3.85/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

306 Zyrtec Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 11, 2017

I like that Zyrtec works great and helps me start feeling better right after I take it. It's easy to take and helps me all day and only have to use one dose per congestion. I have a very good experience with this brand every time I use it. It's better than other brands I used and works faster and longer. A great brand that I recommend.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I chose this brand because I had a coupon for it. Also it seemed like the other medications I tried were not helping very much. It didn't 100% meet my expectations but it came very close and it's been a very good experience. Zyrtec seems to work quicker than any other allergy medication I’ve ever used. It also usually lasts longer than most other allergy medications. It really helps to relieve my itchy watery eyes and sneezing from my allergies and lets me get on with my day. However, it’s a little pricey. But when only taking one a day it seems to not be too bad on price. Also, it never seems to last the full 24 hours the box says it will.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like Zyrtec because they actually help with my allergies and stop them from bothering me for the day. The feeling is just amazing, no allergies for 24 hours. I would have side effects here and there which can be annoying. One side effect is me feeling a bit numb after the medication have worn away. But this allergies medication helped me more than the side effects have bothered me. I will continue to buy their products.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I had used Zyrtec when I had trouble with allergies as someone in the family had recommended it to me. It seems to be a good brand. Overall my experience has been positive. It seems to work quite quickly, met my expectations, made me feel better, and I didn't feel any side effects.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have tried many different allergy medications throughout my life. For the most part I notice no difference when I have tried other allergy medications. I always end up going back to Zyrtec. I have used Zyrtec for many years. Everyone in my family uses it. It works fairly well for day to day allergies. It is fairly inexpensive if we buy it at Sam’s Club in bulk. But there are times when everything is really blooming and the Zyrtec is just not enough. During those times I add **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zyrtec?

Original review: July 10, 2017

I take Claritin during the day and Zyrtec a night because my doctor recommends it. This medication does make me tired so I only take it at night when I am going to bed. I like it and will continue to use.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had tried other brands and Zyrtec seemed to work better or as well as some of the others I have tried. It works quite well and is effective in a short amount of time. Also very reasonably priced, compared to other allergy medication. It also can be taken with the prescription meds that I'm taking. On the other hand, I don't like that the medication does not relieve all of the symptoms of allergy condition. Also, I have to take it more often than called for as the relief does not last as long as I would like it to.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like the fact that they are to be taken by mouth, not by injection. Also, they work within 10 minutes and I am relieved for an extended period of time (6-10 hours). They don't have an odd taste and don't make me feel sick after taking them. Most medications make me feel really dizzy, gives me a stomach ache, and/or makes me want to vomit. I also heard a lot of good reviews online and at work. It met 85 percent of my expectations with the exception of not lasting as long as it mentioned. I would prefer it though if they had flavors to make the usage of the medication more enjoyable. I would also like it if they were good for 24 hours instead. It would be nice if the effects were much quicker to happen because sometimes I sneeze uncontrollably and it is embarrassing to have a runny nose while at work. But all in all, it was very good!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What I like most about Zyrtec is I can take it once a day and in about an hour or less I can feel it taking effect by my eyes are no longer itchy and all my symptoms are gone within two hours. The biggest thing I don't like about Zyrtec though is that the price is really high at a dollar per pill and this could get costly when symptom like mine are 20 out of 30 days and you are to take 2 a day. That comes to 60 dollars a month. But I don't get any side effect not even a little drowsy. So other than the cost and after trying almost all allergy relief meds Zyrtec has preformed best.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine exceeded my expectations. Having tried multiple other over the counter medicines this is the only one that really seemed to have the effects and relief I so desperately needed. It starts to work really fast and it lasts all day and doesn't lose its effectiveness as the day goes on. The only things I dislike about Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine is that within the first couple of hours of taking it, it makes me feel a little tired or drowsy but only a mild case and it doesn't last for long.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Zyrtec works quickly and it has a good price. I read reviews on this product before considering buying, and the quality and effectiveness is efficient. I did enjoy using this and it was recommendations from other users that prompted me to buy it. My biggest influence was Amazon because the purchase is able to be verified. Zyrtec makes me feel as though I do not have any allergies at all but it could be a bit cheaper or more pills for a cheaper price but that is just something that could be fixed, but isn't a problems. A very pleasant experience overall.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I chose Zyrtec originally because my friend recommended t to me. She had a good experience with it then I also read reviews online about it and actually decided to try it. I found out that these positive reviews were true so I have been using it ever since. I like its effectiveness and its price. It is affordable and has fast effect when you start to take it. It starts to lessen the pain and uncomfort that you feel. It gives me a reason why I should trust and continue using it whenever I get symptoms of my allergy. I simply believe it is the best out there.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought Zyrtec on the recommendation of a friend. It alleviated my symptoms of allergy attacks, sneezing, watery eyes quickly and without any side effects. This medication meets all my requirements for allergy relief. It is one of the best allergy medicines I have taken in the last few years. However, it is a little pricey, I get equal results from Family Dollar brand allergy tablets at 1/5th the cost. This is a substantial savings that I must consider regarding my decision as to which medicine to buy.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Zyrtec relieves most of my allergy symptoms. It dries up my sinuses so I can sleep and helps relieve my itchy eyes. It also stops the sneezing and runny nose and weepy eyes. It only needs to be taken twice a day instead of some medications that you have to take every four hours. However, the medicine makes me a little drowsy. So I cannot drive when taking it. It is also a little more expensive than the store brand. Outside of this I like taking Zyrtec. Overall, I have used other allergy medicines and they did not work quite as well as Zyrtec. One of my children recommended Zyrtec to me. It worked right away and I felt much better in about a half an hour.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My doctor recommended that I take it. It works really well for me and I have a pretty positive attitude towards it. I like pretty much everything about this medication. Only need to take it once a day. Overall, it meets my expectations. However, some days I feel like I need an extra strength dose, or a second dose.

Original review: July 6, 2017

The thing I like most about Zyrtec is that it seems to work for a large variety of allergens. It is easy and convenient to take and comes in a variety of pills, caplets and gel caps. I find that if I take it at night, I'm less congested and can sleep better. One thing that can be a problem with taking Zyrtec is that if I take it in the morning or anytime during the day, I have a much greater tendency to get sleepy or drowsy. That can interfere with the varied tasks I need to accomplish. I find that I sometimes need to drink coffee or a caffeinated drink to counteract the sleepiness or drowsiness. Zyrtec is also somewhat expensive to buy over the counter. It was much more affordable when it was a prescription and I only had to pay a copay.

Nevertheless, I have tried various allergy medications over the years. Some were prescription and some were over the counter. Zyrtec seems to work best for the allergens that cause me to sneeze, cough and have itchy eyes. When I take it at night, I do not have to worry about the drowsiness and do not feel groggy when I wake up in the morning.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I like that Zyrtec stops the watering eyes from outside pollen allergies and makes me breathe better. Although I have asthma and have difficulty breathing otherwise, it still helps. However, it makes me slightly drowsy to the point I feel tired, this isn't good when you have children or operate heavy machinery or even driving. They need a non-drowsy version. It's not a very big pill but it's okay. Nevertheless, I chose Zyrtec because the pharmacist recommended it, it met the expectations I had at the time.

Original review: July 4, 2017

My Dr recommend for me to take this because I can take it once a day at night. So I take it during the season that I need to take it and it work good at night. I awake clear instead of stuffy. I can buy it over the counter too. But sometimes during the season it seems to add up the cost. Maybe they should sell it in a 90 supply. That way I only have to make one purchase.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I chose Zyrtec because of the ingredients in it and the price was cheaper than most others. It works well and lasts for a good amount of time. I felt relief from the pressure within minutes and it lasted for a long time. However, I wouldn't mind if it were less expensive or came with more in the package for the price. Most people cannot afford to continually have to buy a small package at the same price just to get the relief for a short period of time.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I chose this brand because one of the moms I work for used Zyrtec in her children that also had allergies. It worked the first time I tried it so now it's the medication I use all the time. No side effects is awesome. I like this medication because it works great in my allergies and it doesn't have a sleepy side effect. Take it every day. It stops my nose from continuously running and I use way less Kleenex. No more sore nose and watery eyes. But I don't like the taste of the liquid Zyrtec, kids don't care for it either. And the cost is a little higher than other brands. I can never find coupons for Zyrtec either. But I buy it anyways because it works and I save money on buying Kleenex.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I like how I can trust Zyrtec because it was recommended to me by a doctor. I also have friends who use the product and are happy with it as well. My children can use the same medication because it is safe and recommended from the doctor for them to take as well. But I dislike having to take the medication so often. I also do not like to take the medication too close to when I fall asleep because it makes me have crazy dreams. But other than those, I had a great experience with the medication. Zyrtec met my expectations and made me feel better. I feel a lot better after using the medication and the benefits outweigh the side effects.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I like Zyrtec because it works when I take it. It also works fairly quickly so I don't have to wait a long time for my symptoms to stop. I can take it and not be drowsy, which allows me to have a productive day. This also means I do not have to miss work, family activities or other responsibilities. But it can be difficult taking it multiple times per day because my schedule is very busy and I have to stop what I'm doing to take medicine. This can be inconvenient because I interact with a lot of people throughout the day. I must put my day on pause so I can take medication so my allergy symptoms will go away.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I tried many many other brands, actually was prescribed by a doctor a different brand and it seemed to work just fine for a few weeks but then inexplicably just stopped doing the good job it was doing. I like that the Zyrtec pill is small, it only needs to be taken one time every twenty four hours. Although it does not seem to actually work for said twenty four hours. It is over the counter and is quite affordable in its generic form. But I believe it gives me some insomnia if it is taken at night, so I take it in the morning when I get up.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Zyrtec helps me get rid of my worst symptoms. It helps me stop feeling awful and be able to get on with my day and go about feeling productive and alert and not drowsy like some medicines can do to you. It helps me better than other medications. It meets my needs and doesn't make me tired or dizzy so I feel it is a good medicine. It is a very solid medicine that is beneficial to me and my allergies.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I was trying to find something that would work without having to take it all the time. Zyrtec fairly quickly reduces symptoms when I use it without having to wait a long time for relief. It is easy to find where I shop on a regular basis which makes it convenient. But it makes me sleepy when I take it. It takes care of my symptoms but I don't like the side effects so I don't take it on a regular basis. Given the choice I will take something else.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Personally, every time I first take it I feel tired, then I get a rush and my heart starts racing, I have to move around, for like the first hour to 3 hours, then I get really tired again. Tired to the point where I need to sleep, but not as sleepy as **. More like I can do things but I'm still so tired doing it. So, I try to take it at night. You also build a tolerance if taken daily. I have Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria that comes for 3-5 years then goes away for 1-3 years, then comes back. The first time I had CU after a year and a half I had to take 2 pills, then by 4 1/2 years I took 4 pills and it went away by almost 5 years. Then unfortunately after 2 1/2 years I got it again, and luckily 1 pill is working so far, I hope eventually it goes away for good. I know it's not as bad as cancers or any disease but I still don't wish it on anybody. I wish no one had to suffer anything and have to take any medicine to control life.

Original review: May 15, 2017

My 3 years old daughter started out with some allergies sneezing and runny nose and mild eczema. For a while, she was treated with mild ** for the little skin rash. It took me a while before I realized that children Zyrtec helps with the sneezing and itchy rash. She was given 5 mL at first. After a few day when she feel itchy again I would give her another dose. Without realizing that it's been a year now and she's been needing a dose every 36 hours. We started becoming more aggressive with treating what I thought was eczema as her itch and rash is becoming more serve.

They recommended to increase her dose to 10mg/day. It got to the point where her rashes is spreading everywhere, we started treating the rash with topical steroid. Now the rash and the sneeze has gone away but she is still itching. There is no visible rash or inflammation but she is ripping her skin out all over her body. She won't stop until she get her does of Zyrtec. I've always worry about giving her medication but never did I look up if there's a side effect to her taking Zyrtec routinely. Why doesn't physician warm people about this medication? It is available to anyone over the counter without the need to consult a doctor or pharmacist. This drug should be taken off the market. Now, How can I stop the medication without my 4 years old suffering the intolerable itch?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I have been on Zyrtec for over twenty years and within the last six months developed itching to the point of skin scarring. I thought maybe it was because I was on it so long that my body got used to it and it was no longer effective. I have been so itchy on my back, ears, legs, arms and just about everywhere that I didn't know what to do. Yesterday I went to the pharmacy and spoke with the pharmacist who suggested I try a different antihistamine. I started ** this morning. Fingers crossed that this will help to alleviate my itching problem. This drug is bad and the scary part about it is that my doctor doesn't even know it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I was prescribed Cetirizine/Zyrtec about a month ago by going to ER because I had an allergic reaction from something. I started the medicine and seems like when I take it and wake up the next day I am full of hives from head to toe. My face and eyes are swollen all the time and the hives are humongous. The itching redness from them are unbelievable. So I went to my primary and he told me to take them for a week and if the issue still there he will refer me to an allergist. Well I flushed them because those pills were causing me hives all over my body. I thought I had bed bugs or dust mites and got rid of all my furniture. Surely something can be done to remove this medicine from off the shelves.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I have been taking the generic Zyrtec from Walgreens for 7 years. I have suffered with seasonal allergies all my life and was given ** or ** as a young child, and slept most my life away. So yes my quality life has improved but I ran out a few nights ago. Woke up the next morning with a little headache. Took some **. Didn't think much of it. The next day I woke up and bam I had a migraine, white spots in back of my throat, my whole body ached, abdominal pain, couldn't get out of bed, my head was foggy. Thought I was getting a very bad Virus. Had all the symptoms. Weird Right? So my brother thankfully picked up my allergy meds so that night I took it. The next morning still had a small headache but the other symptoms were pretty much gone. It was very hard for me to imagine withdrawal from allergy medication. So I guess I just have to keep taking them!

Zyrtec Company Information