2.2/5 (1034 ratings)

About Eppicard

Eppicard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eppicard?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

I went through the motions of trying to contact Eppicard customer service, which by the way is a complete joke, and finally got a human on the phone just to find out that they cannot pull up my account using neither the card number, nor my social security number. So they transfer me to another department which has a ridiculous wait time on hold, and requests my number to give me a call back, which I give them. 20 minutes later I get a call back, and the lady on the other end starts to ask me questions, and I TRY to explain what is going on, but 2 minutes into the call it is disconnected, and there is NO call back after this. WHAT IN THE WORLD? These people are amazing in their ability to avoid any form of customer assistance, and their system of keeping records is a complete waste. How are they in charge of anything?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

Unfortunately I was arrested and went to jail for a short stay. When I got back home, someone had stolen my child support money in only 4 transactions. I filed a police report, sent in a letter of incarnation as well as other documents to them. Have to wait 50 days to receive a letter stating my fraud claim was now denied!!! How can this be?? I was in jail - someone stole my card - took my $908.00 and I'm denied the right to get my money back. I feel I've now been robbed by this EPPICARD people. I want my child support money that was stolen returned to me, instead of having to ENDLESSLY WAIT week after week for nothing!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

My experience with EPPICARD has been horrible! I discovered that my card was used over 800 miles away and on 19 very suspicious transactions (many were double and triple transactions of same $ amount), totaling $558. First, I had to call my local domestic relations section to crack the code on how to reach an actual person. Then they told me about the fraud and explained to me the next steps to file dispute charges with the company. The first representative was very uninformed about how the dispute process even worked--and could not tell me if they'd actually return my money! I called again the following day, unhappy about the situation. "Ann" told me they didn't have a supervisor I could speak with. She was quite insincere, even telling me that the fraudulent activity happened early in the morning, and that was the reason the fraud team didn't catch it. All I heard was excuses - it WAS NOT all early AM transactions; it happened over the course of TWO days, and the fraud team is apparently open 24/7?

I called again and their rep couldn't help me because their system was down. I have experienced long wait times, (I have a call placed with them currently & have been on hold for almost 2 hours) discourteous treatment, lies, and uninformed/unknowledgeable reps with this company. It has been an entire week since my troubles began with them and I have not received the paperwork. I will pursue this rotten company and encourage everyone to do the same! Don't forget to file a complaint with your local police department because they won't tell you to!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

The card was delayed. I called and had to wait the full 10 business days before I would get a report. After waiting the full 10 days I was told that the Post Office returned the card was undeliverable. So I was forced into expedited delivery, costing me additional. Two days later I called to get the tracking number. Turns out the second card was not sent expedited but regular mail (which had already failed once). So for a second time I requested an expedited delivery. After finally received the card, I had to wait for 2 days for the funds to be acquired by my bank. Every week I have to call the 800 number, wait thru their garbage of announcement, log in via an inordinately log validation and then transfer the balance to an account that the routing and account number are already known (although why this cannot be automated is not understood--they have all the info, seems automatically transfer balance should be easy, but it's not).

This week something went wrong this week and now my card is suspended. What happened? I call and get told that until I fax 2 pieces of ID, they cannot tell me. So I fax these pieces but get told that it takes 24 to 48 hours to get checked. Well, now that 30 hours has passed I am told that they have so many faxes (problems in the system spiking the faxes--or problems they generate creating the fax flow?). Bottom line, the system sucks, Xerox doesn't care, and I am losing financially.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

I created an account with EPPICard to receive my unemployment checks, which were directly deposited in the account. In May my card number was stolen/copied/used somehow, without my knowledge, and there were over $900 charges made in some place in Vietnam. I have never been to Vietnam, know anyone there, nor plan to go. I have been calling/contacting EPPICard since May attempting to get my unemployment money back. I have sent them all the information they need, but every time I call they say they are working on my claim and that's it. They cannot tell me when or even if, I will ever get my $910.87 back. It has been 5 months now and I am behind in bills and counting on that money. This company has not been helpful at all in attempting to get my money back. It's so obvious based on my charge history that the card number was stolen and illegally used. However, EPPICard has still not given me my money back. DO NOT TRUST YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2014

There have been several times that I have been unable to check my balance through their system. In addition, they claimed to have sent me a new card after the whole mass fraud incident they had going, but I never got it and they would not send me another because they said my child's dad hadn't made any payments. They are difficult to use and not an efficient means of getting child support out the kids.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I had someone change my pin, inquiry my account, and withdraw money. Like many others eppicard is not taking responsibility. Took 14 days to send me a document they said they needed in 10 days and refuse to work with me. I am out $225 but they kept the withdrawal fees even! You can change a pin by having a SSN and DOB on their phone service. The customer service reps ask for this data in order to help you which means the call center people can change your pin. How are tax $ paying for this company to support child support payments. Ohio child support is having this issue and it's on the rise.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

I attempted to check my card balance online this morning and received a message stating that I would not be able to log into my account because it was cancelled/suspended by their fraud department. I thought, surely this was an error as I haven't noticed any funds missing and I certainly didn't request a new card. I explained this to a customer service rep and was informed that this was a problem occurring right now for many people.. Apparently our information was obtained by hacking into the computer system of a local retailer (although he could not tell me which one). When asked why I wasn't notified about any of this I was told that they didn't have my phone number.. I gave it to him but insisted that it WAS included in my account information.. He checked and verified that they DID already have my phone number on file. I was then transferred to someone else.

She told me that my replacement card had been mailed on Sept 29th and I should have received it by now.. then said she could reissue another replacement for an ADDITIONAL $5 fee if I wanted to wait 5-10 business days OR $15 for expedited shipping! WHAT?! How on earth can they justify CHARGING people for replacing something that THEY went ahead and cancelled WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING US?! Furthermore, if my card was cancelled on Sept 29th by the vigilant and competent members of eppicard fraud department, HOW WAS I ABLE TO MAKE APPROX $300 IN PURCHASES ON OCT 7?! I am furious and completely perplexed. I don't want to pay ANOTHER $5-$15 on top of the $5 I was apparently ALREADY charged without my knowledge or consent but if I don't get my new card by next week my phone will be shut off and I will be unable to feed my family or buy my kids their Halloween costumes. I feel that I and many others are being further victimized and extorted by eppicard.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

On September 29. I had an issue about my balance so I called in by chance and was informed that my card had been compromised from a Home Depot scam. I hadn't been to a Home Depot in months but somehow the company was aware and never notified me of any fraud until I placed the call to them. My card still has not been replaced and it is Oct 10th and it was allegedly mailed to me on September 30. I have followed up with my complaints and have had no relief.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

Some unknown jerk got my eppicard number and made fraudulent charges on the day my child support was deposited? Either a compromise at MD Child support, Eppicard or Bank of America. I was asked to call Bank of America back when the charges posted in order to file the official complaint and start the investigation. Why couldn't they stop the pending charges in pending status, oh that would be trouble for the large business that the thieves are purchasing the goods from. So in the meantime, my kid is without. But Target got its money! We shall see if and when Bank of America puts the money back in my account. And who's to say this won't happen again?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2014

I received notification that my pin had changed, and when I logged onto my account a fake card had been used at an ATM to withdraw money from my account. After several failed attempts to speak to customer service I was issued a new card, but my money is in limbo until the investigation is over. This is my advice to all those having problems with EPPIcard. Call Consumer Affairs, file a complaint against Comerica Bank. Also, call the card holder advocacy manager at XEROX, the corporate company that owns Mastercard. The Xerox people are 800-613-6743, and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau is 855-411-2372.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

WHAT THE HELL!!!???? I've had my card for almost 2 years now and aside from receiving my payments around the 7th of every month I have managed to have no issues with using it. I am a military member so I do move around a lot. First issue trying to get my address changed on the card after several attempts-did not happen. So I in turn said forget it. At least my state is correct. I received my payments today and immediately begin to grocery shop as I do, and bought my kids a few gifts from a nearby shop where I worked earlier with no problems.

Fast forward---grocery cart full of food-swipe my card declined!! What the hell happened? I have money!! It's not stolen because I had it. Luckily I had a few extra bucks on another card, which was my bills account so now I'm looking at overdrafts pretty soon because I manage that account down to zero dollars. I try to log on the website. No access!! I called the number-toll free by the way. Did I mention I'm still on hold after an hour??? I do get enough info from the prompts to know that they canceled my card, they will be sending out a new one. Well who in the hell told you guys to do that? No call? No email? All of this information is on my account---I'm beyond furious. Eppicard should not ** exist!!! Remember when I said earlier they failed to update my address? Ahhh...so who in the hell gets the new card??? You dumb **.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

EPPICard wouldn't release my child support, which it was their fault. They had issues with their system. Sat on hold for thirty minutes, with issue not resolved once I spoke with a person and then their supervisor. They don't care that I need those funds, which are mine to begin with, to care for my children. Sorry, sorry, sorry people. Horrible company.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2014

My PIN was changed on not one but two occasions by someone who had stolen my identity and hacked into the account and created a fake card. The people at Eppicard seemed unable to address this and gave me bad advice such as change my PIN. When I did, the criminals followed suit and changed it again. Then I had to cancel the card. The notes were poorly written on the account so another representative started denying my PIN had been changed when I called later. She was insistent I was wrong and my PIN was not working due to inactivation.

The level 2 security people did not ask as many screening questions as say financial institutions would. Eppicard had charged me a $5 replacement fee but did not mention it, only the expedite fee. They did not guarantee they could reverse fraudulent transactions but this is not so much their shortcoming but the risk with electronic transfers today. Reading online the risk of PHISHING and seeing the ease at which my PIN could be controlled by others was scary and enough to scare me from this card if not all future electronic transactions.

My modest balance was at risk and I thank God a withdrawal was not made when the balance inquiry was made even though I only discovered the second pin change a day later. I can only assume my account was hacked as there is no suspect I know of that has my private info and a copy of my card number that goes around trying to change my PIN and check my balance.

I can only assume a malevolent motivation. Perhaps the balance check was just for reporting purposes to the master thief so they could plan their purchases more effectively. The fact Eppicard made it seem like this never happened making poor suggestions or acting as if people normally have annoying family members who change their PIN or don't remember doing it themselves is infuriating. The second rep agreed with me the card be canceled. The third yelled about my PIN not being changed.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

On September 7, 2014 I tried to use my Eppicard at a local grocer but was declined for unforeseen reasons. I immediately called the toll free number and spoke with a representative who informed me that someone from another country (London, England) had tried to access my account balance which in turn triggered an alert that placed a "hold" on my card. She explained that this card will be cancelled and I will be issued a new one within 7-10 business days. End of story! Or so I thought.

While waiting on my new card to arrive I attempted to access my account to make sure there wasn't anything missing. Due to a new card being issued I couldn't access this information until I received a new card. Once my card arrived I immediately checked the balance and discovered that I was missing over $100.00. Of course I called them back Sept 16 and asked them what was going on. I explained that when I called back on Sept. 7, I was told that there was a ATTEMPT to access my account balance and that is why my card was cancelled.

I explained to the current rep. that the last rep I spoke with on Sept. 7 never mentioned the theft nor did she open an investigation. I have now lost 10 valuable days that could have been put towards the investigation and being able to retrieve the funds that had been stolen from me. Moving forward, on Sept 25 I finally received a letter in the mail requesting additional info with regard to my claim. The letter stated that if they receive the requested questionnaire within 10 business days from the original date of my call they will issue me a provisional credit while the fraud is being investigated.

Their letter head was dated for Sept. 16 and I didn't receive their letter in the mail requesting this info until Sept. 25!!!! Really???? There is no way I could meet the deadline with only 3 days. It takes 4-5 days for my mail to be delivered to Georgia from Ohio so this was impossible from Ohio to Texas. You guessed it, I called them again and asked them why it took 9 days for me to receive such time sensitive material. Their response?... We can't help how long it takes for mail to be delivered. Well then why in the heck are you only giving customers 10 days when it took 9 days for me to receive YOUR mail in the first place?

Because I won't be meeting their stupid 10-day policy, I'm now forced to wait an additional 45 days and quit possibly 90 days because it's out of the country. There was absolutely no empathy on their part. I even spoke to a supervisor and she made it seem like it was my fault and that I was lying. I wish there was someone within their fraud department that would take accountability for this. Someone dropped the ball and should be held accountable. Not the customer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

Having called going on TWO months ago to report that for the 1st time since 2011 I not only figured out how to use the website but found hundreds of dollars worth of $1.25 dollars of ATM charges off a bank that THEY authorized to withdrawal from I have yet to get any response from my filing a transaction dispute with customer service. Of course when I keep calling to ask what the heck they charge me the $0.35 charge to simply be told they they will contact me when a decision is made and that no, they won't refund the $0.35 call in fee. I asked them several times for the terms of use form that I probably did get back in 2011 but have no idea where it is. I was told they don't have copies. (I found one online tonight but still looking for the list of "authorized ATM's" even though the PNC bank states they are in network and should not be charging). Time to report this to Lisa Madigan. This is bs and theft as by refusing to respond or communicate is clear intent to ignore.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

I woke up to an email saying that at 1am I changed my password. So I got on the phone when I put in my card number, it didn't match. Finally I got a live person Only to be told I had nothing - my balance was withdrawn at an ATM in Maryland. Holding the card in my hand in my home in Arlington TX. This is impossible. After making several calls I was told to write a letter so I did. I canceled everything I had thinking identity theft. MY local child support office told me to get direct deposit.

So they sent me back to EPPICard where I was told if I do not get my money back because it has to be placed on card. Then I was asked do I want a replacement card? Said I ALREADY ORDERED IT - WAS INFORMED NO, I DIDN'T BUT HE WOULD SEND ME ONE. I asked how can I be safe - this won’t happen again. He said I can’t because someone has my info they used first time and that’s all they need for a second... SO for next 3 months, I have to keep them but worried if I will have funds. Now finding site seems it happens a lot and you never get your money back. How can this be? Where can go or what can you do? I have never had issue with them till now, but my child’s almost 18 so it’s odd and the hassle they give you. I’m wondering if it’s an inside job... How can this happen and why do they respond the way they do, and why can’t I get direct deposit and they can send a paper check in 90 days?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2014

I received a letter stating that my account had been compromised and that my pin had been used at a retail store. Eppicard had not been provided with the name of the merchant. But i was to receive a new card. The number i was given to call for questions seemed familiar as i dialed it. Boy was i thrown through a loop when they answered - DIRECT EXPRESS, which is the company that i get my Social Security Benefits. I live in California, this was from San Antonio Tx, and when i started speaking to the rude representative I quickly asked for a supervisor because I knew i was going nowhere with this chick... The supervisor was just as bad who quickly informed me that she was familiar with the letter it didn't pertain to me, not to worry about it. And hung the phone up... I wonder who running around pretending to be me is or am i the one living in a Matrix?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2014

I had thousands of dollars stolen from an ATM machine when someone made a bogus card. They had to call Eppicard and change pin number which Eppicard allowed. And now for 2 weeks they won't send required paperwork to begin investigation. Nor will they give me my money back. It's child support. It's what I am suppose to support my kids with. And yet all they say is we have a process which they won't help me with. My money is supposed to be secured by their bank and yet they won't even begin an investigation. They are thieves and people should know about it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

My son only gets $24 a week, he was trying to save up for something for himself. Someone all the way in LA managed to change the pin number and take everything. Called up and they claimed I would get paperwork and a new card with a $5 charge for the new card. My son is not responsible for their security breach. We don't know anyone in the LA Area. How can they take his money with just a pin number? We have the card! It's child support for Pete's sake!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

Have been calling for the last 3 hours and I can't get a live person!!! I'm just trying to change my address!! Well if they don't want it they can kiss my **!! I'm sick and tired of calling their 888 number. No matter what # I press it doesn't get me a person to speak to!! I can't even do it online because the link I click on doesn't work!! Mother Truckers!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2014

This is really a terrible thing... EPPICard suck. This is the second time that my card was copied and money was taken from me… within a year. I can’t believe this happening again. My son needs his money. Where I have to get meds for him and he is only 4 years old? This don’t make no sense at all. I really want to sue this company. They are messing with people that has medical conditions. This it so unfair and I’m so pissed.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2014

I had to order a new card, as my old card expired and since I've had one I've been divorced and would need it changed anyways. When I had called, I asked for expedited mailing of the Card, paid $14 to have it delivered. I had to call back to get the tracking number, due to the Holiday. I called today, as I gave up hope on receiving my package, received my tracking number and went onto UPS.com and tracked the package. The Package was in IL. I immediately called back to see if I could a refund. Except was told he could give me the phone number to UPS to call and track the package. I had explained to him that I was looking at the tracking information right in front of me. He then proceeded to ask me again if I called, and then huffed at me when I said I was looking at it right in front of me on UPS.COM. I then asked him if he had UPS.COM to track the package, he stated he did not work for UPS. No **. All I want is a refund for my package not being delivered when it was supposed to be, when I paid for it to be here today.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2014

July 26 after being declined for a purchase, I contacted the automated system to listen to purchases, but I was so devastated I could not understand what was being said. I then came home to check online only to learn my card had been used in San Jose, CA and Houston, TX, but the card was in my possession. I contacted customer service immediately to inform them of the fraud, and was given an SR number for future reference, and told I would receive paperwork to complete. I made a police report as well.

I have contacted Eppicard several times about the paperwork I was supposed to receive, and was told another one would be sent to me and that was August 1. Guess what, I finally received the form yesterday, August 12. I was told it would take 45-90 days before my funds would be given to me, which I don't understand because I didn't authorize the charges and don't understand how someone could use my card when it is in my possession. I hate this card, because you can't use it to pay bills online because it will be declined even with money on the card. Ugh!!!! Who is the executive of this organization?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2014

I have had my card for years. It took months to get my password reset. You can file a complaint, have to give your entire social security number for them to access your account IF you can get them on the phone. That is a security violation, nobody at Eppicard should be able to see your entire social. I called the Governor's office to ask who was responsible for the contract. DOR said, "not I." I could never find who the contract administrator was. All State and Federal contracts have a State or Federal person who monitors the contract where you can file a complaint and that is law. If you want your money sent to your bank account the Fl Disbursement Unit has a for you fill out. I will post the link but in case it gets deleted call the FDU. ** Hope this helps.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

First experience: I lost my card and immediately notified customer service for Eppicard. I cancelled my old card (I was quite clear that my card was missing) and assumed it would be 7/10 days before the replacement would arrive, but satisfied that the funds were safe ($289.00). NOT SO!! It seems that SOMEHOW, not only was it not replaced, it was also not cancelled!! Some 10/12 days later, I checked the online balance just to quite the uneasiness that was gnawing at my mind. Guess what? No balance! I immediately called Eppicard and yes I was livid. I was told blatantly that there were NO records that I had even called...period! They were also quick to tell me that no, my funds would not be reimbursed! I tried to cancel the card permanently at that point and was informed that once obtained, there was NO repealing it. Lovely!

Since then I can say that every single month on the last day of said month, my ex has his support deducted from his salary. Without fail it is disbursed on the 1st (according to the Department of Revenue's website) and also without fail it is held until at least the 4th but more often the 6th or 7th. What right have they to hold my funds for that amount of time? I have NEVER known of an ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER to take any more than 24 hours...ever. I finally today did find out from the state's disbursement unit that I most certainly could have my funds sent directly through to my bank account. Another shady lie. I would stay FAR AWAY from these disreputable types of companies, were I anyone out there!!! Beware!!!

Original review: July 31, 2014

On June 9th 2014 I received a letter stating that after 23 years I was finally receiving child support - only to find out that Eppicard had issued a card that was not in my possession and was in use. I filed all the required documentation to be denied my claim after 30 days.1253.80 gone. No letter, no notification, nothing. So I called only to be charged 0.35 for every call. This is a scam. I asked for the fraud department to only be turned down and told to file another claim and maybe just maybe they would review it. What a joke.... I asked for the first card number to the card I never received to dispute the transactions with the merchants. I was told if I gave them the last four digits they would give me the canceled card number. Where do you get a number to a card that was never received...? This is my testimony..

Original review: July 26, 2014

I absolutely hate the child support card. It might be a good idea for someone that doesn't already have an account. But I personally don't need two debit cards! I pay bills with my money. Most places want your money to come from a checking account NOT a card. So I have to go withdraw the money and put it in my checking account. That is a huge DISADVANTAGE!!! In the area where I live, we cannot get free withdrawals from moneypass atms. I usually buy something from Wal-Mart to get cash back. Even if I have to do 5 different transactions because they only allow us to get up to 100.00 back. The debit card system sucks!!!! It's our money but we have no control over how we use it.

Original review: July 15, 2014

This program is intolerably bad! Despite the fact that the program tells you you can get a cash advance at any bank, I had to search to find a bank which even had the ability to allow me to withdraw MY OWN MONEY from this account, since the card was completely unusable at Chase Bank. I called the number on the back of the EPIC FAILURE card. The recording said I had more than $7000.00 available. I withdrew $5000. I put the money into my own account at Chase. THEN I tried to USE the card to purchase a $34 item and it was DENIED! I called the number on the back of the card, and was put on hold for 40 yes FORTY MINUTES AND NEVER REACHED A HUMAN BEING.

The program states I can use this for "PURCHASES." WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING????? THIS IS MY MONEY. It is not welfare, it is NOT food stamps. It is MY private money in the form of child support. I can use the money for whatever I want. Suppose I want to use it to SAVE for college?? To PAY my mortgage??? To pay my electric bill and fuel???? So now the state gets to decide how I spend my money?? I have now been on hold with EPIC FAILURE for 40 minutes and NO ONE ANSWERS and I am still being TOLD TO HOLD AND I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN MONEY!!!!!

Original review: July 14, 2014

I did a dispute claim with this company Eppicard for $5,319.81 that was taken off and used without my authorization because my card was stolen and I was told to do a claim and that I would be given a provisional credit but then was told that the case was closed and my issue wasn't resolved. I need my money back. This was from child support and my kids are suffering because I can't get my money refunded. This company rips off a lot of people.

Eppicard Company Information