1.91/5
Based on 288 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

326 Zyrtec Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2017

I chose this brand because it was recommended by my doctor and several of my friends. I felt much better after using it compared to before using it. I like that it is easy to take and makes my allergies go away for a while. I like feeling more healthy. I think this is a very good brand to treat allergies. I would recommend it to friends and family. However I wish that it would cost less to treat allergies. Sometimes I suffer because I can't afford the price. I also wish that all allergy medicines were for 24 hours.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I chose Zyrtec because it sincerely works the best. I prefer it over any other medication that I have taken while I'm experiencing the seasonal allergies. I like the non drowsy formula. I like that it's fast acting and removes the symptoms fast. It's worth the money and it lasts for the whole day. It's a small pill and I like that it is easy to swallow. When I have accidentally let it dissolve in my mouth it did not taste bad. That was a major bonus. However I don't like the price. It's very expensive and it's the only medication that works really well. I have no choice but to purchase it. It's only for 24 hours and wouldn't it be great if it lasted Longer just in case I forgot to take another dose for the seasonal allergies.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 19, 2017

The medication takes about 30 minutes to work but after the thirty minutes of waiting time, I had minimal to zero allergy issues. The medication met my needs and it is worth it. So as soon as the medication worked I had minimal to zero allergy issues. The side effects are a very small problem that I deal with but it is worth not having any allergy troubles.

Original review: July 19, 2017

A lot of people in my family use Zyrtec. I like this allergy medicine because it really does a great job at relieving my allergies. Without this medicine I am constantly sneezing, watery, and terribly itchy eyes. This medicine has met all my expectations and above. I had no side effects, which is great because that always makes me a little nervous about taking medicine. The only thing I would change would be how often you take it. It would be nice to only have to take it once a week. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember to take a pill each day.

Original review: July 18, 2017

This is a very effective over the counter medication. It does not make me sleepy but it is just as effective. When using Zyrtec I get relief from scratchy eyes and nasal congestion that's common during the spring-summer season. I always feel much better after taking Zyrtec and it meets all my expectations. I would recommend this product to all seasonal allergy sufferers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zyrtec?

Original review: July 17, 2017

I chose this brand because I had problems with other brands making me drowsy or raising my blood pressure. My allergies are pretty much carbon copy to my Mom and she suggested it. I started using it and noticed relief without side effects. It does a good time alleviating my major symptoms over time and doesn't have undesirable side effects like drowsiness that several others cause for me. But I have to supplement it with other medications on bad days. It helps but it doesn't get rid of every allergy related problem by itself. I often have to take an extra pill to dry up my sinuses. Also it's costly.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Zyrtec seemed to work fairly well more than half the time it was used. The medicine relieved some of the symptoms that I was experiencing each time. It did not upset my stomach or make me feel sick or ill in any other way. But it did make me somewhat sleepy a few time when I took the recommended dosage and it did not work every time it used it. Also, the cost for this and many other over the counter allergy medicine seems a bit pricey. My overall experience with Zyrtec was just satisfactory. I chose it because I knew the name and it was recommended both by a doctor and a pharmacist. It was also available at several local retail stores, grocery stores, discount stores and pharmacies. This allergy medication only partially met my expectations.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I chose this product based on TV ads. It's a newer product. It seems that a lot of allergy medications put me to sleep. Zyrtec works well without drowsiness and it's easy to use. It treated all of the symptoms associated with allergies including runny/stuffy nose, itchy, tearing eyes, headache without putting me to sleep. But the price is a little high and I sure wish it cost less. However, I am pretty good at finding coupons in either the newspaper or online for this product.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I saw an advertisement on tv and decided to give Zyrtec a try. I'm pleased I did as it works well. I have tried many that have way too many side effects. This by far is one of the best. It works fast and doesn't make me too drowsy. It alleviates the symptoms so I can get on with my life. But it's a little bit too expensive and not many caplets per box. I would like to be able buy it with a bulk option but sometimes when I go to buy it it's sold out so I have to run around from store to store till I find it. Also, it makes me feel ever so slightly nauseous.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been using Zyrtec for quite a long time now and am very happy with them. Zyrtec has helped me out a whole lot with all of my seasonal allergies and my coughing and runny nose and sneezing and itchy watery eyes. A pharmacist recommended them quite a while back and I have been using them ever since and have been very happy with them. Thank you Zyrtec.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I liked that it helped me out with especially doing the right thing by helping me with the agonizing pain of seasonal allergies in the during the pollen is really bad and Zyrtec helps a lot with that for me. The medicine did make me want to go to sleep and drink a lot of water but it didn't affect the consumption of the medication. I still took the medicine and I like it a lot. I really, really wish and want this medicine I like to cure me of allergies. Far fetched I know.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Zyrtec is effective and pleasant. Dries up my sinuses when they inflame due to allergies. It does this without inflaming them and causing unpleasant side effects. It also keeps me awake but not jittery. It keeps my nasal passages clear while not making me sleepy. Unlike other medications that serve this purpose I never feel too dry and it never has caused a nose bleed due to too much dryness. But this, like many over the counter medications is too expensive. It would also be nice if they combined it with a decongestant.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I chose this medicine because the pharmacist suggested it. It met all of my needs and expectations and I felt great after using it. It helped clear out my allergy symptoms, cleared up my nose and my throat. I also did not have any side effects while taking this medicine. This medicine worked great for me.

Original review: July 14, 2017

My family is also allergic and we have tried others. Some friends used Zyrtec and recommended it to me and this product works right away and last up 8 hours before I take it again. It also doesn't make me drowsy, helps me stay focused what I am doing at the time and still be able to perform my job or being with family and enjoying the outdoors. But sorta expensive and needs to lower the price so I can afford the product as well as others. Need to come in both liquid or gel capsule. That way everyone can try it for it will make them feel better quickly and feel relief from taking medication.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Zyrtec has always been my go-to allergy medication when my allergies start acting up. It always works, I never have to use anything else for my allergies. It doesn't make me drowsy at all like a lot of other medications. It is a really great medicine and it is available everywhere you shop. I always take it when I start getting that weird tingling feeling in my sinuses. Within a half of a hour it starts working, and it works throughout the full day. I don't get tired off of it, I just am normal feeling throughout the day.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Zyrtec was recommended by a friend and so I thought I would give it a try. I felt a lot better after using it. I was happy I tried it and been continuing to use when my allergies are bad. I like how it works and the price and the availability of it. Also, it doesn’t give me heartburn like some pills. That’s another plus. I've never had any problems with it so far. It fill every need I have when looking for a good allergy medicine.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I like that Zyrtec gives me almost immediate relief from my symptoms. I often feel extremely rejuvenated and refreshed from my symptoms throughout my day when I choose this medicine. It doesn't cause me to be drowsy throughout the day either and I can continue with my normal daily activities. It has little to no side effects and that's why I will continue to use it as my normal go to allergy medication. I always get the best results when I choose this particular allergy medication. It's also very affordable and can be purchased over the counter as well. It may be out of stock usual retail location where I purchase it but if so I'll just go to another location to buy it.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I needed something to take care of my allergies fast so I thought I would try this product. It works well and doesn't leave me tired so I continue to buy it. It takes care of all of the symptoms I am having. I like that it is not really expensive and that you get your money’s worth. Though I think it should come with more in the package. That is my only real complaint. Other than that, it's very very good.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Zyrtec was new on the market when I first started to use it. I was experiencing severe allergy symptoms and other medications only last for a few hours, causing me to take more medicine. I have suffered with my allergies for over 50 years and Zyrtec is the only medication that gives me some kind of relief extensively. It helps relieve allergy symptoms such as runny eyes, sniffles, sinus congestion, sinus drainage and more. I take one pill in the morning and a last for most of the day. I have not experienced any side effects and it gives me the opportunity to enjoy my time outdoors. It also helps me with indoor irritants such as dust, pet dander, poor air circulation, and dust mites. The bottle is small enough to fit discreetly in my purse or pocket.

Zyrtec is quite expensive but I am willing to pay a higher price to get allergy relief. Additionally, the number of pills in the bottle should be increased to allow for extra dosages if need for 30 day supply. Other than that, Zyrtec has exceeded my expectations. I refer it to my family and friends every chance I get. I am very pleased to use this product and give such a good rating for it.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have had 3 different nasal surgeries in the past 6 years, and need to take allergy medicine every day. The allergy medication I have taken don't normally work, I had been getting a prescription for it, because all the junk they put you through to get it over the counter is ridiculous, but my ENT, has been arrested and I have not found a new one. I chose this one because it was the best value. I quite like this allergy medicine, I have the best outcome, fewer headaches, and relatively no side effects whatsoever. Others I tried didn't work or gave me a headache.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like that Zyrtec works great and helps me start feeling better right after I take it. It's easy to take and helps me all day and only have to use one dose per congestion. I have a very good experience with this brand every time I use it. It's better than other brands I used and works faster and longer. A great brand that I recommend.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I chose this brand because I had a coupon for it. Also it seemed like the other medications I tried were not helping very much. It didn't 100% meet my expectations but it came very close and it's been a very good experience. Zyrtec seems to work quicker than any other allergy medication I’ve ever used. It also usually lasts longer than most other allergy medications. It really helps to relieve my itchy watery eyes and sneezing from my allergies and lets me get on with my day. However, it’s a little pricey. But when only taking one a day it seems to not be too bad on price. Also, it never seems to last the full 24 hours the box says it will.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I like Zyrtec because they actually help with my allergies and stop them from bothering me for the day. The feeling is just amazing, no allergies for 24 hours. I would have side effects here and there which can be annoying. One side effect is me feeling a bit numb after the medication have worn away. But this allergies medication helped me more than the side effects have bothered me. I will continue to buy their products.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I had used Zyrtec when I had trouble with allergies as someone in the family had recommended it to me. It seems to be a good brand. Overall my experience has been positive. It seems to work quite quickly, met my expectations, made me feel better, and I didn't feel any side effects.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have tried many different allergy medications throughout my life. For the most part I notice no difference when I have tried other allergy medications. I always end up going back to Zyrtec. I have used Zyrtec for many years. Everyone in my family uses it. It works fairly well for day to day allergies. It is fairly inexpensive if we buy it at Sam’s Club in bulk. But there are times when everything is really blooming and the Zyrtec is just not enough. During those times I add **.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I take Claritin during the day and Zyrtec a night because my doctor recommends it. This medication does make me tired so I only take it at night when I am going to bed. I like it and will continue to use.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had tried other brands and Zyrtec seemed to work better or as well as some of the others I have tried. It works quite well and is effective in a short amount of time. Also very reasonably priced, compared to other allergy medication. It also can be taken with the prescription meds that I'm taking. On the other hand, I don't like that the medication does not relieve all of the symptoms of allergy condition. Also, I have to take it more often than called for as the relief does not last as long as I would like it to.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I like the fact that they are to be taken by mouth, not by injection. Also, they work within 10 minutes and I am relieved for an extended period of time (6-10 hours). They don't have an odd taste and don't make me feel sick after taking them. Most medications make me feel really dizzy, gives me a stomach ache, and/or makes me want to vomit. I also heard a lot of good reviews online and at work. It met 85 percent of my expectations with the exception of not lasting as long as it mentioned. I would prefer it though if they had flavors to make the usage of the medication more enjoyable. I would also like it if they were good for 24 hours instead. It would be nice if the effects were much quicker to happen because sometimes I sneeze uncontrollably and it is embarrassing to have a runny nose while at work. But all in all, it was very good!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What I like most about Zyrtec is I can take it once a day and in about an hour or less I can feel it taking effect by my eyes are no longer itchy and all my symptoms are gone within two hours. The biggest thing I don't like about Zyrtec though is that the price is really high at a dollar per pill and this could get costly when symptom like mine are 20 out of 30 days and you are to take 2 a day. That comes to 60 dollars a month. But I don't get any side effect not even a little drowsy. So other than the cost and after trying almost all allergy relief meds Zyrtec has preformed best.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine exceeded my expectations. Having tried multiple other over the counter medicines this is the only one that really seemed to have the effects and relief I so desperately needed. It starts to work really fast and it lasts all day and doesn't lose its effectiveness as the day goes on. The only things I dislike about Zyrtec over the counter allergy medicine is that within the first couple of hours of taking it, it makes me feel a little tired or drowsy but only a mild case and it doesn't last for long.

Zyrtec Company Information