Cyprus... Yes Cyprus. Parcelforce would not accept the package going to a PO Box no, so tried another carrier at great expense. Delivery was promised by 25th January, but the carrier would not deliver without a signature and company name. I supplied them with a contact phone number which proved to be bogus.

After many emails and calls to customer relations, I ended up with 5 different company names all giving the same PO Box no in Cyprus. Delivery could not be made and now I am over the 30 days waiting for my returned package at another cost. Fortunately my bank already has them on their dodgy list and blocked 3 withdrawals so far (all trading under different names). What another lady said is we would all like to know as to what our police, banks & organizations that have responsibility for the regulation of such businesses are doing. They obviously are well aware of the concerns of hundreds of us that have fallen into the trap.

I wish I could escalate these matters but pension won't stretch to this, as I am very concerned about other OAP's and vulnerable people being left without sufficient money to manage when their money has been taken in this way. Do not touch this company or the others under the same umbrella. antiagingrevtilizating.com, skinserun-ultra.com, rvtlskin.co.uk and probably many others... STAY CLEAR.

After an ad popping up on Facebook I decided to try the sample anti-aging creams... That Dr. Phil's wife uses! Thinking they were samples. Something about the wording made me think twice. And I tried to ring the number of the company. Number doesn't exist! Like so many, I've been charged 99 pounds... And postage. I haven't opened the creams yet. I notice some people on here have been able to get through to someone. Does anyone have their telephone number or address? I would like to return them... And make others aware of this bogus fraudulent company! Many thanks.

My husband ordered the "trial" cream on 12/19/15. We were charged a total of ~$109 and $115. I called on 1/5/16 to cancel my order and received a cancellation number. We continued to receive shipment and charges on 1/11/16 & 2/8/16. I called again explaining I cancelled, what I was told, the entire purchase, and continue to receive shipment and billing. The "representative" who also spoke with his "supervisor" told me I only cancelled one product which is interesting since they shipped two. In the end I was informed I can only be credited the most recent billed amount and received a second cancellation number. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I ordered free trial package for Equinox day and night serum and get charged double of product and my account been charged with £99 after few days! Don't have no paperwork to get in contact with them as well!

Like most of the previous reviewers I too was caught out by this scam and feel very stupid. I paid by credit card and reported it to them last night. They are dealing with this on my behalf as a dispute claim. They told me that mine was a familiar story. I wonder if the celebrities used in the adverts are aware of the modus operandi of this company. Contact your credit card company for help and do not agree to any "deal" the seller offers you as that will compromise the claim that can be made on your behalf by credit card company. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! At least we can learn from this and not be caught out again.

I paid for postage for the serum and anti-aging cream believing them to be free samples. Nowhere did I agree to get these items on a regular basis, let alone agree to pay for them. Imagine my surprise when I received first the anti aging cream through the post and the following day the serums. When I telephoned I was told that free samples were not sent out and that in asking for the first lot to be delivered I had agreed to get them delivered monthly. When I disputed this I was told that my money would be refunded and I would get an email telling me this. I am still waiting for the email.

Updated on 02/12/2016: I now discover 200 has been taken from my account. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A SCAM. THEY ARE THIEVES. I was told my money would be refunded but have not received it yet.

I read an ad on Facebook about how Dr. Phil's wife Robin uses RVTL Anti Aging Cream and Equinox day and night serum lotions to look younger and for only $4.95 shipping charges ($4.95 for each product) I could try the products. I ordered the products and gave them my debit card information. I got a call that night from my bank asking if I had authorized the payments, I said I had. That was 10 days ago.

Just yesterday I noticed a $106 charge on my checking account from RVTL. I called the company and was told (via a woman reading a script) that when I ordered the $4.95 sample that I agreed to monthly shipments and monthly charges. I disagreed with her and she said that if I don't want the products that I can pay $50 to cancel the agreement. When I refused to pay $50 to cancel she said for $25 (or whatever) that I could return the product that I paid $4.95 for - she explained that the charge was to return the product to the warehouse for re-shelving. When explained that the product has been opened and used, obviously making it impossible for it to be re-shelved or resold.

Equinox Company Profile