1.93/5
Based on 280 reviews that contain star ratings

318 Zyrtec Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2017

I saw an advertisement on tv and decided to give Zyrtec a try. I'm pleased I did as it works well. I have tried many that have way too many side effects. This by far is one of the best. It works fast and doesn't make me too drowsy. It alleviates the symptoms so I can get on with my life. But it's a little bit too expensive and not many caplets per box. I would like to be able buy it with a bulk option but sometimes when I go to buy it it's sold out so I have to run around from store to store till I find it. Also, it makes me feel ever so slightly nauseous.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been using Zyrtec for quite a long time now and am very happy with them. Zyrtec has helped me out a whole lot with all of my seasonal allergies and my coughing and runny nose and sneezing and itchy watery eyes. A pharmacist recommended them quite a while back and I have been using them ever since and have been very happy with them. Thank you Zyrtec.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I liked that it helped me out with especially doing the right thing by helping me with the agonizing pain of seasonal allergies in the during the pollen is really bad and Zyrtec helps a lot with that for me. The medicine did make me want to go to sleep and drink a lot of water but it didn't affect the consumption of the medication. I still took the medicine and I like it a lot. I really, really wish and want this medicine I like to cure me of allergies. Far fetched I know.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Zyrtec is effective and pleasant. Dries up my sinuses when they inflame due to allergies. It does this without inflaming them and causing unpleasant side effects. It also keeps me awake but not jittery. It keeps my nasal passages clear while not making me sleepy. Unlike other medications that serve this purpose I never feel too dry and it never has caused a nose bleed due to too much dryness. But this, like many over the counter medications is too expensive. It would also be nice if they combined it with a decongestant.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I chose this medicine because the pharmacist suggested it. It met all of my needs and expectations and I felt great after using it. It helped clear out my allergy symptoms, cleared up my nose and my throat. I also did not have any side effects while taking this medicine. This medicine worked great for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zyrtec?

Original review: July 14, 2017

My family is also allergic and we have tried others. Some friends used Zyrtec and recommended it to me and this product works right away and last up 8 hours before I take it again. It also doesn't make me drowsy, helps me stay focused what I am doing at the time and still be able to perform my job or being with family and enjoying the outdoors. But sorta expensive and needs to lower the price so I can afford the product as well as others. Need to come in both liquid or gel capsule. That way everyone can try it for it will make them feel better quickly and feel relief from taking medication.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Zyrtec has always been my go-to allergy medication when my allergies start acting up. It always works, I never have to use anything else for my allergies. It doesn't make me drowsy at all like a lot of other medications. It is a really great medicine and it is available everywhere you shop. I always take it when I start getting that weird tingling feeling in my sinuses. Within a half of a hour it starts working, and it works throughout the full day. I don't get tired off of it, I just am normal feeling throughout the day.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Zyrtec was recommended by a friend and so I thought I would give it a try. I felt a lot better after using it. I was happy I tried it and been continuing to use when my allergies are bad. I like how it works and the price and the availability of it. Also, it doesn’t give me heartburn like some pills. That’s another plus. I've never had any problems with it so far. It fill every need I have when looking for a good allergy medicine.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I like that Zyrtec gives me almost immediate relief from my symptoms. I often feel extremely rejuvenated and refreshed from my symptoms throughout my day when I choose this medicine. It doesn't cause me to be drowsy throughout the day either and I can continue with my normal daily activities. It has little to no side effects and that's why I will continue to use it as my normal go to allergy medication. I always get the best results when I choose this particular allergy medication. It's also very affordable and can be purchased over the counter as well. It may be out of stock usual retail location where I purchase it but if so I'll just go to another location to buy it.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I needed something to take care of my allergies fast so I thought I would try this product. It works well and doesn't leave me tired so I continue to buy it. It takes care of all of the symptoms I am having. I like that it is not really expensive and that you get your money’s worth. Though I think it should come with more in the package. That is my only real complaint. Other than that, it's very very good.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Zyrtec was new on the market when I first started to use it. I was experiencing severe allergy symptoms and other medications only last for a few hours, causing me to take more medicine. I have suffered with my allergies for over 50 years and Zyrtec is the only medication that gives me some kind of relief extensively. It helps relieve allergy symptoms such as runny eyes, sniffles, sinus congestion, sinus drainage and more. I take one pill in the morning and a last for most of the day. I have not experienced any side effects and it gives me the opportunity to enjoy my time outdoors. It also helps me with indoor irritants such as dust, pet dander, poor air circulation, and dust mites. The bottle is small enough to fit discreetly in my purse or pocket.

Zyrtec is quite expensive but I am willing to pay a higher price to get allergy relief. Additionally, the number of pills in the bottle should be increased to allow for extra dosages if need for 30 day supply. Other than that, Zyrtec has exceeded my expectations. I refer it to my family and friends every chance I get. I am very pleased to use this product and give such a good rating for it.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have had 3 different nasal surgeries in the past 6 years, and need to take allergy medicine every day. The allergy medication I have taken don't normally work, I had been getting a prescription for it, because all the junk they put you through to get it over the counter is ridiculous, but my ENT, has been arrested and I have not found a new one. I chose this one because it was the best value. I quite like this allergy medicine, I have the best outcome, fewer headaches, and relatively no side effects whatsoever. Others I tried didn't work or gave me a headache.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like that Zyrtec works great and helps me start feeling better right after I take it. It's easy to take and helps me all day and only have to use one dose per congestion. I have a very good experience with this brand every time I use it. It's better than other brands I used and works faster and longer. A great brand that I recommend.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I chose this brand because I had a coupon for it. Also it seemed like the other medications I tried were not helping very much. It didn't 100% meet my expectations but it came very close and it's been a very good experience. Zyrtec seems to work quicker than any other allergy medication I’ve ever used. It also usually lasts longer than most other allergy medications. It really helps to relieve my itchy watery eyes and sneezing from my allergies and lets me get on with my day. However, it’s a little pricey. But when only taking one a day it seems to not be too bad on price. Also, it never seems to last the full 24 hours the box says it will.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like Zyrtec because they actually help with my allergies and stop them from bothering me for the day. The feeling is just amazing, no allergies for 24 hours. I would have side effects here and there which can be annoying. One side effect is me feeling a bit numb after the medication have worn away. But this allergies medication helped me more than the side effects have bothered me. I will continue to buy their products.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I had used Zyrtec when I had trouble with allergies as someone in the family had recommended it to me. It seems to be a good brand. Overall my experience has been positive. It seems to work quite quickly, met my expectations, made me feel better, and I didn't feel any side effects.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have tried many different allergy medications throughout my life. For the most part I notice no difference when I have tried other allergy medications. I always end up going back to Zyrtec. I have used Zyrtec for many years. Everyone in my family uses it. It works fairly well for day to day allergies. It is fairly inexpensive if we buy it at Sam’s Club in bulk. But there are times when everything is really blooming and the Zyrtec is just not enough. During those times I add **.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I take Claritin during the day and Zyrtec a night because my doctor recommends it. This medication does make me tired so I only take it at night when I am going to bed. I like it and will continue to use.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had tried other brands and Zyrtec seemed to work better or as well as some of the others I have tried. It works quite well and is effective in a short amount of time. Also very reasonably priced, compared to other allergy medication. It also can be taken with the prescription meds that I'm taking. On the other hand, I don't like that the medication does not relieve all of the symptoms of allergy condition. Also, I have to take it more often than called for as the relief does not last as long as I would like it to.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like the fact that they are to be taken by mouth, not by injection. Also, they work within 10 minutes and I am relieved for an extended period of time (6-10 hours). They don't have an odd taste and don't make me feel sick after taking them. Most medications make me feel really dizzy, gives me a stomach ache, and/or makes me want to vomit. I also heard a lot of good reviews online and at work. It met 85 percent of my expectations with the exception of not lasting as long as it mentioned. I would prefer it though if they had flavors to make the usage of the medication more enjoyable. I would also like it if they were good for 24 hours instead. It would be nice if the effects were much quicker to happen because sometimes I sneeze uncontrollably and it is embarrassing to have a runny nose while at work. But all in all, it was very good!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What I like most about Zyrtec is I can take it once a day and in about an hour or less I can feel it taking effect by my eyes are no longer itchy and all my symptoms are gone within two hours. The biggest thing I don't like about Zyrtec though is that the price is really high at a dollar per pill and this could get costly when symptom like mine are 20 out of 30 days and you are to take 2 a day. That comes to 60 dollars a month. But I don't get any side effect not even a little drowsy. So other than the cost and after trying almost all allergy relief meds Zyrtec has preformed best.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine exceeded my expectations. Having tried multiple other over the counter medicines this is the only one that really seemed to have the effects and relief I so desperately needed. It starts to work really fast and it lasts all day and doesn't lose its effectiveness as the day goes on. The only things I dislike about Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine is that within the first couple of hours of taking it, it makes me feel a little tired or drowsy but only a mild case and it doesn't last for long.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Zyrtec works quickly and it has a good price. I read reviews on this product before considering buying, and the quality and effectiveness is efficient. I did enjoy using this and it was recommendations from other users that prompted me to buy it. My biggest influence was Amazon because the purchase is able to be verified. Zyrtec makes me feel as though I do not have any allergies at all but it could be a bit cheaper or more pills for a cheaper price but that is just something that could be fixed, but isn't a problems. A very pleasant experience overall.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I chose Zyrtec originally because my friend recommended t to me. She had a good experience with it then I also read reviews online about it and actually decided to try it. I found out that these positive reviews were true so I have been using it ever since. I like its effectiveness and its price. It is affordable and has fast effect when you start to take it. It starts to lessen the pain and uncomfort that you feel. It gives me a reason why I should trust and continue using it whenever I get symptoms of my allergy. I simply believe it is the best out there.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought Zyrtec on the recommendation of a friend. It alleviated my symptoms of allergy attacks, sneezing, watery eyes quickly and without any side effects. This medication meets all my requirements for allergy relief. It is one of the best allergy medicines I have taken in the last few years. However, it is a little pricey, I get equal results from Family Dollar brand allergy tablets at 1/5th the cost. This is a substantial savings that I must consider regarding my decision as to which medicine to buy.

Original review: July 7, 2017

Zyrtec relieves most of my allergy symptoms. It dries up my sinuses so I can sleep and helps relieve my itchy eyes. It also stops the sneezing and runny nose and weepy eyes. It only needs to be taken twice a day instead of some medications that you have to take every four hours. However, the medicine makes me a little drowsy. So I cannot drive when taking it. It is also a little more expensive than the store brand. Outside of this I like taking Zyrtec. Overall, I have used other allergy medicines and they did not work quite as well as Zyrtec. One of my children recommended Zyrtec to me. It worked right away and I felt much better in about a half an hour.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My doctor recommended that I take it. It works really well for me and I have a pretty positive attitude towards it. I like pretty much everything about this medication. Only need to take it once a day. Overall, it meets my expectations. However, some days I feel like I need an extra strength dose, or a second dose.

Original review: July 6, 2017

The thing I like most about Zyrtec is that it seems to work for a large variety of allergens. It is easy and convenient to take and comes in a variety of pills, caplets and gel caps. I find that if I take it at night, I'm less congested and can sleep better. One thing that can be a problem with taking Zyrtec is that if I take it in the morning or anytime during the day, I have a much greater tendency to get sleepy or drowsy. That can interfere with the varied tasks I need to accomplish. I find that I sometimes need to drink coffee or a caffeinated drink to counteract the sleepiness or drowsiness. Zyrtec is also somewhat expensive to buy over the counter. It was much more affordable when it was a prescription and I only had to pay a copay.

Nevertheless, I have tried various allergy medications over the years. Some were prescription and some were over the counter. Zyrtec seems to work best for the allergens that cause me to sneeze, cough and have itchy eyes. When I take it at night, I do not have to worry about the drowsiness and do not feel groggy when I wake up in the morning.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I like that Zyrtec stops the watering eyes from outside pollen allergies and makes me breathe better. Although I have asthma and have difficulty breathing otherwise, it still helps. However, it makes me slightly drowsy to the point I feel tired, this isn't good when you have children or operate heavy machinery or even driving. They need a non-drowsy version. It's not a very big pill but it's okay. Nevertheless, I chose Zyrtec because the pharmacist recommended it, it met the expectations I had at the time.

Original review: July 4, 2017

My Dr recommend for me to take this because I can take it once a day at night. So I take it during the season that I need to take it and it work good at night. I awake clear instead of stuffy. I can buy it over the counter too. But sometimes during the season it seems to add up the cost. Maybe they should sell it in a 90 supply. That way I only have to make one purchase.

Zyrtec Company Information